Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

Ulrich's gauntlets lit up slightly and a curved bar of hard light appeared over the knuckles of each fist. It hovered there, casting a slight blue glow on his hands, "It's got a nice atmosphere," he joked, trying to keep the mood light.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan stared directly ahead. "It isn't supposed to be like this. The Necropolis is supposed to be beautiful and sunny almost all of the time. This kind of weather isn't good for the residents' mental health." He growled again. "Keep sharp. It isn't the fog that has me worried." He led the group forward.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana followed the Lyncan, drawing her rifle and activating the lowest setting of her helmets eye like lights, creating spot light like beams against the fog, "You have to admit though, for a place called Necropolis, this is much more fitting. Though, where did all this fog come from?" She said, feeling almost at home in the fog, if it weren't for the eerie atmosphere that came with it.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mmm," Jenny said after the Lycan finished. "a programmed atmosphere can't change itself. So where are the local controls?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan didn't answer. He was completely frozen in place, looking forward into the mist. His eyes were dilated and he was shaking. No matter how much he tried to hide it, he couldn't. Just ahead of the group, standing in the depths of the fog, was a dark, shadow-like figure.

The shadow was tall and near formless, almost like a gas or plasma, though it took a general humanoid shape. It was darker than the void, and seemed to radiate pure malice. It's very existence seemed to suck all of the light and warmth from the area. It turned it's piercing stare upon the group of Champions. Its eyes were hollow and sunken, somehow being even darker than the rest of it. This emptiness was broken only by sinister purple glowing in the depths of the creature's gaze. The eyes seemed to inject shards of corruption and pure hatred into the minds of all who looked upon them.

The Lycan planted himself between the creature and his group of recruits. He growled and snarled at the monster, baring his teeth. Literal venom dripped from his canines as if they were preparing to bite the shadow, like that would work.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

She could feel the cold seeping in, trying to touch what some would call the soul. She's never considered herself as having one, being the result of scientists interfering with what stood but it was trying to get in. She raised her weapons to cover it. "Miles," she said tightly, forgetting her current rank, "IOC. Identify yourself."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich was no stranger to cold, having a general enjoyment of the winter months. But this cold was different and he could feel it seeping into his bones. He steeled himself and, not really having much in the way of offense, drew himself to his full height. He kept his eyes on the figure, confident that his shields could stop whatever it might throw at him, but it was a theory he didn't want to test.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Meanwhile

Today is the day..

Rika thought to herself as she briskly walked through the capitol district, a large travel-suitcase trailing behind her. She stopped at a crosswalk and watched as a self-driving car rolled by, then continued across to her destination.

It was a transport hub entrance, a simple white box with a door in it. Rika didn't exactly enjoy using these, but if needs must..

She entered into the atrium, shaking off the dizzy feeling she always got when using a portal door. She much prefered the maglev.. But, after clearing her head, she saw what she was looking for. A Hivemind. She readied herself and walked towards the drone.

"Mr Hivemind, sir, may I speak with you a moment?" She asked as she came close. "It's about your proposition to me four years ago. I would like to change my answer.."
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The hive drone Rika was talking to turned and looked at her. "Oh! So you've decided to accept my invitation to join the Champions then?"

----------------------------------------

Hivemind watched Kol for a while before speaking up. "I... realize this is a great deal for you to take in. I just thought... you would be exposed to all of this stuff in one way or another and... I thought it would be best if you found out in a quiet room rather than in a crowded area."

----------------------------------------

The creature said nothing. Instead, it began to twist and writhe, contort and change. It grew and grew into a colossal bestial form. It opened the great black abyss that could only be assumed to be it's mouth and let out an ungodly wail, like the tortured screams of thousands of condemned souls. It lunged for the group, swooping toward them, claws outstretched. The Lycan threw his arms out to shield the group. He closed his eyes and braced for the worst. He waited, and waited. He opened his eyes to see the monster was swiping the air in front of him, somehow unable to reach, and roaring with fury. The Lycan braved a better look, and he realized that the creature was bound around the waist, neck, torso and arms by brilliant, and massive, spectral chains. The chains glowed bright as the sun and shined like gold.

The creature roared again in rage as it pulled against the chains, which seemed to trail off and attach to something in the fog. Something distant and which couldn't be seen. The chains started to constrict around the shadow beast and pull it back toward the depths of the fog. Once more, the shadow pulled against the chains, and this time, it was successful in shattering a few of them. It pulled again and lunged for the recruits. The Lycan again tried to shield them, but before he could even muster the strength to move, dozens of the golden chains shot out of the fog and wrapped themselves around the beast until it was almost completely constricted by them. Whatever they were attached to pulled them back once more, and the monster with them. With one last bellowing roar, the chains dragged the shadow creature back into the fog and out of view. The fog began to slowly lift. The unnatural cold, the hostile aura, and the forced feeling of hatred seemed to go with it. However, the stench of death remained.
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika nodded calmly. "Yes, most certainly. I have a few things with me here so we can go, ah, do whatever happens next." She says in reply, gesturing to her suitcase mid-sentence. "What exactly happens next?" She asks, her nervousness starting to show.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Tells us a few things," Jenny said, putting her guns back in the holsters but leaving them open. She stepped closer to the Lycan. "They don't want us engaged yet or they wouldn't have shackled the guard dog. The perpetrator also wants us here. That's why they tripped the alarm to get us here, sir. This is a showcase of their skill and we're the audience."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika nodded calmly. "Yes, most certainly. I have a few things with me here so we can go, ah, do whatever happens next." She says in reply, gesturing to her suitcase mid-sentence. "What exactly happens next?" She asks, her nervousness starting to show.
"Excellent! I'm glad to hear it!" The drone clapped its hands together. "I suppose the first thing to do would be to go through orientation. Because you are a resident of the ship, you don't need to fill out all of the forms. I already have your information. If you would follow me please." The drone walked over to one of the doors and gestured for Rika to enter.

----------------------------------

The Lycan was shaking, badly. He dropped to his hands and knees. He felt like he was going to vomit. When Jenny approached him and spoke, he got irritated. He had to keep in mind that none of them knew what he did. None of them had seen that monster before. He had. He knew too well what it was, and what it's arrival meant. "A... A reasonable assumption." He choked. "But you know what they say about assuming. That was no guard dog. It was worse. Much worse. Know this, with that thing's arrival, this assignment has gone from high priority and skipped right over Omega threat level."
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Over the course of the encounter Tatiana had he rifle trained on the creature, ready for the fight that never came as the creature was dragged away by the chains. With some semblance of safety she lowered her rifle slightly, her armored shell giving off slight twitches, unable to really shiver due to it being armor. She looked towards the Lycan at his threat level mention, "So... reinforcements or no? Only question beyond that I got is if that thing's out and about where are the civvies? Oh, and." She began charging kinetic energy into her rifle, quickly taking a look behind them in case anything else might rear its head, "Next time something like that charges at us, I'm shooting. FYI."
Deske

Post by Deske »

As soon as the creature charged at them Ulrich had a hard light shield up, but once the creature was reigned in by its chains, the shield shattered into nothingness as quickly as it had come up. "Well that was an experience," Ulrich said, looking at the area the shadow had once inhabited. "I am willing to bet that we'll see more of whatever that was the further we press into here. Or at least, during our time aboard the ship." He stepped over towards Randy and put a hand on his shoulder, "I do not think now is the time for resting though, my friend. We still have a job to do," He said as he helped him to his feet.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan stood up with some difficulty, fighting the fierce nausea and fainting feeling. If his fur didn't hide it, he would look dangerously pale. He turned and responded to Tatiana. "We definitely need to get reinforcements here. Problem is, I can't call them in until we get Hivemind's eyes back. As for the civilians... I'm worried for their safety." He looked around. "The first thing we need to do is..." He froze again. As the fog fully cleared, he saw what was giving off the horrible smell. Surrounding them was a hoard of rotting walking corpses. The bodies ranged from complete skeletons to fully fleshed zombies. They shambled and limped left and right. Some of them were gathered in front of barricaded doors and windows, where the beat and pounded against the building walls with a fierce, angry drive. "Oh. It's going to be a long day... I think I know what set off the alarms in the catacombs." He turned to the group. "Undead puppets are already dead, so the no-kill policy is lifted for them. Keep in mind that there are civilians in the buildings, and that we want there to be something left of these bodies to bury again. Let's get to work, people!"
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"Excellent! I'm glad to hear it!" The drone clapped its hands together. "I suppose the first thing to do would be to go through orientation. Because you are a resident of the ship, you don't need to fill out all of the forms. I already have your information. If you would follow me please." The drone walked over to one of the doors and gestured for Rika to enter.
Rika worlessly followed the drone to the door, the wheels of her suitcase squeaking lightly as it followed. At the door, she steeled herself before stepping through..
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind watched Kol for a while before speaking up. "I... realize this is a great deal for you to take in. I just thought... you would be exposed to all of this stuff in one way or another and... I thought it would be best if you found out in a quiet room rather than in a crowded area."
Kol nods numbly but doesn't seem all that willing to speak just yet. she's just staring at the door, or perhaps past it she doesn't seem to focus on any one point.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

