Non-HPU: Jade Star Academy

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Jade Star Academy

Post by Deske »

"Ah, well, David and I were introducing ourselves to each other," Thomas said with another well-mannered smile. "You seem a bit worked up though, so I'm sure whatever you have to say is probably important."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:56 pm Thomas took a half-step back as Kassalya set David between them, not just because of David's discomfort, but also because of his own slight discomfort. "Well, it's nice to meet you David," he says, carefully extended a handpaw towards him. "I know I don't look it right now, but I am also a human. An...affliction...has taken that shape from me. Anyway," he said, broaching the subject of lycanthropy before immediately shifting gears, "You said 'Proximite'. Assuming that this isn't on Earth, then where do you come from?"
"So... you're a werewolf then? Super..." David mumbled under his breath, wondering what cosmic force decided to plop his squishy human self in this world. He continued though, figuring Thomas hadn't done anything to give David reason not to trust him. He shrugged. "A Proximite is someone from Proxima Centauri B. You know the Centaurus constellation? The brightest star in it is called Alpha Centauri. It's actually a Binary Star, or two stars closely orbiting each other. Close to that is Proxima Centauri. Proxima Centauri is a star a little to the South West of Alpha Centauri. Proxima Centauri B is a planet orbiting the Proxima Centauri star. I live there." David tried to explain, but he had a feeling he may have only confused everyone more. Given the somewhat blank and glazed over look in Kass's eyes, he at the very least confused her it seemed. Despite that, she did have her notebook out and was taking notes as best as she could.
Roarin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:18 am "Feeeeen! Feeeen?"

Vi slowly descends down, floating over to one of the towers as she calls out. Mmh, at this point Fen could really be anywhere... poking her head into one of the buildings she lets out a relived gasp when she sees a few familiar faces.

"David! Kass!" She floats over in a cloud that slowly coalesces into a fuzzy silhouette. "Thank the gods I found you guys, I have been having one heck of a time since I got here... I went through this teleportation circle and then me and Dusk got lost and we were in this sort of tavern across the town but we have nooo idea how we got there and..." She stopped to catch her breath, only to notice Thomas's outstretched hand,

"Ah, sorry... was I interuppting something?"
David jumped slightly at the sudden appearance of the Ethereal, and a spark of electricity jumped across his eyes, causing them to literally flash.

Kassalya wasn't as phased. "Hi again, Vi! Sounds like you two had an adventure! David was just telling us where he's from. Humans like him are native to Earth if my research is correct, but David's not from Earth apparently."
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:32 pm Sylas was initially quite excited by the mention of the explorer's guild. "The explorers guild?! How exciting!" But was quickly cut off as Keith and David's conversation absolutely confused her. "A-and I thought I traveled far. Hah..."

Sinbel leaned next to his charge and chuckled, "You don't comprehend all of what they're saying, do you?" The ethereal said, closely watching the conversation before him.

Sylas simply glared at her seemingly glass made companion and shushed him.
"Don't worry. I barely understood it. What I understand from it is that David's grandparents left their planet to travel across the stars which is FASCINATING!" Kass said with a child-like enthusiasm.

- - - - -
Gael wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:56 am Snow takes a deep breath to calm his nerves, this Kigrei Rou seems rather important, and not just because they’re normally rare. Snow taps him on the shoulder, or rather, attempts to, but ends up vaguely waving his hand through it
Despite not making actual contact, it's hard not to notice when what amounts to a ghost made of ice passes through one's shoulder.

Bekkail shivered and turned to Snow. "Ah... Can I help you?" she asked.

----------------------
Roarin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:18 amFen'rus nods, waving back at Ferros before following after the group.
CyberDragon wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:46 pm
Roarin wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:39 amFen'rus waved back, happy for the meal as well as the friendly company. He followed after Naquil, trailing along the back of the group in hopes that maybe he could stop Vi if he ever came across her...
Verek marched up the stairs, his robes billowing slightly behind him as he went. At each level of the staircase, which seemed to spiral up the center of the tower, doors branched off in each direction. North, South, East, and West. "Now... Each of these doors leads to a hall where the different classrooms are. The floors are organized by Element, and the wings are organized by the type of magic being taught. Channeling, Shaping, Calling, and Advanced..." He explained.
Naquil Verek continued speaking without missing a beat. "The Alchemy labs are in some of the spare cellars under this central tower. Please be cautious during your lessons and don't blow anything up. Those labs are near the food cellars, and I do not wish to be picking bits of student out of my evening pie." he said, not really being clear if he was speaking from experience, and he moved on without waiting for questions. "Professor Salhleel has said the moisture in the cellars helps preserve many of the ingredients." Verek shrugged.

"The top floor of this tower is dedicated to the archamgus' office and to the castle battlements used to defend the city in times of war." The wolf explained, leaving a pause for people to ask questions.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Super indeed..." Thomas replied, before whipping out his own small notebook as David began rattling off information about constellations and stars. He scribbled down what David had said, drew small diagrams based on what he had described, including the constellation Centaurus, it's stars and their planets. "Alright so I know what Centaurus is. But where did you come up with the names for these stars? A-and how did you find planets around them? Surely they're too small to see with telescopes. I mean you can barely make out Mars with a lawn one and the large ones barely make out Jupiter or Neptune. Oh and what about this," he said, gesturing to the drawing of Proxima Centauri B he had made and the notes of its peoples naming convention next to it, "How did your grandparents get there? Was it magic? Did they choose to stop calling themselves Earthlings or did their government give them a new designation when they found out they had traveled there?"
Gael

Post by Gael »

CyberDragon wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:59 pm Despite not making actual contact, it's hard not to notice when what amounts to a ghost made of ice passes through one's shoulder.

Bekkail shivered and turned to Snow. "Ah... Can I help you?" she asked.
”Well, you see, I was wondering if there was maybe...a way to enroll in this school. I know I’m extremely late so it’s fine if I can’t. I just figured if anyone knew a way it would be you, cause you seem rather important...” Snow continues to ramble for a bit, someone should probably stop him
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Sylas was only further confused as she tried to really understand Thomas' and David's conversation, before turning back to Kass, "I'd hate for my family to hear all o' this. They'd probably try and invent their own way to the stars if they thought there's a market out there."

Sinbel hummed at the idea. "They probably would."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:51 pm "Super indeed..." Thomas replied, before whipping out his own small notebook as David began rattling off information about constellations and stars. He scribbled down what David had said, drew small diagrams based on what he had described, including the constellation Centaurus, it's stars and their planets. "Alright so I know what Centaurus is. But where did you come up with the names for these stars? A-and how did you find planets around them? Surely they're too small to see with telescopes. I mean you can barely make out Mars with a lawn one and the large ones barely make out Jupiter or Neptune. Oh and what about this," he said, gesturing to the drawing of Proxima Centauri B he had made and the notes of its peoples naming convention next to it, "How did your grandparents get there? Was it magic? Did they choose to stop calling themselves Earthlings or did their government give them a new designation when they found out they had traveled there?"
"Proxima Centauri is Latin. It means "nearest of Centaurus" and it's the closest star to the sun in the Alpha Centauri System. Proxima Centauri B is the closest to the star. The star itself I believe is Proxima Centauri A. We discovered the planet almost a thousand years ago in 2016 by using the radial velocity method. Basically, we realized that the star was wobbling slightly, which meant that something had to be orbiting it in order to exert a gravitational force on the star to cause that wobbling. Newton's laws, and all." David explained, no doubt loosing everyone along the way. He was used to it. Even among the space people, David was always the biggest nerd of them all. "We confirmed it's existence using Very Large Telescopes. VERY Large Telescopes. We determined the nature of the planet by sending a series of probes and rovers to where we thought it was. We spent a couple hundred years juicing up the star and terraforming the planet, and my Grandparents left for the colony using a large colony ship specifically designed to propel itself through the vacuum of space." David finished the explanation, clearly having over-explained everything given the glazed-over looks of some of the people eavesdropping.
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:16 pm Sylas was only further confused as she tried to really understand Thomas' and David's conversation, before turning back to Kass, "I'd hate for my family to hear all o' this. They'd probably try and invent their own way to the stars if they thought there's a market out there."

Sinbel hummed at the idea. "They probably would."
Kass blinked a few times, apparently having been completely lost by David's explanation as she had a half-written passage on her notebook when the human finished. "H-huh?" She glanced back over to Sylas. "Oh. Well, we've already got a way to visit other worlds. The portals! We just don't know which version David's planet to send him back to. We haven't been there."

