Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

"That's... actually and interesting thought. What are the death conditions for him? I mean, I can repair starships, as long as I can fix him he shouldn't really die, right?" Chris asks, a slight hint of concern in his voice.
------
"Never better," Colorado replied to Sarah. "Shouldn't be but a few months and then the real settling in begins."
------
"From what I gathered on the tram ride over, I think so? Y'all are kinda like foxes. At least in looks. Though I dunno if they'd have any at the zoo. Either way, guess we'll find out," Denver says as he fishes around in his pocket for his credit chip and hands it to the ticket worker.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded at Recon's words, "Ah, thank you." She made her way over to the specialty clothing and started poking around, feeling a bit over whelmed by the selection all things considered. Whereas her borrowing some attachments for the small celebration after beating the mech was somehow simpler, the idea of actually owning some almost brought her to pause. "They really have a lot, huh?" She started to fumble around, not sure if to start with her Shell's head, back, arms or what parts would even go together, while the idea of a normal jacket still floated in the back of her mind.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:17 pmHawk nodded and signed the waiver, all the while thinking to The OtherSide, "You want to freak everyone out here? I know we have codes and one of them is to not show-off in this type of matter, but I kind of feel like doing it today." The OtherSide chuckled, "If you are referring to what I think you are referring to...then by all means, let's do it."
The waiter left the room and the sound of people rushing around in the kitchen began. About half an hour of food preparation later, the waiter came back with a platter holding an enormous burger that was bigger than Hawk's head. "Here you go." The waiter said, setting a bottle of hot sauce down on the table.

-----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:54 am "Well," Jenny said, putting her hand close to his, "you were overwhelmed is all. That's what you tell 'em. Just that you gave in for a little while but you pulled yourself out of it." She smiled. "You had a little help but you did a lot of the pulling yourself and it was your kids gave you courage to try, I'm sure of that. Y'know," she added, "I never really had a father but I sometimes wonder what they'd think of me. But you? You're with your kids forever, my friend. Watching them grow, helping them out, seeing videos of their sports days, seeing those sports days when you're out of here..." she waggled a finger. "... and disapproving of any dates they ever get. You're going to get to do all that over the years. And, even when the worst things happen?" She leaned a little closer. "They won't be afraid because they'll have the greatest example that love can provide that things don't end that easy. They'll have you. And you'll have them. That's courage, hope and love. Three great and powerful emotions." Now she did actually put hands to his. "And you have all of them. Puts fear back in the shadows, eh?"
The necromancer smiled slightly, looking down. "Thank you." He looked Jenny in the eyes. "Their dad messed up. But... I know I messed up. I'm trying to get better. That's what matters. Oh, speaking of..." The necromancer reached into his pocket and pulled out a small bundle of what looked like bones. "Hivemind's been trying to help me learn how to control my powers... by letting go of control. He printed out some bones from a replicator for me to practice on, and... Well, watch." He set the small bones down on the table, showing they appeared to be the bones of some kind of small bird. He placed a hand a few inches over the bones and took a breath. He let it out slowly, closing his eyes and concentrating.

The bones started to rattle and shift. They connected with one another to form the skeleton of a bird. The necromancer removed his hand and carefully watched the bird with his fingers crossed. After a moment, the skeleton twitched, then climbed to it's feet. It stumbled a bit, then shook itself off. The skeletal bird looked around with it's empty eye sockets.

It chirped, then flew off and landed on the floor a few meters away. It started hopping around as though looking for scraps of food.

"If my powers are to be a gift, not a curse, then I have to treat it as a gift. If I raise something only to give it life with no expectation of anything in return, that's exactly what happens. I have to desire the freedom of the thing I raise. I think... I really don't know for sure. But... that's what it looks like, anyway."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:54 am "Certainly," Jenevive replied, knowing full well that Corvis would want to go on the teacups first. Golten would want the Roller-Coaster. Then the Teacups.
"Why don't you have any Black fur," Golten asked.
"I fell in a vat of chemicals," Jaken announced. " Was lucky I didn't end up like the Hyena," he continued, thinking of one of the main villains from... "Oh! Iron Tail's here too. Really. He just calls himself Kolt."
Corvis mused on that as they passed through the gates. "A new secret Identity now his foes know of Grayven? Uh, can we go on the teacups?"
"Roller coaster first," Golten and Jaken said together, making themselves laugh.
"Looks like you're outvoted, Corvis." The Lycan laughed. "Don't worry. You'll get to go on the Teacups. The coasters are always pretty quick. That's the point, after all."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:54 am "Y'know," Hannabelle remarked as they walked through alien flora and Fauna, arm in arm, "this is probably the first time in years I've walked through a park without thinking - too much - about ambush points and other dangers? Although, of course, there aren't too many good ambush points here anyhow?"
"I know the feelin'." Gear said with a nod. "Even my resort was built with that in mind. Did ya know I can hit a target anywhere on the island from my hotel roof?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:54 am "Nothing good, I reckon," Keeva replied, letting responsibility control her fear, the same as she had when the STEELHAVEN was breaking up. "C'mon, Pred, we'd better get down to those lifesigns so we can get them in here. Whilst they're still there, I mean. We should, er, get as close as we can then let me down to invite them to come up here, yeah? Um, and, in case the fella's NOT watching? Better send up the Bat-signal?"
Predator removed his foot from the flattened creature and bent down over it. "This place is a dead zone. I can't reach the Beacon. There's some sort of signal jamming my communications with the ship. It's artificial, so... hang on... what...?!"

The creature began to stir. It's broken hands clenched, and it's flattened body started to re-inflate like an air mattress. Thick, chitinous shells, glistening with a mother-of-pearl sheen, grew on it's body in heavy plates. It gurgled and moaned and hissed. It climbed to it's feet and shrieked in rage.

That shriek echoed across the hills. The echoes continued for far longer than they should have. Predator then realized that it wasn't an echo. More of those creatures were out there, and this one had just called to them. He quickly punted the creature through the second-story window of a nearby building hoping to shut it up, but it was too late. Nearly two dozen of those monsters were flooding in from the outskirts of town, charging straight for the Predator's position.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:54 am"Don't worry, Captain," Corp said, convincing himself that he wasn't worried at least as he walked with the closest thing he had to family, "I'm sure a do-gooder with a planet sized battle station and an army of super-heroes never stays bored for long."
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:37 pm "Yeah, hopefully it's something simple though. Given what we've been through, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to do something crazy, like fighting raiders from the void between worlds, set to eliminate what they perceive as errors in reality." She joked, as they walked off in search of a Hivemind droid.
It wouldn't take too long to find a hive droid. After all, the droid that went with their group to the ship never left the communications station.

"Hey. Did you find what you were looking for?" the droid asked.

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:37 pm It wasn’t long before a connection was established, though rather than showing footage from some sort of camera, the screen display some sort of light blue void, with some sort of cartoon dragon thing in the center. "So, you must be the illustrious Hivemind." The cartoon dragon, now revealed to the avatar of Wyvern, said. "Oh, and Kolt. Hey Kolt, how you doing?" She asked, her avatar doing a surprisingly adorable head tilt.
Kolt scratched the back of his head and gave a friendly, if somewhat awkward, smile. "Eh, kinda mixed? Made some friends, fought an evil god, got a girlfriend, fo-" He paused for a moment, as Wyvern let out an oddly satisfied giggle. "Um, I fought another evil god, had a rather nice evening with my friends, and then this morning I nearly killed them all after being possessed by a rogue Yah Rin, so-"
"Hold on, WHAT?!?" Wyvern asked, her chibi little avatar looking quite shocked.
"Yeah, that's a thing that happened. I think Hivemind wants to talk to you about think related to this?" He turned towards Hivemind, giving him a look as if to say "your turn man."
"It was a Yah Rin known as Koh Sah." Hivemind said. "He was extracted from Kolt's head and forced into a corporeal state. He's in our custody. But that's not what I wanted to contact you about." Hivemind opened a secure storage compartment on his chest and pulled out the small device Koh Sah had used to portal to their world. "I was told I would need to have something for you to get your full attention. I have a fully functional Yah Rin portal device with a disabled anti-tamper mechanism, and a proposal." He held the device up to the camera. "Help me get this thing working, and I will help get your people back."

If that doesn't get Wyvern's full attention, Hivemind thought, nothing would.

Deske wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:37 am "That's... actually and interesting thought. What are the death conditions for him? I mean, I can repair starships, as long as I can fix him he shouldn't really die, right?" Chris asks, a slight hint of concern in his voice.
The demigod didn't respond for a moment. When he did, the voice was solemn and sympathetic. "Your power can restore his body. Even restore his brain. But it cannot restore his mind, nor his soul. Should the damage he sustain take away his body's ability to sustain a mind, sustain a soul... He will join me. Even if you repaired him, even if you backed up his memories and did your best to restore his mind... It would not be your friend. He would still be with me in my domain. At best, it would be a new soul with his memories."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:20 pm Tatiana nodded at Recon's words, "Ah, thank you." She made her way over to the specialty clothing and started poking around, feeling a bit over whelmed by the selection all things considered. Whereas her borrowing some attachments for the small celebration after beating the mech was somehow simpler, the idea of actually owning some almost brought her to pause. "They really have a lot, huh?" She started to fumble around, not sure if to start with her Shell's head, back, arms or what parts would even go together, while the idea of a normal jacket still floated in the back of her mind.
Recon was still zipping around, filling her arms with items and clothes. Occasionally she would return to Tatiana to check on her. "Hey! Any luck?" she asked.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana glanced slowly around the various attachments for helmets. "I just have no idea where to even begin." She said, picking up two sharp looking head ornaments. "Maybe glove or boot ornaments?" Tatiana turned to look at Recon. "Would I look stupid in a jacket or coat? Not a metal one, but like, real clothing?" Tatiana asked, her modulated voice showcasing her doubt, as she turned back to look at the ornaments in her hands uncertainly.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:07 pm The waiter left the room and the sound of people rushing around in the kitchen began. About half an hour of food preparation later, the waiter came back with a platter holding an enormous burger that was bigger than Hawk's head. "Here you go." The waiter said, setting a bottle of hot sauce down on the table.
Hawk looked at the massive burger that sat before him. He may have bitten off a bit more then he could chew in this case, he thought as he took in the awesome sight. His Other Side assured him the idea will still worked, though the outcome won't be pleasant. Taking a deep breath, he nodded and mumbled under his breath, "Bon appetite." Lifting the top bun off first, he poured the entire content of the hot sauce bottle onto the beast before setting the bun back down and lifting the entire burger up. A small grin then appeared across his face as he looked at the waiter along with a wink of his eye. Suddenly, much to the disgust of everyone, a loud cracking sound, like that of bones snapping, could be heard as Hawk's lower jaw began detaching itself like a snake, his Other Side helping with the job at hand. And then, very much like a snake, he took the burger and engulfed the entire beast in one fell move and began chewing it for a while before swallowing it, a large bulge traveling down his neck to his stomach. As warned by the OtherSide, the outcome of this move wasn't pleasant at all. As his healing powers allowed him to shrug off spicy ingredients, the catch was that the pain he would suffer in turn was multiplied by ten. As such, along with sweat pouring down his face and his paws gripping the counter, he was having a heartburn the size of a dragon as his body fought off the intense heat and sheer scale of the burger he was digesting. After a few more minutes, both the heat and the heartburn were soon gone and, letting out a sigh of relief, turned to the waiter, who looked disgusted at what happened, and smiled, his jaw now reattached, "My complements to the chef."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny had to admit she was a little surprised by the 'bone budgie's appearance and said cool" to her mental co-conspirator. "That's quite something," she admitted. "Y'know, I recall hearing of someone else who had an unfortunate power. He'd been in an accident with chemicals," she explained, "and had developed an ability to rot anything he touched with his left hand." She grimaced. "I remember reading he found out about it in quite a poor way. They managed to amputate the paramedic's arm. Took them two years to find a cure. But he found himself something to do in the meantime. His was a overly densely forested world with places where the canopy was too thick to get the heavy equipment in to create fire breaks." She smiled slightly. "So he found a way to make himself of use in those two years. Earned enough from rotting trees to buy a house and put his sister through University on Earth. Not quite Oxford or Harvard but still quite something, eh? His curse became a gift. Yours will too. Oh," she added, grimacing slightly, "and, to a lesser extent, I'm banned from every concert auditorium on Earth. Something to do with Sonic applause."
-------------------
"Yup,," Corp said. "Ready for the next thing."
-------------------
The 'squad' headed for the Roller Coaster, with Jaken in the first seat, the boys behind him and their mother behind them. She invited the Lycan to take a seat. "If I have to ride..."
------------------
"Well, that's just good thinking," Hannabelle said encouragingly. "You don't find a valley and say 'I'll build a Castle here' when there's a good hill nearby."
------------------
"Alright, Pred," Keeva said, trying to sound confident despite her heart being in her mouth. "I can't, er, process a plan to save these people faster than you can. If you want me to go down and get these people out whilst you lead these... whatevers... away and come pick up up at speed in a few minutes, just send me down. And you may want to disconnect the feelings for the moment, big guy."
-----------------
"Aye," Sarah nodded. "Figured tha'. Congrats t' ye."
"I'm thinking of making Corp a god-parent," Cherry said mischievously. "so he'll need to learn how to change diapers. Or Nappies. whatever they're called here."
-----------------
"And you, of course," Sana said, stepping into the semi busy park, "can see all the new species you need to learn the biology of, eh?" She led the way to an enclosure marked as "Badges" as the 'r' had vanished somewhere.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

When Hivemind brought out the device, both Kolt and Wyvern gained a look on their faces that made it look like they would've done a spit take if they had been drinking anything. There was a moments pause, before the screen started filling up with at least two dozen copies of Wyverns avatar, each one quietly murmuring to each other. "How did he disable the explosives? No one should've been able to touch it without losing an arm!" "He can't be serious about having turned a Yah Rin corporeal, can he?" "If we're going to launching a rescue operation, then we'll need to start making more Anti-Master devices. Maybe send the files to him, so he can make some himself." ”Oh the drones! We’ll need to really ramp up production on the drones too!” ”We’ll need to contact Aegis and Hax about this as soon as possible.” “We should continue working on some of those prototypes we made after the invasion, they’d be really useful if we could finish them in time.”
Suddenly, for reasons that weren't immediately obvious to Hivemind and Kolt, all the instances went silence, allowing the one in the center of the screen to talk alone. "You have certainly gotten my attention good sir. Though if you don't mind me asking, how much help do you exactly plan on offering to get my planet's people back?"
--
"Yeah, I'm not going to lie, we have nothing else planned for the rest of the day. Or for the next week for that matter." Liz said, her voice sounding slightly frustrated towards the end and her face developing a frown, before she forced it back into a small professional smile. "So if you have any plans, or you know of anyone who needs our assistance, that'd be great."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:09 pm "Aye," Sarah nodded. "Figured tha'. Congrats t' ye."
"I'm thinking of making Corp a god-parent," Cherry said mischievously. "so he'll need to learn how to change diapers. Or Nappies. whatever they're called here."
Cailean snorts in amusement at this idea.
"Naow that Ah'd love tae see! Th' great Corp, hero, veteran fighter, defeated by a nappy!" he giggles.
"Ah dinnae ken. Ah think he's got a heart but Ah cannae see him bein' very fatherly." he adds.
"Well, he might surprise ye. Ye never can tell wi' military types. Oor Da turned oot all right after all. Remember th' stories Ma used tae tell aboot him frae before they were married?" Conall asks in sign, assuming perhaps erroneously that Cherry will understand since the rest of the group does.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:33 am Hawk looked at the massive burger that sat before him. He may have bitten off a bit more then he could chew in this case, he thought as he took in the awesome sight. His Other Side assured him the idea will still worked, though the outcome won't be pleasant. Taking a deep breath, he nodded and mumbled under his breath, "Bon appetite." Lifting the top bun off first, he poured the entire content of the hot sauce bottle onto the beast before setting the bun back down and lifting the entire burger up. A small grin then appeared across his face as he looked at the waiter along with a wink of his eye. Suddenly, much to the disgust of everyone, a loud cracking sound, like that of bones snapping, could be heard as Hawk's lower jaw began detaching itself like a snake, his Other Side helping with the job at hand. And then, very much like a snake, he took the burger and engulfed the entire beast in one fell move and began chewing it for a while before swallowing it, a large bulge traveling down his neck to his stomach. As warned by the OtherSide, the outcome of this move wasn't pleasant at all. As his healing powers allowed him to shrug off spicy ingredients, the catch was that the pain he would suffer in turn was multiplied by ten. As such, along with sweat pouring down his face and his paws gripping the counter, he was having a heartburn the size of a dragon as his body fought off the intense heat and sheer scale of the burger he was digesting. After a few more minutes, both the heat and the heartburn were soon gone and, letting out a sigh of relief, turned to the waiter, who looked disgusted at what happened, and smiled, his jaw now reattached, "My complements to the chef."
The waiter did look disturbed, but not quite as disgusted as Hawk might have hoped. His mouth hung open slightly as he watched the spectacle. When it was over, he blinked, stared for a moment, then laughed to himself. "Honestly, I don't even know why we do the challenge. Some kind of American, Terran tradition. You're the fourth alien this month who's simply swallowed the thing whole. Our first challenger was a varanian." He shrugged. "Oh well. The rules were if you finished in the time limit, it's free, so consider the meal on us this time. Though I would ask you not to do the challenge again. It's not exactly fair."

---------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:48 pm Tatiana glanced slowly around the various attachments for helmets. "I just have no idea where to even begin." She said, picking up two sharp looking head ornaments. "Maybe glove or boot ornaments?" Tatiana turned to look at Recon. "Would I look stupid in a jacket or coat? Not a metal one, but like, real clothing?" Tatiana asked, her modulated voice showcasing her doubt, as she turned back to look at the ornaments in her hands uncertainly.
"You kidding?" Recon said, her eyes wide with excitement. "A full-body cloak or faux-leather duster coat would look epic over the armor! It'd even billow behind you like an awesome superhero cape when you fly!"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:09 pm Jenny had to admit she was a little surprised by the 'bone budgie's appearance and said cool" to her mental co-conspirator. "That's quite something," she admitted. "Y'know, I recall hearing of someone else who had an unfortunate power. He'd been in an accident with chemicals," she explained, "and had developed an ability to rot anything he touched with his left hand." She grimaced. "I remember reading he found out about it in quite a poor way. They managed to amputate the paramedic's arm. Took them two years to find a cure. But he found himself something to do in the meantime. His was a overly densely forested world with places where the canopy was too thick to get the heavy equipment in to create fire breaks." She smiled slightly. "So he found a way to make himself of use in those two years. Earned enough from rotting trees to buy a house and put his sister through University on Earth. Not quite Oxford or Harvard but still quite something, eh? His curse became a gift. Yours will too. Oh," she added, grimacing slightly, "and, to a lesser extent, I'm banned from every concert auditorium on Earth. Something to do with Sonic applause."
The Necromancer gave a nervous chuckle. "Remind me not to do any magic tricks for you. Anyway, that sort of thing is what they teach here. The "reeducation" lessons I personally got are to basically re-train my way of viewing my powers. Will over emotion. Training that... demon... out of my head." He stopped, looking down at the table. Without saying anything else, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a collection of seeds. He poured a small amount onto the table and put the rest away. The skeletal bird lifted it's head and fluttered over to the table. It pecked at the seeds, grabbed one, and tossed it's head back as though to swallow it. The seed dropped into it's rib cage and fell out back onto the table.

The bird didn't seem to notice anything as it continued to "eat" the seeds.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:09 pm "Yup,," Corp said. "Ready for the next thing."
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:25 pm "Yeah, I'm not going to lie, we have nothing else planned for the rest of the day. Or for the next week for that matter." Liz said, her voice sounding slightly frustrated towards the end and her face developing a frown, before she forced it back into a small professional smile. "So if you have any plans, or you know of anyone who needs our assistance, that'd be great."
"I think I can come up with something if you're looking for work..." Hivemind said, though he hesitated on saying what it is. "I can tell something is wrong. You sound frustrated. Anything I can help with?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:09 pm The 'squad' headed for the Roller Coaster, with Jaken in the first seat, the boys behind him and their mother behind them. She invited the Lycan to take a seat. "If I have to ride..."
"Gladly." The Lycan grinned. He climbed into one of the free double seats since he was way too big to sit next to anyone. He braced himself as the coaster started and the cars started climbing the first hill.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:09 pm "Well, that's just good thinking," Hannabelle said encouragingly. "You don't find a valley and say 'I'll build a Castle here' when there's a good hill nearby."
Gear laughed. "Wasn' tryin' to build a castle! I was retired. I built the place so families'd have a luxury retreat at a rate they'd afford. Couldn't help it though. Everythin' I look at I see in terms'a how good a sniper's position it is."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:09 pm "Alright, Pred," Keeva said, trying to sound confident despite her heart being in her mouth. "I can't, er, process a plan to save these people faster than you can. If you want me to go down and get these people out whilst you lead these... whatevers... away and come pick up up at speed in a few minutes, just send me down. And you may want to disconnect the feelings for the moment, big guy."
Predator could feel the fear flow through him from Keeva, and he didn't even realize that his cloak had dropped as a result. The creatures were charging at him from all angles, and he had to choose between fighting and fleeing. Being a war droid, the choice was obvious. Predator reached for the giant sword on his back. In a flash stroke, he drew it and swiped it at the nearest group of the monsters, slicing through them cleanly. Predator spun, swatting another with his tail and launching it straight into one of the abandoned houses. The droid swiped and slashed, cutting and slicing and stomping on the monsters. Eventually, he managed to slice them all into pieces.

"There... I think that-" Predator froze. He looked down at the mess he made, and saw the pieces start to twitch. Within a minute, top halves started growing from bottom halves, and vise verse. Predator swore loudly as the monsters started to stand. There were more than twice as many as before. Predator disconnected from Keeva's emotions. "Ok. That was a bad idea. It's not safe for me to drop you off."

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:25 pm When Hivemind brought out the device, both Kolt and Wyvern gained a look on their faces that made it look like they would've done a spit take if they had been drinking anything. There was a moments pause, before the screen started filling up with at least two dozen copies of Wyverns avatar, each one quietly murmuring to each other. "How did he disable the explosives? No one should've been able to touch it without losing an arm!" "He can't be serious about having turned a Yah Rin corporeal, can he?" "If we're going to launching a rescue operation, then we'll need to start making more Anti-Master devices. Maybe send the files to him, so he can make some himself." ”Oh the drones! We’ll need to really ramp up production on the drones too!” ”We’ll need to contact Aegis and Hax about this as soon as possible.” “We should continue working on some of those prototypes we made after the invasion, they’d be really useful if we could finish them in time.”
Suddenly, for reasons that weren't immediately obvious to Hivemind and Kolt, all the instances went silence, allowing the one in the center of the screen to talk alone. "You have certainly gotten my attention good sir. Though if you don't mind me asking, how much help do you exactly plan on offering to get my planet's people back?"
"I have an army." Hivemind said. "I AM an army. The Yah Rin can't take over my combat droids, and even if they did take one over their strength comes from numbers and their hive mentality. Individually, they aren't much of a threat. I can equip them with sonic-based weaponry, flashbangs, and those anti-master devices you mentioned." Hivemind stowed away the device in the storage compartment on his chest. "In addition, I have production facilities in hundreds of star systems and mines on barren planets that generate a constant supply of raw materials. If I put even a fraction of a percent of my resources into producing combat droids, we'd have a near-infinitely replenishing military force. If I put that same fraction into producing the anti-master devices, we could arm not only the droids, but also my champions and your Concertian heroes."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

We're used to having things to do," Corp stated flatly. "Loose ends are something we haven't been at for years."
-------------------------
Jaken and Golten had their arms up on the drops of the coaster but Corvis was faking being in a grump, keeping his hands on the bars and putting on a face that said he wasn't really enjoying himself as his tie flapped over his shoulder. Any empath wandering by would have been able to tell the lie though.
"Yeah, well," Hannabelle sighed, sounding almost sorry, "that's our life, is't it? At some point, it seems to become wise to be paranoid. It becomes hard to let that go at times." She put an arm around him. "But not impossible," she added.
-----------------------
Keeva looked at the conflict. "Can... can you trap them in a digital 'cell', perhaps? Do you have that capability?"
----------------------
"Yeah," Jenny said, "I've had to..." She looked at the bird 'eating' for a moment. "Hope he doesn't try to fly. I kinda had to learn the will over emotions bit too, y'know? The experiments that gave me the 'sonic cannon' abilities weren't pleasant. For a long, long, time I couldn't use them without remembering those. So it took a lot for me to use them, even when they'd help. But I've gotten better at their usage recently. Still learning though. Y'see, we all learn." She grinned. "Even us new Champions."
---------------------
Cherry frowned as she tried to keep up with Connall's signs. She knew some sign but it had been years since she'd used it. Sounds...a...fine...fat her," she signed, forgetting the word for father and figuring the boys could put 'fat' and 'her' together. Not...signed...years, she apologised.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:13 pm The waiter did look disturbed, but not quite as disgusted as Hawk might have hoped. His mouth hung open slightly as he watched the spectacle. When it was over, he blinked, stared for a moment, then laughed to himself. "Honestly, I don't even know why we do the challenge. Some kind of American, Terran tradition. You're the fourth alien this month who's simply swallowed the thing whole. Our first challenger was a varanian." He shrugged. "Oh well. The rules were if you finished in the time limit, it's free, so consider the meal on us this time. Though I would ask you not to do the challenge again. It's not exactly fair."
"No *urp* worries," Hawk replied, still feeling some of the effects, "I have no intention to repeat that...forgot how much that hurts...um *urp* Could I have a hot cup of tea with ginseng and honey?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:04 pm Cherry frowned as she tried to keep up with Connall's signs. She knew some sign but it had been years since she'd used it. Sounds...a...fine...fat her," she signed, forgetting the word for father and figuring the boys could put 'fat' and 'her' together. Not...signed...years, she apologised.
Unfortunately for Cherry, the signs for "him" and "her" are identical. They're known as directional signs, with the gender to which they refer being determined by that of the person at whom the sign is aimed. The meaning, therefore, is lost on the boys. They understand the last three signs easily enough though.

Conall flashes a few signals at Cailean who nods and flashes one back to show he's understood.

"Er, sorry, ma'am. We didnae understand that one but we're assumin' ye didnae mean tae call Sarah fat." the younger dog grins.
"Ah'll interpret fer ye, if ye like. Ah'm Cailean Lamont, by th' wye, an' this is mah brother, Conall. He's deaf, hence th' signin', if tha' wasn't bleedin' obvious. Just talk tae him like ye wuid anyone else an' Ah'll dae th' rest. He said before tha' Ma used tae tell us crazy stories aboot Da frae before they were married, sae if'n he cuid turn oot all right then maybe Corp can tae."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Wyvern was about to say something in response to Hivemind, but paused when Kolt started laughing. It started off small at first, more of a rather amused giggle than anything, but eventually got louder and louder, starting to sound somewhat manic. After about a minute, he managed to calm himself down, and looked towards Hivemind, wiping some tears out of his eyes. ”I’m sorry, I just realized how badly Ko Sah messed up. Not only did he wind up losing his ability to possess people, he gave us exactly what we need to take down his empire. It’s amazing.” He said, still somewhat giggling.
The center avatar one the screen smirked, finding what Kolt mentioned rather amusing too. “As I was saying, I’ll gladly take your help in rescuing our people good sir. I’ve sent you the files for the Anti-Master firearms, as well as a few prototypes I’ve been working on to develop a way to use the same technology behind the AMFs in some sort of wearable device.” She said, as a little *ping* came from one of the other computers. “I would appreciate it if you could send me some scans of the portal generator you’ve recovered, so that me and my crew can attempt to reverse engineer it. I also have a few more questions for you that aren’t strictly related to this collaboration, starting with what exactly happened with Ko Sah?”

"Exactly. We've spent most of our lives always knowing, at least in the short term, what we have to do next. Check on the ship, check on the passengers, solve any potential situations, do the same thing the next day." Liz said, venting some of her frustrations. "Ever since we've arrived here though, we've been mostly just waiting and reacting. Waiting for our ship to be upgraded, reacting to an invasion, waiting for you to find us a way home, reacting to stuff with my powers, waiting to see if we have to worry about my ex discovering us, reacting to the fact that GODS EXIST HERE, waiting, reacting, waiting, reacting, that's all it's been. And for someone used to having more structure in life like we are, that's really frustrating."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana paused a moment before her eye lights flashed on, transforming her cheshire smile into a joyous one. "Head thingys can wait. Duster-coat-jacket now." She said, placing the head ornaments back from where she grabbed them.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Right," Chris said, his ears drooping for a split second. "That's usually a rule. No bringing back the dead."
------
"Ah you caught me. This was a ploy to get you to take me to the Zoo so that I could research all of the animals instead of enjoying someone's company." Denver said, following Sana's lead to the "Badges". " Please, I have some ability to stop thinking about work." He paused for a second, "I mean really how different could their biology be," he tacked on.
------
"I think he'd make a good father," Colorado said, accompanying his speech with sign language, "I had a night a few months back and he seemed to care a lot, even if he doesn't show it." He watched as Cherry tried out signing for herself and made a mental note to teach her sign language as well.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:04 pm We're used to having things to do," Corp stated flatly. "Loose ends are something we haven't been at for years."
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 pm "Exactly. We've spent most of our lives always knowing, at least in the short term, what we have to do next. Check on the ship, check on the passengers, solve any potential situations, do the same thing the next day." Liz said, venting some of her frustrations. "Ever since we've arrived here though, we've been mostly just waiting and reacting. Waiting for our ship to be upgraded, reacting to an invasion, waiting for you to find us a way home, reacting to stuff with my powers, waiting to see if we have to worry about my ex discovering us, reacting to the fact that GODS EXIST HERE, waiting, reacting, waiting, reacting, that's all it's been. And for someone used to having more structure in life like we are, that's really frustrating."
"It seems the cure for that would be to actively seek things out to do." Hivemind suggested. "This ship is massive. There's a ton of stuff to do, and people are looking for help all over it. Even if you just decide to learn the various cultures and species on the ship, it will keep you busy. You seemed interested in the Varanian and Corytophian people. Maybe you could spend time learning about them and their history." Hivemind continued on. "That said, there is something I might need help with. The Predator drone, accompanied by Keeva from your ship, went down to the planet on a casual flight plan. They dropped off my sensors. When I try to look at their last known location, I can't see anything. Everything is blurry and distorted. Something is jamming my ability to see or hear in the area, and I need to know why. I also need to get the Predator drone and Keeva back to the ship asap."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:04 pm Jaken and Golten had their arms up on the drops of the coaster but Corvis was faking being in a grump, keeping his hands on the bars and putting on a face that said he wasn't really enjoying himself as his tie flapped over his shoulder. Any empath wandering by would have been able to tell the lie though.
The Lycan kept his hands in the air and cheered like the kids did, feeling almost like a kid himself at the moment. It had been forever since he last did something like this. He shouted and cheered as the coaster looped and swerved and rocketed over hills and valleys.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:04 pm "Yeah, well," Hannabelle sighed, sounding almost sorry, "that's our life, is't it? At some point, it seems to become wise to be paranoid. It becomes hard to let that go at times." She put an arm around him. "But not impossible," she added.
Gear returned the gesture, gently embracing Hannabelle with one arm as they walked. "Hmm..." He hummed in agreement as the two reached a fork in the road. "Now the choice. The path on the right leads to the store. The one on the left loops 'round the park. We'd wander in circles for a bit, just us and the trees and the creek..." It was fairly clear which option Gear was advocating for.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:04 pm Keeva looked at the conflict. "Can... can you trap them in a digital 'cell', perhaps? Do you have that capability?"
Predator had the exact same idea it seemed. He opened his "mouth" and fired a beam straight at one of the creatures. The beam made contact, and the creature froze in place. It glowed bright white until it was a luminous silhouette. The figure started to shrink as the creature was drawn into the digitizer.

Then, something went wrong. A dozen errors flashed through Predator's vision, and the beam started to reverse direction. The silhouette grew until it was back to it's previous size, and Predator broke the beam, staggering. Predator stabilized himself and looked at the monster, which was now flickering like some kind of glitchy graphic.

"...COME ON!" the drone shouted angrily. The rest of the creatures charged, descending upon him and latching onto his chassis. They clawed and scratched and bit at his metal armor. Individually, they weren't doing much damage to the war mech, but that wouldn't last long. Predator launched straight into the air at maximum acceleration, knocking most of the creatures off immediately. Only one still hung on, latched to Predator's tail.

Predator flew straight up through the air. He ascended, burning through the atmosphere, until they entered the blackness of space. Predator spun around and flicked his tail, flinging the creature into the vacuum.

"...Now there's an idea..."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:04 pm "Yeah," Jenny said, "I've had to..." She looked at the bird 'eating' for a moment. "Hope he doesn't try to fly. I kinda had to learn the will over emotions bit too, y'know? The experiments that gave me the 'sonic cannon' abilities weren't pleasant. For a long, long, time I couldn't use them without remembering those. So it took a lot for me to use them, even when they'd help. But I've gotten better at their usage recently. Still learning though. Y'see, we all learn." She grinned. "Even us new Champions."
The necromancer smiled and nodded. "I feel like I'm learning pretty fast. The classes are pretty good. Hivemind deals with us individually, and customizes the class to us personally. I mean..." He gestured to the skeleton bird, still eating and re-eating the seeds. "Look how far I've come in just a couple days. And yes, he can fly."

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:16 pm"No *urp* worries," Hawk replied, still feeling some of the effects, "I have no intention to repeat that...forgot how much that hurts...um *urp* Could I have a hot cup of tea with ginseng and honey?"
The waiter gave a friendly smile and a nod before walking off to a drink station where he filled up a large mug with boiling water, ginseng tea, and a drizzle of honey stirred in. Pretty soon, he was back. He set the mug down in front of Hawk. "Would you like anything else? Some ice-cream might help the burning."

Legotron123 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 pm Wyvern was about to say something in response to Hivemind, but paused when Kolt started laughing. It started off small at first, more of a rather amused giggle than anything, but eventually got louder and louder, starting to sound somewhat manic. After about a minute, he managed to calm himself down, and looked towards Hivemind, wiping some tears out of his eyes. ”I’m sorry, I just realized how badly Ko Sah messed up. Not only did he wind up losing his ability to possess people, he gave us exactly what we need to take down his empire. It’s amazing.” He said, still somewhat giggling.
The center avatar one the screen smirked, finding what Kolt mentioned rather amusing too. “As I was saying, I’ll gladly take your help in rescuing our people good sir. I’ve sent you the files for the Anti-Master firearms, as well as a few prototypes I’ve been working on to develop a way to use the same technology behind the AMFs in some sort of wearable device.” She said, as a little *ping* came from one of the other computers. “I would appreciate it if you could send me some scans of the portal generator you’ve recovered, so that me and my crew can attempt to reverse engineer it. I also have a few more questions for you that aren’t strictly related to this collaboration, starting with what exactly happened with Ko Sah?”
"Ko Sah had been waiting to launch his attack for a few days, it seems. The portals first started showing up about three days ago. He launched his attack early, which caught us off guard." Hivemind started.

Ping! A message arrived in Wyvern's messages. Hivemind had sent the scans of the portal generator.

"He launched the attack while Kolt didn't have Quint in his head. This meant he had virtually no resistance. He took over Kolt and, from what I've put together, he attacked the rest of the team after figuring he had already won..."

Another Ping! Hivemind had sent another set of schematics. It was for a chestplate that utilized the AMF technology to automatically launch attacks against Master-type assailants who attempt to spread influence past it's shields.

"He nearly did. He was about to kill both Archangel and Jenny when Diligitis himself directly intervened." Hivemind continued explaining as a flood of notifications, all of which were for Anti-Master armor schematics utilizing the technology Wyvern had provided, sent a steady stream of pings into Wyvern's attention. "Diligitis claimed to be acting on the combined will of all aspects. Diligitis pulled Ko Sah out of Kolt's head and forced him into a solid state."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:51 pm Tatiana paused a moment before her eye lights flashed on, transforming her cheshire smile into a joyous one. "Head thingys can wait. Duster-coat-jacket now." She said, placing the head ornaments back from where she grabbed them.
"Yesssss!" Recon said excitedly. "They're over here!" She said before zipping over to a section with a number of stylish Duster coats. There were faux-leather western dusters, steampunk-style dusters, cyberpunk-style dusters, detective/noir coats, among others.

Deske wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:17 am "Right," Chris said, his ears drooping for a split second. "That's usually a rule. No bringing back the dead."
"Aspects have domain over souls." the demigod spoke again. "No mortal, nor immortal, being can control souls. If they could, there are many who would happily destroy or torture innocent souls to gain their knowledge or energy. As such, aspects and avatars are the only ones who can truly bring back the dead. Others may recreate the body, but they cannot bring the spirit back from the afterlife on their own."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That sounds more like it," Corp almost enthused. He shrugged. "I'm a soldier, not an academic. THOSE things I pick up as I go."
--------------------
I'm not going to say that doesn't make sense, Jenny told Quint, commenting on the impossible might break the magic or something.. She kept her gaze on the Necromancer's face. "So, what you doing for the rest of the day, eh? More training? Or do they torture you by making you watch TV?"
-------------------
Keeva watched as Pred engaged the enemy and attempted to digitise it and started thinking as the attempt failed and Predator sought to fight again. "Your collection beam looks rather like the teleport beams from my universe," she pondered aloud as they shot up for space. "I wonder if it could be used as such? Maybe increase the range for collection or 'deposit'? What'd ya think? And do you think the ship might have noticed us by now?"
------------------
Hannabelle feinted right but, with a sly grin, went left.
-----------------
"It's been a while," Jenevive laughed over the noise, "since I've been able to... whoooo.... relax a bit!"
Golten kept glancing at Jaken's white fur.
"The fur's fine," Jaken called, "but a bit weird!"
"Suits my brother then," Corvis yelled, trying not to let his thoughts drift to the chance of meeting the Iron Tail as they zipped around a bend.
----------------
"'Specially if'n y' 'it 'im by s'prise," Sarah added.
"Well, I'm hoping not to hav to box anybody," Cherry replied, smiling slightly at the thought. "I was meaning father," she added. "Fancy, a communication specialist who can communicate between universes and doesn't know Sign language."
-----------------
"Well, you can examine mine later to comp..." Sana paused for a moment. "I really just said that, didn't I?" She looked down at the Badgers. "So that's a Badge? Weird."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:14 pm The waiter gave a friendly smile and a nod before walking off to a drink station where he filled up a large mug with boiling water, ginseng tea, and a drizzle of honey stirred in. Pretty soon, he was back. He set the mug down in front of Hawk. "Would you like anything else? Some ice-cream might help the burning."
Taking the mug, he takes a small sip and a smile forms across his face, "No, thank you, this was plenty enough," he replies as he places some money on the counter, "Bit extra there but consider that a tip."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

A few of Wyvern's avatar's disappeared after Hivemind sent over the designs, likely to work on producing them. "You sure you're not an AI? That was awfully quick work for someone of the fleshie variety." She said, a joking smirk on her face. "But in all seriousness, what is an Aspect, and who is Diligitus?"
"Oh, I can answer that." Kolt said, jumping at the opportunity to be a part of the conversation. "The Aspects are basically gods made out of the emotions of every living being in the universe. Diligitus is the Aspect of Love and Justice, and he's basically become a sponsor of sorts for the Champions."
Wyverns avatar's all went silent and blinked in unison. "O... kay?" She said, clearly rather confused.
"I know it sounds crazy, but trust me, if you can just focus on all the things you love and the way they back you feel, then try talking to that feeling."
".....Alright then." The center Wyvern said, still sounding confused, but decided to do what Kolt said. She focused on the friends she'd made across the two hundred years she'd been online, all the warm and fuzzy memories they'd shared together. After a few seconds of focusing on that feeling, she let out a curious Hello?
--
I mean, let us be fair, this is hardly the most nonsensical thing we have encountered in the past week. Quint pointed out. At this point, I would not be surprised if we started running into cliche sci-fi plots, like a body swap, or a mirror universe.

Liz was silent for a few moments, before giving a nod. "Okay. That should keep us busy for at least a little bit." She said, not sounding that much less frustrated, but appreciating the effort. "Just point us to the nearest shuttle and we'll be on our way."
Last edited by Legotron123 on Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Neon Icy Wings

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana looked over the various duster coats with interest and care. She browsed, what to her was a multitude of coats, until one caught her attention. She grabbed a dark purple, steampunk esq duster and threw it onto her shoulders, leaving the front open. "Yeah, this? I like this."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 am "That sounds more like it," Corp almost enthused. He shrugged. "I'm a soldier, not an academic. THOSE things I pick up as I go."
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:51 pm Liz was silent for a few moments, before giving a nod. "Okay. That should keep us busy for at least a little bit." She said, not sounding that much less frustrated, but appreciating the effort. "Just point us to the nearest shuttle and we'll be on our way."
"I can have an Ibis ready to take you down there in about three minutes." Hivemind said. "I'll have it set up in this hanger, so there's no need to go anywhere."

As Hivemind spoke, some of the machinery on the docks started moving. A large door opened close to the ceiling of the hanger, and one of the Ibis dropships rolled out of it, hanging from rails. It reached the end of the rails, the door closed, and a mechanical arm reached up and slotted it's fork into the dropship's base pallet. The arm lowered the dropship to the dock where a few robots waited to undo the cables fastening the ship to the pallet it rested on.

"These ships are mostly automated, but if you'd like to pilot it yourself its controls are rather intuitive. An experienced captain like yourself should have no problem flying it."

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 am I'm not going to say that doesn't make sense, Jenny told Quint, commenting on the impossible might break the magic or something.. She kept her gaze on the Necromancer's face. "So, what you doing for the rest of the day, eh? More training? Or do they torture you by making you watch TV?"
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:51 pmI mean, let us be fair, this is hardly the most nonsensical thing we have encountered in the past week. Quint pointed out. At this point, I would not be surprised if we started running into cliche sci-fi plots, like a body swap, or a mirror universe.
Right after Quint says this, the bird apparently decides it's eaten its fill (despite not actually successfully eating anything) and hops to the edge of the table. It spread it's skeletal wings, and took off into the air. It flew like it was suspended by marionette strings, but it flew nonetheless. It landed on a nearby Security Droid's head and started pecking at it as though entertained by the dinging noise it made.

"Funny you should mention that, actually. Part of the re-education program some people here are in involves required viewings depending on what motivated their crime. One guy got caught trying to dump hot tar and feathers on some reptilian kid. The Hive caught him and is trying to reprogram the Xenophobia out of him. Cut off access to any information or media that backs up his bigotry, and expose him to different movies and books that promote tolerance and acceptance." the Necromancer said. He looked down at the table and scooped up the bird seed. "I could tell you got a bit worried when I mentioned re-education classes. That's what they're there for."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 am Keeva watched as Pred engaged the enemy and attempted to digitise it and started thinking as the attempt failed and Predator sought to fight again. "Your collection beam looks rather like the teleport beams from my universe," she pondered aloud as they shot up for space. "I wonder if it could be used as such? Maybe increase the range for collection or 'deposit'? What'd ya think? And do you think the ship might have noticed us by now?"
"I think he noticed the moment we entered the dead zone." Predator commented. "That creature didn't make it entirely to storage before it started adapting to my code. It was like it was turning into a virus in response to the new environment... Who created these things?!"

Predator grabbed another two handfulls of the creatures and flew skywards with them, aiming to throw them into orbit.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 am Hannabelle feinted right but, with a sly grin, went left.
Gear grinned, then chased after her. He caught up with her, then took her hand in his. He let Hannabelle lead the way this time, just glad to have the company.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 am "It's been a while," Jenevive laughed over the noise, "since I've been able to... whoooo.... relax a bit!"
Golten kept glancing at Jaken's white fur.
"The fur's fine," Jaken called, "but a bit weird!"
"Suits my brother then," Corvis yelled, trying not to let his thoughts drift to the chance of meeting the Iron Tail as they zipped around a bend.
When the ride ended, The Lycan was looking rather queasy. He staggered out of his seat and leaned over a nearby railing. "Uuurgh... Haven't done that in a while... Should've eaten something smaller..." he panted.

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:47 am Taking the mug, he takes a small sip and a smile forms across his face, "No, thank you, this was plenty enough," he replies as he places some money on the counter, "Bit extra there but consider that a tip."
"Well, thank you very much!" The waiter said as he accepted the money. "Come again soon!"

Legotron123 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:51 pm A few of Wyvern's avatar's disappeared after Hivemind sent over the designs, likely to work on producing them. "You sure you're not an AI? That was awfully quick work for someone of the fleshie variety." She said, a joking smirk on her face. "But in all seriousness, what is and Aspect, and who is Diligitus?"
"Oh, I can answer that." Kolt said, jumping at the opportunity to be a part of the conversation. "The Aspects are basically gods made out of the emotions of every living being in the universe. Diligitus is the Aspect of Love and Justice, and he's basically become a sponsor of sorts for the Champions."
Wyverns avatar's all went silent and blinked in unison. "O... kay?" She said, clearly rather confused.
"I know it sounds crazy, but trust me, if you can just focus on all the things you love and the way they back you feel, then try talking to that feeling."
".....Alright then." The center Wyvern said, still sounding confused, but decided to do what Kolt said. She focused on the friends she'd made across the two hundred years she'd been online, all the warm and fuzzy memories they'd shared together. After a few seconds of focusing on that feeling, she let out a curious Hello?
At first, nothing seemed to happen. Then, there was an incoming transmission. It was audio-only and seemed to be coming impossibly from the very memory storage and emotional processing software Wyvern was accessing to feel those feelings. The IP address was one of Wyvern's own servers, but the voice was certainly not the AI's.

"Hello, Wyvern. It's good to finally speak with you." The voice in the audio message was calm, soothing, and wise. "I am Diligitis. I am love given a mind of it's own. What Kolt says is for the most part true."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:12 pm Tatiana looked over the various duster coats with interest and care. She browsed, what to her was a multitude of coats, until one caught her attention. She grabbed a dark purple, steampunk esq duster and threw it onto her shoulders, leaving the front open. "Yeah, this? I like this."
Recon was hopping up and down, looking very excited. "That looks so cool! Let's go buy it! We should pick up some matching helmet cosmetics on the way!"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:19 pm "Well, thank you very much!" The waiter said as he accepted the money. "Come again soon!"
"I will, thank you. And uh," Hawk replied, motioning the waiter to come a bit closer as he proceeds to whisper, "I'm not looking to cause any trouble but uh...the patron over at the second table to my left...is he still starring at me? With eyes that could pierce a dragon's heart?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Well I guess if you ever truly die there's the reason to put you to rest properly," Chris said.
------
"I- well, uh," Denver stopped to put his thoughts in order, "Purely for scientific purposes, obviously" he said with a grin. "This is definitely not like the Badges I'm used to. Smaller, seems to crawl around more than walk but, if I'm being honest, they do look just as easy to anger," he said, peering over the railing.
------
"Yeah, give him no choice and he'd definitely step up to bat. Less communications specialist, more extradimensional radio operator, I'd suppose."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 am "'Specially if'n y' 'it 'im by s'prise," Sarah added.
"Well, I'm hoping not to hav to box anybody," Cherry replied, smiling slightly at the thought. "I was meaning father," she added. "Fancy, a communication specialist who can communicate between universes and doesn't know Sign language."
Cailean is the first to put it together.
"Aaaah! Ye were signin' 'fat' an' 'her'! Naow Ah get it! Tha' was clever but unfortunately disnae translate intae sign quite th' way ye think." he explains with a pleased tail wag, signing for Conall's benefit as he talks.
"See, th' sign fer 'her' is actually gender neutral an' just indicates possession rather than actually meanin' him or her. In effect, ye signed 'th' fat belongin' tae Sarah', oor 'Sarah's Fat' because ye pointed th' posessive pronoun at her. Does tha' make sense?" he asks, pausing to let the rat respond. Conall hides a grin as he understands Sarah's mistake from Cailean's explanation.
"By th' wye, sae ye ken fer next time, th' sign fer 'father' is this." the younger dog adds, tapping a thumb twice to his forehead with his fingers spread wide.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny looked, with a little bemusement, at the bird and droid. "Does that make the droid a bonehead," she asked lightly. "It's good to know you're doing well, my friend." She smiled openly. "You're one of the best signs of redemption around here, but I have to go visit some people in the sick bay so I'd best be on my way." She stood and opened her arms. "Are you allowed to hug," she asked.
------------------------------------
"I'll just be a passenger," Corp stated, rather than just giving his opinion and heading over.
-----------------------------------
Keeva kept trying to think of things that might just help. "Can you aim to throw one past the Beacon," she asked. "Not to hit it but that'll be something he'd scan, surely? Speaking of, you scanned it when you tried to pick it up, right? Perhaps the scans can tell us something?"
----------------------------------
Jenevive found herself gently rubbing the Lycan's back as she'd done on occasions with the boys. "Never thought I'd be doing this with a superhero," she admitted coyly.
Corvis was already headed for the teacups, ready to spin the thing as much as he could.
Jaken and Golten had stopped at the water guns for a bit and, as usual in these things, turned the guns on each other after the balloons inflated.
----------------------------------
Hannabelle laughed. "In the old days, that would have been a longer chase," she told Gear as they walked the tree-lined route.
"Someone's getting cheeky," Cherry said, giving Colorado a soft push to his cheek as she looked up at him before looking to the boys. "And I'd never want to call Sarah fat," she said whilst hesitantly signing 'Thank you to Cailean.
"Y'd be OK," Sarah commented. "'ardly worth a slappin', eh? So' where's t'other three?"
--------------------------------
"I don't think they can talk," Sana said, before telling a 'Badge' that she'd buy it a cookie if it asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana popped the surprisingly large collar of the duster and turned to Recon. "Whole heartedly agree, and I think I now know exactly the ones." She made her way back to the helmet cosmetics, half expecting to see Recon already there. Tatiana meandered and looked around for a moment before she picked up two, triangular looking ones and placed them approximately on her head. They were sharply edged on one side, and with the way Tatiana placed them, they complimented her Cheshire smile, appearing either as ears, or perhaps horns, depending on the beholder. Tatiana turned to Recon again and raised her arms slightly. "Thoughts?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"I... But... That's not how...... But you.... What?" Wyvern said, clearly struggling to process all of this. After a little under a minute, she decided it was better to do this in private, and a few of her instances left to continue talking with Diligitus elsewhere. "Anyways, now that... that is dealt with, let's move on to my next topic of interest. Kolt mentioned you had a drone called the Predator, and some of the capabilities he described it having sounded quite...." She paused, letting out a sort of moan that made it seem like she was looking at a particularly delicious meal rather than discussing a potential tech trade. "Interesting. What do you say we have a little tech exchange? I'm sure I have something you'd be willing to trade for those schematics."
--
If you do not mind Jenny, once you're done there is something I would like to try while I am in your body, though it requires us to find an unoccupied space. Quint said once there was a bit of a pause in the conversation.
--
Liz seemed to perk up a bit when Hivemind mentioned piloting the dropship. "It's been a while since I've flown a ship like this. I wouldn't mind the chance to take the wheel here." She said, stepping into the dropship. As she sat at the front of the cockpit, she took a moment to familiarize herself with the controls, before turning around and giving Hivemind a thumbs up. "Ready whenever you are, big guy."

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:02 pm "I will, thank you. And uh," Hawk replied, motioning the waiter to come a bit closer as he proceeds to whisper, "I'm not looking to cause any trouble but uh...the patron over at the second table to my left...is he still starring at me? With eyes that could pierce a dragon's heart?"
The waiter glanced at the person in question and nearly stumbled. The man was on his feet, dashing towards Hawk with a steak knife in his hand before...

SHLORP!

The man suddenly wasn't there anymore. The ground beneath him had turned into a pudding-like substance, and he sank through it completely. The knife bounced and slid along the ground as the floor returned to a solid state. Moments later, a handful of hive security droids walked in through the door.

"Wha... what was that all about, I wonder?"

Deske wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:13 pm "Well I guess if you ever truly die there's the reason to put you to rest properly," Chris said.
MT was silent for a moment. "Yes..." he finally said. "And also a reason to take things more carefully..."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15 am Jenny looked, with a little bemusement, at the bird and droid. "Does that make the droid a bonehead," she asked lightly. "It's good to know you're doing well, my friend." She smiled openly. "You're one of the best signs of redemption around here, but I have to go visit some people in the sick bay so I'd best be on my way." She stood and opened her arms. "Are you allowed to hug," she asked.
The necromancer glanced over at the droid with the bird on it's head. The droid gave a slight nod, and the necromancer smiled and nodded back. "Got the Okay from security. I am allowed a hug."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15 am "I'll just be a passenger," Corp stated, rather than just giving his opinion and heading over.
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:42 pm Liz seemed to perk up a bit when Hivemind mentioned piloting the dropship. "It's been a while since I've flown a ship like this. I wouldn't mind the chance to take the wheel here." She said, stepping into the dropship. As she sat at the front of the cockpit, she took a moment to familiarize herself with the controls, before turning around and giving Hivemind a thumbs up. "Ready whenever you are, big guy."
Hivemind started the launch sequence. Alarms sounded on the dock the Ibis was latched too as the bridge to the craft unlocked and retracted. The mechanical arm the ship was attached to lowered the dropship through an environment shield and into a zero-gravity tunnel leading to the vacuum of space.

"Diagnostics look clean. Disconnecting magnetic clamp... Done. You are cleared for takeoff."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15 am Keeva kept trying to think of things that might just help. "Can you aim to throw one past the Beacon," she asked. "Not to hit it but that'll be something he'd scan, surely? Speaking of, you scanned it when you tried to pick it up, right? Perhaps the scans can tell us something?"
"I'm not even completely confident that I'm making it successfully to orbit. Though if I launch one outside of this dead zone, Hivemind will likely see it.

With that said, the droid grabbed another of the creatures, aimed high, and hurtled it away to see if he could get it to where Hivemind would see it.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15 am Jenevive found herself gently rubbing the Lycan's back as she'd done on occasions with the boys. "Never thought I'd be doing this with a superhero," she admitted coyly.
Corvis was already headed for the teacups, ready to spin the thing as much as he could.
Jaken and Golten had stopped at the water guns for a bit and, as usual in these things, turned the guns on each other after the balloons inflated.
The Lycan breathed in and out heavily, trying to regain his composure. "You should go join your son at the Teacups. He's... urf... to young to be on his own. I can... can watch Jaken and Golten from here..."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15 am Hannabelle laughed. "In the old days, that would have been a longer chase," she told Gear as they walked the tree-lined route.
"Hmm... Perhaps." Gear said, giving Hannabelle a kiss on the top of her muzzle. "Then again, I'da been faster in the old days too."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:01 am Tatiana popped the surprisingly large collar of the duster and turned to Recon. "Whole heartedly agree, and I think I now know exactly the ones." She made her way back to the helmet cosmetics, half expecting to see Recon already there. Tatiana meandered and looked around for a moment before she picked up two, triangular looking ones and placed them approximately on her head. They were sharply edged on one side, and with the way Tatiana placed them, they complimented her Cheshire smile, appearing either as ears, or perhaps horns, depending on the beholder. Tatiana turned to Recon again and raised her arms slightly. "Thoughts?"
"Looking good, Tat!" Recon said with both thumbs in the air. "Let's go buy this stuff and hit the bar! I'm itching for a drink and a good brawl!"

Legotron123 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:42 pm "I... But... That's not how...... But you.... What?" Wyvern said, clearly struggling to process all of this. After a little under a minute, she decided it was better to do this in private, and a few of her instances left to continue talking with Diligitus elsewhere. "Anyways, now that... that is dealt with, let's move on to my next topic of interest. Kolt mentioned you had a drone called the Predator, and some of the capabilities he described it having sounded quite...." She paused, letting out a sort of moan that made it seem like she was looking at a particularly delicious meal rather than discussing a potential tech trade. "Interesting. What do you say we have a little tech exchange? I'm sure I have something you'd be willing to trade for those schematics."
"If you're referring to the Predator AI, I can't trade the algorithm used until I've figured out how the drone became sentient." Hivemind stated. "And I'm sorry to say the Digitizer technology is both very new and very involved in security. I use a larger version to lock away more dangerous villains we encounter. If I gave you the technology, and if somebody then stole it from you or someone you taught the technology to, they could potentially learn how to hack into the Server and release some of the most dangerous super-villains to have lived. We're talking planet busters and living plagues that wrecked havoc on entire galaxies."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:27 pm The waiter glanced at the person in question and nearly stumbled. The man was on his feet, dashing towards Hawk with a steak knife in his hand before...

SHLORP!

The man suddenly wasn't there anymore. The ground beneath him had turned into a pudding-like substance, and he sank through it completely. The knife bounced and slid along the ground as the floor returned to a solid state. Moments later, a handful of hive security droids walked in through the door.

"Wha... what was that all about, I wonder?"
Placing the now empty cup back on the saucer, Hawk simply stood up from the seat and made his way to the exit, passing by the security droids and the fallen knife. As he opened the doors, he looked back at the waiter, who was still standing in a state of surprise, and smirked, "He was hired to take out the most wanted man in the galaxy," before leaving the diner and making his way back to the armory as he had the urge to get some trigger time in on the range.
"The Beacon's security is very impressive," his OtherSide remarked, "Our assailant was caught pretty quickly."
"Yep and I believe the rest of these so-called 'hunters' will suffer the same fate as that idiot," Hawk replied, "Makes our situation a bit easier."
"Well, it wouldn't be like this if that job we took didn't go the way it went," The OtherSide reminded him, Hawk rolling his eyes in response as he entered the elevator, "If we would've stuck to the original idea and not go with what we ended up doing, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have a massive bounty on our head."
"Oh for the love of..." Hawk groaned, rubbing his eyes, "Look, I had to act. If I didn't, we would've lost a good chunk of change," as the doors opened to the armory and Hawk got off, he smirked once more with a chuckle, "Besides, even if we weren't on this ship, we have nothing to worry about. Plus, if someone did get lucky? We can easily play dead and poof! There goes the price on our head!" His OtherSide sighed as Hawk picked up a nearby handgun and a rifle and headed to the range. It knew what Hawk was getting at but he wished he wouldn't be so cocky most of the time as that cockiness, in it's mind, is going to get him into serious trouble someday.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a small salute at Recon's words. "Heck yeah." She quickly paid for the duster and helmet attachments before waiting to follow Recon to the bar. "I wonder how a Beacon bar will differ to a Rim bar. Probably classier." She said mostly to herself before happily readjusting her duster slightly and turning to Recon, "So... what did you even buy?" Tatiana finally asked, having been too busy overthinking to ask before then.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny gave the necromancer a hug in friendship. "Anything I can do for you out on the Beacon," she asked, before asking Quint what it was he wanted to do.
----------------------
Corp tested out his knife rig, just to make sure it was still working. These new... abilities were fine but solid was solid. He had both knives extend and retract before concentrating on the psionic things.
----------------------
"When you tried to digitize that thing," Keeva said, "did you store any information on it that I can look at? I'm no bio-engineer," she admitted, "but you never know. And you're doing brilliant, by the way. Dad used to say 'improv is the key'. Think he meant it's hard for them to adapt if you keep changing your attack."
-------------------
"Thanks," Jenevive said, before swishing off after Corvis. Golten and Jaken were currently on the 'whack-a-mole' game, where they weren't using hammers to whack the moles.
------------------
Hannabelle sighed slightly. "We'd have been quite a match in the old days, eh? Which we can tell as we're quite a match now!"
-----------------
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:15 am "Someone's getting cheeky," Cherry said, giving Colorado a soft push to his cheek as she looked up at him before looking to the boys. "And I'd never want to call Sarah fat," she said whilst hesitantly signing 'Thank you to Cailean.
"Y'd be OK," Sarah commented. "'ardly worth a slappin', eh? So' where's t'other three?"
"Th' other three what, hen?" Cailean asks, confused, still signing for Conall.
"Ah think she means th' other... Are they copies? Clones? Or more like a hivemind? Th' other versions of th' Doc anyway, Cailean. Did ye nae see them when we took th' train when we arrived here?"
"Ah... Ah had other things tae think aboot..." Cailean has the decency to look embarrassed.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Wyvern expression dropped at Hivemind's words, definitely not liking his answer. Well that's.... understandable, but still disappointing on both accounts. I'll just have to continue pursuit of those avenues on my own. Regardless, I do have one more question to ask of you." She said, perking back up a bit. "I'd like to set up a shop on your ship. From what I've heard, it's home to what, 8 billion people? That's a VERY sizable market to sell Concertian goods to, and as the largest manufacturer, employer, and IP holder ON Concertian, how can I resist?"
--
I was hoping to test and see whether I can use your powers while in control of your body. I am unable to use Kolt's powers, but his are more of the mental variety, so it is possible I may be able to access powers like yours, which are somewhat more physical in nature. Quint replied in the same flat tone he always did.
--
As soon as she had the all clear, Liz pressed forward on the controls, sending the dropship out into space. Following the directions on the HUD, she flew down towards the planet, heading for the last spot Keeva and the Predator were known to be.

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I wonder how it speaks. I mean, I can bark and howl and stuff, but I've got words. Or maybe it just doesn't want a cookie," Denver says with a grin.
------
Colorado stuck his tongue out, "I think we're at the point in this relationship where we can make jokes about the other," he said, turning back to the group. "They're at home, playing videogames, watching movies, and eating a lot of food that isn't good for them."
------
"Yeah. Carefully." Chris stood awkwardly for a second, "So, Diligitis, what do you do for fun when you're not having a chat with the mortals?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:53 pm Placing the now empty cup back on the saucer, Hawk simply stood up from the seat and made his way to the exit, passing by the security droids and the fallen knife. As he opened the doors, he looked back at the waiter, who was still standing in a state of surprise, and smirked, "He was hired to take out the most wanted man in the galaxy," before leaving the diner and making his way back to the armory as he had the urge to get some trigger time in on the range.
"The Beacon's security is very impressive," his OtherSide remarked, "Our assailant was caught pretty quickly."
"Yep and I believe the rest of these so-called 'hunters' will suffer the same fate as that idiot," Hawk replied, "Makes our situation a bit easier."
"Well, it wouldn't be like this if that job we took didn't go the way it went," The OtherSide reminded him, Hawk rolling his eyes in response as he entered the elevator, "If we would've stuck to the original idea and not go with what we ended up doing, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have a massive bounty on our head."
"Oh for the love of..." Hawk groaned, rubbing his eyes, "Look, I had to act. If I didn't, we would've lost a good chunk of change," as the doors opened to the armory and Hawk got off, he smirked once more with a chuckle, "Besides, even if we weren't on this ship, we have nothing to worry about. Plus, if someone did get lucky? We can easily play dead and poof! There goes the price on our head!" His OtherSide sighed as Hawk picked up a nearby handgun and a rifle and headed to the range. It knew what Hawk was getting at but he wished he wouldn't be so cocky most of the time as that cockiness, in it's mind, is going to get him into serious trouble someday.
Not long after they exited, so did the hive droids escorting the detained man. As they passed by Hawk, one of the droids broke from the group to address him. "Would you mind telling me what that was all about?" he asked sharply.

----------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:57 pm Tatiana gave a small salute at Recon's words. "Heck yeah." She quickly paid for the duster and helmet attachments before waiting to follow Recon to the bar. "I wonder how a Beacon bar will differ to a Rim bar. Probably classier." She said mostly to herself before happily readjusting her duster slightly and turning to Recon, "So... what did you even buy?" Tatiana finally asked, having been too busy overthinking to ask before then.
"No offense meant to you, but from what I hear the Beacon back alleyways are probably classier than the bars in the Rim." Recon joked as they walked down the city streets. "And I mostly got some new pants and shoes. As you can imagine, I wear them out pretty quickly."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:59 am Jenny gave the necromancer a hug in friendship. "Anything I can do for you out on the Beacon," she asked, before asking Quint what it was he wanted to do.
"Nah." The Necromancer said with a casual wave of his hand. "If I need anything, I just ask one of the security droids. They're Hivemind, natch."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:59 am "When you tried to digitize that thing," Keeva said, "did you store any information on it that I can look at? I'm no bio-engineer," she admitted, "but you never know. And you're doing brilliant, by the way. Dad used to say 'improv is the key'. Think he meant it's hard for them to adapt if you keep changing your attack."
"No. At least, nothing you'd be able to use. The data was corrupted the moment I tried to download it." Predator grabs one of the monsters, lifts it into the air, then rams it down into the dirt, burying it thoroughly.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:59 am "Thanks," Jenevive said, before swishing off after Corvis. Golten and Jaken were currently on the 'whack-a-mole' game, where they weren't using hammers to whack the moles.
"Hey! If either of you ends up with a black eye or a goose-egg on your head, your mother'll never trust me to keep you out of trouble again." The Lycan said, though he was trying not to laugh. "The hammers are for the game, not each other!"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:59 am Hannabelle sighed slightly. "We'd have been quite a match in the old days, eh? Which we can tell as we're quite a match now!"
"Mhm." Gear nodded, following alongside Hannabelle. "Though honestly, we'da not been too likely to be on the same side. Workin' as assassins for different governments an' all."

Legotron123 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:43 pm Wyvern expression dropped at Hivemind's words, definitely not liking his answer. Well that's.... understandable, but still disappointing on both accounts. I'll just have to continue pursuit of those avenues on my own. Regardless, I do have one more question to ask of you." She said, perking back up a bit. "I'd like to set up a shop on your ship. From what I've heard, it's home to what, 8 billion people? That's a VERY sizable market to sell Concertian goods to, and as the largest manufacturer, employer, and IP holder ON Concertian, how can I resist?"
"Ten billion, actually. Your shop would need to follow Beacon regulations, naturally. But I don't imagine you would have any problem with that from what I know of you." Hivemind said. "I will approve of the store on the condition that you accept a Beacon Holo-Shop chain on Concertia. The Holo-Shops are a medium between planetary populations and Beacon businesses. It would give Concertians access to the inventory of all stores on the Beacon."

Legotron123 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:43 pm As soon as she had the all clear, Liz pressed forward on the controls, sending the dropship out into space. Following the directions on the HUD, she flew down towards the planet, heading for the last spot Keeva and the Predator were known to be.
As they got closer to the waypoint, something flew past the cockpit, narrowly missing hitting the Ibis. It looked like some kind of bipedal creature, like a Celican. Or... maybe a Varanian? It had long, spindly legs covered in an exoskeleton, and it thrashed about angrily...

Deske wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:41 pm "Yeah. Carefully." Chris stood awkwardly for a second, "So, Diligitis, what do you do for fun when you're not having a chat with the mortals?"
"I am an emotion. An abstract concept." Diligitis spoke. "I cannot interact with the physical world to do anything without a mortal medium. But... I derive enjoyment from the enjoyment of others. When I get the chance to control a physical body, I enjoy simply being with others. I played telekinetic Frisbee with a mortal Champion just yesterday."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:25 pm Not long after they exited, so did the hive droids escorting the detained man. As they passed by Hawk, one of the droids broke from the group to address him. "Would you mind telling me what that was all about?" he asked sharply.
"Nothing,," Hawk replied to the droid, his tone colder then usual, "The dude thought he spotted the most Wanted Man In The Galaxy...standard confusion." He knew he was playing a risky game of lying to a security droid, but he wasn't going to tell just anyone about the truth behind the incident, at least not yet.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny mock cringed. ""As someone said in an old film, 'When someone says 'We've got people everywhere', you expect it to be hyperbole! Florists use that phrase!' Of course, Hive really is everywhere. I'll be back - as someone else once said. But, if you need me, just call, eh?" She let him go and stepped away after his response, ready to head on out. "Wanna do the power of the food first, she asked Quint.
----------------------
"Whoever designed them did a right number," Keeva enthused. "Able to adapt to any attack and resist analysis. The weakness probably exists in a file somewhere in the place they were created. Or in the mind of the person who created them." She thought for a moment. "I wonder if they can compensate for more than one attack at a time? I mean, if you gave them a heat beam to max intensity on one part of the body and an Ice beam to a different part, could they adapt to them both? Or stone and lightning or something? I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about."
----------------------
Hannabelle chuckled slightly. "It'd have been interesting. Wonder if we'd be shooting each other's bullets out of the air? A 'contest of marksmen' type thing?"
---------------------
"I have a feeling," Corp said as the creature flew by, "that that was a clue." He got on what he hoped was a radio and reported a passing 'bilogical entity to the Hivebots.
---------------------
"I wouldn't mind real, Black, fur," Jaken remarked, finally bopping a mole with the hammer and just missing Golten's hand, "but I never got on with bruises."
Golten bopped him softly before missing a Mole. "I won,"
"A strategic retreat is not defeat,"
"Losers say that."
---------------------
"Were more thinkin' of the Captain, Lewis an' Corp," Sarah remarked, "We came on wi' 'em after all."
Cherry looked at her mate slyly. "You could ask them to go out and experience the place, yeah? You'll soon get to know the place better than any of us that way! And how did Denver get on last night, eh?"
--------------------
"Oh, everyone likes Cookies," Sana said, before adding "uh, so I hear, quickly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana chuckled lightly at Recon's words. "You go through shoes like I go through armor repairs." She joked in return, putting her hands into her Duster's pockets as she walked alongside her fellow Champion. "And true, most of the Rim is ramshackle and the rest is too clean. HQ was kinda an outlier, I guess. Though to be fair, the bar aspect was probably just a side thing to profit from increased merc traffic. Don't know if that increased or decreased the amount of brawls that happened."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"I don't see a problem with either of those stipulations. I already have 37 different locations I think would work." Wyvern said, as one of the other computers let out another *ping* upon receiving another data packet. A quick examination would reveal the locations were mostly evenly spread across the three continents, with Viszla having one more than Anju or Spinon. "And with that, I believe our discussion is over. When can I expect to see you on Concertia?"
--
I think we should do the power first. It's something we can test quickly, assuming we can find somewhere to do so without risking damage.
--
"Yeah, I'm getting the impression this is going to require a speedy evac." Liz said, moving the dropship closer to the ground as they got closer to the waypoint. Her suspicions were confirmed as they entered the city, spotting Keeva inside what she assumed to be the Predator drone that Hivemind mentioned, fighting a swarm of monsters. "Both of you, be ready to provide covering fire as soon as I open that ramp! She snapped, getting a quick nod from Lewis, as he got up and pulled out a rifle he got from the armory yesterday. The dropship pulled to a stop about two stories above the street behind the Predator, the back ramp opening up as Liz cried out "Are you capable of flying? We need to regroup outside the disruption and contact Hivemind!" from the speakers.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:01 pm "Nothing,," Hawk replied to the droid, his tone colder then usual, "The dude thought he spotted the most Wanted Man In The Galaxy...standard confusion." He knew he was playing a risky game of lying to a security droid, but he wasn't going to tell just anyone about the truth behind the incident, at least not yet.
The hive droid crossed it's arms and scowled at Hawk. "I know you're lying. Do you think I wouldn't have programmed lie detection into these droids? Now what was it really about?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:07 am Jenny mock cringed. ""As someone said in an old film, 'When someone says 'We've got people everywhere', you expect it to be hyperbole! Florists use that phrase!' Of course, Hive really is everywhere. I'll be back - as someone else once said. But, if you need me, just call, eh?" She let him go and stepped away after his response, ready to head on out. "Wanna do the power of the food first, she asked Quint.
"Say what you want, it's dead convenient." the Necromancer said, smiling weakly at the pun. "I need to get going. I have a class soon. Thanks for visiting me."

He stood up, gave Jenny a wave, then walked over to the security droids who let him out of the room.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:07 am"Whoever designed them did a right number," Keeva enthused. "Able to adapt to any attack and resist analysis. The weakness probably exists in a file somewhere in the place they were created. Or in the mind of the person who created them." She thought for a moment. "I wonder if they can compensate for more than one attack at a time? I mean, if you gave them a heat beam to max intensity on one part of the body and an Ice beam to a different part, could they adapt to them both? Or stone and lightning or something? I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about."
"It's an interesting theory. However, I don't have multiple feasible avenues of attack." The Predator replied as he continued to chuck the creatures left and right, just trying to buy himself some time.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:07 am "I have a feeling," Corp said as the creature flew by, "that that was a clue." He got on what he hoped was a radio and reported a passing 'bilogical entity to the Hivebots.
The Ibis had entered the dead zone, and so Hivemind was unable to receive the message.
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:30 pm "Yeah, I'm getting the impression this is going to require a speedy evac." Liz said, moving the dropship closer to the ground as they got closer to the waypoint. Her suspicions were confirmed as they entered the city, spotting Keeva inside what she assumed to be the Predator drone that Hivemind mentioned, fighting a swarm of monsters. "Both of you, be ready to provide covering fire as soon as I open that ramp! She snapped, getting a quick nod from Lewis, as he got up and pulled out a rifle he got from the armory yesterday. The dropship pulled to a stop about two stories above the street behind the Predator, the back ramp opening up as Liz cried out "Are you capable of flying? We need to regroup outside the disruption and contact Hivemind!" from the speakers.
The Predator drone felt what he assumed must be relief when he saw the Ibis dropship approach, then again when it opened and Champions addressed him. "I can fly. There are signs of life in this town, but they seem to be in some kind of underground bomb shelter. If we're fast, we can contact hivemind and get back to this before these creatures find them." The Predator lifted into the air, kicking a few of the screeching monsters off of his legs. "Be aware, these things regenerate and adapt to whatever damages them."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:07 am Hannabelle chuckled slightly. "It'd have been interesting. Wonder if we'd be shooting each other's bullets out of the air? A 'contest of marksmen' type thing?"
Gear laughed. "I think there ain't a question 'bout that. We'd absolutely do that exact thing."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:07 am "I wouldn't mind real, Black, fur," Jaken remarked, finally bopping a mole with the hammer and just missing Golten's hand, "but I never got on with bruises."
Golten bopped him softly before missing a Mole. "I won,"
"A strategic retreat is not defeat,"
"Losers say that."
The Lycan continued watching the boys play on the different games while Jen was with Corvis. He kept them out of trouble until she got back.

"So what's next?" he asked the group.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:04 pm Tatiana chuckled lightly at Recon's words. "You go through shoes like I go through armor repairs." She joked in return, putting her hands into her Duster's pockets as she walked alongside her fellow Champion. "And true, most of the Rim is ramshackle and the rest is too clean. HQ was kinda an outlier, I guess. Though to be fair, the bar aspect was probably just a side thing to profit from increased merc traffic. Don't know if that increased or decreased the amount of brawls that happened."
"The most miserable societies are those with the largest wealth and power gaps." Recon said, sagely. "Hivemind gives everything to the people. Even if you've got no job at all, he makes sure you have a house, food, and upward mobility if he has to provide that himself." They continued walking until they got to a bar where shouting and cheering could be heard from within. Inside, a rather rowdy group was already engaging in fisticuffs while the crowd cheered and drank.

"Looks like we're just in time for the fun!" Recon grinned.

Legotron123 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:30 pm "I don't see a problem with either of those stipulations. I already have 37 different locations I think would work." Wyvern said, as one of the other computers let out another *ping* upon receiving another data packet. A quick examination would reveal the locations were mostly evenly spread across the three continents, with Viszla having one more than Anju or Spinon. "And with that, I believe our discussion is over. When can I expect to see you on Concertia?"
"Expect us within the next few days, our time. We have an inspection tomorrow. I've received reports of potential sentient and worker's rights violations nearby. In my experience, if it's bad enough to get reported, then we may need to intervene." hivemind said.
-Champion Motto