Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Gameb18oy »

It was a pleasant day in the Rising Village. After a week of strong rain, the weather had finally shifted to clear skies, and the pokemon could finally move about the area as they wished and many of the shops that were still undamaged were setting up their goods to sell as was their custom. The most active area was the guild at the moment, many children eager to see if they could catch the guildmaster's attention, many of them hoping Hagane would allow them to form exploration teams. At the moment, they were trying to convince the second in command to let them in as he stood in front of the door, acting as if he was still taking a nap. Atum was clearly getting annoyed though, his front paws over each ear in an attempt to keep out the noise.
CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Hagane, meanwhile, sat at his desk in his room on the top floor of the guild headquarters. For the past week, he had been particularly busy. Heavy rain brings trouble, and trouble means more work for the guild. Though oddly enough, today had been quiet. Quieter than he had expected from the first day of decent weather in such a long while. The Lucario closed his eyes and raised the aura-sensing appendages on the back of his head. Sure enough, aura revealed what his hearing couldn't. There was a large buildup of pokemon right at the front door, trying to get in. He could sense a great deal of excitement and anticipation in the air from young spirits. He could also sense a highly annoyed aura of someone who really wanted to go back to slee-

"Atum." The Guildmaster sighed and shook his head. He stood up and headed down the stairs.

A minute later, the Guild doors opened, and Guildmaster Hagane stepped out. "Atum, you are supposed to alert me when we have guests, especially guests looking to join the Guild." He stepped around the not-sleeping Umbreon and addressed the crowd of pokemon, many of whom were just reaching the age where they would be able to adventure outside of town, though many of them were older. "Attention! Please settle down. I am Guildmaster Hagane. Those of you wishing to join the guild, please follow me into the Guild Hall."

---------------

At the edge of town, a young Riolu ran through the gates on his way back from the Kecleon merchant. He had a bag full of fruits and berries hoisted over his shoulder, but being the fighting type that he was this did little to slow him down.

The most immediate interesting feature of this Riolu was his highly unusual coloration. Where his fur would normally be blue or shiny gold, he had a sort of checkerboard pattern that mixed the two together. The Riolu's name is Kimera, and he was the Guildmaster's son. Hagane had asked him to go get supplies to replace what was lost during the storm. He slowed down when he saw the crowd in front of the guild, but stopped entirely when his aura sensors picked up on someone nearby that he couldn't see. He looked around. "Hello? Is someone there?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

in the distance a pair of voices can be heard slowly approaching the town, gradually getting louder. one voice seemed disinterested and mildly annoyed, while the other is enthusiastically over the top.
"...-sure you're not secretly a water type? why would you want to travel in that weather?"
"Because adventure! adventure! adventure! aaaaadveeeeentuuuuuree!"
"That's not a reason, that's barely even an excuse."
"AAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNTTTTTTTUUUUUUUURRRRRRREEEEEE."
"watch where you're going before you crash into-"
-Thwump-
"-nevermind. Sorry about the airhead, are you okay?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

CyberDragon wrote:
At the edge of town, a young Riolu ran through the gates on his way back from the Kecleon merchant. He had a bag full of fruits and berries hoisted over his shoulder, but being the fighting type that he was this did little to slow him down.

The most immediate interesting feature of this Riolu was his highly unusual coloration. Where his fur would normally be blue or shiny gold, he had a sort of checkerboard pattern that mixed the two together. The Riolu's name is Kimera, and he was the Guildmaster's son. Hagane had asked him to go get supplies to replace what was lost during the storm. He slowed down when he saw the crowd in front of the guild, but stopped entirely when his aura sensors picked up on someone nearby that he couldn't see. He looked around. "Hello? Is someone there?"
A familiar dragonite appeared before Kimera. "Hey Kimera!" He said in a rather familiar deep tone Lance seemed to always use. Today was the day wasn't it? Lance had been outside, watching, making sure none of the kindred spirits ended upngetting too rowdy. He managed to look happily at the Kimera, reminding him of a much younger Hangane. He seemed he wanted to catch up to the little tyke, but duty demanded he follow everyone in inside the guild.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Alan was busy in the guild’s kitchen, cooking up a variety of meals with the help of a Vespiquen and her Combee. There were a lot of Pokémon looking to join the guild, and that that mean a lot more mouths to feed. He put the knife he was wielding with Extrasensory, and take a quick break to look out the window and search for his son. He quickly found him, the Riolu being hard not to spot, what with how he was jumping up and down like a psychotic Spoink. He smiled. ”I swear, sometimes I think that boy has Extreme Speed.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Atum sighed as he realized this was not to be one of his lazy days. He noticed the new pair... and with a yawn and a stretch he walked over the one who had managed to crash into another of the recruits, expecting they had missed Hagane’s instructions. “... I do hope you don’t think adventure doesn’t involve you using your eyes. If so, I have some bad news for you.” He looked over at the other one. “you together or just walk up here at the same time?”
Last edited by Gameb18oy on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Chailyn steps over to the dragonite's side. "Be gentle with them, today's an exciting day for many adventurous spirits," the gloom chides, leaning around to look at the liepard and make sure she's okay.

--------

Einar walks with the crowd heading into the hall, head held high as he repeats to himself, "Today's the day. Plenty of pokemon to be paired with around, there's no way they can skip over you... Keep calm, show them you're ready..." Though, the rockruff's slight prance in his walk and wagging tail betray his excitement.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the response Atum would get from Baja is... probably not the one he was expecting. Unless he had somehow predicted that the off-color Liepard would consider his reaction a joke, and start laughing. "Good one! You're funny. I like you." it's honestly hard to tell if she's hurt at all though, given she's up to all four knees in mud from her trip here.

Her far tidier Glameow traveling companion the other paw was just finishing up helping the unfortunate pedestrian back to their feet. before deadpanning "So you didn't notice the family resemblance? 'gasp' what a shock." actually saying the word gasp rather than bothering with the action, and rolling her eyes.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

A slightly dirty Poochyena stood in the shadows of a tent as the Riolu passed by, bag full of what smelled like fruits and berries. The Pokemon stood out amongst the crowd and to T, he looked like a fairly easy target, the only problem were those aura powers that Riolu seemed to have. Nevertheless, wherever he was going with those fruits, he would arrive to find that his bag was a little lighter. Quickly he walked into the crowd and towards the Riolu, following the general flow of Pokemon to blend in with his surroundings. He didn't have special markings and he didn't act out of the ordinary. As he stepped by he bumped into the Riolu and with careful and practiced gestures, picked out a few berries, slipping them into his own bag. "Oh, sorry! I- I wasn't watching where I was going," He said, bending over to "pick up" a berry that had dropped from the bag, "Finally old enough to get put into a team. It's just so exciting isn't it?!" Placing the finishing touch on his ruse, he grinned widely.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Your headed to the guild? Awesome!" The half-shiny Riolu said, hopping up and down a bit. "That's where I was headed to. My dad works there, and he sent me to get some food 'cause the storm caused a lot of the food in our stores to go bad. We'd better hurry if we're going to get there in time, though. Looks like they're letting people in! Come on!"

----------------------

Once everyone had calmed down, Hagane led the group in to the guild hall through the rather imposing front doors. The entry hall was likewise open and imposing, partly because it was rather empty being a new building. The Lucario turned back to address the crowd. "The First Floor holds most of the necessities. To your right, you will see the hall that leads to the kitchen and dining room where guild members have their meals. To your left, you will see the hall containing storage, an infirmary... where you go when you get hurt... and training room. In the back, on the north side of the hall is the library. Finally, there is the Guild Mission board, where members select the work they do. Lance here..." Hagane gestured to the Dragonite. "Is in charge of distributing assignments to new members and ensuring the mission board remains constantly up-to-date. Are there any questions before we move on to the next floor?" Hagane wanted to get the tour over as soon as possible. He knew he wouldn't be able to keep the kids' attentions for long.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I was planning on it, but I dunno if they'd take me." He followed the Riolu on his way to the Guild, "You said your food stores got flooded? How much did you lose?"
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

CyberDragon wrote:"Your headed to the guild? Awesome!" The half-shiny Riolu said, hopping up and down a bit. "That's where I was headed to. My dad works there, and he sent me to get some food 'cause the storm caused a lot of the food in our stores to go bad. We'd better hurry if we're going to get there in time, though. Looks like they're letting people in! Come on!"

----------------------

Once everyone had calmed down, Hagane led the group in to the guild hall through the rather imposing front doors. The entry hall was likewise open and imposing, partly because it was rather empty being a new building. The Lucario turned back to address the crowd. "The First Floor holds most of the necessities. To your right, you will see the hall that leads to the kitchen and dining room where guild members have their meals. To your left, you will see the hall containing storage, an infirmary... where you go when you get hurt... and training room. In the back, on the north side of the hall is the library. Finally, there is the Guild Mission board, where members select the work they do. Lance here..." Hagane gestured to the Dragonite. "Is in charge of distributing assignments to new members and ensuring the mission board remains constantly up-to-date. Are there any questions before we move on to the next floor?" Hagane wanted to get the tour over as soon as possible. He knew he wouldn't be able to keep the kids' attentions for long.
Lance stepped up proudly, striking a rather dashing, heroic pose as Hagane had pointed him out. "I got a question, Hagane. Do you guys have what it takes to be an exploration team!?" Lance seemed just as excited as they were, as he chuckled looking at the new recruits. Though ardious it may be, however daunting the task it was a recruits duty to always be ready to prove themselves. Lance remembered the day he was in their shoes and it always had him fired up and fierce with determination as he saw the fire in their eyes.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Luke was bouncing up and down, incredibly excited about becoming an Explorer. ”YES!!! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!! I AM SO READY TO BECOME A EXPLORER!!! I WANNA BEAT UP BAD GUYS AND FIND TREASURE AND SAVE THE WORLD, LIKE TEAM GOGETTER OR TEAM MAGIC STEED!!!!!” He yelled, with a volume that seemed impossible for his size.
”Sweet Entei, I can hear him all the way up here.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:the response Atum would get from Baja is... probably not the one he was expecting. Unless he had somehow predicted that the off-color Liepard would consider his reaction a joke, and start laughing. "Good one! You're funny. I like you." it's honestly hard to tell if she's hurt at all though, given she's up to all four knees in mud from her trip here.

Her far tidier Glameow traveling companion the other paw was just finishing up helping the unfortunate pedestrian back to their feet. before deadpanning "So you didn't notice the family resemblance? 'gasp' what a shock." actually saying the word gasp rather than bothering with the action, and rolling her eyes.
His smile showed that he liked the liepard’s reaction... he’d have to find a water type for her at some point though, not wanting to have to clean up the mud she’d track into the building. He turned to the glameow. “No, I suppose someone guessing based on appearance would get that... but you two do carry a mildly similar scent, so I believe you. You seem to carry yourself a bit more like your the older sibling, am I correct in assuming that? Always hard to tell if the younger one evolved before you did.”
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"I was planning on it, but I dunno if they'd take me." He followed the Riolu on his way to the Guild, "You said your food stores got flooded? How much did you lose?"
"Pretty much all of it." The Riolu shrugged. "We put in a big order from other villages to get some more food. This is my... I think fiftieth trip?" the fighting type mentions that casually, counting on his paws, as if that wasn't a huge amount of trips across the entire town for a kid to make. "Anyway, I think this is the last of it. Come on! You can at least try it out. The worst that can happen is they say no." Kimera urged the Poochyena forward, and they entered the guild hall, standing in the back of the crowd Hagane was addressing.
-Champion Motto

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar recoils a bit from Luke, blinking a few times in shock. "... That's... excitement for it, I guess," he remarks, before brightening. "But I can certainly get behind the idea of what you're saying!"

------

Chailyn's attention turns to the guild's doors. "Oh dear, they're going through the tour already. I need to go get some oran berries ready in case anyone gets over-excited." The gloom starts to run off.
Love me right now! Done.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T groaned internally and slipped all but one of the fruits out of his bag and held them out to the Riolu, "Ah, here then, I'd like to donate these to you guys then." There were always others... He muttered something under his breath when Kimera told him that they could say no; something about locking him up. He stepped up into the guild hall, watching as a Gloom hurried off for whatever reason, and making sure to stay near the back. He looked over the crowd, thinking he recognized a few of them from his late night exploits in the city. "So is that the guild master?" T asked, keeping his voice low.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gameb18oy wrote:His smile showed that he liked the liepard’s reaction... he’d have to find a water type for her at some point though, not wanting to have to clean up the mud she’d track into the building. He turned to the glameow. “No, I suppose someone guessing based on appearance would get that... but you two do carry a mildly similar scent, so I believe you. You seem to carry yourself a bit more like your the older sibling, am I correct in assuming that? Always hard to tell if the younger one evolved before you did.”
"Nah, your right, Baja's definitely older. Not that most can tell." She stated, eyes closed and nodding as she spoke, before looking at Atum again and taking a step forward. her bell jingling lightly as she held out a paw. "I'm Rose. You?"

Baja is meanwhile has gone entirely silent, standing there eyes widening for a good few seconds before she asked no one in particular "Berries?" her stomach suddenly growling. "do you think she'd let me have some?"

Rose just groans and hangs her head a moment before answering. "You seriously... Dad said we could take whatever we needed from the orchard before we left, you left without packing anything and spent the last two days eating half of MY supplies, and now your planning to mooch off random strangers?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T groaned internally and slipped all but one of the fruits out of his bag and held them out to the Riolu, "Ah, here then, I'd like to donate these to you guys then." There were always others... He muttered something under his breath when Kimera told him that they could say no; something about locking him up. He stepped up into the guild hall, watching as a Gloom hurried off for whatever reason, and making sure to stay near the back. He looked over the crowd, thinking he recognized a few of them from his late night exploits in the city. "So is that the guild master?" T asked, keeping his voice low.
"Yep! He is the guildmaster." Kimera responded quietly. However, Hagane noticed the pair walk in.

"Thank you, Kimera. Please take the food to storage, if you would, then meet the rest of us upstairs. You can take your friend with you as well and show him around the west wing."

"Alright!" Kimera turned to the Poochyena. "Come on! I'll give you the tour!" He said, leading his new friend down the hall to the storage room.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Lance stepped up proudly, striking a rather dashing, heroic pose as Hagane had pointed him out. "I got a question, Hagane. Do you guys have what it takes to be an exploration team!?" Lance seemed just as excited as they were, as he chuckled looking at the new recruits. Though ardious it may be, however daunting the task it was a recruits duty to always be ready to prove themselves. Lance remembered the day he was in their shoes and it always had him fired up and fierce with determination as he saw the fire in their eyes.
Legotron123 wrote:Luke was bouncing up and down, incredibly excited about becoming an Explorer. ”YES!!! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!! I AM SO READY TO BECOME A EXPLORER!!! I WANNA BEAT UP BAD GUYS AND FIND TREASURE AND SAVE THE WORLD, LIKE TEAM GOGETTER OR TEAM MAGIC STEED!!!!!” He yelled, with a volume that seemed impossible for his size.
”Sweet Entei, I can hear him all the way up here.”
Leafolawl wrote:Einar recoils a bit from Luke, blinking a few times in shock. "... That's... excitement for it, I guess," he remarks, before brightening. "But I can certainly get behind the idea of what you're saying!"
"Thank you, Lance..." Hagane said, rubbing his now sore ears. "But I was referring to their questions about the guild. Though it is good to hear you are all so enthusiastic. Now, if there are no questions, would you all please follow me to the next floor." Hagane turned around and walked through an archway leading up a spiral staircase to the second floor.

When they got there, the Guildmaster continued. "The second floor is dedicated to Guild member quarters. This is your home away from home. For those of you who live in other villages, you have a place to sleep here while training with the guild. You will be sharing rooms with your team mates when they are assigned. Though until the teams are finalized, sleeping arrangements are flexible. Honestly that's all there is on this floor. We needed as much space for rooms as we could get, considering we're expecting so many new members. Any questions about this floor or the one below it?"
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”HOW MANY MEMBERS ARE OUR TEAMS GOING TO HAVE?” Luke yelled at the Lucario, his volume rivaling a Whismurs. ”A LOT OF FAMOUS TEAM ONLY HAVE TWO MEMBERS, LIKE TEAM POKÉPALS AND TEAM FLUFF FIGHTERS, BUT THEN THERE’S ONE’S LIKE TEAM AWD AND TEAM CHARM WHICH HAVE THREE, AND SOME TEAMS CAN HAVE UP TO SIX MEMBERS, THOUGHTHOSEARERATHEROBSCUREBUTIT’DBECOOLTOBETHEFIRSTSIXMEMBERTEAMTOMAKETHEBIGLEAGUESBUTTHAT’SBESIDETHEPOINT.” His voice just kept getting faster and faster as he got more and more excited, eventually becoming impossible to understand. At some point he got so excited his mouth started almost foaming, to the concern of everyone around him.
-
Alan dug through the cupboards of the guilds kitchen, looking for something to add to the dish. ”Hey Taylor, do we have any sweet berries left? I need some for the salad.”
Taylor, a Vespiquen, looked over the list of items they’d had to replace after the flooding. ”I think we’ve uzzzed all the berriezzz Kim brought uzz.”
Alan sighed. ”Really? We’re out of Custap berries?”
”Yezz.”
”Salac berries?”
”Out of thozzze too.”
”Starf berries?”
”I think thozzze are in the next package Kim izz bringing.”
”For Pete’s sake, I’d settle for a Chilian berry.”
”Well for now, it lookzz like you’ll have to zzettle for making zzomething elzze until Kim comezzz with the next package.”

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:"Nah, your right, Baja's definitely older. Not that most can tell." She stated, eyes closed and nodding as she spoke, before looking at Atum again and taking a step forward. her bell jingling lightly as she held out a paw. "I'm Rose. You?"

Baja is meanwhile has gone entirely silent, standing there eyes widening for a good few seconds before she asked no one in particular "Berries?" her stomach suddenly growling. "do you think she'd let me have some?"

Rose just groans and hangs her head a moment before answering. "You seriously... Dad said we could take whatever we needed from the orchard before we left, you left without packing anything and spent the last two days eating half of MY supplies, and now your planning to mooch off random strangers?"
Deske wrote:T groaned internally and slipped all but one of the fruits out of his bag and held them out to the Riolu, "Ah, here then, I'd like to donate these to you guys then." There were always others... He muttered something under his breath when Kimera told him that they could say no; something about locking him up. He stepped up into the guild hall, watching as a Gloom hurried off for whatever reason, and making sure to stay near the back. He looked over the crowd, thinking he recognized a few of them from his late night exploits in the city. "So is that the guild master?" T asked, keeping his voice low.
Alum decided to be polite to the one person more annoyed to be here than him in his eyes and a gave a light bow. "I am Atum my dear lady. Pleasure to meet you and your sister." He chuckled as she got onto Baja. "Heh, don't worry about correcting her for that, the guild is quite generous in sharing it's treasures and goods with others." His face slightly turns in T's direction, the slight growl in it almost impossible to hear. "In fact, so long as you don't try to take something that isn't yours, the guild has no reason to reject it to you."
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Legotron123 wrote:”HOW MANY MEMBERS ARE OUR TEAMS GOING TO HAVE?” Luke yelled at the Lucario, his volume rivaling a Whismurs. ”A LOT OF FAMOUS TEAM ONLY HAVE TWO MEMBERS, LIKE TEAM POKÉPALS AND TEAM FLUFF FIGHTERS, BUT THEN THERE’S ONE’S LIKE TEAM AWD AND TEAM CHARM WHICH HAVE THREE, AND SOME TEAMS CAN HAVE UP TO SIX MEMBERS, THOUGHTHOSEARERATHEROBSCUREBUTIT’DBECOOLTOBETHEFIRSTSIXMEMBERTEAMTOMAKETHEBIGLEAGUESBUTTHAT’SBESIDETHEPOINT.” His voice just kept getting faster and faster as he got more and more excited, eventually becoming impossible to understand. At some point he got so excited his mouth started almost foaming, to the concern of everyone around him.
Lance chuckled as he like the Riolu's unbridled enthuesiasm. "Save that fighting spirit for the field, young pup!" He smirked as he raised his paw triumphantly as he took a look over at all who showed to he a part of the guild.

"You will be divided in teams of three. Among these halls you walk where we once stood. Whether it is a life of excitement, finding ancient ruins, or wanting a place called home, this guild welcomes those who are worthy! Always remember what you are here for." He spoke from the heart, his passion and his words he hoped would ring true to these bew initiates. Lance was of course speaking to everyone but he seemed to spare close attention to Luke. It was as if he was speaking to him directly.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T let the Riolu lead him down the hall to the storage room, ignoring the look he knew he was receiving from Atum. He could keep up the facade all day if he had to. "So is the guild master your dad or something?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gameb18oy wrote:Alum decided to be polite to the one person more annoyed to be here than him in his eyes and a gave a light bow. "I am Atum my dear lady. Pleasure to meet you and your sister." He chuckled as she got onto Baja. "Heh, don't worry about correcting her for that, the guild is quite generous in sharing it's treasures and goods with others." His face slightly turns in T's direction, the slight growl in it almost impossible to hear. "In fact, so long as you don't try to take something that isn't yours, the guild has no reason to reject it to you."
"Well, that's good to know atleast." Rose comments, sounding somewhat reassured. "Though we should probably find a hose before she forgets why we haven't gone inside yet."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Alum decided to be polite to the one person more annoyed to be here than him in his eyes and a gave a light bow. "I am Atum my dear lady. Pleasure to meet you and your sister." He chuckled as she got onto Baja. "Heh, don't worry about correcting her for that, the guild is quite generous in sharing it's treasures and goods with others." His face slightly turns in T's direction, the slight growl in it almost impossible to hear. "In fact, so long as you don't try to take something that isn't yours, the guild has no reason to reject it to you."
"Well, that's good to know atleast." Rose comments, sounding somewhat reassured. "Though we should probably find a hose before she forgets why we haven't gone inside yet."
Atum smiled, whistling down the hall where an oshawott was resting, sitting up almost immediately... a motion to the mud covered liepard from the Umbreon was all they needed. He ran over with a smile. "Yes sir, I'll get on it!" They quickly started using water gun, make sure to keep the pressure low to not hurt the person they were cleaning. "While he's doing that, would you like to head inside Rose?" Atum started to walk inside as he said that
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Yes, thanks." Nodding and following Atum inside, catching up with the tour group relatively quickly.

- - - -

Still outside...
Alternating between sputtering and giggling as she's doused, Baja Growls playfully once the water stops. Shifting into a low stance and grinning at the oshawott tail flicking slightly in amusement, before pouncing forward and... hugging him like a teddy?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:"Yes, thanks." Nodding and following Atum inside, catching up with the tour group relatively quickly.

- - - -

Still outside...
Alternating between sputtering and giggling as she's doused, Baja Growls playfully once the water stops. Shifting into a low stance and grinning at the oshawott tail flicking slightly in amusement, before pouncing forward and... hugging him like a teddy?
Atum kept a close eye behind him, making sure the cat wasn't getting lost by any sights. He chuckled at the idea of if the glameow might have inherited a trait he commonly saw in purrloin line and would find it amusing if she couldn't manage to keep herself from getting distracted by anything shiny while on the tour. "By the way, I'm curious. Your sister seems the type for just seeking random adventure... but why did you come here?"

Scallop... was confused but not opposed to this treatment. He was glad he'd bathed himself just moments ago, his fur extra silky due to it
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Because as much as she drives me up the wall, I still care about Baja. But dad wasn't able to convince her to stay at the orchard." She explained with a sigh, her tone turning sad. The way she's moving expressing both a desire to get away from her sister, and an unwillingness to move too far, a precocious sort of protectiveness mixed with resentment that speaks of dependence and having to grow up too fast. "There's... I don't really know how to describe it. She's not that smart but it's more than that. There's something wrong with her, shes almost a grown-up but she thinks like a kitten. everything's a game and she doesn't learn. Even Beri is better at recognizing her own mistakes, and she's nine. My parents, my brothers and sisters, they don't see it. they just see how I get hurt trying to keep her safe and think I'm the problem child... But if I'm not here to look out for her, who will?"

- - - - -

purring, Baja is interrupted by her stomach again. Hoping up, off of her 'victim' she asks. "oh, right! um, do you know where the pokemon with the berries went?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I KNOW WHAT I’M HERE FOR!” Luke yelled, sounding like he was about to burst from excitement. ”I WANNA FIGHT BAD GUYS, FIND TREASURE, AND SAVE PEOPLE, JUST LIKE MY MOM!!! THAT’S WHAT SHE DID AND THAT’S WHAT I’M GONNA DO!!!!!”
-
One of Taylor’s Combee flew up to her and whispered something to her. ”It appearzz that Kim izzz back with more food.”
”That’s a relief.” Alan said, putting some sort of pie dish down as he headed for the door. ”I’m going to see what he brought in and bring whatever’s useful back up.”
”Don’t be long. I zzztill need your help with thizz dezzzert.”

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar takes a few steps away from the rather loud riolu. "I love the enthusiasm, but could you quiet a bit? You're edging on making Explouds jealous with those lungs." he remarks, attention falling from the front to look over the fighting-type beside him.

------

Chailyn grabs a small bag to fill with berries from her own storage of berries, then quickly makes her way to the tour group to follow a short ways behind as to not send the wrong message.
Love me right now! Done.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T let the Riolu lead him down the hall to the storage room, ignoring the look he knew he was receiving from Atum. He could keep up the facade all day if he had to. "So is the guild master your dad or something?"
"That's right!" Kim replied. "My name is Kimera, by the way." The pair passed a Swablu returning from cleaning up the stains and mold from the storage room. He gave T a dirty look more because he wasn't clean and was walking where he had just finished cleaning. When they entered, the storage room was spotless, though faint marks on the walls showed where water had leaked in.

Kim walked over and emptied the contents of the bag into one of the open crates. "I think dad sees something in you. Did you know that if you joined the guild, you'd get free meals and a free bed and such? The guild takes good care of it's members. And since the food is free for members, if you joined then the berries you took from my bag won't even technically be stolen." The Riolu was curiously calm about this. "My sense for aura isn't as strong enough to read minds like dad's, but it is strong enough to know when someone's lying to me. I figured I'd let dad see you before talking to you about it." He went quiet as he sensed someone coming.
Legotron123 wrote:One of Taylor’s Combee flew up to her and whispered something to her. ”It appearzz that Kim izzz back with more food.”
”That’s a relief.” Alan said, putting some sort of pie dish down as he headed for the door. ”I’m going to see what he brought in and bring whatever’s useful back up.”
”Don’t be long. I zzztill need your help with thizz dezzzert.”
"Oh! Hi, Mr. Alan! I just brought in some more berries. They're in that crate right there." Kim said, cheerily.

----------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:”HOW MANY MEMBERS ARE OUR TEAMS GOING TO HAVE?” Luke yelled at the Lucario, his volume rivaling a Whismurs. ”A LOT OF FAMOUS TEAM ONLY HAVE TWO MEMBERS, LIKE TEAM POKÉPALS AND TEAM FLUFF FIGHTERS, BUT THEN THERE’S ONE’S LIKE TEAM AWD AND TEAM CHARM WHICH HAVE THREE, AND SOME TEAMS CAN HAVE UP TO SIX MEMBERS, THOUGHTHOSEARERATHEROBSCUREBUTIT’DBECOOLTOBETHEFIRSTSIXMEMBERTEAMTOMAKETHEBIGLEAGUESBUTTHAT’SBESIDETHEPOINT.” His voice just kept getting faster and faster as he got more and more excited, eventually becoming impossible to understand. At some point he got so excited his mouth started almost foaming, to the concern of everyone around him.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Lance chuckled as he like the Riolu's unbridled enthuesiasm. "Save that fighting spirit for the field, young pup!" He smirked as he raised his paw triumphantly as he took a look over at all who showed to he a part of the guild.

"You will be divided in teams of three. Among these halls you walk where we once stood. Whether it is a life of excitement, finding ancient ruins, or wanting a place called home, this guild welcomes those who are worthy! Always remember what you are here for." He spoke from the heart, his passion and his words he hoped would ring true to these bew initiates. Lance was of course speaking to everyone but he seemed to spare close attention to Luke. It was as if he was speaking to him directly.
Legotron123 wrote:”I KNOW WHAT I’M HERE FOR!” Luke yelled, sounding like he was about to burst from excitement. ”I WANNA FIGHT BAD GUYS, FIND TREASURE, AND SAVE PEOPLE, JUST LIKE MY MOM!!! THAT’S WHAT SHE DID AND THAT’S WHAT I’M GONNA DO!!!!!”
"Luke. Enough." Hagane said, sternly and with a voice that somehow carried over the Riolu's shouting. "I appreciate and understand the enthusiasm. I understand your excitement, and I understand how important this is for you, and I want you to have fun like any guildmaster. However, as members of the guild, you will all be expected to behave respectfully, responsibly, and maturely. And that means no bursting anyone's eardrums! Now..." He turned to the rest of the Pokemon there. "Are there any other questions please? If not, we will move on."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

T let a look of surprise slip on to his face before shrugging it away, "Knew I should've stuck with that Chikorita. The one day I ignore my gut." He slipped the bag off his back and emptied it into the fruit bin, a few extra berries rolling out as well from earlier in the day. He turned to the Riolu, "I would, but I gotta ask. Why? Why would-," He stopped as the Ninetails walked in, watching the conversation between him and Kimera.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Luke went quiet at Hagane words. ”Sorry Mister Hagane.” He said, suddenly looking rather shy. ”I just really want to be an Explorer like my mom.”
-
”Kim, you are a lifesaver.” Alan said, using Extrasensory to move some of the berries into his backpack. ”With how many new Explorers are going to be joining today, we’re making more dishes than we’ve ever made before.” Once his pack was full, he started to leave, before he noticed the Poochyena standing nearby. ”Ah, who’s this? One of the new recruits?”

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:"Because as much as she drives me up the wall, I still care about Baja. But dad wasn't able to convince her to stay at the orchard." She explained with a sigh, her tone turning sad. The way she's moving expressing both a desire to get away from her sister, and an unwillingness to move too far, a precocious sort of protectiveness mixed with resentment that speaks of dependence and having to grow up too fast. "There's... I don't really know how to describe it. She's not that smart but it's more than that. There's something wrong with her, shes almost a grown-up but she thinks like a kitten. everything's a game and she doesn't learn. Even Beri is better at recognizing her own mistakes, and she's nine. My parents, my brothers and sisters, they don't see it. they just see how I get hurt trying to keep her safe and think I'm the problem child... But if I'm not here to look out for her, who will?"

- - - - -

purring, Baja is interrupted by her stomach again. Hoping up, off of her 'victim' she asks. "oh, right! um, do you know where the pokemon with the berries went?"
Atum listened carefully, though he didn’t appear to be doing so, not hiding a strong yawn “chances are, she’ll have to figure it out if she wants to train here. Hagane is a tough taskmaster, he won’t be easy on her just because she’s used to that.”
- - - - -
The little one nodded. “you mean Kim? He probably went to the kitchen, he likes dropping stuff off as soon as he gets back”
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar's attention goes back to the front, a little intimidated by the sheer amount of presence the guildmaster can exude... He opens his mouth as if he wants to ask something, but seems to think better of it, closing his mouth and waiting for the tour to continue.
Love me right now! Done.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T let a look of surprise slip on to his face before shrugging it away, "Knew I should've stuck with that Chikorita. The one day I ignore my gut." He slipped the bag off his back and emptied it into the fruit bin, a few extra berries rolling out as well from earlier in the day. He turned to the Riolu, "I would, but I gotta ask. Why? Why would-," He stopped as the Ninetails walked in, watching the conversation between him and Kimera.
Legotron123 wrote:”Kim, you are a lifesaver.” Alan said, using Extrasensory to move some of the berries into his backpack. ”With how many new Explorers are going to be joining today, we’re making more dishes than we’ve ever made before.” Once his pack was full, he started to leave, before he noticed the Poochyena standing nearby. ”Ah, who’s this? One of the new recruits?”
"Yep! He's a special invite though. Dad said he wants to see him after the tour. Speaking of which, we should probably get going. We have to catch up with the group."

-----
Legotron123 wrote:Luke went quiet at Hagane words. ”Sorry Mister Hagane.” He said, suddenly looking rather shy. ”I just really want to be an Explorer like my mom.”
"And you will be, Luke. Each one of you shows promise. Each one of you will get the chance to show the guild what you can do." Hagane said.
Leafolawl wrote:Einar's attention goes back to the front, a little intimidated by the sheer amount of presence the guildmaster can exude... He opens his mouth as if he wants to ask something, but seems to think better of it, closing his mouth and waiting for the tour to continue.
Hagane looked at Einar. Then he turned around and started leading the group up the spiral staircase again. "Right then. On to the next floor."

Meanwhile, Einar would hear Hagane's voice, though the Lucario's mouth wasn't moving and no one else seemed to hear it. "If you have a question, ask it. If you would prefer, you may ask it without having to speak." It seems the guildmaster thinks Einar didn't ask because of shyness, not because he himself was intimidating.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Upon hearing the words "special invite" Kimera might feel a bit of confusion emanating from T. After the words "My dad wants to see him," that feeling would have a bit of fear added to it. He didn't, or at least tried not to, let it show on the outside as he dipped his head quickly in greeting to the Ninetails.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The suddenness of the voice in his head causes a brief pause in the rockruff as a shiver runs down his spine. "I forget some of you gain telepathy..." is his most immediate reply, followed by, "I just don't think right he's a good place for the question." Einar, for his part, remains with the group fairly well in spite of the surprise.
Love me right now! Done.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the soggy Liepard apparently knows how to coil her tail like a certain other species of feline, as Scallop is quickly roped into helping with her search. looping it around him so as to pick him up and set him on her back, fully intent on adding him to her collection of cuddly things that aren't technically hers at some point, but for now mostly needing directions as she heads inside. asking, "which way?"

- - - - - -

"well... hopefully it helps." Rose comments, before noticing something about how her shadowy guide kept moving and adds snarkily "also you can stop trying to steer me away from things you think are 'tempting', I'm not like Smoke or Baja."
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

CyberDragon wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:Luke went quiet at Hagane words. ”Sorry Mister Hagane.” He said, suddenly looking rather shy. ”I just really want to be an Explorer like my mom.”
"And you will be, Luke. Each one of you shows promise. Each one of you will get the chance to show the guild what you can do." Hagane said.
Hagane looked at Einar. Then he turned around and started leading the group up the spiral staircase again. "Right then. On to the next floor."
"That's right! I hope when the time comes you all can show us what your made of. Speaking of which, when does that happen, Hagane?" Lance follpwed Master Hagane, though he wondered who if any would be picked. Lance seemed interested in Luke. That Riolu had some fire in his eyes. Reminded him of himself at that age.