Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2104
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Surprisingly, Hawk was already up when the communicator went off. He had been up since 6am doing some small workouts, mainly stretches and push-ups. "Ready to go?" Hawk's other side asked as Hawk finished off his breakfast and was putting some clothing on. Hawk nodded and made his way for the door, but told his Other Side that if they do end up sparring with someone to "Not hold back" which was followed by the Other Side promising it won't. With everything set, Hawk headed for floor B1.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3926
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Waking up with a loud yawn, Kolt got out of bed with a smile on his face. Diligitus kept his promise, and he’d gotten to see Alya and Lila in his dreams last night. The memories were vague, but that didn’t affect the warm and fuzzy feeling he had. Still, as he made sure Quint’s container was still resting on the nightstand, he couldn’t help but feel something was off. He couldn’t figure out what it was though, so he decided it could wait until after he’d taken a shower.

Pretty everyone in Liz’ house got up around seven, so they were already up and ready by the time 8 o’clock rolled around. Lewis was sitting on the coach, still shopping to replace all the stuff he lost, while Liz herself had just finished some morning exercises, wearing some new shapeshifter work out clothes her son had apparently bought for her yesterday. She grabbed a cup of orange juice out of the fridge before heading over to the intercom by the back door. “Hivemind, is there anyone that needs to speak with me, or am I good to test out a theory in the backyard for thirty minutes or so?”
I am so tired of the people I look up to turning out to be jerks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5254
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

June has one foot on the pillow, one wedged sideways between the bed and the wall, her tail flopped paralell to jacken's legs, and the rest of her overtop jacken's back and off the side of the bed with her muzzle upsidedown against the floor. still appearing to be snoozing with a contented expression on her face.

She's not actually asleep. she doesn't sleep. she's just doing this cause everyone else was sleeping and she felt left out.

- - - - -

Kol, as usual, is refusing to get out of bed, wanting another four hours...
June wrote:"I don't think I've tried board games. are they tasty?"
Characters

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana, as usual, had simply sat in a chair in her own room for her sleep, and despite the tiring day before awoke pretty early all things considered. She didn't really know what to do for the day, the movie night thing not being a hobby she could just do whenever, and hoped Kolt could point her in some sort of direction in the coming day. She alongside her second shell exited her room in search of orders or distraction.

User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: The same planet as the radioactive hampsters from a planet near mars

Re: Non-HPU: Bacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:
furrygamer793 wrote:"No, I'm good, I have some in my apartment." Brad replied before he left the room with Ken, walking back to his apartment
Brad would also receive the same wake up call as Hawk, as the two both are starting training today. "Good morning, Champions!" the wake-up call said. "It is currently 8:00 am. This is the wake up call and reminder to all Champions who have arranged to start training today. Please report to the training facilities on floor B1 to begin your training by 9."
Brad was already awake, he had been awake since 7:27 planning out strategies for the fight along with having tried to give Ken a bath, simply put that ended up with Ken turning into a Jacob's Ladder. When the wake up call came on, Brad grabbed a mango and took Ken outside, "Ken, motorcycle." Brad said, Ken obeyed and Brad sat down, eating his mango, and Ken started driving towards where they needed to go

~~~~~~~~~

Nat opened his door looking extremely tired "You call 8 o'clock morning! Your kind is weird, us Zevians call eleven early morning, not to mention you didn't even bother to tell me Earth morning so I woke up at five thirty, FIVE THIRTY! That's two and a half hours wasted because you just assumed we have the same morning!" Nat took three deep breaths and continued, "I'm sorry, I should have asked myself, but now I'm waay too tired to think straight. Anyways, what did you want?"
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.

User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

As soon as Sana had removed herself from him, Denver quietly decided whether or not he should get up. The lick on the cheek decided for him that waiting a few seconds hadn't been the worst idea. Once she'd moved away, he did his best impression of having just woken up from a night of restful sleep, complete with a large yawn, extra stretching and absentminded scratch at his jaw. "Good morning to you too," he said, standing up and following Sana over to her computer. He planted a return lick squarely on the top of her head before replacing it with his chin. "Work calling?"
------
Colorado woke up to zero feeling in his arm other than the feeling of pressure on it. Shifting slightly to get the blood flowing again and without opening his eyes, he opened his mouth, "Ready to start the day?" He asked in a manner that hopefully carried with it the idea of staying asleep.
------
Chris woke up back in his room at the hotel, memories of a fantastic movie night still freshly buzzing around in his head. He stayed still in his bed, contemplating the idea of sharing control over his own body with another and wondering how he'd make that work. With a sigh and a groan he brushed the thoughts from his mind and set about getting up and ready for the day.
------
Ulrich, having disappeared back to his room after yesterday's events, had gotten up earlier in the night to spend a couple hours vid-chatting with his family. Fully updated on what was happening in his family's life, he'd signed off with a 'Jeg elsker deg,' and a couple goodbyes to grandchildren in languages he didn't really speak and now he was ready to get started with the day.

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp was, of course, awake in his room and had been organising the few things he still had to organise - mostly some of his former security teams who were looking for things to do so he'd set them in teams to look around this place and gather local knowledge without bothering the Hives. Time had come, though, for him to put the Helmet on the bed and venture out to the shower. He wrapped a towel around his waist, leaving most of his upper frame visible (with it's several scars) and hoped it was still early enough that the others weren't up yet. So wishing, he left his room.
---------------
Jaken thought of something to amuse himself but decided not to take his life in his paws yet. "You awake, June," he asked the nearest foot.
--------------
Sana looked up at Denver. "Yeah," she sighed. "Apparently Agent Miles talked someone into defecting from the bad guys yesterday by telling him IOC might have an opening. I'm to go offer the guy an interview. I'm not quite sure when she thought she became my senior but..." She gestured a mock strangling motion, "I'm here and she isn't."
-------------
Cherry sighed and breathed in his scent. "Twenty minutes," she asked hopefully, enjoying the snuggling. She didn't know he'd had the idea not to open his eyes and, as she hadn't opened hers, didn't know he couldn't see her smile as she added "perhaps a half hour?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3625
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika was already up and was making a light breakfast for herself when the call came in. She answered it by sending a short message back: Good timing, I had just finished the 'ammunition' earlier this morning. I'll be at the Armoury shortly.

After finishing her breakfast and putting on some clothes she checked on Jaken and June, seemingly still sleeping in Jaken's room, then headed down to the Armoury.
Naturally, Hivemind was already in the Armory, waiting for her. "Thank you for coming, Rika." He said, gesturing for her to follow him. He walked over into a section of the armory which a sign on the wall declared to be reserved for "Special Orders." Hivemind started by pulling a small gun with a wide barrel off of the wall and handing it to Rika. "Grenade launcher, designed specifically to work with your capsules and the ammunition you designed. Can be wielded in one hand or two, and has an effective range of two kilometers." He explained.

------------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:Eventually, movement could be heard from inside Traci's room, and after a few seconds the Feline herself appeared from behind the door. "Ah! Good morning Recon! I'm glad you're up!" She greeted happily. "I was hoping we could chat some more before we do.. Whatever it is we're doing today!" She added, starting to do some limbering stretches.
Recon perked up and smiled brightly. "Sure! I'd love to chat! I don't actually know if we're going to be doing anything today." Recon said. "We're kinda on call. Hive'll call us if he needs us, but if he doesn't call us then we can just do whatever."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Genevive sighed into a Coffee. She'd had something of a night corralling Corvis after he'd gone stalking a 'ghost' in the early hours and then she'd had to convince him that ghosts didn't exist and weeren't wandering the place, to which Corvis replied that the guide plainly siad they DID and had their own place whilst she tried to get him to keep his voice down so he didn't wake his brother. Eventually she'd managed it but, judging by the raised voices coming from their bedroom, Golten was awake and had heard the story and... yup," she thought, seeing one naked Cub and one fully dressed with trousers, shirt and... tye? come hurtling towards her, the peace was nice whilst it lasted.
The cubs were about to either get a lot more excited or a lot more distracted as the doorbell rang. On the porch stood two large wolf-like people the whole family would immediately recognize. It seems The Lycan and Eira decided to drop in and meet with the Celicans in the morning.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva kissed Dan awake.
Whenever Keeva and Dan decide to get up, they would see that a message had been left on their comm machine. It was from Predator.

"Keeva. Dan. If you would still like to see the exterior of the ship, my offer to fly you around and show you still stands. I will be in Hanger P-7742. The portal door code is 1409542."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle opened the door to be seen wearing light combat fatigues. She gave him a smile. "Y'comin' in, Gear," she asked, standing aside to let the veteran in. "Almost ready," she said as the door closed. Then, once in private, she gave him a small lick on the cheek.
"Ah!" Gear laughed. "Ya sneaky little-" he started before interrupting himself by sneaking a kiss to the top of her muzzle. He beamed at her. "How was yer night, Hannabelle? Sleep well?"

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Messalca trudged up the 'cockamamie' road to the 'cockamamie' mountain, wondering why she'd forgotten breakfast this morning. It wasn't going to help her mood, she figured as she closed in on the meeting place.
When the sheriff got there, Hivemind immediately gave her the rundown of what he had discovered. "There's a massive cavern inside of the Twm. The hill is effectively a giant geode with more empty space than rock and dirt." Hivemind started. "All of the cavern walls are coated in crystals that emit radiation ranging from harmless to lethal. Stepping inside of the main chamber would irradiate most people to death. We don't know how many animals have been given powers by this thing, but there were a lot of small skeletons in the main chamber from those that weren't so lucky. Obviously, we can't let anyone access the caves again. The problem we face is we can't just seal all of the entrances. Even if we knew where they all were. The central chamber is so big, it's made the entire hill unstable. If someone tried building something on top of it, it could cave in and send whatever was on top of it into a lethal pit of radioactive spikes." Hivemind explained before moving on to his solutions. "Now... there are two ways of dealing with this that I can think of. One is to fill in the entire cave. This will prevent entry and collapse, but still leaves dangerous materials in a place that could be strip-mined by people who are willing to do very bad things to get their hands on said dangerous materials. Not to mention more caves could open up and expose the crystals once more." He said, trying to stall before getting to the second solution.

------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Surprisingly, Hawk was already up when the communicator went off. He had been up since 6am doing some small workouts, mainly stretches and push-ups. "Ready to go?" Hawk's other side asked as Hawk finished off his breakfast and was putting some clothing on. Hawk nodded and made his way for the door, but told his Other Side that if they do end up sparring with someone to "Not hold back" which was followed by the Other Side promising it won't. With everything set, Hawk headed for floor B1.
furrygamer793 wrote:Brad was already awake, he had been awake since 7:27 planning out strategies for the fight along with having tried to give Ken a bath, simply put that ended up with Ken turning into a Jacob's Ladder. When the wake up call came on, Brad grabbed a mango and took Ken outside, "Ken, motorcycle." Brad said, Ken obeyed and Brad sat down, eating his mango, and Ken started driving towards where they needed to go
Hawk was the first to arrive, followed by Brad. Both of them would find themselves in the training room armory, with walls lined with versions of various weapons specially designed to work only in the hardlight training room. Soon after the two of them arrived, Hivemind stepped into the room. "Excellent. You're both here. Titan arrived about an hour ago. We might be able to start early, as a matter of fact." Hivemind nodded with approval, then turned and gestured to the weapon racks. "Your first fight has a theme. There is always someone stronger than you. You are allowed to take any weapon from here. There's blades, hammers, pistols, shotguns, ARs, DMRs, snipers, miniguns, missile launchers, railguns, you name it. Take anything you can carry, but for your information these weapons will only work in the training room. Take them out, and they become really fancy paperweights." Hivemind walked down one of the aisles and pointed to the door labeled "armor." "You can find armor, shields, and armor upgrades through these doors. Light, medium, heavy, EVA, energy shields, tower shields... You'll find anything in there. Again, it's only effective in the training room." Hivemind turned back and started walking towards the two. "Take what you want for your match, then come talk to me. We'll start when you're ready."

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Pretty everyone in Liz’ house got up around seven, so they were already up and ready by the time 8 o’clock rolled around. Lewis was sitting on the coach, still shopping to replace all the stuff he lost, while Liz herself had just finished some morning exercises, wearing some new shapeshifter work out clothes her son had apparently bought for her yesterday. She grabbed a cup of orange juice out of the fridge before heading over to the intercom by the back door. “Hivemind, is there anyone that needs to speak with me, or am I good to test out a theory in the backyard for thirty minutes or so?”
"Actually there were a couple people hoping to speak with you." Hivemind's voice responded through the intercom. "The collie brothers Conall and Cailean wanted to talk to you about something they learned during their... um... adventure yesterday. Sal-Hleel is looking for orders and having trouble understanding when I tell him he isn't on-duty. Varanian soldiers don't normally get any other life but fighting and training."

------------------------
furrygamer793 wrote:Nat opened his door looking extremely tired "You call 8 o'clock morning! Your kind is weird, us Zevians call eleven early morning, not to mention you didn't even bother to tell me Earth morning so I woke up at five thirty, FIVE THIRTY! That's two and a half hours wasted because you just assumed we have the same morning!" Nat took three deep breaths and continued, "I'm sorry, I should have asked myself, but now I'm waay too tired to think straight. Anyways, what did you want?"
Hivemind was confused, but remained calm. "I'm simply checking in on you to see how you are doing. That's what I do with everyone new to the Beacon. As for the time difference, I'm sorry. I didn't assume we have the same morning, but I can't change the time the sun comes up for everyone just to accommodate one person."

------------------------
Deske wrote:Chris woke up back in his room at the hotel, memories of a fantastic movie night still freshly buzzing around in his head. He stayed still in his bed, contemplating the idea of sharing control over his own body with another and wondering how he'd make that work. With a sigh and a groan he brushed the thoughts from his mind and set about getting up and ready for the day.
MT remained in sleep mode at his charging station in the garage. He had managed to watch some of the movie last night by sticking his head through a window, and was currently playing it over again in his mind. It was something like a dream for robots, but more controlled. He decided not to set a timer when he went to sleep, figuring Chris would wake him if he was needed.

He didn't know just how soon that was going to be.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny had been awake for a little while, scanning the Celican news channels after sending Sana a message to go meet John and get him an appointment with the IOC's Celica branch. Mostly she was looking for the fallout of yesterday - officially, at least - and how the people were coping. There seemed to be respect for the interim leader, Harkavan Jontal, who'd been on a trade mission to the Canine homeworld so hadn't been wiped out even slightly by events. She turned the system off. Perhaps she'd better go get breakfast or something? Having showered about an hour back, she proceeded to dress and stepped out of her room. She sniffed the air. Something was... off to her. Something pricking at her senses. "Can't I even have coffee first," she asked the universe. "Perhaps a croissant?"
Buster wrote:Kol, as usual, is refusing to get out of bed, wanting another four hours...
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana, as usual, had simply sat in a chair in her own room for her sleep, and despite the tiring day before awoke pretty early all things considered. She didn't really know what to do for the day, the movie night thing not being a hobby she could just do whenever, and hoped Kolt could point her in some sort of direction in the coming day. She alongside her second shell exited her room in search of orders or distraction.
Deske wrote:Ulrich, having disappeared back to his room after yesterday's events, had gotten up earlier in the night to spend a couple hours vid-chatting with his family. Fully updated on what was happening in his family's life, he'd signed off with a 'Jeg elsker deg,' and a couple goodbyes to grandchildren in languages he didn't really speak and now he was ready to get started with the day.
Legotron123 wrote:Waking up with a loud yawn, Kolt got out of bed with a smile on his face. Diligitus kept his promise, and he’d gotten to see Alya and Lila in his dreams last night. The memories were vague, but that didn’t affect the warm and fuzzy feeling he had. Still, as he made sure Quint’s container was still resting on the nightstand, he couldn’t help but feel something was off. He couldn’t figure out what it was though, so he decided it could wait until after he’d taken a shower.
This time, the portal didn't close until something emerged from within. It was an incorporeal creature carrying some sort of device with him, which he hid in a nearby bush. Immediately afterwards, the creature made a beeline for Kolt's window the moment his back was turned. It flung itself through the window, aiming straight for Kolt's head, before quite literally flying into him. It's ethereal tail stuck out of the back of Kolt's head like a ponytail. The veins in Kolt's eyes doubled in size as the creature started taking over the champion's body, forcing his mind into a metaphorical back seat.

He raised Kolt's hand to his face to look upon his solid body. He had done it. Ko Sah had finally done what he had failed to do before. He had his vengeance and his prize all in one. The Yah Rin grinned, then started laughing. "YES! HAHAHAHA! FINALLY!" Ko Sah started the process of digging through Kolt's memories. He made sure to make the process as painful as he possibly could, taking delight in his enemy's torment. He reached for Kolt's watch in the meantime, about to activate his famous armor.

Then he stopped. Ko Sah frowned and snarled. He grabbed the watch and pulled it off, throwing it aside and abandoning the armor. "Hmph... Figures..."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2104
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk nodded and headed for the weapons rack. "What's the meal plan for today and how are we dressing?" His Other Side asked with a noticeable chuckle in its voice as Hawk looked over the armaments and smirked. Though there were plenty of choices, Hivemind's words of 'stronger than you' stuck with him and he knew he not only needed something powerful, but he needed to be faster then the opposition. After looking over the gear presented to him, he found his choices and told the Other Side with a smile "Light snack followed by an appetizer before the main course, which we'll dress casually for." For the 'light snack', he went and grabbed two small blades and, after flipping them about, sheathed them and hooked them both to his lower backside. For the 'appetizer', he grabbed two pistols, each chambered for .45ACP and sporting 15-round magazines, and placed them in his shoulder rigs, then drew them a couple times to test his speed with them, along with reloading them by placing an empty magazine against his skin and letting The Other Side recreate the ammo, before placing them back in the rig. As for the 'main course', he went with an automatic rifle but placed a dual-rig scope on it (a 4x scope and a canted sight). He then tested out the handling, followed by a quick ammo check before heading for the armor room. Inside, while he was thinking about a heavier shield, he instead went with light armor as he knew both 'speed' and 'agility' was going to be key. With his gear chosen (sans any extra ammo), he headed back out and told Hivemind "We're ready," referring to himself and the Other Side.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14051
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

For the first time in a long time the brothers sleep peacefully.

~~~~~~~~
The next morning Cailean rolls over groggily but his eyes snap open and he jumps backwards as his nose touches another cold, wet olfactory appendage. He tangles in the sheets and crashes to the floor, knocking his energy pistol off the nightstand, having completely forgotten that Sarah had shared his bed the previous night. Grabbing the gun he unsuccessfully fiddles with the safety catch as he attempts to kick his legs free of the ensnaring sheet even as he cranes his neck from the floor to see who or what was in bed with him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3926
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

When Kolt walked into the bathroom, he was about to take off his clothes to get in the shower, when he felt something strange touch the back of his head before losing all feeling throughout his body. That alone was enough to cause him considerable distress, which only got worse when he realized the cause. No no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! He panicked, now trapped inside his own head.

“Give me a few minutes to change my clothes and I’ll head over to the boys place. In the mean time, tell Sah-Hleel to focus on memorizing where all the important services and utilities are until I get there.” Liz said, before turning around to find Corp had walked into the hallway with nothing but a towel. “Ah, there you are Corp. A few people have requested to see me, so I’m going to change out of my workout gear and head out. You’re free to join me if you’d like, but I recommend putting on a few more layers if you wish to do so.” She said before walking past him, seeming rather nonplussed by his state of undress.
I am so tired of the people I look up to turning out to be jerks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

Having already showered and gotten dressed before his vid-call, Ulrich stepped out of his room, shutting the door behind. He took a deep breath, mostly to steady his mind; he felt pretty bad about practically ditching his team yesterday, so he figured he'd go apologize to them. He mapped out his route in his head starting with Kolt, he'd gotten the feeling that the fox didn't like him and he wanted to at least figure out if there was any way that they could be friends. Route planned, he set of to find his teammates.

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah, wearing light pyjamas as last night had solely been about providing reassurance, chuckled at Cailean's reaction to waking up next to her. "You a'reet*, Cailean," she asked.
-----------------------
Corp stopped, making sure to hold the towel in place as the Captain spoke to him. He fought the need to give her a quick salute as that might be embarrassing. "Give me five minutes and I'll be with you, Captain," he announced, quickly heading in but leaving the door open to catch her response.
----------------------
The feeling wasn't going away completely as Jenny heard the unfamiliar sound of laughter coming from Kolt's room. "Proves he's up," she told herself before knocking on the door. "You ready for breakfast, Kolt?"
---------------------
"Door!"
"Golten, no," Jenevive called as the furclad cub ran to open the door. His mother thumbed to his room as he skidded to a stop. "Go get some shorts on!"
The older cub trudged back to his room to dress as Corvis, fully overdressed for a Celican, walked past, handpaws behind his back and stuck his tongue out before answering the door. "Good morning, can I...uh..?" he looked up (and up) at the Lycan as Jenevive came over to rescue her brain stunned son. "Would you like to come in," she asked, moving Corvis aside like a small door. "This is Corvis. Golten's getting something on. It's him I think you need to speak to?" Despite only having made out one word in three, Corvis still had the where-with-all to look affronted at the idea a hero of his was here to talk... to his brother.
------------------
Hannabelle inclined her head slightly. "Less disturbing dreams than usual," she admitted, "can't think why."

((*You all right))
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5254
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken thought of something to amuse himself but decided not to take his life in his paws yet. "You awake, June," he asked the nearest foot.
"Yup!" she chirps, popping up the moment rika left the doorframe. currently back in the light dress she'd been wearing before getting suited up the previous day. her suit compacted down into a watch, a ring on which is blinking, but she doesn't know why so she's ignoring it.

-----

Kol snores, her alarm clock in pieces.
June wrote:"I don't think I've tried board games. are they tasty?"
Characters

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14051
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah, wearing light pyjamas as last night had solely been about providing reassurance, chuckled at Cailean's reaction to waking up next to her. "You a'reet*, Cailean," she asked.
The border collie lets out a sigh and carefully replaces the gun on the stand. "Aye. Ah'm sorry, hen. Ah fergot ye were there. An' bein' captured, it changes ye. Ah didnae even think when Ah woke wi' ye in mah face. It was dangerous tae sleep when we were prisoners..." Shaking out the sheet, he replaces it on the bed and then crawls underneath, snuggling up to the rough collie again.
"Anywye, are ye okay? Haow did ye sleep?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"No' so bad," Sarah agreed, letting him add his body warmth to hers before putting a hand up onto his shoulder. "Check'd on Conall few times but 'e seems ta be kippin' bet'r too." She gave a small smile. "'Course, last time he were fakin' bein' 'sleep. You's been bet'r t'night too," she said before giving him a soft kiss.
----------------
"Figures," Jaken said, pulling himself up into a sitting position. "Wonder what we're gonna be doing today? Ever been climbing?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
~\Rook/~
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Location: England, UK

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:Naturally, Hivemind was already in the Armory, waiting for her. "Thank you for coming, Rika." He said, gesturing for her to follow him. He walked over into a section of the armory which a sign on the wall declared to be reserved for "Special Orders." Hivemind started by pulling a small gun with a wide barrel off of the wall and handing it to Rika. "Grenade launcher, designed specifically to work with your capsules and the ammunition you designed. Can be wielded in one hand or two, and has an effective range of two kilometers." He explained.
Rika took the weapon from Hive with a thankful nod then proceeded to examine it as the droid explained it's features. "Very Good. I honestly didn't think of using my capsules as ammunition for this, that's the reason I made the other ammunition type. I'm glad you had the forethought for adding that in.." She replied, smiling. "..So, how about the other weapon?" She added, looking over the wall as she stuffed the launcher into the bag she brought with her.

------
CyberDragon wrote:Recon perked up and smiled brightly. "Sure! I'd love to chat! I don't actually know if we're going to be doing anything today." Recon said. "We're kinda on call. Hive'll call us if he needs us, but if he doesn't call us then we can just do whatever."
"Hm, that's good then, more time for us to chat!" Traci replied happily. At that moment, Kolt's laughter could be heard. Traci looked over and saw Jenny by his door. "Heh, someone's in a good mood I guess. Anyway, should we get some breakfast?" She asked, looking out to the food truck still parked in the parking lot.

------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva kissed Dan awake.
Dan begrudgingly woke up to his mate's affection, but he reciprocated her kiss and held her around the waist in an attempt to keep her there, not wanting either of them to get out of bed just yet.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14051
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"No' so bad," Sarah agreed, letting him add his body warmth to hers before putting a hand up onto his shoulder. "Check'd on Conall few times but 'e seems ta be kippin' bet'r too." She gave a small smile. "'Course, last time he were fakin' bein' 'sleep. You's been bet'r t'night too," she said before giving him a soft kiss.
"Aye," Cailean agrees, returning the kiss.
"It 'elps, kennin' mah family is okay." he says, rolling onto his back. "'An tha' they're not holdin' a grudge. Brings some peace o' mind, Ah guess. Well, Ah suppose we shuid get some breakfast. What dae ye think?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3625
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk nodded and headed for the weapons rack. "What's the meal plan for today and how are we dressing?" His Other Side asked with a noticeable chuckle in its voice as Hawk looked over the armaments and smirked. Though there were plenty of choices, Hivemind's words of 'stronger than you' stuck with him and he knew he not only needed something powerful, but he needed to be faster then the opposition. After looking over the gear presented to him, he found his choices and told the Other Side with a smile "Light snack followed by an appetizer before the main course, which we'll dress casually for." For the 'light snack', he went and grabbed two small blades and, after flipping them about, sheathed them and hooked them both to his lower backside. For the 'appetizer', he grabbed two pistols, each chambered for .45ACP and sporting 15-round magazines, and placed them in his shoulder rigs, then drew them a couple times to test his speed with them, along with reloading them by placing an empty magazine against his skin and letting The Other Side recreate the ammo, before placing them back in the rig. As for the 'main course', he went with an automatic rifle but placed a dual-rig scope on it (a 4x scope and a canted sight). He then tested out the handling, followed by a quick ammo check before heading for the armor room. Inside, while he was thinking about a heavier shield, he instead went with light armor as he knew both 'speed' and 'agility' was going to be key. With his gear chosen (sans any extra ammo), he headed back out and told Hivemind "We're ready," referring to himself and the Other Side.
Once Hawk and Brad confirmed that they were ready to start the training, Hivemind nodded and opened the door to the arena. The room was currently a white grid, a simple box with four walls, a floor, and a ceiling. In the center, a humanoid form sat on the ground. Getting closer to it, the two would notice the person was clad in a full suit of thick, heavy armor. Titan sat on the floor in a meditative position. They did not move or look up when Hawk and Brad entered the room.

Titan was absolutely massive. Even sitting down, they were taller than Hawk. Their face was obscured by a full helmet. Hivemind's voice sounded on the intercom. "Titan, your limiter is currently at it's highest setting. Still though, try not to kill them please. Hawk, Brad, I want you both to go all out, as much as the limiters on this ship will allow. The match will begin in five... four... three... two... one... now."

The door shut, but Titan didn't move. It seems they're waiting for their opponent to make the first move.

----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Door!"
"Golten, no," Jenevive called as the furclad cub ran to open the door. His mother thumbed to his room as he skidded to a stop. "Go get some shorts on!"
The older cub trudged back to his room to dress as Corvis, fully overdressed for a Celican, walked past, handpaws behind his back and stuck his tongue out before answering the door. "Good morning, can I...uh..?" he looked up (and up) at the Lycan as Jenevive came over to rescue her brain stunned son. "Would you like to come in," she asked, moving Corvis aside like a small door. "This is Corvis. Golten's getting something on. It's him I think you need to speak to?" Despite only having made out one word in three, Corvis still had the where-with-all to look affronted at the idea a hero of his was here to talk... to his brother.
"Well..." Randy started, noticing the look on Corvis's face. "We do need to talk to him, but we're really here for all of you. We're free today and we're the only available members of the team that brought you here, so we're here to check on all of you." He said, being rather diplomatic. "If you're willing, we can show you around today."

Eira shook her head. "Correction. He will be showing you around if you want. I have training to get to, so I have to head out early. I've got a tournament to win today!" she said, flashing a sharp grin in anticipation.

"Oh! Right! That's today." The Lycan said, rubbing his chin. "There's a superhuman fighting tournament today." he explained. "If you have any interest in seeing, we could go there later."

----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle inclined her head slightly. "Less disturbing dreams than usual," she admitted, "can't think why."
"Hmm..." Gear reaches an arm around Hannabelle and gently pulls her into a one armed hug. "Same fer me. I on occasion just shut off my dreamin'." He said. "Helps keep rested, but I do miss the better dreams sometimes."

----------------------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika took the weapon from Hive with a thankful nod then proceeded to examine it as the droid explained it's features. "Very Good. I honestly didn't think of using my capsules as ammunition for this, that's the reason I made the other ammunition type. I'm glad you had the forethought for adding that in.." She replied, smiling. "..So, how about the other weapon?" She added, looking over the wall as she stuffed the launcher into the bag she brought with her.
Hivemind nodded and pulled another weapon off of the shelf. It looked like a revolver with a large ten piece clear plastic ammunition canister filled with syringes. He held it out to Rika by the barrel, keeping the handle out towards her. "Syringe pistol. Ten shots per magazine with a holographic sight and a tri-laser targeting system for better hip-fire accuracy."

----------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:When Kolt walked into the bathroom, he was about to take off his clothes to get in the shower, when he felt something strange touch the back of his head before losing all feeling throughout his body. That alone was enough to cause him considerable distress, which only got worse when he realized the cause. No no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! He panicked, now trapped inside his own head.
Ko Sah could feel Kolt start to panic. He could feel the slow, dawning realization in his old foe's thoughts of what had just happened to him, and he took great delight in feeling that sense of torment. That's right, Concertian. He thought, communicating directly with Kolt. It's me, Ko Sah. I am so glad you remember me. Glad that you remember what you did to me. Glad that you, clearly, know what I am going to do with you. It makes my revenge all the sweeter to see you suffer before the pain even truly begins. He laughed once more. "You don't have any slug freak in your brain to save you this time, hero. I am finally going home, and I am taking you with me. I will make you suffer as I did."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The feeling wasn't going away completely as Jenny heard the unfamiliar sound of laughter coming from Kolt's room. "Proves he's up," she told herself before knocking on the door. "You ready for breakfast, Kolt?"
Ko Sah was just about to activate the portal generator when Jenny knocked on the door. He could see her through the window. Fishing through Kolt's memories, he figured out who she was and what she meant to Kolt. He knew he had already won, but if he could make his old enemy suffer through hurting her, he would gladly stay just a bit longer to have his fun.

Ko Sah raised Kolt's hand toward the door and shot a telekinetic blast at it. The door exploded outward, sending Jenny flying backwards. Ko Sah swaggered out of the room, laughing madly. "Aaahh, so sorry!" His voice was a duality. Part of it was lively, but sinister. Sadistic. It took great delight in observing the damage it had caused. It wasn't Kolt's voice, but was rather unfamiliar. The other side of the voice was indeed Kolt's, but it was hallow. Empty. There was no emotion or life to be found. "But I believe, at the risk of sounding cliché, that Kolt isn't here right now." Ko Sah grinned, flashing Kolt's teeth sinisterly.

----------------------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:"Hm, that's good then, more time for us to chat!" Traci replied happily. At that moment, Kolt's laughter could be heard. Traci looked over and saw Jenny by his door. "Heh, someone's in a good mood I guess. Anyway, should we get some breakfast?" She asked, looking out to the food truck still parked in the parking lot.
Recon was about to answer when Kolt's door exploded. "What?! What was that! Jenny!" She shouted, confused. Then, when Not-Kolt made his appearance, Recon's expression changed immediately. "The chat will have to wait. It's time to get to work."

----------------------------------

Gadgeteer had just ordered a steak nearly the size of a full grown Celican and had his jaw unhinged, ready to eat when the door exploded. Grumbling something about the stupidity of interrupting a Varanian's meal, he snapped his jaws shut again, put the steak on the picnic table he was sitting at, and started running over to the hotel.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Obviously, after concussion, pain and confusion, the first thought through Jenny's mind was to be thankful they weren't up on the first floor as she landed. Rivulets of blood began to drip from where the shards had pierced the skin, including on her cheek and legs, but she ignored that for the moment to face down this... whatever. She put her best glare into use, looked as though she was about to start speaking and fired a concussive blast right back at him instead. "Sod the dialogue," she said, pulling herself upright..
--------------
"Of course,|" Jenevive allowed, "we'd be honoured, wouldn't we, Corvis?" She nudged her youngest.
"I like violence" Corvis said, his brain getting, more-or-less back on track. He looked down at his chest. "'Cept when it gets on my shirt."
"They got stronger detergunts...washing powder here, cloth brain," Golten chided, coming back out in a pair of blue shorts and sandals, pretending to be more confident than he was. "I'd, er, usually know you were coming, uh, s-sir," he added, talking to the Lycan whilst flashing his mother a 'look'.
-------------
"That's cheating," Keeva told Dan as she didn't resist even slightly. "Using two arms like that." She smiled and kissed him whilst purring.
-------------
Corp was back out in five, as he'd said, having taken but a minute to shower and four to get dressed.
-------------
"S'pose we'd bett'r, aye," Sarah agreed, wishing they didn't have to. "Still gotta see Captain. Wha's tha' Scottie breakfast," she added smartly, "paw ridge or summat?"
-------------
"Yeah," Hannabelle reckoned, "it's what sets us apart from the bad guys." She made Coffee after enjoying the contact for a moment.
-------------
"So," Sana asked, "you wanting breakfast or summat? I got time."
-------------
After a while, Cherry put her head back on the pillow next to Colorado's. "Twenty minutes passes quickly," she sighed.
-------------
Messalca stared levelly at the Hivebot as the wind started to pick up around the woods. "You're planning on blowing up my Mountain, aren't you?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

Ulrich was taking the elevator down to the floor Kolt's room was situated on when the door exploded and once the elevator had stopped on the floor he broke into a run towards the room, stopping just before he was in front of the window. He slipped his gauntlets on his hands, Jenny! What is going on here?"
------
"Sure, whatcha got," Denver asked, heading towards the kitchen, "I make a pretty good pancake."
------
"Mmph," Colorado groaned in reply, "Too fast. Do we need to do anything today?"
------
Chris finished up by pulling a shirt on and heading to the garage, he gave a couple of tired knocks on the door, "It's the police, open up."

User avatar
~\Rook/~
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Location: England, UK

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind nodded and pulled another weapon off of the shelf. It looked like a revolver with a large ten piece clear plastic ammunition canister filled with syringes. He held it out to Rika by the barrel, keeping the handle out towards her. "Syringe pistol. Ten shots per magazine with a holographic sight and a tri-laser targeting system for better hip-fire accuracy."
Rika took hold of the weapon, keeping her fingers away from the trigger even though she knew it wouldn't be able to fire anyway. She examined it for a couple seconds before looking to the Hive bot. "I've not used a pistol like this before, interesting design choice. How do you -" She stopped as she accidentally flicked a catch on the left side of the handle which made the barrel and canister fold downward away from the handle. "- Oh! Nevermind.." She said flatly. She picked out the now exposed canister and placed it on a nearby table before taking the barrel and folding it back up, joining back with the handle with a click. "..Very interesting." Putting the pistol into her bag just as she did the launcher, she then picked the canister back up and looked it over. "Alright. Do you have more of these? I'll need the syringes as well, I'm.. surprisingly low on them." She finished, smiling lightly at the droid.

------
CyberDragon wrote:Recon was about to answer when Kolt's door exploded. "What?! What was that! Jenny!" She shouted, confused. Then, when Not-Kolt made his appearance, Recon's expression changed immediately. "The chat will have to wait. It's time to get to work."
Traci jumped at the explosion, visibly shaken, but was in a readied fighting stance. "Oh dear.." She sighed.

------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That's cheating," Keeva told Dan as she didn't resist even slightly. "Using two arms like that." She smiled and kissed him whilst purring.
Dan just chuckled and hugged her a little tighter. "So sue me." He replied jokingly.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3926
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

As soon as the door exploded in Jenny’s face, it was like a switch was flipped in Kolt’s head. All the fear and panic he felt was turned into pure rage as his tone went cold. I don’t know how I’m going to do it, but I’m going to make you regret every last moment of this. He thought at Ko Sah, making it sound more like he was simply stating a fact rather than threatening the body snatcher.

Liz took a little bit longer than Corp to get ready, namely because she spent two more minutes in the shower after all the exercise she’d done that morning. Once she was ready, she quickly joined up with her friend and headed outside, Lewis following behind her. Standing out on the lawn, she looked up at the sky above her. “Which way to the Lamont’s place?” She asked the open air, knowing Hivemind would probably have one of his drones pop up out of nowhere to answer her.
I am so tired of the people I look up to turning out to be jerks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14051
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"S'pose we'd bett'r, aye," Sarah agreed, wishing they didn't have to. "Still gotta see Captain. Wha's tha' Scottie breakfast," she added smartly, "paw ridge or summat?"
"Porridge, an' a better breakfast ye'll nae find, especially when Miss Figgis makes it wi' her spurtle!" Cailean answers proudly.
"Samuel Johnson was just jealous yer English wheat couldnae measure up tae oor Scottish oats." he adds, referring to the influential Englishman who wrote an infamous dictionary in the eighteenth century, describing oats thus: "A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5254
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

the thing about explosions is they're noisy, and hard to mistake. they're also good at waking people up, that don't want to be up.

also, gyprock and wooden two by fours aren't that good at resisting grumpy lizardcat berzerkers it seems, as Kol charges the noisy thing that woke her through the wall not yet realizing it's kolt.
June wrote:"I don't think I've tried board games. are they tasty?"
Characters

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Saffy was already awake - in fact she'd not exactly slept much during the night and had taken to wandering a little, thinking on new responsibilities and curses. She was currently thinking it was more of a curse as she heard rapid fire bangs and crashes and headed to see what was going on - whilst being totally sure she should stay away from it.
-----------------------
"Well," Cherry started, putting her arms around Colorado's neck, "we need to get him those medical files and such but that's nothing that can't wait. It's not like the Captain's knocking on the door right now." So saying, and realizing the curse she'd just put on them, she listened for the door knock. "You had a long day yesterday. You all did. Wonder if they're awake yet?"
----------------------
""Not sure I got any batter," Sana replied. "Got cereal though, what with being a desert type."
---------------------
"So youse say," Sarah said, kissing him again before slipping out of the bed and going to check on Conall. She gently shook him to wake him (knowing he was probably faking sleep anyhow) and signed Ready for breakfast, hen, before poking her tongue out at him following her little 'gag'.
--------------------
"I'd lose the case," Keeva said, laying back on her side. "Back in a mo'," she added. "Need the loo." She got out of their bed and headed out for a moment, returning with the message from Predator that she relayed toDan when she got back in beside him. "So what was up last night," she asked him, entirely unaware of any double meaning.
-------------------
"Kolt's possessed," Jenny said simply, thinking that, two weeks ago, that wouldn't have been words she'd ever connect together. She pointed to the sideboard and Quint's container. "Recon, get that container safe, quick!"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana heard the crash of the door and concussive followup, and was intrigued at the early hour chaos. She flew to Jenny's position and landed in time to hear of Kolt's bodily hijacking. "Can you beat the possession out of someone? I can hold him down and let you do the honors."

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2104
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk stared down the threat before him, his breathing still as steady as it was when he arrived. "Heavy armor," Hawk thought to the Other Side, "Small chance of an opening at the neck but it'd be better to go for the back of the legs, disable it, then go for the finisher."
"Agreed," The Other Side thought back before adding, "I think I may know what you got planned..." Hawk nodded before thinking "Omoară carnea, cheamă fiara?" The Other Side, in his head, chuckled and said in his head "Omoară carnea, cheamă fiara." And so, with a smirk, Hawk quite suddenly turned around and slowly turned around and started to walk off...before whipping around and, with the two pistols drawn, opened fire on the Titan, the Other Side saying in his head "Just say the word then, I'm ready."


*Omoară carnea, cheamă fiara = Kill the Meat, Call the Beast
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14051
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So youse say," Sarah said, kissing him again before slipping out of the bed and going to check on Conall. She gently shook him to wake him (knowing he was probably faking sleep anyhow) and signed Ready for breakfast, hen, before poking her tongue out at him following her little 'gag'.
Once Sarah is gone, Cailean dresses himself and heads for the kitchen. Rolling up his sleeves, he sets a heavy pot on the stove to boil and then sprinkles in enough oats to serve three dogs. In the absence of a spurtle he turns a wooden spoon upside down and stirs the porridge with the handle, making sure to use his right paw in a clockwise direction as is traditionally done to avoid summoning the Devil.

Conall yawns widely before replying.
"Just aboot. Ah'll just dress first." he answers in sign, staying in bed and not pulling back the covers.
"If ye'll excuse me. Ah dinnae want tae put on a show for ye."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

Ulrich turned to look into the room through the, now missing, door. "He's-" he started before he was cut off by another loud crash as Kol burst through the wall straight into the Concertian. Ulrich reached out a hand towards to Jenny, "Good start to the day, no?" He said with a sigh.
------
"Wasn't that long. Fun lasted less than a full day for instance." Colorado rolled away from his love and, swinging his feet off the side of bed, stood up. "Medical files, schooling, Captains probably gonna come knocking any second now," he glanced towards the bedroom door, waiting for the sound of a knock from the front door, "Sounds like a pretty easy list. Hopefully for an easy day."
------
"Cereals fine too. What kind ya got," Denver says, heading for the pantry.

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3625
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course,|" Jenevive allowed, "we'd be honoured, wouldn't we, Corvis?" She nudged her youngest.
"I like violence" Corvis said, his brain getting, more-or-less back on track. He looked down at his chest. "'Cept when it gets on my shirt."
"They got stronger detergunts...washing powder here, cloth brain," Golten chided, coming back out in a pair of blue shorts and sandals, pretending to be more confident than he was. "I'd, er, usually know you were coming, uh, s-sir," he added, talking to the Lycan whilst flashing his mother a 'look'.
Eira burst out laughing with what Corvis said, just from how direct and blunt it was. "Kid, I think you're going to enjoy the tournament. Super fights have rules to keep fighters from getting too badly hurt, but they can get pretty brutal at times. Just makes it more fun."

Randy smiled sympathetically at Golten. "I've heard. Golten, I'm going to get to the point on this... The reason you haven't been able to see things as well is because Hivemind is blocking your power of clairvoyance. To understand why though, how would you feel if, say, your mother had the ability to see where you were and what you were doing at all times?"

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah," Hannabelle reckoned, "it's what sets us apart from the bad guys." She made Coffee after enjoying the contact for a moment.
When the coffee was done, Gear asked for a cup. He reached down and opened up his abdomen compartment, pulling out a metal and glass canister filled about three quarters full of some kind of clear greenish viscous substance. He popped the top off and poured the cup of coffee inside before replacing the canister and closing the service panel. "'Preciate it if ya didn' tell Hivemind or my doctor. Strictly speakin' I'm not supposed to add anythin' to the canister 'cept the nutrient mix," he said. "Anyway, word among the founders is The Lycan's gonna show yer family around the ship today. Thought I'd suggest we join 'em for a bit if ya want. Then there's a special somethin' goin' on later I'd like to treat ya to I think you'd like." He said, smiling.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Messalca stared levelly at the Hivebot as the wind started to pick up around the woods. "You're planning on blowing up my Mountain, aren't you?"
"What?! No! Nonononono, absolutely not. That would be like detonating a megaton dirty bomb in an inhabited area! I'm not going to blow up the mountain. The idea is... well..." Hivemind hesitated for a moment. "You know the old stereotype of aliens abducting things and replacing them with replicas? Well..." He didn't finish. He didn't really want to say it directly, and trusted that Messalca would know what he meant.

------------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika took hold of the weapon, keeping her fingers away from the trigger even though she knew it wouldn't be able to fire anyway. She examined it for a couple seconds before looking to the Hive bot. "I've not used a pistol like this before, interesting design choice. How do you -" She stopped as she accidentally flicked a catch on the left side of the handle which made the barrel and canister fold downward away from the handle. "- Oh! Nevermind.." She said flatly. She picked out the now exposed canister and placed it on a nearby table before taking the barrel and folding it back up, joining back with the handle with a click. "..Very interesting." Putting the pistol into her bag just as she did the launcher, she then picked the canister back up and looked it over. "Alright. Do you have more of these? I'll need the syringes as well, I'm.. surprisingly low on them." She finished, smiling lightly at the droid.
"Indeed I do." Hivemind said, handing a few extra canisters and syringes. "Would you like to test the new equipment in the firing range?"

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Liz took a little bit longer than Corp to get ready, namely because she spent two more minutes in the shower after all the exercise she’d done that morning. Once she was ready, she quickly joined up with her friend and headed outside, Lewis following behind her. Standing out on the lawn, she looked up at the sky above her. “Which way to the Lamont’s place?” She asked the open air, knowing Hivemind would probably have one of his drones pop up out of nowhere to answer her.
Sure enough, now that she was in a public area, Hivemind could hear her. One of his drones walked up the sidewalk behind Corp, Liz, and Lewis. It tapped Liz on the shoulder and pointed a few doors down. "They live right over there." He said simply while at the same time proving how fast Hive response was.

------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Hawk stared down the threat before him, his breathing still as steady as it was when he arrived. "Heavy armor," Hawk thought to the Other Side, "Small chance of an opening at the neck but it'd be better to go for the back of the legs, disable it, then go for the finisher."
"Agreed," The Other Side thought back before adding, "I think I may know what you got planned..." Hawk nodded before thinking "Omoară carnea, cheamă fiara?" The Other Side, in his head, chuckled and said in his head "Omoară carnea, cheamă fiara." And so, with a smirk, Hawk quite suddenly turned around and slowly turned around and started to walk off...before whipping around and, with the two pistols drawn, opened fire on the Titan, the Other Side saying in his head "Just say the word then, I'm ready."


*Omoară carnea, cheamă fiara = Kill the Meat, Call the Beast
Titan simply sat there, continuing to meditate. The bullets and projectiles from the pistols simply bounced ineffectively off of Titan's armor, and the champion barely seemed to notice that the fight had even started.

------------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:Traci jumped at the explosion, visibly shaken, but was in a readied fighting stance. "Oh dear.." She sighed.
"Come on, Traci!" Recon called out, rushing to the scene.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Obviously, after concussion, pain and confusion, the first thought through Jenny's mind was to be thankful they weren't up on the first floor as she landed. Rivulets of blood began to drip from where the shards had pierced the skin, including on her cheek and legs, but she ignored that for the moment to face down this... whatever. She put her best glare into use, looked as though she was about to start speaking and fired a concussive blast right back at him instead. "Sod the dialogue," she said, pulling herself upright.
Deske wrote:Ulrich was taking the elevator down to the floor Kolt's room was situated on when the door exploded and once the elevator had stopped on the floor he broke into a run towards the room, stopping just before he was in front of the window. He slipped his gauntlets on his hands, Jenny! What is going on here?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Kolt's possessed," Jenny said simply, thinking that, two weeks ago, that wouldn't have been words she'd ever connect together. She pointed to the sideboard and Quint's container. "Recon, get that container safe, quick!"
Ko Sah waited for the pulse to nearly reach him before raising a shield and blocking the attack completely. He laughed at the attempt. "What's the matter, lab rat? I thought heroes loved their grand pompous speeches. Not even going to try to get me monologuing?" He formed a large hand in the air using Kolt's force fields. "Very well then, freak. Goodbye." Ko Sah flicked his finger, and the shield hand mimed the motion, flicking Jenny off the porch through the wooden railing.

"Traci, catch Jenny! I'll get the container!" Recon rushed forward. Ko Sah threw up a force field to block her, but Recon blinked through it in a flash of light. She blitzed over to Quint's container, grabbed it, and blinked out through the window before Ko Sah could react.
Legotron123 wrote:As soon as the door exploded in Jenny’s face, it was like a switch was flipped in Kolt’s head. All the fear and panic he felt was turned into pure rage as his tone went cold. I don’t know how I’m going to do it, but I’m going to make you regret every last moment of this. He thought at Ko Sah, making it sound more like he was simply stating a fact rather than threatening the body snatcher.
Ko Sah laughed at this. "It will be interesting to see you try, and quite enjoyable when you inevitably fail."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana heard the crash of the door and concussive followup, and was intrigued at the early hour chaos. She flew to Jenny's position and landed in time to hear of Kolt's bodily hijacking. "Can you beat the possession out of someone? I can hold him down and let you do the honors."
"You can certainly try." Ko Sah started. He held out one of Kolt's hands and started forming a shield fist which he intended to use to crush Tatiana in her shell. He opened the fist and reached for the liquiform, saying "I think you'll find-"
Buster wrote:the thing about explosions is they're noisy, and hard to mistake. they're also good at waking people up, that don't want to be up.

also, gyprock and wooden two by fours aren't that good at resisting grumpy lizardcat berzerkers it seems, as Kol charges the noisy thing that woke her through the wall not yet realizing it's kolt.
CRASH!

Ko Sah had hardly a moment to look at the source of the noise before Kol plowed straight into him. The shield fist going for Tatiana dissipated as the body snatcher was quite distracted at the moment. Ko Sah struggled with Kol on top of him for only a moment before using Kolt's telekinesis to lift her into the air. Ko Sah stood up, absolute fury in his eyes to accompany the already bulging veins. He thrust his hand to the ground and sent Kol crashing through the floor into the basement.
Deske wrote:Ulrich turned to look into the room through the, now missing, door. "He's-" he started before he was cut off by another loud crash as Kol burst through the wall straight into the Concertian. Ulrich reached out a hand towards to Jenny, "Good start to the day, no?" He said with a sigh.
Ko Sah stepped past the hole and started walking out of the room when he took notice of Ulrich standing in the doorway. "Stand aside you naive simpleton, or I shall remove you by force!"

------------------------
Deske wrote:Chris finished up by pulling a shirt on and heading to the garage, he gave a couple of tired knocks on the door, "It's the police, open up."
Chris's knocking wasn't what woke the war droid up. MT's eyes lit up and he stepped off of the charging station when an alarm went off in his head. It wasn't a timed alarm, rather it detects disturbances nearby. MT opened the door and saw Chris. The cockpit doors on MT's torso opened up. "Good morning, Chris. We should suit up, so to speak. There is trouble nearby. I will contact Hivemind on our way there."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Messalca grinned. "Is nicking my mountain any better? Oh," she added, "I can put two and two together, of course. Logically, there's only one way you could possibly know how this stuff works is by experiencing it and, as you were at the Hotel and, as Police Chief and Aunt, I know someone has a 'night-light..?" She waved. "Not like I'm telling anyone about her, y'know?"
----------------
That particular 'someone' was intercepted by her father before she could get out into the main hotel. She kind of figured he wasn't letting her go out that way as Rats flew backwards through banisters.
---------------
"You want breakfast," jaken asked June, heading to the machine to order Cereal with Marshminnows. He stared at the little, pink, fluffy things in the bowl. These weren't Celican Marshminnows... They didn't even move. Ah, well. Probably healthy.
--------------
"That'd be useful," Jenevive admitted, ruffling the Cub's headfur.
"It'd be like being prey," Golten grumped, pushing his mother's hand off.
"Cool," Corvis said, suddenly noticing Eira's arm. "Your arm smells like water," he said helpfully.
-------------
"Ah, I won't tell," Hannabelle said, "I like having secrets. Of course," she added, "the only secrets I like others having from me are ones where I'm not expected to end up dead. And I suppose I should learn the layout, eh?"
-------------
"Better get in the shower, then, yeah," Cherry asked, getting up and stretching before heading for the bathroom and running the shower.
------------
"Not really sure," Sana explained, "it came with the apartment. And I ate out yesterday morning."
-----------
You mean you two aren't identical," Sarah signed before tickling Conall on the top of his nose with a finger and heading out of the laird's bedroom.
-----------
"I'll get used to that," Corp said simply, downplaying the other thing he was having to get used to. Other people's emotions playing on his senses. These feelings he resolved to master or use. Knowing who hated whom might come in useful in prevention of crime at some point.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
~\Rook/~
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Location: England, UK

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"Come on, Traci!" Recon called out, rushing to the scene.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Obviously, after concussion, pain and confusion, the first thought through Jenny's mind was to be thankful they weren't up on the first floor as she landed. Rivulets of blood began to drip from where the shards had pierced the skin, including on her cheek and legs, but she ignored that for the moment to face down this... whatever. She put her best glare into use, looked as though she was about to start speaking and fired a concussive blast right back at him instead. "Sod the dialogue," she said, pulling herself upright.
Deske wrote:Ulrich was taking the elevator down to the floor Kolt's room was situated on when the door exploded and once the elevator had stopped on the floor he broke into a run towards the room, stopping just before he was in front of the window. He slipped his gauntlets on his hands, Jenny! What is going on here?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Kolt's possessed," Jenny said simply, thinking that, two weeks ago, that wouldn't have been words she'd ever connect together. She pointed to the sideboard and Quint's container. "Recon, get that container safe, quick!"
Ko Sah waited for the pulse to nearly reach him before raising a shield and blocking the attack completely. He laughed at the attempt. "What's the matter, lab rat? I thought heroes loved their grand pompous speeches. Not even going to try to get me monologuing?" He formed a large hand in the air using Kolt's force fields. "Very well then, freak. Goodbye." Ko Sah flicked his finger, and the shield hand mimed the motion, flicking Jenny off the porch through the wooden railing.

"Traci, catch Jenny! I'll get the container!" Recon rushed forward. Ko Sah threw up a force field to block her, but Recon blinked through it in a flash of light. She blitzed over to Quint's container, grabbed it, and blinked out through the window before Ko Sah could react.
Traci Immediately did as she was told, catching Jenny just before she hit the ground, almost falling over with her from the force of the impact. "Uuf, I-I got her!" She called out before setting Jenny on her feet. "You okay? Can you stand?" She asked the other champion, hovering an arm lightly around her in case she couldn't. "Recon got the canister. You have a plan, I assume?" She added, looking over at not-Kolt.

------
CyberDragon wrote:"Indeed I do." Hivemind said, handing a few extra canisters and syringes. "Would you like to test the new equipment in the firing range?"
After putting the extra canisters and syringes in her bag, Rika nodded to the bot. "Would be a good idea. Need to get used to the reloading process, get it into muscle memory." She stated. "But first, I should get back to my apartment and see if Jaken and June are awake. I don't want them to think I just disappeared without letting them know where I am." She added, forlorn. "I know that would upset Jaken considerably. I'll be back here shortly." With that, Rika turned and headed off back to her room.

------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'd lose the case," Keeva said, laying back on her side. "Back in a mo'," she added. "Need the loo." She got out of their bed and headed out for a moment, returning with the message from Predator that she relayed to Dan when she got back in beside him. "So what was up last night," she asked him, entirely unaware of any double meaning.
"Well we were, for quite a bit.. But that's not what you're asking about is it?" Dan replied with a smirk and a shoulder nudge, then his face tuned serious. "What's up with me is, I've just been trying to figure out how I fit in to this new world. I'm not particularly easy-going like you are, not to mention the whole 'Haven Incident.. A-And, y'know.." He looked Keeva right in the eyes at the last part, hoping he didn't need to say more. "..Plus, all this has been the only thing on my mind. I haven't really been able to 'switch off', y'know? The only respite I've found is sleep.. So, yeah. That's what's up." He finished, flashing an empty smile.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Uh, yeah," Jenny said optimistically as Traci put her upright. She automatically took the hand from Ulrich anyhow as she spoke quickly. "Always plans. On the fly. Um... He's got Kolt's reflexes and abilities but nothing more than that, which gives us an advantage. Ulrich, can you get forcefield's around him? Tight, perhaps? So he can't move his arms? Second plan - speedpunch him until he falls unconscious - or hit him with a drug. Third plan involves me and the container. And there's a back -up, desperation, ploy involving a civilian that I really don't want to try..."
----------
((And jaken is missing Rika. He's just good at distracting himself))
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

"On it," Ulrich said, snapping his fingers and creating cuffs of lights around Kolts wrists that quickly grew to encompass his hands and arms. He locked these constructs in place with a wave of his hand before creating another set of cuffs around the Concertians ankles. "Alright he is immobilized," Ulrich said back to Jenny through his commset.
------
"Hm, woke up at the right time then," Chris said with a shrug. "Alright then, lets get this day started," He said as he climbed up inside the mech, seating the helmet on his head and shutting the cockpit doors.
------
"Is that an invitation?" Colorado asked excitedly, his tail thumping against the bed.
------
"Ah, there's bound to be a replicator around here somewhere, right," Denver said, opening cabinets and drawers looking for the machine.

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11738
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Cherry replied, "I suppose we SHOULD save water by only running it once, eh?"
-------------
Keeva propped herself up on her elbow and let the covers slide down as she looked at Dan. "It's not being easy going..." She kissed him gently before continuing, "...Mate. It's... I've never had the stability you've had, y'know? Been travelling with Dad since forever, lost and arm... lost Dad. Got kidnapped... Nothing stable in that at all, yeah? With that sort of trouble you learn that you can't live in a world defined by what you can't change, you just gotta live with the things you can and try to make the best of the future. Or summat. We might have a way back in future or we might not. Either way, we need to make lives here until we know." She smiled lightly, "take fun where we can and responsibility where there's no fun. Be the, um, best 'us'es we can be." She dropped back onto the bed so she could use her hand to stroke Dan's neck. "You want hope for the future? I have my hope for the future in you, Love. We'll face it together, eh? And make it work."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5254
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

There's a roar from the basement, best described as a murderously livid wild animal, as kol rushes back upstairs breaking a few door hinges in her haste.

- - - - -

"Sure!" june answered cheerfully as she tried to get the machine to replicate a brain, only to get something deep fried instead. shrugging she decides to try a bite. "it got yours wrong too?" she asks, noticing him fiddling with the marshmallow fish.
June wrote:"I don't think I've tried board games. are they tasty?"
Characters

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3926
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

If Kolt still had control over his body, he would have facepalmed. While he didn’t blame Ulrich for the mistake he made (there was a reason he did the hand motions), it still was frustrating to see one of his teammates make a mistake he normally only saw in rookie villains. Ulrich, you’re supposed to be smarter than this. He thought, knowing there was no way to actually communicate his feelings with the old man.

After giving the droid a brief thanks, Liz walked down the street towards the brothers house, gently knocking on the front door once she arrived. After a few seconds, she called out ”Cailean? Conall? It’s Liz, I was told you wanted to speak to me.”
I am so tired of the people I look up to turning out to be jerks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana wanted to make doubly sure of the possessed Kolt's immobilization, sending her second shell flying around Ulrich and landing behind her body snatched comrade, while she herself tried to force and hold him to the ground. Though she was willing to apply more force if need be. "Any idea if this is gonna mess with Kolt's little head buddy at all?" Almost ignoring he rown idle comment, she made sure to keep her attention on the not Kolt as her head tilted. "Ya don't seem too bright, huh? Didn't even try to pose as Kolt."

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14051
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:You mean you two aren't identical," Sarah signed before tickling Conall on the top of his nose with a finger and heading out of the laird's bedroom.
"Ye'll ne'er ken, will ye?" Conall grins. Once Sarah has left he quickly dresses himself, straightens his bunnet in the mirror and then heads out into the living room where an urgently flashing light by the door cam catches his attention. Crossing over to it, he activates the camera, and recognising the figure on the doorstep, soon opens the door.

With a friendly wave and a smile, he silently invites the captain in, leading her to the kitchen where Cailean is still stirring the porridge. For hygiene purposes he's got a pair of disposable gloves on over his comfortable cloth ones provided by Hivemind the previous night while he cooks, and a selection of fruits have been carefully chopped, arranged and separated by colour and variety on the chopping board, ready for adding to the breakfast.

The Laird politely coughs as he enters the busy kitchen followed by the Captain.

"Och, guid mornin', Cap'n. Thanks fer comin'. Wuid ye like some breakfast? Ye cannae beat a hearty Scottish porridge tae start th' day." he grins, knowing full well the Captain's English heritage, as he flashes a quick "hello" in sign to his brother who returns the gesture.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

Post Reply