Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

"...ouch," was the only thing that The OtherSide could say as it laid against the wall panting, "I truthfully think we underestimated Titan here, Hawk..." However, Hawk didn't respond this time. The OtherSide, after the pain subsided, asked again, "Don't you agree, Hawk?" Again, Hawk didn't respond. The OtherSide tried shifting back to let Hawk take over but he didn't react nor respond. Something was going on and it was making The OtherSide worried. "Hawk, what's wrong?" The OtherSide thought to him. While it was a few seconds, Hawk finally responded by finally regaining control of the body (reforming it back to his regular self) and looked at Titan, his expression conveying a surprising amount of fear that shocked even The OtherSide. As he stood there looking at Titan, Hawk asked, "You're not...a disciple of Dracorlok...please tell me you aren't..." While it wasn't clear at first why Hawk was't reacting, the moment Hawk mentioned the name 'Dracorlok', The OtherSide instantly realized what was going on. From how Titan was fighting and the strength behind them, it was triggering flashbacks to a rather dark moment from his past...the time he actually died and it had to take over for a month. That recent blow from Titan must've triggered that memory again in him and he was now reliving those events again. "Hawk, please tell me: Are you OK?" The OtherSide asked but Hawk paid no attention to it and was focused on Titan, as he was waiting for a response.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny had to work to stay conscious at the moment but she didn't feel like giving the enemy the satisfaction and gritted her teeth against the pain. She felt his hands on head. If you can invade him, she told Quint, give it a go!. She felt the pressure. "Easy t...to destroy, isn't...isn't it," she said, "Bet... bet someone like...like you's nev..er thought to s..see if they can heal with the power?" She looked at him with anger. "You...you're too weak to try..."
---------------------
Hannabelle gave Corvis a hug and a kiss (which had him scowling) before putting him down and doing the same to Golten (who wiped his cheek) befor facing theLycan. "I'm not kissing you," she said, putting out a hand.
"You're welcome," Jenevive told Gear, before her brain caught up with what had been said. "Date," she repeated, trying not to grin.
---------------------
"Wasn't asking them, sweetheart," Messalca assured the youth, trying not to look queasy as she put a hand onto 'his' hand. "I was asking you. Got a name you prefer?"
--------------------
Jaken stopped after about ten minutes. "Alright, Mr Hive," he said politely, "how do I find the local climbing wall and pool?"
-------------------
"Best. Shower. Ever," Cherry said, stepping back into the bedroom after ten minutes, smelling slightly of Lemon after ten minutes of lathering and... other things so she could get dressed.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Legotron123 wrote:Liz gave out an awkward cough, clearly not excited to answer Conall’s question. “This is basically an open secret at this point, but I was once in a relationship with a man, who later turned out to be an undercover Fortis Malum, and he’s still not over me, so he probably wiped them out in revenge. Please don’t bring this up with anyone who doesn’t already know, I’m tired of talking about it.” She begged, pausing to take a bite out of her banana before continuing. “As for your other questions, Lockwood didn’t mention the queen so I assume nothing’s happened to her, but I can’t tell for certain. And I don’t think he’ll attack the Beacon, even if he thinks he has the strength to do so, since his grudge has always been against the Republic. He thinks they deliberately neglect areas that don’t provide enough financial benefit, and that they refuse to allow anyone to live outside their authority. Not that he’s entirely wrong about either of those.
"Aye, ye'd be a fool tae attack th' Beacon." Cailean agrees before practically being shoved aside by Conall signing frantically.
After a few moments with the Laird clearly getting frustrated, Cailean grabs his paws to quieten him and then signs more sedately, endeavouring to calm the older dog.
"Easy, Conall. Even Ah cannae follow when ye sign tha' fast!" he grins.
"Sorry. She said she contacted hame! Haow did she dae tha'? Ah need tae ken! We cuid send oor message an' talk wi' everyone again!"
"Aaaah. Ah'll ask." Cailean nods in understanding before relaying the message to the Captain.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp felt the explosion of confusion and hope wash over him and had to put a handpaw down on the table to stop himself from spinning. "We can always ask," he said after Cailean relayed the question. "We know the power links to minds but it might be possible to contact 'V.E.R.A?"
"Y'c'n get mess'ges from oth'rs tae, poss'ble, like," Sarah added, giving a look that made it clear she had no intention of sending a message.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I would hesitate to say pro anything. I can make some basics, pancakes just happens to be both easy to make and highly customizable if you're adventurous enough. As for shipping, I think my family would be slightly less overly enthusiastic that I've found someone." He flipped the pancakes one last time before sliding them off onto a plate. One bottle of syrup synthesized later and he was bringing them over to the table. "I hope they taste good, never made anything with synthesized ingredients before..."
------
"Y'know, maybe Hive is busy. I don't think I got behind my ears. Dad'd be angry." Colorado glanced over a Seena and shrugged.
------
"That's not good... That's definitely not good." Chris did a few quick diagnostic runs through MT's systems, "Is it just motor functions or is it everything?"
Last edited by Deske on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

No No NO!!! Kolt cried out, futilely struggling against Ko Sah’s control. He couldn’t lose another teammate, especially not Jenny. He’d lost so many people already, and he was tired. He was tired of not being strong enough or quick enough or smart enough to save someone. He was tired of going to funerals, of trying not to cry as he saw his friends bodies for the last time. And he was especially tired of dealing with the grief, of constantly wondering what he could’ve done better. He had to do something.
He had to do something.
HE HAD TO DO SOMETHING.

Unfortunately, I am not nearly agile enough for such a plan to work. Quint said, his tone, while still even, sounding more concerned than it did before. He was silent for a few moments, before speaking up again, this time with a quiet sense of determination. I want you to know that if I survive this, I swear to you I will avenge your death and bring Kolt back.

“Before you get too excited, you should know that using her power to establish communication with our home dimension caused Miss Seena a lot of pain, and she was only able to keep that up for a few minutes before she had to stop.” Liz said, wanting to let the brothers know exactly what to expect from any conversation they might be able to have with their family back home. “That being said, if she’s up for trying that again, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to talk to your family today.”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Legotron123 wrote:“Before you get too excited, you should know that using her power to establish communication with our home dimension caused Miss Seena a lot of pain, and she was only able to keep that up for a few minutes before she had to stop.” Liz said, wanting to let the brothers know exactly what to expect from any conversation they might be able to have with their family back home. “That being said, if she’s up for trying that again, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to talk to your family today.”
"Oh..." Suddenly Conall looks very disappointed.
"Well... Ah dinnae want tae hurt her. Is there nae other wye? Mister C said we cuid email a message and Hivemind wuid ken haow..."
"Och, tha's reet. We'll hae tae ask him, Conall." Cailean agrees, forgetting for a moment to "translate" the conversation.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"...ouch," was the only thing that The OtherSide could say as it laid against the wall panting, "I truthfully think we underestimated Titan here, Hawk..." However, Hawk didn't respond this time. The OtherSide, after the pain subsided, asked again, "Don't you agree, Hawk?" Again, Hawk didn't respond. The OtherSide tried shifting back to let Hawk take over but he didn't react nor respond. Something was going on and it was making The OtherSide worried. "Hawk, what's wrong?" The OtherSide thought to him. While it was a few seconds, Hawk finally responded by finally regaining control of the body (reforming it back to his regular self) and looked at Titan, his expression conveying a surprising amount of fear that shocked even The OtherSide. As he stood there looking at Titan, Hawk asked, "You're not...a disciple of Dracorlok...please tell me you aren't..." While it wasn't clear at first why Hawk was't reacting, the moment Hawk mentioned the name 'Dracorlok', The OtherSide instantly realized what was going on. From how Titan was fighting and the strength behind them, it was triggering flashbacks to a rather dark moment from his past...the time he actually died and it had to take over for a month. That recent blow from Titan must've triggered that memory again in him and he was now reliving those events again. "Hawk, please tell me: Are you OK?" The OtherSide asked but Hawk paid no attention to it and was focused on Titan, as he was waiting for a response.
Titan looked at Hawk, considering his question. Their head was tilted slightly, as though confused. Finally, Titan shook their head, but still didn't say anything.

Titan raised a hand and waved to Hivemind in the spectator room. Hivemind's voice sounded over the intercom. "Hawk, do you wish to continue the fight?"

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle gave Corvis a hug and a kiss (which had him scowling) before putting him down and doing the same to Golten (who wiped his cheek) befor facing theLycan. "I'm not kissing you," she said, putting out a hand.
"You're welcome," Jenevive told Gear, before her brain caught up with what had been said. "Date," she repeated, trying not to grin.
"I'd hope not. That would make things pretty awkward." He smiled politely, knowing that it already was awkward. He held his hand out and shook hers, before addressing Gear. "So what brings you here?"

"Me? Or us?" Gear asked. "I was personally hoping Hannabelle might introduce me to her family. I also heard you were showing the family around the Beacon. We both figured it would make sense to join you." He said.

Gear stepped into the house when he was welcomed. He held a hand out for Jenevive to shake. "Hello. My name is Luke Stevens. Most everyone calls me Gear, though."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken stopped after about ten minutes. "Alright, Mr Hive," he said politely, "how do I find the local climbing wall and pool?"
Hivemind responded by lighting up an arrow underneath Jaken's feet. It pointed in the direction he needed to go.

Deske wrote:"That's not good... That's definitely not good." Chris did a few quick diagnostic runs through MT's systems, "Is it just motor functions or is it everything?"
"Just motor functions, but I can't aim anything!" MT responded, clearly alarmed. "I can't hit our assailant without hitting our teammate."

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny had to work to stay conscious at the moment but she didn't feel like giving the enemy the satisfaction and gritted her teeth against the pain. She felt his hands on head. If you can invade him, she told Quint, give it a go!. She felt the pressure. "Easy t...to destroy, isn't...isn't it," she said, "Bet... bet someone like...like you's nev..er thought to s..see if they can heal with the power?" She looked at him with anger. "You...you're too weak to try..."
Ko Sah ignored her taunts. His eyes were filled with burning hatred. He kept up the pressure, squeezing her skull at her temple, looking to smash her head like a watermelon. His teeth were gritted with fury, and his eyes were wild with rage...
Legotron123 wrote:No No NO!!! Kolt cried out, futilely struggling against Ko Sah’s control. He couldn’t lose another teammate, especially not Jenny. He’d lost so many people already, and he was tired. He was tired of not being strong enough or quick enough or smart enough to save someone. He was tired of going to funerals, of trying not to cry as he saw his friends bodies for the last time. And he was especially tired of dealing with the grief, of constantly wondering what he could’ve done better. He had to do something.
He had to do something.
HE HAD TO DO SOMETHING.
"You called?"

Kolt's golden tail, a gift from Diligitis himself, burst into a brilliant light. Ko Sah seized up, letting go of Jenny's head and reeling backwards. Kolt's tail glowed brighter until the light was positively blinding. When the light started to fade, or the viewer's eyes adjusted, the tail had split into nine. Each tail appeared to be made of solid gold, with veins of a strange, pulsing, rainbow-like crystal spreading up their lengths. The veins of color spread across Kolt's body, turning his fur as golden as his tails. Light erupted from his eyes and mouth and a power unlike anything Ko Sah had known before flooded Kolt's mind.

"KO SAH! You have violated my followers. You have hurt their loved ones. You and the Yah Rin have abused your talents, and abused my people, for far too long!" The voice of the demigod of love echoed from Kolt's own throat and echoed across the fabric of space and time. The air vibrated and filled with static. Bolts of lightning shot down from the clear sky, connecting midair with each other and with bolts of power from each of Kolt's nine tails. The bolts ripped the fabric of reality, letting loose an indescribable sound, evoking both complete compassion and unimaginable fury at the same time. The hole in the sky behind Kolt opened up, and a colossal clawed hand of incomprehensible light pushed through. Lightning shot from it in all directions, but seemed to refuse to damage anything it struck. A single claw pointed down at Kolt, and sacred light of colors the mind could not comprehend poured forth from it, striking the back of Kolt's head and piercing through it like a spear.

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Wasn't asking them, sweetheart," Messalca assured the youth, trying not to look queasy as she put a hand onto 'his' hand. "I was asking you. Got a name you prefer?"
"..." The spirit looked at Messalca sadly. He shifted and sat up on the bed, looking down at the floor. "Zachary. My name was Zachary. I was in a bus with my hunting team. They're... in here as well. Too hurt from what happened to go on." He said. He mimicked a shaky breath and continued. "I could see the hunting grounds. I tried going to them. But... I got stuck. It was like... getting caught in a spider web, if spider webs burned like acid."

The other deputy, feeling very sick, got up and ran to the restroom.

The first one, however, burst through the door, having seen the events playing out outside. After all, it's rather hard to miss the hand of a god piercing through a hole in the sky. "CH-CHIEF! YOU'D BETTER COME SEE THIS!"

- - - - -

Gadgeteer felt the power in the air and heard the voice of Diligitis ring through his ears. He skidded to a halt, having pulled the food truck full of civilians, including Saffy and her father, to a safe distance. He turned to look, and his eyes turned upward at the hole in the sky, and what was coming through it. [By the Gilded Dragon...] he muttered in his native tongue.

- - - - -

The stream of light flowed from the hand and into Kolt's head. Ko Sah shrieked in pain and rage, but he was pinned by it. It was dragging him with it, trying to tear him out of his host's head. The flow of power reversed direction suddenly, and Ko Sah couldn't react in time. He was caught in the flow and pulled straight out. Dragged along with the light up into the sky towards the hand of Diligitis, he could do nothing but rage at the god-like entity.

"KO SAH!" Diligitis's voice shook the air. "By the unanimous will of the aspects, I hereby strip you of your power!"

Ko Sah was getting closer to the hand, which threatened to tear reality asunder by merely existing in the realm of the physical. Instead, something was torn from Ko Sah. A sort of whisp-like material was caught by the stream of light and dragged out of his body, which began to grow solid. His body warped and twisted as the forces of nature suddenly had an impact on it. Ko Sah solidified completely, rendered nothing more than a disgusting and pathetically weak white glob with an angry face and hands too weak to support his weight. Striped of his incorporeal nature, he was stripped of his ability to posses a host.

With the deed done, the hand of light retreated back from whence it came, and the hole in the sky sealed with a blinding flash. Kolt's nine tails merged once more into one, and his fur reverted back to it's original appearance. Kolt's body collapsed onto the ground, and his mind was once more his own.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk stood up slowly and walked over to the Titan in silence. "N-n-no," he said solemnly, "I think I uh..I think I need to take a walk. Thank you for the fight, Titan...I'm sorry I asked you that," he then dropped all the weapons he had brought into the arena onto the floor and made his way to the exit. "Sorry to disappoint you, Hivemind," was the last thing Hawk said before exiting.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana collapsed to the ground, no longer held by Kolt's stolen powers, and the combination of missing arm and migraine prevented her from catching herself. Her flickering vision witnessed Diligitis' power, and a part of her took pleasure in seeing the impostor's weakened form. But, as Diligitis' presence faded, that pleasure was quickly replaced by a small, hollow feeling. "Un----[SKZZ]----kes, gia---[SKZZ]---nd War---[SKZZ]---enders, and TH---[SKZZ]---beat u---[SKZZ]?" She tried to say, her damaged helmet messing with her vocal modulator. She let out a crackled and glitched sigh and stopped fighting gravity; suddenly she felt quite tired.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny felt like passing out but she knew that to do that was death and, even now there was no pressure, her head was throbbing to beat the band. She could barely see through blood streaked eyes but she knew something had to be happening after she'd impacted the ground. In the hope something was still working, she managed to jab inexpertly at the recording facility on her wrist, seeing the circle light on her third excruciating attempt at moving her arms. "T...team," she said into her comm, hoping THAT was working. Was that her voice? Sounded off. "rep...report in. Those... who c...can walk, he...help those wh...who can't rep...reply first..." By now, Kolt had fallen and, seeing him so far in the distance, Jenny began trying to pull herself across so she could transfer Quint back where he was needed. It was going to take some time to get there...
---------------
"Well, I'm Jenevive," the Mother said, shaking Gear's pawhand. "The trouble here is Golten and the one trying to touch your leg without you knowing..." (A small handpaw whipped back behind a cub's back at this point,) "is Corvis."
---------------
The Sheriff sighed and swallowed more butterflies. She figured she might soon have a taste for them. "My father always used to say that, if you saw the Hunting Grounds, they'd always be ready for you bu..." she stopped as her deputy returned and urged her outside. "C'mon, let's go look." Putting an unwilling arm around the 'youth', she led him through to where everyone else was looking up at the spectacle. Even awed, she managed a short laugh. "Zachary," she said, using her free hand as a visor against the light, "I was going to go on about the divines still having things for you. Don't think I need to sell you on the divines now, do I?"
--------------
Jaken arrived at the climbing wall and pool and got himself ready for fun. Against his will, they insisted on a harness and he was ready to climb their tallest, hardest wall and totally not cheat by using his gloves but, out of duty, he felt he needed to do one thing first, so he found a nearby bot. "Is there nothing important I should be doing," he asked it.
-------------
"All right," Cherry said, putting an arm across her Mate's shoulders, "what's up?"
------------
"So long as they taste better than bugs," Sana mused. "and you wanna tell me of your fam? And I don't mean the other you's."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt’s body had barely even hit the ground before he was scrambling over to make sure Jenny was okay, barely even noticing the pain in his ears as he did so. ”JENNY!?! Oh dear gods, please be okay!!” He instinctively reached for his watch to contact Hivemind, before remembering that the first thing Ko Sah did was throw that away. “IS ANYONE’S COMMUNICATOR STILL WORKING?!?” He called out, still sounding panicked and worried.

Well, at least we know Kolt is alright. Quint tired snarked in the back of Jenny’s head. Still, it was easy to tell he was glad Ko Sah had (somehow) been stopped before the worst had happened. I hope someone recorded whatever just happened, because neither of us can see, and I would like to know what in the world is going on.

As the brothers conversed in sign language, Liz turned to look at Sarah. “So, how are you handling all this? Anything you want me to know about?” She asked, as Lewis decided to cut open an orange and eat a slice.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk stood up slowly and walked over to the Titan in silence. "N-n-no," he said solemnly, "I think I uh..I think I need to take a walk. Thank you for the fight, Titan...I'm sorry I asked you that," he then dropped all the weapons he had brought into the arena onto the floor and made his way to the exit. "Sorry to disappoint you, Hivemind," was the last thing Hawk said before exiting.
Hawk would find a hive droid standing in his way when he left the room. "You seemed to miss the point of the training." Hivemind said. "Titan is currently at zero percent of their maximum power. You were never going to win this fight. Not on your own, anyway. The point was to teach you to never underestimate your opponent. I think you learned that lesson quite thoroughly."

------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana collapsed to the ground, no longer held by Kolt's stolen powers, and the combination of missing arm and migraine prevented her from catching herself. Her flickering vision witnessed Diligitis' power, and a part of her took pleasure in seeing the impostor's weakened form. But, as Diligitis' presence faded, that pleasure was quickly replaced by a small, hollow feeling. "Un----[SKZZ]----kes, gia---[SKZZ]---nd War---[SKZZ]---enders, and TH---[SKZZ]---beat u---[SKZZ]?" She tried to say, her damaged helmet messing with her vocal modulator. She let out a crackled and glitched sigh and stopped fighting gravity; suddenly she felt quite tired.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny felt like passing out but she knew that to do that was death and, even now there was no pressure, her head was throbbing to beat the band. She could barely see through blood streaked eyes but she knew something had to be happening after she'd impacted the ground. In the hope something was still working, she managed to jab inexpertly at the recording facility on her wrist, seeing the circle light on her third excruciating attempt at moving her arms. "T...team," she said into her comm, hoping THAT was working. Was that her voice? Sounded off. "rep...report in. Those... who c...can walk, he...help those wh...who can't rep...reply first..." By now, Kolt had fallen and, seeing him so far in the distance, Jenny began trying to pull herself across so she could transfer Quint back where he was needed. It was going to take some time to get there...
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt’s body had barely even hit the ground before he was scrambling over to make sure Jenny was okay, barely even noticing the pain in his ears as he did so. ”JENNY!?! Oh dear gods, please be okay!!” He instinctively reached for his watch to contact Hivemind, before remembering that the first thing Ko Sah did was throw that away. “IS ANYONE’S COMMUNICATOR STILL WORKING?!?” He called out, still sounding panicked and worried.
It wasn't long after the fight before the sky filled with Sparrow and Ibis dropships. They landed down in whatever area had enough space for them to do so, and hive droids swarmed out of them by the dozens. Several medics, including Tyratea and other healers, filed out of the ships and followed carefully behind the hive droids.

A few heavier droids filed in and surrounded the pathetic mess that was Ko Sah. Meanwhile, a few light droids escorted Tyratea over to Jenny, while other medics went in different directions to treat the other injured. Gadgeteer flagged down a few and pointed them over to the food truck where the injured civilians were.

Tyratea ran over to Jenny and knelt down next to her. The first thing she did was check Jenny's arms and legs and, realizing they were dislocated, relocated them. She started to draw a circle of light around Jenny's body, then thrust her staff into the air. The circle lit up, and beads of healing light lifted out of the ground and surrounded Jenny. Tyratea continued the process, gradually healing Jenny's injuries. "She'll be fine." the reptilian said to Kolt. "I recommend she take time to rest and heal her injuries."

Meanwhile, a Hive Droid walked up to Tatiana, cringing slightly at the state her shell was in. "Tatiana, can you hear me? Where's your other shell? Is it around somewhere?"

- - - - -

(For Rook)

After the battle, Recon ran up to Traci. "Hey, are you alright? You're not hurt, are you?"

- - - - -

MT landed once he was free of the telekinetic grip. "Chris, are you alright? What... What was that... THING in the sky?"

- - - - -

Medics are currently tending to Kol, and a few more are helping Archangel to his feet.

------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, I'm Jenevive," the Mother said, shaking Gear's pawhand. "The trouble here is Golten and the one trying to touch your leg without you knowing..." (A small handpaw whipped back behind a cub's back at this point,) "is Corvis."
Gear laughed at Corvis's curiosity. "'s alright. You're not the first to be curious. Needless to say, I've had an interesting life. An interesting life that liked to take my limbs from me."

The Lycan leaned back in his chair. "So are the two of you planning on going to the tournament today?" he asked Hannabelle.

------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The Sheriff sighed and swallowed more butterflies. She figured she might soon have a taste for them. "My father always used to say that, if you saw the Hunting Grounds, they'd always be ready for you bu..." she stopped as her deputy returned and urged her outside. "C'mon, let's go look." Putting an unwilling arm around the 'youth', she led him through to where everyone else was looking up at the spectacle. Even awed, she managed a short laugh. "Zachary," she said, using her free hand as a visor against the light, "I was going to go on about the divines still having things for you. Don't think I need to sell you on the divines now, do I?"
Zachary looked at the hand hopefully, but then looked dejected when it left. It left without him. He was starting to loose hope that any of the divines would help him. After all, it was one of their species that tortured his spirit into becoming trapped here. "You didn't before. It was one of them that trapped my soul. I think it called itself... Cupid... something. It called itself greed."

------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken arrived at the climbing wall and pool and got himself ready for fun. Against his will, they insisted on a harness and he was ready to climb their tallest, hardest wall and totally not cheat by using his gloves but, out of duty, he felt he needed to do one thing first, so he found a nearby bot. "Is there nothing important I should be doing," he asked it.
The hive droid looked back down at Jaken. "There's nothing that needs your attention that isn't already being attended to." He said. "Please, just try to relax. The battle is over. Damage control doesn't need all hands on deck."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, ah'm fine, like," \Sarah bluffed, trying to remain professional in a universe of super powers and heavens. She wasn't scared so much by that than by the fact she'd probably have to apologise to at least one Priest if they ever got home. "Y'should prob'bly watch th' tape first, Captain," she added, pausing for Lewis to swallow before continuing. "Them weren't the only 'uns sending messages 'ome from above. So's Dabry."
---------------
Corp's arm wobbled as she said the name and he felt so many feelings that seemed like pride, confusion and fear... yep, he knew that one, it was fear... wash over him. His knees shook for a second before righting themselves. He wanted to ask how the Feline was but knew that'd sound stupid. More he wanted to know if Dabry blamed him but didn't really want to know the answer. He remained quiet.
--------------
I hear that, Jenny chuckled mentally to Quint in the moment before she had some searing agony in most of her limbs as they got reconnected. I don't quite know what's going on, he told her companion, but I think I'm going to be a wuss and pass out now. And so she did.
--------------
"Dunno them two," Messalca told Zachary, before changing tack. "but wouldn't say they're good role models. Now, tell me, you're someone I bet had things they wanted to do and things they wanted to say. 'Unfinished business' I think some call it. So, besides dying? What's the next thing you wanted to do, Zachary? See if we can sort that out for you."
-------------
It wasn't so easy, blotting out the things that had happened when you had no way to distract yourself but Jaken was trying. The kiddies wall had proven no challenge but he'd had to climb it just to prove he knew how and, now, he was the best part of the way up the main wall and, having stopped for a few seconds, had found himself back, watching his world disintegrate in gunfire inside his head for a moment. He shook his head to rid himself of the image and almost came off the wall. The slight anger focussed him somewhat and he made the capture of the next handhold, pulling himself up further. Just out of interest (and totally not to distract himself) he checked to see if he could make a portal here, with the exit - if successful as he'd heard Hive could block powers up here - some ten ft above the water.
------------
"Watching, yes," Hannabelle said as her daughter glanced a 'don't you DARE' look at her, "but probably not competing. Don't want to show up too many, hmm?"
-----------
"I bet it was an entire ARMY that had to fight you to do that," Corvis said breathlessly, fascinated by powers that weren't powers. "No going down easy in the Champions!"
Golten looked at his brother in bemusement. "He's nuts," he affirmed to Eira. "Just gotta look at his clothes to see that."
"The only family in the town with a washing machine," Jenevive admitted quietly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk, after listening to the Hivedroid speak, nodded then said, "Still...guess my past has a way of rearing it's ugly head in my life. Thought I was pass that whole event but...guess I'm not yet," he then sighed, "What's next?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana struggled slightly through the migraine to one knee, nodding at Hivemind to confirm her hearing him. Knowing that any attempt to verbally tell him was fruitless, she waved her remaining arm aimlessly around where she saw her second shell last, which was being flung into the distance. She turned back to Hivemind, "Ff--[SKZZ]--fff--[SKZZ]--a--[SKZZ]--ar. " She said, drawing the one word out in an attempt to be understood, with a shrug.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt calmed down a bit once Jenny got healed, but he was still very stress and confused about what had just happened. Taking a few deep breaths, he walked over to MT and Chris, hoping to get some answers. “Excuse me. I don’t suppose you were recording all of,” he gestured towards where the giant hand came out of the sky, “that? Everything happened so fast, I didn’t really process any of it.”

Quint contemplated for a moment whether or to head out and rejoin with Kolt, before deciding his friend would benefit from not having another person in his head for a bit. Besides, he had something he wanted to talk to Jenny about when she woke up.

”I’d ask how you got a physical tape from someone in the afterlife, but I suspect the answer would give me a headache.” Liz snarked, before letting out a faint sigh. At this point, she’d probably believe anything about this dimension. This species gets their powers from an eldritch being from beyond time and space that just wants to collect data? Sure. You can bring back the dead using feathers from a giant yellow ostrich? Sounds about right. The key to getting back home was finding a mythical interdimensional subway? Makes total sense. Slipping into her coping mechanisms, she grabbed a slice of her sons orange before continuing. “Let’s get this over with. Where’s the afterlife tape?”

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Brad was trapped under the rubble, too shocked to be able to think what to do, too shocked to be able to reach a size where he could do anything.
"K-Ken... please.. help- Ow!" He tried to shout, but he could only manage to get Ken's attention on the rubble, he tried to shout again, and Ken turned back into a dog. Ken ran to the rubble and dug Brad out, Ken carefully picks Brad up with his mouth, then throws Brad up and transforms into a mech, Ken misjudges how large he should make the mech, and it breaks through the ceiling. Leftover energy shrinks the mech, but Ken fails at estimating lengths once more, so he shrinks down to less than two and a half feet.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding, "Uh... Hand- hand of God I guess. Not sure outside of that..." He stared at where the hand had reached from the sky, shaken out of it when Kolt walked up. "What? Oh, uh, yeah! Yeah. Caught it on," he paused to check, "Everything from IR to UV, thermals, full color... You thinking of having another movie night or something?" He chuckled halfheartedly.
------
"Oh, I was just making a joke that maybe we weren't 'clean' enough. Sorry," Colorado gave Seena his best 'Insert Foot in Mouth' smile.
------
"My family. So I was given to a foster home when I was just a pup, never knew my real mom and dad, but I like to think they gave me up because they thought I could have a better life somewhere else. Guess I'll never know now. I was adopted by an old man named Wolf. He wasn't an actual wolf, that was just his name. He'd picked me up to fill up his house after his wife died. He treated me like his own son, to him I was basically his own flesh and blood. Gave me everything, supported my every action while I was growing up. Though he was a little bit unsure about the military life for me, he nonetheless was excited that I had decided to take after him somewhat and become a medic." He sucked in a breath after he was finished rambling. "Anyway, it was just him and me, no real extended family, so I guess it was a pretty simple story."
------
Ulrich had gotten his side fixed up, though the rib would need to sit for at least another day, and was helping move patients between triage and the dropships.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:I hear that, Jenny chuckled mentally to Quint in the moment before she had some searing agony in most of her limbs as they got reconnected. I don't quite know what's going on, he told her companion, but I think I'm going to be a wuss and pass out now. And so she did.
Legotron123 wrote:Quint contemplated for a moment whether or to head out and rejoin with Kolt, before deciding his friend would benefit from not having another person in his head for a bit. Besides, he had something he wanted to talk to Jenny about when she woke up.
Tyratea kept up the healing circle, redrawing it whenever she had to. The beads of light absorbed into Jenny's body, sealing her cuts, repairing her bones, and healing her bruises. By the time Tyratea had stopped, Jenny would be in much less pain, and would be able to move around without too much trouble. She would still be quite stiff, however.

Tyratea reached for a flask on her hip. She held it in her hand until frost started to encase it. She then popped the cork off of it, tipped it over, and poured it's near-freezing contents out onto Jenny's head to wake her up.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana struggled slightly through the migraine to one knee, nodding at Hivemind to confirm her hearing him. Knowing that any attempt to verbally tell him was fruitless, she waved her remaining arm aimlessly around where she saw her second shell last, which was being flung into the distance. She turned back to Hivemind, "Ff--[SKZZ]--fff--[SKZZ]--a--[SKZZ]--ar. " She said, drawing the one word out in an attempt to be understood, with a shrug.
"Shoot." Hivemind said. "Oh well... Don't worry, we'll find it. In the meantime, is that your old shell you have on, or your new one? If it's your old one, you might be able to ask Diligitis to repair it." he suggested.
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt calmed down a bit once Jenny got healed, but he was still very stress and confused about what had just happened. Taking a few deep breaths, he walked over to MT and Chris, hoping to get some answers. “Excuse me. I don’t suppose you were recording all of,” he gestured towards where the giant hand came out of the sky, “that? Everything happened so fast, I didn’t really process any of it.”
Deske wrote:Chris let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding, "Uh... Hand- hand of God I guess. Not sure outside of that..." He stared at where the hand had reached from the sky, shaken out of it when Kolt walked up. "What? Oh, uh, yeah! Yeah. Caught it on," he paused to check, "Everything from IR to UV, thermals, full color... You thinking of having another movie night or something?" He chuckled halfheartedly.
"I can even translate the radio signals into audio, if you'd like." MT said to Kolt. "I don't have any display or monitor though, so I can't show it."

"I've got a monitor." Gadgeteer said, running up to Kolt and the others, holding his data pad in the air.

"I should be able to connect with that." MT offered. "Uploading full color version with radio audio."

Gadgeteer held the data pad to show Kolt, then hit play on the video MT sent. MT had captured the whole event from the start. Kolt's tail splitting into nine, the hand cutting through the sky, the beam of light that ripped Ko Sah out, and the moment Diligitis made him solid. He had captured Diligitis's claim that a unanimous choice by the aspects allowed him to do this, and the distortions in reality as the golden, clawed, almost reptilian hand retracted back into whatever realm it came from.

The radio signals sent out an incomprehensible shriek when the hole in the sky opened up ans the sudden burst of radio static overwhelmed MT's sensors momentarily. After that, while the hand hung in the air, the signals translated into what sounded like billions voices all alongside one another in every language known and some that were not known. Every language from the past, present, and future, across all times and all spaces, all chanting together.

The hand retracted, letting out another burst of radio static as the hole int the sky sealed itself. Ko Sah's weakened, blob-like body was lowered to the ground in the spot where, currently, a large number of Hive droids were shoving something ugly and angry into what looked like a pet carrier with a padlock.
Deske wrote:Ulrich had gotten his side fixed up, though the rib would need to sit for at least another day, and was helping move patients between triage and the dropships.
"Ulrich." Hivemind started. "Get Kol first. She's too big for most of the medics to carry themselves. Get her onto the medical Sparrow. Gadgeteer reported two more injured in the food truck down the street. They should also get on some of the other Sparrows for immediate medical attention."

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Dunno them two," Messalca told Zachary, before changing tack. "but wouldn't say they're good role models. Now, tell me, you're someone I bet had things they wanted to do and things they wanted to say. 'Unfinished business' I think some call it. So, besides dying? What's the next thing you wanted to do, Zachary? See if we can sort that out for you."
"I am... was... 16 years old." Zachary said, mournfully. "Of course I had things I wanted to do. I had a whole life I wanted to live. I wanted to go to collage. The whole reason I was in that hunting team was to get a scholarship. I wanted to go into the film industry." He glared at Messalca. "Think you can sort that out? I don't even have full control of this body. I share it with nearly a thousand other people, all of them with their lives cut short, and their souls having been tortured. How about that? Think you can sort that out?" the spirit said, sounding increasingly angry. He wasn't angry specifically with Messalca. He was angry with everything about this situation. Messalca... just happened to be the one he was talking to right now.

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:It wasn't so easy, blotting out the things that had happened when you had no way to distract yourself but Jaken was trying. The kiddies wall had proven no challenge but he'd had to climb it just to prove he knew how and, now, he was the best part of the way up the main wall and, having stopped for a few seconds, had found himself back, watching his world disintegrate in gunfire inside his head for a moment. He shook his head to rid himself of the image and almost came off the wall. The slight anger focussed him somewhat and he made the capture of the next handhold, pulling himself up further. Just out of interest (and totally not to distract himself) he checked to see if he could make a portal here, with the exit - if successful as he'd heard Hive could block powers up here - some ten ft above the water.
Jaken would find he was able to generate a portal, but likely couldn't jump through it because of the ropes he was attached to.

Meanwhile, Hivemind was watching Jaken. He knew Jaken was going through a lot. He should never have let Jaken go down to the planet. But lives were on the line... Jaken was responsible for a lot of people surviving who would otherwise have died.

Hivemind resolved that he would speak with Jaken the moment he was back on the ground. He would arrange a session with a therapist.

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Watching, yes," Hannabelle said as her daughter glanced a 'don't you DARE' look at her, "but probably not competing. Don't want to show up too many, hmm?"
The Lycan laughed. "Probably for the best. The fights can get brutal. Hivemind makes the fighters wear Stasis triggers for a reason."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I bet it was an entire ARMY that had to fight you to do that," Corvis said breathlessly, fascinated by powers that weren't powers. "No going down easy in the Champions!"
Golten looked at his brother in bemusement. "He's nuts," he affirmed to Eira. "Just gotta look at his clothes to see that."
"The only family in the town with a washing machine," Jenevive admitted quietly.
"An entire army..." Gear said, wondering if he should just go with that. He decided against it. "No, not an entire army." He grinned. "I had the army in a retreat by then. No, it was a thousand-foot-long snake that took my limbs."

-----------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Hawk, after listening to the Hivedroid speak, nodded then said, "Still...guess my past has a way of rearing it's ugly head in my life. Thought I was pass that whole event but...guess I'm not yet," he then sighed, "What's next?"
"First, before we move on, would you like to take a short break?" Hivemind asked. "No offense, but you took quite a few hits back there. Not just physical ones."
furrygamer793 wrote:Brad was trapped under the rubble, too shocked to be able to think what to do, too shocked to be able to reach a size where he could do anything.
"K-Ken... please.. help- Ow!" He tried to shout, but he could only manage to get Ken's attention on the rubble, he tried to shout again, and Ken turned back into a dog. Ken ran to the rubble and dug Brad out, Ken carefully picks Brad up with his mouth, then throws Brad up and transforms into a mech, Ken misjudges how large he should make the mech, and it breaks through the ceiling. Leftover energy shrinks the mech, but Ken fails at estimating lengths once more, so he shrinks down to less than two and a half feet.
Hivemind heard the commotion coming from inside the room. He stuck his head in just in time for Ken to break through the ceiling. He stood there for a moment, looking at the hole, then sighed. "Hang on, Brad. Ken! Down! Stop shifting!" He carefully stepped over and picked Brad up in his hand, holding him in his palm. He then picked up the toy-sized mech and started carrying them out while the training room repaired itself. "You alright, Brad?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"I'm fine," Hawk replies, "What's next?" His Other Side, however, was worried as he mentally tells him, "I think we should take five. Titan's attacks must've triggered something in you cause you're not yourself right now." But, Hawk thinks back, "I said: I'm fine."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny found herself coming around to something somewhat unpleasant and wrinkled her muzzle. She could feel her teeth and counted them with her tongue to make sure they were still there. Yup. Still there and growing as usual. The headache otside was dousing the headache inside and she found she could open her eyes with a moment's effort. They were sort of working. Hey, she thought, things are looking up. Or I am, anyhow. Ow. Moving hurts. "He..." she rasped. "He...llo."
-----------------
"Kid," Messalca said, "I'd never be able to give you those answers. All I can tell you is that things don't go to plan. Ever. Anyone tells you they have for them didn't have real plans to begin with. I was always supposed to be some bigwig in a city by now - according to my folks - or an Officer in the Army - according to my tutors. Ain't nothing compared to you but life plans are a best aim in a hurricane. Figure you'll find why he didn't want you to pass on yet, hon. You all will. Now, putting aside the obvious, whilst YOU are HERE, what would you like to do?" She thought for a few seconds. "Film? Before or behind the camera?"
----------------
"Whoa," Corvis drawled, thinking how big a thousand foot snake must be. "Did it swallow you and you had to shoot your way out from inside?"
--------------
"Well, obv..." Hannabelle started, before being distracted by Corvis' statement. She looked at her grandcub with something akin to bemusement before returning her attention to the Lycan. "I blame the movies. It makes it easier for people to fight with deadly intent if there's no chance of it working."
-------------
Jaken turned his attention to the roof handholds and considered if he could use them like that dratted Squirrel that had just whisked past. The wire ran across the roof too so he'd be safe. But, being safe, where was the point? He had a strange feeling that the protective harness wouldn't let him take it off whilst he was up here so, reluctantly, he started back down.
--------------
"If we're too clean now, love," Cherry said, tickling Colorado's muzzle, "we couldn't possibly be dirty enough to shower again later."
--------------
"My parents are high fliers," Sana admitted, "so having a Daughter who can't hunt was a real drawback," She bit a pancake. "Not too bad. I got good at breaking into computers to change my grades as much as possible. Got into that to keep them happy." She shrugged. "Didn't work. Never really got on with family. Which I guess you have now? Looooottta brothers now, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana shrugged, shifting from kneeling to sitting. She thought over how to exactly contact Digilitis before mentally shrugging and just thinking towards the Aspect. 'Hey, Diligits, I know you just did us a huge favor, but Hivemind suggested this, so could you fix up my shell just a little? My flickering vision is aggravating the migraine.' Her pride took a hit from having to ask the Aspect for the favor, but she felt too tired to really care at that point in time.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean is confused for a moment as to why the Captain didn't answer his question and then realises he's signed it at her.
"Ah, sorry, Cap'n." he apologises, looking embarrassed.
"Ah fergot ye dinnae sign an' Ah fergot Ah was signin'. Ah said we dinnae want tae hurt Miss Seena an' we wondered if'n ye kenned another wye tae send a message hame. Mister C said Hivemind wuid ken what tae dae..." the dog says, passing over Conall's tiny computer open to the video.
"Just, er... It's a little private in places. Be discreet wi' it, please..." he finishes awkwardly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I've got a hundred questions about this entire situation and I have no idea where to start. Anyone else feeling a somewhat lingering feeling of 'What'?" Chris said, watching the video replay and paying closer attention to the voices in the background.
------
Ulrich nodded towards the Hivebot, "On it," he replied as he headed off to get Kol. He found her right where she'd been dropped after Ko Sah had been pulled from Kolts body. He carefully scooped her up in his arms, before heading over to the nearest medical Sparrow. Loading her on was as easy as placing her on one of the stretchers and letting the docs handle the rest. Once she was on, he made for the food truck.
------
"You~ make an excellent point," Colorado said, wrapping his arms around her and giving her a peck on the nose, "Probably wouldn't look good if we put off little..." he paused in thought, "Eh, we'll figure it out, but it wouldn't look good if we put setting up for their future off any more."
------
"I'd say something about judging worth based on hunting prowess in a universe where you could jump to the next star system and get exotic food, but I won't because my world does basically the same thing, just other aspects of life," he said, giving her a bit of a shrug. "As for brothers, I guess you aren't wrong. It's a bit of a weird situation, since we can all think on the same thought train, but also completely separately. Twin powers I guess."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was silent as he watched the video, save for the faint sound of his tail slowly wagging as he saw the nine golden tails he had briefly. “I have to agree, this is rather confusing.” He said once the video was over. “The idea of the aspects “unanimously agreeing” on something raises multiple questions on its own, let alone on something like this. The impression I’ve gotten is that very few of the aspects actually care about any of us on a personal level, so I can’t think of anything about what happened that would cause them to all decide Ko Sah should be punished. Maybe if he’d controlled my mind instead of my body I could see it, since they’re all essentially emotions and concepts brought to life, but as it is I have too many questions.”

I would expect it to hurt given what you have been through. I am honestly surprised you are wake this early. Quint said, greeting Jenny as she woke up. I hope you do not mind that I stuck around. I thought Kolt would like to be alone in his head for a bit after what just happened.

Liz looked rather confused by what Cailean said, as she pulled the computer closer to her. “I’m unaware of any other way to communicate across dimensions, and Hivemind did not give me the impression that he was aware of any other methods either. This is either a new development, or he was keeping this from me.” She said, before clicking play on the video.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Legotron123 wrote:Liz looked rather confused by what Cailean said, as she pulled the computer closer to her. “I’m unaware of any other way to communicate across dimensions, and Hivemind did not give me the impression that he was aware of any other methods either. This is either a new development, or he was keeping this from me.” She said, before clicking play on the video.
"Ah..." says Cailean, translating the words for Conall.
"Well, tha's a wee bit awkward..."
"Aye..." Unsure quite how to respond, the boys wait in silence as Liz watches the video.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp could feel his guts churning from the reactions of the people around him as they watched the video. "Def... Definitely need to speak to him, yes. And Seena." He swallowed. "I'm not... her biggest fan but she's one who'll do her best here. For the crew."
-----------------
We'll, um, get you back, Jenny thought, when he's ready. But I don't mind so much.
Just no looking through my memories, eh? Heh.
She kept looking up and remembering to blink. She had a feeling a Varanian would be looming into view shortly.
----------------
"Remember you can tease them," Sana offered. "They're identical but don't have a girlfr...iend." She found she'd paused, thinking on what she was saying halfway through saying it but decided what the heck and said it anyway.
---------------
Keeva headed out, looking to sort out her employment status with whoever needed her.
--------------
"And we have to buy name books," Cherry remarked, enjoying the feel of Colorado. "I don't know what names are normal around here."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"I'm fine," Hawk replies, "What's next?" His Other Side, however, was worried as he mentally tells him, "I think we should take five. Titan's attacks must've triggered something in you cause you're not yourself right now." But, Hawk thinks back, "I said: I'm fine."
Hivemind looked at Hawk skeptically. "You're not fine." He said, calling Hawk's bluff. "Tell me what went wrong?"

-------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Kid," Messalca said, "I'd never be able to give you those answers. All I can tell you is that things don't go to plan. Ever. Anyone tells you they have for them didn't have real plans to begin with. I was always supposed to be some bigwig in a city by now - according to my folks - or an Officer in the Army - according to my tutors. Ain't nothing compared to you but life plans are a best aim in a hurricane. Figure you'll find why he didn't want you to pass on yet, hon. You all will. Now, putting aside the obvious, whilst YOU are HERE, what would you like to do?" She thought for a few seconds. "Film? Before or behind the camera?"
The spirit didn't say anything for a bit. Then he finally answered. "Directing. Maybe a bit of screenwriting."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Whoa," Corvis drawled, thinking how big a thousand foot snake must be. "Did it swallow you and you had to shoot your way out from inside?"
"Ehhhh, somethin' like that..." Gear said, a little uncomfortably and slipping into his odd accent, not really wanting to get into the details of what happened. "So what are we gonna do first?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, obv..." Hannabelle started, before being distracted by Corvis' statement. She looked at her grandcub with something akin to bemusement before returning her attention to the Lycan. "I blame the movies. It makes it easier for people to fight with deadly intent if there's no chance of it working."
"Eh, it's less they're fighting with lethal intent, and more that it's really hard to figure out how much force to use when dealing with supers." The Lycan said. "And we were thinking of getting some food first, if you'd like to come. I know you don't eat, Gear, but maybe Hannabelle would like to join?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken turned his attention to the roof handholds and considered if he could use them like that dratted Squirrel that had just whisked past. The wire ran across the roof too so he'd be safe. But, being safe, where was the point? He had a strange feeling that the protective harness wouldn't let him take it off whilst he was up here so, reluctantly, he started back down.
Jaken would find Hivemind waiting for him at the bottom. "Hey, Jaken. I think we should talk for a minute. Would you please follow me? You're not in trouble."

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana shrugged, shifting from kneeling to sitting. She thought over how to exactly contact Digilitis before mentally shrugging and just thinking towards the Aspect. 'Hey, Diligits, I know you just did us a huge favor, but Hivemind suggested this, so could you fix up my shell just a little? My flickering vision is aggravating the migraine.' Her pride took a hit from having to ask the Aspect for the favor, but she felt too tired to really care at that point in time.
"Of course, Tatiana. I would be happy to help." The characteristic voice of love spoke from within her mind and memories. Her armor started glowing, and the gaps and holes in it started sealing themselves shut once again, like they did the day the Dragon Knight had first turned it into an artifact. "Don't hesitate to ask for help, once in a while."

- - - - -
Deske wrote:"I've got a hundred questions about this entire situation and I have no idea where to start. Anyone else feeling a somewhat lingering feeling of 'What'?" Chris said, watching the video replay and paying closer attention to the voices in the background.
"I am absolutely beyond the point of just having a lingering feeling of "What" but yes, I sympathize with the feeling of having too many questions to ask." MT stated. "But I suppose the first question I could ask was what who's hand was that?!" He said. "I feel answering that will either raise a ton of extra questions, or answer a ton of questions. Or both."
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt was silent as he watched the video, save for the faint sound of his tail slowly wagging as he saw the nine golden tails he had briefly. “I have to agree, this is rather confusing.” He said once the video was over. “The idea of the aspects “unanimously agreeing” on something raises multiple questions on its own, let alone on something like this. The impression I’ve gotten is that very few of the aspects actually care about any of us on a personal level, so I can’t think of anything about what happened that would cause them to all decide Ko Sah should be punished. Maybe if he’d controlled my mind instead of my body I could see it, since they’re all essentially emotions and concepts brought to life, but as it is I have too many questions.”
"Ok..." MT rubbed his metal temple in a mimicry of an expression of a confusion-induced headache. "Second question. What are these 'aspects' and what do they have to do with everything? The term's been mentioned a few times, but I do not believe they have been explained to Chris or me."

- - - - -
Deske wrote:Ulrich nodded towards the Hivebot, "On it," he replied as he headed off to get Kol. He found her right where she'd been dropped after Ko Sah had been pulled from Kolts body. He carefully scooped her up in his arms, before heading over to the nearest medical Sparrow. Loading her on was as easy as placing her on one of the stretchers and letting the docs handle the rest. Once she was on, he made for the food truck.
Ulrich would find four individuals in the food truck. Two of them were the injured truck employees that were still locked in stasis thanks to Gadgeteer's quick action. The other two were Saffy and her Father, neither of whom were injured.

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:We'll, um, get you back, Jenny thought, when he's ready. But I don't mind so much.
Just no looking through my memories, eh? Heh.
She kept looking up and remembering to blink. She had a feeling a Varanian would be looming into view shortly.
She was right. After he finished showing the video to Kolt and the others, Gadgeteer returned to Jenny. He didn't wear an expression of anger though. It was hard to tell with Varanians having the rigid, scaled faces they do, but he looked concerned. He was checking a computer on his wrists for her vitals, and let out a breath he was holding when they returned showing Jenny was conscious. "You're alright. Think you can stand with help?" He asked.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva headed out, looking to sort out her employment status with whoever needed her.
A hive droid happened to see Keeva and greeted her. "Hello, Keeva. Can I help you with anything this morning?" he asked.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana let out something of a sigh as her vision stabilized and arm was restored. "Thanks, Digilitis." She then turned to Hivemind, seeming a little odd, but functional, "So, anywhere specific you need me boss? Or should I check up on the rest of the team?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind looked at Hawk skeptically. "You're not fine." He said, calling Hawk's bluff. "Tell me what went wrong?"
Hawk went silent for a moment before replying, "I was legally dead for a month and my Other Side had to be in my steed for that time, thanks to someone with powers similar to your Titan...being who called himself Dracorlok committed the act. Once I was alive again, I of course ended that creature's life but I made a promise to myself. A promise that I would personally track and kill every last disciple of his...THAT'S why I asked Titan if he was...THAT'S why I froze..." A small tear then came out of his left eye as remembering that event still haunts him to this day.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"How... is everyone," Jenny asked, opening her eyes. She was almost glad to see him right now. It proved definitively that the fight was over and she wasn't dead. If it had been Kolt standing there - or Kol - she wouldn't have been so sure. "And probably," she added, forcing her muscles to move and rise.
--------------
"Um, of course," Jaken said, almost uncertainly, as he began unclipping himself from the restraints. "Has something happened?"
-------------
"Well," Messalca said as a truck went by, "that's the OB truck for the local news channel. Figure it's headed for the same place I gotta go. They're probably going to be there half the day and I know the producer. Wanna get some first hand experience of how it works?"
------------
"Breakfast," Jenevive said, before Corvis or Golten could say anything, "does sound good. And mother's coming," she continued, shooting Hannabelle a look.
"Apparently, I'm coming," Hannabelle repeated before whispering so only the Lycan and, possibly, Eira could hear. "So I can distract the cubs and she can talk to you..."
-----------
"Oh, just looking to see if there was anything I could do, Hive," Keeva breezed. "Have you peeked at the HAVEN, see what different techs the two ships have?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich climbed up into the truck, careful not to slice his hands open on the shredded metal. He gave a nod to Saffy and her dad before heading towards the two that were in stasis. "Are you two okay?" He asks the two that weren't in stasis, shifting the workers so that he could carry one in each arm. "If not, you can follow me to the medical ships, even if it's for cuts and scrapes." He gives them a smile and hops out of the truck, making his path towards the Sparrow obvious in case they decided to follow him.
------
"I think he just explained it," Chris said, still a little lost. "Emotions and concepts brought to life. And I think, if I may be so bold to assume, that that hand we saw was one of theirs." He glanced up at MT, "I'm with ya though, that didn't really help my thought process at all."
------
"What's normal somewhere might not be normal somewhere else. We know what's normal where we're from, so why not stick with that?" Colorado let his arms slide off Seena as he moved over to the closet to find something to wear. "You think that 'dad clothes' are the same here though? I'm looking forward to a life of Polo's, cargo shorts, and socks with sandals."

'Eugh, socks and sandals, gross,' resonated a thought in the back of his mind.
------
"I totally can. I can hear them teasing me in my head, so I don't think they have a choice. Also, points for using the word. Didn't think we'd get to boyfriend/girlfriend this quickly," he said, chuckling slightly.

'Still an awkward nerd,' the group said.
Last edited by Deske on Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“More specifically, they are godly beings who each are the embodiments of specific emotions and concepts, who grow in power the more widespread said emotions and concepts are. The one we just saw was Diligitus, the aspect of love, justice, friendship, all that jazz.” Kolt clarified, trying to help the two understand. “I’ve only encountered three so far. Odium, the aspect of hate, Cupiditas, the aspect of greed, and Diligitus. And quite frankly, I have no idea how all of them agreed on Ko Sah being punished. He was taking what he wanted by force, which would’ve pleased Cupiditas, and he was taking revenge on someone who he thought wronged him, which is right up Odium’s alley. They would have no reason to want him to be punished, so there should be no way what Diligitus did was something the aspects unanimously agreed on.”

Jenny had barely started to move before Quint stopped her, briefly taking control of her body to force her back down. Please do not try to move. You just got your limbs relocated, and it would be a bad idea to move them before you’re fully recovered. He said, sounding like he had to tell Kolt stuff like this a LOT.

Liz silently watched the videos, not reacting much beyond clenching her fist when Darby’s message played. Once the tape had finished, she looked up at Sarah and the brothers with a serious, yet unconcerned expression. “There should be no problem showing your families this, assuming there really is a way to send this to them.” She paused for a moment, as her face took on a more melancholy expression. “If there is, you can bet I’ll be next in line to send a message. I’d like to let my family know that me and Lewis are fine. Shoot, if it’s been four years than we’ve missed Jake’s college graduation.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Fair, Jenny conceded, but I'll have to tell him. She tried to smile. "Seems Quint isn't fond of me getting up," she told Gadgeteer. "Is there a chair you can carry me to?"
----------------------
"Well, let them think on this," Sana said, scooching around to be sat right next to Denver. "Just let me know if their hard drives crash, eh?" She continued with breakfast.
---------------------
"Normal," Cherry warned humorously, "is how you end up with names like Bert. And I don't think you should combine the two but the sandals should be OK..."
--------------------
Corp put what he hoped was a consoling handpaw on Liz's shoulder.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp could feel his guts churning from the reactions of the people around him as they watched the video. "Def... Definitely need to speak to him, yes. And Seena." He swallowed. "I'm not... her biggest fan but she's one who'll do her best here. For the crew."
"Forgive mah askin', sir, but are ye okay? Dae ye want tae sit?" Cailean asks, offering the mouse his chair.
Legotron123 wrote:Liz silently watched the videos, not reacting much beyond clenching her fist when Darby’s message played. Once the tape had finished, she looked up at Sarah and the brothers with a serious, yet unconcerned expression. “There should be no problem showing your families this, assuming there really is a way to send this to them.” She paused for a moment, as her face took on a more melancholy expression. “If there is, you can bet I’ll be next in line to send a message. I’d like to let my family know that me and Lewis are fine. Shoot, if it’s been four years than we’ve missed Jake’s college graduation.
"Thanks. Sae... Haow did Seena dae it? Maybe she'd hae some idea again?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk went silent for a moment before replying, "I was legally dead for a month and my Other Side had to be in my steed for that time, thanks to someone with powers similar to your Titan...being who called himself Dracorlok committed the act. Once I was alive again, I of course ended that creature's life but I made a promise to myself. A promise that I would personally track and kill every last disciple of his...THAT'S why I asked Titan if he was...THAT'S why I froze..." A small tear then came out of his left eye as remembering that event still haunts him to this day.
Hivemind was silent for a minute. He stood there, looking Hawk in the eyes, before finally speaking. "That's a promise you will have to give up on. I've never heard of this 'Dracorlok' but rule number one is that Champions don't kill targets. I make no exceptions for any individual. That rule is possibly the only thing that keeps the Champions near-universally considered heroes and not a band of overpowered mercenaries under the employ of a socialist dictator. Our job is to save lives first, and taking revenge runs completely counter to that. I'm sorry for what happened to you, but you can't let it impact your future. I can arrange therapy sessions to deal with any lingering issues caused by trauma."

---------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana let out something of a sigh as her vision stabilized and arm was restored. "Thanks, Digilitis." She then turned to Hivemind, seeming a little odd, but functional, "So, anywhere specific you need me boss? Or should I check up on the rest of the team?"
"It would be good for you to check in with the other members of the team." Hivemind said. "Go to Jenny and Gadgeteer first. They might need help."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"How... is everyone," Jenny asked, opening her eyes. She was almost glad to see him right now. It proved definitively that the fight was over and she wasn't dead. If it had been Kolt standing there - or Kol - she wouldn't have been so sure. "And probably," she added, forcing her muscles to move and rise.
"Kol's been taken into the medical Sparrow. She's in bad shape, but she'll make it. Kolt, Chris, and the mech are all trying to figure out what just happened. Tatiana's armor was in bad shape last I saw her, but she doesn't have any organs to damage, so I imagine she's fine. Ulrich got patched up and is now helping the injured to the medical Sparrows." Gadgeteer answered.
Legotron123 wrote:Jenny had barely started to move before Quint stopped her, briefly taking control of her body to force her back down. Please do not try to move. You just got your limbs relocated, and it would be a bad idea to move them before you’re fully recovered. He said, sounding like he had to tell Kolt stuff like this a LOT.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Fair, Jenny conceded, but I'll have to tell him. She tried to smile. "Seems Quint isn't fond of me getting up," she told Gadgeteer. "Is there a chair you can carry me to?"
"Tyratea's no novice healer." Gadgeteer said, bluntly. "If she healed you, you can walk." He held his hand out to help her to her feet. "Lean on me, if you need to."

Deske wrote:"I think he just explained it," Chris said, still a little lost. "Emotions and concepts brought to life. And I think, if I may be so bold to assume, that that hand we saw was one of theirs." He glanced up at MT, "I'm with ya though, that didn't really help my thought process at all."
Legotron123 wrote:“More specifically, they are godly beings who each are the embodiments of specific emotions and concepts, who grow in power the more widespread said emotions and concepts are. The one we just saw was Diligitus, the aspect of love, justice, friendship, all that jazz.” Kolt clarified, trying to help the two understand. “I’ve only encountered three so far. Odium, the aspect of hate, Cupiditas, the aspect of greed, and Diligitus. And quite frankly, I have no idea how all of them agreed on Ko Sah being punished. He was taking what he wanted by force, which would’ve pleased Cupiditas, and he was taking revenge on someone who he thought wronged him, which is right up Odium’s alley. They would have no reason to want him to be punished, so there should be no way what Diligitus did was something the aspects unanimously agreed on.”
Chris would notice a number of logic errors flash up on screen as they said this. Apparently, the existence of god-like beings representing things he previously considered just neural activity, just signals in the brain being sent from one neuron to the next, combined with actually seeing one of these entities enter the physical world despite being apparently metaphysical in nature, finally fell outside of his expected parameters. Eventually, all he could manage to say was "None of that makes any sense..."

Quite frankly, words that could summarize the entire universe they found themselves in.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um, of course," Jaken said, almost uncertainly, as he began unclipping himself from the restraints. "Has something happened?"
"No, Jaken." Hivemind said. "Nothing's happened. I just noticed... you seemed upset. I understand. Why don't we get you a bowl of ice cream, and we can talk about it? I find talking about things and letting things out helps." He said, a little lamely. He had a habit of helping anyone he could, but that didn't mean he was an especially experienced therapist.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Messalca said as a truck went by, "that's the OB truck for the local news channel. Figure it's headed for the same place I gotta go. They're probably going to be there half the day and I know the producer. Wanna get some first hand experience of how it works?"
Zachary watched the truck drive by on it's way to the hotel, considering the offer. Finally, a small smile spread across his face, and he nodded to Messalca.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Breakfast," Jenevive said, before Corvis or Golten could say anything, "does sound good. And mother's coming," she continued, shooting Hannabelle a look.
"Apparently, I'm coming," Hannabelle repeated before whispering so only the Lycan and, possibly, Eira could hear. "So I can distract the cubs and she can talk to you..."
"Sounds good!" The Lycan said both to Jenevive and Hannabelle. "We should get going then before all the restaurants switch to the lunch menu."

Eira was using her arm to make miniature versions of Golten and Corvis out of ice. The two ice figurines were in the middle of a play fight when it seemed like they were about to leave. The two figures merged back with her arm, and she sprang to her feet. "Great! I'm starving! I need to eat before I start practicing for the tournament."

Gear held out a hand for Hannabelle, and The Lycan stood by the door and waited for everyone to follow him. "Everyone ready?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, just looking to see if there was anything I could do, Hive," Keeva breezed. "Have you peeked at the HAVEN, see what different techs the two ships have?"
"I have." Hivemind nodded. "It's not too dissimilar to the tech used on the Beacon when I first built it. That was before I started using catoms and claytronics to build everything from walls to roads."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind was silent for a minute. He stood there, looking Hawk in the eyes, before finally speaking. "That's a promise you will have to give up on. I've never heard of this 'Dracorlok' but rule number one is that Champions don't kill targets. I make no exceptions for any individual. That rule is possibly the only thing that keeps the Champions near-universally considered heroes and not a band of overpowered mercenaries under the employ of a socialist dictator. Our job is to save lives first, and taking revenge runs completely counter to that. I'm sorry for what happened to you, but you can't let it impact your future. I can arrange therapy sessions to deal with any lingering issues caused by trauma."

Hawk, however, shook his head. "No therapy...and the sins of the past aren't easily forgotten by those whose hunt, especially by angels and demons," he replied coldly before sighing, "But you are right so, let's move on. What's next?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah I think I'm just gonna not think about it and go with the flow. Not really in the mood for any sort of existential crisis today," Chris said, with the slightest of frowns.
------
"I'd die before we named our child Bert. I was thinking of something like Ernie or Oscar," Colorado replied with a rather wide grin.
------
Denver chuckled, "I'll let them know that my girlfriend can fix it for them. Really drive home the point."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded at Hivemind's suggestion, a little happier to see to her team than the alternatives there may have been. "Aye aye, sir." She turned and made her way, briskly toward her fallen teammate and Gadgeteer. She leaned over Jenny, while being conscious to give Jenny space and spoke, her voice seeming softer than before. "You doin' okay?" She turned her head to Gadgeteer as well and asked, "Need any assistance over here? Hive sent me in case ya did."