Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 am "If you ever want me to work with you, I'll do it, OK, Conall?" Cherry gave his head a scritch between the ears.
"An' ah'm no' offended, like, Sarah signed, thinking on how to get him back for that later.
Conall nods and gives Cherry and Hiveminds thumbs up in acknowledgement and appreciation, and then grins wickedly at Sarah.
"Ah'll hae tae try harder next time then!" he signs, making Cailean snicker again as he translates.

"Ah suppose we shuid get goin' before Conall starts another Anglo-Scottish war." the younger dog jokes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana chuckled at the plan, "Sounds good to me, would be interesting to be on the watching end of a fight for once." Her smiling helmet tilted at a thought. "And to be fair, I have been out and about. It's just either interrupted by monsters, maniacs or assassins. Else it's been training, going on missions and brief unfamiliar experiences. Like the aquarium. Stupid not to have a peanut butter fish."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

A few minutes later, Kolt stepped out of the men's shower room, looking a little sheepish. "Sorry about that." He said once Eira stepped out of the women's shower room. "I just realized that due to all the stuff that happened this morning, I hadn't actually showered yet. I probably stank really bad during our fight."
--
Refresh my memory, who are you checking up on this time? Your brother? Quint asked, deciding not to comment on the image of Kolt Jenny pictured. Unless I am having what Kolt calls a "brainfart," he is the only one on this ship that you have "failed."
--
Lewis stared down at the Celican he was helping carry. If one of those things came across them, he wouldn't have quick way to drop the civilian and fight it off. Thankfully his power worked on line of sight, so that made it a bit easier, but he still wasn't comfortable being vulnerable.
--
Once she was that the creature was trapped, Liz started shifting back, her body shrinking as the scales turned back to skin. Once she was finished, she went over to Sal-Hleel, looking over his injuries.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

By this point Shaska's been able to find a stairwell and reach ground level, sprinting across the street toards the two reptiles and squad of droids. Her height and stature not that different from the creatures they've been fighting, were it not for the differences in posture and attire.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:05 pm Hawk nodded, quickly running and grabbing a few Acid rounds, along with a few extra items, from the nearby armory before hopping back onto the ship. "Look I know you probably know what you're doing but in this case, dealing with something that can adapt and regenerate? They will adapt to the Amber Rounds very quickly, making the rounds useless." he replied while doing a final check of his gear, signaling to the pilot that he's ready, "I know you have no reason to but trust me; I know what I'm talking about in this case!"
"If they adapted and regenerated separately, I would agree with you. Luckily, they only seem to adapt when they regenerate." Hivemind reiterated as he got the Sparrow ready to fly. "Amber rounds do not cause any damage for them to regenerate from, thus they in theory will not adapt to them."

The sparrow started it's launch sequence, igniting it's engines and disconnecting from the dock. The hanger door opened to the vacuum of space, though the air in the hanger was kept inside due to the Beacon's environment shields. "Ten seconds to launch. Fasten your seatbelt, Hawk. The Sparrow moves fast."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 am "You're doing well, Liz," Corp reassured the Celican scientist as he led the way up. He was checking every way off the stairwell carefully. "Is your nose good enough to warn against any new scents you pick up?" He had them close to the emergency exit now and checked it for anything unpleasant. The owners clearly weren't too keen on their employees getting out. He'd only push the door open if clear. "Follow me when we get out. Those things are wandering around this city. The local group's distracted so we have an evac vehicle."
"Just lead the way. Don't distract me." Elizabeth snapped impatiently as she focused hard on carrying half the weight of a Celican who was bigger than she was.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 am Hannabelle checked over the weapons. "Hmm," she muttered. "One practice go with each to check calibration and weight?" She ran a hand over the common bow.
Gear smiled and, without saying a word, without even looking at his target, he pulled out the first tomahawk and hurled it straight down the range striking the dead center of the bullseye. "Ah think I've got a handle on these things." He joked.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 am The Quad got their orders in, Corvis translating for his mum and brother as they loaded up on 'dogs', 'fries', salsa and soda (Lemonade, Cola and Orange). And something crunchy called Nachos that Jaken crumbled atop his 'dog'.
Randy helped carry the food over to one of the covered tables after he paid. He took a seat next to Jaken and Jenevive.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 am Keeva chuckled. "Protecting the universe from them," she said, "by protecting them from the universe. I have to hope most days are this unusual, Pred.".
"Not sure if it qualifies as protecting them. But we should move before we get glued." Predator waited for some of the hive droids to contain the creature he was pinning. When they had it secure, the droid took off to get out of the blast zone.

------------------------
Buster wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:14 am Retracting her rifle's barrel and slinging it back onto her back, she gives the hive drone an odd look, finding him oddly talkative for a halcyon model. less clipped 'speak-and-spell' sounding fragments like she was expecting, more actual statements... a custom vocalizer maybe? "Six of one, half a dozen of the other." she grumbles as she starts looking for a stairwell down to ground level.
"I suppose you could think of it that way..." Hivemind stated, following the new creature. "May I ask your name? I do not believe I asked earlier."

------------------------
Deske wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:08 pm Chris pulled his way up into the pilots seat and strapped himself in, "I read on a sign we passed that there's a market area on our way. I haven't cooked in a while, but I'd like to see what kind of produce they're offering."
"I will head in that direction first then." MT said. He then started running. Each step he took resulted in thunderous booms as he made his way down the road at roughly the same speed as one of the autonomous cars. In about ten minutes, he was walking down the road in the bustling market square.

------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:38 pm Tatiana chuckled at the plan, "Sounds good to me, would be interesting to be on the watching end of a fight for once." Her smiling helmet tilted at a thought. "And to be fair, I have been out and about. It's just either interrupted by monsters, maniacs or assassins. Else it's been training, going on missions and brief unfamiliar experiences. Like the aquarium. Stupid not to have a peanut butter fish."
"Peanut butter fish?" Recon laughed. "That aquarium visit must have happened before we first teamed up. Anyway, let's get going! We might even have time to enter the tournament ourselves as last-minute fighters if we're quick!" Recon gestured for Tatiana to follow her, then she started running. Tatiana would be able to keep up with her if she flew.

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:50 pm A few minutes later, Kolt stepped out of the men's shower room, looking a little sheepish. "Sorry about that." He said once Eira stepped out of the women's shower room. "I just realized that due to all the stuff that happened this morning, I hadn't actually showered yet. I probably stank really bad during our fight."
"If you did, I couldn't tell." Eira said with a shrug. "I imagine I smelled even worse considering I have been fighting and working out for about an hour now."

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:50 pm Once she was that the creature was trapped, Liz started shifting back, her body shrinking as the scales turned back to skin. Once she was finished, she went over to Sal-Hleel, looking over his injuries.
The Varanian was a mess. He had a large gash in his abdomen where the monster had stabbed him. His breathing was fast, heavy, and pained. His pupils were dilated. His armor was turning a bright red, and a crimson trickle was leaking from his mouth. Beside him lay some sort of broken device. It was a stasis trigger, bisected in half by the monster's claws.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Oh, Jenny explained, sorting the room out and reading her power stats, the guys from the food truck I took cover behind. One of the odd things about being a good guy, she continued as she headed from the room, is that, even though there wasn't anything I could have known to do, it's still my fault they got injured. Drawing on her memory of the Beacon, she headed for the medical bay she assumed they'd been taken to.
---------------------
Corp found nothing he could say was hostile on the door so quickly opened it to get the others outside. He scanned visually for any obstacles and kept his weapon ready to return fire. "The exfil is around to the right." Ordinarily, he'd be helping with the wounded person but it needed either him or Lewis to lead the way and, no offence to his young superior, he trusted his senses more than Lewis's.
---------------------
Keeva whooped slightly at the no thrill of no acceleration and no G-Force as Predator lifted off. "Wouldn't want to face YOU in the hundred meters, with acceleration like that," she joked.
--------------------
Jaken took to telling tales, tall or not, of portal usage in the months he'd had them. Of how they'd helped him jump from building to building, sneak food, evade capture and, in one case, keep someone falling for five minutes by having a 'sending' portal directly below a 'receiving' one. (Eventually he moved it so it faced upward over a pool.)
-------------------
Hannabelle selected a throwing star. "This might be a good Start," she counter punned, launching the small device. It landed just underneath Gears thrown axe. And just behind it too as it lodged in the handle.
------------------
Sana couldn't help but smirk as she saw others glancing at her and Denver. "Figure they think you're looking after a kid," she admitted before the smirk became a wry smile. "Wanna put me on your shoulders and really confuse 'em?"
-----------------
"Aye," Sarah agreed, "We don' want no Battle've Dunbar, d'we," She held her hands up in mock surrender. "Ok, Ok, nair Stirlin' bridge neith'r."
Cherry looked up at the Female Canine as the group started off. "Now I have to get my history books out," she complained. "I've seen the film" she continued, grinning at the reaction she was going to get to that, "so I've heard of Stirling Bridge but Dunbar?"
-------------
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:26 am "If they adapted and regenerated separately, I would agree with you. Luckily, they only seem to adapt when they regenerate." Hivemind reiterated as he got the Sparrow ready to fly. "Amber rounds do not cause any damage for them to regenerate from, thus they in theory will not adapt to them."

The sparrow started it's launch sequence, igniting it's engines and disconnecting from the dock. The hanger door opened to the vacuum of space, though the air in the hanger was kept inside due to the Beacon's environment shields. "Ten seconds to launch. Fasten your seatbelt, Hawk. The Sparrow moves fast."
"Only adapt when they regenerate, huh?" Hawk thought while Hivemind spoke, buckling up and securing his gear as the Sparrow's engines began to roar, "Think I made the right call with those special acid rounds cause it sounds like there's an organ in them enabling this adaptability." If he was correct in this assumption - and he had no reason to believe he wasn't, unless there was some info being held from him - then he should be able to stop the B.O.W. If not? Well, that was a part of the plan he was not looking forward to. With a crack of his neck, he looked over and made a hand motion with his paw, signaling he was ready to rock and roll.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:26 am "I suppose you could think of it that way..." Hivemind stated, following the new creature. "May I ask your name? I do not believe I asked earlier."
The response he gets, sounds like something that with a bit of mental gymnastics could be vaguely phoneticized as 'Shaska Greshnak' but is made almost entirely of reptilian sounds humanoid vocal cords can't produce. her voice is also muffled by her mouthpiece when she says it, lacking the clarity and odd reverb it had before, giving away that she's using a translator.

Reaching Liz's position, she lets out a hiss at the state of the other combatant. mentally writing him off as already dead.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt let out a little chuckle. "If you did, I couldn't tell." He repeated back to her as he picked up the torn remains of his shirt. "So uh, you know any good clothing stores on the Beacon? Preferably one that sells T-shirts with references to Earth pop culture I won't get?"
--
Fair enough. Probably would be good to apologize to them. Quint said, sounding rather ambivalent about all this. Stuff like this is why I sometimes regret having a semi-functioning moral compass. Things would be easier if we did not feel bad about stuff outside outside our control.
--
Lewis continued to follow Corp while carrying the wounded civilian, keeping his eyes peeled for any sign of danger.
--
"Aw crapbaskets, HIVEMIND!!! Liz shouted, trying to apply pressure to the gash in his chest to stop the bleeding. "NEED A STASIS TRIGGER OVER HERE NOW!!!
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

"Two friendly fights in one day? Would be a record." Tatiana said, at first attempting to keep up with Recon on foot, before shrugging and taking off from the ground, floating after her companion instead. "Watching a fight could also prove interesting. Fights are often too frantic for me to pay too much attention to what others are doing."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Absolutely," Denver said, holding out a hand for Sana to grab. "Plus you can get a better view of the animals."
------
"Made good time," Chris said looking at his watch. "Now, lets see what they've got here," he said, looking over the signs he could see. Chris inhaled deeply through his nose as he focused on a shop whose sign was adorned with an intricate lattice of lines instead of anything he could decipher, "Welp, I'm not gonna pass up the opportunity to maybe get my hands on some alien foodstuffs and neither are you," he said to MT as he started off towards the shop.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Legotron123 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:45 pm"Aw crapbaskets, HIVEMIND!!! Liz shouted, trying to apply pressure to the gash in his chest to stop the bleeding. "NEED A STASIS TRIGGER OVER HERE NOW!!!
"I wouldnt bother. If he's coughing up blood the wound is deep enough to reach his organs. You cant stop it from the outside." She points out flatly, unslinging her rifle and offering it to Liz. "You might be able to stop the bleeding with a cryo round in the wound, but you'd get at most fifteen or twenty minutes before hypothermia sets in and hes back on deaths door."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:06 am "Aye," Sarah agreed, "We don' want no Battle've Dunbar, d'we," She held her hands up in mock surrender. "Ok, Ok, nair Stirlin' bridge neith'r."
Cherry looked up at the Female Canine as the group started off. "Now I have to get my history books out," she complained. "I've seen the film" she continued, grinning at the reaction she was going to get to that, "so I've heard of Stirling Bridge but Dunbar?"
Conall huffs and rolls his eyes dramatically. "Tha' was a film aboot Scotland, shot in Ireland, starrin' an Australian, paid for by Americans. Which says all ye need tae ken aboot it. They didnae even put the BRIDGE in th' Battle o' Stirlin' BRIDGE! Like, come on!" he complains.
"But aye. Th' real Stirlin' Bridge was a proud moment. We sent th' English hame wi' there tails tucked between their legs. Dunbar was th' opposite. Th' English cheated an' took us by surprise in th' middle o' th' night."

"Aaaanywye," Cailean interjects before Conall gets too worked up.
"Suffice tae say, we dinnae think th' auld rivalry will go awye any time soon... Sae, tell us aboot yerself, Cherry. Th' good doc hasnae said much. What did ye dae on th' Steelhaven?" he asks as the group walks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:54 am "Only adapt when they regenerate, huh?" Hawk thought while Hivemind spoke, buckling up and securing his gear as the Sparrow's engines began to roar, "Think I made the right call with those special acid rounds cause it sounds like there's an organ in them enabling this adaptability." If he was correct in this assumption - and he had no reason to believe he wasn't, unless there was some info being held from him - then he should be able to stop the B.O.W. If not? Well, that was a part of the plan he was not looking forward to. With a crack of his neck, he looked over and made a hand motion with his paw, signaling he was ready to rock and roll.
Hivemind noticed the look in Hawk's eye and knew the wolf still believed he knew better than Hivemind did regarding how to defeat enemies hawk had never even seen. He half considered aborting the flight and sending Hawk right back to training. He decided to give Hawk a chance, however, and so he started the countdown. "Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. Launch."

At the end of the countdown, the Ibis blasted off on an express flight towards the Celican town.

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:06 am Corp found nothing he could say was hostile on the door so quickly opened it to get the others outside. He scanned visually for any obstacles and kept his weapon ready to return fire. "The exfil is around to the right." Ordinarily, he'd be helping with the wounded person but it needed either him or Lewis to lead the way and, no offence to his young superior, he trusted his senses more than Lewis's.
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:45 pm Lewis continued to follow Corp while carrying the wounded civilian, keeping his eyes peeled for any sign of danger.
Just as the Ibis was finally in view, horrible shrieks could be heard from overhead. Two of the straggler creatures were climbing down the side of the office building like disgusting mutated spiders, poised to pounce right on top of the group of civilians the two officers were escorting.

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:06 am Keeva whooped slightly at the no thrill of no acceleration and no G-Force as Predator lifted off. "Wouldn't want to face YOU in the hundred meters, with acceleration like that," she joked.
The moment Predator was out of the way, a bright projectile struck the ground in the center of the group of enemies. The projectile exploded, launching liquid 'Amber' in all directions. The amber struck and encased the creatures, forming a spiked crystal-like formation around the epicenter inside of which one could see the monsters in stasis, as though frozen in time in the middle of their battle with the hive droids.

"Hopefully that will hold them..." Predator commented.

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:06 am Jaken took to telling tales, tall or not, of portal usage in the months he'd had them. Of how they'd helped him jump from building to building, sneak food, evade capture and, in one case, keep someone falling for five minutes by having a 'sending' portal directly below a 'receiving' one. (Eventually he moved it so it faced upward over a pool.)
"I believe that was how we first encountered each other, wasn't it, Jaken?" The Lycan smirked. "Didn't I catch you trying to nick some food?"

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:06 am Hannabelle selected a throwing star. "This might be a good Start," she counter punned, launching the small device. It landed just underneath Gears thrown axe. And just behind it too as it lodged in the handle.
"Excellent shot! Now it's my turn." Gear grinned, hefted up another tomahawk, and sent it spinning down the isle. It struck the star, then the first axe, then embedded itself just north of center on the target. The first tomahawk and the star both fell to the ground, having been knocked off by the impact. There were two stars lying on the ground. The blade of the axe bisected Hannabelle's throwing star.

---------------------
Buster wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:14 am The response he gets, sounds like something that with a bit of mental gymnastics could be vaguely phoneticized as 'Shaska Greshnak' but is made almost entirely of reptilian sounds humanoid vocal cords can't produce. her voice is also muffled by her mouthpiece when she says it, lacking the clarity and odd reverb it had before, giving away that she's using a translator.

Reaching Liz's position, she lets out a hiss at the state of the other combatant. mentally writing him off as already dead.
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:45 pm "Aw crapbaskets, HIVEMIND!!! Liz shouted, trying to apply pressure to the gash in his chest to stop the bleeding. "NEED A STASIS TRIGGER OVER HERE NOW!!!
Buster wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:01 am "I wouldnt bother. If he's coughing up blood the wound is deep enough to reach his organs. You cant stop it from the outside." She points out flatly, unslinging her rifle and offering it to Liz. "You might be able to stop the bleeding with a cryo round in the wound, but you'd get at most fifteen or twenty minutes before hypothermia sets in and hes back on deaths door."
Hivemind swore loudly and got down on his knees next to Sal-Hleel. He tore off some fabric from the Varanian's uniform and started using it to apply pressure to the wound. "I don't have a spare stasis trigger on me. Liz, inside of the Ibis is a medical kit. You'll find some Medifoam inside for deep lacerations. I need you to go retrieve it."

Hivemind turned to the saurian alien, calling out to her and pronouncing her name with surprising accuracy. "You go with Liz. I heard some shrieks from that direction, so keep your cryo rounds at the ready in case you encounter more of those things."

---------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:45 pm Kolt let out a little chuckle. "If you did, I couldn't tell." He repeated back to her as he picked up the torn remains of his shirt. "So uh, you know any good clothing stores on the Beacon? Preferably one that sells T-shirts with references to Earth pop culture I won't get?"
"Oh sure. Plenty of them." Eira commented while she dug through a duffel bag and pulled out a tank-top. "Here. You can wear this in the meantime. It's clean. Though sorry about the size; I am a lot bigger than you are. We can head down to the store once you've put this on."

---------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 pm "Two friendly fights in one day? Would be a record." Tatiana said, at first attempting to keep up with Recon on foot, before shrugging and taking off from the ground, floating after her companion instead. "Watching a fight could also prove interesting. Fights are often too frantic for me to pay too much attention to what others are doing."
"Always a first - or second - time for everything!" Recon said cheerfully as she rounded the next corner. "It's nice to just have some fun competition with no stakes once in a while."

---------------------
Deske wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:20 am "Made good time," Chris said looking at his watch. "Now, lets see what they've got here," he said, looking over the signs he could see. Chris inhaled deeply through his nose as he focused on a shop whose sign was adorned with an intricate lattice of lines instead of anything he could decipher, "Welp, I'm not gonna pass up the opportunity to maybe get my hands on some alien foodstuffs and neither are you," he said to MT as he started off towards the shop.
"Remember, we do not have the neural connection right now. We loaned the helmet to Hivemind so he could make some upgrades, remember?" MT reminded Chris.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:34 pm Hivemind noticed the look in Hawk's eye and knew the wolf still believed he knew better than Hivemind did regarding how to defeat enemies Hawk had never even seen. He half considered aborting the flight and sending Hawk right back to training. He decided to give Hawk a chance, however, and so he started the countdown. "Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. Launch."

At the end of the countdown, the Ibis blasted off on an express flight towards the Celican town.
"Man, this puppy got some oomph to it!" Hawk thought as he was jerked in his seat from the blast-off. Shaking it off, Hawk pulled out his revolvers, breaking them open so he could insert the rounds. "I sense you don't believe Hivemind. Why's that?" It asked as Hawk inspected the chambers of his revolvers. "Listen, when Hivemind mentioned this creatures could regenerate and adapt to wounds, I thought back to the whole Project: Regeneration program back on Noxxus. Remember how we got rid of those creatures after a while?" The OtherSide thought for a bit and replied, "We used acid of sorts to hit them and go for the organ that enables it, right?" Hawk nodded as he reached into his jacket pocket, "Correct. But that's not the important part; I wonder if the lead scientist is the same one who worked on those B.O.Ws from Project: Regeneration. It's just a hunch but if that's the case and it is the same guy again?" Hawk brought out a small case of ammo he grabbed from the nearby armory, which had rounds containing Fluoroantimonic acid (A deadly acid), and loaded them carefully into them cylinder of both guns, "Then he probably learned from the past and added the adaptability to them." The OtherSide nodded, "Which is why you're using Fluoroantimonic acid and not the usual acidic rounds?" Hawk smiled, "It's one of the few known acids in the galaxy that nothing can adapt to, due to it's acidic nature." he explained as he closed and holstered the two revolvers, "Just remember, the moment we see the B.O.W, start looking for that organ." His OtherSide nodded but added, "And what do we do if there isn't one?" Hawk thought for a bit as he loaded some Amber rounds into his sawed-offs. Truthfully, he didn't think about what they'd do if they didn't have that organ. "Then we'll do what Hivemind said; Use Amber Rounds," he shrugged, holstering the sawed-offs before shouting over to Hivemind, "What's the ETA?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp acted somewhat immediately, moving between the group and the creatures. "Step it up! Move! I'm holding the line here for the moment! Lewis, do NOT drop that Foxman! And that's an order!" He readied to 'distract' the attackers with weapons fire, taking aim on the first with his guns. "MOVE!! Hive, we have two of the creatures climbing down the building! Engaging to distract from wounded."
-------------------
"Yeah," Keeva agreed. "They need to calm down..."
------------------
"I seem to recall I let you," Jaken bluffed defiantly.
"Mr Lycan probably let you think you let him catch you," Corvis said, eating his lunch.
Golten had the dignity to look confused. "What," he asked. "Stop talking rubbish, Corvis."
----------------
Problem is that'd make us bad guys, Quint, Jenny mused as she followed directions to the medical bay and made her way in. So what do you do when Kolt gets a song stuck in his head?
-------------
"I know the film's rubbish," Cherry told the boys. "I just love the reaction it gets from true Scots. Believe it or not I was the main communications Officer. Establishing contacts, running the translation systems, all that ort of thing." She sighed. "Might be why I've not learned Sign. So many varieties. AmSlang, BsLang, AusLang, French, Trissol... The computer can do it, of course." She leaned in close to Cailean. "That's how Corp cheats. A 'Heads up Display'."
------------
"Haven't done this for a while," Sana admitted, taking the hand and hoping Denver could take the weight.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah, that was like 10 minutes ago. If you're worried about not being able to go inside with me, I've got other ways of giving you a video feed," Chris said, turning to face the mech.
------
"Ah you're not that heavy. I've carried fully grown humans before. Strength is in my breed," Denver said as he lifted her up and onto his shoulders. "How's the view?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hannabelle mused, considered angles, and threw another star down at the target. This one sparked slightly as it skimmed flat along the top of Gear's hatchet and impacted the target precisely atop his blade.
-------------------
"The world looks slightly taller," Sana said before leaning over Denver's head to look at him from an upside down angle. "This view's not bad."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:23 am "I know the film's rubbish," Cherry told the boys. "I just love the reaction it gets from true Scots. Believe it or not I was the main communications Officer. Establishing contacts, running the translation systems, all that ort of thing." She sighed. "Might be why I've not learned Sign. So many varieties. AmSlang, BsLang, AusLang, French, Trissol... The computer can do it, of course." She leaned in close to Cailean. "That's how Corp cheats. A 'Heads up Display'."
Cailean faithfully signs this to Conall which makes the older dog snicker.

"Should Ah?" he signs using their secret signs and gets an enthusiastic "Yes!" in the same secret language in response.

The older dog sweeps off his "bunnet" with a flourish and shows the rat the inside of the brim ins which is stitched a small flexible screen. Words scroll across the screen as Cailean speaks again.

"Yeah, Conall also cheats a little." Cailean explains.
"He can lip read but this helps him, especially if the person has a heavy accent or speech impediment, or if he cannae see th' mouth for some reason. Only problem is that it canne translate other languages intae English."

"Dinnae look at me like tha', Sarah. Aye, we Scots speak plain English. We dinnae need translatin'!" the laird pre-empts the rough collie in sign.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Eh, no worries. Too big is better than too small." Kolt said as he put on the shirt. Truth be told he looked a little silly with how big it was on him, but he didn't seem to mind. "Lead the way ma'am."
--
Usually just hum along until it gets annoying, then I hum a different song to try and get him to stop. Quint said. I actually like a lot of the music he likes.
--
Lewis ran as he carried the wounded, ready to turn around and help Corp as soon as he got them to a safe zone.
--
Liz ran like the devil for the Ibis, not wanting to let someone die on her hands. She grabbed the medkit inside and bolted back, placing on the ground next to Sal-Hleel. "Okay. Which of these is the Medifoam? She asked as she opened the kit up, finding a lot of unfamiliar stuff in it that didn't exist in the kits she was used to.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana did a light spin in following Recon around the corner, trying to hold a balance of control and keeping up with Recon. "No stakes would be nice. Finding a level of force would be weird though. Even with miracle medicine." She continued to fly, finding the activities Recon figuratively dragged her around to do enjoyable.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Legotron123 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:32 amLiz ran like the devil for the Ibis, not wanting to let someone die on her hands. She grabbed the medkit inside and bolted back, placing on the ground next to Sal-Hleel. "Okay. Which of these is the Medifoam? She asked as she opened the kit up, finding a lot of unfamiliar stuff in it that didn't exist in the kits she was used to.
While liz is making the sprint back and forth, Shaska is climbing up the side of a small corner store at roughly the midpoint of her route, finding a good vantage point to snipe from, just in case the impromptu medic was followed back.

Yelling "Contact." she lines up and fires a shot at the first of the inevitable company.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:24 pm "Man, this puppy got some oomph to it!" Hawk thought as he was jerked in his seat from the blast-off. Shaking it off, Hawk pulled out his revolvers, breaking them open so he could insert the rounds. "I sense you don't believe Hivemind. Why's that?" It asked as Hawk inspected the chambers of his revolvers. "Listen, when Hivemind mentioned this creatures could regenerate and adapt to wounds, I thought back to the whole Project: Regeneration program back on Noxxus. Remember how we got rid of those creatures after a while?" The OtherSide thought for a bit and replied, "We used acid of sorts to hit them and go for the organ that enables it, right?" Hawk nodded as he reached into his jacket pocket, "Correct. But that's not the important part; I wonder if the lead scientist is the same one who worked on those B.O.Ws from Project: Regeneration. It's just a hunch but if that's the case and it is the same guy again?" Hawk brought out a small case of ammo he grabbed from the nearby armory, which had rounds containing Fluoroantimonic acid (A deadly acid), and loaded them carefully into them cylinder of both guns, "Then he probably learned from the past and added the adaptability to them." The OtherSide nodded, "Which is why you're using Fluoroantimonic acid and not the usual acidic rounds?" Hawk smiled, "It's one of the few known acids in the galaxy that nothing can adapt to, due to it's acidic nature." he explained as he closed and holstered the two revolvers, "Just remember, the moment we see the B.O.W, start looking for that organ." His OtherSide nodded but added, "And what do we do if there isn't one?" Hawk thought for a bit as he loaded some Amber rounds into his sawed-offs. Truthfully, he didn't think about what they'd do if they didn't have that organ. "Then we'll do what Hivemind said; Use Amber Rounds," he shrugged, holstering the sawed-offs before shouting over to Hivemind, "What's the ETA?"
"ETA in Five. Four. Three. Two. One..." The Sparrow shot through the atmosphere at blistering speeds that would have caused any ordinary craft to explode on impact. The specialized craft passed through the barrier with ease, however, and shot towards the ground. The ship's nose tilted up, and it threw on the breaks.

The Sparrow landed with a thud and screeched down the main road of the town, coming to a full stop just outside of the office building where Corp, Liz, and the others were dealing with threats.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:23 am Corp acted somewhat immediately, moving between the group and the creatures. "Step it up! Move! I'm holding the line here for the moment! Lewis, do NOT drop that Foxman! And that's an order!" He readied to 'distract' the attackers with weapons fire, taking aim on the first with his guns. "MOVE!! Hive, we have two of the creatures climbing down the building! Engaging to distract from wounded."
"I've brought in backup." Hivemind announced to Corp while giving orders to Hawk.

"Hawk, keep those creatures away from Corp, Lewis, and the civilians. Use any skills or tools at your disposal, but don't let the monsters lay a claw on those Celicans!"
Legotron123 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:32 am Liz ran like the devil for the Ibis, not wanting to let someone die on her hands. She grabbed the medkit inside and bolted back, placing on the ground next to Sal-Hleel. "Okay. Which of these is the Medifoam? She asked as she opened the kit up, finding a lot of unfamiliar stuff in it that didn't exist in the kits she was used to.
"It's a can with a sort of rigid nozzle." Hivemind said as he continued to apply pressure to the wound. "Stick it into the gash about four inches, pull the trigger, and slowly pull it back while spraying. The foam will set and stop the bleeding."
Buster wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:50 am While liz is making the sprint back and forth, Shaska is climbing up the side of a small corner store at roughly the midpoint of her route, finding a good vantage point to snipe from, just in case the impromptu medic was followed back.

Yelling "Contact." she lines up and fires a shot at the first of the inevitable company.
The cryo round struck the first creature's clawed hand, freezing it to the wall just as it was preparing to pounce. It shrieked and looked up, glaring murderously at Shaska. It tugged and pulled at the ice which eventually shattered. Clicking and growling angrily, the first creature leaped off of the wall, landing hard on the concrete road next to the office building with a splat.

The monster's shattered body immediately started putting itself back together, reinforcing itself as it did so. Once it was back on it's feet, it charged for the corner store.

In the meantime, the second creature launched itself straight for Elizabeth, Lewis, and the injured celican.

----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:23 am "I seem to recall I let you," Jaken bluffed defiantly.
"Mr Lycan probably let you think you let him catch you," Corvis said, eating his lunch.
Golten had the dignity to look confused. "What," he asked. "Stop talking rubbish, Corvis."
"Yeah. Uhuh. Sure, Jaken." The Lycan said sarcastically. "Anyway, that's in the past. Now you're all here. No need to run, no need to steal."

Deske wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:18 am "Yeah, that was like 10 minutes ago. If you're worried about not being able to go inside with me, I've got other ways of giving you a video feed," Chris said, turning to face the mech.
"I do not believe I can fit inside... I would appreciate the video feed." MT said. "Eventually, when Hivemind upgrades the neural helmet, I will be able to experience more things through your assistance, such as taste and smell."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:31 am Hannabelle mused, considered angles, and threw another star down at the target. This one sparked slightly as it skimmed flat along the top of Gear's hatchet and impacted the target precisely atop his blade.
Gear observed the hit, checked the pattern of the thrown weapons, then grinned. He picked up his last tomahawk and sent it spinning through the air down the target alley. It struck the base of the target, and cracks shot up from the point of impact. The cracks met up with the axe, the star, then continued until the entire target had split in half.

"Looks like we're gonna need a new target." Gear grinned, pressing a button on the table in front of him to reset the target.

Legotron123 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:32 am "Eh, no worries. Too big is better than too small." Kolt said as he put on the shirt. Truth be told he looked a little silly with how big it was on him, but he didn't seem to mind. "Lead the way ma'am."
Eira led the way out of the training room and towards the elevator. She pressed the button and waited for the elevator to get there. "So do they have many of these super-fight competitions where you're from?" she asked as they waited.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:44 am Tatiana did a light spin in following Recon around the corner, trying to hold a balance of control and keeping up with Recon. "No stakes would be nice. Finding a level of force would be weird though. Even with miracle medicine." She continued to fly, finding the activities Recon figuratively dragged her around to do enjoyable.
"Well, we're almost there!" Recon shouted up at Tatiana. She turned another corner, and the stadium was in sight. She skidded to a halt when she saw the length of the line. "Oof... Looks like it's going to be another packed house... I wonder if they're still selling tickets."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:28 pm "ETA in Five. Four. Three. Two. One..." The Sparrow shot through the atmosphere at blistering speeds that would have caused any ordinary craft to explode on impact. The specialized craft passed through the barrier with ease, however, and shot towards the ground. The ship's nose tilted up, and it threw on the breaks.

The Sparrow landed with a thud and screeched down the main road of the town, coming to a full stop just outside of the office building where Corp, Liz, and the others were dealing with threats.

"I've brought in backup." Hivemind announced to Corp while giving orders to Hawk.

"Hawk, keep those creatures away from Corp, Lewis, and the civilians. Use any skills or tools at your disposal, but don't let the monsters lay a claw on those Celicans!"
Standing up from the seat and cracking his knuckles, he grabbed a comm-unit and quickly left the Sparrow then looked over the situation at hand, "Alright, we save the acid for later," he told himself quietly, quickly switching out the acid rounds he loaded into his revolvers and replacing them with standard .500 S&W magnum rounds, "I can't risk any civvies getting hit with those rounds." With a flick of his wrists, he snapped his guns shut and ran out of the Sparrow, quickly jumping onto a nearby vehicle as his OtherSide began looking for the organs. But to his OtherSide's shock, he couldn't find any.

"Forget the acid rounds; this isn't the same B.O.W as before! There is NO organ in it!" The OtherSide quickly told Hawk, who grunted in annoyance as, once again, it seemed Hivemind was right about something. This time, however, he decided not to get angry or mad at Hivemind and instead keep his focus on the job at hand, like he always did back during his bounty hunting years, which meant quickly looking around his current location for a way to give him a leg up. He looked first at the creature assaulting the office building then at the building itself. His mind then went back to the briefing Hivemind gave him, in particular about how the creatures regenerate and adapt to everything. Then, like a bolt of lightning, an idea came to him. A risky one but, if his theory was correct, then it was a risk he was willing to take. The first part of his plan was simple: Get the creature away from the building as he can and get it focused on him, then lead the creature just far enough way and out of harms reach. The second part was going to be very tricky to pull off and it all relied on everything being executed perfectly. But risk-taking was part of his job and he wouldn't have it any other way. So, taking aim once more with his revolvers, he began shooting at the creature, being careful as to not hit anyone else.
Last edited by SeanWolf on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny approached a medical orderly.. "Any news on the two from the food truck from this morning? I'd, er, like to see them if possible." She wondered exactly what she'd say to them. 'Sorry I almost got you killed' would be accurate but not very reassuring.
------------------------
Corp looked around at the new firing and identified someone with a better gun than his. He thought something sarcastic about 'Albanian state washing machine companies' having better guns than him but chose not to say it. "That's a new variable," he muttered, making his mind up and belying his age by the run he put on to get in a position to shoot the one headed for the others, firing twice to get it's attention away from them and onto him.
-----------------------
"That's true," Jaken admitted, wondering how to get the Lycan in 'trouble'. "Of course, you only found me by chance," he said, "when you were fighting that bad guy the size of a cruise liner!" That had it. The stars in Corvis' eyes. The look on his face...
"As big as a cruise liner," the youngest breated, looking to the Lycan in wonder, wanting the story. Possibly in full.
-----------------------
"Isn't that always the way," Hannabelle sighed, sending a star down to hit the target as it arrived, "ya just get used to one target, hit it a few times and, just when you're comfortable, it falls apart and you need a new one!"
----------------------
Sarah looked somewhat offended by the accusation and put her hands behind her. "Ah would'n'a said anything," she said boastfully, whilst signing 'Course I wouldd've behind her own back.
"So you'd still have need for me," Cherry said, carefully examining the 'hat' as much as possible without touching it. "I know a few languages," she boasted, "at least the basics."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Switching to firing in three round bursts, the weapon she's wielding probably sounding like a rapid fire version of a covenant beam rifle. her shots track with the swifter of the two targets, not the armored one, seeming to completely ignore the one charging her direction in favor of immobilizing the target approaching Lewis. Firing burst after burst until either it's extremities are thoroughly encased, or the other is in melee range of her.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana simply floated down slightly, though not really touching the floor. "I guess even residents of Beacon enjoy seeing contained violence." She tilted her head slightly and looked to Recon. "Say, how often do other Champions take part in this here arena combat?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:42 am Sarah looked somewhat offended by the accusation and put her hands behind her. "Ah would'n'a said anything," she said boastfully, whilst signing 'Course I wouldd've behind her own back.
"So you'd still have need for me," Cherry said, carefully examining the 'hat' as much as possible without touching it. "I know a few languages," she boasted, "at least the basics."
Conall nods, allowing the rat to inspect his hat for a few moments longer before putting it back on his head so he can sign again.

"He says aye, yer definitely necessary. Also th' bunnet cannae help when tae many people are talkin' at once. It disnae ken whose words tae show then." Cailean interprets for Cherry.
"An' maybe sae, Sarah, but ye were thinkin' it." he grins at his girlfriend as the group arrives at their front gate.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Denver straightened his back a little to keep from toppling forward, "I know right? Imagine how people who are like 6 or 7 feet tall must feel with that extra foot or two." He began making his way over towards the kangaroos. "You think if we put on a trenchcoat that anyone will be able to tell that we're not actually one person?"
------
"Here-" Chris dug into a pocket and pulled out his phone "-I can stream it while we wait for Hive to finish the helmet." He opened up his broadcast app that he had previously only used a couple of times for remote diagnostics. "You shouuld be able to find its local network and receive the feed from it.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Oh yeah, TONS!" Kolt eagerly replied as they waited for the elevator, clearly proud to talk about his home. "There's plenty of regional ones scattered all around the place, but the real big one is part of the annual Delpi Festival. It has multiple different tiers depending on weight class, features fighters from all across the planet, and it just so happens to be taking place in a few days, and Hivemind already plans on heading over to Concertia soon for a sorta secret but not really mission, and we might be able to make it!"
--
Maybe, but it is the most accurate way to say what you want to say to them. Quint said, reminding Jenny that, oh yeah, he could hear all her thoughts like this.
--
For a moment, it looked like Lewis wanted to abandon the wounded and go help Corp, but he continued carrying them to the ship, trying not to look over his shoulder as he ran away from the beasts, and his friend.
--
Liz followed the instructions to the letter, filling the gash with the strange foam. "Okay, now what?" She asked, occasionally looking up at the battle around her.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:28 pm Standing up from the seat and cracking his knuckles, he grabbed a comm-unit and quickly left the Sparrow then looked over the situation at hand, "Alright, we save the acid for later," he told himself quietly, quickly switching out the acid rounds he loaded into his revolvers and replacing them with standard .500 S&W magnum rounds, "I can't risk any civvies getting hit with those rounds." With a flick of his wrists, he snapped his guns shut and ran out of the Sparrow, quickly jumping onto a nearby vehicle as his OtherSide began looking for the organs. But to his OtherSide's shock, he couldn't find any.

"Forget the acid rounds; this isn't the same B.O.W as before! There is NO organ in it!" The OtherSide quickly told Hawk, who grunted in annoyance as, once again, it seemed Hivemind was right about something. This time, however, he decided not to get angry or mad at Hivemind and instead keep his focus on the job at hand, like he always did back during his bounty hunting years, which meant quickly looking around his current location for a way to give him a leg up. He looked first at the creature assaulting the office building then at the building itself. His mind then went back to the briefing Hivemind gave him, in particular about how the creatures regenerate and adapt to everything. Then, like a bolt of lightning, an idea came to him. A risky one but, if his theory was correct, then it was a risk he was willing to take. The first part of his plan was simple: Get the creature away from the building as he can and get it focused on him, then lead the creature just far enough way and out of harms reach. The second part was going to be very tricky to pull off and it all relied on everything being executed perfectly. But risk-taking was part of his job and he wouldn't have it any other way. So, taking aim once more with his revolvers, he began shooting at the creature, being careful as to not hit anyone else.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:42 am Corp looked around at the new firing and identified someone with a better gun than his. He thought something sarcastic about 'Albanian state washing machine companies' having better guns than him but chose not to say it. "That's a new variable," he muttered, making his mind up and belying his age by the run he put on to get in a position to shoot the one headed for the others, firing twice to get it's attention away from them and onto him.
Buster wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:05 am Switching to firing in three round bursts, the weapon she's wielding probably sounding like a rapid fire version of a covenant beam rifle. her shots track with the swifter of the two targets, not the armored one, seeming to completely ignore the one charging her direction in favor of immobilizing the target approaching Lewis. Firing burst after burst until either it's extremities are thoroughly encased, or the other is in melee range of her.
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:25 pm For a moment, it looked like Lewis wanted to abandon the wounded and go help Corp, but he continued carrying them to the ship, trying not to look over his shoulder as he ran away from the beasts, and his friend.
Hawk's bullets struck the second creature as it neared the group of civilians and Lewis, causing it to topple sideways from the force. It sprung back to it's feet, sporting a new set of hardened plates on it's chest where the bullets had hit it, and continued it's advance when it took Corp's shot to the face. It collapsed, then stood up with a helmet-like shell having grown on it's head. It glanced at Corp, then at the wounded, then back at Corp. Just when it seemed about to ignore corp to go for the easier, and larger, meal, the cryo shots hit its leg.

The creature shrieked in anger and pried at it's frozen leg to dislodge it from the ground it was cemented to when further shots hit it's arms, freezing them to it's encased leg. It shrieked and pried at it's arms and legs, and the ice started to crack...

The first creature took a massive leap at the building Shaska was sniping from, latching onto it's side and climbing up at an alarming rate.

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:42 am Jenny approached a medical orderly.. "Any news on the two from the food truck from this morning? I'd, er, like to see them if possible." She wondered exactly what she'd say to them. 'Sorry I almost got you killed' would be accurate but not very reassuring.
"Hello." The nurse at the desk said, turning her attention to Jenny. "What is your relationship with the patients in question?" she asked.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:42 am "That's true," Jaken admitted, wondering how to get the Lycan in 'trouble'. "Of course, you only found me by chance," he said, "when you were fighting that bad guy the size of a cruise liner!" That had it. The stars in Corvis' eyes. The look on his face...
"As big as a cruise liner," the youngest breated, looking to the Lycan in wonder, wanting the story. Possibly in full.
The Lycan laughed, knowing what Jaken was doing though not minding so much. "I didn't do too much in that fight. Mostly just kept Gear hidden so he could hit the mech from a distance. Besides..." He lifted his drink and took a sip. "The demon-possessed alien warlord YOU fought yesterday was even bigger."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:42 am "Isn't that always the way," Hannabelle sighed, sending a star down to hit the target as it arrived, "ya just get used to one target, hit it a few times and, just when you're comfortable, it falls apart and you need a new one!"
"Targeting weak points." Gear said, sending another tomahawk down the range at the new target. "My computers can spot 'em, then I hit 'em. The old target had cracks from where we hit it. I threw the axe, an' it caused the cracks to widen."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:25 pm Tatiana simply floated down slightly, though not really touching the floor. "I guess even residents of Beacon enjoy seeing contained violence." She tilted her head slightly and looked to Recon. "Say, how often do other Champions take part in this here arena combat?"
"All the time!" Recon said, getting in at the end of the line. "In fact, some of the professional fighters are also Champions. I know the Lycan's daughter, Eira, is a frequent fighter here. I think she's scheduled to fight later this afternoon."

Deske wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:37 pm "Here-" Chris dug into a pocket and pulled out his phone "-I can stream it while we wait for Hive to finish the helmet." He opened up his broadcast app that he had previously only used a couple of times for remote diagnostics. "You shouuld be able to find its local network and receive the feed from it.
MT searched for the phone locally and found it within microseconds. He established a connection to it and brought up the feed from the phone on the corner of his vision. "I'm connected." he said.

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:25 pm "Oh yeah, TONS!" Kolt eagerly replied as they waited for the elevator, clearly proud to talk about his home. "There's plenty of regional ones scattered all around the place, but the real big one is part of the annual Delpi Festival. It has multiple different tiers depending on weight class, features fighters from all across the planet, and it just so happens to be taking place in a few days, and Hivemind already plans on heading over to Concertia soon for a sorta secret but not really mission, and we might be able to make it!"
"Yesss!" Eira laughed enthusiastically as the elevator arrived. She stepped inside and waited for Kolt before pressing the 'ground floor' button. "Think they'll let aliens participate? I'd love to see how many Concertians I can go toe-to-toe with. I'm running out of people to fight up here to be honest! Most of them refuse to fight me because they can't win, or I've fought them so often I know their style and I know what they're going to do. That's boring. I need new opponents!"

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:25 pm Liz followed the instructions to the letter, filling the gash with the strange foam. "Okay, now what?" She asked, occasionally looking up at the battle around her.
The Varanian gasped and coughed as his wound was sealed. Hivemind tore off another section of cloth from Sal-Hleel's uniform and wrapped it around his now filled injury as a makeshift bandage. "Now you need to get him to the Sparrow that just arrived. Get Hawk to help you carry him if you need to. Hawk's the wolf dude with the revolvers. The Sparrow will get Sal-Hleel to the Beacon much faster than the Ibis."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:38 pm Hawk's bullets struck the second creature as it neared the group of civilians and Lewis, causing it to topple sideways from the force. It sprung back to it's feet, sporting a new set of hardened plates on it's chest where the bullets had hit it, and continued it's advance when it took Corp's shot to the face. It collapsed, then stood up with a helmet-like shell having grown on it's head. It glanced at Corp, then at the wounded, then back at Corp. Just when it seemed about to ignore corp to go for the easier, and larger, meal, the cryo shots hit its leg.

The creature shrieked in anger and pried at it's frozen leg to dislodge it from the ground it was cemented to when further shots hit it's arms, freezing them to it's encased leg. It shrieked and pried at it's arms and legs, and the ice started to crack...

The first creature took a massive leap at the building Shaska was sniping from, latching onto it's side and climbing up at an alarming rate.
"Frag! Creature's that type of regenerator," Hawk huffed while popping the spent rounds out from the revolvers, aware that his idea didn't work the way he had hoped and will probably not go the way he wanted. The five spent casings dropped to the ground as Hawk inserted five fresh .500's, seemingly spawning them from thin air somehow, and snapped the right revolver shut. But as soon as the opened the left one, he spots the other creature, crawling up the building towards something. Something that Hawk quickly assumed was another Champion as he swore once more under his breath at the sight.

"Any ideas?" His OtherSide asked as Hawk watched the creature wall crawl up the building, "Whatever you had planned earlier is not gonna..."
"Shut UP! I'm thinking!" Hawk snapped as he quickly looked over the ever escalating situation, quickly trying to formulate an idea. The first creature was already half-way up the building and gaining ground at an alarming rate. Hawk thought he could easily take a shot and knock creature off the building, but he would risk hitting whoever was inside if he timed it wrong. The second creature, on the other hand and from what he could see, was still trapped in ice that was quickly cracking, meaning it was still a top priority at this moment. "Ah...screw it," he suddenly said to his OtherSide's surprise as he spawned then loaded some Amber Rounds into his still-unloaded revolver and fired the entire cylinder's worth at the second creature's already frozen parts. He then holstered the revolver and, much to whoever was watching surprise, jumped off the car and ran towards the building that the first creature was climbing. As he ran, he told his OtherSide, "Amber rounds should hold the second down for a bit! Right now? Take over! We're going after the first one!" His OtherSide, with a grunt, fully took over his body, replacing the entirety of Hawk Redsky with a cybenretic-like being, one who easily jumped onto the building and raced after the creature, quickly catching up to it.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:38 pm
Buster wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:05 am Switching to firing in three round bursts, the weapon she's wielding probably sounding like a rapid fire version of a covenant beam rifle. her shots track with the swifter of the two targets, not the armored one, seeming to completely ignore the one charging her direction in favor of immobilizing the target approaching Lewis. Firing burst after burst until either it's extremities are thoroughly encased, or the other is in melee range of her.
Hawk's bullets struck the second creature as it neared the group of civilians and Lewis, causing it to topple sideways from the force. It sprung back to it's feet, sporting a new set of hardened plates on it's chest where the bullets had hit it, and continued it's advance when it took Corp's shot to the face. It collapsed, then stood up with a helmet-like shell having grown on it's head. It glanced at Corp, then at the wounded, then back at Corp. Just when it seemed about to ignore corp to go for the easier, and larger, meal, the cryo shots hit its leg.

Shaska continues to fire, prioritizing joints to limit it's flexibility and how much strength can be put behind it's attempts to break free. for some reason she seems to be completely ignoring the one coming for her. From the way she glanced over when it hit the side of the building makes it clear she knows it's there, but she doesn't react to it's presence in the slightest.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"The trouble with non fatal weaponry," Corp told Hive as he headed to get between the creature and Lewis, "is that, when the enemy won't be stunned, the weapons become more of a threat to YOU than them." Noting the effect - or reaction - the guns had had on the creature, the Mouseman in armour focussed his thoughts as only a soldier can to bring out his psionic knives and looked at the creature with controlled anger. "Come on, then," he challenged, "get past me. If you can." He readied for the fight...
------------------
"Iwas...involved in the action this morning," Jenny explained before sighing. "And I'm probably one of the most responsible for them being here now."
------------------
Jaken grimaced as Corvis looked back at him. "It was... mostly a big mech that did the fighting," he explained, "and there was a lot of help. Not like you and the assassin at the park..."
"Probably best to change the discussion," Jenevive said quickly. "So, um, what's this tournament later actually for? Just prestige or is there something at stake?"
Golten nodded. He had a feeling he knew this 'assassin'.
------------------
"Hah," Hannabelle laughed, taking her throw. "just proves you can see right through things." She grinned wryly and gave him a kiss a few seconds before his next effort.
-----------------
"Prove it," Sarah grins, putting her free arm around Cailean's shoulders.
"Means you're lucky in some ways, Conall," Cherry said, making sure he could see her mouth. "You have extra reasons not to go to political debates!"
---------------
"Nah," Sana remarked. "this tall with a head my size?" She smirked, showing a couple of her teeth. "Not sure that'd work."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gently scratched at her helmet, "Eira, I'd hate to fight her. Anyone related to Lycan scares me unless they're fighting alongside me." She gently stretched her shell's neck. "One fun thing I can get out of this is pondering which fighters could make it on the Rim or not. Granted it would probably end up being 'Would do well against all but some of the Nephilim,' for most, but still."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Oh yeah, totally." Kolt said as he stepped into the elevator. "Wyvern was excited about getting some of the Champions in the tournament, so I think you'd get in fine."
--
Quint stayed quiet as Jenny talked to nurse, trying to send comforting feelings her way.
--
Lewis kept running as he carried the Celican to the Sparrow, trying not to think about how close some of the creatures might be getting.
--
"I think I'll be able to handle this on my own." Liz said, he body starting to shift and grow scales as she picked up Sal-Hleel. Turning into a copy of the injured Varanian, she carried him on her back by the arms, and starting sprinting towards the same ship as her son.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:09 pm "Frag! Creature's that type of regenerator," Hawk huffed while popping the spent rounds out from the revolvers, aware that his idea didn't work the way he had hoped and will probably not go the way he wanted. The five spent casings dropped to the ground as Hawk inserted five fresh .500's, seemingly spawning them from thin air somehow, and snapped the right revolver shut. But as soon as the opened the left one, he spots the other creature, crawling up the building towards something. Something that Hawk quickly assumed was another Champion as he swore once more under his breath at the sight.

"Any ideas?" His OtherSide asked as Hawk watched the creature wall crawl up the building, "Whatever you had planned earlier is not gonna..."
"Shut UP! I'm thinking!" Hawk snapped as he quickly looked over the ever escalating situation, quickly trying to formulate an idea. The first creature was already half-way up the building and gaining ground at an alarming rate. Hawk thought he could easily take a shot and knock creature off the building, but he would risk hitting whoever was inside if he timed it wrong. The second creature, on the other hand and from what he could see, was still trapped in ice that was quickly cracking, meaning it was still a top priority at this moment. "Ah...screw it," he suddenly said to his OtherSide's surprise as he spawned then loaded some Amber Rounds into his still-unloaded revolver and fired the entire cylinder's worth at the second creature's already frozen parts. He then holstered the revolver and, much to whoever was watching surprise, jumped off the car and ran towards the building that the first creature was climbing. As he ran, he told his OtherSide, "Amber rounds should hold the second down for a bit! Right now? Take over! We're going after the first one!" His OtherSide, with a grunt, fully took over his body, replacing the entirety of Hawk Redsky with a cybenretic-like being, one who easily jumped onto the building and raced after the creature, quickly catching up to it.
The amber rounds struck the ice-encased arms and detonated, expanding into a large glob of sticky sap-like goo. The goo continued to expand, encasing the creature's arms and legs, then solidified. The monstrosity shrieked and howled and pulled at the solidified amber, but it was far less brittle than the ice. The abomination started gnawing and teething at the stuff keeping it bound, leaving imprints and scratches in it's surface. After breaking it's teeth a dozen times over, it finally managed to tear a piece off of the amber, but for now it was still bound.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:57 am "The trouble with non fatal weaponry," Corp told Hive as he headed to get between the creature and Lewis, "is that, when the enemy won't be stunned, the weapons become more of a threat to YOU than them." Noting the effect - or reaction - the guns had had on the creature, the Mouseman in armour focussed his thoughts as only a soldier can to bring out his psionic knives and looked at the creature with controlled anger. "Come on, then," he challenged, "get past me. If you can." He readied for the fight...
"Lethal weapons would be worse against these things." Hivemind said over Corp's comm device. "They wouldn't die from them, and they'd just regenerate even stronger than they did with the stun round."

Currently, the creature Corp was about to fight is struggling to escape amber and ice. The other was climbing the building across the street on it's way to attack Shaska.
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:24 pm Lewis kept running as he carried the Celican to the Sparrow, trying not to think about how close some of the creatures might be getting.
--
"I think I'll be able to handle this on my own." Liz said, he body starting to shift and grow scales as she picked up Sal-Hleel. Turning into a copy of the injured Varanian, she carried him on her back by the arms, and starting sprinting towards the same ship as her son.
"You're both clear." Hivemind said to Lewis and Liz. "Get the wounded and the civilians to the respective ships and regroup at the office entrance."
Buster wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:24 pm Shaska continues to fire, prioritizing joints to limit it's flexibility and how much strength can be put behind it's attempts to break free. for some reason she seems to be completely ignoring the one coming for her. From the way she glanced over when it hit the side of the building makes it clear she knows it's there, but she doesn't react to it's presence in the slightest.
The second creature, ignoring the cyber werewolf pursuing it, reached the top of the building. It climbed over the ledge, wailed loudly, and dove at Shaska with claws and teeth bared...

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:57 am "Iwas...involved in the action this morning," Jenny explained before sighing. "And I'm probably one of the most responsible for them being here now."
"I see." The nurse said. She took off her reading glasses, straightened the papers she was working on, and looked up at Jenny again. "They are still in surgery. I'm afraid that's all I can tell you without their permission. They are not yet ready for visitors."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:57 am Jaken grimaced as Corvis looked back at him. "It was... mostly a big mech that did the fighting," he explained, "and there was a lot of help. Not like you and the assassin at the park..."
"Probably best to change the discussion," Jenevive said quickly. "So, um, what's this tournament later actually for? Just prestige or is there something at stake?"
Golten nodded. He had a feeling he knew this 'assassin'.
"It's fairly low stakes. There is a trophy and awards that are quite an honor. Some people fight professionally, and so they do get paid. They usually get a raise if they get far enough in the tournament."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:57 am "Hah," Hannabelle laughed, taking her throw. "just proves you can see right through things." She grinned wryly and gave him a kiss a few seconds before his next effort.
Gear leaned into the kiss, and kissed Hannabelle back. When the kiss was over, Gear turned back to the target, grinning broadly. He pulled his hand with the axe in it back over his head and hurled it forward. The tomahawk struck the bull's eye, shattered the target, then continued along and embedded itself in the back wall.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:06 pm Tatiana gently scratched at her helmet, "Eira, I'd hate to fight her. Anyone related to Lycan scares me unless they're fighting alongside me." She gently stretched her shell's neck. "One fun thing I can get out of this is pondering which fighters could make it on the Rim or not. Granted it would probably end up being 'Would do well against all but some of the Nephilim,' for most, but still."
"The Lycan's actually the mellow one of his family." Recon commented. "Eira's the one who's most passionate about fighting. Some cultures call her 'The Blood Witch' on account of her ability to control the water in a person's body. She's a Tier 8 Aquakinetic, has venomous fangs that inject a nightmare-inducing Deliriant neurotoxin that causes paralysis, and that ice-arm of hers can lift an Albatross Civilian Transport ship. I wouldn't want to fight her either." She glanced back at Tatiana. "What's a 'Nephilim'?"

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:24 pm "Oh yeah, totally." Kolt said as he stepped into the elevator. "Wyvern was excited about getting some of the Champions in the tournament, so I think you'd get in fine."
"Great! I'll have to sign up! Maybe you could introduce me to this 'Wyvern' sometime. I'd love to talk to them." Eira grinned as the elevator started and took them both up to the ground floor. Once it arrived, Eira stepped out and motioned for Kolt to follow her over to the portal doors. "Actually, I'd really like to meet more Concertians. A society that's so entirely dedicated to heroics sounds like it's going to have a lot of fun people."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:08 pm The second creature, ignoring the cyber werewolf pursuing it, reached the top of the building. It climbed over the ledge, wailed loudly, and dove at Shaska with claws and teeth bared...
Thankfully, Hawk's OtherSide was a bit faster then the creature, easily catching up to it as it dove towards Shaska. As a growl emerged from the depths of it's body, the OtherSide lunged towards the creature and dug its claws into it's sides as they landed a foot away from Shaska. Quickly remembering it wasn't what it and Hawk dealt with in the past in regards to it's regenerative powers, it instead held the creature there and turned it's attention to Shaska, telling her, "If you have the means, immobilize this beastie now!"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana seemed to stall momentarily before turning to Recon. "Lycan is the mellow one???" This piece of info appeared to disconcert the poor liquiform. "She scares me all the more now, not helped by me probably being mostly a liquid Eira could control."

She tilted her head slightly at Recon's question. "Me. I'm a Nephilim. There's lots of us. A few of us." She shrugged lightly with her hands at should level. "I'll try to keep it short. Basically, powerful dudes on the Rim, a long time ago said, 'Man, the corporations banding together would be bad,' so they created a group not group to sorta put pressure on the corps without just becoming another corp at risk of corruption. We're mercs, shadowy people, lotsa things. Rarely talk unless something super important happens to put the Rim's general populace at risk, and mostly keep each other in check. Nephilim are feared and respected, even by the corps so they rarely double cross 'em out of fear of making a powerful foe with no reason to hold back, or worse, bring all the Nephilim together."

She placed a hand on her helmet's chin, as the various information filtered through her mind. "Nephilim aren't necessarily the strongest, but are generally more dangerous, whether by unique tricks, hard to beat, too intelligent, they excel in one place beyond all others. This is maintained very simply. The only way to become a Nephilim, is to explicitly challenge and kill a Nephilim in a duel. Taking their place and burdens."

She then crossed her arms as her eye lights mad a somewhat pouty expression on her helmet, creating an odd look of this intimidating shell in a duster jacket appearing so childish. "And we haven't even had a meeting since I became one! They acknowledge me and everything, but no super secret meeting! Contacted me once, something important they said, then cancelled because it was a false alarm."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:08 pmThe second creature, ignoring the cyber werewolf pursuing it, reached the top of the building. It climbed over the ledge, wailed loudly, and dove at Shaska with claws and teeth bared...
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:31 pmThankfully, Hawk's OtherSide was a bit faster then the creature, easily catching up to it as it dove towards Shaska. As a growl emerged from the depths of it's body, the OtherSide lunged towards the creature and dug its claws into it's sides as they landed a foot away from Shaska. Quickly remembering it wasn't what it and Hawk dealt with in the past in regards to it's regenerative powers, it instead held the creature there and turned it's attention to Shaska, telling her, "If you have the means, immobilize this beastie now!"

Tossing her rifle aside, it pings as the biometric safety in the grip kicked in, disabling the emitter mechanism. Making no effort to dodge as the creature's claws and teeth sink in, she instead just kicks it away from herself, or rather thought she did, not noticing hawk pull it back just yet, deep lacerations left behind by the claws and teeth jerking free. Breath briefly ragged as she can feel one of the punctures reaches her lung. Hissing in pain as the wounds stitch closed the scant few grams of scar tissue needed to close the wounds requiring less than a second to form as her eyes flicker the same way june's do when her luck is kicking in.

Scoffing, she looks back at the creature, lowering into her bodyshape's equivalent of a martial arts stance. "Have to do better than that to overcome the Gift of Life, cutie. but go ahead, show me a good time." her tone mix of taunting and flirting. Scars already faded away by the time she'd finished speaking. her stance is patient, waiting for it to strike again, ready to counter.

She actually seems disapointed when she realizes hawk is there, drooping slightly. "Ooor you could just get jumped..."