HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:20 am Senka shrugs her shoulders up and down, not quite sure what to say in the moment.

"Hmm... would could try and teach her? Not that I'm saying it'll work. But you kinda did the same for me at one point." The mountain lion glanced over at Kandi. "And you have me now to help you."
But you wanted to be a pet, to have the easy life. An you were motivated to find a place and job within the human community.

An the population didn't trust you. Paul was wholly against me keeping you.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:52 am
Richard rushes to help Lucky and Piper back up as Phil, having been delayed by paying the taxi fare, enters the shop and runs towards the chaos.
"Are you all right?" both men and the bunny ask simultaneously.
"Yeah, I'm okay. Lucky is nice and soft. Hee hee. Chip? Are you okay? Where did you go?" Piper asks, looking around.
"Oh, hi new dog!" the doe greets Stan as the men each help a rabbit back onto their paws.
"I'm Piper, this is my boyfriend, Lucky, and Chip is... Somewhere..."
"H-hello," said Lucky, his chest crushed a bit from being sat on. "How are you?"

He was relieved to see that Chip was okay as well as Piper. Once they've been disentangled he waves to the new arrivals while massaging his chest.
Rydr Warklub wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:16 am
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:08 am "Uh, hang on," Chip called, "wouldn't it be better if he sat down? We have chairs, sir!"
"No thanks.", Stanley cried, walking Dave out of the shop.
"Wait!" calls Lucky after them, "Are you sure? We're really adept at handling this sort of thing, as you can see."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:20 am She smiled, "As things stand. I would say the likelihood of us having more conversations in the future is quite high. And I would be happy to regale the tales of my daily working like, though admittedly, most are not as exciting as you might presume." Slowly Riley got up from her seat on the couch.
The wolf's demeanor immediately switches back to the joyful excitement shown before as she listens on, giving a rapid nod as a response.
Roarin wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:20 am "Now, I do still have a few things I need to sort out in my belongings. Would you like to assist me in unpacking? There are a few pieces of memorabilia that might pique your interest."
The tail stops suddenly, her head tilting to the side as though this offer was confusing. After a brief moment of hesitation, she offers with a concerned tone "Are you sure you're okay with that? I mean, I'd be happy to, I can't even guess what sort of things you'd be bringing from a shared kennel, but... you must want some time alone." She'd spent over an hour in her room after being asleep for days straight just trying to acclimate to all the new noises and scents within her own home. Even after the lavender shower, she was far from on top of things once she stepped out the front door. Maybe police dogs were just made of something tougher.

"Right? And like, stranger touching your stuff..." A slight smile grows as she continues "I won't be offended or anything, I promise." Her stance resumes with a conclusive nod, as though she'd simply taken a no for the answer and was cheerfully waiting for the officer's return.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

WeirdGamer wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:07 am
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:52 am
Richard rushes to help Lucky and Piper back up as Phil, having been delayed by paying the taxi fare, enters the shop and runs towards the chaos.
"Are you all right?" both men and the bunny ask simultaneously.
"Yeah, I'm okay. Lucky is nice and soft. Hee hee. Chip? Are you okay? Where did you go?" Piper asks, looking around.
"Oh, hi new dog!" the doe greets Stan as the men each help a rabbit back onto their paws.
"I'm Piper, this is my boyfriend, Lucky, and Chip is... Somewhere..."
"H-hello," said Lucky, his chest crushed a bit from being sat on. "How are you?"

He was relieved to see that Chip was okay as well as Piper. Once they've been disentangled he waves to the new arrivals while massaging his chest.
Rydr Warklub wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:16 am
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:08 am "Uh, hang on," Chip called, "wouldn't it be better if he sat down? We have chairs, sir!"
"No thanks.", Stanley cried, walking Dave out of the shop.
"Wait!" calls Lucky after them, "Are you sure? We're really adept at handling this sort of thing, as you can see."
"Guess I could stay". Stan said, leaving Dave outside on a bench.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

DdeeStar wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:10 pm The tail stops suddenly, her head tilting to the side as though this offer was confusing. After a brief moment of hesitation, she offers with a concerned tone "Are you sure you're okay with that? I mean, I'd be happy to, I can't even guess what sort of things you'd be bringing from a shared kennel, but... you must want some time alone." She'd spent over an hour in her room after being asleep for days straight just trying to acclimate to all the new noises and scents within her own home. Even after the lavender shower, she was far from on top of things once she stepped out the front door. Maybe police dogs were just made of something tougher.

"Right? And like, stranger touching your stuff..." A slight smile grows as she continues "I won't be offended or anything, I promise." Her stance resumes with a conclusive nod, as though she'd simply taken a no for the answer and was cheerfully waiting for the officer's return.

"On the contrary. If it's alright with you, I wouldn't mind the company.
" Riley smiled back, one of her ears giving another small twitch as she fidgets with her uniform. "I hadn't thought of this before I stepped into my new room, but I believe there was a level of social ambiance I had always been accustomed to, and took for granted. Especially so back at the station, but even when I happened to be on a case, tackling something new or potentially dangerous, I knew I always had my partner to rely on. Finding yourself alone usually meant something had gone wrong." Riley glanced to the side sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Not to say that I am entirely dependent, I've had days where I patrolled alone or had to work through paperwork by myself, but if I had the choice, I would prefer the company. And it may be the norm here for pets, but I may need some time to get accustomed to all the extra space. If anything another body in the rooms makes it feel more like home..."
The small canine glanced back at Cala and let out a snort, feeling a little silly for going off on her own monologue.

"As for touching my stuff..." She shrugged, starting her walk towards the stairs. "What are things made for if not to share with others. My department didn't issue anything extravagant for their canine division, but I do have some personal effects that may be of interest. Walkie talkies. Binoculars. A flashlight. Some photographs. I believe I also brought a chew-toy I received at a social a few months ago..."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure." Shona answers. "Just be careful. He gets embarrassed and closes himself off easily. And he takes things quite literally."

~~~~
"Does family really need a reason to help each other?" Flynn asks rhetorically.
"So, uh... Is there anything you've been dying to know about the human-slash-pet world that you've been too embarrassed to ask or just haven't gotten around to asking yet?"

~~~~
Olivia tries unsuccessfully to hide her giggles at Granule's antics and Watt's retaliation.
"That looks fun. Can I throw one at him too?" she asks, having been thoroughly distracted by the pup's antics.

~~~~
"Film nights?" Simon asks, climbing into the seat.
"Hmmph. They really need to put tail holes in these." he complains.

~~~~
"Thanks, Leslie." Joan smiles, leaning over and ruffling the kitten's ears.
"So, what do you normally like to do for fun? I'll have to see how many of Flynn's old toys and games we have left."

~~~~
"You can't just leave him there!" Piper objects, now thoroughly bewildered by the erratic behaviour of this new pet.
"We need to call the vet!" she says, helping Chip onto Lucky's shoulder as Phil goes out to check on the unconscious rabbit.
"I didn't break your ribs now, did I, Lucky?" she asks, concerned as she notices the buck's rubbing.

~~~~
"Related, really? I never would have guessed." Adam says, surprised. "Well, it was nice meeting you. I look forward to seeing you for your first shift. Oh, one more thing before you go."
The human pulls out a pair of stapled sheets of paper from a folder and offers it to the bear.
"I can't show you their smells, unfortunately, but these are the people who are banned. Fortunately there aren't too many. Learn their faces and don't let them in. The last two especially have a tendency to keep trying. You can take the paper with you if you want."

~~~~
"All right, let's see if we can bring that down a bit. Closer to a five, ideally." Paul responds, opening the wrapper on a syringe and pulling a vial out of his pocket.
"This is a strong painkiller. I'm going to run it into your IV line there. It might make you a little woozy and that's perfectly normal so don't freak out, okay? And if you want to sleep again, that's fine too, although this shouldn't make you too drowsy." he explains, connecting the needle to the port on the IV line and following the drug through with some saline to ensure the cougar gets the full dose.
"You're misunderstanding the ECP there, Kandi. They don't just dump and run. They give the animals the training they need to integrate into human society. And they vet the applicants too, make sure they're suitable candidates. But anyway, we have time. Kassandra is going to be with us for at least a couple of weeks so you have time to work with her if you both agree. Besides, two cougars should be easy for you after you broke in Moonbeam and Rocky." the vet quips, stepping back from Kassandra.
"Right, your turn now, Chris, if you don't mind. How are you feeling? How would you rate your pain on the same scale?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:46 am "Sure." Shona answers. "Just be careful. He gets embarrassed and closes himself off easily. And he takes things quite literally."
Understanding fully, Mr. Nightshade nodded softly at Shona and walked over to Tom, tapping him gently on the shoulder. "Excuse me, Tom?" He said, "Could you come outside to the hallway with me and bring your art project with you? You're not in trouble, I just want to talk with you."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:59 pm
"On the contrary. If it's alright with you, I wouldn't mind the company.
" Riley smiled back, one of her ears giving another small twitch as she fidgets with her uniform. "I hadn't thought of this before I stepped into my new room, but I believe there was a level of social ambiance I had always been accustomed to, and took for granted. Especially so back at the station, but even when I happened to be on a case, tackling something new or potentially dangerous, I knew I always had my partner to rely on. Finding yourself alone usually meant something had gone wrong." Riley glanced to the side sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Not to say that I am entirely dependent, I've had days where I patrolled alone or had to work through paperwork by myself, but if I had the choice, I would prefer the company. And it may be the norm here for pets, but I may need some time to get accustomed to all the extra space. If anything another body in the rooms makes it feel more like home..."
The small canine glanced back at Cala and let out a snort, feeling a little silly for going off on her own monologue.

"As for touching my stuff..." She shrugged, starting her walk towards the stairs. "What are things made for if not to share with others. My department didn't issue anything extravagant for their canine division, but I do have some personal effects that may be of interest. Walkie talkies. Binoculars. A flashlight. Some photographs. I believe I also brought a chew-toy I received at a social a few months ago..."
From behind Riley comes the sound of rapidly swishing fabric. Cala stands, smiling uncontrollably, with her blanket draped over her shoulders and repeatedly being shaken by her rapidly sweeping tail. She pulls it tighter, both handpaws holding it against her chest as she responds in an awed whisper: "You're so cute. I don't mean like, pup cute - you're so pure-hearted and I love it." Her voice returns to its normal volume as she continues "You remind me of Anthony's cleric. And that - the "What are things made for if not to share with others." - that's like herospeak, it's so selfless and poetic -" A gentle giggle interrupts her. "By far my favorite pet I've met so far. I'd love to come help you unpack!" Her charmed tone suddenly switches to a singsong inflection. "And y'know, if the day's not going so well and you just want someone to be around..." And her voice finally falls back to her normal speech, as though she hadn't just been raving about the officer on the stairs. "I'll be here." The wolf nods to herself, her smile fading to more genuine joy.

"Or if I'm on an adventure Alexandria can give you my coordinates - but we can talk to her about that later. Let's go see police stuff!"
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Keeshah wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:28 am Kandi looks down at Chris, continuing to rubs his cheeks.
I'm quite sure YOU could.. An that you would be great as a pet as well while you learned to live on your own in the human world.

Kandi looks over to Kassandra.
I'm not so sure although, that Miss Hissy-box could do it.
Too Wild, Too set in her ways, too much of a potential danger to those around her.
"I don't want to be a pet if I can avoid it." Chris said, surprisingly firmly. "My priority is survival, and I can't survive in the wild. If survival means the Zoo, I'll go there. If survival means being a pet, that's what I'll do. But this ECP thing sounds like it will let me survive while keeping my freedom. That's the best possible outcome."

Kass was silent for a minute longer, though she did scowl at Kandi. "...****. Chris is right." Kass swore. Chris's jaw dropped slightly. "If I'm being honest, even I wouldn't survive in the wild. I've never been good at stalking prey. They see me or smell me coming from a mile away. If I can't get food, I'll just end up as food for something else out there. If playing nice with humans and learning some skills means I don't end up as a scavenger's dinner, so be it."
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:46 am "All right, let's see if we can bring that down a bit. Closer to a five, ideally." Paul responds, opening the wrapper on a syringe and pulling a vial out of his pocket.
"This is a strong painkiller. I'm going to run it into your IV line there. It might make you a little woozy and that's perfectly normal so don't freak out, okay? And if you want to sleep again, that's fine too, although this shouldn't make you too drowsy." he explains, connecting the needle to the port on the IV line and following the drug through with some saline to ensure the cougar gets the full dose.
"You're misunderstanding the ECP there, Kandi. They don't just dump and run. They give the animals the training they need to integrate into human society. And they vet the applicants too, make sure they're suitable candidates. But anyway, we have time. Kassandra is going to be with us for at least a couple of weeks so you have time to work with her if you both agree. Besides, two cougars should be easy for you after you broke in Moonbeam and Rocky." the vet quips, stepping back from Kassandra.
"Right, your turn now, Chris, if you don't mind. How are you feeling? How would you rate your pain on the same scale?"
While Kass started to zonk out again as the painkillers took effect, growing increasingly unfocused until she relaxed, Chris answered the doctor's question. "I think I'm at a five right now..." the cougar said with a flinch when he tried to move. "Mostly I'm sore and stiff, but the pain isn't as bad as it was. I got launched, but I didn't take the full hit of an oak tree being swung like a club like Kass did."

----------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:46 am "Related, really? I never would have guessed." Adam says, surprised. "Well, it was nice meeting you. I look forward to seeing you for your first shift. Oh, one more thing before you go."
The human pulls out a pair of stapled sheets of paper from a folder and offers it to the bear.
"I can't show you their smells, unfortunately, but these are the people who are banned. Fortunately there aren't too many. Learn their faces and don't let them in. The last two especially have a tendency to keep trying. You can take the paper with you if you want."
Deus took the papers with a nod and took a look at them. "These people banned. Understand. Thank for job! Will see again on first day then."

The bear bowed out of the bar and onto the sidewalk. One or two rather alarmed pedestrians suddenly turned the other way and started walking away rather quickly. Deus smirked at them, folded up the pictures, looked both ways, then started crossing the street.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We have a small cinema room in the basement, Simon," Thomas said. "We put it in when everyone was having them." He helped the Fox apply the safety belt. "Nola often used to have all three of us down there every now and again, watching films."
Nola leaned forward from the back as Thomas got in his side. "You better still have T2," she warned.
"Her favourite action film," Thomas said before using the remote to open the gate and slowly rolling the car down the drive.
--------------------
"It would be rude to refuse a guest, what what?"
Granule overdid the pretending to be worried so it was more comical than real.
-------------------
"Down't reely know," Leslie said hesitantly, after purring a little at the scritch. "I lyke trying tew reed," he said. "I'm not verry good... Aron says all I kneed is a ball of wul."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Harry Johnathan

As Piper and the others went to check on Dave, Dave suddenly woke up. "Whoo, how long have I been out?", he said.

The other pets, confused, looked behind them. Stan was chuckling to himself as Dave got up and walked away, acting like he was drunk on Orange Soda.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Chip clapped lightly. "Either we should be concerned," she told the others, "or we just saw a vaudeville act. I'm hoping for the latter."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Harry Johnathan

"He does that sometimes. It scared me silly the first couple'a times but I've learned to take everything he does with a grain of salt." Stan smiled.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

meanwhile, back in the dog house Oreo is.. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
as the game is busy playing it's self in the background....
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"You can't just leave him there!" Piper objects, now thoroughly bewildered by the erratic behaviour of this new pet.
"We need to call the vet!" she says, helping Chip onto Lucky's shoulder as Phil goes out to check on the unconscious rabbit.
"I didn't break your ribs now, did I, Lucky?" she asks, concerned as she notices the buck's rubbing.
[/quote]

"Nope, I'm fine," groans Lucky. "And Piper's right. We should have the vet come here, at least. They do house calls. ...Mostly because of me."
Rydr Warklub wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:30 am As Piper and the others went to check on Dave, Dave suddenly woke up. "Whoo, how long have I been out?", he said.

The other pets, confused, looked behind them. Stan was chuckling to himself as Dave got up and walked away, acting like he was drunk on Orange Soda.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:02 am Chip clapped lightly. "Either we should be concerned," she told the others, "or we just saw a vaudeville act. I'm hoping for the latter."

"...This is shaping up to be an even weirder day than normal."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Harry Johnathan

"So, um, I haven't introduced myself yet, have I?", Stan said nervously. "My name's Stan, and that was my friend Dave. He wants to be an actor someday..."

"We can tell.", the others all said, as if in unison.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We, uh, could tell," Chip replied, a little confused. "As expected, vaudeville is not, um, dead, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Harry Johnathan

"More like Charlie Chaplin", said Stan. He smiled a warm grin.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:46 am "Does family really need a reason to help each other?" Flynn asks rhetorically.
"Well.......for us, being a family isn't really that....important..." Nadia replied, growing a little quiet
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:46 am"So, uh... Is there anything you've been dying to know about the human-slash-pet world that you've been too embarrassed to ask or just haven't gotten around to asking yet?"
"Oh definitely, like everything is weird out here. Not to say that I understood anything that's going on back home mind you, but yeah, a lot of "why"s all over the place" she laughed, the energetic feeling rushing back through her voice
"She's confused about spicy food a lot" Josh chimmed in from the kitchen, having been doing the dishes.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

DdeeStar wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:01 amFrom behind Riley comes the sound of rapidly swishing fabric. Cala stands, smiling uncontrollably, with her blanket draped over her shoulders and repeatedly being shaken by her rapidly sweeping tail. She pulls it tighter, both handpaws holding it against her chest as she responds in an awed whisper: "You're so cute. I don't mean like, pup cute - you're so pure-hearted and I love it." Her voice returns to its normal volume as she continues "You remind me of Anthony's cleric. And that - the "What are things made for if not to share with others." - that's like herospeak, it's so selfless and poetic -" A gentle giggle interrupts her. "By far my favorite pet I've met so far. I'd love to come help you unpack!" Her charmed tone suddenly switches to a singsong inflection. "And y'know, if the day's not going so well and you just want someone to be around..." And her voice finally falls back to her normal speech, as though she hadn't just been raving about the officer on the stairs. "I'll be here." The wolf nods to herself, her smile fading to more genuine joy.

"Or if I'm on an adventure Alexandria can give you my coordinates - but we can talk to her about that later. Let's go see police stuff!"
"I appreciate the compliment!" Riley smiled, her tail wagging happily behind her as she strode up the steps of the staircase. "And yes, I will most undoubtedly take up your offer at some point." With that, the small officer led the wolf over to her room. "I was told I could choose any of the three empty rooms on the second floor, and I decided a view of the neighborhood would suffice." Walking over to the window, the canine stood on her tiptoes to open the blinds, letting more light into the room. On the floor were three boxes, each of varying sizes, going from small, medium, to large.

"If you would like to start with the medium-sized box, I believe I packed most of my gear in that one..." Riley in the meantime opened up the smaller one, flipping open the flaps to reveal a clipboard with a small stack of papers sitting on top. The dog picked it up and rummaged around for a spare pen, clicking it and flipping through a few pages. "Police equipment box checklist... here!" She smiled, satisfied with herself and waited for Cala to pull things out.

Inside the box, Cala would find an assortment of things, most notably, a security vest that fit a dog of Riley's small stature, a police dog handbook, a police radio, binoculars, a pair of handcuffs, a megaphone, a flashlight, as well as a framed picture of a bunch of dogs, and a dusty notebook with the words "Worklog 20XX - 20XX" on them (as well as anything else you can think of!).
"Hmm... I may need a refresher on horse handling after my agreement to train the local farm animals. I'll have to remember that..." She scribbled something on the side of the checklist before glancing over at Cala. "Ah, by the way. I'd forgotten to mention it before, but would you mind if we exchanged phone numbers?" Riley fished out the flip phone she stored in her jacket. "I believe the only local number I have here is your house number, as well as the number of the local police station."

Ref Ref!
Harry Johnathan

Stan picked up the water-clock. It wasn't broken, but had fallen to the floor after Dave's... ahem, theatrical stunt. "Hey, um, sorry for asking, but can I buy this?'
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Chip smirked and looked over at Piper's dad. "Mr Brookley," she said, "it's almost like he thinks we're a shop!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Harry Johnathan

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:42 pm Chip smirked and looked over at Piper's dad. "Mr Brookley," she said, "it's almost like he thinks we're a shop!"
"Um.. aren't you?", Stan asked. He was beginning to cringe. Had he made a fool of himself?
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:54 am "I appreciate the compliment!" Riley smiled, her tail wagging happily behind her as she strode up the steps of the staircase. "And yes, I will most undoubtedly take up your offer at some point." With that, the small officer led the wolf over to her room. "I was told I could choose any of the three empty rooms on the second floor, and I decided a view of the neighborhood would suffice." Walking over to the window, the canine stood on her tiptoes to open the blinds, letting more light into the room. On the floor were three boxes, each of varying sizes, going from small, medium, to large.
Cala nods silently at Brian as they pass, who has resumed his post in the living room tapping away on a laptop. He glances up quickly as she approaches the stairs, only to notice that she's being led. This seems to resolve the situation, as he returns his attention to the laptop without further event.

"That's a good choice! Oh, and so you know, opening the window is a bit tricky because Brian had separate locks put on them. After Arthur caught Kai using their second story windows to skip out on their curfew he's worried I might get ideas." Cala steps over to the window as Riley returns to the boxes, pulling the lower section towards her and releasing the mechanism on the top by digging her claw into the latch. It's immediately raised and locks fully open. "But closing it is basic enough." The wolf flicks the lock's handle, releasing the latch and causing it to drop back shut. "So now you know!"
Roarin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:54 am "If you would like to start with the medium-sized box, I believe I packed most of my gear in that one..." Riley in the meantime opened up the smaller one, flipping open the flaps to reveal a clipboard with a small stack of papers sitting on top. The dog picked it up and rummaged around for a spare pen, clicking it and flipping through a few pages. "Police equipment box checklist... here!" She smiled, satisfied with herself and waited for Cala to pull things out.

Inside the box, Cala would find an assortment of things, most notably, a security vest that fit a dog of Riley's small stature, a police dog handbook, a police radio, binoculars, a pair of handcuffs, a megaphone, a flashlight, as well as a framed picture of a bunch of dogs, and a dusty notebook with the words "Worklog 20XX - 20XX" on them (as well as anything else you can think of!).
Cala is seated on the ground at the box's side in an instant, severing the tape with surgical precision before eagerly opening the flaps. Each object within is held cautiously with both handpaws, brought to light before her, then placed to the side as she recognizes its purpose. The vest is briefly held against her own chest for vague comparison, her human-level height dwarfing the garment, which brings an embarrassed smile as she notices Riley's attention on her. The handbook is almost deliberately ignored by the analysis, placed by the side with no residual interest; the radio is powered on, then back off immediately; the megaphone giving her pause as she clearly has to stop herself from planning some terrible deed; the flashlight shone under her muzzle in mock horror style; the notebook, again, left uninvaded; but the photo completely stops her task. It's held directly out to Riley rather than put on the floor, and accompanied by a curious "Coworkers?"
Roarin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:54 am
"Hmm... I may need a refresher on horse handling after my agreement to train the local farm animals. I'll have to remember that..." She scribbled something on the side of the checklist before glancing over at Cala. "Ah, by the way. I'd forgotten to mention it before, but would you mind if we exchanged phone numbers?" Riley fished out the flip phone she stored in her jacket. "I believe the only local number I have here is your house number, as well as the number of the local police station."
"Oh, I don't really have a phone number. Or a phone. Never needed one back at the lab, plus I definitely took Anthony's and tried to report them to the police for kidnapping not that long ago." Cala gives an easy shrug, clearly unbothered by her own actions. "I'm still not sure how I was wrong, but whatever. Basically, if you call the house line it'll connect you to Alexandria, who can connect you to their mobile phones. It's automated. You can also ask her for my location, because this little box here - " She pulls her coat away from her neck to make more visible the black box on her buried collar. " - has GPS, so it takes my coordinates and plugs them into Google Maps to figure out where I'm closest to. Alexandria is sorta Anthony's magnum opus, along with like six of his friends from college. It does a lot of things - she's actually hooked up to most of the house. There's a node in the hallway you can talk to and she'll help with whatever she knows how to. It's where most of his free time goes." There's a hint of pride in her assessment, despite claiming no part in the effort.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Um... Sure..." Tom answers, nervously following the jaguar.

~~~~
Flynn tactfully decides against asking anything more about family and instead laughs at Josh's comment.
"To be fair, even some humans are confused about that." the buck points out.
"Have you ever tried radishes though? They're amazing! Spicy but not, if you know what I mean. Zesty."

~~~~
"Yay!" Olivia squeaks, taking the grain from Watt. She makes as though to throw it and then taps it thoughtfully against her buckteeth.
"On the other paw... Maaaaaaaybe, if Granule would, I don't know, promise to be my friend, and say, not to prank me, theeeeen maybe I'll share the grain with him instead..."

~~~~
"Never heard of it." Simon says flatly, shifting uncomfortably.
"Left here. How are you meant to sit comfortably without a tail hole?"

~~~~
"Hmm. Maybe we can practise your reading then. I'll help you, if you like. What sort of books do you like?"

~~~~
"Hmm, well keep trying to move gently if you can. I don't want your muscles seizing up. I'll give you a dose of anti-inflammatories too. Think you can swallow a tablet or would you prefer I poke you?"

~~~~
Adam waves away the bear and then heads back to his office.

~~~~
"Funny that, Chip." Richard answers drily, stepping over to the counter as Phil begins cleaning up the broken items.
"Yes, you certainly can buy that. Also, you can buy the vase, the jar and the ornament you and your friend broke. With tax, that's fifty two seventy five, please."

~~~~
"So... Shall we go upstairs, Lucky, Chip?" Piper asks awkwardly.

~~~~
Suddenly there's a clatter of claws and a surprised squawk from atop a certain skunk's kennel.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:09 am "Um... Sure..." Tom answers, nervously following the jaguar.
Once outside the classroom, Mr. Nighshade closed the door behind them then sat on the floor and faced Tom. "First, let me begin by saying again you are not in trouble in anyway and what we talk about will stay between us," he reassured Tom as he brought the picture up to look at it, "But I do want to help you. When I was walking around your class just now, I saw your picture here and was wondering why it was so sad. Jones, your current teacher, informed me you're sadly dealing with some playground bullies." His attention turned back to Tom, his face now crestfallen, "I know how it feels to be bullied at your age. Some kids can just be plain mean, no matter what you do. I don't want to just be a teacher to you and your classmates, but a friend as well. Someone you can come to if you're dealing with things like bullying. Do you understand what I'm saying?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:09 am "Hmm, well keep trying to move gently if you can. I don't want your muscles seizing up. I'll give you a dose of anti-inflammatories too. Think you can swallow a tablet or would you prefer I poke you?"
"I can take the tablet, thanks... I don't really want to get poked." Chris said.

--------------------------------------------

Flash stirred in the dollhouse bed as he woke up. He could feel Juniper's warmth next to him as she held him in his sleep. Flash rolled onto his side and kissed Juniper on the cheek. "Thanks for being here." he whispered in her ear.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Harry Johnathan

Stan felt rather peeved as he paid the 52$ to this Phil person. Stupid old coot..., he thought in his head as he left the store. It wasn't his fault Dave's clumsy butt had to perform his "bull in a China shop" routine at that moment in time! Stan sat on the sidewalk, fuming. So far he had made an absolute idiot of himself and didn't make any friends whatsoever.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Chip let out a sigh as she looked back at the newcomer sat slumped on the sidewalk. She'd known what it was to be blamed for others actions before (Potato in the old days). "Perhaps we should go over there first, eh," she mooted.
-----------------
"I never have much of a problem," Nola said, trying to look and see why Simon was having trouble.
"You don't have a Fox tail," Thomas reminded her as he turned left as bidden. "Adding the Canine variant booster seat to the list now. That should make future trips more comfortable, Simon."
---------------
Watt (and Tracks) had to laugh as Granule, being ever theatrical, dropped to his knees, took Olivia's paws in his and pledged undying friendship and non-pranking.
--------------
"Um..." Leslie scritched his neck carefully with a single claw. "Any I kan get? Mostlee with piktures of Lorries. Red Lorries, Yellow lorries..."
--------------
"Ah, yes," Kilo mused, "we often used to use such to spice up the grains."
-------------
Juniper didn't quite jump at the affection. She'd been listening to his breathing so had guessed he was waking up. Without turning, she reached her far hand across to stroke his cheek inexpertly. "Heya, love," she said gently. "Think you needed that, yeah?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:53 am
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:09 am "Hmm, well keep trying to move gently if you can. I don't want your muscles seizing up. I'll give you a dose of anti-inflammatories too. Think you can swallow a tablet or would you prefer I poke you?"
"I can take the tablet, thanks... I don't really want to get poked." Chris said.
Go for the poke. it will work faster, an more effectively. with less chances of stomach upset.

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:09 am ~~~~
Suddenly there's a clatter of claws and a surprised squawk from atop a certain skunk's kennel.
Oreo starts awake.. Hmmm Wut?
sleepy staggering out of the dog house..
Whos thar?
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Well, where ever we're going, upstairs or over there, we should probably make a decision," notes Lucky, "Otherwise, I have a bad feeling about my luck acting up again." The rabbit shudders at that idea.

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"Honestly I probably wouldn't remember having any of it if I did. It's all food to me. Beside Josh is like, just giving me meat and lame cooked stuff. He never does any like, new dishes or anything"
"Bruh you literally don't even cook what you mean ?!"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Riley nodded confirmation at this new knowledge, making a mental note to make a physical note of it later.

She smiled as the wolf made her way through her small collection before taking the framed photo that was being handed over to her. "Yes! Co-workers and friends. I believe this was taken during the last New Years gathering." The small canine pointed out what appeared to be the remnants of Christmas decorations shoved into the corner of a large room. "I'm not much for parties but admittedly it was quite fun!"
DdeeStar wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:20 am "Oh, I don't really have a phone number. Or a phone. Never needed one back at the lab, plus I definitely took Anthony's and tried to report them to the police for kidnapping not that long ago." Cala gives an easy shrug, clearly unbothered by her own actions. "I'm still not sure how I was wrong, but whatever. Basically, if you call the house line it'll connect you to Alexandria, who can connect you to their mobile phones. It's automated. You can also ask her for my location, because this little box here - " She pulls her coat away from her neck to make more visible the black box on her buried collar. " - has GPS, so it takes my coordinates and plugs them into Google Maps to figure out where I'm closest to. Alexandria is sorta Anthony's magnum opus, along with like six of his friends from college. It does a lot of things - she's actually hooked up to most of the house. There's a node in the hallway you can talk to and she'll help with whatever she knows how to. It's where most of his free time goes." There's a hint of pride in her assessment, despite claiming no part in the effort.
"I see. I will keep that in mind. Though, if you prefer another means of communication." Riley reaches into the box and pulls out a pair of walkies-talkies and hands one to Cala. "I've found these quite useful at a variety of ranges. And I thought you might appreciate a source of communication that could go both ways. I believe without any obstructions these have a range of thirty miles... though in a suburban neighborhood, I'd expect it to work in a range of around... three miles."

Ref Ref!
Harry Johnathan

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:23 pm Chip let out a sigh as she looked back at the newcomer sat slumped on the sidewalk. She'd known what it was to be blamed for others actions before (Potato in the old days). "Perhaps we should go over there first, eh," she mooted.
Stanley looked over his shoulder, wishing someone would talk to him at the very least.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:13 pm
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:23 pm Chip let out a sigh as she looked back at the newcomer sat slumped on the sidewalk. She'd known what it was to be blamed for others actions before (Potato in the old days). "Perhaps we should go over there first, eh," she mooted.
Stanley looked over his shoulder, wishing someone would talk to him at the very least.
A half asleep spotted skunk comes out from one of the back yards..
*Yawn* Howrrryou? he sleepily chirps
Harry Johnathan

"Ugh, I am fine.... who are you exactly?", Stan replied, tilting his doggy head in confusion.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:51 am "I see. I will keep that in mind. Though, if you prefer another means of communication." Riley reaches into the box and pulls out a pair of walkies-talkies and hands one to Cala. "I've found these quite useful at a variety of ranges. And I thought you might appreciate a source of communication that could go both ways. I believe without any obstructions these have a range of thirty miles... though in a suburban neighborhood, I'd expect it to work in a range of around... three miles."
Other than an attentive focus to the photo and the reflective joy from seeing such a happy group, Cala gives no further notes on the party scene. It isn't until the new device falls into her handpaws that her expression changes, her tail wagging eagerly as a powerful curiosity grips her. She barely manages to keep her eyes on Riley as the officer talks, excitement shining in her eyes. "Are you sure?!? Like, this is super cool-" She can't manage to bite down the energy, beaming as she continues. "-ah, don't you need this for someone else, or...?" Her train of thought quickly falls off the tracks as she looks down at the radio. Her claws run gently against the speaker, tapping lightly at the buttons and inspecting the channel display. "Three miles... Testing, testing." She whispers into the receiver, watching Riley's for a response.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tom nods slowly, then quite suddenly bursts into tears.
"B-but they said they'd hu-hu-hurt me more if I t-told anyone!"

~~~~~~~~
"Sure, here you are." Paul says, producing the tablet from a nearby cupboard and offering the cougar a cup of water to wash it down.
"And how are you feeling after that food? Any nausea or stomach pain at all?

~~~~~~~~
"I suppose we should, Chip." Piper sighs.
"We should get Dave to pay him back too. Come on, Lucky." she says, putting her arm around the buck.

~~~~~~~~
"I don't plan on many future trips." Simon objects. He has Thomas take a slightly circuitous route to make sure they're not being followed and to make it harder for the human to remember the way before having him stop beside the woods, not by a signpost or any landmarks the human might recognise, but at the roadside near naturally formed signs only the fox knows.

~~~~~~~~
Olivia badly smothers a giggle before knighting the older pup with her grain. She taps it on his shoulders and forehead, and then not quite sure how to do it properly, also taps his ears and nose for good measure, just to make sure it stuck.
"What do they say again? Oh, right. By my Princess powers I dub thee Sir Granule, um, of the, uh, Cave. Um... You can stand now, Sir Knight."

~~~~~~~~
"You know that tongue twister, Leslie?" Joan asks.
"Red lorry, yellow lolly, red lorry, yellow lolly, red lorry, yellow lolly, red!" she sings.
"Um... Lolly is what we call candy in Australia, if you're wondering. Reckon you can sing that?"

~~~~~~~~
"Well then. How about we go back to my place and you can try a radish?" Flynn suggests.

~~~~~~~~
"Waitwaitwait!" a hoarse voice squawks. A flutter of wings and a young crow lands on the skunk's shoulder, smelling of Oreo's food bowl.
"Where did the shiny go? I was chasing a shiny and the roof was slippy. Did you take the shiny? Give it back! It's mine! I saw it first! I want the shinybug!" he demands, poking his beak into Oreo's collar in search of the elusive insect.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:19 pm "Sure, here you are." Paul says, producing the tablet from a nearby cupboard and offering the cougar a cup of water to wash it down.
"And how are you feeling after that food? Any nausea or stomach pain at all?

If your nervous about any food, treatment, or injection, we can try it out of Senka first to show it going to be alright.

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:32 am "Ugh, I am fine.... who are you exactly?", Stan replied, tilting his doggy head in confusion.
I'm called Oreo, by my human servants. I'm an eastern spotted skunk...Ack!
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:19 pm "Waitwaitwait!" a hoarse voice squawks. A flutter of wings and a young crow lands on the skunk's shoulder, smelling of Oreo's food bowl.
"Where did the shiny go? I was chasing a shiny and the roof was slippy. Did you take the shiny? Give it back! It's mine! I saw it first! I want the shinybug!" he demands, poking his beak into Oreo's collar in search of the elusive insect.

IIIiiee Eagle attack!!
scrambling around in circles, flailing his arms at the bird..
you can have all of the cicadas!
Harry Johnathan

Stan ran towards Oreo, and began trying to get the bird off of him...