HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Pecan
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Pecan »

(OOC: PFFFFFT HAHA That's awesome!)

Rain entered the gift shop, and started to look around. She had a bit of money on her, so she thought she might get something. Of course, she wasn't exactly sure what ye- "Oh, Winch look at this!" she cried. There was a small step-by-step guide to cave painting, even showing translations for the different symbols they used!
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Pecan wrote:(OOC: PFFFFFT HAHA That's awesome!)

Rain entered the gift shop, and started to look around. She had a bit of money on her, so she thought she might get something. Of course, she wasn't exactly sure what ye- "Oh, Winch look at this!" she cried. There was a small step-by-step guide to cave painting, even showing translations for the different symbols they used!
Winch looked around the gift shop as well, and rushed over to Rain when she showed him the guide, "That's so cool!" he said, leafing through the guide.
BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Post by BlueAnubis »

((Crimson used with permission))

Crimson almost let out a cry when Ruby shouted. He hesiteated to speak when he saw her poofed up like an electrified porcupine. "R-Ruby? A-are you okay?" He asked slowly, so as not to startle her.

Ruby kept her eyes locked on the massive horror that stood before her. She did not budge an inch as she spoke. "Red, What in the name of every Egyptian deitey is that thing?" She whispered horsely.

Crimson looked at the sculpture, then back at Ruby. "It-it's one of Ron Mueck's sculptures. It's part of the exsibit I told you about." He stammered.

She poked it's nose with a single claw. It was solid. She began to relax her stance. "Sculpture? That is not a sculpture! That is nightmare fuel! What kind of person would make something like that? she said as she brushed her fur down.

Crimson chuckled lightly, "I told you his work was Hyper Realistic." He said with a small smile.

She shuddered, "I don't care what you say, that guy seriously has something wrong with him." She grunted as she retracted all her claws except one with which she poked Crimson's collar. "Just so you know, Red. If you tell anyone about this, I am going to show you exactly how my old friend, Stumpy, got his name." she said as she left a small, but deep, scratch in his collar.

Jack chuckled at Bianca's focus. She hadn't heard him and continued savoring the ice cream. He let her enjoy it silently. When they had finished, Jack asked for the check and smiled at her. "So, I can tell you enjoyed it. What would you like to do next?"
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

BlueAnubis wrote:Jack chuckled at Bianca's focus. She hadn't heard him and continued savoring the ice cream. He let her enjoy it silently. When they had finished, Jack asked for the check and smiled at her. "So, I can tell you enjoyed it. What would you like to do next?"
Bianca blushed, "Oh, s-sorry about that. I-I haven't had ice cream in a very long time." She said, blushing, "Um, I would like to do anything you would like to do."
Adzo
Location: The twised parallel reality of my own mind, my mind is in Scotland at the moment

Post by Adzo »

Al wandered up to the largest sculpture. A massive, and scarily realistic rendering of a woman in bed. The sculpture's head alone was nearly as tall as a human, dwarfing Al's diminutive frame.
He turned to Ozzy and said, "This is an amazing artistic feat and all, but something about it freaks me out."
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

BlueAnubis wrote:((Crimson used with permission))

Crimson almost let out a cry when Ruby shouted. He hesiteated to speak when he saw her poofed up like an electrified porcupine. "R-Ruby? A-are you okay?" He asked slowly, so as not to startle her.

Ruby kept her eyes locked on the massive horror that stood before her. She did not budge an inch as she spoke. "Red, What in the name of every Egyptian deitey is that thing?" She whispered horsely.

Crimson looked at the sculpture, then back at Ruby. "It-it's one of Ron Mueck's sculptures. It's part of the exsibit I told you about." He stammered.

She poked it's nose with a single claw. It was solid. She began to relax her stance. "Sculpture? That is not a sculpture! That is nightmare fuel! What kind of person would make something like that? she said as she brushed her fur down.

Crimson chuckled lightly, "I told you his work was Hyper Realistic." He said with a small smile.

She shuddered, "I don't care what you say, that guy seriously has something wrong with him." She grunted as she retracted all her claws except one with which she poked Crimson's collar. "Just so you know, Red. If you tell anyone about this, I am going to show you exactly how my old friend, Stumpy, got his name." she said as she left a small, but deep, scratch in his collar.

Jack chuckled at Bianca's focus. She hadn't heard him and continued savoring the ice cream. He let her enjoy it silently. When they had finished, Jack asked for the check and smiled at her. "So, I can tell you enjoyed it. What would you like to do next?"

*crimson gulped audibly* "s-stumpy?.." *he then let out a nervous squeak, trying hard still, not to laugh at her reaction earlier* "a-alright, my lips are sealed, squire's honour"
WHAT!? CAT FANCIER??? WHO TOLD YOU THAT!?.........
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Ruby retracted her claw and smiled"Good boy." She said as she patted Crimson's chest. "Shall we?" She began walking around the baby head into the next room with a massive woman in a bed. She cringed and walked up behind Al and Ozzy. "So... Art... I suppose..." She said in a quizzical tone.

furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

BlueAnubis wrote:Ruby retracted her claw and smiled"Good boy." She said as she patted Crimson's chest. "Shall we?" She began walking around the baby head into the next room with a massive woman in a bed. She cringed and walked up behind Al and Ozzy. "So... Art... I suppose..." She said in a quizzical tone.
*he blushed somewhat unintentionally- and it shows through his facial fur as a bright pink, he tries to not bring attention to it by walking slightly behind Ruby- hoping she wont notice it*
"r-right behind you" *he stutters nervously- feeling a little giggly and shy*
Adzo
Location: The twised parallel reality of my own mind, my mind is in Scotland at the moment

Post by Adzo »

BlueAnubis wrote: She cringed and walked up behind Al and Ozzy. "So... Art... I suppose..." She said in a quizzical tone.
"I've seen a few weird modern art pieces in my time," Al said, "In my last town I viewed such classics as a full sized fishing boat with hundreds of steel hooks screwed onto every square inch of it's exterior surface. This beats it though."
EvilTwin

Post by EvilTwin »

Ozzy stared up at the colossal sculpture with a mixture of disbelief and scientific curiosity.

"And I thought I had a strange mind, Next time a project blows up on me I'm just gonna send it here with a price tag. Ether of you think twisted rust and charcoal could be the next big thing?"
May you lead an interesting life.
Ozzy - S5 P7 E4 C3 I10 A8 L5
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Jack paid the bill and stood, "As long as you enjoyed it I would have waited a year. As for whatever I enjoy, I would even enjoy watching paint dry if you were at my side." He said as he offered his hand and smiled.

Ruby glanced at Crimson and grinned. He was kind of cute when he looked all flustered. She turned to Ozzy, "Well, if this... thing... is, then I don't see why it wouldn't be." She chuckled.

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

BlueAnubis wrote:Jack paid the bill and stood, "As long as you enjoyed it I would have waited a year. As for whatever I enjoy, I would even enjoy watching paint dry if you were at my side." He said as he offered his hand and smiled.
Bianca blushed as she took his hand and stood, "Thank you." He told her. She smiled, "As long as it is with you, anything would be fun, enjoyable and exciting." She said.
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

EvilTwin wrote:Ozzy stared up at the colossal sculpture with a mixture of disbelief and scientific curiosity.

"And I thought I had a strange mind, Next time a project blows up on me I'm just gonna send it here with a price tag. Ether of you think twisted rust and charcoal could be the next big thing?"

"heck, i'd sure pay to see it, of course- you'd have to leave out that it was unintentional, hehe, art galleries don't tend to have a habit of buying any old heap of scrap metal."
*as he was talking he gave the quickest of glances towards ruby, hoping that ozzy and she wouldn't notice*
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Jack laughed, "Then perhaps we can enjoy eachother's company with the others, provided they are still at the museum." He offered.

Ruby chuckled, "Natuarally, neglect to mention specific details that make you look bad, just like if you were trying to geet a loan." She laughed as she looked at Crimson, noticing that he quickly looked away when she did. She smiled and pretended she hadn't noticed.
Last edited by BlueAnubis on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

BlueAnubis wrote:Jack laughed, "Then perhaps we can enjoy eachother's. Company with the others, provided they are still at the museum." He offered.

Ruby chuckled, "Natuarally, neglect to mention specific details that make you look bad, just like if you were trying to geet a loan." She laughed as she looked at Crimson, noticing that he quickly looked away when she did. She smiled and pretended she hadn't noticed.

"y-yeah, precisely." *he blushed a little more obviously as he heard her laugh. looking intently at more of muecks work to hide the fact* "man.. why am i blushing so much??" *he thought to himself. hugging his tail and wringing it a little- as if it were a soaked towel and he was trying to get the water out*
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Ruby turned towards the next piece, only to find that much of the exibit was mostly a collection of giant naked humans, none of which looked happy. Her ears went flat, "Ugh! Okay, seriously Red. Why did you recommend this guy? I was hoping to see something pretty, not... Whatever this is. she said without looking at him, unable to turn away from the statues that she felt would haunt her for quite some time.

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

BlueAnubis wrote:Jack laughed, "Then perhaps we can enjoy eachother's. Company with the others, provided they are still at the museum." He offered.
Bianca nodded, "Yes, that sounds like a good idea." She said smiling.
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

BlueAnubis wrote:Ruby turned towards the next piece, only to find that much of the exibit was mostly a collection of giant naked humans, none of which looked happy. Her ears went flat, "Ugh! Okay, seriously Red. Why did you recommend this guy? I was hoping to see something pretty, not... Whatever this is. she said without looking at him, unable to turn away from the statues that she felt would haunt her for quite some time.

"o-oh, y- you don't like his work?" *his ears flatten down onto his head* "i- i find it all quite fascinating, not so much the whole nakedness, or the humans, rather, the absolute amazing amount of intricate detail he puts into every piece, i can't help but imagine how long every piece of work here would have taken.. but, if you like, i guess we could move on to the next room, i believe they just installed an entire room devoted to Japanese landscape portraits and scrolls, stuff like that"
Adzo

Post by Adzo »

Al's ears pricked up at the mention of the next exhibit. "Japanese art you say?", he asked Crimson, "woodblock prints and the like? Sounds like the right exhibit for the kind of guy who has "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" as his desktop background."
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

Adzo wrote:Al's ears pricked up at the mention of the next exhibit. "Japanese art you say?", he asked Crimson, "woodblock prints and the like? Sounds like the right exhibit for the kind of guy who has "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" as his desktop background."

"yeah, thats right! ehheh, and i believe it was mentioned that the original "the great wave of Kanagawa" would be on display, though, that might just be rumours.. so, uuhh, ruby, does that sound like a better idea to you then? instead of this room?"
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Jack smiled, took Bianca by the arm, and they made their way to the museum. Moments later, they were in the lobby, when Jack noticed a familiar face in the giftshop, along with an unfamilar face. "Hello, Winch. Who is your friend?" He said with a smile.

Ruby sighed, "Look, I get it, Red. These sculptures are massive, detailed and impressive. They show depth and emotion and feelings. They just suffer from the same thing news anchors did when digital television came out; it puts everything in an unflattering light. They say flaws are what make us into ourselves, but that does not change the fact that, at least in these cases, the flaws are accentuated to the point that they are all you can see. And while I know how to pick out what is wrong with people better than most, it's not the only thing I want to see." She turned and smiled at Crimson, "I guess I'm saying that it just isn't my taste. But enough of that, let's go see this Japanese stuff before Al jumps out of his fur." She said as she walked between them, tapping Crimson on the leg with her tail as she passed.

furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

BlueAnubis wrote:Jack smiled, took Bianca by the arm, and they made their way to the museum. Moments later, they were in the lobby, when Jack noticed a familiar face in the giftshop, along with an unfamilar face. "Hello, Winch. Who is your friend?" He said with a smile.

Ruby sighed, "Look, I get it, Red. These sculptures are massive, detailed and impressive. They show depth and emotion and feelings. They just suffer from the same thing news anchors did when digital television came out; it puts everything in an unflattering light. They say flaws are what make us into ourselves, but that does not change the fact that, at least in these cases, the flaws are accentuated to the point that they are all you can see. And while I know how to pick out what is wrong with people better than most, it's not the only thing I want to see." She turned and smiled at Crimson, "I guess I'm saying that it just isn't my taste. But enough of that, let's go see this Japanese stuff before Al jumps out of his fur." She said as she walked between them, tapping Crimson on the leg with her tail as she passed.

"well hey, to each their own right?" *he said, taking in the last of the exhibits in the room and then blushing again as he feels her tail tapping his leg* "in any case, i've seen all that's to see in here so i don't mind moving along to the next exhibit anyways" *he says, his voice seemingly a little lost as he quietly admires her, following behind with a slight smile and a barely noticeable tail wag*
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

BlueAnubis wrote:Jack smiled, took Bianca by the arm, and they made their way to the museum. Moments later, they were in the lobby, when Jack noticed a familiar face in the giftshop, along with an unfamilar face. "Hello, Winch. Who is your friend?" He said with a smile.
"Hey Jack! Hey Bianca! This is Rain, she's new here!" Winch introduced Rain when he was greeted by Jack

"H-hello Winch. H-hello Rain. It's nice to meet you." Bianca said said.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Rain looked at the two new pets - well, to her anyway - and smiled lightly. "Oh, hello. It's nice to meet you both, Jack and Bianca. Winch and I had went through the exhibits alone, so now we're waiting for the others to finish."
EvilTwin

Post by EvilTwin »

Ozzy followed the others through to the japanese exhibit, pausing in front of a large mounted suit of armour. He noticed that the face mask was moulded to look like an ogre with metal fangs and a thick horsehair moustasche braided into it. He turned to the others in disbelief.

"These guys must have been nuts! You could barely see out of that but someone wore it to a fight just to look mean. I wonder what the other guy thought of it?"
May you lead an interesting life.
Ozzy - S5 P7 E4 C3 I10 A8 L5
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Jack removed his hat and bowed, "Delighed to meet you, Miss Rain. I'm suprised Ruby is not with you, seeing as you are in twelfth place for the most threats she has given to anyone, and she has only known you for two days." He laughed.

Ruby's ear flicked for some unknown reason as she walked into the next room. She turned to Ozzy, "Well, Psycological warfare is probably the most effective kind of warfare. If you enemy is too frightened to attack you, then you have the luxury of having the first move."

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

BlueAnubis wrote:Jack removed his hat and bowed, "Delighed to meet you, Miss Rain. I'm suprised Ruby is not with you, seeing as you are in twelfth place for the most threats she has given to anyone, and she has only known you for two days." He laughed.
Bianca smiled as Jack introduced himself to her. Winch smiled and laughed a bit, "Twelfth place? I'm not trying hard enough then!" He joked.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Jack smiled and shook his finger at Winch, "I caution you, young Winchester, the top three spots have all required stitches at one point. and Stumpy... well, she chronicled all of her threats for him and followed through with all but six of them. Thankfully, he went into hiding and she lost track of him before then."

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Well, she did say she'd cause bodily harm if anything was broken." Rain replied, giggling slightly. "Maybe she thought that was an ample enough threat for him right now?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Winch smiled and shrugged, "Maybe. I don't think she could catch me if she tried!" He joked.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Jack chuckled, I suppose that depends on whether you can run forever. He thought as he smiled outwardly. He cleared his throat, "Ah, perhaps. Anyway, have you found anything interesting during your excursion?"

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Rain nodded "The section by M.C Escher, that was really exciting, and it blew my mind how he could almost seem to bend reality in his paintings." Her eyes lit up. "Actually, I wonder if they have a mini guide for that type of work in here, I'd love to learn to do work like him."
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

BlueAnubis wrote:Jack removed his hat and bowed, "Delighed to meet you, Miss Rain. I'm suprised Ruby is not with you, seeing as you are in twelfth place for the most threats she has given to anyone, and she has only known you for two days." He laughed.

Ruby's ear flicked for some unknown reason as she walked into the next room. She turned to Ozzy, "Well, Psycological warfare is probably the most effective kind of warfare. If you enemy is too frightened to attack you, then you have the luxury of having the first move."

"welll. if you want the opinion of the general population of medieval re-enactors they would all say that these swords here, or, katana, whatever- are as useful as butter knives when used against someone in plate armor and a full kit of armor. i however, just think this is all just amazing~ hehe, such intricate details on the leather work. man, the weaving and everything to make this would have taken hours upon hours!"
*he leans in close enough to inspect the armor without risking touching it by accident*
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Pecan wrote:Rain nodded "The section by M.C Escher, that was really exciting, and it blew my mind how he could almost seem to bend reality in his paintings." Her eyes lit up. "Actually, I wonder if they have a mini guide for that type of work in here, I'd love to learn to do work like him."
"Yeah, that section was pretty cool." Winch agreed, "Ooh! That would be so awesome!"
Adzo

Post by Adzo »

furryovrlord wrote:
"welll. if you want the opinion of the general population of medieval re-enactors they would all say that these swords here, or, katana, whatever- are as useful as butter knives when used against someone in plate armor and a full kit of armor. i however, just think this is all just amazing~ hehe, such intricate details on the leather work. man, the weaving and everything to make this would have taken hours upon hours!"
*he leans in close enough to inspect the armor without risking touching it by accident*
Al leaned in to inspect the armour, grinning from ear to ear, as he always did in the presence of armaments.
" Although a katana is probably one of the less useful swords against armour, especially plate mail they still performed fine against this stuff," he said, " Do-maru armour was mostly leather and lacquer, so a katana could still dice most footsoldiers. Western plate mail would be trickier, but is too heavy to move around much, and still has weaknesses. as far as the German school of fencing goes, Armoured combat could be finished by wrestling the opponent to the ground in some way then going for a coup de grace while they were weighted down, a stiletto could be more use than a broadsword in some cases."
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

Adzo wrote:
furryovrlord wrote:
Al leaned in to inspect the armour, grinning from ear to ear, as he always did in the presence of armaments.
" Although a katana is probably one of the less useful swords against armour, especially plate mail they still performed fine against this stuff," he said, " Do-maru armour was mostly leather and lacquer, so a katana could still dice most footsoldiers. Western plate mail would be trickier, but is too heavy to move around much, and still has weaknesses. as far as the German school of fencing goes, Armoured combat could be finished by wrestling the opponent to the ground in some way then going for a coup de grace while they were weighted down, a stiletto could be more use than a broadsword in some cases."

"a fine point, of course, most knights trained their whooole lives to be ready for those kinds of situations, falling over in heavy armor i mean~ heh, they get trained how to best quickly recover and get back into the fight. although, having someone holding you down is a whole other story. hehe. and i do kinda like the idea of being able to move around swiftly and freely."
*he leans in again and inspects the leatherwork again* "as for stilettos' well, they just scare me"
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Ruby placed a finger in Al and Crimson's collars and slowly plulled them back a few inches, "They call them accidents for a reason, boys" She said as she released them both. You both realize the problem with speculating who would win in a fight, don't you? The fact that there never was one. You could have re-enactments, study the science of the armaments, or read everything about them. But until you make a machine that brings ten guys from each side and had them duke it out, it's all guesswork." She said as she continued making her way around the exibits.

Jack thought for a second, "M.C. Echer... he was the one who made the endless staircase, right?" He looked at one of the taller shelves until he found what he was looking for. He grabbed a book that looked like it would give you a headache if you stared at it for too long. "Could somthing this like this be what you are looking for?" He said as he leaned down to hand the book to Rain.

Adzo

Post by Adzo »

BlueAnubis wrote:Ruby placed a finger in Al and Crimson's collars and slowly plulled them back a few inches, "They call them accidents for a reason, boys" She said as she released them both. You both realize the problem with speculating who would win in a fight, don't you? The fact that there never was one. You could have re-enactments, study the science of the armaments, or read everything about them. But until you make a machine that brings ten guys from each side and had them duke it out, it's all guesswork." She said as she continued making her way around the exhibits.
Al chuckled dryly, "Ruby", He said, "You're not wrong there. I've sparred with people twice my size and held my own, and been floored in five seconds by people on their first time. your opponent can get lucky or you can make a stupid mistake, more often the latter in my case. All the training In the world can only serve to increase your odds, there is never any such thing as a fight you are guaranteed to win."
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

Adzo wrote:
Al chuckled dryly, "Ruby", He said, "You're not wrong there. I've sparred with people twice my size and held my own, and been floored in five seconds by people on their first time. your opponent can get lucky or you can make a stupid mistake, more often the latter in my case. All the training In the world can only serve to increase your odds, there is never any such thing as a fight you are guaranteed to win."

"oooh, wow Al, i'm liking you more already! hehe. you raise a very good point, one i can't help but agree with. though, Ruby has a good point too, i mean, remember the last little.. 're-enactment' we had? one of us got hurt and i don't plan on having that happen again~ and at this rate- Ruby'll do that to us if we aren't careful" *he giggles, emphasising that last little joke so she could hear*
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Rain looked at the book that Jack was holding out. "That's it! That's perfect!" She smiled. "Thanks, Jack! Now I know what I'm getting here."