HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Mickey

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by Mickey »

Marky was tapping away on his phone with one hand, the other idly twirling and putting spaghetti in his mouth. He had gotten distracted by a long serious of text messages, each playing with a different tone, and to quiet the noise, he began to answer them all. He leaned up and his phone light flashed, taking a picture of he food before him, before he continued to text out words.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel made his way over to Volken and Enrique, "I'm sure his security settings aren't completely impenetrable. I'm sure if you really wanted to, I could recode his core personality to be less... abrasive. It wouldn't be too hard, load the current personality onto temporary memory, overwrote the original with the recoded one then switch it back to pull from the new one. Or I could just write a censorship subroutine and spoof manufacturer read only privileges on it. I could even do it over the radio. I just need to get everything before his security system kicks in."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, well," Francis said to Columbina, whilst offering the hand to Piper - just to make sure they weren't under hypnosis or something, "I am afraid I had just finished with lunch. But I was making plans with my new friend Marky over there," he added, indicating the table. "I doubt he would mind if more joined us?"
Mickey wrote:Marky was tapping away on his phone with one hand, the other idly twirling and putting spaghetti in his mouth. He had gotten distracted by a long serious of text messages, each playing with a different tone, and to quiet the noise, he began to answer them all. He leaned up and his phone light flashed, taking a picture of he food before him, before he continued to text out words.
Colombina walked over Marky, still wagginghappily. "My, if you're not the busy doggy! What are you, a Wall Street trader? A spy texting to your fiendish network?"
Piper was getting a little worried at that exchange. To Tsuki, he asked, "Are you actually sure she is our..." almost blowing her cover.
Tsuki nodded. "Yes she is. Just don't get her mad, ever."
"Not that I wanted to try, believe me." Then he remembered to be polite and used his flexible wing to shake with Francis. "Charmed. I think I have seen you before. Aren't you the pet of some rich human or something?"
---
Deske wrote:Miguel made his way over to Volken and Enrique, "I'm sure his security settings aren't completely impenetrable. I'm sure if you really wanted to, I could recode his core personality to be less... abrasive. It wouldn't be too hard, load the current personality onto temporary memory, overwrote the original with the recoded one then switch it back to pull from the new one. Or I could just write a censorship subroutine and spoof manufacturer read only privileges on it. I could even do it over the radio. I just need to get everything before his security system kicks in."
Volken went pale at the idea. He is protected by a new protocol. Some nerd at the Pentagon christened it 'Kratos'. You know, like the character from the videogame series "God of War". So far, it has proven impenetrable...or rather, too dangerous to deal with. Literally. The protocol will slash intruders with random counterattacks, tearing the codes apart and rendering the whole of the intruding trojan or virus a useless heap of junk even if not eradicating it completely.
"And then there is the Z-Option: If stolen as a whole, even if deactivated, there are hidden protocols in his whole body. Like so many independent A.I., with one an only purpose: reactivate it at the proper moment and destroy everything in its path. Asur becomes literally a killing machine until his power source is depleted or he is destroyed.
"Scrapping Asur is also a big no-no: Every part with an informatic system contains a Kratos protocol: And that will go and hunt for everything connected to it, until the hapless fool who had the great idea of recycling Asur will lose his informatic possessions."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hah! There's the downfall," Miguel grinned, ideas being set forth on his metaphorical drawing board, "It relies on processing speed to attack and rewrite intrusive code. That's a bad design, especially if it's random because that requires generation of some sort which uses resources." He leaned back on the console, "See, AI have a lot of senses to take in and react to at once, which uses resources, if Asur's reactions stem from Algorithms then he can outthink me, however if they come from a heuristics type of program, then we're a good match. Now since the security runs off of actual random processing and hopefully not predetermined "Randomness," it would be easy to simply write maybe 5 bugs using the same learning programming that I use and stress the system a little. Have them report back via radio until their failsafe is triggered so that it doesn't come back to bite me. They could tell me it's as simple as looping a broken process over, which is entirely possible because humans always make mistakes. Or I might have to write enough that attack given senses, disorienting him until it's all thought through. This would effectively be a learning DDOS attack." He turns around and places his hands on the console, bringing up a small simulation in a matter of seconds, "I could add to its difficulty in attacking by not only flooding him with resource heavy programs, but by having them multiply exponentially the minute they start being used. If Kratos decides that it's a good idea to dismantle them, depending on how I write these bugs, it could simply cause broken code to write itself again. I could achieve this by writing multiple layers of redundancy that themselves write multiple layers of redundancy. And lo and behold..." He explains his point with the use of the simulation, showing programs initially stress testing the system before being rewritten and multiplying. The generations of viruses change within seconds of the last, adding to the overall chaos. "You can only shove so much traffic through a port before it becomes clogged." The simulation disappears as he removes his hands from the keyboard, "If I had a copy of that program I would be undefeatable. I could reverse engineer it and write my own security protocols and cracks for it. But that's just a theory, after all that is probably highly illegal and I am not in the market for getting dismantled."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It, er, has been mentioned before, yes, It's Francis Devon" he admitted, shaking the wing carefully before leading them back to the table. He pulled out a chair. "Pardon me for asking," he said after a moment, "but I have never seen such a... unique, uh, combination. How is it the four of you, um, came together?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
22xander

Post by 22xander »

valerio wrote: Sandine looked quite admired. Being able to reproduce a piece like that? She expected no less from an anidroid...but the choice... She almost forgot her manners and hummed while eating her meal, feeling as if she had been transported to some smoky jazz club of the roarng twenties.
At the end of the play, she applauded Hajime. "This was simply wonderful, it was just the perfect atmosphere." She pointed her fork at the dog. "Roux, confess: You and this much excellent anidroid had planned this. Shame."

"Chere if I had this planned I'd be playing with the fellow, you understand?"
He smiled and nussled her arm like any dog would. "And I'm glad to eat a bit of good food with you. But, chere, when do you think I will be able to meet your ward eh?" he looked up at her expectantly, having eaten a full meal with her. His demeanor also seemed to be a lot more doglike then it had been this entire time. It must have been something about so well that put him off his game and reminded him of puppy hood.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Deske wrote:"Hah! There's the downfall," Miguel grinned, ideas being set forth on his metaphorical drawing board, "It relies on processing speed to attack and rewrite intrusive code. That's a bad design, especially if it's random because that requires generation of some sort which uses resources." He leaned back on the console, "See, AI have a lot of senses to take in and react to at once, which uses resources, if Asur's reactions stem from Algorithms then he can outthink me, however if they come from a heuristics type of program, then we're a good match. Now since the security runs off of actual random processing and hopefully not predetermined "Randomness," it would be easy to simply write maybe 5 bugs using the same learning programming that I use and stress the system a little. Have them report back via radio until their failsafe is triggered so that it doesn't come back to bite me. They could tell me it's as simple as looping a broken process over, which is entirely possible because humans always make mistakes. Or I might have to write enough that attack given senses, disorienting him until it's all thought through. This would effectively be a learning DDOS attack." He turns around and places his hands on the console, bringing up a small simulation in a matter of seconds, "I could add to its difficulty in attacking by not only flooding him with resource heavy programs, but by having them multiply exponentially the minute they start being used. If Kratos decides that it's a good idea to dismantle them, depending on how I write these bugs, it could simply cause broken code to write itself again. I could achieve this by writing multiple layers of redundancy that themselves write multiple layers of redundancy. And lo and behold..." He explains his point with the use of the simulation, showing programs initially stress testing the system before being rewritten and multiplying. The generations of viruses change within seconds of the last, adding to the overall chaos. "You can only shove so much traffic through a port before it becomes clogged." The simulation disappears as he removes his hands from the keyboard, "If I had a copy of that program I would be undefeatable. I could reverse engineer it and write my own security protocols and cracks for it. But that's just a theory, after all that is probably highly illegal and I am not in the market for getting dismantled."
Volken stared at the droid as if he was a benevolent alien comes to enlighten the human race. "You know? I think I found a job for you. But you need to start from scratch, Asur and Jemmy are two unique models, I am not allowed to make copies of them or of their software. What do you think you could do?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It, er, has been mentioned before, yes, It's Francis Devon" he admitted, shaking the wing carefully before leading them back to the table. He pulled out a chair. "Pardon me for asking," he said after a moment, "but I have never seen such a... unique, uh, combination. How is it the four of you, um, came together?"
"Rich humans," Tsuki answered. "Spoiled rotten pets. Hyperprotective humans. Bodyguards."
Colombina sighed. "Forgive her. Sometimes she makes me think she wasn't born: She kung-fued her way out of the womb."
---
22xander wrote:"Chere if I had this planned I'd be playing with the fellow, you understand?" He smiled and nussled her arm like any dog would. "And I'm glad to eat a bit of good food with you. But, chere, when do you think I will be able to meet your ward eh?" he looked up at her expectantly, having eaten a full meal with her. His demeanor also seemed to be a lot more doglike then it had been this entire time. It must have been something about so well that put him off his game and reminded him of puppy hood.
"If you really want to, we could go to the reharsal theater. Knowing her, she must be there already by now."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis laughed at that. "I know what you mean," he said, taking up a seat. "A trip without bodyguards is a rarity for me too." He decided a little more lunch might be advisible so looked for some cheese on toast. "Hmm, rarebit style, I think."

Welsh Rarebit
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel sat back and ran through a large list of possible methods, cutting items out as he went along, "I could write you your own version of Kratos. The current iteration has flaws, but I could recode it to search the bugs for their metadata and loop them back so that they go after the attacker instead. It would search them for similar code then fall back to an algorithm to free up resources. It's not random so there's no need for a process to randomize the attacks. It just kills time until it finds a route back to the attacker." The droid sat down on a countertop, "Since this is a research lab, you're bound to have some sort of super computer here. It'd be trivial to defeat Kratos since it can outthink a standalone computational system like a droid." He turned to Volken, "What exactly is it that you want me to do? Do you want a security program or do you want me to break his security system? Or is it something else?"
22xander

Post by 22xander »

"Then, my dear, since we have eaten and the such shall e absconce?" He said, bowing to her before taking her hand in his paw and starting off to the nearest transportation.
Last edited by 22xander on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tee shrugged again, taking a chip from the plate, "Well considering my adoptive sister is a dog, I'd say we can give a shot at comradery. What do you say Delilah?" She asked as she ate the chip.

Delilah also shrugged, "Same really, just want to get around to meeting people. While we have had brief chats, they were brief and most other chances have been blocked by a slight crowding issue. Don't want to overwhelm anyone."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:"Worry not. Had you breached security, you'd know it by now, believe me...Now, I remember there was to be a show regarding the Titanic, right?"
"Noted. Thank you, sir. And yes, sir. Titanic: The Musical is showing every other night for the next month with the opening performance tonight. Tickets are available from the box office or via your wristband or alternatively I can send them to your droid via radio."

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:"I'm on an...extended break. A sabbatical, one could say. It will last the Maiden Voyage. After one year from now, I'll be back to rescue teams. I hope you have a good variety of shows on the list, I don't want to get bored."
"We do have a variety of shows on the schedule, yes. I can send a copy to your wristband if you wish. Please note that these are subject to change or cancellation at the discretion of the Doyle Theatre Group. We also schedule a variety show each week and members of the public are allowed to sign up to participate and share their own talents with their fellow travellers. I am certain that you will not be bored and I wish you all the best for your sabbatical."

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:Flash declined the food offer. "Thank you, but the last time I surrended to such offers I spent two weeks in intensive care. And yes, one day I'll be able to hunt for my own meat! I can't wait to rejoin my own people in China!" He flexed his own arms, showing the muscle bulges. "And what will you do of your life?"
"China? I thought you said you were from a zoo? Have you been to China before? Do you speak Chinese?" Makani queries before popping another pastry into his mouth and washing it down with coke.
"As for me... I don't really know... I never gave much thought to it, really... Heh. I've always just kinda taken each day as it comes... Is that a bad thing?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:Sandine looked quite admired. Being able to reproduce a piece like that? She expected no less from an anidroid...but the choice... She almost forgot her manners and hummed while eating her meal, feeling as if she had been transported to some smoky jazz club of the roarng twenties.
At the end of the play, she applauded Hajime. "This was simply wonderful, it was just the perfect atmosphere." She pointed her fork at the dog. "Roux, confess: You and this much excellent anidroid had planned this. Shame."
22xander wrote:"Chere if I had this planned I'd be playing with the fellow, you understand?" He smiled and nussled her arm like any dog would. "And I'm glad to eat a bit of good food with you. But, chere, when do you think I will be able to meet your ward eh?" he looked up at her expectantly, having eaten a full meal with her. His demeanor also seemed to be a lot more doglike then it had been this entire time. It must have been something about so well that put him off his game and reminded him of puppy hood.
The otter bowed. "I am pleased that you find the performance enticing, Sandine-sama, but Roux-sama is right; I merely delivered what was expected of me, he is the one with a great choice for music and company."
valerio wrote:"If you really want to, we could go to the reharsal theater. Knowing her, she must be there already by now."
22xander wrote:"Then, my dear, since we have eaten and the such shall e absconce?" He said, bowing to her before taking her hand in his paw and starting off to the nearest transportation.
Hajime was a little surprised by the dog's sudden enthusiasm, but didn't remark on it as they began to leave. He placed a paw across his chest and bent forward. "Thank you for your patronage to the main restaurant, have a pleasant day goshuujinsama-tachi." After they had left, he packed away his cornet and cleaned up the table, before taking his position near a service counter close to where Makani and Flash were, ready at their beck and call.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis laughed at that. "I know what you mean," he said, taking up a seat. "A trip without bodyguards is a rarity for me too." He decided a little more lunch might be advisible so looked for some cheese on toast. "Hmm, rarebit style, I think."
Welsh Rarebit
"I will have anything small and alive," Mac said, looking around. "Or just small. As long as it fresh and raw. Doesn't this place have any tartare steak?"
"I'll order you a double. With a lot of eggs," Colombina said.
"Seeds. Or, a poutpourri. Fresh," Piper asked. "Since we're here, must be living high after all."
---
Deske wrote:Miguel sat back and ran through a large list of possible methods, cutting items out as he went along, "I could write you your own version of Kratos. The current iteration has flaws, but I could recode it to search the bugs for their metadata and loop them back so that they go after the attacker instead. It would search them for similar code then fall back to an algorithm to free up resources. It's not random so there's no need for a process to randomize the attacks. It just kills time until it finds a route back to the attacker." The droid sat down on a countertop, "Since this is a research lab, you're bound to have some sort of super computer here. It'd be trivial to defeat Kratos since it can outthink a standalone computational system like a droid." He turned to Volken, "What exactly is it that you want me to do? Do you want a security program or do you want me to break his security system? Or is it something else?"
Volken thought about it. "You pose an interesting question: Considering the quality of work applied to protect Asur, why should he be equipped with such a faulty defense system? It is almost as if it wasn't even a true challenge to a real pro. I mean, without even interacting with it, you came to see its weak points.
"I think that there is something we are missing, here. Some feature I was not informed about. And believe me, that stuff is classified like no tomorrow.
"But we have our own supercomputer. How do you guys like working with a Quantum Mainfraime?"
Hlaoroo wrote:"Noted. Thank you, sir. And yes, sir. Titanic: The Musical is showing every other night for the next month with the opening performance tonight. Tickets are available from the box office or via your wristband or alternatively I can send them to your droid via radio."
"Send it to my 'band, please. Just one...oh, unless my friends here wanted to join me of course."
---
kurowolfe wrote:The otter bowed. "I am pleased that you find the performance enticing, Sandine-sama, but Roux-sama is right; I merely delivered what was expected of me, he is the one with a great choice for music and company."
"Oh, he *is* full of surprises. Thank you again for this wonderful service."
22xander wrote:"Then, my dear, since we have eaten and the such shall e absconce?" He said, bowing to her before taking her hand in his paw and starting off to the nearest transportation.
"So, what will it be? The theater or the casino?"
---
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tee shrugged again, taking a chip from the plate, "Well considering my adoptive sister is a dog, I'd say we can give a shot at comradery. What do you say Delilah?" She asked as she ate the chip.
Delilah also shrugged, "Same really, just want to get around to meeting people. While we have had brief chats, they were brief and most other chances have been blocked by a slight crowding issue. Don't want to overwhelm anyone."
The human almost collapsed with relief. "I owe you a ton. Please, take your fill, no worry. Volant is in no hurry to leave his room, and I don't want to put any pressure on you guys."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"We do have a variety of shows on the schedule, yes. I can send a copy to your wristband if you wish. Please note that these are subject to change or cancellation at the discretion of the Doyle Theatre Group. We also schedule a variety show each week and members of the public are allowed to sign up to participate and share their own talents with their fellow travellers. I am certain that you will not be bored and I wish you all the best for your sabbatical."
"I see. Okay, and, ah...Do you accept spectators during the reharsals? Mother sent me a message, she wants to see how I do."
---
kurowolfe wrote:Hajime was a little surprised by the dog's sudden enthusiasm, but didn't remark on it as they began to leave. He placed a paw across his chest and bent forward. "Thank you for your patronage to the main restaurant, have a pleasant day goshuujinsama-tachi." After they had left, he packed away his cornet and cleaned up the table, before taking his position near a service counter close to where Makani and Flash were, ready at their beck and call.
Hlaoroo wrote:"China? I thought you said you were from a zoo? Have you been to China before? Do you speak Chinese?" Makani queries before popping another pastry into his mouth and washing it down with coke.
"As for me... I don't really know... I never gave much thought to it, really... Heh. I've always just kinda taken each day as it comes... Is that a bad thing?"
[/quote][/quote]
Flash gave him a pat on the shoulder that almost sent the poor pet flying. "That's the spirit! The best kind, I daresay!
"As for my family, they belonged to a powerful tribe of the mountains...Until a sickness almost wiped everyone out. Some of them, including my parents, decided to go work for the humans rather than just going extinct." He shrugged. "But my heart is still with my people. One day I will make my family proud. Suǒyǐ, wǒ fāshì!"* And he placed a punch on his chest to emphatize those words.
*So I swear!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I came to see it's weak points because it's very easy for me to continuously update coding to try and break in to something. A human could do it if they had help figuring out what needed to be changed. Because once it injects code, you have to remove and rebuild that area. Truthfully it's very effective if a human were trying to get in, but it's exploitable if you can think fast enough like an AI." He put his hands up in a half defensive way, "Not to insult your species or anything, but humans don't put up much of a challenge when it comes to coding."

"Oooh quantum computing. I can't wait to run simulations of new neural pathways designs. If I can get them to connect just right I can make an AI that runs faster and can make more connections than any droid in service today!"

"I wouldn't mind connecting to it, I could run some proxies tests against Kratos and see if there's anything it's hiding that you don't know about. I doubt I'll find anything hidden inside of it. If you want I could bounce the proxy a few times and maybe do some light recoding of our military designed friend..." He said rather suggestively, as if he wasn't advocating for it but he wasn't completely against it.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

"let us go to the theater, as I have more then enough time to start my campaign to take over the casino. If I wait to long, your ward might be snached up by another handsome dog." He grinned, tipped his had, and held her hand firmly with his paw. Then again he started moving, pulling on her like an excitable puppy on the leash.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: Colombina walked over Marky, still wagginghappily. "My, if you're not the busy doggy! What are you, a Wall Street trader? A spy texting to your fiendish network?"
Piper was getting a little worried at that exchange. To Tsuki, he asked, "Are you actually sure she is our..." almost blowing her cover.
Tsuki nodded. "Yes she is. Just don't get her mad, ever."
"Not that I wanted to try, believe me." Then he remembered to be polite and used his flexible wing to shake with Francis. "Charmed. I think I have seen you before. Aren't you the pet of some rich human or something?"
"None of the above, but all good guesses though. Nope, I'm just texting my family. Would be boring if Blueberry would stop sending me Pokemon Go memes."

Marky set his phone down and put it on silent for the moment being. He looked up at Colombina, smiling.

"And what might your name be?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"They seem to have some of everything on the menu," Francis admitted. "Ah, there's the tartare," he said, pointing it out.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:"Alrighty then! Seeya later!"ramona said before closing her eyes and letting who she thought was Reginald take control.

When Bullet opened his eyes, seeing that his plan managed to work, he couldn't help but smile. He just needed to be calm for a little bit and the others could mistake for Mr. Emotionless. Great thing to know. Seeing the female dog in front of him, his smile grew wider and he said, "Well, hello beautiful. What's your name?"
There was a slight twitch in the canine's tail before Avery smiled politely back and answered. "My name is Doctor Avery Johansson, I am the therapy dog designated here on Apollo City! If I am correct you called me here to see you and the rest of your personalities, a simple meet and greet as far as I know."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Bullet put a finger to his chin, a smile still plastered to his face.Hmm, she must think I'm Reginald. Should I...? No. He won't get any credit. He cleared his throat before saying, "No, I'm not the robot that can only feel regret, Reginald. I am the much better, much more exciting, and the much more fun, the one, the only, Bullet!" He did a bow to his left and then a bow to his right before saying, "Thank you, thank you! Now, can you tell me, where exactly am I?
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Deske wrote:"I came to see it's weak points because it's very easy for me to continuously update coding to try and break in to something. A human could do it if they had help figuring out what needed to be changed. Because once it injects code, you have to remove and rebuild that area. Truthfully it's very effective if a human were trying to get in, but it's exploitable if you can think fast enough like an AI." He put his hands up in a half defensive way, "Not to insult your species or anything, but humans don't put up much of a challenge when it comes to coding."
"Oooh quantum computing. I can't wait to run simulations of new neural pathways designs. If I can get them to connect just right I can make an AI that runs faster and can make more connections than any droid in service today!"
"I wouldn't mind connecting to it, I could run some proxies tests against Kratos and see if there's anything it's hiding that you don't know about. I doubt I'll find anything hidden inside of it. If you want I could bounce the proxy a few times and maybe do some light recoding of our military designed friend..." He said rather suggestively, as if he wasn't advocating for it but he wasn't completely against it.
Volken thought for a few long minutes about it, before saying, "I think that it would violate too many non-disclosure agreements. And what about something completely different, Miguel? Something on the line of... 'I'm Rubber, you're Glue?', instead?
---
22xander wrote:"let us go to the theater, as I have more then enough time to start my campaign to take over the casino. If I wait to long, your ward might be snached up by another handsome dog." He grinned, tipped his had, and held her hand firmly with his paw. Then again he started moving, pulling on her like an excitable puppy on the leash.
At that, Sandine burst out in a short laugh. "'Snatched up'! Oh, dog, that is so rich, I should've recorded it. No, my rogue, believe me: no one 'snatches up' Nessie. In fact, you better play all of your charm to convince her you're a valid suitor. I've seen her turn away feral warriors who would've given their tribes for her."
---
Mickey wrote:"None of the above, but all good guesses though. Nope, I'm just texting my family. Would be boring if Blueberry would stop sending me Pokemon Go memes."
Marky set his phone down and put it on silent for the moment being. He looked up at Colombina, smiling.
"And what might your name be?"
"Colombina. This fine snake is Macajuel, or just Mac. Snow-white is Tsuki and birdie is Piper. Tsuki and I are bodyguards. Are you alone?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"They seem to have some of everything on the menu," Francis admitted. "Ah, there's the tartare," he said, pointing it out.
At the mention of that food, Mac hissed with pleasure. "Order three. With eggs. And a lot of vinegar. Italian Modena vinegar."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I suppose it's a good way to make friends," Francis said, shrugging before calling ovr a waiter to order the requisite meals. "I'll pay for this one, err, Mac."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux giggles, smiling. "well then I suppose I'll just have to have as much time as possible to use my considerable skills eh? Chere, this is gonna be fun, so let's party!" they had stepped into the transport and he had given the orders on just where to go, and just then he gave the order to leave. They started their at a breakneck speed, before finally arriving at the promised location.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Mmm that sounds like a good idea. It could simply copy paste a routing subroutine to route it back to the attacker. It's a bit complicated but I think I have any idea on how to do it. Anything else you want added to that? Special features, remote control, et cetera."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:"Send it to my 'band, please. Just one...oh, unless my friends here wanted to join me of course."
"Yes, sir. Where would you like to sit? I've sent a 3D seating plan of the theatre showing all available seats to your band which you can view at your nearest computer terminal or holographic projector."

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:"I see. Okay, and, ah...Do you accept spectators during the reharsals? Mother sent me a message, she wants to see how I do."
"For rehearsals I am afraid we do not, however for auditions spectators are welcome to provide support for those being auditioned." Kelly replies as the car smoothly leans around a corner before beginning to slow.

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:Flash gave him a pat on the shoulder that almost sent the poor pet flying. "That's the spirit! The best kind, I daresay!
"As for my family, they belonged to a powerful tribe of the mountains...Until a sickness almost wiped everyone out. Some of them, including my parents, decided to go work for the humans rather than just going extinct." He shrugged. "But my heart is still with my people. One day I will make my family proud. Suǒyǐ, wǒ fāshì!"* And he placed a punch on his chest to emphatize those words.
*So I swear!
"Ah. Sorry to hear that...I'm sure they'll be very proud of you though, even now, as you're potentially pioneering a new medical technology and paving the way for many other people to survive similar afflictions if the operation works." Makani says, hoping to give some solace to the big cat.
"Suu-what now? Was that Chinese? Oh, ah, Hajime, could I get a bottle of water and a glass of ice please?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I suppose it's a good way to make friends," Francis said, shrugging before calling ovr a waiter to order the requisite meals. "I'll pay for this one, err, Mac."
"Much too kind, as I seem to have left the plastic in my other skin. What about trying a game of golf, one day?"
---
Deske wrote:"Mmm that sounds like a good idea. It could simply copy paste a routing subroutine to route it back to the attacker. It's a bit complicated but I think I have any idea on how to do it. Anything else you want added to that? Special features, remote control, et cetera."
"Nah, for now let's just try with this one. Much as I know the original nerd team was good, I also know one like Asur is worth billions. I am sure someone will try to hack him. This should serve to puzzle them and give me a head-up."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Yes, sir. Where would you like to sit? I've sent a 3D seating plan of the theatre showing all available seats to your band which you can view at your nearest computer terminal or holographic projector."
"Guys, there's this 'Titanic' show, tonight at the theater. You with me? There are three nice seats at the fourth row."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah. Sorry to hear that...I'm sure they'll be very proud of you though, even now, as you're potentially pioneering a new medical technology and paving the way for many other people to survive similar afflictions if the operation works." Makani says, hoping to give some solace to the big cat.
"Suu-what now? Was that Chinese? Oh, ah, Hajime, could I get a bottle of water and a glass of ice please?"
"Your condolescences are appreciated. After all, even should the operation be successful, my genes are tainted. I cannot sire a cub, for it would be as sick as me. "jié shù nán táo, or 'Destiny is inexorable, no fleeing it.'. But I'd rather fight all the way to live my last day at home, instead of hiding in a corner, waiting for my fate... And yes, that his Chinese. Having much time at disposal can be a good thing."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"For rehearsals I am afraid we do not, however for auditions spectators are welcome to provide support for those being auditioned." Kelly replies as the car smoothly leans around a corner before beginning to slow.
22xander wrote:Roux giggles, smiling. "well then I suppose I'll just have to have as much time as possible to use my considerable skills eh? Chere, this is gonna be fun, so let's party!" they had stepped into the transport and he had given the orders on just where to go, and just then he gave the order to leave. They started their at a breakneck speed, before finally arriving at the promised location.
"Speaking of the devil," Sandine said, as they stepped out of the car.
"Speaking of the devil," Nessie said, as she stepped out of the car. She looked to the inch like a glossy, smooth piece of ebony with her intense grey eyes. Her lack of collar only put in evidence her complexion. "And hello, new dog. Who might you be?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis considered that for a moment. "Mark Twain once said 'Golf is a good walk spoiled'. Can't say I've ever tried it." He nodded. "I suppose here would be as good a place as any to try it."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Alright, I'll set it to a core. In the meantime I think I might explore the rest of the ship, as I'm pretty sure that this lab isn't the only room in this place." He gave a slight overly-formal bow and headed back out the way they came in.
"Okay bye I guess." He watched the droid leave, "Think I should've toned down the personality a little bit? Anyway, so where's that mainframe you were talking about? I've been itching to start designing new neural pathways and with the assistance of a supercomputer, it should be much much easier to test out how they'll all connect to each other."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Suu-what now? Was that Chinese? Oh, ah, Hajime, could I get a bottle of water and a glass of ice please?"
Hajime's ears perked up. "Certainly," he answered, and went to fetch just those items from the service counter, placing them in front of Makani. "Shall I pour it for you?"

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux immediately stepped forward and took the girl's paw in his, smiling and kissing it with a flourish. "My dear, your... Friend here has been showing me around this delightful vessel, and told me a lot about you." He said, smiling with a roguish grin. "I simply had to meat you Chere, as a hometown sort of boy from new Orleans i need to stretch my legs once in a while and you seemed too perfect to pass up. Buitiful, intelligent, and charming of course. Chere, I just hope I can live up to you. I am just so delighted."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Bullet put a finger to his chin, a smile still plastered to his face.Hmm, she must think I'm Reginald. Should I...? No. He won't get any credit. He cleared his throat before saying, "No, I'm not the robot that can only feel regret, Reginald. I am the much better, much more exciting, and the much more fun, the one, the only, Bullet!" He did a bow to his left and then a bow to his right before saying, "Thank you, thank you! Now, can you tell me, where exactly am I?
Avery raised an eyebrow at Bullet's antics, but made no other remarks. "Well, you are on Apollo City, a high tech floating metropolis! Though before we go on too much of a tangent I have to say, your other personalities have cautioned me about you, any reason that may be?" There was no point in circling around the matter. There was a reason why the others thought Bullet was dangerous, or at least, someone to be cautioned against. No better way to get to the answer than ask the source. Plus with Jemmy here watching she's be able to get any observational data he could see afterwards.

Ref Ref!
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Oh, that's really simple!" Bullet said as he got closer to a nearby table, one that had a vase with flowers on it. A high tech floating city? Let's test how high tech it really is...
Suddenly, with a quick turn of his body, he grabbed the vase and threw the water at the robot next to Avery. "I'm ******* insane!" He said with a cruel cackle.
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis considered that for a moment. "Mark Twain once said 'Golf is a good walk spoiled'. Can't say I've ever tried it." He nodded. "I suppose here would be as good a place as any to try it."
Mac hissed a laugh. "Your philosphy about walk is lost with me, upright. Golf is the best sport I can have fun with."
---
Deske wrote:"Alright, I'll set it to a core. In the meantime I think I might explore the rest of the ship, as I'm pretty sure that this lab isn't the only room in this place." He gave a slight overly-formal bow and headed back out the way they came in.
"Okay bye I guess." He watched the droid leave, "Think I should've toned down the personality a little bit? Anyway, so where's that mainframe you were talking about? I've been itching to start designing new neural pathways and with the assistance of a supercomputer, it should be much much easier to test out how they'll all connect to each other."
"Actually. that is a very interesting personality. You managed to make one very curious, knowledge-seeker out of a motley prototype assembly, I like it a lot. it means Miguel is very versatile, has a lot of potentialities instead of being overly specialized. You must be very proud of him...Anyway, follow me. I'll show you to FETUS; he, too, is quite the curious guy."
---
22xander wrote:Roux immediately stepped forward and took the girl's paw in his, smiling and kissing it with a flourish. "My dear, your... Friend here has been showing me around this delightful vessel, and told me a lot about you." He said, smiling with a roguish grin. "I simply had to meat you Chere, as a hometown sort of boy from new Orleans i need to stretch my legs once in a while and you seemed too perfect to pass up. Buitiful, intelligent, and charming of course. Chere, I just hope I can live up to you. I am just so delighted."
"New Orleans, eh? I started working there with the animal rescue units after Katrina. Pleased to meet you, Roux. It's good to see a charming someone from the "Big Easy"."
---
Roarin wrote:Avery raised an eyebrow at Bullet's antics, but made no other remarks. "Well, you are on Apollo City, a high tech floating metropolis! Though before we go on too much of a tangent I have to say, your other personalities have cautioned me about you, any reason that may be?" There was no point in circling around the matter. There was a reason why the others thought Bullet was dangerous, or at least, someone to be cautioned against. No better way to get to the answer than ask the source. Plus with Jemmy here watching she's be able to get any observational data he could see afterwards.
AnimeNerd88 wrote:"Oh, that's really simple!" Bullet said as he got closer to a nearby table, one that had a vase with flowers on it. A high tech floating city? Let's test how high tech it really is...
Suddenly, with a quick turn of his body, he grabbed the vase and threw the water at the robot next to Avery. "I'm ******* insane!" He said with a cruel cackle.
Jemmy didn't even flinch when the water hit him. In fact, the water just...slid off him, as if he were made of teflon. Not a droplet spilled over his body. And when he spoke, it was without the least trace of irritation. "In case you were wondering, yes, my body is composed of nanomaterials that make me completely impervious to liquids. And I must warn you: The ship and her passengers are protected against several levels of threats over than you. You are just wasting energies."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If you were an actor," Francis said with amusement, "I'd ask if you play a lot of clubs and is your friend there a swinger? Ah, here comes the waiter again." Francis ordered for the new foursome.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux smiled and nodded, still having her paw pressed to hid kits. With a blush he stepped back and looked her up and down, bitinghis lip. "Well, Chere, I suppose I've got to thank you. It ended up hard enough for those of us who managed to buy our way our." He didn't really want to all about... That time. "Now, I've been wondering all ay, do you you suppose you would like to join me tonight? I've been told I'm pleasant company." his tail started to wag at her as he smiled, unconviously as he stared at her.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:"Oh, that's really simple!" Bullet said as he got closer to a nearby table, one that had a vase with flowers on it. A high tech floating city? Let's test how high tech it really is...
The Eskimo dog's ears twitched as the water splashed right beside her and onto Jemmy. And as Jemmy talked she stayed quiet, the cogs in her mind turning before a moment later, she smiled again. Not like that polite and professional smile she held before, but one that was... Genuine.

"Mmh..." Avery crouched down and began to pick up the damp flowers one by one as they lay strewn across the floor in front of them, bunching the stems in her hand as best as she can before standing back up and walking over to Bullet. After placing the colorful array of plants back inside its container she gently took it from the terrier before handing it off to the Elen-unit. "Can you please find put some water to put back in this, it'd be a shame if these died. Oh, and a towel please. Thank you."

After handing it off she returned her attention to the canine in front of her. "Well, I can see why your other personalities warned me about you. But... I don't think they're completely right. Insane people usually don't say their insane. And even if they do, it doesn't mean they can't be kind, compassionate, and understanding too." She shrugged and gave Bullet a smirk. "It just means they like to show it in a different way."

Avery gently placed a hand in the dog's shoulder, warm and reassuring. "And I think you're all of those things, even if you don't think so yourself."

Ref Ref!
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Water-proof robots? Bullet thought. Well, I should've known. At least I can still smash-
"Oh, come on!" Bullet said after Avery had taken the vase, his face now going into a frown. He hadn't even noticed her picking up the flowers or putting them in the vase while he was intently staring the robot. "I wanted to smash that!"
After hearing her short speech, Bullet let out a sigh before saying, "I said that because, unlike most of your patients, I'm self aware. I know I'm crazy. Why bother debating it? And, no, I can't feel those feelings, and you wanna know why?" His smirk returned to his lips, "Because I don't care about most people. Why do you think I just tried to short-circuit your robot buddy? Plus, I have a feeling that they didn't say what's happened to us in the past. You know, why we're like this," He let out a small laugh. "Heck, I'm the only one that can even stand talking about it."
-Monokuma

Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel found his way into what seemed to be the dining hall, looking around it with a bit of disinterest since he couldn't really eat or drink. He still walked through it, making a sort of mental map of the area before would move on to the next.
"Thanks for the compliment, but really it was more of something I did because I was a little bit bored at the house. I'm pretty proud of him, not because I built him, but because of the learning process he uses he's become his own person and developed his own personality full of likes and dislikes. Nothing about how he reacts to situations was programmed by me, his actions are his own, even if I still have to take responsibility for them. FETUS must be the name of the supercomputer right? Does it have it's own onboard AI?"
Last edited by Deske on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"If you were an actor," Francis said with amusement, "I'd ask if you play a lot of clubs and is your friend there a swinger? Ah, here comes the waiter again." Francis ordered for the new foursome.
"No actor, but golf is the only sport where I can work out. After all, what's more useful than an all-terrain, water-friendly slitherer to recover your ball? Though I wouldn't mind playing in a movie: Where else do I get to get paid to crush people? Heh."
"Bah!" Piper scoffed. "I need to get near a radio station, and I will be alright. I can't wait to become a radio star. I could basically fill the roles of a whole cast." The parrot puffed up his chest with pride
---
22xander wrote:Roux smiled and nodded, still having her paw pressed to hid kits. With a blush he stepped back and looked her up and down, bitinghis lip. "Well, Chere, I suppose I've got to thank you. It ended up hard enough for those of us who managed to buy our way our." He didn't really want to all about... That time. "Now, I've been wondering all ay, do you you suppose you would like to join me tonight? I've been told I'm pleasant company." his tail started to wag at her as he smiled, unconviously as he stared at her.
Much like Sandine had done with him before, the cat's finger caressed the dog's throat. "Oh, I'm so sure you are. Mother wouldn't pick up anyone without knowing better. But I must go now." She turned to the droid who had carried her there. "Mind if they support me, or..?"
---
Deske wrote:"Thanks for the compliment, but really it was more of something I did because I was a little bit bored at the house. I'm pretty proud of him, not because I built him, but because of the learning process he uses he's become his own person and developed his own personality full of likes and dislikes. Nothing about how he reacts to situations was programmed by me, his actions are his own, even if I still have to take responsibility for them. FETUS must be the name of the supercomputer right? Does it have it's own onboard AI?"
Volken grinned. "To put it in a simple way: FETUS *is* the ship. He controls every little aspect of her, everything electronic, communication, vital systems, anidroids, is part of his AI, and he got spare to work with the laboratories. Atlas Corporation owes a ton to the work of Feynman and Turing, and FETUS agrees. Hence his name. Our baby is worth enough billions to make hackers drool all over...Oh, by the way, I think you missed my talk with that droid: I am going to theatre tonight, for a Titanic piece. You and Miguel would like to join?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd probably cast you," Francis confessed, "If I had a radio station." He mused. "I believe there IS a repertory company aboard. Perhaps we should look them up?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie