HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:"Okidoki," the reptilian droid conceded. "Oh, and Jemmy?" he added casually."Just FYI, protocolo 414 engaged."
The droid's eyes flashed. "Aknowledged," was all he said.
Beta was just about to knock on the door when Asur suddenly sprung that protocol. Beta immediately pulled his hand back. "If you want help, you're going to have to stop pulling suspicious **** like that at such strategic moments that will most **** with my head!" he snarled. "Now, explain what the **** Protocol 414 is or you can forget about my help!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"Uh...er..." his eyes kept darting around. "N-no, it's not that anyone could hurt me...I am...was the champion, a champion...It's...that they come back for me. They all come back for me... Do you have coffee?"
"Of course we do! Let me go ask for some." Hopping to her feet, Avery hummed softly as she padded over to the door and poked her head once again, asking her assistant if she could have two cups. One for herself as well. "So, Sir Ham, if you don't mind me asking." Avery swiveled around, turning her attention back to the large canine. "Who do you think will come back for you?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Flash," Makani stops, facing the leopard, and takes his paws in his own, staring straight into his eyes. "It's not a choice and it's not a curse. It's just who and what you are. It's not something that can be cured either. You know, plenty of studies have shown that. So the sooner you accept it the better, okay? Now, as I said, there are ways you can contribute to the gene pool of your species without having to mate with someone you're not comfortable with. And there are ways you can help save your species without having to contribute to the gene pool at all. You can be a spokesperson or raise money or all kinds of things. So don't let them make you feel ashamed or uncomfortable with who and what you are. Hey, if they won't stick up for you and look out for you then I will."
"Ah..." the snow leopard actually blushed at that. "You're so cute, I mean...thank you, but...in the end, we *do* need new blood. I don't believe my love for males is some transmissible *sickness* but I do have a problem that could endanger my cubs." He touched his tummy. "Once that is solved, I can give my, err, erm..." he blushed even harder now "Ah, to a bank. That stuff, y'know, eh? And so at least a new prince will be born. My tribe is ready to accept it, by now they'll accept any solution as long as it gives birth to healthy cubs. But they'd really prefer the traditional way, and I owe it to all my people. I know, it's difficult..."
---
CyberDragon wrote:Beta was just about to knock on the door when Asur suddenly sprung that protocol. Beta immediately pulled his hand back. "If you want help, you're going to have to stop pulling suspicious **** like that at such strategic moments that will most **** with my head!" he snarled. "Now, explain what the **** Protocol 414 is or you can forget about my help!"
"*sigh* Protocol 414 is...the ultimate form of self-defense for Jemmy, safe of self-destruct. Only I and our creator can give that command. To activate mine, only Jemmy and our creator can give that command. In the case of Jemmy, since he's an intelligence droid, he is now literally connected to the whole of the ship and can use it as a defense system. I had to activate it because you want us separated. And no, you don't want to *know* what Protocol 414 can do in my case. Now, shall you go?" I will be waiting here like a good Terminator
---
Roarin wrote:"Of course we do! Let me go ask for some." Hopping to her feet, Avery hummed softly as she padded over to the door and poked her head once again, asking her assistant if she could have two cups. One for herself as well. "So, Sir Ham, if you don't mind me asking." Avery swiveled around, turning her attention back to the large canine. "Who do you think will come back for you?"
"THEM!" Ham almost roared, as if she was supposed to know. Then he calmed down. A bit. "Ah, sorry. No, we never met. You read my file, right? You know I am a Champion. In the ring, Champions work their way fight after fight, life...after life...always..." He was starting to pant nervously, repeatedly licking his chops, his eyes still darting as if seeking for some dark corner in a well-lit room
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We could sort a whole channel out with this," Malcolm enthused as they headed through the ship, "or at least the base. I mean, if we're going to show this we don't just need camera crews - which we could do with just the droids or a mixture of droids and Pets - but we'd also need presenters." He smiled at Shayla. "This event could be one of the start points of the community. And it's you guys had the idea."
------------------
"Oh, I think I'm with you for the long run, Tegan. Just you try and stop me!"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"THEM!" Ham almost roared, as if she was supposed to know. Then he calmed down. A bit. "Ah, sorry. No, we never met. You read my file, right? You know I am a Champion. In the ring, Champions work their way fight after fight, life...after life...always..." He was starting to pant nervously, repeatedly licking his chops, his eyes still darting as if seeking for some dark corner in a well-lit room
Avery's ears flattened a bit as Ham raised his voice, his sudden outburst catching her off guard. She took a deep breath and quickly recovered. "Yes, I believe I did. You all were part of the fighting ring correct?" Avery returned to her seat across from Ham. "Well, I don't know how much it means to you but... you are safe here. All of you, from them, from... anyone you want to be safe from really." The doctor gave him a small smile. "I understand it may be hard to believe, and it takes time to sink in especially after you've been in that awful situation for such a long time, but you are safe. And I'll try my best to convince you of that. You don't have to fight anymore, if you don't want to."

Ref Ref!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:"*sigh* Protocol 414 is...the ultimate form of self-defense for Jemmy, safe of self-destruct. Only I and our creator can give that command. To activate mine, only Jemmy and our creator can give that command. In the case of Jemmy, since he's an intelligence droid, he is now literally connected to the whole of the ship and can use it as a defense system. I had to activate it because you want us separated. And no, you don't want to *know* what Protocol 414 can do in my case. Now, shall you go?" I will be waiting here like a good Terminator
"So you weaponized and armed Jemmy just before I was about to finally let him near my best friend, a best friend who has made it VERY clear he does not trust you as far as he can throw you, and you still expect either of us to help you?" Beta snarled. "Help that involves you experimenting on me and hooking me up to an organic supercomputer! Why did I even think to agree to this? You're a distrustful psychopath! You're a scheming ****** who enjoys pain! Why did I even consider this? You could be trying to get to get to Tom for all I know! Heck, for all I know, you might be the one tampering with Jemmy! You certainly have some degree of access to his protocols and an in-depth knowledge of how he works!"

"What's all of this noise about?"

Beta spun around and saw Tom standing in the doorway.

"I assume by Beta's shouting, you wanted to see me?" he said, not a hint of his typical humor in his tone. "What is it?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We could sort a whole channel out with this," Malcolm enthused as they headed through the ship, "or at least the base. I mean, if we're going to show this we don't just need camera crews - which we could do with just the droids or a mixture of droids and Pets - but we'd also need presenters." He smiled at Shayla. "This event could be one of the start points of the community. And it's you guys had the idea."
"So we could actually become famous??" the group asked as one...again. Shayla's eyes gleamed, then she started a short happy dance "In-yo-face-mr-keeper-HAH!"
------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, I think I'm with you for the long run, Tegan. Just you try and stop me!"
"Wouldn't dream of, dear. At what time are you telling the paparazzi of our sinful liaison?" she grinned
---
Roarin wrote:Avery's ears flattened a bit as Ham raised his voice, his sudden outburst catching her off guard. She took a deep breath and quickly recovered. "Yes, I believe I did. You all were part of the fighting ring correct?" Avery returned to her seat across from Ham. "Well, I don't know how much it means to you but... you are safe here. All of you, from them, from... anyone you want to be safe from really." The doctor gave him a small smile. "I understand it may be hard to believe, and it takes time to sink in especially after you've been in that awful situation for such a long time, but you are safe. And I'll try my best to convince you of that. You don't have to fight anymore, if you don't want to."
Another quirk: Ham was actually trying hard to keep his eyes open, as if even the act of blinking would bring nightmares. "Did you...did you...ever...take...a..."
---
CyberDragon wrote:"So you weaponized and armed Jemmy just before I was about to finally let him near my best friend, a best friend who has made it VERY clear he does not trust you as far as he can throw you, and you still expect either of us to help you?" Beta snarled. "Help that involves you experimenting on me and hooking me up to an organic supercomputer! Why did I even think to agree to this? You're a distrustful psychopath! You're a scheming ****** who enjoys pain! Why did I even consider this? You could be trying to get to get to Tom for all I know! Heck, for all I know, you might be the one tampering with Jemmy! You certainly have some degree of access to his protocols and an in-depth knowledge of how he works!"
"What's all of this noise about?"
Beta spun around and saw Tom standing in the doorway.
"I assume by Beta's shouting, you wanted to see me?" he said, not a hint of his typical humor in his tone. "What is it?"
[/quote]
It was Jemmy who answered. "Good morning, Sir. The main reason for coming here was to try and develop a special security protocol to avoid some of my former developers to try and kidnap me, as one of them has just been arrested during such an attempt. We do not know who else may be involved, and for now, being Asur and I two highly and unique specialized droids for Intelligence&Deliverance, we need the support of passengers with a remarkable technical background and a clear record.
"Now, since a condition to meet you was that Asur was to stay at a distance, specifically outside your working quarters while I was in, Asur deemed it safe to activate a peer-to-peer safet protocol that, until lifted, will make me a main controller of this ship to prevent any potential damage while my counterpart is not by my side. If you will kindly accept Asur's presence said protocol will be lifted at once.
"For some reason, your companion still keeps thinking that we constitute a threat to his and your safety."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:Another quirk: Ham was actually trying hard to keep his eyes open, as if even the act of blinking would bring nightmares. "Did you...did you...ever...take...a..."
"Hmm? Take a what?" Avery asked, tilting her head to the side.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SeanWolf wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"That does sound relaxing. I take it your favourite genre is the one you're known for performing?"
"Well, that," Torque replies, "And I also like to listen to soundtracks from games and movies."
"What's your favourite soundtrack?" Kelly asks, putting Torque's trash in a nearby bin. "Did you want a drink or a dessert?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"That does sound relaxing. I take it your favourite genre is the one you're known for performing?"
"Well, that," Torque replies, "And I also like to listen to soundtracks from games and movies."
"What's your favourite soundtrack?" Kelly asks, putting Torque's trash in a nearby bin. "Did you want a drink or a dessert?"
"No, thank you" Torque replies, in response about the drink and dessert, before answering the former with "Mostly the classic movies and various Sci-Fi films, like the original WarCrusier Nebula* soundtrack."

*WarCruiser Nebula = 70's Battlestar Galactica
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, not bad at all! Although I prefer the soundtracks to musicals myself. I always did like showtunes.".
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, not bad at all! Although I prefer the soundtracks to musicals myself. I always did like showtunes.".
"Ah, cool!" Torque replies as he checked his wristband as he thought he felt it go off, but was relieved to see it didn't, "Sorry about that. Guess it was just a phantom buzz."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No problem. It happens." Kelly assures the dog.
"So, what shall we do now?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Torque shrugs as he honestly didn't know what to do. "Well..." he replied, "I don't know, to be honest..."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

---ONE MONTH LATER---

Precisely one week ago, the original captain of the Apollo City announced they were stepping down due to personal problems, an announcement that came as a shock to everyone, including the crew as they never expected the captain to step down like they did but the captain assured everyone on board he had his reason for doing so. The bigger surprise was the added announcement that a new captain had already been chosen and will be arriving within the week. While much information regarding the new captain was kept secret, word did soon leak out that they were originally part of the Navy and was captain of both the ONAV (Oceanic Naval Assault Vessel) Retribution and the Aurora Garden, a ship that was similar to the Apollo City though was a bit more on the expensive side. Like any leak, this lead to rumors that whoever this captain was, they were going to enact some major changes to the Apollo City that may make the ship more suited for those with deep pockets and lose what made the Apollo City the great ship it was. Whatever the case was, everyone was set to find out as the new captain was set to arrive today and most of the crew were preparing the welcoming party.

Torque, who had the day off from the K9 Rescue & Recovery Unit, was at the local theatre where the android Kelly worked to pass some time. It was a slow day there so he figured he stop in and chat with the owners. "Change of subjects, uh what do you think about this new captain that's taking over the Apollo City?" He then asked, changing the subject from last months talent contest, where he came in second place, "I personally find it odd we're getting someone from the Navy to take over, but who knows? What do you think?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly, wearing disposable nitrile gloves instead of her regular cotton ones to protect her fur from the chemicals, looks up from polishing the bannister.
"Well, it means we're getting someone used to the sea and who knows how to perform under pressure. I can think of stranger people to have running a ship."

"I think Kelly's right. It would be that or someone else who's sailed cruise ships for years. What sort of person were you expecting? Soda?" JD says, helping himself to a cola from behind the bar.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It was a matter that had occupied the security details as much as anyone else and Francis had had a number of discussions on the subject of the new Captain with Tegan for the last few days. He'd seen his father and his sister's family head off to help set up the new colony (and TV station) so he'd come to rely on her advice more. They'd been shifted to different teams as their relationship had become evident and now he was walking the decks on solo patrol, bidding 'good afternoon' to several of the people and ani-droids around him.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:Kelly, wearing disposable nitrile gloves instead of her regular cotton ones to protect her fur from the chemicals, looks up from polishing the bannister.
"Well, it means we're getting someone used to the sea and who knows how to perform under pressure. I can think of stranger people to have running a ship."

"I think Kelly's right. It would be that or someone else who's sailed cruise ships for years. What sort of person were you expecting? Soda?" JD says, helping himself to a cola from behind the bar.
"Yes please...if you have it, Vanilla Coke. Honestly, I wasn't really expecting a Navy personal to be our captain and someone more like captain. Then again, I know next to nothing about the ship they served on, the Aurora Garden, so for all we know, he may be a better captain." Torque admits before chuckling and joking, "Besides, it could've been worse. We could've had Captain Kangaroo take over."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"True." JD laughs, tossing a can to Torque.

"My database shows approximately three million eight hundred and forty thousand results on the subject of the Aurora Garden if you would like to know more information about her." Kelly offers helpfully, continuing to polish. "I also have approximately nine thousand four hundred results on our new captain, mostly news reports and unclassified documents from the navy. Assuming of course that the rumours are true and I have correctly extrapolated his identity."

Overhead the chandelier sways slightly as Todd replaces a burned out lightbulb and dusts the crystals with a cloth pulled from a satchel hung across his waist.

~~~~~~~~
Rounding a corner, heading nowhere in particular, Makani suddenly finds himself face to face with the ginger security guard.
"Oh, uh, ahah, sorry." he apologises as they do that awkward sideways-shuffling dance, his bell jingling merrily against his tag.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Torque grabs the can and opens it, "Yep!," he then laughs as he sips before looking back at Kelly, "Eh, I'll look up the Aurora Garden on my own sometime, thanks though! BUT...what do you have on the new captain?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, don't worry, sir," Francis replied, moving to one side and wondering if Makani would bring him up on calling him 'sir'. He'd attended a party or two with their parents back in the day but they'd never really met and, although Makani sort of stood out in a crowd, Francis thought he probably didn't...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

It was... strange to say the least. Avery usually was able to hear about any future events through the ongoing rumor mill, whether it was from the clinic's idle chit-chat, or her patients confiding a bit of information to her, but this. This was unexpected. Though the Eskimo dog was able to speak cordially from time to time with the captain from time to time before his departure, she was rebuffed at any attempt to know the reason for why he was leaving, simply stating that he didn't want to worry anyone about it...

Now a week had passed and a new mystery arose. The canine wasn't sure how no one was able to pin down who exactly this new captain was, he stayed enigmatic to even the staff, which was a pretty impressive feat to accomplish. And suddenly it was the day scheduled for his arrival, the mystery would finally be solved!

She was sitting in her office, gently drumming her fingers against her desk. Apparently they wanted her to do a mental assessment of the captain on the day he arrived, though she wasn't sure WHEN exactly that was. Tail wagging, Avery gets up off her chair, walking over to peek her head out the door. "Heya Mister Hodges, any word on the captain yet?" The dog asks, turning to look at her assistant

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SeanWolf wrote:Torque grabs the can and opens it, "Yep!," he then laughs as he sips before looking back at Kelly, "Eh, I'll look up the Aurora Garden on my own sometime, thanks though! BUT...what do you have on the new captain?"
"Assuming I have his correct identity: he's fought in two wars and distinguished himself with honour in both. In the navy both times he's quickly risen to the rank of Admiral. Famously, he captured an enemy submarine without losing any of his own crew and he became a hero when he was instrumental in rescuing the stricken cruise liner Blue Horizon, even putting his own life on the line to pull people from the water and personally fighting the flames. And he's achieved all this by the age of ten."

~~~~~~~~
"Makani's fine, thanks. Sir's my dad." the black cat grins.
"Say, you're Francis, aren't you? I've seen you around a bit but we never got to properly meet."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Indeed... Makani," Francis said, extending a hand. "I wondered if you'd recognise me, wearing this stuff." He gestured to his uniform. "How have you been finding the place?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Torque stood there in shock and amazement as he listened to Kelly, the can of soda just hovering above his lips. "S-s-s-seriously? If that is true, then dang...Apollo City is in good paws..." before he could continue what he wanted to say, an announcement came over the PA system, "ATTENTION APOLLO CITY: The new captain will be arriving in just a few minutes. Would all high ranking officials please report to the Main Entrance?" Torque looked over to Kelly and said, "Talk about timing. Find it odd they only want the high ranking ones but whatever...we finally get to meet this Navy Captain!" He sipped his soda before looking over at JD, "Say, when I was coming in, I noticed you guys are doing a classic movie night here tomorrow. Tell me, will you be showing the John Wayne classic McLintock?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I've been enjoying it! There's pretty much everything you could ever want here. Although it has been a bit quiet since we dropped Flash at Meriweather Island. How about you? ... I'm not keeping you from anything, by the way, am I? You are in uniform after all..."

~~~~~~~~
"I don't think we have that one, sorry. I was thinking more along the lines of "Singing In The Rain", "The Wizard of Oz", "The Sound of Music", things like that. Maybe a bit of Charlie Chaplin. "The Gold Rush" is quite good."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, no no," Francis scoffed, "this is mostly what I do. Walk around, being polite to people and helping out where needed." He chuckled. "Got spotted in a typically 'me' way. Discovered how not to show up on the security scans and introduced myself to one of the Ani-droids! I gave the info to security and got a job. It's... something, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

SeanWolf wrote:Torque stood there in shock and amazement as he listened to Kelly, the can of soda just hovering above his lips. "S-s-s-seriously? If that is true, then dang...Apollo City is in good paws..." before he could continue what he wanted to say, an announcement came over the PA system, "ATTENTION APOLLO CITY: The new captain will be arriving in just a few minutes. Would all high ranking officials please report to the Main Entrance?" Torque looked over to Kelly and said, "Talk about timing. Find it odd they only want the high ranking ones but whatever...we finally get to meet this Navy Captain!" He sipped his soda before looking over at JD, "Say, when I was coming in, I noticed you guys are doing a classic movie night here tomorrow. Tell me, will you be showing the John Wayne classic McLintock?"

"Speaking of..."
The canine ducked back inside to grab a clipboard and a stack of papers. "Guess I'll be headed over to the main entrance. Hold down the fort while I'm gone will ya?" Avery waved with her free hand before making her way steadily across the deck where...
Hlaoroo wrote:"I've been enjoying it! There's pretty much everything you could ever want here. Although it has been a bit quiet since we dropped Flash at Meriweather Island. How about you? ... I'm not keeping you from anything, by the way, am I? You are in uniform after all..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, no no," Francis scoffed, "this is mostly what I do. Walk around, being polite to people and helping out where needed." He chuckled. "Got spotted in a typically 'me' way. Discovered how not to show up on the security scans and introduced myself to one of the Ani-droids! I gave the info to security and got a job. It's... something, eh?"
... she saw a few familiar faces talking down the hallway. She smiles, hugging the clipboard to her chest as waves to them, coming to a stop.
"Heya fellas! You guys ready to meet the new captain today?"

Ref Ref!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Never was a fan of Wizard Of Oz," Torque replied, "But you can never go wrong with Charlie Chaplin. Any plans on maybe showing Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the crew waited by the main entrance, the doors suddenly slid open and out walked to Navy personal. Guardsmen, the way they were dressed, and each one took position at both ends of the doorway. Then, if as if on cue, the sound of heavy footsteps soon began to fill the air as, from the main entrance, a tall doberman came walking out. Some of the Apollo City crew gulped as soon as they laid eyes on the doberman for they began to think their fears about this new captain were true. Especially since he was dressed in a black-leather captain's jacket that almost reached down to the floor, complete with matching boots that had a silver buckle on them. The guard to the right of the doberman then spoke up loudly as he said, "Presenting! Captain Karlous Denver!" Karlous looked back at the two Guardsmen and nodded at them before returning his gaze to the presented crewmen, walking around and inspecting them quietly, each crew member holding their breath, worried about what the new captain was going to say next. As he inspected, he then stopped at a canine who, much to the crews fright, was sporting a bit of a smile and holding a clipboard. The crew was now worried what the captain was going to say and do to the canine. Karlous then, much to the crews horror then surprise, smiled and spoke, his deep voice coming as a even bigger surprise for the crew, to the canine, asking, "Are you Avery Johansson, the one who's been assigned to give me a tour of this wonderful ship?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We're saving that one for the second movie night, assuming this one goes as well as we hope." Kelly answers Torque.
"You know, I was thinking we could use the band or even the organ to provide the music for Charlie Chaplain instead of using the actual soundtrack. Could be a bit of fun! What do you think, Torque?" JD asks.

~~~~~~~~
"Sounds better than my job. I just have to sit quietly and look good for the camera while my parents talk. It's tiring." Makani says drily.
Roarin wrote:"Heya fellas! You guys ready to meet the new captain today?"
"Hey, Avery! Nah, I wasn't invited. I'm not high-ranking enough. I'm a businesspet, not a states..." the cat trails off in awe as the new captain approaches.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Francis mocked gently, putting an arm around the back of his own head in a mock pose, "the perils of being a model, eh?" he relaxed the pose. "You've never had to make a camera work hard. It's the peril of being Children of Wealth, no-one sees us. Liked the poetry book, by the way."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery quickly turned to meet the new face, surprise only registering for a half a second before a smile replaced it.
"Oh! A tour? I was under the impression I would doing a simple pysch review, but I'd be happy to show you around as well Mister Captain!" Her tail wagged fiercely from left to right before she turned to the others. "Oh! I almost forgot, this is Makani Montgomery, and this is Francis Devon. Both are guests on this shi..." She trailed off for a moment as she noticed Francis's uniform. "Both are occupants of this ship!" She ammended, turning to them. "Would you guys like to accompany me and the captain? It might help having more than one guide, since I'm no so familiar with particular sections of the ship as you guys might be!"

Ref Ref!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Always advisable to have security and a social poet on a getting to know you, tour, er, sir," Francis said, suddenly remembering that, although he was an 'unconventional' security Officer, there were some protocol conventions Captain's liked followed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, I'm not a model, Francis, just a mascot, but I'm glad you like my poetry. I'd be honoured to accompany you, Avery," Makani says with a gallant bow, "So long as the Captain has no objections, of course."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"No objections here, Makani," Karlous smiled before turning to the two guards behind him, "Oh, before I forget, I want you two to see where my quarters are and bring my belongings to it." The two guardsmen nodded and, with a salute, turned around and got to work. Karlous, in the meantime, turned back to the trio and said, "Now before we begin, I do understand that there is probably a certain path you take when giving a tour. However, I want to see the Entertainment first as I've heard some amazing and wonderful things about it."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I like that idea!" Torque replies to JD, "Now I'm really looking forward to watching the classics!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Speaking of the organ, lemme show you something we've been working on. I think you'll like it. Todd, let's show Torque the Tchaikovsky. Ready the sound effects, please."
"Sure. Full show or practise mode?"
"Practise mode for now. It'll give him the idea. We'll go from the beginning of the finale."
"No problem!" Todd zips away to the sound and lighting booth as JD leads Torque back into the theatre.
"Have a seat, Torque. And hold on to your metaphorical hat!" JD invites, indicating the stalls before seating himself at the organ console. At a nod from JD, Todd dims the house lights so that the organist is lit by a spotlight.
A moment later, he begins playing an instantly recognisable tune.
Baddadada bum bum bum bum BUUUUM bum buuum!
Expertly, he makes the organ sing, building swiftly to a grand crescendo and then...
BOOM! roars a cannon just off stage, blasting smoke across behind the console, synchronised with a great flash of light.
BOOM! it roars again, and again, thundering along with the organ, with more flashes of light, the smell of gunpowder filling the air. Chimes and a choir join in the ruckus from the speakers around the theatre.
BOOM! comes one final explosion as the piece reaches its end and then Todd brings the lights back up as JD powers down the console again.

"What did you think?" he asks with a hopeful grin.

~~~~~~~~
"To be honest, sir, I've never actually given a tour myself. Been on plenty but never had the pleasure of leading one.The theatre is a great choice though! It's one of the coolest theatres I've ever seen!" Makani grins.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, the troupe is one of the much better ones," Francis advised, relaxing slightly, "and I have to say, as someone practically raised by anidroids, the ones I've found here are amongst the friendliest and most efficient, even if people don't compliment them enough."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Oh yes! Kelly and Todd, you have to meet them if you get the chance! And to go along with entertainment, we have quite the virtual reality environment set up if you're ever interesting in playing any of those types of games. I was introduced to them on my first day here and I must say they are quite immersive." Avery quipped, slowly walking the group along.

Ref Ref!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot" Torque quipped, still in awe at the show, before chuckling, "Sorry 'bout that, I guess I got entranced in the whole show. I gotta say, that was impressive!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Virtual reality?" Karlous replied, an eyebrow raised, "Interesting. I've heard many wonderful things about VR so I would be interested in possibly checking it out sometime. I also would very much love to meet Kelly and Todd if time permits so, without further ado, lead the way, Avery!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, it's okay. I'm glad you liked it." JD smiles, swinging his long legs over the organ stool and crossing back over to Torque. Seating himself beside the dog, he holds up his hands to frame the stage.
"But that was only half the show. Imagine it with a full orchestra in the pit, a choir down the back, four cannons, two in that box, two in that one, and a peal of bells swinging overhead." He pauses, dropping his hands and shrugging.
"It's gonna be part of a musical spectacular. I gotta think of a snappy name for it though. And maybe a bit of theming. You're a showdog. Any ideas?"

~~~~~~~~
Tactfully, Makani steps to the side and gestures for Avery to lead the way. He remains repectfully quiet, not having been addressed, and discreetly grooms his whiskers, content to fall in line behind the captain.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters