HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

~\Rook/~ wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
~\Rook/~ wrote:... "Where's Les?"

Leroy shrugged. "No clue, maybe he's in the kitchen, stuffing his face like last night.." He guessed jokingly.

"I'll go look, you can use the bathroom first.." Aron said, then headed out the room and to the kitchen.

He finds Leslie standing on a chair holding a carton of milk above a bowl.

"Hi, Les.. What are you doing?"
Leslie looked up and almost dropped the carton in his surprise. "Oh! Um" Leslie put a finger to his chin. "Waz making breakfast for Mister Leroy. Corn Flakes r safe, yes? Fink he will lyke it? Wood have made yors but..." He shrugged and grimaced. "Don't no what Rabits have for breakfast."
"It's okay, and I think he'll like it.. Didn't even know we had cornflakes, in fact, I didn't even buy any.."

He walks over to and picks up the cornflakes box. "Uh, these are out of date apparently.. Did you just open this?" He asks, looking around the box.
Leslie nodded, his ears drooping as he got the feeling this wasn't going to go as planned. "From that cubbard their" he said, gesturing to the one he'd opened. "I.. had trubble opening it. Cuddent ask Mr Leroy az it'z a secret breakfast for him... I've messed up?" Leslie put the carton on the table and sat dejectedly on the chair.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

John hears Koa's yelp from the kitchen. "Koa? You OK?" he calls, poking his head in the door.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I cant' move, the vet messed with the shards during the exam. They were just fine last night. Not to mention I'm out herbs for pain."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Right, don't even try to move. I know that sounds obvious but still. I'll put some clothes on and call the vet to let him know we're on our way in and then we'll get you there as fast as I can." He runs out of the room, dialling his phone and calling orders as he goes. "Flynn, get the tie-down straps from the car, Joan, find a piece of plywood in the garage big enough to fit Koa and bring them both to Flynn's room pronto! Hi, Doc, it's John Porter, sorry to call you so early. We've got a situation with Koa. Some of the glass has shifted whether from you fiddling yesterday or him moving in the night I don't know but he's suddenly in excruciating pain and can't move... Ahah, ahah, Yep, OK, we're doing that as we speak. We're bringing him straight in. Right. See you in a few minutes." Catching the tone in his voice, neither Joan nor Flynn stop to ask questions, both running to their respective tasks immediately.
When all three are gathered back in Koa's room, John lays the two straps on the floor and the plywood on top of them, then turns to Koa.
"We're making a makshift stretcher so we can get you to the clinic with as little movement as possible. We're going to slide you onto this wood and then I'll strap you on with the straps so you don't move around or slip off. Moving you is probably going to hurt but try not to struggle because you'll probably just make it worse." he motions to Joan to get Koa's feet.
"Ready? One, two, three." They quickly slide the dog off the beanbag and onto the wood as smoothly and carefully as possible and then John fastens the straps over Koa and ratchets them to a comfortable yet firm tightness. Then, sending Flynn ahead to fold down the back seats in John's car, the two humans carefully carry the stricken canine out to the car and slide him into the back. After a quick dash back into the house to collect keys and wallet, John speeds off to the clinic, arriving in record time and reverses straight up to the front door. Jumping out of the car, he opens the boot and then runs up the steps and bangs on the clinic door.
"Doc! You in there?"
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Rusty yawned as he ate his breakfast. He hadn't quite woken up entirely yet. Stretching once more, he climbed off the chair and wandered towards the door, waving goodbye to Jessica before rushing outside.

Now..., He thought, standing outside his house, What to do today?
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

What was previously wrote:... "Where's Les?"

Leroy shrugged. "No clue, maybe he's in the kitchen, stuffing his face like last night.." He guessed jokingly.

"I'll go look, you can use the bathroom first.." Aron said, then headed out the room and to the kitchen.

He finds Leslie standing on a chair holding a carton of milk above a bowl.

"Hi, Les.. What are you doing?"

