Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:20 pm The hive droid crossed it's arms and scowled at Hawk. "I know you're lying. Do you think I wouldn't have programmed lie detection into these droids? Now what was it really about?"

Hawk just scoffed, much to the droids annoyance, "I did tell you the truth, yet it's not the truth you wanted to hear, isn't it? You rather me say something to satisfy you and your query. Well, I already told you a truth, but whose truth is it? Mine or Mine?" his OtherSide chimed in as it on cue. He knew he was playing one of the risky hands of poker here against lady luck as his cards were lower the first time around, but he still had a feeling he was going to come out on top. He was going to make sure the truth behind why that guy came after him in the diner was going to stay hidden until the time was right and, judging by his internal clock, it was nowhere near that time yet. Adding to that, he had a few other things to say to the Hivemind as well, especially in regards to it 'uploading prisoners' but that too had to wait 'till the time was right.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Not a bad idea. I can't imagine they're taking too well to all this down time. I don't think any of them know what it means to take a break, except for maybe Lewis. Dunno if they'd even take me up on the offer though," Colorado said with a slight frown. "Denver did fine by the way, apparently he's at the zoo with her right now."
------
"I'm pretty sure everyone loves cookies. What if he's just waiting for his scheduled cookie time? Maybe it's like feeding time but with cookies instead of whatever he eats?"
------
"That sounds like a good time," Chris said, having run out of questions to ask.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's amazing what a bit of hope can do, hmm," Jenny mused to a Hivebot. "Oh, is there a place nearby where I can do some applauding? Quint wants to run a test or two."
-----------------------
"Suggest you drop me off, Captain," Corp recommended loudly, "so I can muster the survivors to this location - of closer if you can scan for life forms. Then suggest you find and eliminate the jamming mechanism. Probably a large tower!" He looked away from the Captain. "And I hope Hive remembers Seena might have more luck..," he muttered.
---------------------
"He's a grouch," Keeva chuckled, "but he has plans. OK, a disturbing idea. They heal from any injury. What if you twisted their bodies through say... 900 degrees?"
--------------------
"Battle karts," Corvis asked, having the cheek to look perfectly bright whilst his mother still looked a tad dizzy.
"I wonder if I can portal a kart..." Jaken mused.
"I wonder if I can ram a certain brother off the course..." Golten mused, trying not to grin.
"You didn't really meet the Iron Tail, did you," Corvis asked Jaken.
"I did," Jaken protested. "I saw it regrow! The Lycan was there too," he added, glancing to the Lycan for back up.
--------------------
"If we tried it here, we'd probably find some spoilsport programming the bullets to home on each other to ensure no-one got hurt," Hannabelle said, relaxing onto Gear's shoulder slightly as they walked.
-------------------
"Good for him," Cherry said. "I like him. He reminds me of... someone."
-------------------
Now Sana just laughed, a sound which might have alarmed any over sensitive Badger. "Hah! We need a guide or a book," she mentioned.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana tilted her head slightly at the sight of an already in progress brawl. "Ya know, almost didn't think this sort of thing would regularly happen here for some reason." She turned to Recon and gestured at the on going entertainment. "Hive has to monitor this place twenty four seven, I'd bet."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Ooo, you might make it in time for the annual Delphi Festival. Hopefully we'll see some of your heroes competing!" Wyvern said, letting a somewhat knowing giggle. "For now, this is where I must say goodbye. See you soon!" She said, before ending the call.
"The festival, I completely forgot about the festival!" Kolt said, looking concerned. "I should buy some tickets for me and Jenny. We might miss the opening, but we should still make it in time at least for the fighting tournament. Hopefully I can get some time off to fully enjoy it with her. Oh, and I should see what vendors are this year, and what stage shows are there, and then there's the musicians..." He continued mumbling like this for a while, having completely forgotten about Hivemind.
--
Liz snorted at Corp's suggestion. "And leave you here to fend these things off by yourself? That's a death sentence and you know it." She said, pressing a few buttons on the dashboard before a set of turrets popped out underneath the wings, doors folding out on the inside of the ship connecting to them. Lewis picked up on the intent immediately, heading back inside to man one as his mother spoke over the speakers again. "We'll keep these things distracted. You fly away until you can reach Hivemind, then come back for those survivors."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:51 pm "Not a bad idea. I can't imagine they're taking too well to all this down time. I don't think any of them know what it means to take a break, except for maybe Lewis. Dunno if they'd even take me up on the offer though," Colorado said with a slight frown. "Denver did fine by the way, apparently he's at the zoo with her right now."
"Well, if anyone has tae talk tae them aboot their mental health it's ye as their doctor." Conall points out, with Cailean translating for the rat.
"But we probably shuidnae talk tae much more aboot tha'. Ah dinnae want tae risk ye accidentally breakin' any confidentiality laws."

"Guid point, Conall." Cailean agrees.

"Sae, ye ken what yer... Dae ye call them clones or are they something else? Dae ye ken what they're doin' all th' time, then? Dae ye hae telepathy wi' them?" the older dog asks, interested.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hmm, you're right. So familiar, I just can't put a name to the face though," Colorado said, pretending to think hard about it. "Ah, well, we'll figure it out eventually. I'm not too worried about breaking a confidentiality agreement here since this isn't based on any real psych testing I've done, mostly just based on day to day relations." He scratched at his cheek, "I can recommend taking time off but I can't force time off since I'm not really acting in a medical capacity. Plus, there's no one to report any of this stuff to. I don't really feel like using Cherry to ferry medical information back to higher, so... Eh," He shrugged. "The rest of them are more like their own person, by the way. I guess you could call them clones since they're all genetically identical, but they do their own thing for the most part. We're all aware of where the others are and we can see where the others are in much the same way you can see where someone is if they send you a video over your comm."
------
Denver scanned over what he could see, "Usually they have information booths or maps or something," he said as he looked. "Ah, there!" he said, pointing at what appeared to be a map stand.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:41 pm Hawk just scoffed, much to the droids annoyance, "I did tell you the truth, yet it's not the truth you wanted to hear, isn't it? You rather me say something to satisfy you and your query. Well, I already told you a truth, but whose truth is it? Mine or Mine?" his OtherSide chimed in as it on cue. He knew he was playing one of the risky hands of poker here against lady luck as his cards were lower the first time around, but he still had a feeling he was going to come out on top. He was going to make sure the truth behind why that guy came after him in the diner was going to stay hidden until the time was right and, judging by his internal clock, it was nowhere near that time yet. Adding to that, he had a few other things to say to the Hivemind as well, especially in regards to it 'uploading prisoners' but that too had to wait 'till the time was right.
"That man was after you." Hivemind said. "I don't care if it's because of what you did, or what your other form did. As far as I'm concerned, you share each others' burdens. You will tell me why he was after you, and what you did to warrant it. That's an order."

------------------------
Deske wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:51 pm "That sounds like a good time," Chris said, having run out of questions to ask.
"It was rather nice, yes..." the entity said. "I can tell you no longer have any questions. I will be silent for now, and allow you to process all of what I have said. Please, if there is anything else you wish to know, do not hesitate to call upon me. I enjoy speaking with mortals."

With that, he went quiet. The signal from the unknown, internal source was gone. "Well... That happened... I'm... not really sure what to think."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:10 am "It's amazing what a bit of hope can do, hmm," Jenny mused to a Hivebot. "Oh, is there a place nearby where I can do some applauding? Quint wants to run a test or two."
"I would suggest the Champion Holo-Trainer room or the shooting gallery." the robot replied. "I trust you know your way to both. You were in the Holo-Trainer the other day for training, and the shooting gallery is just down the hall from it."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:10 am "Suggest you drop me off, Captain," Corp recommended loudly, "so I can muster the survivors to this location - of closer if you can scan for life forms. Then suggest you find and eliminate the jamming mechanism. Probably a large tower!" He looked away from the Captain. "And I hope Hive remembers Seena might have more luck..," he muttered.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:10 am "He's a grouch," Keeva chuckled, "but he has plans. OK, a disturbing idea. They heal from any injury. What if you twisted their bodies through say... 900 degrees?"
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:55 am Liz snorted at Corp's suggestion. "And leave you here to fend these things off by yourself? That's a death sentence and you know it." She said, pressing a few buttons on the dashboard before a set of turrets popped out underneath the wings, doors folding out on the inside of the ship connecting to them. Lewis picked up on the intent immediately, heading back inside to man one as his mother spoke over the speakers again. "We'll keep these things distracted. You fly away until you can reach Hivemind, then come back for those survivors."
"I will consider that option later, Keeva. At the moment, I will follow the suggestion of calling Hivemind." The Predator took off, kicking more of the monstrosities off of his legs as he ascended. "Find the jammer. Hive won't be able to do anything until it is destroyed. It will have to have the ability to broadcast the signal, so it will be up somewhere high. Check radio towers or water towers. I will return soon."

