Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Leafolawl

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Gameb18oy wrote:... The rotom darted in front of Einar... "... that quickly you give up? It took months to make the others give me space..." The rotom suddenly smiled. "If you want to learn, I think I'd be delighted to let you stay here, some of my work is made difficult not having hands after all" Scallop chuckled a bit. "Plasma likes anyone whose not pushy with him. Dad say's it only natural as his old boss gave him limited privacy. Even if you say no to his second attempt to make someone his assistant, I think you just became one of the few people he actually likes in the place."
The rockruff looks back at Scallop, then the other way to look over the lab. "... I'm sure I could learn something working with you," he begins, then looks down as he lifts a forepaw. "Though, I'm not much of an improvements as far as limbs go... Besides, I haven't given up since—as far as I'm concerned—I did what I came to do; I learned about you. Not only that, it's late, and you're not the first pokémon to offer me what could be called an apprenticeship... So, with respect, I have a bit to think about, and sleep to get being a non-ghost type."

-----
Legotron123 wrote:”One thing I would like to inform those of you who are boarding with us is that we do have a curfew of sundown.” Lance said, stepping next to Hagane to address the room. ”Miss Taylor is the one responsible for enforcing the curfew, and if she or her Combee catch you outside your rooms after dark without a good reason, you will find out why we store all the Slumber Wands in her room.”
Chailyn steps up beside the dragonite. "Let them know I'm sorry for coming by so late in the day. I'll be off home again if you have nothing else for today," she informs, smiling at him with her usual patience.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Champion Wallace wrote:Trent looks like he was about to do something, but desists as soon as Hagane arrives with extreme haste. “Thank you sir, yes sir, of course sir.” Trent saunters of to scout out the different sleeping quarters, but not before whispering to Rose “You’re fortunate that the guild master stepped in.” As he walks off, Trent is visibly bothered by something.
"What did I literally just say?!" Hagane said as Trent walked off. Then, one of the aura sensors on the back of his head lifted up, picking up on a thought from Trent that raised one of the guildmaster's eyebrows. Hagane's eyes glowed, and the rest of the aura sensors lifted slightly as he watched the rattata. His eyes narrowed, but he didn't do anything about what he saw. Not yet. He would have to discuss this with Trent in private first.

---------------------------
Deske wrote:T waited patiently for Kimera to get finish talking with his dad. His ears perked a little with excitement when he got back. "Yeah, I don't really want to run into them," he said as he followed Kimera to his room.
It was easy to tell that Kimera was excited about this. He was practically bouncing up and down as the two walked. They climbed up the stairs and Kimera showed T to his room, pushing open the first door to the left once they were up the stairs.

Kimera's room was fairly large for a bedroom. There were plenty of toys around. However, being toys mostly for fighting type pokemon, many of them would actually be closer considered professional gym equipment. Also in the room were at least three of the softest, most comfortable looking beds one could expect in a place as nice as a guild hall. "I hope you like your stay here!" Kimera said.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Buster wrote:"Yep." Rose says, emphasizing the tail end of the word to the point of almost making a popping sound. grinning in a way that makes her incisors clearly visible without necessarily looking overtly threatening, though certainly off. "Ah whats the rush? I'm sure one of this lot knows him." she comments dismissively, trying to loop a forepaw over his shoulder. "not. another. word. clear?"

all the while she's mentally practicing card combinations and scenarios for some game, drowning anything else out.
Trent does his best to nonchalantly sidestep her grasping appendage. "That better not be a threat. I'm strong."
CyberDragon wrote:"For now, you can arrange among yourselves who sleeps where." Hagane said. "Though once you have your teams, you will normally share a room with them."
"Oh, ok." Trent says, slightly uncomfortable with the idea of sharing a room. "Are there any rooms available that look out on the forrest?"
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum was already leaving the area to get to his own room, not bothering to explain to the new recruits why he was so eager to get to sleep. He did take a few seconds to respond to Trent though. "That oshawott's name is Scallop. Hopefully you'll get along well with him."
"Thanks. Hey, maybe I could room with him for now."
Atum smirks "Perhaps... I'll let him know where your room is if I see him before you do" He dashes off, leaving a light trail of dust as he headed for his bed.
Leafolawl wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:... The rotom darted in front of Einar... "... that quickly you give up? It took months to make the others give me space..." The rotom suddenly smiled. "If you want to learn, I think I'd be delighted to let you stay here, some of my work is made difficult not having hands after all" Scallop chuckled a bit. "Plasma likes anyone whose not pushy with him. Dad say's it only natural as his old boss gave him limited privacy. Even if you say no to his second attempt to make someone his assistant, I think you just became one of the few people he actually likes in the place."
The rockruff looks back at Scallop, then the other way to look over the lab. "... I'm sure I could learn something working with you," he begins, then looks down as he lifts a forepaw. "Though, I'm not much of an improvements as far as limbs go... Besides, I haven't given up since—as far as I'm concerned—I did what I came to do; I learned about you. Not only that, it's late, and you're not the first pokémon to offer me what could be called an apprenticeship... So, with respect, I have a bit to think about, and sleep to get being a non-ghost type."
Plasma's eyes seemed to turn like gears in his head as he processed what was said. "Peculiar that you already know about that trait for ghost types... though not completely accurate, I require little sleep not none..." He made a light motion to a corner of the lab, a bed made of hay was laid out sloppily there. "If you find no one else is willing to room with you, feel free to return here, that spot would be more useful to an organic being like yourself." Scallop starts to walk ahead of the dog out of the hidden room. "Make sure to keep that lab a mild secret by the way, my dad say's its as much for us as for him that we keep Plasma's workplace out of sight"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Seeing the guild master practically blow up at trent, rose just cant take his parting words seriously and starts laughing.

"So um... Mr atum... which room would have the most fluffy things? cause i wana be in that one."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T busied himself with sniffing around practically the entire room for a few minutes before crawling into one of the beds and burying himself in the covers, "It's so soft!" he excitedly shouted from underneath covers. "And there's so much stuff!" He said as he poked his head from underneath covers at the foot of the bed. His eyes glanced around the room in pure amazement before they landed on Kimera, "Do I really get to live here?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Seeing the guild master practically blow up at trent, rose just cant take his parting words seriously and starts laughing.
"That goes for you, too. No threatening others, no fighting except for in a supervised training session. Now, if you'll excuse me..." Hagane walked off, straight toward Lance.

"Lance, I am going to turn in early tonight. I need assistance with my door, if you would please come with me." Hagane stated, gesturing for the dragonite to follow him.

-------------
Deske wrote:T busied himself with sniffing around practically the entire room for a few minutes before crawling into one of the beds and burying himself in the covers, "It's so soft!" he excitedly shouted from underneath covers. "And there's so much stuff!" He said as he poked his head from underneath covers at the foot of the bed. His eyes glanced around the room in pure amazement before they landed on Kimera, "Do I really get to live here?"
"Yeah! As long as you're with the guild, you get to live here!" Kimera said with a big grin on his face. "We'll get to be room mates and friends and have lots of fun! Do you like it here?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah I think I do. I've got some stuff back at my old place that I want to bring here. Want to help me with that tomorrow, if we've got time?" T said, crawling from underneath the blankets and standing up on the bed.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"It wasn't a threat. I was just reminding him that it's foolish to pick fights he can't win. I'd say that falls more under 'sound advice' than anything." Rose states mater-of-factly as she saunters off to find a suitable room. "Not my fault he took it the wrong way." she was already through the door by the time she finishes talking.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Buster wrote:"It wasn't a threat. I was just reminding him that it's foolish to pick fights he can't win. I'd say that falls more under 'sound advice' than anything." Rose states mater-of-factly as she saunters off to find a suitable room. "Not my fault he took it the wrong way." she was already through the door by the time she finishes talking.
”That’zzz zztill threating him. You’re juzzt being coy about it.” One of the Combee piped up from near the door. It looked a bit smaller than the others, and seemed to just be observing the room.
CyberDragon wrote:"That goes for you, too. No threatening others, no fighting except for in a supervised training session. Now, if you'll excuse me..." Hagane walked off, straight toward Lance.

"Lance, I am going to turn in early tonight. I need assistance with my door, if you would please come with me." Hagane stated, gesturing for the dragonite to follow him.
Lance gave a quick nod before following the Lucario. Once they were out of earshot of anyone they didn’t want to listen in, Lance spoke up. ”So are you going to try it again tonight?” He asked, a concerned look on his face.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"Yeah I think I do. I've got some stuff back at my old place that I want to bring here. Want to help me with that tomorrow, if we've got time?" T said, crawling from underneath the blankets and standing up on the bed.
"I'd be happy to help!" Kimera said, bouncing up and down a bit. "I like lifting things! And carrying things! Heavy things! You can tell from my toys, I think." He said, pointing to the very heavy looking weight-lifting equipment for young fighting types. "What kinds of stuff do you got to get?"
Legotron123 wrote:Lance gave a quick nod before following the Lucario. Once they were out of earshot of anyone they didn’t want to listen in, Lance spoke up. ”So are you going to try it again tonight?” He asked, a concerned look on his face.
Lance didn't answer until they were right outside of his room on the third floor. The Lucario's door looked more like it belonged to a maximum security vault. There were at least a dozen different locks on the outside of the solid steel door alone. Deadbolts, padlocks, a knob lock, and four heavy-duty chain locks. "I must learn control, Lance. There will come a time where I will have to use it again, and I refuse to let it go the same way it did before. I hired some extra help this time. I'm worried the locks won't be enough, and the combee could use it on the chance that they fail. They should be here soon."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Those are toys?" T said to himself as he looked at the workout equipment. He turned back to Kimera after a few seconds of wondering how those qualified as toys, "I got a few berries that I kept cause they didn't look like the normal ones, some weird pieces of fabric that I, uh, found and some sort of shiny rock." At no point did he make eye contact with Kimera while mentioning the fabrics or the rock. "Mostly regular berries though."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Gameb18oy wrote:Plasma's eyes seemed to turn like gears in his head as he processed what was said. "Peculiar that you already know about that trait for ghost types... though not completely accurate, I require little sleep not none..." He made a light motion to a corner of the lab, a bed made of hay was laid out sloppily there. "If you find no one else is willing to room with you, feel free to return here, that spot would be more useful to an organic being like yourself." Scallop starts to walk ahead of the dog out of the hidden room. "Make sure to keep that lab a mild secret by the way, my dad say's its as much for us as for him that we keep Plasma's workplace out of sight"
"I mean, I've only heard of a lab, not sure about you," Einar replies to Scallop with as he steps to the doorway... then pauses to look back. "We can discuss whether or not that qualifies as sleep at a later time. Until then, good luck with your work." He yawns, returning his attention to Scallop. "So a good backup, but I'm going to see if there's another bed available. It'll be easier for Plasma if I don't have to explain that there's a bed hidden somewhere in the base."

-----

With Lance having followed Hagane, leaving the room devoid of guild leaders as Atum sprinted off for his bed, the gloom turns her attention towards the liepard. "The room with the most fluffy things would probably be whatever room the rockruff sleeps in. The guildmasters don't tend to furnish the spare rooms overmuch. You can probably get some pillows once the trades are back up, as well," Chailyn offers with a smile. "Though, whatever you do, we can talk of it tomorrow. Without the sun, I get sleepy..."
Love me right now! Done.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Stuff that you guys can use here, you know?"T said, hopping off the bed to examine with "toys." "So whaddya do with these anyway?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lance gave his friend a tired sigh. ”I’d prefer you never use it again, but you’re unfortunately right about us needing to use it at some point. Hopefully these people you’ve hired can help keep things under control.” He said, looking rather displeased with this whole situation. ”Anyways, do you need me to lock you up now, or are you going to wait until nightfall to start training?”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Plasma's eyes seemed to turn like gears in his head as he processed what was said. "Peculiar that you already know about that trait for ghost types... though not completely accurate, I require little sleep not none..." He made a light motion to a corner of the lab, a bed made of hay was laid out sloppily there. "If you find no one else is willing to room with you, feel free to return here, that spot would be more useful to an organic being like yourself." Scallop starts to walk ahead of the dog out of the hidden room. "Make sure to keep that lab a mild secret by the way, my dad say's its as much for us as for him that we keep Plasma's workplace out of sight"
"I mean, I've only heard of a lab, not sure about you," Einar replies to Scallop with as he steps to the doorway... then pauses to look back. "We can discuss whether or not that qualifies as sleep at a later time. Until then, good luck with your work." He yawns, returning his attention to Scallop. "So a good backup, but I'm going to see if there's another bed available. It'll be easier for Plasma if I don't have to explain that there's a bed hidden somewhere in the base."
"... You want to see my room first? It's getting about the time its mandatory we be in bed by, so we need to find you a good place quickly anyway" He tried to hide how giddy he was at possibly getting a roommate. The unnervingly large smile and wagging tail made this a difficult task.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"Those are toys?" T said to himself as he looked at the workout equipment. He turned back to Kimera after a few seconds of wondering how those qualified as toys, "I got a few berries that I kept cause they didn't look like the normal ones, some weird pieces of fabric that I, uh, found and some sort of shiny rock." At no point did he make eye contact with Kimera while mentioning the fabrics or the rock. "Mostly regular berries though."
"Ok!" Kimera said, noting to himself that some of those items probably were stolen. "We can go get those things first thing tomorrow morning!" Kimera wasn't going to tell his dad about this. After all, his dad likely already knew.
Deske wrote:"Stuff that you guys can use here, you know?"T said, hopping off the bed to examine with "toys." "So whaddya do with these anyway?"
"Huh?" Kimera looked over to the weights and exercise equipment. They were fairly colorful and pokemon-themed like geodude dumbbells, golem barbells, a jump rope, a variety of balls, and a wobbuffet-shaped punching bag. "Well, um, you might not have much fun with a lot of this. It's fun for me though." He walked over and squatted down next to the barbells. Grabbing them, he stood up and lifted the weight with relatively little effort and held the barbell over his head with one arm. "I've been meaning to ask Dad if I can get a heavier set of weights. I think I'm outgrowing them..." He dropped the weight behind him and it hit the floor with a massive BANG that shook the ground enough to shake everything in the room and almost knock some stuff off of the shelves. Kimera's ears perked up and he ran over to the punching bag. "This is pretty fun, and I think you can use it. Basically you attack this thing and try to dodge it's counter attack." To demonstrate, Kimera simply punched the bag. True to the pokemon it was based off of, the bag bent backwards, then flung back and hit Kimera in the face, sending him flying across the room, over T's head, before he landed on the entrance rug next to the door. Kimera stood up and shook the dizziness out of his head. "Maybe just stick with the balls for now... Though I think I have some more older toys in my toy chest you can play with. Not everything I have is fighting-type related, it's just I don't want to break the other stuff by accidentally dropping the weights on them, you know?"

-------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Lance gave his friend a tired sigh. ”I’d prefer you never use it again, but you’re unfortunately right about us needing to use it at some point. Hopefully these people you’ve hired can help keep things under control.” He said, looking rather displeased with this whole situation. ”Anyways, do you need me to lock you up now, or are you going to wait until nightfall to start training?”
"I will need you to lock me in soon. I won't start training until later tonight when everyone should be asleep. Less of a chance of anyone hearing me and getting curious." Hagane said. "I also need to brief the team when they get here, so I need you to lock me in after that."

-------------------------------
Buster wrote:"It wasn't a threat. I was just reminding him that it's foolish to pick fights he can't win. I'd say that falls more under 'sound advice' than anything." Rose states mater-of-factly as she saunters off to find a suitable room. "Not my fault he took it the wrong way." she was already through the door by the time she finishes talking.
Rose wasn't the only one to have entered the guild hall at that moment. A team of six large, imposing, and powerful looking pokemon entered the guild hall through the front door. They consisted of an imposing machamp, a massive hariyama, a fierce charizard, a curiously serious looking Mr. Mime, a mischievous Hypno, and a wizened elderly Alakazam. The group walked past and started up the stairs.
Champion Wallace wrote:Trent looks like he was about to do something, but desists as soon as Hagane arrives with extreme haste. “Thank you sir, yes sir, of course sir.” Trent saunters of to scout out the different sleeping quarters, but not before whispering to Rose “You’re fortunate that the guild master stepped in.” As he walks off, Trent is visibly bothered by something.
Trent might notice something odd as he searched for a room. The team of veterans was climbing up the stairs behind him, passing him when he exited the stairway on the second floor. For a moment, the alakazam stopped in his tracks and stared at Trent, as if seeing right through him. The charizard put a clawed hand on the alakazam's shoulder and urged him further up the stairs with the rest of the team.
Leafolawl wrote:"I mean, I've only heard of a lab, not sure about you," Einar replies to Scallop with as he steps to the doorway... then pauses to look back. "We can discuss whether or not that qualifies as sleep at a later time. Until then, good luck with your work." He yawns, returning his attention to Scallop. "So a good backup, but I'm going to see if there's another bed available. It'll be easier for Plasma if I don't have to explain that there's a bed hidden somewhere in the base."
Gameb18oy wrote:"... You want to see my room first? It's getting about the time its mandatory we be in bed by, so we need to find you a good place quickly anyway" He tried to hide how giddy he was at possibly getting a roommate. The unnervingly large smile and wagging tail made this a difficult task.
Einar and Scallop would be able to see the team as they passed through the third floor on their way up the stairs to the staff quarters. The group did not acknowledge the two, however.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hagane might notice the faint sensation of someone observing him. something that had arrived when the recruits had, but should have gone away now that they had dispersed... Ṡ₸Ɽₒ∏₲∙∙ₒ∏∑▪▪▪☻

- - - - -

now with an objective baja is off trying to track down Einar.

Rose meanwhile has retrieved her bag from the dining hall, and is now looking for a way onto the roof, intent on laying down a blanket up there and sleeping outside, since it's the one place she knows from experience baja wont try to track her down if she gets bored in the middle of the night. someone else can deal with the overgrown kitten's wonky nocturnal habits.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:"... You want to see my room first? It's getting about the time its mandatory we be in bed by, so we need to find you a good place quickly anyway" He tried to hide how giddy he was at possibly getting a roommate. The unnervingly large smile and wagging tail made this a difficult task.
Einar and Scallop would be able to see the team as they passed through the third floor on their way up the stairs to the staff quarters. The group did not acknowledge the two, however.
Einar doesn't pay mind to the fact they ignored him. Instead, he watches with interest the direction they're going, making a few quick mental notes. "Never been picky," the rockruff replies, a little distracted... He then turns to Scallop. "Lead on, I'll follow."
Love me right now! Done.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T tried not to react to the entire room shaking around him, "Jeez... WOAH!" He ducked, covering his head with his paws as Kimera was launched over him. He laughed a little as the Riolu recovered from his flight, "I dunno, it's better than what I had. I gotta show you what I had when we get over there."
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

CyberDragon wrote:
Trent might notice something odd as he searched for a room. The team of veterans was climbing up the stairs behind him, passing him when he exited the stairway on the second floor. For a moment, the alakazam stopped in his tracks and stared at Trent, as if seeing right through him. The charizard put a clawed hand on the alakazam's shoulder and urged him further up the stairs with the rest of the team.
When the alakazam turned to Trent, he started backpedaling slowly. When the alakazam turns away, Trent dashes into the first available room on the north side. If he was shaken before, he's scared now. Why was I thinking I said before that threats of violence are not to be tolerated in this guild hall when Hagane showed up? I don't remember saying anything like that and why would I think that at a time like then. And that yellow pokémon. It felt like he was looking at me as though I didn't have my fur on. "That doesn't even make any sense." At this point Trent stopped pacing and walked over to the window, putting his front paws on the sill. He watched the wind blow through the trees in the twilight for a few minutes. Phoebe didn't say it would be this hard. 'Don't stick out. Make friends. Don't get in any fights.' Oops, almost broke that one- But she started it! No. it doesn't matter. Phoebe's right, that would've been bad if Hagane hadn't shown up. Trent jumps down and burrows into a bed until none of him is visible from the outside and awaits either a roommate or sleep, whichever comes first.
The cape comes with the promotion.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T tried not to react to the entire room shaking around him, "Jeez... WOAH!" He ducked, covering his head with his paws as Kimera was launched over him. He laughed a little as the Riolu recovered from his flight, "I dunno, it's better than what I had. I gotta show you what I had when we get over there."
"Sounds like fun!" Kimera said, his own tail wagging behind him. "But for now we should... huh?" One of the aura sensors on the back of the riolu's head lifted up. "There are people in the guild... really strong pokemon. I don't recognize them." he said with a puzzled expression on his face.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

T looked towards the door, much more aware now of how unequipped he was to do much but run. "It's gonna be fine, right? Maybe you dad knows them," he whimpered slightly.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Kimera considers the new arrivals for a moment, and checks to see where they are going. "Well... if Dad doesn't know them, then they're definitely about to know him." He said. "They're headed to the staff quarters..."

------------------------------

The team of elite pokemon arrived on the top level of the guild hall to see Hagane talking to Lance. Hagane turned to face them. "Ah. Your timing is good. We were just talking about you." he said.

"We received your summons..." the Alakazam said in an aged, whispy voice.

"Yeah..." the Charizard grunted. "In the form of a letter and a sack of money so big even Danial had trouble lifting it."

"Did not." the Machamp objected. "If I remember right, I had to pull it off of you after you stupidly tried to lift it with those puny arms of yours."

"ANYWAY..." The Alakazam stated firmly, bringing the others back to attention rather quickly with only one word. "We are here now. Your letter did not clarify what it was the guild needed our help with. I believe it would be prudent to inform us now that we are here?"

Hagane nodded. "I need your help with something personal. This is going to be an ongoing assignment of sorts, and your team has a unique set of skills that make you particularly suited for this task." Hagane said. He started walking over to the most absurdly secure door in the entire building. The door to his room. "When I enter this room, and Lance here locks me inside, I need you to make sure that absolutely nothing goes in, and even more importantly, absolutely nothing gets out."

The Alakazam got a grave look on his face, but most of the others seemed confused. The charizard however, started laughing. "That's rich! You hand us a month's worth of pay as a deposit, a letter promising more, and now you tell us we just have to make sure no one disturbs your sleep? What, do you snore loud enough to bring the building down? Do you Sleep Talk? Come on, you have to be kidding! What's the catch?"

"This does seem... excessive." the Machamp stated, his four arms crossed.

Hagane's expression did not change. He looked as gravely serious as the Alakazam. "The 'catch' is that I won't be sleeping. I am going to be training." Hagane reached for his pendent, undid a small lock on the top, and opened the gold lattice shell to show the Mega Stone within. "With this."

The Machamp and Hariyama recoiled, taking a step back each. The Alakazam's eyes narrowed. The Hypno raised his pendulum in front of him like a shield. The Mr. Mime didn't say a word, but waved his arms frantically in front of him, putting up an invisible barrier. Even the Charizard's eyes went wide. "That... changes things..."

Hagane shut the pendant again, his expression still as serious as it was before. "You know then why it is so important no one disturbs me. The pokemon locked in that room, until such a time as I am able to control the stone, will not be me. The pokemon in that room will kill you if it gets the chance. No one can touch this door. If the Mega form breaks out..." Hagane lost his composure ever so slightly at the thought, causing him to shudder. "Mr. Mime, I need the strongest set of barriers and light screens and anything else you can set up around the walls of my room. They should be able to block my aura sense, in addition to keeping me inside. Please do that before the door is locked."

The Mr. Mime nodded and walked into the room.

"Mr. Cayce, in the event I do break out, I need you to hit me with the hardest psychic attack you can conjure up. You and Mr. Blaine need to wear me down as fast as possible. Mr. Cormier and Mrs. Okumura will restrain me. This needs to be done to allow Hippolyte to put me to sleep."

The group started discussing things among themselves for a bit, then turned back to Hagane. "Very well." Mr. Cayce stated quietly. "We will accept the job. No one will disturb you while you train." he said.

"So... when are you going to start?" Blaine the Charizard asked.

"Not for another hour or so. However, I need to get in the correct state of mind, and that takes time. Once Mr. Mime is out of the room, I will have Lance lock me inside." As soon as Hagane said that, the Mr. Mime left the room. Hagane stepped through the doorway. "Lance, if you would please lock the door?" he said, before closing the door and locking the locks that were on the inside of the room. Lance would have to handle the ones on the outside.

------------------------------

Kimera noted that the talking had stopped, and his father had gone into his room. He couldn't tell what they were saying. He wasn't that good at reading aura. For some reason, he couldn't sense his father's aura when he was in his room. This was somewhat concerning to him, but he was starting to get too tired to really focus on that. "Seems like they're supposed to be here." Kimera said. "Anyway, we should get to sleep. Dad figured I'd be getting a room mate today, so he put another bed in." Kimera pointed to a bed that looked somewhat like his own. It was a sort of sack filled with a soft, cottony material and covered in a blanket. The only difference was Kimera's bed was on a stand that kept it off the ground. The stand takes longer to make, and needs materials that they lost after the flood. "That one's yours."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and then Kimera and T got an unexpected guest, "A HAH! ...oops wrong room." who exited as quickly as she had barged in.

Followed by barging into Scallop's room even though Scallop and Einar aren't there yet.

Then an empty room nobody's using, though it has rose's bag in it and the window is open for some reason.

before finally barging into trent's room and, realizing she still hadn't found Einar, yowling in frustration. "I Give up! I'm never finding the room with the fluffies..." she whines dragging herself over to a corner and curling up into a ball.

Meanwhile rose has found a nice flat spot on the roof and is already nodding off lying atop the blanked she brought.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T stares at the doorway, starting at Baja for a second before she leaves. He watches her leave before turning his attention back to the doorway, "Mmm... Something feels wrong," he says, mostly to himself, before climbing up onto his bed. He turned around in it a few times, pushing a comfortable divot into the center of it before curling up in it, "Gnite, Kimera..." He still a red out the window, wondering what he was going to do when he woke up in a few hours as his body hadn't adjusted to the new sleep schedule yet.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lance moved to lock the door as soon as it was shut. ”I don’t like that he’s doing this.” He said to the mercenaries as he closed multiple padlocks. ”If it were up to me, we’d throw that thing into a volcano.” He moved onto the deadbolts next, flipping through a massive keychain as he locked each and every one of them. ”But we’ve heard rumors of something coming, something dangerous.” He started picking up iron bars and placing them into slots across the door. ”And we need to be ready for it, hence his nightly training.” He moved onto the final lock, a tiny little pin tumbler. ”I’m not happy about what we have to do, but if it means keeping this town safe I’ll do it.” He turned to look at Mr Cayce and the others. ”I hope that you can help us with that. Because we don’t have a lot of other options.”

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:
Einar doesn't pay mind to the fact they ignored him. Instead, he watches with interest the direction they're going, making a few quick mental notes. "Never been picky," the rockruff replies, a little distracted... He then turns to Scallop. "Lead on, I'll follow."
Buster wrote:and then Kimera and T got an unexpected guest, "A HAH! ...oops wrong room." who exited as quickly as she had barged in.

Followed by barging into Scallop's room even though Scallop and Einar aren't there yet.

Then an empty room nobody's using, though it has rose's bag in it and the window is open for some reason.

before finally barging into trent's room and, realizing she still hadn't found Einar, yowling in frustration. "I Give up! I'm never finding the room with the fluffies..." she whines dragging herself over to a corner and curling up into a ball.

Meanwhile rose has found a nice flat spot on the roof and is already nodding off lying atop the blanket she brought.
Scallop smiles, dashing off to his room, loud enough that a certain large cat will hear him. "Keep away from my orb collection as a small warning, I only know what about half of them do, and even my dad isn't sure of the name of all of them!" Einar would notice a huge pile of spheres in one are of the room. There was also a painting of a rather sweet looking samurott next to them, it wasn't hard to guess who she was. Scallop was finding an extra straw bed, usually used for guests. "sorry if it's not the most comfortable, I'll ask my dad if we can get you a new one if so"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar has to run to catch up with the oshawot, but as he steps in he slows to take in the picture... His eyes then drift over the orbs, mumbling names as he takes them in. "Escape, Quick, Trapburst, Rollcall... Is that a Health Orb?" he asks to himself more than anything, tilting his head as he looks it over from a distance. "Uh, I'm sure the bed will be fine..." The rockruff steps over to help get the bed set up, fighting a yawn.
Love me right now! Done.
Champion Wallace

Buster wrote:and then Kimera and T got an unexpected guest, "A HAH! ...oops wrong room." who exited as quickly as she had barged in.

Meanwhile rose has found a nice flat spot on the roof and is already nodding off lying atop the blanked she brought.
A buck-toothed face pokes out of one of the beds. "Hello?" Trent fully climbs out of his bed. "Hi Baja. Can I help you? I don't know where the 'fluffies' are, sorry."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Baja raises her head and briefly pouts at Trent, before answering with a disappointed "okay... i guess not." before pulling him into a hug for at least trying. flopping her head back down to the floor after letting him go.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T stares at the doorway, starting at Baja for a second before she leaves. He watches her leave before turning his attention back to the doorway, "Mmm... Something feels wrong," he says, mostly to himself, before climbing up onto his bed. He turned around in it a few times, pushing a comfortable divot into the center of it before curling up in it, "Gnite, Kimera..." He still a red out the window, wondering what he was going to do when he woke up in a few hours as his body hadn't adjusted to the new sleep schedule yet.
Kimera sat on his bed, staring up. He was looking straight through the ceiling, trying to use his underdeveloped aura sense to figure out what was going on. Being unable to tell, he said goodnight back to T, closed his eyes, and assumed an upright meditative position. At least, he did until his head started drooping. After a few minutes, he let out a snore and collapsed sideways onto a pillow. He slept soundly and silently after that.

Apparently, there was a reason his bed was so soft.

-----------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Lance moved to lock the door as soon as it was shut. ”I don’t like that he’s doing this.” He said to the mercenaries as he closed multiple padlocks. ”If it were up to me, we’d throw that thing into a volcano.” He moved onto the deadbolts next, flipping through a massive keychain as he locked each and every one of them. ”But we’ve heard rumors of something coming, something dangerous.” He started picking up iron bars and placing them into slots across the door. ”And we need to be ready for it, hence his nightly training.” He moved onto the final lock, a tiny little pin tumbler. ”I’m not happy about what we have to do, but if it means keeping this town safe I’ll do it.” He turned to look at Mr Cayce and the others. ”I hope that you can help us with that. Because we don’t have a lot of other options.”
"All anyone can hope to accomplish is their best, Mr. Lance. Especially when it comes to aggressive Mega Pokemon." Mr. Cayce replied. "However, we are the best fit for this job, I assure you."

As soon as the door was properly locked, Mr. Mime stepped towards it. He faced the group, standing a few paces away from the door. He placed his hands out in front of him, indicating a wall that wasn't there. Then he nodded. He took a step back and repeated the action. Then he took another step back to where his back was almost touching the door. He drew a line with his hand on the floor in front of where he stood, then drew a finger across his throat.

"I understand, Mr. Mime." the Alakazam said, nodding. the others seemed to understand as well what Mr. Mime was saying. All except for Blaine the Charizard, who was talking to one of the Combee about possibly acquiring a slumber wand.

"We will handle things from here."The Machamp, Mr. Cormier, stated to Lance. "It will be best for you to get some rest."

With that, the pokemon started their patrols through the building in groups of two. Machamp with Hypno, Charizard with Alakazam, and Hariyama with Mr. Mime.

Buster wrote:Hagane might notice the faint sensation of someone observing him. something that had arrived when the recruits had, but should have gone away now that they had dispersed... Ṡ₸Ɽₒ∏₲∙∙ₒ∏∑▪▪▪☻
With the door locked, Hagane was able to address the presence he felt earlier. "I don't know who you are, what you are doing here, or even what you are. However, I know that you are correct in the fact that I am strong. I am about to get much stronger, if only for a short while. I am also going to get much more dangerous. I can feel you around here, even if I cannot see you. If I feel your presence again after I start my training, you and everyone else will be in danger. Leave me tonight. Speak with me in the morning if you must, but not until I unlock the door."

With that said, Hagane took a seat in the middle of the floor and meditated until he could no longer feel the presence. He meditated for a while longer to ensure it wasn't coming back, and to ensure everyone was asleep. Then, he opened the lattice locket on his pendant, took a deep breath, and grabbed the stone.

Later that Night

The night had so far been quiet. Most of the guild had gone to sleep already. If there was anyone awake, they didn't have any encounters with the mercenaries yet.

It was Charizard and Hypno's turn to patrol the floor around the Guildmaster's room. Blaine was leaning against the wall, lazily biting into an apple while leaning against the wall across from the chained up door. Hippolyte was sitting in the middle of the floor, checking his pendulum for any scratches or issues it might have. Blaine ate the rest of the apple, core included, and burned the stem to dust with his tail flame. He looked up at the door.

He paused for a moment. One of the padlocks on the door had come undone. The Charizard grumbled and started walking over to the door, growling something about cheap metal. He figured it would be safer enough to get close in order to lock it again. After all, Mr. Mime did set up aura-blocking barriers. Blaine stepped up to the door and clicked the lock shut.

Hippolyte didn't notice Charizard move until he heard the click of the lock. He looked up in horror at Blaine. "NO! FOOL! GET AWAY FROM THE DO-"

BOOM!

Something hit the door from the other side with the force of a herd of charging Rhydons, causing Blaine to leap back from the door and trip on his own tail, sending him crashing to the ground. GRRRRAAAAAARRRRIIOOOOO! Something shrieked from the other side, followed by an onslaught of bangs as the beast inside beat against the door like a drum. The sounds of chaos could apparently be heard even on the first floor, as all of the mercenaries flooded the floor. There were more bangs, this time each accompanied by a flash of blue light around the edges of the door, and punctuated with the final blow and a sound like shattering glass.

Mr. Mime started panicking, and apparently his fears were realized when the next blast was hard enough to bend not only the steel bars holding the door shut, but also bend the metal door and nearly rip the deadbolts out of the frame. Mr. Mime dared to run up closer to the door and start reapplying the barriers. He managed to get a few up before another blast against the door knocked him flat on his back and sent him scrambling back to the group. At this point, terrified looking combee flooded the floor as well, each one carrying a slumber want that was comically far too big for it's body.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

at first the presence seemed to fade. disappearing from hagane's senses, though it still observed him. it didn't want others hurt because of it. In truth though the entity had never left. it couldn't because it wasn't really 'here' anymore than it was anywhere else.

Things changed when hagane lost control. seeing the strong one that had intrigued it rage, now it was curious. had it been right in it's guess, was this one strong enough? Could he free it? The fleeting moments where it was solid enough to touch the world were so rare, it would be a shame to waste one...

Maybe he would strike it and it would just reform, again. Like it always did...

it was lonely, unable to end being trapped in this state, unable to truly be harmed but too immaterial to fully interact with the world either. even the most basic of physical skills or special techniques beyond it's reach... unable to even remember what pokemon it had once been.

but maybe there was one thing it could still do... After all it's not as if it had anything to fear. not really.

behind hagane something seemed to take shape. a flickering cylindrical mass of visual noise, blocks and lines of color flitting about. the fragments nearest the center almost looking like a quadrupedal form but distorted beyond recognition an flickering between a dozen variations of itself.

the scratchy, reverberating and static like voice fully audible this time instead of whispering at the corners of hagane's mind. "₴₸ⱤØ₦₲ ◌₪ₑ● ₴₶☼₱●" the voice said as a growl, a whimper, a hiss, and a plea all in one.

Be a distraction.
er, well... actually more of a living punching bag...
Deske

Post by Deske »

T awoke with a start, having only just forced himself to go back to bed, the roar and crash he heard had done nothing to help. He stared towards the doorway before quietly moving over to Kimera's bed and giving the Riolu a nudge with his forepaws. "Hey, wake up," he said in a shouted whisper. He nervously looked towards the doorway before giving the Riolu an even harder shove.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

CyberDragon wrote:
Later that Night

BOOM!
Einar shoots up, looking around to get bearing on where he is. Guild, right... he thinks to himself, hopping out of bed and focusing more on what's happening. Still dark, maybe I was ju—
Cyberdragon wrote:GRRRRAAAAAARRRRIIOOOOO!
He pauses, looking over at Scallop to see if the oshawott is stirring or awake... So I wasn't dreaming... He's still sleeping. I shouldn't stop that just yet, he decides, then quietly steps out of the room to follow the sound of commotion.
Love me right now! Done.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

When the loud BOOM of Hagane banging on his door first woke up Lance, his sleep addled mind didn’t fully comprehend what was making that noise. It was only when he heard the furious roar of his friend did the Dragonite realize what was going on, bolting out of his room and rushing down the hall. As soon as he arrived in front of the door, he didn’t waste time talking to the others, instead opting to go straight to setting up multiple Dragon Dances, wanting to make sure he was as strong as he could be when Hagane broke out.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:When the loud BOOM of Hagane banging on his door first woke up Lance, his sleep addled mind didn’t fully comprehend what was making that noise. It was only when he heard the furious roar of his friend did the Dragonite realize what was going on, bolting out of his room and rushing down the hall. As soon as he arrived in front of the door, he didn’t waste time talking to the others, instead opting to go straight to setting up multiple Dragon Dances, wanting to make sure he was as strong as he could be when Hagane broke out.
Atum soon appeared alongside him, eyes glowing with detect active ”nothing fancy Lance, I’d suggest we focus on knocking Hagone out with a status aliment. Shouldn’t be too hard, that mega is strong but luckily for us it’s almost all instinct. It’s not gonna be smart enough to see past that strategy... plus Hagane would likely appreciate us destroying any part of the guild keeping him under control again.”
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T awoke with a start, having only just forced himself to go back to bed, the roar and crash he heard had done nothing to help. He stared towards the doorway before quietly moving over to Kimera's bed and giving the Riolu a nudge with his forepaws. "Hey, wake up," he said in a shouted whisper. He nervously looked towards the doorway before giving the Riolu an even harder shove.
Kimera snorted a little loudly and opened his eyes. "Hnn... huh?" He turned his head in tome to get prodded in the nose by his friend. "What is it?" he said, pushing T's paw away.

-----------------------
Leafolawl wrote:He pauses, looking over at Scallop to see if the oshawott is stirring or awake... So I wasn't dreaming... He's still sleeping. I shouldn't stop that just yet, he decides, then quietly steps out of the room to follow the sound of commotion.
Legotron123 wrote:When the loud BOOM of Hagane banging on his door first woke up Lance, his sleep addled mind didn’t fully comprehend what was making that noise. It was only when he heard the furious roar of his friend did the Dragonite realize what was going on, bolting out of his room and rushing down the hall. As soon as he arrived in front of the door, he didn’t waste time talking to the others, instead opting to go straight to setting up multiple Dragon Dances, wanting to make sure he was as strong as he could be when Hagane broke out.
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum soon appeared alongside him, eyes glowing with detect active ”nothing fancy Lance, I’d suggest we focus on knocking Hagone out with a status aliment. Shouldn’t be too hard, that mega is strong but luckily for us it’s almost all instinct. It’s not gonna be smart enough to see past that strategy... plus Hagane would likely appreciate us destroying any part of the guild keeping him under control again.”
"Sir." the Alakazam of the group spoke up, his spoons raised in front of him, ready to fight. "With all due respect, it is a fighting instinct. Much of his martial skill is inherent, and he can still see any move we make before we make it. Whatever it is we do, we must do it in a way that cannot be dodged or countered, and we must do it fast. Otherwise, he'll have half of us down before the rest can lift a hand against him." His whiskers twitched slightly. "I can sense someone coming up the stairs! Mr. Mime, block the way!" he called out.

Mr. Mime nodded. He double checked to ensure the barriers he set up were holding, then rushed to the stairs. He placed his hands in front of him and started swiping his hands around like he was cleaning a window. An impassible, solid barrier of light appeared in front of him, blocking off the stairs.

-----------------------
Buster wrote:at first the presence seemed to fade. disappearing from hagane's senses, though it still observed him. it didn't want others hurt because of it. In truth though the entity had never left. it couldn't because it wasn't really 'here' anymore than it was anywhere else.

Things changed when hagane lost control. seeing the strong one that had intrigued it rage, now it was curious. had it been right in it's guess, was this one strong enough? Could he free it? The fleeting moments where it was solid enough to touch the world were so rare, it would be a shame to waste one...

Maybe he would strike it and it would just reform, again. Like it always did...

it was lonely, unable to end being trapped in this state, unable to truly be harmed but too immaterial to fully interact with the world either. even the most basic of physical skills or special techniques beyond it's reach... unable to even remember what pokemon it had once been.

but maybe there was one thing it could still do... After all it's not as if it had anything to fear. not really.

behind hagane something seemed to take shape. a flickering cylindrical mass of visual noise, blocks and lines of color flitting about. the fragments nearest the center almost looking like a quadrupedal form but distorted beyond recognition an flickering between a dozen variations of itself.

the scratchy, reverberating and static like voice fully audible this time instead of whispering at the corners of hagane's mind. "₴₸ⱤØ₦₲ ◌₪ₑ● ₴₶☼₱●" the voice said as a growl, a whimper, a hiss, and a plea all in one.

Be a distraction.
er, well... actually more of a living punching bag...
The creature immediately stopped pounding at the door, only moments before it would have given in. The four, long tendrils on the back of his head simultaneously shot up and pointed directly at the strange flickering mass. Hagone's head twisted around with an audible snap. It's eyes were wild and dark. They were consumed with madness, darting back and forth before fixing on the mysterious visitor. Bloodlust filled Hagone's veins, and his mouth curled into a psychotic, fanged grin.

It all happened too fast to even comprehend. The mega lucario vanished for less time than it took to blink before slamming full into the mass with enough force to shake the whole room. What followed was the most brutal display of savage fighting that had ever been witnessed. The Mega had no mercy. No pity. No remorse. It had a target, and it was going to tear the target apart. Hagone unleashed hundreds of blows a second, each one as powerful as the last. His fists glowed with a violent red aura, and every strike against this new foe made him even stronger until the shockwaves threatened to tear the room apart on their own. He formed a long bone-like staff from aura and attacked again in a heinous flurry, trying to shred, to maim, to kill the newcomer with power far, far beyond what any Lucario should be capable of. He attacked, and attacked, and attacked, and when it should have been over, he attacked some more.

The onslaught continued for what must have been only minutes, but felt like hours. Eventually, Hagone seemed like he was slowing down. Whether he finally killed his foe or not, the attacks were getting less continuous. Eventually, Hagane found himself, beating against the unknown visitor. His foe was beat, his fighting instinct said. Hagane's mind was starting to return. The Mega Lucario staggered backwards, gripping his head and cringing. Hagane became surrounded by a glowing light of many different colors. When the light faded, he was a regular Lucario once more. Shaking, he turned his eyes up. He was terrified at what he might see.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Something's happening upstairs," T said, backing up off Kimera's bed and heading over to the door. He was waiting for Kimera to join him when the second set of small explosions started. He poked his head outside the door as they got worse. "Whadya think it is," he asked, turning back to Kimera.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the cloud of visual static was fragmented, in pieces, and scattered about the room. no one chunk bigger that a 50 Poke coin. the prone form that seemed to hover in the midst of it equally shattered. yet right before his eyes the fragments would start drifting back together. once enough had reformed for there to be an unrecognizable face buried in the noise, the eyes snapped open and the presence's voice was once again at the edge of hagane's senses.

THA₸ ₳₡₸ᴝᴀ╘╘Ꝩ Ꜧ╚╛Ɽ₮●●● it almost seems to whine, before breaking out in gleeful laughter.

╦╟╢₳₸ ₳₡₸ᴝᴀ╘╘Ꝩ Ꜧ╚╛Ɽ₮▌ │ ₵Ɐꞃ ₴₮│⌡⌡ ₣₤₤ℓ‽ it restates, actually in a pretty good mood, considering less that a quarter of it has reformed so far...
Champion Wallace

CyberDragon wrote:
Later that Night

BOOM!
The noise wakes Trent up, but he doesn't emerge from his bed. Instead, he shrugs it off and tries to go back asleep. In his drowsy state, Trent's not exactly in the right frame of mind. Or this is the only time since coming to the guild he's been in the right frame of mind, it all depends on your perspective.