- - - - -
Gael wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:52 pm ”Well, you see, I was wondering if there was maybe...a way to enroll in this school. I know I’m extremely late so it’s fine if I can’t. I just figured if anyone knew a way it would be you, cause you seem rather important...” Snow continues to ramble for a bit, someone should probably stop him
"Please, calm down. I am afraid I am not sure how you joining as a student would work... Etherials do not physically have the ability to preform certain tasks that would be required on their own... However, you may stick with our group for now and speak with some of the others. When our tour is over, we will be holding a ceremony where the students will attempt to partner with Ethereals. You will be able to choose a partner then." Bekkail explained. "Choose wisely. Once you pick a partner, you will be partners for life. As such, I suggest you speak to some of the students and get to know them."
-Champion Motto

Gael

Post by Gael »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:50 pm "Please, calm down. I am afraid I am not sure how you joining as a student would work... Etherials do not physically have the ability to preform certain tasks that would be required on their own... However, you may stick with our group for now and speak with some of the others. When our tour is over, we will be holding a ceremony where the students will attempt to partner with Ethereals. You will be able to choose a partner then." Bekkail explained. "Choose wisely. Once you pick a partner, you will be partners for life. As such, I suggest you speak to some of the students and get to know them."
”Ok got it, I’ll see who I can find, thank you so much” he says leaving to go look around for anyone who looks easy to talk to
Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas began scribbling notes down almost as fast as David was speaking. He carefully recorded everything, deciding not to think too hard about them as he wrote. "Okay so you used... Magic?" He raised an eyebrow at the lack of information he had on the radial velocity method, ""O-or maybe you saw it with... other telescopes... anyway, you saw it wobbling and using Sir Isaac Newton's laws of gravitation you deduced that there had to be another massive planetary body. So you looked for it with even larger telescopes. Then you sent ships to it." He paused to reread his notes. "Amazing. Simply incredible. I can't believe we'll send people to other planets in the 2000's. I won't be around to see it, of course, but it's just incredible," Thomas said, positively bubbling with excitement.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Sylas blinked at Kass in return for a moment, as if fumbling in her mind for a response. "Y-yeah, true, I guess. Just meant there's probably lots of restrictions and stuff with the official portals they'd want to avoid. Probably."

"One world is confusing enough, anyway, I say." Said Sinbel.

Sylas couldn't help but nod in agreement with her partner.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

CyberDragon wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:59 pm "The top floor of this tower is devoted to the Observatory. Much can be learned from studying the stars, particularly if you are hoping to get into the Explorer's guild later in life. These stars can, of course, be used for navigation on our own soil, but their use is equally important in transportation magic, such as portals and teleportation." The wolf explained, leaving a pause for people to ask questions.
Fen'rus did raise his hand at this. "So... how do you get into the Explorer's Guild after all this? Do they have a special picking process you have to go through?" The canine asked curiously. He'd heard of them being mentioned more than once before, and traveling the world didn't seem like such a terrible job, he'd already traveled pretty far to get here."So... how do you get into the Explorer's Guild after all this?"
--------------------------------------------------------
Viriathus meanwhile had grown silent as she listened to the group talk about different planets and this place called Earth or whatever and there was this Newton guy she had no idea about... she shook her head, shaking herself out of a long stupor. "Guh... a-anyways! My original point! Have you guys seen Fen around? I kinda got separated from him before everything started. And... where did everyone go by the way? There were a lot more students around if I remember correctly..."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bekkail shakes her head, chuckling lightly as she watches him weave through the small-ish crowd. a few of the more perceptive students taking notice of a presence nearby. the group she was leading arriving at the hall shortly after.
Roarin wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:41 am"Guh... a-anyways! My original point! Have you guys seen Fen around? I kinda got separated from him before everything started. And... where did everyone go by the way? There were a lot more students around if I remember correctly..."
...minus a few stranglers it seems. mentioning to the hall staff to keep the students here, she backtracks to find david and company.

-----

"Skill at either map making, survival, or discretely studying outsiders, mostly. You'd have to ask someone affiliated with the guild for specifics though." Verek answered promptly, seeming to appreciate a practical question, if his disinterested answers to some of the inane ones the other students asked after were anything to go by.

Once they're actually in the observatory, the comparatively shorter spires of the other towers can be seen as well as the various practice fields down below.
Last edited by Buster on Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gael wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:13 pm ”Ok got it, I’ll see who I can find, thank you so much” he says leaving to go look around for anyone who looks easy to talk to
Snow would see the group including David, Kass, Sylas, Thomas, and the others up ahead, discussing things he likely wouldn't understand, but that possibly sound interesting.
Deske wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:42 pm Thomas began scribbling notes down almost as fast as David was speaking. He carefully recorded everything, deciding not to think too hard about them as he wrote. "Okay so you used... Magic?" He raised an eyebrow at the lack of information he had on the radial velocity method, ""O-or maybe you saw it with... other telescopes... anyway, you saw it wobbling and using Sir Isaac Newton's laws of gravitation you deduced that there had to be another massive planetary body. So you looked for it with even larger telescopes. Then you sent ships to it." He paused to reread his notes. "Amazing. Simply incredible. I can't believe we'll send people to other planets in the 2000's. I won't be around to see it, of course, but it's just incredible," Thomas said, positively bubbling with excitement.
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:53 pm Sylas blinked at Kass in return for a moment, as if fumbling in her mind for a response. "Y-yeah, true, I guess. Just meant there's probably lots of restrictions and stuff with the official portals they'd want to avoid. Probably."

"One world is confusing enough, anyway, I say." Said Sinbel.

Sylas couldn't help but nod in agreement with her partner.
Roarin wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:41 am Viriathus meanwhile had grown silent as she listened to the group talk about different planets and this place called Earth or whatever and there was this Newton guy she had no idea about... she shook her head, shaking herself out of a long stupor. "Guh... a-anyways! My original point! Have you guys seen Fen around? I kinda got separated from him before everything started. And... where did everyone go by the way? There were a lot more students around if I remember correctly..."
"He split from the group to go with a different one, and... Ah! We lost the group!" Kass yelped when she realized she couldn't find where Bekkail and the rest of the group went.
Buster wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:37 pm Bekkail shakes her head, chuckling lightly as she watches him weave through the small-ish crowd. a few of the more perceptive students taking notice of a presence nearby. the group she was leading arriving at the hall shortly after.

...minus a few stranglers it seems. mentioning to the hall staff to keep the students here, she backtracks to find david and company.
...Followed by a sigh of relief when she sees the professor headed their way. "Ah! There she is!"

David, who had also started to panic when he realized the group moved on without them, started apologizing to the professor. "Sorry, professor! We got a little... distracted."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas hadn't really begun to panic yet, mostly because he hadn't really stopped writing down notes and gushing over this new information to discover that they'd been left behind. "Uh, ah, yes. Our apologies for straying behind," he said, his confusion giving way to understanding as he realized that the professor had needed to backtrack to find them.
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

"We're back!" Dusk said excitedly as the shadow ethereal looked back at Hope who had just made it by his side.

She had just caught up to the group with David and the others, as she looked more annoyed than anything else.

"Sorry Professor, I was waiting on my ethereal to return. It seems my friend Dusk here got distracted with something at the training field. I hope I didn't miss anything." Hope apologized to the professor.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

she initially seems a bit amused at their reactions to being separated from the group, trying her best not to chuckle at thomas's moment of confusion, and got a few syllables into saying 'That's alright', before a certain sneaky ethereal made her nearly jump out of her skin with an exclamation out of nowhere.

"Please don't sneak up on me like that..." she pleads.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:54 am "We're back!" Dusk said excitedly as the shadow ethereal looked back at Hope who had just made it by his side.

She had just caught up to the group with David and the others, as she looked more annoyed than anything else.

"Sorry Professor, I was waiting on my ethereal to return. It seems my friend Dusk here got distracted with something at the training field. I hope I didn't miss anything." Hope apologized to the professor.
Buster wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:44 am she initially seems a bit amused at their reactions to being separated from the group, trying her best not to chuckle at thomas's moment of confusion, and got a few syllables into saying 'That's alright', before a certain sneaky ethereal made her nearly jump out of her skin with an exclamation out of nowhere.

"Please don't sneak up on me like that..." she pleads.
"Hey again, Hope!" Kass said cheerfully.

"We... Uh... we should get going." David said, Walking over to the professor and following closely behind her.
-Champion Motto

Gael

Post by Gael »

Snow follows the group, listening intently to the conversation their having even though he has no clue what it’s about, he’ll come up with what he’ll say if anyone acknowledges his presence in a bit
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah, good idea," Thomas says, following behind Bekkail. He increases his pace just enough to bring him in line with David. He leans over towards the human, "Hey, uh, could we continue this conversation later? Perhaps after dinner, I just have a few more questions." He glanced over at David expectantly, "-Uh if that's alright of course."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Now," The wolf turns to the students following him, "you're probably wondering how we're getting from here, to the training fields." as he speaks there's the subtlest hint of a smile creeping onto his face. the staff he's been using like a walking stick tapping against the floor as he speaks. though the more eagle eyed initiates might notice it's not in one spot, but in a small shape. the spots evenly spaced. there's a slight pause before he brings it down one last time in the center of where it had landed the previous times, causing a crackling globe of energy to encircle the students. "I thought a practical demonstration would be in order." the world outside the dome would blur a moment before the group would find themselves on a large field in the shadow of the main tower.

- - - - - -

Waving off several of the apologies, she guides the group back toards the others, commenting "It wouldn't be the first time a student or two has wandered off. though usually the groups are smaller and easier to keep track of." they would arrive at the meal hall just as she stopped speaking, rejoining the main group. Vi might be able to pick up that fen was here recently as well the different groups following the same path but staggered apart.

the food being brought out is largely meats and fruits, though prepared in a variety of ways. there's not much in the way of grains and basically nothing vegetative. to those native to this world, that wouldn't seem all that odd for the cats and lizzards to serve, but to the humans among the group it's probably a bit different.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:05 pm "Yeah, good idea," Thomas says, following behind Bekkail. He increases his pace just enough to bring him in line with David. He leans over towards the human, "Hey, uh, could we continue this conversation later? Perhaps after dinner, I just have a few more questions." He glanced over at David expectantly, "-Uh if that's alright of course."
"Huh? Oh... Um, sure. I guess that's fine..." David replied before continuing to follow the teacher.
Buster wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:24 am the food being brought out is largely meats and fruits, though prepared in a variety of ways. there's not much in the way of grains and basically nothing vegetative. to those native to this world, that wouldn't seem all that odd for the cats and lizzards to serve, but to the humans among the group it's probably a bit different.
David and Kass followed into the meal hall, with David sticking as close as he could to the teacher to avoid some of the students who were still staring at him. When they saw the arrangement, Kass looked upon the food with excitement and hunger. She went for a nearby platter of what looked like it could be bacon and sausages.

Meanwhile, David was looking a little uncomfortable. Even, perhaps, a bit green. The smell of cooked meat assailed his nostrils. To most, it would be quite a mouth-watering scent. To David, it was nauseating. The last time he smelled charred or cooked meat was when he first shifted into his plasma form... to some rather devestating results.

David was starting to turn visibly pale. His knees were shaking, and his breathing was getting heavy...
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas looked around at the spread of food. Normally the lack of vegetables and grains would give him pause for concern over a balanced diet but the overwhelming smell of meat that was currently invading his nostrils, and threatening to loosen the grip he was keeping on his humanity, was enough for him to ignore that thought. He took a hesitant step forward but the sound of heavy breathing and the smell of a human in distress pulled his attention away from the feast and towards David. Finding his thoughts drifting due to the combination of sounds and smells around him, Thomas withdrew a vial from his pocket and raised it to his mouth. He quickly drank the substance, biting back a curse at the acrid flavor and the subsequent pain that came along with it before turning back to David, "Are you alright? You look ill."
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Gael wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:50 pm Snow follows the group, listening intently to the conversation their having even though he has no clue what it’s about, he’ll come up with what he’ll say if anyone acknowledges his presence in a bit
Hope's ethereal, Dusk, decided to shift towards Snow. His red beady eyes looked at him up and down as darkness surrounded to form a canine silhouette. Dusk looked like a feral dog, albeit walking on four legs as he looked at Snow. "Hey, you look like a cool ethereal. What are you doing here? I thought many of the ethereals here were all partnered but yet..." Dusk looked around as if trying to spot someone that looked like could be the ethereal's partner.

"I don't see your partner anywhere...are they nearby?" The curious shadow ethereal asked.

-----

Hope meanwhile, seeing David not instantly go for food and the look of distress on his face she was about to go over and help when she noticed another student had went to talk to David. Not wishing to get in the way, and seeing nothing more she could do to help decided it was best to for a plate of food before her. There were many meats there that had reminded her of home but the noble Foxkin decided on choosing what looked to be a plate of some of the more homely fruits and some sausage.

She kept her ears open for her ethereal however, knowing her ethereal was great at stirring trouble.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:26 am Thomas looked around at the spread of food. Normally the lack of vegetables and grains would give him pause for concern over a balanced diet but the overwhelming smell of meat that was currently invading his nostrils, and threatening to loosen the grip he was keeping on his humanity, was enough for him to ignore that thought. He took a hesitant step forward but the sound of heavy breathing and the smell of a human in distress pulled his attention away from the feast and towards David. Finding his thoughts drifting due to the combination of sounds and smells around him, Thomas withdrew a vial from his pocket and raised it to his mouth. He quickly drank the substance, biting back a curse at the acrid flavor and the subsequent pain that came along with it before turning back to David, "Are you alright? You look ill."
David shook his head, his eyes still shut tight. "No... Feel sick..." he said.

Kass turned her head to look at him, a bit of bacon dangling out of her mouth and with food in each hand. Noticing his distress and knowing exactly what was happening, she quickly slurped up the bacon and set the rest of her food down. "Hang on, David! I'll be just a moment..." She quickly started grabbing some of the fruits on the table. She grabbed some that smelled a lot like citrus, there were a few berries, what looked like candied peaches, and an assortment of sweet-smelling herbs from some of the meat dishes. She combined them all in a bowl and started vigorously cutting and mashing them together into a powerfully fragrant paste. She rushed over to David, sliding along the ground like a sidewinder, before shoving the bowl under the human's nose.

David inhaled the sweet scent of the fruit. It was strong enough to disguise the smell of cooked meat in the room. Nodding in thanks, but still not opening his eyes, David took the bowl and held it under his nose. Steadily, his breathing slowed, and color started returning to his face. He opened his eyes, and steadily lowered himself onto one of the benches at the table, facing away from the food.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas tilted his head in a show of confusion as Kass shoved a bowl of mashed up fruits and spices under David's nose. He looked from the meats to David and back again, slowly settling on the idea that maybe David had an aversion to meat or maybe he was on that odd Pythagorean Diet he'd read about once. He took a minute to scrape some scraps of meat onto his own plate before sitting down across from David. "So, does the meat repulse you," he asked, hiding his own plate on the bench next to him. "Or do you partake in a diet of Pythagoras and your body has become repulsed by the sight or, I guess, the smell?" Thomas turned away from David, carefully hiding the link of sausage as he swallowed it.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:01 am Thomas tilted his head in a show of confusion as Kass shoved a bowl of mashed up fruits and spices under David's nose. He looked from the meats to David and back again, slowly settling on the idea that maybe David had an aversion to meat or maybe he was on that odd Pythagorean Diet he'd read about once. He took a minute to scrape some scraps of meat onto his own plate before sitting down across from David. "So, does the meat repulse you," he asked, hiding his own plate on the bench next to him. "Or do you partake in a diet of Pythagoras and your body has become repulsed by the sight or, I guess, the smell?" Thomas turned away from David, carefully hiding the link of sausage as he swallowed it.
David shook his head slowly. "Not meat... just burning meat. Cooking meat. It smells like..." He shook his head and didn't continue along that line of thinking. "I'm a vegetarian, if that's what you're asking. I don't eat meat. Something about man-eating aliens attacking your home... It has a way of putting you off of meat when you... see people being treated like meat." David shook his head and brought the bowl back up to his nose so he could drown the scents around him.

Meanwhile, Kass had moved over to the teacher and was trying to explain what just happened to her. "David has a... somewhat restricted diet. He seems to get sick around the smell of cooked meat. From what I've gathered from asking about it, it seems like it originated from something that happened when he first discovered his magic. I'm afraid I don't know more than that though."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Ah," Thomas said, awkwardly pausing to think about his phrasing. "I understand what you mean. From-" he shifted uncomfortably, "-from the other side. For the record, I'd stop too, but I, uh, still need it to survive," Thomas continued, nervously licking the side of his muzzle. He leaned back, carefully keeping another piece of meat out of David's line of sight. "So- so what was that about the smell of it? He quickly asked, failing to change the subject, "Y'know I've something that could help with that. I brewed it up to help control the urges. You only need to use it once and it takes away the sense of smell." He tried his best not to smile too widely, "There's a counter agent to it to return the sense to you! Maybe it's an alternative to having to smell fruit. Just a thought."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I..." David said, choking a bit. He tried not to think about the answer to "what was that about the smell?" as doing so was causing him to start to shake. Trying not to feel sick again, he continued talking. "...I... urk... I might... take you up on that..."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:42 am Meanwhile, Kass had moved over to the teacher and was trying to explain what just happened to her. "David has a... somewhat restricted diet. He seems to get sick around the smell of cooked meat. From what I've gathered from asking about it, it seems like it originated from something that happened when he first discovered his magic. I'm afraid I don't know more than that though."
"That... Is going to be a problem. the hunting grounds are, well, hunting grounds. They don't exactly produce much besides regular foods..." That admission seems to rather badly alarm Bekkail, as the serpent shifts uncomfortably while thinking. wondering to herself if Outsiders with odd eating habits was a common thing, and what they could feed him if he didn't eat normal food. "For that matter, what was he living off of when he stayed with you?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:27 am "That... Is going to be a problem. the hunting grounds are, well, hunting grounds. They don't exactly produce much besides regular foods..." That admission seems to rather badly alarm Bekkail, as the serpent shifts uncomfortably while thinking. wondering to herself if Outsiders with odd eating habits was a common thing, and what they could feed him if he didn't eat normal food. "For that matter, what was he living off of when he stayed with you?"
Kassalya shrugged. "Mostly the soft fruits we had, like the ones I just gave him, and sometimes eggs or milk for protein," she said. "He's also spent some time before we left for the academy testing out different kinds of nuts and roots, even some tall grasses and bark and stems. Basically, anything he saw prey and wild game eating, he tested it out himself. He found a few things he could eat, and one or two things that made him sick..." The snake shifted uncomfortably in much the similar way Bekkail did. "...Very sick, in one or two cases... That's why he only tried tiny amounts of things at first... But he did find some things he could eat. I think he wrote down a list."
-Champion Motto

Gael

Post by Gael »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:40 am Hope's ethereal, Dusk, decided to shift towards Snow. His red beady eyes looked at him up and down as darkness surrounded to form a canine silhouette. Dusk looked like a feral dog, albeit walking on four legs as he looked at Snow. "Hey, you look like a cool ethereal. What are you doing here? I thought many of the ethereals here were all partnered but yet..." Dusk looked around as if trying to spot someone that looked like could be the ethereal's partner.

"I don't see your partner anywhere...are they nearby?" The curious shadow ethereal asked.
”I don’t have a partner yet, I was hoping to find someone who doesn’t have one as well” he says chuckling sheepishly, ”maybe that was a mistake”
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Gael wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:52 pm ”I don’t have a partner yet, I was hoping to find someone who doesn’t have one as well” he says chuckling sheepishly, ”maybe that was a mistake”

"Well, maybe you don't have to..." Dusk said as he looked over at Hope who sitting down eating her assorted plate of meat and some fruits.

"That Fenrae over there is my partner Hope. A noble of the House Lidawn, and uh....whatever other title she's got going for her...why I'm sure if you'd love to join us if you can't find someone you like I think we would like you." Dusk mentioned, as he looked back at Snow, then back at Hope, then back at himself before realizing he never introduced himself.

"I'm Dusk, you must be uh....Icy, or something right? I mean if you want I can get you to meet her real quick?" Dusk offered.
Gael

Post by Gael »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:58 pm Well, maybe you don't have to..." Dusk said as he looked over at Hope who sitting down eating her assorted plate of meat and some fruits.

"That Fenrae over there is my partner Hope. A noble of the House Lidawn, and uh....whatever other title she's got going for her...why I'm sure if you'd love to join us if you can't find someone you like I think we would like you." Dusk mentioned, as he looked back at Snow, then back at Hope, then back at himself before realizing he never introduced himself.

"I'm Dusk, you must be uh....Icy, or something right? I mean if you want I can get you to meet her real quick?" Dusk offered.
”I’m Snow, it’s nice to meet youHe looks over at Hope, when he realizes what Dusk is asking he looks a bit shocked “B-but is that even possible, I mean having multiple partners is unheard of, and I also don’t wanna risk slowing anyone down, I’m sure you’re both wonderful people and I would like to get to know you both though”
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Gael wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:24 am ”I’m Snow, it’s nice to meet youHe looks over at Hope, when he realizes what Dusk is asking he looks a bit shocked “B-but is that even possible, I mean having multiple partners is unheard of, and I also don’t wanna risk slowing anyone down, I’m sure you’re both wonderful people and I would like to get to know you both though”
"People, or a noble foxkin with a good lookin ethereal by her side." Dusk said confidently before running over to Hope.

"Hope, hey Hope!" Hope was of course, busy eating down on a particularly good piece of sausage before Dusk had startled her causing to choke albeit an only minor inconvenience before she cleared her throat and looked down at the two ethereals, one she was familiar with and the other....she didn't quite know at all.

"I take it this is a friend of yours?" Hope asked Dusk, before looking back at Snow.

"You could say that, Snow this is my partner Hope. Isn't she cool?" Dusk asked, before looking back from Hope over towards Snow. Snow would see a white Foxkin in a weathered though obviously homemade cloak, she wore a pair of fingerless gloves, and a her blue eyes locked onto the ethereal.
Gael

Post by Gael »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:50 am "People, or a noble foxkin with a good lookin ethereal by her side." Dusk said confidently before running over to Hope.

"Hope, hey Hope!" Hope was of course, busy eating down on a particularly good piece of sausage before Dusk had startled her causing to choke albeit an only minor inconvenience before she cleared her throat and looked down at the two ethereals, one she was familiar with and the other....she didn't quite know at all.

"I take it this is a friend of yours?" Hope asked Dusk, before looking back at Snow.

"You could say that, Snow this is my partner Hope. Isn't she cool?" Dusk asked, before looking back from Hope over towards Snow. Snow would see a white Foxkin in a weathered though obviously homemade cloak, she wore a pair of fingerless gloves, and a her blue eyes locked onto the ethereal.
“N-nice to meet you, both of you seem pretty cool” He nervously looks away and chuckles sheepishly
Deske

Post by Deske »

"O-oh, fantastic! I didn't expect that you'd accept help from someone like me," Thomas said, his voice filled with excitement. "I've extra, but it'll take me a little time to transfer it to a cloth. I should be able to finish it up tonight and have it to you before breakfast tomorrow. But," he rummaged around in his pocket and pulled out a small roll of cloth which he hurriedly unfurled, revealing a dark stain across it. He pricked the pad on his index finger with a claw and pressed it to the cloth. "You can use mine for the time being." He waited for the blood droplet to disappear and for his finger to heal. "I made it a habit to keep the essentials in here," Thomas said as the blood drop soaked into the rag and vanished. He gripped the cloth, pulled, and as if materializing from the textile itself, a small square of fabric smeared with a dry yellow paste emerged from the stain on the fabric. "Normally this is used to hold small portions of ingredients for travel, but you can use it for other small things, like bits of cloth. Here," he held the small yellow cloth piece out to David, "Just hold it to your nose and inhale deeply. It'll smell bad at first but wears off after a few seconds. " With his other handpaw he rolled up the fabric and tucked it back into his pocket.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Uh..." David watched, looking greener than before, as Thomas bled on the rag. "Second thought... I think I'll pass..." The human fidgited and put the bowl of fruit back under his nose. "No offense, but I don't think I should be sniffing something you produced from your own Hemoglobin. Besides, blood magic... just sort of sounds like something I shouldn't be sticking on my face."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas raised an eyebrow, "Blood magic? This?" He gestured to the yellow cloth. "Oh, oh. No, so, okay," he managed to get out before lining up his thoughts. "I didn't make this with blood magic. This is made with a combination of various flower, fruit, and organic extracts. The other roll," he gestured to his pocket, "Is made using a different set of ingredients and brewing instructions. Y'know, alchemy, witchcraft, that sort of stuff. It's not called for often but occasionally lycanthrope blood is used as an ingredient or as a catalyst. Besides, It's not like it dries on the cloth of anything, it's absorbed by the ingredients and the trace magicka in it is what activates the paste," he says, continuing to hold out the yellow fabric. "I can guarantee this has no blood or animal ingredients in it. It wouldn't have worked if it did."
Gael

Post by Gael »

Deske wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:56 pm Thomas raised an eyebrow, "Blood magic? This?" He gestured to the yellow cloth. "Oh, oh. No, so, okay," he managed to get out before lining up his thoughts. "I didn't make this with blood magic. This is made with a combination of various flower, fruit, and organic extracts. The other roll," he gestured to his pocket, "Is made using a different set of ingredients and brewing instructions. Y'know, alchemy, witchcraft, that sort of stuff. It's not called for often but occasionally lycanthrope blood is used as an ingredient or as a catalyst. Besides, It's not like it dries on the cloth of anything, it's absorbed by the ingredients and the trace magicka in it is what activates the paste," he says, continuing to hold out the yellow fabric. "I can guarantee this has no blood or animal ingredients in it. It wouldn't have worked if it did."
Snow listens to the conversation curiously as he says what the cloth is made from, ”Cloth made from alchemy ingredients? This is the first I’ve heard of it,” he then realizes he butted into a conversation that had nothing to do with it”S-sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt or anything, I-I hope you don’t mind, I’ll go away now...”
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Well it's not the cloth thats-" Thomas stopped mid sentence and looked to the side at the new arrival to the conversation. "Oh, uh, hello. So," he began, picking up from where he left off, "Its not the cloth, it's the coating."
Gael

Post by Gael »

”Oh uh...my bad” he says before looking around Thomas for an etherial that might be this guy’s partner