HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, Ryyn only bites when he's hungry and there's plenty of food here so you should be safe!" Flynn jokes, "Come on in!"

~~~~
Paul pulls up next to Kandi on a motorcycle, a relatively new toy of his, and offers her a helmet.
"Need a ride?" he grins.

~~~~
"I believe so but I'm not sure, sorry, sir. One of my colleagues admitted Kryo while I was preparing to receive him out the back. You could always go say hi and ask them." Jackie suggests, watching as Jack runs the scanner over Tiramisu.

The nurse turns back in time just to see the last of Cala's signing.
"Oh. If sign language is easier for you or your pets, my colleague is fluent in sign and I'm happy to get them for you." he offers.

~~~~
"I dunno. What's there to do?" Simon shrugs.
"Might as well see the rest of this place, I suppose."

~~~~
"Thanks, Flash." Ed says before the diminutive mouse disappears.
"Thanks, Tracks." he nods, handing over the bundle.

"Ooh! I want a servant! Can I have a servant please, Daddy?" Olivia asks.
"We'll see, Olivia." Ed smiles.
"Hey, Mister Watt?" Olivia asks, pausing for a breath. "Are there more pups here for me to play with?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I believe so but I'm not sure, sorry, sir. One of my colleagues admitted Kryo while I was preparing to receive him out the back. You could always go say hi and ask them." Jackie suggests, watching as Jack runs the scanner over Tiramisu.
"That's OK, I'll catch them some other time," Blackie replied softly as Kryo slept in his arms, "Think it'd be best if I take Kryo home and get him to bed now. Thanks again..." However, he trailed off as he looked over at his bike then back at Jackie, "Think you could call us a cab? I don't think it'd be good if I take him home on my motorcycle out there, even if I do go slow."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

CyberDragon wrote: It didn't take too long for Deus to emerge from the brush once again. "Sorry. I back. Where we leave off?" he asked.
"Oh hey Deus! You didn't miss much, but hey you two got any plans?" Sunny asked as Luna seemed to look up at Deus.

"Sunny likes to race, sometimes, but I kinda can't really keep up. What he's trying to say is you up for it?" Luna said as she ironically cut to the chase.

"Well, I mean. Yeah, that." Sunny said bashfully.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Or what? you'll say Halt again?
GhEeeGhgh!!!
"I might!" Riley replied truthfully, her words coming between heavy pants as she tried to keep up, her ears bouncing with every stride.
"May I inquire. Where exactly. You're going. If you insist on not stopping!?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:To avoid waking the babe, Tracks simply nodded back to Flash.
Flash nodded quickly, then ran out to join Deus, Sunny, and Luna.

-------------------------
Roarin wrote:"I... Don't know. I don't know what Kass will do if she wakes up surrounded by smaller animals. Especially while she's under... whatever it is they gave her."
"Hmm, you've got a point." Senka mumbled, idly scratching the side of her chin. "Alright then, I'll see what I can scrummage up from the pantry. In the meantime, make sure Kass stays calm and doesn't leave this room. I'll be back as fast as I can."

Dipping out of the room the cougar groaned as she realized she'd have to pass the procession of pets out in the hallway. Placing a paw over the side of her face, she crept by, in search of where they might keep the food. She still had vague memories of the direction the nurse took to give her that bowl full of mush...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: The nurse turns back in time just to see the last of Cala's signing.
"Oh. If sign language is easier for you or your pets, my colleague is fluent in sign and I'm happy to get them for you." he offers.
Cala jumps slightly as her signs are referenced, relaxing again when she realizes he didn't understand them. She flashes Anthony a quick series of signs, and Anthony responds with a disgusted "No I'm not going to say that! What kind of horrible..." He faces the nurse and responds "Very kind offer, but she's more than capable of speaking aloud." There's a moment of hesitation as she frowns at him, and he brings his hand to his mouth to keep himself from laughing as he continues "She just won't speak because she's saving her voice for her musical debut tonight, sunset. She's got a beautiful voi-" He's cut short by a combination of her death stare, clearly displayed fangs (her plot basically out the window as Anthony flips her plan on her) and his phone buzzing. She slowly brings her handpaws up as if reaching over to choke him, yet he casually pulls out and checks the phone as if she were still standing there with her shy act. Seeing Brian's caller ID on the display, he mutes it and returns it to his pocket, rubbing the wolf's back again as she seethes at him, huge smile on his face.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah, Ryyn only bites when he's hungry and there's plenty of food here so you should be safe!" Flynn jokes, "Come on in!"
"Yeah!" Ryyn agrees. Then his face clouded. "Wait, do people bite when they're not hungry? Why would they do that?"
------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"First for you, isn't it, Lucky," Chip asked, climbing onto the Buck's shoulder, "being in the visitor's section?"
"Pretty much, yeah," admits Lucky. "And here I thought I'd like the change of pace..."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Paul pulls up next to Kandi on a motorcycle, a relatively new toy of his, and offers her a helmet.
"Need a ride?" he grins.
Naaa I'm good, besides the horses wouldn't fit on it when we catch them..
Just herd them out of the woods.

Roarin wrote: "I might!" Riley replied truthfully, her words coming between heavy pants as she tried to keep up, her ears bouncing with every stride.
"May I inquire. Where exactly. You're going. If you insist on not stopping!?"

Rocky, wheels about and returns to the gasping doggo.
Are you all right? you sound awful panting that hard after running from the front yard to the back? not dieing are you??
The Mule asks as he saddles up against a fence.
You wanna ride, since your not up to running.? climb on up.
Well, Moonbeam is on a quest to find the mares! really have no idea why he is so obsessed with them..
But there must be something special about them..

Come one stooop! my paws are going numb hanging on..
It's not doing my mane any favors either.
We've lost the otter horsie.
He will catch up..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah," Leslie agreed, pulling back just a little before his ears flipped to full alert. "We knead tew save Oreo," he said urgently, before looking down again. "But I don;t kno how... I like yore eye fur, by the way," he said, almost distracting himself. "Do yew hav any ideas?"
Nadirth'ynn blushes fiercely, only just seeming to realize how close she was holding Leslie. She pushes him away, not hard enough to hurt him or to knock him to the ground - just enough to put some space between them. "I - I dunno. I guess we just run after them like we were doing already," she says, trying not to look directly at Leslie in her mild embarrassment.

"Come on, then!" she takes off, running slowly enough to make sure Leslie can keep up while keeping at least one of those horses in viewing distance.
DdeeStar wrote:[Cala] flashes Anthony a quick series of signs, and Anthony responds with a disgusted "No I'm not going to say that! What kind of horrible..."
Tiramisu starts to appreciate her inability to interpret whatever "horrible" thing Cala just signed.
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie grinned at the idea of the running and the speed Nadir was doing. "O.K.," he said, taking himself in pursuit of his new friend and the Horsies with his bestest friend.
----------------
"Hmm, what what," Watt queried, before looking up from Olivia's paw. "Oh, yes yes, what what? There are several, what what? Although none quite so young, what what?" He smiled and tweaked her cheek lightly. "Makes you the princess, hmm?"
"Oh, it's no trouble, Ed," Tracks said, leading the way to the colonists section, "You may want to spend a day exploring with Olivia to see the space and where she shouldn't go. It'll also let you meet the pups with her. Granule especially."
----------------
Nola slapped her knees and stood up. "Of course," she said, sucking in a slightly shaky breath before leading the way to one of the doors. "Now, it's totally not a come on but... have you ever slept on a Human bed?"
----------------
Chip didn't quite know what to say so she walked as close to his head as she could and gave him a kiss on the cheek instead.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Rocky, wheels about and returns to the gasping doggo.
Are you all right? you sound awful panting that hard after running from the front yard to the back? not dieing are you??
The Mule asks as he saddles up against a fence.
You wanna ride, since your not up to running.? climb on up.
Well, Moonbeam is on a quest to find the mares! really have no idea why he is so obsessed with them..
But there must be something special about them..
"Hmm?" Riley skidded to a stop as one of the horses turned around to meet her.
"Ah, are you referring to my breathing technique? I was told that breathing in cadence with my strides boosts the efficiency of..." She began to trail off once she realized the opportunity the horse was offering her.
"Umm, apologizes. I mean, yes." The small dog started to clamber up onto the fence (mumbling a silent apology to the owner of said fence) before transitioning over to Rocky's back. "I was, as you, 'not up to running'. Yes. The fatigue is beginning to set in. Here it comes now." Her voice unconvincingly monotone throughout her bluff.

She adjusted herself on Rocky's back to proper riding posture, before grasping his mane and giving him the gentle kick to both his sides to signal he could start moving.

"Mares you say? Hmm. I am unaware of any horses living in the forest, though I am not familiar to the territory. Wouldn't it be easier to... ask your owner, if there are any mares on nearby ranches? Also, I don't believe that the forest is a good place for horses to go cantering about. The one thing I've heard is that these woods may be home to a few bears and mountain lions..."

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: She adjusted herself on Rocky's back to proper riding posture, before grasping his mane and giving him the gentle kick to both his sides to signal he could start moving.

"Mares you say? Hmm. I am unaware of any horses living in the forest, though I am not familiar to the territory. Wouldn't it be easier to... ask your owner, if there are any mares on nearby ranches? Also, I don't believe that the forest is a good place for horses to go cantering about. The one thing I've heard is that these woods may be home to a few bears and mountain lions..."
We don't get out much, and went the wrong way....i think.
No worries, our barn cat is a scary mountain lion.

Trotting off with the doggo upon he back.. in front of Kandi..
Keeshah wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote: Paul pulls up next to Kandi on a motorcycle, a relatively new toy of his, and offers her a helmet.
"Need a ride?" he grins.
Naaa I'm good, besides the horses wouldn't fit on it when we catch them..
Just herd them out of the woods.
NO WAIT.. The Horses have riders! don't chase them.
We have no idea how well they are trained in riding. We don't want the horses running with them..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"Oh hey Deus! You didn't miss much, but hey you two got any plans?" Sunny asked as Luna seemed to look up at Deus.

"Sunny likes to race, sometimes, but I kinda can't really keep up. What he's trying to say is you up for it?" Luna said as she ironically cut to the chase.

"Well, I mean. Yeah, that." Sunny said bashfully.
Deus grinned, glancing sideways at Flash who was already stretching. "I not race. I not fast. Flash race though."

"You bet I race!" Flash beamed. "Someone want to count us down?"

--------------------------
Roarin wrote:"Hmm, you've got a point." Senka mumbled, idly scratching the side of her chin. "Alright then, I'll see what I can scrummage up from the pantry. In the meantime, make sure Kass stays calm and doesn't leave this room. I'll be back as fast as I can."

Dipping out of the room the cougar groaned as she realized she'd have to pass the procession of pets out in the hallway. Placing a paw over the side of her face, she crept by, in search of where they might keep the food. She still had vague memories of the direction the nurse took to give her that bowl full of mush...
Chris nodded as Senka left, holding Kass's hand until his older sister got back.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, carp. What do you want me to do then?" Paul asks, switching off the bike so they can talk more easily.

~~~~
"Ah... Do you think they'll want to play with me?" Olivia asks nervously.
"That... That'd be good... I haven't gotten to spend as much time with the kids as I'd have liked since..." Ed pauses, glancing back at Olivia to make sure she's properly distracted.
"Since Pippa, my mate, got taken... Between foraging for food for the kids, looking after that [expletive] of a rat that kept us pinned down and dodging the owl that lived next door... It's been hard..." the mouse admits, voice quavering a little. If Tracks takes a moment to look, it's pretty clear how much thinner Ed is compared to his kids or even to the other mice in the colony.

~~~~
"That's totally a come on!" Simon giggles, "But no, I haven't. Unless you count the cot at the vets?"

~~~~
Jack is a bit nervous when he sees the fangs but seeing Anthony's unconcerned demeanour puts him at ease.
"Right, okay. So, um, where were we, again?" he asks, having been thoroughly distracted.

~~~~
"Sure. You're cabs." Jackie grins, speaking equally quietly.
"Sorry, couldn't resist." she apologises, picking up the phone and dialling the cab company.

~~~~
WeirdGamer wrote:"Yeah!" Ryyn agrees. Then his face clouded. "Wait, do people bite when they're not hungry? Why would they do that?"
"Defence. Or maybe they're just misled, deceived, twisted..." Flynn suggests, rubbing his neck thoughtfully, his mind suddenly elsewhere. Only Nadia and Kilo know of the scars hidden by his collar.
"Aaaanyway." he says, snapping back to reality.
"Do you like sushi, Slinks?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Citrisfur

Richmond Acres - Nadirth'ynn and Tiramisu Respond

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie grinned at the idea of the running and the speed Nadir was doing. "O.K.," he said, taking himself in pursuit of his new friend and the Horsies with his bestest friend.
Eventually Nadir arrives back at Cala's house, near where one of the horses and apparently a police unit had stopped for a moment, making sure not to run too far from Leslie. Although the group had already taken off again before they make it there, Nadir still stops to stare up at the house from the front porch, unsettled from how large the structure seemed from up close. "There was a man here just a second ago, right?" Nadir asks, turning around for a moment to face Leslie. "Should we ask him if he knows what's going on, or just keep following the horses on our own?"
Hlaoroo wrote:Jack is a bit nervous when he sees the fangs but seeing Anthony's unconcerned demeanour puts him at ease.
"Right, okay. So, um, where were we, again?" he asks, having been thoroughly distracted.
"You were checking for my microchip," Tira reminds him, her impatience slightly showing. "I have one, you know."
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Sure. You're cabs." Jackie grins, speaking equally quietly.
"Sorry, couldn't resist." she apologises, picking up the phone and dialling the cab company.
Blackie laughs a bit, though not too loud as to wake Kryo. As soon as the cab arrives, Blackie heads out and gets in, giving the driver directions to their house and, in a few short minutes, they arrive. "Hang out here a minute, I'll be right back," Blackie instructs the driver before heading into the house and placing the sleeping Kryo on the bed and whispering, "You just sleep and I'll be right back. I just need to my motorcycle back from the vets," then headed back out to the waiting cab and telling them to head back to the vets. As soon as they arrive back at the vets, Blackie gets out and pays the driver before heading back inside to where Jackie was. "Hey, before I take my bike home, I just want to thank you again for taking care of Kryo. It's just me and him living together so I would've hated to see anything bad happen to him."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm," Nola murmured, trying to hide her own grin, "Maybe later, when we're a bit better, yeah? Anyhow," she continued, opening the door to the bedroom to reveal a small wardrobe and a double bed with duvet and sheets, "that was a cot. This is a bed," She sat on the edge of it. "Reckon you can live with this," she asked, pointing to the pillows at the end. "When you sleep, those can support your head in place of the collar."
--------------------
Leslie wasn't as out of puff now as he would have been a few weeks back and he only had to swallow once as he caught up to Nadir. "Yore gud at runing," he said, before thinking on her question. "Probly best," he said, advancing to knock on the door.
-------------------
Watt leaned in to mock whisper to Olivia. "Well, if they don't, I think I could find fun things to do, what what?" From his pocket, he produced a lengthy piece of string, which he turned into an impromptu 'cat's cradle'. "Fun, m'dear, is largely imagination, hmm, what what?"
"First stop, I think," Tracks announced, "should be the store. Here we are." he stepped into a small cavern that housed the supplies Deus had brought back earlier in bags against the wall. "We hope to use some of the seeds in a growing patch we found by the stream - some of the more industrious of our group are building a barrier so the pups don't fall in..."
"...and someone," Watt confided to Olivia in a tone that said that 'someone' was him, "designed a watermill to grind some of the harder grains to flour, what what."
"We also have some fruits," Tracks added, playing along with not hearing Watt. He made a request of the Mouse in charge and she bustled off to return with plates of grains and fruits.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:Jack is a bit nervous when he sees the fangs but seeing Anthony's unconcerned demeanour puts him at ease.
SeanWolf wrote:[...]Blackie heads out and gets in [...]
Cala half-smirks at Anthony as his attempt at embarrassing her flops, but he just watches the rock star leave, trying to place the outlandish costume with a name.
Citrisfur wrote:"You were checking for my microchip," Tira reminds him, her impatience slightly showing. "I have one, you know."
"Everything alright Tira?" He questions gently from around Cala, who also looks down to give Tira a concerned look, wondering if she disliked the vet. It was pretty common in pets from what she'd heard and the fact that Tiramisu had a microchip... ugh. Just the thought is distressing.
===================
The knock on the door thankfully is not interrupting work. It's interrupting an interrogation.
-dmin: Anthony's reminders within one year using search terms Officer, Police, Riley: are as follows. Tell Brian about offering house for dog officer. Check for confirmation on housing the dog officer. Tell Cala about dog officer. Make food to greet dog officer. The robotic assistant nearest the door replies, in neutral tones except when it repeats back his terms.

"Time of first reminder?" Brian asks the air, flipping through the first two pages of the notepad before putting it back on the coffee table.

This reminder was set off at four P.M. five weeks ago and was dismissed because it was snoozed three times. Brian starts laughing at this, not because it's funny but because it's the exact absurd thing that happens around Cala and Anthony.

"Time of third reminder?"

This reminder was set off at four P.M. two weeks ago and was dismissed because it was snoozed three times. This starts the laughter anew. The man is a genius, but he is so irresponsible. More often than not it's Cala it affects, even if he doesn't mean it.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Probly best," he said, advancing to knock on the door.
"Alexandria, mute." He commands, the metal cylinder giving one beep to acknowledge. He once more gets up from the couch, his face still showing a small smile as he runs through the nightmare they're in. Just another day of hoping the wolf is as civil as she tests to be. He pulls the door open, expecting the human officer to be accompanying the dog and instead finding empty air. Once again, he looks down, finding two strangers. His reaction is mainly shock, managing six months with nearly no visitors, then Cala and Anthony show up and... "What... in tarnation. We're out of bedrooms."
Last edited by DdeeStar on Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie looked confused for a moment as he looked up at the Human. "Soree," he said, "um, we was wundering if yew'd scene any hoarses go by? They hav a frend of owrs stuk on them."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, carp. What do you want me to do then?" Paul asks, switching off the bike so they can talk more easily.
either follow them from a distance, an watch that they stay out of trouble.
Or get ahead of them, an try to dart Moonbeam with a few dozen pet tranqs.. to slow them down

It's really too bad Senka didn't come along..
All she would have to do is roar, don't taunt my prey drive by making me have to chase you!
To get them to meekly come to her..
She is like the best equine trainer ever

The horses meanwhile have come out of the woods and are heading deeper into farm lands..
Ah this looks better. I remember plowing that field! dang hard work..
It's not that hard..
Yes it is!! ??? why did you bring THAT dog along?
I don't know.. She seems to be Really out of shape to be a police dog! looked like she was going to die chasing us.. An we would get the blame for that.
Perhaps she needs to lay off the donuts..
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:We don't get out much, and went the wrong way....i think.
No worries, our barn cat is a scary mountain lion.

Trotting off with the doggo upon he back.. in front of Kandi..
Riley blinked a few times. A mountain lion living on a barn? As tempted as she was to investigate further, the spaniel tabled the information for later. “Ah. Well, I suppose that does explain your ambling path towards well... supposed mares in the woods. Though it doesn’t excuse you two stampeding through the streets. The best course of action now would be to reconvene with your compatriot and return you to your stables. I'm sure if anyone, your owner would be able to rectify your situation with the mares, and if possible, additionally allow you to roam more freely around town.
Keeshah wrote:The horses meanwhile have come out of the woods and are heading deeper into farm lands..
Ah this looks better. I remember plowing that field! dang hard work..
It's not that hard..
Yes it is!! ??? why did you bring THAT dog along?
I don't know.. She seems to be Really out of shape to be a police dog! looked like she was going to die chasing us.. An we would get the blame for that.
Perhaps she needs to lay off the donuts..
Riley blinked, "I'll have you know that donuts are not part of a police dog's dietary regimen. But that is besides the point. I am Officer Skyes. Your friend here has allowed me to ride him so that I may try to persuade you into returning to your residence. And you there! Skunk. Are you one off the exotic mentioned living in the neighborhood? I assume so with that collar around your neck. You wouldn't happen to have a good reason to be clinging to the mane of a runaway Tennessee Walker would you?".
CyberDragon wrote:Chris nodded as Senka left, holding Kass's hand until his older sister got back.
After a few minutes Senka returned down the hallway with a few cans bundled in her arms. Passing by the curious group again, she paused to inspect the small party. The vet really has had a handful these past few months. Shaking her head she trodded on, only to have one of the cans slip out of her grasp and roll across the floor in their direction. "Carp..." The mountain lion grumbled, quickening her pace to escape the room before the metal can clattered to a stop against someone's foot.

"Allllright." She barged back into the room, setting down her trove of food onto the ground near Chris and Kass. "Now... I kinda just grabbed a bunch of cans from one of the drawers." She took one of the cans, grasping the tab against her claw and pulling it back to reveal the mush inside. "So I don't know if its the same stuff the nurses gave me to feed you. Just eat it slow." She handed Chris the can and a spoon. "Remember. Slow. Or you might end up hurling it all back up." The cougar sat back down next to her siblings, gently placing a paw on the sleeping cougar's back.

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:“Ah. Well, I suppose that does explain your ambling path towards well... supposed mares in the woods. Though it doesn’t excuse you two stampeding through the streets. The best course of action now would be to reconvene with your compatriot and return you to your stables. I'm sure if anyone, your owner would be able to rectify your situation with the mares, and if possible, additionally allow you to roam more freely around town.

Moonbeam slows to walk along side of Rocky..
He shakes his head jingling the pet tags attached to the underside of his halter.
We are classified as PETS! not livestock.. (he snorts), We already can go anywhere any of the other pets can go.
Moonbeam lifts his nose up into the air, sniffing the breeze..
We gotta follow our nose to find the mares.
Besides, there are no mares where we live, so why go back there?

Roarin wrote:Riley blinked, "I'll have you know that donuts are not part of a police dog's dietary regimen. But that is besides the point. I am Officer Skyes. Your friend here has allowed me to ride him so that I may try to persuade you into returning to your residence. And you there! Skunk. Are you one off the exotic mentioned living in the neighborhood? I assume so with that collar around your neck. You wouldn't happen to have a good reason to be clinging to the mane of a runaway Tennessee Walker would you?".
Oh A verry good one. I don't wanna fall off! it's like a 1000 feet to the ground!!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie looked confused for a moment as he looked up at the Human. "Soree," he said, "um, we was wundering if yew'd scene any hoarses go by? They hav a frend of owrs stuk on them."
Brian points out the doorway off in the direction they'd flown by. "You aren't going to catch them on foot, you realize. Especially not with an officer in pursuit." He's more confused than anything, as he hadn't really noticed the other horse in favor of the notebook.
==========
Roarin wrote: After a few minutes Senka returned down the hallway with a few cans bundled in her arms. Passing by the curious group again, she paused to inspect the small party. The vet really has had a handful these past few months. Shaking her head she trodded on, only to have one of the cans slip out of her grasp and roll across the floor in their direction. "Carp..." The mountain lion grumbled, quickening her pace to escape the room before the metal can clattered to a stop against someone's foot.
Cala's attention to Tira is immediately broken as the sharp noise cuts through the air. Focusing on locating it, she notices the tail end of a vaguely familiar creature disappearing around a corner. She subtly steps back from Anthony and Tira, circling him to get along the edge of the reception desk. She tries to place what it could be based on the few times she's been to the zoo. Something's put her on high alert just from the glimpse she saw. The mental fog is no longer suppressing it, just her need to assess and challenge the threat. All that's left is an unstoppable curiosity, and with the nurse and Anthony focused on the cat... She glances back at the group to watch for an opening.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie, his handpaws behind his back, stood on tippy-toes for a second, beaming a smile up at the Human. "Thankoo very much, sir!" He sniffed a familiar, Wolfy, scent. "Miss Cala livs here? I lyke her. She's nyce. Um..." He noticed Nadir was hanging back so, after any reply, he thanked the Human again and trotted back to his friend. "Yew aright, Nadir?"
-----------------
"Did you hear that," Chip said, hearing the dull thud of the can outside.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie, his handpaws behind his back, stood on tippy-toes for a second, beaming a smile up at the Human. "Thankoo very much, sir!" He sniffed a familiar, Wolfy, scent. "Miss Cala livs here? I lyke her. She's nyce. Um..." He noticed Nadir was hanging back so, after any reply, he thanked the Human again and trotted back to his friend. "Yew aright, Nadir?"
"Good," she responds, keeping an eye on Brian. "If that wolf lives here, that human probably's fine with me being around. Although I still think they're weird, keeping a wolf inside like that." She shakes her head slightly to clear her thoughts. "Did he say where the horses were going?"
DdeeStar wrote:"Everything alright Tira?" He questions gently from around Cala, who also looks down to give Tira a concerned look, wondering if she disliked the vet. It was pretty common in pets from what she'd heard and the fact that Tiramisu had a microchip... ugh. Just the thought is distressing.
"All good," she says, turning her head back to look at Anthony again. "Why wouldn't I be
Roarin wrote:Shaking her head, [Senka] trodded on, only to have one of the cans slip out of her grasp and roll across the floor in their direction. "Carp..." The mountain lion grumbled, quickening her pace to escape the room before the metal can clattered to a stop against someone's foot.
DdeeStar wrote:Cala's attention to Tira is immediately broken as the sharp noise cuts through the air. Focusing on locating it, she notices the tail end of a vaguely familiar creature disappearing around a corner.
eee..." Tira continued, startled by the loud noise.
DdeeStar wrote:[Cala] glances back at the group to watch for an opening.
Tira waves to Cala to get her attention. She poorly tries to sign her thought of "Was that a bobcat?", by pointing at where the mountain lion was, shrugging, and then clawing at the air like a tiger.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie, his handpaws behind his back, stood on tippy-toes for a second, beaming a smile up at the Human. "Thankoo very much, sir!" He sniffed a familiar, Wolfy, scent. "Miss Cala livs here? I lyke her. She's nyce. Um..."
"Right. She's great with children." He replies with a subtle sarcastic undertone, a reference to one of the games she's been banned from playing. "Good luck finding your friend."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: [Leslie] noticed Nadir was hanging back so [...] he thanked the Human again and trotted back to his friend.
Brian shuts the door and returns to his seat, grabbing his laptop. Her reports needed to reflect that she was making friends-especially this quickly! He hadn't expected her to be nearly as open... maybe this 'new leaf' idea was really working.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mr Homan did," Leslie replied, before thinking. "but he did say we woodn't cach them on fut and there waz an Officur involvud." He touched his neck by the collar. "Officur's down't lyke mising collars. We shud get wun furst? My home's knot far..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Chip didn't quite know what to say so she walked as close to his head as she could and gave him a kiss on the cheek instead.
Lucky smiled a bit. "Thanks, Chip. You want a magazine? Or me to read you a magazine, really?"
--------------
Hlaoroo wrote: "Defense. Or maybe they're just misled, deceived, twisted..." Flynn suggests, rubbing his neck thoughtfully, his mind suddenly elsewhere. Only Nadia and Kilo know of the scars hidden by his collar.
"Defense? I usually just run. Though maybe because that's what Lucky does." He shrugs and continues eating.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
WingedTheta

Post by WingedTheta »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Defence. Or maybe they're just misled, deceived, twisted..." Flynn suggests, rubbing his neck thoughtfully, his mind suddenly elsewhere. Only Nadia and Kilo know of the scars hidden by his collar.
Serence Frostbite wrote: "Nice to meet you too" Josh smiled
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "You can enter if you like," Kilo called to the Ferret by the phone. "We are friendly!"
"oh yeah! Would you like to meet some new friends? I'm sure they would love to meet ya"
"Oh! I'd love to!" She laughs to herself and looks towards the new people. Waving happily, "Sorry.. I guess I'm just a bit spacey today!" She holds out her paw in greeting like she did Josh. "I do like sushi! Those packages over at the store are really all I can get though."
"The Universe is vast.
You are also vast.
So is an ant.
There are different sizes of infinity."
~Welcome to Night Vale

Housepets Characters:
Slinks
S6P5E5C8I5A7L6
Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Mr Homan did," Leslie replied, before thinking. "but he did say we woodn't cach them on fut and there waz an Officur involvud." He touched his neck by the collar. "Officur's down't lyke mising collars. We shud get wun furst? My home's knot far..."
"You... think? What about your friend? Isn't it supposed to be "Safety First, Repercussions Later?""
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Nadia just gave the new guest a nod as she came in, while Josh stuck around the door for a little bit before closing it.
WeirdGamer wrote: "Defense? I usually just run. Though maybe because that's what Lucky does." He shrugs and continues eating.
"Most people would run when danger comes yeah" the vixen agreed.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um, yeh," Leslie admitted, admitting to various truths, "but I fink theyur gowing tew fast for us and there's an Officur hew will catch them furst. So we'd need tew get Oreo owt of trubble with the Officur... They won't deel if they fink yew're a ferul coz of no collar."
------------------
"What magazines do they have here," Chip asked, the Buck regaining her attention, "as you're not planning on leaving this room for even a second, yeah?"
-----------------
Kilo stepped forward on the table and gestured to the newcomer and the room. "Good afternoon, young lady," he greeted, "Please," the elderly Mouse added, "Enter. I am Kilo. The Canine here is Ryyn and Flynn and Nadia are over there. And I cannot run," he added, replying to Nadia, "so there is little point in fear."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Moonbeam slows to walk along side of Rocky..
He shakes his head jingling the pet tags attached to the underside of his halter.
We are classified as PETS! not livestock.. (he snorts), We already can go anywhere any of the other pets can go.
Moonbeam lifts his nose up into the air, sniffing the breeze..
We gotta follow our nose to find the mares.
Besides, there are no mares where we live, so why go back there?
"Hmm. If you are pets, which can assumed to be true since as you pointed out, you each have collars. It is curious that there seems to be people chasing you. And I have never been to your residence, so I take your word that there are no mares on the premises. But I would also imagine your owner also provides you food? Shelter? And apparently this barn cat that protects you from other dangerous carnivores? That would seem like a large trade-off to give for these mares you are looking for."
Keeshah wrote:Oh A verry good one. I don't wanna fall off! it's like a 1000 feet to the ground!!
"Well, my question was more towards why you are on that horse in the first place, though it is true I do not recommend attempting a dismount now or..." Riley looked around the flat farmland about them. "Anytime in the near future. May I ask for a name? I feel we have long since broken the ice, and there is a sense of comradely to be stuck on horseback with another individual."

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: I have never been to your residence, so I take your word that there are no mares on the premises. But I would also imagine your owner also provides you food? Shelter? And apparently this barn cat that protects you from other dangerous carnivores? That would seem like a large trade-off to give for these mares you are looking for."
It's not much to see! just a barn, corral, and field, with very hard to open gates!
We never get out, to go run free..

Roarin wrote:"Well, my question was more towards why you are on that horse in the first place, though it is true I do not recommend attempting a dismount now or..." Riley looked around the flat farmland about them. "Anytime in the near future. May I ask for a name? I feel we have long since broken the ice, and there is a sense of comradely to be stuck on horseback with another individual."
I'm called Oreo by my humans, an i jumped on when they went pass me. wanted to ride like a cowboy!

Moonbeam's ears crop up!
Oh!! you wanted to be a cowboy?
Making a sharp right turn, gathering his legs under him, and Jumping over a grate barrier in the fence line..
Then you should be riding a cow, not me. Moonbeam says, as he trots out into the field twords the grazing cows.

Rocky comes to a halt, looking down at the grate crossing, thinking it is a deep crevasse.
Come on, what are you waiting for?
But.. but.. it's a deep hole. i'll fall in.
Hah. it's just an human illusion meant to trick us livestock from trying to cross.
Are you sure?
I got over it, see?
Yea but..
it's easy to jump over, and much safer than trying to walk across it.
See you out in the fields..
Moonbeam calls back, continuing on to the cattle.
Rocky looks up and back at the grate crossing, judging the distance he needs to jump..
I can do this, I can do this. I can... SNAP! Urrrk!
Getting pulled around to the left by the halter rope attached to his halter by Kandi, who had been follow behind the equines in the truck ..
Oh No! Busted!
Kandi ties the lead rope to a tiedown point on the truck side rail.
Bad Mule! No Carrot!

Kandi gets the pet tranq riffle from the bed of the truck and goes out into the field..
Come here Moonbeam, now. Or i'll tranq you into tomorrow and have Rocky drag you back home..
WHAT! No!!!!
You have any idea what that would do to my lovely glorious pelt!!
He exclaims worriedly.
You! Here. pointing to the ground before her.Now!..
Yeah! were saved~!
moonbeam sulks back to where kandi is standing..
SNORT!.. More like back to being imprisoned.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Serence Frostbite wrote:Nadia just gave the new guest a nod as she came in, while Josh stuck around the door for a little bit before closing it.
WeirdGamer wrote: "Defense? I usually just run. Though maybe because that's what Lucky does." He shrugs and continues eating.
"Most people would run when danger comes yeah" the vixen agreed.
"Yeah, see, that's because we're smart," replies. He taps his head to demonstrate that he's a thinking and intelligent dog.
------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "What magazines do they have here," Chip asked, the Buck regaining her attention, "as you're not planning on leaving this room for even a second, yeah?"
"Hmm..." Lucky peruses a table. "The usual stuff. Home design, parenting, a weird local hippie magazine...oh, Highlights! Want to know if you're a goofus or a gallant?"

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

So absorbed in the conversation with the horses while puzzling over how to stop them, Riley flinched, grasping a hold of Rocky as he was suddenly yanked to the side by a stranger.
Steadying herself, the spaniel watched as Kandi next "coaxed" Moonbeam back over with some choice words.
"Am I safe to assume these are your horses Miss?" Riley asked after both runaways were tightly secured to the truck.

"I greatly appreciate your intervention. To be honest, I don't believe I was making any headway in convincing them to turn around." The canine swung one of her legs over before hopping off the equine and onto the truck. Once securely on solid ground once more the dog patted down her uniform.

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:So absorbed in the conversation with the horses while puzzling over how to stop them, Riley flinched, grasping a hold of Rocky as he was suddenly yanked to the side by a stranger.
Steadying herself, the spaniel watched as Kandi next "coaxed" Moonbeam back over with some choice words.
"Am I safe to assume these are your horses Miss?" Riley asked after both runaways were tightly secured to the truck.

Kandi looks around for Paul, carp...
Yeah, They are the one who are going to make me go grey before my time.
Roarin wrote: "I greatly appreciate your intervention. To be honest, I don't believe I was making any headway in convincing them to turn around." The canine swung one of her legs over before hopping off the equine and onto the truck. Once securely on solid ground once more the dog patted down her uniform.
There not good at listening.
Yes we are! you just never say anything worth listening too.
GASP!
What was that? You asking to be put on straw and water rations?
Ewww no.. i like my oats.
We never get out, well unless it's to be put to work..
An just what do you want to do, go terrorizing through the countryside?
It was good to stretch our legs.
Kandi eyes Rocky.
Your letting Moonbeam rub off on you again.
Snort! we want to be treated like the other pets are...!
Your not like the other pets, you can hurt them without knowing it.
An yet our big scary cougar, can go out with the other pets.
I know her, she is a very nice kitty.
She earned that right, knowing that she slipped up even once, they would have demanded her life, or sent away to live locked away in the Zoo.
We live locked away, an are not given the chance to earn the right to be free!
KJandi puts her hands on her hips.
Your really pushing it Moonbeam!..
Just how are you going to play with the other pets?

We can figure something out..
We can give them rides!
Shhhhh that's work!
So you don't want to earn it..?eyeing Moonbeam
Moonbeam rolls his eyes.
I guess i could submit to that if i had too..
That's pretty non-committal.
OK I'LL DO IT!!
Yeah! we be free
An who is going to watch you, while you are running around free?
An are you going to listen to them?

Why do we need that? the cougar doesn't have to do that.
Oh yes she did. The pet training school watched her closely. An even now the Rangers keep an eye on Senka.
We are going to have to go to pet skool?
You can attend with me! it's fun learning how to be civilized and not like you were born in a barn!
But we were born in a barn!
An live in one.
I don't think you would fit in the class rooms.
The pets could watch us.Leaning down to nose the dog in the back.
Like this one, she already thinks she is in charge.
She is in charge of the other pets.
Oh!
You wanting to be a police horse for her? I wonder if she would want to put up with you?
Citrisfur

Richmond Acres - Nadirth'ynn Responds

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um, yeh," Leslie admitted, admitting to various truths, "but I fink theyur gowing tew fast for us and there's an Officur hew will catch them furst. So we'd need tew get Oreo owt of trubble with the Officur... They won't deel if they fink yew're a ferul coz of no collar."
"Alright then, let's go. You lead this time," Nadir responds, shrugging. She has no reason to complain about the sudden change in plan.
Last edited by Citrisfur on Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Keeshah wrote:You wanting to be a police horse for her? I wonder if she would want to put up with you?
"Naw, she needs a reliable horse that stays where they're meant to!" Paul points out, appearing from the treeline. He looks rather sheepish as the eyes turn towards him, covered in mud with his visor up, and pushing the bike which is also mud-splattered and sporting a very flat tyre.

~~~~
Flynn decides not to point out that one doesn't always get the chance to flee danger, focusing instead on his meal. He's soon distracted by his phone ringing.
"It's Mum, for you, Kilo." he says after a moment, offering the device on speaker for the mouse.

~~~~
"Vet said I have to wear it in bed too. What's this?" Simon asks, opening the wardrobe.

~~~~
Olivia's eyes go wide in amazement at the string tricks.
"Can you teach me that? And what's a watermill? And what's flour?"

"It... Seems you have a good place here..." Ed opines, looking at the food.
"Can we... Eat some of it? Please?"

~~~~
"You're welcome. Glad I could help." Jackie smiles, waving the singer and his dog off.

~~~~
"Oh, right." Jack says, scanning for and finding Tira's chip and starting the paperwork. Seeing where the pets are looking, he grins a bit.
"Don't worry, that's just our clinic cat. Most vets have one or two. Ours is just a bit bigger than most." he reassures his customers.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Oh, right." Jack says, scanning for and finding Tira's chip and starting the paperwork. Seeing where the pets are looking, he grins a bit.
"Don't worry, that's just our clinic cat. Most vets have one or two. Ours is just a bit bigger than most." he reassures his customers.
Anthony smiles at the comment, effectively having a bit bigger dog at his side. Or so he assumes, she's already moving once Jack turned back to the paperwork. He watches Jack and Tiramisu, basically her chaperone in his mind, while his actual charge is escaping.

Cala gives Tira one last rapid sign barrage, pointing at her, then the two, then her own eyes and pointing in the opposite direction with a thumbs up. She then casually walks towards the room-
Roarin wrote:Shaking her head she trodded on, only to have one of the cans slip out of her grasp and roll across the floor in their direction. "Carp..." The mountain lion grumbled, quickening her pace to escape the room before the metal can clattered to a stop against someone's foot.

-snatching the can off the floor as she goes, quickly glancing at the label to figure out what it is. It's not enough to warrant its own investigation, so she continues on to the room, both by memory and scent. As soon as she gets to the doorway she opens it and slides along the wall, trying to lose the last party's sight line. Looking up at the scene she's entered her ears flick back in embarrassment within the hat, giving a gentle salute-hello as she tries to play off her intrusion, the can hidden behind her leg. She has no fear of the creatures themselves. Her only real emotion from this scene is self-consciousness as she realizes her clothes are pretty out there. Yet even realizing that, she's still forgotten the red-painted muzzle. She doesn't see herself as a threat to others... if only it was her decision.
All the characters!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:The pets could watch us.Leaning down to nose the dog in the back.
Like this one, she already thinks she is in charge.
She is in charge of the other pets.
Oh!
You wanting to be a police horse for her? I wonder if she would want to put up with you?
Turning around, the canine gently raised a hand towards Moonbeam, pausing first, as if to ask for permission, or at least let the horse know what she was doing, before petting and rubbing the stallion's neck in strong, steady strokes. "Hmm, having a horse on the police force would be quite beneficial... seeing as." Riley glanced over at Paul, rolling his bike over to meet them. "Certain modes of transportation seem inadequate for traversing rough terrain such as the forest floor."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Naw, she needs a reliable horse that stays where they're meant to!" Paul points out
"As this gentleman points out, that is as they say, the rub. I've some experience with equestrianship in the past, but having a good rider isn't sufficient enough to be a police horse. A police horse must act as an extension of its rider. As such, reliably and poise are key when it comes that particular job. And to be frank, though you do hold a unique enthusiasm and... creative thinking skills, your fellow horse is a few hooves in front of you so much in that he is more... malleable, and thus more easily trained."

Ref Ref!