Non HPU: Zootopia

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:31 am "It's a recorder. Listen to this..." She pressed the play button, allowing the audio to play out in the car.

*"But isn't that where the mayor holding that meeting in a few days?

Sounds of Conduit working on things were picked up.

"Yeah, and that's when we'll strike. This vision of illusion of Zootopia... of predators and prey living together. We'll show them what-*

She pressed the stop button, looking over at Ben. "And looks like it's just us. Every other Agent is out on call. It's why they sent me out in the first place." She said.
"Recorder, huh? My niece plays it better." Ben quips. He doesn't actually have a niece, that he knows of anyway.
"So, what's your plan?" he asks, pulling up at a red light.

~~~~~~~~
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:31 am "Whip cream and maybe some caramel drizzled on top. I'm feeling daring today." Ron said as he waited at the bar on a stool, closest to the kitchen. He was keeping an eye but given that the ZISA agent had come so early, not many other customers were in the store at the time.
"You got it. Whipped cream and caramel drizzle." Joe repeats, punching buttons on his screen.
"That'll be right out. Do let me know if you need anything else."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:31 am
"Which one of those will we be learning on?" One of the students asked Chris.
"Oh, neither," Chris answered. "you'll be learning on the climbing wall. It's a close approximation of the more popular courses, but a lot safer."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Bailey returned to his room to freshen up before going into the en suite for a quick shower before getting dressed in a pair of proper trousers and a tailored shirt that he promptly his beneath a battered old leathereen jacket that he'd had some years. He pocketed a wallet with one of his cards and some cash before heading back out to Dawn. "I'm ready when you need me, Dawn," he announced.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

"I've always wanted to join the ZPD. A life sitting behind a desk, some boring desk job. Not for me, no sir ree. I like action, and helping others. Figured joining the ZPD would be a good fit for a guy like me. I mean anything can happen, at anytime. Right?" He answered Merrick's question as best he could but the honey badger seemed to take relief in the fact his first day on the job was something easy. Maybe he'd get what he came for some other shift?

-----

As the train ride was commencing Ace sat down to talk to his newest potential recruits on the train. Oddly, no other passengers seemed to be on the car other than Ace, Lotus, and the sleeping Karam. He took out a small smartphone, apparently taking notes. "Well, I know you can handle yourself in the field. I know you wanna help the others which is a good place to start." He went on as he jotted something down in his phone.

"So...I guess the first question I want to ask. How do you see yourself working with others of perhaps different views or philosophies than yours? He asked Lotus, looking down from his notepad.

------

"Well I know it's not the best recording but it gets the job done." She said as she put the recorder away. I say it's a fair bet to go see what's being prepared around the town hall...if we're going to find clues as to what their up to, where they rally is going to be would be our best bet." Conduit said before looking over at Ben with a bit of worry.

-----
"Thanks! I can't wait." Ron of course wasn't really paying attention to the waiter. Even though he was the first inside and probably the only customer in the little shop he couldn't help but feel something was...off.

---

"So we'd be using the with hooks already in the rocks or will we be learning both?" Another customer in the crowd asked.

----

"Thanks Bailey. Now we got a report to work on. The meeting is tomorrow after all." Dawn said to Bailey as she also got her purse and things ready for the morning.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:13 pm "I've always wanted to join the ZPD. A life sitting behind a desk, some boring desk job. Not for me, no sir ree. I like action, and helping others. Figured joining the ZPD would be a good fit for a guy like me. I mean anything can happen, at anytime. Right?" He answered Merrick's question as best he could but the honey badger seemed to take relief in the fact his first day on the job was something easy. Maybe he'd get what he came for some other shift?
Merrick chuckles as they walk down the halls, "You got spunk, Ronald, I'll give you that!" Ronald really reminded Merrick of himself when he was younger, care-free and ready to take on the world. As they entered the 1st Grade wing and started passing by the classes, one of the doors opened and the teacher, a Mr. Landon, called to both of them, "Excuse me, officers? Could you two come in here for a minute?" Merrick looked over, "Sure, something wrong?" he asked though he could tell there was as Mr. Landon replied, "Well, one of my students is saying they're not feeling well, complaining of an upset stomach. To me, he looks a bit under the weather, but I kind of want a second opinion on this." Merrick nodded and headed to the classroom, telling Ronald, "Looks like you may get some action today anyway!"

The officers entered the class as Mr. Landon assured the class that they are there to just check out their fellow student and to continue on with their reading (They were reading whatever they wanted to for a bit) as he directed them to the small tiger cub in the back, who Merrick could tell wasn't doing well at all. "Kyle, this is Officer Merrick and Officer Ronald," Mr. Landon told the cub, taking a quick look at Ronald's name badge, as Merrick said to Ronald, after looking around his belt, "Hey, you got a spare pen-light? I left mine out in the car."

* Pen-Light = A Small flashlight that looks like a pen
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"True enough," Bailey said, setting up to write his report about the festival and, probably, slip in a few gratis promotions for certain bookshop.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:13 pm "So we'd be using the with hooks already in the rocks or will we be learning both?" Another customer in the crowd asked.
"Well, We'll be practicing pre-placed hooks, but I will teach you some basics about how to know where to put new hooks later on," she replied.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"...Forgive me asking, sir. I know it's none of my business but... You seem a bit agitated, jumpy almost, and rather distracted. Is everything okay? Do you need help?" the wallaby asks, seeing the meerkat glancing around again.

~~~~~~~~
"It's as good a start as any. Can't go wrong by gathering intel. Do we have a cover?" the weasel asks, crossing the intersection and turning down a side road.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:13 pm As the train ride was commencing Ace sat down to talk to his newest potential recruits on the train. Oddly, no other passengers seemed to be on the car other than Ace, Lotus, and the sleeping Karam. He took out a small smartphone, apparently taking notes. "Well, I know you can handle yourself in the field. I know you wanna help the others which is a good place to start." He went on as he jotted something down in his phone.

"So...I guess the first question I want to ask. How do you see yourself working with others of perhaps different views or philosophies than yours? He asked Lotus, looking down from his notepad.
"Well..." The caracal seems stumped for a moment, glancing around the train as she crosses her arms. The emptiness doesn't seem to bother her, but that's mostly because she's stuck in her own thoughts. "That depends on what you mean, really. I don't have a lot of firm beliefs, but the battles I choose I don't stop fighting. I'm not going to sit by with bullying in the wild or in my workplace." Her eyes turn cold as they lock back onto Ace, adding crossed arms to her appraising look. "I don't care about prey-predator relations. We're technically both, but whoever you ask is going to call us the other. I don't know enough to pick a side, and I don't really want to. All I know is that no one should fear harm for leaving their home."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Ronald was quick, rummaging through the patrol vehicle he found a small pen light. Making his way back inside, he gives Merrick the pen-light."Yeah, here you go Merrick. Why, is something wrong?" Ronald asked with a bit of confusion and concern.

-----

"So, what lead do you want to go off of first? Politicians who you think will be there, or do you want to get people's opinion on it?" Dawn asked Bailey as she was gently massaging his shoulders.

-----

"When do we start climbing?" Another student asked Chris.

-----

Of course the meerkat was finicky, anxious nervous. But he tried to give off a rather goofy if not geniune smile."Nono, I just...haven't had my morning coffee yet." The meerkat looked around before looking back at his server.

"Haven't seen any suspicious activity have you? Anything unorthodox going on around here?" The meerkat if but for a brief moment slid his credentials across the table, his ZISA babge glistening softly from the lights in the restraunt.

-----
"Not...really. Other than the one we usually use. You're out in the field way more than, hotshot. Think you got a cover for us?" Conduit asked before looking over at Ben. She coughed a bit awkwardly. "You can call me Rachel, if you prefer." She admitted her real name to the operative.

----

The words seemed satisfactory to Ace as he looked at Lotus. He seemed impressed so far. "Loyalty to your friends. I can respect that." He was using his phone to take notes as the train was moving steadily among the subway.

"What caused you to start skateboarding around town looking for trouble? Just out of curiosity. Were you hoping to catch a robbery or something? I'm just wondering what kind of plans you had in place if you ever met trouble out there." Ace asked.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:25 pm Ronald was quick, rummaging through the patrol vehicle he found a small pen light. Making his way back inside, he gives Merrick the pen-light."Yeah, here you go Merrick. Why, is something wrong?" Ronald asked with a bit of confusion and concern.
"Thanks and I'm not sure yet," Merrick replies as he takes the light, then asking Kyle to open his mouth to check his throat, "Kyle, when you woke up today, did you have this upset stomach?" Kyle shook his head groggedly, "I was fine when mom woke me up and I had breakfast, a bowl of cereal. But, when I got on the bus, I started feeling sick..." Merrick nodded and stood up, looking over at Mr. Landon, "Call the office and tell them to not only contact the kids parents to pick him up, but to bring the cereal he ate as well." Mr. Landon, though confused, nodded and went to call the office while Merrick looked over at Ronald, saying quietly, "I don't think this a allergic reaction."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:25 pm The words seemed satisfactory to Ace as he looked at Lotus. He seemed impressed so far. "Loyalty to your friends. I can respect that." He was using his phone to take notes as the train was moving steadily among the subway.
Lotus quickly shakes her head, correcting "That's not the point. Loyalty is important, but the suspicion of a threat can be just as powerful as a proven one. And... well, people who get threatened get scared. And people who are scared... aren't themselves." The sudden dedication to the topic fades, her muscles relaxing against the chair as she concludes "I'd happily discuss a perspective on the whole... animal thing, especially since we both come from Steepsteppe, up north of the Rooi Mountain range, but I'd rather have him awake for that discussion." The move to the city had been a trek, to say the least, but she had known that he wouldn't leave without her. Getting away from her parents was just a fortunate side effect.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:25 pm "What caused you to start skateboarding around town looking for trouble? Just out of curiosity. Were you hoping to catch a robbery or something? I'm just wondering what kind of plans you had in place if you ever met trouble out there." Ace asked.
A quiet joy immediately shows on her face, a slight pause given as she seems to contemplate what to say. "I've... never gone out with the intention of finding trouble. That's honest. It basically started back home. Well, actually, let's step back a bit. First off, Karam and I are technically nocturnal. Caracals are pretty flexible with their sleep schedules, but in most situations we prefer the night. So yes, we should technically be living in Sahara Square, but Karam really wanted to attend this college and it's cheaper and easier to live off-campus than deal with trying to rent an apartment in a separate district. We visit Sahara Square pretty much every weekend though." This concludes with a nod, then another pause.

Once more the words seem to escape her as she sits back and faces forward, staring vacantly out the window at the passing scenery with her arms crossed across her chest. "So back home the nocturnals and the diurnals were kinda individual communities. Even when we lived next door you knew not to bug them because they were asleep. But when I was young... I was a really light sleeper, so I'd wake up pretty often to see them playing out in the yards." A hint of pride is audible in the next line. "One night I decided I was going to join them, so I hopped out of the window of my second-story bedroom and scared the living daylights out of them."

Another slight pause as her focus seems to return, a brief glance at Ace given before she twists to face him again. "That became a regular thing. I'd have school in the evening, hang out at Karam's until morning, then be back by sunset to pretend to go to sleep and sneak off for the majority of the day. It's also why I slept through a lot of my classes, but I don't really regret that. But anyway, once we got here I wasn't used to sleeping at night like he is - really just around the late afternoon until sunset. Meaning I had a lot of time to fill and nothing to fill it with, so... I just decided getting my feet on the ground was what I needed. I went for a walk and got lost almost immediately. Missed a bunch of class because I forgot they were during the day now, Karam was barely awake and couldn't figure out where I was, so he sent me the police non-emergency number. Once they got me back I decided I would be exploring more often so it didn't happen again. The skateboard is pretty much just to keep me on the ground. I love heights, but apparently, strange hooded figures climbing the fire escape or jumping across balconies at midnight causes 'a situation.'" The last comment is clearly a jab at her unconscious teammate (as she turns to look at him with a sassy flick of her head), who, shockingly, doesn't respond.

Her attention returns to Ace once more. "That's pretty much it. I don't really look for conflict, I just make myself available. And when I'm involved, I just act. Stopping to think is how you end up with a knife in your ribcage. Or worse. Can't give them time to react after they ignore the warning. I'm sure Karam can go on about how many ways he tried to stop me from going back out after I first told him I intervened in a loan shark pushing some guy around, but we come to agreements pretty quickly. So now he handles anything that I can't, and there's nothing really dangerous between the two of us. If it's too dangerous he anonymously contacts the police force and tips them off to it. Works pretty well for everyone involved, wouldn't you say?"
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:25 pm Of course the meerkat was finicky, anxious nervous. But he tried to give off a rather goofy if not geniune smile."Nono, I just...haven't had my morning coffee yet." The meerkat looked around before looking back at his server.

"Haven't seen any suspicious activity have you? Anything unorthodox going on around here?" The meerkat if but for a brief moment slid his credentials across the table, his ZISA babge glistening softly from the lights in the restraunt.
"I see." Joe smiles understandingly before looking at the credentials.
"Um... No sir, nothing at all that I can think of. I mean, the trash collection was late yesterday but other than that nothing out of the ordinary has happened and I doubt you're interested in the city's sanitation services... Sorry I can't be of more help... If you want to talk to the rest of the staff you'll be more than welcome though."

~~~~~~~~
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:25 pm "Not...really. Other than the one we usually use. You're out in the field way more than, hotshot. Think you got a cover for us?" Conduit asked before looking over at Ben. She coughed a bit awkwardly. "You can call me Rachel, if you prefer." She admitted her real name to the operative.
"I do, actually. I happen to know that the street light directly across from the Town Hall has been malfunctioning and flickering all night. As we are official contractors for the City, I was scheduled to fix it on Friday. Buuuut I think with a quick phone call, you could shift my schedule forward a bit, couldn't you?" the quick thinking weasel suggests.
"Can't get a better vantage point than directly opposite the show and up a ladder. We'll just need to stop by base and swap my truck for a cherry picker."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Baiey told Dawn, "I tend to use the photo of the Politician to 'grab the attention', then go into talk about the event and the people. Got a few photos before getting 'happily distracted," he finished, reaching over to squeeze her hand slightly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:25 pm"When do we start climbing?" Another student asked Chris.
I think we've covered the basics enough," Chris answered. "We have a big enough wall that we can have 4 climbers at once, who wants to go first?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

"Right away, sir." Of course Ronald was first to do that, seemed today wouldn't be so boring after all. He told the principal to call Kyle's parents.

Of course, Ronald was a bit confused at Merrick's diagnosis. Taking Merrick to the side if only for a moment. "You really think this isn't food poisoning? Kid said he ate cereal, then felt sick? You seen this before?" The honey badger asked.

-----

"Well..." Ace said as the train ride over towards Savannah Central as he looked over both Kareem and Lotus.

"How would you two like a short interm gig, low risk. You could be my personal assistant, and Kareem here could do an internship in our surveilance department." Ace asked,

----

"No more questions for now, but lemme know if that coffee comes through." Ron said before taking back his badge. He liked the staff, seemed friendly enough. The place seemed much too quiet for his tastes.

-----

"Of course. Quick thinking, I'll be sure to make the call right now." Conduit said as she pressed a button her earpiece, calling HQ.

"Yes, ZEUS? This is Conduit, was wondering if you could move Town Hall appointment from Friday for later today? Running OPS and we need the clearance." Rachel said before looking back over at Ben.

"Done and done. We're free to pick up whatever equipment we need."

----------

"That actually sounds like a pretty good idea, Bailey." Dawn said as she squeezed his hand just as lightly. "I'll start jotting down the questions."

----

The cheetah from earlier volunteered. "Sure, I wouldn't mind trying it out. Sign me up."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:22 am "Right away, sir." Of course Ronald was first to do that, seemed today wouldn't be so boring after all. He told the principal to call Kyle's parents.

Of course, Ronald was a bit confused at Merrick's diagnosis. Taking Merrick to the side if only for a moment. "You really think this isn't food poisoning? Kid said he ate cereal, then felt sick? You seen this before?" The honey badger asked.
"No, I said it wasn't an allergic reaction. It could very well be food poisoning," Merrick quietly corrected Ronald, "As for the last question; I have but it was a simple case of food not being cooked thoroughly. Something about this one, being that it came from cereal, I'm more suspicious of."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:22 am "No more questions for now, but lemme know if that coffee comes through." Ron said before taking back his badge. He liked the staff, seemed friendly enough. The place seemed much too quiet for his tastes.
"Will do." Joe nods before getting thoroughly distracted as minibus load of senior citizens enters for a pit stop on their way to a show.

A few minutes later a pretty echinda approaches the meerkat with a cardboard tray which holds a sealed biodegradable plastic bowlful of laksa, a bamboo spoon, a napkin, a fresh, crusty bread roll and a small pat of butter. In her other paw she holds a tall, clear plastic cup covered with a dome from which protrudes a straw.
"Here you are, sir. One mild Special Laksa and one iced coffee with whipped cream and caramel drizzle in a to-go box as requested. Enjoy."

~~~~~~~~
"Awesome." says Ben, taking a side street and heading for the depot.
"So, tell me. How are you with heights?" he asks, a sparkle in his eye.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:22 am "Well..." Ace said as the train ride over towards Savannah Central as he looked over both Kareem and Lotus.

"How would you two like a short interm gig, low risk. You could be my personal assistant, and Kareem here could do an internship in our surveilance department." Ace asked,
The athlete shakes her head with a playful smile. "Two issues with that. One, I have no idea what you're looking for in a personal assistant. I'm not going to take a mystery job just because we sat together on a train. You know a lot about us, a lot more than we want, and we know next to nothing about you." Lotus gives a gentle shrug, transitioning into a stretch against the seat. "And we're following you into a mysterious government building or something? Actually sounds a lot like a trap." This doesn't seem to bother her, as she knows it's far-fetched, but she leaves it there to force the agent's hand somewhat.

"The other issue is that Karam's not going to appreciate you forgetting his name." She adds with a lighthearted giggle, pulling her arms back down. "I know ours are weird, but he's the one you don't want to forget because we're joining or walking as a pair." Her tone steels slightly at the end, her statement concrete in her mind.
All the characters!