As they walked through the door, they would find themselves in the room the recruits were just in earlier. "Seems we missed the orientation. That's all right though. We can just do this ourselves. Have you studied the Champion rules and policies? If so, then please tell me the three main rules the Champions have."

---------------------------------------

The hive droid hesitated. "Is... is there anything I can do for you? Maybe we could go to a more comfortable area? Somewhere colder?" he asked Kol.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny tapped her glasses twice to activate the heat sensors that were built in to them to assist with night shooting and changed the guns settings to the ironically named 'Light Kill' setting.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:As they walked through the door, they would find themselves in the room the recruits were just in earlier. "Seems we missed the orientation. That's all right though. We can just do this ourselves. Have you studied the Champion rules and policies? If so, then please tell me the three main rules the Champions have."
There was an orientation today? She thought before pushing it aside and answering the question. "Uh, yes.. Rule one: Champions do not kill, I prefer to make people live. Two: Champions do not choose who to save, I agree with that entirely. Third: Champions of a high natural power are limited within the ship unless it is an emergency. They are the most important ones, right?" Once she finished, she took one of the chairs which were already in the middle of the room and settled into it. "I only have one question of my own, if I may.." She added, fiddling with a claw as she spoke. "What made you choose me, of all people, to join the champions? Not that i'm not grateful for the opportunity.."
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol hadn't even noticed how uncomfortable the room had gotten, but now that it's been pointed out to her he does feel rather warm. Nodding again, she gets up to follow hivemind, only vaguely aware of what she's doing, as her mind is elsewhere still trying to piece her 'world view' back together now that it, well, was an actual world.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jenny would be able to see that there were no civilians among the zombies. Instead, the heat signatures would appear to be entirely inside the barricaded buildings. It seems the residents were able to secure themselves in them before the undead could get to them, and now the skeletons and walking corpses were angrily trying to get to them. One of the undead turned around. It looked like it used to be some kind of feline like alien, but it had obviously been dead for some time. It's right eye seemed to be missing, replaced with a dark hollow hole and a faint purple glow from the depths. What was left of it's face contorted in what seemed to be anger when it saw the champions. It started to charge at them... somewhat slowly. All of the undead in the area, including those previously trying to get into the buildings, turned and also attacked. The Lycan pulled some items out of his utility belt. "I'll be right back. Hold them off for just a few minutes." He threw some pellet like objects at the ground and they exploded into light and smoke. This seemed to disorient some of the zombies, but not for very long. When the smoke cleared, the Lycan was gone.

In actuality, the Lycan was nearby, using manhole covers and alleyways to stay out of sight of the zombies as he set up a variety of traps using whatever he could find. He knew a great deal of martial arts and he had his claws, but he didn't think it would be a good idea to take on so many undead in such close quarters. He was mainly trained for indirect fighting and psychological methods. He rigged some of his grappling hook cables to various triggers and turned on their electric feature. He set up snares and tripwires, he rigged fire escape ladders to fall on whatever went under them, he cut a manhole cover so that whatever stepped on it would fall through and land in a barbed wire trap he had set below. He marked that one with some red paint he happened to find in a nearby dumpster.

--------------------------------------------------

"You have extraordinary skill." He said simply. "The capsules you invented have a wide variety of uses. You have a peak-human intellect, and excellent grades in medical school. You have a great deal of talents that the Champions could use more of." He sat down at the central table. "I've already completed your forms. I have the advantage of not having to fill them out manually. Welcome to the Champions! There was an orientation earlier with three other recruits that came to the ship today. I believe they are currently working on a potential security risk in the Necropolis. For some reason I can't see anything in that district right now. We can go there together as soon as you are ready."

--------------------------------------------------

The Hive droid stood up and offered a hand to help Kol to her feet. He led her out the door and back into the hub. Some of the foot traffic in the area had cleared. It seemed rush hour was over. Hivemind decided they should use a slower method. The portal doors were too disorienting. He led Kol up the stairs and to the Maglev station. There were very few people there now, and Kol and the droid got themselves a train car to themselves. It was bound for the frozen district, specifically designed for species like Kol who lived on cold or frozen worlds. The droid sat down on one of the seats and gestured for Kol to take a seat as the train began to move. Once it was up to speed, the ride would be exceptionally smooth, to the point where it would feel like it wasn't moving at all.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich looked from the shambling mob of zombies back to his "team" then back to the mob of zombies again. He closed his hands into fists again and the two "knuckledusters" that had been there earlier appeared again. He stepped forward and threw the first punch straight at a zombies head, at least what was left of it. Once that zombie was out of commission, he would move on to the next one, digging his way into the hoard.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We're locally free of the living according to heat scans," Jenny told the others after the Lycan had headed off to do what he was off to do. She drew her pistols again and shot a zombie in the high chest. It staggered but remained upright so she shot it in the face and watched it drop. "Head shots preferable," she told herself. "If we're holding position we'd best save our aggression for those attacking us unless cits are in danger./color]" She fired into the face of another incomer, the shot going under the arm of Ulrich to end a scaled Human.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Hearing the lack of civilians in the area Tatiana started firing her rifles primary plasma shot, mixed with kinetic shots to conserve ammo, into the crowd of zombies, avoiding the brawling Urlich's general vicinity, prioritizing zombies a bit to their left. Her first shot taking down a normal human and second the feline that first saw them. She didn't like any of this mission, "This operation bites. Pact to bust the kneecaps of the people who did this when we see em for this?" She asked, firing a small kinetic blast to stumble a small group of zombies before a thought came to her, "Think there are any zombies composed enough to use natural flight? Considering these ones have trouble walking, I'd doubt it, but glance at the skyline every once in awhile, yeah?" She began to ramble slightly as she started to become absorbed by the fight.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The bulk of the zombies were approaching the group when one of them stepped on and broke a wire less than half the diameter of a fishing line. It looked down at it's feet stupidly and groaned. Suddenly cables shot from all sides of the zombie hoard, some of them impaling various zombies and all of them forming a sort of web. Electricity shot through the cables and fried the undead that were tangled among them. That was the start of the chaos among the zombies as one by one they triggered traps. One stepped on the rigged manhole cover and fell out of sight. Several other undead followed, not noticing the hole. The booby trapped fire escape ladder fell over when one of the zombies tripped its trigger, smashing three of them in the head. Every second, another zombie fell over and was dragged into the unknown as they stepped on the snares the Lycan had set.

Once his traps started to run low, the Lycan burst from his hiding place and rushed past some of the zombies, decapitating them easily with his claws as he went. He had significantly thinned the herd, but there were still more undead to deal with. Too many, he knew, for their small group to handle. "We need to make our way to the hive relay. If we get it back online, Hivemind will get his eyes back and he will activate the security system. That will clear these guys real fast. It should be nearby, about a block... that way." He pointed down the street to their left. Unfortunately, there was a swarm of undead between them and the relay building. They would have to fight there way through.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We'll make it," Jenny said, switching to a more rapid fire setting and waiting until they were closer, the heroes advancing on the enemy. She had a feeling, a sick one, that said she was going to have to use her power soon. It defined her and she hated it. It made them right. Made them 'heroes' and she hated it for that. But she's use it if he commanded.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"You have extraordinary skill." He said simply. "The capsules you invented have a wide variety of uses. You have a peak-human intellect, and excellent grades in medical school. You have a great deal of talents that the Champions could use more of." He sat down at the central table. "I've already completed your forms. I have the advantage of not having to fill them out manually. Welcome to the Champions! There was an orientation earlier with three other recruits that came to the ship today. I believe they are currently working on a potential security risk in the Necropolis. For some reason I can't see anything in that district right now. We can go there together as soon as you are ready."
Rika was astounded at how he spoke of her. "W-wow, that.. S-such compliments from you.. I-I'm.. Honoured, truly.." She said, her cheeks turning red. "..W-well, as for the mission.. Um, I-I'll need to change first.. Do you have somewhere I can do that?" She added, standing and opening her suitcase. "A friend of my father, she works for your security I believe, made me a 'combat' outfit of sorts out of unused security outfit pieces sometime after your invitation.. Best time to try it out.." Rika then pulled out a dark-grey bodysuit and held it up to herself. I hope I still look good in this.. She thought.
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich flinched slightly as the shot passed next to him, but he was in the thick of it and didn't have much time to stop and compliment the rat on her shooting abilities. He backhanded a zombie with a closed fist, shattering its skull. He stepped back as two hard light shields appeared in front of his forearms. He moved them into a wedge shape and proceeded to slowly but surely make his way through the zombies, pushing them off to either side or otherwise disabling them so that he could make his way through.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Sure thing. There is a bathroom in the transportation hub you can use to change." He got up and opened the door. After walking through he pointed to the restrooms. "They're just over there. I'll wait just outside for when you are ready."

----------------------------------

The Lycan followed behind Ulrich, taking the right flank. Whenever one of the undead got close, he would punch them in the head with the strength of a small bear, or he would grab them and throw them into each other, or he would slash their heads with his claws, cutting them like salami as they made their way toward the hive relay.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We need to clear a little space," Jenny told herself as they headed for the thicker levels of zombies. She checked her energy clips were safely secured, ready to replace the ones in her weapons despite her loaded ones still showing 68% power. "Full auto," she said, "Rapid fire." She held down the triggers and pulse after pulse after pulse of energy came from the ends of her pistols as she moved both in front of her in an arc of roughly thirty degrees, taking in as many zombies as she could ahead of them until the power drained and she changed the cartridges.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"Sure thing. There is a bathroom in the transportation hub you can use to change." He got up and opened the door. After walking through he pointed to the restrooms. "They're just over there. I'll wait just outside for when you are ready."
"Alright, thank you." Rika said as she headed to the bathroom the drone gestured to.

After a few minutes, Rika returned wearing her combat outfit, fitting perfectly to her figure. It was all dark grey except for the left shoulder, which was white with a red medical symbol on it. "Well, how do I look?" She asked, gesturing to herself. "Anyway, I am ready. To the.. Necropolis district, right?"
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Looking out the window as the train moved, Kol caught sight of the area ahead, and for a moment seemed to show some signs of activity. But only a moment, as the presence and size of the buildings made her realize that as familiar as the sight of an icewall ringed valley was, it wasn't home.

And yet they had made a city in a place like it.

A city... In a place like home.

It could be done.

And with that, things started to click into place the same way they had when she had first seen the gateway and decided she was going to figure out just what that mess of rings and arches actually did. She was going to figure out the secrets oof making these 'cities' work, and bring them home. Being here had a purpose.

But like any settlement, she would no doubt need to earn her keep to be allowed to stay... What work would there be in a place like this for one who only knew mining and pit-fights?

Hive mind might notice a change in her expression as she thought about her options.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Looks great!" The hive droid responded. "Yeah, we are going to the Necropolis. City of the raised dead. Nice enough place, but something must be going on there. Can't be good if it knocked out my senses. Come on. The entrance is this way." He gestured for Rika to follow him as he walked down the stairs and into the security room that came before the true Necropolis entrance. "Being me, I've got some privileges. I've turned off the scanner for Champions only, at least until the situation is resolved." He walked to the final door to the Necropolis. "Any more questions before we go find the rest of the group?"

