Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That's always good to hear, Colonel," Julian replied with an honest smile. "Doesn't get shown enough in the press, though, the ones that end without a fight." He shifted in his seat. "But, of course, jaw-jaw doesn't sell advertising space as much as war-war."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I'm 24, I don't think the words smart and wise are really the right ones to use just yet," Gregg jokes, mentally noting Mist's second time zoning out into the distance. "But I'm glad that you're up for it nonetheless." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it, holding it up so that Mist could see his number.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Mist smiles at the joke. "It's all relative. Plus I think you're a bit ahead of your age group, but that may just be me being too much of a shut-in to know better." He quickly sets up a contact with Gregg's number, sending a test text to ensure the phones work. "Did that work?" He asks, looking up. All he'd sent is a simple (Hi Mr. Gregg, this is Mist from the KDF recruitment) to keep him in Gregg's memory easier.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So, a bit of pain while shifting is normal for a Rakshasi?" Lightfoot asks.
"I have to admit Rakshasi aren't my speciality. I'll have to brush up on my reading about your kind."
"I definitely get the head rush though. It's definitely nice to stretch after you've been in disguise for a while. And I miss my other heads while I'm in disguise."

~~~~~~~~
"I suppose I'd better stay and make sure the kid is all right." Ryan answers the cop after a moment's thought, following him to the other Kaiju. He nods to his brethren and then crouches and smiles at the kid.
"How're you doing, buddy? My name's Ryan. What's yours? I see you've met my friends Wildfire and Mordecai already. Bet you've never met a real dragon before, hey?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg turned his phone back towards himself and read the message as he got it. He chuckled, "Y'know, you don't have to keep saying Mister. I'm not that old, but thanks for the compliment that I'm ahead in my age group." He quickly shoots a message back, just for secondary confirmation that he got it.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:"So, a bit of pain while shifting is normal for a Rakshasi?" Lightfoot asks.
Tigress gives an uncertain gesture as if she were weighing options. "For most it makes it quicker and easier. Life pools don't like to change. So if you put a leak in them, it's going to fix anyway, and it's got room to expand. No downsides-plus it intimidates prey." She grins down at the rabbit.
Hlaoroo wrote: "I have to admit Rakshasi aren't my speciality. I'll have to brush up on my reading about your kind."
Tigress frowns, shaking her head. "The Rakshasa are highly varied, it won't help much. But from what I hear you all have information on our clan, that may help. Couldn't tell you why we're special."
Hlaoroo wrote: "I definitely get the head rush though. It's definitely nice to stretch after you've been in disguise for a while. And I miss my other heads while I'm in disguise."
That explains a lot, but opens up way more questions. "Wait, hold on. Other heads?" She squints, slowly shifting to a kneel to get a better look. "Wow. What even are you?" She asks bluntly.
Deske wrote:Gregg turned his phone back towards himself and read the message as he got it. He chuckled, "Y'know, you don't have to keep saying Mister. I'm not that old, but thanks for the compliment that I'm ahead in my age group." He quickly shoots a message back, just for secondary confirmation that he got it.
Mist smiles as the phone buzzes in his hand. He stows it, looking back at Gregg, a touch abashed. "Oh, right, sorry. You're not old or anything. Just used to doing that with my teachers." He tucks his hands into his lap, frantically trying to think of something else to talk about. "So you're joining too? Why? If you don't mind me asking, I didn't mean that to sound rude or like you can't or anything, it's not like I own this..." He shakes his head and smiles at Gregg again.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:11 am "That's always good to hear, Colonel," Julian replied with an honest smile. "Doesn't get shown enough in the press, though, the ones that end without a fight." He shifted in his seat. "But, of course, jaw-jaw doesn't sell advertising space as much as war-war."
"Actually it does get shown." Heather chuckled slightly and grinned. "The issue is the news cameras only pick up a bunch of roaring. See, when Kaiju speak to each other when fully grown, all it sounds like to us little folk is a lot of roars and low-pitched wailing. A conversation doesn't sound much friendlier than an argument, and we can't understand a word of it." She shrugged, then reached for some papers left on the table. "Anyway, I believe you showed your ID and took the test already, and your results from the physical are pending, so in the meantime I suppose all that's left to do is officially fill out the application and sign the liability waiver and all of that paperwork." She pushed the papers over to Julian.

-----------------------
SeanWolf wrote:"I beg your pardon!" Mordecai gasped in fun before laughing, "Hey, I'll have you know I may be 42 but I'm still a young fella!" However, he soon regretted even saying that as, the moment he turned back around, he immediately walked into the hood of a nearby police car. "Oof!" he grunted as he looked at the kid, who looked to be about ready to lose it in laughter, and then at Wildfire, who equally was about ready to just lose it in laughter, and could only just try to stifle his laughter as well.
The police officer walked up to Wildfire and Mordecai while they were laughing. "Hello. Captain Ahab." The police captain showed his badge and Id to prove that was indeed his name and title. "If I could ask the two of you, what happened here? If you could start from the events at the restaurant, what resulted in you pursuing the people in this car, and what happened to result in it's... current state?" he asked.

Wildfire stopped laughing, though he still seemed in good spirits. "Captain." He nodded, pulling his KDF badge and ID out to show. "We were having lunch at Giovanni's and discussing Kaiju and hunter related matters. I was disguised, but we were perhaps not as quiet as we should have been. The hunter happened to be there, and he called for backup. At some point, the two people and the child from the car entered the restaurant, and the first hunter took his shot. I noticed his behavior and blocked it. I stunned him with an electric burst, then performed the arrest. In the fight, the Dingos fled."

"I checked the suspect's phone and realized he had called for backup, so I went outside to ensure Ryan and Mordecai's safety."
Wildfire continued, trying to be as thorough as possible. "That's when I noticed the missing person's poster. I interrogated the captive hunter, and he led us here. I used a fireball to melt the tire of the vehicle in hopes of slowing it down, but it lost control. I put a foot through it's engine block in an effort to destroy the engine, but ended up pinning the vehicle to the floor. I punched through the windshield and stunned both kidnappers, then arrested them. The child showed signs of old injuries, but I healed him."

"Thank you." The captain said. "I appreciate you being thorough." He looked back, and up, at Mordecai. "Would you have anything to add?" he asked.
Hlaoroo wrote:"I suppose I'd better stay and make sure the kid is all right." Ryan answers the cop after a moment's thought, following him to the other Kaiju. He nods to his brethren and then crouches and smiles at the kid.
"How're you doing, buddy? My name's Ryan. What's yours? I see you've met my friends Wildfire and Mordecai already. Bet you've never met a real dragon before, hey?"
The kid shook his head. "Mommy and Daddy called me Danny, but Mr. and Mrs. Wilde called me Chris."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:31 am "Thank you." The captain said. "I appreciate you being thorough." He looked back, and up, at Mordecai. "Would you have anything to add?" he asked.
Calming himself down, Mordecai responded, "Other then I'm the mayor of Thunder Bay, so there may have been more to the hunters intentions? Not really, seeing that Wildfire already told you all that happened and I confirm every word he said, Captain."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, yeah," Julian mused, putting a finger to his lower lip, "I did notice that the one time a few years back. The news reported all the danger and threats... as two Kaiju had a 'discussion' about who was better; Cara Deleveigne or Rihanna." He picked up the papers. "Do you want me to fill these in here or out there?" he nodded to the waiting room.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg smirked slightly as he put his phone back in his pocket. "You don't have to be so nervous you know. Most people can figure out the meaning behind what you're saying. As for why I joined, well if I'm going to be honest, I don't really know," he said with a shrug. "I guess it was just the allure of maybe being able to be me without people running and screaming or without having to find a secluded spot in the woods with some close friends to maybe let loose for a bit. I trust my friends, they haven't ratted me out yet, but if I could build that kind of trust in other people, maybe there'd be more of them willing to give us a hand when it comes to things like hunters or just general legislation elsewhere in the country. So far as I know, Crater City is pretty progressive with their Kaiju laws. So I guess I hope that a good show here will lead to changes in other places too."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:26 pm Gregg smirked slightly as he put his phone back in his pocket. "You don't have to be so nervous you know. Most people can figure out the meaning behind what you're saying.
With emotionless eyes and a wide smile looking Gregg directly in the face, Mist whispers "All it takes is one mistake." As soon as he finishes and blinks his eyes are back to their jovial sparkle, followed by no further reactions.
Deske wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:26 pm-As for why I joined, well if I'm going to be honest, I don't really know," he said with a shrug. "I guess it was just the allure of maybe being able to be me without people running and screaming or without having to find a secluded spot in the woods with some close friends to maybe let loose for a bit. I trust my friends, they haven't ratted me out yet, but if I could build that kind of trust in other people, maybe there'd be more of them willing to give us a hand when it comes to things like hunters or just general legislation elsewhere in the country. So far as I know, Crater City is pretty progressive with their Kaiju laws. So I guess I hope that a good show here will lead to changes in other places too."
Absolute shock is clear in his face. Any other questions he may have had are immediately thrown aside. His voice is mainly confused, but there's some hint of humor in it, as though what he says is funny. "You... people know you're a Kaiju? You haven't been killed...?" He had told no one, shown no hints. And the one day he went out to do something with this curse he's nearly assassinated. It doesn't make sense... but then, that was the story of their lives. Some past life they must've been absolute monsters and they're still paying off the karmic debt. If he tried to invest that information in someone, they'd surely be a hunter themselves, against all odds. His gaze trails away again, off to the side with a slight frown as he responds "That's a very noble goal... Selfless."
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm a Tinner's Hare, from Devonshire. You might have seen the motif- three hares chasing each other in a circle, sharing three ears so that each hare has two." Lightfoot answers pleasantly.
"It's a neat way of representing us even if it is biologically inaccurate. The folks of the medieval world were a creative, if superstitious, lot." agrees his second head.
"Only bugs me when they call me a rabbit." grumbles the third, earning a glare and a chuckle from the other two.
"So, if open wounds are useful to you then I suppose I should limit myself if you need healing, right? I'll definitely make sure to read my notes on your clan. Thanks for the tip." the first head asks, looking for clarification.
"Oh, that reminds me. I'll need to grab a blood sample from you before I let you go. Just means I can make sure your liver and kidneys and all that sort of thing are functioning properly. How are you with needles?"

~~~~~~~~
"I see. Well, we're going to get you back to your Mommy and Daddy, Danny. Would you like that?" the otter asks, deciding it's best to ask one simple question at a time for now.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg gave Mist a hard stare for a few seconds. "... Uh huh." He stares for a few more seconds before somewhat cautiously continuing the conversation, "I mean you gotta vet people before you just drop bombs on them like that. Ease into it, figure out what their opinions are on such topics."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I'm a Tinner's Hare, from Devonshire. You might have seen the motif- three hares chasing each other in a circle, sharing three ears so that each hare has two." Lightfoot answers pleasantly.
"It's a neat way of representing us even if it is biologically inaccurate. The folks of the medieval world were a creative, if superstitious, lot." agrees his second head.
"Only bugs me when they call me a rabbit." grumbles the third, earning a glare and a chuckle from the other two.
Completely lost, Tigress shakes her head. "Never seen anything like that... and I'm not sure how you aren't a rabbit, but I'll try to remember that I guess. Are rabbits the girls...?" She still looks puzzled, but shrugs and moves on.
Hlaoroo wrote: "So, if open wounds are useful to you then I suppose I should limit myself if you need healing, right? I'll definitely make sure to read my notes on your clan. Thanks for the tip." the first head asks, looking for clarification.
"Oh, that reminds me. I'll need to grab a blood sample from you before I let you go. Just means I can make sure your liver and kidneys and all that sort of thing are functioning properly. How are you with needles?"
A monstrous grin grows on the tiger as she moves to sit cross-legged, looking and stretching her arms upwards. "The wounds are for shifting up. Shifting down doesn't matter since only pool-reducing wounds stick in my little form, long-lasting injuries. Like if my arm's cut off. Other than those I'm all healed going back down anyway, so don't waste your power or whatever. If you can pierce this hide, you're welcome to whatever comes out." She gives a single laugh as she slowly brings her arms back down, looking at the center head. "I probably won't feel it anyway."
Deske wrote:Gregg gave Mist a hard stare for a few seconds. "... Uh huh." He stares for a few more seconds before somewhat cautiously continuing the conversation, "I mean you gotta vet people before you just drop bombs on them like that. Ease into it, figure out what their opinions are on such topics."
A small nod, gaze still averted. "Right. I just... my little spells act up a lot. So if I start petitioning classmates about their thoughts on Kaiju during lunch and suddenly the peaches have frozen to my hand or the pizza's burst into flames..." Mist sits back against the chair, sweeping his palms down his face as he chuckles humorlessly. "I only eat salads at school now."
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Calming himself down, Mordecai responded, "Other then I'm the mayor of Thunder Bay, so there may have been more to the hunters intentions? Not really, seeing that Wildfire already told you all that happened and I confirm every word he said, Captain."
The police captain considered this information for a moment. He looked between Mordecai, Wildfire, and Ryan. "A mayor, an O-5 officer, and the son of one of the richest, most powerful people in the city... I'd be more surprised if there weren't other motives for the attack. The real question would be which of you three was the hunter after?" He looked over at Wildfire. "You said he fired at Mordecai, but you blocked it. That would lead me to believe that Mordecai was the primary target. Question would be why?" He turned back to Mordecai and continued. "Do you know why someone would send a hunter after you?"
Hlaoroo wrote:"I see. Well, we're going to get you back to your Mommy and Daddy, Danny. Would you like that?" the otter asks, deciding it's best to ask one simple question at a time for now.
The child simply nodded in response, before looking back down at the flower Wildfire made.

------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, yeah," Julian mused, putting a finger to his lower lip, "I did notice that the one time a few years back. The news reported all the danger and threats... as two Kaiju had a 'discussion' about who was better; Cara Deleveigne or Rihanna." He picked up the papers. "Do you want me to fill these in here or out there?" he nodded to the waiting room.
"Here would be fine." Heather laughed. "Yeah, I remember that. I can't understand Kaiju at full size, just physically. Human ears can't hear that low. But Wildfire told me about that."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Uh, no." Lightfoot answers, amused. "We're different species. Hares are larger, have winter coats, live above ground and have never been domesticated. Rabbits the opposite. It's kinda like saying tigers and lions are the same because you're both big cats."
"Hmm." the middle head ponders, looking at the Rakshasi's arms. "I think it might be easier if I take the sample after you Shift back. Besides, the lab only needs a few millilitres of blood for the tests and the smalleset Kaiju-sized syringe I have holds a whole litre. There's no rush though. I haven't got anyone else waiting so take all the time you want to stretch."

~~~~~~~~
Ryan tilts his head slightly and shifts to a more comfortable kneeling position.
"Is something wrong, buddy?" he asks quietly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:50 pm The police captain considered this information for a moment. He looked between Mordecai, Wildfire, and Ryan. "A mayor, an O-5 officer, and the son of one of the richest, most powerful people in the city... I'd be more surprised if there weren't other motives for the attack. The real question would be which of you three was the hunter after?" He looked over at Wildfire. "You said he fired at Mordecai, but you blocked it. That would lead me to believe that Mordecai was the primary target. Question would be why?" He turned back to Mordecai and continued. "Do you know why someone would send a hunter after you?"
Mordecai thought for a bit. Why would someone send a hunter after him, he wondered as he dug through his brain for any reasons. Then, he remembered something from last election, something that he didn't lake seriously at the time. "I think," he began, "I think I may have an idea: Last election, I was going up against a man named Warren Rex, who has a serious hatred for not only us Tikbalang, but kaiju on a whole. When I won, he warned me to be watching my back every day. I knew he had some hunter friends so I have a feeling he may have sent those guys after me, if they were in fact targeting me."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Julian agreed, smiling as he began working on the forms, "I'd imagine that's not going to hold you back forever, eh? I take it 'Q' department's working on translation tech?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah that's probably something you'll have to figure out. If I'm being honest I don't really remember any spontaneous power usage so, sorry to say, I can't really help you there." Gregg shrugged, "I'm sure there's someone around here can help with that though."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Uh, no." Lightfoot answers, amused. "We're different species. Hares are larger, have winter coats, live above ground and have never been domesticated. Rabbits the opposite. It's kinda like saying tigers and lions are the same because you're both big cats."
"Hmm." the middle head ponders, looking at the Rakshasi's arms. "I think it might be easier if I take the sample after you Shift back. Besides, the lab only needs a few millilitres of blood for the tests and the smalleset Kaiju-sized syringe I have holds a whole litre. There's no rush though. I haven't got anyone else waiting so take all the time you want to stretch."
The war-torn beast smiles at the comparison of lions and tigers, finding it as ridiculous as the doctor intends. She then nods with a sigh, commenting "No, I'll shift down. They're waiting on me, and you've gotta have better stuff to do than watch me stretch." There's a pause as she seemingly remembers her manners. "Thanks for the offer though. And, ah, sorry for being snappy. Clearly you know what you're doing." She swiftly pushes herself to her feet, gives a quick bow with hands in Namaste, then the cracking noises begin again as her form shifts.
There's no firework show this time (as her energy pools are empty) making it just a rapid shrinking effect until she's back to her original size. A brief moment passes as she inspects herself with some mild confusion, then realizes what the issue is and grabs her clothes. She's dressed in half a moment, ears flicked back and tail twitching in embarrassment as she looks up at the doctor.
Deske wrote:"Yeah that's probably something you'll have to figure out. If I'm being honest I don't really remember any spontaneous power usage so, sorry to say, I can't really help you there." Gregg shrugged, "I'm sure there's someone around here can help with that though."
A small nod, Mist's gaze returning to Gregg with a small smile. "Aw, you've already offered plenty of help. Joining this is supposed to solve the others. We're going to have partners, and there's other Rakshasa here... seems pretty perfect." The smile grows to a grin. "I'm not as noble, I'm afraid. Imagine joining a warfront for selfish reasons." A laugh follows.
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ryan tilts his head slightly and shifts to a more comfortable kneeling position.
"Is something wrong, buddy?" he asks quietly.
The child was quiet for a second. Then he looked up at Ryan, tears welling up in his eyes. "Is... Is mommy gonna be mad at me?"

- - - - -
SeanWolf wrote:Mordecai thought for a bit. Why would someone send a hunter after him, he wondered as he dug through his brain for any reasons. Then, he remembered something from last election, something that he didn't lake seriously at the time. "I think," he began, "I think I may have an idea: Last election, I was going up against a man named Warren Rex, who has a serious hatred for not only us Tikbalang, but kaiju on a whole. When I won, he warned me to be watching my back every day. I knew he had some hunter friends so I have a feeling he may have sent those guys after me, if they were in fact targeting me."
"Warren Rex?" The captain glanced upwards at Mordecai, a hint of recognition in his tone. "I think I remember that election. We'll look into it. Anyone else?"

"Possibly Councilman McCarthy." Wildfire suggested with a shrug. "He had a meeting with Mordecai earlier. One that didn't go his way. I think we both know his stance on Kaiju."

--------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Julian agreed, smiling as he began working on the forms, "I'd imagine that's not going to hold you back forever, eh? I take it 'Q' department's working on translation tech?"
"Already has." Heather said, nodding. "Really, all the 'translator' needs to do is raise the pitch of the roars to something that's inside of our audible range. That kind of device is standard issue for every non-Kaiju KDF member."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I can see it. Paid healthcare, good vacation time and ample opportunities for growth and progression. Wouldn't surprise me if people enlisted for selfish reasonsm I don't know if they'd be considered too selfish though."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:38 am "Warren Rex?" The captain glanced upwards at Mordecai, a hint of recognition in his tone. "I think I remember that election. We'll look into it. Anyone else?"

"Possibly Councilman McCarthy." Wildfire suggested with a shrug. "He had a meeting with Mordecai earlier. One that didn't go his way. I think we both know his stance on Kaiju."
"Yeah, Warren hates kaiju of all types and I do recall he was under investigation at one point for a possible link to a hunter, though I can't remember at the moment," Mordecai replied, "As for McCarthy, I do recall that when I entered the building for the meeting, he was not thrilled at all to see me. The other hand, some of the council members came up and shook my hand and welcomed me, with one saying he remembered my father. If it was McCarthy? He's probably upset that t I told him, like the ones before me, I would not register at all."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I very much doubt that. Why would she be? Here, blow." Ryan answers, pulling a packet of tissues from a jacket pocket and offering one to the boy.

~~~~~~~~
The doctor is tactfully making a show of rearranging something on the Kaiju-sized desk which conveniently puts his back to the tigress and he doesn't turn around until he judges it safe, his giant ears clearly picking up the sounds of her dressing. Once she's done he also Shifts and leads her back into the human-sized consult room.
"Right then. Which is your favourite arm?" he asks, gloving up and reaching for the tourniquet.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote:"I can see it. Paid healthcare, good vacation time and ample opportunities for growth and progression. Wouldn't surprise me if people enlisted for selfish reasonsm I don't know if they'd be considered too selfish though."
Mist tilts his head, pondering it for a moment. "I guess it's just opportunism, huh? But then if those benefits disappear... say some other country starts sieging Crater City, we have to ration out these things for everyone, shouldn't the soldiers take the hit on unnecessary luxuries? Or would one argue it's all about our morale? But we only have to worry about it if we're not as loyal as we pretend to be... but how far can you push a person?" He seems to fall into a conversation with himself for a moment, his tail twitching from side to side as he switches positions. Finally catching himself he stops and grins at Gregg. "I should probably give you a second to speak."
Hlaoroo wrote: The doctor is tactfully making a show of rearranging something on the Kaiju-sized desk which conveniently puts his back to the tigress and he doesn't turn around until he judges it safe, his giant ears clearly picking up the sounds of her dressing. Once she's done he also Shifts and leads her back into the human-sized consult room.
"Right then. Which is your favourite arm?" he asks, gloving up and reaching for the tourniquet.
Pleased by her 'luck' in his distraction, Tigress grins and holds her right arm straight out with the palm open. "I need the left. Catches people by surprise." A curious look at the tourniquet adds "That thing looks kinda familiar. What's it do?"
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, tech's generally easy to explain," Juian admitted, "but I admit I've never understood how our clothes change size with us." He looked up and wiggled his 'brows' as he signed where needed. "I'm glad they do, of course. That'd be an unpleasant charge to have ha... uh, you know."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Well, tech's generally easy to explain," Juian admitted, "but I admit I've never understood how our clothes change size with us." He looked up and wiggled his 'brows' as he signed where needed. "I'm glad they do, of course. That'd be an unpleasant charge to have ha... uh, you know."
"That only happens with Colossi." Heather explained, taking back the individual papers as Julian finished with them. "Nobody is sure why, but a Colossus shift seems to be different from other Kaiju. It's more like a scale up than a true transformation. Other kinds of Kaiju sort of... switch between two different bodies. A colossus has one body that can change their apparent size. Some spacial distortion ability. The KDF research division is still studying it."

Hlaoroo wrote:"I very much doubt that. Why would she be? Here, blow." Ryan answers, pulling a packet of tissues from a jacket pocket and offering one to the boy.
"I... I wasn' s'posed to talk to strangers... I wasn' s'posed to leave the yard..." The child took one of the tissues and blew his small nose. "I like to climb the tree across the road... I went there and climbed the tree, and got thirsty, and they said they had lemonade in the van, and..." He paused there, and blew his nose again.

SeanWolf wrote:"Yeah, Warren hates kaiju of all types and I do recall he was under investigation at one point for a possible link to a hunter, though I can't remember at the moment," Mordecai replied, "As for McCarthy, I do recall that when I entered the building for the meeting, he was not thrilled at all to see me. The other hand, some of the council members came up and shook my hand and welcomed me, with one saying he remembered my father. If it was McCarthy? He's probably upset that t I told him, like the ones before me, I would not register at all."
The captain sighed. "McCarthy will be a nightmare to investigate... Anyway, thank you. All of you. If you need anything or remember anything else important, give me a call." The officer said, holding out two cards with contact information on them. Wildfire accepted one of them.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:11 pmThe captain sighed. "McCarthy will be a nightmare to investigate... Anyway, thank you. All of you. If you need anything or remember anything else important, give me a call." The officer said, holding out two cards with contact information on them. Wildfire accepted one of them.
Mordecai accepted the other while handing the chief his own card, "Just in case you need to contact me for any reason." Returning to Wildfire, he looks back at the kid and sighs, "I hope the parents won't be too upset at the kid. I seen many a parent reunited with a lost child, only to yell at them for wandering off or, in one case, smacking the poor child. Believe me, the anger I had towards you? That's nothing compared to how angry I can get when I see a parent do something like that...makes me sick."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think I like the idea of being different," Julian said, finishing the forms, "even from other Kaiju. It's kind of how I live my life, eh?" He handed over the last of the required papers.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well..." Ryan says carefully.
"If I'm honest, I can't promise that she won't be a bit upset. You did disobey her, after all, and it put youin danger. The important thing to remember though, is that she loves you more than anything, and she wants you to be safe. That was why she told you those things in the first place. What I can promise you is that she'll be over the moon to have you back. I'll bet she missed you even more than you missed her. And I promise, if you tell her you're sorry, and that you love her, and you give her a big hug then everything will be okay, okay?" he encourages with an earnest smile.

~~~~~~~~
"This is the tourniquet." Lightfoot explains, showing Tigress the strap and its clip.
"I'll put it around your upper arm and pull it tight enough to restrict the blood flow. That makes the veins stand out so I can see them more easily. Then I use an alcohol swab to sterilise the site, insert the needle, remove the tourniquet and the blood flows into the vial. Sound good?" the doctor asks, waiting for the tigress' permission before continuing.
"I'll just ask you to relax your arm back down onto the armest though. With your muscles relaxed, it'll be easier for me to get the needle in, and less painful for you."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I dunno, I can't say I feel like paid for healthcare is an unnecessary luxury. Plus, I'm not entirely sure the citizens should be the ones to benefit from what soldiers would normally benefit from in the case of an attack. Generally, I'd place keeping the fighting force in top condition higher up on the chain of importance than providing these benefits to people who probably wouldn't use them to their fullest extent." He shrugged, "I mean, I can see splitting it between the two, but I wouldn't just let the soldiers take the hit. Not only that, but morale is pretty important in a fight too. A lot of fights have been lost because the soldiers lost the will to fight."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:48 am "This is the tourniquet." Lightfoot explains, showing Tigress the strap and its clip.
"I'll put it around your upper arm and pull it tight enough to restrict the blood flow. That makes the veins stand out so I can see them more easily. Then I use an alcohol swab to sterilise the site, insert the needle, remove the tourniquet and the blood flows into the vial. Sound good?" the doctor asks, waiting for the tigress' permission before continuing.
"I'll just ask you to relax your arm back down onto the armest though. With your muscles relaxed, it'll be easier for me to get the needle in, and less painful for you."
Tigress slowly stops paying attention as the doctor explains, nodding at the end. It's far more complex than she had been expecting. If she needed blood she'd just dig her claws into her hide, but may as well do it his way. She relaxes her arm back down, watching the doctor's movements with a curious interest.
Deske wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:00 pm "I dunno, I can't say I feel like paid for healthcare is an unnecessary luxury. Plus, I'm not entirely sure the citizens should be the ones to benefit from what soldiers would normally benefit from in the case of an attack. Generally, I'd place keeping the fighting force in top condition higher up on the chain of importance than providing these benefits to people who probably wouldn't use them to their fullest extent." He shrugged, "I mean, I can see splitting it between the two, but I wouldn't just let the soldiers take the hit. Not only that, but morale is pretty important in a fight too. A lot of fights have been lost because the soldiers lost the will to fight."
Mist listens actively, watching Gregg as he speaks. He pauses to consider an argument once it ends, then shakes his head. "I don't really have much to add... sorry. All my fight experience is just Mom's stories, and there are no civilians in the Yaksas clan." He shrugs lightly, looking back at the doctor's office with his hands together in his lap. "Though from them it always seemed that the ones with their lives on the line had the worst lot back home, too. I suppose that saves morale, in a way. The soldiers don't take a hit to luxuries if they just didn't have them to begin with."
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:10 pm "I think I like the idea of being different," Julian said, finishing the forms, "even from other Kaiju. It's kind of how I live my life, eh?" He handed over the last of the required papers.
Heather accepted the papers with a shrug. "I don't know if you live your life differently or not outside of being a pacifist. But being different is something I quite understand." Heather picked up the papers and, as if to emphasize her point, stood up to her full nearly 7 foot tall height. "We should get back. Still have one more person to interview." She said. Heather walked around the table, opened the door, and gestured for Julian to go on ahead.

-------------------------------

Meanwhile, Traci had just finished her shift and passed the baton over to one of her coworkers as she left. She put some music on her phone and put the buds in her ears and started her jog home. She shook her tail a little and danced some to the song as she jogged, occasionally skipping and humming to the music. She didn't know whether or not that cute tod from before, Julian, would give her a call, but the thought he might soon definitely lifted her spirits.

-------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Mordecai accepted the other while handing the chief his own card, "Just in case you need to contact me for any reason." Returning to Wildfire, he looks back at the kid and sighs, "I hope the parents won't be too upset at the kid. I seen many a parent reunited with a lost child, only to yell at them for wandering off or, in one case, smacking the poor child. Believe me, the anger I had towards you? That's nothing compared to how angry I can get when I see a parent do something like that...makes me sick."
"You're not alone in that." Wildfire nodded while the captain accepted the card with thanks and went back to investigating the scene. "My blood boils just thinking of parents like that. Literally. Luckily it's rare for a KDF investigation to bring me in contact with an abusive family, or I might catch their house on fire just by pure accident."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Well..." Ryan says carefully.
"If I'm honest, I can't promise that she won't be a bit upset. You did disobey her, after all, and it put you in danger. The important thing to remember though, is that she loves you more than anything, and she wants you to be safe. That was why she told you those things in the first place. What I can promise you is that she'll be over the moon to have you back. I'll bet she missed you even more than you missed her. And I promise, if you tell her you're sorry, and that you love her, and you give her a big hug then everything will be okay, okay?" he encourages with an earnest smile.
The child sniffed and nodded at Ryan. Then, suddenly, his eyes focused past the otter and lit up.

"DANNY!" A woman's voice called from the police line. The officers verified her identity and escorted her past.

"MOMMY!" Danny jumped to his feet and ran for his mother. They met in the middle, and she scooped him up into her arms, hugging him tightly and kissing his forehead.

"Danny! I was so worried! Are you alright?!" the mother asked, sobbing with joy.

"Mommy! I'm sorry! I didn't mean..." He started, but was interrupted by the tightest hug yet.

"Oh, sweetie! I'm just glad you're safe!"

Wildfire looked upon the reunion with a smile. "Should we go then? It seems our work here is done." he asked of Ryan and Mordecai.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:28 pm The child sniffed and nodded at Ryan. Then, suddenly, his eyes focused past the otter and lit up.

"DANNY!" A woman's voice called from the police line. The officers verified her identity and escorted her past.

"MOMMY!" Danny jumped to his feet and ran for his mother. They met in the middle, and she scooped him up into her arms, hugging him tightly and kissing his forehead.

"Danny! I was so worried! Are you alright?!" the mother asked, sobbing with joy.

"Mommy! I'm sorry! I didn't mean..." He started, but was interrupted by the tightest hug yet.

"Oh, sweetie! I'm just glad you're safe!"

Wildfire looked upon the reunion with a smile. "Should we go then? It seems our work here is done." he asked of Ryan and Mordecai.
Mordecai watched the happy reunion for a bit, "Sounds like a good idea," he then smiled then turned his attention to Ryan, "You said earlier you wouldn't mind allowing me the usage of your guest room. Is the offer still on the table?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course," Julian said, following to the door. "and thank you for your patience." He headed out, back towards the others.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure. You wanna come back to my place for a drink, Wildfire?" the otter invites, after briefly checking to make sure the cops have cleared them to leave.

~~~~
"All right then." Lightfoot says, swabbing the crook of Tigress' arm and uncapping the needle.
"Small sting, just stay relaxed for me... Thaaaat's it." he smiles, filling his vials.
"All done. Well done." he finishes, automatically healing the small wound.
"You did well. Would you like a lollipop?" he asks with a grin, snapping his gloves into the bin and washing his paws.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"You're probably right on that account. Can't lose something you didn't have in the first place." Gregg looks towards the door as Julian walks back in. "Welcome back, how'd the interview go?" he asks the fox.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, it seemed to go fine," Julian breezed, keeping his hands in his pockets, just in case he needed to keep his pants up. "Probably means I'm doomed. What's the chat out here," he asked, "so I can tag in?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:50 am "You did well. Would you like a lollipop?" he asks with a grin, snapping his gloves into the bin and washing his paws.
Tigress sits peaceably, examining her right claws as the doctor draws her blood. She gives no reaction to being swabbed or further actions, only looking up at him as he offers her the confectionary. Merely looking unamused by the offer she stands, tapping the tourniquet. "No. Are you taking this or should I throw it out?"
Deske wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:15 am "Welcome back, how'd the interview go?" he asks the fox.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:34 am "Oh, it seemed to go fine," Julian breezed, keeping his hands in his pockets, just in case he needed to keep his pants up. "Probably means I'm doomed. What's the chat out here," he asked, "so I can tag in?"
Mist laughs lightly at the joke, replying "I'm sure you did great. I'd bet your self-control is a big selling point." He nods agreement with himself and continues "Gregg's humoring me as I pretend I know things about wartime and needs. Might be worth a topic change." Suddenly realizing what Julian's arrival means, the teen looks to Gregg and adds "Oh! And good luck with your interview M- Gregg. I'm sure she'll love you." He stops, trying to hide an automatic cringe with an awkward laugh as he corrects "I'm sure you're a prime candidate."
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmmm," Julian mused, "Change of topic, change of topic... Ah," he added, putting a finger in the air. "Do you have a favourite Ice Cream? I'm a 'Raspberry Pavlova dessert' Ice cream fan."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon May 04, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie