HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Kandi, the horses got out. Looks like there are some other animals with them too. We'd better round them up before they get too far. Senka, will you be okay watching your siblings for a bit? Chris has a callbell for the nurse if you need anything. Don't worry, Chris. This happens occasionally. Just means the horses figured out Kandi's latest gate latch, normally."
I swear that horse must be part husky! with the way he can escape.
There no way they opened that gate!! they can't even get their noses near the latch.
Senka, you staying here, or do you wanna chase after some horse meat?

Citrisfur wrote: "Wait, what happened to Oreo? Didn't he run in here?" Tiramisu asks no one in particular, unaware that he wasn't on their trip to get registered as well.
Arrrgh now who let the equines out?
Kandi say as she runs out of the building.
"As much as I'd like to corral some horses, I think- aaaand there she goes..." Senka let out a soft snort before turning to Paul. "Yeah, I can stay here with them. From the way things are going they probably need you out there more than me anyways." She then ambled her way back over to Chris, an exasperated look on her face.
"Welcome to Richmond Acres. You have successfully traded hunger and starvation for stress and shenanigans."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

WingedTheta wrote: Slinks turns around with a smile, offering a paw to shake. "Hey! I'm Slinks, could we please use your phone? Our car broke down." She explains, pointing a thumb back to the busted car, the smoke having cleared a bit to reveal her owners being mostly useless around the car.
"Ah, er, sure!" Josh accepted the hand shake, then stepped aside "Come on in"
WingedTheta

Post by WingedTheta »

Serence Frostbite wrote: "Ah, er, sure!" Josh accepted the hand shake, then stepped aside "Come on in"
Slinks nods, her handshake loose while she slips inside. "We just moved in"" She explains, blinking a few steps over the thereshold. "Where's your phone? And thanks for all this, you're a big help!"
"The Universe is vast.
You are also vast.
So is an ant.
There are different sizes of infinity."
~Welcome to Night Vale

Housepets Characters:
Slinks
S6P5E5C8I5A7L6
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Quite suddenly Simon starts giggling.
"I've never been complimented on my neck before! That was random. Thanks though!"

~~~~
After getting the nod from her father, Olivia steps forward with the confidence only children can muster.
"Well," she begins, taking a deep breath and holding up her dolls, "This is Lucy and this is Tilly. And that's my baby brother, Harry, and that's my daddy."
Taking the offered paw, she realises she's forgotten someone important.
"Oh! A-a-and I'm Olivia! Pleased ta meetcha!" she smiles with a clumsy curtsy, remembering her manners at last.

~~~~
"So, only on paper, huh? So you're definitely a wild fox then? How did you end up registered as a pet then?" Flynn asks Nadia, scooping up another mouthful of salad.

~~~~
"Sure, I can do that. Do you know exactly which painkiller he's on or what the dosage is?" Jackie asks.
"Sure, you can talk to him for a bit. I'll go grab that medication from our pharmacy. That'll give you a few minutes to talk to him in private." the vet says once the details are worked out.
"I'll be right back..."

~~~~
Paul chases after Kandi.
"Let me know where you want me, Kandi!" he calls after her.

~~~~
"All right, we can help with that. We can't actually register them ourselves - you'll need to go to City Hall for that - but we can give you all the paperwork and get them on the microchip database.I can also check the City Hall records to see if she's registered already. First, let's check for a microchip." Jack says, pulling out the scanner.
'Hey, girl. Just gonna run this over your neck and shoulders, okay? It won't hurt at all, it'll just beep if you have a chip. Can you hold still for me?" he asks, approaching the wolf.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: "All right, we can help with that. We can't actually register them ourselves - you'll need to go to City Hall for that - but we can give you all the paperwork and get them on the microchip database.I can also check the City Hall records to see if she's registered already. First, let's check for a microchip." Jack says, pulling out the scanner.
'Hey, girl. Just gonna run this over your neck and shoulders, okay? It won't hurt at all, it'll just beep if you have a chip. Can you hold still for me?" he asks, approaching the wolf.
Cala gives Anthony a begging look as Jack approaches, both of them fully aware that she doesn't have one, but he doesn't say anything on the matter. For all he knows she's carrying something just to set it off. "Perfect, thanks. Heading to City Hall won't be an issue, might help us learn the layout of the town better." Cala, realizing he's not going to help, hesitantly lowers her arms to her side, bracing herself as if it were going to shock her.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After a moment of holding him, Nola composed herself and pulled back slightly, letting a watery smile show. "Most people get to see it same time as the rest of you," she said, tapping the top of his nose. "It gets overshadowed. You want help putting that thing back on?"
----------
"Delighted to meet you. If you and your servants..." - he winked to servant 'daddy' - "want to follow me, I can take you through to the others in the colony. Sort you out a place to rest. Long trip," he asked, more to Ed this time.
----------
"Hellow, Miss Kandi," Leslie called as she ran by behind him.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Sure, I can do that. Do you know exactly which painkiller he's on or what the dosage is?" Jackie asks.
"Sure, you can talk to him for a bit. I'll go grab that medication from our pharmacy. That'll give you a few minutes to talk to him in private." the vet says once the details are worked out.
"I'll be right back..."
Before the vet walked out, Blackie handed them a slip that detailed the dosage Kryo was on. Then once the vet left, Blackie walked over to Kryo and both of them hugged each other, but not too hard in case there was any other issues. "You know, when you play tag, you're not supposed to also play lumberjack," he joked with Kryo chuckling at the remark, "How are you doing?" Kryo shrugged, "I'm fine. Just a bit woozy still. How was the concert?" Blackie smiled and told him the concert was great as always though he added, "Sadly I won't be able to make it back in time for dinner tonight. The band that was supposed to perform tonight had to cancel at the last minute due to a sickness so we said we'd do a second show. Sorry, buddy." Kryo nodded, "It's fine. Honestly, I didn't really think of supper so I might grab some take-out then. By the way, made some friends in the park earlier before I smacked into the tree" Blackie smiled and said, "I think I passed by them on my way in here. I'll be sure to stop and thank them for watching over you. Speaking of which, I need to get going. I'm gonna talk to the vet one more time then to your new friends...love you, Kryo." Kryo smiled and they both hugged again before Blackie walked back to the waiting vet. Pulling out his wallet, he told the vet while handing them the money "Here, this should cover everything. Thanks for helping Kryo here."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

CyberDragon wrote:
"Have job interview today." Deus said, grinning with a mouth full of sharp teeth.. "Bar bouncer. Will either help reputation with humans, or hurt. Depend on number of humans needing ejecting from establishment. Maybe one day will be trusted enough to make friends. For now, must drop mice off at home." the bear gestured for the mouse and cat to stay where they were, then walked off through the brush out of sight.
Of course, both Sunny and Luna didn't have room to argue so they played among themselves while they waited for their friends to come back from the cave.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

WingedTheta wrote: Slinks nods, her handshake loose while she slips inside. "We just moved in"" She explains, blinking a few steps over the thereshold. "Where's your phone? And thanks for all this, you're a big help!"
"No problem. It's right over there, by the vase" Josh pointed "And welcome to the neighborhood!"
Hlaoroo wrote: "So, only on paper, huh? So you're definitely a wild fox then? How did you end up registered as a pet then?" Flynn asks Nadia, scooping up another mouthful of salad
"Well, it started out as an agreement." Nadia explained, taking a mouth full of soda
"He needed protection, and I needed information. The guy, despite being a trouble magnet, can't fight to save his life, and there's only so much information a pack of foxes can gather snooping at the edge of civilizations. We somehow ran into each other bunch of times, and one of my nieces ended up taking a liking to him, so eventually we just kinda agreed that maybe we can help each other out, first thing on the list was finding a way to legally travel around together, and registering as his pet seem easy enough"
WingedTheta

Post by WingedTheta »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"No problem. It's right over there, by the vase" Josh pointed "And welcome to the neighborhood!"
She nods and leaps onto the table, then blinks a few times. "I forgot a few things." She admits, rushing outside and swishing her tail, hopping into the car and rushing out with a card and slip of paper. Smiling as she gets up on the table and dials in the number, speaking aloud as she reads it over. "The car broke down... uhm, white smoke..." She looks outside from the window, Eleventh street. Thanks for everything. She smiles and sits down. "Thank you so much... what's your name?
"The Universe is vast.
You are also vast.
So is an ant.
~Welcome to Night Vale

Housepets Characters:
Slinks
S6P5E5C8I5A7L6
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ow, thanks." Simon says, handing over the collar. "Kinda awkward to see what I'm doing."

~~~~
Olivia giggles again.
"They're not servants, silly! They're my famlee!" she points out.
"What's a servant?" the pup asks, following Tracks.

"Thanks, Mr. Tracks. I'm Ed, by the way." Ed says, shaking paws with the other mouse and then hefting his pack in one paw and Harry in the other.

~~~~
"Trouble magnet, huh? Guess you two were made for each other then." Flynn teases.

~~~~
"Well, you're not chipped. Did you want her chipped, sir? City Hall does offer a small discount on registration for chipped pets." Jack says. "I'm a nurse as well as a receptionist so I can do it for you if you want."

~~~~
"I can't take your money, sir, but thank you." Jackie smiles, handing over the medication.
"The receptionist can take your payment for you. So, I'll ask you to take Kryo home, please, and keep him quiet at least until tomorrow morning. If he passes out again or gets nauseous of if you see any bleeding, call us immediately." Jackie instructs, handing Blackie a business card.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I can't take your money, sir, but thank you." Jackie smiles, handing over the medication.
"The receptionist can take your payment for you. So, I'll ask you to take Kryo home, please, and keep him quiet at least until tomorrow morning. If he passes out again or gets nauseous of if you see any bleeding, call us immediately." Jackie instructs, handing Blackie a business card.
Taking the medication and business card, Blackie smiles and thanks the vet, then heads over and picks up Kryo from the bed. "Come on, boy," Blackie smiled, "Let's get you home and into bed. Think I'll let you sleep on the couch today, OK? Just so I can keep an eye on you for the vet here," Kryo smiled back then asked, "But what about your concert?" Blackie shrugged, "I'll call them and tell them to get a back-up singer and explain to everyone what happened. Besides, you're more important right now then a concert." Kryo chuckled as Blackie walked towards the receptionist to hand them the cash before falling asleep in his arms. "Thanks again for treating Kryo here," Blackie said softly as Kryo fell asleep, "Say uh...are those pets that brought Kryo here still here? I'd like to meet them."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Paul chases after Kandi.
"Let me know where you want me, Kandi!" he calls after her.

Looks for some peace and quiet, of a lazy day horseback riding.
Instead of the hussle bussle of the clinic's full waiting room?

As she goes into the barn, and brings out hobbles, reins and lead ropes, and the trank dart gun.
Putting them into the back of the pick-up truck.
Lets see, knowing Moonbeam, he be out looking for mares.. Figures that gelding would turn out to be a stag.
Driving off in the truck.. Zrooom!
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Hellow, Miss Kandi," Leslie called as she ran by behind him.
Kandi pulls over in the pick-up..
You didn't happen to see two equines trot by here, looking up to no good?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Well, you're not chipped. Did you want her chipped, sir? City Hall does offer a small discount on registration for chipped pets." Jack says. "I'm a nurse as well as a receptionist so I can do it for you if you want."
Cala starts trying to signal no to Anthony, but he responds far faster than her. "Nope, she's fine. The collar's plenty, she's responsible. Thanks though." She smiles proudly in response, assuming that the answer was honest. "Do you need to scan Tira as well?" Anthony gestures back to her.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, there's no 'mister' here, Ed," Tracks advised, shaking the proffered paw. "At least not between the grown ups. And, I admit, no servants either. Let's go show you the colony, hmm? And let me take the pack?"
Olivia would find one of her arms being lifted up as Watt returned to the group. "A servant is someone who has to do what you say, what what," he told her, a cunning glint in his eye. "Many of us do as we're asked but not as we're told, what what? Your strength is good, you should get on well here. We need more young'uns, what what? The name's Watt, but I don't know why, what what."
---------------
"Might I enquire as to what sort of troubles, Nadia," Kilo asked.
---------------
"They went that wae, Miss Kandi," Leslie said, indicating the rough direction the escapees had gone in. "Qwikur throu the park," he told Nadir. "If yew want tew? Or lunch?"
---------------
Nola put her arms around Simon's head to reattach the annoying collar. Once that was done, she sat facing him. "Anything you want to do now, Simon?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Citrisfur

Richmond Acres - Nadirth'ynn and Tiramisu Respond

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"They went that wae, Miss Kandi," Leslie said, indicating the rough direction the escapees had gone in. "Qwikur throu the park," he told Nadir. "If yew want tew? Or lunch?"
"Maybe we should follow them. This is kinda interesting," Nadirth'ynn decides, "and I don't think I could rest easy with those monsters out there..." she quietly adds with a slight shudder.
DdeeStar wrote:[Anthony] gestures Tiramisu over to join them. "She's... Tira." He looks at Cala for help, not able to recall Tiramisu's real name, but she's still got her hat covering her.
"Tiramisu Pomerate!" she says, proudly. "Full names are important for documentation."
Hlaoroo wrote:"All right, we can help with that. We can't actually register them ourselves - you'll need to go to City Hall for that - but we can give you all the paperwork and get them on the microchip database."
"Ugh, more work..." Tira sighs, quietly to herself.
Hlaoroo wrote:"I can also check the City Hall records to see if she's registered already. First, let's check for a microchip." Jack says, pulling out the scanner.
"Oh, if I'm already chipped, do I have to do registration again?" Tira asks, hopeful.
DdeeStar wrote:"Do you need to scan Tira as well?" Anthony gestures back to her.
Tiramisu walks forward to stand in front of Jack without waiting for his response, although she also looks back at Cala to see if she's still covering her face or throwing signs at her.
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

WingedTheta wrote: She nods and leaps onto the table, then blinks a few times. "I forgot a few things." She admits, rushing outside and swishing her tail, hopping into the car and rushing out with a card and slip of paper. Smiling as she gets up on the table and dials in the number, speaking aloud as she reads it over. "The car broke down... uhm, white smoke..." She looks outside from the window, Eleventh street. Thanks for everything. She smiles and sits down. "Thank you so much... what's your name?
"Call me Josh" Josh replied with a smile "What's yours? Where will you be staying?"
Hlaoroo wrote: "Trouble magnet, huh? Guess you two were made for each other then." Flynn teases.
"har har" Nadia grinned, gently poking Flynn's nose "Well I attracted to you, are you trouble then? Big bad bunny?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Might I enquire as to what sort of troubles, Nadia," Kilo asked.
"Well....hmm" The vixen paused for a moment "Back then he somehow attracted robbers, ruffians, all sort of lousy types that would try to rob the guy, sometimes even tried to go for his life. I guess it was just that wandering without direction look in him."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"The Horses probubly arenut so bad," leslie advised Nadir. "We'll hav tew run," he said brightly, his expression showing how happy he was at the prospect. Oreo was his bestest friend but the Skunk couldn't run for long and Leslie wanted to test himself. "Kan yew run," he taunted with a grin, before setting off at a moderate pace, peeking to make sure his new friend wasn't too far behind. If she was, he'd slow down a bit. He didn't want to lose her as he headed back through the parks.
---------------
"And now he's talking to the Ferret alone, hmm," Kilo said, a twinkle in his eye.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WingedTheta

Post by WingedTheta »

"I'm staying in number 23. Call me Slinks~ She chirps happily, crossing her legs on the table. "It's really nice to meet someone here! Formally, anyways..."
"The Universe is vast.
You are also vast.
So is an ant.
~Welcome to Night Vale

Housepets Characters:
Slinks
S6P5E5C8I5A7L6
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

With the mouse family dropped off, Deus stood up and started walking back out of the cave toward the orchard.

Flash lingered for a little while longer. "Hey, Tracks? Would you mind keeping an eye on them and showing them around for a few minutes? We've got a few other visitors waiting back at the orchard. They're not allowed near the cave, but Deus and I need to keep them busy for now."
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Of course, both Sunny and Luna didn't have room to argue so they played among themselves while they waited for their friends to come back from the cave.
It didn't take too long for Deus to emerge from the brush once again. "Sorry. I back. Where we leave off?" he asked.

--------------------------------
Roarin wrote:"As much as I'd like to corral some horses, I think- aaaand there she goes..." Senka let out a soft snort before turning to Paul. "Yeah, I can stay here with them. From the way things are going they probably need you out there more than me anyways." She then ambled her way back over to Chris, an exasperated look on her face.
"Welcome to Richmond Acres. You have successfully traded hunger and starvation for stress and shenanigans."
Chris managed to smile, weakly. He was still holding on to Kassandra's hand. "We're young enough. Stress won't kill us. Starvation will." He said. Though at the thought of hunger, and thus the thought of food, his stomach growled. "Um... do you have any more food?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"The Horses probubly arenut so bad," leslie advised Nadir.

Moonbeam stops, sending Oreo sliding off to hang off the side of his mane. Sniffing at the air..
This is smelling too civilized, were going the wrong way! We need to get back to the rural areas.
Wheeling about, to canter off back the way they came..
Rocky grasps Oreo in his teeth and puts the little skunk back up onto Moonbeam's neck.
Oww oww oww!
Sorry didn't want you to fall..
No worries... i think...
Kandi screeches to a stop in the truck..
Hey Hold it right there!
Oh GeeeZz Cheese it!
Galloping off faster away
Right behind you..
Racing back at the Kitten and ferret.. thundering hooves Ho!!

Kandi turns the truck around and is back off after the run away horses
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

To avoid waking the babe, Tracks simply nodded back to Flash.
-----------------
Leslie, having spotted the Horses coming, jumped back and tried to push Nadir out of the way. "They're comin bak," he told his new friend as his best one lolloped past. Not that he was thinking they'd hit him, of course.
---------------
"You can enter if you like," Kilo called to the Ferret by the phone. "We are friendly!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

CyberDragon wrote:Chris managed to smile, weakly. He was still holding on to Kassandra's hand. "We're young enough. Stress won't kill us. Starvation will." He said. Though at the thought of hunger, and thus the thought of food, his stomach growled. "Um... do you have any more food?"
"Hmm, the vet told me that you guys shouldn't be eating too much food too soon. But..." Senka grumbled, looking over the half-starved bodies of her siblings. "I guess we could see if there's a pantry to raid. You wanna come and see what they have?" She glanced over at the wheeled stretcher the vets left behind on their chase after the horses. "If you want, I could wheel us all around to see if we could find something. That way we wouldn't have to leave Kass behind."

Ref Ref!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Citrisfur wrote:"Tiramisu Pomerate!" she says, proudly. "Full names are important for documentation."
Anthony laughs and nods, correcting his earlier statement with "Ah, good catch. This is Cahalith Valouri. Cala's a nickname." She gives a slight nod to accompany this note.
Citrisfur wrote:Tiramisu walks forward to stand in front of Jack without waiting for his response, although she also looks back at Cala to see if she's still covering her face or throwing signs at her.
Cala stands perfectly still until Jack's attention is on Tiramisu, then grants herself a small frown of annoyance. Her plot's not working at all, there's no way he's falling for this. She bumps Anthony and blindly begins a barrage of signs straight towards the desk, mixing in full word signs and spelling with letters to help reduce the chance of anyone catching on without constantly watching. He doesn't think I'm a dog, he's just being polite. But this place sounds really busy, I bet I can keep him in the dark. And the scents! Her face switches to a mild interest as her train of thought switches tracks, suddenly curious about the mystery behind each scent. She tilts her hat up gingerly to watch for Anthony's response.

Anthony notes her flurry of signs, and with a moment of two to decipher the meanings, replies in his own calmer motions There are a lot of people here. Better that we don't cause trouble. Suddenly aware of her faulty prioritization, she gives a curt nod and focuses back in to this adopted shyness. Once more the hat hides her eyes from the scene. As the windows to the soul, they're what give away her faked emotions most often, and this plan's already on the edge of blowing up on her. Still. She can pull this off.
All the characters!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie, having spotted the Horses coming, jumped back and tried to push Nadir out of the way. "They're comin bak," he told his new friend as his best one lolloped past. Not that he was thinking they'd hit him, of course.
---------------
AAaaaaaAAAAaaaaaaaaaa How do you steer these things~!

With our reins.
but we are not wearing reins or bridles..
Oh, then i guess you don't
Victory is mine! MuHaaaaaaa!
Citrisfur

Richmond Acres - Nadirth'ynn and Tiramisu Respond

Post by Citrisfur »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie, having spotted the Horses coming, jumped back and tried to push Nadir out of the way. "They're comin bak," he told his new friend as his best one lolloped past. Not that he was thinking they'd hit him, of course.
Instead of following the force of Leslie's small push, Nadir pulls Leslie closely towards her to clear her from the horses' obvious path, more concerned with the possible danger than her personal space at the moment. She quietly focuses on the horses' movements to be able to react to any sudden deviations in ample time.
DdeeStar wrote:Cala stands perfectly still until Jack's attention is on Tiramisu, then grants herself a small frown of annoyance. Her plot's not working at all, there's no way he's falling for this. She bumps Anthony and blindly begins a barrage of signs straight towards the desk, mixing in full word signs and spelling with letters to help reduce the chance of anyone catching on without constantly watching. He doesn't think I'm a dog, he's just being polite. But this place sounds really busy, I bet I can keep him in the dark. And the scents! Her face switches to a mild interest as her train of thought switches tracks, suddenly curious about the mystery behind each scent. She tilts her hat up gingerly to watch for Anthony's response.

Anthony notes her flurry of signs, and with a moment of two to decipher the meanings, replies in his own calmer motions There are a lot of people here. Better that we don't cause trouble. Suddenly aware of her faulty prioritization, she gives a curt nod and focuses back in to this adopted shyness. Once more the hat hides her eyes from the scene. As the windows to the soul, they're what give away her faked emotions most often, and this plan's already on the edge of blowing up on her. Still. She can pull this off.
Tiramisu watches a part of their silent conversation and completely misses all of the meaning behind the signs. Not only does she not know any sign language in the first place, she'd need extra time to focus on the words being signaled before she could make proper guesses, not to mention that she's still pretty young and her attention's already mostly drifted back over to Jack.
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Definutely strongur than me," Leslie's sort of muffled voice said into Nadir's shoulder during the impromptu not-a-hug.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

There was something about feeling the wind whip through her fur that Riley found intangibly pleasing. Head stuck out the window of a moving police car, the spaniel watched the road ahead of them, looking for familiar landmarks. Inside the car, the piloting officer grinned to himself, listening to the quick and rhythmic *pat pat* of the dog's tail wiggling against the car seat.

"Happy to be back?" He asked, once the canine had satisfied herself, paws combing through her fur that was now a mess.

"Mmh, yes. Though I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit apprehensive." Riley quipped back, straightening out the last of her stray strands of fur before moving on to fix her uniform. They told her she didn't have to wear it on her first day. But it comforted her, and she figure it'd be best to look professional in front of her new landlords.

"Things have changed since my station here, but I am looking forward to seeing some familiar faces." A small smile crept onto the canine's usually stoic muzzle. "Additionally, I was told that Officer Pepper was still in the neighborhood, it will be nice to reconvene with her. Ahem. That is of course, after I meet with the proprietors of where I will be staying."

"Speaking of which... numberrrrr twenty-six was it? This should be it."The police car slowly pulled up to curb, coming to a stop and letting the dog hop out.

So this was where she'd be living. Her new home. The canine gave it a quick overview glance as she approached the door. Quaint. Just how she remembered the houses being a few years back, and much more spacious than the apartments she'd seen in the city. Riley took in a deep breath, filtering scents both nostalgic and new through her nostrils. Alright well, here goes nothing...

She adjusted the creases in her uniform a final time and let out a soft cough to clear her throat before reaching up to ring the doorbell.

Ref Ref!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: She adjusted the creases in her uniform a final time and let out a soft cough to clear her throat before reaching up to ring the doorbell.
On the other side of the door, Brian waits a moment for the assistant to react as he finishes a line on Cala's activity reports. Another moment passes as he waits for the assistant to respond. Finally, he just puts down the laptop on the couch and answers the door himself.

Brian opens the door, holding it about two feet open and leaning on the frame to block the majority of the opening. Looking around, there's nothing pressing-except the police cruiser in his driveway. He realizes his error, looks down, and laughs as he locks eyes with Riley. Rapid-fire, he introduces with "Yep, saw this one coming. She's at the vet, driver's plates are PDZ8486, Ford Fiesta black, he's got a tracker on his phone if she's already gone." His business apparently concluded, he shuts the door and starts walking back to the couch.
All the characters!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

She had it all planned out, polite smile, paws placed behind her back. When the door finally opened she waited for them to lock eyes before she opened her muzzle to speak.
But "Hel-", was all she was able to get out before the man at the door interrupted her with a laugh.
DdeeStar wrote:"Yep, saw this one coming. She's at the vet, driver's plates are PDZ8486, Ford Fiesta black, he's got a tracker on his phone if she's already gone." His business apparently concluded, he shuts the door and starts walking back to the couch.
Somewhere along the way instinct had kicked in and the spaniel had taken out her notepad and pen, furiously writing the relevant information down. "Vet, PDZ8486, Ford fies...wait a second." As Riley looked up the door slammed shut in her face. "Umm."

"Bad first impression?" The officer had gotten out of the car and was leaning against the door, a smug smirk on his face. Riley snorted and waved him off before turning her attention back to the house. Apparently, she had been mistaken for an on-duty officer. Which in retrospect... made her decision to wear her uniform a bit more silly.

Putting aside whatever was potentially going on at the moment this time Riley resorted to simple knocking. "Excuse me. Sir? I believe there's been some sort of mixup. Hello?"

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Definutely strongur than me," Leslie's sort of muffled voice said into Nadir's shoulder during the impromptu not-a-hug.
Moonbeam makes a sharp turn to the left, sparks flying off from his metal shoes on the pavement.
Cantering off road between the houses, to thwart the pursuit by Kandi in the truck..
Rocky following along after him, every the hench-mule of Moonbeam..
Kandi screeches to a stop, with a long list of "words" that would make a sailor blush...
Roarin wrote: Somewhere along the way instinct had kicked in and the spaniel had taken out her notepad and pen, furiously writing the relevant information down. "Vet, PDZ8486, Ford fies...wait a second." As Riley looked up the door slammed shut in her face. "Umm."

SCRRRRRECH! of tires from somewhere close..
Along with the sound of thundering hooves..
Roarin wrote:"Bad first impression?" The officer had gotten out of the car and was leaning against the door, a smug smirk on his face. Riley snorted and waved him off before turning her attention back to the house. Apparently, she had been mistaken for an on-duty officer. Which in retrospect... made her decision to wear her uniform a bit more silly.

Putting aside whatever was potentially going on at the moment this time Riley resorted to simple knocking. "Excuse me. Sir? I believe there's been some sort of mixup. Hello?"

The two equines come stampeding from around the corner of the house..
Oreo clinging on for deer life..Stop stop, at-least slow down.. hey lookie out!!
EH.. no worries...
Moonbeam jumps over the Spaniel, standing in the pathway with the wide eyed deer in the headlights look!
Giving her a excellent view of the under side of a horse, before thudding down heavily on her other side.
Going around the other side of the house, making for the woods.
Rocky takes a wider turn to avoid the pair standing in the way..
I think animal control is tailing us now..

Moonbeam runs down along the edge of the forest..
Hey there is my house! let me off here.. Oh come on! stop..
Citrisfur

Richmond Acres - Nadirth'ynn Responds

Post by Citrisfur »

"That was pretty close," Nadir says, letting out a sigh and relaxing her grip on Leslie a little as the horses disappear in the distance once more. "I think they're running through the houses now, though. Someone's gonna get hurt for sure now."
Active RP Chars.
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • Takido|00d022|5857953

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "And now he's talking to the Ferret alone, hmm," Kilo said, a twinkle in his eye.
"I think it's fine, to be honest" Nadia shrugged
WingedTheta wrote:"I'm staying in number 23. Call me Slinks~ She chirps happily, crossing her legs on the table. "It's really nice to meet someone here! Formally, anyways..."
"Nice to meet you too" Josh smiled
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "You can enter if you like," Kilo called to the Ferret by the phone. "We are friendly!"
"oh yeah! Would you like to meet some new friends? I'm sure they would love to meet ya"
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote: Putting aside whatever was potentially going on at the moment this time Riley resorted to simple knocking. "Excuse me. Sir? I believe there's been some sort of mixup. Hello?"
Brian stops just before sitting, starting to actually consider what had happened. A mix-up? She didn't take her collar off around the other pets, did she? Anthony's never been great at keeping track of her. He opens the door again, fully this time and standing with a nearly concerned look. "She's no-
Keeshah wrote: EH.. no worries...
Moonbeam jumps over the Spaniel, standing in the pathway with the wide eyed deer in the headlights look!
Giving her a excellent view of the under side of a horse, before thudding down heavily on her other side.
Going around the other side of the house, making for the woods.
Rocky takes a wider turn to avoid the pair standing in the way..
I think animal control is tailing us now..
Brian's sentence is cut short, but he shows no visible sign of shock or surprise, just a mild annoyance at the insanity around him. He steps back and gestures the officer into the house, responding to the whole thing with a nonchalant "We'll talk in here." Six months here wouldn't inure him to the chaos, but two years around Cala had. He could maintain a casual discussion through an air raid.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Leslie agreed, pulling back just a little before his ears flipped to full alert. "We knead tew save Oreo," he said urgently, before looking down again. "But I don;t kno how... I like yore eye fur, by the way," he said, almost distracting himself. "Do yew hav any ideas?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

So caught up in the mix-up with Brian, the spaniel failed to notice the sprinting horses until one of them jumped over her. Riley watched, stunned for a split moment before she turned to the man at the door. "I apologize sir. But I'll need to speak with you at another time. Please stay indoors until the situation is resolved!"

She gave a small bow... then sprinted down the walkway, past the cop car where an equally stunned policeman was watching the situation.
"Get the local department and forest rangers! Got a Ten-Oh-Nine-One-Henry in pursuit!" Riley yelled as she passed by in the a blur after the two horses, her voice petering out as she got further away from Brian and the policeman.

“Halt!”

Sharing a glancing with the calm homeowner the cop reached inside his car the for the radio and began to contact the local authorities.

Meanwhile, if Brian bothered to look down at the ground, he would notice an abandoned notepad splayed out on his doorstep, probably dropped from the spaniel collar when she sprinted down his walkway after the horses. The contents of which were past cases, the few notes Riley jotted down just a minute ago, and a page next to it that read:
Notepad wrote:Things to remember when meeting with landlords:
- be polite and respectful
- landlords are new to town
- remember to take housewarming gift out of trunk

Ref Ref!
WingedTheta

Post by WingedTheta »

She grins in reply and asks, "Yeah! I'd love to... but... What do you do around here for fun? You run out of people to meet eventually."
Last edited by WingedTheta on Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Universe is vast.
You are also vast.
So is an ant.
~Welcome to Night Vale

Housepets Characters:
Slinks
S6P5E5C8I5A7L6
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: "Get the local department and forest rangers! Got a Ten-Oh-Nine-One-Henry in pursuit!" Riley yelled as she passed by in the a blur after the two horses, her voice petering out as she got further away from Brian and the policeman.

“Halt!”
Or what? you'll say Halt again?
GhEeeGhgh!!!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:To avoid waking the babe, Tracks simply nodded back to Flash.
Flash nodded quickly, then ran out to join Deus, Sunny, and Luna.

-------------------------
Roarin wrote:"Hmm, the vet told me that you guys shouldn't be eating too much food too soon. But..." Senka grumbled, looking over the half-starved bodies of her siblings. "I guess we could see if there's a pantry to raid. You wanna come and see what they have?" She glanced over at the wheeled stretcher the vets left behind on their chase after the horses. "If you want, I could wheel us all around to see if we could find something. That way we wouldn't have to leave Kass behind."
At first, Chris looked hopeful at the thought of more food. Then, when Kass was mentioned, he hesitated. "I... Don't know. I don't know what Kass will do if she wakes up surrounded by smaller animals. Especially while she's under... whatever it is they gave her."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Roarin wrote:So caught up in the mix-up with Brian, the spaniel failed to notice the sprinting horses until one of them jumped over her. Riley watched, stunned for a split moment before she turned to the man at the door. "I apologize sir. But I'll need to speak with you at another time. Please stay indoors until the situation is resolved!"
"I can do that." He adds a small nod to this.
Roarin wrote: Sharing a glancing with the calm homeowner the cop reached inside his car the for the radio and began to contact the local authorities.
He just gives a wave and starts to close the door, finding
Roarin wrote: an abandoned notepad splayed out on his doorstep, probably dropped from the spaniel collar when she sprinted down his walkway after the horses. The contents of which were past cases, the few notes Riley jotted down just a minute ago, and a page next to it that read:
Notepad wrote:Things to remember when meeting with landlords:
- be polite and respectful
- landlords are new to town
- remember to take housewarming gift out of trunk
Brian bends down to pick it up, glancing over the notes. The writing is adorable, reminding him of the earlier years where Cala would do observational studies of her siblings, and the dog's effort at a good impression manages to keep him calm while he shuts the door and premeditates Anthony's murder.
All the characters!