--------------------------------

The group was almost to the relay. Jenny had cleared a large group of them and they pushed through at a considerably greater rate. More undead stood in their way, including a large skeleton, standing fifteen feet tall. Whatever it used to be, it had sharp teeth, sharp claws, and thick, durable bone structure. It grabbed some of the zombies surrounding it and started hurling them at the group.

--------------------------------

The hive droid was watching Kol sympathetically. He noticed her react to the view of the frozen district. "Something you want to ask? I know this place isn't what you are used to..."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'm going to need something to do... I don't suppose this place has mines? Or an arena?" She asked, her words having some of the fire from earlier back.
Deske

Post by Deske »

With Jenny having cleared a good amount of the zombies, Ulrich was able to move much faster through the remaining zombies, only stopping once the towering skeleton came into view. He lifted a shield up as the projectile zombies came at them, which promptly smashed into the shield and fell to the ground. He looked back at the rest of his group, "How should we deal with this?" He braced as another zombie came flying at them.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana had followed the group as they powered through the zombies, preferring to not get separated if she could help it. She took another shot before turning to the giant skeleton as Ulrich spoke his question, "I could probably topple it, but not without structural damage and with civvies in there, doubly undesirable." She parried one of the thrown zombies with a kinetic blast from her rifle, stopping the zombie mid air, causing it to fall into the zombie crowd, "I'll stick to crowd control, you guys deal with the big guy."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"Looks great!" The hive droid responded. "Yeah, we are going to the Necropolis. City of the raised dead. Nice enough place, but something must be going on there. Can't be good if it knocked out my senses. Come on. The entrance is this way." He gestured for Rika to follow him as he walked down the stairs and into the security room that came before the true Necropolis entrance. "Being me, I've got some privileges. I've turned off the scanner for Champions only, at least until the situation is resolved." He walked to the final door to the Necropolis. "Any more questions before we go find the rest of the group?"
Rika thought a moment before shaking her head. "None that come to mind.. I'm ready as I'll ever be. The first time is always the scariest though.." She said simply, hoping she won't have to use her self-defence training. "Let's go.."
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan thought as he dodged the bodies being thrown at him. "Heavy attacks are out. A missed shot could go into one of these buildings. Jenny, Tatiana, if you two can shoot it right between the eyes in the same location in a series of controlled bursts, its skull should crack. Ulrich, after that, I'm going to need a boost. I can jump up to it's head and hopefully break it the rest of the way with..." He reached out to a nearby manhole cover and picked it up. "Yep, this should be heavy enough. Oof..." It was considerably heavier than it looked.

-------------------------------------------

The hive drone nodded at Rika. "All right." He opened the door and walked through. "Welcome to WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?!?!?!" He looked around. There were rotted corpses and skeletons lining the streets. Many of them still walking! A full blown zombie apocalypse was underway right under his nose! How did that happen?! Infuriated, he urged Rika to follow him. He looked around and saw The Lycan and the new recruits facing down a colossal undead abomination. There were some stragglers between them and himself. Note to self. Up the reward payment for this job he thought to himself. "Come on, Rika! We need to get to them!" He pointed past the undead and at the main group of Champions.

-------------------------------------------

"I'm afraid we don't have mines, but if you're interested in fighting then I think I have a job for you OOOOOOHH Jeeze!" Pretty much every machine attached to the hive reacted in some way to the shock of the one drone seeing the undead. This android got a very panicked look on it's face before regaining composure. "Yep! A big job. A very important job that I am willing to pay a lot for. It involves fighting. You aren't... squeamish, are you? It could get messy. In fact, it has gotten messy..."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"...you look like a scout who just spotted a raiding party." Kol deadpans in response to his initial freakout, before laughing at the question about being squeamish and grinning; showing off her very noticeable predatory carnivore dental structure. Stating "Fights get messy." very matter-of-factly.