Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:T counted the groups to himself, Rose, Baja, Einar, Scallop... He tilted his head, "You guys have four people though. We've got three."
Scallop blushed realizing he'd been off counting the group numbers. "Um, my mistake... though why aren't the teams the same size?"

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Scallop blushed realizing he'd been off counting the group numbers. "Um, my mistake... though why aren't the teams the same size?"
"The assignment to retrieve Mrs. Monarch's son is considered more important, so that team is larger and more varied. The other team is also going with Ms. Chailyn, who will be able to do most of the assignment herself." Hagane explained.

"Now, if there are no further requests or objections, please line up with your teams in the entrance hall as soon as you are done eating." the Guildmaster said. "We will provide you all with travel bags and some items to help you, then you will be departing on your first assignments."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar stops at the entryway to listen to and consider Hagane's words, giving a hum of thought before saying, "My typing means I'll be better suited to my current job. Though the name Pidgeot Path... That implies a nesting ground..." he begins musing, starting to mumble. "That would mean wooded areas with either wild bug-types or small normal-types... possible predators could be in the area which would be... either dark, grass, or poison. I should do fairly well in most possible cases, yeah..."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?

Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

CyberDragon wrote:"Now, if there are no further requests or objections, please line up with your teams in the entrance hall as soon as you are done eating." the Guildmaster said. "We will provide you all with travel bags and some items to help you, then you will be departing on your first assignments."
Trent piles his used dishes onto a tray before carrying it into the kitchen. After dropping them off to be cleaned he moseys over to the entrance hall. Trent gives one of the bags a sniff before giving a shake and trying it on, feeling how the weight distributed itself across his body.
The cape comes with the promotion.

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Our team's basically all here, I guess we're just waiting on Ms. Chailyn to get whatever she needs to?" T hopped down off the chair and gave his legs a good stretch.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"Our team's basically all here, I guess we're just waiting on Ms. Chailyn to get whatever she needs to?" T hopped down off the chair and gave his legs a good stretch.
"Yeah." Kimera said. "We need to wait for Ms. Chailyn. We also need our explorer bags. Let's go grab some!" the Riolu skipped off to the corner of the main hall where the different bags were kept. Kimera looked through the different colors. "Hey, Dad, are there any differences between these bags besides color?" he asked Hagane.

"All of the bags have the same set of items in them." Hagane announced. "There are two reviver seeds, two Oran berries, a Lum berry, four pecha berries, one leppa berry, and one escape orb." Hagane listed the tools they were provided with. "Please use these items sparingly, as we are low on supplies and can't replace these items very easily."
-Champion Motto

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Noticing that his peers are stepping past him into the main hall, Einar follows suit. The Rockruff goes over to join Trent, and starts with helping to adjust the bag to better rest on his fellow quadruped. " Working together today. You sure you're comfortable going into wild Pidgey grounds?"

Chailyn steps back up from storage, holding some gear, and still humming her own little tune. The Gloom comes to a stop when she notices that everyone is slowly gathering. "Did everyone finish eating? I didn't think I had spent that long looking for everything..."
Love me right now! Done.

Champion Wallace

Leafolawl wrote:Noticing that his peers are stepping past him into the main hall, Einar follows suit. The Rockruff goes over to join Trent, and starts with helping to adjust the bag to better rest on his fellow quadruped. " Working together today. You sure you're comfortable going into wild Pidgey grounds?"
"Why wouldn't I be? Thanks for the help. Those Pidgey may be uncivilized, but one look at my fighting style should show them who's boss. I'm not some sheltered city Pokémon. Worst case scenario? I'm confident I could slip away and escape anything too strong."

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Dibs on red!" T says, running after Kimera. He quickly slipped into the bag and tightened it down around him with his teeth.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"Dibs on red!" T says, running after Kimera. He quickly slipped into the bag and tightened it down around him with his teeth.
"Hmm..." Kimera looked at the selection, considering what color bag he wanted. "I'll go wiiiiith... Green!" He chirped. Kimera bent down, picked up the bag, and put it on. He tightened the straps on it, having a bit of an easier time than T since he had hands. Kimera looked at where the bags used to be and noticed they were both sitting on a piece of silk. "Oh yeah! The guild scarves!" Kimera picked the green one up and helped tie the red one around T's neck. "Here you go!"

Meanwhile, Hagane's aura sensors lifted into the air, and he looked toward the door. Looking puzzled, he walked over and opened it, seeing a rather large and old purugly on the other side. Hagane started talking with the feline for a moment, then called Baja and Rose over. The purugly was their father, and he had to take them home.

When they were gone, Hagane stepped back away from the door. "Alright everyone. There's a bit of a change in plans. Baja and Rose are not going on the critical assignment. As such... Kimera, T, you will be going in their place to Pidgeot Path to look for Mrs. Monarch's son. Luke, Scallop, you're still going with Chailyn. For now, the team heading to Pidgeot Path should depart as soon as you're ready." he ordered.

Kimera nodded and enthusiastically bounded out the door. "Come on, guys! Let's go!"
-Champion Motto

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar flicks an ear as Kimera calls out. "I don't even have..!" He sighs, ears splaying back. "Fighting types," he groans, exasperated. He quickly dons the closest set, a medium purple. "Are you ready to head out?" he asks, looking to Trent.
Love me right now! Done.

Champion Wallace

CyberDragon wrote:Meanwhile, Hagane's aura sensors lifted into the air, and he looked toward the door. Looking puzzled, he walked over and opened it, seeing a rather large and old purugly on the other side. Hagane started talking with the feline for a moment, then called Baja and Rose over. The purugly was their father, and he had to take them home.
"Goodbye! No hard feelings, right?"
Leafolawl wrote:Einar flicks an ear as Kimera calls out. "I don't even have..!" He sighs, ears splaying back. "Fighting types," he groans, exasperated. He quickly dons the closest set, a medium purple. "Are you ready to head out?" he asks, looking to Trent.
"Almost!" Trent cries out. He examines the chrome scarf for a moment before grabbing it in his teeth, swinging it over his shoulder, and tying it in a flash. "Now I am." Trent bounds forward to catch up with Kimera, stops to adjust something with his pack, then resumes power walking.
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar adjusts his own bag to fit it a little better before turning towards the door, though he... hesitates for a moment. "... Guildmaster Hagane," he addresses, "I've read mystery dungeons interfere with aura sense... Where might I find Mrs. Monarch? It could help to have the kid's scent."
Love me right now! Done.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Leafolawl wrote:Einar adjusts his own bag to fit it a little better before turning towards the door, though he... hesitates for a moment. "... Guildmaster Hagane," he addresses, "I've read mystery dungeons interfere with aura sense... Where might I find Mrs. Monarch? It could help to have the kid's scent."
"She should be by the town gateway." Hagane said. "She'll answer any questions you have, but you should hurry."

------------------------------
Leafolawl wrote:Einar flicks an ear as Kimera calls out. "I don't even have..!" He sighs, ears splaying back. "Fighting types," he groans, exasperated. He quickly dons the closest set, a medium purple. "Are you ready to head out?" he asks, looking to Trent.
Champion Wallace wrote:"Almost!" Trent cries out. He examines the chrome scarf for a moment before grabbing it in his teeth, swinging it over his shoulder, and tying it in a flash. "Now I am." Trent bounds forward to catch up with Kimera, stops to adjust something with his pack, then resumes power walking.
Kimera realized he accidentally left everyone else behind and slowed his pace slightly. "Um... sorry, guys. I'm just excited is all!" he skipped alongside his new friends as they made their way to the town entrance where a panic-stricken butterfree was waiting.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Aw yeah, magic scarves," T said excitedly, "Thanks!" He said before excitedly running after Kimera. Once he caught up he spent a few moments taking in the sight of the town in the daytime, still rather unused to the view. "That's a pretty good idea. I haven't had to sniff something out in a little while though..."

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Alan was tidying up the kitchen, helping Taylor clean up the dishes used to make breakfast, when he heard a squawk coming from the window. Looking up, he saw a Pelipper standing on the window still, holding a letter on it’s beak. He took the letter and gave the bird a quick nod of thank you, opening it as the Flying-type flew away. As he read the letter, his face quickly took on a scowl, something his co-cook quickly picked up on.
“Whatzzz wrong? Bad newzzz?” Taylor asked, clearly concerned.
Alan let out a long sigh as he put the letter down and pinched the bridge of his nose. “You could say that. Some of Amina’s old enemies have tracked down me and Luke. I’m going to have to stay at my moms for a bit until I can find a new place for us to live.”
Taylor was silent for a moment, realizing what this meant. “Zzzo thizzz izz-“
“Goodbye, yes.” Alan said, clearly not happy about this either. “For what it’s worth, you’ve been an amazing friend, and an even better co-cook.”
The Vespiquen smiled fondly, yet sadly, as she gently ruffled the fur on her friends head. “I feel the exact same way. It’s been a delight to have you in my kitchen.”
Returning the sad smile, Alan gave her a quick hug before heading out to find his son. After briefly pausing to let Lance know what the situation, he found his son with the others near the town gates. “Luke, we need to head home and pack.”
“What? Why!?” Luke said, sounding confused and upset.
“Some people who really didn’t like your mother are on their way here, and we need to be gone by the time they get here. I’ll tell you more on the way, now come on.” He said, clearly somewhat nervous and wanting to rush things along.
“Oh. Okay.” The Riolu said, clearly unhappy but also rather resigned. Before he left, he turned to look at the others. “Bye guys. Hope to see you again someday.” And with that, Alan and Luke walked away, heading towards their home to get ready to skip town.
I am so tired of the people I look up to turning out to be jerks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar gives the Lucario a quick nod of understanding before running out to catch up with his companions and share his thoughts...
- - -
"If you're feeling nervous about it, we'll be doubling up anyways. Scent tracking was one of the first things my mom made sure I know how to do," he assures, tail wagging. "Excuse me, would you happen to be Mrs. Monarch? We were sent from the guild," the Rockruff introduces, inclining his head towards the rest of the group.
Love me right now! Done.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Alan was tidying up the kitchen, helping Taylor clean up the dishes used to make breakfast, when he heard a squawk coming from the window. Looking up, he saw a Pelipper standing on the window still, holding a letter on it’s beak. He took the letter and gave the bird a quick nod of thank you, opening it as the Flying-type flew away. As he read the letter, his face quickly took on a scowl, something his co-cook quickly picked up on.
“Whatzzz wrong? Bad newzzz?” Taylor asked, clearly concerned.
Alan let out a long sigh as he put the letter down and pinched the bridge of his nose. “You could say that. Some of Amina’s old enemies have tracked down me and Luke. I’m going to have to stay at my moms for a bit until I can find a new place for us to live.”
Taylor was silent for a moment, realizing what this meant. “Zzzo thizzz izz-“
“Goodbye, yes.” Alan said, clearly not happy about this either. “For what it’s worth, you’ve been an amazing friend, and an even better co-cook.”
The Vespiquen smiled fondly, yet sadly, as she gently ruffled the fur on her friends head. “I feel the exact same way. It’s been a delight to have you in my kitchen.”
Returning the sad smile, Alan gave her a quick hug before heading out to find his son. After briefly pausing to let Lance know what the situation, he found his son with the others near the town gates. “Luke, we need to head home and pack.”
“What? Why!?” Luke said, sounding confused and upset.
“Some people who really didn’t like your mother are on their way here, and we need to be gone by the time they get here. I’ll tell you more on the way, now come on.” He said, clearly somewhat nervous and wanting to rush things along.
“Oh. Okay.” The Riolu said, clearly unhappy but also rather resigned. Before he left, he turned to look at the others. “Bye guys. Hope to see you again someday.” And with that, Alan and Luke walked away, heading towards their home to get ready to skip town.
"Huh?" Kimera turned to see Luke and Alan already leaving. Feeling sad his friend was going, and not really sure what was happening or why, his ears and head both drooped slightly. "Oh... um... Ok. By, Luke." He waved goodbye, and then turned to join his other new companions. The bounce in his step was noticeably absent, and a tear or two rolled down his cheek.
Deske wrote:"Aw yeah, magic scarves," T said excitedly, "Thanks!" He said before excitedly running after Kimera. Once he caught up he spent a few moments taking in the sight of the town in the daytime, still rather unused to the view. "That's a pretty good idea. I haven't had to sniff something out in a little while though..."
Leafolawl wrote:Einar gives the Lucario a quick nod of understanding before running out to catch up with his companions and share his thoughts...
- - -
"If you're feeling nervous about it, we'll be doubling up anyways. Scent tracking was one of the first things my mom made sure I know how to do," he assures, tail wagging. "Excuse me, would you happen to be Mrs. Monarch? We were sent from the guild," the Rockruff introduces, inclining his head towards the rest of the group.
The butterfree, who was just rubbing her hands and antennae together anxiously, fluttered around in the air, turning to face the oncoming explorers. Noticing and recognizing Kimera among them, she sighed with some small relief. "Oh, thank Arceus. Yes, I am. This is all my fault... the store was out of Perfect Apples, and I told him he could find some in the Apple Fields... But he went the wrong way, and forgot his bag!" She fluttered down and landed on the ground, picking a small pack made for a Caterpie off of the ground. "Please, you have to find him and give him his bag and bring him back! The pidgey out there know not to go for civilized pokemon, but without his bag he doesn't have anything to show he's not wild!"
-Champion Motto

Champion Wallace

Legotron123 wrote:“Oh. Okay.” The Riolu said, clearly unhappy but also rather resigned. Before he left, he turned to look at the others. “Bye guys. Hope to see you again someday.” And with that, Alan and Luke walked away, heading towards their home to get ready to skip town.
"I hope we meet again soon." Trent wanted to say something more, but hadn't interacted with Luke enough for something personal.
CyberDragon wrote:The butterfree, who was just rubbing her hands and antennae together anxiously, fluttered around in the air, turning to face the oncoming explorers. Noticing and recognizing Kimera among them, she sighed with some small relief. "Oh, thank Arceus. Yes, I am. This is all my fault... the store was out of Perfect Apples, and I told him he could find some in the Apple Fields... But he went the wrong way, and forgot his bag!" She fluttered down and landed on the ground, picking a small pack made for a Caterpie off of the ground. "Please, you have to find him and give him his bag and bring him back! The pidgey out there know not to go for civilized pokemon, but without his bag he doesn't have anything to show he's not wild!"
"You have nothing to fear, Ms. Monarch! Our rescue team has never once failed a mission." His confidence tried to not betray they've never once completed a mission, either. "You said he doesn't have anything to show he's not wild. Does he have any unique markings so we can identify him? Any place you'd think he'd hide? A name to call out? Any information would be helpful." Trent inquired.

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"I'd also like to take the bag with us, if we may. If aura fails, scent is a very reliable backup for keeping us on the right track, and I'm sure it'd be very reassuring to your son to have something of his in his possession once more, especially one so identifying," the Rockruff reasons, keeping his stance confident to try matching Trent's boldness. "Hard to imagine what it would feel like, being mistaken for a wild Pokémon."
Love me right now! Done.

Deske

Post by Deske »

T slowed to a stop next to Kimera, stealing a quick glance at him before turning to listen the butterfree who was going on about her son and apples or something. He wasn't quite sure why Kimera was sad, himself having only known Luke since sometime yesterday, but whether it was that or something else he knew it just wouldn't do. As the Mrs. Monarch talked on about how it was her fault her son had a poor sense of direction, T leaned himself lightly against the Riolu. He was pretty sure this was a comforting gesture because he'd seen others do it, but this was his first time doing it and meaning it. "Pidgey have pretty good eyesight and they tend to travel far enough to see civilized pokemon. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to recognize one when they see one. I mean, I can smell the difference between pokemon, they can probably see a difference," T lied through his teeth, he had no idea if Pidgey's could see a difference like he could smell a difference. Nevertheless, he hoped that would bring some comfort to the butterfree.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:05 pm
"You have nothing to fear, Ms. Monarch! Our rescue team has never once failed a mission." His confidence tried to not betray they've never once completed a mission, either. "You said he doesn't have anything to show he's not wild. Does he have any unique markings so we can identify him? Any place you'd think he'd hide? A name to call out? Any information would be helpful." Trent inquired.
"His antenna... He hatched with purple antenna instead of red. We... we named him Wiki, after the purple berry..." She said, barely able to contain her fear.
Leafolawl wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:18 pm
"I'd also like to take the bag with us, if we may. If aura fails, scent is a very reliable backup for keeping us on the right track, and I'm sure it'd be very reassuring to your son to have something of his in his possession once more, especially one so identifying," the Rockruff reasons, keeping his stance confident to try matching Trent's boldness. "Hard to imagine what it would feel like, being mistaken for a wild Pokémon."
"Yes! Of course! You have to take the bag! It has his Chesto berries in it. He... He has a bit of a sleep disorder. If he's fallen asleep... He'll be completely vulnerable!" The butterfree handed the bag over to Kimera as he was the only one with the hands to carry it. Kimera slung it around his shoulder.
Deske wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:40 pm
T slowed to a stop next to Kimera, stealing a quick glance at him before turning to listen the butterfree who was going on about her son and apples or something. He wasn't quite sure why Kimera was sad, himself having only known Luke since sometime yesterday, but whether it was that or something else he knew it just wouldn't do. As the Mrs. Monarch talked on about how it was her fault her son had a poor sense of direction, T leaned himself lightly against the Riolu. He was pretty sure this was a comforting gesture because he'd seen others do it, but this was his first time doing it and meaning it. "Pidgey have pretty good eyesight and they tend to travel far enough to see civilized pokemon. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to recognize one when they see one. I mean, I can smell the difference between pokemon, they can probably see a difference," T lied through his teeth, he had no idea if Pidgey's could see a difference like he could smell a difference. Nevertheless, he hoped that would bring some comfort to the butterfree.
"Thank you..." Mrs. Monarch said, though her voice was clear that did little to ease her concerns. She knew there was nothing visibly inherent to civilized pokemon that would cause the Pidgey to identify her son as civilized. Even if there was, it's possible the Pidgey wouldn't care. "Now... Go. Don't waste any more time! Please bring my son home safe!"

"Come on, guys! We've got a rescue mission to go on!" Kimera punched the air and started for the town gates.
-Champion Motto

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar gives one final nod to Mrs. Monarch, then follows after the Riolu. "If he's smart, he'll have hidden himself once he got lost. Preferably somewhere he can keep watch to the outside, but if he can hear us calling at the least, it should be fine." the Rockruff shakes himself a bit. "That said, with a sleep disorder, we might just have to rely on being able to track him down, which shouldn't be hard; we have a good team for that."
Love me right now! Done.

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Personally, I dunno why you'd let someone with a sleeping disorder out on their own. That's just asking for trouble," T said, following after Kimera. "And I wouldn't trust a city mon to know to put himself in a position that lets him keep watch while having an escape route. 'Specially not a kid. He could be anywhere."