Leslie looked up and almost dropped the carton in his surprise. "Oh! Um" Leslie put a finger to his chin. "Waz making breakfast for Mister Leroy. Corn Flakes r safe, yes? Fink he will lyke it? Wood have made yors but..." He shrugged and grimaced. "Don't no what Rabits have for breakfast."

"It's okay, and I think he'll like it.. Didn't even know we had cornflakes, in fact, I didn't even buy any.."

He walks over to and picks up the cornflakes box. "Uh, these are out of date apparently.. Did you just open this?" He asks, looking around the box.

Leslie nodded, his ears drooping as he got the feeling this wasn't going to go as planned. "From that cubbard their" he said, gesturing to the one he'd opened. "I.. had trubble opening it. Cuddent ask Mr Leroy az it'z a secret breakfast for him... I've messed up?" Leslie put the carton on the table and sat dejectedly on the chair.
"Hey, hey, it's okay.. they're probably still fine.." Aron says, walking back over to Leslie and putting a paw on his shoulder. "Just because it's out of date doesn't mean it's completely off. Sometimes.." He adds, guessing.

Then Leroy enters the room. "Ah hello you two- what's up?" He asks, noting Leslie's sad expression.

"Oh, Les wanted to make you a surprise breakfast, but the cornflakes are outta date.." Aron replies, pointing to the box.

Leroy looks questioningly at them both then at the box. "Did you buy those?"

"No, Leslie found them in a cupboard."

"Ah, last owner's must've left them.. That was only a week back, so they would be a little stale.." Leroy takes the milk and pours it into the bowl, then takes a spoonful and eats it. "Yep, but still good. Thank you Leslie, mind if I eat this in my chair?" He picks up the bowl and moves to the living room.

Aron stifles a laugh, then looks to Leslie."See? It's okay! Now, what would you like for breakfast?"
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um..." Leslie thought about what he might want. He doubted they'd have any of the mouse shaped 'krispy' cereal mommy used to buy him and what else was there? "Um... Dunnon. What iz there?" He swung himself off the chair and ran across to the fridge to put the milk back. Fridges were always exciting to look in.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury began to shovel his chosen food into his mouth
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"Say....Sandy , would you mind if I go in there?" Josh asked halfheartedly , after watching Nadia for a moment
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure, but if she's still asleep then don't wake her. I'll be over in the clinic if you need anything." With that, Sandy wanders back to the clinicto begin his chores.

~~~~
Paul unlocks the door and quickly helps carry Koa inside on the board. "Let's shift him onto the gurney here so I can examine him properly. One, two three." The two men shift Koa onto the table and then John stands the wood against the wall while Paul begins gently palpating to perfumey poultine Koa's problem. Seeing this is obviously too painful, he loads up a syringe with xylazine.
"This is a a sedative and a painkiller so I can have a proper look at you. You're going to feel a little sting and then you'll start to feel really drowsy. You'll probably find it difficult to move too but don't worry, that's normal. Samantha, please get the crash cart ready just in case." He inserts the needle into Koa's vein and within a minute the dog has quietened down. He also sticks some wires to Koa to monitor his breathing, heart rate and oxygen levels.
"Wait, crash cart? Is this something I should know about?"
"The sedative I just gave Koa is also a muscle relaxant so it'll help stop any movement which might shift the glass more. The risk with muscle relaxants is that they can also relax the diaphragm and if that happens he'll stop breathing. At the dose I've given him the risk is minimal but it's still better to be prepared." He returns to his palpating. "I can feel a lot more crunching here and here so those pieces have shifted and broken. We need to get these out right away in order to avoid nerve damage. I'll take another set of x-rays to check if any of the others have moved or gotten damaged."
Another trip to the x-ray machine reveals that the rest of the glass hasn't moved so while Samantha preps Koa for the surgery, Paul scrubs his hands and gowns and gloves up.
Samantha loads up another syring and then turns to the corgi. "I don't know if you can still hear me, Koa, but if you can, we're about to anaesthatise you and then we'll take you into surgery and remove this glass. You might feel another small sting and then you'll fall asleep, OK?" With Koa unconcious, Samantha hooks him up to the anaesthetic gas delivering machine and then shaves and scrubs the surgery sites, explaining things to John as she goes.
"The surgery is likely to take several hours since there's so much glass and since some of it is broken. If you have anything you need to do in the meantime, feel free and we'll give you a call when we're done." She goes on to give a few details about the nature of the procedure, the risks involved and the likely aftermath and then has John sign a form to say he's understood and accepted all the risks. That done, it's time to move Koa into the theatre.
"SANDY!"
"Yes, Mom?"
"Help me move Koa into the theatre, will you?" The two Waltons move Koa onto the operating table and then while Samantha stays in the theatre to monitor Koa's vitals, Sandy returns and shows John back to the waiting area.
"I guess I'll go back home and finish breakfast then. You'll let me know if anything happens?"
"Of course, of course. Mom and Dad know what they're doing. Koa will be just fine with them"
"Thank you. I guess I'll see you in a few hours then."
"See you later, Mr. Porter."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hutch slowly awakens at the commotion. Why would anyone be awake right now? Hutch thinks, because he doesn't wake up until, like, 8 or 9. He looks from the corner of his eye at Radar. Still asleep, probably. He attempts to fall back asleep, but then realizes, he is on the roof of a house.
The car starts to rev to a start. As it backs out of the drive way, Hutch tries to wave them down.
He would have shouted to wait, but it was too late. He had sped off in a dash. He notices Joan still at the porch.
Hello, Mrs. Joan? I seem to have gotten myself stuck on the roof last night. He gives her a smile.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

*yawn*
Senka's mind was in a hazy cloud as she woke, tired from last nights events. Sitting up she found herself on the couch. Senka didn't even remember falling asleep as she watched the TV attentively. The breaking news of the fire had carried late into the night.
Yawning again she looked around to see if she could spot Kandi.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joan turns and her eyes widen as she sees Hutch on the roof. "How on Earth did you get up there???"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

You remember those ninjas I was talking about last night? Hutch says airily.
I'm joking. You could say I was just... chasing rabbits. Hutch says with a mysterious tone in his voice.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Chasing... Is that Radar up there with you? Were you two up there all night?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well, I went to take back-- Never mind that, I went somewhere. But when I came back, I saw a weird lump on the roof.
For some reason I had a feeling that wasn't supposed to be there.
So, I used the gutter along the corner to help me climb the corner to get on top.
When I got to the lump, it turns out it was Radar. So, I put my jacket over her, but when I went to go back down, I realized I was stuck.
Hutch explained, telling it as if it were a story. Not a bed time story, but, well. You know.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"Yes , thank you" Josh said , and quietly step into the cage , waited until Sandy were out of sight
"hey.....Nad?"
" *sniff* hey...."
The white fox answered , still not opening her eyes , and now facing away from him
"How're you feeling ? ok ?"
" I *sniff* I don't know anymore . Ok I guess. I mean...." she choked up , she wanted to say more , but the thing is , she's not even sure what else to tell him
"It's alright , it's alright , as long as you're safe "
"Hey...*sniff* Josh?"
"yes ? I'm here "
"I'm sorry , I *sniff* bothered you again"
"No it's fine , I'm sure it's all just a misunderstanding"
"no...It's...It wasn't" . Those words , "It wasn't" , made Josh feared the worst , and his fear was confirmed when Nadia looked at him , with her now reddish eyes . He only saw those eyes twice before , and both times.....
"Nadia , it's ok , don't worry , you didn't hurt anyone this time , it's ok" Josh said , gently embracing the fox "Wanna tell me what happened ?"
"A wolf....one of them came . She came for me , tried to bring me back . I didn't *sniff* want to....That wolf said *sniff* that it was too late , that she's gone . I don't know . I didn't want to believe *sniff* , I fought back , if only for my hope that she was lying , but *sniff* she might be right , you know ?"
"Don't say that"
"IT'S BEEN OVER 4 YEARS ! I Just-*sniff* you saw what I saw ,and it was only months after she left *sniff* it's years now *sniff* I'm sorry , I just can't do this anymore" She said , giving up her last effort to hold back the tears , the fox let herself cried in the arms of the only person she has that's closest to a family.
Josh went silent as well , but then start quietly sang , whispering into Nadia's ear while still hugging her . The song itself wasn't in a language that anyone could understand ,but sounded rather smoothing and relaxing . It went on for five , maybe even ten minutes , but eventually the weeping fox calmed down , her sobbing slowed down and finally stop , only then did Josh let go , and looked at her with a smile
"you ok ?"
"ret'itsutev , you *sniff* hehehe , you butchered it again , but yeah , I'm ok now , thanks" she said , looked at Josh with a smile of her own , the eyes are now brown again , as they normally should
"yeah , I see , that's good , just rest ok , I'll be right here"
"yeah , ok"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Kousa Had finally finished unpacking last night and was able to go outside and explore the town. She at first went towards the Porters house but instead headed toward an old antique shop, which to her surprise looked as though a fight had taken place. She walks to the door and rings the doorbell.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Elliot arrives in Ivy Park and start tying his strings on every tree, bush and the monkey bars. Elliot then hides up one of the trees and wait's for somebody to come by.

This oughta be fun. Let's see how brave the pets of Richmond Acres are when they hear my strings.....

Elliot starts to feel drowsy and starts losing consciousness.

....Oh no..... I guess it is time for my nap..... Better tie myself to this tree before I fall off........

Elliot ties himself up and starts to sleep as some wind kicks in playing his harp strings like a lullaby.

Meanwhile at Silver Leaf Park

Oh boy, Dad's gonna kill me.

Faust climbs up a tree and tries to find Elliot through his telescope. Suddenly his phone rings.

Oh no, it's Dad. Um Hi Dad.

Hello Faust. How are you and Elliot doing.

Um, fine... He's sleeping right now. The trip really exhausted him.... So um Dad, when are you coming over?

I won't be able to come to Richmond Acres for about a week. I'm still settling some investments here in Scotland. I've got a little present for you guys when I get back. Just be good and don't let your little Brother do anything reckless okay?

....Yes Dad. I'll make sure Elliot will be fine. (But I won't make any promises when I get my hands on him later)

Okay then. Good bye I love you two.

Love you too Dad. I'll be sure to give Elliot the message.

Faust hangs up

Okay Faust just listen to the wind and he'll be nearby. (Please be alright.)
Last edited by 69eist on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

*DING DANG DOOOONG*
"Oh, the doorbell again. I'd better get that. Feel free to look around. Do excuse me." Piper limps out the side door and around the shop again while Richard keeps an eye on the shop.
"Good morning. Can I help you?" As she speaks, the builders arrive as Richard had asked them to come early to avoid impacting business overly. She directs them through the side door and into the shop and then turns back to the dog.
"Sorry about that. Welcome to Brookley Antiques and Restorations. We don't usually open until 8am but was there something I can help you with in the meantime?"

~~~~
"You should have called out or banged on the roof or something. Is Radar OK? She hasn't moved yet..."

~~~~
Out on the road, a horn blares and John swerves to avoid the other driver. "I gotta drive on the wrong side of the road here. Gotta remember that."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

... I didn't want to wake you up... Yeah, she's fine. Hutch replies.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Radar woke up to Hutch's shouting to Joan. "W-what?" She drozily sat up and saw Hutch stood there. "Hutch, what on earth as you doing up here?" She sleepily questioned as she removed the jacket from herself.

Bear had awoken early in the morning and had ran around assisting her owner in getting ready for her first day at her new job. "Relax Mother, you be great!" She gave a last grippily tight hug to her mother before she left. "Now what am I going to do today?" Deciding to go exploring the tower she left for a walk, after wandering around for a long time she noticed two pets on top a roof with a human stood below. Walking up to the human she stared up at the pets. "Oh my lord! Are they alright?"
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's what I'm trying to work out. It seems they were up there all night." replies Joan, not taking her eyes off the dog and rabbit on the roof.
"Wait there. I'll get the ladder. Don't try to go too near the edge. The roof will be slippery after the rain last night." She disappears into the garage and reappears with the ladder. Folding it out to its full height, she sets it up against the porch and steadies it for the pets to climb down.
"There you go. Climb down but be careful not to slip!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"What's going on? You don't want to get up on the roof, that crazy bird will get you, I mean OK you're a human and humans don't normally eat wild birds and maybe she knows that and maybe she doesn't but I'd put a helmet on before I went up there.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie grabbed himself something more or less edible from the fridge ((OOC, I don't really know what's in there so...(!)) and, with Aron's help, made himself a passable attempt at breakfast which he took into the living room. He sat himself uncomfortably on the sofa so he had roughly the same pose as Mr Leon had and, after wincing, moved his tail out of the way. He grinned as Aron smirked at the scene. "Big storm las' nite" he said, experimenting with eating his breakfast. "Kept me 'wake for haff the nite I fink."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

"Hm? I didn't hear anything.." Leroy mused, then ate a spoonful of cornflakes. He had almost finished the whole bowl.

"I didn't hear it either, doesn't mean it wasn't there." Aron said as he entered the room, a simple salad on a plate in his paws."I looked out the bathroom window.."

"Well, at least you got some sleep, yes? Were you comfortable?" Leroy asked the young cat, putting his spoon in an now empty bowl.

[Leslie's reply]

"Anyway, we're going into town today, yes? For food and, uh the V-E-T-S?" Aron asked, putting a paw to the side of his maw at the end.

"Yes, yes, I did say that didn't I?" He agreed, getting up. "But we've only just got up so that will be later, okay?"
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

~\Rook/~ wrote:"Hm? I didn't hear anything.." Leroy mused, then ate a spoonful of cornflakes. He had almost finished the whole bowl.

"I didn't hear it either, doesn't mean it wasn't there." Aron said as he entered the room, a simple salad on a plate in his paws."I looked out the bathroom window.."

"Well, at least you got some sleep, yes? Were you comfortable?" Leroy asked the young cat, putting his spoon in an now empty bowl.
"Err, yes, yes. Iz a very gud, nice, bed. Fanks for it Mister Leroy and Aron."
~\Rook/~ wrote:"Anyway, we're going into town today, yes? For food and, uh the V-E-T-S?" Aron asked, putting a paw to the side of his maw at the end.

"Yes, yes, I did say that didn't I?" He agreed, getting up. "But we've only just got up so that will be later, okay?"
"Can I come wif you?" Leslie asked hopefully. "Cud do with sum reeding bucks."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, hello, Sixtoes. Radar and Hutch are up there for some reason. I'm not going up - I'm helping them to come down. But thank you for the advice, Sixtoes. Watch out for the rook that lives up there. She's apparently very territorial!"

~~~~
Richard sees the builders entering from the side door and stops to discuss the repairs with them. He explains the cause and extent of the damage and upon enquiring for the likely time of repairs, is told to allow for at least half a day. He thanks the builders and leaves them to work. He puts a few drop cloths over the antiques closest to the door to protect them from the dust the builders will raise and then returns the float to the safe and the polishing gear to its shelf out the back. Seeing Ryyn alone in the shop front, he greets the dog.
"I'm so sorry to keep you waiting. Was there something I can help you find?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Uhh, yea do you sell any type of jewelry?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We sure do. We have a variety of pieces, some of, in fact, many of, given that we're an antique shop, are quite old. I'll show you, if you like." She leads the way into the shop, making small talk as she goes.
"I don't think I've seen you around before. Are you new here? My name's Piper, by the way. What's yours?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"My name is Kousa, I did just recently move in." she stops and sees a ring with a neat gem in the middle of it. "Wow its beautiful".
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Indeed it is. But it's worth about three grand. A girl can dream though. When jewellery gets to this age it becomes more delicate and rare so anything we have is not going to be cheap, I'm afraid."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"awww...I guess there was no point in me coming here then cause my budget is pretty low."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury stumbled around the house until he he heard voices outside. He wandered onto the lawn, arms feeling weakly in front of him in a comical manner
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I was having a normal walk for about 30 seconds, then a giant griffin flew me into the sky. We had a glorious battle, leaving him in a pulp somewhere in the woods. But, he managed a blow to me, sending me flying to the roof. Hutch said, with a voice that could remind you of the guy introducing movies.
Not really, He just wanted to borrow some milk. But, I saw a weird lump on the roof, that I thought shouldn't be here... Blah blah blah, etc. etc. Then I got stuck. Hutch re-tells the story to Radar. Hutch looks down at the new arrival.
Hello there, it's nice to see you today. Hutch wags his tail instead of waving.
"What's going on? You don't want to get up on the roof, that crazy bird will get you, I mean OK you're a human and humans don't normally eat wild birds and maybe she knows that and maybe she doesn't but I'd put a helmet on before I went up there.
Territorial bird? That can't be good. Hutch helps Radar to her feet.
Here we go, I guess. Hutch said, leading Radar to the ladder.
Yes I'm fine, just a little chilly. How about you, Radar? Hutch replies to the question of them being alright.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hlaoroo wrote:*DING DANG DOOOONG*
"Oh, the doorbell again. I'd better get that. Feel free to look around. Do excuse me." Piper limps out the side door and around the shop again while Richard keeps an eye on the shop.
"Good morning. Can I help you?" As she speaks, the builders arrive as Richard had asked them to come early to avoid impacting business overly. She directs them through the side door and into the shop and then turns back to the dog.
"Sorry about that. Welcome to Brookley Antiques and Restorations. We don't usually open until 8am but was there something I can help you with in the meantime?"
Ryze woke up to the sound of the doorbell. "Pyre! Get the door!" she called before realizing where she was. Ryze got out of the bed and walked down into the main room of the shop. "Morning guys." the cat said, rubbing her eyes.
------
Pyre woke up and remembered Ryze was still in town. "Dad, I'm going into town to look for Ryze." he told his dad. "Okay, but be safe." his dad told Pyre as the cat walked out the door. Pyre walked for a while and then saw Ryze through the window. He rang the doorbell.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn watching the drama unfolding on the roof, sees Mercury out of the corner of his eye stumbling towards him with arms outstretched.Turning to the cat, he asks:
"Heh, are you even awake yet, Mercury?"

As Joan watches Hutch and Radar moving towards the ladder, she realises she hasn't properly introduced herself to the stranger.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Where are my manners? I'm Joan Porter and that's Flynn, my rabbit. The rest of the pets are friends that are visiting." For the first time she turns her head to look at the newcomer and her eyes widen as she takes in the size of the large dog.

~~~~
"Yeah, sorry about that. They're still nice to look at though. Oh, hi, Rhyze. This is Kousa and that's Ryyn over there. Did you want some b-" RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGTTTTT!
Piper is interrupted by a builder's drill. After it stops, she tries again.
"Would you li-" RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGTTTTT!
She waits for a few moments to make sure the drill is finished.
"Di-" BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG! This time she can't help but laugh and facepaw as she's interrupted by a hamer and chisel being used to pry the splintered frame away from the wall. Giving up, she limps to the counter and collects a pad and pen before crossing back to the other pets. She writes "Would you like some breakfast?" on the pad and shows it to the cat.
Richard walks over and also finding himself unable to talk over the builders, borrows the pad and uses it to tell Piper that they won't be opening today due to the builders so she can have the day off. This pleases Piper so she uses the pad to invite the other pets upstairs for a cuppa. Richard heads out the back for a few minutes and returns with a freshly painted sign saying "Closed for repairs" which he attaches to the folding sign which normall sits outside the shop to indicate that it's open. That done, he walks out to the street in front of the shop and sets the sign up in the street so that the "closed" sign is clearly visible.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I might not be..." he yawned, rubbing his eyes again, then opening them to the scene around him
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Hi Ryyn and Kousa." Ryze said. When she saw the note that Piper wrote, Ryze nodded and looked out the window. She saw Pyre and waved to him. Then she followed Piper upstairs.
----
Pyre saw who he presumed was the shop owner put a closed sign up. "Um, excuse me could I come inside?" Pyre asked him.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm sorry but we're actually closed today due to the repairs. But if you'd like to come back tomorrow you'll be more than welcome."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters