Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Leafolawl

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Gameb18oy wrote:Scallop smiled. He latched onto this opportunity. "You mean the orange guys? You're not wrong about them being rare, but a few of them have showed up here before. Dad's mentioned he kept up a correspondence with one of them, maybe he can ask him to come around some time. They are really cool looking though, probably not be a bad fit for you if standing on two legs is something you can be okay without." He started to reach for some of the eggs next to the berries, figuring his dad would want him getting some protein alongside the sweets.
Champion Wallace wrote:Trent licks his cream colored lips and joins in. "I'm excited to evolve and be able to walk on two feet. Of course, there are other benefits as well." Trent looks down. "They say to treasure what you've got, but evolved Pokémon are so cool. It's not like I can do anything of substance like I am now..."
The Rockruff chuckles some. "Yeah, the 'orange guys.' I mean, I get how evolving is cool, it's just that there's an amount of pressure added when you have multiple evolved forms. For that reason, I do not envy Eevee." Following Scallop, Einar plucks a hard boiled egg to eat... "'Ill ha'h to ahsk yer dad how he desthided."

He then leans his head back and drops the whole egg further into his mouth so he can properly chew it up. After, he moves back to picking at the greens. "I kind of get what they mean though. I just don't think it can be wholly applied when talking about evolution."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Scallop smiled. He latched onto this opportunity. "You mean the orange guys? You're not wrong about them being rare, but a few of them have showed up here before. Dad's mentioned he kept up a correspondence with one of them, maybe he can ask him to come around some time. They are really cool looking though, probably not be a bad fit for you if standing on two legs is something you can be okay without." He started to reach for some of the eggs next to the berries, figuring his dad would want him getting some protein alongside the sweets.
Champion Wallace wrote:Trent licks his cream colored lips and joins in. "I'm excited to evolve and be able to walk on two feet. Of course, there are other benefits as well." Trent looks down. "They say to treasure what you've got, but evolved Pokémon are so cool. It's not like I can do anything of substance like I am now..."
The Rockruff chuckles some. "Yeah, the 'orange guys.' I mean, I get how evolving is cool, it's just that there's an amount of pressure added when you have multiple evolved forms. For that reason, I do not envy Eevee." Following Scallop, Einar plucks a hard boiled egg to eat... "'Ill ha'h to ahsk yer dad how he desthided."

He then leans his head back and drops the whole egg further into his mouth so he can properly chew it up. After, he moves back to picking at the greens. "I kind of get what they mean though. I just don't think it can be wholly applied when talking about evolution."
... Scallop looked over at the rattatta with a puzzled expression. "Two feet? ... don't raticate walk on all fours?"
He decided to ignore that little oddity as he turned back to Einar. "He always likes to say it was because he was too lazy to seek out stones, so that left him with just Sylveon, Umbreon, and Espeon as options... not sure why myself, he always tries to take a nap when I try and press further."

Atum's ears flicked, not unaware of the conversation his son was having, but figured there was no harm in letting them talk about evolution. Beat the time he had to give Scallop the talk about it, that was for certain.
CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum rolled his eyes. "You know the kids notice when we just stare at each other and just say nothing, if we talk, they are neither suspicious or worried... Are you sure he's the best person to reach out to? You know the very reason you're going to seek him out is why he wants to be left alone... I'd see if we can find his mother before you settle on seeking his assistance. Silly as she is, she's probably the one creature that even Arceus doesn't know everything about. I'm sure she may know some time to managing your other form."
I agree. She is no doubt more than powerful enough to do this. But you are also right in that only Arceus knows where she is at any given time. Hagane communicated to Atum. With the ability to teleport, turn invisible, or transform into anyone, it's nearly impossible to find her unless she wishes to be found.
Legotron123 wrote:Lance grumbled a bit as he took a bite out of a donut. While I do agree that she is quite powerful, she’s also rather..... energetic for her age. I’m not entirely convinced she’ll take the matter seriously. And given what happened the last time someone didn’t take guarding you seriously... He said, glancing over at the Charizard. He was definitely still mad about last night.
Her carefree attitude may be why she is the ideal person for the job... Hagane replied. She may be less affected by the veil than her 'son' would be.
Gameb18oy wrote:"She'll take it seriously if she sees how many younglings we have here." Atum began rubbing a temple on his forehead, a sign he was reaching his limit for telepathy. "Listen, we can always reach out to both. Might even be fun, how many guildmasters can show off they know people like that besides ourselves? Only reason I can see either of them refusing..." He seemed hesitant to keep speaking now that his words could be heard out in the air... but his teammates could likely guess it had to do with the subject of the spread of the Veil
"Agreed." Hagane said out loud, realizing that Atum was starting to hurt from the telepathy. "But we might only be able to reach one through the other. Our friend will be easier to find, ironically. We just have to point to the most remote, isolated, unexplored parts of the continent and search them for signs of intense psychic power. He's probably hiding out in the deepest, most difficult to access cave in the area. Even if he won't help, he'll be able to help us find his mother."
He gave a little smirk, all of them having gotten used to their friend's habits. "Not a lot of his ma in him besides the genetics, but I swear they both have a dramatic streak to them." He nodded, glad Hagane was keeping up on the subject of the veil. "Knowing him, there's a chance he's training just like you to try and combat it Hagane... which I hope I don't need to clarify what that might mean as well."
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:

... Scallop looked over at the rattatta with a puzzled expression. "Two feet? ... don't raticate walk on all fours?"
He decided to ignore that little oddity as he turned back to Einar. "He always likes to say it was because he was too lazy to seek out stones, so that left him with just Sylveon, Umbreon, and Espeon as options... not sure why myself, he always tries to take a nap when I try and press further."
"Er, I mean-" Trent says with none of the conviction he had a moment ago. "Wait, no. The Raticate I saw at the market was on two feat and using their hands. It's not my fault I haven't been around many Raticate before." Trent grumbles to himself. "I guess one way or another we'll find out eventually." By now Trent is back to having a cheery expression.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah, honestly I'm a little anxious just waiting for it. Ready to go out and see the world, in the day this time."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Atum started to walk off from his friends, figuring the fellow guild heads didn't need much more input, and expecting it be better if they all talked with the recruits... he looked over at his son and Einar, wondering if he should risk letting Einar know as much as he did about the pup's probably past... despite the idea of spending more time with his son appealed to him, he decided he'd best not show favoritism, and moved over to Kimera and T, figuring a fellow dark type would know the best way to talk to another. "Hope you two don't mind me joining you both for the rest of the meal, but Kimera's father is too serious to enjoy good food with on day's like this." He smirked as he grabbed a few roasted honeydew berries, tossing them in his maw before continuing. "So do you two mind telling me what you're talking about today?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

T gave Atum an untrusting side-eye as he ate, but otherwise didn't show any other signs of unease, "We were talking about what our first mission was going to be. I hope it'll be a search an rescue mission, cause I'm pretty good at tracking things down."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:T gave Atum an untrusting side-eye as he ate, but otherwise didn't show any other signs of unease, "We were talking about what our first mission was going to be. I hope it'll be a search an rescue mission, cause I'm pretty good at tracking things down."
Atum chuckled at that "if we have one, we'll consider it for you if it's not in a high risk dungeon. Though we mostly deal with tracking down pokemon that need to be reformed, retrieving lost items and treasures, and some oddjobs I can't tell you off the top of my head." He grabbed another chansey egg, dipping it in some tomato berry sauce, he already had some water prepped before taking a bite, well aware it was spicy. "Are you and Kimera considering forming a team? Not a bad choice if so" He turned to Kimera and scratched one of the kids ears. "He's got a bit of his father's talent for battle amongst other ones as well. Anyone here be lucky to have him."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:He gave a little smirk, all of them having gotten used to their friend's habits. "Not a lot of his ma in him besides the genetics, but I swear they both have a dramatic streak to them." He nodded, glad Hagane was keeping up on the subject of the veil. "Knowing him, there's a chance he's training just like you to try and combat it Hagane... which I hope I don't need to clarify what that might mean as well."
"He has the mental fortitude to train properly." Hagane said. "And to use certain tools properly. That's even assuming he has those tools in the first place." Hagane said. "For someone so powerful, he has surprisingly little interest in power."
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum chuckled at that "if we have one, we'll consider it for you if it's not in a high risk dungeon. Though we mostly deal with tracking down pokemon that need to be reformed, retrieving lost items and treasures, and some oddjobs I can't tell you off the top of my head." He grabbed another chansey egg, dipping it in some tomato berry sauce, he already had some water prepped before taking a bite, well aware it was spicy. "Are you and Kimera considering forming a team? Not a bad choice if so" He turned to Kimera and scratched one of the kids ears. "He's got a bit of his father's talent for battle amongst other ones as well. Anyone here be lucky to have him."
Kimera found himself instinctively tilting his head into the scratches. "I hope we're gonna be on the same team." He said.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:... Scallop looked over at the rattatta with a puzzled expression. "Two feet? ... don't raticate walk on all fours?"
"Er, I mean-" Trent says with none of the conviction he had a moment ago. "Wait, no. The Raticate I saw at the market was on two feat and using their hands. It's not my fault I haven't been around many Raticate before." Trent grumbles to himself. "I guess one way or another we'll find out eventually." By now Trent is back to having a cheery expression.
The Rockruff chuckles, eyes drifting to the Umbreon in question. "... Suppose that's true." He turns to Scallop and Trent again. "Still, I feel I might benefit more from trying to get an answer than just leaving it. It's impossible to renege and try them all out, after all." Einar allows his eyes drift about the table, eventually settling on Baja to study the Liepard's behavior as he slowly plucks things to eat... primarily the less cooked—or even uncooked—items.
Love me right now! Done.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I’m so sorry.” Luke said, equal amounts of concern and shame on his face. He seemed to have an idea, looking around the kitchen for a minute, before coming back with a lumpy yellow berry. “This is a Sitrus Berry. It’s good for when you’re hurt.” He said, unaware that Rose grew up on a berry farm and thus knew full well what Sitrus Berries were used for.

Lance gave a grunt as he waved Atum off, before continuing his conversation with Hagane. “Plus, he’s almost certainly going to be easier to find than his mother. He primarily stays in one hard to reach spot, while his mother is constantly teleporting around the world in search of a new playmate.” He said, before taking a bite of eggs and hash browns.

“Personally, I find that actually removing the gunk from the fur, or in your case scales, is a lot more effective than just burning it to a crisp and leaving it there.” Alan said, clearly not impressed with the Charizard’s hygiene standards. ”Also, I would recommend staying away from the kitchen as you are now. Taylor tends to get rather upset when people contaminate her space.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

bending her tail back into it's natural curve had stung a fair amount, so Rose was more than happy when presented with the berry with it's pain numbing and injury healing effects. "Thank you" she says quickly before scarfing the berry down, grabbing it straight out of his paw with her teeth.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Champion Wallace

Trent was about to eat some more yogurt, but he just remembered something and turned back to Scallop. "Doesn't your final evolved form walk on all fours? One day you'll have to deal with paws like these." To add emphasis Trent pedals his forepaws in the air.
Leafolawl wrote:The Rockruff chuckles, eyes drifting to the Umbreon in question. "... Suppose that's true." He turns to Scallop and Trent again. "Still, I feel I might benefit more from trying to get an answer than just leaving it. It's impossible to renege and try them all out, after all." Einar allows his eyes drift about the table, eventually settling on Baja to study the Liepard's behavior as he slowly plucks things to eat... primarily the less cooked—or even uncooked—items.
"You're right. No offense, but I don't envy you. I don't have to make a choice on what form I'm going to take and be forced to live with that choice forever."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I mean, he's been my friend here so far, dunno why I'd just leave him when the funs gonna start," T says to Atum, carefully picking up a pastry between his paws before shoving it in his mouth. "I fink we'd ma'e a grea' team," he says between chews.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Champion Wallace wrote:Trent was about to eat some more yogurt, but he just remembered something and turned back to Scallop. "Doesn't your final evolved form walk on all fours? One day you'll have to deal with paws like these." To add emphasis Trent pedals his forepaws in the air.
Leafolawl wrote:The Rockruff chuckles, eyes drifting to the Umbreon in question. "... Suppose that's true." He turns to Scallop and Trent again. "Still, I feel I might benefit more from trying to get an answer than just leaving it. It's impossible to renege and try them all out, after all." Einar allows his eyes drift about the table, eventually settling on Baja to study the Liepard's behavior as he slowly plucks things to eat... primarily the less cooked—or even uncooked—items.
"You're right. No offense, but I don't envy you. I don't have to make a choice on what form I'm going to take and be forced to live with that choice forever."
He looks at the Rattata, trying to figure out how to phrase this. "Samurott are kinda an odd case. While it's more comfortable to walk on all fours, they can stand on two legs when using swords and stuff, so I don't have to get completely used to it even after I fully evolve."
Deske wrote:"I mean, he's been my friend here so far, dunno why I'd just leave him when the funs gonna start," T says to Atum, carefully picking up a pastry between his paws before shoving it in his mouth. "I fink we'd ma'e a grea' team," he says between chews.
Atum chuckles. "Wouldn't be surprised if you might one day you almost get as strong as me and Hagane if so. Not soon, but one day perhaps." He covers his mouth with a paw as he burps a bit.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Taking the reprieve from the discussing of his evolution, Einar starts to think a moment... then smiles. "You know Baja... maybe I can help you frame your leaving home in a way that's makes you out to be really cool too?" he offers, casting a look down at his salad dish. "... Oh, it's gone..." he mumbles, and instead grabs another hard boiled egg.

-----

Chailyn steps from storage without much fanfare, humming to herself and looking in at the gathering in the dining hall. The gloom seems a bit surprised by the extra guests, offering a small wave and smile to the visiting team.
Love me right now! Done.
Champion Wallace

Gameb18oy wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Trent was about to eat some more yogurt, but he just remembered something and turned back to Scallop. "Doesn't your final evolved form walk on all fours? One day you'll have to deal with paws like these." To add emphasis Trent pedals his forepaws in the air.
He looks at the Rattata, trying to figure out how to phrase this. "Samurott are kinda an odd case. While it's more comfortable to walk on all fours, they can stand on two legs when using swords and stuff, so I don't have to get completely used to it even after I fully evolve."
"Oh come on! What are you going to tell me next? That I don't know how Rattata is supposed to walk and such either, you've just been to polite to mention it?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:“Personally, I find that actually removing the gunk from the fur, or in your case scales, is a lot more effective than just burning it to a crisp and leaving it there.” Alan said, clearly not impressed with the Charizard’s hygiene standards. ”Also, I would recommend staying away from the kitchen as you are now. Taylor tends to get rather upset when people contaminate her space.”
Blaine was starting to get clearly frustrated. His gritted teeth were bared, and an eye was starting to twitch. He looked back and forth between the overly-dramatic reaction to his slightly substandard hygene Alan was having and the sharpedo-grin on his partner's face. The throbbing in his temple started to subside, and he seemed to relax slightly. "I get it now." He said, clearly annoyed. "This is some kind of hazing thing, isn't it? Pick on the youngest member? Or do you just assume I'm a dirty barbarian because I wasn't hatched in one of your civilized cities?"

"That's not it at all, Blaine." The Alakazam leader piped up, trying to diffuse the fire type's flame, so to speak.

"Yeah." The Machamp said, still smirking. "We're making fun of you because you smell like burning tamato berries."

Blaine rolled his eyes. "I wonder why that is." He said, picking up a savory tamato berry and cheese pastry he had bitten into. The area around the bite was charred. "They're my favorite, and they taste better burned."

- - - - -
Legotron123 wrote:Lance gave a grunt as he waved Atum off, before continuing his conversation with Hagane. “Plus, he’s almost certainly going to be easier to find than his mother. He primarily stays in one hard to reach spot, while his mother is constantly teleporting around the world in search of a new playmate.” He said, before taking a bite of eggs and hash browns.
"I think we're in agreement then." Hagane nodded. "We'll find our friend and see if he can help. If he can't, we'll try his mother." Hagane leaned forward on the table slightly, putting his hands together and thoughtfully staring into the distance. "...We might need our other friend to help too. Not with training, but with what we are training for. Our old teammate. She'll be easier to find with the storm having caused so much turmoil."

- - - - -
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum chuckles. "Wouldn't be surprised if you might one day you almost get as strong as me and Hagane if so. Not soon, but one day perhaps." He covers his mouth with a paw as he burps a bit.
"Do you know what the first assignment is going to be?" Kimera asked.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
"Oh come on! What are you going to tell me next? That I don't know how Rattata is supposed to walk and such either, you've just been to polite to mention it?"
... "... I mean I haven't been keeping an eye on your gait, are you worried someone will think you look weird because you walk a certain way?"
CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum chuckles. "Wouldn't be surprised if you might one day you almost get as strong as me and Hagane if so. Not soon, but one day perhaps." He covers his mouth with a paw as he burps a bit.
"Do you know what the first assignment is going to be?" Kimera asked.
He looked over at Kimera "if you two would like, I could just think something up on the spot."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Anything's better than sitting here listening to these awkward conversations about last night and these guys over here," He nods his head towards the mercenary team.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:"Anything's better than sitting here listening to these awkward conversations about last night and these guys over here," He nods his head towards the mercenary team.
Atum grabbed an oran berry and considered what to give them as a job. "... well were needing to provide food to one of our scouts in one of the areas nearby, would you two be okay delivering some to him. It's not exactly an explorer team job, but it requires similar skills"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Luke stood by Rose as she ate her Sitrus Berry, making sure she was okay after he hurt her tail. “I’m sorry again about this.” He said, seeming rather bashful. “I have trouble paying attention when I get excited, and sometimes that causes stuff like this.”

“Hopefully Mary is as easy to find as you think.” Lance said, finishing of his breakfast before leaning back in his chair. “It’d be nice to see her again, even if the circumstances are less than ideal.”

“Finally, something we agree on.” Alan said, clearly sharing the Charizards opinion on Tamato Berries. He turned to head back to the Kitchen, before he remembered something and paused. “Also, I wasn’t kidding about Taylor not liking dirty people going into her kitchen. Let’s just say it’s hard to dodge a Power Gem when her swarm is keeping you from moving.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rose baps luke on the nose with a paw, trying to quiet him. "Just don't do it again and we're good okay?" she says heading out of the kitchen, hoping to grab atleast some of the food before it's gone.
Last edited by Buster on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Chailyn steps over to Lance. "I'm sure everyone still has preparations to make for today, but I've written what I think would be a good set of items for what we'll be doing. As you're quartermaster, it's up to you to approve it," she says in a low voice to not bother anyone still eating, then passes to him the list of items she's requesting.

A Cover Band, a Zinc Band, two Defense Scarves, and two Tiny Reviver Seeds make up the Gloom's list. "I usually carry a few berries of my own, so I don't think I'll need any. Some oran, I'll be taking a few pecha since I won't be alone, and I have some cheri just in case."
Love me right now! Done.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Deske wrote:"Anything's better than sitting here listening to these awkward conversations about last night and these guys over here," He nods his head towards the mercenary team.
Atum grabbed an oran berry and considered what to give them as a job. "... well were needing to provide food to one of our scouts in one of the areas nearby, would you two be okay delivering some to him. It's not exactly an explorer team job, but it requires similar skills"
"Hold on, Lance..." Hagane said. He raised his voice to speak to Atum. "Atum, we already have assignments lined up for everyone. I believe you missed out on that conversation. We should discuss it."
Legotron123 wrote:“Hopefully Mary is as easy to find as you think.” Lance said, finishing of his breakfast before leaning back in his chair. “It’d be nice to see her again, even if the circumstances are less than ideal.”
"Indeed." Hagane said simply, finishing his plate of food. "It's been quite a long time. She isn't going to sit by and hide when there's so many places who need help. We'll likely hear word about her whereabouts within the next couple of days."

-----------------
Legotron123 wrote:“Finally, something we agree on.” Alan said, clearly sharing the Charizards opinion on Tamato Berries. He turned to head back to the Kitchen, before he remembered something and paused. “Also, I wasn’t kidding about Taylor not liking dirty people going into her kitchen. Let’s just say it’s hard to dodge a Power Gem when her swarm is keeping you from moving.”
"I believe you." Blaine grumbled. "I also think we established I'm not dirty. I smell like burnt tamato berries because I'm eating burnt tamato berries. Not like I have any wish to go into the kitchen for no reason anyway."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

T stifled a groan, "I change my statement," T said to Kimera, "Anything would be better than just sitting here and doing nothing."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
"Hold on, Lance..." Hagane said. He raised his voice to speak to Atum. "Atum, we already have assignments lined up for everyone. I believe you missed out on that conversation. We should discuss it."
Legotron123 wrote:“Hopefully Mary is as easy to find as you think.” Lance said, finishing of his breakfast before leaning back in his chair. “It’d be nice to see her again, even if the circumstances are less than ideal.”
"Indeed." Hagane said simply, finishing his plate of food. "It's been quite a long time. She isn't going to sit by and hide when there's so many places who need help. We'll likely hear word about her whereabouts within the next couple of days."
Deske wrote:T stifled a groan, "I change my statement," T said to Kimera, "Anything would be better than just sitting here and doing nothing."
Atum chuckled, rubbing the pooch's head before he walked over to Lance and Hagane. "Setting up assignments before they have told us what teams they are on seems a little hasty Hagane. Still, not like my idea was going to wow those two. What did you have in mind?" His eyes lit up when he realized they were going to see Mary possibly, his tail wagging more than he would like the recruits to see. "I could see if any of her letters could help us narrow down where to look for her."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Leafolawl wrote:Einar allows his eyes drift about the table, eventually settling on Baja to study the Liepard's behavior as he slowly plucks things to eat... primarily the less cooked—or even uncooked—items.
Baja meanwhile has eaten her fill, and is currently distracting herself trying to build a fort out of a few of the oddly-stylus-shaped pokepuff skewers sitting abandoned on the table now that much of the food has been eaten. completely failing to grasp why a rounded object with no flat sides or hard edges wont stand up the way she wants and keeps rolling off.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T stifled a groan, "I change my statement," T said to Kimera, "Anything would be better than just sitting here and doing nothing."
Kimera looked around at the people finishing up their meals. "It looks like we're probably going to get our tasks soon." He said. "Probably right after Dad talks to Mr. Atum."

-----------------------------
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum chuckled, rubbing the pooch's head before he walked over to Lance and Hagane. "Setting up assignments before they have told us what teams they are on seems a little hasty Hagane. Still, not like my idea was going to wow those two. What did you have in mind?" His eyes lit up when he realized they were going to see Mary possibly, his tail wagging more than he would like the recruits to see. "I could see if any of her letters could help us narrow down where to look for her."
Hagane shook his head. "I'm afraid there's not much time for doing things the ordinary way." He said. "I'm afraid one of Mrs. Monarch's children was seen wandering past the town gates to Pidgeot Path. I don't think I have to explain how bad it is for a Caterpie to be going anywhere near wild pidgey territory."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“I’d recommend bringing two more reviver seeds to cover all four of you, but other than that, your list is approved.” Lance said to the Gloom, before turning back to Atum. “We discussed this before you woke up. Since they haven’t made any moves toward setting up their own teams yet, we’re going to assign them some for today’s mission. Luke, Kim, and T are going with Chailyn to replace the medical supplies we lost in the flood, while Trent, Baja, Rose, and Einar are going to find Mrs. Monarchs kid.”

“Hey, wait for me!” Luke cried out, any mistakes quickly forgotten as he raced after Rose. Moving past his dad as he entered the cafeteria, he ran all over the place as he grabbed everything he wanted and putting it on his plate.

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Chailyn laughs softly. "I'll just take that as 'grab the extra two and consider this approval.' Thanks for looking out for all of us, Lance." She takes this as queue to go farther everything as well, sucking back in some of her honey to try and keep her smell minimal.

Einar chuckles at the Liepard's simple entertainment, leaving her to her own devices. "I don't think you were here when I introduced myself last night," he begins, turning back to Scallop and Trent. "I'm Einar," he introduces, giving small nod and a smile. "Pleased to properly meet you."
Love me right now! Done.
Champion Wallace

In order to get the last of the yogurt out of the container, Trent stuffed his face in so he could lick the bottom.
Leafolawl wrote:Einar chuckles at the Liepard's simple entertainment, leaving her to her own devices. "I don't think you were here when I introduced myself last night," he begins, turning back to Scallop and Trent. "I'm Einar," he introduces, giving small nod and a smile. "Pleased to properly meet you."
"Trent the Rattata, at your service." Trent recounted proudly.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:“I’d recommend bringing two more reviver seeds to cover all four of you, but other than that, your list is approved.” Lance said to the Gloom, before turning back to Atum. “We discussed this before you woke up. Since they haven’t made any moves toward setting up their own teams yet, we’re going to assign them some for today’s mission. Luke, Kim, and T are going with Chailyn to replace the medical supplies we lost in the flood, while Trent, Baja, Rose, and Einar are going to find Mrs. Monarchs kid.”

“Hey, wait for me!” Luke cried out, any mistakes quickly forgotten as he raced after Rose. Moving past his dad as he entered the cafeteria, he ran all over the place as he grabbed everything he wanted and putting it on his plate.
Atum looked confused by someone's ommission. "Hagane, why was my son left out of the job assignments? I'd assume it was an attempt not to make it look like were playing favorites if it wasn't for the fact your son is one of the ones working on supply gathering. Also, we have made sure Mrs. Monarch isn't panicking right? If her son had made it to Pidgeot Path as much as she thinks, he'd be friends with all the birds there already."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Atum looked confused by someone's ommission. "Hagane, why was my son left out of the job assignments? I'd assume it was an attempt not to make it look like were playing favorites if it wasn't for the fact your son is one of the ones working on supply gathering. Also, we have made sure Mrs. Monarch isn't panicking right? If her son had made it to Pidgeot Path as much as she thinks, he'd be friends with all the birds there already."
Hagane shrugged. "He wasn't here, and we didn't know if he would be ready in time. In addition, you weren't here and I figured I would run anything or any plans involving your son by you first."
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum looked confused by someone's ommission. "Hagane, why was my son left out of the job assignments? I'd assume it was an attempt not to make it look like were playing favorites if it wasn't for the fact your son is one of the ones working on supply gathering. Also, we have made sure Mrs. Monarch isn't panicking right? If her son had made it to Pidgeot Path as much as she thinks, he'd be friends with all the birds there already."
Hagane shrugged. "He wasn't here, and we didn't know if he would be ready in time. In addition, you weren't here and I figured I would run anything or any plans involving your son by you first."
"Put him on the rescue team, he's been to pidgeot path before so he'll be able to help there. What will we be doing while they take on these jobs by the way?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar tilts his head a bit, eyebrow quirking curiously as he looks over the Rattata a bit more closely... His eyes tell of his mind running, but a slight frown tells of hesitation... :'The Rattata'? Where is he from to understand that as a name? Would he really answer if I called him by that?: he thinks to himself.

He gives a very passive hum after a second. "It's been nice, but I should go freshen up for the day," he excuses himself with, standing up. "Thank you again for joining us for breakfast, dear guests, and please enjoy yours, Rose, Luke." The Rockruff gives his head another polite bow, then goes to step outside.
Love me right now! Done.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“I’m not sure what the two of you are going to do, but I’m going into town to do some shopping.” Lance said, finishing off a donut before continuing. “Alan’s given me a list of a few ingredients we’re running low on, the Kecleon brothers just got a shipment yesterday and I wanna see what’s new, plus the repairs after the flood used up most of our construction supplies, so I’m going to head down to Conkeldurr‘s to order some more.”

Once Luke had filled his plate, he took a seat next to Baja and Rose. “So, what was your first night at the guild like?” He asked, sprinkling some shredded cheese on his eggs before shoveling a big forkful into his mouth.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:"Put him on the rescue team, he's been to pidgeot path before so he'll be able to help there. What will we be doing while they take on these jobs by the way?"
"Trust me, friend." Hagane said. "We have plenty that needs to get done today. We need to locate plausible sites where our friends could be hiding, and we have plenty of things in town that need fixing."
Legotron123 wrote:“I’m not sure what the two of you are going to do, but I’m going into town to do some shopping.” Lance said, finishing off a donut before continuing. “Alan’s given me a list of a few ingredients we’re running low on, the Kecleon brothers just got a shipment yesterday and I wanna see what’s new, plus the repairs after the flood used up most of our construction supplies, so I’m going to head down to Conkeldurr‘s to order some more.”
Once things had been settled and the recruits were finishing their breakfast, Hagane stood up to address them. "May I have your attention, please. After discussing with the other leaders of the guild, we have come up with two assignments for you. The first assignment is to locate Mrs. Monarch's son, a caterpie who was last seen wandering towards wild Pidgey territory. The second group will accompany Chailyn. She is going to retrieve medical supplies to restock what we lost. This is likewise considered urgent as there have been reports of poisoning in town from eating food that spoiled in the storm."

"Normally, we would give you time to get to know each other better, and decide who you want to team up with. However, due to the urgency of these assignments, we are going to temporarily assign you to two teams. The smaller team, Kim, Luke, and T, will be going with Chailyn. The rest of you will be heading off to Pidgeot Path the moment you are ready."
Hagane concluded. Then, after considering for a moment, he added, "If anybody wishes to switch assignments, please say so now."
-Champion Motto

Champion Wallace

Leafolawl wrote:Einar tilts his head a bit, eyebrow quirking curiously as he looks over the Rattata a bit more closely... His eyes tell of his mind running, but a slight frown tells of hesitation...
Trent sees Einar found something he said objectionable, but isn't sure what part of his reply Einar didn't like.
CyberDragon wrote:Once things had been settled and the recruits were finishing their breakfast, Hagane stood up to address them. "May I have your attention, please. After discussing with the other leaders of the guild, we have come up with two assignments for you. The first assignment is to locate Mrs. Monarch's son, a caterpie who was last seen wandering towards wild Pidgey territory. The second group will accompany Chailyn. She is going to retrieve medical supplies to restock what we lost. This is likewise considered urgent as there have been reports of poisoning in town from eating food that spoiled in the storm."

"Normally, we would give you time to get to know each other better, and decide who you want to team up with. However, due to the urgency of these assignments, we are going to temporarily assign you to two teams. The smaller team, Kim, Luke, and T, will be going with Chailyn. The rest of you will be heading off to Pidgeot Path the moment you are ready."
Hagane concluded. Then, after considering for a moment, he added, "If anybody wishes to switch assignments, please say so now."
Trent looks across the silent faces at the recruit table before responding. "No objections here, sir!"
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Scallop looked confused by something and raised his hand. "Guildmaster Hagane, why is a smaller group going to Pidgeot Pass?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

T counted the groups to himself, Rose, Baja, Einar, Scallop... He tilted his head, "You guys have four people though. We've got three."