With that, Predator blasted off towards space, rocketing out of the dead zone as fast as he could.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:10 am "Battle karts," Corvis asked, having the cheek to look perfectly bright whilst his mother still looked a tad dizzy.
"I wonder if I can portal a kart..." Jaken mused.
"I wonder if I can ram a certain brother off the course..." Golten mused, trying not to grin.
"You didn't really meet the Iron Tail, did you," Corvis asked Jaken.
"I did," Jaken protested. "I saw it regrow! The Lycan was there too," he added, glancing to the Lycan for back up.
"You mean Kolt?" The Lycan said. "I'm not so sure he's the same person as Iron Tail, but his tail did grow back." he verified with a nod. "Anyway, sounds like Battle Karts is up next. No portaling the karts, Jaken. If you break something, I'll have to pay for it. That won't make me very happy."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:10 am "If we tried it here, we'd probably find some spoilsport programming the bullets to home on each other to ensure no-one got hurt," Hannabelle said, relaxing onto Gear's shoulder slightly as they walked.
Gear laughed and nodded. "Hah! Yeah, tha'd be exactly what Hive'd do. He'd want to keep things safe but make it look like he's doin' nothin'. Though, more likely 'e'd cause the floor to shoot up to block missed shots." Gear picked up a small stone from the ground. "Like this." He casually chucked the stone at where he knew a security device was, aiming for it's wiring. A large metal pillar shot up from the ground, intercepting the stone which pinged harmlessly off of the metal. "See?"

------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:03 pm Tatiana tilted her head slightly at the sight of an already in progress brawl. "Ya know, almost didn't think this sort of thing would regularly happen here for some reason." She turned to Recon and gestured at the on going entertainment. "Hive has to monitor this place twenty four seven, I'd bet."
"Oh, absolutely! He's probably watching right now, and cheering it on himself." Recon laughed. "He'll step in if there's any real danger, but he's not going to stop a bunch of tough guys from having a bit of rough fun as long as it's a good-natured brawl." She zipped up to the door, opened it, and gestured to Tatiana. "After you!"

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:55 am "Ooo, you might make it in time for the annual Delphi Festival. Hopefully we'll see some of your heroes competing!" Wyvern said, letting a somewhat knowing giggle. "For now, this is where I must say goodbye. See you soon!" She said, before ending the call.
"The festival, I completely forgot about the festival!" Kolt said, looking concerned. "I should buy some tickets for me and Jenny. We might miss the opening, but we should still make it in time at least for the fighting tournament. Hopefully I can get some time off to fully enjoy it with her. Oh, and I should see what vendors are this year, and what stage shows are there, and then there's the musicians..." He continued mumbling like this for a while, having completely forgotten about Hivemind.
"Ok." Hivemind laughed. "This festival sounds like fun. I have to hear about it, especially if there are superhero competitions in it. The Champions as a group and as individuals tend to love contests to test themselves against each other. I need to know what there is so I can tell them what they can sign up for."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:30 pm "That man was after you." Hivemind said. "I don't care if it's because of what you did, or what your other form did. As far as I'm concerned, you share each others' burdens. You will tell me why he was after you, and what you did to warrant it. That's an order."
Hawk sighed and swore under his breath, "Fine...Fine! You want the truth? OK: You are looking at a hunter who, due to making a call on a bounty, is now the most Wanted Man In The Galaxy, with a price on his head in the millions, last I checked. That guy that came after me? Another bounty hunter who tracked me here from Cygnus V. Then again, that last bit of info doesn't mean anything to a machine now, does it? All you'll probably do is upload him and forget about him...upload...fate worse than death, if you ask me," Hawk clicked his tongue as he folded his arms, "Well? There's your answer. Satisfied?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded in appreciation to Recon as she entered the establishment. "I don't believe I've ever been in a 'good natured' brawl before. I mean, I've been in friendly fights before, but those still had had threat of irreparable harm." She shrugged and looked a like she didn't know where to go in the bar. "Granted that mostly meant a mechanic's bill for me."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I remember," Jenny said. heading out towards the Shooting gallery. "Thanks, bossbot!" She strutted down the corridor. So, Quint, she thought, You can tell me and I won't tell Kolt. Anyone you've seen when with Kolt where you'd have been interested in meeting them again?
--------------------------
Corp moved closer to the front of the ship. "Unless these scanners - whichever ones ARE the scanners - can pick out the tower pumping out the signal, it's eyeball time," he remarked, watching out of the window.
-------------------------
Jaken nodded and headed off with the 'squad', asking what powers they had. "I can see through the eyes of anyone I concentrate on," Golten remarked. "It helps with hunting but Mr Hive's blocked it..."
"Which I am quite happy about," Jenevive muttered to the Lycan.
"...and Corvis got a brain injury thing," Golten finished.
"Did not," Corvis complained, holding his hands behind his back as he walked. "I read a phrasebook and learn the language. Learned Earth English and Lappinean overnight!"
"Would have been handy to read Earth signs," Jaken admitted, getting into his Kart.
------------------------
"It's a bit of a pity really," Hannabelle sighed. "Danger teaches us so much about ourselves. If life is always safe, where's the drive come from? We have a need to make things better, most of us, because we're not designed to be content in paradise." She snorted. "There's me, getting philosophical..."
-----------------------
"Well, we should probably go see." Sana practically bounced over to the stand and craned to look up at the information display. She smiled inwardly as the display was in English and she'd learned that on a computer screen years ago... "Oh, BadgeR? Badgar? Anyhow, it makes more sense now, Denver." She haltingly read out the rest of the information, then strained to look at the top of the map. "So, anywhere you want to go next?"
-----------------------
"Would they complain if I thought of them as 'inferior' states," Cherry asked cheekily, her tone betraying her lack of sincerity in that statement.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was slightly startled as Hivemind interrupted his mumbling, but he quickly bounced back. "Oh, well the Delphi festival has a lot of competitive things for people with and without powers. There's the aforementioned fighting tournament, there's a cooking tournament, numerous challenges to test your body and/or mind, there's even a music battle. But it's also a lot more than that. It's meant to be a celebration of the unity and culture of the three nations, so there's a lot of different performers, vendors, artists, and all sort of other people there, all showing off their craft. It's all really great!" He said, sounding really excited for it.
--
Nobody who is on the ship, though I would not mind seeing his sister again. Swearing habits aside, she is a rather pleasant individual.
--
"Let's hope they cant pick it out." Liz said, pressing a few buttons to activate the scanners. "Otherwise we're probably going to just wind up taking out every tall looking thing nearby." She lifted the ship to hover above the nearby buildings, both to get themselves a little bit further away from the creatures, and to get a better view of anything the jammer might be on.
Lewis didn't seem bothered by the change in height, just continuing to blast away, aiming at large groups of the things, occasionally blasting at any ones that looked like they were straying from the pack.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:24 pm "The rest of them are more like their own person, by the way. I guess you could call them clones since they're all genetically identical, but they do their own thing for the most part. We're all aware of where the others are and we can see where the others are in much the same way you can see where someone is if they send you a video over your comm."
"Interestin'... An', can ye make muir or merge them back taegether? Ah didnae see haow they were created in th' first place." Conall asks.
"Er, stop me if Ah get tae person, by th' wye. And feel free tae ask anythin' ye want tae ken aboot mah power, although, be warned, Ah dinnae ken tae much aboot it yet mahsel'. Ah need tae find a Hivemind tae ask fer some trainin'."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:57 pm Hawk sighed and swore under his breath, "Fine...Fine! You want the truth? OK: You are looking at a hunter who, due to making a call on a bounty, is now the most Wanted Man In The Galaxy, with a price on his head in the millions, last I checked. That guy that came after me? Another bounty hunter who tracked me here from Cygnus V. Then again, that last bit of info doesn't mean anything to a machine now, does it? All you'll probably do is upload him and forget about him...upload...fate worse than death, if you ask me," Hawk clicked his tongue as he folded his arms, "Well? There's your answer. Satisfied?"
"...For now." Hivemind said, crossing his arms. "And he won't be uploaded to the Server. I don't upload people for most offenses. The Upload just puts them in a virtual environment where they can't cause any damage to the physical world, so I use it only for people who pose a significant risk of escaping from other environments. Otherwise, it's no different from any other jail. It's just a jail in a virtual world rather than the physical one. Now... We should return to your training. There's still a lot to learn."

-------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:05 pm Tatiana nodded in appreciation to Recon as she entered the establishment. "I don't believe I've ever been in a 'good natured' brawl before. I mean, I've been in friendly fights before, but those still had had threat of irreparable harm." She shrugged and looked a like she didn't know where to go in the bar. "Granted that mostly meant a mechanic's bill for me."
"That's more of the magic of the Beacon!" Recon said, excitedly as a Varanian and some kind of Grizzly Bear alien grappled on the floor, knocking over some tables while the rest of the crowd drank, cheered, and exchanged blows. "Universal healthcare! And it's really high quality. Break your spine or shatter a kneecap, and the hospital will fix you up good as new in only a day or so." She walked in, ducking under a flying chair as she made her way to the bar. "Two Butterscotch Brawlers, please! one for me, one for my friend!"

The Barman smirked. "Looking to join the fun, huh?"

"You bet!"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:57 am Corp moved closer to the front of the ship. "Unless these scanners - whichever ones ARE the scanners - can pick out the tower
pumping out the signal, it's eyeball time,
" he remarked, watching out of the window.
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 pm "Let's hope they cant pick it out." Liz said, pressing a few buttons to activate the scanners. "Otherwise we're probably going to just wind up taking out every tall looking thing nearby." She lifted the ship to hover above the nearby buildings, both to get themselves a little bit further away from the creatures, and to get a better view of anything the jammer might be on.
Lewis didn't seem bothered by the change in height, just continuing to blast away, aiming at large groups of the things, occasionally blasting at any ones that looked like they were straying from the pack.
As Lewis continued firing at the creatures, he would no doubt notice, likely to his alarm, that the creatures he shot were getting back up. Not only that, but his shots were getting significantly less effective against the creatures as they fell and rose again.

Meanwhile, the jammer seemed to be affecting the scanners. However, this was a small town, and there were therefore only about two structures that were tall enough to support the jammer. One was the nearby water tower, and then there was a sort of radio station on the other side of the town with a tall antennae.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:57 am Jaken nodded and headed off with the 'squad', asking what powers they had. "I can see through the eyes of anyone I concentrate on," Golten remarked. "It helps with hunting but Mr Hive's blocked it..."
"Which I am quite happy about," Jenevive muttered to the Lycan.
"...and Corvis got a brain injury thing," Golten finished.
"Did not," Corvis complained, holding his hands behind his back as he walked. "I read a phrasebook and learn the language. Learned Earth English and Lappinean overnight!"
"Would have been handy to read Earth signs," Jaken admitted, getting into his Kart.
"Sometimes I think Hivemind's got too much control of things around here." the Lycan said to Jenevive, shaking his head and watching the kids play. "It wasn't always like this. The limiters weren't implemented until about five or so years ago. But, honestly, it's effective. Everybody's equal on the Beacon because he makes it that way. No amount of money or fame a person has will get them any privileges that others don't have. Even powers now can be shut down if a person starts using them to push around the powerless."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:57 am "It's a bit of a pity really," Hannabelle sighed. "Danger teaches us so much about ourselves. If life is always safe, where's the drive come from? We have a need to make things better, most of us, because we're not designed to be content in paradise." She snorted. "There's me, getting philosophical..."
"Aye, well..." Gear shrugged as they started getting to the end of the loop where they originally went left at the fork. "Hard to learn 'bout yerself if the danger kills ya."

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:42 am "Interestin'... An', can ye make muir or merge them back taegether? Ah didnae see haow they were created in th' first place." Conall asks.
"Er, stop me if Ah get tae person, by th' wye. And feel free tae ask anythin' ye want tae ken aboot mah power, although, be warned, Ah dinnae ken tae much aboot it yet mahsel'. Ah need tae find a Hivemind tae ask fer some trainin'."
"You called?" Hivemind asked, stepping up behind Conall.

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 pm Kolt was slightly startled as Hivemind interrupted his mumbling, but he quickly bounced back. "Oh, well the Delphi festival has a lot of competitive things for people with and without powers. There's the aforementioned fighting tournament, there's a cooking tournament, numerous challenges to test your body and/or mind, there's even a music battle. But it's also a lot more than that. It's meant to be a celebration of the unity and culture of the three nations, so there's a lot of different performers, vendors, artists, and all sort of other people there, all showing off their craft. It's all really great!" He said, sounding really excited for it.
"That sounds like just the thing that the Beaconites would love." Hivemind said, enthusiasm clear in his voice. "Speaking of fighting tournaments, are you planning on participating in the one later today?" he asked.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:28 pm "...For now." Hivemind said, crossing his arms. "And he won't be uploaded to the Server. I don't upload people for most offenses. The Upload just puts them in a virtual environment where they can't cause any damage to the physical world, so I use it only for people who pose a significant risk of escaping from other environments. Otherwise, it's no different from any other jail. It's just a jail in a virtual world rather than the physical one. Now... We should return to your training. There's still a lot to learn."
"A virtual world that can still be broken out of, if given the right tools," Hawk thought quietly as Hivemind brought up about more training, something he was not a fan of as he replied with a small tone of anger, "Training for what? You read my files, you saw the footage, you should already know what type of combatant I am and how much someone of my skill level can be to your crew. Plus, you see I can literately not die so I don't know what the heck else is there to the training! Seriously, I don't! I get that you want the Champions to be an elite group, I get that! I also get that don't want us to kill every target out there but, rather, do our best to save them. As per Rule Number 2, as stated by you verbatim: We do not pick and choose who to save unless circumstances require us to do so. Our job is to save lives more than it is to fight villains. If the person you are fighting ends up in mortal peril, you must endeavor to save them unless the act of doing so will cost innocent lives. You also don't want us to be Judge Dredd as well. From what you told me, you want us to focus more on the 'saving of innocents' rather than the 'stoppage of those who would harm someone', correct? Then if that's all the training I need, then I'm gonna have to decline and wait for a mission."

Hawk, leaning up against the nearby wall, continued on, his tone still showing hints of anger, "Listen, I don't know much about you, Hivemind. Heck, there's still things about myself I'm learning about for some reason. What I do know is that your ways of keeping the peace and the Champions in line? Doesn't really work much anymore in this day and age. That one person you said is innocent that you rescued? They could very well be the next high-class outlaw. That guy you arrested, because you had reports of him attacking ships coming off the Orion station? Station could've actually been a criminal outpost and he was a pilot hired to take them out. Fact of the matter is, no matter what rules you put forth for the Champions to follow...sometimes, it's better to listen to your gut than follow the rules. If you told me not to kill a target but bring him in for questioning, but my gut is telling me to kill him as something doesn't feel right about the situation, you bet I'm going to go with my gut. Then again, remembering those Veterans you told me about, something tells me that you have the final say in literately everything, don't you?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Well... We know that you're alive alive, as a fact at least. Also found out that you can die. And that the gods of emotions are real." Chris said, a little lost in it all. "It's certainly been a day, hasn't it?"
------
"I don't think they'd complain. They'd probably fire right back with some pokes of their own, so do so at your own peril," Colorado says, "They aren't really bound by the same 'Don't insult your lover' code that I am." He glanced over at Conall and, continuing to sign for him so that he could follow the conversation, answered his question, "They just kind of appear, like they step from the same space and once we're not in contact anymore they become their own solid person. I haven't really tried merging back with one of them, not sure how that'd work out if I'm being honest.
------
"Hmm," Denver says, studying the map and trying to figure out the next place to go. "Well, for future reference, food is here," he says, pointing at the food court on the map. "Have you seen a Kangaroo yet?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It could be interestin' tae find oot." Conall suggests with a small wag of his tail.
"Only if'n it's somethin' ye'd be willin' tae try though. Nae pressure." he promises. He doesn't notice Hivemind approaching from behind him though, unable to hear the droid's voice or footsteps.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp moved back to Lewis as his mother flew and tapped him on the shoulder. "Never mind them," he instructed, pointing to the water tower. "Shoot THAT! Two possibles for jamming and that's one! Try and leave the building standing, though!"
-----------------------
"I have the feeling," Jenevive said quietly, "that you thought of adding 'except one' to the list of powers that can be blocked? Good job he seems to be incorruptible, hmm?" Golten's cart gave his brother's a slight ram as Jaken engaged a rabbit-like youth in 'combat'. "So what does happen with kids with powers? Hive did explain but I think that, sometimes, a second voice makes it clearer."
----------------------
"There's downsides to everything," Hannabelle admitted, putting a finger under Gear's chin to rub it. "Sometimes the positives outweigh them, yeah?"
---------------------
Hah, Jenny chuckled as she entered the required target room, the most interesting people are never the perfect ones. Must be why I'm so interesting. She set the room locks and mentally told Quint how to start up the targets. Wanna take the wheel, my friend?
--------------------
"Nope," Sana said, despite the fact that she was hopping like one to see the top of the display. "but I'd like to," she added, stopping her jumps and sliding her hand into his.
--------------------
Cherry smirked as she saw the Hive arrive and knew the boys hadn't heard him. "Look out be-hiiiiiind you," she said in a sing-song voice.
Sarah, for her part, had spun around into a fighting stance but relaxed when she noted who it was.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed at Recon's words, wondering if the expectation of quick healing counterbalanced possible trauma from such violent injuries. She then figured those most likely to partake in brawls for fun didn't care too much. She made an unsure sound at the name of the drinks. "Can't promise I'll like it, but I'll give it a shot."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Oh that's right, I forgot about the fighting tournament happening today!" Kolt said, sounding kinda excited. "Although.." He paused, his brow furrowing as he let out a "hmmm" of thought. "After what happened this morning, I don't know if that's exactly a good idea."
--
With pleasure. Quint said, before taking control of Jenny's body. After doing the usual stretches to get used to being in control, he turned towards the targets and held his arms out. He dug into Jenny's muscle memory, focused on the feeling he was looking for and
FFWUMPH
sent out a relatively weak sound blast, which hit the target, but didn't do much to it. Pulling his arms back, he looked at his hands with a pleased smirk on his face. "Interesting."
--
"Hold that shot for just a second Lewis, I have an idea." Liz said, as she started moving the ship. A little bit of a turn this way, a little bit of a turn that way, raising the ship a little bit, and about a minute later, she was done. Now she had things positioned so that she should be able to hit the radio tower with the dropship's cannons while Lewis hit the water tower with it's turrets. "You ready?" Lewis nodded, and she turned back to the cannons control. "FIRE!" She called out, as both their shots raced towards their intended targets.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:11 pm "A virtual world that can still be broken out of, if given the right tools," Hawk thought quietly as Hivemind brought up about more training, something he was not a fan of as he replied with a small tone of anger, "Training for what? You read my files, you saw the footage, you should already know what type of combatant I am and how much someone of my skill level can be to your crew. Plus, you see I can literately not die so I don't know what the heck else is there to the training! Seriously, I don't! I get that you want the Champions to be an elite group, I get that! I also get that don't want us to kill every target out there but, rather, do our best to save them. As per Rule Number 2, as stated by you verbatim: We do not pick and choose who to save unless circumstances require us to do so. Our job is to save lives more than it is to fight villains. If the person you are fighting ends up in mortal peril, you must endeavor to save them unless the act of doing so will cost innocent lives. You also don't want us to be Judge Dredd as well. From what you told me, you want us to focus more on the 'saving of innocents' rather than the 'stoppage of those who would harm someone', correct? Then if that's all the training I need, then I'm gonna have to decline and wait for a mission."

Hawk, leaning up against the nearby wall, continued on, his tone still showing hints of anger, "Listen, I don't know much about you, Hivemind. Heck, there's still things about myself I'm learning about for some reason. What I do know is that your ways of keeping the peace and the Champions in line? Doesn't really work much anymore in this day and age. That one person you said is innocent that you rescued? They could very well be the next high-class outlaw. That guy you arrested, because you had reports of him attacking ships coming off the Orion station? Station could've actually been a criminal outpost and he was a pilot hired to take them out. Fact of the matter is, no matter what rules you put forth for the Champions to follow...sometimes, it's better to listen to your gut than follow the rules. If you told me not to kill a target but bring him in for questioning, but my gut is telling me to kill him as something doesn't feel right about the situation, you bet I'm going to go with my gut. Then again, remembering those Veterans you told me about, something tells me that you have the final say in literately everything, don't you?"
Hivemind scowled as much as a robot lacking expressiveness can scowl. "Yes, I do. And that is exactly why you need training. You following your gut instead of my orders can throw a wrench into the most well over-engineered plan. The station that turns out to be a criminal outpost? Do you think I don't know? Do you think I don't care? I make it a point to know the motives of everyone we capture. If it is a criminal outpost, and there is any - ANY - intel that suggests it is, do you think I don't know about it? I know about you. I know about what you've done. I've already asked the bounty hunter why he was after you. But you are here with MY blessing, and regardless of what you've done, there will be no bounty hunting on my ship! Not from you or anyone else. If I thought you were a threat to anyone here, I'd have arrested you already. If I suspect the hypothetical station is a pirate base, the Champions and I will take it down ourselves without killing the occupants. If I think your opponent poses a significant threat, I will deal with it myself because the champions and I are powerful enough to subdue a dangerous threat without getting desperate enough to use lethal force. Do you understand me? If your 'gut' tells you someone is too dangerous to let live, what do you think my near infinite supply of intel is telling me? Do you think that, with a network of trillions of quantum supercomputers making up my brains, I don't know EXACTLY what kind of threat they pose? THAT is why you need training. You need to know when to trust your gut, when to trust me, and when to trust our rules." he said.

---------------------------------
Deske wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:37 pm "Well... We know that you're alive alive, as a fact at least. Also found out that you can die. And that the gods of emotions are real." Chris said, a little lost in it all. "It's certainly been a day, hasn't it?"
"Agreed." the mech said, still processing things. "But if I can die... I should find a way to enjoy life. If I'm alive, I should use that life. But, all I know is fighting."

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 am "It could be interestin' tae find oot." Conall suggests with a small wag of his tail.
"Only if'n it's somethin' ye'd be willin' tae try though. Nae pressure." he promises. He doesn't notice Hivemind approaching from behind him though, unable to hear the droid's voice or footsteps.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am Cherry smirked as she saw the Hive arrive and knew the boys hadn't heard him. "Look out be-hiiiiiind you," she said in a sing-song voice.
Sarah, for her part, had spun around into a fighting stance but relaxed when she noted who it was.
Hivemind was more talking to Cailean and the others, but mostly because he knew he didn't have Conall's attention. To fix this, he carefully reached up and softly tapped Conall on the shoulder. Once he had the canine's attention, he signed "I noticed you might have a question for me?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am Corp moved back to Lewis as his mother flew and tapped him on the shoulder. "Never mind them," he instructed, pointing to the water tower. "Shoot THAT! Two possibles for jamming and that's one! Try and leave the building standing, though!"
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:29 pm "Hold that shot for just a second Lewis, I have an idea." Liz said, as she started moving the ship. A little bit of a turn this way, a little bit of a turn that way, raising the ship a little bit, and about a minute later, she was done. Now she had things positioned so that she should be able to hit the radio tower with the dropship's cannons while Lewis hit the water tower with it's turrets. "You ready?" Lewis nodded, and she turned back to the cannons control. "FIRE!" She called out, as both their shots raced towards their intended targets.
There was no real way to tell which of the two locations had the jammer on it. Lewis's minigun severed the water tower's support beams at the exact same time that the radio antenna exploded and toppled off of the broadcast building with a crash. Whether it was the water tower or the radio tower though, the dead zone was gone. Hivemind could see all of the turmoil in the town.

"What the ****?! Alright you three, pull back! I'm dropping in support." Hivemind said over the Ibis radio.

- - - - -

(For Welsh)
In the meantime, Hivemind opened contact with the Celican chief of security/acting president.

"Chief, there is a potential planet-side emergency I need to alert you to. Monta Weapontech recently developed a bioweapon of sorts. A mutant creature that appears to be immortal. Someone jammed communications in a forest village near the Mona headquarters, and now the bioweapon is running amok there. According to one of my drones, there appear to be survivors in an underground bomb shelter and some of the basements, but the town itself looks grim..."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am "I have the feeling," Jenevive said quietly, "that you thought of adding 'except one' to the list of powers that can be blocked? Good job he seems to be incorruptible, hmm?" Golten's cart gave his brother's a slight ram as Jaken engaged a rabbit-like youth in 'combat'. "So what does happen with kids with powers? Hive did explain but I think that, sometimes, a second voice makes it clearer."
"Hive limits himself in other ways," Randy said, "and of course, pseudo-powers aren't effected. I don't loose my ability to shapeshift, or my strength, when exposed to the limiters. As for the kids' powers, they'll be taught how to use and control them. It'll be incorporated into their education."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am "There's downsides to everything," Hannabelle admitted, putting a finger under Gear's chin to rub it. "Sometimes the positives outweigh them, yeah?"
Gear smiled and responded by running a hand through Hannabelle's hair, gently caressing her head and behind her ears. "Aye. That's true 'nough. Then again, some things don' seem to have downsides." he said, smiling at her and giving her a squeeze with one arm.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:54 pm Tatiana hummed at Recon's words, wondering if the expectation of quick healing counterbalanced possible trauma from such violent injuries. She then figured those most likely to partake in brawls for fun didn't care too much. She made an unsure sound at the name of the drinks. "Can't promise I'll like it, but I'll give it a shot."
"Oh!" Recon said, accepting her drink from the barman. "Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed you'd have a sweet tooth like me. I like my drinks to be about 98% sugar." she laughed, dodging a thrown bar stool which smashed against the wall behind her. "Go ahead and order what you want. I'll take your butterscotch brawler. Drinks are on me, by the way."

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:29 pm "Oh that's right, I forgot about the fighting tournament happening today!" Kolt said, sounding kinda excited. "Although.." He paused, his brow furrowing as he let out a "hmmm" of thought. "After what happened this morning, I don't know if that's exactly a good idea."
"Don't be silly." Hivemind said with a wave of his hand. "What happened this morning was not your fault. The perpetrator was caught, and all injured parties are expected to make a full recovery. There's no reason why you need to deprive yourself of a bit of fun today. Though..." Hivemind said, something coming up in his mind. "I need to access your hammerspace pouch. I need to figure out a way to dispose of the creatures inside of it."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:32 pmHivemind scowled as much as a robot lacking expressiveness can scowl. "Yes, I do. And that is exactly why you need training. You following your gut instead of my orders can throw a wrench into the most well over-engineered plan. The station that turns out to be a criminal outpost? Do you think I don't know? Do you think I don't care? I make it a point to know the motives of everyone we capture. If it is a criminal outpost, and there is any - ANY - intel that suggests it is, do you think I don't know about it? I know about you. I know about what you've done. I've already asked the bounty hunter why he was after you. But you are here with MY blessing, and regardless of what you've done, there will be no bounty hunting on my ship! Not from you or anyone else. If I thought you were a threat to anyone here, I'd have arrested you already. If I suspect the hypothetical station is a pirate base, the Champions and I will take it down ourselves without killing the occupants. If I think your opponent poses a significant threat, I will deal with it myself because the champions and I are powerful enough to subdue a dangerous threat without getting desperate enough to use lethal force. Do you understand me? If your 'gut' tells you someone is too dangerous to let live, what do you think my near infinite supply of intel is telling me? Do you think that, with a network of trillions of quantum supercomputers making up my brains, I don't know EXACTLY what kind of threat they pose? THAT is why you need training. You need to know when to trust your gut, when to trust me, and when to trust our rules." he said.

"Machines. Make. Mistakes." Hawk growled back, "Nothing in this universe is perfect, no matter how advanced it is. If my gut is telling me someone is dangerous and your 'computer', after going through that intel you have, tells me otherwise? I rather put my trust in flesh and bone instead of a machine like you, where one small error can spell Apocalypse for said machine. As for your 'well over-engineered plans' you boast of? Any plan with no room for error has already failed in some way, whether you see it now or later on in life. The more you put into a plan, the more likely it is to fail horribly...learned that one the hard way twenty years ago. But that doesn't matter now as I've already paid the piper my dues that year. You and your Champions here? Sooner or later, you'll all have to pay somehow," as he spoke, he felt his paw twitching, itching to reach for his gun, but he knew not to do anything that would escalate the current situation to dangerous levels. But if the meter was already three seconds from the highest level, what Hawk said next would push it beyond that level, "And I told you already: My Bounty Hunting days are over. I joined with your merry band of misfits to get away from that life and start anew. But you? Right from the get-go, you zeroed me out of the crowd and had it uploaded to your so-called 'brain' that I'm still and forever will be a bounty hunter and you are going to do everything in your power to remove that from me, right? Isn't that what Justus would've wanted?" He knew he that was a risky statement to make but he didn't care. He did know of Justus due to some research about the Beacon he did before he first arrived and he knew it was going to be a somewhat sour subject but, honestly, no subject was off the table now. His OtherSide, meanwhile, could only sigh in disappointment at Hawk, for he knew Hawk had crossed a line that was never meant to be crossed.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We need to keep their attention until back up arrives, Hivemind," Corp replied , possibly too loudly. "We're registering survivors and... wait a minute," he paused. "How long have these things been here?"
"They were here before we got here," Keeva said, "and Pred's been fighting them a fair while. Deserves a promotion, Hive!"
"And nothing stops them," Corp added, ignoring the second part of Keeva's speech. "What's saving those people?"
-----------------
"<Dagrere here,>" said the security chief who'd previously worked with Zabta. <"Tell me where and I'll have it sealed off. How's the "President" doing?>" he added bitterly.
----------------
The 'cart wars' rumbled on as Corvis angled to clash with Jaken and Jaken's previous target tried to upend Golten. "I don't remember the last time we got to a fun fair," Jenevive confided. "I tended to get a little paranoid about the shooting galleries... Education. What sort of classes get taught here? I mean, looking at all these cultures, there can't possibly be enough hours in the day to learn all that's needed."
----------------
"Well," Hannabelle replied with a chuckle, "I don't know if it's a downside or not but I've not been scoping for snipers during this walk..."
----------------
Jenny laughed inside her own head. It's fine to be happy, Quint, she told her 'driver', just remember to skip the round of applause, eh? Wanna try a bigger one?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Denver laughed, "They actually do just that; hop around. I think they're pretty cool. Like you of course" He smiled, his hand molding to Sana's as he nearly dragged her off to see them.
-------
Colorado stifled a laugh at their reactions to Hive walking up behind them. "Yeah that'd be interesting to try out, but I dunno how the rest of them would react to it," he said to Conall, having finally stopping his laughter.
-------
"Yeah I'd like to see if I can't still build that brain chip that'll let you at least see the world through my eyes. Maybe Hive can build you a remote body that'll have all the bells and whistles too."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana stalled for a moment, tilting her head. "Ah, these are sweet?" She looked upon the drink in contemplation, all the while idly wiping some broken bar stool off her new duster. "Sorry, assumed these would be like drinks from HQ. Every single one of those messed with my consistency something fierce... Besides, I wouldn't have a clue where to start otherwise, so your recommendation is as good as any other." She took the drink and kept it in her grasp, making no move to begin drinking just yet, as if mentally preparing for some reason.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"That's not what I... You know what, never mind, just sign me up." Kolt said, deciding whatever he was going to say before wasn't worth it. At Hivemind's request, he pressed a few buttons on his watch, a cable port forming out of one of the sides, before sticking his hand out. "Be my guest."
--
"Indeed. Let us see if I can not increase the power." He said, sticking his hands out again. He focused on the same feeling as before, trying to make it more somehow, and...
PPHUWOOFF
...sent out a much stronger soundwave that caused the target to crack into multiple pieces. Though it seems he made it a bit TOO strong, judging by the pain going through his borrowed arms. "Hmmm. I need to find a middle ground."
--
"Yeah, hate to break it to you big guy, but I don't think any of us are going to be leaving until we know those people are safe." Liz said, unleashing a wave of cannon fire on some of the creatures. "Not to disrespect your authority, but I'm not willing these things finding those civilians. We're going to stick around and be a big, fat, juicy piece of bait until we know they're safe."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:32 pm Hivemind was more talking to Cailean and the others, but mostly because he knew he didn't have Conall's attention. To fix this, he carefully reached up and softly tapped Conall on the shoulder. Once he had the canine's attention, he signed "I noticed you might have a question for me?"
Conall had noticed the others reacting and had started to turn around and so isn't taken by surprise when Hivemind taps his shoulder.
"Oh. Hello, sir. Ah was just wonderin' aboot gettin' some trainin' wi' mah power, tha's all. And a job, if'n there are any available. Cailean was wonderin' th' same, especially th' job part. He isnae sure what guid his qualifications will dae him here." the laird explains.
"Although... We shuid put oor stuff in oor hoose before we dae tae much." he adds, shuffling his bundle slightly to better hide a pair of underpants.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:15 pm "Machines. Make. Mistakes." Hawk growled back, "Nothing in this universe is perfect, no matter how advanced it is. If my gut is telling me someone is dangerous and your 'computer', after going through that intel you have, tells me otherwise? I rather put my trust in flesh and bone instead of a machine like you, where one small error can spell Apocalypse for said machine. As for your 'well over-engineered plans' you boast of? Any plan with no room for error has already failed in some way, whether you see it now or later on in life. The more you put into a plan, the more likely it is to fail horribly...learned that one the hard way twenty years ago. But that doesn't matter now as I've already paid the piper my dues that year. You and your Champions here? Sooner or later, you'll all have to pay somehow," as he spoke, he felt his paw twitching, itching to reach for his gun, but he knew not to do anything that would escalate the current situation to dangerous levels. But if the meter was already three seconds from the highest level, what Hawk said next would push it beyond that level, "And I told you already: My Bounty Hunting days are over. I joined with your merry band of misfits to get away from that life and start anew. But you? Right from the get-go, you zeroed me out of the crowd and had it uploaded to your so-called 'brain' that I'm still and forever will be a bounty hunter and you are going to do everything in your power to remove that from me, right? Isn't that what Justus would've wanted?" He knew he that was a risky statement to make but he didn't care. He did know of Justus due to some research about the Beacon he did before he first arrived and he knew it was going to be a somewhat sour subject but, honestly, no subject was off the table now. His OtherSide, meanwhile, could only sigh in disappointment at Hawk, for he knew Hawk had crossed a line that was never meant to be crossed.
"My brother - yes, my brother, Justus. I'm a human being, not just a machine - would have agreed with me. We have the no-killing rule because of him, because he could see everyone's past, present, and future, along every timeline they existed in. He knew exactly who they were, what they would do, when they would do it, and in the end he decided that we had no right to take their lives. He was omniscient. He could see every wicked thing in their lives, and every good thing they ever did as well." Hivemind snapped. "And I singled you out for good reason, clearly. You refuse to be trained because you think your gut, instinct, and prior experience is enough. You're cocky. Everything you knew, everything you trained to be, all of your experience as a bounty hunter? Hardly any of it translates at all into being a Champion. Do you know how to evacuate civilians from a disaster zone? Do you know how to install a Hive Relay? Do you know the proper procedure for an Angel Drop? Do you know how to administer emergency medical treatment to injured people? Do you know how to comfort a kid who's just lost their family and home?" Hivemind stepped a bit closer and looked Hawk in the eyes. "A Bounty Hunter will rarely have to deal with even half of what Champions do. Your prior training and experience isn't enough. This is a new job, and it requires new training."

Hive took a step back, crossing his arms and considering Hawk. "And two more things. I know you want to get away from that life. That's why I'm giving you the chance at all. But if you want to get away from your old life, you have to unlearn some of what that old life taught you."

----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:12 am "We need to keep their attention until back up arrives, Hivemind," Corp replied , possibly too loudly. "We're registering survivors and... wait a minute," he paused. "How long have these things been here?"
"They were here before we got here," Keeva said, "and Pred's been fighting them a fair while. Deserves a promotion, Hive!"
"And nothing stops them," Corp added, ignoring the second part of Keeva's speech. "What's saving those people?"
"These creatures are strong, but they were unable to breach my armor." Predator observed as he reentered the atmosphere. "It's possible whatever they are hiding in is made of materials too sturdy for the creatures to break through."
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:17 pm "Yeah, hate to break it to you big guy, but I don't think any of us are going to be leaving until we know those people are safe." Liz said, unleashing a wave of cannon fire on some of the creatures. "Not to disrespect your authority, but I'm not willing these things finding those civilians. We're going to stick around and be a big, fat, juicy piece of bait until we know they're safe."
"I'm not telling you to abandon them!" Hivemind responded, sounding exasperated. "But you're in the drop zone for where I'm sending the reinforcements! If you don't pull out of it for a minute, your Ibis is going to get pelted by drop pods."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:12 am "<Dagrere here,>" said the security chief who'd previously worked with Zabta. <"Tell me where and I'll have it sealed off. How's the "President" doing?>" he added bitterly.
"It's a town just outside of Lakarian City. I believe it is called Hoga." Hivemind said. "We've encountered these creatures before. They're Monta inventions. Do not engage them. Conventional weapons only make them stronger, and they seem to have no limit to what they can survive. Just keep civilians out of the area and let my droids and Champions handle them."

"As for the imposter," Hivemind continued, "She's currently locked in a digital prison known as the Server where she is cooperating under the threat of me temporarily deleting her limbs. Don't worry too much about her."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:12 am The 'cart wars' rumbled on as Corvis angled to clash with Jaken and Jaken's previous target tried to upend Golten. "I don't remember the last time we got to a fun fair," Jenevive confided. "I tended to get a little paranoid about the shooting galleries... Education. What sort of classes get taught here? I mean, looking at all these cultures, there can't possibly be enough hours in the day to learn all that's needed."
"Well, you've got your basic classes like math, science, and reading, but then you also get classes specifically designed to teach you how to think for yourself, and classes that teach you about life in the different districts on the Beacon. Education's geared towards preparing people to be free-thinking independent adults. There are also plenty of culture classes, but each culture sort of needs a few classes to itself, and it'd be impossible to teach everyone the history, language, and culture of every group on the Beacon. As such, they're electives, but you need to pick a few of them..." The Lycan explained.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:12 am "Well," Hannabelle replied with a chuckle, "I don't know if it's a downside or not but I've not been scoping for snipers during this walk..."
"An' I'm quite glad ya managed to find one anyway." Gear said, leaning over and kissing Hannabelle sweetly on the cheek.

Deske wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:21 pm "Yeah I'd like to see if I can't still build that brain chip that'll let you at least see the world through my eyes. Maybe Hive can build you a remote body that'll have all the bells and whistles too."
"I have a feeling if anyone can find a way around that whole 'leave this body and you'll explode' bit for me, it's Hivemind." MT said. "Perhaps we should be going. There is not really anything left to do in my garage, and a whole ship to explore out there."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:14 am Tatiana stalled for a moment, tilting her head. "Ah, these are sweet?" She looked upon the drink in contemplation, all the while idly wiping some broken bar stool off her new duster. "Sorry, assumed these would be like drinks from HQ. Every single one of those messed with my consistency something fierce... Besides, I wouldn't have a clue where to start otherwise, so your recommendation is as good as any other." She took the drink and kept it in her grasp, making no move to begin drinking just yet, as if mentally preparing for some reason.
"Oh! Um... Well, these drinks are pretty strong." Recon said, casually catching a thrown bottle and setting it down on the bar. "To be honest, I don't know how you'll react to it. My metabolism is really high, so it doesn't really effect me much, but I don't know how it'll react with a liquiform."

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:17 pm "That's not what I... You know what, never mind, just sign me up." Kolt said, deciding whatever he was going to say before wasn't worth it. At Hivemind's request, he pressed a few buttons on his watch, a cable port forming out of one of the sides, before sticking his hand out. "Be my guest."
Hivemind plugged into the port and started downloading the software needed to access the Hammerspace pocket. Once he was done, he unplugged. "Thank you. If you want, you can head down to the Champion Tower Gym if you want to train for the tournament. Eira's there now, and she'd love a sparring partner."

Deske wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:21 pm Colorado stifled a laugh at their reactions to Hive walking up behind them. "Yeah that'd be interesting to try out, but I dunno how the rest of them would react to it," he said to Conall, having finally stopping his laughter.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:02 am Conall had noticed the others reacting and had started to turn around and so isn't taken by surprise when Hivemind taps his shoulder.
"Oh. Hello, sir. Ah was just wonderin' aboot gettin' some trainin' wi' mah power, tha's all. And a job, if'n there are any available. Cailean was wonderin' th' same, especially th' job part. He isnae sure what guid his qualifications will dae him here." the laird explains.
"Although... We shuid put oor stuff in oor hoose before we dae tae much." he adds, shuffling his bundle slightly to better hide a pair of underpants.
"I can take all of your stuff to your house, if you would like." Hivemind said and signed to everyone. "As for training, that's easy enough. I can get you in for training later this evening, if you want. Several sections are currently reserved for training Champion recruits and for training for the Tournament later today, but once that's all done it'll be free. As for work, That's a little harder for me to help with. I personally do most public work myself, and there aren't really any positions I can think of for a computer specialist and a demoman outside of the Champions. Though, the offer to join the Champions still stands."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You could be right, Predator," Corp said, letting the Captain deal with Hivemind, "but we should still find out. Nothing else is built like you that I can see and someone was controlling that blocking signal."
------------------------
"Might have to call you 'Lucky', Pred. Lucky for the people still alive that you landed here, eh?"
-----------------------
<"Tell her,"> Dragere warned, <"that, if she doesn't co-operate, you'll hand her back to us. There are a few people who'd like words. Locals will cut off vehicular routes to the town. Can't do much about wandering hunters.>"
-------------------
"A lot of things for them to learn," Jenevive admitted as Corvis sideswiped Jaken into the wall buffers. "I'll have enough trouble just teaching Math!"
-------------------
"Ha," Hannabelle chuckled. "You win the soppy line award. We near them shops yet?"
------------------
Took me quite a bit t'master it too, Quint, Jenny encouraged. AND I didn't figure out I was pretty immune to the sound damage of loud noises for ages either.
-----------------
Sana let Denver lead the way and concentrated on not looking like a child out in the park with her father...
----------------
Cherry nodded to Hive. "That'd...<choo!> be great... Still got that <choo!>...hankie, love?" She asked Colorado.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:25 am "My brother - yes, my brother, Justus. I'm a human being, not just a machine - would have agreed with me. We have the no-killing rule because of him, because he could see everyone's past, present, and future, along every timeline they existed in. He knew exactly who they were, what they would do, when they would do it, and in the end he decided that we had no right to take their lives. He was omniscient. He could see every wicked thing in their lives, and every good thing they ever did as well." Hivemind snapped. "And I singled you out for good reason, clearly. You refuse to be trained because you think your gut, instinct, and prior experience is enough. You're cocky. Everything you knew, everything you trained to be, all of your experience as a bounty hunter? Hardly any of it translates at all into being a Champion. Do you know how to evacuate civilians from a disaster zone? Do you know how to install a Hive Relay? Do you know the proper procedure for an Angel Drop? Do you know how to administer emergency medical treatment to injured people? Do you know how to comfort a kid who's just lost their family and home?" Hivemind stepped a bit closer and looked Hawk in the eyes. "A Bounty Hunter will rarely have to deal with even half of what Champions do. Your prior training and experience isn't enough. This is a new job, and it requires new training."

Hive took a step back, crossing his arms and considering Hawk. "And two more things. I know you want to get away from that life. That's why I'm giving you the chance at all. But if you want to get away from your old life, you have to unlearn some of what that old life taught you."

Hawk stood there in silence as Hivemind spoke their mind about him, the urge to snap inching ever so closer to him. What gave Hivemind the right to accuse him of lack of knowledge of what to do in certain situations, he thought as Hivemind finished their verbal attack on him. "You know something?" Hawk sighed, "I'm so glad your brother's not here to see how much of a lying, self-righteous, piece of junk you've become. How dare you accuse me of being cocky and not knowing what to do! I been in situations that you'd only see in your nightmares and walked out of them with barely anything on my bones! I helped to evacuate a city that was going to be destroyed from orbit and personally went into the disaster zone to help the planet's military rescue any survivors, even helping with medical procedures on some who were to badly wounded to move! I rescued a child, whose whole family was slaughtered by a group of thugs, a group I was not even hired to go after! I then took that child, raised, and comforted it until I could find the right family, which turned out to be the brother of the child's father, to take him in. But you want to know something crazy? I took no money for protecting that child and bringing it to his new parents. Why? Because seeing that child's smile for the first time in who knows how long and knowing he was safe was payment enough for me! But no, all that doesn't matter to you, huh? You only see me as a cocky bounty hunter who cares more for himself then anyone else and who needs to be trained to trust that a machine is right and, if we question it, we are just as bad as the enemy. Right?"

Hawk shook his head, "That child is the reason why I wanted to join this merry band of heroes. I realized there was more to life then taking lives and getting paid for doing it. The ability to know that someone innocent will live another day cause of my actions made me rethink my life and realize I should be helping and not hurting. Let me tell you this, I am really starting to regret ever thinking that because what happened when I came here? I get a robot telling me he doesn't trust me just because he focused more on the violent sections of my file instead of the sections where I wasn't violent who then puts me up against some Titan, who you said atomized a city-eating avatar of greed with a single punch, as a form of training, sorry, to make sure I never underestimate my opponents? I dealt with people like you many times and each one had the same beliefs you hold so dear to your core. But the fact that you have a literal walking nuke in the form of Titan that can never be beaten, even at zero percent power? I don't care who you are, everyone can be beaten, even Titan, so the fact that you make these claims and have it as part of Champion training?" While the change of topic back to the earlier training was a bit jarring, he usually would've did a better lead in, Hivemind had gotten Hawk that furious that he had to bring that moment up once more. But then, a smile then crossed his face as he laughed a small laugh, "You know something? You are right, I did underestimate my opponent. But it wasn't Titan I underestimated; It was you. Even someone as powerful as Titan has a breaking point and if I went for you instead, Titan would've *snapped*, which would've gave me the chance to get some actual damage done to it, showing that the opponent underestimated me instead of the other way around? And that ain't me being, what you claim, cocky. That's me being smart and realizing that anyone who has someone with that amount of power within working for them, I don't care what you call it, then I'm going for the employer and not the employee." His smile soon vanished as he returned to a stern look on his face whilst he turned to leave, "Who am I kidding? You still probably would've found a way to fail the training and label me as cocky, requiring more training. If you're done with your speech, I'll be on my way then."

*snapped* - Hawk snapped his fingers here
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado reached into a pocket and withdrew a handkerchief which he handed to Cherry. "Here you go. I'd recommend antihistamines, but I know those wouldn't work."
------
"Here we are," Denver said after walking around for a few minutes. He stopped in front of the kangaroo enclosure and peeked over the edge. "I used to feel bad that they were stuck in a cage but apparently it's pretty cool to just relax and get fed."
------
"He doesn't respond to calls inside if living areas, so we'll probably have to head outside,” Chris said, guiding them outside. "Hive?" he said to no one in particular.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana shrugged lightly, not caring for whatever debris from the brawl that flew her way. "I have higher hopes for this compared to anything back at the Rim." She said, shaking the drink lightly. "And I have seen a few other liquiforms partake in such drinks before, but again, not exactly a typical liquiform meself." Pausing for a moment Tatiana turned to Recon. "I don't even know how much of a metabolism I have."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:25 am "I can take all of your stuff to your house, if you would like." Hivemind said and signed to everyone. "As for training, that's easy enough. I can get you in for training later this evening, if you want. Several sections are currently reserved for training Champion recruits and for training for the Tournament later today, but once that's all done it'll be free. As for work, That's a little harder for me to help with. I personally do most public work myself, and there aren't really any positions I can think of for a computer specialist and a demoman outside of the Champions. Though, the offer to join the Champions still stands."
"Told ya." Cailean whispers to Sarah.

"What dae most people dae fer a livin' aroond here then?" Conall asks, curious.
"As tae th' Champions... Can ye tell us more aboot them? It seemed like they dae a lot o' fightin', frae what we saw on TV. Ah dinnae ken if we'd like tha'."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave a little smile as he put his hand back towards his side. "That sounds like a great idea. Eira's always seemed like she'd be an interesting sparring partner." He said, giving a little wave goodbye as he walked away. As he headed down the hall towards where he was pretty sure the gym was, he hummed the tune to a song he had overheard the other day.
--
"Indeed, though hopefully being able to pull upon your muscle memories should help me get a decent grasp on this before the tournament." Quint said, before he realized something. "Actually, do you even want to join the fighting tournament later today Jenny? I forgot to ask."
--
"We weren't saying that you wanted us to abandon them, just that the risk of... nevermind." Liz said, before turning up the dropships thrusters and flying out of the drop zone. "The semantics aren't worth it."

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:28 pm "You could be right, Predator," Corp said, letting the Captain deal with Hivemind, "but we should still find out. Nothing else is built like you that I can see and someone was controlling that blocking signal."
"Are you suggesting what I think you are suggesting?" Predator asked over comms while he flew out of the drop zone.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:28 pm "Might have to call you 'Lucky', Pred. Lucky for the people still alive that you landed here, eh?"
"That might actually be appropriate, as copying a luck-based power was how I became sentient..."
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:49 pm "We weren't saying that you wanted us to abandon them, just that the risk of... nevermind." Liz said, before turning up the dropships thrusters and flying out of the drop zone. "The semantics aren't worth it."
Less than a minute after the Ibis was clear, the sky seemed to turn orange. Looking up, one would see hundreds of burning fireballs streaking through the sky towards the town as drop pods fell through the atmosphere. The pods beat the ground like a drum as they landed, smashing and burning the creatures left and right. The pods burst open, and droids of all kinds poured out. Fast moving androids with heavy metal fists burst forth, punching and beating the creatures, knocking them back and controlling their movements. Heavy androids carrying massive shields with ease marched out of their pods, stepping in line to surround the town. Some of the pods released swarms of small, insect-like robots that filled the sky and homed in on the monstrosities.

"Hopefully that will keep them occupied." Hivemind said over the Ibis comms. "Get down there and get any survivors out of this place. I'll cover you."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:28 pm <"Tell her,"> Dragere warned, <"that, if she doesn't co-operate, you'll hand her back to us. There are a few people who'd like words. Locals will cut off vehicular routes to the town. Can't do much about wandering hunters.>"
"She knows very well that I can't do that." Hivemind replied. "Besides, if she doesn't co-operate I can temporarily paralyze her and extract the information from her memory by force. It's a rather painful process, which I have been sure to tell her."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:28 pm "A lot of things for them to learn," Jenevive admitted as Corvis sideswiped Jaken into the wall buffers. "I'll have enough trouble just teaching Math!"
"What grade do you teach, by the way?" The Lycan asked, curious.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:28 pm "Ha," Hannabelle chuckled. "You win the soppy line award. We near them shops yet?"
Gear snickered at Hannabelle's assessment of his flirting. "Seems we did a big loop." He said, pointing forward to the same fork in the road that they took a left at before. "We taking a right this time?"

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:28 pm Cherry nodded to Hive. "That'd...<choo!> be great... Still got that <choo!>...hankie, love?" She asked Colorado.
"Do you perhaps need some medicine?" Hivemind asked.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:49 am "Told ya." Cailean whispers to Sarah.

"What dae most people dae fer a livin' aroond here then?" Conall asks, curious.
"As tae th' Champions... Can ye tell us more aboot them? It seemed like they dae a lot o' fightin', frae what we saw on TV. Ah dinnae ken if we'd like tha'."
"Well, most people work for private businesses, particularly in the arts." Hivemind said. "If you're looking for computer work, you'll find plenty of game developers, animation studios, and digital media companies looking for people. You could also find some phone and private computer companies, and pretty much every company has a website they need to make and maintain. Other companies do most of their work with robots, which need programming and maintenance. So there is work out there. As for explosives, the knowledge of chemistry could be helpful in certain fields..."

Hivemind continued, answering the next question. "Champions certainly do a lot of fighting. However, they are a hero group. They aren't cops. Their job is to save lives, not fight crime. Champions evacuate civilians from disaster zones. They provide medical aid to the sick and food to the hungry. Their job is to give people hope."

------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:18 pm *Hawk Incoherently yelling at Hivemind*
"I'm not done yet." Hivemind said with an exhausted sigh. "You keep saying that I labeled you as cocky because you were a bounty hunter. You say that I singled you out and didn't even try giving you a fair chance. You think that I singled you out. Did you forget that you weren't the only one I put against Titan? You had a partner in that fight. You think he was a bounty hunter too? He wasn't. One of you was a bounty hunter. One of you was pretty much a civilian. Yet I put both of you against the strongest Champion I had available, a champion who breaks reality through sheer strength alone. What did you two have in common? When the two of you signed up, you were both confident in your abilities. Too confident. You both were acting like you believed yourselves to be the biggest sharks in the ocean. I gave you warning that the fight was going to be against someone stronger, and neither of you seemed to take it to heart until Titan thoroughly thrashed you both. I told you it was going to be a fight against someone stronger than you, but you still fought them recklessly like you intended to overpower them with force alone. You believed you were stronger. So did your partner. You didn't fail training because you lost the fight. You failed because you didn't learn. You demonstrated overconfidence in the fight, and you still demonstrate it now by refusing to undergo further training. You are so confident that your experience is enough that you are refusing to undergo a process that even our most experienced veterans go through. You are so confident in your own gut and your own instinct, an instinct that didn't exactly help you in that fight, that you are willing to break our most important rule and defy orders the moment your instinct tells you I'm wrong." Hivemind paused for a moment, apparently calming down. "I'm not calling you cocky because you're a bounty hunter. I'm not going after you for what you used to do. We have plenty of reformed people in the champions. I'm calling you cocky because you have demonstrated overconfidence at every turn, and you refuse to acknowledge it. You want to reform? You need to recognize your own weaknesses. Not just your opponents' weaknesses, yours."

------------------------
Deske wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:04 pm "He doesn't respond to calls inside if living areas, so we'll probably have to head outside,” Chris said, guiding them outside. "Hive?" he said to no one in particular.
A nearby hive droid, sure enough, heard the call and walked up to them, waving. "Hello, Chris. Hello, MT. Can I help you?"

------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:25 pm Tatiana shrugged lightly, not caring for whatever debris from the brawl that flew her way. "I have higher hopes for this compared to anything back at the Rim." She said, shaking the drink lightly. "And I have seen a few other liquiforms partake in such drinks before, but again, not exactly a typical liquiform meself." Pausing for a moment Tatiana turned to Recon. "I don't even know how much of a metabolism I have."
"Well- Oh!" Recon started, but one of the brawlers, a rather skinny looking human, stumbled into her.

"Ah! A Champion! U-uh... Maybe I should-" he stammered.

"Don't be silly! You're doing great!" Recon stood the man back up and pushed him back into the fight.

"Wha- wait! Ah!" he said before he vanished into the incoherent chaos of the brawl.

"He'll be fine." Recon waved dismissively, then picked up her drink. "Whelp! Bottoms up!"

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:49 pm Kolt gave a little smile as he put his hand back towards his side. "That sounds like a great idea. Eira's always seemed like she'd be an interesting sparring partner." He said, giving a little wave goodbye as he walked away. As he headed down the hall towards where he was pretty sure the gym was, he hummed the tune to a song he had overheard the other day.
As he reached the gym, Kolt would hear the sounds of a scuffle, shortly before the door to the gym exploded open. A large alien, skin of stone and easily eight feet tall, flew out head first, apparently having been launched into the door. The massive alien sailed across the hall and was embedded headfirst into the wall opposite of the door.

"Oops." Eira, who was standing in the middle of a boxing ring situated in the center of the gym, stepped over the broken ring ropes and jogged over to the stone alien. "Come on, man! You were supposed to keep your hands up!"

The alien said something, but what it was was muffled due to his face currently being buried in a wall. Eira helped dislodge him, and he staggered to his feet, stumbled, and held his head in his hand. "I did... urgh... I think I need a medic..."

Eira sighed. "Alright... Infirmary is down the hall. Guess I'll just have to find a new training part-" Eira turned and noticed Kolt standing there as the alien staggered towards the infirmary. Eira blinked once or twice.

Suddenly she took Kolt by the arm and pulled him into the gym. "You'll do!" she said with a wag of her tail.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Probably," Corp replied to the 'drone'. "Either they have some protection we need to know about or there's a different reason they're not being attacked. We should find out which."
-----------------------------
"Whose powers," Keeva asked. "And I think it's lucky for everyone, Pred."
----------------------------
"<Well,>" Dragere admitted, "<it's nice to have a threat to play. Wait... Hoga? Where have I heard that recently..? One moment,>" he added, "<I just need to check something.>"
---------------------------
"Oh, I'm with the ten and eleven years old," Jenevive said. "I'm not sure what grades those are here. Of course my main nightmare is that, sooner or later..." Corvis crashed into Golten. "...I get them."
--------------------------
"We could always get 'lost' in some bushes. Like them young cubs," she said, inclining her head towards a pair in the distance, doing some canoodling where they thought they couldn't be seen.
-------------------------
Jenny laughed inside her own head. Sounds an idea. she admitted, seeing what I can do without thinking about it. I'll say 'yes' but reserve the right to back out if Kolt wants me to watch with him, OK?
------------------------
"Knowitall," Sarah whispered back, before giving Cailean a small kiss on the cheek to 'end' the discussion (a move which would probably fail)
-----------------------
Cherry stood up, ready to move. "It's not..." she sneezed into the hankie. "...quite an illness... Hive. It's a... pregnancy symptom wi...with us. Like Humans... morning sickness. But... i think there's a sup...sup...suppresant!" She groaned somewhat. "Which might be a relief." She decided to keep the hankie until she could get it washed.
----------------------
"Oh," Sana said, peering over the rail at the inhabitants. "Oh, I've heard of these," she said, pointing to one of them. "They're, um... Mouseupials. The young get born, then live in the pouch for a while, which is full of a sort of edible slime. Disgusting and kinda cool."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:00 pm "I'm not done yet." Hivemind said with an exhausted sigh. "You keep saying that I labeled you as cocky because you were a bounty hunter. You say that I singled you out and didn't even try giving you a fair chance. You think that I singled you out. Did you forget that you weren't the only one I put against Titan? You had a partner in that fight. You think he was a bounty hunter too? He wasn't. One of you was a bounty hunter. One of you was pretty much a civilian. Yet I put both of you against the strongest Champion I had available, a champion who breaks reality through sheer strength alone. What did you two have in common? When the two of you signed up, you were both confident in your abilities. Too confident. You both were acting like you believed yourselves to be the biggest sharks in the ocean. I gave you warning that the fight was going to be against someone stronger, and neither of you seemed to take it to heart until Titan thoroughly thrashed you both. I told you it was going to be a fight against someone stronger than you, but you still fought them recklessly like you intended to overpower them with force alone. You believed you were stronger. So did your partner. You didn't fail training because you lost the fight. You failed because you didn't learn. You demonstrated overconfidence in the fight, and you still demonstrate it now by refusing to undergo further training. You are so confident that your experience is enough that you are refusing to undergo a process that even our most experienced veterans go through. You are so confident in your own gut and your own instinct, an instinct that didn't exactly help you in that fight, that you are willing to break our most important rule and defy orders the moment your instinct tells you I'm wrong." Hivemind paused for a moment, apparently calming down. "I'm not calling you cocky because you're a bounty hunter. I'm not going after you for what you used to do. We have plenty of reformed people in the champions. I'm calling you cocky because you have demonstrated overconfidence at every turn, and you refuse to acknowledge it. You want to reform? You need to recognize your own weaknesses. Not just your opponents' weaknesses, yours."
Hawk, however, didn't respond to Hivemind, let alone acknowledge it completely. He knew, deep down, he was right in what he told him. "Tell Titan to return to the arena and I will not take No for an answer," He said once Hivemind was done as he stepped into the nearby lift, "If you want a better demonstration of what I can do, minus my so-called 'overconfidence'? Let Titan be at max power: No limiters, no armor, nothing. Just me and Titan." With that, the doors closed and lift headed back to where Hawk's day basically began; The armory. As the lift traveled, his OtherSide quietly sighed; "Hawk," it thought to itself, "I know what you're doing and what you have planned. However, Hivemind is also correct; your overconfidence is one of your weaknesses. If you are planning to show Hivemind what we can do...then I fear for what tomorrow will hold for us once you make the first step."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana watched the human vanish into the brawl before shrugging and raising her own drink. "Grand ol' cheers then." She raised the drink to her Cheshire smile before stopping, grabbing her jaw and twisting it until the familiar crack sounded, letting her open her mouth. She quickly raised her drink again before taking a considerable sip.

For a moment she had no reaction, positive or negative to the drink, until she swiftly placed the drink down and began to shake, somewhat violently, before quickly stilling. She looked at her drink, her eye lights glowing lightly red. "Oh, now that's nice." She took another drink, only this time not followed by any shaking.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt took being forcibly dragged into a fighting arena by a woman who had just thrown a massive rock man through a steel door and imbedded him into wall on the other side rather well. If anything, he almost looked nostalgic about it. "Believe it or not, you're far from the most insistent sparring partner I've had." He said, checking his wrist to make sure she hadn't bruised it. "So what kinda of sparring do you want to do? I assume it has something to do with that roped off platform over there?"
--
"I do not have a problem with that, though I think it is likely that Kolt will want to participate in the tournament himself. It is possible that we could wind up fighting him in one of the matches, though I think he would rather forfeit than let that happen, especially after this morning." Quint said, readying up another round of targets as he did so. "Back to the subject of power testing, do you know if it is possible to decrease the kinetic power of your blasts in exchange for increasing the volume? The ability to make them PURE sound would likely open up numerous additional applications."
--
As soon as Hivemind gave the word, Liz immediately turned the dropship around and flew back towards the city. "Predator, you were the one who first pointed out that bunker full of survivors, right? Can you tell use where to head to?" Liz asked as she flew between two of the larger androids fighting the abominations.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean is successfully distracted by Sarah and almost misses Hivemind's words.
"Ah dae like chemistry! Ah used tae mak' mah own fireworks, ye ken, an' ye needed tae ken haow tae mix things just right tae produce different effects an' different colours wi'oot th' shell just explodin' on ye. But... Haow wuid ye hae me use those skills? Ah dinnae think a fireworks display inside a ship would be a good idea..."

"Ah dae like th' idea o' givin' people hope." Conall signs carefully.
"It sounds more interestin' than just runnin' a website. Ah could dae tha' in mah sleep."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters