HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis followed along with friends and superiors, finding himself looking down corridors and alleyways as he did so, just like a real security guard. He kept alert as best he could and listened to very.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Yes sir!" Avery gives the captain a salute before enthusiastically marching forwards, leading the small train of four that had formed.

"So, how was the trip over sir? Hope everything went smoothly? You know you've stirred up quite the commotion around here." The canine tilted her head back, slowly making her way towards the entertainment section of the deck. She hadn't been there much herself, but she's heard many amazing stories. A movie theater with an all you can eat buffet, stage-shows, and even a water park...
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Roarin wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:22 am"So, how was the trip over sir? Hope everything went smoothly? You know you've stirred up quite the commotion around here." The canine tilted her head back, slowly making her way towards the entertainment section of the deck. She hadn't been there much herself, but she's heard many amazing stories. A movie theater with an all you can eat buffet, stage-shows, and even a water park...
"The trip was fine. Had a bit of a delay at port due to engine troubles but, otherwise, it was smooth sailing, no pun intended," Karlous replied, looking around at what Apollo City has to offer as they made their way to the entertainment section, "And a commotion, you say? I take it then there were some interesting rumors about me before I arrived?" Karlous knew his reputation preceded him but, some reason, he was always surprised when he learn that some people are frightened of him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ex-showdog, remember? I'm R&R (Rescue & Recovery) now," Torque replied, "But if you're looking for a name...I dunno, I was thinking about "The Choir Of Asgard."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, once a showdog, always a showdog. You're working for us too, you know." JD points out.
"But eh, not bad, not bad. It's not quite right though. We need something for the whole show, not just the choir. Also the whole Norse thing is a bit overdone in opera, isn't it?" he jokes.

~~~~~~~~
"So... How do you like being a security guard, Francis?" Makani asks eventually.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Francis breezed as he followed the group, checking down the passageways and decks, "it's not so bad as all that. It keeps me busy and doing things for the first time in my life so there's that. There's always the possibility of facing life ending danger but that's an as you come thing. And it probably won't get that bad..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

SeanWolf wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:43 am "The trip was fine. Had a bit of a delay at port due to engine troubles but, otherwise, it was smooth sailing, no pun intended," Karlous replied, looking around at what Apollo City has to offer as they made their way to the entertainment section, "And a commotion, you say? I take it then there were some interesting rumors about me before I arrived?" Karlous knew his reputation preceded him but, some reason, he was always surprised when he learn that some people are frightened of him.
"Yes sir! With the last captain's departure we grew a bit curious of who was going to replace them! Even moreso when we couldn't really find any details on who you were, I hope that doesn't bother you! We were all just curious of who we'd be working with, the staff especially." Avery gave the man an apologetic smile as they rounded a corner, the entertainment section now laid out in front of them.

"Now... would you like to be introduced to our talented anidroid actors? Or maybe view some other kind entertainment first?"

Ref Ref!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Roarin wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:26 am "Yes sir! With the last captain's departure we grew a bit curious of who was going to replace them! Even moreso when we couldn't really find any details on who you were, I hope that doesn't bother you! We were all just curious of who we'd be working with, the staff especially." Avery gave the man an apologetic smile as they rounded a corner, the entertainment section now laid out in front of them.

"Now... would you like to be introduced to our talented anidroid actors? Or maybe view some other kind entertainment first?"
Karlous chuckled a bit, "It doesn't bother me. Info about me is a bit on the hard side to find and, what info is available, is mostly my heroics back in the Navy," before directing his attention the splendor of the entertainment section, whistling at the sights, "Well, I would be interested in checking out that theater I've heard some marvelous things about it from my time on Aurora Garden."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Part-time. Remember, like I sad, I'm still a Rescue & Recovery member!" Torque again reminded JD with a smile, "Though you are right about the overplaying of Norse...hmm...Tell the truth, I can't really think of anything to creative. Only name that's coming to mind is 'The Galactic Symphony' but that's it."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah. I feel like Apollo City is pretty safe." Makani agrees. "Can I ask what you did before you joined the ship? Were you always in security or...?"

