Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp looked around at the others headed to the ship and calmly decided the fight didn't need to be had. "I'm a soldier and a Security Officer, not a murderer," he intoned, more to the creature than to Hive. "I don't kill trapped targets." He walked backwards towards the ship, watching the creature and staying ready to fight if needs be. "If you two want to join us," he called to the other fighters, "you're more than welcome!"
-------------------------
"Mind if I wait," Jenny asked.
-------------------------
"I'll bet there's some take it a lot more seriously than others, though," Jenevive asked whilst Corvis bit into his dog and 'accidentally' squirted his brother's chest with Mustard.
------------------------
"Hmm," Hannabelle pretended to muse, "not sure I can beat that with a throwing star. Think I should offer to sign that old rifle," she asked miscievously.
------------------------
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"I mean, we're not entirely focused on heroics. It's just, when approximately every one in a hundred people has some kind of super power, that sorta shenanigan's tends to follow." Kolt said, following Eira to the portals. "Like, only 13% of people with powers on Concertia become a Cape, with the rest just using their powers for everyday mundanity. Most of them go to work in the film industry, since almost any super power has a use there."
--
Despite Lewis' head start, he and his mom arrived at the ships at about the same time, dropping off their loads and heading back towards the office to continue the fight. Lewis went towards Corp and the frozen beast near him, while Liz went for the one Shaska and Hawk were dealing with.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:31 pm Thankfully, Hawk's OtherSide was a bit faster then the creature, easily catching up to it as it dove towards Shaska. As a growl emerged from the depths of it's body, the OtherSide lunged towards the creature and dug its claws into it's sides as they landed a foot away from Shaska. Quickly remembering it wasn't what it and Hawk dealt with in the past in regards to it's regenerative powers, it instead held the creature there and turned it's attention to Shaska, telling her, "If you have the means, immobilize this beastie now!"
Hawk would find that the creature was surprisingly strong for having such thin, spindly, spider-like limbs. It pulled against Hawk with no regard for it's own wellbeing. It tore itself out of Hawk's grip, causing deep gashes in it's sides that immediately healed. Thick shell-like plates grew on the creature's flanks.

The monster spun to face Hawk and shrieked as it took a wild, clawed swing at the metal wolf's throat.

------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:32 pm Tatiana seemed to stall momentarily before turning to Recon. "Lycan is the mellow one???" This piece of info appeared to disconcert the poor liquiform. "She scares me all the more now, not helped by me probably being mostly a liquid Eira could control."

She tilted her head slightly at Recon's question. "Me. I'm a Nephilim. There's lots of us. A few of us." She shrugged lightly with her hands at should level. "I'll try to keep it short. Basically, powerful dudes on the Rim, a long time ago said, 'Man, the corporations banding together would be bad,' so they created a group not group to sorta put pressure on the corps without just becoming another corp at risk of corruption. We're mercs, shadowy people, lotsa things. Rarely talk unless something super important happens to put the Rim's general populace at risk, and mostly keep each other in check. Nephilim are feared and respected, even by the corps so they rarely double cross 'em out of fear of making a powerful foe with no reason to hold back, or worse, bring all the Nephilim together."

She placed a hand on her helmet's chin, as the various information filtered through her mind. "Nephilim aren't necessarily the strongest, but are generally more dangerous, whether by unique tricks, hard to beat, too intelligent, they excel in one place beyond all others. This is maintained very simply. The only way to become a Nephilim, is to explicitly challenge and kill a Nephilim in a duel. Taking their place and burdens."

She then crossed her arms as her eye lights mad a somewhat pouty expression on her helmet, creating an odd look of this intimidating shell in a duster jacket appearing so childish. "And we haven't even had a meeting since I became one! They acknowledge me and everything, but no super secret meeting! Contacted me once, something important they said, then cancelled because it was a false alarm."
"I see. So they're sort of a loosely organized super group then?" Recon asked as the line moved forward. "There's actually a bunch of different super groups. The Beacon's just the best equipped, and the one that's most widely seen as traditionally 'heroic.'"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:32 am Corp looked around at the others headed to the ship and calmly decided the fight didn't need to be had. "I'm a soldier and a Security Officer, not a murderer," he intoned, more to the creature than to Hive. "I don't kill trapped targets." He walked backwards towards the ship, watching the creature and staying ready to fight if needs be. "If you two want to join us," he called to the other fighters, "you're more than welcome!"
"You wouldn't be able to kill them anyway, Corp." Hivemind reminded the mouse. "These things regenerate. I've been studying them. It seems they will not die through conventional damage."
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:41 pm Despite Lewis' head start, he and his mom arrived at the ships at about the same time, dropping off their loads and heading back towards the office to continue the fight. Lewis went towards Corp and the frozen beast near him, while Liz went for the one Shaska and Hawk were dealing with.
Once the civilians were on board the Ibis and Sal-Hleel was aboard the Sparrow, both ships took off on an express route to the Beacon of Hope. They cut through the sky and vanished into the clouds, the Sparrow leading the way by an increasing margin.

Back on the ground, one of the Hive droids approached the office building. "Corp, Lewis, only one of them left. Go with Liz. Help Hawk and Shaska restrain the straggler. Then after that, regroup on me."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:32 am "Mind if I wait," Jenny asked.
"I would advise against it. They will need to rest once the surgery is over. You may be waiting for quite some time." the nurse said. "However, if you provide me with your contact information, I can ask them if they would be willing to see you once they are in fit condition to have visitors. If they are willing, I can give you a call."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:32 am "I'll bet there's some take it a lot more seriously than others, though," Jenevive asked whilst Corvis bit into his dog and 'accidentally' squirted his brother's chest with Mustard.
"Yeah. Some do it professionally as their main job." The Lycan nodded. "The Mountain, for example, is a professional fighter in the arena. He's the champion in the professional league. Nice guy, real honorable, but brutal in the close quarters ring. So far, only Eira's actually beaten him."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:32 am "Hmm," Hannabelle pretended to muse, "not sure I can beat that with a throwing star. Think I should offer to sign that old rifle," she asked miscievously.
"I think I'd like that." Gear smiled. He reached an arm around Hannabelle and hugged her, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Shall we swap weapons, or move on to other things?" he asked.

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:41 pm "I mean, we're not entirely focused on heroics. It's just, when approximately every one in a hundred people has some kind of super power, that sorta shenanigan's tends to follow." Kolt said, following Eira to the portals. "Like, only 13% of people with powers on Concertia become a Cape, with the rest just using their powers for everyday mundanity. Most of them go to work in the film industry, since almost any super power has a use there."
Eira typed in the code for the marketplace and opened the door. "Yeah, that's not unusual here either. In fact, my Dad used to do indie horror movies. Though I think you already knew that. Heard he put you guys through a recreation of a couple of his old sets as a part of training."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:24 pm Hawk would find that the creature was surprisingly strong for having such thin, spindly, spider-like limbs. It pulled against Hawk with no regard for it's own wellbeing. It tore itself out of Hawk's grip, causing deep gashes in it's sides that immediately healed. Thick shell-like plates grew on the creature's flanks.

The monster spun to face Hawk and shrieked as it took a wild, clawed swing at the metal wolf's throat.
The beast's claw connected with the being's throat, swiftly swiping through it like a hot knife through butter and leaving a very nasty looking open wound as The Other Side feigned a gasp from the strike. Normally a death blow for anyone, The Other Side simply grinned as it's throat repaired itself instantly, leaving no trace that it was even open. The Other Side looked at the monster, "We can regenerate, too," it grinned as it swiped back at the monster, it's own massive claw going for the creature's chest. It would then follow this up with another swipe from it's other claw, which held an Amber Round it formed that, if the Other Side timed it correctly, would enter the beast's wound and encase the creature's heart.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

"Eh..." Tatiana said, making a 'so-so' motion with her hand as the line moved. "I wouldn't call us a super group. It's more like an understanding? A shoestring balance between volatile individuals to keep The Rim's spinning plates from falling? One part merc group, one part secret society and two parts paranoid works better. I'm not too sure what the rest of the Nephilim would think of Beacon. They'd probably label this place a floating corporation whose business is in pretty PR mercenary work. Hive would definitely be too much like Lazarus for their taste at least."

Tatiana was silent for a moment as she tilted her helmet back and forth. "Hmm, any interesting matches you think could happen? Besides Eira's?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Corp said, headed after Liz as he looked up at the situation. "You ARE, of course, aware they're on top of a building?" He had a feeling things would be done by the time he got up there. He also had the feeling he was getting too old to be continually running up flights of stairs in battle armour. Still, he'd do it until he couldn't.
---------------
"Of course," Jenny said, "of course." She gave over her details and headed back out. Now, she thought, trying not to feel too guilty, with the proviso of large, diet, soda, I remember you wanted to try spiced foods?
--------------
In revenge, Golten threw a piece of Onion with red fruit sauce on it at his brother's head after Jaken told him it was better not to damage the shirt.
"I have the feeling I have at least one who'll join in when they're old enough," Jenevive replied tiredly as she removed the Onion from her youngest. "All they do is fight."
-------------
"Probably best to move on," Hannabelle said, putting her arm around Gear's back and leaning her head against his. She found herself sort of wishing he was Jenevive's father but pushed that thought away. For now.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Shamelessly pulls a plasma pistol from a hip holster and shoots the thing in the back of the head while its distracted,no hesitation to pull the trigger on what would be a kill-shot to most, since she cant have her fun with it. Sauntering over to retrieve and unlock her rifle.

It might not kill it but loosing most of its skull and brain will probably stall it long enough for her to retrieve the larger and more versatile weapon.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Yeah, not my favorite training exercise. I can appreciate puzzle solving and teaching us situational awareness, but the whole thing reeked of a man trying to relive days gone by.” Kolt said as he stepped into the marketplace. Looking around, he took in the various sights and design aesthetics, before looking back at Eira. “I am still rather unfamiliar with alien design and naming conventions, would you mind pointing out which one of these might be a clothing store?

Indeed. It is a pleasure I do not get to experience often. Thank you for allowing me to indulge.

“Fortunately, I’m pretty sure my lines will be enough to get us up there.” Lewis said, before stepping in front of Corp. “Grab on tight.”

Liz ran towards the building and leapt onto the side, her claws digging in as she climbed up until she reached Shaska and the others. “Need a hand?” She said as she climbed over the edge of the roof.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Blah, there's a bunch of aliens and different types of people here. We'd just have to change your ID to match your new height. It'd totally work," Denver said. "Come to think of it though, I wonder if that's ever worked outside of movies."
------
"Just let me know if you see anything interesting," Chris said, heading into the store. "Not too worried about the cost. Never been strapped for cash and today's all the same."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:57 am "Prove it," Sarah grins, putting her free arm around Cailean's shoulders.
"Means you're lucky in some ways, Conall," Cherry said, making sure he could see her mouth. "You have extra reasons not to go to political debates!"
"Okay then. It shouldnae be tae difficult tae find a mind reader around here." Cailean answers Sarah, leaning into the hug.

Conall giggles at Sarah's comment as he leads the group into the house.
"Ah've better things tae dae than listen tae politicians squabble anywye. Ah like tae talk wi' intelligent people." he replies, then pokes Cailean's arm to remind his brother to interpret for him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:11 pm
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:24 pm Hawk would find that the creature was surprisingly strong for having such thin, spindly, spider-like limbs. It pulled against Hawk with no regard for it's own wellbeing. It tore itself out of Hawk's grip, causing deep gashes in it's sides that immediately healed. Thick shell-like plates grew on the creature's flanks.

The beast's claw connected with the being's throat, swiftly swiping through it like a hot knife through butter and leaving a very nasty looking open wound as The Other Side feigned a gasp from the strike. Normally a death blow for anyone, The Other Side simply grinned as it's throat repaired itself instantly, leaving no trace that it was even open. The Other Side looked at the monster, "We can regenerate, too," it grinned as it swiped back at the monster, it's own massive claw going for the creature's chest. It would then follow this up with another swipe from it's other claw, which held an Amber Round it formed that, if the Other Side timed it correctly, would enter the beast's wound and encase the creature's heart.
The creature didn't seem phased by the theatrics and was going in for another swipe when the Other Side inserted the Amber Round. The creature seized up, freezing in place while making odd choked, gasping sounds. It fell to it's knees, scratching at it's own chest though it couldn't get past the shell that had grown there. Finally, it collapsed onto the ground and lay still.
Buster wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:54 pm Shamelessly pulls a plasma pistol from a hip holster and shoots the thing in the back of the head while its distracted,no hesitation to pull the trigger on what would be a kill-shot to most, since she cant have her fun with it. Sauntering over to retrieve and unlock her rifle.

It might not kill it but loosing most of its skull and brain will probably stall it long enough for her to retrieve the larger and more versatile weapon.
The shot hit the prone monster and did the damage Shaska was expecting. Though with a frozen heart, there was somewhat less of a mess afterwards.
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:53 pm Liz ran towards the building and leapt onto the side, her claws digging in as she climbed up until she reached Shaska and the others. “Need a hand?” She said as she climbed over the edge of the roof.
The creature lay on the ground, completely still. It seemed for a minute that it was actually dead, considering the hole in it's head still hadn't healed. Then, the slow trickle of hemoglobin from the wound spurted a yellowish, reddish liquid substance onto the ground, and the wound started to heal. The creature's hands twitched, and it growled as it tried to push itself to it's feet. Meanwhile, the... leakage... from the wound that had covered the ground started to bubble and fizz, rapidly dissolving the concrete ceiling.

In response to the internal damage the amber was causing, the creature's body adapted. It's bodily fluids became intensely acidic.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:38 pm "Eh..." Tatiana said, making a 'so-so' motion with her hand as the line moved. "I wouldn't call us a super group. It's more like an understanding? A shoestring balance between volatile individuals to keep The Rim's spinning plates from falling? One part merc group, one part secret society and two parts paranoid works better. I'm not too sure what the rest of the Nephilim would think of Beacon. They'd probably label this place a floating corporation whose business is in pretty PR mercenary work. Hive would definitely be too much like Lazarus for their taste at least."

Tatiana was silent for a moment as she tilted her helmet back and forth. "Hmm, any interesting matches you think could happen? Besides Eira's?"
"A couple. The Mountain's always interesting to watch. You'd look at him and think he's just another overly massive brick, but he's actually really clever. He knows a surprising number of fighting styles and can switch between them in a heartbeat." Recon said. "There's 'The Nameless,' a Varanian fighter who can take a ton of punishment. His fights tend to last a long time since he tries to outlast opponents. 'The Spartan' sometimes fights here, but I don't know if he's even on the Beacon today..." she listed.

"There'll be plenty of entertainment here. All of the fighters are pretty good. But I have a question... Who or what exactly is 'Lazarus?'

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:14 am "Right," Corp said, headed after Liz as he looked up at the situation. "You ARE, of course, aware they're on top of a building?" He had a feeling things would be done by the time he got up there. He also had the feeling he was getting too old to be continually running up flights of stairs in battle armour. Still, he'd do it until he couldn't.
"Mobility boosters come standard issue with Champion armor. If you need help finding the controls and settings on your HUD, I can assist. In the meantime, Lewis can use his lines to get you up there."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:14 am In revenge, Golten threw a piece of Onion with red fruit sauce on it at his brother's head after Jaken told him it was better not to damage the shirt.
"I have the feeling I have at least one who'll join in when they're old enough," Jenevive replied tiredly as she removed the Onion from her youngest. "All they do is fight."
Randy chuckled and was about to respond when his attention was drawn to something else. "Lieutenant Nocturl? What's he doing here?"

The Lycan's eyes were focused on someone who looked to be a pale silver husky standing in front of a sign for the "Haunted Funhouse" grand opening in the park.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:14 am "Probably best to move on," Hannabelle said, putting her arm around Gear's back and leaning her head against his. She found herself sort of wishing he was Jenevive's father but pushed that thought away. For now.
Gear smiled and hummed at the feeling of closeness and the softness of Hannabelle's fur against the still human side of his face. He thought about her for a moment before reluctantly thinking forward, trying to think of what the two of them should do together next. Then, he grinned as a thought hit him. "I know of a laser tag arena tha's only a portal door away. What say you an' I show the 'whippersnappers' how that game's really played?"

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:53 pm ”Yeah, not my favorite training exercise. I can appreciate puzzle solving and teaching us situational awareness, but the whole thing reeked of a man trying to relive days gone by.” Kolt said as he stepped into the marketplace. Looking around, he took in the various sights and design aesthetics, before looking back at Eira. “I am still rather unfamiliar with alien design and naming conventions, would you mind pointing out which one of these might be a clothing store?
"Typically human run clothing stores will have mannequins wearing the clothes in the window." Eira commented. "And I'm going to have to disagree with you about my Dad's methods. He's not a direct fighter like Mom and me. He doesn't have the raw power for that kind of thing. Instead, he fights using psychological tactics, traps, ambushes, and stealth. If he's got time to prepare before bad guys get there, he'll turn anyplace into a house of horrors. So it's less he's trying to 'relive the glory days' and more that his experience in special effects comes in handy when breaking down the moral of opponents."

Deske wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:53 pm "Just let me know if you see anything interesting," Chris said, heading into the store. "Not too worried about the cost. Never been strapped for cash and today's all the same."
"Indeed, though I would be happy to help pay." MT commented. "Hivemind provided me with my own financial account, and with the payout from yesterday I could purchase my own small ship or any number of upgrades."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Shaska proceeds to disintegrate the rest of the head, then ice over the stump with a few cryo rounds to slow it growing back. "That should keep it down for a while... and probably give it a plasma resistant skull after it gets back up, but too late to prevent that." She grumbles, puting a cryo round into the acid in the hopes of neutralizing it before it can do too much damage. the bots still need to be able to clean this mess up. holstering her pistol back into the pouch on her hip and slinging the rifle back onto her back after. Glancing over at the landing craft everyone else is being loaded onto, then back to the canine and the newly arrived human/reptilian. "Time to fade, leave this thing for the clean up crew?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed in interest at the fighters Recon listed, at least until she asked about Lazarus. Her Shell seemed to tense at the prospect of describing the man, her eye lights shining a dark blue hue. "Lazarus- Lazarus is... Lazarus is." She fidgeted slightly before continuing, "To, uh, not ramble. Laz is the biggest of the corporate heads. Heads Laz Corp, naturally. He's also said to be the oldest living thing in the Rim, if not ever. He's also incredibly smart. I'm, uh, probably too dumb to guesstimate properly, but he's easily around Hive's level of intelligence. But, more laid back? Probably because he can afford to be." She paused, looking like she was torn if she should continue before doing so, "Everyone I've talked to is split on what his power is, immortality, regeneration. I think I know what it is though. Permanence." She spoke, almost uncomfortably, but with certainty.

She almost seemed like she was going to continue, but instead said, "Lots of 'The's in that lineup. Nameless guy sounds cool." Despite bouncing back a topic her eye lights remained the same dark blue.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

The OtherSide breathed a small sigh of relief before returning form back to Hawk who crouched down to get a better look at the beast. "Think you're a bit too late there," Hawk replied while continuing to look over the fallen creature before standing up, "I don't think we met. Name's Hawk. Hawk Redsky..."
CyberDragon wrote: The creature lay on the ground, completely still. It seemed for a minute that it was actually dead, considering the hole in it's head still hadn't healed. Then, the slow trickle of hemoglobin from the wound spurted a yellowish, reddish liquid substance onto the ground, and the wound started to heal. The creature's hands twitched, and it growled as it tried to push itself to it's feet. Meanwhile, the... leakage... from the wound that had covered the ground started to bubble and fizz, rapidly dissolving the concrete ceiling.

In response to the internal damage the amber was causing, the creature's body adapted. It's bodily fluids became intensely acidic.
Buster wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:34 pm Shaska proceeds to disintegrate the rest of the head, then ice over the stump with a few cryo rounds to slow it growing back. "That should keep it down for a while... and probably give it a plasma resistant skull after it gets back up, but too late to prevent that." She grumbles, puting a cryo round into the acid in the hopes of neutralizing it before it can do too much damage. the bots still need to be able to clean this mess up. holstering her pistol back into the pouch on her hip and slinging the rifle back onto her back after. Glancing over at the landing craft everyone else is being loaded onto, then back to the canine and the newly arrived human/reptilian. "Time to fade, leave this thing for the clean up crew?"
"You sure that's a good idea, what you just did...Seeing that it can regenerate and adapt?" Hawk asked Shaska, "What Anubis...I mean my OtherSide did was risky enough, what makes you think your little act there won't backfire?" He looked back down at the beast, giving it a small kick to the side with his boot. "Honestly, outside of myself, I never seen anything that could regenerate like this ugly thing."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp couldn't help but grimace at what Lewis was about to do. He put his psionic blades back on by chanelling his feelings. "I'm probably not going to like this much, you know," he told Lewis.
---------------
Jenny laughed as she found an antacid tablet in one of her pouches and got it ready for eventualities as she headed for a burger restaurant. What do you reckon, she asked, An N'Duja burger with Cajun Fries? And a soda.
---------------
"Huh," Jenevive said, "someone who can take you by surprise?"
"He looks a bit... odd," Golten said, wondering why he didn't quite feel like he could trust his eyes.
Corvis being Corvis, he just decided to wander over, handpaws behind his back. "Hello, Mr Lieutenant," he said, blaming the onions for the inability to smell Nocturl.
---------------
"Sounds fair," Hannabelle grinned. "Of course, if they're kids, we could 'accidentally' let them win once... But not twice."
---------------
Sarah quickly checked the room over before the others came in, letting the boys into the living room before quickly checking their bedrooms and the bathroom. "All seemin' fine," she told them.
--------------
Cherry watched Cherry go about her business and mused that was probably what a guard had to do anyhow. She tapped Connal on the muzzle. "See you guys later, eh?" Her tail looped over Colorado's.
--------------
"Did it ever work IN movies," Sana asked, wondering if she could direct Denver by twiddling his ears. She decided not to check. "What are the other you's thinking now," she asked, trying not to laugh.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Oh no, really? what ever shal we do?" She asks in a sarcastic mock worried tone, bringing her hands up to her chin, and probably making a concerned expression, though that last part is impossible to tell thanks to her respirator covering most of her face. she almost immediately drops the act her tone going flat. "It has no head, and unless the regeneration creates enough pressure to break the ice, which shouldnt be possible, it'll be stuck like that until it melts, Red." Waving him off dismissively, and turning to the ledge of the roof, looking over it, judging whether she can make the drop or not.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:42 am
Sarah quickly checked the room over before the others came in, letting the boys into the living room before quickly checking their bedrooms and the bathroom. "All seemin' fine," she told them.
--------------
Cherry watched Cherry go about her business and mused that was probably what a guard had to do anyhow. She tapped Connal on the muzzle. "See you guys later, eh?" Her tail looped over Colorado's.
"We'll be right back. We're just gonnae drop our stuff an' run if ye still want tae come wi' us tae trainin'." Conall signs to the doctor, hoping he'll interpret for the rat since Cailean has already followed the guard inside.

"Ye ken, Sarah," the younger Lamont says, stepping aside to allow his brother to pass in the hallway.
"Ah cannae help but wonder what would happen if somethin' happened tae us while we waited on the doorstop fer ye tae clear th' hoose."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:55 pm "Oh no, really? what ever shal we do?" She asks in a sarcastic mock worried tone, bringing her hands up to her chin, and probably making a concerned expression, though that last part is impossible to tell thanks to her respirator covering most of her face. she almost immediately drops the act her tone going flat. "It has no head, and unless the regeneration creates enough pressure to break the ice, which shouldnt be possible, it'll be stuck like that until it melts, Red." Waving him off dismissively, and turning to the ledge of the roof, looking over it, judging whether she can make the drop or not.
Her tone didn't do much with putting confidence in Hawk, sighing at her response. "You know, I worked with someone, another hunter, who had the same reaction to something like you just had. They ended up getting themselves killed not too long after they spoke, so forgive me if my trust in you is non-existent," he began in an unamused tone before pointing at the headless beast, "If this was strong enough to survive aand regenerate from a .500 round, then I'm pretty sure it can break the ice with no issues. But, if you want to leave, go ahead. I'm staying until I'm sure this beast won't be a bother to anyone."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:51 amHer tone didn't do much with putting confidence in Hawk, sighing at her response. "You know, I worked with someone, another hunter, who had the same reaction to something like you just had. They ended up getting themselves killed not too long after they spoke, so forgive me if my trust in you is non-existent,"
"Eh, trust is overrated anyway. Only thing in this universe you can trust in is Death, and even shes not that reliable in my books." Reaching a hand up she pulls her collar down slightly revealing an old scar that goes all the way around her neck. "Can't asphyxiate, can't bleed out, tissue heals faster than necrosis sets in. Hell only the worst wounds even scar. Dont wory about me, i'd say wory about yourself, but you seem to have a similar curse."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:29 pm "Eh, trust is overrated anyway. Only thing in this universe you can trust in is Death, and even shes not that reliable in my books." Reaching a hand up she pulls her collar down slightly revealing an old scar that goes all the way around her neck. "Can't asphyxiate, can't bleed out, tissue heals faster than necrosis sets in. Hell only the worst wounds even scar. Dont wory about me, i'd say wory about yourself, but you seem to have a similar curse."
Hawk looked at Shaska, "Curse?" his tone lowered while his OtherSide reminded him not to do anything or say anything he'll regret later (especially in regards to earlier), "You think this is a 'curse'? I've been alive since before you were even created. I've had more damage inflicted on me then anyone should have, it's not even funny. My scars have scars. But you know something? If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't even be here. Heck, I would've been dead after the first bounty I took went astray. You call it a curse, yet you know nothing of curses until you've been mentally screwed with by a demon from another dimension, making you think the absolute worst things imaginable," As he spoke, he stepped over the body of the creature and walked right up to Shaska, looking her dead in her eyes, "I don't care who you think you are and seeing as I don't trust you right now...we both are going to stay here until the creature is rightfully dead. Do I make myself clear?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Fair enough. Just felt kinda tedious and cliche.” Kolt said, as he walked through the mall and looked around the various stories, trying to find a store that sold the kinda clothing he was looking for. He saw restaurants, jewelry stores, a game shop or two, and what looked to be a few Hivemind drones moving to separate two spiky haired humans fighting each other with giant glow sticks outside a fast food joint, before something eventually caught his eye. “I like the look of that one.” He stated, pointing to a store that looked like it was trying to appeal to edgy teens from 2006.

Do not forget the extra supernova sauce. Quint responded, a faint gleam of anticipation in his voice. ”I will not settle for merely “somewhat spicy.” I wish to, to use a phrase I overheard earlier this week, feel the heat.”

“All right, as much as I’d love to listen to you two edgelords compare scars and tragic backstories, I’m going to side with the raptor ferret here.” Liz said, having been up there less than a minute and clearly already tired of this. “These things adapt by healing of wounds, and I doubt any of us have the ability to wipe them out on a cellular level, so our best bet is pinning it down for Hivemind to capture them, so he can deal with all of them on the ship. I don’t know if the ice will be enough, so keep your eyes on it.”

Once Corp had a hold on him, Lewis used his lines to propel them to the top of the building, bracing for impact when he got there.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:28 pm"My scars have scars."
She interupts at this point with, "Huh... Maybe you do have something worth looking at, for a humanoid, then." the way she emphasized certain words it implying she normally thinks most humanoids are unappealing. the cheery, if paradoxically flippant, tone shes had through out still present regardless though. Of course, then she starts rolling her eyes and snickering at the rest of the tirade.
SeanWolf wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:28 pm"You call it a curse, yet you know nothing of curses until you've been mentally screwed with by a demon from another dimension, making you think the absolute worst things imaginable,"
Commenting to herself under her breath about missing the point, while trying to keep her face straight amused that he's complaining about things a fellow kurii would be bragging about. not that you can clearly see her face, but you can practically hear the grin. So there's not a hint of sarcasm or facetiousness when she says, "Sounds fun, you should invite me along next time."

When liz speaks up, she mumbles, "The only tragedy was not getting to be a proper trophy, was looking forward to that..." Before making an indignant huff at being called a ferret. "Kurii. Not ferret." she corrects with a bit of a growl.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:32 am Huh... Maybe you do have something worth looking at, for a humanoid, then."[/color] the way she emphasized certain words it implying she normally thinks most humanoids are unappealing. the cheery, if paradoxically flippant, tone shes had through out still present regardless though. Of course, then she starts rolling her eyes and snickering at the rest of the tirade.

When liz speaks up, she mumbles, "The only tragedy was not getting to be a proper trophy, was looking forward to that..." Before making an indignant huff at being called a ferret. "Kurii. Not ferret." she corrects with a bit of a growl.
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:59 pm “All right, as much as I’d love to listen to you two edgelords compare scars and tragic backstories, I’m going to side with the raptor ferret here.” Liz said, having been up there less than a minute and clearly already tired of this. “These things adapt by healing of wounds, and I doubt any of us have the ability to wipe them out on a cellular level, so our best bet is pinning it down for Hivemind to capture them, so he can deal with all of them on the ship. I don’t know if the ice will be enough, so keep your eyes on it.”
"Hawk, I think you dragged that out far enough," his OtherSide quipped to him. While he meant well, Hawk did realize he did say a bit too much and should've ended his little spiel a few sentences earlier. Clearing his throat, he turned to look at Liz as she mentioned about pinning the beast down then at the creature itself. He began thinking that there might actually be a way to kill it without wounding it and causing it to adapt and/or regenerate. "Well, it's a shot in the dark but I do have an idea," he then said to Liz, "Seeing that this thing adapts to actual damages (projectile wounds, scratches, what have you)...why not just find a way to asphyxiate it? I've done it to past bounties of mine and it doesn't leave any wounds or anything; you're just preventing air from reaching their lungs. Amber Rounds might be a safer bet but you could also just head-lock the thing." Truth be told, even Hawk had no idea if this would work as he had never seen a creature that could regenerate similar to him on some level.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Well for the most part they're deciding on what to eat, though there are thoughts floating around about if they could pull it off too," he says with a laugh. "I think we're here," he says as they round a bend to an exhibit. Eyebrows raised in surprise as he takes a good look at the pen, "This is actually a lot more expansive than I would've thought."
------
Colorado was swiftly pulled back to reality from the geography 'research' he'd been doing in his phone as Seena's tail swept across his face. "Ah yeah, we'll probably catch you all later."
------
"That's pretty nice. What're you thinking of doing with your pay? Decorating? Knick knacks?" He reached up onto a shelf and pulled off an item that looked suspiciously like bread but was labeled in yet another language he couldn't read, though it did have a small translation under it that said "bread" complete with quotation marks.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Shaska, Hawk, and Liz, Lewis, and Corp wrote: <Arguing about scars and apparently forgetting about the regenerating creature on the ground for a bit before Liz brings things back to focus>
"Hawk, Liz, while you and the Kurii stand there, I've been scanning the creature." Hivemind said across Champion comms. "It's core body temperature has increased by fifty degrees Celsius and I am detecting a secondary central neural cluster in it's lower spine that could function as a backup brain. I suggest you all stop trying to find clever ways to kill the thing and find a new way to restrain it now that it's adapted to the amber."

Sure enough, the ice on the creature's neck was melting far faster than it should as the creature's body practically glowed with heat. It's hands twitched, then balled up into fists as the headless monster pushed itself to its feet. It swung blindly around, missing at first. Finally, it reached up, gripped the hunk of ice where it's head should be, and tore it off. Acid sprayed in all directions from the stump like a fountain, burning and sizzling against any surface it touched.

---------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:19 pm Tatiana hummed in interest at the fighters Recon listed, at least until she asked about Lazarus. Her Shell seemed to tense at the prospect of describing the man, her eye lights shining a dark blue hue. "Lazarus- Lazarus is... Lazarus is." She fidgeted slightly before continuing, "To, uh, not ramble. Laz is the biggest of the corporate heads. Heads Laz Corp, naturally. He's also said to be the oldest living thing in the Rim, if not ever. He's also incredibly smart. I'm, uh, probably too dumb to guesstimate properly, but he's easily around Hive's level of intelligence. But, more laid back? Probably because he can afford to be." She paused, looking like she was torn if she should continue before doing so, "Everyone I've talked to is split on what his power is, immortality, regeneration. I think I know what it is though. Permanence." She spoke, almost uncomfortably, but with certainty.

She almost seemed like she was going to continue, but instead said, "Lots of 'The's in that lineup. Nameless guy sounds cool." Despite bouncing back a topic her eye lights remained the same dark blue.
"He's not bad. Close range fighter, heavily defense focused... Kind of low self-esteem though. Ah..." Recon pointed to the line which was getting closer to the ticket booths. "Line's moving. Let's go!"

In a minute, Recon and Tatiana were inside. Recon had purchased tickets for the next fight, which was apparently Wyvern vs Kite. The Dragon vs The Knight.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:42 am "Huh," Jenevive said, "someone who can take you by surprise?"
"He looks a bit... odd," Golten said, wondering why he didn't quite feel like he could trust his eyes.
Corvis being Corvis, he just decided to wander over, handpaws behind his back. "Hello, Mr Lieutenant," he said, blaming the onions for the inability to smell Nocturl.
Nocturl turned around without even moving his legs as though pivoting on some kind of axis. He looked down at Corvis. Nocturl's eyes were milky white, cold, and devoid of life. It was a stark contrast to the bright grin on his face. "Well, hello. Do I know you?" The husky looked up and saw The Lycan. He walked forward slightly towards the table, though the perceptive might notice the walking movements he was making did not quite match up with how fast he was moving, like a badly animated NPC in a video game. "Mr. Steele, right?" he said pleasantly. He had an air of... fun... about him. It was as though his sense of humor was starting to take on an aura of it's own.

"Yeah, that's me. I was wondering what you were doing here?" Randy asked.

"Bleh. I was getting sooo boooored." Nocturl rolled his eyes. He rolled them so hard they quite literally rolled deeper into his head leaving empty holes where they used to be. He plugged his nose, puffed his cheeks as though blowing into them, and his eyes popped back into their sockets. He grinned broadly and looked around to see what reaction that got.

"Really, Nocturl?" Randy shook his head, biting back laughter.

Nocturl laughed. "Messing with my brother was starting to lose it's fun, so I figured I'd try applying for a job at the haunted house opening up here."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:42 am "Sounds fair," Hannabelle grinned. "Of course, if they're kids, we could 'accidentally' let them win once... But not twice."
"If they're teens though..." Gear grinned. "Well, we've gotta show 'em our generation's still got it! We've got tha' whole generational rivalry to think 'bout." he laughed and led the way back into the main store.

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:59 pm ”Fair enough. Just felt kinda tedious and cliche.” Kolt said, as he walked through the mall and looked around the various stories, trying to find a store that sold the kinda clothing he was looking for. He saw restaurants, jewelry stores, a game shop or two, and what looked to be a few Hivemind drones moving to separate two spiky haired humans fighting each other with giant glow sticks outside a fast food joint, before something eventually caught his eye. “I like the look of that one.” He stated, pointing to a store that looked like it was trying to appeal to edgy teens from 2006.
"We can try that spot." Eira said. "Though it looks more my style than yours, if I'm being honest."

Deske wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:23 am "That's pretty nice. What're you thinking of doing with your pay? Decorating? Knick knacks?" He reached up onto a shelf and pulled off an item that looked suspiciously like bread but was labeled in yet another language he couldn't read, though it did have a small translation under it that said "bread" complete with quotation marks.
"I want to research a way to deactivate the kill-switch in me. The one that keeps me locked in this body. The reason why I can not apply any major modifications or upgrades to my interior mechanics." MT said. "After that, I would likely spend some of my income on new bodies and modifications."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:36 pm "Hawk, Liz, while you and the Kurii stand there, I've been scanning the creature." Hivemind said across Champion comms. "It's core body temperature has increased by fifty degrees Celsius and I am detecting a secondary central neural cluster in it's lower spine that could function as a backup brain. I suggest you all stop trying to find clever ways to kill the thing and find a new way to restrain it now that it's adapted to the amber."

Sure enough, the ice on the creature's neck was melting far faster than it should as the creature's body practically glowed with heat. It's hands twitched, then balled up into fists as the headless monster pushed itself to its feet. It swung blindly around, missing at first. Finally, it reached up, gripped the hunk of ice where it's head should be, and tore it off. Acid sprayed in all directions from the stump like a fountain, burning and sizzling against any surface it touched.
After he had given his idea to combat the creature, he heard Hivemind over the comms telling him but could only turn around before all heck broke loose. "YEARGH!" The acid hit Hawk square in the face, melting away a good chunk of it and leaving mostly bone and meat, with his hat flying off and landed next to Liz. Normally, acid wouldn't hurt Hawk (it wasn't even tickling his OtherSide) but there was something about this acid that was and to say it was painful would be putting it gently. As the creature continued to thrash about, Hawk cupped his paw over the wound and was swearing up a hurricane, with his OtherSide working overtime to at least dull the pain for now until the current trouble was dealt with. It was beginning to worry that this hit was going to effect Hawk's thinking and cause him to act irrationally, further cementing Hivemind's thoughts of him, but to his surprise, that wasn't what Hawk did. "Grrgh..." Hawk growled through the pain, uncupping his paw to show what remained of his face at the moment, before drawing and opening up one of the revolvers. To those who were watching him, they would see the current rounds inside ejecting and Hawk, seemingly out of the air, placing five taser rounds into the chamber and snapping the gun shut. While tricky due to a lack of an eye, Hawk took aim at the lower part of the beast's back, "When I...ngh...fire, Shaska...I want you to fire a cryo round at the exact area I did...hopefully it...guh..works," he winced through the now dulling pain before squeezing the trigger, letting loose a taser round towards the beast.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Or the solution is that human game, 'rock paper scissors'. No such thing as a perfect material; heat resistors are usually brittle, plasma conductors almost always softer, electrical resistors flammable, hardened materials inflexible, flexible materials weak, and so on. every resistance would have to come with a new weakness, we just need to adapt faster." noticing the creature twitching when she turned back to speak to Hawk.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:36 pm"Hawk, Liz, while you and the Kurii stand there, I've been scanning the creature." Hivemind said across Champion comms. "It's core body temperature has increased by fifty degrees Celsius and I am detecting a secondary central neural cluster in it's lower spine that could function as a backup brain. I suggest you all stop trying to find clever ways to kill the thing and find a new way to restrain it now that it's adapted to the amber."

Shaska, meanwhile had put herself directly between the wounded creature and liz as soon as she'd noticed it trying to get up. as far as she knew, the reptilian humanoid (or atleast she thinks liz is reptilian, hasn't seen her base form) couldn't heal the way she and Hawk could, since liz had a few minor scrapes visible. Not a second too soon, it seemed as she got a dose of the acid as well. Thankfully her homeworld being rich in halogens like fluorine and chlorine, her species are used to caustic acids, and it barely does anything.

giving a genuine, gleeful laugh, she unslings her rifle. "And here i thought this cutie wasn't going to be any fun..." matching the shots with her own. and one around it's reformed muzzle to choke it for good measure, just in case Hawk's idea of choking it was worth a shot. firing one handed, her other tossing one of her rifle's spare power packs to liz. "Break it open. innards are purified lithium." she says quickly, hoping she doesn't need to explain why an alkaline metal would be dangerous to something hot and acidic.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

As the events occurred, Corp did his best to protect Lewis, taking his portion of the spray across his back as he kept between Lewis and it. "Great," he growled as the acid worked it's way through the armour, "good plan! If it... doesn't work, throw the flamin' creature away!"
-----------------
better make it a pint of Tonic water then, Jenny announced, making her 'hotter than the devil's naughty bits' order at the serving area.
-----------------
Jenevive would be wide-eyed, almost awed, at Nocturl's antics. Jaken examined his Hotdog as though he suspected it of being drugged somehow. Golten practically had his jaw on the table. Corvis, being Corvis, was checking to see if he could put his hand through Nocturl's leg. "A ghost," he said aloud. "Cool!" he caught the glance from his mother. "Uh, I mean that sucks! Sorry," he said, not meaning it. It WAS cool!
-----------------
"That is absolutely true," Hannabelle asserted as she followed on. "They want freedom? They have the freedom to lose!"
----------------
"Whoa," Sana said, being careful as she looked around so as not to twist too hard. "We could spend half the afternoon walking around this enclosure. Well," she modified, rubbing Denver's ears, "YOU could."
----------------
"Thought we were looking to train with them later," Cherry asked, "y'know, after we put our stuff in our bedroom? And I...here we go again... Choo! And I love... choo! those two words..."
---------------
"Ach," Sarah said dismissively, "the beekeep'r's got all sortsa eyes oot there, none yere." She gave Cailean a little lick on the nose before Connall came in.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed at the match up. "Almost a themed match up, if what random things I've heard over the years is right." She turned to Recon, lightly adjusting her duster. "What's your take on the match up?" She asked, assuming Recon to know the two fighters.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"I mean, I already see a few things inside that appeal to me." Kolt said, walking inside the store. If Eira would to follow him, she would find he seemed to pick out shirts with what she assumed were logos or references to something. Or at least, that was the only explanation she could think of for why he seemed to want a shirt with "Reverse/Re:birth" on it, with a coin with an X in it on one side of the phrase and some sort of odd curvy heart on the other. Eventually, he seemed to have gotten enough shirts, a black one with the same heart logo on it at the top of the pile as he headed for the register.
--
Quint simply let out a small chuckle as they waited for the food to arrive.
--
Liz immediately caught onto what Shaska had planned, grinning as she caught the power pack tossed to her. "I like the way you think." She said, before using the enhanced strength her Varanian form gave her to crack it open and tossing it at the monster.
Lewis meanwhile used all three of his lines to pull one of the monsters feet towards the floor as hard as they could, hoping to limit the creatures mobility.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the moment the casing is cracked, the charge indicator on the side goes from soft blue to a blinking hazard yellow and powdered metal starts seeping from the damage. spilling all over the creature when it's thrown.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:53 pm After he had given his idea to combat the creature, he heard Hivemind over the comms telling him but could only turn around before all heck broke loose. "YEARGH!" The acid hit Hawk square in the face, melting away a good chunk of it and leaving mostly bone and meat, with his hat flying off and landed next to Liz. Normally, acid wouldn't hurt Hawk (it wasn't even tickling his OtherSide) but there was something about this acid that was and to say it was painful would be putting it gently. As the creature continued to thrash about, Hawk cupped his paw over the wound and was swearing up a hurricane, with his OtherSide working overtime to at least dull the pain for now until the current trouble was dealt with. It was beginning to worry that this hit was going to effect Hawk's thinking and cause him to act irrationally, further cementing Hivemind's thoughts of him, but to his surprise, that wasn't what Hawk did. "Grrgh..." Hawk growled through the pain, uncupping his paw to show what remained of his face at the moment, before drawing and opening up one of the revolvers. To those who were watching him, they would see the current rounds inside ejecting and Hawk, seemingly out of the air, placing five taser rounds into the chamber and snapping the gun shut. While tricky due to a lack of an eye, Hawk took aim at the lower part of the beast's back, "When I...ngh...fire, Shaska...I want you to fire a cryo round at the exact area I did...hopefully it...guh..works," he winced through the now dulling pain before squeezing the trigger, letting loose a taser round towards the beast.
Buster wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:56 pm Shaska, meanwhile had put herself directly between the wounded creature and liz as soon as she'd noticed it trying to get up. as far as she knew, the reptilian humanoid (or atleast she thinks liz is reptilian, hasn't seen her base form) couldn't heal the way she and Hawk could, since liz had a few minor scrapes visible. Not a second too soon, it seemed as she got a dose of the acid as well. Thankfully her homeworld being rich in halogens like fluorine and chlorine, her species are used to caustic acids, and it barely does anything.

giving a genuine, gleeful laugh, she unslings her rifle. "And here i thought this cutie wasn't going to be any fun..." matching the shots with her own. and one around it's reformed muzzle to choke it for good measure, just in case Hawk's idea of choking it was worth a shot. firing one handed, her other tossing one of her rifle's spare power packs to liz. "Break it open. innards are purified lithium." she says quickly, hoping she doesn't need to explain why an alkaline metal would be dangerous to something hot and acidic.
The creature started to spasm and twitch in response to the taser rounds stuck to it's body. It was hard for it to adapt to that because loss of muscular control did not seem to register as actual damage. It did seem as though the taser was either losing power over time, or the creature was simply getting used to the electric current naturally. Either way, it did not have time to do anything but spurt acid in different directions before...
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:49 pm Liz immediately caught onto what Shaska had planned, grinning as she caught the power pack tossed to her. "I like the way you think." She said, before using the enhanced strength her Varanian form gave her to crack it open and tossing it at the monster.
Lewis meanwhile used all three of his lines to pull one of the monsters feet towards the floor as hard as they could, hoping to limit the creatures mobility.
Buster wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:54 pm the moment the casing is cracked, the charge indicator on the side goes from soft blue to a blinking hazard yellow and powdered metal starts seeping from the damage. spilling all over the creature when it's thrown.
The creature could not scream due to the icy muzzle over it's mouth, but it started to convulse when exposed to the volatile powder. It's body started to fizz and smoke, the acid covering it started to burn and boil the second it came into contact with the extremely basic material. Soon, the creature's entire body was shrouded in smoke. It collapsed onto the ground, thrashing and twitching silently. Soon, it was still. It's legs and arms were crumpled up over it like a dead spider as smoke continued to pour from it's skin and fur and scales.

Finally, the lithium was gone. The smoking stopped, and what remained of the creature started to rapidly heal. It's fur grew back, it's skin recovered, and it's eyes started to open again. Whatever adaptation it gained from the lithium wasn't clear by sight, but one thing was clear: It was no longer shooting acid everywhere.

"Excellent! Now someone hit that thing with amber and be done with it!" Hivemind said over coms. "And don't try killing it again for the love of Diligitis!"

---------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:28 am Jenevive would be wide-eyed, almost awed, at Nocturl's antics. Jaken examined his Hotdog as though he suspected it of being drugged somehow. Golten practically had his jaw on the table. Corvis, being Corvis, was checking to see if he could put his hand through Nocturl's leg. "A ghost," he said aloud. "Cool!" he caught the glance from his mother. "Uh, I mean that sucks! Sorry," he said, not meaning it. It WAS cool!
"No, no. He's right. It is pretty cool. Check this out!" Nocturl grinned broadly again and held his hand next to his right temple. He gave his head a flick with his finger, and his head rolled right off of his shoulders, down his left arm, before being caught by his hand. Nocturl lifted his head up. "Ta-daaaaa!" his head said as his body gave a little bow.

"Lieutenant! Please! We're eating here! Or we were, at least." The Lycan scolded lightly.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:28 am "That is absolutely true," Hannabelle asserted as she followed on. "They want freedom? They have the freedom to lose!"
Gear led the way, paying for the equipment they were buying on the way out. It wasn't long before the two of them were at the local mall, standing in front of a very 90's style laser tag arena where a group of teens and kids of all ages had gathered in a line outside.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:17 pm Tatiana hummed at the match up. "Almost a themed match up, if what random things I've heard over the years is right." She turned to Recon, lightly adjusting her duster. "What's your take on the match up?" She asked, assuming Recon to know the two fighters.
"We've got an offensive all-rounder versus a defensive brick and shield. Both fairly even in the potency of their powers, and both with experience fighting as Champions. I know both Wyvern and Kite, and they're both really good. Though, if I had to take a guess, my bet would be on Kite. I don't know if Wyvern has anything that can get past his energy shields." Recon commented. "And yeah, they often do themes here for one-off fights. They pick two supers with similar power classifications and some sort of thematic link. The tournament itself doesn't do themes normally."

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:49 pm "I mean, I already see a few things inside that appeal to me." Kolt said, walking inside the store. If Eira would to follow him, she would find he seemed to pick out shirts with what she assumed were logos or references to something. Or at least, that was the only explanation she could think of for why he seemed to want a shirt with "Reverse/Re:birth" on it, with a coin with an X in it on one side of the phrase and some sort of odd curvy heart on the other. Eventually, he seemed to have gotten enough shirts, a black one with the same heart logo on it at the top of the pile as he headed for the register.
"Interesting choices." Eira said with an approving nod. "I get the feeling they'll look pretty good on you. We should get back to the gym. you can change into it in the dressing room."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:14 pm The creature started to spasm and twitch in response to the taser rounds stuck to it's body. It was hard for it to adapt to that because loss of muscular control did not seem to register as actual damage. It did seem as though the taser was either losing power over time, or the creature was simply getting used to the electric current naturally. Either way, it did not have time to do anything but spurt acid in different directions before...

The creature could not scream due to the icy muzzle over it's mouth, but it started to convulse when exposed to the volatile powder. It's body started to fizz and smoke, the acid covering it started to burn and boil the second it came into contact with the extremely basic material. Soon, the creature's entire body was shrouded in smoke. It collapsed onto the ground, thrashing and twitching silently. Soon, it was still. It's legs and arms were crumpled up over it like a dead spider as smoke continued to pour from it's skin and fur and scales.

Finally, the lithium was gone. The smoking stopped, and what remained of the creature started to rapidly heal. It's fur grew back, it's skin recovered, and it's eyes started to open again. Whatever adaptation it gained from the lithium wasn't clear by sight, but one thing was clear: It was no longer shooting acid everywhere.
Hawk lowered his gun, visibly impressed with what Shaska did, "Never thought of that," admitting to her then. While he hated energy-based weapons of any type (Plasma, laser, what have you), this was one of the very few instances where those weapons actually came in handy.

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:14 pm "Excellent! Now someone hit that thing with amber and be done with it!" Hivemind said over coms. "And don't try killing it again for the love of Diligitis!"
Hearing what Hivemind suggested, Hawk holstered the revolver and brought out his sawed-off once more, one that still had two Amber shells loaded, then walked over to the creature and fired the amber at it. "Creature's out of commission," he spoke into the radio to Hivemind as the Amber did it's thing. He then rubbed the place where the creature's acid hit him; While the pain was gone, he was still looking like a more messed-up TwoFace with the skull showing. "How long will the healing take this time?" He asked his OtherSide as he turned to face Shaska and Liz, showing the full extent of the facial wound to them as his OtherSide's voice came out replying, "Two hours tops. The acid here was a bit more corrosive and it ate away a good bit more of your flesh and muscles. I can at least put your eye back." Hawk nodded as his left eye returned and his vision returned to normal. "When we get back to the Beacon, the tranya's on me." He then quipped at the duo as he tapped his showing skull, "I need a drink."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:28 am "Ach," Sarah said dismissively, "the beekeep'r's got all sortsa eyes oot there, none yere." She gave Cailean a little lick on the nose before Connall came in.
"Aye, good point." Cailean agrees, licking his own nose in surprise at the sudden lick. Then, as Conall enters, he throws his bundle of clothes onto the couch, grabs Sarah, twirls her into a hug, bends her backwards and plants a firm kiss on her muzzle before hauling her upright again.

Conall stares shocked for a few moments before dropping his bundle onto the other end of the couch.
"Is this a bad time? Should Ah come back later?" he signs with a grin.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If that's whiskey," Corp seethed, feeling the burn, even through the armour but refusing to let on, "then you may well be on." He looked at the creature. "A doomsday weapon," he spat. "Unkillable. Near unstoppable. I wonder if their creators can control them?"
-------------------
I'd better let you take over, Jenny told Quint as the repast (and drink) arrived and she took a quick antacid. After all, I might flinch, eh?
-------------------
"That's one way to look around corners," Jaken said appreciatively. "Uh, I'm sorry I wasn't able to... save your life," he continued, suddenly hit by the strangeness of what he was saying.
"Huh," Golten asked.
------------------
Hannabelle ran her cool, cold, eye over the youths, looking to see if she could intimidate any of the older teens before they even got in there. One younger one she thought was looking at her as though he knew her from somewhere. She gave that one a small wink and half a smile.
-----------------
Sarah was somewhat surprised but had no plans on fighting back as Cailean took the initiative. "Nah, Conall," she said and signed, her hands still behind Cailean's back, P'r'aps if you'd come in in five minutes, like... she signed, without speaking.
-----------------
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:27 amHawk lowered his gun, visibly impressed with what Shaska did, "Never thought of that," admitting to her then. While he hated energy-based weapons of any type (Plasma, laser, what have you), this was one of the very few instances where those weapons actually came in handy.
she hisses brushing some stray powder off her arm, a nasty looking chemical burn there that starts to fade once the offending material is gone. "Yeah, well, More personal experience there than smarts. Broken a cartridge by accident before. that ____ burns me but the critter's blood dosen't." sure enough there are several gooey globs still stuck to her fur, completely nonreactive. even her mask seems unaffected, though that would be less surprising if one were to realize it's adding HF vapor to the air she's breathing.

"Sooo... are parties like this a regular thing with you guys or was this just a lucky coincidence on my part?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:18 am she hisses brushing some stray powder off her arm, a nasty looking chemical burn there that starts to fade once the offending material is gone. "Yeah, well, More personal experience there than smarts. Broken a cartridge by accident before. that ____ burns me but the critter's blood dosen't." sure enough there are several gooey globs still stuck to her fur, completely nonreactive. even her mask seems unaffected, though that would be less surprising if one were to realize it's adding HF vapor to the air she's breathing.

"Sooo... are parties like this a regular thing with you guys or was this just a lucky coincidence on my part?"
Even with half a face, Hawk managed to illicit a chuckle, "Should've been with me on Dycra. Talk about your ballroom blitz."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:57 pm "If that's whiskey," Corp seethed, feeling the burn, even through the armour but refusing to let on, "then you may well be on." He looked at the creature. "A doomsday weapon," he spat. "Unkillable. Near unstoppable. I wonder if their creators can control them?"
"It's a bit more tame than whiskey," he then said to Corp while he walked over to his hat, placing it back on his head then rubbing his revealed skull again. "This is the second fraggin' time I got hit with acid," he then grumbled, "Really wish they stop making this things bleed acid."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Tell me about it," Corp complained, finally working out how to get the back piece of armour off. Underneath it he had the exposed sections of the knife rig and several old and new scars against the fur. two or three VERY new, under the sections of displaced armour that were holed and still sizzling slightly. "We'll have to get this... back," he said, holding up the armour. "so the acid can be analysed. Nice head wound. Healer, I take it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:08 am "Tell me about it," Corp complained, finally working out how to get the back piece of armour off. Underneath it he had the exposed sections of the knife rig and several old and new scars against the fur. two or three VERY new, under the sections of displaced armour that were holed and still sizzling slightly. "We'll have to get this... back," he said, holding up the armour. "so the acid can be analysed. Nice head wound. Healer, I take it?"
"Yeah, Anu..." Hawk replied began before catching himself from saying something else as his face began to heal, "...my OtherSide been doing my healing for about...fifty years or more now, I lost count. I had every wound you can imagine and then some. Only catch is the pain during the healing is doubled so a knife wound becomes a gun shot and so on." He tapped his wound, "Though in this case? He numbed the pain just a bit as acid's a real pain in the rear."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed at the match up description. "The real question will be if Kite has the fight to back up the defense. If Wyvern is good enough all it'd take is one gap in the defense to claim victory. Or faking a gap to tempt a reckless attack." She tilted her head slightly from the part on the tournament. "I would assume the tournament wouldn't do themed matches. At least not intentionally. That'd be a weird tournament if it did."