Non-HPU: Jade Star Academy

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Jade Star Academy

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:31 am Bekkail who has been describing the classrooms and floors as they had gone up as the other teacher had previously, minus his dark humor, nodded at the comment regarding the structure's age. "Yes, the tower itself was a fortification from before the first imperil age. though almost none of the original stones remain due to repairs and maintenance over the centuries."

When David spoke up, she would pause at the question a moment before explaining "Typicaly theory and defensive arts are taught first, and those two classes never really finish the others just get added on later. Spells have a tendency to explode if miscast, so knowing how to protect yourself and how to avoid that in the first place are priorities."
"I guess that makes sense..." David thought aloud. "Um... What sorts of classes might there be for someone who can... well... Change into something else? Are there any classes for when you can turn yourself into your element?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Are we allowed to take classes in addition to those two or will we need to pass the basics first before being allowed a larger selection?" Thomas asked once David had finished. "I was hoping to continue my alchemical studies..."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Buster wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:06 am The main atrium chamber houses the seven altars and statues you've already seen.

behind the statues sit the same two curved stairwells same landings for the four different floors of library that surround the shrine, and the same radially divided floors. From this angle you can see that the landings have seating to sit and read, but that's about for things you couldn't have seen from below last time.
As Vi continues to gush about the library, her voice getting more and more distant, Fen slowly walks up the stairs and over to the landing, quietly taking a seat in one of the chairs with a satisfied sigh.

After skimming through the library's collection, the etherial floats over to the professor. "So... we can check any of these books out? Whenever we want?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gael wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:26 pm Snow follows the rest of the class silently listening as the professor talks about how the school operates, though he’s mostly preoccupied with how the partner selection ceremony works
Scien seems to be staying close to snow, trying to keep him company. sadly the subject never seems to drift to that event.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:07 amHope followed the rest of the class in awe of the ancient architecture that surrounds them. "Never seen such work as this before...these must be really ancient." Hope as she walked along with the others.
As they continue, she seems to alternate between answering questions and talking about the school's history. from a humble start as a lighthouse in a trade port, To a defensive keep to protect said port, to becoming the royal palace of the old kingdom before unification, and housing the imperial throne for the first three ages of the empire, The age of unification, the age of brothers, and the shattered age.

How great battles had been won or lost in this province, and lament at the capitol moving elsewhere after the end of the shattered age before the start of the fourth. and while she seems quite passionate about the subject, much of her chatter is forgettable, and all of it smarts of an unreliable narrator romanticizing past tragedies into legends. as if the cyclical rise and fall of civilization were some grand adventure.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:55 pm"I guess that makes sense..." David thought aloud. "Um... What sorts of classes might there be for someone who can... well... Change into something else? Are there any classes for when you can turn yourself into your element?"
"That's... that's a very advanced technique." She points out, sounding worried. "while a few of the others would certifiably approve of the ambition, it may be a little early to be talking about that."
Deske wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:22 am"Are we allowed to take classes in addition to those two or will we need to pass the basics first before being allowed a larger selection?" Thomas asked once David had finished. "I was hoping to continue my alchemical studies..."
"Some of the instructors won't allow you in unless you've completed certain classes first, but other than that, it's more a question of which ones will take you and how many you can handle taking."
Roarin wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:30 amAs Vi continues to gush about the library, her voice getting more and more distant, Fen slowly walks up the stairs and over to the landing, quietly taking a seat in one of the chairs with a satisfied sigh.

After skimming through the library's collection, the etherial floats over to the professor. "So... we can check any of these books out? Whenever we want?"
((Think less, modern public library branch, more 'library of Alexandria'. libraries lending their texts out is very much a post-renasance, or more precisely, post printing-press, idea. as they could be replaced if damaged by that point.))
"You've been talking with some of the more eccentric outsiders haven't you?" Soqhu comments with an exasperated sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose and shaking his head slightly. "Contrary to the increasingly common and frustrating belif, we've yet to figure out what they mean by that 'printing' nonsense they like to go on about, so no. we can't just 'lend out' irreplacable rare texts." he sounds like this isn't the first time he's had to correct such a notion recently. grumbling under his breath about someone 'being able to explain things without using made-up words would be nice'.

Deske wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:59 am Thomas lifted an eyebrow as he held out his handpaws and counted on his fingers, "Uhh... 19th century? I think it was October of 1825 when I disappeared, so yeah, 19th century." Thomas's ear twitched towards Dusk at his question and his head soon followed, "Ah, no. I got transported here through a portal that I may or may not have accidentally created. Why do you ask?" He said with a small tilt of his head.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:07 am"Was just wondering for Hope's sake. You looked a lot like the locals whenever we stopped in at the docks. I thought maybe you could tell us about the area." The shadow ethereal spoke to Thomas, for he had hoped Thomas knew the area a bit more than he had. Actually since Dusk had been about the town at least once today, but he still didn't have an intimate knowledge of the area.
"Uh, nearest pack is a week from here smoky dude." One of the other potential students, who somewhat resembles a Cerberus, points out. "This is mostly Laurae country."

----

It's a good few hours more of being shown around before the groups have seen everything, and been introduced to the various instructors, and a few of the masters here training apprentices from the upper years.

as the time flies by, eventually all of the students are lead back to the assembly hall. while they've been gone it has been rearranged somewhat, the seating moved away and only standing room available, which the instructors do their best to keep everyone to the edges. The rasping of a staff on the marbled stone floor silencing the room for a good minute, before a figure standing at the center says "Good, lets begin." His voice a deep rumble that speaks of a once powerful presence.

The old black dragon who had been introduced as the headmaster standing at the center. raising an ancient looking but oddly familiar tome from his hip and beginning to read aloud from it. at first it seems like a speech, yet it's not in imperial common, or any of the provincial tongues. The ethereals among the crowd would instinctively recognize and understand it though. Grand but oddly purposeful feeling gestures, some merely needing hand motions others his whole form punctuate the speech, their function becoming apparent as glowing lines spread out on the floor beneath him, connecting points of light into several rings.

The rings giving way to a vibrantly colored star field that engulfs both the floor and domed ceiling of the room. barely visible immaterial forms flitting out of one to stare at the gathered students before darting back down, or up, or across.seemingly more spectral outlines of shapes than true shapes.

"So, for those of you who have never touched the ethereal plane, consider this your first real test. I know many of you have prepared for this for some time, after catching one of our watchers' eyes, but try to remain composed." he says that last part with a chuckle, pointedly looking at a few students who seem to be staring in wonder, or trying to wander forward already.

As they start calling names, and students step forward the reason he called it a test becomes clear though. many would be students either cant seem to get the attention of the wispy forms, or cant strike a desirable deal. only one out of the first thirty manages to coax one of them into fully entering the physical plane and taking his hand.

"Thomas Watson." is the next name called.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gael

Post by Gael »

Buster wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:18 am Scien seems to be staying close to snow, trying to keep him company. sadly the subject never seems to drift to that event.
Nonetheless it seems like Snow appreciates the company even if he doesn’t say anything
Buster wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:18 am It's a good few hours more of being shown around before the groups have seen everything, and been introduced to the various instructors, and a few of the masters here training apprentices from the upper years.

as the time flies by, eventually all of the students are lead back to the assembly hall. while they've been gone it has been rearranged somewhat, the seating moved away and only standing room available, which the instructors do their best to keep everyone to the edges. The rasping of a staff on the marbled stone floor silencing the room for a good minute, before a figure standing at the center says "Good, lets begin." His voice a deep rumble that speaks of a once powerful presence.

The old black dragon who had been introduced as the headmaster standing at the center. raising an ancient looking but oddly familiar tome from his hip and beginning to read aloud from it. at first it seems like a speech, yet it's not in imperial common, or any of the provincial tongues. The ethereals among the crowd would instinctively recognize and understand it though. Grand but oddly purposeful feeling gestures, some merely needing hand motions others his whole form punctuate the speech, their function becoming apparent as glowing lines spread out on the floor beneath him, connecting points of light into several rings.

The rings giving way to a vibrantly colored star field that engulfs both the floor and domed ceiling of the room. barely visible immaterial forms flitting out of one to stare at the gathered students before darting back down, or up, or across.seemingly more spectral outlines of shapes than true shapes.

"So, for those of you who have never touched the ethereal plane, consider this your first real test. I know many of you have prepared for this for some time, after catching one of our watchers' eyes, but try to remain composed." he says that last part with a chuckle, pointedly looking at a few students who seem to be staring in wonder, or trying to wander forward already.

As they start calling names, and students step forward the reason he called it a test becomes clear though. many would be students either cant seem to get the attention of the wispy forms, or cant strike a desirable deal. only one out of the first thirty manages to coax one of them into fully entering the physical plane and taking his hand.

"Thomas Watson." is the next name called.
”so this is how it’s done” Snow comments as he watches the other students, he wonders how this test would work for him. Will one of the others need to try to convince him or will it be the other way around
Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas hurriedly put away his notebook, now full of sketches of the ethereal plane and the students who had interacted with it prior. "Alright," he said to himself as he stepped up to the writing zone that was the ethereal plane. He carefully reached a handpaw in, testing the waters, before he took a nervous step in. "Uh, hello," he said, giving a tentative wave. "I guess I'm supposed to convince you that I'm worth the effort to pass over to the material plane?" He looked around for a moment, gathering his thoughts, "Not really sure what to say now that I'm here though. Uh... I dunno, maybe the allure of someone who's not from this world is something you're interested in." He took a breath through his nose to steady himself, "Dunno about everyone else, but I can at least promise that I'll give you things to do so you aren't constantly bored. Believe me, I know how awful that is. I've had to sit and do nothing for extensive periods of time and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But, y'know, in the end it's definitely up to you all."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gael wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:08 pm”so this is how it’s done” Snow comments as he watches the other students, he wonders how this test would work for him. Will one of the others need to try to convince him or will it be the other way around
"Worried?" Scien asks, watching snow's gaze.
- - - - -
Deske wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:28 amThomas hurriedly put away his notebook, now full of sketches of the ethereal plane and the students who had interacted with it prior. "Alright," he said to himself as he stepped up to the writing zone that was the ethereal plane. He carefully reached a handpaw in, testing the waters, before he took a nervous step in. "Uh, hello," he said, giving a tentative wave.
Swirling eyes in the dark turn toards Thomas, watching, questioning.
Deske wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:28 am"I guess I'm supposed to convince you that I'm worth the effort to pass over to the material plane?"
"this one's different."

"doesn't demand, doesnt expext, doesnt plead... merely asks"

"strange creature"
voices whisper faintly enough that only he can hear, as a dozen forms flit about him, diving in and out of sight. some coming closer, some loosing interest and fading away, others remaining as they were.
Deske wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:28 am He looked around for a moment, gathering his thoughts, "Not really sure what to say now that I'm here though. Uh... I dunno, maybe the allure of someone who's not from this world is something you're interested in." He took a breath through his nose to steady himself, "Dunno about everyone else, but I can at least promise that I'll give you things to do so you aren't constantly bored. Believe me, I know how awful that is. I've had to sit and do nothing for extensive periods of time and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But, y'know, in the end it's definitely up to you all."
there's a chilled sensation of something not quite solid touching his back, and a greenish but still indistinct form peers at him from over his shoulder. meeting his eyes and watching him a tense moment before resolving into the head of a snake. A python by the looks of it, head alost as big as your hand. the dolor, and oddly the texture of moss, and scale patterns like flower petals down it's back. as if it cant make up its mind whether its a plant or an animal.
"You have my curiosity... but what do you ask in return I wonder?" she asks, voice calm, low, composed. speaking of someone used to being in control.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

His ears perk up as he feels the cold chill run down his back, more from surprise than anything else. He stares back at the form before as it decides to solidify in front of him. "I'm glad I have your curiosity. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much," Thomas says with a smile. "Aside from the obvious, a translator would be nice. I can't read the language yet and any intrinsic knowledge you might have about the plants of the world."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:18 am "That's... that's a very advanced technique." She points out, sounding worried. "while a few of the others would certifiably approve of the ambition, it may be a little early to be talking about that."
While Thomas was trying to make a deal with the etherial and David was looking somewhere between a student going into a test they hadn't studied for and a prisoner being walked to the gallows, Kass snaked her way through the crowd to find the teachers. Once she reached them, she went up close to Bekkail and Karsos and addressed them.

"Um... Excuse me..." Kassalya said, shyly raising a hand for their attention. "May I speak with both of you? I was hoping to speak with you two about David's... unique condition, and how it might affect his education at the academy?" She looked at Bekkail, speaking to her to clarify. "It's not his diet. Professor Karsos knows about it. It's regarding his... more magical condition. Is there somewhere we could talk where we won't be overheard?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"There are servants passages around the edges of the hall from when this was still the palace." Bekkail Explains, though Karsos just facepalms realizing what she's referring to. taking a moment to lean over and whisper to his cousin to havie david moved down the list while they work this out. The serpent leading the two of them out a short side path.

- - - - -

"A simple task. it would be my pleasure." The serpent's eyes meet his once more, as she speaks, words coming smoothly as a purr, and there's a feeling like a jolt of energy through Thomas. the snake resting her coiled form across his shoulders and back feeling far more tangible. "It's funny, i thought the Lunae tovos were extinct... to think their kin existed in another world..."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:18 pm "There are servants passages around the edges of the hall from when this was still the palace." Bekkail Explains, though Karsos just facepalms realizing what she's referring to. taking a moment to lean over and whisper to his cousin to havie david moved down the list while they work this out. The serpent leading the two of them out a short side path.
Once they were out of earshot of the other students, Kassalya started to speak more normally. "Right... So, earlier David asked you, Professor Bekkail, about classes regarding controlling elemental forms. While it did sound like he was just being ambitious, the truth is... He can already take an elemental form. Specifically the Duel elements of Lightning and Fire. Part of the trouble is he does this completely on instinct. As he says, it's like flexing a very flashy muscle for him. As such, he has no actual knowledge of how to control that form. Professor Karsos has seen this. When he shifts, he discharges magical bolts of those duel elements in a seemingly random fashion, though I've noticed they can be... aimed. Sort of..."

Kass shifted and pulled out her notebook with the sketches she took of David's plasma golem form and handed them to Bekkail. "In addition, it appears this shift can occur spontaneously if David gets too much of a magical charge. This is obviously a problem we need to solve. Karsos has suggested giving him low power siphon bands to keep him from overcharging, but the optimal solution would be to teach him how to control his magic in this form. Would placing him in a shifter class help him learn control? Or do you think he requires more specialized training?"

Kass sighed and rubbed her head. "Sorry. I'm just... worried for him, you know? I could tell he's struggling to adapt to everything. Any help he can get will be welcome."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas's tail began to slowly pick up the pace of its wagging. "Th-that's great," he said as he felt the jolt, which he assumed to be the sealing of the bond. "That's fantastic!" He paused, his body movements abruptly stopping. "Wait, Lunae Tovos? I've heard, and seen, that I bear a resemblance to Lunae, but the second name. Tovos. What subspecies is that?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"It's derived from an old word, for 'many forms', or 'changeling'."

- - - - - -
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:57 pmOnce they were out of earshot of the other students, Kassalya started to speak more normally. "Right... So, earlier David asked you, Professor Bekkail, about classes regarding controlling elemental forms. While it did sound like he was just being ambitious, the truth is... He can already take an elemental form. Specifically the Duel elements of Lightning and Fire. Part of the trouble is he does this completely on instinct. As he says, it's like flexing a very flashy muscle for him. As such, he has no actual knowledge of how to control that form. Professor Karsos has seen this. When he shifts, he discharges magical bolts of those duel elements in a seemingly random fashion, though I've noticed they can be... aimed. Sort of..."

Kass shifted and pulled out her notebook with the sketches she took of David's plasma golem form and handed them to Bekkail. "In addition, it appears this shift can occur spontaneously if David gets too much of a magical charge. This is obviously a problem we need to solve. Karsos has suggested giving him low power siphon bands to keep him from overcharging, but the optimal solution would be to teach him how to control his magic in this form. Would placing him in a shifter class help him learn control? Or do you think he requires more specialized training?"

Kass sighed and rubbed her head. "Sorry. I'm just... worried for him, you know? I could tell he's struggling to adapt to everything. Any help he can get will be welcome."
Bekkail seems to think on that a moment, before shrugging. "The spells to enable such a transformation might help with controlling when he enters or leaves such a form, but the whole reason that training is only given to advanced students is the level of contol needed to use those forms isn't something you'd expect an earlier year student to have yet. The skills youre hoping he'd learn in that class, are the prerequisets for getting into it."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:03 am Bekkail seems to think on that a moment, before shrugging. "The spells to enable such a transformation might help with controlling when he enters or leaves such a form, but the whole reason that training is only given to advanced students is the level of control needed to use those forms isn't something you'd expect an earlier year student to have yet. The skills you're hoping he'd learn in that class, are the prerequisites for getting into it."
"I understand." Kass said with a nod. "Though I must say... David is not exactly following patterns one would expect from anybody... I have a feeling he's in for a difficult time in the future." The snake girl scratched the back of her head and cringed, then sighed. "I will continue to observe him and study how his abilities work. Is there any possible way to expedite his education in the skills he needs? Perhaps someone would be willing to give him private sessions? I only ask for his safety and the safety of the other students here. Professor Karsos, you saw what his transformation does. You understand how pressing a concern his learning control is, right?"

----------------------

David looked around and noticed that Kass was no longer next to him. Without her familiar face nearby to reassure him, he started to shrink back. He tried to make himself as invisible as he could among the crowd as he scanned the area for people he might recognize. Finally, he did find someone. It was Hope and Dusk, two of the people he met before. He inched closer to the two until he was standing next to them. He didn't say anything though. He just wanted to have some familiarity around him...
-Champion Motto

GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

"Davviiddd...hey! Crazy meeting you here." Dusk said as he looked up at David standing right next to him in the crowd.

"David, hey...is everything alright?" Hope asked as she placed her arm on his, her tail sticking close to her body. She herself didn't much like crowds, but for an entirely different reason.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Gael

Post by Gael »

Buster wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:26 am "Worried?" Scien asks, watching snow's gaze.
He chuckles “Was it that obvious?” he watches the ritual
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:49 pm "Davviiddd...hey! Crazy meeting you here." Dusk said as he looked up at David standing right next to him in the crowd.

"David, hey...is everything alright?" Hope asked as she placed her arm on his, her tail sticking close to her body. She herself didn't much like crowds, but for an entirely different reason.
"Yeah..." David muttered. "I just don't know where Kass went... And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about this whole thing..."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:53 pm"I understand." Kass said with a nod. "Though I must say... David is not exactly following patterns one would expect from anybody... I have a feeling he's in for a difficult time in the future." The snake girl scratched the back of her head and cringed, then sighed.
"You wouldn't be the only one." Karsos mentions, bekkail nodding along.
CyberDragon wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:53 pm"I will continue to observe him and study how his abilities work. Is there any possible way to expedite his education in the skills he needs? Perhaps someone would be willing to give him private sessions? I only ask for his safety and the safety of the other students here. Professor Karsos, you saw what his transformation does. You understand how pressing a concern his learning control is, right?"
"I saw, and yeah, what he needs most is dicipline and basic control, but thats something that comes from practice and training. Rushing that could cause other problems or be overwhelming."

- - - - -

With it apparent that he's found a partner, the teachers try to usher Thomas back to the edges of the ring so they can select the next student to come forward.

- - - - -
Gael wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:44 pm
Buster wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:26 am "Worried?" Scien asks, watching snow's gaze.
He chuckles “Was it that obvious?” he watches the ritual
"Maybe a little?" she says, kneeling and resting a hand on... or kinda through, since you dont have a tangible 'anchor' in this plane yet, Snow's shoulder. "What's bothering you?"
Last edited by Buster on Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Suppose that's my cue," Thomas says, glancing towards the teachers motioning for him to return. He heads back out to the outer circle of students to watch the rest of the proceedings.
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

CyberDragon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:37 pm
"Yeah..." David muttered. "I just don't know where Kass went... And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about this whole thing..."
"This school, this ritual, you being away from Kass, or just not knowing where Kass is? Maybe all of the above?" Dusk asked as he looked up at David with a bit of a wag to his shadowy tail.

"If it makes you feel any better David, you aren't the only one who is nervous. I'm nervous about all this, too." Hope said as she looked forward to see Thomas get his spirit.

"I guess this is how one formally gets their spirit?" Hope says in a more questioning tone.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:00 am "I saw, and yeah, what he needs most is dicipline and basic control, but thats something that comes from practice and training. Rushing that could cause other problems or be overwhelming."
Kassalya sighed. "Yeah... Yeah, you're right. I suppose the best option for him is to simply proceed with his courses as normal, and get him a siphon... Still, I wish there was more we could do to make things easier for him."

---------------------------
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:54 am "This school, this ritual, you being away from Kass, or just not knowing where Kass is? Maybe all of the above?" Dusk asked as he looked up at David with a bit of a wag to his shadowy tail.
"Uh... All of it except the school itself... This place seems good, all things considered..." David replied.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:54 am "If it makes you feel any better David, you aren't the only one who is nervous. I'm nervous about all this, too." Hope said as she looked forward to see Thomas get his spirit.

"I guess this is how one formally gets their spirit?" Hope says in a more questioning tone.
"Why are you nervous about this?" David asked, tilting his head in confusion. "You've already got a partner... You might not even have to take this... test... ritual... thing. I will though, and looking around... I feel very underprepared."
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Heeeey. Check. It. Ouuut." Vi nudged Fen'rus in the side with a cloudy elbow, trying to draw his attention towards something he was already paying very much attention to.

"He's doing the thing."

"The thing?"

"Yeah, y'know. The thing. Where he tries to bond with an eth-. Nevermind, scratch that, where he successful binds with an etherial." The cloud of metal flakes swooped up to watch Thomas walk back into the crowd with a new snake on his shoulder. "Hmph... was expecting more song and dance... guess we find those other worlders pretty interesting..." She floated back down beside the large wolf, who's attention was now on the next student.

Ref Ref!
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:02 pm "Uh... All of it except the school itself... This place seems good, all things considered..." David replied.
Dusk payed attention, if only his attention to be drawn to a certain voice that he heard among the crowd. "Vi?" He moved out among the crowd.
CyberDragon wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:02 pm "Why are you nervous about this?" David asked, tilting his head in confusion. "You've already got a partner... You might not even have to take this... test... ritual... thing. I will though, and looking around... I feel very underprepared."
"In general, David. Far away from home."She said as she placed a hand on his shoulder as she looked forward.

"I know I won't need to worry about this ritual. But this is far from the only trial here. Not knowing what challenges will come ahead...I feel just as unprepared." She tried giving a soft smile as she looked over towards David.

"I'm sure you'll do fine. Thomas got his spirit, and I believe in you. Try and follow your heart perhaps? What spirit feels natural to you and I don't think you'll choose wrong." Hope spoke in a calm manner, trying to lift David's own hopes up as well.
Roarin wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:18 pm "Heeeey. Check. It. Ouuut." Vi nudged Fen'rus in the side with a cloudy elbow, trying to draw his attention towards something he was already paying very much attention to.

"He's doing the thing."

"The thing?"

"Yeah, y'know. The thing. Where he tries to bond with an eth-. Nevermind, scratch that, where he successful binds with an etherial." The cloud of metal flakes swooped up to watch Thomas walk back into the crowd with a new snake on his shoulder. "Hmph... was expecting more song and dance... guess we find those other worlders pretty interesting..." She floated back down beside the large wolf, who's attention was now on the next student.
"Vi?! Hey Vi is that you, oh hey!" The shadow spirit said as he looked up to both Fen'rus and Vi at the moment.

"Fen'rus, Vi did you see Thomas get that spirit? Wonder what element it is? Dusk asked the two of them.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deske wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:39 am "Suppose that's my cue," Thomas says, glancing towards the teachers motioning for him to return. He heads back out to the outer circle of students to watch the rest of the proceedings.
Roarin wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:18 pm "Heeeey. Check. It. Ouuut." Vi nudged Fen'rus in the side with a cloudy elbow, trying to draw his attention towards something he was already paying very much attention to.

"He's doing the thing."

"The thing?"

once thomas is out of the circle, the teachers resume calling other students in, after a while, a patern starts to emerge, the ones that offer new ideas or new experiences seem to have the best luck. that said, a few definitely do have to resort to the 'more song and dance' vi had been hoping for. the bull who had been teasing David earlier resorting to reciting poetry to win his over, being one such example.

Meanwhile thomas's new partner takes to resting her head on his shoulder.
CyberDragon wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:02 pmKassalya sighed. "Yeah... Yeah, you're right. I suppose the best option for him is to simply proceed with his courses as normal, and get him a siphon... Still, I wish there was more we could do to make things easier for him."
Karsos gets a teasing grin, as he says, "Don't worry, i'm sure your son will do fine." keeping a completely straight face.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:37 pm Karsos gets a teasing grin, as he says, "Don't worry, i'm sure your son will do fine." keeping a completely straight face.
That seemed to shut Kass up. She blinked once or twice as what Karsos said and what he meant started to sink into the turning gears in her head. She opened her mouth to speak, closed it, then finally spoke. "Uh... Right then... I should... get back to him then. Don't want to miss David's ceremony. Thank you for your time, professors." With that, and looking a little awkward, Kass slid back out into the main hall and started looking for David. She figured it wouldn't take too long.

-----------
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:45 pm "In general, David. Far away from home."She said as she placed a hand on his shoulder as she looked forward.

"I know I won't need to worry about this ritual. But this is far from the only trial here. Not knowing what challenges will come ahead...I feel just as unprepared." She tried giving a soft smile as she looked over towards David.

"I'm sure you'll do fine. Thomas got his spirit, and I believe in you. Try and follow your heart perhaps? What spirit feels natural to you and I don't think you'll choose wrong." Hope spoke in a calm manner, trying to lift David's own hopes up as well.
"Thanks, Hope." David said, trying to stay calm as more and more people either got their partner or failed the test. He was getting increasingly nervous, however, as they were reaching the end of the crowd of students, and there was less of a buffer before he would inevitably have to step forward...
Buster wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:37 pm once thomas is out of the circle, the teachers resume calling other students in, after a while, a patern starts to emerge, the ones that offer new ideas or new experiences seem to have the best luck. that said, a few definitely do have to resort to the 'more song and dance' vi had been hoping for. the bull who had been teasing David earlier resorting to reciting poetry to win his over, being one such example.

Meanwhile thomas's new partner takes to resting her head on his shoulder.
Seeing the literal bull-y struggle and have to recite poetry to get his partner may have at one point been funny to David, but not when he knew he would have to take the same test very soon. The human fidgeted in place when he saw Kass slithering toward him.

"Hey, David!" Kass said. "Hello, Hope."

"Hey, Kass. Where'd you go?" David asked.

"I was just talking to some of the professors-"
"Do I need to even guess the subject?"
"Probably not."
-Champion Motto

Gael

Post by Gael »

Buster wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:00 am "Maybe a little?" she says, kneeling and resting a hand on... or kinda through, since you dont have a tangible 'anchor' in this plane yet, Snow's shoulder. "What's bothering you?"
”Just wondering how this whole selection process is gonna work when it comes to ethereals looking for human partners, it’s hard not knowing what to expect” he rubs his head sheepishly
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I'm sure you'll be alright, David," Thomas said quietly, having positioned himself within earshot of the human. He'd removed his notebook and pencil from his pocket and had begun to continue the sketch of the snake now adorning his shoulders that he'd began while in the aether. "They seem friendly, curious, but friendly."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:45 pm "Vi?! Hey Vi is that you, oh hey!" The shadow spirit said as he looked up to both Fen'rus and Vi at the moment.

"Fen'rus, Vi did you see Thomas get that spirit? Wonder what element it is? Dusk asked the two of them.
"Hey! Yeah! Wasn't it cool!? As for the element, I don't really know... guess we'll just have to ask."

As Vi and Dusk talked Fen'rus padded over to David and Thomas, waving on approach. "So, looks like the gang's all back together." He smiled, nodding towards Thomas. "Congratulations on finding an ethereal! I hope you two end up doing great things together!" Looking at the snake upon Thomas's head, the large wolf gave the ethereal a polite bow. "It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. My name is Fen'rus Alabaster. And this is..." Fen turned to his left to find thin air.

"Well, my partner Vi is around here somewhere... I'm sure you'll meet her eventually."

Ref Ref!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:46 amThat seemed to shut Kass up. She blinked once or twice as what Karsos said and what he meant started to sink into the turning gears in her head. She opened her mouth to speak, closed it, then finally spoke. "Uh... Right then... I should... get back to him then. Don't want to miss David's ceremony. Thank you for your time, professors." With that, and looking a little awkward, Kass slid back out into the main hall and started looking for David. She figured it wouldn't take too long.
Karsos, snickers a bit as he watches her go back, but doesn't say anything else.

-----------
Roarin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:36 am As Vi and Dusk talked Fen'rus padded over to David and Thomas, waving on approach. "So, looks like the gang's all back together." He smiled, nodding towards Thomas. "Congratulations on finding an ethereal! I hope you two end up doing great things together!" Looking at the snake upon Thomas's head, the large wolf gave the ethereal a polite bow. "It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. My name is Fen'rus Alabaster. And this is..." Fen turned to his left to find thin air.

"Well, my partner Vi is around here somewhere... I'm sure you'll meet her eventually."
"I... would answer in kind, but i don't have a name. I've never needed one before now."
the plantlike serpent admits, when fen walks over.

-----------
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:46 amSeeing the literal bull-y struggle and have to recite poetry to get his partner may have at one point been funny to David, but not when he knew he would have to take the same test very soon. The human fidgeted in place when he saw Kass slithering toward him.

"Hey, David!" Kass said. "Hello, Hope."

"Hey, Kass. Where'd you go?" David asked.

"I was just talking to some of the professors-"
"Do I need to even guess the subject?"
"Probably not."
Deske wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:36 pm "I'm sure you'll be alright, David," Thomas said quietly, having positioned himself within earshot of the human. He'd removed his notebook and pencil from his pocket and had begun to continue the sketch of the snake now adorning his shoulders that he'd began while in the aether. "They seem friendly, curious, but friendly."
Slithering off of Thomas shoulders, the serpent coils near thomas' leg and seems to shift into a more humanoid form, though still serpentine and about the same size as the rest of the etherials. Looking over at David she tilts her head, confused. "Would he even need one of us to help him? he feels like there's already a storm within him."

-----------
Gael wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:52 am”Just wondering how this whole selection process is gonna work when it comes to ethereals looking for human partners, it’s hard not knowing what to expect” he rubs his head sheepishly
"I... don't know. Probably the reverse? find a student with something that interests you, probably." she suggests, bringing a paw up to her chin, "What would you look for?"

-----------

The next name to be called is david's.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:36 pm "I'm sure you'll be alright, David," Thomas said quietly, having positioned himself within earshot of the human. He'd removed his notebook and pencil from his pocket and had begun to continue the sketch of the snake now adorning his shoulders that he'd began while in the aether. "They seem friendly, curious, but friendly."
"You're going to do fine, David." Kassalya reassured him, placing a hand on the human's shoulder. "You're a really interesting person. I'm sure you'll catch the attention of a number of etherials."
Buster wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:03 pm The next name to be called is david's.
"Go get 'em, David! You'll do great!" Kass cheered David on. He whimpered something resembling 'thanks' and moved towards the circle, feeling like he was going to puke butterflies.

The moment he stepped into the circle, his body reacted. His arms burst into living bolts of plasma, then shifted back. Parts of his body sputtered and popped as they shifted to and from his plasma form. David's skin seemed to fade in and out of existence, turning transparent and showing a living storm underneath, like a human-shaped plasma sphere, before returning to normal. His body continued to shift chaotically, as though it was not sure what to become. David's own insecurities, his crisis of identity, were being reflected by the Aether in his body's inability to choose a form.

David was afraid. He did not want to shift. He did not understand what was happening. He wanted to run, to get out of there. But he stayed. He stood his ground. He had been afraid before. He was always afraid. But as usual, he had to push forward. He had to continue through the fear. David took a deep breath, and called out to the Etherials. "Um... He-hello. My name is David. I am looking for a partner to help me. I'm not from this world... I came here by accident, and I need help. I want to learn to control... all of this." He gestured to his arm which was currently in full plasma-golem form. "I... have stories. Stories and knowledge and experience from my home universe. It's a universe with lots of interesting things, good and bad, but it's my home and I want to get back there. And... I need a friend. Someone who understands what... this form... feels like."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Thanks!" Thomas says, his excitement clearly evident by the wag of his tail despite his best attempts to remain focused on what he was doing. "I'm excited to see what can be learned, but..." He shook his head, glancing down as the snake slithered off his shoulders and onto the floor, "He does from what I've heard. Probably looking for someone made of magic to help sort him out when he's made of magic." He quickly doodled down the snakes new form in his notebook before. "...Wait, am I supposed to give you a name or do you choose that on your own?"
Gael

Post by Gael »

Buster wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:03 pm I... don't know. Probably the reverse? find a student with something that interests you, probably." she suggests, bringing a paw up to her chin, "What would you look for?"
“I-I....haven’t really thought about the specifics yet...probably someone who can help get me out of my comfort zone...but like...slowly I guess he lowers his voice a bit, feeling like maybe he’s asking to much or that he might sound stupid
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:09 pm"Go get 'em, David! You'll do great!" Kass cheered David on. He whimpered something resembling 'thanks' and moved towards the circle, feeling like he was going to puke butterflies.

The moment he stepped into the circle, his body reacted. His arms burst into living bolts of plasma, then shifted back. Parts of his body sputtered and popped as they shifted to and from his plasma form. David's skin seemed to fade in and out of existence, turning transparent and showing a living storm underneath, like a human-shaped plasma sphere, before returning to normal. His body continued to shift chaotically, as though it was not sure what to become. David's own insecurities, his crisis of identity, were being reflected by the Aether in his body's inability to choose a form.

David was afraid. He did not want to shift. He did not understand what was happening. He wanted to run, to get out of there. But he stayed. He stood his ground. He had been afraid before. He was always afraid. But as usual, he had to push forward. He had to continue through the fear. David took a deep breath, and called out to the Etherials. "Um... He-hello. My name is David. I am looking for a partner to help me. I'm not from this world... I came here by accident, and I need help. I want to learn to control... all of this." He gestured to his arm which was currently in full plasma-golem form. "I... have stories. Stories and knowledge and experience from my home universe. It's a universe with lots of interesting things, good and bad, but it's my home and I want to get back there. And... I need a friend. Someone who understands what... this form... feels like."
the whispers seem to come from all sides, as etherials seem to get worked onto a frenzy by David's change. Eyes in the dark swirl around him and there's a sensation of being drawn in as David would sink through the gate far more than any of the other potential students. The etherials sensing David's nature and drawing him over to the other side. among the whispers, one phrase seems to get repeated. Let the storm out.

- - - - - - -
Deske wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:03 pm"Thanks!" Thomas says, his excitement clearly evident by the wag of his tail despite his best attempts to remain focused on what he was doing. "I'm excited to see what can be learned, but..." He shook his head, glancing down as the snake slithered off his shoulders and onto the floor, "He does from what I've heard. Probably looking for someone made of magic to help sort him out when he's made of magic." He quickly doodled down the snakes new form in his notebook before. "...Wait, am I supposed to give you a name or do you choose that on your own?"
"a bit of a confusing catch, isn't it?" the serpent looks up at thomas and just shrugs, entirely sidestepping the naming question. "so much more than all the others here, but at the same time barely able to function..."

- - - - - - -

(apologies gael, im a tad... stuck, on that front.)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:27 pm the whispers seem to come from all sides, as etherials seem to get worked onto a frenzy by David's change. Eyes in the dark swirl around him and there's a sensation of being drawn in as David would sink through the gate far more than any of the other potential students. The etherials sensing David's nature and drawing him over to the other side. among the whispers, one phrase seems to get repeated. Let the storm out.
David's heart started to race as he realized he was being sucked down into the Etherial Plane. He struggled to free himself, to move, to get out of there, but he could not move his legs. He wasn't sure if that was because of his fear, or because of his legs being in another dimension. David's panic and the exposure to the other side caused his chaotic shifting to accelerate. His entire body flashed between human and golem form like a strobe light operated by a caffeine-infused psychotic squirrel. "What... What's happening?!" He asked, almost pleading. "Please, I... I don't know if I can! I don't know how it works! I'm glitched, and the... storm... it's dangerous! I... hurt people with it without meaning to... that's why I need help! I don't know how to control it!"

- - - - -
Buster wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:27 pm "a bit of a confusing catch, isn't it?" the serpent looks up at thomas and just shrugs, entirely sidestepping the naming question. "so much more than all the others here, but at the same time barely able to function..."
David wasn't the only one feeling afraid. Kass watched in terror as her human friend started to literally sink into the floor like he was standing in dark quicksand. "What's going on?! I thought flesh and blood people couldn't cross to the other side?" She turned to the salad snake etherial. "You just came from there. What are the other Etherials doing with David? How is this happening?" she asked while shifting her eyes to catch glimpses of the teachers, trying to see how they were responding to this.
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Buster wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:27 pm
Deske wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:03 pm"Thanks!" Thomas says, his excitement clearly evident by the wag of his tail despite his best attempts to remain focused on what he was doing. "I'm excited to see what can be learned, but..." He shook his head, glancing down as the snake slithered off his shoulders and onto the floor, "He does from what I've heard. Probably looking for someone made of magic to help sort him out when he's made of magic." He quickly doodled down the snakes new form in his notebook before. "...Wait, am I supposed to give you a name or do you choose that on your own?"
"a bit of a confusing catch, isn't it?" the serpent looks up at thomas and just shrugs, entirely sidestepping the naming question. "so much more than all the others here, but at the same time barely able to function..."
"First I've heard of it! Well, not that I've really heard much about name-giving to etherials to begin with... Vi kind came with her own and I haven't really looked much... into it..." The wolf turned to watch the spectacle occurring on stage, arms crossed as he began to grow increasingly concerned...
CyberDragon wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:11 am David wasn't the only one feeling afraid. Kass watched in terror as her human friend started to literally sink into the floor like he was standing in dark quicksand. "What's going on?! I thought flesh and blood people couldn't cross to the other side?" She turned to the salad snake etherial. "You just came from there. What are the other Etherials doing with David? How is this happening?" she asked while shifting her eyes to catch glimpses of the teachers, trying to see how they were responding to this.
"Feeeeeen!" In a gentle blur, the wolf's metallic partner swirled onto him, tiny flecks peppering themselves all across Fen'rus body, making his fur iridescently shimmer.

"Something crazy's happening! You seeing this?!"

"As much as everyone else is." The large wolf quipped, taking a protective step in front of Thomas and Kass before turning back to smile sheepishly at them. "Sorry, not discounting your guy's abilities or anything, but Vi's a bit of an expert when it comes to umm, the whole deflecting lightning thing, in case anything happens." Fen'rus pointed about their general area, where tiny shimmers could be seen in the air around them.

"So... you thinking about-"

"Yup."

"And how dangerous would that-"

"Very. A definite very very."

The wolf let out a soft sigh through his nose before turning to Kass. "Has anything like this happened before? Is there a way to stop him from... discharging or being all... electric?"

Ref Ref!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

several alarmed instructors start to speak and move forward at once, until the headmaster blocks the path of one with his cane. "Patience." it doesnt stop the whispering of the students though.

inside the circle, David finally seems to stop sinking, only his shoulders and head outside the portal. Dozens of pairs of eyes in glowing wispy forms watch him from several angles, and he can feel more brushing against him on the other side. though, they're not pushing him, or being forceful, its more like an affectionate cat brushing along your leg asking for attention.

the whispers here, are far clearer to david than those outside dont fight it. and Dont fear it. seem to be the most frequent. let it out, you wont hurt us. you wont reach them. another whisper from behind him adds.

don't suppress it, that only makes the pressure build.

don't fear it, fear is destabilizing, the opposite of control.

find your centre, and let the storm out.

if he were to look around, at the etherial familiars of all those watching, perhaps david might notice that they're always showing there element to some degree. as if they can't not be that way atleast a little...

"let it out." that whisper seems clearer than the others.

- - - - - - -
Roarin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:22 am"First I've heard of it! Well, not that I've really heard much about name-giving to etherials to begin with... Vi kind came with her own and I haven't really looked much... into it..." The wolf turned to watch the spectacle occurring on stage, arms crossed as he began to grow increasingly concerned...
she seems amused. "not what i was referring to."
CyberDragon wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:11 am David wasn't the only one feeling afraid. Kass watched in terror as her human friend started to literally sink into the floor like he was standing in dark quicksand. "What's going on?! I thought flesh and blood people couldn't cross to the other side?" She turned to the salad snake etherial. "You just came from there. What are the other Etherials doing with David? How is this happening?" she asked while shifting her eyes to catch glimpses of the teachers, trying to see how they were responding to this.
"You cant. but he's not like you. if he's as alike us as he looked just now, he needs this lesson."

- - - - - - -

Scien moves to try and protect snow, scared by what's happening.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:47 pm "You cant. but he's not like you. if he's as alike us as he looked just now, he needs this lesson."
"Lesson? What lesson?!" Kass said, fearfully looking on as David finally seemed to stop sinking.
Buster wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:47 pm several alarmed instructors start to speak and move forward at once, until the headmaster blocks the path of one with his cane. "Patience." it doesnt stop the whispering of the students though.

inside the circle, David finally seems to stop sinking, only his shoulders and head outside the portal. Dozens of pairs of eyes in glowing wispy forms watch him from several angles, and he can feel more brushing against him on the other side. though, they're not pushing him, or being forceful, its more like an affectionate cat brushing along your leg asking for attention.

the whispers here, are far clearer to david than those outside dont fight it. and Dont fear it. seem to be the most frequent. let it out, you wont hurt us. you wont reach them. another whisper from behind him adds.

don't suppress it, that only makes the pressure build.

don't fear it, fear is destabilizing, the opposite of control.

find your centre, and let the storm out.

if he were to look around, at the etherial familiars of all those watching, perhaps david might notice that they're always showing there element to some degree. as if they can't not be that way atleast a little...

"let it out." that whisper seems clearer than the others.
David was still afraid. He didn't know what was happening, but he was starting to piece it together. He glanced around, and beyond the clamoring students and fearful looks from the professors, the Headmaster was calm. He felt the Etherials around him, brushing against him and whispering to him. He felt like he should be afraid of them. He felt like he should be trying to fight, to flee. But...

He had stopped sinking. While only his head and shoulders were outside of the portal now, the stillness let him gather his thoughts. He focused harder on what the Etherials were saying and what they were doing. Deep down, he could tell that, whatever they were doing, there was no clear hostility to them. Their words... They made sense. Fear had always plagued him. It dominated his mind, and he knew it. How could it not, with what he had been through? But he wanted to learn. He wanted to control the power within him.

He didn't want to be afraid anymore, and the Etherials appear to have given him the rare opportunity to shed that fear, if only for a moment.

David could feel the storm inside of him. He could feel the almost comforting presence of the Etherials around him, and one that seemed to call to him more than the others. He reached down, gripped the base of his hoodie, and pulled it off over his head. He pulled off his gloves, then threw them over to Kass who just barely caught them. David took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and focused on the Etherials around him. They felt... friendly. Almost familiar. He took another deep breath...

And he shifted.

KRACKOOOM!

The hall shook from the burst of thunder as David's body turned into a golem of raw electric power. His body sparked and flashed, sending short flares of plasma and lightning and fire outward, but it all was drawn into the portal. David noticed this, and in his relief that his theory was correct, that the Etherials were correct, the bursts of lightning flinging from his form became smaller, more controlled. The Golem seemed from the outside to bask in the Etherial plane, calmed if only for the present moment.

Kassalya looked on, shielding her eyes from the bright flashing light of the lightning golem. She was speechless, and could not decide whether what she witnessed was a good sign or a bad one.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Outside the portal, the serpent turns to Kass.
"We can't hide what we are. Trying tears us apart from within."

- - -

A wolflike head, formed of ice rises from the swirling formation in front of david, connected to an unseen body still in the tides of the portal. repeating to david what the other was saying to kass, and adding, "You're more like us than you realize."

- - -

"For most, it's instinct to show our element, but some need to be taught."
Gael

Post by Gael »

Buster wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:47 pm Scien moves to try and protect snow, scared by what's happening.
Snow puts a hand on Scien’s shoulder or at least as “On Scien’s shoulder” as he can get it partially to calm himself down a bit, and partially as a way to let her know that he’s here if she needs him. He’s scared too but he’s not about to let himself completely rely on other people to protect him without being able to be there for them too
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:08 pm Outside the portal, the serpent turns to Kass.
"We can't hide what we are. Trying tears us apart from within."

- - -

A wolflike head, formed of ice rises from the swirling formation in front of david, connected to an unseen body still in the tides of the portal. repeating to david what the other was saying to kass, and adding, "You're more like us than you realize."

- - -

"For most, it's instinct to show our element, but some need to be taught."
The golem's head turned to face the ice wolf. It said nothing for a while. Then, it looked down, and David's body started to transition back into being human. David took a deep breath. "...Thank you. I think I understand. I am human. But I am also living energy. I can't deny that second half of who I am. I need to learn to live with it, not hide from it." David lifted a hand up in front of his face and allowed sparks to shoot between his fingertips. He looked back up at the ice wolf. "I take it you're interested in being my partner?"
-Champion Motto