Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

"Ah that's an easy one," the two said, slightly out of sync, regardless of whether or not the vixen could hear them. "Could you do the bone stabilizing?" One of them said to Tempest, readying the syringe while the other readied the quick set.

------

Colorado's head snapped up for a second as the voice came from nowhere, "Lotta people are not doing so well right now, but the teams fine, so that's good. Also, sexy? Getting a bit bold with those names now, huh," he joked.

------

As soon as all the monsters had made it to the hammerspace pocket, Ulrich headed for the elevator shaft and created a small platform for himself.

------

Chris grumbled unhappily as he disarmed the weapons.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Sae... Are ye sayin' they're gods?" Conall asks in wonder.
Hivemind rubbed his chin a bit in thought. "I wouldn't really go so far as to say that. They didn't create the universe, for example. I'd say they might be better compared to angels and demons? Sort of? Again, to go into detail about them would get... really complicated."

------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You make such an inviting case," 'Zabta' said, putting her simulated feet on the simulated desk. "Compartmentalised means compartmentalised. Things were kept very tight to the fur by all involved." She paused. "I can't tell much because I don't know much but... You might have a bit of luck on Cras. I know they used a safe house on that Colony for the three of us at least. Shipped us there to 'acclimatise' to our new identities and shipped us back. Stasis didn't quite take effect quickly enough and I saw it was an old X-14 cargo transport. They only run from Cras as the colony government bought the company. Which then collapsed."
"What can you tell me about Cras?" Hivemind asked.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Kinda figured that when the shuttles stopped flying over," Messalca commented, shooing away a couple of Kits who were 'coming back for seconds' on the autograph front. "Take it that was you?"
"It was the champions." Hivemind said as he signed the bottom of an action figure of one of his heavy combat droids. "Varanian society is violent and brutal, but at least they follow their own traditions. They value strength, so if you prove you're stronger than their strongest member, if you earn their respect, they'll do anything for you. Our champions proved far stronger than their Warlord, and so they surrendered."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um... I dunno," Golten said optimistically, "what sort of meat did YOU like? Um, I THINK they noticed me go," he admitted, regarding his folks, "Corvis was kinda acting up so I wanted to practice my stalking. Harder since I can't see what others are doing now," he half griped.
"Right..." Hivemind said, refusing to mention that he was the one who limited Golten's power in the first place. "Just a heads up, Golten, since I saw you eyeing Jeffery back there like you were thinking of hunting him. There isn't anything to hunt on this ship. Every living thing you see is either a person, or is someone's pet." Hivemind informed the Celican. "Anyway, I think you'd like the steak. How would you like it cooked? Or would you rather have it raw?"

A hive droid knocked on the door where Hannabelle's family lived and waited for it to open. "Hello, I just figured I'd inform you that Golten is currently in the Market Square food court. He said he thinks you know he's out and about, but I figured I would verify that since he didn't sound too sure."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Good to meet you, Colonel," Jenny said, offering him a handshake. "Now," she continued after, looking to the others, "it would help if we could get to Monta fairly quickly. We need to get him out of here, yeah?" She half smiled. "Not to mention I think Hivemind wants to offer him a deal to do with these brilliant guns of yours, yeah? Not seen many guns that can deal with even the grunts so well.|" Of course she kept the other reason Hive 'wanted a word' with Monta to herself. Sometimes personal bodyguards did their job beyond reason.
"I'm afraid that Hivemind will be disappointed." the Colonel said, shaking his head. "Monta already has an exclusive contract to manufacture these for the Celican military. Though I agree, we should get everyone out of here. We won't be safe here forever with those... things... running loose." The man shuddered, as did one of the light guards. The Colonel turned to the guard. "Contact Monta. Tell him we've got Champions evacuating us and he needs to come out."

"Yes Sir." The guard pressed a button on his helmet to turn on his comms. "Mr. Monta. Sir, there are Champions out here. IDs have confirmed. They're here to evacuate us."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hmm, probably best to change the subject anyhow," Hannabelle suggested, "or I'm going to remember I've not eaten for quite some time." She kept an action ready look despite the chat. "So what did you do to get out of the life," she asked.
Gear looked down. "Found out my boss was lyin' 'bout the guilt of my targets. So I shot him. Went into hiding for two years until the invasion of Earth by the Varanians. I helped repel them, and Hivemind saw heroic potential in me, despite it all. He asked me to join his little startup super hero team. Eventually that team turned into the Champions."

"Sir? I don't think I understood that... Could you repeat?" the guard was silent for a minute.

Immediately, Gear's eyes shot open as his Chaotic Systems Predictor flooded his sight with visions. Visions of flashing bolts of plasma. Visions of Champions laying dead or wounded on the ground. Visions of the Colonel with too many holes in him to count. Carnage was about to happen, and according to the CSP, it was less than a minute away.

"Yes sir... I understand sir." The guard turned off the comm device and turned to the other guards, who seemed to know or hear what Monta had said.

Gear's visions were getting more vivid, clearer, more certain. The Colonel would ask what Monta said, and while the timid guard had his attention, the other light guard would shoot him in the back of the head. The heavy guards opened fire, their modified Varanian miniguns taking Jenny by surprise and easily tearing her apart. Hannabelle was struck in the shoulder by a stray shot, then in the head by one that was actually aimed. Gadgeteer would react. He reached for a shield generator, but took five shots to the chest. Before he went down, Recon ran for the guards, the only one who could get close to them without being hit. She shocked one heavy guard, but took the stock of a gun to the back of the head and was shot as she lay on the ground. Then, Gear took a shot to the head...

The Cyborg snapped out of the vision and back into reality. The timid guard turned to look sorrowfully at the Colonel. "Well? What did he say?" the Colonel asked him.

The guard mouthed something along the lines of "I'm sorry..." as his counterpart raised his weapon and pointed it at the back of the Colonel's head.

Gear was already moving. He grabbed Hannabelle with no explanation and shoved her onto the ground. Pulling a knife from his belt, he hurled it at the light guard's gun arm, sticking it in the back. The guard howled in pain and discharged a shot that went inches to the left of the Colonel's head. The second light guard pulled a sidearm out and the heavy guards charged up their cannons. Gear fired a grappling hook out of his wrist, latching on to the Colonel. The moment before the guards all unleashed their bullets, Gear spun around, pulling the Colonel over to him and sweeping Jenny's legs out from under her in one smooth motion. The light guard's pistol shot grazed the Colonel's left cheek and the plasma fire from the heavy guards sailed just over Jenny's head as she fell, with some of the shots deviating to where Hannabelle used to be standing. Gear pulled out a drop shield from his belt in the same motion as before and threw it on the ground, deploying a shield around the team that the shots could not penetrate. At least, not yet.

"I don' think Monta wants our help."

Deske wrote:As soon as all the monsters had made it to the hammerspace pocket, Ulrich headed for the elevator shaft and created a small platform for himself.

Chris grumbled unhappily as he disarmed the weapons.
Legotron123 wrote:As soon as all of the beasts were through the portal, Quint closed it, trapping them inside. Breathing a sigh of relief, he turned around to face the others. ”I am glad that is over with.” He said, gazing down at his suits control gauntlet for a bit before shaking his head and looking back up. ”Let us go catch up with the others. They could need our help.”
"Agreed." Legion said as they followed Ulrich and Quint.

"Is that... Gunfire I hear?" MT said, looking at the elevator shaft.
Buster wrote:there's a hiss as both pairs of canons are flushed with coolant, the majority of the gel exiting the venting slits in the sides of the barrels as a thin scalding hot mist as the weapons power down. Kobor sticks with the team while his system bolts for the nearest computer,uses her tail blade to cut a panel off the casing and starts working on linking her drone's remote interface to the local hardware.

>>Yo, Hive, i have a tentative connection to the facility's computer, hope a crudely spliced IO cable is enough connection for you to get in. Transferring drone control to your network. see if you can find anything useful about proper containment or disposal of the freaks.
"Hivemind doesn't have a signal down here for Comms. He won't be able to hear you." Predator said. "Though if you linked the computer system with the Hive Network using the relay signal, he should be able to feel it. He'll have access to everything in this computer system, but he won't be able to tell us what he finds until we get back to the surface."

Deske wrote:"Ah that's an easy one," the two said, slightly out of sync, regardless of whether or not the vixen could hear them. "Could you do the bone stabilizing?" One of them said to Tempest, readying the syringe while the other readied the quick set.
Tempest complied, setting and stabilizing the bone as the two of them worked.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It was worth a try," Jenny replied, after getting used to the idea of suddenly being on the floor. "Plan B!" She activated the loudspeaker function of her wrist computer and hoped she was tied into the base network even as the speaker meant everyone in the hall could hear her. "This is IOC Agent Jenny Miles speaking for the Champions! We are here to arrest your C.E.O. because we have evidence that the Varanian invasion today was precipitated by an invitation! A signal sent to them, a challenge, that came from Monta Weaponstech satellites! Millions dead on Celica to enact a weapons deal! Your Friends. Your families! Dead and dying so Monta can make a quick buck! Is THAT a person worth killing for? Worth dying for?
We want him to stand before Justice. The question is... what do YOU want?
" She turned the loudspeaker off. "Hope that works," she told the Colonel. "Plan 'C' is a sonic pulse and that could do permanent damage. It's conspiracy time, Colonel," she finished, "which side are you on?"
--------------------------
"I've often thought about shooting my bosses," Hannabelle grumbled, lying on her back and firing a shot at the heavy troopers, before the shield went up, scoring a hit on the gun one was holding before she flipped up and over, taking aim for a second shot. "Non-lethal," she huffed. "The hard way. Good thing I like a challenge."
"Cras," 'Zabta' mused. "Used to be industrial. Then the industry went away and it's trying to rely on tourism and sales of Vegetables to nearby colonies. Hardly Celican principles at all. So they're aggressively defensive about the subject." She yawned. "Life is short there and that's the only reason the suicide rate isn't higher."
"FAR stronger," Messalca queried with half a grin.
-------------------------
Jaken worked to take some of the debris off the top of the pile, hoping the pipe stayed where it was as he could tell the person they were coming.
------------------------
"I'd only playhunt," Golten said, perhaps a little TOO innocently, "and I'll, um, try rare? I... think I've heard of it being done that way."
-----------------------
Jenevive rolled her eyes as she held Corvis overhead with his arms out like an aeroplane. Her arm twitched and she put him down, unrumpling his shirt. "Figures," she said. "Thought he'd been quiet for ten minutes."
"Are we going to eat too?"
"I'll sort something out later."
"Why does Golten get to eat and I don't" Corvis said stroppily, stamping his foot. "And I bet that Human's there for him to see too!"
"IHe might believe you about seeing one if she is." Jenevive turned to Hive. "Can you get him back here after... he's eaten whatever I don't know he's having?"
----------------------
"Well I had to be sure I had the right one," Seena remarked. "Sana tells me Denver's the buff one and there's probably one with the officialdom down pat but there's none sexier than you, love."
----------------------
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

>>Well, I'm pretty sure i've got the modulation correct on the transmission, but i have no idea if this is getting feeds from anything beyond the biolab.
>>the bandwidth on this hackjob is terrible. I did enough to establish a connection, and left the rest up to his techno-voodoo.
>>Like i said, needs hands. you try soldering jumpers properly with paws and a variable-output plasma weapon.

- - - - - -

Not one to shy away from a fight, Kol's solution to being shot at is to duck back around the corner, use her weapons to cut out a particularly sturdy looking section of wall, and return to the shooting gallery using it as a combination tower shield/battering ram.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Aye," Sarah said, "bu' it's al'aes good t' hear 'I love you', isn't it?"
"Aye, it is." Cailean agrees. He quietly sips his drink, wondering what to talk about next and hoping the food will arrive soon.
"Sae... What would yer ideal date be, Sarah? Ah ought tae tak' ye oot properly some time."

~~~~~~~~
"Ah... Ah think Ah understand." Conall signs cautiously.
"Is there... Someone they work for then?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Aw, crapbaskets.” Quint grimaced as soon as he heard the gunshots, quickly jumping down the elevator shaft as he plummeted towards the bottom floor, activating his jet pack to slow his fall. If Jenny died while Kolt was out of it, his partner never stop blaming himself for it.
-
Liz looked over the glove June gave her while finishing off the curly fries, trying to figure out what they were made of. Eventually she had an idea, and turned to look at her son. ”Lewis, do you mind if I look at your gloves for a minute?”
Lewis, who was in the middle of finishing his bacon mac and cheese, gave a brief nod before clicking his tongue to activate the gloves and extending his arm out towards his mother.
Liz took her sons hand and moved it closer to June’s glove, looking back and forth between the two as she tested her hypothesis. Eventually she started slowly nodding as faint smile crept onto her face. ”This is definitely made of some kind of nanobot. Looks a bit more advanced then the kind that compose Lewis’ gloves, but nanobots all the same.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Watching Quint go, Kobor turns to ulrich, "Mind giving Predator and I a lift down? Talya's staying here for the moment."

- - - - -

"Nano... So, like a mechanical version of my colony? Independent but interconnected?" June asked, wondering if maybe there was a way to sync how the nanotech and her parasitic elements communicated...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Cras," 'Zabta' mused. "Used to be industrial. Then the industry went away and it's trying to rely on tourism and sales of Vegetables to nearby colonies. Hardly Celican principles at all. So they're aggressively defensive about the subject." She yawned. "Life is short there and that's the only reason the suicide rate isn't higher."
"Knowing the planet narrows the search, but searching an entire planet will still take more time than we have. Do you know anything that could narrow the search?"

---------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"FAR stronger," Messalca queried with half a grin.
"Most of the details will be released soon enough, once things calm down." Hivemind said, finishing up with a brother and sister who wanted photographs. "I can say that the fight ended when Veteran Champion Titan punched the warlord into orbit, and then punched him out of existence when he reentered the atmosphere. I'd say that qualifies as "far stronger"."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken worked to take some of the debris off the top of the pile, hoping the pipe stayed where it was as he could tell the person they were coming.
The Lycan assisted Jaken in clearing out the debris, getting it done quite a lot faster than Jaken alone.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'd only playhunt," Golten said, perhaps a little TOO innocently, "and I'll, um, try rare? I... think I've heard of it being done that way."
"Right... Just make sure the person you're playing with is OK with you playing with them." Hivemind said. He turned around and pulled a steak from the replicator and began cooking it.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenevive rolled her eyes as she held Corvis overhead with his arms out like an aeroplane. Her arm twitched and she put him down, unrumpling his shirt. "Figures," she said. "Thought he'd been quiet for ten minutes."
"Are we going to eat too?"
"I'll sort something out later."
"Why does Golten get to eat and I don't" Corvis said stroppily, stamping his foot. "And I bet that Human's there for him to see too!"
"IHe might believe you about seeing one if she is." Jenevive turned to Hive. "Can you get him back here after... he's eaten whatever I don't know he's having?"
Hivemind looked at them a little confused. "Have you... not left the house? There are plenty of humans around. Even several of your neighbors are human. They aren't anywhere near the strangest thing on this ship." Then, on the subject of food, Hivemind added, "You are perfectly free to join Golten at the Public Kitchen if you were wondering what you should have for dinner. As in, literally free. The Public Kitchen offers three free meals a day. Golten's having steak." He offered. "Come on, it will be good for you to get out of the house and see the sights. It's a beautiful day out. I would know, I made it that way! Heh."

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah... Ah think Ah understand." Conall signs cautiously.
"Is there... Someone they work for then?"
"You mean someone like a full-fledged god?" Hivemind asked. "Sometimes it's difficult to say for sure. The Aspects tend to be a bit vague on the subject. Though from what I've seen and what I know, I'd say I believe so. I believe Diligitis mentioned a higher power before."

Then, something dawned on Hivemind. These questions seemed to be leading in a certain direction, and even if it wasn't, he just realized he knew exactly how to help the brothers. "I think I know where this is going. I think I just realized how I can help you. You should talk to Diligitis, the angelic aspect of Love. He'd be able to answer your questions about this stuff better than I can. Just think of something you love, focus on the feeling it gives you, and think what you want to say. You don't have to say it out loud."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It was worth a try," Jenny replied, after getting used to the idea of suddenly being on the floor. "Plan B!" She activated the loudspeaker function of her wrist computer and hoped she was tied into the base network even as the speaker meant everyone in the hall could hear her. "This is IOC Agent Jenny Miles speaking for the Champions! We are here to arrest your C.E.O. because we have evidence that the Varanian invasion today was precipitated by an invitation! A signal sent to them, a challenge, that came from Monta Weaponstech satellites! Millions dead on Celica to enact a weapons deal! Your Friends. Your families! Dead and dying so Monta can make a quick buck! Is THAT a person worth killing for? Worth dying for?
We want him to stand before Justice. The question is... what do YOU want?
" She turned the loudspeaker off. "Hope that works," she told the Colonel. "Plan 'C' is a sonic pulse and that could do permanent damage. It's conspiracy time, Colonel," she finished, "which side are you on?"
"They just tried to assassinate me!" the Colonel responded, pulling his sidearm and preparing to fight if he had to. "Who's side do you think I'm on?"

The heavy guards didn't let up the stream of plasma shots. The only one who seemed to hesitate from Jenny's revelation was the timid light guard, who stopped firing and looked around. He looked back at the door, then at the heavy guards, then the champions before deciding the most neutral route was to stop firing and help his counterpart get the knife out of his arm. "They're mercenaries. They don't care about what's right. They only care that they're being paid a lot of money." the Colonel said.

This gave Gadgeteer an idea. "Hey! Guards!" he called out to those who were still firing. "Let us past, and Hivemind will pay you double what Monta gives you in a year!" The gunfire still didn't let up. "Either they take professionalism very seriously for mercenaries, or they didn't hear-"
Buster wrote:Not one to shy away from a fight, Kol's solution to being shot at is to duck back around the corner, use her weapons to cut out a particularly sturdy looking section of wall, and return to the shooting gallery using it as a combination tower shield/battering ram.
"Huh?" Gadgeteer said as Kol moved past him carrying a large chunk of wall with her. "Wait! Stop!" the varanian grabbed on to the back of Kol's armor but found himself being dragged along. Kol was larger and stronger than he was, and Gadgeteer was starting to see why that one varanian ground trooper was so enamored with her.

The moment the piece of wall passed through the drop shield's border, the plasma shots immediately hit it and passed straight through. It only took about two seconds before the makeshift shield was full of holes, half melted, and falling to pieces. Kol's hybrid Varanian/Champion armor would protect her a bit longer, but it wouldn't stand up to the blasts forever. Gear joined Gadgeteer in trying to pull Kol back into the safety of the drop shield.

Legotron123 wrote:”Aw, crapbaskets.” Quint grimaced as soon as he heard the gunshots, quickly jumping down the elevator shaft as he plummeted towards the bottom floor, activating his jet pack to slow his fall. If Jenny died while Kolt was out of it, his partner never stop blaming himself for it.
Legion followed Quint down the elevator shaft, using a sort of telekinesis to drift down gently.

Buster wrote:>>Well, I'm pretty sure i've got the modulation correct on the transmission, but i have no idea if this is getting feeds from anything beyond the biolab.
>>the bandwidth on this hackjob is terrible. I did enough to establish a connection, and left the rest up to his techno-voodoo.
>>Like i said, needs hands. you try soldering jumpers properly with paws and a variable-output plasma weapon.
"I'm sure it will be fine. Worst case scenario is he will connect with the computer system here directly when he gets here." Predator stated before waiting for Ulrich to lower him and Kobor down.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana held back lazily behind the shield. "Doesn't really mean they honor agreements. Could be like back home, where fear, or the very least the not wanting to tick off a big scary individual, is a wonderful deterrent to backstabbing." She would try to push the heavy guards aim towards his allies, before then trying to violently throw the other mech guard to the side.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The heavy guard wasn't expecting to have the massive force of Tatiana's telekinesis applied to his gun arm, and so was caught off guard when it suddenly flung to the side and started shooting at his heavy counterpart. The second guard took a few shots with his armor taking the majority of the damage. "WHAT ARE YOU-" He didn't finish before suddenly flying into the wall hard enough to crash straight through it, launched by Tatiana's telekinesis. The first heavy guard stopped firing and tried to force his aim back at the champions.

(I know I normally wait for everyone to move and then compile it all, but as there are only two enemies, now possibly one enemy, I figure it's best to write the results of actions as they pop up, at least until they are defeated. This way I can prevent situations where someone attacks an already defeated opponent, and things can move a little quicker.)
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As soon as Quint reached the bottom, he started rocketing down the hallway, racing towards the sound of the gunfire. As soon as he spotted the heavy turning his aim towards the others, he rushed forward, aiming to tackle the guard with enough force to topple a semi.
-
Liz nodded, glad June was following along so easily. ”Indeed. There’s probably some sort of central processor that’s responsible for dictating their form and preventing them from collapsing into a big grey pile. Sorta like a combination of the Nodes and Workers you mentioned.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The guard was still focused on getting control back over his gun arm when Quint blasted straight into him, sending him careening straight into the reinforced steel doors of the bunker with enough force to form a solid dent in the metal. He slumped over on the ground, dazed and in too much pain to move.

With one heavy guard embedded in the wall, the other crumpled on the ground, and his light guard partner gripping the knife sticking out of his bleeding arm, the last remaining guard looked around. He looked between his partners and the champions and Kolt and the four-armed creature twice his height. He then immediately dropped his gun and stuck his hands straight up into the air in surrender.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol is more than a little surprised at how fast her cover broke up. her stride faltering enough for the others to pull her back.
"But... that should have lasted more... those guns are so small, why do they fire like the ones on the rolling deathbox?" she asks sounding confused and a bit alarmed.

with the enemy surrendering she starts forward again, this time moving to separate the frightening weapons from their owners.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny also moved to take the weapons off the defeated opponents. "Nice work pulling their fire for Tat and Quint," she told Kol, seemingly meaning it, before turning to the three still standing. "You," she said, pointing to the one who'd been doing most of the firing. "I don't much like. We've no facilities for captives right now and there are nasty things wandering around. Take him," she added, gesturing to the wounded one, "get him to a medical pack and seal yourselves into that room until rescue comes - which will likely be a Champion who's really fed up of being shot at. You," she finished, looking at the one who'd stopped firing early on, "could do us a favour? We can end this faster if we get taken straight to Monta?" She shrugged. "We're a bit lost, you see? A guide could help us save lives?"
-------------------
"Quite a diplomat for a hero," Hannabelle grumbled, checking her weapon and wondering if she could, perhaps, pick up one of theirs without being seen.
------------------
The NotJaken stopped when the last few pieces were still to be pulled off the Teenage Male Celican as the smell of blood was getting nasty. He knew there had to be a hole somewhere in the person for such a leakage and he'd seen shows with his father that told freeing the person from pressure would save their lives. His father had always called those shows ******* nonsense and that relieving too much pressure would kill them in minutes. "Need pressure over here quick," he called.
-----------------
"It's probably close to the space port," 'Zabta' mentioned. "When you've got the vice president, the leader of the opposition and the CEO of Monta Weaponstech in your cab, it's probably going to bring attention to you if you drive a long way. Buuut, I can't be certain. As I was unconscious at the time."
----------------
"Cooked," Corvis poked his tongue out. "Yuk! That's weird!"
""Says the Tod in shirt and trousers," Genevive sighed, hauling herself up off the sofa. "My boys don't do normal... Suppose we'd have to try it sometime. Your Dad's still sorting out interviews with the financial people so it might as well be now. One minute." Genevive nipped into her room to dress.
Corvis stepped over and looked up at the Hivebot, pulling his shirt down and attaching a clip-on tie. "It's good you're with us on this," he said with a chirpy smile, "because, if it poisons me, the medical people would know immediately!"
Genevive stepped back out, wearing shorts and a small top to cover her dignity. "You should lead on," she said, "and, if you know any good leash shops along the way..."
---------------
Golten, unaware of the doom heading his way, watched the cooking of the steak with interest.
---------------
"Does the prime you chuckle to yourself when you say things like that," Messalca asked as a few autograph hunters closed in on Sana. "No," the Fennec protested as they closed around her, "I'm just an IOC agent! I'm not a Champion or anyone famous and..." she listened as one of the gaggle spoke. "I am certainly not a famous hacker and, no, I wouldnt tell you if I w..." She paused. "You see her over there," she poked a hand up, out of the throng, and pointed to Seena, "she's a communications engineer from another universe! And she has powers!"
"Uh, oh," Seena said into the comm as she saw the ten or so heading her way. "autograph hunters incoming!" She started looking to see if she could slip back into the station as Sana signed an autograph for the one who'd remained. The one who was pretty sure she really was the Hacker he'd heard about.
----------------
Ah," Sarah mused, "ye'd be talkin' cinema's an' walks by quiet riv'rs wi'out peopl' shootin' at us... But wi' oth'rs around. Not summat ye always get in th' highlands, hmm?" She tapped Cailean on the nose with a finger.
---------------
Corp ate his food and watched his compatriots, trying to put out positive vibes to see if he could affect the emotions of the people at other tables and alleviate their anxieties.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nods and expands the platform in the elevator to make room for Kobor and Predator, "Going down," he says with a slight grin. Once they're situated he brings them all down to the level that had previously held a small firefight.

------

The two doctors finished up mending the vixen's broken bones using the same method as last time, finishing it up just as quickly and just as smoothly.
One of the two doctor's staying with the other casualties stepped away at a light jog to see what Jaken meant by "more pressure."

------

Colorado chuckled at the description Sana had given Seena of his counterpart. "Good to hear, I'd begun to worry about whether or not you'd be able to tell us apart. I'll have to let them know that they were out of the running as soon as they appeared." He listened to the short coverage of the two of them being swarmed by autograph hounds, "You're a hero now, have some fun with it!"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

apparently Hannabelle isn't the only one who thinks they need more firepower if they're going to be facing more of these guys, as Kol has one of the confiscated weapons braced over her shoulder predator style now, and doesn't seem willing to turn it over to Gadgeteer like she's doing with the rest...

"Not what I was trying to do, but thanks. I was actually going to flatten the big one into the door."

from the corner there's the click of metal claws on tile as the pair of HKs exit the elevator shaft. "Sorry we're late. looks like we weren't needed though." the HF blade on the tip of the speaking one's tail twitching as it looks over the guards. "They going to be trouble? we could have Drone 03 babysit em since Tal can't relocate it right now."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:"You mean someone like a full-fledged god?" Hivemind asked. "Sometimes it's difficult to say for sure. The Aspects tend to be a bit vague on the subject. Though from what I've seen and what I know, I'd say I believe so. I believe Diligitis mentioned a higher power before."

Then, something dawned on Hivemind. These questions seemed to be leading in a certain direction, and even if it wasn't, he just realized he knew exactly how to help the brothers. "I think I know where this is going. I think I just realized how I can help you. You should talk to Diligitis, the angelic aspect of Love. He'd be able to answer your questions about this stuff better than I can. Just think of something you love, focus on the feeling it gives you, and think what you want to say. You don't have to say it out loud."
"Does he ken sign language?" Conall asks with a wry grin.

~~~~~~~~
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah," Sarah mused, "ye'd be talkin' cinema's an' walks by quiet riv'rs wi'out peopl' shootin' at us... But wi' oth'rs around. Not summat ye always get in th' highlands, hmm?" She tapped Cailean on the nose with a finger.
"We- ah ACHOO! Well, Ah think we'll be hard-pressed tae find a river on a spaceship. A walk an' a movie is doable though. What's yer favourite flick?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Kol is more than a little surprised at how fast her cover broke up. her stride faltering enough for the others to pull her back.
"But... that should have lasted more... those guns are so small, why do they fire like the ones on the rolling deathbox?" she asks sounding confused and a bit alarmed.

with the enemy surrendering she starts forward again, this time moving to separate the frightening weapons from their owners.
"They based these guns on upgraded Varanian weapons." Gadgeteer said, helping collect the weapons in question. "They'll pierce through most cover. Especially improvised cover, like a section of a wall that wasn't built to be shot at."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny also moved to take the weapons off the defeated opponents. "Nice work pulling their fire for Tat and Quint," she told Kol, seemingly meaning it, before turning to the three still standing. "You," she said, pointing to the one who'd been doing most of the firing. "I don't much like. We've no facilities for captives right now and there are nasty things wandering around. Take him," she added, gesturing to the wounded one, "get him to a medical pack and seal yourselves into that room until rescue comes - which will likely be a Champion who's really fed up of being shot at. You," she finished, looking at the one who'd stopped firing early on, "could do us a favour? We can end this faster if we get taken straight to Monta?" She shrugged. "We're a bit lost, you see? A guide could help us save lives?"
The heavy guard staggered to his feet and, with no weapon to fight with and being at the mercy of a small army of empowered warriors, the heavy guard complied. He lifted the injured light soldier with one arm and started dragging the other stunned heavy guard out of the wall and to the nearest room with medical supplies.

"Monta is through these doors, but..." the light guard pointed at the dented doors. "With them deformed like that, I don't know if they'll open."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Quite a diplomat for a hero," Hannabelle grumbled, checking her weapon and wondering if she could, perhaps, pick up one of theirs without being seen.
Hannabelle would find that she was being watched. Gear was keeping a close eye on her. He definitely wouldn't let her grab such dangerous weapons.
Deske wrote:Ulrich nods and expands the platform in the elevator to make room for Kobor and Predator, "Going down," he says with a slight grin. Once they're situated he brings them all down to the level that had previously held a small firefight.
Buster wrote:apparently Hannabelle isn't the only one who thinks they need more firepower if they're going to be facing more of these guys, as Kol has one of the confiscated weapons braced over her shoulder predator style now, and doesn't seem willing to turn it over to Gadgeteer like she's doing with the rest...

"Not what I was trying to do, but thanks. I was actually going to flatten the big one into the door."

from the corner there's the click of metal claws on tile as the pair of HKs exit the elevator shaft. "Sorry we're late. looks like we weren't needed though." the HF blade on the tip of the speaking one's tail twitching as it looks over the guards. "They going to be trouble? we could have Drone 03 babysit em since Tal can't relocate it right now."
"Remember, Kol." Archangel said. "We need Monta alive and able to talk."

"Though if you wanted to rip his arms off with me, I'd appreciate the help." Gadgeteer joked, earning a smack on the back of the head by Archangel that caused him to stagger. "Kidding! Jeeze, how are you that strong?"

"I will keep an eye on the guards." Predator stated before walking off, following where he saw the guards go.

- - - - -

Now that the fight with the monstrosities was over, MT walked over to the freight elevator shaft again and flew to the bottom. He got there and wandered through the corridors, following his internal map of the place to where the rest of the team was.

----------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The NotJaken stopped when the last few pieces were still to be pulled off the Teenage Male Celican as the smell of blood was getting nasty. He knew there had to be a hole somewhere in the person for such a leakage and he'd seen shows with his father that told freeing the person from pressure would save their lives. His father had always called those shows ******* nonsense and that relieving too much pressure would kill them in minutes. "Need pressure over here quick," he called.
Deske wrote:The two doctors finished up mending the vixen's broken bones using the same method as last time, finishing it up just as quickly and just as smoothly.
One of the two doctor's staying with the other casualties stepped away at a light jog to see what Jaken meant by "more pressure."
While Tempest continued to monitor the vixen to make sure she was stable, Eira followed the doctors to the injured teenager. Eira grabbed the rest of the debris with her ice arm and lifted it off of the Celican with ease. She saw the problem immediately. The Celican had a piece of pipe going through a spot that really wasn't designed to have pipe going through it, and he was bleeding badly. Eira also knew exactly what Jaken meant by more pressure. Right now, that pipe was clotting the wound and keeping him from bleeding out faster. Now that she, the Blood Witch, was there, they could remove it. She held out her ice hand and focused on the blood flowing through the teenager's body, especially around the wound. Telepathically, she used the water in his blood to force it to remain inside his body. "Doctors, I'm keeping the wound from bleeding out. You need to remove the pipe and treat the injury quickly!"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's probably close to the space port," 'Zabta' mentioned. "When you've got the vice president, the leader of the opposition and the CEO of Monta Weaponstech in your cab, it's probably going to bring attention to you if you drive a long way. Buuut, I can't be certain. As I was unconscious at the time."
"Thank you. Those are all of the questions I have at this time." Hivemind said. "I hope you find the mild upgrade to your room agreeable." Hivemind said.

Zabta would find herself suddenly in her cell in the simulated prison, only it was slightly more spacious, and the bed seemed more comfortable. Small upgrades, but still better than nothing.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Cooked," Corvis poked his tongue out. "Yuk! That's weird!"
""Says the Tod in shirt and trousers," Genevive sighed, hauling herself up off the sofa. "My boys don't do normal... Suppose we'd have to try it sometime. Your Dad's still sorting out interviews with the financial people so it might as well be now. One minute." Genevive nipped into her room to dress.
Corvis stepped over and looked up at the Hivebot, pulling his shirt down and attaching a clip-on tie. "It's good you're with us on this," he said with a chirpy smile, "because, if it poisons me, the medical people would know immediately!"
Genevive stepped back out, wearing shorts and a small top to cover her dignity. "You should lead on," she said, "and, if you know any good leash shops along the way..."
While Genevive was out dressing, Hivemind talked to Corvis. "Cooked food won't poison you. The whole point of cooking is to get rid of things that might." He said. "Did you know that The Lycan often orders his meat cooked? Though if you are so against it, I can serve it to you raw."

When Genevive got back, Hivemind led the two of them outside. It was a beautiful afternoon. The simulated sun was getting low, and the sky was clear. Even the air smelled fresh and clean despite it's close proximity to a city. The group headed for the Steelhaven Street train station which had the closest portal door kiosk next to it. The door opened, and in one step they emerged in the Market Square food court.

Corvis would notice immediately what Hivemind meant about humans being normal. Not only were there quite a few humans wandering about in the food court and square, there were also a number of fantastic and strange alien people all over the place. From a foot tall to twelve feet tall, furred, scaled, even a number made out of apparently non-biological substances like stone. There was the being made of pure light once again sitting near the being of pure darkness. A strange person that wandered around looking at the various shops looked like he was a person in some sort of environment suit, but a glance at his transparent visor revealed the body inside was made entirely of electrified gas. A robotic dragon stood outside of the bakery holding a five gallon bag stuffed full of pastries, and he was talking to probably the most normal looking person there, an old blind man in a cloak with a cane.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Golten, unaware of the doom heading his way, watched the cooking of the steak with interest.
Hivemind lightly seared both sides of the steak until the outside was brown, but the inside was still a bright red. He put it on a plate and handed it to Golten. Then he gave a wave at Genevive and Corvis.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Does the prime you chuckle to yourself when you say things like that," Messalca asked as a few autograph hunters closed in on Sana. "No," the Fennec protested as they closed around her, "I'm just an IOC agent! I'm not a Champion or anyone famous and..." she listened as one of the gaggle spoke. "I am certainly not a famous hacker and, no, I wouldnt tell you if I w..." She paused. "You see her over there," she poked a hand up, out of the throng, and pointed to Seena, "she's a communications engineer from another universe! And she has powers!"
"Uh, oh," Seena said into the comm as she saw the ten or so heading her way. "autograph hunters incoming!" She started looking to see if she could slip back into the station as Sana signed an autograph for the one who'd remained. The one who was pretty sure she really was the Hacker he'd heard about.
"Not usually." Hivemind said as his line started to thin out a bit. "Sometimes it does though, in a "This is my life" sort of way. I kind of went numb to strangeness a long time ago. Specifically when my brother suddenly came back from the dead and turned into a dragon. That sort of set the weirdness bar a little high for me." he said, without a hint of a joking tone in his voice.

Legotron123 wrote:Liz looked over the glove June gave her while finishing off the curly fries, trying to figure out what they were made of. Eventually she had an idea, and turned to look at her son. ”Lewis, do you mind if I look at your gloves for a minute?”
Lewis, who was in the middle of finishing his bacon mac and cheese, gave a brief nod before clicking his tongue to activate the gloves and extending his arm out towards his mother.
Liz took her sons hand and moved it closer to June’s glove, looking back and forth between the two as she tested her hypothesis. Eventually she started slowly nodding as faint smile crept onto her face. ”This is definitely made of some kind of nanobot. Looks a bit more advanced then the kind that compose Lewis’ gloves, but nanobots all the same.”
Sal-Hleel was looking cautiously at the nanobot gloves. "Nanobots... Varan made weapon with nanobots. Was too dangerous. Impossible to control. The Gilded Dragon destroyed it before it could be used."

Hlaoroo wrote:"Does he ken sign language?" Conall asks with a wry grin.
"Sorry, should have worded that better." Hivemind signed. "But Diligitis is part of your mind. He will know any language you use, and can even know your thoughts and feelings without any words needed. You can try it out right now, if you'd like. Just think of someone you care about, focus on that feeling of love that results, and... well... just think of what you want to say." Hivemind said, as if this were completely normal. He seemed to realize it isn't though, as he added "I realize it sounds insane. But just trust me. Worst thing that happens is I'm wrong and it's me who will look crazy."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, I wouldn't worry about it being buckled," Jenny advised lightly, putting a 'reassuring' handpaw of the guards shoulder. "See, my friends here," nodding back to Kol, Quint and the others, "LOVE to show off their power. When they haven't got a communications book to rip in half they take it out on the doors. Don't even need to ask them usually. One of them will probably have ripped it off the hinges or crushed it open somehow by the time I finish this sentence."
------------
Hannabelle, having felt the heat of several eyes on the back of her neck and deciding they weren't just paranoia, decided to scan the door for booby-traps.
------------
"How come you don't use your sniffer so much," the NotJaken chose to ask the Lycan, now the - heh - pressure was off.
------------
"Ack," the boy started, having been discovered with his booty. "I was just... um... I was just..." he stuttered, clearly unable to decide on which fib to use to explain this.
"Bus-ted," Corvis shouted, dragging his attention back to his brother after looking, slack-jawed, at some of the other races around.
"But I wasn't..."
"Relax, Golten," Genevive ordered. "He'll take the same as his brother," she continued, pointing to Corvis, "and I'll have the Hunter's Chicken." She looked at her stunned Cubs. "What? I travelled when I was young. Not always to Celican colonies. Now get a table."
----------------
"Never been a fan of nano-tech," Corp said, before remaining silent on the matter.
---------------
"That... would do it, yeah," Messalca replied as Seena 'showed off', talking into the head of one of the autograph hunters after telling them a little of what her power did. Sana sloped off, back to the shop for a six-pack of a drink favoured by Canines. Lots of marrowbone Jelly in the ingredients. It was probably available on the Beacon but she'd not thought to check.
---------------
"Ah," Sarah said coyly, offering Cailean a napkin, "the Bodyguard, In the line a fire, Terminat'r Judg'm'nt day.., tha' sort thing. You?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Conall shrugs and thinks for a moment before shutting his eyes and focusing on an image of his little sister Aggie. The question in his mind is simple.
"Can ye forgive us?"

~~~~~~~~
"Och, are ye nae shot at enough in yer day job? Ye need excitement in yer doon time too?" Cailean jokes.
"Me? Ah like Titanic, Marley & Me, an' Bridge to Terabithia. All th' mushy stuff. Ah'm th' sweet, emotional type. Girls love tha'." he answers, keeping a straight face.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Maybe i needed something sturdier then." kol states marching over to the blast-door and starting the slow process of cutting a riotshield shaped section out of it with her axe.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Quint didn’t particularly seem to care if anyone objected to him taking one of the guards weapons, placing one of the pistols into his hammerspace pocket while muttering something about how Mythos would get good use out of it, before walking over to stand next to Kol. ”Let me help. It will go quicker with two of us working on it.” He said before pressing a few buttons on his suit’s control gauntlet, causing some kind of laser blade to be projected over his fist. Once it had formed, Quint used it to start cutting on the side of the door opposite of where Kol was cutting.
-
Liz gave a knowing nod at Sal-Hleels words. ”Nanobots can be quite dangerous if you’re not careful with them. Especially if they have a self-replicating capacity.” She said, idlly looking around the table to see if everyone was done.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol stops short of cutting out the 5'x9' round-cornered rectangle, leaving a few 'tabs' holding it in place as she glances around, seemingly looking for something momentarily, before noticing a nearby fire extinguisher. removing it from it's bracket then cutting the bracket from the wall and bring it over to the partially cut door, she adjusts the straps to fit her arm and holds it sideways against the cut section. asking, "can you bond this in place?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:Conall shrugs and thinks for a moment before shutting his eyes and focusing on an image of his little sister Aggie. The question in his mind is simple.
"Can ye forgive us?"
At first there was silence. Then, a voice spoke. It was warm and pleasant, like a good memory. It wasn't an audible voice, or a visual language. It instead was a language where meaning was felt, not heard. Conall would be able to understand it like he understands his own thoughts. "They would have to be mad at you in the first place in order to forgive you. They are not mad, and never have been."

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Never been a fan of nano-tech," Corp said, before remaining silent on the matter.
Legotron123 wrote:Liz gave a knowing nod at Sal-Hleels words. ”Nanobots can be quite dangerous if you’re not careful with them. Especially if they have a self-replicating capacity.” She said, idlly looking around the table to see if everyone was done.
Sal-Hleel nodded. "That what it would have done. Break things down and make more of itself. But again, The Gilded Dragon destroyed it."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That... would do it, yeah," Messalca replied as Seena 'showed off', talking into the head of one of the autograph hunters after telling them a little of what her power did. Sana sloped off, back to the shop for a six-pack of a drink favoured by Canines. Lots of marrowbone Jelly in the ingredients. It was probably available on the Beacon but she'd not thought to check.
Hivemind laughed. "What does get me laughing is when I offhandedly mention something that just seems normal to me and watch the reactions it gets."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"How come you don't use your sniffer so much," the NotJaken chose to ask the Lycan, now the - heh - pressure was off.
Eira turned her head and looked at Jaken as she held the injured Celican together. "I do. We smell blood and fear particularly strongly. But right now, the smell is everywhere. It doesn't help us find people we can help. In my case, I can feel the water in a person's body to find them, so I don't need to sniff them out."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ack," the boy started, having been discovered with his booty. "I was just... um... I was just..." he stuttered, clearly unable to decide on which fib to use to explain this.
"Bus-ted," Corvis shouted, dragging his attention back to his brother after looking, slack-jawed, at some of the other races around.
"But I wasn't..."
"Relax, Golten," Genevive ordered. "He'll take the same as his brother," she continued, pointing to Corvis, "and I'll have the Hunter's Chicken." She looked at her stunned Cubs. "What? I travelled when I was young. Not always to Celican colonies. Now get a table."
Hivemind nodded and got to work replicating the ingredients. He pulled out another steak and started searing it like the first one. Then he pulled out some chicken breast and some bacon and barbeque sauce and cheese and started fixing the Hunter's Chicken for Genevive. As he was cooking, another him decided to strike up a conversation. "So how have you been getting along? I hope your house is to your liking. Have you taken any time to meet your neighbors?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, I wouldn't worry about it being buckled," Jenny advised lightly, putting a 'reassuring' handpaw of the guards shoulder. "See, my friends here," nodding back to Kol, Quint and the others, "LOVE to show off their power. When they haven't got a communications book to rip in half they take it out on the doors. Don't even need to ask them usually. One of them will probably have ripped it off the hinges or crushed it open somehow by the time I finish this sentence."
------------
Hannabelle, having felt the heat of several eyes on the back of her neck and deciding they weren't just paranoia, decided to scan the door for booby-traps.
Buster wrote:"Maybe i needed something sturdier then." kol states marching over to the blast-door and starting the slow process of cutting a riotshield shaped section out of it with her axe.
Legotron123 wrote:Quint didn’t particularly seem to care if anyone objected to him taking one of the guards weapons, placing one of the pistols into his hammerspace pocket while muttering something about how Mythos would get good use out of it, before walking over to stand next to Kol. ”Let me help. It will go quicker with two of us working on it.” He said before pressing a few buttons on his suit’s control gauntlet, causing some kind of laser blade to be projected over his fist. Once it had formed, Quint used it to start cutting on the side of the door opposite of where Kol was cutting.
Buster wrote:Kol stops short of cutting out the 5'x9' round-cornered rectangle, leaving a few 'tabs' holding it in place as she glances around, seemingly looking for something momentarily, before noticing a nearby fire extinguisher. removing it from it's bracket then cutting the bracket from the wall and bring it over to the partially cut door, she adjusts the straps to fit her arm and holds it sideways against the cut section. asking, "can you bond this in place?"
"Umm..." It seemed the guard wanted to say something, but thought better of it and decided to keep silent.

MT meanwhile idly waited for Kol and Quint to finish what they were doing. "Scans indicate multiple layers to this door. Even if you cut out a layer to use as a shield, there will still be more door left to cut through. I have the strength to open the door, but you will have to give me space."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"One sec, MT," Jenny said before turning back to the guard. " Something up," she asked. "C'mon, the fairer you are with us the fairer we'll get with you after, yeah? Maybe help you relocate if you want? Plus you can talk to us." She shrugged. "Not to mention you're standing right next to us, yeah? It's not booby-trapped or anything I hope?"
--------------------
"You ever get envious," Messalca asked, "of us lot with just one life to live with so much less pressure... Sort of. Not that I haven't enough but running an entire world? Couldn't even fathom it myself."
-------------------
Hannabelle kept her aim on the hole they were making in the door.
------------------
"I sniff for the fresher stuff," The NotJaken said a little awkwardly, not exactly getting why he felt uncomfortable saying it but sensing other feelings. "Fresher means it's still flowing so the person is still alive." He yawned involuntarily.
-----------------
"Oh, we've spent most of the day setting up," Genevive admitted, "so we'll probably start looking around later. Holorooms and theme parks and things like that."
"And getting used to the food," Golten piped up.
"I don't wanna get used to the food" Corvis protested.
"You got a place that doesn't mind you wearing all that... stuff," Golten said, waving a hand at his Brother's clothes. "Trade is gotta eat cooked stuff."
Corvis closed his eyes and grimaced as he thought it over. "Nrrragh, I'll try it... for a bit. But I probably won't like it."
-----------------
Sarah chuckled. "Th' 'portant part've mine is th' protect'd lives ev'ry time. Tha's romance."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol turns to MT to talk as they're finishing up.
"I was sticking the blade of the axe in as far as it would go, and he was doing the same with that shortsword. unless the layers are more than... how long is the glowy part?"

"Sixteen inches."

"thank you. ...Sixteen inches apart, we're cutting through more than just one layer."

as if to demonstrate her point, once the improvised handle is secured in place and strapped around her wounded arm, Kol pulls back and lifts. the edges of her 'shield' while visibly cherry red from the fresh cuts, when they pull free are 12" thick. they also appear to be made of three different metals that have welded together because of the heat.

Kol doesn't seem to be having any trouble carrying that aloy slab, since the way it's attached to her it's putting all of the weight on her forearm not her hand.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Collins nodded at Eira, pulling out a syringe gun and quickly injecting the Celican with numbing agent. Norwood stood beside him, bandaging at the ready, as Collins wrapped a hand around the metal pole and slowly but surely pulled it out. As soon as he had removed it, Norwood firmly pressed the adhesive bandage to the wound, rolling the Celican over slightly and doing the same with his back. He wrapped a bit of gauze around it to hold it in place. The two dogs checked the Celican over, making sure they hadn't missed anything and that that had been the worst of it.

------

"Whatever it is had to be strong enough to withstand those creatures if they ever decided to escape and run amok down here. I'm honestly surprised there wasn't more layers to it," Chris thought aloud.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"pretty sure those things were a case of 'the only defense is a good offense' given the hamburger'd one."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good point, hen. Ah never thought o' it tha' way." Cailean nods thoughtfully.
"An Ah was jokin' aboot tha' stuff. Ah like anythin' wi' lots o' explosions. Especially if it has a good plot. Although th' explosions are rarely realistic. They really need someone like me tae advise them."

~~~~~~~~
Conall gives a start and stares at Hivemind in open-mouthed wonder for a few moments. He quickly forces himself to relax again though and shuts his eyes, once again focusing on Aggie.
"Dae they ken what happened though?" he wonders.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Once Quint was done attaching Kol’s new shield to her arm, he started looking through the suit’s menu. ”Even if we did not cut through all of it, I believe I have something that should cut through the rest. Only problem is, if there is anyone standing in front of the door on the other side, they will be turned into strawberry jam. And considering we need most of them alive, that is not an acceptable trade off.”
-
”I’m not sure what it’s called in this universe, but where we come from that’s called a “grey goo scenario,” and avoiding it is the reason behind most of the various blocks nanobots have.” Liz said, occasionally trying to wave down a waiter to pay now that everyone had finished.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Where father is from their humans call it 'stage one teraformation' according to auntie..." June offers with a shrug, before clarifying, "She went on a bit of a rant about human worlds being boring and samey nano-fabed clones of earth, while we were painting her casing."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:Conall gives a start and stares at Hivemind in open-mouthed wonder for a few moments. He quickly forces himself to relax again though and shuts his eyes, once again focusing on Aggie.
"Dae they ken what happened though?" he wonders.
"They do. They know you were told to kill a school of 600 children, and you refused." the voice said. "They know what other people did to them when you refused, and that other people did it. Not you. You and your brother are not at fault, Conall, and so bare no blame. You made the right choice."

--------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You ever get envious," Messalca asked, "of us lot with just one life to live with so much less pressure... Sort of. Not that I haven't enough but running an entire world? Couldn't even fathom it myself."
"Sometimes." Hivemind said. "It is a lot of pressure, and not very forgiving of mistakes. That said, having billions of bodies and quantum supercomputers hooked up to my brain means I'm always available to address problems, even if some of me is resting."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I sniff for the fresher stuff," The NotJaken said a little awkwardly, not exactly getting why he felt uncomfortable saying it but sensing other feelings. "Fresher means it's still flowing so the person is still alive." He yawned involuntarily.
Deske wrote:Collins nodded at Eira, pulling out a syringe gun and quickly injecting the Celican with numbing agent. Norwood stood beside him, bandaging at the ready, as Collins wrapped a hand around the metal pole and slowly but surely pulled it out. As soon as he had removed it, Norwood firmly pressed the adhesive bandage to the wound, rolling the Celican over slightly and doing the same with his back. He wrapped a bit of gauze around it to hold it in place. The two dogs checked the Celican over, making sure they hadn't missed anything and that that had been the worst of it.
"Doctors, I don't think that's going to be enough. I can still feel him bleeding internally. Go check in the Sparrow you guys took to get here. There should be some bio-foam you can inject into the wound." Eira said to Collins and Norwood.

She turned her attention back on the NotJaken. "I can do that too, but I would have to get a good sniff in, and... Well, blood and fear aren't something that's good for a Lycan to smell too much of. A little bit the same situation as with sharks, except we have better self control."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, we've spent most of the day setting up," Genevive admitted, "so we'll probably start looking around later. Holorooms and theme parks and things like that."
"And getting used to the food," Golten piped up.
"I don't wanna get used to the food" Corvis protested.
"You got a place that doesn't mind you wearing all that... stuff," Golten said, waving a hand at his Brother's clothes. "Trade is gotta eat cooked stuff."
Corvis closed his eyes and grimaced as he thought it over. "Nrrragh, I'll try it... for a bit. But I probably won't like it."
"I can help you find all of that stuff. And we have a bit of everything." Hivemind said to Genevive. A second droid walked up to their table and put the family's food in front of them. "By the way, Corvis, if after trying this steak you still prefer it raw, then you can order it raw. The meat's from a replicator, so there isn't any health risk in serving raw steak."

Legotron123 wrote:”I’m not sure what it’s called in this universe, but where we come from that’s called a “grey goo scenario,” and avoiding it is the reason behind most of the various blocks nanobots have.” Liz said, occasionally trying to wave down a waiter to pay now that everyone had finished.
"I think that what they call it he- Universe?" Sal-Hleel stared at Liz with a puzzled look on his face, then shook his head and continued. "They call it same thing here."
Buster wrote:"Where father is from their humans call it 'stage one teraformation' according to auntie..." June offers with a shrug, before clarifying, "She went on a bit of a rant about human worlds being boring and samey nano-fabed clones of earth, while we were painting her casing."
"That strange. Doesn't agree with what I know of human colonies."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"One sec, MT," Jenny said before turning back to the guard. " Something up," she asked. "C'mon, the fairer you are with us the fairer we'll get with you after, yeah? Maybe help you relocate if you want? Plus you can talk to us." She shrugged. "Not to mention you're standing right next to us, yeah? It's not booby-trapped or anything I hope?"
"Oh... Um..." The rather small and timid guard who's acting like it's his first day on the job hesitated. "I was just going to say... you finished your sentence, but they still have two feet left of door to cut through... But I thought better than to say it..."
Buster wrote:Kol turns to MT to talk as they're finishing up.
"I was sticking the blade of the axe in as far as it would go, and he was doing the same with that shortsword. unless the layers are more than... how long is the glowy part?"

"Sixteen inches."

"thank you. ...Sixteen inches apart, we're cutting through more than just one layer."

as if to demonstrate her point, once the improvised handle is secured in place and strapped around her wounded arm, Kol pulls back and lifts. the edges of her 'shield' while visibly cherry red from the fresh cuts, when they pull free are 12" thick. they also appear to be made of three different metals that have welded together because of the heat.

Kol doesn't seem to be having any trouble carrying that aloy slab, since the way it's attached to her it's putting all of the weight on her forearm not her hand.
Deske wrote:"Whatever it is had to be strong enough to withstand those creatures if they ever decided to escape and run amok down here. I'm honestly surprised there wasn't more layers to it," Chris thought aloud.
"Indeed. Scans indicate this door is a little over two feet thick, with a foot wide core designed to repel energy weapons. They really didn't want anyone or anything getting through." MT stated, scanning the door. "Doesn't seem like they booby trapped it though. I would wager there are a number of guards with their weapons pointed at the door, ready to shoot whomever opens it."
Legotron123 wrote:Once Quint was done attaching Kol’s new shield to her arm, he started looking through the suit’s menu. ”Even if we did not cut through all of it, I believe I have something that should cut through the rest. Only problem is, if there is anyone standing in front of the door on the other side, they will be turned into strawberry jam. And considering we need most of them alive, that is not an acceptable trade off.”
"Hello, My name is MT-694. Chris is my pilot. I am a nine-foot tall war mech with enough strength to lift and throw a 188 ton Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus. My skills include fighting, shooting things, blowing things up, scanning objects in .5 microseconds, knowledge of every known human language and some known to dolphins, and opening heavy doors. Nice to meet you." the giant mech stated, his voice dripping with as much sarcasm as a robot's voice can muster. "Now, I see a heavy door that needs opening. That falls within my skill set. Could you please stand aside so Chris and I can get to work?"
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana giggled at MT's sarcasm. "You! I like you!" She turned to the guard with a tilt of the head. "So, you know anything that might come in handy for us? Like, say, anything else like those genetic freak shows we run into a few floors up? The more intel we have the the better we can avoid fatalities and better secure the facility from all the shenanigans that's been going on."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Go for it, MaTe," Jenny mentioned to MT. "Just to be fair though," she added, "if you can connect to their comm system, warn them you're coming through, eh?" She turned back to their 'friend'. "Or you can do it." She smiled slightly. " You're right about the door, lthough Kol did do a lot of damage to it, hmm? What is your name, by the way?"
Behind them, Hannabelle took aim, keeping low so her fire would be past MT's legs when he opened the door. "If you're not a big lump of metal," she growled, "get back from the door!" She spared a glance for the Colonel. She wasn't sure but she thought she might have dealt with him before, procurement being a division she'd had to work with from time to time.
"She probably has a point," Jenny agreed, taking the guard away slightly. "C'mon, Kol, Quint."
---------------
Corvis tried the meat as soon as he sat down, ignoring the cutlery and just ripping a chunk out. He made several faces, screwing his eyes shut and poking his tongue out as he chewed before deciding "it's not... totally disgusting" and trying another bite.
Genevive, not wanting to get barbecue sauce all over her handpaws, used the cutlery inexpertly as Golten looked nosily at other peoples plates and wondered what the strange little lumps (new potatoes) were.
--------------
"Well, if you ever feel like it," Messalca offered, "I don't imagine the folks here would mind if you ever came to just sit in the park for a time. Feed the Ducks* or something."
--------------
"I've met June, yeah," the NotJaken grinned, wondering how his friend was today. "There many more buildings to check," he asked, trying not to think too much about energy drinks.
--------------
"We're not from here, quite," Corp mentioned quietly, feeling no need to keep it secret from Sal-Hleel or June. "Our ship hit an anomaly. A... hole in space. We sent out a help signal and the Beacon picked it up."
--------------
"Y'outta ask a Hive, hen," Sarah replied. "Bettin' there's least one filum comp'ny up 'ere?"

*Or closest Celican equivalent to a Duck anyhow.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, i don't know how things work here, but from what she was going on about, over there they like to drop terraformers full of the stuff so that they can optimize the entire planet for human colonists from the core up. which apparently leads to incredibly boring planets."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Quint followed Jenny’s instructions and stepped off to the side, letting MT get to the door to make use of his skill set. ”You know, I am a little surprised I managed to forget the big guy was here. I believe that hit may have done more damage to Kolt’s brain then we previously thought.” He said to Jenny, sounding oddly casual about the possibility of his friend receiving brain damage.
-
Liz winced a little at the type of terraforming technology June mentioned. ”We tried technology like that in our universe once, a few hundred years ago. It didn’t exactly go well. The Earth nearly blew itself up. Not really humanity’s proudest moment.” She said, likely raising a few questions about why they were trying to terraform the Earth.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, you were just laser focussed, Quint," Jenny counselled. "Mind you, we should probably have all of us checked by the Doctors for bashes and bruises after, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"considering you're talking about yourself in third person for no reason, pretty sure that's not a maybe." the second HK deadpans, rolling his eyes.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Collins grinned for a second before replying, "I'd hope he's bleeding internally. Generally that's where the blood belongs." Norwood groaned as he undid the bandaging, "Who's idea was it to perform second echelon medical care at a first echelon level..." He swapped places with Collins, heading off to the dropship at an almost uninterested looking pace. Collins watched him leave before turning back to Eira from his position next to the Celican, "Sorry about him. I think he misses home..." A couple minutes later Norwood returned with the biogel, and began filling the hole left by the pipe.

------

"Nothin' like good ol' destruction to really bring a day together," he said, pulling back a claw to slam into the door. He paused at the apex, "Though I feel like there's something more to this..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aye, he seems tae hae everythin'." Cailean agrees before noticing the tears running down Conall's face. He touches his brother's arm and the bigger dog opens his eyes.
"Conall? What's th' matter? Are ye okay?" he signs.
"Aye... Ask Hivemind. He'll explain." Conall signs back, at a loss for words to describe his emotions.
"Mister Hivemind?" Cailean asks aloud, "What's goin' on?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters