HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:It would normally be a good assumption to make, that the neck would house a weakness in his armor. And indeed, it does to an extent. However, if it were completely undefended, Pascal would not have survived as long as he has. Under the skin in his neck were a series of small armored scale-like plates, with some larger layered plates over the more vital areas like his throat and arteries. This did slightly restrict the mobility of his neck, but not being able to touch your ear to your shoulder was a small price to pay for the protection those shells provided.
Pascal planted his foot on the dog's lower jaw and his free hand on the dog's upper one. He pushed and pried the dog's mouth open, feeling the relief of the teeth leaving his neck. He rested the upper jaw on a part of his head that was already scarred so it wouldn't be a major loss if the skin was damaged. The thing about vise gripping something as small as Pascal's arm is that the object you use to hold it in place cannot have any sort of give in it's material. Even a small amount of flexibility and the grip will not be solid enough to securely trap his arm. Muscle, fat, skin, and fur all has a bit of give to it, and Pascal was able to pry his arm free from the hold without too much trouble. He took his spool of fishing line and looped it around the dog's open mouth, tying it into a slipknot at the end. "You want a rat lunch?" He said, prying the jaws open further. This is a REALLY stupid idea, Pascal... "Well then, CHOKE ON IT!" With that, Pascal dove straight at the dog's throat. The rat pulled on the string, tightening the slipknot and slamming the jaws shut behind him to make it more difficult for the dog to remove him.
Pascal was far too large for the dog to swallow (though in case he miscalculated on that, he also tied himself to one of the dog's molars), far too tough to chew, too heavy to cough up, and now he was shoehorned right over the dog's windpipe where the dog couldn't grab him from as long as the line was holding his mouth shut. All Pascal had to do was wait for the dog to run out of air. If the dog managed to get the knot off and reach for him, he would be prepared. He started tying the fishing line to the dog's teeth, forming a web of thin, tough string crisscrossing the inside of the mouth. Even if the dog removed the fishing line keeping his mouth shut, if he tried reaching in to dislodge Pascal, his hand would meet a net wall of fishing line instead. It would take time to remove the net, and with Pascal blocking his airway, time was something the dog didn't have.
Yep... stupid idea. Pascal thought to himself as he wiped saliva from his eyes and held his nose to keep the dog's breath from rendering him without a sense of smell. "I'd say you've got about a minute until you're drooling on the floor and I claim victory. Or you could surrender! Either will work."
In answer, the second dog grabbed his pal's snout, making sure it was closed even tighter... And started insufflating through it. "Basic anatomy, dear. We can still be breathed in through nose only, if necessary!"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ooh, you're shy?" Makani teases playfully. "Or are you just chicken?"
"Umm..." the snow leopard put a hand beside his head. "Ahr...I tried to go and sing in a juvenile contest, once, but it ended up in a spectacular fail, and...I still get the cold everything when i must perform for a public. I mean, in a cooking show it's just me and the food, I must do my best against myself to make the ingredients work, there is no public for what I am concerned. But...*addressing* the public? No. Oh, not that, never that. Singing, playing, whatever, ah-ah..." his ears were again flicking nervously and his irises had actually contracted.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I could stand to learn a few hacks," Francis mused happily.
---------------------
"What did you have in mind exactly,"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Pascal responds to the other dog by shoving his leg into the opening of the trachea like a cork. It doesn't matter if he breaths through the mouth or nose. If that's blocked, nothing will make it to the lungs.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:The young man blushed and showed an embarrassed smile. "Ah, Mr. Hodges will do, Sir, thank you, but...yes a therapy droid can be summoned at any time from the medical facilities. They are supposed to be used for children and long-stay patients. Do you have a favorite species appearance, or will a random choice do?"
"Hmm, I'd say its best to bring something she's most familiar with... maybe a dog or a cat? Though another German Shepherd would be perfect if those are available. Yes yes! And if she prefers something else than I'm sure we could change it up."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I could stand to learn a few hacks," Francis mused happily.
Tegan chuckled. "get ready to enjoy the experience, then. After that, they'll have to use the flash thingy on us. if we'll be lucky, they won't convince us to go vegan."
---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"What did you have in mind exactly,"
"Well, living in the street makes one fur...stronger. You ain't a decent stray if you can't outrun the cops, jump higher, fight dirtier...you know.
"So, instead of getting lazy, we could organize some sport event for charity. On TV. To show people we're not some 'pest' waiting to be adopted or else. That we have talents. And if they won't take it seriously, at least we have tried, eh?"
---
CyberDragon wrote:Pascal responds to the other dog by shoving his leg into the opening of the trachea like a cork. It doesn't matter if he breaths through the mouth or nose. If that's blocked, nothing will make it to the lungs.
An instant later, a series of snipping sounds reached the rat's ears, before the mouth was opened and a scaly hand extracted him from that mess.
"Okay, you guys proved you are tough and ready to go all the way, bravi!" said Asur. "Now, enough. You'll have time to kill each other in private, if you really want to. For now, let's call it a truce, eh? My counterpart is needed in some experiment and I fear it involves me as well." Still holding Pascal in his hand, the saurian anidroid addressed beta. "Yo! What was your science specialty, again?"
---
Roarin wrote:"Hmm, I'd say its best to bring something she's most familiar with... maybe a dog or a cat? Though another German Shepherd would be perfect if those are available. Yes yes! And if she prefers something else than I'm sure we could change it up."
Hodges was about to leave the room, before Asaka blurted. "Puppy! One that looks like a puppy, please!" then she looked at her therapist, embarrassed. "..Sorry, that was a bit rude of me."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Pascal dangled from Asur's hand. He was dripping with dog saliva and smelled absolutely horrible. He felt like he needed to wash up badly before he did anything else. "Aw, I wasn't gonna kill him. I'd have removed my foot from his windpipe the moment he passed out on the floor. Not like I broke his trachea. But fine, truce." he said.

In response to Asur's question, Beta replied, "I'm a biologist, but mostly I handle botany and medical research. Why?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SeanWolf wrote:A huge smile crosses Torque face as soon they were done, "That was pretty good! heh Sorry for not joining in on the dancing but...well I had an accident some time ago in regards to dancing and my arm and I don't want to have a repeat performance."
"Ah, no problem. You know, if you wanted I could get you some lessons. No charge for you, of course. In fact, we could consider it part of your rehearsals and I could pay you for it. Your call. You picked up on the tune and the words really quickly though. Did you know it already?"

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:"Umm..." the snow leopard put a hand beside his head. "Ahr...I tried to go and sing in a juvenile contest, once, but it ended up in a spectacular fail, and...I still get the cold everything when i must perform for a public. I mean, in a cooking show it's just me and the food, I must do my best against myself to make the ingredients work, there is no public for what I am concerned. But...*addressing* the public? No. Oh, not that, never that. Singing, playing, whatever, ah-ah..." his ears were again flicking nervously and his irises had actually contracted.
"Heh, all right, all right, I get it. Relax, I totally get it. It's not for everyone." Makani pats Flash's paw encouragingly, ignoring the fact that the claws are easily as long as his fingers and the pad of the palm could easily cover his face. Having grown up as the high profile pet of successful businesspeople, Makani is well accustomed to the discerning eye of the public and isn't phased in the slightest by being on camera or in front of a crowd. He certainly knows of stage fright though, having friends that work in the performing arts.
"You know, I do know some people who could help with those nerves if you want." he offers.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, no problem. You know, if you wanted I could get you some lessons. No charge for you, of course. In fact, we could consider it part of your rehearsals and I could pay you for it. Your call. You picked up on the tune and the words really quickly though. Did you know it already?"
Torque smiled and replied "Nah, that's fine, though I might take you up on that offer sometime down the road. As for your second question...man I'm gonna make myself old here...WAY back when I was a lil' pup, I actually did that song with some friends for a talent show. We took home Second Place but we were considered the highlight of the night."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:Hodges was about to leave the room, before Asaka blurted. "Puppy! One that looks like a puppy, please!" then she looked at her therapist, embarrassed. "..Sorry, that was a bit rude of me."
"A puppy it is then!" Avery smirked, sharing a glance with Hodges before he left the room. "Don't worry about it, the more comfortable you feel around the droid, the better."

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:Pascal dangled from Asur's hand. He was dripping with dog saliva and smelled absolutely horrible. He felt like he needed to wash up badly before he did anything else. "Aw, I wasn't gonna kill him. I'd have removed my foot from his windpipe the moment he passed out on the floor. Not like I broke his trachea. But fine, truce." he said.

In response to Asur's question, Beta replied, "I'm a biologist, but mostly I handle botany and medical research. Why?"
Asur nodded. "Then you may be useful. I got an idea, but we need to talk about that in the simulator. And you mutts, take the rest the day off. Dismissed. Hi-Ho, let's go, and this means you two secret agents kittens" he walked toward the exit, followed by Jemmy.
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh, all right, all right, I get it. Relax, I totally get it. It's not for everyone." Makani pats Flash's paw encouragingly, ignoring the fact that the claws are easily as long as his fingers and the pad of the palm could easily cover his face. Having grown up as the high profile pet of successful businesspeople, Makani is well accustomed to the discerning eye of the public and isn't phased in the slightest by being on camera or in front of a crowd. He certainly knows of stage fright though, having friends that work in the performing arts.
"You know, I do know some people who could help with those nerves if you want." he offers.
"You do know miracle workers? I could give it a try, if you think they're good." heh.
---
Roarin wrote:"A puppy it is then!" Avery smirked, sharing a glance with Hodges before he left the room. "Don't worry about it, the more comfortable you feel around the droid, the better."
Once they were again alone, she sighed. "There was this cute pie, and I can't even remember her name. She was so...so helpless, it was the first time someone depended on me and I'd feel, dunno, happy, motherly, and she would just be there to make me feel better..." Asaka sat down. "Ranting again, eh?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"A vegan diet," Francis gurned, poking his tongue out at the thought, "that's distasteful. Is that even allowed?"
-----------------------
"We'll have to have a word with the leisure-time administrators but I don't think there'd be too much of a sales problem." He grinned. "It might even work as a sales promotion for the ship!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Beta sighed and stood up. "I've got a bad feeling about this." he said. Yet, despite his gut instinct that was telling him to take Pascal and run away, he followed Asur anyway.
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:Once they were again alone, she sighed. "There was this cute pie, and I can't even remember her name. She was so...so helpless, it was the first time someone depended on me and I'd feel, dunno, happy, motherly, and she would just be there to make me feel better..." Asaka sat down. "Ranting again, eh?"
"No no! That is quite an understandable feeling. When I was a little pup before I started my formal training my handlers gave me this tiny flower pot with seeds in it. They told me I had to water and talk to it so it'd grow! I felt really proud when it finally bloomed. There's probably some really embarrassing pictures of me somewhere on a cellphone...

But anyways, I don't really take care of many plants anymore, but I get that sense when I help my patients. And I can understand how some dependence can help in times when you don't feel like you have much control over your own situation."

Avery took a seat next to Asuka, making sure to keep a comfortable distance between them. "Is pups something you think about having in your future?"

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"A vegan diet," Francis gurned, poking his tongue out at the thought, "that's distasteful. Is that even allowed?"
"I guess they allow it only in the privacy of their rooms," Tegan suggested.
-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We'll have to have a word with the leisure-time administrators but I don't think there'd be too much of a sales problem." He grinned. "It might even work as a sales promotion for the ship!"
"That's the spirit! I heard they want to turn some of these animals in security force, but I'd rather see them living a more carefree life once they're on Meriweather."
---
CyberDragon wrote:Beta sighed and stood up. "I've got a bad feeling about this." he said. Yet, despite his gut instinct that was telling him to take Pascal and run away, he followed Asur anyway.
"I think I understand what Asur's plan is, Beta," Jemmy said. "Do you have access to the GreeNeural Project?"
---
Roarin wrote:"No no! That is quite an understandable feeling. When I was a little pup before I started my formal training my handlers gave me this tiny flower pot with seeds in it. They told me I had to water and talk to it so it'd grow! I felt really proud when it finally bloomed. There's probably some really embarrassing pictures of me somewhere on a cellphone...
But anyways, I don't really take care of many plants anymore, but I get that sense when I help my patients. And I can understand how some dependence can help in times when you don't feel like you have much control over your own situation."

Avery took a seat next to Asuka, making sure to keep a comfortable distance between them. "Is pups something you think about having in your future?"
Asuka looked uncertain. "Um, I don't really know. I mean...Yes, I'd like to be motherly again...but it means...ah..." she blushed, she definitely blushed up to her eartips. "Ah...you know...eh?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I'm afraid not." Beta said, following along. "I haven't heard of it. Would you mind explaining?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SeanWolf wrote:Torque smiled and replied "Nah, that's fine, though I might take you up on that offer sometime down the road. As for your second question...man I'm gonna make myself old here...WAY back when I was a lil' pup, I actually did that song with some friends for a talent show. We took home Second Place but we were considered the highlight of the night."
"Ah, you cheated then." JD teases gently.
"Well, I'm happy. Unless you have any more questions for me we can work out a rehearsal schedule for you. The first show is the day after tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~
"Well, I don't know about miracle workers. But they are seasoned show-people and public speakers. Only if you want to though. Wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, you cheated then." JD teases gently.
"Well, I'm happy. Unless you have any more questions for me we can work out a rehearsal schedule for you. The first show is the day after tomorrow."
"Oh ha ha" Torgue laughed, "Anywho, no more questions from me that I can think of."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:Asuka looked uncertain. "Um, I don't really know. I mean...Yes, I'd like to be motherly again...but it means...ah..." she blushed, she definitely blushed up to her eartips. "Ah...you know...eh?"
"Yes?" Avery returned the question with her own, carrying an expression of someone who might possibly not know what the GSD was talking about. Her confuzzled look was quickly replaced by one of concern as the canine noticed the flush nature of Asuka face and ears. "Are you alright? You're not suffering from any physical ailments are you? I could call in a doctor if you're feeling unwell." She reached out to gently place a paw on Asuka's forehead

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:"I'm afraid not." Beta said, following along. "I haven't heard of it. Would you mind explaining?"
"A new type of bioneural communication net," Jemmy interceded. "Use specifically geneingeered plants's roots and pheromones to create a rudimental but efficient surveillance system. Plants are more discreet than cameras and are not subjected to short-circuits and reprogramming. I am pretty sure that it is a derivative project that allowed your making."
"He's not trying to offend you, just in case you wondered," Asur said.
---
Roarin wrote:"Yes?" Avery returned the question with her own, carrying an expression of someone who might possibly not know what the GSD was talking about. Her confuzzled look was quickly replaced by one of concern as the canine noticed the flush nature of Asuka face and ears. "Are you alright? You're not suffering from any physical ailments are you? I could call in a doctor if you're feeling unwell." She reached out to gently place a paw on Asuka's forehead
Poor Asuka couln't blush harder even if she tried. "Please, I mean...oh DOG! You know? Birds & bees? Up & down? Jolly in bed? THAT thing!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not for me, thanks," Francis said, smiling slightly. "We'd probably better head on?"
-----------------------
"We could even promote it FOR Security, hmm?" Malcolm mused, "Think on it. Who'd want to find out the best and fittest guys on the ship? Sports teams to represent the new nation for one and security for another. We might even find a way to get the best ones sponsored if they choose it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We could even promote it FOR Security, hmm?" Malcolm mused, "Think on it. Who'd want to find out the best and fittest guys on the ship? Sports teams to represent the new nation for one and security for another. We might even find a way to get the best ones sponsored if they choose it?"
"I like your thinking, big ape. There's hope for you after all!"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, I don't know about miracle workers. But they are seasoned show-people and public speakers. Only if you want to though. Wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable."
"Well..." Flash scratched his head. "Whyyyy not. I mean, you wouldn't try and make fun of me, so..."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:Poor Asuka couln't blush harder even if she tried. "Please, I mean...oh DOG! You know? Birds & bees? Up & down? Jolly in bed? THAT thing!"
'Ah! Yes of course!" The canine's ears flicked once as an expression of recognition and embarrassment appeared on her muzzle. "I must apologize for my oversight." Avery conked the side of her own head. "I was thinking along the lines of care-giving in general though I can see where I made my mistake." Avery took a moment to take a small notepad out of her collar and scribble down a few personal notes before looking back at the GSD.

"Blunders and intimate activities aside, I do hope that after all this is done you can start thinking about things like pups and finding a mate. Or if that's something you're not interested in, finding something that makes you happy."

Ref Ref!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:"A new type of bioneural communication net," Jemmy interceded. "Use specifically geneingeered plants's roots and pheromones to create a rudimental but efficient surveillance system. Plants are more discreet than cameras and are not subjected to short-circuits and reprogramming. I am pretty sure that it is a derivative project that allowed your making."
"He's not trying to offend you, just in case you wondered," Asur said.
"I'm not as easily offended as you might think." Beta said. "So what does this have to do with Asur's plan? Heck, what is Asur's plan?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

After comparing their diaries and extracting a promise that he'll come back for rehearsals, JD excuses himself to tend to other matters.
"Have you had breakfast yet, Torque? If not there are several restaurants in the vicinity I can recommend." Kelly enquires once the human is gone.

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:"Well..." Flash scratched his head. "Whyyyy not. I mean, you wouldn't try and make fun of me, so..."
"I mean, I might. I'm a horrid person after all." Makani jokes with a straight face.
"But yeah, if it's something you want to do then it's as good as done." he continues as the waiter arrives with his second cup of not-coffee.
"Cheers, mate." he says, accepting the drink.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

[quote="Hlaoroo"]After comparing their diaries and extracting a promise that he'll come back for rehearsals, JD excuses himself to tend to other matters.
"Have you had breakfast yet, Torque? If not there are several restaurants in the vicinity I can recommend." Kelly enquires once the human is gone.

"Well, thank you! I am a bit hungry as all I had was just a burger and some tea earlier!" Torque responds.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:'Ah! Yes of course!" The canine's ears flicked once as an expression of recognition and embarrassment appeared on her muzzle. "I must apologize for my oversight." Avery conked the side of her own head. "I was thinking along the lines of care-giving in general though I can see where I made my mistake." Avery took a moment to take a small notepad out of her collar and scribble down a few personal notes before looking back at the GSD.
"Blunders and intimate activities aside, I do hope that after all this is done you can start thinking about things like pups and finding a mate. Or if that's something you're not interested in, finding something that makes you happy."
She sighed. "It's like being split in two. When i see a puppy I feel like running to the first male available and sire a litter of dozen! But then...what they did to me kicks in and...I feel ashamed only for thinking about *that*. Humans can't let us decide about adoption, so that's why i accepted to join this transference: perhaps, once I am a Meriweather citizen, I'll be able to choose for myself."
---
CyberDragon wrote:"I'm not as easily offended as you might think." Beta said. "So what does this have to do with Asur's plan? Heck, what is Asur's plan?"
"The plan is to make sure Jemmy and I have a discreet backup surveillance system. Someone who worked on us knows the keyword that will turn us into nice puppets. Jemmy alone is worth billions in hi-tech and information. We must know who can robotnap us."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:
valerio wrote:"Well..." Flash scratched his head. "Whyyyy not. I mean, you wouldn't try and make fun of me, so..."
"I mean, I might. I'm a horrid person after all." Makani jokes with a straight face.
"But yeah, if it's something you want to do then it's as good as done." he continues as the waiter arrives with his second cup of not-coffee.
"Cheers, mate." he says, accepting the drink.
...but Flash wasn't there anymore!
Instead, a trembling voice came from under the table. "I stopped listening to 'I might'! BAD kitty, don't do that again!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, then. What would you like for brunch? Have you a favourite style of cuisine or any dietary requirements other than ordinary canine?" Kelly asks.Not being a medical or catering droid, she cannot access the files on Torque's health conditions or dietary requirements as these are considered sensitive data.

~~~~~~~~
"Heh, sorry, Flash. Don't worry, I won't. And- oh, look. Your omelette is here." Makani says as the waiter places a GIANT dish in front of Flash's seat.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, then. What would you like for brunch? Have you a favourite style of cuisine or any dietary requirements other than ordinary canine?" Kelly asks.Not being a medical or catering droid, she cannot access the files on Torque's health conditions or dietary requirements as these are considered sensitive data.
"Well...be a bit silly this time of day...but I'm kinda in the mood for sea food. Been craving shrimp and fish sticks for a couple days now." Torque responds, his stomach now growling after the mentioning of food, which he holds and replies "Sorry about that hehe I guess I am getting hungry!"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"And you want to use this biological network to do that? I suppose it would be more discreet, but how would you use it for surveillance?" Beta asked. "I wouldn't think you'd be compatible with a biological plant-based network."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh, sorry, Flash. Don't worry, I won't. And- oh, look. Your omelette is here." Makani says as the waiter places a GIANT dish in front of Flash's seat.
Flash popped out from under his hideout. As he had just done before, he lifted the plate and 'drank' down the food, munching it just the minimum before swallowing. He cleared his mouth with the napkin and then said. "I know, it seems strange that I can be so shy, after saying I'd love to work in a cooking show...but, well, I can't see the public, there. It's just the studio, cameras and monitors. Sometimes I think I'm even too shy to look at emails from fans."
---
CyberDragon wrote:"And you want to use this biological network to do that? I suppose it would be more discreet, but how would you use it for surveillance?" Beta asked. "I wouldn't think you'd be compatible with a biological plant-based network."
Asur grinned impishly at the tiger. "Oh, but *you* would be, right, salad kitty? Not to mention that no one could suspect about *you* being our eye in the sky.""
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Makani's eyes go wide as the food vanishes.
"Where are you fitting all that?" he exclaims, "That's the equivalent of TWO FLIPPING DOZEN chicken eggs!"
He smiles at the bigger cat once he's recovered.
"Ah, I'm sure you'll be great in front of a camera. The great thing about cameras is that as long as it's not live then it doesn't matter if you make a mistake because you can do it all oer again and they can fix it in editing."

~~~~~~~~
"Then we'd best hurry! I know the perfect place!"
Leaving Todd behind to fix an overheating light, Kelly leads the dog out the door and down a couple of blocks to where a traditional British fish and chip (fries) van is selling its wares beside a small park containing a few plants, a green lawn, several wooden benches and a pleasantly tinkling fountain. The menu, which includes battered and fried shrimp and fish sticks as well as several varieties of fish fillets and all the chips (fries) one could eat, is affixed to the side of the van and emblazoned with a stylised waterfowl holding a bucket of chips (fries). Delicious smells, undetectable to Kelly, are wafting through the air, seemingly fanned by the soft sizzling sounds emanating from somewhere inside the van. A selection of sauces, salts, pepper and vinegar are available free of charge on a box beside the window for customers to use at their pleasure and a line of cans atop the bain-marie showcases the drink selection.
"Welcome to Fryer Duck's, the best traditional chippy this side of the Thames!" the ferret droid smiles, gesturing with a bow for Torque to approach.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Are we ready to go," Francis asked Tegan.
---------------
"I suppose a delegation should go see the ship's leisure manager," Malcolm said, thinking about standing up. "Anyone know where they are?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Then we'd best hurry! I know the perfect place!"
Leaving Todd behind to fix an overheating light, Kelly leads the dog out the door and down a couple of blocks to where a traditional British fish and chip (fries) van is selling its wares beside a small park containing a few plants, a green lawn, several wooden benches and a pleasantly tinkling fountain. The menu, which includes battered and fried shrimp and fish sticks as well as several varieties of fish fillets and all the chips (fries) one could eat, is affixed to the side of the van and emblazoned with a stylised waterfowl holding a bucket of chips (fries). Delicious smells, undetectable to Kelly, are wafting through the air, seemingly fanned by the soft sizzling sounds emanating from somewhere inside the van. A selection of sauces, salts, pepper and vinegar are available free of charge on a box beside the window for customers to use at their pleasure and a line of cans atop the bain-marie showcases the drink selection.
"Welcome to Fryer Duck's, the best traditional chippy this side of the Thames!" the ferret droid smiles, gesturing with a bow for Torque to approach.
"Mmm!" Torque exclaims "Smells REALLY good here!"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:Asur grinned impishly at the tiger. "Oh, but *you* would be, right, salad kitty? Not to mention that no one could suspect about *you* being our eye in the sky.""
"Oh no! No no no no no!" Beta said, backing up. "I am not going along with anything else until you explain exactly what the plan is, no detail left out."
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:She sighed. "It's like being split in two. When i see a puppy I feel like running to the first male available and sire a litter of dozen! But then...what they did to me kicks in and...I feel ashamed only for thinking about *that*. Humans can't let us decide about adoption, so that's why i accepted to join this transference: perhaps, once I am a Meriweather citizen, I'll be able to choose for myself."
"I can understand how that can be a problem... especially when you're torn between two such visceral emotions." Avery leaned back against the couch, "I certainly can't promise what we do here will rid you of those feelings whenever they may arise, but it certainly will help you cope and deal with them. And hopefully by the time you get to Meriweather you can live as freely as you please. If I remember correctly... the island had quite the population of shepherds such as yourself." The canine smirks as she gets up. "Also amazing weather. Sounds like quite the paradise!" Avery opened the door and poked her head out, wondering if the puppy droid is arriving anytime soon.

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Makani's eyes go wide as the food vanishes.
"Where are you fitting all that?" he exclaims, "That's the equivalent of TWO FLIPPING DOZEN chicken eggs!"
He smiles at the bigger cat once he's recovered.
"Ah, I'm sure you'll be great in front of a camera. The great thing about cameras is that as long as it's not live then it doesn't matter if you make a mistake because you can do it all oer again and they can fix it in editing."
"I burn fast. *BURRP* Sorry. I want to try with something live. Humans don't think that an animal could become a chef, and I want to prove them that I can serve my guests Appetizers to Dessert. Have you ever watched that show? "The Iron Serving?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Are we ready to go," Francis asked Tegan.
"I guess we are. Funny, I never thought we'd be immersed in a spy story so soon. How does that make you feel?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I suppose a delegation should go see the ship's leisure manager," Malcolm said, thinking about standing up. "Anyone know where they are?"
The St. Bernard shrugged. "Easy as pie, boss. Ship, can you please locate the leisure manager's current position?"
Her watch screen showed the answer. "Deck D, Office Area 2, Office 50. Would you like to get in touch with the General Manager or another Department Manager?"
---
CyberDragon wrote:"Oh no! No no no no no!" Beta said, backing up. "I am not going along with anything else until you explain exactly what the plan is, no detail left out."
Asur sighed, shoulders dropping. Aw, c'MON! Where's the trust? Where's the friendship?!
Anyway, the idea is that we can get some private room to run a simulation or two. We need to literally install a vegetable surveillance network and give you the control, so that, should the normal surv net be compromised, you would tell us what you need about Jemmy's whereabouts. Clear enough? I don't want to catnap you again to explain it in private."

---
Roarin wrote:"I can understand how that can be a problem... especially when you're torn between two such visceral emotions." Avery leaned back against the couch, "I certainly can't promise what we do here will rid you of those feelings whenever they may arise, but it certainly will help you cope and deal with them. And hopefully by the time you get to Meriweather you can live as freely as you please. If I remember correctly... the island had quite the population of shepherds such as yourself." The canine smirks as she gets up. "Also amazing weather. Sounds like quite the paradise!" Avery opened the door and poked her head out, wondering if the puppy droid is arriving anytime soon.
"In life, I learnt there is no such thing as paradise, but I guess can make do with the next*" at that moment, the door opened a crack. And the *cutest* mixed breed puppy, one floppy ear, vanilla-white with one heart-shaped spot on his left eye, peeked in. "I'm sorry, I*ACK!*" A moment later he was scooped up like a doll!
The female had all but forgotten about her own neuroses and was almost cuddling to death the poor thing. "Aww, my little orphan Petey, mama is going to protecc you from aaaal harm..."
"...help..."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:Asur sighed, shoulders dropping. Aw, c'MON! Where's the trust? Where's the friendship?!"
"I'm not going to grace that with an answer." Beta growled while scowling at the droid.
valerio wrote:Anyway, the idea is that we can get some private room to run a simulation or two. We need to literally install a vegetable surveillance network and give you the control, so that, should the normal surv net be compromised, you would tell us what you need about Jemmy's whereabouts. Clear enough? I don't want to catnap you again to explain it in private."
"So..." Beta said, thinking. "Just to be clear, you need the botanist side of me, not the botany side of me right? You just need my help because I have the knowledge of plant biology needed to understand the network, and you are NOT trying to make me a physical node in that network? In other words, you are NOT trying to assimilate me into the vegetable version of the Borg and just need me to watch the network?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I am glad but I shall have to take your word for it. Kelly smiles. "I am not equipped with olfactory sensors. I do have a carbon monoxide detector, as do most droids, but it is not quite the same thing. But please, do not let me prevent you from ordering. I know you are hungry."

~~~~~~~~
"Personally I think animals can do anything a human can." Makani opines, "And yeah, that's that Chinese one, isn't it?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I am glad but I shall have to take your word for it. Kelly smiles. "I am not equipped with olfactory sensors. I do have a carbon monoxide detector, as do most droids, but it is not quite the same thing. But please, do not let me prevent you from ordering. I know you are hungry."
Torque chuckles as he walks up to place his order, in this case was battered shrimp and fries (chips). As he waited, he turned to Kelly and quipped "You know something? I never actually ordered from a food van before so this is a new experience in a way"
valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:"So..." Beta said, thinking. "Just to be clear, you need the botanist side of me, not the botany side of me right? You just need my help because I have the knowledge of plant biology needed to understand the network, and you are NOT trying to make me a physical node in that network? In other words, you are NOT trying to assimilate me into the vegetable version of the Borg and just need me to watch the network?"
It was Jemmy who answered, in that calm and professional way of his. "Yes to the first step. And no for the second: the 'botany side of you' as you called it, will be crucial for you to become our eyes and ears. We do not need you to become...assimilated. But we need you to be the first release of a bioterminal. As it is, the technology is not fully developed yet, and for the duration of this temporary crisis we need your assistance in this matter. Of course, you are free to refuse if it makes you feel too uneasy. This ship is the most advanced technology laboratory of the world, there are plenty of solutions to experiment with."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Personally I think animals can do anything a human can." Makani opines, "And yeah, that's that Chinese one, isn't it?"
Flash beamed at that answer! "Ahh, you do know your entertainment! Yes, that one. And by the way, it was scandalous that people actually believed they served dog and cat meat during the show, the nerve!
"Anyway: yes, I want to start big! I am using this ship as training ground and when I'm home in Nepal I will go to Beijing and show a billion-worth audience that I can cook and serve 20 people no-stop! Would you watch that? Pleeeease?" he grinned, leaning his head toward Makani