~~~~~~~~
After buffing out the last smear on the bannister Kelly returns her polish and rag to the cleaning cart and the cleaning cart to the janitorial cupboard, and then snaps her disposable gloves to the bin. Pulling on her white cotton serving gloves again, she returns to the lobby and pauses by the bar to run a quick automated systems check on herself before deciding which task to tackle next.

~~~~~~~~
"Part time still counts. But you're still thinking too narrow. A symphony is still a single piece of music and we need a name for the whole show. Oh well. Say, I heard you were working on a new song. How's that going?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Me," Francis replied as they headed along the ship. "Oh, no, no. After mom and... sis - but THAT'S a longer story than I knew - left us, I was kinda swaddled in cotton wool until we got here. Everything catered for by Anidroids. Rarely allowed to leave the house by myself." He snorted. "Rarely able to leave the house full stop. So I got good with computers and that sort of world. Which is kind of how I ended up in security." He glanced over at the new Captain but decided that he'd probably know anyhow. "Made it so the system couldn't see me here - so I could get some privacy - and then said 'hello' to one of the staff. They saw someone standing where ship systems said no-one was and took me in." He chuckled. "Serendipity struck due to manners." He paused as they reached the foyer on their trip. "And here we have the eternally lovely Kelly Doyle," he said, by way of introduction, giving the ani-droid a small bow. "How are you today, Kelly? Have you met the new Captain and my friend Makani?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Heya there Kelly!" The canine waves, all smiles.

"We're giving the captain the tour of the ship! He wanted to see what type of entertainment the ship had to offer! Though if you could..." She leaned in close, "We're not too sure how many people are aware of the captain's arrival. So if you could, keep things on the hush hush until there's a formal announcement."

Ref Ref!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:07 am "Part time still counts. But you're still thinking too narrow. A symphony is still a single piece of music and we need a name for the whole show. Oh well. Say, I heard you were working on a new song. How's that going?"
Torque shrugged, "More like fifteen new songs...I decided to work on a new album called 'The Beast Unleashed', which will be a return to my more heavier side I've been known for (Last album I did that had a heavy side was 'Rebel With A Vengeance' which, coincidentally, was my last album) but..." he then crossed his arms and leaned back against the chair "...I guess you can say I got Writer's Block. I only got three of the songs written then bam! Can't think of anything else."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roarin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:49 am "Heya there Kelly!" The canine waves, all smiles.

"We're giving the captain the tour of the ship! He wanted to see what type of entertainment the ship had to offer! Though if you could..." She leaned in close, "We're not too sure how many people are aware of the captain's arrival. So if you could, keep things on the hush hush until there's a formal announcement."
Karlous, who was looking over the nearby posters and taking in the beauty of the place, looked over at both Avery and the droid, when he heard his title mentioned, and waved with a smile.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Three's still a good effort! Much better than most of these modern celebrities that only seem to be able to release one or two singles in a decade." JD encourages.

~~~~~~~~
Kelly immediately comes out of standby mode and shifts her scan to run in the background.
"Good morning, Francis! All my systems seem fully functional although my latest scan is only forty eight percent finished, thank you for asking. I hope you are well too!" she answers, returning the bow.
"I have met Makani but I have not yet had the pleasure of making the Captain's acquaintance.Good morning to you too, Captain, Makani and Avery. And of course I shall be discrete, Avery. Would you all care to accompany me into the auditorium? It would be my pleasure to introduce you to the gentleman who owns this establishment."

