Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Leafolawl

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

"If that's true, then maybe they are stronger... but there comes a point where it's hard to tell, especially if you're not even close to that level. You can't just point at two Milotic and ask me which is prettier," he shoots as an example, turning to walk up the stairs.

Though, he doesn't address the other question, quietly hoping to avoid that topic entirely.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

After his Fire Punch was Countered, Lance was in a similar situation to Hagane. He was exhausted, he was barely standing, and one more hit would take him out. Still, he managed to get to his feet and take a few steps closer to his teammate. He stopped in front of Hagane, took a massive breath.... and spat out an absolutely pathetic Dragon Rage before falling on top of the Lucario. ”I’m beginning to think we should have just taught them some moves.” He muttered to the lupine form underneath, trying to work up the energy to get up as Luke clapped so loudly the Dragonite was certain he was going to break his hands.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well rattatas. i was kinda hoping to see if the rumors about stones like he's wearing are true..." Rose grumbled to herself in the audience. pulling a few coins from the folds of fabric around her neck and started counting out the right amounts as she wasn't exactly certain if a finish that looked very much like a draw counted as a win or a loss for her bets.

Then she remembers what species the third member of her group is and adds, "er... No offense."

Baja meanwhile has gone up to Atum since he's well outside the 'ring', "Lets go back to the food. Snacks always make me feel better after practicing." she comments before gripping the scruff of his neck gently in her teeth and attempting to hoist him onto her back, since she's bigger than he is. as long as he doesn't struggle, or fall off, she intends to make a beeline back to the serving table inside.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:After his Fire Punch was Countered, Lance was in a similar situation to Hagane. He was exhausted, he was barely standing, and one more hit would take him out. Still, he managed to get to his feet and take a few steps closer to his teammate. He stopped in front of Hagane, took a massive breath.... and spat out an absolutely pathetic Dragon Rage before falling on top of the Lucario. ”I’m beginning to think we should have just taught them some moves.” He muttered to the lupine form underneath, trying to work up the energy to get up as Luke clapped so loudly the Dragonite was certain he was going to break his hands.
The Dragon Rage Lance breathed out was so weak, the purple flames didn't even reach Hagane. However, the Lucario wasn't really in the proper state to dodge when the towering dragon collapsed on top of him, officially ending the fight in a draw between the two of them.

"Mmf... gerroffofme..." Hagane's muffled voice sounded from beneath his friend. Then, Hagane planted his palms on Lance, gathered his focus, breathed deeply, and sent a Heal Pulse straight through the Dragonite.
Buster wrote:"Well rattatas. i was kinda hoping to see if the rumors about stones like he's wearing are true..." Rose grumbled to herself in the audience. pulling a few coins from the folds of fabric around her neck and started counting out the right amounts as she wasn't exactly certain if a finish that looked very much like a draw counted as a win or a loss for her bets.

Then she remembers what species the third member of her group is and adds, "er... No offense."
Kimera cheered at the end of the fight. His dad didn't exactly win, but he thought it was an excellent fight anyway. Then he overheard Rose talk about the stone pendent that Hagane had around his neck.

Kimera's ears drooped slightly. "Um... you really don't want to see Dad when he uses that thing. He gets... really scary..."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

T tilted his head at Kimera, "What do you mean 'really scary'? I thought they were just s'posed to boost your power or something."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:"If that's true, then maybe they are stronger... but there comes a point where it's hard to tell, especially if you're not even close to that level. You can't just point at two Milotic and ask me which is prettier," he shoots as an example, turning to walk up the stairs.

Though, he doesn't address the other question, quietly hoping to avoid that topic entirely.
... "Wait, why can't I do that? I mean the boys tend to have prettier colors than the girls do right?" He darts after Einar. "And by the way... you dont act like you're from a place where people fight a lot, if you hadn't told me so, I'd have guessed you were from a family of scholars or something, you seemed interested in everything besides the battle after all... you dont have to worry I'll assume something if you tell me you're from a place where one of those tribes I mentioned lived... unless its the cannibal place, but thats because I really dont want have to worry about you wanting to eat me." He said that with a smile, clearly joking around. "Still want to see the Rotom's lab by the way?"
Buster wrote:"Well rattatas. i was kinda hoping to see if the rumors about stones like he's wearing are true..." Rose grumbled to herself in the audience. pulling a few coins from the folds of fabric around her neck and started counting out the right amounts as she wasn't exactly certain if a finish that looked very much like a draw counted as a win or a loss for her bets.

Baja meanwhile has gone up to Atum since he's well outside the 'ring', "Lets go back to the food. Snacks always make me feel better after practicing." she comments before gripping the scruff of his neck gently in her teeth and attempting to hoist him onto her back, since she's bigger than he is. as long as he doesn't struggle, or fall off, she intends to make a beeline back to the serving table inside.
Rose might notice her sister having a little more trouble than expected. Atum was deceptively more heavy than he looked, there was a lot of muscle mass he'd built up to even be able to take the lightest punch from the other two. His ears seemed to flicker as he'd picked up on the sound of coins being moved about, trying to guess himself if he needed to worry about his bet now.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

"Wow! That ending was a tad anticlimactic, but before that it was spectacular. Who know a Dragonite could fight like that, using his fall to add more force to his punch?" By now Trent has just about finished up with his dinner so he takes his plate with him as he walks back to the hall with the group.

"None taken" Trent says. "I guess I won the bet since you predicted 'it's Hagane over both of em' and Lance is clearly on top of Hagane." Not even Trent found that pun funny. "But I'd hate to relieve you of your PoKé on such a technicality. The fight ended in a tie for first and no one bet on Atum so let's call it even."
The cape comes with the promotion.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"There's far more important details to take in than a closed fight for the sake of nothing more than pageantry," he snaps again, eyes narrowing at the water-type. "Resources, escape routes, hiding places with solid surrounding structure, knowing who and what your allies are, and much, much more. So why don't we start on something with actual meaning?!"

The rockruff takes a deep breath to rein himself in. "Yes, I'd like to see Mr. Plasma's lab, if that's okay... and as for milotic, their scales aren't different, but their fins are. The guys' fins are shorter," he corrects, still wearing a slight glower.

-----

Chailyn steps in view of the arena, looking somewhat panicked... and gives a sigh of relief as she takes in what's really happened. "Next time you guys have a fight, can you tell me about it before I hear a Hyper Beam during dinner?" the gloom chides in a lighthearted mannerism. "No one's thrilled to hear those kinds of blasts when we're in our homes," she reminds, grabbing a few oran berries from her bag that she filled with them earlier in the day.
Love me right now! Done.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"whuf... why do you weigh as much as one of dad's foldable applecarts?" the ex farmhand complained as she carried atum. rose more focused on the others and not actually noticing them.
CyberDragon wrote:Kimera cheered at the end of the fight. His dad didn't exactly win, but he thought it was an excellent fight anyway. Then he overheard Rose talk about the stone pendent that Hagane had around his neck.

Kimera's ears drooped slightly. "Um... you really don't want to see Dad when he uses that thing. He gets... really scary..."
Deske wrote:T tilted his head at Kimera, "What do you mean 'really scary'? I thought they were just s'posed to boost your power or something."
"Yeah kim, you're gonna have to explain that one." Rose added, a little confused, as she wracked her brain for anything in the stories she'd heard. recalling something about needing to only use them in short bursts but that was it. maybe he was just talking about the power boost itself?
Champion Wallace wrote:"None taken" Trent says. "I guess I won the bet since you predicted 'it's Hagane over both of em' and Lance is clearly on top of Hagane." Not even Trent found that pun funny. "But I'd hate to relieve you of your PoKé on such a technicality. The fight ended in a tie for first and no one bet on Atum so let's call it even."
Laughing at Trent's joke, rose handed over a few of the coins. "Nah, I think it still counts. i'll be more careful with my wording next time. Here."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T tilted his head at Kimera, "What do you mean 'really scary'? I thought they were just s'posed to boost your power or something."
Buster wrote:"whuf... why do you weigh as much as one of dad's foldable applecarts?" the ex farmhand complained as she carried atum. rose more focused on the others and not actually noticing them.

"Yeah kim, you're gonna have to explain that one." Rose added, a little confused, as she wracked her brain for anything in the stories she'd heard. recalling something about needing to only use them in short bursts but that was it. maybe he was just talking about the power boost itself?
"Well... um..." Kimera tapped his hand paws together nervously, suddenly feeling quite shy. "Um... It doesn't just boost your power... It causes you to evolve to a more powerful form than you'd normally be able to. But... but all that power is really hard to control. It... takes over. Changes your mind. Makes you go mad. When he uses the stone, dad... forgets things. Things like mercy... morality... fairness... life..." At this point, Kim was shivering slightly, and sort of hugging himself. "When he uses it... there are only two things: Targets, and the things that get in the way of targets. And the only thing on a mega lucario's mind is destroying that target, no matter what they have to go through to do it."

Kimera looked like he was about to cry. He was shaking badly as clearly bad memories started coming back to him. "I've... only seen dad use it once. To protect me from a pack of feral houndoom... I was never more afraid in my life, but it wasn't... it wasn't the houndoom I was afraid of... Dad... wasn't Dad. His eyes... his aura... it was dark... evil, even..."

It was at this point that he sat down on the ground. He huddled into a ball and buried his face in his arms, sobbing.
-Champion Motto

Champion Wallace

Buster wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:"None taken" Trent says. "I guess I won the bet since you predicted 'it's Hagane over both of em' and Lance is clearly on top of Hagane." Not even Trent found that pun funny. "But I'd hate to relieve you of your PoKé on such a technicality. The fight ended in a tie for first and no one bet on Atum so let's call it even."
Laughing at Trent's joke, rose handed over a few of the coins. "Nah, I think it still counts. i'll be more careful with my wording next time. Here."
"Ok, if you insist I'll accept." Trent says while taking the coins. He thinks for a bit before adding "I know this wasn't in the bet, but in addition to the PoKé do you think you could also give me your name? I don't believe you've introduced yourself."
Buster wrote:"Yeah kim, you're gonna have to explain that one." Rose added, a little confused, as she wracked her brain for anything in the stories she'd heard. recalling something about needing to only use them in short bursts but that was it. maybe he was just talking about the power boost itself?
CyberDragon wrote:"Well... um..." Kimera tapped his hand paws together nervously, suddenly feeling quite shy. "Um... It doesn't just boost your power... It causes you to evolve to a more powerful form than you'd normally be able to. But... but all that power is really hard to control. It... takes over. Changes your mind. Makes you go mad. When he uses the stone, dad... forgets things. Things like mercy... morality... fairness... life..." At this point, Kim was shivering slightly, and sort of hugging himself. "When he uses it... there are only two things: Targets, and the things that get in the way of targets. And the only thing on a mega lucario's mind is destroying that target, no matter what they have to go through to do it."

Kimera looked like he was about to cry. He was shaking badly as clearly bad memories started coming back to him. "I've... only seen dad use it once. To protect me from a pack of feral houndoom... I was never more afraid in my life, but it wasn't... it wasn't the houndoom I was afraid of... Dad... wasn't Dad. His eyes... his aura... it was dark... evil, even..."

It was at this point that he sat down on the ground. He huddled into a ball and buried his face in his arms, sobbing.
"Whoa, whoa. What stone? I've never heard of something like that happening from holding something like a Pledge Rock or an Everstone."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:"There's far more important details to take in than a closed fight for the sake of nothing more than pageantry," he snaps again, eyes narrowing at the water-type. "Resources, escape routes, hiding places with solid surrounding structure, knowing who and what your allies are, and much, much more. So why don't we start on something with actual meaning?!"

The rockruff takes a deep breath to rein himself in. "Yes, I'd like to see Mr. Plasma's lab, if that's okay... and as for milotic, their scales aren't different, but their fins are. The guys' fins are shorter," he corrects, still wearing a slight glower.
... The puzzled look on Scallop's face let Einar know that he may need to keep his knowledge on battles a bit of a secret if he wanted the oshawott not to pry more in the future, though for now the otter had the good sense to look past that. "You sure? Dad told me he always though the males had more vivid colors, though maybe he just has weird eyes considering he can see fine in pitch black." He started ahead of you to what looked like a stone wall... a light knock on it led to an easy to miss whisper. "Password?" "you dont have a password Mr. Plasma" ... this seemed to be the right answer as the wall started to shimmer and disappear, a light screen repurposed if you had to guess.
Leafolawl wrote: Chailyn steps in view of the arena, looking somewhat panicked... and gives a sigh of relief as she takes in what's really happened. "Next time you guys have a fight, can you tell me about it before I hear a Hyper Beam during dinner?" the gloom chides in a lighthearted mannerism. "No one's thrilled to hear those kinds of blasts when we're in our homes," she reminds, grabbing a few oran berries from her bag that she filled with them earlier in the day.
Buster wrote:"whuf... why do you weigh as much as one of dad's foldable applecarts?" the ex farmhand complained as she carried atum. rose more focused on the others and not actually noticing them.
Atum ignored the light insinuation the Liepard made of him being overweight, merely responding to Chailyn as the liepard walked back into the guild with him. "You'd think you'd be used to this by now Chailyn, it's not like those two have ever been good at holding back."
Deske

Post by Deske »

T didn't really know what to do so he just copied what Baja did when he said something sad, leaning back onto his hind legs and wrapping his forepaws around the crying Riolu.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Re-energized by the Heal Pulse, Lance got off of his injured teammate and stood up, brushing off some of the dust from his shoulders. ”Thanks Hagane. Let me help you get up.” He said, before offering his to help pull the Lucario up.
-
Luke joined T in hugging Kim, appearing out of nowhere to comfort the fellow Riolu. ”I’m not sure why you’re sad, but hugs make everything better.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Gameb18oy wrote:Atum ignored the light insinuation the Liepard made of him being overweight, merely responding to Chailyn as the liepard walked back into the guild with him. "You'd think you'd be used to this by now Chailyn, it's not like those two have ever been good at holding back."
The gloom giggles, giving a slight shake of her head as she steps over to hold an oran out for Atum. "You're off schedule. Keeping yourselves sharp is fine, but consistency helps the rest of us not get freaked out." She then turns her attention to Baja, offering a warm smile. "Thanks for helping him,"
Gameb18oy wrote:... The puzzled look on Scallop's face let Einar know that he may need to keep his knowledge on battles a bit of a secret if he wanted the oshawott not to pry more in the future, though for now the otter had the good sense to look past that. "You sure? Dad told me he always though the males had more vivid colors, though maybe he just has weird eyes considering he can see fine in pitch black." He started ahead of you to what looked like a stone wall... a light knock on it led to an easy to miss whisper. "Password?" "you dont have a password Mr. Plasma" ... this seemed to be the right answer as the wall started to shimmer and disappear, a light screen repurposed if you had to guess.
Einar's face scrunches a little in confusion. "Why would you need that kind of extra security on the third floor of a building occupied by a renowned exploration team, recruits, and especially when it's unfinished?" He steps forward to examine the entryway a bit. "Though... good work on the visuals..."
Love me right now! Done.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Right, you popped up after that. I'm rose." The glameow answers. smiling cheerfully before Trent gets derailed by the other conversation going on and she decides to add in, "I don't know what they're called but they're not any of those. the stones we're talking about always have a distinctive two tone band running through their middle in the stories, just like the one the guildmaster is wearing as a pendant."

- - -

Setting atum down now that there's food present, Baja smiles and says a quick "no problem!"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Re-energized by the Heal Pulse, Lance got off of his injured teammate and stood up, brushing off some of the dust from his shoulders. ”Thanks Hagane. Let me help you get up.” He said, before offering his to help pull the Lucario up.
Hagane took the offered hand and stood up, leaning slightly on Lance for support. Unfortunately he couldn't use heal pulse on himself.
Leafolawl wrote:The gloom giggles, giving a slight shake of her head as she steps over to hold an oran out for Atum. "You're off schedule. Keeping yourselves sharp is fine, but consistency helps the rest of us not get freaked out." She then turns her attention to Baja, offering a warm smile. "Thanks for helping him,"
"Mind if I... have one of those berries? ow..."
Deske wrote:T didn't really know what to do so he just copied what Baja did when he said something sad, leaning back onto his hind legs and wrapping his forepaws around the crying Riolu.
Legotron123 wrote:Luke joined T in hugging Kim, appearing out of nowhere to comfort the fellow Riolu. ”I’m not sure why you’re sad, but hugs make everything better.
Kimera was feeling a little better after the hugs. He hugged them both back in return, possibly a bit tighter than he meant to considering his fighting type super strength.
Champion Wallace wrote:"Whoa, whoa. What stone? I've never heard of something like that happening from holding something like a Pledge Rock or an Everstone."
Buster wrote:"Right, you popped up after that. I'm rose." The glameow answers. smiling cheerfully before Trent gets derailed by the other conversation going on and she decides to add in, "I don't know what they're called but they're not any of those. the stones we're talking about always have a distinctive two tone band running through their middle in the stories, just like the one the guildmaster is wearing as a pendant."
Kimera sniffed a bit, trying to regain his composure. "It's... Dad called it lucarionite."
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:... The puzzled look on Scallop's face let Einar know that he may need to keep his knowledge on battles a bit of a secret if he wanted the oshawott not to pry more in the future, though for now the otter had the good sense to look past that. "You sure? Dad told me he always though the males had more vivid colors, though maybe he just has weird eyes considering he can see fine in pitch black." He started ahead of you to what looked like a stone wall... a light knock on it led to an easy to miss whisper. "Password?" "you dont have a password Mr. Plasma" ... this seemed to be the right answer as the wall started to shimmer and disappear, a light screen repurposed if you had to guess.
Einar's face scrunches a little in confusion. "Why would you need that kind of extra security on the third floor of a building occupied by a renowned exploration team, recruits, and especially when it's unfinished?" He steps forward to examine the entryway a bit. "Though... good work on the visuals..."
Einar almost immediately after stepping in... felt his legs stiffen for a moment... and slowly move on their own, trying to turn him around. He felt Scallop tugging on his tail before he got very far. "Plasma, out of him, you know what they said they'd do to you if you kept possessing anyone we took to see your lab" Einar remains still for a bit, feeling the grip on his muscles weaken as the ghost stopped possessing him. It floated in front of Einar and Scallop, an irritated frown on his face. "Did your father give you permission to enter Scallop?" He was glaring at Einar as he said that, clearly upset at the idea of having to show his creations that were not yet complete, especially to someone he didn't already know. "He gives me permission to check on anything in the guild, and considering Einar wanted to see your stuff, I want in here too" Plasma raised an eye at that. "Why is that? Most of the tech you non Ectoplasmic lifeforms can use are not yet complete, what-" Scallop motioned for the rockruff to follow as he walked into the lab. Plasma hurriedly dashed forward, deciding he'd likely be smart and hide a few things he wasn't ready to share yet.
Buster wrote: Setting atum down now that there's food present, Baja smiles and says a quick "no problem!"
Atum got to work using moonlight to handle his wounds as he awaited the other two now that his feet were on the ground.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar shakes his head as he regains control. "Wha..?" He blinks a few times after them, then starts frowning as he follows. "Was that really necessary? If you don't want visitors you can just say," the rockruff calls after Plasma. "... It's going to take forever to smooth my fur back down after all that static..." he grumbles, trying to brush some of it away from his rocks.

-----

Chailyn sighs, standing. "Maybe do that instead of have your recruits carry you," the gloom quietly says, then bounces over to Hagane. "Here," she begins, offering the requested oran. "I know it isn't going to be perfect, but it should at least do away with the stiffness and most of the soreness."
Love me right now! Done.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lance gently set Hagane down in a chair next to Chailyn, before grabbing a few more Oran berries and placing them next to the Lucario. ”We probably should’ve gotten these ready before the fight, but there’s a lot of things we should’ve done better with the fight.”
-
Luke’s brow furrowed at the mention of a Lucarionite. ”What the heck is a Lucari-oh!” His ears perked up as he remembered something. ”Is that a Mega Stone? My grampa mentioned something about those. He said they unlocked a “sue-dough evolution” that makes you a lot more powerful but drives you mad. Then he started rambling about legendaries and how most ancient heroes were secretly shapeshifted aliens and I lost interest.”

Deske

Post by Deske »

T let out a sharp exhale as Kimera's hug practically forced the air out of his lungs, but otherwise he was hiding his discomfort rather well.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T let out a sharp exhale as Kimera's hug practically forced the air out of his lungs, but otherwise he was hiding his discomfort rather well.
"Oh... Sorry." Kimera said, letting go of T.
Legotron123 wrote:Luke’s brow furrowed at the mention of a Lucarionite. ”What the heck is a Lucari-oh!” His ears perked up as he remembered something. ”Is that a Mega Stone? My grampa mentioned something about those. He said they unlocked a “sue-dough evolution” that makes you a lot more powerful but drives you mad. Then he started rambling about legendaries and how most ancient heroes were secretly shapeshifted aliens and I lost interest.”
"Your grandpa sounds awesome." Kimera laughed, feeling better. "Yeah, it's a Mega Stone. Yeah, it makes you powerful, but also makes you crazy. Dangerously crazy."

- - - - -
Leafolawl wrote:Chailyn sighs, standing. "Maybe do that instead of have your recruits carry you," the gloom quietly says, then bounces over to Hagane. "Here," she begins, offering the requested oran. "I know it isn't going to be perfect, but it should at least do away with the stiffness and most of the soreness."
"Thanks, Chailyn." Hagane said, accepting the berry and taking a bite out of it. It definitely wasn't enough, but it at least eased the pain and did so immediately.
Legotron123 wrote:Lance gently set Hagane down in a chair next to Chailyn, before grabbing a few more Oran berries and placing them next to the Lucario. ”We probably should’ve gotten these ready before the fight, but there’s a lot of things we should’ve done better with the fight.”
"Indeed. It wasn't very well planned out. But it was... fun... at least." Hagane said before quickly eating as many of the Oran berries as his already somewhat full stomach could handle. As he ate, his attention turned to Kimera. He could tell that his son had just stopped crying, and he could tell why he was crying in the first place. "Someone brought up my pendant." He said.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:Einar shakes his head as he regains control. "Wha..?" He blinks a few times after them, then starts frowning as he follows. "Was that really necessary? If you don't want visitors you can just say," the rockruff calls after Plasma. "... It's going to take forever to smooth my fur back down after all that static..." he grumbles, trying to brush some of it away from his rocks.
"If you had a means to stop people from doing what you didn't want them to, you're saying you wouldn't?" You see his little body darting about the room as you and Scallop enter the room. "... Sorry about that, I likely should have warned you... and you should just carry a cleanse tag with you if you don't want him to possess you. Dad said some ghosts can't help it, something about a mischievous nature or something" He picks up a doodad off a table... "Don't recognize this one" Plasma quickly snatches it from the oshawott's hands. "I would appreciate you not touching my data collection armor's base before I've finished it Scallop" He looked over at Einar "I'd like to get this over with quickly so tell me what you want to know so I can answer it and get back to work faster" The rockruff couldn't tell who the glare the rotom was giving was aimed, but its beady little eyes made it hard to take them seriously.
Leafolawl wrote:Chailyn sighs, standing. "Maybe do that instead of have your recruits carry you," the gloom quietly says, then bounces over to Hagane. "Here," she begins, offering the requested oran. "I know it isn't going to be perfect, but it should at least do away with the stiffness and most of the soreness."
Legotron123 wrote:Lance gently set Hagane down in a chair next to Chailyn, before grabbing a few more Oran berries and placing them next to the Lucario. ”We probably should’ve gotten these ready before the fight, but there’s a lot of things we should’ve done better with the fight.”
-
Luke’s brow furrowed at the mention of a Lucarionite. ”What the heck is a Lucari-oh!” His ears perked up as he remembered something. ”Is that a Mega Stone? My grampa mentioned something about those. He said they unlocked a “sue-dough evolution” that makes you a lot more powerful but drives you mad. Then he started rambling about legendaries and how most ancient heroes were secretly shapeshifted aliens and I lost interest.”
CyberDragon wrote:
Deske wrote:T let out a sharp exhale as Kimera's hug practically forced the air out of his lungs, but otherwise he was hiding his discomfort rather well.
"Oh... Sorry." Kimera said, letting go of T.
Legotron123 wrote:Luke’s brow furrowed at the mention of a Lucarionite. ”What the heck is a Lucari-oh!” His ears perked up as he remembered something. ”Is that a Mega Stone? My grampa mentioned something about those. He said they unlocked a “sue-dough evolution” that makes you a lot more powerful but drives you mad. Then he started rambling about legendaries and how most ancient heroes were secretly shapeshifted aliens and I lost interest.”
"Your grandpa sounds awesome." Kimera laughed, feeling better. "Yeah, it's a Mega Stone. Yeah, it makes you powerful, but also makes you crazy. Dangerously crazy."

- - - - -
"Thanks, Chailyn." Hagane said, accepting the berry and taking a bite out of it. It definitely wasn't enough, but it at least eased the pain and did so immediately.
"Indeed. It wasn't very well planned out. But it was... fun... at least." Hagane said before quickly eating as many of the Oran berries as his already somewhat full stomach could handle. As he ate, his attention turned to Kimera. He could tell that his son had just stopped crying, and he could tell why he was crying in the first place. "Someone brought up my pendant." He said.
Atum listened carefully to all the talk around him, merely rolling his eyes at the mild criticism of Chailyn. "Keep in mind the Liepard picked me Chai. I wasn't about to refuse a ride when I have more than just tired feet. Moonlight doesn't heal everything immediately after all." He gave a warning glance to Hagane, keeping up talk on mega stones could lead to having to talk about the instances Hagane stayed in that form too long... and those memories were painful for everyone, especially Hagane's boy.
Champion Wallace

Buster wrote:"Right, you popped up after that. I'm rose." The glameow answers. smiling cheerfully before Trent gets derailed by the other conversation going on and she decides to add in, "I don't know what they're called but they're not any of those. the stones we're talking about always have a distinctive two tone band running through their middle in the stories, just like the one the guildmaster is wearing as a pendant."
"Thanks. Would you happen to know the names of that crazy Liepard, the shy Rockruff and the Oshawott he's with?"
CyberDragon wrote:Kimera sniffed a bit, trying to regain his composure. "It's... Dad called it lucarionite."
"That sounds like it should be a weird hybrid between a Lucario and a Dragonite, but really it seems much scarier than that. If we ever come across a rock like that, remind be never to touch it. I don't want that happening to me."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"If you mean my sister, that's Baja. the Rockruff is Einar, and..." Rose pauses, furrowing her brows a moment and tapping a paw against her chin, "I can't remember the other one's name."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Gameb18oy wrote:"If you had a means to stop people from doing what you didn't want them to, you're saying you wouldn't?" You see his little body darting about the room as you and Scallop enter the room. "... Sorry about that, I likely should have warned you... and you should just carry a cleanse tag with you if you don't want him to possess you. Dad said some ghosts can't help it, something about a mischievous nature or something" He picks up a doodad off a table... "Don't recognize this one" Plasma quickly snatches it from the oshawott's hands. "I would appreciate you not touching my data collection armor's base before I've finished it Scallop" He looked over at Einar "I'd like to get this over with quickly so tell me what you want to know so I can answer it and get back to work faster" The rockruff couldn't tell who the glare the rotom was giving was aimed, but its beady little eyes made it hard to take them seriously.
Einar stares a moment, running over how Plasma has acted and talked in his mind, then takes a breath. "You're right that I would make use of that if I needed to, at the very least—but you simply assumed you need to. You're clearly concerned about your work's secrecy, so out of respect for that, I won't even ask. The less I know, the better. I came here to learn about you before anything else anyway, and I'd say this has been informative." He turns around to walk out. "Come on, Scallop. I think I learned what I needed to from this."

-----
CyberDragon wrote:"Thanks, Chailyn." Hagane said, accepting the berry and taking a bite out of it. It definitely wasn't enough, but it at least eased the pain and did so immediately.
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum listened carefully to all the talk around him, merely rolling his eyes at the mild criticism of Chailyn. "Keep in mind the Liepard picked me Chai. I wasn't about to refuse a ride when I have more than just tired feet. Moonlight doesn't heal everything immediately after all." He gave a warning glance to Hagane, keeping up talk on mega stones could lead to having to talk about the instances Hagane stayed in that form too long... and those memories were painful for everyone, especially Hagane's boy.
"Well, it sounds to me like everyone could use some sleep to recover from today, be it from travel or from an impromptu fight," the gloom recommends, speaking up for the whole crowd. "It'll do everyone more good than the berries, and help everyone to gather themselves. It's a lot of new faces for everyone. I'm sure there's a lot of questions that can be answered tomorrow that would only put more stress on tonight."

"And Hagane, you might want to reassure your son you're here, not the pokémon from the pendant," she adds much quieter. "There's no replacing a father's protection. No words needed."
Love me right now! Done.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Champion Wallace wrote:"That sounds like it should be a weird hybrid between a Lucario and a Dragonite, but really it seems much scarier than that. If we ever come across a rock like that, remind be never to touch it. I don't want that happening to me."
"Um... well, it wouldn't do anything to you, I don't think." Kimera said. "It only effects Lucario. Like, it wouldn't even effect me, even if I wanted to use it. Or go anywhere near it."
Leafolawl wrote:"Well, it sounds to me like everyone could use some sleep to recover from today, be it from travel or from an impromptu fight," the gloom recommends, speaking up for the whole crowd. "It'll do everyone more good than the berries, and help everyone to gather themselves. It's a lot of new faces for everyone. I'm sure there's a lot of questions that can be answered tomorrow that would only put more stress on tonight."

"And Hagane, you might want to reassure your son you're here, not the pokémon from the pendant," she adds much quieter. "There's no replacing a father's protection. No words needed."
"That does sound like a good idea." Hagane said. He stood up and walked over to where Kimera and the others were, hiding his pendent from view behind his back. "Everyone, it's getting late. You should probably make your way to your rooms. Kimera, I would like to speak with you privately, if I could."

Kimera nodded nervously, and went to stand by Hagane.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

T took in a deep breath as Kimera let go of him, "It's fine. I'm just glad that you're feeling better," he said with a small smile. He listened to the short talk about Lucarionite and, at the mention of having a room that wasn't a dirt hole, couldn't hide a few excited wags of his tail.
Champion Wallace

Buster wrote:"If you mean my sister, that's Baja. the Rockruff is Einar, and..." Rose pauses, furrowing her brows a moment and tapping a paw against her chin, "I can't remember the other one's name."
"She's your sister?! Um..." Trent stutters, not sure what to say to someone after calling their sister crazy. "You, uh, don't look very much alike. I guess I'll have to track down that Oshawott and ask him for his name. Thanks anyway."
CyberDragon wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:"That sounds like it should be a weird hybrid between a Lucario and a Dragonite, but really it seems much scarier than that. If we ever come across a rock like that, remind be never to touch it. I don't want that happening to me."
"Um... well, it wouldn't do anything to you, I don't think." Kimera said. "It only effects Lucario. Like, it wouldn't even effect me, even if I wanted to use it. Or go anywhere near it."
"That's a relief. I guess growing up holds extra significance for you when you have that rock to worry about."
CyberDragon wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:"Well, it sounds to me like everyone could use some sleep to recover from today, be it from travel or from an impromptu fight," the gloom recommends, speaking up for the whole crowd. "It'll do everyone more good than the berries, and help everyone to gather themselves. It's a lot of new faces for everyone. I'm sure there's a lot of questions that can be answered tomorrow that would only put more stress on tonight."

"That does sound like a good idea." Hagane said. He stood up and walked over to where Kimera and the others were, hiding his pendent from view behind his back. "Everyone, it's getting late. You should probably make your way to your rooms. Kimera, I would like to speak with you privately, if I could."

Kimera nodded nervously, and went to stand by Hagane.
"Awww. But we just had supper. Can't we stay up a little longer?" A moment passes as a thought occurs to Trent. "Wait, I'm new here. I don't have a room."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Buster wrote:"If you mean my sister, that's Baja. the Rockruff is Einar, and..." Rose pauses, furrowing her brows a moment and tapping a paw against her chin, "I can't remember the other one's name."
"She's your sister?! Um..." Trent stutters, not sure what to say to someone after calling their sister crazy. "You, uh, don't look very much alike. I guess I'll have to track down that Oshawott and ask him for his name. Thanks anyway."
"Yep." Rose says, emphasizing the tail end of the word to the point of almost making a popping sound. grinning in a way that makes her incisors clearly visible without necessarily looking overtly threatening, though certainly off. "Ah whats the rush? I'm sure one of this lot knows him." she comments dismissively, trying to loop a forepaw over his shoulder. "not. another. word. clear?"

all the while she's mentally practicing card combinations and scenarios for some game, drowning anything else out.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I don't think we really get assigned rooms," T said to Trent, "I think you just kinda pick and choose."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"For now, you can arrange among yourselves who sleeps where." Hagane said. "Though once you have your teams, you will normally share a room with them."
Deske wrote:"I don't think we really get assigned rooms," T said to Trent, "I think you just kinda pick and choose."
"You can share my room if you'd like! It's on the second floor, first door to the left of the stairs." Kimera said, his own tail wagging.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Luke looked like he wanted to continue the conversation, but a tap on the shoulder from his father stopped him before he could start. ”Come on Luke. We need to head home.”
”Aw, can’t we stay a little longer? I wanna keep talking with these guys.”
Alan shook his head. ”Sorry, but no. We need to get home, and they need to find their rooms.”
Luke pouted, but eventually conceded. ”Nice talking to you all. See you guys tomorrow.” He said as he followed his dad out of the room.
-
”One thing I would like to inform those of you who are boarding with us is that we do have a curfew of sundown.” Lance said, stepping next to Hagane to address the room. ”Miss Taylor is the one responsible for enforcing the curfew, and if she or her Combee catch you outside your rooms after dark without a good reason, you will find out why we store all the Slumber Wands in her room.”

Deske

Post by Deske »

"O-oh, okay!" T said, trying very hard to not show how excited he was. He paid special attention to what Lance said about being out after dark.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:"If you had a means to stop people from doing what you didn't want them to, you're saying you wouldn't?" You see his little body darting about the room as you and Scallop enter the room. "... Sorry about that, I likely should have warned you... and you should just carry a cleanse tag with you if you don't want him to possess you. Dad said some ghosts can't help it, something about a mischievous nature or something" He picks up a doodad off a table... "Don't recognize this one" Plasma quickly snatches it from the oshawott's hands. "I would appreciate you not touching my data collection armor's base before I've finished it Scallop" He looked over at Einar "I'd like to get this over with quickly so tell me what you want to know so I can answer it and get back to work faster" The rockruff couldn't tell who the glare the rotom was giving was aimed, but its beady little eyes made it hard to take them seriously.
Einar stares a moment, running over how Plasma has acted and talked in his mind, then takes a breath. "You're right that I would make use of that if I needed to, at the very least—but you simply assumed you need to. You're clearly concerned about your work's secrecy, so out of respect for that, I won't even ask. The less I know, the better. I came here to learn about you before anything else anyway, and I'd say this has been informative." He turns around to walk out. "Come on, Scallop. I think I learned what I needed to from this."
... The rotom darted in front of Einar... "... that quickly you give up? It took months to make the others give me space..." The rotom suddenly smiled. "If you want to learn, I think I'd be delighted to let you stay here, some of my work is made difficult not having hands after all" Scallop chuckled a bit. "Plasma likes anyone whose not pushy with him. Dad say's it only natural as his old boss gave him limited privacy. Even if you say no to his second attempt to make someone his assistant, I think you just became one of the few people he actually likes in the place."
Legotron123 wrote:”One thing I would like to inform those of you who are boarding with us is that we do have a curfew of sundown.” Lance said, stepping next to Hagane to address the room. ”Miss Taylor is the one responsible for enforcing the curfew, and if she or her Combee catch you outside your rooms after dark without a good reason, you will find out why we store all the Slumber Wands in her room.”
Champion Wallace wrote:

Atum was already leaving the area to get to his own room, not bothering to explain to the new recruits why he was so eager to get to sleep. He did take a few seconds to respond to Trent though. "That oshawott's name is Scallop. Hopefully you'll get along well with him."
Champion Wallace

Buster wrote:"Yep." Rose says, emphasizing the tail end of the word to the point of almost making a popping sound. grinning in a way that makes her incisors clearly visible without necessarily looking overtly threatening, though certainly off. "Ah whats the rush? I'm sure one of this lot knows him." she comments dismissively, trying to loop a forepaw over his shoulder. "not. another. word. clear?"

all the while she's mentally practicing card combinations and scenarios for some game, drowning anything else out.
Trent does his best to nonchalantly sidestep her grasping appendage. "That better not be a threat. I'm strong."
CyberDragon wrote:"For now, you can arrange among yourselves who sleeps where." Hagane said. "Though once you have your teams, you will normally share a room with them."
"Oh, ok." Trent says, slightly uncomfortable with the idea of sharing a room. "Are there any rooms available that look out on the forrest?"
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum was already leaving the area to get to his own room, not bothering to explain to the new recruits why he was so eager to get to sleep. He did take a few seconds to respond to Trent though. "That oshawott's name is Scallop. Hopefully you'll get along well with him."
"Thanks. Hey, maybe I could room with him for now."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rose actually seems to think Trent's bravado is humorous if her reaction to his hushed words is anything to go by. Looking over the rodent, she seems to be sizing him up before speaking again.

"Not a threat, a warning. Besides, We're the same type, and unless I'm wrong, which I rarely am about this sort of thing, I'm pretty sure I out class you in every way, tactically. Even if I didn't, I can always count on Baja to Assist me, and she's twice as strong as I am. so it's best you keep that particular no-win scenario purely hypothetical, hmmm?" Rose smiles sweetly as she speaks in a hushed tone, though the mirth in her eyes is hard to mask.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Luke looked like he wanted to continue the conversation, but a tap on the shoulder from his father stopped him before he could start. ”Come on Luke. We need to head home.”
”Aw, can’t we stay a little longer? I wanna keep talking with these guys.”
Alan shook his head. ”Sorry, but no. We need to get home, and they need to find their rooms.”
Luke pouted, but eventually conceded. ”Nice talking to you all. See you guys tomorrow.” He said as he followed his dad out of the room.
-
”One thing I would like to inform those of you who are boarding with us is that we do have a curfew of sundown.” Lance said, stepping next to Hagane to address the room. ”Miss Taylor is the one responsible for enforcing the curfew, and if she or her Combee catch you outside your rooms after dark without a good reason, you will find out why we store all the Slumber Wands in her room.”
Kimera waved enthusiastically at Luke as he left. "See you tomorrow, Luke!"

Hagane leaned a little closer to Lance and started speaking to him, quietly. "I will need you help, as I believe Atum is going to sleep early tonight. As usual. You will have to lock the locks on my door when I turn in for the night. All of them. I plan to train tonight."

Hagane stood up and pulled his son aside to talk to him in private.

"Kim..." Hagane started, not exactly sure how to proceed. "Son, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I put you through that day. I am sorry for what you saw the Mega form do. I can never take back what happened. But right now, I am here. The monster is not."

Kimera looked nervously at the pendent. "Why do you wear it?" he sniffed.

"Kimera..." Hagane knelt down to be eye level with his son. "It is just a necklace. It's just a pretty rock on a chain. The only time it isn't is when there are far greater things to fear than the monster."

"What could be worse?"

Hagane reached forward and hugged Kimera. "The thought of loosing you. That was what I was afraid of that day. I was afraid that pack would..." He couldn't finish the sentence. Instead he just hugged Kimera tighter. He let go and looked straight at Kimera. "But you're safe, and I'm here. I won't let the monster hurt you. As long as the mega stone is with me, where I can keep an eye on it, the monster can't do anything, and no one can use it to do anything." Hagane stood up. "Do you understand what I'm saying? You do not have to be afraid. Not right now. Respect the power of the mega stones. Fear of that power is healthy. But don't live in fear of it. Understand?"

"Yes dad." Kimera said, looking down slightly and nodding.

"Good." Hagane leaned down to give Kimera another hug, then stood up again. "Now. Why don't you go and show your new roommate to where he'll be sleeping? I have something I have to do right now."

Kimera perked up quite a bit. Nodding, he rushed off to find T.
Deske wrote:"O-oh, okay!" T said, trying very hard to not show how excited he was. He paid special attention to what Lance said about being out after dark.
Kimera got back from his chat with his father and ran up to T. "Follow me! I'll show you to my room! It's getting dark out, so we should hurry before the combee start their patrols."
Champion Wallace wrote:
Buster wrote:"Yep." Rose says, emphasizing the tail end of the word to the point of almost making a popping sound. grinning in a way that makes her incisors clearly visible without necessarily looking overtly threatening, though certainly off. "Ah whats the rush? I'm sure one of this lot knows him." she comments dismissively, trying to loop a forepaw over his shoulder. "not. another. word. clear?"

Trent does his best to nonchalantly sidestep her grasping appendage. "That better not be a threat. I'm strong."
CyberDragon wrote:"For now, you can arrange among yourselves who sleeps where." Hagane said. "Though once you have your teams, you will normally share a room with them."
"Oh, ok." Trent says, slightly uncomfortable with the idea of sharing a room. "Are there any rooms available that look out on the forrest?"
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum was already leaving the area to get to his own room, not bothering to explain to the new recruits why he was so eager to get to sleep. He did take a few seconds to respond to Trent though. "That oshawott's name is Scallop. Hopefully you'll get along well with him."
"Thanks. Hey, maybe I could room with him for now."
Buster wrote:Rose actually seems to think Trent's bravado is humorous if her reaction to his hushed words is anything to go by. Looking over the rodent, she seems to be sizing him up before speaking again.

"Not a threat, a warning. Besides, We're the same type, and unless I'm wrong, which I rarely am about this sort of thing, I'm pretty sure I out class you in every way, tactically. Even if I didn't, I can always count on Baja to Assist me, and she's twice as strong as I am. so it's best you keep that particular no-win scenario purely hypothetical, hmmm?" Rose smiles sweetly as she speaks in a hushed tone, though the mirth in her eyes is hard to mask.
Hagane appeared quite suddenly next to the pair. "I apologize for running off like that before answering your question. Any of the rooms on the north side of the second floor wings will have a view of the forest."

And I believe I said before that threats of violence are not to be tolerated in this guild hall. Hagane spoke to the both of them telepathically. "Anyone starting a fight will have to fight me first. Understood?"
-Champion Motto

Champion Wallace

Trent looks like he was about to do something, but desists as soon as Hagane arrives with extreme haste. “Thank you sir, yes sir, of course sir.” Trent saunters of to scout out the different sleeping quarters, but not before whispering to Rose “You’re fortunate that the guild master stepped in.” As he walks off, Trent is visibly bothered by something.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T waited patiently for Kimera to get finish talking with his dad. His ears perked a little with excitement when he got back. "Yeah, I don't really want to run into them," he said as he followed Kimera to his room.