Non HPU: Zootopia

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: She giggled at his joke, before sighing heavily. "I know it's standard protocol, Ben, but do I have to do that every single time?" She of course, knew the answer was yes, but she decided to skip to the point anyway.

"It depends, did you file yet? I don't think I saw anything wrong with your taxes this year. You should be receiving your federal and state income tax returns rather soon, if anything else. That aside, Agent, this isn't easy of me to ask. But I need your help."
"I see. What can I do for you, ma'am?" Ben asks, turning serious.

~~~~~~~~
It's not long before the rest of the staff arrive and Jannali soon has her team doing meal prep, chopping foods, portioning ingredients, washing salads, and straightening up the restaurant ready for the lunch opening at eleven o'clock sharp.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

"Aircon?" Dawn asked, not being too familiar with the term. And I would have to say my rent over in Tundra Town is around 600, not including utilities or anything? Why?" Dawn seemed rather curious as to why, all of a sudden, that Bailey was asking about her rent.

-----

"Oh, sorry. My bad." Roland said as he put his phone away. He looked over at the big black wolf as he was talking to him about what a cop's true job should be. He raised his paw to give Merrick a bit of a sign that he'd heard that saying enough at the academy. "Wouldn't of signed up for it, if I wasn't in it to help folks, Merrick. Someone's gotta protect the little guy. Come on, I went through the Academy. I got this." He said simply as he wondered where they would be going on patrol.

----

"Skateboarding huh? Oh we know you're a great skateboarder." Ace said as he reached into his pocket, sliding the pair a few photos. It was of course, Lotus on her skateboard, patrolling the streets, at different places, though around the same time. It only took him a few moments before he gathered the photos back up.

He kept his voice quiet though, as he was clearly only interested in speaking with Karam and Lotus, and not wanting to make a big scene. "You wanna take a stroll in the middle of the night, that's fine. Everytime you're up on camera, though...we noticed someone hijacking our camera feed. Turns into someone different every time."The big rhino handed Ace a piece of paper, with a list of names he'd managed to get from various VPN's that had been spotted throughout the signal around the times Lotus was seen on camera, different dates, though almost around the same time.

He slides the piece of paper with the compiled names back to his bodyguard.

"Gotta say, I dunno what you twos are doin. But if you're good enough to wrangle our feed from our tech, then." He slid the two of them a business card, detailing where ZISA headquarters were. Of course, after he was done speaking them, more so as discreately as possible he started to speak up.

"You seem like good, and capable kids. You could be doing some real good out there. Work for us, and I can make you two legit."

----

"I need your help with a mission. You're familiar with Mr.Big of Tundratown? I think I've found a crime syndicate of similar size, though far less obvious that might be looking to take control of the district." She said, though she seemed a bit shaken.

"I've been studying them for awhile now, but I can't get too close. I'm sending you what I know now to your watch. Do you think you're up for it, Agent 7? Think you can help a lady out?" She asked in a rather teasing tone, though she of course knew she needed another Agent's help for the job.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"Oh, sorry. My bad." Roland said as he put his phone away. He looked over at the big black wolf as he was talking to him about what a cop's true job should be. He raised his paw to give Merrick a bit of a sign that he'd heard that saying enough at the academy. "Wouldn't of signed up for it, if I wasn't in it to help folks, Merrick. Someone's gotta protect the little guy. Come on, I went through the Academy. I got this." He said simply as he wondered where they would be going on patrol.
"Exactly what I said to my partner when I started out," Merrick sighed as they drove towards their area, "Trust me, being cocky won't get you far. Especially today as we're actually patrolling the Elementary School today. We were scheduled for downtown but one of the officers called in sick so I told the chief we'll take his patrol." As they drove, Merrick decided to try to lighten the mood a bit, "Say, how were you on the range in the Academy?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: "Skateboarding huh? Oh we know you're a great skateboarder." Ace said as he reached into his pocket, sliding the pair a few photos. It was of course, Lotus on her skateboard, patrolling the streets, at different places, though around the same time. It only took him a few moments before he gathered the photos back up.
Lotus gives a big smile and starts to speak, ready to point out some of her favorite tricks she'd done during these adventures, but Karam cuts her off with a light elbow to the stomach. She stops and glares at him for a moment.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: He kept his voice quiet though, as he was clearly only interested in speaking with Karam and Lotus, and not wanting to make a big scene. "You wanna take a stroll in the middle of the night, that's fine. Everytime you're up on camera, though...we noticed someone hijacking our camera feed. Turns into someone different every time."The big rhino handed Ace a piece of paper, with a list of names he'd managed to get from various VPN's that had been spotted throughout the signal around the times Lotus was seen on camera, different dates, though almost around the same time.

He slides the piece of paper with the compiled names back to his bodyguard.

"Gotta say, I dunno what you twos are doin. But if you're good enough to wrangle our feed from our tech, then." He slid the two of them a business card, detailing where ZISA headquarters were. Of course, after he was done speaking them, more so as discreately as possible he started to speak up.

"You seem like good, and capable kids. You could be doing some real good out there. Work for us, and I can make you two legit."
Karam leans slightly against Lotus, watching all the evidence with the same blank expression as before. There doesn't seem to be any solid evidence against him, and chances are that the slices of code they may have caught with his name will be unrecognizable compared to his official works. He's pretty much fine. While he'd love to throw her under the bus as the hacker as well, he'd actually miss her if she got locked up. Odd feeling for a caracal, even for another. With this motivation, he begins to speak, absolutely calm and emotionless. "'f yu've got a dozen 'r so names ya don' have anything. She's gotta flavor 'a th' day setup with guys 'round here. Check those guys ou', maybe yu'll fin' someone worth recruitin'. And sure, she's a thrill junkie, but if no one's called th' cops yet she hasn' done anythin' wrong and tha'-" He points to the photos with a slight frown, "-tha's mess'd up. We didn' come here t' be accused." Having finished, he crosses his arms across his chest and stands up straight again. This... is new for him. Having some bite-sized overconfident agent show up and tell him what they're doing doesn't matter hits a sore spot with him. Had these government forces been keeping people safe, Lotus wouldn't have to do this. His tail twitches slightly as he watches the otter, still a dead-eyed expression.

Lotus (meanwhile), having realized why Karam cut her off earlier, is trying to hold a professional air. She's not in a great spot and, while those photos didn't show anything actually incriminating, they probably have video of her getting into a fight. While she never would attack an civilian, she has attacked aggressors first in the numerous situations where the adrenaline got ahead of her. She picks up the card and listens to Karam's defense, reading the card carefully and inspecting it all over as if there were some secret message she was just missing. Throughout his speech she slowly gets more and more embarrassed, her ears tilting back and her gaze shifting away as she tries ignore the situation she's in.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Bailey said, taking a seat next to Dawn after putting the plates on the table, "my folks bought this place about ten years back, in case they needed to come to the city? They were thinking about expanding at the time but it never happened. So they've never come here." He took a bite and swallowed. "I pay peppercorn rent - about a Dollar a year - for the place and I have a second bedroom doing nothing. And now I find my beautiful best friend is in the city." He looked Dawn straight in the eyes. "I wondered if she'd like to split the rent and stop me feeling lonely?" He decided he'd explain the aircon a little later.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"I need your help with a mission. You're familiar with Mr.Big of Tundratown? I think I've found a crime syndicate of similar size, though far less obvious that might be looking to take control of the district." She said, though she seemed a bit shaken.

"I've been studying them for awhile now, but I can't get too close. I'm sending you what I know now to your watch. Do you think you're up for it, Agent 7? Think you can help a lady out?" She asked in a rather teasing tone, though she of course knew she needed another Agent's help for the job.
"Sure. I got a job over that way later today anyway. I gotta ask though. Is this official? Missions don't usually come from Accounting."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Raising a paw, a cheetah asked "What is nature's first barrier then? Is the first barrier our natural born instints, Instructor Kamoshika?" A cheetah wearing a pair of sweatpants, a shirt, and a workout headband asked.

This got of course a couple to giggle, though this was indeed a serious question from the cheetah. "Is it indeed jumping over the walls and barriers that we surround ourselves with everyday? Our prejudices, our insecurities?"
"Well Nature's greatest barrier is water, the Serrow explained. "it takes training and endurance to conquer mountains, it takes gills or boats to get past oceans. but since I'm not a boat instructor, let's get training, so you can do this," and she walked to the rock wall, attached the safety rope to the harness she was wearing, and began climbing. she mad it seem effortless, making it to the top in a little over a minute, then let herself drop slowly.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

"I was one of the top shots at the Academy. I mean, my personal skills need a little bitta work, why?" Of course Roland seemed far more interested in going downtown than patrolling the Elementary School but Roland wasn't about to complain.

---

"Look, guys. I know we started off on the wrong...paw here." He looks at Karam and Lotus thoughtfully.

"Niether of you are in any real trouble, we ain't accusing you of nothing. Just saying what we observed, but just think about it. We could use a couple recruits like you. He admitted as he looked back over his shoulder, and then back out over Karam and Lotus to figure if anyone was listening in.

"You two wanna do some real good? We could help you out with that. Our resources, your dedication. We'd make a good team. Just keep that in mind." Ace said as he also handed Karam a business card.

----

"Are you...asking me to move in with you?" Dawn asked a bit confused, especially about the whole rent. She knew a rich family had owned the hotel however she didn't really recall what family until...

"The Jackson family owns this hotel? Really?" Dawn began to look around, being a bit surprised, though figured this would actually bring in a bit of revenue. "I mean, I'd have to move my things into a bigger apartment, I mean I'm not really sure if this enough room for the two of us. But I don't think I'd mind." Dawn fully admitted out loud to herself.

----

"Official? Well...not exactly, and you're right missions don't usually come from accounting. This was my mission...I'm just kind of hurt." She sounded a bit pained through the headset, as she spoke, trying to keep her voice low.

"It's getting to the point, I know I can't do this mission on my own anymore...you wouldn't leave a lady stranded on the side of Elm Street would you?" Rebecca asked, cheekily giving away her location as sounds of others could be heard over the headset.

"I'd owe ya one, Ben. Agent 10 signing off."

----

Meanwhile outside Janalli's restaurant a meerkat stepped up to the door. Dressed in a nice and trim tuxedo, his rather blonde fur, especially on the top of his head shimmered in the sunlight. The familiar meerkat lines ran horizontal down his neck, and the tip of his ears were jet black. He had a small device in his ear, and a ZISA badge hidden in his wallet hanging on his black jeans. The meerkat's big brown eyes looked inside as he sighed. He was actually early for once? Of course the first time Ron would be early for something was to miss his coffee for that job fair meeting at Savannah University.

A soft tap of the glass revealed that it was indeed, not bulletproof as he pressed his ear against the glass. No sign of anyone in the building, other than what he had assumed would be kitchen staff ready to make his morning coffee. Quickly as he'd come, he turned his back to the restaurant ear low to the ground if only for a moment before the meerkat started fiddling with his PDA. Small green dots were on the screen as he started checking for a head count of who, or what all could possibly be in the vicinity. On his palm was a little small pad made to pick up resonant frequencies though of course this gave his ear quite a shock as he never bothered to think about the cars coming and going nearby.

"OWWAAHH! Jeez laweez... He immediately turned off the device, placing it back on his belt as rubbed his ear.

---

"You know, now that you say that, that makes way more sense than my idea." the cheetah admitted. "Wow, impressive Instructor Kamoshika. I hope to be just as good at climbing one day." The cheetah said as he seemed rather impressed by just how effortless and fluid she made the rock wall seem.
Last edited by GrimD@rk8290 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Bailey admitted, "when I say 'bought the place', I mean this deluxe suite. The owner needed finances to do up the place so they figured the cheapest way to do it was sell off a few of the higer priced suites to the rich and infamous. My folks bought this one and access to the hotel vaults. So," he reiterated, putting his hands on Dawn's shoulders and looking into her eyes with a hopeful look, "does the most beautiful girl in the city want to make me the luckiest guy and move in?" Idly, he wondered if he could have made that line any cheesier. he doubted it.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: "Look, guys. I know we started off on the wrong...paw here." He looks at Karam and Lotus thoughtfully.

"Niether of you are in any real trouble, we ain't accusing you of nothing. Just saying what we observed, but just think about it. We could use a couple recruits like you. He admitted as he looked back over his shoulder, and then back out over Karam and Lotus to figure if anyone was listening in.

"You two wanna do some real good? We could help you out with that. Our resources, your dedication. We'd make a good team. Just keep that in mind." Ace said as he also handed Karam a business card.
Optimistically bolstered by the agent's attempt at reconciliation, Lotus steps forward, giving Karam a playful shove as she replies, partially as a cover for Karam, "Karam, at least try to be civil to this nice man, he took the time out of his day to come here and solicit and I doubt he's any more pleased about it than you are about waking up so early." She grins at Ace as Karam looks at her, mildly confused, and continues "He's still got a lot of our nocturnal ways about him. He's just being catty because he didn't get any sleep last night, it's nothing personal. Regardless, this sounds like a wonderful opportunity that we'd be foolish to let pass without at least a visit to the facility. Right Karam?" He just shakes his head, then accidentally breaks it with a long silent yawn, shuddering at the end. "Sure. Whatever y'want." He gives the agent a curt nod and, like the argument, speaks in a neutral tone "I apol'gize f'r any 'nd all rude b'havior, I mean' no disr'spect and seem to've read mal'ntent where there w's none. I 'ope f'r 'r next interaction to be 'n better ext'nuatin' circ'mstances. Not dragg'd outta bed by my tail." This last point is clearly directed at Lotus, though he doesn't look over or even emphasize the point, simply stating it as a normal fact like one would a delay due to traffic. He takes the card, gives it a glance, then sticks it in his pocket.

Karam starts to walk away, assuming they were done, but Lotus grabs the collar of his shirt effortlessly. He doesn't resist being pulled back over, just adding a slight sigh. Bored, Karam pulls out his phone and starts editing Lotus's phone's wallpaper in case she tries to get the agent's number while she talks to him. "Are there like open houses or something that we should come by during or do we just walk in while you're open? And can we get there from here? We don't have cars -We c'n take th' daybreak subway 'nd I'll bring my bike- But we'll be there for a while if they aren't open 24/7." Their back-and-forth exchange has a natural flow, no hesitation as if it were just automatic.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"I was one of the top shots at the Academy. I mean, my personal skills need a little bitta work, why?" Of course Roland seemed far more interested in going downtown than patrolling the Elementary School but Roland wasn't about to complain.
"Eh, call it me being curious, that's all...well that and your firearms safety is off," Merrick pointed as they pulled into the parking lot, though before he got out, he added, "Hey, I know you're a bit disappointed in where we have to patrol and don't lie, I can see it in your face. Tell you what: You want to tag along with me tomorrow? I'll be patrolling downtown in the shopping district."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You twisted my arm. I'll be there in fifteen. Seven out." the weasel sighs, starting his engine and dialling another number.
"Conduit HQ, this is Sparks." he says once his handler answers.
"I've received a call for help from another agent so I'm headed across to Savannah Central. Can you alert my eleven o'clock I'll be late?"

~~~~~~~~
Noticing the meerkat apparently in pain, Joe, the maitre d', pokes his head around the door.
"Um, excuse me, sir, are you okay? I saw you jump..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"You know, now that you say that, that makes way more sense than my idea." the cheetah admitted. "Wow, impressive Instructor Kamoshika. I hope to be just as good at climbing one day." The cheetah said as he seemed rather impressed by just how effortless and fluid she made the rock wall seem.
"It'll take plenty of practice," Chris told the class. "I grew up doing this. but pay attention to what I have to tell you, and you'll be well on your way. First, we need to get the boring stuff that can save your life out of the way."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

"Oh? Well I mean I'd have to work from here, and I suppose I turn in my articles the same way either or, so...." Dawn said as she playfully thought about it. Indeed while her home was Tundratown, she had enough work down here that she could see herself having being able to live here for the time being.

"I'll need your help to pack my things I'm going to stay here."

-----

After hearing the apologies from the two students the otter smiled. "Well we most certainly do. You're looking at the guy, anytime, anyplace. And you failed." He said as he chuckled, pointing fingers at the two in a gun like motion to say he gottem.

"All jokes aside as a matter of fact are you two familiar with Savannah Central Station? Well we're right at the last stop, we're at Savannah Central. It's the big federal looking building, probably taller than most of the other ones? You guys find that, walk on in and I'll see about interviewing you from there." Ace said.

------
"Ah shoot, musta slipped my mind at shootin practice this morning. If it makes you feel better, it ain't loaded. I keep clips here." The honey badger motioned to the other side of his belt, where indeed his ammo was kept.

"And I at least always make sure there ain't nothing in it when I leave." Though indeed the honey badger did click back the safety on the pistol.

"And sure I'd love to patrol with you tomorrow. I know everyday ain't all about crime fightin and all. It's the little things that matter that keep the folks here safe."

------

"Sparks this is Circuit HQ, we copy. We've seen the distress call from Conduit, we'll give your eleven o'clock to another operative while you help. It's important you help number Ten. We'll make this official, help Ten and bring her back to HQ for debrief, over." The call was indeed answered by HQ, and indeed by the sounds of things this was made into an official mission.

----

The meerkat was sort of struggling at the moment, he looked over, then up and then back over towards the voice he was hearing coming from the door. It sounded friendly so all the meerkat could think to say was. "All clear, perimeter secure! I mean, hello, my name is Ron!" He said speaking a bit louder than he actually would have liked to be speaking audibly but given his hearing had just been shot to the moon and back, the meerkat kind of didn't have anyway to figure out how loud he was talking, least out of one ear.

He began to motion for having a cup in his hand, like a mug of some sort and he put it to his mouth as he explained. "Do you serve coffee here? I, Ron, want coffee. When does this dining establishment open? I think I'm late for my meeting..." The meerkat clearly wasn't having the best of days.

----

"Well, if it only information that keeps me alive." He said as began to take note and the rest of the class looked on.
Last edited by GrimD@rk8290 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"Ah shoot, musta slipped my mind at shootin practice this morning. If it makes you feel better, it ain't loaded. I keep clips here." The honey badger motioned to the other side of his belt, where indeed his ammo was kept.

"And I at least always make sure there ain't nothing in it when I leave." Though indeed the honey badger did click back the safety on the pistol.

"And sure I'd love to patrol with you tomorrow. I know everyday ain't all about crime fightin and all. It's the little things that matter that keep the folks here safe."
"Well, try to be more mindful next time, 'kay?" Merrick said while they walked towards the school, "Now as for today, job is simple: You and me will be patrolling the halls and making sure everyone is safe (while making sure no kid is trying to skip class) and it'll be like that until the end of the day. One thing I like to do is pop into classes just to see how the kids are doing and what not. What school did you go to, if you don't me asking."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: After hearing the apologies from the two students the otter smiled. "Well we most certainly do. You're looking at the guy, anytime, anyplace. And you failed." He said as he chuckled, pointing fingers at the two in a gun like motion to say he gottem.
Lotus gives a soft, awkward laugh as she misses what seems to be a joke. She shoots a quick glance over to see if her friend has figured it out, but Karam just tilts his head to the side and gives the agent a confused look.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote: "All jokes aside as a matter of fact are you two familiar with Savannah Central Station? Well we're right at the last stop, we're at Savannah Central. It's the big federal looking building, probably taller than most of the other ones? You guys find that, walk on in and I'll see about interviewing you from there." Ace said.
Karam seems entertained by the line, confusion mixed with a small smile as he wonders if the agent knows where he is. "Really narr'win' it down, huh? 'T's 'n S'vannah C'ntral." He whispers as Lotus speaks purposefully over him "Oh, yeah! Most of our weekends start and end there, we travel the districts a lot. We sprung for the frequent-user passes. She grins as she reminisces briefly. As nocturnals running on a diurnal schedule, their sleep cycle basically consists of catnaps which made subway trips way better than driving; they could nap on the ride and be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in a couple hours. They tried to do as many different tourist events as they could each weekend, and that sleep cycle made Sahara Square so much more fun.

"S'we c'n prob'ly fin' it, map online 'f we 'ave to. Time though? 'Nd what sort'a stuff 're we needin' to bring? Walk 's through't." Karam stows his phone and crosses his arms, biting back another yawn. Lotus nods her agreement, interlocking her fingers behind her back as she idles and rocks slightly in place.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Bailey relaxed a little. "I can certainly help with that," he admitted. "Permission to hug, Dawn?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Understood. Sparks out." Ben answers, pulling away from the curb. It's not long before he's in Savannah Central, driving down Elm Street, eyes peeled for anything abnormal. Pulling over, he doesn't even have to try to be unobtrusive as he pretends to consult his street atlas. No one sees anything past the company logo on his car anyway. Tradesanimals are essentially invisible, especially so, ironically, when they're wearing hi-vis vests or coveralls as Ben is.

~~~~~~~~
"We open..."
Joe checks his watch and holds up five fingers, then four, three, two, one.
"Right now! Come on in!" he grins, flipping the sign to "OPEN" and holding the door for the meerkat as a waiter flips on the front of house lights.
"What's your poison? Want a sandwich or a cup of soup to take to that meeting?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: "Well, if it only information that keeps me alive." He said as began to take note and the rest of the class looked on.
"the most important piece of safety equipment is the ropes," Chris explained, tugging on her ropes. "They're the difference between falling a couple feet and falling all the way to the ground.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

"Well of course, I got a question? How'd a cop end up being what amounts to a hall monitor at an elementary school?" Roland seemed rather confused as to why they were patrolling the halls of an elementary school rather than say a certain part of the district for crime.

"I mean don't they have security guards for that kind of thing?" Roland asked, not trying to sound ungrateful but indeed a bit confused as to where they were patrolling today. He of coursed asked this before heading inside.

------

"Savannah Central Station....it's the train line that goes to Savannah Central. I know it confused me first when I first used the train system around these parts." Ace reiterated before going on.

It's the last line in the station going from the Oasis Hotel in Sahara Square to, well Savannah Central. Can't miss the building though, got ZISA all over it." Ace looked between the two of them handing them a map of the cities subway systems listing all the stops and where.

And as for your question, yeah you guys should bring whatever work you thinks relevant, if you're good at something you gotta sell us on it." The otter smiled professionally giving his paw out for a shake. "I imagine I'll see you two later today?"

------

"Yes, Bailey, but we're going to need a bigger apartment if I want to move in." Bailey said simply as she opened her arms for the hug she was about to receive from her newfound roommate.

----

A copper colored weasel with black markings on her muzzle and neck came out from behind a certain alley nearby, in company uniform, and she walked with a little bit of a limp in her step. She was wearing a standard set of overalls though the fact she borrowed a certain someone's uniform was clearly apparent. Her greens eyes easily distinguished the company vehicle from other vehicles in the area.
"Hey there Sparky boy..." She said as she placed her tools down and looked at Ben.

"Were you followed?" She asked, leaning against the car.

------

Ron saw the fingers count down to one and then he winced, as if he expected to be hit. He noticed of course, that he was still in one piece, as he smiled. "Sorry, habit. Ron of course heard the phrasing...and he glared at the chef before him trying to get a read. It was fortunate though that Ron was wearing the signature ZISA glasses that kept the guy from being able to see that Ron was seriously judging him right now. He couldn't help but smile at the thought of food, poisoned or not as his stomach grumbled.

"Well, what kind of sandwiches and soups do you have? I might have a small bit of both. How much for a cup of coffee?" Ron of course casually strutted inside his hearing having somewhat returned to normalcy.

-----

"What kind of ropes is the best? Does nylon work or is a more traditional rope more affective?" Chris heard a question from one of the fellow students.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nope. Well, just by a white Subaroo sedan but he lost interest when I went into a diner to ask directions to an address in the Rainforest district and helped the waitress change a lightbulb. Hop in and let's get out of here before someone shows. We can talk on the road."
"So you're Conduit. Nice to finally put a face to the voice." he says once she's in his truck.

~~~~~~~~
"How about I show you the menu? The Soup du Jour is a spicy seafood laksa topped with prawns and the Sandwich Special for today is a Cheesy Veggie-Ball Sub. Then of course we have all our regular offerings as you can see here. Coffee starts at two ninety five for a regular-size drip coffee and goes up from there." Joe explains, leading the meerkat to a table and offering him a chair and menu.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, he was asking them to swap for a bigger place," Bailey said, before enveloping Dawn in a warm, affectionate, hug.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"Well of course, I got a question? How'd a cop end up being what amounts to a hall monitor at an elementary school?" Roland seemed rather confused as to why they were patrolling the halls of an elementary school rather than say a certain part of the district for crime.

"I mean don't they have security guards for that kind of thing?" Roland asked, not trying to sound ungrateful but indeed a bit confused as to where they were patrolling today. He of coursed asked this before heading inside.
"I used to be the security guard for the school back in my hometown so, when I transferred here, I asked if I could continue the security work and they allowed me. Mind you, I still do my fair share of patrols but, most of the time, I do security work. As for your other question...heh the guy who called in sick is the security guard for this school in particular," Merrick replied as they walked into the main office to report in, but not before leaning in and whispering, "When we get to lunch, remind me to get you one of the cookies here. The lunch ladies make some of the best cookies in the world."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: "Savannah Central Station....it's the train line that goes to Savannah Central. I know it confused me first when I first used the train system around these parts." Ace reiterated before going on.

It's the last line in the station going from the Oasis Hotel in Sahara Square to, well Savannah Central. Can't miss the building though, got ZISA all over it." Ace looked between the two of them handing them a map of the cities subway systems listing all the stops and where.

And as for your question, yeah you guys should bring whatever work you thinks relevant, if you're good at something you gotta sell us on it." The otter smiled professionally giving his paw out for a shake. "I imagine I'll see you two later today?"
"...or don', whatev'r." Karam mumbles as the agent concludes his spiel. Lotus gives him a quick glare as she moves up to shake Ace's paw, cheerfully replying "The odds are in your favor. What time are you done here? We might take the ride back with you, show you around campus on the walk if that sounds fun. Karam brings his handpaws to his face, pressing his palms against his eyes with a soft groan as he realizes Lotus is actually interested, not just faking it for business connections. He decides he's had enough, and that should Lotus continue to stand here and talk she can come find him. She'd be just as tired if she actually did the work for her studies.
All the characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"What kind of ropes is the best? Does nylon work or is a more traditional rope more affective?" Chris heard a question from one of the fellow students.
"definitely Nylon,"Chris explained. "traditional rope is rough, so you'll get more friction on the clips and slow you down. Plus it's pretty rigid, so it'll hurt when it stops your fall. Nylon stretches more and disperses the energy."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Conduit happily hopped into the truck. "You look rather, handsome in person." Conduit said as she buckled in. "So your agent 7 huh? Honestly I thought you'd be....taller." She said, as she chuckled before looking back at her raising up her wrist and looking at her watch. The weasel made sure to look around before easing up her guard.

"I'm sure you know ..." She said as she looked over towards Ben, a sense of worry in her voice, not really sure how to continue. "I think we have a problem on our paws."

-----
"Did you say seafood? I love seafood. Do you have a non posi- I mean not so spicy verion of that seafood laksa? And if it wouldn't be too much of a bother, could I have all that in a to go box?" Ron asked, not really looking Joe directly, but trying to be curtious nonetheless. The meerkat had learned how to talk to people while keeping an out for danger, and given what he'd just heard in the last minute or two boy was Ron ever paying attention. His eyes met Joes again before he looked down.

"Shall I wait to be seated or does it matter? I know some places are picky." He noted.

-----

Dawn hugged Bailey back as she smiled. "I'd sure hope so. I mean, This place looks barely big enough for you." Dawn noted.

----

"Yeah but then why not be a security guard? Wait...did you say cookies?" Roland asked as he looked behind him to check to see if anyone was listening.

-----

"Actually we're about to wrap up the job fair in a few moments. Well if you're wondering what the interviews gonna be like then, just keep in the mind there will be a field test. I may take you up on that offer sometime, but today I'm kinda busy but if you guys think you're ready..." Ace said as he looked back at the rhino who was his bodyguard. He withdrew the keys from his pocket.

"I can take you to the station to get prepared for your interview?"

-----

It seems no one else had any questions, but many of the students seemed eager and ready for Chris to continue. Many seemed to get the information just presented and seemed to nod their head in understanding.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:"Yeah but then why not be a security guard? Wait...did you say cookies?" Roland asked as he looked behind him to check to see if anyone was listening.
Merrick smirked as he held up two fingers, "I have two positions here: Security and Police Work," before adding, "Yep. You may of had cookies before, but you ain't NEVER had any like these! Trust me on that."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: "Actually we're about to wrap up the job fair in a few moments. Well if you're wondering what the interviews gonna be like then, just keep in the mind there will be a field test. I may take you up on that offer sometime, but today I'm kinda busy but if you guys think you're ready..." Ace said as he looked back at the rhino who was his bodyguard. He withdrew the keys from his pocket.

"I can take you to the station to get prepared for your interview?"
Karam's eyes go wide as he immediately starts to protest, managing only "Lo-That sounds great!" He's clearly annoyed, his tail twitching erratically, but he doesn't say anything immediately. Lotus continues "But I really need to change if we're looking at a field test, and Karam here's best with his own mobile workspace." She grins at him. She knew he didn't want to go straight there, and a small smile shows on his face as he rolls his eyes. She's still pushing the interview, but at least he can stop by his room first.

"Can we meet you at the station? Karam will sleep on the ride." He shrugs and nods, eyelids drooping. "That're I'm goin'a bed and we'll come by in some hours're so."
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Conduit happily hopped into the truck. "You look rather, handsome in person." Conduit said as she buckled in. "So your agent 7 huh? Honestly I thought you'd be....taller." She said, as she chuckled before looking back at her raising up her wrist and looking at her watch. The weasel made sure to look around before easing up her guard.

"I'm sure you know ..." She said as she looked over towards Ben, a sense of worry in her voice, not really sure how to continue. "I think we have a problem on our paws."
"Well, I am sitting down." Ben quips, pulling away from the curb.
"But yeah, I gathered that. HQ has given me full clearance to work with you all day so something's clearly up. So... Talk to me. What's going on?"

~~~~~~~~
"Sure, we can do that for you. And feel free to sit wherever you like. We're not busy yet, nor big on formality. What kind of coffee did you want?" Joe asks, poking buttons on his till.

~~~~~~~~
"Order in! One Special Laksa, mild spice!" Jannali calls in the kitchen as the receipt prints out.
"One Special Laksa, mild spice!" Pete the koala answers, grabbing a small saucepan.
"How's that batch of rolls coming, Danni?"
"All done, Chef!" the wombat answers, removing a large tray from the oven.
"Excellent! Good work!"
"Thank you, Chef!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:40 am It seems no one else had any questions, but many of the students seemed eager and ready for Chris to continue. Many seemed to get the information just presented and seemed to nod their head in understanding.
"Now, the Ropes are most important, but they don't do much if they aren't tied to anything," Chris explained. "That's where Carabiners come in." She held up a carabiner
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hey," Bailey protested, chuckling, "I'm not that messy!" Without thinking, he gave Dawn a soft kiss on the cheek as he was about to release her from the embrace. His brain caught up with him several seconds later. "Um...," he said, trying to figure out the words...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

"So you do both police work and security work? Like are you working two jobs or do they just let you do this as your spot?" Roland asked before giving the wolf a rather genuine grin.

"I'll have to take your word on that. My grandma used to make the most amazing cookies, so I'll be judge of that."

-----

"Take your time. I'll be in my office for most of the day looking over applications, even yours. So if you want to take the time to get ready, you can. I've got all day. Make a time to meet me at the station, and I'll be there." Ace replied to both Karam and Lotus. It was slightly past 10 am.

-----

"Sparks, It's complicated......but I'll try to explain this best I can." Conduit said as she looked rubbed the back of her head a bit nervously though she held her paw with a pen recorder. She handed it out to give to Sparks.

We're dealing with an activist group, from Southside. Affiliate themselves with the Cultural Traditionalist Movement. Some of the members have taken the philosophy a bit too seriously and I think tomorrow they're going to make their move." Of course the Cultural Traditionalist Movement believed in seperating prey and predator and living how their ancestors did. It was one of the less common, less approved political opinions of the city but there were a few who wanted to preds and prey to return to the natural order of things.

------

"Do you have iced coffee? I could use some iced coffee. Last time I had hot coffee, wowsers I learned that lesson when in a hurry." Ron said as he gave a soft chuckle before moving over to sit at the counter closest to what he assumed was the kitchen.

------

"What do those hook onto? Wouldn't it be hard to hook those onto solid rock?" One of the group asked.

-----

Dawn blushed. "It's fine just...." She sighed as she gave him a kiss on the cheek as well. "Try not to do that while we're working."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:08 pm "So you do both police work and security work? Like are you working two jobs or do they just let you do this as your spot?" Roland asked before giving the wolf a rather genuine grin.

"I'll have to take your word on that. My grandma used to make the most amazing cookies, so I'll be judge of that."
"They let me do this as my spot," Merrick said, "As long as I keep up with my other work, they're fine with me doing this. But to keep it fair for the other guards, I only do security work here every other week."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I see. And it's up to us to stop them single-pawedly." Ben nods.
"Whatcha got there? I can't really look while I'm driving."

~~~~~~~~
"Sure. D'you want whipped cream and sprinkles?" Joe asks, entering the drink into his till so the barrister can make it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:08 pm "Take your time. I'll be in my office for most of the day looking over applications, even yours. So if you want to take the time to get ready, you can. I've got all day. Make a time to meet me at the station, and I'll be there." Ace replied to both Karam and Lotus. It was slightly past 10 am.
"Sounds like a plan! We'll be by--with'n th' hour. 'f'I wan'ed sleep I wouldn' be maj'rin' in a programmin' fiel'. Still, I do need m' stuff." The caracal pair look at each other and nod, Lotus still beaming while Karam bites down another yawn. "Thanks for your time!" Karam immediately starts to head for the door, leaving behind Lotus who opted to give a small parting bow. She notices and jogs after him, the two reconnecting just outside.

"So, Karam..." Lotus prompts as they walk back to his dorm room. He grunts something vaguely curious, leading her to continue "You're considering this, right?" The male shrugs lazily as the yawn catches up to him. "But... you're at least keeping an open mind, right?" He sighs, responding "Lotus, 'm not abou'ta let'cha run inta danger withou' prop'r backup. 'f tha' means joinin', whatever. 'f there's better people, they c'n do it. Sound good?" A tired thumbs-up and his nearly shut eyes beg for no further questioning, leading Lotus to just nod "Yeah, alright. I can live with that." "Tha's th' point." Lotus gives a single laugh, then gives him a quick wave as they split up.

Karam makes his way up to his room easily, snatching his messenger bag, throwing his headphone band into his pocket, and sinking his teeth into an apple to keep himself awake and ward off more talk. Lotus quickly swaps into her normal attire, far more mobile, and snags her own wireless Bluetooth clip-on earbuds in case she has to show off some of her free-running. The two meet up at the entrance, making their way to the subway station and giving it a few minutes' search to see if they managed to keep up with (or even get ahead of) the agent.
All the characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:08 pm "What do those hook onto? Wouldn't it be hard to hook those onto solid rock?" One of the group asked.
"Well, that depends on where you're climbing," Chris explained. "If you're on a popular climbing course, there'll be hooks already in the rocks, and you hook them onto those. But if you're going for traditional, or 'trad', climbing you need to find cracks to fasten your own hooks into."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Absolutely, Dawn," Bailey said, having enjoyed the kiss. He gave a wry grin. "Suppose I'd better go get a shirt on or something, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

"Oh so you do security work and you patrol the spot? Well it sure sounds like you got your paws full for the most part. Still, every other week doesn't sound too bad, I reckon." Ronald admited as he looked back up at his partner.

What's on the agenda for today? Just securin the school? Sounds pretty easy if ya ask me."

-----

"It's a recorder. Listen to this..." She pressed the play button, allowing the audio to play out in the car.

*"But isn't that where the mayor holding that meeting in a few days?

Sounds of Conduit working on things were picked up.

"Yeah, and that's when we'll strike. This vision of illusion of Zootopia... of predators and prey living together. We'll show them what-*

She pressed the stop button, looking over at Ben. "And looks like it's just us. Every other Agent is out on call. It's why they sent me out in the first place." She said.

-------

"Whip cream and maybe some caramel drizzled on top. I'm feeling daring today." Ron said as he waited at the bar on a stool, closest to the kitchen. He was keeping an eye but given that the ZISA agent had come so early, not many other customers were in the store at the time.

----
The Agent ended up getting back in his car, a sleek albeit smaller vehicle than some of the other mammals on the road. He managed to see the bakery across the street. On his way to the station he passed a book store, a Grubby's Eatery and a few others thing. However, when he arrived at station he found that his two appointments had just managed to beat him. "Wow, on time. That's impressive. Well, next stop is Savannah Central. Ace said as he stepped onto the train.

---

"Which one of those will we be learning on?" One of the students asked Chris.

----

"Yeah I suppose you should, Bailey. Can't go out for a date without one." Dawn said as she giggled a bit.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:31 am "Oh so you do security work and you patrol the spot? Well it sure sounds like you got your paws full for the most part. Still, every other week doesn't sound too bad, I reckon." Ronald admited as he looked back up at his partner.
"Pretty much," Merrick replied, "I don't expect there to be too much trouble today." As they began their patrol, starting in the Kindergarten wing, Merrick looked at Ronald, "So what made you want to join the ZPD?"
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:31 am The Agent ended up getting back in his car, a sleek albeit smaller vehicle than some of the other mammals on the road. He managed to see the bakery across the street. On his way to the station he passed a book store, a Grubby's Eatery and a few others thing. However, when he arrived at station he found that his two appointments had just managed to beat him. "Wow, on time. That's impressive. Well, next stop is Savannah Central. Ace said as he stepped onto the train.
The caracals wave at the agent as he makes himself known, one energetically and the other with the force of a passing breeze. He doesn't say a word, just gives the agent a further nod as he steps on and collapses into a seat. Almost immediately his eyes fall shut, the apple still stuck between his jaws. Though his ear tufts flick slightly, his drooped head lies on his computer bag and shows no further sign of consciousness. Lotus instead allows a moment to pass before she sits beside him, a crooked smile on her face as she comments "Well, they say eighty percent of life is showing up. Better make sure you're doing that much right." She smiles happily and lays back in her spot, muscles relaxing as she leans against Karam's exhausted form. "Sorry about him though. I can fill him in later if you need to talk about anything important. He probably knows more about you all than I do anyway though!" She concludes cheerfully. Lotus then reaches over and snaps the rest of the apple out of Karam's mouth, causing it to fall shut as she takes a bite herself. He mumbles something quietly, chewing on the bite he has before swallowing and drifting back off to sleep.
All the characters!