Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3755
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:38 pm
"Thanks," Corp said to the Vixen. He decided that Liz probably had a plan. She usually did. But there was still something he needed to ask with regards the situation. "Hivemind," he said, "we're told an armed group headed out the back entrance to this tower shortly before the attack began. How do things look to the back? Anything usable there?"
"Nothing that I can see, Corp. It's just a parking lot." Hivemind said. "If you can link up your Champion suit to a computer on the office's network, I might be able to access security footage and blueprints. Any computer or device on the network will do, even phones and tablets. You can ask one of the civilians if they'll lend you their phone."

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:38 pm
Keeva laughed for a few seconds. "Do you have personal shield generators in this world? It might be possible to invert them so what's inside can't get out or strengthen the field so nothing gets in OR out?"
"I have a containment shield I can drop from orbit on them." Hivemind replied on Predator's comms. "But it's a two-way shield. Designed to keep dangerous things inside and keep idiots with no self-preservation on the outside. If I drop it before all of the creatures are herded together, there won't be much of a point."

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:38 pm
<"Good to know you're not perfect, sir,"> Dragrere commented drily. <"Lack of humour confirmed, eh?">
"Being a merciful leader who cares about his people comes with accusations of weakness from hawks, warmongers, and idiots. Accusations that then turn into attacks both in propaganda as well as physical assaults. I have a sense of humor, chief, but not about this." Hivemind said. "Not everyone is joking when they say that sort of thing."

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:38 pm
"I know, I know," Hannabelle admitted. "I'm gonna have to set up accounts for the boys."
"Aye, that'd be a good idea." Gear agreed. "Got everythin' yer lookin for?" he asked.

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:38 pm
"I suppose I have to be thankful for that," Jenevive admitted. "Their powers not being more... physical, I mean."
"No doubt. Your kids' powers will be easier to manage. Unlike that squirrel kid I keep seeing escape his mother by running on the ceiling." Randy chuckled, pointing to the squirrel in question.

----------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:54 pm
The OtherSide chuckled, knowing which files Hivemind was referring to as well, before growing serious once more, "Yes, we, rather my kind, know of Odium and we are familiar with how anger can be used as a weapon against a mortal soul. It's something we've seen used for as long as the wind touched Hawk's body. For many years, I've been witnessed to many mortals letting the fire within them burn out of control and consuming them, making them nothing more then a raging inferno of hatred," it then stood up from the table, "Still, thank you for giving Hawk another chance," it first smiled with a lighter tone in it's tone before growing serious once more, "But I do have one request of you as well and do not let Hawk know I asked you to did this: I want you to lock him out of any file you have on him from today to the beginning. It is important you do not let Hawk see these files under any circumstance, OK?"
Hivemind tilted his head. "It's an... interesting request. I will need to know the reason for this. I can't just lock people out of their own history and information at different person's request, even if that person is joined to them. I need to know why the files need to be locked."

----------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:48 pm
Tatiana watched Recon's moves with interest, placing her hands into her duster pockets. When the two fighters were knocked her way, without taking her hands out of her pockets, she kicked one fighter into the other, knocking them to the side. She idly wondered what the going rate for bar drinks actually was, all things considered, as she dodged under a brawlers haymaker and knee'd him in the chin and converted the kick into a fancy flip.

"This is fun."
Most of the fighters were doubled over or groaning on the ground, nursing various bleeding noses, split lips, and black eyes. The ones that were left seemed a bit too nervous of the girls to get any closer to them.

"Aww, is that it?" Recon said, sitting atop a pile of beat and bruised brawlers. "I was just starting to have fun. Oh well." She waved her card at the amused bartender. "Everyone's drinks are on me today!"

This was followed by some pained, but still enthusiastic cheering from the pile of fighters on the ground.

----------------------------
Buster wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:48 am
Hivemind would get a ping from medical, apparently kol has been getting frustrated with not being allowed enough sleep and frequently waking up in a hospital bed, and intends to find other employment.

On an unrelated note, there's an extra bio signature in a washroom not too far from corp... and no clear indication of how it got there no matter how deep into the sensor logs one would dig. just one moment not there, the next, there.
Hivemind read the two notifications. He was disappointed by Kol leaving the Champions, but he understood why. What he didn't understand was why the doctors woke her up when he knew Kol's medical files include how long she needs to sleep to get a healthy amount of rest.

The other notification was more concerning to him. He split one of his droids from the group handling the creatures and sent it to the anomaly's location. The boxer droid entered the office building, running in through the back entrance. It ran down the stairs and knocked on the washroom door. "Hello? Who's in there?"

----------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:49 pm
Kolt seemed to know what Eira had planned, flying upwards and just barely dodging her attacks. Once in the sky, he gave her another smirk, before launching out a construct tendril, hoping to grab her and pull her upwards.
Eira felt the fog displace around the tendril as it got closer. She leaped up and landed on top of it. She blitzed along it's length on all fours before suddenly bursting forth from the fog, launching a flying haymaker straight at Kolt's muzzle with her ice arm.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:09 pm
Hivemind tilted his head. "It's an... interesting request. I will need to know the reason for this. I can't just lock people out of their own history and information at different person's request, even if that person is joined to them. I need to know why the files need to be locked."
The OtherSide, not wanting anyone else to hear, leaned in close to Hivemind and began whispering, "What am I about to tell shall not leave your databanks or mouth for whatever reason. If he or anyone finds out, I will know and you will pay for breaking out trust." He then whispered the reason why he didn't want Hawk to access the files. A reason that would even shock Hivemind.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5333
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:09 pm
Hivemind read the two notifications. He was disappointed by Kol leaving the Champions, but he understood why. What he didn't understand was why the doctors woke her up when he knew Kol's medical files include how long she needs to sleep to get a healthy amount of rest.
They didn't. she didn't sleep much due to having passed out while hopped up on adrenaline.
CyberDragon wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:09 pm
The other notification was more concerning to him. He had one of his droids head to the anomaly's location and knock on the washroom door. "Hello? Who's in there?"
A voice that sounds similar to recon, but scratchier and slightly lower pitched answers back, "occupied!" before there's some audible shuffling and a flush from the other side. after a moment the door opens and a... dog? Tiny dinosaur? something, in hot pink spiked body armor with a rifle slung across her back steps out. "hold up... did you redecorate Hyperion Station in the last five minutes or something? What the ____?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Corp said to the trapped scientists, "two things I need so we can get out of here. One. Him in a movable state, either by two carrying him or by a makeshift stretcher. Two," he added, "I need access to the network. Pass me a phone, someone."
-----------------
"So," Keeva wondered, "how do we corral them? Is there any way to make them focus on ONE enemy, perhaps? a weapons platform, perhaps?" She started slightly. "Don't even think of volunteering, Pred! You're a friend and I'm not losing more of them in the near future!"
-----------------
<"The idea of a perfect leader,"> Dragrere stated, <"comes from hubris. That leads to ego and ego to weakness. Those who believe they can't be wrong have most trouble adapting when they are. I can't recall who said that..">
----------------
"Yeah, I figure so," Hanabelle admitted. "Where d'you want to head next?"
---------------
Jenevive laughed lightly. "I assume you've got a teacher for extremely extreme parkour?" The boys reached the front of the line and started getting into the 'log'.
---------------
"Oh, you want to feel THAT, do you," Jenny asked Quint, a little humorously. "If you want a real bone jarrer..." She looked around at the room and checked its wall armour carefully. "Well, the tremors start low in the power scale. But then there's this..." She shut the computer monitor down and stepped into the middle of the room. She looked around, just in case. She flexed, rotated, spread her arms wide and brought them together as hard as she could.

The shockwave was so loud it almost even deafened Jenny. The sound expanded across the room and crashed heavily into the walls before bouncing back and impacting the other walls, the force almost knocking Jenny bandy. The only reason it didn't was the fact that she'd thrown herself to the floor immediately she'd 'fired', putting her hands over her head for protection. Every bone in her body ached from the impact, starting in her shoulders and radiating down her body to the point where her tail was vibrating with her toes. She waited until the feel of shockwaves ceased on her back before she looked up. "Whoa," she said, looking on smashed consoles and buckled armour plates as the recessed lights flickered pathetically. "Remind me never to do that indoors again. Reckon he'll buy that it was like this when we got here?"
-----------------
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14192
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:38 pm
"Well," Cherry elaborated as Sarah translated, "it's really just the ones across reality that hurt. The other one? I was using it to play with children yesterday. If you like I can do it once and I can let you see my mouth as I do it?"
"All right. Let's try it once." Conall agrees with Cailean translating. "Then we'd better get tae trainin'. Ah canne promise tae understand what ye say but Ah'll try."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4294
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

"That sounds like a great plan actually," Chris said, "Wasn't aware that there was a tournament today. Should probably check the community calendar more often... Anyway, where's the sign up at?"
------
"Hey I'm just telling the truth. Anyone would agree with me too. They're kind of like canines, except smaller and with different facial features," Denver began, "But here, at least, they probably walk on four legs and can't talk." Denver glanced up to make sure they were still heading in the right direction, "Oh hey look! They've got a whole section dedicated to Australia. I wonder if they've got a thylacine..."
------
"At least it'll give him some sort of sound to associate with speech. Dunno how much good it'll do, but a baseline might come in handy in the future," Colorado said with a small shrug.

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana tilted her head at Recon's announcement. She approached her comrade, stepping carefully around the downed brawlers, hands in her new pockets. "Leaving bruised bodies in high spirits I assume?"

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3998
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt barely managed to twist backwards dodge Eira's attack, though not before a spike on her ice arm left a nasty gash on his shirt. Using the backwards momentum of his dodge, he turned it into a backflip, trying to grab the undersides of her arms with his legs and fling her back to the ground.
--
I ASKED HOW STRONG YOU COULD MAKE IT BEFORE IT STARTED TO HURT, NOT TO DO THAT. Quint cried out in Jenny's head, sounding VERY mad and concerned. WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING?!? He asked, while some small part of his mind noted that she and Kolt really WERE meant for each other.
--
Liz headed back up the stairs to help Sal-Hleel, first at something of a brisk jog, before outright bolting once she was certain the civilians wouldn't hear her. As she neared the top, she started turning into her Varanian form, her skin turning to scales, her teeth growing sharper, and a tail starting to poke out from above her rear as she dashed through the lobby.
--
Lewis looked around for a phone or something else Corp could use to connect to a network, but what little electronics remained in the room seemed to have been damaged during the panic. Hopefully one of the two civilians had one on them.
God, America sucks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3755
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:02 pm
The OtherSide, not wanting anyone else to hear, leaned in close to Hivemind and began whispering, "What am I about to tell shall not leave your databanks or mouth for whatever reason. If he or anyone finds out, I will know and you will pay for breaking out trust." He then whispered the reason why he didn't want Hawk to access the files. A reason that would even shock Hivemind.
"Don't think that you can threaten or intimidate me. You just got off of thin ice with me. Don't just go right back to skating on the lake." Hivemind warned the OtherSide. "You could just ask me to keep this a secret. I'm perfectly willing to do so without the threats."

-----------------------------------
Buster wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:04 am
They didn't. she didn't sleep much due to having passed out while hopped up on adrenaline.
It didn't take long for a Hive droid to catch up to Kol. "You should be resting, Kol. You took a lot of abuse in that last fight." he said. "I understand you're looking for new employment. I apologize that the Champions did not work out for you, but I will try to help you find a new job."

-----------------------------------
Buster wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:04 am
A voice that sounds similar to recon, but scratchier and slightly lower pitched answers back, "occupied!" before there's some audible shuffling and a flush from the other side. after a moment the door opens and a... dog? Tiny dinosaur? something, in hot pink spiked body armor with a rifle slung across her back steps out. "hold up... did you redecorate Hyperion Station in the last five minutes or something? What the ____?"
"I don't know anything about Hyperion Station. This is an office building on the planet, Celica. My name is Hivemind, Captain of the Megaship, Beacon of Hope. We need to get you out of here, seeing as there are nearly unkillable supermonsters trying to break into this building." Hivemind said. He took a step back to let the strange person out. "I understand you likely know how to fight, but I would recommend against shooting these hostiles as they adapt to anything that hurts them. So come with me if you want to live." He added, in a deeper, somewhat more Austrian accent.

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:12 am
"Right," Corp said to the trapped scientists, "two things I need so we can get out of here. One. Him in a movable state, either by two carrying him or by a makeshift stretcher. Two," he added, "I need access to the network. Pass me a phone, someone."
"Here..." The vixen took her phone out, turned it on, and handed it to Corp. "There's a closet across the hall from here with foldable chairs and tables. We keep them their for little social gatherings and birthday parties. We can use one of the tables as a stretcher." She reached out and grabbed a rather large Celican and pulled him out of the room for only a moment before returning with the folded table.

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:12 am
"So," Keeva wondered, "how do we corral them? Is there any way to make them focus on ONE enemy, perhaps? a weapons platform, perhaps?" She started slightly. "Don't even think of volunteering, Pred! You're a friend and I'm not losing more of them in the near future!"
-----------------
<"The idea of a perfect leader,"> Dragrere stated, <"comes from hubris. That leads to ego and ego to weakness. Those who believe they can't be wrong have most trouble adapting when they are. I can't recall who said that..">
----------------
"Yeah, I figure so," Hanabelle admitted. "Where d'you want to head next?"
---------------
Jenevive laughed lightly. "I assume you've got a teacher for extremely extreme parkour?" The boys reached the front of the line and started getting into the 'log'.
---------------
"Oh, you want to feel THAT, do you," Jenny asked Quint, a little humorously. "If you want a real bone jarrer..." She looked around at the room and checked its wall armour carefully. "Well, the tremors start low in the power scale. But then there's this..." She shut the computer monitor down and stepped into the middle of the room. She looked around, just in case. She flexed, rotated, spread her arms wide and brought them together as hard as she could.
"Right now, Hivemind and I have most of them restrained it seems..." Predator observed while pushing down on the group of monsters with his shield. "It's only a couple of stragglers. And... It seems we have someone who can herd the rest." Predator looked over at Liz as she exited the building.
Legotron123 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:50 pm
Liz headed back up the stairs to help Sal-Hleel, first at something of a brisk jog, before outright bolting once she was certain the civilians wouldn't hear her. As she neared the top, she started turning into her Varanian form, her skin turning to scales, her teeth growing sharper, and a tail starting to poke out from above her rear as she dashed through the lobby.
Sal-Hleel was attempting to grapple with the monster and, all things considered, he was doing rather well. He was covered in lacerations and bite marks, but at least the thing hadn't reached the entrance to the building yet. He glanced only for a moment at Liz as she transformed, but this proved to be a mistake. The creature spun around and slashed the Varanian across the face, then dug it's long, dagger-like nails deep into Sal-Hleel's abdomen. The abomination then lifted it's arm, hurling Sal-Hleel through a front window of the office building.

Sal-Hleel rolled and tumbled along the ground, stopping at Liz's feet. He lay there, unmoving.

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:12 am
<"The idea of a perfect leader,"> Dragrere stated, <"comes from hubris. That leads to ego and ego to weakness. Those who believe they can't be wrong have most trouble adapting when they are. I can't recall who said that..">
"As much as I agree, many others don't and are willing to exploit what they see as weakness to gain power." Hivemind replied. "But we're getting off topic. Have you formed a perimeter around the town?"

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:12 am
"Yeah, I figure so," Hanabelle admitted. "Where d'you want to head next?"
"We could go to the martial arts store. Could use some more throwin' stars."

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:12 am
Jenevive laughed lightly. "I assume you've got a teacher for extremely extreme parkour?" The boys reached the front of the line and started getting into the 'log'.
"The ship's got over ten billion people on it of all different species." The Lycan said as he climbed into the next log. "I'm sure there's one out there."

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:12 am
"Oh, you want to feel THAT, do you," Jenny asked Quint, a little humorously. "If you want a real bone jarrer..." She looked around at the room and checked its wall armour carefully. "Well, the tremors start low in the power scale. But then there's this..." She shut the computer monitor down and stepped into the middle of the room. She looked around, just in case. She flexed, rotated, spread her arms wide and brought them together as hard as she could.

The shockwave was so loud it almost even deafened Jenny. The sound expanded across the room and crashed heavily into the walls before bouncing back and impacting the other walls, the force almost knocking Jenny bandy. The only reason it didn't was the fact that she'd thrown herself to the floor immediately she'd 'fired', putting her hands over her head for protection. Every bone in her body ached from the impact, starting in her shoulders and radiating down her body to the point where her tail was vibrating with her toes. She waited until the feel of shockwaves ceased on her back before she looked up. "Whoa," she said, looking on smashed consoles and buckled armour plates as the recessed lights flickered pathetically. "Remind me never to do that indoors again. Reckon he'll buy that it was like this when we got here?"
Jenny wouldn't get the chance to try to shift blame. The moment the room was damaged, Hivemind knew about it. Within seconds, the door open and about two dozen spider droids the size of cats poured in and started distributing themselves across the room. The floor, the walls, the ceiling, all of them were covered in the robotic spiders.

While intimidating with their spindly legs and sharp tools, these droids were clearly built for maintenance rather than combat. They immediately got to work welding and hammering and rewiring and replacing the busted walls and consoles and training dummies.

-----------------------------------
Deske wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:14 pm
"That sounds like a great plan actually," Chris said, "Wasn't aware that there was a tournament today. Should probably check the community calendar more often... Anyway, where's the sign up at?"
"According to the Beacon Public Events website, we can register online or in person at the Capitol Arena." MT answered, looking at the website in his mind. "Should I sign us up?"

-----------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:26 pm
Tatiana tilted her head at Recon's announcement. She approached her comrade, stepping carefully around the downed brawlers, hands in her new pockets. "Leaving bruised bodies in high spirits I assume?"
Recon shrugged lightly at this. "I was always going to pay for the drinks. We made more on yesterday's job than most of these guys make in a year, combined. It's the least we could do to thank them for the fun!"

-----------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:50 pm
Kolt barely managed to twist backwards dodge Eira's attack, though not before a spike on her ice arm left a nasty gash on his shirt. Using the backwards momentum of his dodge, he turned it into a backflip, trying to grab the undersides of her arms with his legs and fling her back to the ground.
Kolt was successful in flipping Eira around him, but as she circled around him and soared straight for the ground, Kolt would feel something grip his leg. Eira had encased his leg within her ice arm. She flipped in mid air, then thrust her ice arm over her to throw Kolt straight into the ground.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:25 pm
"Don't think that you can threaten or intimidate me. You just got off of thin ice with me. Don't just go right back to skating on the lake." Hivemind warned the OtherSide. "You could just ask me to keep this a secret. I'm perfectly willing to do so without the threats."
The OtherSide simply smiled, letting slip by accident, "So I see...You know, your brother spoke highly of you and I'm beginning to see why he did...ahem," he cleared his throat then, realizing he spoke a bit too much, "Still, you reacted in the way I was hoping, thus that secret is truly safe with you. Now then, if we are done with this pow-wow, what mission did you have in mind for Hawk, if I may inquire?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Yeah, Jenny thought, sorry 'bout that, Quint. T'be honest, I've always wanted t' do that one but I've been afraid to try it. See how powerful it could be. Kinda lost m'self for a bit. Simple answer is I dunno, really, where it begins t' hurt. I've kind of acclimatised to it, you know? She winced. Definitely felt that'n, though. You O.K? She spoke to a repair drone. "Sorry about that," she said.
--------------------
<"South and west have Sheriff's teams carrying out blockades,"> Dragrere replied, <"and rangers are keeping a perimeter in the woods.>"
------------------
"Thank you," Corp said, still not quite trusting the Vixen but operating on 'first emergency first'. He connected up the 'phone whilst checking over the wounded Celican with what few First Aid abilities he had. "Get ready to move out for the back stairs," he said. "I'll take point. Lewis, you're on the rear. And if you die," he told the Celican, "I will be VERY disappointed. Stay alive, right?" After doing what he could, he moved back so the Vixen could take over care.
-----------------
"Sounds like an idea," Hannabelle replied. "It's never smart to rely on just one deadly weapon. I've been down to knitting needles before. Hive won't let me have those now. Probably."
----------------
Jaken kept a close eye on where Andy was whilst they were in the queue but, when the ride was on the move, he lost track so decided not to try and portal drench him. Jenevive - having gotten in by the Lycan as one or two kids 'whoa'ed on recognising him - just held on.
----------------
"I haven't the faintest idea what that is," Sana admitted, somehow bouncing in synchronicity with the word 'faintest', "but we should find out." With the strength of the tiny, she led the way.
---------------
Cherry spoke carefully and gently into the comm, letting Conall see her mouth as she spoke (and Sarah looked on interestedly). "Can you hear me, Conall?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5333
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:25 pm
It didn't take long for a Hive droid to catch up to Kol. "You should be resting, Kol. You took a lot of abuse in that last fight." he said. "I understand you're looking for new employment. I apologize that the Champions did not work out for you, but I will try to help you find a new job."
Kol mutters something that apparently loosely translates to her grumbling about the food and beds in medical, still trudging towards her quarters.
CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:25 pm
"I don't know anything about Hyperion Station. This is an office building on the planet, Celica. My name is Hivemind, Captain of the Megaship, Beacon of Hope. We need to get you out of here, seeing as there are nearly unkillable supermonsters trying to break into this building." Hivemind said. He took a step back to let the strange person out. "I understand you likely know how to fight, but I would recommend against shooting these hostiles as they adapt to anything that hurts them. So come with me if you want to live." He added, in a deeper, somewhat more Austrian accent.
Shaska's eyes light up with glee at the mention of the freaks, a rising 'eeee' noise coming from her a moment before she speaks up proper, "Run? are you kidding me? this sounds like my kind of party!" glancing around the hall quickly, she locates the nearest window, getting a look outside to see if she can find the fighting he mentioned.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana's eye lights blinked lightly. "I do believe I lack a proper, hmm, understanding of money. Back on the Rim I mostly dealt in favors." She paused for a moment, looking over the brawl's aftermath, savoring the low stakes fight that just passed. "I think this jacket and head thingies are the first things I've bought since coming here. Maybe food? Everything is a blur." The liquiform said offhandedly.

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3998
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt tried to right himself, but was barely able to start before he slammed into the ground. He laid there for a moment, stunned and slightly imbedded into the floor, before he started grinning like a mad man. "That was the BEST." He said as he pulled himself out of the ground, discarding his ripped shirt in the process. "You're a great sparring partner! I haven't gotten my butt handed to me like that in a while!!!"
--
I am fine, just slightly stunned. I am more concerned with you. Quint responded, still faintly annoyed. You should get check by a medic before we do any more testing. Using that much power cannot have been good for your body.
--
Lewis picked up the rear side of the chair, making sure to keep the civilian's body flat. Once he was ready, he gave Corp a simple nod.
--
Liz glanced at Sal-Hleels unconscious body, Varanian anger starting to bubble up inside her. As she stepped over him, she started growing, shifting from turning into Sal-Hleel to turning into the Shipmaster. Once she finished changing, she let out a mighty roar at the creature, daring it to try the same with her.
God, America sucks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3755
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:29 am
The OtherSide simply smiled, letting slip by accident, "So I see...You know, your brother spoke highly of you and I'm beginning to see why he did...ahem," he cleared his throat then, realizing he spoke a bit too much, "Still, you reacted in the way I was hoping, thus that secret is truly safe with you. Now then, if we are done with this pow-wow, what mission did you have in mind for Hawk, if I may inquire?"
"I didn't say I have a mission already. I said I will allow him to take on assignments. The only major thing going on right now, I'm afraid Hawk might not make it in time to help..." Hivemind thought for a moment. "Though... We do have a hidden underground bomb shelter likely full of baddies to capture. You should be able to arrive on time for that. You'd be working with Corp, Lewis, Captain Liz, Sal-Hleel, and the Predator Drone. You don't know any of them, but you'll be meeting them soon. Do you two accept this job?"

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:20 am
<"South and west have Sheriff's teams carrying out blockades,"> Dragrere replied, <"and rangers are keeping a perimeter in the woods.>"
"Good. We have most of the creatures contained with a couple of stragglers. Champions are carrying out evacuations of the nearby buildings. I will send you whatever information I can about these creatures that I can. Keep in mind, capturing them without causing harm seems to be the most effective strategy to defeat them. Use heavy, reinforced containers if you have them." Hivemind said.

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:20 am
"Thank you," Corp said, still not quite trusting the Vixen but operating on 'first emergency first'. He connected up the 'phone whilst checking over the wounded Celican with what few First Aid abilities he had. "Get ready to move out for the back stairs," he said. "I'll take point. Lewis, you're on the rear. And if you die," he told the Celican, "I will be VERY disappointed. Stay alive, right?" After doing what he could, he moved back so the Vixen could take over care.
Hivemind immediately connected to the local network and started pulling up security camera recordings throughout the building. He searched through the recordings of chaos and carnage as the monsters attacked, then rewinded to before the attack. He saw a group of people dressed as scientists and businessmen being escorted through the basement by heavily armed and armored soldiers. He looked at the rear stairway recording, where he saw them again. "Corp, the group you mentioned didn't leave out the back. They went down the stairs. There's a stairway leading down deeper under the facility, but it's behind a locked door. The door looks reinforced from the other side, but once you get things handled, I can unlock it for you."

- - - - -
Legotron123 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:41 pm
Liz glanced at Sal-Hleels unconscious body, Varanian anger starting to bubble up inside her. As she stepped over him, she started growing, shifting from turning into Sal-Hleel to turning into the Shipmaster. Once she finished changing, she let out a mighty roar at the creature, daring it to try the same with her.
The creature snarled and charged at Liz. It took a mighty leap straight at Liz's throat, claws out and ready to kill.

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:20 am
"Sounds like an idea," Hannabelle replied. "It's never smart to rely on just one deadly weapon. I've been down to knitting needles before. Hive won't let me have those now. Probably."
Gear laughed as they walked into the weapon shop. "I think Hive'll give ya yer knittin' needles back at some point. He didn't stop ya from walkin' in here, did he?"

The inside of the shop had a lot of different weapons on display racks and mounted on stands. Most of them were ceremonial and decorative, but there were a few locked shelves with throwing knives, daggers, hatchets, arrows of different kinds, targets, and ammo for other sport weapons.

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:20 am
Jaken kept a close eye on where Andy was whilst they were in the queue but, when the ride was on the move, he lost track so decided not to try and portal drench him. Jenevive - having gotten in by the Lycan as one or two kids 'whoa'ed on recognising him - just held on.
The Lycan held on as the ride started and the two logs, one carrying the kids and the one with Randy and Jenevive, started down the flume. The conveyor belts carried the logs up higher, higher, and higher still until they had a nice view of the park. Then, the flume dipped slightly, and the logs soared through the tubes and half-pipes.

--------------------------------
Buster wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:21 am
Kol mutters something that apparently loosely translates to her grumbling about the food and beds in medical, still trudging towards her quarters.
Hivemind sighed. "Alright. I'll bring some food up to your room. Good food, none of that hospital food. Get some rest."

--------------------------------
Buster wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:21 am
Shaska's eyes light up with glee at the mention of the freaks, a rising 'eeee' noise coming from her a moment before she speaks up proper, "Run? are you kidding me? this sounds like my kind of party!" glancing around the hall quickly, she locates the nearest window, getting a look outside to see if she can find the fighting he mentioned.
Hivemind shook his head. "The fight's out front. You can't see it from here. I know I have no authority over you, but if you insist on getting involved, please try to at least do so from a distance. We've got Champions on the field engaging the stragglers and I don't want you obstructing them. Finally, we are trying to capture or trap these creatures. They seem to be immune to death, and they regenerate from anything. They become immune to what damages them. If you only have a gun, try luring them under some unstable structure and collapse it on top of them."

--------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:00 am
Tatiana's eye lights blinked lightly. "I do believe I lack a proper, hmm, understanding of money. Back on the Rim I mostly dealt in favors." She paused for a moment, looking over the brawl's aftermath, savoring the low stakes fight that just passed. "I think this jacket and head thingies are the first things I've bought since coming here. Maybe food? Everything is a blur." The liquiform said offhandedly.
"That makes sense, I suppose." Recon said as she handed her ID/Payment Card to the bartender. "Anyway, that was fun. You want another drink, or should we get going?"

--------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:41 pm
Kolt tried to right himself, but was barely able to start before he slammed into the ground. He laid there for a moment, stunned and slightly imbedded into the floor, before he started grinning like a mad man. "That was the BEST." He said as he pulled himself out of the ground, discarding his ripped shirt in the process. "You're a great sparring partner! I haven't gotten my butt handed to me like that in a while!!!"
"Thanks! You're pretty good too!" Eira used her ice arm to help lift Kolt to his feet. "I think you'd make it at least to the semi-finals in the tournament! You planning on entering?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:06 pm
"I didn't say I have a mission already. I said I will allow him to take on assignments. The only major thing going on right now, I'm afraid Hawk might not make it in time to help..." Hivemind thought for a moment. "Though... We do have a hidden underground bomb shelter likely full of baddies to capture. You should be able to arrive on time for that. You'd be working with Corp, Lewis, Captain Liz, Sal-Hleel, and the Predator Drone. You don't know any of them, but you'll be meeting them soon. Do you two accept this job?"
Resuming form and control, Hawk, unaware of the conversation his other side and Hivemind had, replied with his usual demeanor returned, "Underground bomb shelter, eh? Haven't stormed one of those in a while...Job accepted! I'll only need my personal revolvers for this job, but I'll bring the two sawed-offs as back-ups," he then adjusted his hat a bit before getting ready to head to the hangers, "I do have one request of you: If I have to be sent there via ship, have the ship be one of the simple cargo vessels with the rear-entry ramp. Anything else would give away that the crew has back-up dropping in. Safe playing, if you know what I mean."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4294
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

"Kind like a Tasmanian Devil but with tiger strips and a bit bigger. Also a marsupial," Denver said, letting himself be dragged along, "They're extinct on my world, but I'm curious to see if they've been brought back to life here."
------
Colorado watched with Conall with excitement.
------
"I'd like to see the Capitol Arena if you're alright with a bit of travel," Chris said. "I figure it'd be a good idea to do some more exploring, get a lay of the land and such."

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

<"Right,"> Dragrere said, pausing for a moment. <"You should know we're taking in a tally of Monta's senior staff over these last few days. One or two of their supposedly mid level geneticists have dropped off the radar. Of course we have a lot of dead to account for but this could be something.">
--------------------
Corp kept his thoughts to himself. He almost moved to take the lead but then stopped. "You're up front with me," he told the Vixen as others helped the wounded onto the stretcher. "You know the way. We'll have to leave the group in the elevator for the moment, Hive. We can't assist them right now and they're probably safe there anyhow." Especially if we lead them away, he thought as they began to move out..
--------------------
Hannabelle grinned at Gear. "You know just what to say to make an old girl feel young again, eh?" She looked at one of the vintage sporting rifles. "Looks like the one I won the Bronze with thirty years back," she admitted.
-------------------
Jenny shook her head slightly. You're probably right, Quint, she thought to her 'close' friend. I'm headed to the medical bay in a bit anyhow so I'll get scanned then, yeah? Nothing FEELS broken but you never know... As for hurt? She took a seat. Trouble is you get used to it, y'know? Even when you don't use it a lot, you still get used to the effect. I'm not really sure I can tell you at what level it begins to hurt, yeah? No way you can tap into my subconscious is there?
---------------------
"We could always try one of these panels," Sana said, stopping at an info-booth and changing the onscreen keyboard to Human English (Aus).
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5333
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:06 pm
Buster wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:21 am
Shaska's eyes light up with glee at the mention of the freaks, a rising 'eeee' noise coming from her a moment before she speaks up proper, "Run? are you kidding me? this sounds like my kind of party!" glancing around the hall quickly, she locates the nearest window, getting a look outside to see if she can find the fighting he mentioned.
Hivemind shook his head. "The fight's out front. You can't see it from here. I know I have no authority over you, but if you insist on getting involved, please try to at least do so from a distance. We've got Champions on the field engaging the stragglers and I don't want you obstructing them. Finally, we are trying to capture or trap these creatures. They seem to be immune to death, and they regenerate from anything. They become immune to what damages them. If you only have a gun, try luring them under some unstable structure and collapse it on top of them."
"Champions... Champions... Don't think I've heard of that outfit. To fancy sounding for a gang and you look like a Halcyon D series so i'm guessing... Corporate Militia? or a sector Sepratist Military?" She asks, looking her apparent tag along over as she repositions to the other side of the building, getting a good look at the chaos outside. Halcyon Engineering is the same company that made Talya's old shell, though whether hive would think to cross reference the two to spot that, i'm uncertain. Finding a suitable window with a view outside, she cuts a quick hole in it before getting comfortable.

"So, aim to immobilize, since kill shots may not work. Got it. Want me to gift wrap em for ya too?" She snarks, popping the top cover off her rifle, and swapping out the plasma coil for one of the three on her belt, that gives off a visible icy mist instead of a warm glow once it powers up, at least until she closes the casing back up. looking down the scope in time to see a frankly hunky male something, smash a banged up and kinda ugly reptile's face in. then jump another bigger reptile that just showed up. Dang... seems a shame to take potshots at *that* backside... oh well. she thinks to herself, expression hidden by the mouthpiece covering her muzzle, before squeezing the trigger and sending a Cryo-lock round towards Liz's opponent. Providing the captain unexpected covering fire in the form of an opponent who may have ice encased hindquarters any second now. "That boy needs to chill."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed in thought, glancing to the bar, before shrugging. "I'd say let's go, don't want to ruin the only bar drink I like by drowning in it." She said, beginning to walk towards the exit.

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14192
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:20 am
Cherry spoke carefully and gently into the comm, letting Conall see her mouth as she spoke (and Sarah looked on interestedly). "Can you hear me, Conall?"
Conall's jaw drops open and he jumps as though electrified. His paws go first to his muzzle and then shakily to his temples before slowly returning back to his muzzle as he tries to process what just occurred.

"Conall? Are ye okay?" Cailean asks in sign (and aloud for Cherry's benefit).

The Laird flaps his paws for a few moments, the universal sign in the deaf community for "ummm".
"Ah dinnae ken. Ah dinnae ken what tha' was.. It was sae weird!"

"What happened, bro? What did it feel like? Did ye hear her?"

"Ah dinnae ken. It was like a... Like a tingling, a vibration, but deep inside mah head... Is tha' what hearin's like? It... Ah dinnae ken if Ah liked it..."

"Nae... It's... Hard tae explain but nae, ye dinnae normally feel it. Ah wonder what tha' was aboot..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3998
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"Totally! Though I should probably get a replacement shirt first." Kolt said, pointing to his now exposed chest muscles. "Though maybe I SHOULD participate looking like this. I mean, it's not like they'll let me use my suit anyways. What do you think? Will my chances increase if I go out shirtless?" He joked, although his muscles were rather nice to look at. It was clear that he spent some time working on them, probably in case he ever encountered a situation where his powers weren't an option.
--
Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on who you talk to, my ability to read your memories does not extend to reading your subconscious. Quint said, some unreadable emotion in his words. But I do get where you are coming from, even if I find the idea of getting used to pain to be mildly upsetting.
--
As Lewis helped carry the stretcher down the hall, a thought popped into his head. "Hey Corp, how much you wanna bet whatever is down those stairs has something to do with that conspiracy we found out about yesterday?" He asked, in a tone that sounded like he was trying to be joking, but came off as more resigned and tired than anything.
--
Liz snarled at the approaching beast, raising her hands into the air. She clasped them together like she was going to spike a volleyball, and slammed them down towards the creature, trying to punt it into the concrete. She didn't seem to notice Shaska or her shot, focusing more on exterminating the creature who hurt her subordinate.
God, America sucks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3755
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:59 pm
Resuming form and control, Hawk, unaware of the conversation his other side and Hivemind had, replied with his usual demeanor returned, "Underground bomb shelter, eh? Haven't stormed one of those in a while...Job accepted! I'll only need my personal revolvers for this job, but I'll bring the two sawed-offs as back-ups," he then adjusted his hat a bit before getting ready to head to the hangers, "I do have one request of you: If I have to be sent there via ship, have the ship be one of the simple cargo vessels with the rear-entry ramp. Anything else would give away that the crew has back-up dropping in. Safe playing, if you know what I mean."
Hivemind shook his head. "Subtlety isn't necessary. All attention down there is focused on handling an escaped bioweapon. Anyone seeing a dropship will assume we're bringing in support to deal with that." the robot explained. "I'm sending you in a Sparrow. It's the only dropship fast enough to get you there in time. I'd also like to express that the bomb shelter is likely full of mainly scientists and researchers, so make sure you check your target. Lethal force is not authorized for this, so I will equip you with Amber rounds. They'll immobilize anything you shoot."

---------------------------------------------
Deske wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:31 pm
"I'd like to see the Capitol Arena if you're alright with a bit of travel," Chris said. "I figure it'd be a good idea to do some more exploring, get a lay of the land and such."
"I agree." MT said, opening his cockpit. "Shall we fly, or travel on the ground and get a closer look at what this city has to offer?"

---------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:24 pm
<"Right,"> Dragrere said, pausing for a moment. <"You should know we're taking in a tally of Monta's senior staff over these last few days. One or two of their supposedly mid level geneticists have dropped off the radar. Of course we have a lot of dead to account for but this could be something.">
"It's likely that a number of them are in the shelter." Hivemind thought out loud. "We will let you know. I will also work on figuring out who Monta got DNA from. These creatures have some distinctly Celican traits."

---------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:24 pm
Corp kept his thoughts to himself. He almost moved to take the lead but then stopped. "You're up front with me," he told the Vixen as others helped the wounded onto the stretcher. "You know the way. We'll have to leave the group in the elevator for the moment, Hive. We can't assist them right now and they're probably safe there anyhow." Especially if we lead them away, he thought as they began to move out..
The vixen nodded and took the lead, heading towards the back stairs.

"I can get the group in the elevator in a minute. I just need to finish securing the main group of these things. In the meantime, get the people you found to the Ibis while Liz has the straggler distracted." Hivemind said.

---------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:24 pm
Hannabelle grinned at Gear. "You know just what to say to make an old girl feel young again, eh?" She looked at one of the vintage sporting rifles. "Looks like the one I won the Bronze with thirty years back," she admitted.
"Might be based on it." Gear said, checking the label. "It's a model. Just a decoration, but it's based on a Celican style gun."

No store on the Beacon sells live firearms to the public.

---------------------------------------------
Buster wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:32 am
"Champions... Champions... Don't think I've heard of that outfit. To fancy sounding for a gang and you look like a Halcyon D series so i'm guessing... Corporate Militia? or a sector Sepratist Military?" She asks, looking her apparent tag along over as she repositions to the other side of the building, getting a good look at the chaos outside. Halcyon Engineering is the same company that made Talya's old shell, though whether hive would think to cross reference the two to spot that, i'm uncertain. Finding a suitable window with a view outside, she cuts a quick hole in it before getting comfortable.
Hivemind looked at the new creature and recognizes the term Halcyon. Realizing this person was likely from Kol, Kobor, and Talya's home universe, and remembering the things he heard about it, he figured he should just go along for now. "Yeah... Corporate Militia... Something like that. We're paid for and equipped by some rich idealistic idiot who likes to stick his nose in things that aren't his business. Dangerous work, but it pays well, people like that we help out, and the hopeless dreamer running our group has a lot of respect for our work."
Buster wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:32 am
"So, aim to immobilize, since kill shots may not work. Got it. Want me to gift wrap em for ya too?" She snarks, popping the top cover off her rifle, and swapping out the plasma coil for one of the three on her belt, that gives off a visible icy mist instead of a warm glow once it powers up, at least until she closes the casing back up. looking down the scope in time to see a frankly hunky male something, smash a banged up and kinda ugly reptile's face in. then jump another bigger reptile that just showed up. Dang... seems a shame to take potshots at *that* backside... oh well. she thinks to herself, expression hidden by the mouthpiece covering her muzzle, before squeezing the trigger and sending a Cryo-lock round towards Liz's opponent. Providing the captain unexpected covering fire in the form of an opponent who may have ice encased hindquarters any second now. "That boy needs to chill."
Hivemind gave a mental eyeroll at the pun, but wasn't going to criticize the results as the ice shot struck the creature in the hip, freezing it's joint and causing it to stumble.
Legotron123 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 pm
Liz snarled at the approaching beast, raising her hands into the air. She clasped them together like she was going to spike a volleyball, and slammed them down towards the creature, trying to punt it into the concrete. She didn't seem to notice Shaska or her shot, focusing more on exterminating the creature who hurt her subordinate.
Liz's hit struck true and smashed the abomination straight into the concrete, creating a crater of shattered stone in which the flattened creature lay motionless.

It wasn't motionless for long, however. It's body started to rise like a re-inflating balloon. It's bones strengthened as they healed. It's organs became more flexible and resistant to damage from pressure. A shell started growing on it that shined with a mother-of-pearl color before the outside hardened into a dark stone-like substance.

The creature got back to it's feet and shrieked with fury. Murder filled it's eyes as it snarled at Liz, getting ready to pounce once more.

"Liz! Focus! Pin it, don't crush it!" Hivemind called out to the Varanian Liz.

---------------------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:19 pm
Tatiana hummed in thought, glancing to the bar, before shrugging. "I'd say let's go, don't want to ruin the only bar drink I like by drowning in it." She said, beginning to walk towards the exit.
"Alright!" Recon said before following behind Tatiana. "Let's see... We did clothes shopping... We did a barroom brawl... What else should we do on our night out?"

---------------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:43 am
Conall's jaw drops open and he jumps as though electrified. His paws go first to his muzzle and then shakily to his temples before slowly returning back to his muzzle as he tries to process what just occurred.

"Conall? Are ye okay?" Cailean asks in sign (and aloud for Cherry's benefit).

The Laird flaps his paws for a few moments, the universal sign in the deaf community for "ummm".
"Ah dinnae ken. Ah dinnae ken what tha' was.. It was sae weird!"

"What happened, bro? What did it feel like? Did ye hear her?"

"Ah dinnae ken. It was like a... Like a tingling, a vibration, but deep inside mah head... Is tha' what hearin's like? It... Ah dinnae ken if Ah liked it..."

"Nae... It's... Hard tae explain but nae, ye dinnae normally feel it. Ah wonder what tha' was aboot..."
As Conall was signing, Hivemind took notice of what he was saying. The droid that was with them earlier returned. "I think I can explain what happened..." the droid started. "You were born deaf. As such, your brain has never had to interpret sound before. Your brain was picking up audio signals, but it didn't know what to do with them so you interpreted it as vibrations. Apparently this happens when people first get cochlear implants. Eventually, if you keep doing this, your brain will adapt and you will be able to hear it normally." Hivemind explained to the people there.

"Speaking of which... Have you ever considered getting an implant, Conall?"

---------------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 pm
"Totally! Though I should probably get a replacement shirt first." Kolt said, pointing to his now exposed chest muscles. "Though maybe I SHOULD participate looking like this. I mean, it's not like they'll let me use my suit anyways. What do you think? Will my chances increase if I go out shirtless?" He joked, although his muscles were rather nice to look at. It was clear that he spent some time working on them, probably in case he ever encountered a situation where his powers weren't an option.
Eira smirked and glanced up and down at him. "Well, you'd certainly have me distracted, hot stuff~!" she joked. "It's up to you though. People are allowed to wear whatever costumes they want as long as the outfit doesn't give them an unfair advantage."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:26 pm
Hivemind shook his head. "Subtlety isn't necessary. All attention down there is focused on handling an escaped bioweapon. Anyone seeing a dropship will assume we're bringing in support to deal with that." the robot explained. "I'm sending you in a Sparrow. It's the only dropship fast enough to get you there in time. I'd also like to express that the bomb shelter is likely full of mainly scientists and researchers, so make sure you check your target. Lethal force is not authorized for this, so I will equip you with Amber rounds. They'll immobilize anything you shoot."
"Well, see that I get Amber Rounds and Shells, cause I'm bringing my sawed-offs," Hawk replied before stopping and raising an eyebrow, "Did you say 'escaped bioweapon'? I know you want me to watch my shooting so I don't hit any civvies, hence the amber rounds, but if I may before I head to the Sparrow: Wouldn't it be better just to kill the bioweapon?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5333
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:26 pm
Hivemind looked at the new creature and recognizes the term Halcyon. Realizing this person was likely from Kol, Kobor, and Talya's home universe, and remembering the things he heard about it, he figured he should just go along for now. "Yeah... Corporate Militia... Something like that. We're paid for and equipped by some rich idealistic idiot who likes to stick his nose in things that aren't his business. Dangerous work, but it pays well, people like that we help out, and the hopeless dreamer running our group has a lot of respect for our work."
Correcting her aim and firing again, one shot at each ankle, "Ah, yeah those clients are a pain. Usually out of touch with how rough the frontier can be. What's the saying, It's only easy to be a saint in paradise?"

Shifting her aim she sweeps the intersection to see if it's just the one nearby. "Still whatever pays the bills."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Chances are good they're connected, Lieutenant," Corp said, defaulting back into military lingo for the moment, as they were in an active zone. It was a slip but he could rarely bring himself to call Lewis 'sir' in danger situations. He played it as 'not identifying the ranking officer' and keeping the intent on himself'. "Thought, Hive," he added, "if this is the only way out, then, perhaps, after you get the elevator lot out, you might knock the place down on top of them. Odds are it'll take their control down and, if it doesn't? You can tell them that stopping the attack will let us rescue them."

He kept close to the Vixen scientist as they made their way, smoothly through the passageways. "What is your name anyway," he asked conversationally as he checked the door they'd have to go through for traps. "'Look out, scientist' isn't going to cut it if I need yo to stay back." From him, it was almost a joke.
----------------------
"Does take me back," Hannabelle enthused. "The games haven't been the same since they allowed auto-sight calibration in. Used to be the rifle was a part of you, more than just something anyone could pick up. You knew it's heft, how far it pulled, how easily it matched your shoulder..." She shook her head free of the dreams of past glories. "Anyhow, we were here for your supplies, yeah?"
--------------------
Dragrere sent the information on Monta scientists up to the Beacon.
------------------
It's never as bad as the pain itself, my friend, Jenny replied, setting up more drones and preparing to go at a lower power. Some sensations for ya. She took some experimental shots at a drong to work out what pressure power she was hitting it with. It's mainly a jolt in the arm though, she admitted, that goes back to the shoulder blades, down the spine and tingles the tail.
----------------
After Conall replied to Hive, Cherry crossed over and crouched slightly to be face to face with the young Laird. She put a hand on his shoulder and asked, slowly and clearly, if he was OK. (Without using a comm)
---------------
"Tha'd take lot've practice," Sarah advised, regarding Conall and the cochlear. "Be like l'rnin t' speak f'r th' first time as 'e dunno what sound goes wi' what." She grinned to Cailean. "Might e'en get a prop'r accent like mine, eh?"
--------------
Jaken whooped as he got slightly splashed by the first of the small drops. Corvis ducked so only some of the water went down his back and the person behind got it all.
"Do you often get a..." Jenevive paused as the Lycan got soaked as badly as she had. "Get a chance to do this sort of thing," she laughed.
-------------
"And to think," Keeva said lightly, "what's left here will owe their future to you wanting to take me out for a trip, Pred. You're a hero."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4294
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

"I dunno, if he practices with Cherry and all he hears is her then he might pick up her accent. Definitely an interesting thought," Colorado said, grinning at the idea of a Scotsman lacking a Scottish accent.
------
"Ground, if that's alright with you. I'd like to see if there's anything good I can pick up for dinner tonight."
------
"Ah yeah, that is definitely an option," Denver said, following Sana over to the info booth. He reached down and typed in the word "Thylacine" to see what would come up.

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana shrugged as she glanced around, noting her duster's collar blocking her view slightly. "Can't say I have much to add. I mostly just follow others or go where told, whether on Beacon or on world. Really, this whole hanging out thing is a new frontier for me." She turned her eye lights to her comrade an almost deadpan look conveyed. "Unless you have a gang problem revolving around a gang that is a never ending swarm of clones of one guy I got nothing."

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14192
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aah. Tha' makes sense." Conall nods as Hivemind signs before giving a slightly hesitant nod and wonly thumbs up in response to Cherry's question. He then turns his attention back to the droid.
"Aye, we looked intae it but never went ahead wi' it. Doctors did scans an' said wi' th' way mah nerves are between mah ears an' brain, it may nae work anywye. Besides, wi' most o' mah friends an' all mah family signin' Ah didnae need tae hear anywye. Ah wasnae missin oot on much. Tha' plus th' risks o' surgery there an... Well, we just decided it wasnae worth it."

"It's worse than tha', Sarah. He disnae even ken what sound IS yet. He'd need tae learn tha' first." Cailean points out before giggling at the joke.

"Och, nae! Tha' settles it Ah cannae sound like a [bleeping] Englishdog! Ah'm Scottish! It wuidnae be right! [bleep] tha'!" Conall objects in true Scottish form, looking horrified, but making the reaction overly dramatic to make it clear he's joking.

"He says -heehee- he it wuidnae be right fer him, a Scot, tae sound English." Giggling, Cailean tactfully skips the profanity as he translates for Cherry, and partly for Sarah, Colorado and the droid in case the overly large signs confuse them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3998
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt paused for a moment, looking like he was genuinely considering the idea, before shaking his head. "Nah, I think I'd rather at least wear a t-shirt for this." He said, heading for the door. "I could just get one from my closet, but I'm kinda in the mood to do some shopping. You want to come with me, or would you rather stay and train some more?" He asked, turning his head to look at Eira behind him.
--
That sounds painful. Quint said bluntly, as Jenny readied another round of targets. He was getting the impression that Jenny wasn't uncomfortable with the current topic of conversation, so he decided to switch it up. Do you plan on participating in the fighting tournament later today, or would you rather just watch it?
--
Lewis went back to being silent as he helped carry the wounded, trying to keep his eyes open for any approaching creatures or trapped civilians.
--
Liz struggled to stay focused on Hivemind's words as the beast started to get up. It was so easy to get lost in the anger in this form, but she had to keep her wits together so she could beat this thing. Bringing her leg up, she slammed her foot into the monster with a thundering PHFWAMM!!! She pressed all her weight into it, trying to keep the thing pinned until one of the drones could deal with it more permanently.
God, America sucks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3755
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:51 pm
"Well, see that I get Amber Rounds and Shells, cause I'm bringing my sawed-offs," Hawk replied before stopping and raising an eyebrow, "Did you say 'escaped bioweapon'? I know you want me to watch my shooting so I don't hit any civvies, hence the amber rounds, but if I may before I head to the Sparrow: Wouldn't it be better just to kill the bioweapon?"
"I would agree with you. The bioweapon does not appear to be fully sentient, and it would be safer to dispose of them permanently." Hivemind responded with a nod while leading the way to the nearest portal door. As he walked through, stepping into a hanger with a free Sparrow, he continued. "In this case it's less a matter of the no-kill rule. We've tried to kill these things repeatedly. They keep getting back up. Shoot it in the head, it heals and grows a hard bulletproof shell on it's head. Burn it, and it recovers while growing fireproof skin. Break it's arm, and it's arm will heal in seconds stronger than ever. Break it's claw, it grows back sharper." Hivemind opened the Sparrow's side door. "These things can't be killed by conventional means. They adapt to anything that damages them. That is why it is best to restrain them without causing damage. They can't adapt to something that hasn't caused any damage to them."

-----------------------------------
Buster wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:52 am
Correcting her aim and firing again, one shot at each ankle, "Ah, yeah those clients are a pain. Usually out of touch with how rough the frontier can be. What's the saying, It's only easy to be a saint in paradise?"

Shifting her aim she sweeps the intersection to see if it's just the one nearby. "Still whatever pays the bills."
Hivemind shrugged as the creature stumbled. "I wouldn't say he's out of touch. Just that he's idealistic and naïve enough to think one individual can make a difference."
Legotron123 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:53 pm
Liz struggled to stay focused on Hivemind's words as the beast started to get up. It was so easy to get lost in the anger in this form, but she had to keep her wits together so she could beat this thing. Bringing her leg up, she slammed her foot into the monster with a thundering PHFWAMM!!! She pressed all her weight into it, trying to keep the thing pinned until one of the drones could deal with it more permanently.
The creature vanished from sight, being entirely eclipsed by Liz's clawed foot as she pressed it into the pavement below. As much as the creature healed, it couldn't get enough strength to lift the two story tall varanian off of it. The more it pushed, the deeper it buried itself in the shattered concrete below.

A number of heavy military Hive droids ran up to Liz with their shields at the ready to try to restrain the creature whenever Liz lifted her foot.

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:50 am
"Chances are good they're connected, Lieutenant," Corp said, defaulting back into military lingo for the moment, as they were in an active zone. It was a slip but he could rarely bring himself to call Lewis 'sir' in danger situations. He played it as 'not identifying the ranking officer' and keeping the intent on himself'. "Thought, Hive," he added, "if this is the only way out, then, perhaps, after you get the elevator lot out, you might knock the place down on top of them. Odds are it'll take their control down and, if it doesn't? You can tell them that stopping the attack will let us rescue them."

He kept close to the Vixen scientist as they made their way, smoothly through the passageways. "What is your name anyway," he asked conversationally as he checked the door they'd have to go through for traps. "'Look out, scientist' isn't going to cut it if I need yo to stay back." From him, it was almost a joke.
"Elizabeth." The vixen said quickly, still focused on getting the injured Celican up the stairs to the exit.

"Predator's scans show the bomb shelter isn't directly under the office building. It seems there is a system of tunnels under the town. Even if I demolished the building, they'd have other ways out." Hivemind said in Corp's comm.

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:50 am
"Does take me back," Hannabelle enthused. "The games haven't been the same since they allowed auto-sight calibration in. Used to be the rifle was a part of you, more than just something anyone could pick up. You knew it's heft, how far it pulled, how easily it matched your shoulder..." She shook her head free of the dreams of past glories. "Anyhow, we were here for your supplies, yeah?"
"Nah. We're here to kill time an' have fun." Gear commented as he browsed the throwing knives and hatchets. "I think they've got a target range in the back. Want to fling steel downrange?"

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:50 am
Jaken whooped as he got slightly splashed by the first of the small drops. Corvis ducked so only some of the water went down his back and the person behind got it all.
"Do you often get a..." Jenevive paused as the Lycan got soaked as badly as she had. "Get a chance to do this sort of thing," she laughed.
The Lycan frowned, his soaking fur covering his eyes. He reached up and brushed it back so he could see, then laughed. "That's better. And sometimes, though not as often since Eira's grown up."

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:50 am
"And to think," Keeva said lightly, "what's left here will owe their future to you wanting to take me out for a trip, Pred. You're a hero."
"I still don't know what drew me to this place. I don't know if something even did draw me here, or if it was pure chance."

-----------------------------------
Deske wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:06 pm
"Ground, if that's alright with you. I'd like to see if there's anything good I can pick up for dinner tonight."
"Very well." MT said, leaving his cockpit open for Chris to climb in. "Because we do not have the helmet at the moment, I will drive. However, if you see anything interesting, point it out and we can visit."

-----------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:11 am
Tatiana shrugged as she glanced around, noting her duster's collar blocking her view slightly. "Can't say I have much to add. I mostly just follow others or go where told, whether on Beacon or on world. Really, this whole hanging out thing is a new frontier for me." She turned her eye lights to her comrade an almost deadpan look conveyed. "Unless you have a gang problem revolving around a gang that is a never ending swarm of clones of one guy I got nothing."
Recon paced back and forth while thinking. Finally she stopped. "Ever been to a professional Superhero fighting arena?" she asked. "I feel like I've asked this before..."

-----------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:48 am
"Aah. Tha' makes sense." Conall nods as Hivemind signs before giving a slightly hesitant nod and wonly thumbs up in response to Cherry's question. He then turns his attention back to the droid.
"Aye, we looked intae it but never went ahead wi' it. Doctors did scans an' said wi' th' way mah nerves are between mah ears an' brain, it may nae work anywye. Besides, wi' most o' mah friends an' all mah family signin' Ah didnae need tae hear anywye. Ah wasnae missin oot on much. Tha' plus th' risks o' surgery there an... Well, we just decided it wasnae worth it."
"Well, it's your choice." Hivemind signed with a shrug. "But the Beacon's medical technology is considerably more advanced than where you come from, and hearing aids and implants are 100% covered by the Beacon's Public Universal Healthcare. If you change your mind, just flag me down."

-----------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:53 pm
Kolt paused for a moment, looking like he was genuinely considering the idea, before shaking his head. "Nah, I think I'd rather at least wear a t-shirt for this." He said, heading for the door. "I could just get one from my closet, but I'm kinda in the mood to do some shopping. You want to come with me, or would you rather stay and train some more?" He asked, turning his head to look at Eira behind him.
"I've got to clean up here and shower, if you'd be willing to wait a few minutes." Eira commented as she bent down and lifted a 100 lb dumbell with her organic hand like it was made of air. "You can wait or you can go on ahead."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:31 pm
"I would agree with you. The bioweapon does not appear to be fully sentient, and it would be safer to dispose of them permanently." Hivemind responded with a nod while leading the way to the nearest portal door. As he walked through, stepping into a hanger with a free Sparrow, he continued. "In this case it's less a matter of the no-kill rule. We've tried to kill these things repeatedly. They keep getting back up. Shoot it in the head, it heals and grows a hard bulletproof shell on it's head. Burn it, and it recovers while growing fireproof skin. Break it's arm, and it's arm will heal in seconds stronger than ever. Break it's claw, it grows back sharper." Hivemind opened the Sparrow's side door. "These things can't be killed by conventional means. They adapt to anything that damages them. That is why it is best to restrain them without causing damage. They can't adapt to something that hasn't caused any damage to them."
Hawk listened as Hivemind explained the situation, entering the Sparrow and taking to mind everything Hivemind said about the creature. "Sounds like one of those Project: Regeneration creatures from a couple of years back," Hawk commented, "Was not a fun hunt, let me tell you." But even though it wasn't fun for him, he did remember one thing he did to take out the creatures as he looked over at Hivemind, "You know, I just thought of this; If this creature is basically immortal and can recover from anything? Then Amber Rounds won't do any good and they'll probably adapt quickly to it...with your permission, I like to bring along some Acidic Rounds to use on the B.O.W. I bet you anything if I hit that thing with a direct hit to one of it's vital organs, it won't survive due to the acid residue, even if it regenerates."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Honestly, Jenny thought, I'm not really sure. She fired off another shot at a drone before taking a seat. Exhibition matches never seem to be worth the point to me, y'know? Had to fight for things when I were young so fightin' for fun seems odd. Trainin', sure. Learnin' what the opponent could do? One thing. Thumpin' them for sport? That's another. Plus, she grinned, I'm more of a distance fighter, yeah? Didn't get the codename 'Pistols' because I'm brilliant at thumpin' people, did I?
-------------------
"Elizabeth, eh," Corp grumped. "Liz for short. Figure I can remember that." He led the way up the stairs towards the exit, scanning for threats as he went. "So it's a snipe hunt," he muttered to Hive.
------------------
Hannabelle grinned. "With all, requisite, safeties in mind let us proceed." She grinned. "First to ten bullseyes buys lunch?"
-----------------
The ride finished with everyone wet and they got off. Jaken sniffed something and led the boys off, saying they had to try something he'd found on Earth called a Hot canid.
Jenevive sighed at the non stop activity. "Isuppose we'd better follow them," she said, following the trio to a stall where, still dripping, Golten and Jaken were watching a Human load up a bun. Corvis was reading the Cart.
"It's a Hot Dog, Mr Jaken," Corvis explained as the Human serving loaded up on Onions and American Mustard (Figured I'd better say which sort as English is somewhat different)
"Um," Jaken said, looking at Jenevive with 'pity me' eyes, "I've not got any money..."
She rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll pay!"
------------------
"If you ever want me to work with you, I'll do it, OK, Conall?" Cherry gave his head a scritch between the ears.
"An' ah'm no' offended, like, Sarah signed, thinking on how to get him back for that later.
-----------------
"Could be anything, Pred," Keeva remarked. "A sixth sense or instinct or even just that it looked pretty? Doesn't much matter what drew you and me here, just that it did. Would hardened Riot foam be useful, you think?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana chuckled, "Maybe you have asked, musta been all the drinking, right? But, no. No professional fighting arena's on the Rim. Underground fight rings sure, though I never partook." She paused for a moment and tilted her helmet. "Would professional, as friendly as possible, combat between mercenaries to the possible death count?" The way she spoke almost made it sound like she thought the two were in any way comparable.

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3998
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt's went quiet at Eira's words, and he stared blankly ahead. He stood silent for just long enough for the lycanthrope to wonder if she hadn't accidentally spoken some secret sleeper agent trigger phrase he had, before blurting out, "I HAVEN'T SHOWERED YET TODAY!!!!!" He made a mad dash for the entrance to the showers on the other side of the room, accidentally dropping the torn up remains of his shirt in the process.
--
I can certainly understand that. Quint said, before an amusing thought popped into his head. Although if you did participate, there is a non-zero chance you would have to fight Kolt, and I am curious if he'd sooner faint or forfeit.
--
Lewis let out a slight chuckle at the coincidental naming of their companion, but otherwise remained mostly silent.
--
Liz took her foot of the creature, but didn't change back, wanting to make sure the drones had it contained first. She was looking rather mad at the beast that hurt her teammate, but she seemed to be keeping it under control for now.
God, America sucks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3755
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:45 pm
Hawk listened as Hivemind explained the situation, entering the Sparrow and taking to mind everything Hivemind said about the creature. "Sounds like one of those Project: Regeneration creatures from a couple of years back," Hawk commented, "Was not a fun hunt, let me tell you." But even though it wasn't fun for him, he did remember one thing he did to take out the creatures as he looked over at Hivemind, "You know, I just thought of this; If this creature is basically immortal and can recover from anything? Then Amber Rounds won't do any good and they'll probably adapt quickly to it...with your permission, I like to bring along some Acidic Rounds to use on the B.O.W. I bet you anything if I hit that thing with a direct hit to one of it's vital organs, it won't survive due to the acid residue, even if it regenerates."
"These creatures adapt to anything that damages them. If something doesn't damage them, they won't adapt." Hivemind explained. "The amber rounds are designed to restrain a target without harming them. Because they don't cause any injury, they won't trigger the adaptation powers. Acid rounds do damage, and so the moment they start to regenerate the creatures will become immune to the acid as a part of their adaptive regeneration. You can try the acid rounds if you must, but the amber rounds are your best bet."

--------------------------------
Deske wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:06 pm
"Ah yeah, that is definitely an option," Denver said, following Sana over to the info booth. He reached down and typed in the word "Thylacine" to see what would come up.
The search returned with an old black and white photo of the strange, partly striped quadrupedal animal along with a description.

"Thylacine," also known as the Tasmanian tiger or Tasmanian wolf, was a previously extinct species of carnivorous marsupial native to Tasmania. They were believed to be extinct after the last known captive Thylacine passed away in 1936. Several specimens have since been regenerated from preserved tissue as well as extrapolated from the DNA of the Thylacine's closest living related species'. Currently, the only living Thylacine specimens reside in Archaedia, the wildlife preserve founded by the Cohen Brothers for the regeneration and preservation of formerly extinct species.

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 am
"Elizabeth, eh," Corp grumped. "Liz for short. Figure I can remember that." He led the way up the stairs towards the exit, scanning for threats as he went. "So it's a snipe hunt," he muttered to Hive.
"No, I just have to send a handful of droids down each known entrance to the bomb shelter once we have everything handled. Speaking of which, get those civilians clear quickly. I'm going to be dropping a load of amber missiles in the area and I don't want to glue them or the Ibis by mistake. Keep an eye out for stragglers even after I'm done here. If you're coming out the back, head around the building to your right. There's a small footpath and staircase that will lead up to where the Ibis is parked."

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 am
Hannabelle grinned. "With all, requisite, safeties in mind let us proceed." She grinned. "First to ten bullseyes buys lunch?"
"Yer on!" Gear laughed as he led the way into the shooting gallery. There were a handful of rental weapons on the shelves, including throwing knives, bows, even javelins. Gear looked around for a minute, then pulled down a belt of throwing tomahawks. He stepped into place in front of his target and waited for Hannabelle to get ready.

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 am
The ride finished with everyone wet and they got off. Jaken sniffed something and led the boys off, saying they had to try something he'd found on Earth called a Hot canid.
Jenevive sighed at the non stop activity. "Isuppose we'd better follow them," she said, following the trio to a stall where, still dripping, Golten and Jaken were watching a Human load up a bun. Corvis was reading the Cart.
"It's a Hot Dog, Mr Jaken," Corvis explained as the Human serving loaded up on Onions and American Mustard (Figured I'd better say which sort as English is somewhat different)
"Um," Jaken said, looking at Jenevive with 'pity me' eyes, "I've not got any money..."
She rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll pay!"
The Lycan already had his ID card out and was stepping up to the register. "Nonsense. I'm covering it. Get whatever you'd like. As for me, I think I'll go with a footlong bratwurst, a basket of fries, and a souvenir cup of cola."

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 am
"Could be anything, Pred," Keeva remarked. "A sixth sense or instinct or even just that it looked pretty? Doesn't much matter what drew you and me here, just that it did. Would hardened Riot foam be useful, you think?"
"From the sound of Hive's radio chatter, that might be what he's about to do." Predator said. "He is going to be hitting the bulk of these guys with a Hornet Missile carrying an Amber payload. That should clear up some of them and leave his droids open to deal with these guys." Predator gestured his head towards the creatures he has pinned under his shield.

--------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:49 pm
Tatiana chuckled, "Maybe you have asked, musta been all the drinking, right? But, no. No professional fighting arena's on the Rim. Underground fight rings sure, though I never partook." She paused for a moment and tilted her helmet. "Would professional, as friendly as possible, combat between mercenaries to the possible death count?" The way she spoke almost made it sound like she thought the two were in any way comparable.
"Uh... no. I don't think that it does..." Recon shook her head. "We have GOT to get you out and about more. Alright then. I'm going to take you to the arena! You can see what things are like there! We might even be able to catch one of the early afternoon fights!"

--------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:05 pm
Kolt's went quiet at Eira's words, and he stared blankly ahead. He stood silent for just long enough for the lycanthrope to wonder if she hadn't accidentally spoken some secret sleeper agent trigger phrase he had, before blurting out, "I HAVEN'T SHOWERED YET TODAY!!!!!" He made a mad dash for the entrance to the showers on the other side of the room, accidentally dropping the torn up remains of his shirt in the process.
Eira just stood their, blinking for a minute. "Well then." she managed to say. She shrugged, then headed off to the women's locker room and showers herself.

--------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:05 pm
Liz took her foot of the creature, but didn't change back, wanting to make sure the drones had it contained first. She was looking rather mad at the beast that hurt her teammate, but she seemed to be keeping it under control for now.
The moment the giant Varanian's foot moved, the flattened creature started to bounce back. It's body expanded back into the third dimension like rising dough. Before it had the chance to finish healing, however, Hivemind's droids formed a wall around it and raised their shields. Energy barriers formed around the shields and combined with each other until the creature was encapsulated in an impenetrable bubble. The creature finished regenerating and immediately threw itself at the shields, trying to break through. It couldn't, however, and because the shields didn't do any damage to the creature, the creature could not adapt to beat them.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:31 pm
"These creatures adapt to anything that damages them. If something doesn't damage them, they won't adapt." Hivemind explained. "The amber rounds are designed to restrain a target without harming them. Because they don't cause any injury, they won't trigger the adaptation powers. Acid rounds do damage, and so the moment they start to regenerate the creatures will become immune to the acid as a part of their adaptive regeneration. You can try the acid rounds if you must, but the amber rounds are your best bet."
Hawk nodded, quickly running and grabbing a few Acid rounds, along with a few extra items, from the nearby armory before hopping back onto the ship. "Look I know you probably know what you're doing but in this case, dealing with something that can adapt and regenerate? They will adapt to the Amber Rounds very quickly, making the rounds useless." he replied while doing a final check of his gear, signaling to the pilot that he's ready, "I know you have no reason to but trust me; I know what I'm talking about in this case!"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12308
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny chuckled at the thought of catching a (slightly more buff than reality) Kolt in her arms as he passed out. Does bear thinking about, doesn't it, she asked Quint before checking over the readings on the repaired computer. She arranged for the results to be sent to her home computer. Now, she continued, I need to go check on those I failed. Then, she added more brightly, spicy food!
------------------------
"You're doing well, Liz," Corp reassured the Celican scientist as he led the way up. He was checking every way off the stairwell carefully. "Is your nose good enough to warn against any new scents you pick up?" He had them close to the emergency exit now and checked it for anything unpleasant. The owners clearly weren't too keen on their employees getting out. He'd only push the door open if clear. "Follow me when we get out. Those things are wandering around this city. The local group's distracted so we have an evac vehicle."
-----------------------
Hannabelle checked over the weapons. "Hmm," she muttered. "One practice go with each to check calibration and weight?" She ran a hand over the common bow.
----------------------
The Quad got their orders in, Corvis translating for his mum and brother as they loaded up on 'dogs', 'fries', salsa and soda (Lemonade, Cola and Orange). And something crunchy called Nachos that Jaken crumbled atop his 'dog'.
--------------------
Keeva chuckled. "Protecting the universe from them," she said, "by protecting them from the universe. I have to hope most days are this unusual, Pred.".
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5333
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:31 pm
Hivemind shrugged as the creature stumbled. "I wouldn't say he's out of touch. Just that he's idealistic and naïve enough to think one individual can make a difference."
Retracting her rifle's barrel and slinging it back onto her back, she gives the hive drone an odd look, finding him oddly talkative for a halcyon model. less clipped 'speak-and-spell' sounding fragments like she was expecting, more actual statements... a custom vocalizer maybe? "Six of one, half a dozen of the other." she grumbles as she starts looking for a stairwell down to ground level.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.

User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4294
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

Colorado chuckles at Conall's reaction to having an English accent, catching the meaning for the most part.
------
Chris pulled his way up into the pilots seat and strapped himself in, "I read on a sign we passed that there's a market area on our way. I haven't cooked in a while, but I'd like to see what kind of produce they're offering."
------
"Ah, not here, that's a shame. I'm sure I'll make the trip one of these days, maybe explore the world and see how different it is or something," Denver said with a shrug. "Anyway anyway, kangaroos!" he said excitedly gesturing at the road sign pointing into the Australia section.

Post Reply