HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Gameb18oy »

Snapper smiled as he tried to figure out which eye to focus on as he spoke, not wanting to be rude. ... huh, kinda expected they’d be different colors since you’re a cat... sorry that’s not what you asked. I’m guessing you want specifics? Didn’t exactly memorize the words, and they weren’t recording like that fight, but despite being desperate your brother Chris seemed reluctant about the plan even in spite of how thin he is, I honestly kinda wonder if he was really gonna go as far as your sis wanted... kinda was hard to pick up all of their tone, but I got anger from her and nerves for him... He looked about the eyes again, trying to guess the lioness’s expression from his perch. “think Kass mentioned something about not anything besides... I didn’t really here it well but it sounded like curl (squirrel)Not sure if that’s important but I think he only agreed to help because she made him focus on his own hunger” ... he turned to one of her ears moving to it careful not to end up scratching her. “being honest, it wouldn’t be hard for me to see him losing his will to go through with it if they had gotten the chance to go further in their attempt on poor Sally. Maybe he wasn’t even planning to himself seeing how stubborn your sis is, maybe he figured it be safer for Sally if he went along with the plan so he could get the girl away from Kass. Might be conjecture, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility”
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:In the background she notices the husky in the eye-catching leather jacket. She's pretty sure she's seen him working in the shop opposite hers but, noticing the cords running to his ears, decides not to disturb him, focusing instead on the unfortunate pair in front of her.
"Hm?" Even though the husky is still focused on the song journeying in his ears, he took notice of a rabbit looking at him briefly. Walking over and removing the one ear bud from his ear, he politely taps the rabbit on her shoulder, making sure his jacket's spikes didn't scratch, "Pardon the interruption" he begins "But you don't happen to work at the Antique store, do you?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Keeshah wrote:I take it, your the one who mauled these two?
Just stay way over there, and we wont have a problem..
"Not maul, beat." Deus corrected. "Maul means tear, shred, imply use teeth or claws. Maul implies intent kill. Beat is with fists and blunt object. Beat when maul available option imply intent not kill."
Roarin wrote:Got it”. Senka nods, following behind the vet over to the two injured mountain lions. Glancing over at Deus she positioned herself between the bear and her owner, before her attention to Chris.
Deus rolled his eyes at the lack of trust despite it being made very clear he only hurt the mountain lions to protect a human, but he stayed where he was away from Kandi.
Keeshah wrote:That's nice, what are there names?
"My... my name is Chris." the male said. "My sister's name is Kassandra."
Keeshah wrote:She starts examining the cougars..
Don't worry i'm a vet. So where does it hurt?
Getting gauze an bandages out of the go bag, along with anti-septic spray. straying then binding the wounds that are bleeding.
"Everywhere..." Kassandra stated. She was having trouble breathing, indicating possible broken ribs. She was showing signs of a concussion. In fact, they both were starting to sound a bit tired, indicating both of them had mild concussions.
Roarin wrote:Look, we’re not even supposed to be in the same territory once we grew up. Ma said to only help each other in emergencies. Which... okay I guess this counts.” Senka never personally understood the bond between her brother and sister... she was definitely the most independent of the three. Though, now that she was spending all this time around humans. She saw the benefits of camaraderie.
She grumbled again. “Alright well regardless you’re alive. And I guess that’s definitely better than seeing you guys dead.” Was there some relief in her voice? Maybe. “We’ll figure things out one step at a time. For now Kandi here’s gonna get you patched up. Oh yeah, and umm. My name is Senka now so... you should probably start calling me that.”
"Senka..." Chris said. "Not a bad name. Ma didn't want us to leave. Stories of hunters in the area, a mountain lion going missing, men with guns... Seemed nowhere would be safe to go. We snuck out on our own when it was clear the area couldn't support all of us..." Chris said, sounding a little tired.

Kassandra scowled at Senka for a bit, then seemed to give up on her anger. "It's good to see you're alive too..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Mister..." Sally swallowed. "Mister Deus won't, um, hurt you, Miss Vet,\|" she said, "he only hurt them be...because they were going to, um, hurt me." She rubbed her arms.
"He's a hero," Juniper affirmed. "I'm told he has a few scars," the blind Mouse continued, " but that doesn't mean he's not nice."
"More than a few scars." Flash said. "These two aren't the first predators he's fought, and they probably won't be the last. He's got a bit of a protective papa-bear instinct when it comes to small things like me. Or you. Or Sally." he explained to both Juniper and Sally. "If you get him to like you, which is easy if you're small 'cause he thinks small things are cute, don't tell him I said that, then he's going to be your biggest hero. A gentle giant, and personal guardian."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sally put her hand around one of Deus's fingers. SHE trusted him.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Kilo sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry for your losses, Nadia," he said slowly. "It's often the hopeful hit hardest by their experiences with those who refuse to share their desire. They find fear and hatred and that reflects in their own fear and hate. And it magnifies each time." He looked up at her. "I'm only thankful that you found what she was looking for. Family that loves you." He gave her a small smirk before continuing, "and then you found a Rabbit that loves you and shares your hope too. You have seen that, although capable of great cruelty as a species, as an individual humans are capable of the greatest charity and kindness, my dear. Now we need to show your sister, the one who lived due to the help of those who refused to hate and fear one they should have hated and feared, that the same can apply to her." He picked himself up and sauntered over to Nadia's shoulder. "Hope only dies if we let it, dear girl," he said before sitting down again.
"yeah" the vixen chucked "Sometimes I just wondered why me."
Hlaoroo wrote:"So... What did you do?" Flynn asks quietly, putting a comforting paw on Nadia's leg.
"I.....did what i gotta do. She wasn't waiting for me to be there to stop her, of course, so when we actually came face to face things were already in motion." Nadia replied, placing her own on Flynn's "I prepared for it for years, when something like that happen to someone, you gotta accept that anything can happen to them, you know. So I did, or I thought I did anyway. It wouldn't be easy but it would be...... I don't know, less difficult if you know, she actually went off the rail, you know, like in the movies where someone turns mad or go evil villain and all that nonsense. I was prepared to accept that the fox I looked up to so much, the one that gave me a chance at life, that gave me this very name, was gone. It would have been easier, in a twisted sort of way." she said, rubbing the back of her head with a sigh

"But she wasn't. She was still right there, I could still hear the confidence in her voice, see that gentleness behind those eyes, the pain in ever drop of her tears. They were all there, they were all real, she was real, unchanged, the one person without whom I wouldn't even be here was still there... And I guess it made it that much harder. When I saw her laying there, broken, her last effort to try to help those she love shattered, I-" the vixen then paused, realizing something, then laughed sheepishly as in to lighten up the mood

"Sorry, sorry, I'm making this worse than it is. She lives, don't worry about it, don't worry." she continued "Though.....It's true that we both faced Death that night, not the first for me, but this was the most terrifying. She was everything for me, I owed more to her than I can ever put to word, and seeing her blood on my paws, facing the realization that I may well have killed the fox that I know and love, one that until that very moment, still loved me....." the fox sighed again, seemingly stressed out as she rubbed between her eyes

"But I can't stop you know, it's a very big difference between going into a fight accepting that you will loose everything and going into one with so much to loose. And I have too much to loose now. I was afraid, not only for her sake, but even my own. I never thought I would have this kind of thinking again, but I was afraid to die. I was afraid of not being able to see, to talk to you, or anyone ever again. My brain torn between having to fight her at all, and fighting so I can see everyone again. Sorry, sorry" she stopped again, snapping out of her own thoughts. After taking a deep breathe, Nadia held Flynn's paw slightly tighten "Sorry, I've been thinking to myself too much. Anyway, I was overjoy when I heard that she lives. She's with someone else now, new friends who I hope would help her to be her old self again. As for me, I wanted nothing more than to come back, to hug you tightly, to do all the shenanigans we do, anything really, because my nightmare was over, and all I want now was to be with you forever."

"But nothing lasts forever Flynn" the vixen said with a sad smile "All my life I've learned to deal with any problems by fighting, given enough time I can fight all who would threaten my loved ones.....But I can't fight Death, and even worse, down the path I took, Death had came knocking. This time I didn't lose my sister, but this won't be the last, next time she could be gone, or it could be any of you guys. Even if I turn over a new leaf now, Death would still come for us all. I can't bare the thought of seeing you passing, even less so the thought of you witnessing mine......So, I stayed here. As long as you don't see me, we can always assume that the other is still out there, living, hopefully with a happy life. I know it's a silly idea, of course, but, the thought that I will loose everyone, and there's nothing I can do about it, is horrifying, and well...........yeah" she ended with a sheepish smile "that's why I'm here."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Love," Kilo mused. "It's a complex emotion, isn't it?" He sighed sadly. "I remember the first time I ever met my Mary. It was springtime and the wheat was up in the field and, after leaving the academic's house due to an outbreak of Felines, I was passing through, looking for a way out of town when I saw her. Five inches tall if she was a centimetre, sparkling eyes, fur that shone in the sun and teeth that could bite through three wheat stalks at once if she tried.
She didn't even laugh when I was so distracted by her that I tripped over a pebble and landed in a waterlogged bootprint. She just came down and offered me an ear of wheat to help me get out. I stayed with her - or, rather, she stayed with me - for several seasons of passion, love, hardship and fights. Hoo, yes, there were fights. We'd end up throwing things at each other before embracing and making up. I remember all those days, evenings and nights, Nadia.[color]" He sighed. "Just like I remember the bad days.
The children who went out and never came back. The look on her face that talked of disasters even before she spoke. The look on her face that final day even.
" He almost stopped there but forced himself on. "You hear that people can... can live with 'just love' but I don't think those people know what love really is. You can't... you cannot value something until you know what it is to lose something. That teaches you to hang on to what you have, yes. And the strongest love, like I think you two have, is the one whee two people who want the same thing come together and provide each other with strength and loyalty. Like I did for Mary. Like she still doesfor me. Oh, yes. When I really need an answer, I think of the advice she would give me so she's never really gone, you know? She's still with me, even now. And she reminds me that, even if it meant all the hurt again, I'd do everything the same. Because without pain, there is no love. Without skinning my leg against a pebble," he added wistfully, "so many lives would have changed. And probably for the worst. Embrace love, dear girl. Embrace it for all it is." He whispered in her ear. "If you like, that's a cue to kiss him!"
-------------
Chip hopped across onto Rudders paw as Leslie playfully pretended to grab her again, pulling up way short to prove he didn't mean it. "I'm always up for a check up," she commented lightly, taking her little coat off before automatically responding 'yes, I do' when the new Dog asked if Piper lived at the antiques store. "Sorry, you meant Piper, yeah," she added, doing a twirl on Rudders' paw
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

CyberDragon wrote: "Not maul, beat." Deus corrected. "Maul means tear, shred, imply use teeth or claws. Maul implies intent kill. Beat is with fists and blunt object. Beat when maul available option imply intent not kill."

Well. then i stand corrected.
Roarin wrote:Got it”. Senka nods, following behind the vet over to the two injured mountain lions. Glancing over at Deus she positioned herself between the bear and her owner, before her attention to Chris.

Feeling something start to crawl up her body Senka twisted and turned around, trying her best to see. After listening to the small mouse she gently reached behind her and scooped the mouse up and placed him on the top of her head.
Well, I’d like to avoid favoritism at all. If it got back to Ma she’d probably skin me alive... but.” Senka paused for a few thoughtful seconds. “Tell me if you think it’ll help.”

Kandi cackles..
Be careful there, Senka. You know the human saying, "speak of the devil and he will appear."
You think Momma cougar is prowling about somewhere near, looking for these two?

[/quote]
CyberDragon wrote:"My... my name is Chris." the male said. "My sister's name is Kassandra."

"Everywhere..." Kassandra stated. She was having trouble breathing, indicating possible broken ribs. She was showing signs of a concussion. In fact, they both were starting to sound a bit tired, indicating both of them had mild concussions.

Kandi gets out stethoscope, and listens to Kassandra's labored breathing. switches it out with the light pen and shine it in each of their eyes.
Well Senka, they are not going to die of these injuries. But they are in desperate need of going on a feeding program. but i don't have what i need to do intravenous feeding here with me.
We're going to need to get them back to the clinic sooner then possible.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um,Sally said, "you could.. you could call them? I... I have a phone?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Gameb18oy wrote:Snapper smiled as he tried to figure out which eye to focus on as he spoke, not wanting to be rude. ... huh, kinda expected they’d be different colors since you’re a cat... sorry that’s not what you asked. I’m guessing you want specifics? Didn’t exactly memorize the words, and they weren’t recording like that fight, but despite being desperate your brother Chris seemed reluctant about the plan even in spite of how thin he is, I honestly kinda wonder if he was really gonna go as far as your sis wanted... kinda was hard to pick up all of their tone, but I got anger from her and nerves for him... He looked about the eyes again, trying to guess the lioness’s expression from his perch. “think Kass mentioned something about not anything besides... I didn’t really here it well but it sounded like curl (squirrel)Not sure if that’s important but I think he only agreed to help because she made him focus on his own hunger” ... he turned to one of her ears moving to it careful not to end up scratching her. “being honest, it wouldn’t be hard for me to see him losing his will to go through with it if they had gotten the chance to go further in their attempt on poor Sally. Maybe he wasn’t even planning to himself seeing how stubborn your sis is, maybe he figured it be safer for Sally if he went along with the plan so he could get the girl away from Kass. Might be conjecture, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility”

"If I remember she always did tend to leap before she... looked. Though she usually has Ma around to bail her out if things get dicey."

Keeshah wrote:Kandi cackles..You think Momma cougar is prowling about somewhere near, looking for these two?
"Well she's the one who taught us how to hunt and survive... she could probably track us from anywhere in these woods without us knowing..." The puma reflexively looked around the area, as if a middle-aged mountain-lion might come barreling out of some bushes at any minute.
Keeshah wrote:Kandi gets out stethoscope, and listens to Kassandra's labored breathing. switches it out with the light pen and shine it in each of their eyes.
Well Senka, they are not going to die of these injuries. But they are in desperate need of going on a feeding program. but i don't have what i need to do intravenous feeding here with me.
"Do we have enough room to load them in the back? It beats lugging a bear-powered cart through the woods."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um,Sally said, "you could.. you could call them? I... I have a phone?"
Senka nodded. "It would definitely help if they knew we were coming. I think I remembered the number if you wanna give them a call for us."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Up you come, Lucky!" Piper grins, hauling her boyfriend to his feet.
Gameb18oy wrote: Rudder took a bit to respond, kids were always a little tricky to follow the conversations of... he just gave a light scowl to Oreo, expecting that would be enough to know the hungry look on the skunk was not something he'd support while performing for them. He then turned to the little mouse. "Well I'm just glad you're alright miss. My tail is pretty sturdy, so it honestly could have hurt you if that fall had been much worse... In fact" He put out a paw for her to get on while moving a little closer to the rabbit to look over Lucky. "Do you mind getting on so I can look you over a bit? I can't really stop a vet visit, but I can make sure there's nothing you'd need to worry about a well meaning human seeing as a reason to take either of you in." He took into account what Piper had said. ”Personally, the skunk worried me more than Leslie... are you vet’s pet as well Piper? I’m not exactly used to an animal taking note if I get hurt. It’s honestly a little odd to be experiencing.”
Lucky accepts his girlfriend's paw and steadies himself on his feet.Turning to Rudder he says, "Hey, don't worry about it. Not the first time it's happened to me. ...Or the second time."
--------------
Serence Frostbite wrote:
"But nothing lasts forever Flynn" the vixen said with a sad smile "All my life I've learned to deal with any problems by fighting, given enough time I can fight all who would threaten my loved ones.....But I can't fight Death, and even worse, down the path I took, Death had came knocking. This time I didn't lose my sister, but this won't be the last, next time she could be gone, or it could be any of you guys. Even if I turn over a new leaf now, Death would still come for us all. I can't bare the thought of seeing you passing, even less so the thought of you witnessing mine......So, I stayed here. As long as you don't see me, we can always assume that the other is still out there, living, hopefully with a happy life. I know it's a silly idea, of course, but, the thought that I will loose everyone, and there's nothing I can do about it, is horrifying, and well...........yeah" she ended with a sheepish smile "that's why I'm here."
Ryyn finally speaks up. "That seems silly. Why not stay together and then you'd know that you were both living happy lives."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sally put her hand around one of Deus's fingers. SHE trusted him.
Deus simply looked down at Sally. His face softened, and he smiled appreciatively.
Roarin wrote:
"If I remember she always did tend to leap before she... looked. Though she usually has Ma around to bail her out if things get dicey."
"I'm careful... when... I can... afford to be..." Kassandra said.
"Don't put this all on Kass." Chris said. "I could have stopped it... But I wanted food too."
Keeshah wrote:Kandi cackles..
Be careful there, Senka. You know the human saying, "speak of the devil and he will appear."
You think Momma cougar is prowling about somewhere near, looking for these two?
Roarin wrote:"Well she's the one who taught us how to hunt and survive... she could probably track us from anywhere in these woods without us knowing..." The puma reflexively looked around the area, as if a middle-aged mountain-lion might come barreling out of some bushes at any minute.
"Oh... DOG no..." Kassandra says to the idea of her mother showing up and seeing them like this.
Keeshah wrote:Kandi gets out stethoscope, and listens to Kassandra's labored breathing. switches it out with the light pen and shine it in each of their eyes.
Roarin wrote:"Do we have enough room to load them in the back? It beats lugging a bear-powered cart through the woods."
Deus stepped back to the cart and grabbed the handles. He started pulling it and the two lions along behind him again. "You have truck? If so, point in direction. I pull them to it, then load in vehicle." He said. They were in the middle of the woods, and the vehicle and camp site were not visible through the trees. "I want them off of land, and I want Sally safe. I not want them dead."
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

WeirdGamer wrote: Lucky accepts his girlfriend's paw and steadies himself on his feet.Turning to Rudder he says, "Hey, don't worry about it. Not the first time it's happened to me. ...Or the second time."

Yaa, for having 4 lucky feets, he is pretty unlucky..

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

CyberDragon wrote:
Roarin wrote:
"I'm careful... when... I can... afford to be..." Kassandra said.
"Don't put this all on Kass." Chris said. "I could have stopped it... But I wanted food too."

I can't say that admitting to trying to hunt a human is going to go well with the authorities.
Looking up at Senka.
I took quite a while for the general population to trust Senka... somewhat..
She pats the cougars..
But don't worry about that now, just concentrate on staying alive..
Roarin wrote:"Do we have enough room to load them in the back? It beats lugging a bear-powered cart through the woods."

Sure we do, but we will have to leave are camping gear behind..
CyberDragon wrote:Deus stepped back to the cart and grabbed the handles. He started pulling it and the two lions along behind him again. "You have truck? If so, point in direction. I pull them to it, then load in vehicle." He said. They were in the middle of the woods, and the vehicle and camp site were not visible through the trees. "I want them off of land, and I want Sally safe. I not want them dead."

it's back that way, the direction we came from.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sally followed on, making sure she left no Mice behind, as Juniper piped up. "Well," she told Kandy and Senka, "Probably better you call them? Sally COULD call but..." she squeezed Flash's paw for support as she realised she was lecturing a Cougar. "If a child called and said she was bringing in two wounded Cougars with a Bear... Would YOU believe her?"
---------------
"Knot even the thurty-furstest time it's happuned to Lucky," Leslie joked, wondering what Oreo had.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn is quiet for a few moments, thinking carefully before he speaks. "Honey, death is a natural part of life. It reminds us to enjoy ourselves while we can and to spend as much time as possible with our loved ones. And it highlights to us just how much we care about our friends and family. The way I see it, you really only lose your loved ones when you give up on them. They can always watch down on you from Heaven and as long as you still remember them then they're always with you. And anyway, you said no one has died yet so why be sad? Why mope around? Especially when we need you back home. I need you back home."
The buck sighs and rests his head on Nadia's shoulder.
"Your sister wouldn't want you moping around up here and nor do I. It's not good for you, hiding up here, languishing in your own melancholy. Come back with us, please. You said yourself it's what you really want." he finishes, gazing into her eyes pleadingly.

~~~~
"Heh, no, I'm not, Rudder. I work in-" Piper breaks off as the new dog approaches.
"Heh, yeah, the antique shop. Yeah, I'm Piper. You're the new dog from across the street. The music store, right?" she answers him, offering a paw.

~~~~
Simon snorts, unimpressed with both Nola's humour and the encouragement.
"Does he have a gun? Never seen a human I liked that had a gun. Mind you, never seen a human I liked anyway so..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh, no, I'm not, Rudder. I work in-" Piper breaks off as the new dog approaches.
"Heh, yeah, the antique shop. Yeah, I'm Piper. You're the new dog from across the street. The music store, right?" she answers him, offering a paw.
"That's right!" the husky replies, taking her paw, his spikes shining in the sun, "Name's Kryo Lawless and, as you guess, I run the music store, Music United! Well, I run it when my owner isn't there, which is about 90% of the time, heh" A big ole' grin formed on his face showcasing his teeth as he introduced himself.
Last edited by SeanWolf on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Knot even the thurty-furstest time it's happuned to Lucky," Leslie joked, wondering what Oreo had.
He has had bad lucks DAT many times..?!!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"There is one," Thomas confirmed, "legally owned and safely locked away in the house for if it's ever needed. Other than target shooting at the Range every couple of months it's never been used. And I don't intend it ever will be," he added, stressing the last words with obvious distaste for the item. "A local security company has CCTV set up in a couple of places and the gate has a code lock. Which I will give you if you're with us." He moved so, although he kept a safe, respectful, distance from Simon, the Tod could see him. "I want you to stay because you feel safe, Simon, not because you're in a cage." He nodded to Nola. "And because she wants you to stay, bad jokes and all."
Nola leaned in closer. "Liking him is one thing," she said quietly, "but you can use the hospitality and free food whilst you decide, can't you?"
-------------
"Alwaes bownces back tho," Leslie admitted, feeling respect for the Rabbity resilience.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

WeirdGamer wrote: Ryyn finally speaks up. "That seems silly. Why not stay together and then you'd know that you were both living happy lives."
"Because that's a good thing." Nadia explained "Humans often say stuff like "too much of a good thing can make you sick" , but that's a lie, or at least, not true for the rest of us. Our lives are too short for us to even discover half all of the good things we can experience, and so things like this, seeing Flynn happy, seeing everyone happy really, is a good thing, a good thing that will come to an end, and the better that good thing is, the more the pain will be when we lose it."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Love," Kilo mused. "It's a complex emotion, isn't it?" He sighed sadly. "I remember the first time I ever met my Mary. It was springtime and the wheat was up in the field and, after leaving the academic's house due to an outbreak of Felines, I was passing through, looking for a way out of town when I saw her. Five inches tall if she was a centimetre, sparkling eyes, fur that shone in the sun and teeth that could bite through three wheat stalks at once if she tried.
She didn't even laugh when I was so distracted by her that I tripped over a pebble and landed in a waterlogged bootprint. She just came down and offered me an ear of wheat to help me get out. I stayed with her - or, rather, she stayed with me - for several seasons of passion, love, hardship and fights. Hoo, yes, there were fights. We'd end up throwing things at each other before embracing and making up. I remember all those days, evenings and nights, Nadia.[color]" He sighed. "Just like I remember the bad days.
The children who went out and never came back. The look on her face that talked of disasters even before she spoke. The look on her face that final day even.
" He almost stopped there but forced himself on. "You hear that people can... can live with 'just love' but I don't think those people know what love really is. You can't... you cannot value something until you know what it is to lose something. That teaches you to hang on to what you have, yes. And the strongest love, like I think you two have, is the one whee two people who want the same thing come together and provide each other with strength and loyalty. Like I did for Mary. Like she still doesfor me. Oh, yes. When I really need an answer, I think of the advice she would give me so she's never really gone, you know? She's still with me, even now. And she reminds me that, even if it meant all the hurt again, I'd do everything the same. Because without pain, there is no love. Without skinning my leg against a pebble," he added wistfully, "so many lives would have changed. And probably for the worst. Embrace love, dear girl. Embrace it for all it is." He whispered in her ear. "If you like, that's a cue to kiss him!"
Hlaoroo wrote:Flynn is quiet for a few moments, thinking carefully before he speaks. "Honey, death is a natural part of life. It reminds us to enjoy ourselves while we can and to spend as much time as possible with our loved ones. And it highlights to us just how much we care about our friends and family. The way I see it, you really only lose your loved ones when you give up on them. They can always watch down on you from Heaven and as long as you still remember them then they're always with you. And anyway, you said no one has died yet so why be sad? Why mope around? Especially when we need you back home. I need you back home."
The buck sighs and rests his head on Nadia's shoulder.
"Your sister wouldn't want you moping around up here and nor do I. It's not good for you, hiding up here, languishing in your own melancholy. Come back with us, please. You said yourself it's what you really want." he finishes, gazing into her eyes pleadingly.

"Thanks guys" the fox continued with a sad smile "And I can't say that you're wrong, I do wish that things were easy so I can have my own "happily ever after" here. But things aren't easy." she stopped, taking a drink
"It's true, my sister survived, but there was a moment that we all thought she didn't. Because of me. My life was dedicated to protecting her, like she once did for me when no one else would. Needless to say, I went off the road somewhere and that night could have been the night that my life end." she sighed. The crackling flame slowly but surely began to waver

"We come from different world, you and I. Back home, things WERE easy. We strive everyday to survive, as individuals first and as a community second. Your strength defines who you are and how much valid your will is against others. Everyone is strong, not only because they're expected to be so but also because they would have died from their inability to defend themselves otherwise. When a conflict happen, the stronger comes out on top. It's simple as that."

"You're different. Among these forests of concrete and steels you're taught and raised not to solve conflict through strength and confrontation, but through words and negotiations, not from a higher position of advantage but from equal standing. And so, unlike my people who can fight even at a young age when lives are on the line, most of you cannot defend yourself, cannot defend another, and through my time traveling, I've learned that even if you could, your actions here can have consequences that people like me can never see coming. I had a friend who was a victim in another kidnapping, when I tried to rescue him, four men died, and the guy lost his leg. Then Piper got kidnapped, and my hesitation, not wanting to risk her life resulted in all of us get hurt and you getting shot, and through me trying to protect everyone, my sister, who are stronger than I can ever be, could have died by my hand.............I don't wanna accept it, honestly, but among you, violence isn't a viable solution anymore, I don't know if it ever was to begin with. Yet, that's all I know, and my action risks lives. Can you say for certain that my misstep won't one day end up with any or everyone among you getting killed? Because I can't. I don't know if there's a heaven or not, but for now I can see are living people, and I don't want anyone to lose their lives. What else can I do but be here where it's more familiar, when your world is so alien that even after 2 years, I still don't know how to fit in among you? It's like blindingly trying to learn how to swim in a mucky sea at night, and, while I love you Flynn, I love you very much, I just simply too tired to try, especially since I don't even know where to start"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's not exactly true," Kilo sighed, "that violence has no place in a civilised society, dearest Nadia. Back at the silo, I engaged in discussions and arguments on the way the colony should go and grow. On the ways forward. The reason I won some of the arguments - and some of the hearts, so to speak - was the fact that we were under attack situations. We had times when the strongest amongst us bayed for revenge for slights and losses. Sometimes I won. Not always, of course, but attitudes changed. Not just because of the words of peace but because of the violence itself. It's gone through history the same way. Civil disobedience and civil reformation have gone hand in paw, Nadia. It's the application that is important. It's the knowledge that peace is the best way out of a situation and that is only re-enforced by the knowledge that there is a different way out of it available. Put it simply, if I stood in front of a bunch of Felines and told them peace was the way forward between their good selves and Mice?" Kilo chuckled bitterly. "It would be a very short speech, hmm? But, if I stood there, on your shoulder? I would not only deliver the whole speech but leave safely knowing that they heard my words and some of them may see the truth of them." He patted her neck. "Reason and fear, my dear, when properly marshalled, are powerful allies. This takes some people their entire life to learn. Some others never do! The thing... the thing you have to accept is that, whatever you do, people die. That's one of the few certainties in life, dearheart. None of us can change that for any of us. And how do we cope with it, hmm? How do we manage that fear? By reasoning with it. By new experiences and sensations. Conversations and memories. By what we leave behind." He gave a slight smile. "I intend to live forever, Nadia. I can't do it physically but those I've taught and talked to, those who have learned off me? THEY will go on. THEY will take my words, thoughts and deeds to the next generation, mixed with the knowledge and physical experiences of others, and then THAT generation will take their experiences and the words and events that shaped them and they'll pass that on. Violence and reason serving each other down through the centuries from here on in, just as now is based on the same through history. I say we shape the world, Nadia, little by little, and we do that easier when we're together, don't you think? Oh, and you ask when you start? You started some time back. Look around you. A Fox with a Rabbit, a Human, a Dog and a Mouse. Trust me, you're way past the start line."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Knot even the thurty-furstest time it's happuned to Lucky," Leslie joked, wondering what Oreo had.
He has had bad lucks DAT many times..?!!
"Well, no, I haven't been seriously injured that many times," says Lucky. After a brief moment pause he quietly adds, "Well...almost that many times."

Lucky looks at the newcomer. "Pet met up day at the park, apparently."
------------------
Ryyn shrugs. "I dunno, I don't need a bunch of big words to know what I know. And I know that life's pretty good, and good things are worth having, and it doesn't matter how long. As long as you had them."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Rudder chuckled at Lucky's response, brushing aside some fur at spots he saw traces of dirt and such on. "... No scrapes or anything, so thats good, little surprised I don't see any scar tissue if they aren't trying to worry me about how familiar I'll get seeing you at the clinic." He turned down to look over Chip some, moving her closer to his eyes so he wouldn't miss any problems he caused considering her smaller frame. He gave his hand to the husky briefly, resisting the urge to see if he was trained to shake. "Nice to meet you Kyro, nice to see I won't be alone as a working pet, though I'm a mildly more traditional worker. I can't do anything major, but as a vet pet, come by if you have anything minor you'd rather not have to risk a vet trip to my mom." He moved his free paw back to work with chip a bit, making sure he was careful with his digits. "... body seems alright, how's your tail feel though?"
-----------
Snapper looked confused by the lions' fearful talk of mothers. "What she gonna get upset about? Nobody ended up dead with you guys around" An unintentional insult he'd hurled at the carnivores who'd been hunting for a meal. He turned to Senka again "Man what a specimen you are! I have a feeling even when she gets fed Kass is more likely to try and eat me than to hold a pose, you think you'd be fine posing for me when I get my camera back later?" The first hint the mouse was aware of the predators ability to threaten him, and it didn't seem like he got that was probably exactly what Kass would do if given the chance. "Oh, and hey, why are you guys out here again? You just camping or it something else?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Gameb18oy wrote:"Nice to meet you Kyro, nice to see I won't be alone as a working pet, though I'm a mildly more traditional worker. I can't do anything major, but as a vet pet, come by if you have anything minor you'd rather not have to risk a vet trip to my mom."

Sooo....a pet vet.. they practice stinging pets with those glass bees on you?? or how to hold you still to have a temperature taken.. orr orr orr
-----------
Gameb18oy wrote:Snapper looked confused by the lions' fearful talk of mothers. "What she gonna get upset about? Nobody ended up dead with you guys around" An unintentional insult he'd hurled at the carnivores who'd been hunting for a meal. He turned to Senka again "Man what a specimen you are! I have a feeling even when she gets fed Kass is more likely to try and eat me than to hold a pose, you think you'd be fine posing for me when I get my camera back later?" The first hint the mouse was aware of the predators ability to threaten him, and it didn't seem like he got that was probably exactly what Kass would do if given the chance. "Oh, and hey, why are you guys out here again? You just camping or it something else?"
You probably don't want me to answer that..
but Senka wanted to know if i could live off the land like a feral pet. an i wanted to see if becoming tame had dulled her hunting skills.

Taking the phone..
Hold your ears, there is likely going to be ""Interesting""
an calls the clinic..
Hi it's me.. guess what.. I'm bringing home two more cougars!
Wincing at the response she gets..
No No No.. I not adopting them, having one is quite enough.
Sheeesh..
Altho they are related it seems to Senka.
Rolling her eyes.
No.. there not her cubs, there Senka's mothers next litter i believe..
You get to do your rehab thing with them.. they are in very poor condition and starving.
Seems they were trying to hunt a little girl, when a bear intervened.

We should be there within the hour.. see you soon bye!..
shutting off the phone..

Giving the phone back..
It might have been a lot better if you had made the call.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's cool, Rudder. And useful. We had a vet pet here - a marten called Sixtoes, and he was quite the character! He left with the vet's son when he went to college though." Piper tells the otter before turning back to the husky.
"And that's cool, Kyro. Are you a musician then? I'm a musician. These pipes aren't just for show, you know." Piper grins, pointing at her collar charm.
"Oh, this is Rudder, Chip, Leslie, Oreo, and my boyfriend Lucky, by the way. Excuse my terrible manners."

~~~~
Simon is quiet for a few moments more before quite suddenly throwing off his blanket and sitting up.
"@$%# it. What have I got to lose? What's the worst that could happen?"

~~~~
"What Kilo is trying to say, Nadia, is that this is NOT your fault. So don't even start thinking like that. You knew the risks when you went in there to get Piper and I knew the risks when I went in after the both of you. Yet we both went in willingly anyway. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat and I know you would too. So things went a little pear shaped. So what? Things never go exactly to plan. The important thing is we're all alive and we're all safe. Sometimes, as Kilo said, a little pain is necessary for greater gain. Speaking of which, I don't know where you're really from, but you've already done the hard bit and broken the ice. You're not blindly swimming in mucky water, you've got us trying to pull you out. All you have to do is take our paw, metaphorically speaking. And I thought you had already fit in perfectly. I'd never have known you weren't from around here if you hadn't brought it up. And by bringing this up you've already started. All you gotta do is ask if there's anything you wanna know. So, come on. Let's get this all packed up and let's go home, okay? I love you, honey!" Flynn gently kisses Nadia's cheek.
"Let me help you."

~~~~
Paul stares at the phone in shock for a few seconds before looking up at his wife.
"You're not going to believe this, Sam. Kandi is bringing home TWO more cougars!" he says as he dials another number.
"Ranger station? This is Paul over at the vet clinic. Is Rick in, please? Yes, I can hold, although it's kind of urgent."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Yep I am! My dad Blackie taught me how to play a guitar and sing when I was a lil' guy!" Kryo proclaimed before looking at the collar "And that is a very lovely collar!" he then turns to the others she introduced and said Hi to them all and accepting Rudder's hand for a shake, "I'll be honest I would introduce you to my dad, but he's on tour at the moment."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well then," Thomas said, stepping forward and carefully offering a hand, "with the one proviso of being careful with the language when Sally's around, welcome aboard."

After a moment for reaction, he spoke again. "I'd better go sort out the forms so we can get you out of here, Simon. They'll need to do whatever tags and things but it shouldn't take long?" He headed back over to the Nurse.
When they were gone, Nola grinned. "Figured you'd not tell them your name." She patted his shoulder. "Heard it a few times on the street and there aren't that many Tods' around." She looked him in the eye. "They'll never hear it from me, Simon. Now," she added, holding up the bag of gifts she'd brought, "wanna go through this stuff?"
-----------------
"I didn't think they'd believe me," Sally explained halfheartedly, wondering how she was going to explain all this to her brother.
-----------------
"Oh, a little bit kinked," Chip explained, "but that's kinda usual. Gotta say," she added cheekily, "figured you had to be something to do with medicine. You have the handpaws of a surgeon." She grinned at her little joke as Leslie waved to the Dog.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Looking up at Senka.
I took quite a while for the general population to trust Senka... somewhat..
"I'm only yellow tag dangerous now! Whatever that means..."
Gameb18oy wrote:Snapper looked confused by the lions' fearful talk of mothers. "What she gonna get upset about? Nobody ended up dead with you guys around" An unintentional insult he'd hurled at the carnivores who'd been hunting for a meal. He turned to Senka again "Man what a specimen you are! I have a feeling even when she gets fed Kass is more likely to try and eat me than to hold a pose, you think you'd be fine posing for me when I get my camera back later?" The first hint the mouse was aware of the predators ability to threaten him, and it didn't seem like he got that was probably exactly what Kass would do if given the chance. "Oh, and hey, why are you guys out here again? You just camping or it something else?"
"Ma was always the heavy-handed sort. Tough love and all that. She'd level a forest if it meant saving us from danger, but she'd also tear us to shreds for doing something stupid... Hanging out with humans is something she'd consider dangerous and very... very stupid. I would rather make Kandi mad than Ma." The cougar gives a quick glance over to the vet.
"...and that's saying something. As for posing. Sure. But no too much! I hate the bright lights cameras make sometimes. They make my eyes hurt..."

As Kandi speaks on the phone Senka begins to offload the rest of the camping equipment to make room for the cougars in the back. Once that had been dumped in a disorganized pile on the campgrounds she motioned for Deus to roll his cart closer to the truck.

Ref Ref!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Keeshah wrote:You probably don't want me to answer that..
but Senka wanted to know if i could live off the land like a feral pet. an i wanted to see if becoming tame had dulled her hunting skills.
"Taking kind of a risk doing that this far south." Flash said. "Deus tends to leave most animals in his territory alone, but... well, you see what happens when something tries to hunt too close to our cave." He gestured at the injured cougars. "He sees hunters and predators as threats, especially to me. What he did to these two is how we deal with threats out here in the wild."
Roarin wrote:As Kandi speaks on the phone Senka begins to offload the rest of the camping equipment to make room for the cougars in the back. Once that had been dumped in a disorganized pile on the campgrounds she motioned for Deus to roll his cart closer to the truck.
Deus nodded and pulled the cart up to the back of the truck. He turned the cart around and pushed it the last couple of feet so the open end of the cart was facing the truck to let the cougars be moved more easily.
-Champion Motto

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

After the kiss, Nadia just stared at Flynn for a moment, her ears and cheeks felt like they were on fire, as her heart felt like it was jumping in her throat.
"It's not that easy...." she muttered under her breathe
"But I guess......I could give it a try..."
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Gameb18oy wrote:Rudder chuckled at Lucky's response, brushing aside some fur at spots he saw traces of dirt and such on. "... No scrapes or anything, so thats good, little surprised I don't see any scar tissue if they aren't trying to worry me about how familiar I'll get seeing you at the clinic."
Lucky nods. "I know. I try to avoid going there, some vet always wants to write a scientific paper on me. I believe I was once called, "A freak of nature or proof of divine intervention."

Lucky waves hello to all the newcomers.
------
Serence Frostbite wrote:After the kiss, Nadia just stared at Flynn for a moment, her ears and cheeks felt like they were on fire, as her heart felt like it was jumping in her throat.
"It's not that easy...." she muttered under her breathe
"But I guess......I could give it a try..."
Ryyn broke the silence, "Hey, get an alcove of this cave, you two!"
Last edited by WeirdGamer on Wed May 01, 2019 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

CyberDragon wrote:
Roarin wrote:As Kandi speaks on the phone Senka begins to offload the rest of the camping equipment to make room for the cougars in the back. Once that had been dumped in a disorganized pile on the campgrounds she motioned for Deus to roll his cart closer to the truck.
Deus nodded and pulled the cart up to the back of the truck. He turned the cart around and pushed it the last couple of feet so the open end of the cart was facing the truck to let the cougars be moved more easily.
You know, by the time we get back, the raccoons are going to make off with all are camping equipment and supplies.
getting into the cab of the truck..
Senka you going to ride up here, or in the back with your kin?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Hlaoroo wrote: Paul stares at the phone in shock for a few seconds before looking up at his wife.
"You're not going to believe this, Sam. Kandi is bringing home TWO more cougars!" he says as he dials another number.
"Ranger station? This is Paul over at the vet clinic. Is Rick in, please? Yes, I can hold, although it's kind of urgent."
Ranger station, Rick speaking.. This had better not be about a bear named Yogi raiding picnic baskets.
Everyone should know by now that is the camping ground trained bear, an it's her job to do that.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Don't worry, it's not!" Paul laughs before turning more serious.
"Rick, it's Paul from the vet clinic. Kandi's turning into a crazy cat lady and bringing home two more mountain lions. They're badly injured though so they're going to be unpredictable. And it sounds like they may have attacked a little girl before being fought off by a bear. Kandi didn't sound worried so I think the girl is okay but if I could have you or a couple of rangers standing by just in case I'd appreciate it."

~~~~
Simon reflexively flinches away and raises his lip when Thomas' had comes near.
"Um... Thanks." he tells the human, but doesn't take the hand.
He relaxes noticeably but unconsciously once the humans are gone. That is, until Nola mentions his name.
"...Good. Because if you do mention it, you're dead." he states flatly before being distracted by the bag.
"Is there food? I miss hunting. The food here is #%$@."

~~~~
Piper thanks Kryo for the compliment.
"That's cool. We'll have to jam some time. I play guitar and sing too. And keys. Heck, most instruments. I'm the music expert in Dad's shop. Not to boast or anything."

~~~~
Flynn hugs Nadia with his good arm.
"Atta, girl! What's the worst that could happen?" he grins as he gets to his feet, swivelling his ear in Ryyn's direction.
"Excuse you, Ryyn!" the buck laughs.
"How dare you watch us, you peeping Tom!" he teases.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Nola said playfully, "we're both getting over bad injuries so you might be able to take me." She pulled some of the stuff out - two items in particular - and she handed Simon one of the tinned meats and the can opener. "Got these things in case you said 'no'. Meat's still probably better than served here," she added, making sure he knew how to use the opener. She pulled out the collar with the name 'Todd' on it and the $50 pet clothing voucher. "Never fond of collars but they DO open doors, eh? We can sort out the name later if you want. And we can go hunting when we're both better. But not the Mice in the house, yeah?"
-----------------
"We could ask some of the Mice to watch the stuff and trail the Raccoons if they do appear," Juniper offered Senka and the Vet. "I don't think I can smell any that have been here recently?"
---------------
Kilo watched young love and tried not to laugh at Ryyn's comment.
---------------
"I fink yew'd be a good freek," Leslie said, thinking it a compliment.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:Piper thanks Kryo for the compliment.
"That's cool. We'll have to jam some time. I play guitar and sing too. And keys. Heck, most instruments. I'm the music expert in Dad's shop. Not to boast or anything."
"That sounds awesome! Say...I got an idea: If you any of you folks are interested, why don't y'all pop by my store sometime? I'd be happy to give you fine folks a tour!" Kryo said while nodding his head to the next song on his mp3 player, "Heck, if my dad was here right now, I'm pretty sure he'd love to meet you. But, as I said, he's on tour with his band LycanBloodRage"
Last edited by SeanWolf on Mon May 13, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd pop over," Chip said. "You might even see me!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Keeshah wrote:You know, by the time we get back, the raccoons are going to make off with all are camping equipment and supplies.
Senka you going to ride up here, or in the back with your kin?
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We could ask some of the Mice to watch the stuff and trail the Raccoons if they do appear," Juniper offered Senka and the Vet. "I don't think I can smell any that have been here recently?"
Deus shook his head. "No. I stay and watch stuff until get back." he said. "After all..." He lifted a foot up and placed it on the bed of the truck, casually leaning slightly on it. Even only taking half of his weight at most, the truck creaked and groaned under his weight. The rear bumper was nearly touching the dirt road and the back tires had sunk slightly into the ground by the time he took his foot off. "If I go in truck, truck not go anywhere." he said, gripping under the truck with one hand and carefully but easily lifting the back tires out of the holes they sunk in.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sally gave Deus's nails a quick check to see if they were still good
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:You know, by the time we get back, the raccoons are going to make off with all are camping equipment and supplies.
"Then when all this is finally over I can show you how you really survive out in the wilderness." Senka gave her owner a toothy grin.
Keeshah wrote:Senka you going to ride up here, or in the back with your kin?
"I'll sit... in the back. Someone's gotta make sure they don't fall out. Besides, I think, Sally was it?" She nodded towards the girl with the phone. "Should probably sit up with you. Assuming you're coming with us? Or... are you staying behind with your bear friend?"

CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We could ask some of the Mice to watch the stuff and trail the Raccoons if they do appear," Juniper offered Senka and the Vet. "I don't think I can smell any that have been here recently?"
Deus shook his head. "No. I stay and watch stuff until get back."
"Right, mice and bears. The best guards a vet could hire. So then I guess our stuff is safe then." Senka quipped as she climbed onto the cart and began lifting first Kass, and then Chris into the back of the truck.

Ref Ref!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um," Sally said hesitantly, looking up at Deus, "I probably better, um, go with them?" She gestured for him to come closer so she could give his head a proper hug before getting into the car, smelling a bit of Bear.
"Looks like I'm going for a ride again, Flash," Juniper said. "You coming, staying or running alongside? And you, Snapper?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Rudder nods at Lucky's response. "I know a thing or two about vets having overreactions, mom still has such silly rules surrounding where I can bring my sword. I know not to bring it into her workplace, you'd figure she'd be satisfied with that" He gives some light tugs on Chip's tail to ensure she's fine, then hands her to Leslie once he's done. "You seem to be fine, though would recommend you not run off with food like that. You're just asking to get stepped on lugging that stuff over your head. I bet you didn't even notice I was as close to you when I tripped on your banana... oh speaking of, did you find anything for me to cut Leslie?" He turned to the music store hound. "If you're not too busy, I was about to show off a snippet of an act I had back when I was in the circus to the kids, you're welcome to watch as well if you'd like."

-------
Senka had to be polite to the guest on her head, as it seemed Snapper was giving a little dance for joy at her response "Thanks so much! You won't regret it!" He was so overcome with joy, it was obvious the mouse was gonna stay with the lion and lionesses in the back even without Juniper's question answered. "Um, what you say Juniper? ... oh hey Flash, how fast are you? If you could grab my camera I'd really appreciate it, this lady could give Bast a run for her money with her beauty, hopefully she can be fierce on camera too!" He kept jumping up and down happily as he moved about her head. If he wasn't so cute and earnest, the tickling sensations of his tiny paws might have been annoying to deal with. "Oh, and just a thought. Senka I dont know if lionesses are different, but I remember my mom freaked out when my older siblings went missing at times, do you think someone should let her know her kids are going to the zoo? She probably will be on the look for them if no one lets her know... He finally took to responding to Juniper's inquiry. "Hmm? Go with you guys... well if you mean in the front, I think I'll pass, I need to talk over stuff with the lions for their pictures, I have a feeling the Kass lady will take the whole trip to convince to let me snap a few of her, but it kinda be a missed opportunity to not get a group shot of all three... He seems to consider something. "Hey Flash, would it take long for you to get back to the cave? It's kinda a shame not to have my camera right on me when I have some dream subjects here willing to let me take a few of them, I can take a few of you and Juniper if you need something out of doing the favor for me."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Gameb18oy wrote:Rudder nods at Lucky's response. "I know a thing or two about vets having overreactions, mom still has such silly rules surrounding where I can bring my sword. I know not to bring it into her workplace, you'd figure she'd be satisfied with that" He gives some light tugs on Chip's tail to ensure she's fine, then hands her to Leslie once he's done. "You seem to be fine, though would recommend you not run off with food like that. You're just asking to get stepped on lugging that stuff over your head. I bet you didn't even notice I was as close to you when I tripped on your banana... oh speaking of, did you find anything for me to cut Leslie?" He turned to the music store hound. "If you're not too busy, I was about to show off a snippet of an act I had back when I was in the circus to the kids, you're welcome to watch as well if you'd like."
"Sure, go ahead, I'm still on break for a bit anyhow." Kryo responded