Non-HPU: Jade Star Academy

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Jade Star Academy

Post by CyberDragon »

Seeing the more direct approach some of the other students were taking, David gestured to Kassalya to follow him and stepped up to the teachers alongside Hope and Fen. "I... really have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm supposed to go..." he said, mostly to Karsos as he was the only teacher David knew there. "I suppose the north tower is as good as anyplace to start... Knowing where the library is should be helpful."

"Do... you know how to read our language? I know it sounds the same, but..." Kassalya whispered sideways to David.

"I know a little bit. I tried teaching myself on the trip here. I'll learn faster with more material to work with." He replied.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Tom nodded to Fen'rus as he explained that he wanted to go see the shrine. He raised an eyebrow and followed Fen'rus' gaze once he trailed off. "Ah, you were talking about going to see the shrine." He looked from the wolf in front of him to the one he thought Fen'rus had been staring at. "Who is he anyway? He looks like he might be an instructor of sorts," Tom said, subtly nodding in the direction Fen had been staring.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

When Hope approached Bekkail the serpent listened to her request patiently, nodding. "of course, first years often want to visit there. give us a moment to gather up the students, hmm?" she answers in a polite if slightly distracted tone.

once the students are all back on their feet, and are moving towards the professors, Karsos and Tarsos are quick to start dividing them up into even groups.

with several other students having followed hope's lead assuming she knew what she was doing, many of those interested in heading to the shrine and library first are in that group. Verek's group on the other hand seems to be planning to look around the main tower first, while karsos is showing people the grounds and training fields, and the other three seem to be heading to the dormitories first.

"If you'll follow me please..." Bekkail says to her group, as she leads them out of the hall and circles around toward the rearmost part of the structure. there an arched passageway with ornate and colorful windows links the main structure to another smaller one. the first chamber inside of which houses seven altars, upon each of which sit an assortment of offerings, with seven statues behind them. the figures on the statues are humanoid, but it's impossible to tell which race they are as they seem to have the traits of all of them rolled into one.

Directly opposite the entrance one in the shape of a young boy sits wearing a gold crown, his grinning face gaunt looking almost skeletal, to the right a pregnant female standing on guard both hand resting atop the pommel of a gold sword who's tip is dug into the pedestal on which she stands, an ambiguous oddly garbed figure in a gold mask, theatrically taking a bow, and a third statue has been carved into the shape of a male figure reading from a gold book to an absent audience. to the left of the crowned figure the other three statues stand, A male figure wielding a golden pearl tipped staff clad in an archaic variation of healers robes, along side an an armored maiden, golden shield held high, and a robed figure, unidentifiable beyond the gilded trim decorating the hood of it's cloak. Any local would recognize them as the common depictions of the Gods, each adorned with a representation of the relic gifted to their Herritor, their mortal voice.

behind the statues the circular chamber holds two curved stairwells mirroring each other that both start on either side of the entrance and slowly make their way around the massive room until they both meet on the balcony of the fourth floor, intersecting every level in between. on each floor the walls are divided into six, and all but the entrance opens into a hall filled with books on each level.

"Welcome to the Grand Library."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

As the tour group entered the library, Kassalya started explaining who the different statues were to David. However, he was only half listening. David's attention was focused more on the books, and trying to read any labels that might identify what the different sections of the library might contain. There must be something here on those portals... he thought to himself. At the very least, some of these texts should help me figure out how to control my plasma...
-Champion Motto

GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Roarin wrote:]
"Huh, sorry what were you saying?"

Vi turned around to look at Dusk.

"What... wait wait wait!" After the wolf pointed to the window Vi gently floated over, pressing her cloudy form against the glass to look outside. If Dusk happened to be looking at her, he might be surprised to see the faint reflection of a black-furred Laurae with bright yellow eyes mirroring Vi's movements in the glass as she stared out across the city.

'We're... that's... that's the tower from the school! Dusk! We're like... someone across the town! Oh flip... how are we supposed to get back to before orientation! And Feeeen! He's gonna be-" Her voice died down after Dusk's warning and she quickly funneled her body under the same bed as the shadowed wolf.

"So... I think that the teleporty guy definitely has something to do with us being here. Maybe it was David's release or energy or whatever. But I don't think he intended for anyone to tag along on his trip. Like two certain etherials just did."
Dusk waited for the feline to leave before he answered Vira. "Totally, I bet David's magic thingy might have something to do with it. I mean that was a lot of magic...."
Buster wrote:The portly feline from the hall steps through the door, looking around, "coulda sworn i heard summin," he mumbles surprised at the room being empty. "Well, least he paid." he adds to himself, heading over to one of the two nightstands and collecting three coin sized crystals. a moment later, the two would hear the door shut and heavy footsteps heading down a set of stairs. as he's out of the room.
Dusk noticed one of the glowy things the feline was holding when he left the room. "You see that Vira? I could swear she was holding something..." Dusk went out from under the bed and started looking through the drawer that the feline had just been in. "I bet we could find something totally cool, like whatever shiny thing that feline had in his paw."
Buster wrote:When Hope approached Bekkail the serpent listened to her request patiently, nodding. "of course, first years often want to visit there. give us a moment to gather up the students, hmm?" she answers in a polite if slightly distracted tone.

once the students are all back on their feet, and are moving towards the professors, Karsos and Tarsos are quick to start dividing them up into even groups.

with several other students having followed hope's lead assuming she knew what she was doing, many of those interested in heading to the shrine and library first are in that group. Verek's group on the other hand seems to be planning to look around the main tower first, while karsos is showing people the grounds and training fields, and the other three seem to be heading to the dormitories first.

"If you'll follow me please..." Bekkail says to her group, as she leads them out of the hall and circles around toward the rearmost part of the structure. there an arched passageway with ornate and colorful windows links the main structure to another smaller one. the first chamber inside of which houses seven altars, upon each of which sit an assortment of offerings, with seven statues behind them. the figures on the statues are humanoid, but it's impossible to tell which race they are as they seem to have the traits of all of them rolled into one.

Directly opposite the entrance one in the shape of a young boy sits wearing a gold crown, his grinning face gaunt looking almost skeletal, to the right a pregnant female standing on guard both hand resting atop the pommel of a gold sword who's tip is dug into the pedestal on which she stands, an ambiguous oddly garbed figure in a gold mask, theatrically taking a bow, and a third statue has been carved into the shape of a male figure reading from a gold book to an absent audience. to the left of the crowned figure the other three statues stand, A male figure wielding a golden pearl tipped staff clad in an archaic variation of healers robes, along side an an armored maiden, golden shield held high, and a robed figure, unidentifiable beyond the gilded trim decorating the hood of it's cloak. Any local would recognize them as the common depictions of the Gods, each adorned with a representation of the relic gifted to their Herritor, their mortal voice.

behind the statues the circular chamber holds two curved stairwells mirroring each other that both start on either side of the entrance and slowly make their way around the massive room until they both meet on the balcony of the fourth floor, intersecting every level in between. on each floor the walls are divided into six, and all but the entrance opens into a hall filled with books on each level.

"Welcome to the Grand Library."
Something called to Hope, of the figures that stood before her the one whom drew her interest was the third statue holding the book. "What is this statue? The one of the man with the book?" Hope asked particulary intrigued in the statues of the most common depictions of the Gods. Of course she had hoped her guides would stop to answer questions. Of course she wanted to be respectful. She wanted to touch the book, at least curiousity was getting the better of Hope.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas looked from the wolf to the serpent, gently nudging Fen'rus towards that group, "I do believe they're heading to the library and the shrines or, at least, that's what I'm overhearing." Once they'd joined the group and begun heading out, Thomas could barely hide his excitement. Everything had seemed to be going fairly well for him up to this point; an institution of learning basically appearing in his path, one complete with what would hopefully be a well stocked library. And well stocked it was indeed, as soon as they arrived Thomas couldn't help but stare around at the shelves upon shelves of books that he saw. "Amazing," he said quietly, rather overwhelmed by what he was seeing. He reached for his pen and notebook, not entirely sure what he wanted to note down first, the designs of the statues or interesting book titles he saw.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:As the tour group entered the library, Kassalya started explaining who the different statues were to David. However, he was only half listening. David's attention was focused more on the books, and trying to read any labels that might identify what the different sections of the library might contain. There must be something here on those portals... he thought to himself. At the very least, some of these texts should help me figure out how to control my plasma...
the shelves in each room are labeled with two to three characters, and each archway has a line of five characters on a plaque above it. the last character on each plate and plaque seems to be the symbol for Book/Tome/Manual, but beyond that only a few are clearly readable from here. the greenish light coming from the mage lanterns isn't the brightest thing in the world, closer to being on par with a candle than a lightbulb.
they seem to be divided by subject, though 3/4 of the subjects are using symbols that david wouldn't have had a chance to learn yet. the far left alcove on this floor has quite a few shelves that use the characters for 'Storm' and 'Spell' in their labels.
you're not actually close enough to read individual book covers unless you enter one of the side rooms.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Dusk noticed one of the glowy things the feline was holding when he left the room. "You see that Vira? I could swear she was holding something..." Dusk went out from under the bed and started looking through the drawer that the feline had just been in. "I bet we could find something totally cool, like whatever shiny thing that feline had in his paw."

The coins the innkeeper took were the only ones present. There is nothing else on the nightstand, and the drawer doesn't actually open it's just a panel of wood glued in place. it's also not made to be gripped by incorporeal beings, your hand passes straight through it.

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Something called to Hope, of the figures that stood before her the one whom drew her interest was the third statue holding the book. "What is this statue? The one of the man with the book?" Hope asked particularly intrigued in the statues of the most common depictions of the Gods. Of course she had hoped her guides would stop to answer questions. Of course she wanted to be respectful. She wanted to touch the book, at least curiosity was getting the better of Hope.

"That," Bekkail began, "Represents Toloq, the divine artisan. Said to be the one of the seven who built the world, and who's herritor, according to legend, restored the world after the Arcane Cataclysm."

she pauses a momnt, "I'm sorry, I know your people refer to him by a different name and title, but theology has never been my strong suit... Something to do with music I think?"

considering the statue's size you would need to climb it to do that. even the taller races only come up to mid thigh, and fenrae on average aren't that big (unless you're specifically looking at proportional sizes of ears and tails). you have to be standing on the third floor just to be eye level with five of the seven statues (obviously the one that's bowing and the one that's sitting are lower).
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm? Oh, just someone Vi pointed out in the marketplace earlier today. Something about him using magic and blinking all over the place. I barely got a glimpse of him before he disappeared." The wolf replied sheepishly, glancing first at the grey wolf, then over at serpent Hope was speaking to. In his indecision he couldn't help but get swept up in the group headed towards the library and shrine with the help of Thomas's nudging.

As Bekkail began giving explanations about the library Fen'rus couldn't help but look behind them every now and then, his weight shifting from foot to foot as he subconsciously trailed after Thomas.
"Mmh... ahhh I think I'm gonna go back." The wolf suddenly quipped, looking down at his newfound classmate. "Vi would kill me if she knew I'd passed up on learning more about that wolf guy, also..." He looked around the room. "To be honest I'm not a big fan of libraries, all these books and stuff kinda go." He passed a paw over his head.

"Sorry but I think I might split up here. You're welcome to come if you want but you looked a bit umm," He grinned, nodding to the pen and paper in the werewolf's hand. "Engrossed."

-----------------------------------------------------
Vi began helping the wolf search the room, but after a couple of minutes she floated to the center with a frustrated huff. "Nothing! And by nothing I mean I mean we actually couldn't find anything useful. No trace of those voices either..." She shook her head. "Look, lets just... see if we can find our way out of here. Maybe if we find the entrance we'll know where we are. This has to be some sort of tavern or in or something right? The guy that came in here said something about money or waking them up... or whatever to someone named umm... Miss... Miss Yumae right? Anyways lets go check out what out in the hallway." Vi slowly floated over to the door, her form dispersing into a wisp that gently streamed through the underside of the door.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:The shelves in each room are labeled with two to three characters, and each archway has a line of five characters on a plaque above it. the last character on each plate and plaque seems to be the symbol for Book/Tome/Manual, but beyond that only a few are clearly readable from here. the greenish light coming from the mage lanterns isn't the brightest thing in the world, closer to being on par with a candle than a lightbulb.
they seem to be divided by subject, though 3/4 of the subjects are using symbols that david wouldn't have had a chance to learn yet. the far left alcove on this floor has quite a few shelves that use the characters for 'Storm' and 'Spell' in their labels.
you're not actually close enough to read individual book covers unless you enter one of the side rooms.
David's attention was inevitably drawn to the Storm tomes, specifically the ones with both the characters for storm and spell on the shelves. David deduced that these must be the spellbooks for storm spells, though he wasn't quite sure if it was referring to literal storms or lightning magic. Though given the strange snow bird referred to, or guessed, the plasma form and sensation of being over-charged was like a storm inside of him, David figured it likely referred to lightning magic. Then, he realized that the storm spells might not have anything to do with controlling out of control magic. Still, he noted the section with the storm magic tomes for future reference. Then, much to Kassalya's surprise, David raised a hand. Slightly. More like he raised a finger. "Um... Mrs. Bekkail? Would those sections have any tomes on... controlling out of control lightning magic?" he asked, gesturing to the shelves labeled "Storm."
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Sylas followed the group to the Grand Library, ever so slightly in awe of the wealth of knowledge the Grand Library held. Even Sinbel's interest was piqued, "Truly remarkable."

"You can say that again..." She had half a mind to ran and grab a book on the basics of magic, but thought better of it, uncertain, she wasn't quite sure what she was uncertain about, but something held her back from leaving the tour and snatching a book.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Roarin wrote:"Vi would kill me if she knew I'd passed up on learning more about that wolf guy, also..." He looked around the room. "To be honest I'm not a big fan of libraries, all these books and stuff kinda go." He passed a paw over his head.

"Sorry but I think I might split up here. You're welcome to come if you want but you looked a bit umm," He grinned, nodding to the pen and paper in the werewolf's hand. "Engrossed."
It takes a bit of time to actually locate the other group, as they had moved on from the auditorium, thankfully the headmaster was more than willing to point the way. Apparently Verek is the type to prefer an early lunch and most likely would have shown his students the main tower's kitchens and meal hall first. Fen would get there just as The older wolf, with the help of a few cooks, have brought out a few things for the thirty-ish students in his group.

He notices Fen almost immediately.

"Hmmm? Weren't you with Bekkail? Or did you tire of her already?" He asks, despite his voice being nearly monotone, and one most would use when mildly annoyed, there's an ever so slight smirk at the corners of his lips.
Roarin wrote:Vi began helping the wolf search the room, but after a couple of minutes she floated to the center with a frustrated huff. "Nothing! And by nothing I mean I mean we actually couldn't find anything useful. No trace of those voices either..." She shook her head. "Look, lets just... see if we can find our way out of here. Maybe if we find the entrance we'll know where we are. This has to be some sort of tavern or in or something right? The guy that came in here said something about money or waking them up... or whatever to someone named umm... Miss... Miss Yumae right? Anyways lets go check out what out in the hallway." Vi slowly floated over to the door, her form dispersing into a wisp that gently streamed through the underside of the door.
The hall has ten rooms branching off from it. Five on one side, four on the other in two pairs with a stairwell splitting off from the hall between them, and the one at the end of the hall you just came from.

four of the doors are open, the greenish flame of the hallway's lights are burning brighter now, and from the stairwell you can faintly hear a mishmash of multiple muffled conversations and the clink of cutlery against plates. smells one might ascociate with a mix of breakfast and lunch foods coming from that direction.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Sylas followed the group to the Grand Library, ever so slightly in awe of the wealth of knowledge the Grand Library held. Even Sinbel's interest was piqued, "Truly remarkable."

"You can say that again..." She had half a mind to ran and grab a book on the basics of magic, but thought better of it, uncertain, she wasn't quite sure what she was uncertain about, but something held her back from leaving the tour and snatching a book.
She wasn't the only one with that idea, as one of the other students slipped away, and grabbed a book, only to find that there was now a translucent wall of shadows in the arch that wouldn't let the book leave. he could pass through just fine but the book couldn't budge past it on millimeter... which would probably explain why each section had areas to sit and read...
CyberDragon wrote:David's attention was inevitably drawn to the Storm tomes, specifically the ones with both the characters for storm and spell on the shelves. David deduced that these must be the spellbooks for storm spells, though he wasn't quite sure if it was referring to literal storms or lightning magic. Though given the strange snow bird referred to, or guessed, the plasma form and sensation of being over-charged was like a storm inside of him, David figured it likely referred to lightning magic. Then, he realized that the storm spells might not have anything to do with controlling out of control magic. Still, he noted the section with the storm magic tomes for future reference. Then, much to Kassalya's surprise, David raised a hand. Slightly. More like he raised a finger. "Um... Mrs. Bekkail? Would those sections have any tomes on... controlling out of control lightning magic?" he asked, gesturing to the shelves labeled "Storm."
"I think there might be... Though it's not a topic that comes up often, since an ethereal's affinity is usually quite stable by the time they choose a partner. Why do you ask?" she answers thrown off slightly by the question.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Ah, yeah, sorry," Tom said glancing down at his notebook. "I have a bit of time sensitive research to attend to. Plants and the like," he gestures towards the library. "Maybe we can swap gossip at dinner though and you can tell me why the wolf your following is so interesting to you."
After Fen'rus left, Tom sought out Bekkail, in the hopes of finding a book on the plants of the region and maybe one for alchemy. He walked over to wear she was explaining books about spells of storms to David and waited patiently for her to be done before asking, "You wouldn't happen to know if there are any books on the local flora and maybe some about alchemy? I'm running low on potions of my own, y'see, and I'm trying to find good substitutes." He held out an already inked reed pen with the notebook, "If I could bother you more to draw the symbols for them as well," he asked with a sheepish smile, "Must look like a sorry student, still learning to read and all."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"I think there might be... Though it's not a topic that comes up often, since an ethereal's affinity is usually quite stable by the time they choose a partner. Why do you ask?" she answers thrown off slightly by the question.
"Um... Well, it's a little hard to explain?" David said, not really wanting to explain how he was literally an explosively unstable ball of lightning in human form in front of his future peers. "I... don't have an ethereal partner. I can use lightning magic without one, but... I never really learned how to keep it under control. I don't really know how to direct it. I'm trying to learn." He said, hoping that came across as... maybe not mundane, but at the very least not like he was a walking lightning bomb.
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Buster wrote:"Hmmm? Weren't you with Bekkail? Or did you tire of her already?" He asks, despite his voice being nearly monotone, and one most would use when mildly annoyed, there's an ever so slight smirk at the corners of his lips.
"Oh, no no." The large wolf chuckled softly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Just not a big fan of libraries is all, my partner is more the brains between the two of us so I might go back once... I find her. Though after the long trip across the sea I can't under good conscious pass up an early lunch either." He grinned, sticking a paw out. "Anyways, my name is Fen'rus, Fen'rus Alabaster. I'm going to be honest with you sir. A part of why I wanted to tag along with this group was because of the magic you did back in the marketplace. If it weren't for my friend I wouldn't have noticed you blinking about across the plaza. I don't really know much in the ways of all this magic stuff, but in terms of what I've seen so far it looked pretty impressive to me."

Ref Ref!
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Buster wrote: "That," Bekkail began, "Represents Toloq, the divine artisan. Said to be the one of the seven who built the world, and who's herritor, according to legend, restored the world after the Arcane Cataclysm."

she pauses a momnt, "I'm sorry, I know your people refer to him by a different name and title, but theology has never been my strong suit... Something to do with music I think?"

considering the statue's size you would need to climb it to do that. even the taller races only come up to mid thigh, and fenrae on average aren't that big (unless you're specifically looking at proportional sizes of ears and tails). you have to be standing on the third floor just to be eye level with five of the seven statues (obviously the one that's bowing and the one that's sitting are lower).

Hope talked tot the guide as she had began following the rest of the group.
"The divine artisan. Yes, my people consider him the god of harmony. Music, festivals. Since I'm here I could refer to him as Tolog, but in our tongue we call him Unrae. We do focus more on the music than the other arts." Hope mentioned.

Buster wrote:
Roarin wrote:Vi began helping the wolf search the room, but after a couple of minutes she floated to the center with a frustrated huff. "Nothing! And by nothing I mean I mean we actually couldn't find anything useful. No trace of those voices either..." She shook her head. "Look, lets just... see if we can find our way out of here. Maybe if we find the entrance we'll know where we are. This has to be some sort of tavern or in or something right? The guy that came in here said something about money or waking them up... or whatever to someone named umm... Miss... Miss Yumae right? Anyways lets go check out what out in the hallway." Vi slowly floated over to the door, her form dispersing into a wisp that gently streamed through the underside of the door.
The hall has ten rooms branching off from it. Five on one side, four on the other in two pairs with a stairwell splitting off from the hall between them, and the one at the end of the hall you just came from. four of the doors are open, the greenish flame of the hallway's lights are burning brighter now, and from the stairwell you can faintly hear a mishmash of multiple muffled conversations and the clink of cutlery against plates. smells one might ascociate with a mix of breakfast and lunch foods coming from that direction.
Dusk was easily shadowing his fellow ethereal's every move, both literally and figuratively. Easily blending in with the shadows, he followed her under the door and even outside into the hall. "Miss Yum- yeah something like that. I wasn't really paying attention. Smells like cooking...you think that's worth checking out or do you think we'll draw too much attention." Dusk admitted.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"Um... Well, it's a little hard to explain?" David said, not really wanting to explain how he was literally an explosively unstable ball of lightning in human form in front of his future peers. "I... don't have an ethereal partner. I can use lightning magic without one, but... I never really learned how to keep it under control. I don't really know how to direct it. I'm trying to learn." He said, hoping that came across as... maybe not mundane, but at the very least not like he was a walking lightning bomb.
"Oh, Hmmm. yes i can see how that would be an issue." Quickly picking up on what david was implying, Karsos' coming to her with a request of her skills, while the students were gathering earlier was making a little more sense now. "I'm afraid i've never looked into that sort of thing, as i'm a Nature Crafter myself... so i'm not sure how much help i can be."

she pause a moment thinking before saying anything else. "one tidbit that might help; several magics seem to react to your emotions. easier to control in one state of mind, harder in another."
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Hope talked to the guide as she had began following the rest of the group.
"The divine artisan. Yes, my people consider him the god of harmony. Music, festivals. Since I'm here I could refer to him as Tolog, but in our tongue we call him Unrae. We do focus more on the music than the other arts." Hope mentioned.
"I wouldn't be surprised if you run into a few here that missattribute music and art to Volmynr..." she comments, gesturing to the masked figure taking a bow "a lot forget that the legends refer to him as a theatrical trickster, and just latch onto the theater bit." that second bit seems to upset her a fair amount.
Deske wrote:After Fen'rus left, Tom sought out Bekkail, in the hopes of finding a book on the plants of the region and maybe one for alchemy. He walked over to wear she was explaining books about spells of storms to David and waited patiently for her to be done before asking, "You wouldn't happen to know if there are any books on the local flora and maybe some about alchemy? I'm running low on potions of my own, y'see, and I'm trying to find good substitutes." He held out an already inked reed pen with the notebook, "If I could bother you more to draw the symbols for them as well," he asked with a sheepish smile, "Must look like a sorry student, still learning to read and all."
"Botanical texts are in the east wing on the top floor." she explains, able to answer thaat immediately and from memory unlike the other subjects she had to stop and think about. taking the pen and scratching down four symbols, two paired together and the other two separate ones, before handing the notebook back and pointing at the singular symbol to the left, she adds "look for a set of sixteen large tomes with this on their covers, it's a sort of compendium of herbs." next she moves to the other solo symbol, "This one means 'reagent' each plants alchemical uses should be listed in a section of it's page that uses that symbol as the heading. and this..." she points at the last one "you'll see on the cover of a sort of picture dictionary of all of the root verbs and root nouns, that you'll probably need to get your hands on and memorize before you'll understand half the reference texts in here."
Roarin wrote:"Oh, no no." The large wolf chuckled softly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Just not a big fan of libraries is all, my partner is more the brains between the two of us so I might go back once... I find her. Though after the long trip across the sea I can't under good conscious pass up an early lunch either." He grinned, sticking a paw out. "Anyways, my name is Fen'rus, Fen'rus Alabaster. I'm going to be honest with you sir. A part of why I wanted to tag along with this group was because of the magic you did back in the marketplace. If it weren't for my friend I wouldn't have noticed you blinking about across the plaza. I don't really know much in the ways of all this magic stuff, but in terms of what I've seen so far it looked pretty impressive to me."
"Naquil Verek." The teacher introduced himself, returning the gesture. "and Aiming such spells that precisely is just a matter of practice, though i'd recommend that practice be done in an open space. getting stuck half way inside things because of a miss can be unpleasant." he laughs at that, bringing fen over to the other students in his group. "I know it's not the same as back home, but these catfolk are surprisingly good cooks."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:
Deske wrote:After Fen'rus left, Tom sought out Bekkail, in the hopes of finding a book on the plants of the region and maybe one for alchemy. He walked over to wear she was explaining books about spells of storms to David and waited patiently for her to be done before asking, "You wouldn't happen to know if there are any books on the local flora and maybe some about alchemy? I'm running low on potions of my own, y'see, and I'm trying to find good substitutes." He held out an already inked reed pen with the notebook, "If I could bother you more to draw the symbols for them as well," he asked with a sheepish smile, "Must look like a sorry student, still learning to read and all."
"Botanical texts are in the east wing on the top floor." she explains, able to answer thaat immediately and from memory unlike the other subjects she had to stop and think about. taking the pen and scratching down four symbols, two paired together and the other two separate ones, before handing the notebook back and pointing at the singular symbol to the left, she adds "look for a set of sixteen large tomes with this on their covers, it's a sort of compendium of herbs." next she moves to the other solo symbol, "This one means 'reagent' each plants alchemical uses should be listed in a section of it's page that uses that symbol as the heading. and this..." she points at the last one "you'll see on the cover of a sort of picture dictionary of all of the root verbs and root nouns, that you'll probably need to get your hands on and memorize before you'll understand half the reference texts in here."
In the east wing of the library as the two spoke, a rather small etherial being had found a use for the very books David was looking for at the moment. He was resting on top of the upper edge of the spine. It seemed like nobody ever touched these books with how much dust coated them, Kero figured they were the perfect spot to take a nap on
Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas nods along as Bekkail explains where to find the books and what each of the symbols mean. He quickly scribbles the meaning for each of them underneath of the drawings. "Seems like botany is your chosen study. I might have to visit you later, I'll probably have trouble finding substitutes for some of these. Ah, no matter, thank you kindly," He says, looking around for a stairway before heading off the direction of the one he'd seen earlier when they'd first entered the library. He climbed the steps to the top of the eastern wing of the library and, as he made it to the top, he took out his notebook and began wandering the aisles for the right symbol, "How are these even organized...?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Oh, Hmmm. yes i can see how that would be an issue." Quickly picking up on what david was implying, Karsos' coming to her with a request of her skills, while the students were gathering earlier was making a little more sense now. "I'm afraid i've never looked into that sort of thing, as i'm a Nature Crafter myself... so i'm not sure how much help i can be."

she pause a moment thinking before saying anything else. "one tidbit that might help; several magics seem to react to your emotions. easier to control in one state of mind, harder in another."
David thought about that last bit for a bit. It would make sense. He had heard of powers that were controlled by emotions before. If fear made it difficult to control his powers... he might be in a bit of trouble. He had always been timid, even when he was around people he knew. He would have to check to see if his powers react to different states of mind. "Thanks." He said finally. "That helps. I'll have to keep an eye on that. In the meantime, could you point out where those books might be kept?" He asked. "I can read, but... I can only read English. I only know a few Common symbols."

Kassalya moved a bit closer to the professor and spoke to her a bit quieter so the other students wouldn't hear. "He's probably going to need more than just lightning control. David's an instinctive duel element shifter. Plasma, so lightning and fire. It's some kind of special outsider magic. He'll need fire control or general magic control in addition to the lightning control. Also, do you have any books here regarding magic observed from other planes? I'd like to see if I can compare what we've observed before to what he's demonstrated. Maybe even figure out where he's from."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas went up and down the aisles for a few minutes before coming to a stop in front of the books that had been explained to him as dictionaries. He reached for one before noticing the slightly hazy figure stretched out across the books. Pulling his handpaw back he bent down to get a closer look at the creature, "Hmm, excuse me. You if it's no bother, I'm trying to get to some of these books before the tour guide decides to leave."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:Thomas went up and down the aisles for a few minutes before coming to a stop in front of the books that had been explained to him as dictionaries. He reached for one before noticing the slightly hazy figure stretched out across the books. Pulling his handpaw back he bent down to get a closer look at the creature, "Hmm, excuse me. You if it's no bother, I'm trying to get to some of these books before the tour guide decides to leave."
The frog looks up at him, clearly a bit annoyed. "Can you not come back later I'm napping?" Thomas would notice a thin layer of dust forming on top of Kero... he clearly had been napping for awhile. "took forever to find something that I don't phase through either. I'm guessing these books have something to do with nature due to that, don't want to keep searching for books that can hold me"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Mmm... Yes I see that you're napping, er, were, but," Thomas sighed, "How's about a deal, you give me information I need and I stop bothering you about your poorly chosen napping spot?" He raised his eyebrows and gave the ethereal a hopeful smile, "Just a few simple questions about plants and I'll leave you alone the rest of the day to nap. Sounds good, yeah?"
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:"Mmm... Yes I see that you're napping, er, were, but," Thomas sighed, "How's about a deal, you give me information I need and I stop bothering you about your poorly chosen napping spot?" He raised his eyebrows and gave the ethereal a hopeful smile, "Just a few simple questions about plants and I'll leave you alone the rest of the day to nap. Sounds good, yeah?"
His body seemed to perk up a bit as he stretched, turning to Thomas. "... I suppose a nature etheral like myself wouldn't be a bad person to ask these questions to... commence with your questions wolf boy."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Fantastic," Tom said, flipping through a few pages in his notebook, stopping on a sketched picture of a flower. "First question, do you have any flowers that look like this?" He held up the sketch for the ethereal to see, "Aconite in my world. Very poisonous, blueish to violet in color, maybe even yellow. Alternatively, if you know of any plants that look like shrubs, green berries that ripen to a smooth, shiny black and are also poisonous, that would be helpful too." He flipped the page in his notebook, showing the frog a picture of the second plant.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:David thought about that last bit for a bit. It would make sense. He had heard of powers that were controlled by emotions before. If fear made it difficult to control his powers... he might be in a bit of trouble. He had always been timid, even when he was around people he knew. He would have to check to see if his powers react to different states of mind. "Thanks." He said finally. "That helps. I'll have to keep an eye on that. In the meantime, could you point out where those books might be kept?" He asked. "I can read, but... I can only read English. I only know a few Common symbols."
"Inglesh? I'm not familiar with that language. sorry." she answers apologetically. "But that kind of thing would probably be in with the older texts on the second floor."
CyberDragon wrote:Kassalya moved a bit closer to the professor and spoke to her a bit quieter so the other students wouldn't hear. "He's probably going to need more than just lightning control. David's an instinctive duel element shifter. Plasma, so lightning and fire. It's some kind of special outsider magic. He'll need fire control or general magic control in addition to the lightning control. Also, do you have any books here regarding magic observed from other planes? I'd like to see if I can compare what we've observed before to what he's demonstrated. Maybe even figure out where he's from."
"Outsider magic? Your own guild would have better records of that sort of thing." Bekkail admits, shaking her head "I'll see what i can find for helping with his spells though."
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Buster wrote: "I wouldn't be surprised if you run into a few here that missattribute music and art to Volmynr..." she comments, gesturing to the masked figure taking a bow "a lot forget that the legends refer to him as a theatrical trickster, and just latch onto the theater bit." that second bit seems to upset her a fair amount.

"I would consider Altine to be far from a artisan and more of a performer of the arts, clever tricks and misdirection? There can be considered an art to the performance of theatre but it is not the note of a song, nor a foot to the step of the dance. It is a different stage." She mused at her own upbringing and her own understanding of the Gods as her people knew them. There was also a bit of sadness and anger in her voice.

While it is true the two can be used together, I don't like the sound of the two being used as the same being." Hope more than readily agreed with her guide.

"Since I am not home, I will try and refer to them as you say, in your language. I will respect Volmynr's name here."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Inglesh? I'm not familiar with that language. sorry." she answers apologetically. "But that kind of thing would probably be in with the older texts on the second floor."
David nodded quickly. "Thank you. Is there enough time for me to take a look? Where I come from, tours tend to like to keep moving once questions are done." He fidgeted shyly. "I mean... I can always come back later if not. Might be better for me to come back once I learn how to read anyway..."
Buster wrote:"Outsider magic? Your own guild would have better records of that sort of thing." Bekkail admits, shaking her head "I'll see what i can find for helping with his spells though."
"Believe me, I'm definitely going to be asking the guild for everything they have. I've got a long letter to write tonight." Kassalya said, nodding. "But it might take time for them to get back to me. I'll appreciate anything you might be able to provide."

Kassalya's tail curled slightly, and she rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "There's so many things we don't know about David. Even he doesn't know. Who at the school would know more about shifters? Or lightning magic?"
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:"Fantastic," Tom said, flipping through a few pages in his notebook, stopping on a sketched picture of a flower. "First question, do you have any flowers that look like this?" He held up the sketch for the ethereal to see, "Aconite in my world. Very poisonous, blueish to violet in color, maybe even yellow. Alternatively, if you know of any plants that look like shrubs, green berries that ripen to a smooth, shiny black and are also poisonous, that would be helpful too." He flipped the page in his notebook, showing the frog a picture of the second plant.
The frog sat there patiently... a little surprised by how easy the questions were for the etherial to answer. "I can do more than tell you where they are. If you give me a large enough amount of materials to work with, I can just make some of it for you."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I, uh- oh, really? Well... I suppose that would work too." The wolf stared at the ethereal in silence for a few seconds before resuming his train of thought, "I guess that solves the problem of running out of this medication. In any case, I am indebted to you for your assistance. I assume we are to meet again some time later today? After the tour and supper are over?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:"I, uh- oh, really? Well... I suppose that would work too." The wolf stared at the ethereal in silence for a few seconds before resuming his train of thought, "I guess that solves the problem of running out of this medication. In any case, I am indebted to you for your assistance. I assume we are to meet again some time later today? After the tour and supper are over?
A sliver of power seemed to crawl up Kero's back as he the mortal said he was in their debt... and he got curious. "Possibly... though if you don't have a partner of your own, I could just become your partner. I get to have an easier time to climb on books, and you immediately get what you need. Sounds like a good deal to me"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"I would consider Altine to be far from a artisan and more of a performer of the arts, clever tricks and misdirection? There can be considered an art to the performance of theatre but it is not the note of a song, nor a foot to the step of the dance. It is a different stage." She mused at her own upbringing and her own understanding of the Gods as her people knew them. There was also a bit of sadness and anger in her voice.

While it is true the two can be used together, I don't like the sound of the two being used as the same being." Hope more than readily agreed with her guide.

"Since I am not home, I will try and refer to them as you say, in your language. I will respect Volmynr's name here."
"One would think we'd be able to keeps straight who does what wouldn't you? it's not like they dont regularly create herritors to speak for them..." she comments.
CyberDragon wrote:David nodded quickly. "Thank you. Is there enough time for me to take a look? Where I come from, tours tend to like to keep moving once questions are done." He fidgeted shyly. "I mean... I can always come back later if not. Might be better for me to come back once I learn how to read anyway..."
"Ah, actually i should probably gather up the ones that had wandered off. I'm supposed to show all of you the dorms and the common areas of the main tower as well." she admits, looking around and noticing she presently only has about eight of the thirty five students from the group. the rest having scattered about the library, and two praying at the shrine.
CyberDragon wrote:"Believe me, I'm definitely going to be asking the guild for everything they have. I've got a long letter to write tonight." Kassalya said, nodding. "But it might take time for them to get back to me. I'll appreciate anything you might be able to provide."

Kassalya's tail curled slightly, and she rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "There's so many things we don't know about David. Even he doesn't know. Who at the school would know more about shifters? Or lightning magic?"
"Shifters aren't all that common, i'll have to ask the other faculty. But for types, Tarsos is primarily a fire user and occasionally dables with lightning, and Naquil, Professor Verek, specializes in lightning. You might try them." the larger serpent explained, before taking a moment to turn to another student ad have them gather up those that had wandered off.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hmm," Thomas scratched at his chin, "As long as you're present when I need more, feel free to sleep whenever. Though there are some caveats we will more than likely come across with this pairing. But, as it is, the terms sound good to me." One of his ears twisted in the direction of Instructor Bekkail. He extended a handpaw, hoping to receive something resembling a handshake. "I believe I hear the tutor speaking of moving on, shall you accompany me or do you wish to sleep here for the time being?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Ah, actually i should probably gather up the ones that had wandered off. I'm supposed to show all of you the dorms and the common areas of the main tower as well." she admits, looking around and noticing she presently only has about eight of the thirty five students from the group. the rest having scattered about the library, and two praying at the shrine.
David nodded and fell back in line with the other students. He wasn't sure if the crowd of eight was better or worse than the crowd of thirty five. On one hand, there were fewer people staring at him. On the other hand, he stuck out a lot more in the smaller group, and so basically everybody in that group who hadn't met him yet was staring at him. A rather massive Minotaur-like person leaned to the side and started whispering to one of the Laurae students, pointing a thumb at the human.

David's eyes flashed quite literally as the storm crackled within him from his annoyance.
Buster wrote:"Shifters aren't all that common, i'll have to ask the other faculty. But for types, Tarsos is primarily a fire user and occasionally dables with lightning, and Naquil, Professor Verek, specializes in lightning. You might try them." the larger serpent explained, before taking a moment to turn to another student ad have them gather up those that had wandered off.

"Thank you, professor. I'll be sure to speak with them when I can." Kassalya said, letting the teacher get to rounding up the students. She glided over across the floor to David.

"Just ignore them, David." She said with a friendly smile.
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Buster wrote:"Naquil Verek." The teacher introduced himself, returning the gesture. "and Aiming such spells that precisely is just a matter of practice, though i'd recommend that practice be done in an open space. getting stuck half way inside things because of a miss can be unpleasant." he laughs at that, bringing fen over to the other students in his group. "I know it's not the same as back home, but these catfolk are surprisingly good cooks."
"I don't doubt it! Not to discredit my Ma's own food. But all we really only had the animals and plants in the surrounding woods to work with. Since I've traveled down here there's been such a variety of flavorful food that well, to be honest I can't quite remember them all. I'm just glad I've been provided the coin to indulge at least a little bit." Fen chuckled sitting down next to the wolf.

"As for learning how to jump from one spot to another, I probably have a ways to go. Me and Vi we- ah, Vi. I'm not sure if I've mentioned her yet. She's a friend of mine, arguably my best, and so happens to be the etherial I found myself with. Anyways, neither or us have any formal training in the... magical arts. But we have experimented in some ways, tried some things. Vi usually tells me what I need to do when it comes to that kind of stuff, and when things do come naturally it more of a feel instead of a know, you know? I'd umm, I'd show you what we can do but..." The white canine paused to look around the dining hall, half hoping to spot his metallic friend, "It seems, my better half is... well. Somewhere else at the moment."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Dusk was easily shadowing his fellow ethereal's every move, both literally and figuratively. Easily blending in with the shadows, he followed her under the door and even outside into the hall. "Miss Yum- yeah something like that. I wasn't really paying attention. Smells like cooking...you think that's worth checking out or do you think we'll draw too much attention." Dusk admitted.
"Well, I think of either one of us should try to sneak around it's probably you. All cool smokey and dark and stuff. But ahh, priority one. Find a way out of here. Then we can figure out where this place is, and start making our way back." Vi's fuzzy figure pointed over to the stairwell. "Looks like a lot of the noise is coming from there. Wanna go scout it out? I'll be right behind you."

Ref Ref!
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Buster wrote: "One would think we'd be able to keeps straight who does what wouldn't you? it's not like they dont regularly create herritors to speak for them..." she comments.
"Wouldn't you think so? I've often wanted to meet a herritor, of most any of the gods, just to hear what they have to say. Even the trickster god Volymr's words are worth heading. I would imagine being a herritor would be a great responsibility though. I couldn't imagine it." Hope replied as she had learned to respect all the gods from an early age, even if she didn't agree with each of their philosphy she admired all of them.
Roarin wrote: "Well, I think of either one of us should try to sneak around it's probably you. All cool smokey and dark and stuff. But ahh, priority one. Find a way out of here. Then we can figure out where this place is, and start making our way back." Vi's fuzzy figure pointed over to the stairwell. "Looks like a lot of the noise is coming from there. Wanna go scout it out? I'll be right behind you."
"You really think I'm cool?" He said before puffing out his chest and walking towards the stairwell with a bit of, dare we say pride in his step. "Say no more. Just try and keep up, no pun intended." Dusk said cheekily as he indeed used the shadows he find on the stairwell, merging with them from time to time, his beedy red eyes looking for clues as to what each step went up. He was careful to keep his shadow silhouette inside the shadow when surveying each level of stairs as he went.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gameb18oy wrote:A sliver of power seemed to crawl up Kero's back as he the mortal said he was in their debt... and he got curious. "Possibly... though if you don't have a partner of your own, I could just become your partner. I get to have an easier time to climb on books, and you immediately get what you need. Sounds like a good deal to me"
Deske wrote:"Hmm," Thomas scratched at his chin, "As long as you're present when I need more, feel free to sleep whenever. Though there are some caveats we will more than likely come across with this pairing. But, as it is, the terms sound good to me." One of his ears twisted in the direction of Instructor Bekkail. He extended a handpaw, hoping to receive something resembling a handshake. "I believe I hear the tutor speaking of moving on, shall you accompany me or do you wish to sleep here for the time being?"
Kero would know that now that each of them have put their terms on the table, answering the gesture would seal their pact. The ethereal would feel the bond already partially formed, ready, but ultimately the decision was theirs...
CyberDragon wrote:On the other hand, he stuck out a lot more in the smaller group, and so basically everybody in that group who hadn't met him yet was staring at him. A rather massive Minotaur-like person leaned to the side and started whispering to one of the Laurae students, pointing a thumb at the human.

David's eyes flashed quite literally as the storm crackled within him from his annoyance.

"Just ignore them, David." She said with a friendly smile.
The feline the bull had been talking to giggles, staring at david, another next to them letting out a shocked gasp. they quiet down a bit though as Bekkail returns with the students who had been at the shrine and starts taking a headcount as the others trickle in.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"Wouldn't you think so? I've often wanted to meet a herritor, of most any of the gods, just to hear what they have to say. Even the trickster god Volymr's words are worth heading. I would imagine being a herritor would be a great responsibility though. I couldn't imagine it." Hope replied as she had learned to respect all the gods from an early age, even if she didn't agree with each of their philosphy she admired all of them.
as she waits for the last few to show Bekkail, nods with what her student is saying, though she's a bit distracted from trying to continue the conversation.

-----
Roarin wrote:"I don't doubt it! Not to discredit my Ma's own food. But all we really only had the animals and plants in the surrounding woods to work with. Since I've traveled down here there's been such a variety of flavorful food that well, to be honest I can't quite remember them all. I'm just glad I've been provided the coin to indulge at least a little bit." Fen chuckled sitting down next to the wolf.
the food laid out is a mix of traditional laurian fare, various smoked meats seasoned both with local and imported flavors, and cold weather fruit from the woodlands of this part of the world dominating the selection, though there are a few items from elsewhere. most of the students have picked out their favorites by now, but there's still some selection left, as for places to sit, a deerlike doe pahre shifts down the bench a bit to make room.
Roarin wrote:"As for learning how to jump from one spot to another, I probably have a ways to go. Me and Vi we- ah, Vi. I'm not sure if I've mentioned her yet. She's a friend of mine, arguably my best, and so happens to be the etherial I found myself with. Anyways, neither or us have any formal training in the... magical arts. But we have experimented in some ways, tried some things. Vi usually tells me what I need to do when it comes to that kind of stuff, and when things do come naturally it more of a feel instead of a know, you know? I'd umm, I'd show you what we can do but..." The white canine paused to look around the dining hall, half hoping to spot his metallic friend, "It seems, my better half is... well. Somewhere else at the moment."
"so you have talent, but lack training. certainly sounds like you're in the right place." he says with a laugh, some of the students echoing him. grabbing one of the leathery yellow fruit from the table and digging into it with a claw he starts cutting out a chunk of the soft pink material inside and munching on it before stopping to add. "But don't expect me to go easy on you. High potential means high expectations."

"They do that sometimes. they are beings with their own desires after all."
he points out with a shrug, when the subject shift's to vi's absence.

"you're lucky to already have one." one of the other students points out, murmers of agreement coming from several other students.

-----
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Dusk was easily shadowing his fellow ethereal's every move, both literally and figuratively. Easily blending in with the shadows, he followed her under the door and even outside into the hall. "Miss Yum- yeah something like that. I wasn't really paying attention. Smells like cooking...you think that's worth checking out or do you think we'll draw too much attention." Dusk admitted.
Roarin wrote:"Well, I think of either one of us should try to sneak around it's probably you. All cool smokey and dark and stuff. But ahh, priority one. Find a way out of here. Then we can figure out where this place is, and start making our way back." Vi's fuzzy figure pointed over to the stairwell. "Looks like a lot of the noise is coming from there. Wanna go scout it out? I'll be right behind you."
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"You really think I'm cool?" He said before puffing out his chest and walking towards the stairwell with a bit of, dare we say pride in his step. "Say no more. Just try and keep up, no pun intended." Dusk said cheekily as he indeed used the shadows he find on the stairwell, merging with them from time to time, his beedy red eyes looking for clues as to what each step went up. He was careful to keep his shadow silhouette inside the shadow when surveying each level of stairs as he went.
downstairs is best described as a cafe, right now serving mostly breakfast fare. right at the base of the stairs, the inkeeper they saw earlier is manning a desk that has the gylphs for 'rooms for rent' on it. he seems relaxed, not really paying much attention, probably knowing that he'll have mostly customers leaving at this hour than arriving.

in the cafe beyond, are perhaps a dozen beings, and a selection of foods. A feline in travel gear, just finishing up and heading out as they come down.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:The feline the bull had been talking to giggles, staring at david, another next to them letting out a shocked gasp. they quiet down a bit though as Bekkail returns with the students who had been at the shrine and starts taking a headcount as the others trickle in.
David shot them a flashing glare, but didn't say anything. He rubbed his hands nervously, waiting for the tour to move on. Electric charge built up between his hands, and small sparks shot between them as he did so.

Noticing this, Kassalya put a hand on his shoulder, somewhat thankful his weird clothes kept the sparks from zapping her. "You'll be fine, David. It's only natural for people to stare. You're probably the most interesting person here. I'd be highly skeptical if any of these guys claimed to have ever seen a human before." She leaned a bit closer to him and whispered in his ear. "Though my advice? Stop looking like you're trying to vanish from the physical plane through a portal in your hood. It's just making you stand out more." She pulled back from him and gave him a pat on the back.

David glanced once more at the gossiping students. After a moment, he sighed and tried to force himself to relax. He took several deep breaths, and felt the buzzing static in his head dissipate slightly. David took note of this effect calming down had on his powers for future reference as he waited for the crowd to gather again. At the very least, his eyes were no longer flashing blue.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:"Hmm," Thomas scratched at his chin, "As long as you're present when I need more, feel free to sleep whenever. Though there are some caveats we will more than likely come across with this pairing. But, as it is, the terms sound good to me." One of his ears twisted in the direction of Instructor Bekkail. He extended a handpaw, hoping to receive something resembling a handshake. "I believe I hear the tutor speaking of moving on, shall you accompany me or do you wish to sleep here for the time being?"
He smiled, and with a simple handshake the deal was struck... a sudden surge of magic flowed between them. Kero felt his body growing more dense and heavier, while Thomas felt a rush of nature magic entering his body. Within seconds they became partners. Kero was quick to get to the heart of the matter... though he seemed pleased by the fact that as he walked now, he didn't have to worry about slipping through things he rested on. "So, tell me which thing I should make for you first." He was climbing up the wolf's arm as he asked, wordlessly deciding his fluffy fur looked more comfortable than the books.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas blinked and took a deep breath to steady himself as the foreign magic flowed through his body. As he felt it intermingle with what little innate magic he had inside him, his first instinct was to lash out at the creature that was currently the source of the magical imbalance, but he steadied the tremble in his handpaw with a few more calm breaths. "My apologies, it's more of a tonight sort of ordeal. Making this potion requires-" he paused to stifle a growl that was rising in the back of his throat. "Sorry, that's something of an, er, instinctual reaction," he said, looking somewhat ashamed. "A-Anyway, it requires precise timing. As for materials, will any organic matter do or do you need specific types?" With his questions out in the open he began heading downstairs back to the tour group.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:Thomas blinked and took a deep breath to steady himself as the foreign magic flowed through his body. As he felt it intermingle with what little innate magic he had inside him, his first instinct was to lash out at the creature that was currently the source of the magical imbalance, but he steadied the tremble in his handpaw with a few more calm breaths. "My apologies, it's more of a tonight sort of ordeal. Making this potion requires-" he paused to stifle a growl that was rising in the back of his throat. "Sorry, that's something of an, er, instinctual reaction," he said, looking somewhat ashamed. "A-Anyway, it requires precise timing. As for materials, will any organic matter do or do you need specific types?" With his questions out in the open he began heading downstairs back to the tour group.
Now that he'd seen the signs, Kero could take a good guess at what the wolf's problem was. "... You're more in control of yourself than most lycanthropes I've seen in my life, honestly just thought you were a regular wolf when I first saw you... what you look like when not transformed? Also, any organic material will work, but the nature of my magic makes it easier to turn a plant into another plant, so keep that in mind if you were planning to make me turn a steak into potion materials."