HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Keeshah wrote:Kandi laughs..
Well i was trying too. Guess you sniffed that plan out.
Although i do really want to know, what upsets you.
The fox sighed , then took a deep breath, slightly smiled to lighten up the mood
"alright , I guess , here's the short version
After living with Josh , my "owner" as you call it , for awhile , I started to let my guard down around you humans , despite what your kind did to my relative , but that's another story . Around that time I made friend with a cat who's living with Josh's girlfriend , liked the guy a lot , and apparently was more than enough for some *** **** hunters to noticed . They caught him , then set a trap for me and I fell for it . Eventually he broke us out , but while we were escaping those apes shot us , and he took the hit for me."

She stop for a bit to catch a breath "The wound was so severe , they said he wouldn't make it , and it's all my fault , had I just focus on what needed to be done and not all that "relationship" stuff , none of it would have happened . But I guess cats really have nine lives , he got better , if you can say losing one of your legs is better , oi....
So after I'm sure he's alright , we , me and Josh , needed to get back on the road , but I lost a bet to the guy , so instead of just moving on through town , we will be staying here for a bit"
She shrugged

"You know what makes it even more pathetic ? I should've seen it coming a mile away , showing weakness was never a good thing for a feral , and in my case it even worse , now I'm not saying I believe in those luck , curse , mumble jumble , but everyone I remotely care about will eventually get themselves in danger because of me , that cat wasn't the first one, so after that I say you know what , screw this , just keep everyone in the "hey , good morning , good bye" zone , will save all of us the trouble"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: The fox sighed , then took a deep breath, slightly smiled to lighten up the mood
"alright , I guess , here's the short version.
"You know what makes it even more pathetic ? I should've seen it coming a mile away , showing weakness was never a good thing for a feral , and in my case it even worse , now I'm not saying I believe in those luck , curse , mumble jumble , but everyone I remotely care about will eventually get themselves in danger because of me , that cat wasn't the first one, so after that I say you know what , screw this , just keep everyone in the "hey , good morning , good bye" zone , will save all of us the trouble"
You might be suffering from a bit of survivors guilt, because you believe you were some how responsible for what happened to your feline friend.
Trust me, there are a lot of dangerous speciest humans out there.
You shouldn't let the actions of a few, taint and spoil the possible relationships you could be having and enjoying.
I'm sure Moonbeam would agree. He was shot up, long before he ever met you. unless your going to say that happened just because you happened to have been in town.

Kandi moves over to sit next up again the fox.
It's not your fault..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn growls more at the rook angrily "Yeah? Well um I'll get a job just to prove you wrong! Yeah that's right I'll get a job! What now bird?"
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: You might be suffering from a bit of survivors guilt, because you believe you were some how responsible for what happened to your feline friend.
Trust me, there are a lot of dangerous speciest humans out there.
You shouldn't let the actions of a few, taint and spoil the possible relationships you could be having and enjoying.
I'm sure Moonbeam would agree. He was shot up, long before he ever met you. unless your going to say that happened just because you happened to have been in town.

Kandi moves over to sit next up again the fox.
It's not your fault..
"ya well....*sigh*....those hunters were aiming for me no matter how you see it ,even you say , and we both know , how dangerous you humans can be.....just don't want it to happen again you know...." Nadia said , for some reason she sounded somewhat tired
"but yeah , thanks for trying to comfort me I guess....."
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Who you call overgrown, you lumbering great butt-sniffer!" And with a flip of her tail the rook vanishes over the edge of her nest.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Argent wrote:"Don't ask me what she eats, she's not my rook. Eggs are fine. Careful with the spices, no jalapenos or habaneros, I tried chili once and I was sorry, hey, you don't have any antibiotic, ought to pick some up when you're in town."
"I have absolutely no intention of feeding her - I'm not sure what gave you that idea. How about plain mince and eggs? I've probably got some bacon somewhere too."

~~~~
Eesh. What a galah! remarks Flynn.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

"You asked me if rooks ate small animals, now I mean technically I'm a small animal myself, and I'm too big, but I guess they can eat rats and mice, of course so can I, but I've never been into actually eating small animals raw, cooking is like one of the top ten inventions humans came up with, not that that's a short list, there must be a hundred items in the top ten. Oh, scrambled eggs with hash and bacon sounds great! You don't have to cook me something special, I can eat pretty much anything a cat can, so long as it's good and fatty. But I mean, sure, I'm always ready for breakfast!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, oh sorry. I was just thinking. I guess I must have thought that aloud. It was more of a rhetorical question..." John trails off, feeling a bit embarrassed.
"Ahem... Anyway, we haven't actually started cooking anyone anything yet. We were just debating what to make. I have a large packet of sausages in the fridge. Can you eat those?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Why wouldn't I be able to? I mean, really, it's just chunks of raw plants I have to watch for, because they don't get digested and they can get stuck. Unless your sausage has chunks of raw plants in it, I'm good! You sure that bird's gone?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"So, what should we do now?" Ryze asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Let's do that then everyone will eat those - except the rabbits and Koa of course. We'll do some veggie burgers for them. I think the bird's on the roof. I tell you what - wait here a moment." John disappears for a moment and returns with a small water pistol.
"Give him a squirt with that if he bothers you again. It's just water but I reckon it should dissuade him. Lunch won't be too far off. You sure you're OK? It looked like he got you good with the way you were bleeding."

~~~~
"Shall we try cricket instead?" Flynn suggests.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh. Scalp wound. Looks horrible, doesn't it? You see, most of us bipeds are just like humans in all kindsa ways, and that's one of them. Scalp wounds bleed like anything. Wasn't really much of a cut and I whacked some petroleum jelly on it and I'm sure it'll be fine. Sorry for barging by you like that but I hate it when my fur gets all matted and bloody, 'specially when it's somewhere I can't groom."

Cinnamon examines the water-pistol skeptically.

"I don't think this'll work any better than it did on me." His muzzle parts in a sly grin. "They're great fun on cats, though!"
Last edited by Argent on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
snakebug

Post by snakebug »

(Editing this out.)
Last edited by snakebug on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I think we should go check on Sixtoes." Pyre suggested.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury raises his hand as if in school, "You can count me out! I'm still bad at sports..."
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"I'm with Mercury." said Lucky.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
snakebug

Post by snakebug »

As they left they walked passed Flynns house.

Rev's ears twitched at Lucky's voice. "Did you hear something?"

Eva rolled her eyes. "You know Im half deaf..."
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

After a while Koa began to move along the grass dragging his leg behind him. His unconscious mind smelled something sweet and berry like, maybe there a berry bush nearby. As he moved along the grass his mind was set on one thing and one thing only....berries. He began to drool at the shear smell, and couldn't help but pursue one of his favorite fruits. His destination...the lodge.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc arrived to home to see his owner standing there with a less than pleased look, Doc stopped and held up his paws as if to try and stop his owner from speaking first.
"Alright I can explain"
His owner rolled his eyes and then leaned against the sofa
"Ok then. Explain, Explain why you stayed out in the woods, why several pets came back with injuries but you didn't come back at all, explain why you are now returning home and why you got me so worried."

Doc set his bag down off to the side for once on his own free will, not liking to have these "conversations" with the weight of it.
"We went out and it was nice and normal until the storm hit then we all got separated, I got knocked out"
His owners eyes grew slightly bigger not having heard that
"And when I came to I was on a horse headed into the clinic, they tried to treat me and told me that I didn't have a concussion but I had to find the others, I didn't know what had happened or if they were alright so we went back out there then these poachers showed up and seeing that I was the one responsible for everyone going I needed to make sure they were alright so it came to getting them out and me staying so I sort of you know. Stayed behind but the poachers knocked me out before I could escape and they took me back to their cabin for the night, luckily in the morning a near by courgaress found me and helped escape then from there we went back to the clinic where the Vet checked me out and let me sleep there for the night and now well....

Doc's owner shook his head in disbelief and took a moment to think, Doc on the other hand(paw) looked innocently at the floor with his paws behind his back while he brushed his foot across the floor, waiting for a lecture.
"You know how dangerous it is for you, I know that it was the right thing but you have to be more careful you remember the lst time you got into trouble with hunters or even other humans? Keep it up and you'll be back at the vet and not for treatment. I don't want that any more than you do but if you go around getting caught by hunters and getting sent to a clinic as well as endangering other pets, then the local police will not hesitate to look to get you out of here. You need to keep out of trouble for your sake as well as mine, you that I care about you very much and to see them go after you would tear me apart. So I need you to be careful and safe, we got lucky this time next, you might not be so fortunate alright?"

Doc looked up and nodded
"Alright"
Doc picked his bag up and walked with his owner to the kitchen, trying to calm his nerves his owner fixed up some food and coffee for himself and water for Doc, sitting down and eating.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, if you're sure." He accepts the Pine Marten's apology. "No worries. She'll be apples. Does your fur get matted and bloody often? It's jsut, that's what you seem to have implied. Don't go causing any trouble with that water-pistol now." he grins, knowing that the pine marten will probably ignore him anyway.

~~~~
"Something non-sports related is probably safer. You're right, Pyre, we should go and check on Sixtoes." He leads the way.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, well, you know, the thing is, um... OK, I'm a predator, right, I got in bad company, well, a bunch of raccoons, they're not so bad, they were just all excited about these YouTube videos I showed them, and, well, it was kind of a dare. Anyway, I'm not a very good predator, I kind of knew that, right, that's why the Walton's didn't put me through rehab and release me, like we do with most of the animals, except for that mountain lion for some reason. Anyway, it was real messy but it mostly wasn't my blood. Oh, and there was that time when I was learning how to climb, and that other time, and when I fell from the roof, and the time I surprised those foxes, and of course the incident in the attic, and when Mr. Badger had to rescue me from... huh, now I think of it, yeh, I guess I'm kind of accident prone."

He hears the door open and spins around, water pistol at the ready. Nothing wrong with his reflexes.

"Freeze! Oh, hi Flynn!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Right. Of course. You're a predator. All mustelids are. I'm an idiot."

Flynn throws up his hands in mock surrender. "Don't shoot! I'm unarmed! Although I probably deserve to be shot for that kick. Sorry about that. I need to practise more. Are you OK?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: "ya well....*sigh*....those hunters were aiming for me no matter how you see it ,even you say , and we both know , how dangerous you humans can be.....just don't want it to happen again you know...." Nadia said , for some reason she sounded somewhat tired
"but yeah , thanks for trying to comfort me I guess....."
Kandi leans back against the wall, and softly pets down along the side of the foxy fox.
What type of bed do you sleep in? a human bed, or a pet bed, or just on the rug in the floor?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Kandi leans back against the wall, and softly pets down along the side of the foxy fox.
What type of bed do you sleep in? a human bed, or a pet bed, or just on the rug in the floor?
Nadia didn't notice , but around that time , her tail slowly wag around as Kandi petted her
"depends , mostly on the floor , but why the random question?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I'm fine, next time, watch out for the crazy birds, I mean, I should have known she was up there, she just got done chasing me off the roof the first time. I don't know why people don't believe me when I say I only eat civilized food, well, any more, wild game is messy. I'll take a fry-up and V8 any time."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What is this V8 you keep mentioning?" John queries. "I don't think we have it in Australia."
"You wanna lower the weapon or do I need to ask Dad to kung-fu you?" asks Flynn jokingly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon grins like a movie villain.

"You think your ally gives you the advantage, because he has the drop on me, but I am still smiling, because I know something you don't know... he gave me the gun."

He salutes the rabbit melodramatically, and makes a gesture as if he's holstering the gun, and looks annoyed.

"Pockets. Normally I feel sorry for the poor furless critters, then I need pockets, and the jokes on me, eh? Oh, no offense intended, Mr. Porter, I know all about why humans are bald, and it kind of makes sense, and of course you guys sure overcompensated the heck out of your little problem. V8, right, V8 is this awesome vegetable juice, it's almost as good as jam sandwiches."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn throws his arm across his brow melodramatically. "Betrayed! I can't believe it! After all these years of trusting you! How could you?"
John laughs. "My gun goes to the highest bidder, Flynn. I thought you knew that. And right now, Sixtoes has outbid you." He turns to the pine marten.
"No, what you need, Sixtoes, is a belt. Much more useful than a pocket." He undoes the string from a hat hanging on the hook near the door and hands it over. "This'll do. Besides it's much more macho to have the gun in your belt than in your pocket."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"No thanks, compadre, I've tried clothes and belts and harnesses and things like that, but my fur's super long and thick, I get what you people call a bad hair day, but all over. Bad enough I gotta wear a collar."

He hands the water-pistol and cord to Flynn, "A rabbit needs this more than I do, anyway. It works great on cats."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"But the satchel doesn't mess up your fur? Never mind, you'll just have to hold the gun then. Pine martens like jam sandwiches and vegetable juice? I had no idea." John replies, watching Flynn easing nearer to the pine marten and reaching for the water-pistol.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Don't be silly, I don't wear that all the time! Yeh, I figured since humans don't eat whole prey... except sausage, sausage is awesome, you can taste everything in a good sausage, bone and brains and gizzards and... all that lovely fat and blood. Well... they gotta make up for it somewhere, the can said it was full of vitamins, so I tried it, and I like it."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well some humans do. Ever hear of haggis or black pudding? You know, it makes sausages a lot less appealing when you talk about them like that. But jam sandwiches? Really?"
Flynn makes a grab for the gun.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"That one I can't explain, it's a pine marten thing."

Cinnamon lets go of the water pistol as Flynn grabs for it.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn looks at the pistol in his paw. "I didn't expect that to be so easy. Ah well, now I have the upper paw." Holding the pistol by his side and widening his stance he puts on a Southern American drawl.
"Ah'm Flynn Porter, the fastest draa in the Weyest. Ah'm the Sherrif in these heyere parts and mah word is laa, Now if all y'all do what ah say then we wont have no trouble and I aint gonna hafta shoot all y'all. OK?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"So why am I still grinning, gunslinger with a thousand enemies? Do I know something that you don't know? Why yes, I do... I'm in the weasel family, and we like getting wet!"

So saying, the rusty rustler leaps... and misjudges his purchase on the kitchen tiles, and rolls sprawling across the floor, into the rabbit's legs, and the two of them end up in an unsightly pile beneath a potted palm.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Laughing, Flynn reaches out and grabs the water-pistol from where it fell to the floor and squirts it at Cinnamon while trying unsuccessfully to climb out from under him. John, also laughing at Flynn's terrible accent and subsequent demise, pulls out his phone and starts snapping photos of the two of them wrestling.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon rolls heavily to his paws, and crouches panting under the palm.

"You win, sheriff, stay your hand for I... *cough* for I... hey!"

He gives up his monologue and soaks up the barrage of water, trying to catch the splashes in his mouth.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The small pistol runs out of water. "And let that be a lesson to you, not to cross Sherrif Flynn Porter, outlaw!" laughs Flynn, trying to stand but slipping on the wet tiles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon leans back against the wall.

"Whoo, I'm all puffed out. Hey, when's lunch?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Lunch, right. Joan!" calls John, heading back to the kitchen. A few moments later he returns with the sausages and a teatowel. Tossing the towel to Flynn he asks him to mop up the water and then heads out to the barbeque. It's not long before the meat can be heard sizzling. Joan enters the hall soon after with a plateful of chopped potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, zuchinis and a couple of radishes for Flynn.
"Lunch will be about 10 minutes away." she announces before heading out to the barbeque.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters