HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Marine Fox

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc barely heard the other pet faintly over his breathing and Moonbeams trotting but feeling a bit of kindness he slowed Moonbeam and turned him back around started him forward again, coming up to the other pet. He reached his paw down to help him up

"Hurry and get on. I hope you can hang on though we don't have a lot of time out here"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc barely heard the other pet faintly over his breathing and Moonbeams trotting but feeling a bit of kindness he slowed Moonbeam and turned him back around started him forward again, coming up to the other pet. He reached his paw down to help him up

"Hurry and get on. I hope you can hang on though we don't have a lot of time out here"

Moonbeam circles back an slows as the clinic's pet runs up to them.
Are we in trouble?? are the humans coming after us?? Are we going to get sent to butchers for this??
he asks all in a near panic..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon makes it onto the horse by the simple expedient of scrambling up a tree and leaping. He's pretty good at scrambling and leaping and lands across Moonbeam's withers with barely a bump. He pats the horse's shoulder. "Nobody's going to the butchers, silly, and if anyone's going to be in trouble it's going to be me, and they won't come after us if you now shift your paws... uh... hooves... so let's find your friends. But it wouldn't hurt to get off the main trail in case they do. I think that crazy herbalist went thataway." pointing up an indifferently paved jogging path that crossed the main trail... and more or less the direction the yell had come from.

The long red weasel flops on Moonbeam's neck. "Heh. Your mane tickles."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

As the footsteps got closer something streaked by Zanna and Tesla, something... Brownish?
The heavier feet continued to stomp and two human figures came into view. Both brandishing things that looked remarkably similar to rifle-like firearm. They stopped only about a few feet away from them.
"Where'd she go?". Said a guff voice.
"I don't know. I lost track of her back there."
"Well keep looking. She's probably not far."
"Look... Lets just leave. It's raining and... and... Achoo!"
"Bless you.".
"Thanks. And I don't want to get caught by some park trooper...
"Wait what?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

after the fall, Koa is laying face down on the rocky ground. Slightly disoriented he tries to get up but then notices that his leg is in pain, and to make matters worse,the little corgi doesn't even have to strength to crawl or even make the slightest of movements.

"...Oh....this isn't good.....my leg...it feels broken."

"guess now I have no choice but to wait..."
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

((OOC: Took me long enough, but I finally figured out an introduction post. xD))

Rusty Reid cheerfully walked through the muddy forest path with his short tail wagging behind him. He occasionally jumped in a puddle now and again. It was so much fun exploring his new neighbourhood! The yorkie didn't really mind the rain that was on right now. Sure he was soaked, but his fluffy fur was keeping him a little bit warm, which was more than enough to keep him happy.

"Ahhhhh!!!!"

Suddenly, his half floppy ears perked up. Rusty stopped. Did he hear something faintly over the sound of the rain? Whatever it was, he couldn't be that far away from it. It sounded like it came from further ahead along the path he was walking along.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to find out what that was." Rusty pondered to himself. "Besides, that's all the fun of exploring!"

Curiosity got the better of the dog, so he decided to investigate the noise. He began to jog down the path, making sure to splash in some puddles as he did so.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Argent wrote:"Nobody's going to the butchers, silly, and if anyone's going to be in trouble it's going to be me, and they won't come after us if you now shift your paws... uh... hooves... so let's find your friends. But it wouldn't hurt to get off the main trail in case they do. I think that crazy herbalist went thataway." pointing up an indifferently paved jogging path that crossed the main trail... and more or less the direction the yell had come from.
I don't know, we had a bull on the farm. he charged the humans, n' didn't obey there orders. he ended up going to there, then they had a big cook out thing to celebrate ..
Argent wrote:The long red weasel flops on Moonbeam's neck. "Heh. Your mane tickles."

Moonbeam trots down the path less traveled.
Moonbeam shakes his mane out,, ruffling it across the weasel's tummy
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Wow, you got a mean dad! Doc wouldn't do that, besides, you been following orders.

He jerks back as the horse teases him, and skootches down to grab the pommel of the saddle. He looks up at the wolf. "His orders, wotsisname, um... what's your name, anyway, I can't keep calling you 'hey you'. Mine's Sixtoes."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc heard a slightly audible yell as they started off again and he threw the thought around for minute trying to decide whether to investigate the odd yell or continue to look for his friends who might be hurt. After some analytical thinking he decided the yell could mean someone is seriously hurt and Zanna, Tesla and the Cougar are tough they probably have it all under control.
"Hang on. We need to find whoever yelled"
Doc swung Moonbeam around to where the sound came from and he cracked the reins.
"Heyaa"
Argent wrote:"Wow, you got a mean dad! Doc wouldn't do that, besides, you been following orders.

He jerks back as the horse teases him, and skootches down to grab the pommel of the saddle. He looks up at the wolf. "His orders, wotsisname, um... what's your name, anyway, I can't keep calling you 'hey you'. Mine's Sixtoes."
Doc patted Moonbeams side
"Don't worry, i'm taking responsibility." He looked down at the weasel "It's Doc"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"For real? That's going to be confusing! And you sure you're OK, Doc, you were looking pretty bad earlier. No headaches, dizziness?"

He straddles the pommel and leans back against the wolf to brace himself as Doc spurs Moonbeam on.

"Just watch out for hunters."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Wait... did you hear something?"
"No? I sneezed. Remember and you said 'bl--"
"No I didn't. Just... Be quiet for a sec."The man advanced slowly in the pets direction. Zanna held her breath.

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Argent wrote:"Wow, you got a mean dad! Doc wouldn't do that, besides, you been following orders.

Wouldn't says he is mean.. Its just the rules are different for us livestock, compared to you pets.
Argent wrote:" Mine's Sixtoes."
Why do they call you that? Do you have six toes??
Marine Fox wrote:"Hang on. We need to find whoever yelled"
Doc swung Moonbeam around to where the sound came from and he cracked the reins.
"Heyaa"

Are you sure about that? your not about to push me past your riding skill level are you, Doc?
Marine Fox wrote:Doc patted Moonbeams side
"Don't worry, i'm taking responsibility." He looked down at the weasel "It's Doc"
If you say so..
Moonbeam speeds up into a fast trot, the ride getting more rolling and bouncing as he moves faster..

By the way, Moonbeam is in pack harness, not saddled. Altho you could use the yoke as a saddle.
see below what a pack harness is.
http://www.buttecreekoutfitters.com/WEB ... WEBMED.jpg
Argent

Post by Argent »

[it's good thing animals are small, particularly Cinnamon, makes it easier to use that contraption for a saddle]

"Yep, and seven and a half fingers. Doc... uh, Doctor Walton rescued me when I was just a kit. They never said what happened but they were building a lot of houses along the highway there. Reckon my other toes are buried somewhere on Pineview or Heather."

Cinnamon peers ahead of the horse, jostled between the pommel(?) of the yoke and the bigger animal behind him, and spies a long-furred dog in the distance. He shouts "Ahoy the trail! Was that you yelling? Are you OK?"

He looks back up at Doc, "One of your friends? Looks like an Ewok!"
Last edited by Argent on Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Argent wrote:"Yep, and seven and a half fingers. Doc... uh, Doctor Walton rescued me when I was just a kit. They never said what happened. Reckon my other toes are buried somewhere on Pineview or Summit."

that sounds.. painful
Argent wrote:"Ahoy the trail! Was that you yelling? Are you OK?"

Moonbeam twitching his ears forward.
Whats an Ewok? is that some kind of predator i need to stomp!??
Last edited by Keeshah on Mon May 06, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Keeshah wrote:that sounds.. painful
"Probably was, I don't remember it, like I said, I was just a kit."
Keeshah wrote:Whats an Ewok? is that some kind of predator i need to stomp!??
"Nah, they're the good guys, totally kick Stormtrooper backside." He leaps from the horse and scurries ahead and skids to a stop in front of Rusty, right next to broken branches and freshly turned dirt at the edge of the trail that would show where Koa went over. If he noticed, that is. He completely misses these clues, and instead addresses the little dog: "Hi! You look OK to me, you see any other dogs running around out here?"
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Rusty stopped jogging as a weasel-like animal comes into view from further down the path, and skids to a halt in front of him.
Argent wrote:"Hi! You look OK to me."
"Um, Hi!" Rusty replies cheerfully, briefly shaking some of the rain off his fur before continuing, "I look OK to me too!"
Argent wrote:"You see any other dogs running around out here?"
"Nope! Only me!" he says, still cheerful, "I was just trying to find where a noise came from. I haven't found it yet!"

Argent

Post by Argent »

Lifio13 wrote:"I was just trying to find where a noise came from. I haven't found it yet!"
"Yeh, me too, I mean us too. Well, we're looking for Doc and Moonbeam's friends. And another corgi, there's two corgis, and one's not called Tesla. I mean one is, the one that's not called Koa. I don't think he's called Koa, just Tesla."

He spins around and waves towards the horse left so unceremoniously behind.

"Doc, the wolf, he heard someone yelling along this way."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Argent wrote:
He spins around and waves towards the horse left so unceremoniously behind.

"Doc, the wolf, he heard someone yelling along this way."

Moonbeam shakes the rain out of his pelt, and he paces over to the waving weasel, his heavy hooves starting to splatter mud and water now that it is pooling on the ground....
Have you found the AAaaaHHhhhhh?
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Roarin wrote:"Wait... did you hear something?"
"No? I sneezed. Remember and you said 'bl--"
"No I didn't. Just... Be quiet for a sec."The man advanced slowly in the pets direction. Zanna held her breath.
Tesla pressed himself up to the tree, on the brink of panic. The corgi swept his foot on the ground for a rock to throw if push came to shove, ans preparing a sob story if shove came to kidnapping. Lightning struck again in the distance and a thought hit the dog just the same, the airship is still flying near the farm...
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The man kept creeping closer and closer until he was only a foot away. Luckily with the rain it was hard to see. He squinted, craning his head closer.
Then in one swift motion, Zanna stuck out her umbrella, opening it with small *foomp* and pushed it into the man''s face, making him stumble back slightly.
"RUN!" The husky yelled, grabbing the corgi's hand and pulling him away without waiting for an answer. Moments later they could hear the sound of gunshots behind them.

Ref Ref!
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Argent wrote:"Yeh, me too, I mean us too. Well, we're looking for Doc and Moonbeam's friends. And another corgi, there's two corgis, and one's not called Tesla. I mean one is, the one that's not called Koa. I don't think he's called Koa, just Tesla."
"So you're looking for the noise and your friends?" Rusty asked, before attempting to put two and two together, "Does that mean they made the nosie?"
Argent wrote:"Doc, the wolf, he heard someone yelling along this way."
"Perhaps that's what I heard." he said.

The weasel that had appeared from the nowhere was waving for a horse to come over. The yorkie looked up in awe at the equine, which was very much taller than him compared to the tiny dog.
Keeshah wrote:Have you found the AAaaaHHhhhhh?
"That's the noise I heard!" he exclaimed excitedly, "...I think it was anyway!"

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Lifio13 wrote:The weasel that had appeared from the nowhere was waving for a horse to come over. The yorkie looked up in awe at the equine, which was very much taller than him compared to the tiny dog.
Keeshah wrote:Have you found the AAaaaHHhhhhh?
"That's the noise I heard!" he exclaimed excitedly, "...I think it was anyway!"

Can't you sniff out where the Aaaaahhhh came from?
Moonbeam asks, in a canine stereotype manor.
Roarin wrote: Moments later they could hear the sound of gunshots behind them.
Moonbeam turns about in the small confined space, without knocking anyone off the wet slippery cliff edge, with just this flowing wet tail brushing across the small pets. His ears perked forward and attentive....
That was a different kind of boom.. not a lightning boom, lighter pitch boom..
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Let's think about it logically, if we heard it coming from your way, and you heard it coming from our way, it's likely to be right about here! Elementary!"

The pine marten is suddenly startled by the sound of a distant gunshot. "HUNTERS!" he yells, and scrambles onto Moonbeam's back, then realizing that makes him more of a target he grabs his bag and leaps across to the tops of the trees growing out of the gully below the trail. Koa's bag, still tied to the strap, threatens to overbalance him and he barely manages to avoid another embarrassing fall.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Roarin wrote:The man kept creeping closer and closer until he was only a foot away. Luckily with the rain it was hard to see. He squinted, craning his head closer.
Then in one swift motion, Zanna stuck out her umbrella, opening it with small *foomp* and pushed it into the man''s face, making him stumble back slightly.
"RUN!" The husky yelled, grabbing the corgi's hand and pulling him away without waiting for an answer. Moments later they could hear the sound of gunshots behind them.
Tesla squeaked slighlty as he was pulled along, trying his best not to trip over himself, "Z-Zanna" he panted, "Can you find the farm?" the corgi asked, stumbling over roots and stones, "We can hide there. Or in the balloon."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"I think so.". She said between pants. Projectiles continued to whistle past them as they sprinted through the forest. "They are...*huff* very persistent.". Zanna muttered to herself.
Then she yelped as she felt something prick her in the calf.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

With ears flat against his back, Flynn crashed through the undergrowth, cursing his rotten luck. It was his first night in Richmond Acres and he had come out for a jog intending to return to his new house before the impending storm broke. Reckoning that the woods would be an interesting place to explore and to gather his thoughts he had headed straight there but had soon become hopelessly lost in the thick scrub. He had wandered for a while trusting his sense of direction but the heavy cloud combined with the dense canopy made it impossible to get a bearing from the sun.

To make matters worse it was not long before the storm had broken. Flynn hated getting wet. His thick fur, characteristic of his Rex Rabbit breeding, kept him warm enough but it made it impossible to dry out. Wet and miserable he had slowed his jog to a trudge until, hearing a noise behind him, he had spun around trying to discern the source.

Noting a beanie camouflaged behind a bush he had advanced towards it, intending to ask its owner for directions. At the very least, if the hat was unoccupied it would keep his ears dry. He had opened his mouth to speak but noticing a glint of light which betrayed the barrel of a gun he had thrown himself flat. And just in time too! The bullet had flown between his ears, slamming into a tree behind him.

Springing to his paws he had turned tail and fled.

And now Flynn was running for his life. Not caring about direction, he simply ran, intending to put as much distance as possible between himself and the shooter. Flynn was fit, with adrenalin surging, but running full-pelt like this was beginning to take its toll. Casting a fearful glance over his shoulder, scouring the undergrowth for signs of his pursuers he burst out onto a jogging path and straight into the middle of a group of other animals, knocking several of them into the mud and sending himself flying ears over tail straight into the hock of a horse.

OCC: EDIT: I've inserted Flynn's breed so you know what he is. ;)
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

(OCC: Sorry if this post seems a little jumbled, but there are a lot of quotes to keep up with)

Doc patted Moonbeams mane
"i'm sure buddy we don't have a lot of time"
As Moonbeam started faster, a few quick rackings persuaded Doc to stand up a little bit in the harness.
Argent wrote:[it's good thing animals are small, particularly Cinnamon, makes it easier to use that contraption for a saddle]

"Yep, and seven and a half fingers. Doc... uh, Doctor Walton rescued me when I was just a kit. Reckon my other toes are buried somewhere on Pineview or Summit."

Cinnamon peers ahead of the horse, jostled between the pommel(?) of the yoke and the bigger animal behind him, and spies a long-furred dog in the distance. He shouts "Ahoy the trail! Was that you yelling? Are you OK?"

Doc looked at Six toes a slight glare showing
"He wouldn't be yelling it came from farther up the trail and I don't know this pet"
As Six Toes leapt from the harness Doc was starting to get very frustrated, he couldn't keep stopping there were injured pets out here and Zanna could be lost out here, he begrudgedly pulled the reins to slow Moonbeam to a stop by the pets. As he came up he glared strongly at the two pets, a slight growl growing possibly with the darkness and rain it made him more fearsome but he felt like it.
Though Doc snapped when he heard the gunshots, they echoed in his ears and he lost it. He barked/snarled at the two pets.
"Alright stop! Six toes, take your friend here and follow this path and find the pet who yelled. Get him back to the clinic ASAP. I have to find someone and I think I know where they are now. Now GO!"
Doc felt a pinge of guilt for snapping but gunshots out here was very dangerous, all of this was supposed to be fun and its his fault that others are in danger. He swung Moonbeam around towards where the gunshots went off and he snapped the reins again, harder this time. Though before they could go another pet hit Moonbeam, Doc quickly examined the pet as he stumbled and seeing no injuries he snapped the reins again, trying to get Moonbeam around the pet.
Last edited by Marine Fox on Mon May 06, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

OOC: Sorry - I should have said: Flynn is a Rex Rabbit

Flynn sprawled in the mud, stunned, as the horse pranced around him. Groaning, he shook his head to clear the stars and then heaved himself up.
"Sorry! Is everyone alright?" Remembering the shooting, his demeanour quickly changed. 'Never mind that now, the hunters were right behind me! We need to get out of here!" Hearing another shot farther off he startled but quickly composed himself.
"Well they were right behind me."
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote: Doc felt a pinge of guilt for snapping but gunshots out here was very dangerous, all of this was supposed to be fun and its his fault that others are in danger. He swung Moonbeam around towards where the gunshots went off and he snapped the reins again, harder this time. Though before they could go another pet hit Moonbeam, Doc quickly examined the pet as he stumbled and seeing no injuries he snapped the reins again, trying to get Moonbeam around the pet.

Moonbeam makes two complete revolutions about the rabbit that has thumper'ed into him, as he keeps trying from getting turned back twords the trail from where the strange booms were coming from. heavy hooves thudding all around the bunny as the equine is turned around over him again and again.
Moonbeam is finally wolfhandled back into going down the trail where the strange boom sounds are coming from.
Just so you know, I'm just a city broke, carriage horse. not some fearsome fearless warhorse!!
Moonbeam protests as he now trots down the trail, spuring up to a canter. the tree whipping past them, as water and mud splatter everywhere...
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon stops to catch his breath, and his bag, and chirps "It's raining cats and dogs! Rabbits and dogs! He's not my friend, he's your friend, isn't he, wait, are you talking about the bunny or ... oh snake muck..."

The last interjection is followed by a thump, as the bags he's holding so precariously escape him and drop on the ground below. Followed by a flash of red as the marten scrambles down to get them.

"Hey! There's a guy down here!"

Rustle rustle.

"A dog!"

A light snaps on as he finds his phone.

"It's that corgi! He's hurt!"
Last edited by Argent on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn hops nimbly over the precepice and down to the injured corgi.
"Here, let me see! I know first aid." Squatting next to the corgi, he begins running his paws over him, hunting for broken bones or any other injurys in the dim light from the screen of the phone.
"Can you tell me your name, mate? Where you're from? What happened? You - ferret - weasel - thing, his leg's broken. Find me a branch to use as a splint. We can use our collars as bindings. Can you feel me touching your leg? Where else do you hurt?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"I'm a pine marten, not a ferret! And of course I know what to do! My dad's a vet! Well, he's not really my dad, I'm rescued, not adopted, because... hey! Don't distract me!"

He scrambles up to the path, and yells fruitlessly at the departing stallion to "... go back to the clinic, get Doc, Doc! The other doc! Stop! can't you hear me?! ARGH!"

Poking his head back over the precipice, he says "I got a first aid kit in my bag there, no, the other bag, that one's full of weeds and stuff. One of us better go back to the clinic and get Doc and Sandy." And them, contradicting his first comment, "They're humans, they'll know what to do!"

Then he stops, remembering something. "Oh yeh, you wanted a stick."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey wait! I need the-" He stops, seeing the light vanish up the cliff. "...Light," He sighs, ending the sentence in the darkness. At least he'd had the foresight to grab the bag before the pine marten had vanished over the top. Rummaging in the bag, Flynn, yelps with shock and jerks back his paw. He stares for a moment, trying to make out the offending needle in the darkness, and then, grapsing the needle with his teeth, yanks it out. Placing it carefully aside, he again rummages in the bag, this time pulling out a flashlight. He flicks the switch. Nothing happens.
"Work, darn it, work!" he mutters, shaking the flashlight. Tossing it aside he again searches the bag, this time pulling out the first aid kit and another, working flashlight.
That marten needs really needs to tidy his bag. Good thing I'm up to date on my tetanus shots!" Popping open the first aid kit Flynn starts pulling out bandages and dressings, all the while trying desperately to get the corgi awake and talking.
"Come on. Talk to me buddy."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"...huh....I had a feeling that I heard voices..."

Struggling to talk, Koa was relieved that he was found.

"M..my...name is Koa, I wasn't paying attention and fell off that cliff over there. My leg is broken and at the moment I can't move...and...my head is starting to cause some problems."

Koa paused for a long while trying to get his words straight. He may have suffered from some minor trauma to the head which could explain his trouble speaking. There's a possibility that if he doesn't rest he may cause some more problems. His brain needs time to process the situation and fix any internal processes that may have been interrupted by the blow.

"I need to rest, it won't be a long rest but...if you know first aid, then I'll leave the rest to guys, but... " pause "if that is my bag I need it......its really important to me..."

As those words came to an end he drifted off, before he had to strain his brain any more by answering any more questions.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn shook Koa gently, trying to stop him from passing out again.
"Come, on Koa. Stay with me. Don't go to sleep. Help is coming. The wolf and horse are getting the vet and the pine martern is finding a splint for your leg. You just need to stay awake for me, OK? Stay awake!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon has no difficulty finding a stick, but he's not a strong animal and pulling it down one-handed is a problem. Oh, right, his phone! He calls the clinic and quickly explains the situation, then breaks a branch off by the simple expedient of dangling from the end and bouncing.

"Here's your stick, bunny, and Doc's bringing the cart up from the clinic, should be here in a few minutes."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks. I'm Flynn, by the way, Mr. uh...?" replied Flynn, catching the stick and binding it to the corgi's heavily bangdaged leg. He put the dog in the recovery position and slid a rock under his hind limbs to elevate them.
"He's in shock but I think he'll be alright. He's unconcious but breathing. Sooner that vet gets here the better." Flynn packed the kit back into the pine marten's bag, and passed the bags back to their owner.
"Now that the crisis is avert-" He jumped as another shot rang out.
"Argh, I'd almost forgotten the hunters! That shot sounded closer! But we can't move Koa - that's his name, by the way - until Doc gets back with the cart." Flynn thought for a moment.
"I have an idea. Can I have that lightstick please?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Sixtoes, thanks." He starts digging at the much abused knot and finally pulls the bags apart so he can put his back on. Just in time... a shot rings out and the big weasel is halfway up a tree before the echoes die away. He drops the lightstick amid a short shower of screws and solder.

"Go ahead, take it, I'm calling Doc to tell him about the hunters. Again. He didn't believe me before."

He chatters on the phone. "... no, they won't see us, it's darker than a snake's... yes, OK, I won't say... just listen... DAAAAAD, they're gonna run right into you!"

Looking down at the bunny. "I know who that is, Koa Tesla, that's his bag... keep it with him this time! He ran off when we were taking Doc to see Doc."

He pauses, before scurrying higher into the treetops, to continue in a quieter voice (finally): "Now keep quiet and don't move, they won't see you down there, and humans never look up..."

At least, they don't in the movies.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn catches the lightstick and tosses up the flashlight in return.
"Thanks, Mr Sixtoes. Wait here with Koa. I'll be right back. Keep either the torch or yout phone lit so I can find you again. Don't move until I get back." He runs off into the undergrowth, swivelling his ears as he goes, trying to catch any sound of the hunters. After a few hundred metres he stops next to a young pine tree whose branches are being whipped by the wind. Snapping the lightstick, he ties it to the end of a low limb using a long stalk of grass he nibbles off. Hopefully, with the wind whipping it back and forth it would look like some creature was carrying it and would draw the hunters away for long enough for Doc and the Doc to get back. Jogging back to Koa and Sixtoes he stops under the tree and calls up to where Sixtoes is perched on a branch.
"Turn off the flashlight until Doc and the others get back. Hopefully my little ruse will fool the hunters for long enough!" Turning back to Koa he asks "How are you holding up, Koa? Won't be long now. If only my fur didn't show up so well in the darkness. At least this mud takes some of the shine away."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"You don't need to... they won't see us any... oh bother..." his frantic whispering trails off. He flips his phone open and fiddles with the menus to keep the light on, then when he hears a rustling he snaps it closed... and drops the flashlight.

"You scwewy wabbit! You coulda wun into those miscweants!"

Cinnamon chitters in fwustwat... frustration, nobody ever listens. He scrambles higher as a faint wailing comes through the trees.

"It's Doc! Hear that siren, it's Doc!"