Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"Sure. Let's get going." Kolt said, carrying the clothes out as he headed back towards the gym. Along the way, he looked over the shirts he got, trying to figure out which one to wear first.
--
Gladly. Quint replied, as Jenny felt her body start to move without her command. He picked up the burger, licking her lips, then took a bite. For about a second, a few different flavors were picked up by her tongue, some veggies, cheese, and meat, before a wave of painful heat flowed over the mouse's mouth, her body starting to produce saliva in order to cope with the spice. Quint just sat there for a moment, letting himself feel the heat, before taking a long sip of the soda in order to cool off.
--
Liz, not satisfied with Hawk's work, pulled her rifle out of hammerspace and loaded it with Amber rounds, shooting the creature five more times to make sure it was completely trapped. "Can't only do this halfway." She murmured under her breath before walking away. As she walked past Corp, she picked up an odd smell, and after sniffing around a little bit, confirmed it to be coming from the rodent's back. "Corp, what's that smell?"
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp gritted his teeth for a few seconds. "Probably... me," he seethed. "Stuff stings rather. Wasn't going to... mention it. There's anti-acid stuff in the ship, right?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:27 am Hearing what Hivemind suggested, Hawk holstered the revolver and brought out his sawed-off once more, one that still had two Amber shells loaded, then walked over to the creature and fired the amber at it. "Creature's out of commission," he spoke into the radio to Hivemind as the Amber did it's thing. He then rubbed the place where the creature's acid hit him; While the pain was gone, he was still looking like a more messed-up TwoFace with the skull showing. "How long will the healing take this time?" He asked his OtherSide as he turned to face Shaska and Liz, showing the full extent of the facial wound to them as his OtherSide's voice came out replying, "Two hours tops. The acid here was a bit more corrosive and it ate away a good bit more of your flesh and muscles. I can at least put your eye back." Hawk nodded as his left eye returned and his vision returned to normal. "When we get back to the Beacon, the tranya's on me." He then quipped at the duo as he tapped his showing skull, "I need a drink."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:57 pm "If that's whiskey," Corp seethed, feeling the burn, even through the armour but refusing to let on, "then you may well be on." He looked at the creature. "A doomsday weapon," he spat. "Unkillable. Near unstoppable. I wonder if their creators can control them?"
Buster wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:18 am she hisses brushing some stray powder off her arm, a nasty looking chemical burn there that starts to fade once the offending material is gone. "Yeah, well, More personal experience there than smarts. Broken a cartridge by accident before. that ____ burns me but the critter's blood dosen't." sure enough there are several gooey globs still stuck to her fur, completely nonreactive. even her mask seems unaffected, though that would be less surprising if one were to realize it's adding HF vapor to the air she's breathing.

"Sooo... are parties like this a regular thing with you guys or was this just a lucky coincidence on my part?"
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:13 pm Liz, not satisfied with Hawk's work, pulled her rifle out of hammerspace and loaded it with Amber rounds, shooting the creature five more times to make sure it was completely trapped. "Can't only do this halfway." She murmured under her breath before walking away. As she walked past Corp, she picked up an odd smell, and after sniffing around a little bit, confirmed it to be coming from the rodent's back. "Corp, what's that smell?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:46 pm Corp gritted his teeth for a few seconds. "Probably... me," he seethed. "Stuff stings rather. Wasn't going to... mention it. There's anti-acid stuff in the ship, right?"
"Better bet would be to wash it thoroughly with water, Corp. Dilute it. If you spread neutralizing agent on it now, the reaction could hurt you even more. There's sure to be running water in the building you're on. It doesn't look like any MEP infrastructure was shut down." Hivemind stated over comms. "Once you've gotten cleaned up, report to one of my droids and I will treat the wound. In the meantime, Hawk, Liz, Lewis, regroup on the staircase of the office building basement in front of the door to the lower levels. We're going into the bomb shelter next."

----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:57 pm "That's one way to look around corners," Jaken said appreciatively. "Uh, I'm sorry I wasn't able to... save your life," he continued, suddenly hit by the strangeness of what he was saying.
"Huh," Golten asked.
"You know, I thought I recognized you." Nocturl's head said. "You were one of the people who helped fish my crewmates out of the wreckage. You saved a lot of people, kid." Nocturl tossed his head into the air and let it land backwards on his neck. He turned around so his head, and his back, was facing Jaken. "Need to work on my aim. Anyway, don't worry about it, kid. I died the moment our portal collapsed, well before the Beacon even showed up."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:57 pm Hannabelle ran her cool, cold, eye over the youths, looking to see if she could intimidate any of the older teens before they even got in there. One younger one she thought was looking at her as though he knew her from somewhere. She gave that one a small wink and half a smile.
Gear led the way to the sign-up desk manned by another teenaged human. He looked up at Gear and blinked. "Aren't you two a little... old... for this?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We ain't as old as Laser Tag. Why don't ya challenge us an' see if we're 'too old?'"

The teenager shrugged. "Alright, just don't break a hip on us. We don't want to get sued."

Gear filled out the form for him and Hannabelle, then went to stand in line. He gave a peck of a kiss on the side of Hannabelle's muzzle, smiled, and motioned with his head for her to follow him.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:12 pm Tatiana hummed at the match up description. "The real question will be if Kite has the fight to back up the defense. If Wyvern is good enough all it'd take is one gap in the defense to claim victory. Or faking a gap to tempt a reckless attack." She tilted her head slightly from the part on the tournament. "I would assume the tournament wouldn't do themed matches. At least not intentionally. That'd be a weird tournament if it did."
"That is true, but Kite's no pushover." Recon said. "He's got a decent amount of super strength to go along with the shields. As for themes, sometimes tournaments do have themes. It's just a tournament-wide theme, rather than on a match-by-match basis. Often the tournament themes are meant to make sure everybody is relatively evenly matched."

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:13 pm "Sure. Let's get going." Kolt said, carrying the clothes out as he headed back towards the gym. Along the way, he looked over the shirts he got, trying to figure out which one to wear first.
Eira led the way back to the Champion Tower, checking out some of the shirts Kolt had bought. "I'd pick one that you wouldn't mind getting dirty. I want another go at a fight when we get back. It'll give you some practice too, and I think we could both use it."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll take the water," Corp allowed, heading for the roof door, "but you better not be thinking I'll stand down when my people are still on the battlefield!"
-----------------
Jenevive rolled her eyes at the antics. "My life has gotten VERY strange these last few days."
Corvis dabbed at his mouth with a napkin after considering his tie.
----------------
"So, um, what's your universe like?" Jaken looked intrigued. "I hear people don't have powers over there?"
---------------
"We're just out to break hearts more than hips, eh," Hannabelle said, regifting Gear's kiss with a little lick on the cheek before heading in.
--------------
Hot enough for ya, Jenny asked Quint.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:15 pm "Better bet would be to wash it thoroughly with water, Corp. Dilute it. If you spread neutralizing agent on it now, the reaction could hurt you even more. There's sure to be running water in the building you're on. It doesn't look like any MEP infrastructure was shut down." Hivemind stated over comms. "Once you've gotten cleaned up, report to one of my droids and I will treat the wound. In the meantime, Hawk, Liz, Lewis, regroup on the staircase of the office building basement in front of the door to the lower levels. We're going into the bomb shelter next."
"Copy that," Hawk answered. Though his face was still healing (the muscles had just begun to appear), Hawk was still ready for a bit more action, though he'd be more careful around the acid blood this time. Replacing the rounds in his revolvers with fresh ones and holstering both, he looked over to Liz and Lewis as he stepped onto the edge of the roof they were on, "Meet you guys there," and leaped off, effortlessly landing on the ground below and heading to the building in question.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"In that case, I'll pick this one." He said, pulling out the one with the strange heart symbol on it. "They had a few extra's of these, so I can easily replace it if it gets damaged. Though are you sure you want to fight again already? Why not save your energy for the tournament?"
--
Quint just let out a satisfied "Mmmmmmm" in Jenny's brain before taking another bite of the spicy burger. He certainly was enjoying himself right now.
--
Liz' form shifted as she turned back into a human, giving Hivemind a nod before walking over to Corp. "Corporal, just get your wound treated and trust Hivemind has things covered. I WILL drag you back myself if necessary." She said, before she and Lewis went down the stairs.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed at the extra information on Kite. "Feel sorry for Wyvern then. Strength and defense basically means it'll require luck or concentrated attack past the shields to really accomplish anything." She chuckled at the idea of a tournament wide theme. "Those have to be interesting, Makes me wonder if they ever had an idea for a theme but not enough contenders to fill out a tournament with the theme. Almost makes me wanna think what themes I'd get thrown into."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:38 am "I'll take the water," Corp allowed, heading for the roof door, "but you better not be thinking I'll stand down when my people are still on the battlefield!"
"Corp, get your wound treated. Wash out the acid, then report to me. I will decide then if you are in any fit state to continue." Hivemind ordered.

Once everyone was on their way, one of the Hive droids made their way up to the top of the building's roof. A lightweight military droid similar to the one that found Shaska leaped up onto the roof from ground level using a sort of jump-pack on it's back. Once it was up there, Hivemind addressed the fluffy raptor. "Thanks for assisting. Now, I have some questions for you. First off, where did you come from? Or rather, where were you immediately prior to finding yourself in the office building across the street?"

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:38 am Jenevive rolled her eyes at the antics. "My life has gotten VERY strange these last few days."
Corvis dabbed at his mouth with a napkin after considering his tie.
"I have to say, you are taking the existence of ghosts and proof of life after death very well." The Lycan smirked. "Also, insert obligatory 'welcome to my world' here."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:38 am "So, um, what's your universe like?" Jaken looked intrigued. "I hear people don't have powers over there?"
"Nope!" Nocturl said casually. He reached up, put a finger on his muzzle, and started twisting his head on his shoulders as though screwing it back into place. When his head was facing forward again, he turned once more to face Jaken. "Lots of people on our ship got powers when we ended up here. Something something exposure to the void. I don't get how it works, I'm just a dead guy. I don't even have a brain anymore."

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:33 am "In that case, I'll pick this one." He said, pulling out the one with the strange heart symbol on it. "They had a few extra's of these, so I can easily replace it if it gets damaged. Though are you sure you want to fight again already? Why not save your energy for the tournament?"
"Don't you worry about my energy. I've got energy to spare." Eira said as they entered the portal to the Champion tower again. "I just hope I don't ware you ragged. You got another idea for how to get in some training within the next..." She checked her watch as they walked. "Three hours?" she asked, pushing the elevator call button once they reached the end of the hall.

------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:25 pm Tatiana hummed at the extra information on Kite. "Feel sorry for Wyvern then. Strength and defense basically means it'll require luck or concentrated attack past the shields to really accomplish anything." She chuckled at the idea of a tournament wide theme. "Those have to be interesting, Makes me wonder if they ever had an idea for a theme but not enough contenders to fill out a tournament with the theme. Almost makes me wanna think what themes I'd get thrown into."
"Wyvern's a technical fighter." Recon explained. "He has a sort of napalm breath and high maneuverability flight. His best option is to use that agility to get behind Kite's defenses."

The line was starting to move, and Recon and Tatiana finally made it past the turnstiles and into the main building. "Usually they're pretty general. Like, Ranged Fighters Shootout, or Clash of the Elements, or Champion All Stars. You'd qualify for a ranged fighter, a flyer, a Telekinetic, possibly even living armor. So you'd qualify for any theme that includes those types. Wanna get some snacks before we head for our seats?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's not..." Corp said, making his way around the level, looking for a bathroom, "...that I doubt you, Hivemind. But I don't trust... ANYONE with the safety of my people except me. Ah." He located a rest room and entered it to find a row of sinks and sit down facilities. "Probably breaking some rules," he grumbled, looking to see if he could turn the taps on. He noted there was no way to get the water onto his back from there with an intact tap so he used one of his knives to take the top off and send water into the room and down onto his new wounds. "Bill me," he grunted as he gave up on turning the thing off after three minutes use. He headed downstairs in a customary grumpy mood.
------------------------------
Genevive sighed. "I'm a Celican," she explained. "Wouldn't do to go all gibbery in front of the cubs."
Golten nodded. "Mom'll just go gibbledy in her room later," he declared, earning himself a finger point from Genevive.
------------------------------
"I'd say you've got a brain," Jaken 'consoled'. "It's probably in there..."
"If you went see through," Corvis said brightly, "we could check!"
-----------------------------
I can't believe Kolt never let you eat molten lava before Jenny joked to Quint.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded at the prospect of snacks, her eye lights complimenting her cheshire grin happily. "This fight sounds like it will be real fun. Even if I have no idea who will win, which I guess is the point; even enough to keep everyone on their toes while providing a unique battle. Will be interesting to see a fight so relaxing that snacks is the norm, though." Tatiana looked about, trying to pin down where ever snacks could be secured. "Today is fun."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Three hours? I thought there was like, an hour left." Kolt said as he stood in front of the elevator. "Still, would prefer something other another straight sparring match so soon after the last one. Not sure what though." Kolt hmmmed a bit as he thought, trying to figure out another good way to train against each other.
--
Oh shut up. Quint said, but there was no bite to it, just a sort of vague amusement. You clearly are not THAT bothered by it, otherwise you would make me stop.
--
After a minute of walking, Liz and the others found themselves waiting for Hivemind in the designated spot in the basement. Lewis leaned against a wall by the door, glancing his mom's way. "So, what do you think we'll find down there?" He asked the captain, more out of boredom than actual curiosity.
Liz gave a quiet snort before responding. "Given the past two days, probably something that wouldn't seem out of place to be done by Weyland-Yutani in an Alien sequel."

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:57 pm After a minute of walking, Liz and the others found themselves waiting for Hivemind in the designated spot in the basement. Lewis leaned against a wall by the door, glancing his mom's way. "So, what do you think we'll find down there?" He asked the captain, more out of boredom than actual curiosity.
Liz gave a quiet snort before responding. "Given the past two days, probably something that wouldn't seem out of place to be done by Weyland-Yutani in an Alien sequel."
Arriving a few minutes later, Hawk drops in quite literately and lands in front of Liz and the others, his face now fully healed and looking like his old scruffy self. "I don't know about any Weyland-Yu...whatever you said," He said as he drew out one of the revolvers and pulled the hammer back, "Though if you ask me? We should be going after the company funding this. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same company behind Project: Regeneration program back on Noxxus. Granted that was back in 2980 but point remains."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:57 pm Sarah was somewhat surprised but had no plans on fighting back as Cailean took the initiative. "Nah, Conall," she said and signed, her hands still behind Cailean's back, P'r'aps if you'd come in in five minutes, like... she signed, without speaking.
Conall laughs aloud at this.

Cailean stands Sarah back up and looks at his brother curiously.
"What? What did she say?" he asks.

"Och, nothin'."

"Ye dinnae laugh like that fer nothin'. What did ye say, Sarah? Am Ah a bad kisser?" Cailean demands with a grin.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:52 pm "It's not..." Corp said, making his way around the level, looking for a bathroom, "...that I doubt you, Hivemind. But I don't trust... ANYONE with the safety of my people except me. Ah." He located a rest room and entered it to find a row of sinks and sit down facilities. "Probably breaking some rules," he grumbled, looking to see if he could turn the taps on. He noted there was no way to get the water onto his back from there with an intact tap so he used one of his knives to take the top off and send water into the room and down onto his new wounds. "Bill me," he grunted as he gave up on turning the thing off after three minutes use. He headed downstairs in a customary grumpy mood.
"Damages caused by Champions are covered by our insurance program. As breaking that tap was necessary for you to treat your wounds, it is covered and you will not be charged." Hivemind explained, perhaps more than he needed. Once Corp was out of the building, Hivemind waved him over to a newly arrived dropship decorated with the image of the Rod of Asclepius overtop a red cross. "I've got medicine here, Corp. We'll get you back into fighting shape in no time."

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:52 pm Genevive sighed. "I'm a Celican," she explained. "Wouldn't do to go all gibbery in front of the cubs."
Golten nodded. "Mom'll just go gibbledy in her room later," he declared, earning himself a finger point from Genevive.
"Still, 'going gibbery' is usually the instinctive reaction. It's impressive that you can keep calm." The Lycan said with a nod.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:52 pm "I'd say you've got a brain," Jaken 'consoled'. "It's probably in there..."
"If you went see through," Corvis said brightly, "we could check!"
"Well, I guess I've got a brain." Nocturl said, starting to float lightly as he considered things. "It's in my body. And on the floor of my room. And on the stuff that fell on my head."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:39 pm Tatiana nodded at the prospect of snacks, her eye lights complimenting her cheshire grin happily. "This fight sounds like it will be real fun. Even if I have no idea who will win, which I guess is the point; even enough to keep everyone on their toes while providing a unique battle. Will be interesting to see a fight so relaxing that snacks is the norm, though." Tatiana looked about, trying to pin down where ever snacks could be secured. "Today is fun."
"I don't know if 'relaxing' is the right word. In my experience, it's more like the experience of being so engrossed in the fight that you're through your third bucket of popcorn, fifth hot dog, and second mega-pretzel before you even realize you've overdone it." Recon laughed as they walked up to one of the snack stands and ordered those exact thing along with a basket of chicken wings and some kind of fried chicken sandwich that used waffles instead of bread.

"...I might have gotten too much..." she said as she struggled to carry all of her food towards the stadium seating area.

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:57 pm "Three hours? I thought there was like, an hour left." Kolt said as he stood in front of the elevator. "Still, would prefer something other another straight sparring match so soon after the last one. Not sure what though." Kolt hmmmed a bit as he thought, trying to figure out another good way to train against each other.
Eira blinked, just realizing something. "There's still a bit of time before the tournament starts, and even then there's still time before my first match. By the way, and I might have asked this before, but are you going to be participating in the tournament? Have you signed up or otherwise told Hivemind to sign you up?"

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:57 pm After a minute of walking, Liz and the others found themselves waiting for Hivemind in the designated spot in the basement. Lewis leaned against a wall by the door, glancing his mom's way. "So, what do you think we'll find down there?" He asked the captain, more out of boredom than actual curiosity.
SeanWolf wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:21 pm Arriving a few minutes later, Hawk drops in quite literately and lands in front of Liz and the others, his face now fully healed and looking like his old scruffy self. "I don't know about any Weyland-Yu...whatever you said," He said as he drew out one of the revolvers and pulled the hammer back, "Though if you ask me? We should be going after the company funding this. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same company behind Project: Regeneration program back on Noxxus. Granted that was back in 2980 but point remains."
"The company responsible for this is Monta Weapontech. It's a Celican based weapons manufacturing company responsible for some of the most advanced weapons and armor on this planet, which is saying something." Hivemind said over comms. "So advanced that their soldiers were the only ones actually successful at fully repelling the Varanian invasion. Which is why the Varanian Warlord personally intervened and stomped their headquarters flat. We first encountered these creatures while apprehending Monta, the owner, for an unrelated offense. It's how I knew the only way to stop these things was to immobilize them without injuring them."

Once Hivemind was done explaining, he added "Once I get Corp patched up and sent back down to you guys, I will give you your next orders."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:39 pmOnce everyone was on their way, one of the Hive droids made their way up to the top of the building's roof. A lightweight military droid similar to the one that found Shaska leaped up onto the roof from ground level using a sort of jump-pack on it's back. Once it was up there, Hivemind addressed the fluffy raptor. "Thanks for assisting. Now, I have some questions for you. First off, where did you come from? Or rather, where were you immediately prior to finding yourself in the office building across the street?"
She takes her time checking and cleaning her gear, putting off answering the machine at first. Mildly annoyed at having to answer the same question twice within the span of twenty minutes. "I told you, Hyperion station." she grumbles, as if that should be a landmark anyone would just know.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Good," Corp said, seemingly ignoring all the stuff about insurance and heading over to the dropship, "the 'investigation's not done!"
------------------------
"Heh," Jenevive replied absently, "with my life, things were intense at times. You've met my mother."
-----------------------
"Mr Nocturl's trying to make us sick," Jaken 'whispered' in an aside to Corvis.
"Most would be needing to clean the floor," Corvis replied with similar 'control' over volume.
"I thought they'd given you all that back, Mr Nocturl, sir," Jaken asked.
---------------------
Hannabelle sniped an opponent from a hidden position, then shifted away...
--------------------
"Best've met f'r years, luv," Sarah told her boyfriend before licking his nose.
--------------------
I made the promise, Jenny reminded Quint, and I reckon it's worth it, eh? Eat'n worse.
-------------------
Keeva waited on Pred, keeping him company and talking with him generally about his hopes and what he wanted to do.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:49 pm "The company responsible for this is Monta Weapontech. It's a Celican based weapons manufacturing company responsible for some of the most advanced weapons and armor on this planet, which is saying something." Hivemind said over comms. "So advanced that their soldiers were the only ones actually successful at fully repelling the Varanian invasion. Which is why the Varanian Warlord personally intervened and stomped their headquarters flat. We first encountered these creatures while apprehending Monta, the owner, for an unrelated offense. It's how I knew the only way to stop these things was to immobilize them without injuring them."

Once Hivemind was done explaining, he added "Once I get Corp patched up and sent back down to you guys, I will give you your next orders."

Hawk nodded, uncocking the revolver and holstering it as he sat down on the ground with a bit of a thud. "Hivemind, this Monta Weapontech Company," he said over comms, "They sound a bit familiar. Are they one of the subsidiaries of Nykallus Armaments?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Um, I’m not sure.” Kolt said, scratching the back of his neck in confusion. “I’m pretty sure I told him I want to join, but I don’t know if I actually asked him to sign me up.”

And I appreciate that you are sticking to it, despite the discomfort. Quint said, as he finished off the last of his burger, taking another big gulp of soda before handing control back over to Jenny. So, where would you like to head now?

“Weren’t those the guys the Shipmaster said “called” the Varanians to this place?” Liz asked, ignoring what Hawk was saying.”If they’re behind those monsters too, something shady is definitely going down here.”

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:20 pm"Best've met f'r years, luv," Sarah told her boyfriend before licking his nose.
"Oh, ye've been practisin' wi' other dogs, huh?" Cailean asks, a mischievous gleam in his eye.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana tilted her head at Recon's description, becoming more eager to engage in the new entertainment before here. When they got to the food stands Tatiana was quite simple in comparison to Recon, holding only a bucket of popcorn and some chicken wings. Gazing at Recon's mountain of food she pondered if she under did it, but shrugged. If she did she was sure she could get Recon to super speed more snacks to her. Or swipe some of Recon's if she truly did 'get too much.' "Is there really such a thing as too much food?" She said, in a curious tone, before following up with another question. "And... do ya want help carrying that? I literally don't need hands to help."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:34 pm She takes her time checking and cleaning her gear, putting off answering the machine at first. Mildly annoyed at having to answer the same question twice within the span of twenty minutes. "I told you, Hyperion station." she grumbles, as if that should be a landmark anyone would just know.
"You're going to have to be more specific than that." Hivemind said flatly. "Hyperion Station is a chain of space-ship refueling stations known for their unlimited soda machines and alarmingly cheap food of questionable quality. The only other known match is the Hyperion-Class Starship classification which was specifically created for the Beacon of Hope starship because nobody knew what the heck to call a continent-sized ship with an Alcubierre drive as it's primary method of locomotion. Given you seem to assume I know what Hyperion Station you mean, it is obviously not the gas station, and since I've never seen you before you obviously aren't from the Beacon... Oh." Hivemind paused for a minute. Why didn't he recognize...? "Have you ever heard of a species known as Rhoui, or one that goes by the species name Kaal?"

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:20 pm "Good," Corp said, seemingly ignoring all the stuff about insurance and heading over to the dropship, "the 'investigation's not done!"
Hivemind pulled a sort of medical kit out of the dropship and approached Corp. "Turn around. Let me see the injury." As soon as Corp complied, Hivemind pulled out a sort of spray-on disinfectant and a packet of what looked like small spiders. "This is going to sting, so be aware of that. It's also going to feel like bugs are crawling on you, but ignore that. It's just the medibots." Hivemind sprayed the disinfectant on the injury, then allowed the spider-like medibots to crawl out of the packet onto Corp's back. The robots got to work, first by injecting minute amounts of painkiller across the chemical burn. They started to clean the wound, scrubbing away any dirt, debris, and residual chemicals from the burn before weaving a kind of web-like patch over the injury like an adhesive gauze.

Once the bots were done, they shriveled up and dropped onto the ground. "Right. That should hold for now. You good to go back to the rest of the team?" Hivemind asked.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:20 pm "Heh," Jenevive replied absently, "with my life, things were intense at times. You've met my mother."
"Point taken." Randy said as he listened in on the conversation between Nocturl and the kids.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:20 pm "Mr Nocturl's trying to make us sick," Jaken 'whispered' in an aside to Corvis.
"Most would be needing to clean the floor," Corvis replied with similar 'control' over volume.
"I thought they'd given you all that back, Mr Nocturl, sir," Jaken asked.
"They sort of had to scrape me off the floor with a spatula and a couple shovels." Nocturl shrugged. Naturally they missed a stain or two that used to be my organs.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:20 pm Hannabelle sniped an opponent from a hidden position, then shifted away...
...Right into Gear's arms. The cyborg smiled down at her, sneaked a peck-kiss on her forehead, and blocked a shot aimed at her back with his gun before returning fire and disabling the attacker's weapon.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:20 pm Keeva waited on Pred, keeping him company and talking with him generally about his hopes and what he wanted to do.
Predator walked up to a hive droid. "What should Keeva and I do?" he asked.

"Head back to the Beacon for now, Predator. Send me your records of what happened when you get back." the droid said. "The tunnels to the bomb shelter are too small for you to fit in. Nothing left for you to do here."

Predator acknowledged with a nod, then blasted off into the sky.

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:17 pm Hawk nodded, uncocking the revolver and holstering it as he sat down on the ground with a bit of a thud. "Hivemind, this Monta Weapontech Company," he said over comms, "They sound a bit familiar. Are they one of the subsidiaries of Nykallus Armaments?"
"No, they are completely unrelated." Hivemind replied bluntly.
Legotron123 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:36 pm “Weren’t those the guys the Shipmaster said “called” the Varanians to this place?” Liz asked, ignoring what Hawk was saying.”If they’re behind those monsters too, something shady is definitely going down here.”
"The Varanians were called by someone disguised as the Vice President. They were working for the same people as the person who was disguised as Monta. Both the fake VP and the fake Monta have been captured." Hivemind explained.

Legotron123 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:36 pm ”Um, I’m not sure.” Kolt said, scratching the back of his neck in confusion. “I’m pretty sure I told him I want to join, but I don’t know if I actually asked him to sign me up.”
"If you told him you wanted to join, then he would have signed you up." Eira said. "He's proactive that way. Anyway, if you don't want to fight again yet, what do you suggest we do?"

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:43 pm Tatiana tilted her head at Recon's description, becoming more eager to engage in the new entertainment before here. When they got to the food stands Tatiana was quite simple in comparison to Recon, holding only a bucket of popcorn and some chicken wings. Gazing at Recon's mountain of food she pondered if she under did it, but shrugged. If she did she was sure she could get Recon to super speed more snacks to her. Or swipe some of Recon's if she truly did 'get too much.' "Is there really such a thing as too much food?" She said, in a curious tone, before following up with another question. "And... do ya want help carrying that? I literally don't need hands to help."
"Not to... unf... A speedster there isn't!" Recon said from under the pile of food. She strained to carry it all without dropping it when Tatiana offered to help. "Actually... Yeah... That... Would help... Thanks!" the speedster said, hefting the boxes higher to keep them from slipping out of her hands.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:44 pm"You're going to have to be more specific than that." Hivemind said flatly. "Hyperion Station is a chain of space-ship refueling stations known for their unlimited soda machines and alarmingly cheap food of questionable quality. The only other known match is the Hyperion-Class Starship classification which was specifically created for the Beacon of Hope starship because nobody knew what the heck to call a continent-sized ship with an Alcubierre drive as it's primary method of locomotion. Given you seem to assume I know what Hyperion Station you mean, it is obviously not the gas station, and since I've never seen you before you obviously aren't from the Beacon... Oh." Hivemind paused for a minute. Why didn't he recognize...? "Have you ever heard of a species known as Rhoui, or one that goes by the species name Kaal?"
"Wha... no it's not! it's the sector headquarters for the terran colonial battlefleet along the Terran/Anraki border! it's a ******* massive orbital shipyard. Biggest the humans have ever built!" she seems incredulous at hivemind's response, staring at him as if he's lost his mind. how could he not be aware of the forward HQ of an empire that controls half of it's home galaxy?

"Kaal founded the aliance. Dominant power in andromeda. how do you know about them but not about anything else?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:44 pm "No, they are completely unrelated." Hivemind replied bluntly.
Though he suspected as such, seeing that Nykallus Armaments had clean hands, Hawk nodded to Hivemind's reply then leaned back where he was sitting and waited. The info he heard about the Varanians was interesting as he had no previous interactions with them but it didn't hold his attention for long. He soon started to think about the creatures they were up against, how there seem to be a certain method to their ways. A normal beast would attack anything without care and remorse but these seemed different, he thought. Putting aside the fact they were engineered in a lab, Hawk began to suspect that maybe they were controlled in a way. Not by some scientist but perhaps the first creation; An Alpha B.O.W? "You know, if these beings were just regular B.O.Ws," he thought to his OtherSide, "The damage here would've been a lot more severe. Yet, the damage seems less animalistic and more methodical."
"You suspect there to be an Alpha of some kind; a leader of sorts" His OtherSide said, Hawk nodding accordingly, "If there is, I'm gonna need your help with it." His OtherSide smiled, agreeing to help him as Hawk continued to wait for Hivemind's next instructions.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Always," Corp said simply, having stiffened against the new impact of pain, "if you have a spare backplate." He checked to make sure the knife rig still worked before getting ready to head back to the others.
--------------------
" Well," Jenny said aloud, trying to keep her thoughts to herself, " I think there's a racetrack around here," she said with a grin. She checked on that fact with a Hivebot.
-------------------
"We could always go check, Mister Lycan," Jaken asked, putting on his best 'plate eyes' look. "They've never seen a spaceship from another dimension," he added, indicating the family.
------------------
"Been none were worth it," Sarah told Cailean.
-----------------
Sana kept to her 'date day;' with Denver, still occasionally thinking about the interview she needed to do later.
---------------
"It's a good job you don't have an ego," Keeva counselled. "All that and not even a 'good work'? Some would be irritated, Pred. Take it from me, you did great work down there today. I'd say, what, ten people owe you their lives."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I’d like to do some other way of competing with our powers, something that involves practicing our fine control rather than our brute strength. Like.....” Kolt trailed off, his right hand raised and his fingers fiddling with themselves in some sort of behavioral quirk as he stared off into space, trying to think of something that fit his criteria. “Like using our powers to throw darts at a board without touching them with our hands.”

Most likely. And if not, I suspect he could easily create one in some sort of virtual reality simulator. Probably in some sort of exotic locale.

“Right, yeah, just got them mixed up in my head. Never really had a knack for that sorta conspiracy stuff.” Liz said, as she and Lewis reloaded their weapons. “Still, I’m thinking it’s likely we’ll find something shady down here.”

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana simply held out a hand and floated the most precarious containers of food into the air, hopefully leaving Recon with only the food she could comfortably carry without worry. She tilted her head a bit in amusement. "I can only imagine being a speedster means eating is also fast. ... I don't even know what would happen if I ate that much."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:30 pm "Wha... no it's not! it's the sector headquarters for the terran colonial battlefleet along the Terran/Anraki border! it's a ******* massive orbital shipyard. Biggest the humans have ever built!" she seems incredulous at hivemind's response, staring at him as if he's lost his mind. how could he not be aware of the forward HQ of an empire that controls half of it's home galaxy?

"Kaal founded the aliance. Dominant power in andromeda. how do you know about them but not about anything else?"
"So interuniversal portals are appearing in bathrooms now." The hive droid chuckled, talking mostly to itself. "I feel like there's a joke in here somewhere." Hivemind looked towards the new alien. "If you know what Kaal are, that means you have somehow crossed over into an alternate universe. At the present time I have no idea how, but apparently there was a sort of... spatial displacement. A supposedly rare phenomenon I theorize results from the instability of this universe's laws of physics, and a... thinning of the void between our universe and yours." The droid crossed it's arms and paced back and forth, talking as much to itself as it was to Shaska. "They've been occurring more frequently. First Kol, then the twins, then the entire Steelhaven, and now it happens in a random bathroom? Curious..."

He addresses Shaska once again. "I don't know of Hyperion station, nor of any Terran/Anraki border beyond the files I got from Talya. I don't know of them because they don't exist in my universe. Likewise, you have never heard of the Champions or the Beacon of Hope despite us being the most powerful force in the galaxy because we don't exist in your universe. I feel like I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do... But I'll spare you that for now. We need to work on what you should do next. I would suggest accompanying me to the Beacon."

--------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:52 am Though he suspected as such, seeing that Nykallus Armaments had clean hands, Hawk nodded to Hivemind's reply then leaned back where he was sitting and waited. The info he heard about the Varanians was interesting as he had no previous interactions with them but it didn't hold his attention for long. He soon started to think about the creatures they were up against, how there seem to be a certain method to their ways. A normal beast would attack anything without care and remorse but these seemed different, he thought. Putting aside the fact they were engineered in a lab, Hawk began to suspect that maybe they were controlled in a way. Not by some scientist but perhaps the first creation; An Alpha B.O.W? "You know, if these beings were just regular B.O.Ws," he thought to his OtherSide, "The damage here would've been a lot more severe. Yet, the damage seems less animalistic and more methodical."
"You suspect there to be an Alpha of some kind; a leader of sorts" His OtherSide said, Hawk nodding accordingly, "If there is, I'm gonna need your help with it." His OtherSide smiled, agreeing to help him as Hawk continued to wait for Hivemind's next instructions.
Hivemind gave a mental sigh. "I can sense your vitals through the suit. I can tell you're overthinking this. Stop. That's my job." he said through Hawk's earpiece. "Don't stress about investigating the bioweapons. I have an entire branch of the Champions dedicated to investigations. Focus on kicking their tails for now, then tell me your theories when you get back."
Legotron123 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:04 pm “Right, yeah, just got them mixed up in my head. Never really had a knack for that sorta conspiracy stuff.” Liz said, as she and Lewis reloaded their weapons. “Still, I’m thinking it’s likely we’ll find something shady down here.”
"I agree." Hivemind said. "It is unlikely what you find down there will be friendly, but odds are they will be Monta soldiers and Scientists. My current theory is that this is a sort of observation bunker. Citizen records indicate the bulk of people living in this town were mostly anti-war advocates and low level Monta employees with strikes on their record. It is possible this was a field test of the bioweapon. If they were willing to do that..." Hivemind paused, thinking. "Be cautious, all of you. Try not to be seen. Knowing this company, the soldiers likely have orders to execute the scientists rather than let them fall into our hands. That's assuming they haven't already now that we ruined their little experiment."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 am "We could always go check, Mister Lycan," Jaken asked, putting on his best 'plate eyes' look. "They've never seen a spaceship from another dimension," he added, indicating the family.
The Lycan smiled and shook his head. "Sorry. We don't have permission to enter. It's a private ship, so we'd have to ask it's owner."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 am "It's a good job you don't have an ego," Keeva counselled. "All that and not even a 'good work'? Some would be irritated, Pred. Take it from me, you did great work down there today. I'd say, what, ten people owe you their lives."
"He did say good work, as well as a lot of other stuff. He is quite talkative." Predator said to Keeva as they exited the atmosphere. "We're robots. We can communicate a lot more information via wireless interface than can be said vocally."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 am " Well," Jenny said aloud, trying to keep her thoughts to herself, " I think there's a racetrack around here," she said with a grin. She checked on that fact with a Hivebot.
"Well, that depends on what kind of race you're looking for. There's the Speedster Sprint Circuit near Champion Tower. It's a place where speedsters have foot races, though normally it's just used for training and not professional races. There's a stock car loop downtown. And, that's about it for the Capitol District. There are other districts with different kinds of race tracks, including aquatic races, aerial races, RC races, drag races, and more."

Legotron123 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:04 pm ”I’d like to do some other way of competing with our powers, something that involves practicing our fine control rather than our brute strength. Like.....” Kolt trailed off, his right hand raised and his fingers fiddling with themselves in some sort of behavioral quirk as he stared off into space, trying to think of something that fit his criteria. “Like using our powers to throw darts at a board without touching them with our hands.”
"Can't do that in the gym, but there's a target range a few doors down the hall meant for ranged Champions to practice. To tell you the truth, I focus maybe a little too hard on close combat. Maybe I should give ranged fighting a little practice." Eira said with a light shrug.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:20 pm Tatiana simply held out a hand and floated the most precarious containers of food into the air, hopefully leaving Recon with only the food she could comfortably carry without worry. She tilted her head a bit in amusement. "I can only imagine being a speedster means eating is also fast. ... I don't even know what would happen if I ate that much."
"Speedsters burn a ton of calories. More than any other power, I think." Recon explained. "I think I'm at a 50K calorie per day requirement." She took a seat and started eating while she looked down in the stadium.

The stadium itself resembled a very large football stadium, but in the center wasn't a football field. Instead, it was more like natural terrain. It was symmetrical, with rocky, craggy terrain on each far side, then forests, and finally a small river flowing right down the middle.

"Interesting. The rough terrain could go either way. On one hand, it seriously favors Wyvern's flying in terms of mobility. On the other hand, there's plenty of cover for Kite to use to either get out of sight or deflect Wyvern's ranged attacks." Recon considered.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 am "Always," Corp said simply, having stiffened against the new impact of pain, "if you have a spare backplate." He checked to make sure the knife rig still worked before getting ready to head back to the others.
The hive droid reached behind its back. There was a slight hissing sound, and the droid pulled it's own backplate off. It slid the ceramic plate into the slot left behind when Corp removed his own plate. "Not a perfect fit. Yours was bigger. But it's better than nothing. Just don't do any handstands, alright? Don't want the plate sliding out of place."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:18 pm"So interuniversal portals are appearing in bathrooms now." The hive droid chuckled, talking mostly to itself. "I feel like there's a joke in here somewhere." Hivemind looked towards the new alien. "If you know what Kaal are, that means you have somehow crossed over into an alternate universe."
she scoffs and rolls her eyes, already ready to write the bot off as defective as he talks about alternate realities. instead looking for a good spot to climb down.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:18 pm"At the present time I have no idea how, but apparently there was a sort of... spatial displacement. A supposedly rare phenomenon I theorize results from the instability of this universe's laws of physics, and a... thinning of the void between our universe and yours." The droid crossed it's arms and paced back and forth, talking as much to itself as it was to Shaska. "They've been occurring more frequently. First Kol, then the twins, then the entire Steelhaven, and now it happens in a random bathroom? Curious..."

He addresses Shaska once again.
Or rather he tries to, she's currently making her way down a fire escape as he stands around talking to himself.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:18 pm"I don't know of Hyperion station, nor of any Terran/Anraki border beyond the files I got from Talya. I don't know of them because they don't exist in my universe. Likewise, you have never heard of the Champions or the Beacon of Hope-"
"Wait wait wait wait, Hold up. What the **** does a ghost ship rumor about a Phantom IFF signature have to do with your insane theory? Wait, Dont tell me, that mystery ship somehow exists here, despite being nothing but a datanet rumor about disappearing ships, right?" she shouts back, exasperated, but halting her decent briefly, cutting hive off and talking over him.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Wasn't planning on any," Corp gruffed. He took a couple of steps and turned back with the merest hint of a grin. "And you better get inside before it rains." He headed back to where the others were gathered and looked up to the one half way down the building. "You coming or have you a note?"
--------------------
"Mind if I think of you as an android, Pred," Keeva asked. "With the exception of not looking like a flesh and blood type lifeform, your personality is that of an individual." She tapped one of his surfaces. "Very few ways to mass produce a personality, my friend. And I MEAN that word, by the way."
-------------------
"Three days ago," Jenevive admitted, "the phrase 'spaceship from another dimension' could only have come from the Killrangers series."
"I saw that episode," Jaken agreed.
"They, um, just killed the bad guys," Corvis told Nocturl quickly, trying not to look too shifty.
"He probably guessed that," Golten said 'helpfully'.
-----------------
" I was thinking more for Motorcycles," Jenny admitted. " Show my current co-pilot a few things." IF you think you can take it, she added mentally, with a chuckle.
----------------
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue May 11, 2021 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:18 pm Hivemind gave a mental sigh. "I can sense your vitals through the suit. I can tell you're overthinking this. Stop. That's my job." he said through Hawk's earpiece. "Don't stress about investigating the bioweapons. I have..."
Before he could even finish, Hawk had removed and deactivated the earpiece and pocketed it in his jacket as he stood up from the ground, wiping some of the dirt off his backside before rolling his eyes. He wasn't overthinking anything in regards to the mission at hand but, instead, just weighing some simple yet believable variables with his OtherSide. Same time, he wanted to keep any current conversation with his OtherSide private and away from the ears of Hivemind at the moment. He turned his attention to the door, the thoughts about an Alpha B.O.W still resting in his mind but put on the backburner as he thought back to what Hivemind said about this Monta Weapontech. "Five to one this Monta Crew have an execute anyone order if anything goes haywire, meaning that if one manages to sneak in, even successfully, you still run the risk of losing one civvie," Hawk thought to his OtherSide, unaware that was what Hivemind was saying after he turned off his earpiece, as he placed his paw under his chin. Even though the conversation was in Hawk's mind, it was in an language that only those two understood, done on purpose as to hide what he had planned and what he had planned hinged on two factors: No causalities on any side, be it Monta or the scientists, and no involvement from The Champions. There was this feeling in Hawk that both Monta and the Champions have some bad history and if anyone in the bunker knows the Champions are there? Then all heck would probably break loose. No, if his plan was to succeed, then anyone in the bunker, armed or not, could not know that he was working with the Champions in any shape. To say his plan was basically playing poker with Death would be putting it kindly. With his OtherSide in agreement with his plan (one that he made sure didn't involve Hawk's usual ways i.e raining bullets everywhere), Hawk casually and without suspicion, walked out of the building and began looking for another way to the bunker. "Remember: Stick to the plan, Hawk," his OtherSide reminded him, still in the same language they were using, as Hawk continued the trek, acknowledging the OtherSide with a gentle nod as he placed the earpiece back in his ear, "Hivemind, you copy?" he began, "I'm going AWOL for a bit so don't contact me. I'm going to see if I can get into where these guys are, find out what's going on and to what extent and find a way to deactivate their weapons to prevent any causalities of any type, then I'll let your boys in. If this fails in any way, I will take all the blame and say that this was a bounty hunt gone wrong and get the public to go against a previous employer of mine. This all hinges on the next few minutes going exactly to plan. Again, do not contact me or send any of the other Champions down until I give the word. Hawk, over and out."
Last edited by SeanWolf on Fri May 14, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:04 am "Wasn't planning on any," Corp gruffed. He took a couple of steps and turned back with the merest hint of a grin. "And you better get inside before it rains." He headed back to where the others were gathered and looked up to the one half way down the building. "You coming or have you a note?"
"Yeah for some reason humans like to stand around and talk far too much. I'd rather be out loking for the next target." She states leaving the implication of there always being a next target unsaid.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Good," Corp admitted. "Always having a next target means you intend to survive this one." He ran a final check over his weapons before starting for the door he'd come out of. "We're up against creatures that move like Olympic Cheetahs, are near impossible to kill and can climb buildings like we cross the street. Preparation's also smart," he said, heading towards the danger.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Yeah, that sounds perfect.” Kolt said with a smile and a faint wag of his tail. “Let’s go do that. Bet I hit more targets than you!”

I think I will be fine. Can not be any worse than that time me and Kolt had to battle on top of a moving train. Also, remind me or Kolt to tell you about that at some point. He still thinks of it as one of the coolest fights he has been in.

Liz and Lewis shared a look of absolute disbelief at Hawk’s stupidity before radioing it in. ”Hivemind, the self-inflated moron just left the building, any idea what he’s doing?” She asked, sounding tired and annoyed with Hawk’s behavior.

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana tilted her head in amusement. "Well, just don't choke on any of those 50K calories I guess." She glanced about the battlefield for the coming fight. It looked nice, she had to admit, but she didn't really know how she would utilize the terrain if it were her down there. "Accuracy and flanking will help here. I doubt destroying cover would help any." Tatiana simply gave a shrug and sat back in her seat comfortably. "Well, I guess that's all fights really. Hit and don't get hit. Let's see who's better today."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:57 am"We're up against creatures that move like Olympic Cheetahs, are near impossible to kill and can climb buildings like we cross the street. Preparation's also smart," he said, heading towards the danger.
"I tried that, but sniping from the roof of a four story building apparently wasnt 'prepared' enough." she points out as she finishes climbing down to Corp's position.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 am "Been none were worth it," Sarah told Cailean.
"Aye, Ah can imagine it bein' hard tae find someone good enough fer ye. Makes sense ye had tae look tae Scotland." Cailean teases. "We hae th' best dogs in Scotland. Except yerself, o' course."

Conall coughs politely and taps his wrist.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:34 pm "Wait wait wait wait, Hold up. What the **** does a ghost ship rumor about a Phantom IFF signature have to do with your insane theory? Wait, Dont tell me, that mystery ship somehow exists here, despite being nothing but a datanet rumor about disappearing ships, right?" she shouts back, exasperated, but halting her decent briefly, cutting hive off and talking over him.
Hivemind followed the new alien and Corp down to the ground level. "Ghost ship IFF? Interesting..." Hivemind thought about this for a minute. "Well, the Beacon of Hope is certainly not a ghost ship. It's a mobile civilization. Population is over ten billion. Look at the sky and you'll see it orbiting." Hivemind pointed up at the clear sky, and at the ship so large it was clearly visible from the surface despite being over a hundred thousand miles away. "We've picked up a number of distress signals from smaller ships lately. It's possible that those missing ships vanished from your world and reappeared in mine by mistake. Whenever this would happen, our IFF would, for the split second the barrier between our universes breaks down, be able to be received by ships and stations on your end."

-------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:04 am "Mind if I think of you as an android, Pred," Keeva asked. "With the exception of not looking like a flesh and blood type lifeform, your personality is that of an individual." She tapped one of his surfaces. "Very few ways to mass produce a personality, my friend. And I MEAN that word, by the way."
"I don't mind." Predator said as they got closer to the ship. "Though I more resemble an autonomous mech, Android is easier to say I suppose. As for my personality... I think I'm still figuring it out."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:04 am "Three days ago," Jenevive admitted, "the phrase 'spaceship from another dimension' could only have come from the Killrangers series."
"I saw that episode," Jaken agreed.
"They, um, just killed the bad guys," Corvis told Nocturl quickly, trying not to look too shifty.
"He probably guessed that," Golten said 'helpfully'.
"Uh huh. Sure." Nocturl grinned.

"Anyway..." Randy interjected, changing the subject. "The Steelhaven isn't ours, so we can't enter without permission. It isn't Hivemind's, so we can't ask him for permission. If you wanted to board, you'd need to ask the owner."

"And that'd be a problem, since the Captain isn't home. I tried dropping in on her before I came here, but she wasn't home."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:04 am " I was thinking more for Motorcycles," Jenny admitted. " Show my current co-pilot a few things." IF you think you can take it, she added mentally, with a chuckle.
"Hmm..." Hivemind thought for a moment. "There are dirt-bike tracks here and there. The Arid district has a few. The Subterrain has some great dirt tunnels to ride down. Though you have a street bike, so you probably aren't looking for dirt bike courses. Street bike racing tracks aren't in high demand, so there aren't really any specifically dedicated to bikes. However, if you just wanted a place to ride around at high speed you could try the Freeway Tunnels. Everyone uses portal doors, so there's rarely any traffic."

SeanWolf wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:43 am Before he could even finish, Hawk had removed and deactivated the earpiece and pocketed it in his jacket as he stood up from the ground, wiping some of the dirt off his backside before rolling his eyes. He wasn't overthinking anything in regards to the mission at hand but, instead, just weighing some simple yet believable variables with his OtherSide. Same time, he wanted to keep any current conversation with his OtherSide private and away from the ears of Hivemind at the moment. He turned his attention to the door, the thoughts about an Alpha B.O.W still resting in his mind but put on the backburner as he thought back to what Hivemind said about this Monta Weapontech. "Five to one this Monta Crew have an execute anyone order if anything goes haywire, meaning that if one manages to sneak in, even successfully, you still run the risk of losing one civvie," Hawk thought to his OtherSide, unaware that was what Hivemind was saying after he turned off his earpiece, as he placed his paw under his chin. Even though the conversation was in Hawk's mind, it was in an language that only those two understood, done on purpose as to hide what he had planned and what he had planned hinged on two factors: No causalities on any side, be it Monta or the scientists, and no involvement from The Champions. There was this feeling in Hawk that both Monta and the Champions have some bad history and if anyone in the bunker knows the Champions are there? Then all heck would probably break loose. No, if his plan was to succeed, then anyone in the bunker, armed or not, could not know that he was working with the Champions in any shape. To say his plan was basically playing poker with Death would be putting it kindly. With his OtherSide in agreement with his plan (one that he made sure didn't involve Hawk's usual ways i.e raining bullets everywhere), Hawk casually and without suspicion, walked out of the building and began looking for another way to the bunker. "Remember: Stick to the plan, Hawk," his OtherSide reminded him, still in the same language they were using, as Hawk continued the trek, acknowledging the OtherSide with a gentle nod as he placed the earpiece back in his ear, "Hivemind, you copy?" he began, "I'm going AWOL for a bit so don't contact me. I'm going to see if I can get into where these guys are, find out what's going on and to what extent and find a way to deactivate their weapons to prevent any causalities of any type, then I'll let your boys in. If this fails in any way, I will take all the blame and say that this was a bounty hunt gone wrong and get the public to go against a previous employer of mine. This all hinges on the next few minutes going exactly to plan. Again, do not contact me or send any of the other Champions down until I give the word. Hawk, over and out."
"HOLD IT!" A hive droid stepped in Hawk's way as he stepped outside of the building. "Just what do you think you're doing? You do NOT go against MY ORDERS!" he shouted angrily... before quietly adding "Play along. They are watching and listening. They will know you're with me if we don't do this. Every time, you run off and do your own thing. You are arrogant, cocky, and a danger to your team. You are going to get people killed!" He glanced around, then added "Scans show a bomb from yesterday's fighting caused a cave-in in one of the tunnels to the north. Move some of the rubble in the crater, and you should be able to access the bunker from there. Once inside, find somewhere to put these..." Hivemind carefully slipped a small sphere into Hawk's pocket. "These are a sort of 'fly-on-the-wall' microbots. They're untraceable, and will let me see everything in the room. They can move around on their own, so just find somewhere to put the spherical container." Finally, Hivemind stepped closer and grabbed Hawk's champion identification badge, swiping it away from the wolf. "You don't deserve to wear this badge. It was a mistake to hire you. You're fired! Not really. Now tear off my head and leave in a rage. Head for the crater to the north. Good luck."

- - - - -
Legotron123 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:57 pm Liz and Lewis shared a look of absolute disbelief at Hawk’s stupidity before radioing it in. ”Hivemind, the self-inflated moron just left the building, any idea what he’s doing?” She asked, sounding tired and annoyed with Hawk’s behavior.
"I know what he's doing. Don't worry about him for now. He'll meet us inside." Hivemind answered, still waiting on Corp.

Legotron123 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:57 pm ”Yeah, that sounds perfect.” Kolt said with a smile and a faint wag of his tail. “Let’s go do that. Bet I hit more targets than you!”
Eira led the way to the target range next to the gym. She opened the door and entered. "This is a pretty unique target range. You can set it up in all sorts of ways, and there's even a room where you run through and shoot at the targets in a sort of 360 interactive environment. There's even a setting that lets the targets "shoot" back at you."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:53 pm Tatiana tilted her head in amusement. "Well, just don't choke on any of those 50K calories I guess." She glanced about the battlefield for the coming fight. It looked nice, she had to admit, but she didn't really know how she would utilize the terrain if it were her down there. "Accuracy and flanking will help here. I doubt destroying cover would help any." Tatiana simply gave a shrug and sat back in her seat comfortably. "Well, I guess that's all fights really. Hit and don't get hit. Let's see who's better today."
Recon nodded, then focused her attention on the battleground. The spotlights were focusing on either end as the announcer introduced the match. "Ladies, Gentlemen, and otherwise! Welcome to the Capitol District Battledome! Our next match? Kite versus Wyvern! Both combatants are experienced Champions with hundreds of missions on their record!" The spotlight focused on the north entrance to the arena. "On the North Side, we have Kite! A human from planet Earth, Kite is the defensive powerhouse of every team he is on. Capable of generating shields to defend against nearly any attack, Kite is the ultimate Tank!"

Kite stepped into the arena. One would have to rely on the Announcer's word that he was human, as his entire body was covered by a heavy set of powered armor, concealing his actual appearance. Kite stepped out onto then entry platform and waited for his opponent.

"On the South Side, we have Wyvern! One of the Daci from Dacia, Wyvern's body is covered in steely scales that are not easily breached. Wyvern is an expert flier, and is strong enough to haul a fully loaded pickup high into the air! Coupled with his ranged fire breath, his skills make him a well rounded and versatile Jack-Of-All-Trades!"

Wyvern, a bipedal, red, dragon-like alien stepped onto his own starting platform and waved to the crowd. His arms were wings, though they had dexterous fingers about halfway down sort of like a bat, only it was a whole hand rather than a single clawed finger.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:28 pm "HOLD IT!" A hive droid stepped in Hawk's way as he stepped outside of the building. "Just what do you think you're doing? You do NOT go against MY ORDERS!" he shouted angrily... before quietly adding "Play along. They are watching and listening. They will know you're with me if we don't do this. Every time, you run off and do your own thing. You are arrogant, cocky, and a danger to your team. You are going to get people killed!" He glanced around, then added "Scans show a bomb from yesterday's fighting caused a cave-in in one of the tunnels to the north. Move some of the rubble in the crater, and you should be able to access the bunker from there. Once inside, find somewhere to put these..." Hivemind carefully slipped a small sphere into Hawk's pocket. "These are a sort of 'fly-on-the-wall' microbots. They're untraceable, and will let me see everything in the room. They can move around on their own, so just find somewhere to put the spherical container." Finally, Hivemind stepped closer and grabbed Hawk's champion identification badge, swiping it away from the wolf. "You don't deserve to wear this badge. It was a mistake to hire you. You're fired! Not really. Now tear off my head and leave in a rage. Head for the crater to the north. Good luck."
A small-yet-quick smirk flashed across Hawk's face as the hive droid "berated" him, signaling to Hivemind that he understood completely while surprised that he was letting him do this in the first place. "Might've been a mistake for you," Hawk then growled as the droid swiped his ID badge, "But it worked out for me." The second the droid turned around, Hawk whipped out his revolver and unloaded on the droid, destroying it though leaving the head intact for a brief moment. He lifted the head up, allowing it to focus on his face, and grinned, "Consider this your only warning: You al have bounties on your head and I will not hesitate to attack any of you if I see you..." he lifted the revolver and cocked the hammer, "...and I will collect those prices." He then pointed the gun at the droid's head and fired, destroying the head in one clean hit. The destroyed head dropped out of his paw and hit the ground with a crack and a thud, the parts inside dropping out and scattering. While Hawk holstered his revolver, he nonchalantly placed his other hand against his jacket's pocket and feeling the small sphere he was slipped. "Clever droid," he quietly said to himself. Reaching down where the droid's remains were, he picked up the ID badge, held it in his paw for a bit before dropping it onto the remains, along with the comm-piece he was given, and headed north for the crater, keeping Hivemind's instructions in mind.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Seems you've done the same reality trip most of us have done," Corp told Shaska, still checking his rig and other weapons as he headed back to the others. "Much prefer you to that pillock," he added, nodding towards the distant Hawk. "Call me Corp, if you want."
---------------------------
"So," Keeva said, "plants, acrobatics, heroics. What's next on your want to do list?"
-------------------------
Jenevive checked her time piece. "Isn't it about time for the fights to start," she asked.
"If it is," Jaken asked Nocturl, "you wanna join us?" He glanced at the Lycan. "Would he need a ticket?"
------------------------
With a destination in mind, Jenny went back to pick up her Motorcycle and the protective gear to take it down to the tunnels, putting safety first. And then going at 100mph around curves, chicanes and performing 'tricks' for a laugh. She was still careful to keep an eye out for the traffic that 'wasn't' there.
-----------------------
(Sana prodded Denver)
----------------------
"'Eard there's a Corgi Prince 'n' Wales,..." Sarah joked, before noting Conall. Y'right, we cotta get on, like, she signed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Sounds pretty cool!" Kolt said, sounding a little excited for this. Let's do a few of the simpler settings first, then move onto the more complex settings if we still have time before we need to leave for the tournament. Anything you'd recommend?" He asked Eira, deciding to let the person who seemed to know what all the settings were on this machine pick out which one to do first.
--
Quint stayed quiet in the back of Jenny's head, electing to merely enjoy the ride.
--
"Mmm. I don't like that guy." Liz said simply, going back to checking her weapon. "Gives me the impression that he thinks he knows a lot more than he does."