At the top of the stairs, on his way out of the booth, Todd notices the captain in the foyer below but is too far away to hear Avery's instruction. Should the captain decide to visit JD, Todd will make sure he's announced properly.

~~~~~~~~
Makani had been interested by Francis' story but the group arrived at the theatre before he could ask any questions. Knowing the moment had passed, the cat contents himself with remaining quiet and polite, greeting the droid with a polite nod and a friendly "G'Day".
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course, Kelly," Francis replied politely. "Out of interest, with the shows and films you have available, which one do you think Tegan might like to see with me next?" He wondered if she'd respond. With her permission, he was trying to encourage her to gently broaden her programming by encouraging her to offer opinions based, as they often are, on extrapolations of past events. Plus the fact that he did, in point of fact, largely trust her decisions.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"That sounds like a great idea Miss Kelly!" Avery quips, turning to the captain and motioning for him to following along before falling into step with Makani.

"Pssst, Makani. I might have to lean on you guys in case anything in the theater needs to be explained... I actually haven't been here in a while."

Ref Ref!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:09 am "Three's still a good effort! Much better than most of these modern celebrities that only seem to be able to release one or two singles in a decade." JD encourages.
"Yeah, that is true," Torque chuckles, "Still, I would love to be able to give people a good reason to get this album, you know? I mean, just the fact I'm returning to the music business with this new album was enough to get many excited...but I just don't want this to be just another Torque album. That and...I would love to be able to avoid controversy for once..." a small but audible growl came out of his mouth, "I swear, those parent groups have it out for me!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roarin wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:03 pm "That sounds like a great idea Miss Kelly!" Avery quips, turning to the captain and motioning for him to following along before falling into step with Makani.

"Pssst, Makani. I might have to lean on you guys in case anything in the theater needs to be explained... I actually haven't been here in a while."

Glancing over from the poster, Karlous walks over to Avery and follows them, while adding, "This is a lovely theater. Beethoven himself would've loved to perform here."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We'll be fine, Avery. We've got the best possible tour guide." Makani whispers back, nodding at Kelly.
"But of course I'll do my best to answer any questions too."

~~~~
"Thank you, sir. We are proud of it!" Kelly answers with a smile as she leads the way.
"Well, Francis, we do have an upcoming production of The Phantom of the Opera that you both might enjoy. It involves romance, drama, murder and sword-fighting. Something to keep the both of you entertained." the droid suggests.

~~~~
Todd discretely disappears back into the sound and lighting booth.

~~~~
"Well, if it helps at all, you're welcome to make use of our facilities here. I'm sure the band would love featuring in one of your albums, plus it's good free publicity for us. Win-w- What on Earth?" JD stops, startled as a trumpet fanfare fills the auditorium.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Doyle Theatre Company is proud to present... Captain Admiral Karlous Denver!" the PA booms as the brass, drums and cymbals continue and a spotlight focuses on the door through which is walking.

Keeping the door held open behind her back, Kelly immediately facepaws.
"I am so sorry, sir. It seems Todd didn't get the message about discretion. I will have words with him later. I can assure you that we are quite alone here aside from JD and Mister Torque though."

In the stalls JD has jumped to his feet and dropped into a theatrical bow.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:46 am "Thank you, sir. We are proud of it!" Kelly answers with a smile as she leads the way.
"Well, Francis, we do have an upcoming production of The Phantom of the Opera that you both might enjoy. It involves romance, drama, murder and sword-fighting. Something to keep the both of you entertained." the droid suggests.

~~~~
Todd discretely disappears back into the sound and lighting booth.

~~~~
"Well, if it helps at all, you're welcome to make use of our facilities here. I'm sure the band would love featuring in one of your albums, plus it's good free publicity for us. Win-w- What on Earth?" JD stops, startled as a trumpet fanfare fills the auditorium.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Doyle Theatre Company is proud to present... Captain Admiral Karlous Denver!" the PA booms as the brass, drums and cymbals continue and a spotlight focuses on the door through which is walking.

Keeping the door held open behind her back, Kelly immediately facepaws.
"I am so sorry, sir. It seems Todd didn't get the message about discretion. I will have words with him later. I can assure you that we are quite alone here aside from JD and Mister Torque though."

In the stalls JD has jumped to his feet and dropped into a theatrical bow.
Karlous, however, was red in the face as he was attempting to stifle himself but soon erupted into laughter. He then clapped at the performance, "Of all the ways I've ever been introduced...that is, by far, the greatest I've ever been introduced. Would I have preferred a more discrete intro? Yeah...but I'll let this one slide," he smiled at Kelly as he looks over at JD and..."Wait a second..." he then remarks, noticing Torque standing there, saluting him. Walking over to him, he asks him, "Are you Torque Nightshade?"

"Y-yes sir?" Torque replied, a bit worried at why the new captain singled him out before having a mild panic as he watched him dig into his jacket, only to pull out something very familiar to him, "I know this is silly...but could I have your autograph?" It was one of Torque's earliest albums, 'Drachenfeuer', and, as it turned out, Karlous was a huge fan of his. Torque was flabbergasted as he signed it, "I didn't realize I still had this many fans out there!"
"You kidding? There's still a forum up discussing your legacy and we are all excited for your next album!" Karlous smiled while pocketing the album, making Torque blush a bit. Turning his attention back to JD, he said to him, "And to you? Everyone back at base told me you host some of the greatest plays ever written and performed here, along with having the best music as well. I look forward to spending an evening or two listening to the symphonies of this fine establishment!"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery's only indication of surprise was an ear-twitch. But upon glancing at Karlous and seeing that he wasn't too bothered by it, she let the moment of panic pass, and gave the reigns of the tour over to Kelly and JD while she stood back.

Ref Ref!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis smiled genially at Kelly. "I trust your judgement," he said before trying a small joke, "you know how Tegan likes the sword fights, eh?" On the fanfare, he switched into action, pulling out his stungun and tensing as he scoped for targets until he realised exactly what was going on. He put the gun away and relaxed. "Sorry," he said awkwardly, automatically apologising to Kelly as she was closest.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It is okay, Francis. At least you have good trigger discipline." Kelly smiles.

"Huh. You're packing heat. Where did you pull that out of? How did I not notice it sooner?" Makani asks.

"My apologies, Makani. If I'd realised it would make you uncomfortable I'd have asked him to leave the gun with our staff at the concession stand."

"Oh, no, it's fine, Kelly. Just surprised me, that's all. Have you gotten to tase anyone yet, Francis?" Makani asks, curious.

~~~~~~~~
"Thank you, sir. We'll look forward to welcoming you. And if even half the rumours about you are true then it's an honour to make your acquaintance and to call you my Captain." JD answers, returning the compliment.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:58 am "Thank you, sir. We'll look forward to welcoming you. And if even half the rumours about you are true then it's an honour to make your acquaintance and to call you my Captain." JD answers, returning the compliment.
"There are tons of rumors about me, it seems," Karlous remarked with a chuckle as he pocketed the signed album before saying to Torque, much to his surprise, "By the way, speaking of rumors, the old captain did tell me about your request to retire from the Rescue & Recovery team here. I was hesitant at first as you are one of the top R&R Members. But..." he then looked around at the establishment for a bit, before handing Torque his papers, "I understand why you wanted to retire. So here, consider your retirement request accepted." Torque, who wanted to tell JD he was retiring the day it was happening, nodded and accepted the papers, "Thank you, sir. It's going to feel nice to get back to my music...just hope my album does good..." He then turned to JD, who appeared to be sporting a surprised look, "Kind of a shocker, huh?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Uh, no no," Francis said, a little shame-facedly, as he put the weapon away. "Never been a need. People generally don't want trouble, they just want to have a nice time."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:26 am "Uh, no no," Francis said, a little shame-facedly, as he put the weapon away. "Never been a need. People generally don't want trouble, they just want to have a nice time."
"Well it is nice to know that you're prepared if anything does happen." Avery quips, smiling from the back.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"...Uh, yeah... Was it really just five minutes ago you were telling me you didn't want to leave R&R and weren't really a showdog any more?" JD asks once he's picked his jaw up off the floor.

"Yeah. And you clearly know how to handle that weapon too. Which is cool." Makani grins, glancing up at the chandelier and proscenium.
"Really something, this place, isn't it? Like stepping back in time!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:11 am "...Uh, yeah... Was it really just five minutes ago you were telling me you didn't want to leave R&R and weren't really a showdog any more?" JD asks once he's picked his jaw up off the floor.
"Yeeeah, I was kind of lying..." Torque admitted as he rubbed his shoulder sheepishly, "I turned in my three-weeks notice three weeks ago and I retire today, actually..."
"Again, bit of a shock to everyone at R&R as you were their best member," Karlous replied.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Francis remarked, "it's kinda like the old Italian luxury liners. Couldn't compete on speed so went for elegance. Now we get speed and elegance."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery nodded in agreement, "I'll have to make some time to catch a show! I've only seen clips here and there on the ViewTube and read a few historic plays. And I've been hearing nothing but good things about this theater from the passengers." The canine strayed a bit forwards to get a better look at the stage.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

JD pauses and sniffs the air.
"Do you smell that, Torque?" he asks innocently, "It's the smell of pants burning."

"Really? You haven't been yet? You've really missed out then!" Makani exclaims.

"You know, if you folks would like a bit of a demonstration, I have the choir and orchestra due to start a rehearsal in about five-" JD pauses as a reed instrument squawks somewhere below the stage.
"Five minutes." he continues with a lopsided grin.
"Sounds like the orchestra is arriving." he finishes as a door thunks somewhere inside the orchestra pit and assorted musicians begin to file in, snap on lights attached to music stands and warm up and tune their various instruments.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:30 am JD pauses and sniffs the air.
"Do you smell that, Torque?" he asks innocently, "It's the smell of pants burning."

"You know, if you folks would like a bit of a demonstration, I have the choir and orchestra due to start a rehearsal in about five-" JD pauses as a reed instrument squawks somewhere below the stage.
"Sounds like the orchestra is arriving." he finishes as a door thunks somewhere inside the orchestra pit and assorted musicians begin to file in, snap on lights attached to music stands and warm up and tune their various instruments.
Torque simply shrugged in response, Karlous chuckling as he observed the musicians arriving to the stage. "I think we can put the tour on hold just for a bit as I've always wanted to see this," Karlous remarked, adding, "After this, we can can continue on, then I'd like to go to the command deck and prep my speech for later."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It might be an idea," Francis agreed, wondering if it was OK to not be 'on point' for a few moments. He decided it should be. "Want to join us, Kelly?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

SeanWolf wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:28 am
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:30 am JD pauses and sniffs the air.

Torque simply shrugged in response, Karlous chuckling as he observed the musicians arriving to the stage. "I think we can put the tour on hold just for a bit as I've always wanted to see this," Karlous remarked, adding, "After this, we can can continue on, then I'd like to go to the command deck and prep my speech for later."
Avery wrinkled her nose, "Well, ordinarily I would try to verify a change in schedule with some sort of chain of command, but seeing as you are on top of that chain, and the one who requested this tour, I don't see why not! And, it would give me an opportunity to watch one of these well regarded shows! A truly rare, 'two birds with one stone' situation that I am happy to indulge in!" Her tail wagged.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you, Francis. I'd love to." Kelly smiles, following the cat into the stalls.
"It is unusual for me to have a chance to simply enjoy a show."

"All right, let's do it! Have a seat, folks. Make yourselves comfortable!" JD grins. He leans over the rail of the orchestra pit.
"Right, everyone. We've got some special guests today so lets impress them with the Orff we've been practicing. Let me hear your tuning notes. Choir, you know what to do. Todd!"
"Yes, JD?"
"Full special effects for this one but save the confetti. You know what to do!"
"Yes, JD!"

The choir rolls their risers into place and lock the breaks on. The ferret droid appears on stage a few moments later, having used a hidden passageway, and seems to check a series of small boxes along the front of the stage before flying up behind the proscenium arch and into the fly space over the stage where he disappears amongst the cables and lights overhead.

JD spends a few minutes adjusting the tuning of the band before turning back to his audience.
"Right. I think we're ready." he enthuses, taking up his place on the organ bench and signalling Todd who has appeared back in the light box.
"Hold on to your hats, everyone. You're gonna love this! At least, I think you will. At least, I hope you will!" he says as the house and stage lights fade, leaving him in a spotlight as fog rolls across the stage with a faint hiss.

The spotlight also fades to blackness as a black panther droid takes up his place on the conductor's podium in the orchestra pit, with just his head and shoulders visible to those on stage, illuminated by the lamp on his music stand.

He raises his arms, baton held steady. The theatre is silent, everyone holding their breath. The baton falls.

A deep bass note from the organ seems to rattle the theatre, followed an instant later by a simultaneous crash of percussion, a blast of brass, a cry from the choir and a brilliant flash of light that throws the entire scene into sharp relief.

"O Fortuna!
Velut luna!
Statu variabilis!"

The song continues in a similar vein, with dramatic lighting and perfectly timed intermittent bursts of flame from the boxes along the front of the stage, building to a grand crescendo full of flames reaching for the roof and showers of sparks raining down over the stage, as the choir, orchestra and organ belt out their final chords.

As the echoes of the song die away, Todd brings the house and stage lights back up, and Makani leaps to his feet, all his fur standing on end, clapping, cheering and whistling with all his might.
"THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME! I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS ALL OVER!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:47 am "Thank you, Francis. I'd love to." Kelly smiles, following the cat into the stalls.
"It is unusual for me to have a chance to simply enjoy a show."

"All right, let's do it! Have a seat, folks. Make yourselves comfortable!" JD grins. He leans over the rail of the orchestra pit.
"Right, everyone. We've got some special guests today so lets impress them with the Orff we've been practicing. Let me hear your tuning notes. Choir, you know what to do. Todd!"
"Yes, JD?"
"Full special effects for this one but save the confetti. You know what to do!"
"Yes, JD!"

The choir rolls their risers into place and lock the breaks on. The ferret droid appears on stage a few moments later, having used a hidden passageway, and seems to check a series of small boxes along the front of the stage before flying up behind the proscenium arch and into the fly space over the stage where he disappears amongst the cables and lights overhead.

JD spends a few minutes adjusting the tuning of the band before turning back to his audience.
"Right. I think we're ready." he enthuses, taking up his place on the organ bench and signalling Todd who has appeared back in the light box.
"Hold on to your hats, everyone. You're gonna love this! At least, I think you will. At least, I hope you will!" he says as the house and stage lights fade, leaving him in a spotlight as fog rolls across the stage with a faint hiss.

The spotlight also fades to blackness as a black panther droid takes up his place on the conductor's podium in the orchestra pit, with just his head and shoulders visible to those on stage, illuminated by the lamp on his music stand.

He raises his arms, baton held steady. The theatre is silent, everyone holding their breath. The baton falls.

A deep, bass note from the organ seems to rattle the theatre, followed an instant later by a simultaneous crash of percussion, a blast of brass, a cry from the choir and a brilliant flash of light that throws the entire scene into sharp relief.

"O Fortuna!
Velut luna!
Statu variabilis!"

The song continues in a similar vein, with dramatic lighting and perfectly timed intermittent bursts of flame from the boxes along the front of the stage, building to a grand crescendo full of flames reaching for the roof and showers of sparks raining down over the stage, as the choir, orchestra and organ belt out their final chords.

As the echoes of the song die away, Todd brings the house and stage lights back up, and Makani leaps to his feet, all his fur standing on end, clapping, cheering and whistling with all his might.
"THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!"
"Whoa..." was the only thing that Torque could say, never seeing a performance with that much power before. Karlous himself could only stand and applaud, whistling and cheering as well. "That was amazing!" He exclaimed, "I see why the old captain spoke highly of this place!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You ought to occasionally, Kelly," Francis said before the show. "Nothing tells you how an audience feels about a show more than being in the middle. Especially if you have surround sound hearing, eh," he added, by way of a joke.
During the show, Francis did the reactions of amazement that most people would probably be doing, the open mouthedness, the laughing, the 'whoas' and, of course, the standing applause at the end. "I think Makani liked that, don't you Kelly," he asked in an aside, still applauding.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery found herself standing up with the rest and the group, clapping fervently as her tail wagged behind her. She looked transfixed at the stage for a moment before joining in on the praise. "Wow! That was... incredible! I wasn't expecting such a full body experience, or the flood of dopamine! Does every show feel like that?!"

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Most shows provoke an emotional response, Avery. That is generally the intent anyway. Whether it be making the audience laugh or cry, the performers thrive on the reactions of the audience. In this way, live shows are very different to, say, the cinema, because the performers and audience are always interacting directly."

"Thank you very much! You're too kind!" JD smiles, taking his bow with the choir.

"I do, Francis." Kelly answers with a cheeky grin. "And I think you liked it too. You were watching with your mouth wide open. Oh. What is JD doing now?"

With a twinkle in his eye, the organist seats himself again and begins a cascading series of flute-like notes. The band and choir take their cues, and several of the choir step forward.

"One day more! Another day, another destiny! This never-ending road to Calvary! These men who seem to know my crime will surely come a second time! One day more!"
"I did not live until today! How can I live when we are parted?"

"YAAAAAAAS!" Makani yells silently, clenching his fists under his chin, eyes agleam with excitement. He forgets to retake his seat and he can't resist mouthing the lyrics along with the singers.

This time Todd only reduces the lights slightly, making the lead singers stand out in their spotlights. As the song progresses towards its climax, one of the choir members in the background produces a red flag on a tall flagpole from somewhere and waves it overhead.

"TOMORROW WE'LL DISCOVER WHAT OUR GOD IN HEAVEN HAS IN STORE!" thunder all the musicians with their varied instruments and voices in perfect harmony and synchronisation as the lights overhead change hue to match "La Tricolore", the French flag. The glow is clearly visible in the haze still hanging in the air from the smoke machines.

"ONE MORE DAWN! ONE MORE DAY! OOOOOONE DAAAAAAAY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!"

Makani's reaction as Todd returns the lights to normal is no less enthusiastic than that for the previous song.

This time JD descends from the stage to address his guests again as the choir and band begin to relax and chat amongst themselves.

"Sorry to hold up your tour. After your reaction to the last song I couldn't resist giving you an encore though."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:44 am "Thank you very much! You're too kind!" JD smiles, taking his bow with the choir.

"I do, Francis." Kelly answers with a cheeky grin. "And I think you liked it too. You were watching with your mouth wide open. Oh. What is JD doing now?"

With a twinkle in his eye, the organist seats himself again and begins a cascading series of flute-like notes. The band and choir take their cues, and several of the choir step forward.

"One day more! Another day, another destiny! This never-ending road to Calvary! These men who seem to know my crime will surely come a second time! One day more!"
"I did not live until today! How can I live when we are parted?"

"YAAAAAAAS!" Makani yells silently, clenching his fists under his chin, eyes agleam with excitement. He forgets to retake his seat and he can't resist mouthing the lyrics along with the singers.

This time Todd only reduces the lights slightly, making the lead singers stand out in their spotlights. As the song progresses towards its climax, one of the choir members in the background produces a red flag on a tall flagpole from somewhere and waves it overhead.

"TOMORROW WE'LL DISCOVER WHAT OUR GOD IN HEAVEN HAS IN STORE!" thunder all the musicians with their varied instruments and voices in perfect harmony and synchronisation as the lights overhead change hue to match "La Tricolore", the French flag. The glow is clearly visible in the haze still hanging in the air from the smoke machines.

"ONE MORE DAWN! ONE MORE DAY! OOOOOONE DAAAAAAAY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!"

Makani's reaction as Todd returns the lights to normal is no less enthusiastic than that for the previous song.

This time JD descends from the stage to address his guests again as the choir and band begin to relax and chat amongst themselves.

"Sorry to hold up your tour. After your reaction to the last song I couldn't resist giving you an encore though."
"That is perfectly fine, JD! The encore was just as magnificent as the main act!" Karlous exclaimed before chuckling, "But I do agree, we do need to get back to the tour. It was a pleasure meeting you all and Torque? Good luck at your new job." Torque smiled and saluted before turning to Todd and saying, "Want me to hand you my resume? I mean, I do need something to do while working on my music again."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:44 am "Most shows provoke an emotional response, Avery. That is generally the intent anyway. Whether it be making the audience laugh or cry, the performers thrive on the reactions of the audience. In this way, live shows are very different to, say, the cinema, because the performers and audience are always interacting directly."
"Fascinating..." The canine mumbled, returning to her seat just before the next song is sung, letting the experience wash over her once more.
SeanWolf wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49 am "That is perfectly fine, JD! The encore was just as magnificent as the main act!" Karlous exclaimed before chuckling, "But I do agree, we do need to get back to the tour. It was a pleasure meeting you all and Torque? Good luck at your new job." Torque smiled and saluted before turning to Todd and saying, "Want me to hand you my resume? I mean, I do need something to do while working on my music again."
It took a few seconds for Avery to snap back to her senses, letting out a soft cough as she stood up. "Ahem, yes. As much as we all enjoyed the performance we should be going. There's still a lot to see." She glanced at Torque, as well as the theater troupe. "It was a pleasure to meet you all. And I'll have to return at some point to catch another show. My, I can only imagine what a whole show must be like! Hmm, I might even recommend it some patients if they're in need of a cathartic experience..."

Ref Ref!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, it's the thrill of spectacle, Kelly, it's.." Francis was put back into silence by the 'encore'. After the usual response at the end he turned to her again. "That's the confusion of humanity, Kelly. A bravura, wonderful, rousing song in a tragedy that's full of rousing, brilliant, exuberant songs. So you have an uplifting tragedy. Doesn't make sense, does it?" He smiled genially at the ani-droid. "Next time we meet you can tell me how it does, eh?" He bowed to the lady. "I'd probably better keep in with the Captain." He turned to Makani. "Better than the film," he asked cheekily.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, us true fans don't talk about the film." Makani mock growls, crossing his arms.

"But it does make sense, Francis." Kelly points out in a rare moment of wisdom.
"It's about hope. It's what makes all of you, for want of a better word, real creatures alive, as distinct from us anidroids. Even in the midst of your darkest despair, your greatest tribulations, you never lose hope. We robots don't feel any emotions, hope included. We can run a simulation and program our reactions accordingly but it isn't the same as actually experiencing these things. The closest we can come to understanding without deeply violating your privacy is through watching shows like Les Misérables because that's when you put the full extent of your emotions on display. It's... Really something quite amazing. I believe that, as a psychologist, Miss Avery will be able to appreciate this sentiment."

"She gets it. She's a true fan." Makani grins, pointing a thumb over his shoulder at the droid.

"Thank you, sir. And we have a rehearsal to hold. Best of luck with your new command! Feel free to drop by for another show any time!" With that, JD turns back to his band and choir and starts issuing instructions.

"If I may, sir, could I accompany you on this tour? I would enjoy continuing my discussion with Francis, assuming that it wouldn't distract him from his duties too much, and as my duties here at the theatre are done for the morning I'm free to roam. In addition, as an opera-class service-droid I may be of some use to you as you make yourself at home." Kelly asks with a polite bow.
SeanWolf wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49 am Torque smiled and saluted before turning to Todd and saying, "Want me to hand you my resume? I mean, I do need something to do while working on my music again."
Todd shrugs.
"I mean, I can't do much with it. And I think JD has already hired you anyway so he doesn't have much use for it now either. So what are you going to do for the morning? Stay here and practise or join the tour with the Captain?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters