Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

Ulrich crossed his arms, "You could have saved us a lot of trouble. But, I am glad you came to your senses. Such rage is not good to hold onto." He placed a hand on the young man's shoulder in a comforting manner, "I look forward to seeing you on the streets once you are out of the reformation center."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"That's a nice name. Thank you, Ms Miles." He flinched when Ulrich put his hand on his shoulder. Seems like he sustained an injury after all as his shoulder was bleeding. He took in a sharp breath before responding. "It beats prison. Though... Am I safe to be on the streets again? What if all of... this..." he waves at the carnage inflicted during the necromantic rampage "...comes back? I don't know what caused it... I don't even fully know how to control it."

"That will be a part of the reformation process. Learning how to be a productive and safe member of society is part of it. You will have to serve time and you will probably have to help clean up the mess you've made, but we will work with you and figure those things out." The Lycan said, holding his side. "nngh... I think I cracked a rib... Ugh, I am getting old..."

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't want to hurt any of you. I couldn't control that thing though. I thought I could, but... I don't think there is any way of controlling something like that."

"We should get out of here. Ow... First though," He turned to Rika, "I think a few of us could use your help, Doc."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika was already on it, kneeling beside Jacob with a green capsule in her latex gloved hands and an opened green pod by her side. She first checked Jacob's shoulder, pushing Ulrich's hand and Jacob's clothing out the way to see the damage. One medium-sized jagged cut parallel to the shoulder. She washed the cut with a disinfectant swab from her green pod before giving him a green pill from the capsule. "Take this and that cut will heal right up." She said to him simply, patting the opposite shoulder before turning to Jenny. She studied the arm without touching it at first. "No signs of any other injury.. Alright Jenny, I'm going to move your arm a bit." She then gently took the arm and aligned it to the shoulder. "Ok, now this next part is going to hurt a lot.. You ready?" She awaited Jenny's response before firmly pushing the arm into her, a soft popping sound could be heard from Jenny's shoulder to anyone close. "There, now take this and the pain will subside, I promise." She gave her a second green pill before pushing herself up off the floor. "Your next, Lycan. Arms up!" She stepped over to him and carefully started to press on his torso, checking which rib could be fractured or broken. "..Third, fourth.. Ah! Fourth rib, left side, compound fracture. Take one of these and all should be right as rain." She handed him a third green pill before turning to the group. "Alright, Is anyone else in need of medical attention?"
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol tromped over to the group, one of her arms hanging limp, the connected shoulder looking misshapen. Once she was next to them, she sat down and wrenched that arm at an odd angle, returning her shoulder to it's proper shape and getting it moving again. "Can we get out of here now now? This place, tunnels for the dead... This is wrong." she complains, her tone having the unnerved edge to it again.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan swallowed the pill and immediately felt the pain in his rib go down. He found it easier to breath now as well. "Thanks Rika." He walked over and pulled Jacob, who's shoulder injury was pulling itself together, and helped him up. "Yeah, let's get out of here. Next stop is Champion Headquarters. We'll drop Mr. Baker off with Hivemind who will take care of things from there." He said as he led the group out. "Then I'll show all of you to your rooms. I suggest you wash up. Every one of us is covered in zombie bits, and I don't really want to know what... this stuff... is." He flicked some gooey snake-slime off of him as he walked.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well that hurt," Jenny said, barely suppressing other words that were written all over her face as her shoulder was relocated. With her incisors, she'd ground and sparked her teeth until it lessened following the pill that hadn't exploded her. "I'll visit you when I get clearance, OK, Mr Baker?" She followed the others out as her guns pinged quietly. "NOW Armour Piercing is recharged," she said drily.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana followed alongside the group, feeling tired from the mission, though compared to some of the others was not near as filthy, "Exciting first day." She turned towards Jenny as her guns recharged, "Not like they would have helped too much. Snake was too big and durable aside from the points we exploited anyway." She turned back down the way they were walking, "I'm more interested in where Odium and those chains of light that were holding him back went. Well, that and actually getting to my room to somewhat relax."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Good shooting, by the way," Jenny called to Tatiana. "And thanks again for the catch."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well that hurt," Jenny said, barely suppressing other words that were written all over her face as her shoulder was relocated. With her incisors, she'd ground and sparked her teeth until it lessened following the pill that hadn't exploded her. "I'll visit you when I get clearance, OK, Mr Baker?" She followed the others out as her guns pinged quietly. "NOW Armour Piercing is recharged," she said drily.
"Thank you, Ms. Miles. I would appreciate that." Jacob responded.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana followed alongside the group, feeling tired from the mission, though compared to some of the others was not near as filthy, "Exciting first day." She turned towards Jenny as her guns recharged, "Not like they would have helped too much. Snake was too big and durable aside from the points we exploited anyway." She turned back down the way they were walking, "I'm more interested in where Odium and those chains of light that were holding him back went. Well, that and actually getting to my room to somewhat relax."
"That reminds me. Congratulations on not only surviving the World-Eater Serpent, but beating it. It took two armies and a demigod to put it down the first time." The Lycan said as they got closer to the exit. "As for Odium, odds are he went nowhere. Literally nowhere. It's a metaphysical being. Most of it's existence is abstract, not concrete."

Pretty soon, they got to the exit. "Hivemind, if you could open the door directly to headquarters, that would be appreciated." The Lycan asked the door. It beeped and opened and The Lycan walked through, holding onto Mr. Baker firmly as they went. He found himself in the large and open entry hall to the Champion Headquarters. There were a few people there who turned and stared at the people entering through the portal door. The Lycan couldn't blame them. Most of the group was coated in a layer of stinking goodness-knows-what, so he could see why they were giving the group a wide berth. A Hive droid walked up to them.

"Is this him?" He said, somewhat angrily.
"Yeah. Honestly though, he isn't a bad person. He's just a man who misses his family. He claims the incident was sparked by him seeing his own killer on the streets. I suggest putting him in a reformation facility until his trial."
"Should have thought about that before he fried my relay and plunged a city of unstable people into an undead apocalypse."
The man looked shocked. "Wait, what? I... I didn't attack the relay! I don't know what you are talking about!"
"I suppose you're going to tell me you weren't controlling the dead either."
"Yes... No... Sort of? I didn't know how to control them. They just rose around me. I just knew they would find my killer and..." He started to cry again. "At first I tried to stop them... but all I could think of was that... monster. The more I thought about it, the more I just..."
"...Couldn't think of anything else?"
"Y...yeah."
Hivemind looked at him silently, considering him. It was like he was scanning him, which in all honestly was probably what Hivemind was actually doing. "What about the rest of you." He said to the rest of the group. "Care to explain what happened down there?"
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a shrug towards the Hivemind bot, "We found him deep in the catacombs, he was pretty adamant about finding and making his killer pay, but half way into the fight with the giant snake I guess he regained his mind for the most part. Guess he snapped back to reality when the snake started doing it's own thing and tried to 'protect' him in its' mouth." She let out a modulated yawn, "Honestly went better than I'd expect for a zombie apocalypse."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded in agreement, "That sounds about right. He had a change of heart once the snake began to be somewhat less than responsive. I don't think he's a bad guy."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"...Snake? The only snake down there is... But that means..." He looked at them for a second, then started to rub his forehead tiredly. "Dang it, stop doing things that make me want to give you raises! There's only so many raises I can give!" He looked back up. "Anything else unusual happen down there?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Besides the fact that there's apparently a bunch of rules you didn't tell me about?" Kol commented flatly, scowling at the machine from her position near the back of the group. "Or is that normal?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"A situation developed," Jenny stated. "We dealt with it in a way that resolved the issue and got us a potential ally for the future. The team's good. Unconventional but maybe that's just me?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Rules...? Oh." The robot slapped himself in the forehead. "Forgive me. It slipped my mind. Normally that is something that is handled in or before orientation, but you're introduction was... unorthodox. At any given moment I have over 14 trillion conscious thoughts, and at that moment a good 10 trillion of them were some variation of 'Holey **** there's a zombie apocalypse happening in the most unstable city on the ship,' so I was somewhat distracted." He turned to Jenny and smiled. "Very true. I think the team shows a great deal of promise. You all kept surprising me throughout the entire mission. I have just transferred six hundred thousand credits into each of your accounts. This covers the payment for the job, the hidden severity bonus, extra for surviving... the thing who's name should not be mentioned where others can hear, more extra for putting the World-Eater Serpent down, and some extra as a sort of investment. Honestly, you did the work of four teams on your first day. Keep surprising me until I go broke, alright?"

Meanwhile, a second security drone was talking with Mr. Baker and The Lycan. "I know there is more that needs to be said. You've got that look that says you have something to tell me."
"There were civilians down in the Catacombs. They were locked in a room with a group of undead, but the zombies seemed to leave them alone."
"That makes sense. The Catacombs were in lockdown, and I can't see properly down there, save for a few special areas. Anyone who was down there when lockdown started would have been stuck. I also saw some of the same in the Necropolis. The undead ignoring civilians, that is." He looked at Jacob. "I believe you, Mr. Baker. I have an idea as to what happened. You still need to serve time for the desecration of graves, assault, and destruction of property, but you can do so in a reformation center as opposed to a prison. And Lycan, we will need to discuss this more later."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika was taken aback at the mission's payment. "S-Six hundred.." She murmured to herself, unable to say much else.

Totally speechless!
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"The money's largely an irrelevance," Jenny commented, setting the safeties back on her weapons. "Except for living expenses and jetpak lessons. I'll have to think of something to do with it. Thank you, sir."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol made a mental note to look up what 'credits' were later... hopefully some kind of currency. also how big they were, as picking up that many from the local metalworkers would probably require a sack... or a cart... or a convoy of them. that number sounded big.

It probably didn't help that the numbers were confusing given they were being translated as things like 'fourteen hundred hundred hundred hundred hundred hundred' due to limited vocabulary....

for now she just has a confused expression... again.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"They pay us for doing the job, Kol," Jenny explained, patting her big colleague's arm. "If you want to know if it's a lot?" She nodded towards Rika. "The stunned expression on her face should tell you it is."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"That is a lot of money. You all provided a greater service than I can express to everyone on this ship and beyond. However, make sure you use it wisely and save as much as you can. Many jobs Champions go on result in a large amount of damages, and whomever is responsible needs to be able to pay for repairs. Some more reckless champions have been known to go in debt because they do more damage than they can afford to fix." He gave as a small warning. "Anyway, that was the only job I had for you today. Your homes are on the upper floors of this building. They are all custom designed for your personal comfort. Rika, you already have a home, but because you are a Champion now you also have a custom room here. You can use it as you like but are by no means required to live there. Kol, I would like to speak with you so I will lead you to your temporary home personally. It is currently six o-clock pm. I suggest you take as much time as you need cleaning up, then you have some time to go out and do whatever you feel like doing."

The Lycan, after having spoken to the other hive droid, walked up to the group. "All right. Once you are all done getting clean, we can meet up in the food court if you want. Discuss things that happened today, get to know each other, that sort of thing. Morgan should be back pretty soon, so you'd get to meet her as well." He shrugged. "Your choice. It could be fun."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll need to check in with the security Chief as well - if you have one. The notes were rather ambiguous on that one," Jenny noted, picking... something off her shoulder and tossing it away. "Out of politeness at least. Show my face, promise help and not to tred on their toes. That sort of thing."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika nods. "That is correct Hive, and I will be heading to my old place to pick up my things to move them over. I'll have to talk to you about getting some specific furniture moved to my new place too.. Another day, of course. Oh, and sure Lycan I'll meet you there. See you guys later!" With that, she turned to walk out the building stopping at the door to punch in some numbers before stepping through.
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich simply nodded at the amount of money they were getting. He too, didn't really know what to say, but deep down he was super excited to buy some furniture for his room, if it didn't have it of course. His attention turned to the Lycan as soon as Hivemind stopped speaking, "I will be there too. It has been a day since I have eaten anything but shuttle food."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Kol, I would like to speak with you so I will lead you to your temporary home personally. It is currently six o-clock pm.
Following along after Hivemind Kol waited until they were out of earshot of the others... well, all of them but the one who had been nonsensical statements that the translator had told her were 'sound puns' during the entire walk back, she wasn't sure if his hearing had a limit.

"What did you need to talk about?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"See you later, Rika!" The Lycan waves at her as she leaves, handing her a card with her room number on it as she passes him. "Well, Jenny, you've met two of the three of them." He smiled. "Hivemind manages most security decisions. I'm the more personal side of things. I train Champion recruits, interact with the public, and do most things that involve person-to-person interactions and diplomacy. Morgan is the third one. She's there to enforce the rules and take down any rouge champions. You will be able to meet her if you come to dinner with us." he said as he started walking down the hall. "Again, the cards I gave you all earlier have your room numbers. Just take the elevators up and find your room." With that, he entered an elevator and hit the button for the top floor. "See you in the lobby in about forty five minutes, all right?" he waved to the group as the door started to slide shut.

He took the elevator up to his home. It was a penthouse apartment with a view of the city park in the capitol district. There was horror movie memorabilia from all of the classics. He had a game console hooked up to a 3D tv in the main room with horror games in it. One corner was dedicated to martial arts training with weights, mats, punching bags, and even a miniature boxing ring. The Lycan immediately went to the restroom and climbed in the shower, where he used the entire contents of five bottles of shampoo trying to get all of the zombie goo out of his fur. When he was done, he got changed into some new clean clothes and considered burning his old ones. He checked the clock. There was still some time before he needed to head out again, so he waited there.

-----------------------------------

Hivemind led Kol into one of the elevators and pushed the up button. "I am sorry I didn't tell you about the rules. Would you like me to explain them to you now, or would you rather wait until tomorrow? Also, I should probably explain how currency here works. It might be a bit confusing for you due to some differences in technology and culture."

When the Champions reach their apartments, they will find each one already custom furnished to fit their individual needs.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Answers can wait. you're bad at answers. I STILL have a headache from your first attempt at answers." Kol grumbled in answer to his first question.

"Well, I'm used to trading colored stones for things, The wider the variety of the metal present, the more it's worth... also the prettier the colors are..." Kol explains, tucking a claw under her shirt then bringing it back out holding what appear to be a pair of nickel-sized rubies, one red one orange, both with some kind of runic glyph chemically etched onto their surface. "these are eight and [error number invalid] droq."

Kol pauses for a second, pulling out the translator and growling the word it messed up at it, slower. Getting the error message again this time in her language, she and the device have a brief conversation where it seems to be getting her to count before beeping again. "[Base number corrected from 10 to 16.]" the little machine states, with Kol just rolling her eyes, before putting it back on the belt like bit on the side of her shirt. "Like I said, sixteen droq."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I see." He thought for a moment. She was correct, he was absolutely horrible at explaining things in a way she could understand. The technology of the ship was far too advanced. In order to explain the digital currency they used, he would have to explain what digital things were, then what computers were, then who knows what else. He felt that, for now, he should explain how to instead use BoH credits. "Well, here it's... different. You get this card, and the card represents how much money you have. It has a sort of record on it that you can't see, but machines can. When you spend money, you put the card in a sort of machine that updates the record of how much money you have. Whatever you spent is subtracted from your total and added to the total of whomever you paid. The value of this money is backed up by the money and goods we get from trading with the worlds we visit. I know that's pretty complicated, but it beats having to haul around bits of metal or gems. Does that make any sense?" The elevator dinged and the door opened up to a new floor. Hivemind led Kol to the door to her room. "Unfortunately because I know very little about you and where you come from, we will need to work on decorating the room to fit your needs together."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich pulled out the card with his room number on it out from his pocket as he stepped into the elevator and rode it to the floor his room was on. Once it reaches his floor he stepped out of the elevator and into his own room. He was pretty amazed at what he saw. It was practically everything he needed to unwind after a day. Though the punching bag was a bit much since he generally preferred to head to the gym if he was going to do any practicing, on the off chance that someone there could give him any tips on his form.
He moved into the bedroom and it was a little exciting not having to duck under doorframes like in his old apartment. He ran a hand across the bedspread, feeling it's softness. There was a TV on the wall and a rather up to date looking computer situated at a desk on the far wall. He looked out the window at the vast void of space and smiled, still feeling that old sense of wonder he had whenever he looked at the night sky as a child. There was a clock on the wall and he noted the time before hopping into the shower.
It was mostly a quick in and out since he didn't really get that dirty. He dried himself off with a towel and hung it back up before getting dressed in his normal attire: a regular t-shirt, though this one had the name of a somewhat prominent esports team on it, jeans and boots.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded and started moving towards an available elevator, "Simple relaxing meal sounds good. Have some talk that isn't awkward first meeting talk or middle of potential danger talk. See ya." She gave a wave as she punched in the button to take her to the floor with he room. As Tatiana stepped into her new home she glanced around. It was simple, not much in substance, only the basics, the objects to stand out most was a computer and TV. She didn't have much interest in extravagant furnishings, mainly because she never really had a chance to acquire such tastes in her years of mercenary work. She laid her rifle onto a rack on a wall. Perhaps this will be the chance to acquire such tastes.

She stepped in the shower and let the water wash over her armored shell, she never had much need for showers, and even though she hadn't even come into contact with the undead she felt the need for it. Besides, showers calmed her, they were more for her mind than anything. She knew that the meetup was still a bit away. She decided to stay under the flowing water just a bit longer...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

It seems medical have finished filing Kol's records from this morning. a few interesting tidbits might catch Hivemind's eye. Mostly the fact that the ratio of metals in her blood is all wrong by human standards, and some theories on how this would effect her dietary requirements.

- - - - -

"That's... A strange way of doing things." Kol comments, only half understanding what hivemind even said. It sounded vaguely like the notes that had started being used in some of the bigger settlements, but you weren't allowed to change how much those said they were worth...

Once in the room though, Kol comments "It's a bit bright... is there any thing you have i can use to cover those things?" pointing at the windows?
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

When Rika finally got to her apartment, she headed straight for the bathroom to jump in the shower. When she was stripped down and under the water, the realisation that she was finally in the Champions and that just for her first mission she was being paid more than she made in a year of nursing came to the forefront of her mind. "Ahh.. Today. Is. Amazing!!" She cheered, starting to dance on the spot to her favorite song in her head. She even sang it a little. "..If you gave me a chance I will take it~! It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it~! Know with all~ of your heart you can't shake me! When I am with you there's no place I'd rather be~!!"

Once she was all finished, she dried herself and put on her casual attire before putting what she was wearing before into her backpack. After that, she gathered most of her personal belongings into cardboard boxes and stacked them by the front door. "There.. Last one. Hm, more boxes than I thought.. Going to have to move these later.. Maybe ask a couple Hives to help.." She checked the time on her wrist-computer. "Mmm, still a little while off.. Eh, who said you can't be early?"

And with that, she headed out the door to make her way back to HQ, humming and singing as she went. "Hmhm! No place I'd rather be~!"

*(The song, if your wondering, is Rather Be by Clean Bandit)
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny stepped into her room and blinked. There was a motorcycle in there. OK, so she'd requested her bike be brought up but she'd figured it would be stored in a vehicle bay. She shrugged. Probably just a form she'd forgotten about. There had been rather a lot of them. She made her way to the bedroom and checked the wardrobe and weapons chest before peeling off her outfit and consigning it to the incinerator.

She left herself under the shower for about five minutes, cleaning herself from tip to toe to tail with a gel that declared it smelled of strawberries. Jenny made a note to see if she could prosecute the company over false advertising and ran the dryer over herself. A dinner invite to meet a Security chief? That was a new one and yet another sign that things weren't run the usual way on this ship. Having wasted enough time in the water, she dressed again in a black, open breasted suit with a white shirt and, in her one concession to off-duty, a plain silver necklace. She pinned an IOC badge to her lapel and attached a clean pouch belt around her middle before taking out a standard issue blaster, setting it to stun and secure locking it into the belt holster. She'd arrange for the other guns to be moved to base along with her combat suit, which was currently in the wardrobe. She sat back for a few moments and got her bad novel out. By the time she'd finished the chapter it was time to head back. So she did.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan lay on the bed for a while until he looked at his clock and saw it was about ten minutes until he needed to leave. He got up and went back into the bathroom. He looked in the mirror and concentrated. The small muscles under his skin retracted his fur, leaving slightly tan skin exposed. He strained as his ears pulled down and shrank in size and his snout seemed to shrink as well. His long, sharp claws retracted partly into his fingers. He looked mostly human. Now for the final touches. He opened up the mirror cabinet and pulled out a small box. Opening it, he pulled out some colored contact lenses and false nails to cover his large irises and clawed hands. He looked at the mirror and was satisfied that he looked sufficiently like a middle aged human. He checked the clock again and, seeing that it was time to leave, he departed and took the elevator back down to the lobby.

Upon reaching the lobby, he saw that Rika and Jenny were already there. "Hey there. I guess we're a little early." He said to the two of them.

"Sorry. Like I said, I don't know much about what you are used to, so I just started with a basic room." The window grew dim as curtains seemed to materialize from nothing. The room was dark and dry and exactly 0 Celsius. She also would see a few things that were unusual, such as the indoor plumbing and appliances, as well as furniture that was... odd. It would look similar to the bone furniture she was used to, but made of synthetic, softer materials. The chairs were designed with oddly shaped backs to take into account her unique body structure. There was a couch that was similarly designed to conform to her physiology. Kol might notice that her "metalskinned" friend's breath was not showing in the cold, as he had no breath to show.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich stepped back into the bathroom after he'd finished getting dressed and ran a comb through his hair a couple times, doing the same with his beard. Once he was satisfied that he didn't look like a hobo he made his way out of the room and took the elevator down to the food court. Upon his arrival he noticed that Jenny, Rika and Randy were all there. He gave them a wave a large, "Hello!"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Wait, covers just appear?" Kol asked, confused. "no one has to go get them?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's usually best to steal a March," Jenny explained, not feeling like confessing to having been bored after the action.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yes, they do. I'm not going to explain how that works because only about ten people in the known universe actually understand it." He said. "We'll just say that the room is special and that if you tell me how to make it, I can make it look however you want it to. Within reason." he added.

-----------------------

"Hey Ulrich." he waved when Ulrich entered the lobby. "That's a good idea to follow Jenny. Best to get there early to avoid being late, right?" He said.

The portal door they entered through earlier opened up and someone walked through. The person was a little over six feet tall and was clad completely in navy blue body armor. The armor was sleek and streamlined in design, with the wearer's identity obscured by a full helmet. It had an ice blue trim and a symbol resembling a hurricane adorned the left side of the breastplate as well as the shoulders. The armored person saw the group and walked over.

"Morgan!" Randy (who is in human form) greeted the mystery person. "Everyone, this is my wife, Morgan, also known by the codename 'Tempest'. Morgan, these are some of the new recruits!"

Morgan pulled the helmet off to reveal a middle aged woman with a pleasant, yet average face. She had aqua blue eyes and mid-length jet black hair that was somewhat messed up from wearing the helmet. She gave a friendly smile to the group. "Pleased to meet you."
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana had just sat in her room for awhile until it was close to time for the appointed meetup. She didn't really have any accessories or clothing to wear, but she felt some obligation to spiffy up, so she run a cloth over her Armored Shell, buffing it somewhat. After having buffed her armor so at least a better shine she made her way to the lobby. When she entered she saw some of the others being greeted by a woman in armor. She became intrigued by the armor, This being the first other person she's seen to wear such defenses. She gave a wave as she stepped beside the others.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think the honour is ours, ma'am," Jenny replied, offering the senior member a small bow of respect. "And I guess I don't need to 'check in' with the security Chief anymore."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich stepped over and extended a hand after the woman had introduced herself, "It is great to meet you as well."