Non HPU: Zootopia

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderator: Serence Frostbite

User avatar
SeanWolf
Game Master
Posts: 1983
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by SeanWolf »

As Merrick continued to eat, he watches as the people attending the fair go about the day and enjoy themselves. "You know," he thinks to himself in-between bites, "If I wasn't on duty, I would love to try my luck at one of the games here and try to win something." Finishing the meal up and making sure he threw everything away, he goes back to his patrolling of the fair-grounds, making sure everyone is safe and enjoying themselves.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21005
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

[email protected] wrote:"Absolutely. Given the population of predators, and the climate I think Tundratown has the best fish cuisine you could ask of almost any district." Dawn stated matter of factly before looking over at Bailey.
"Oh, I hadn't heard that," Rick replied. "I guess i don't talk food with many predators. or read much about predator cuisine."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11591
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

[email protected] wrote:"Speaking of games, Bailey, do you see anything that catches your eye?" Dawn asked.
Bailey looked back at Dawn and smiled gently. "For the past while, Dawn," he said. "Was I 2-1 up in games on the ten pin bowling," he asked.
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21005
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Pecan wrote:Tim was taking the final few bites of his meal as he though about what he should do after this. Looking around, he realized he actually recognized a face in the booth besides Jannali's. Waving he gave a call of "Hey, Rick!"
"oh, hey Tim," the dik-dik replied. "what's up?"
----------
Hlaoroo wrote:"It's like the rush you get barehanding, only safer!" Ben agrees as he climbs off the ride, referring to a technique which allows electricians to safely work with high voltage equipment by charging themselves to the same electrical potential as the live wires. It's the same principle that allows birds to perch on power lines.
"So, where shall we go next, Chris?" he asks, leading the serow out of the danger zone so the next riders can board.
"well, not much is gonna top that, but we could try the zipper," Chris replied, pointing to another ride.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"well, not much is gonna top that, but we could try the zipper," Chris replied, pointing to another ride.
Gameb18oy wrote:Ben might pick up on a young ferret dashing around near the ride looking for something... or perhaps not as it wasn’t like he was easy to spot amongst the many larger people who were still in line for the ride... there likely were a few flares from those who realized he was supposed to be helping running the things
"Honestly," Ben laughs, "I think anything is going to be a disappointment aft-oof!"
He stops as a ferret slams into him.
"Hey, you okay there?" he asks the smaller mustelid.

~~~~~~~~
SeanWolf wrote:Chuckling, Merrick takes the napkin and thanks them saying "Don't worry, it happens to everyone. Between you and me, even if I had a napkin, I still probably would've missed my mouth" before wiping the mess off his uniform.
"Well, I just hope you're a better aim with that stun gun than you are with your spoon." Jannali jokes before heading back to her booth. She thanks the cop has he deposits his trash in the receptacle near her sign and waves him off as he goes back to his duties.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Gameb18oy
Game Master
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"well, not much is gonna top that, but we could try the zipper," Chris replied, pointing to another ride.
Gameb18oy wrote:Ben might pick up on a young ferret dashing around near the ride looking for something... or perhaps not as it wasn’t like he was easy to spot amongst the many larger people who were still in line for the ride... there likely were a few flares from those who realized he was supposed to be helping running the things
"Honestly," Ben laughs, "I think anything is going to be a disappointment aft-oof!"
He stops as a ferret slams into him.
"Hey, you okay there?" he asks the smaller mustelid.
Miles seems a little dazed, having unintentionally been knocked to the ground. “ow! Watch where you’re goin-“ the Ferret blinked, recognizing that he was talking to a weasel... the gears started turning as he pulled himself up. ”... um, I’m fine... is your name Ben perhaps? I’ve been looking for you if so”

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It is indeed. What can I do for you?" the weasel smiles, making sure the ferret is okay.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
SeanWolf
Game Master
Posts: 1983
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by SeanWolf »

"Not too much going on today, but honestly that's fine with me," Merrick thinks to himself as he continued his rounds, "Sometimes it's great to have one day with nobody doing anything stupid..." Though that thought soon dissipated as he spotted, from what he was able to catch, someone running into someone else and falling. With a sigh and the thought of "Hopefully it's not too bad...", Merrick walks over to the scene in question and, as he arrives, he asks the folks there "Everything OK?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Gameb18oy
Game Master
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote:"It is indeed. What can I do for you?" the weasel smiles, making sure the ferret is okay.
He gave no indication he was not so. "I was told I should find you if I wanted to see about a job at the rec center."

[email protected]
Game Master
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by [email protected] »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Oh, I hadn't heard that," Rick replied. "I guess i don't talk food with many predators. or read much about predator cuisine."
"I think it's all about perception Rick. Your interest in predator cuisine is much like how I would feel talking to you about the kind of cuisine you eat. It isn't necessary for my survival, and your contact with preds is probably on a need to do basis am I right?" She asked Rick, looking over at him with a slight smile.


"But if I asked I'm sure you could tell me all about the hottest food spot in your hometown."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Bailey looked back at Dawn and smiled gently. "For the past while, Dawn," he said. "Was I 2-1 up in games on the ten pin bowling," he asked.

She looked back at Bailey with an interest. "Bowling huh? Is that the game you want to play right now?"
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11591
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Bailey said softly, "I always figured we'd be better teamed." Now having shifted to be sitting beside her, he 'allowed' his fingers to touch hers on the table.
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

Pecan
Game Master
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Idahoof

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Pecan »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:oh, hey Tim," the dik-dik replied. "what's up?"
"Not much," Timmy answered. He brought his (now empty) plate with him as moved to a spot closer to the familiar face as he continued. "Just stopped in for a bite from Jannali to say hi to her. Yourself?"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

Gameb18oy wrote:He gave no indication he was not so. "I was told I should find you if I wanted to see about a job at the rec center."
"Ah. I'm sorry to say you've been misinformed." Ben really does look sorry.
"I don't actually work for the rec centre. I'm just a contractor who does electrical work and who sometimes volunteers to help out around the place. Jim is the boss and the one you'd want to talk to. He's the rhino in the Rec Centre shirt which barely stretches to cover his chest. You can't miss him."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21005
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah. I'm sorry to say you've been misinformed." Ben really does look sorry.
"I don't actually work for the rec centre. I'm just a contractor who does electrical work and who sometimes volunteers to help out around the place. Jim is the boss and the one you'd want to talk to. He's the rhino in the Rec Centre shirt which barely stretches to cover his chest. You can't miss him."
"Though I can probably put in a good word for you if you're looking to get an instructor position," Chris chimed in. "I actually do work here. but you'd have to show me what you got, first."
-------
[email protected] wrote: "I think it's all about perception Rick. Your interest in predator cuisine is much like how I would feel talking to you about the kind of cuisine you eat. It isn't necessary for my survival, and your contact with preds is probably on a need to do basis am I right?" She asked Rick, looking over at him with a slight smile.


"But if I asked I'm sure you could tell me all about the hottest food spot in your hometown."
"Oh, that'd be my mom's kitchen," Rick quipped. "the local diner wasn't the best and it was the only restaurant."
Pecan wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:oh, hey Tim," the dik-dik replied. "what's up?"
"Not much," Timmy answered. He brought his (now empty) plate with him as moved to a spot closer to the familiar face as he continued. "Just stopped in for a bite from Jannali to say hi to her. Yourself?"
"Oh, I'm just showing my new friends here around. They wanted to know where to get good food, and I knew just where to come.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

Pecan
Game Master
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Idahoof

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Pecan »

"Well, I'm certain that Jannali will appreciate the recommendation," Timmy agreed, as he turned to the other two at the table. "Speaking of, I should probably introduce myself." He offers his paw to each girl as he continues. "Timothy Cotton. Yourselves?"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11591
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Bailey took the offered paw in one of his large meat hooks. "Bailey Jackson," he announced. "Local new Cat about town. Dawn here's a friend from college," he added slyly, "and I think I'm making several people jealous by standing next to her," he continued in a mock whisper.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

[email protected]
Game Master
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by [email protected] »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "Oh, that'd be my mom's kitchen," Rick quipped. "the local diner wasn't the best and it was the only restaurant."
"See? I think we can all agree most of us have a bias to our parents cooking. Most of us anyway, can't speak for everyone....why when I was younger I swear my mom made the best Trout stew south side of Tundra." Dawn said before looking back over at Bailey.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Bailey said softly, "I always figured we'd be better teamed." Now having shifted to be sitting beside her, he 'allowed' his fingers to touch hers on the table.
She held Bailey's paw in hers unashamedly before looking at the newcomer to the table, a rabbit by the looks of it.
Pecan wrote:"Well, I'm certain that Jannali will appreciate the recommendation," Timmy agreed, as he turned to the other two at the table. "Speaking of, I should probably introduce myself." He offers his paw to each girl as he continues. "Timothy Cotton. Yourselves?"
She cleared her throat, before reintroducing herself. "Names Dawn, Dawn Faraday, and I see you've already met my friend from college Bailey." She also introduced her paw to Timothy's to shake.

"Nice to meet a rabbit I didn't want to eat for once." She put up a small giggle, obviously a play on the fact that she was an arctic fox, and like many foxes...they used to hunt bunnies.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

Once the ferret has been sent on his way, the weasel turns back to the serow.
"Right. So. What's next, Chris?" he asks, rubbing his paws together in anticipation.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21005
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:Once the ferret has been sent on his way, the weasel turns back to the serow.
"Right. So. What's next, Chris?" he asks, rubbing his paws together in anticipation.
"I think we were gonna try the Zipper," Chris reminded him.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11591
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Bailey Jackson," Bailey remarked, not quite holding out his free hand as Dawn was first in line. "Reminds me, I should book a ticket for something later..."
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

Pecan
Game Master
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Idahoof

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Pecan »

"Pleased to meet you both, Bailey and Dawn." Timmy shakes both offered paws in turn, smiling all the while. "Allow me to be the first to welcome you to food heaven." He looks around in a exaggeratedly shifty manner, and with one paw by his mouth, mock whispers, "Make sure you take extra napkins. They're great for cleaning up the drool after you smell the food."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I think we were gonna try the Zipper," Chris reminded him.
"Oh, right! I hope you have a strong stomach! You're gonna need it!" Ben grins, picking a path through the crowds.
"Come to think of it, I hope all four of your stomachs are strong!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

[email protected]
Game Master
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by [email protected] »

Pecan wrote:"Pleased to meet you both, Bailey and Dawn." Timmy shakes both offered paws in turn, smiling all the while. "Allow me to be the first to welcome you to food heaven." He looks around in a exaggeratedly shifty manner, and with one paw by his mouth, mock whispers, "Make sure you take extra napkins. They're great for cleaning up the drool after you smell the food."
"Well I'd be lying if I said that didn't surprise me. The food here at these seasonal fairs can be so hit or miss sometimes and I am glad I chose to eat here." Dawn seemed rather happy withg her meal as she smiled at Tom.

"Hard to think pof what could be that, right Bailey?" She asked as she looked over at her reacquainted friend.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21005
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Oh, right! I hope you have a strong stomach! You're gonna need it!" Ben grins, picking a path through the crowds.
"Come to think of it, I hope all four of your stomachs are strong!"
"every part of me is strong," the serow bragged.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"every part of me is strong," the serow bragged.
"You got that right!" Ben quips, holding his nose with one paw and waving the other in front of his face.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

[email protected]
Game Master
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by [email protected] »

THE NEXT DAY....

The Savannah Central district of Zootopia was as busy as ever. Recovering from the festivities of the Fall Equinox festival, the districts more normal day to day had begun a new. For most this meant going back to their regular lives. Dawn, for instance had spent the night of course with Bailey at his apartment, and while Rick visited, Dawn had assumed the dik-dik had gone home to his place. She had gotten some rest, though the familiar click clack of her laptop meant even in the early morning Dawn was busy at work writing about her time spent at the festival for the Howling Herald. She was rather concentrated on her work, and hadn't noticed Bailey was already up.

---

A familiar sound could be heard on Ben's bluetooth device over his ear, a ding he was more than a little familiar with. "Sparks, this is Conduit, do you copy?" A familiar voice of course to the weasel. The voice behind the call was far from unfamiliar to the electrician.

----

Merrick was of course at his normal stomping grounds when he saw a familiar squad car pull up. An unfamiliar honey badger walked out of the police car towards the wolf, fully fledged in a new Zootopia Police Department uniform. "You're Merrick, right?" The honey badger called looking at the wolf up and down. "It's me, Ronald. Your new partner?"

----

The Savannah Rec Center was business as usual, with the various classes being set up for the day. Classes were about to start and some of the students there were anxious to start the day.

-----

Nearby the Savannah Central University, a job fair had opened up on campus. Many of the local jobs, but some of the federal law enforcement agencies had come in full swing ready to recruit. A few booths were the local ZPD but one small booth in particular held the letters ZISA. The Zootopian Intelligence and Surveilance Agency, while it's some of it's more special operations were secretive in nature the job of a ZISA agent was far from public secret. Counter intelligence, and detecting espionage and subterfuge was the game for ZISA. Over at the booth a rather big rhino was standing guard and in uniform but manning the actual booth was a dark chocolate otter. He seemed to be looking bored for the most, and wore a black suit, with an official ZISA badge and a pair of sunglasses.

The small mammal was on top of the table with the pamphlets and borchures but really who wanted to hear about all that?
Last edited by [email protected] on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4

User avatar
SeanWolf
Game Master
Posts: 1983
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by SeanWolf »

[email protected] wrote:Merrick was of course at his normal stomping grounds when he saw a familiar squad car pull up. An unfamiliar honey badger walked out of the police car towards the wolf, fully fledged in a new Zootopia Police Department uniform. "You're Merrick, right?" The honey badger called looking at the wolf up and down. "It's me, Ronald. You're new partner?"
"Ah, Ronald!" Merrick answered after taking a swig from a bottle of soda he purchased, "Yeah, Chief told me I'd be getting a partner today and it looks like you're ready to rock and roll with the big boys now, eh?" he of course chuckled at his little joke before continuing, "So, you ready to patrol the streets with me?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by DdeeStar »

Lotus and Karam finally reach the job fair, his gait a stumbling wander following her confident strut. She's dressed impeccably in a deep red pantsuit, whereas Karam is in his normal T-shirt and jeans, the "Roll for Initiative" decal on the shirt ironic since he's barely awake. She gets up early for one sport or another every season, but he doesn't wake up before noon if he can avoid it. They, as usual, make quite an outstanding pair; she at least tried to make him look nice. Thankfully they left the hats at home.

Having quickly scanned the room for points of interest, Lotus leads the two-cat party directly to the ZISA stand. She turns her attention to the otter, giving him a small wave and a calm "Hello! I'm Lotus Amari. What have we here?" Though she clearly is only here for Karam to learn, he's looking at the guard. Not with malicious intent of course, just a simple curiosity as to what he expects he's guarding for.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

The codenames are right but the voice is unfamiliar. With little time to think, Ben decides to plead ignorance.
"I'm sorry, I think you might have the wrong number." he answers as he tosses his lunch box and thermos onto the back seat of his truck.
"You've called Ben from ZAP Electrical."

~~~~~~~~
After running a couple of laps around the block and digging her front door free of the sand that had blown in front of it during the night, Jannali takes a cool shower to freshen up and then fixes herself a simple but nutritious and tasty breakfast. She downs a couple of pills to keep her seizures under control, brushes her teeth and then walks down to the subway station, planning the day's menu as she goes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11591
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Bailey had filed story from his laptop last night, after working in his room for a solid hour after Dawn had taken the spare room. His parents had bought this apartment and had insisted on it having two bedrooms in case they ever wanted to visit so it had made sense to invite Dawn to spend last night there, rather than trek all the way back to Tundratown.

But now, the next morning, he'd partially forgotten Dawn was here, although he did have an idea he should ask her to move in and save her rent money when he next met her. It was why he was only wearing the bottom half of a pair of pyjamas when he left his room to make breakfast. It was only when making breakfast that he realised what he'd forgotten. "Good morning, Dawn," he asked, after doubling up the foods in the frying pan, "are you up for some breakfast?"
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

[email protected]
Game Master
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by [email protected] »

"Am I ready?" Roland asked before puffing out his chest. "Is Ronald Roland McScruffy ready?! Yeah I'm ready, let's do this!" He had apparently just woken up, and after of course jumping up to give the much bigger wolf a high five he managed to curb his excitement.

"I wasn't born ready for nothing." He said as he started to look around. "So where is your car?"

-----

The agent seemingly sprung to life surprised that anyone had even bothered to show up at his stand. Most every one else was interested in other things other than national defense. The otter read Karam's shirt before giving a sly. "Initiative? You better roll for insight against my charisma today, kid." He chuckled at his little joke, of course before looking over at Lotus. He puffed his chest out, straightening up his uniform before he gave a soft cough into his paw to clear his throat.

"We're the Zootopian Intelligence and Surveillance Agency, codename ZISA and our mission is to protect the little guy from threats both outside and within our fair city. You know the camera's the mayor uses to monitor the city? That's our tech." he said as he proudly looked at both Lotus and Karam.

"Names Arthur. Though you can call me Ace, and this here is my appointed bodyguard for the evening. He doesn't talk much." He gestured to the rather big rhino next to him.

----

"Agent Designation Numbers 228B22, Field Number 7 this is Agent designated 082A90, my field number is 10. Sparks, This is Rebecca, from accounting." Of course she wasn't giving Ben's numbers over the phone but she knew the line they were on was encrypted.

-----

A blush could be seen on Dawn's face when she saw Bailey. She had just pressed send, and her article was on her way to being reviewed by the Howling Herald. "Bailey, hey...I had no idea you were up. What time is it?" She asked before the smell of breakfast hit her nose, and before she could really ever think of him answering his question, a big rumble from her stomach was a big yes to breakfast and all the encouragement she needed to eat.

"What are you cooking? It smells great. I think I'd love to have some breakfast at this point." She mentioned.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11591
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Bailey gave her an honest smile. "Oh," he breezed, "it's just the usual fry up. Substitute Bacon, Sausages and eggs... I still don't know how they substitute those? with Mushrooms." He took a breath and decided that sooner would be better than later to broach the subject. "I was, um, wondering," he asked as the food sizzled away, "how... how much is your rent in Tundra? Oh! And did the Aircon work well enough?"
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21005
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

[email protected] wrote:The Savannah Rec Center was business as usual, with the various classes being set up for the day. Classes were about to start and some of the students there were anxious to start the day.
Chris was doing some last minute equipment checks before her class starts. can't have a student's harness breaking if they fall. once she was confident in their safety, she turned to her new students.
"gooood morning, new climbers. my name is instructor Kamoshika, you can call me whatever as long as it's not "Ms Kamoshika". So, Who's ready to conquer nature's second greatest barrier?"
---------------
Rick had the day off from the bookstore. normally he'd have slept in, but his body decided that wasn't gonna happen, so he decided to do some writing. but after a few hours he hadn't even managed to get a page's worth of new ideas. He needed inspiration. he could check out the job fair for some ideas, or just go somewhere and people watch.
but first, his loudly growling stomach told him he'd forgotten to eat yet today. what better place to people watch for at least the length of a meal than Jannali's. so the dik-dik grabbed a notepad and pencil and headed out.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by DdeeStar »

[email protected] wrote: The agent seemingly sprung to life surprised that anyone had even bothered to show up at his stand. Most every one else was interested in other things other than national defense. The otter read Karam's shirt before giving a sly. "Initiative? You better roll for insight against my charisma today, kid." He chuckled at his little joke, of course before looking over at Lotus. He puffed his chest out, straightening up his uniform before he gave a soft cough into his paw to clear his throat.
Karam glances over at the agent as he realizes he's being addressed, and gives a similar small laugh at the joke. "No persuasion bonus, huh? Don' feel bad, I got nothin' for Wisdom." Lotus, not breaking eye contact, gives an awkward laugh and then physically puts Karam between the two of them, her watching over his shoulder.
[email protected] wrote: "We're the Zootopian Intelligence and Surveillance Agency, codename ZISA and our mission is to protect the little guy from threats both outside and within our fair city. You know the camera's the mayor uses to monitor the city? That's our tech." he said as he proudly looked at both Lotus and Karam.
Karam nods, smiling as he considers his familiarity with the city's tech. "I know of 'em, yeah. Pretty nifty." His desktop back in his dorm still has an open link to them from tracking Lotus's night crusade. She too recognizes he's regularly cutting into their systems, but both know better than to just admit that.
[email protected] wrote: "Names Arthur. Though you can call me Ace, and this here is my appointed bodyguard for the evening. He doesn't talk much." He gestured to the rather big rhino next to him.
"'t's a pleasure." Karam replies lightly, putting out his handpaw to shake. "I'm Karam." Lotus takes a step to the side to stop being behind him, and postulates aloud "So the fact that your organization has a member here seems to show you're looking to recruit. What does an agent do?"
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 13992
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah." says Ben, climbing into his truck and shutting the door to give himself some privacy.
"Good morning, ma'am. Something wrong with my taxes?" he jokes.

~~~~~~~~
Arriving at the restaurant, Jannali lets herself in via the back door and deactivates the alarm. A moment later Joe follows her in and the two set about preparing for the day.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
SeanWolf
Game Master
Posts: 1983
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by SeanWolf »

[email protected] wrote:"Am I ready?" Roland asked before puffing out his chest. "Is Ronald Roland McScruffy ready?! Yeah I'm ready, let's do this!" He had apparently just woken up, and after of course jumping up to give the much bigger wolf a high five he managed to curb his excitement.

"I wasn't born ready for nothing." He said as he started to look around. "So where is your car?"
"Well, SOMEONE'S ready to rock and roll!" Merrick laughed as he returned Ronald's high-five, "Car's over here, lets go! I expect today will just be a routine patrol, so I hope you're not expecting today to turn into a Lethal Weapon scenario, hehe"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

[email protected]
Game Master
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by [email protected] »

Dawn looked back at him with a chuckle. "You're not supposed to use the B word, hun. It's just bacon. I mean, artificial textured meat substitutes have been around for at least a couple decades now. Other than that, we have fish which we of course can only get a set number of to avoid overfishing, and then we have bugs. As far as I'm aware, there are plenty of bug farmers out there raising bugs for us to munch on." She explained to Bailey, before looking down at his breakfast.

"Smells great though, just thought I'd give you a rundown of our available proteins. Eating other mammals is of course, heavily frowned upon." She started talking, going on one of her trivial tangents, Dawn had studied up a lot of history, and had actually been obsessed at one point at making a healthy diet for herself. She knew a bunch of random things that, she knew would only ever really be nice to know, but was never actually functional in the real world.

"Why did you know there are still some very remote, though often cited studies of still primally feral groups who live like our ancestors did long ago? I hear they're slowly dying out though due to more modern day diseases and climate changes that made their once natural habits most unlivable. In a few years, they'll be gone, and only we'll remain. Funny, huh?" Dawn began to rub his shoulders as she was giving him this tidbit of rather useless information.

-----

Raising a paw, a cheetah asked "What is nature's first barrier then? Is the first barrier our natural born instints, Instructor Kamoshika?" A cheetah wearing a pair of sweatpants, a shirt, and a workout headband asked.

This got of course a couple to giggle, though this was indeed a serious question from the cheetah. "Is it indeed jumping over the walls and barriers that we surround ourselves with everyday? Our prejudices, our insecurities?"

----

"Oh well then you'd also know that since the Nighthowler incident, it's been our public duty to stop corruption at every level of the city. Background checks, surveillance sweeps, bug interceptions and not the kind you eat." He mentioned with a chuckle.

Since we deemed the office of both mayor and the secretary far to easily corruptible, and obviously given the whole Nighthowler scandal and how the cameras played a big part in it, our Agency stepped in." He admitted looking at Karam and Lotus as he pulled down his shades to show off his blue eyes.

"That old camera system was stripped down, and we personally installed the new camera's ourselves. We only answer to fellow law enforcement in certain circumstances, the governor, or any agency with proper security clearance. The mayor wants footage? They have to go through us." He beemed, as he looked at Karam personally.

"So yeah, I'd say those cameras are pretty nifty." He gave Karam's paw a shake, though his paw was obviously dwarfed by the much larger mammals before he looked over at Lotus.

"Well, what an agent does, you ask? That depends. You got a skill?" The otter asked Lotus.

----

She giggled at his joke, before sighing heavily. "I know it's standard protocol, Ben, but do I have to do that every single time?" She of course, knew the answer was yes, but she decided to skip to the point anyway.

"It depends, did you file yet? I don't think I saw anything wrong with your taxes this year. You should be receiving your federal and state income tax returns rather soon, if anything else. That aside, Agent, this isn't easy of me to ask. But I need your help."
----

"Great, let's go. I think I know what I signed up for. Danger." He said as he ran over towards the car, getting into the passenger side the seat. "And I love the smell of danger in the morning." He had his phone out, playing some 90's new grunge metal that had been popular at the time, even though his phone wasn't all the way up and he had a headphone in it was just loud enough to where Merrick could hear the song.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11591
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I know," Bailey chuckled as she worked on his shoulders, "I just can't get used to the word 'Fakeon, y'know? It's not a word! Plus I think it's a trademark or something." When it came time, Bailey started plating up. "You didn't say about your rent, by the way. Or the Aircon," he added, taking the plates to the table.
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
SeanWolf
Game Master
Posts: 1983
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla
Contact:

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by SeanWolf »

[email protected] wrote:"Great, let's go. I think I know what I signed up for. Danger." He said as he ran over towards the car, getting into the passenger side the seat. "And I love the smell of danger in the morning." He had his phone out, playing some 90's new grunge metal that had been popular at the time, even though his phone wasn't all the way up and he had a headphone in it was just loud enough to where Merrick could hear the song.
As he got in the car himself and started the engine, he tapped on Ronald's shoulder, "Hey, we're working now. Save the tunes for your break," he reminded him as he pulled out of the parking lot, "And while it's great you have this enthusiasm. Remember: An officer's true job is to protect and help the innocents."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia

Post by DdeeStar »

[email protected] wrote: "Oh well then you'd also know that since the Nighthowler incident, it's been our public duty to stop corruption at every level of the city. Background checks, surveillance sweeps, bug interceptions and not the kind you eat." He mentioned with a chuckle.
Both of them lock eyes for a moment at the mention of Nighthowlers, saying nothing at all. Karam's face is blank, but Lotus almost seems annoyed just by hearing the term.
[email protected] wrote: Since we deemed the office of both mayor and the secretary far to easily corruptible, and obviously given the whole Nighthowler scandal and how the cameras played a big part in it, our Agency stepped in." He admitted looking at Karam and Lotus as he pulled down his shades to show off his blue eyes.

"That old camera system was stripped down, and we personally installed the new camera's ourselves. We only answer to fellow law enforcement in certain circumstances, the governor, or any agency with proper security clearance. The mayor wants footage? They have to go through us." He beemed, as he looked at Karam personally.
Karam returns a sleepy smile, biting back a suggestion of instead opening the public area cameras to everyone.
[email protected] wrote: "So yeah, I'd say those cameras are pretty nifty." He gave Karam's paw a shake, though his paw was obviously dwarfed by the much larger mammals before he looked over at Lotus.

"Well, what an agent does, you ask? That depends. You got a skill?" The otter asked Lotus.
She brings a handpaw to her face in contemplation. "Well, I don't--she's'a top athlete 'n swimmin', gymnastics, lacrosse, tennis, pre'y much ev'rything we have here. Plu'she can kick tail with a skay'board, and that's no figure of speech." Karam cuts in, not wanting to listen to her downplay her achievements. She glares at him, then looks the agent straight-on to reply "Whereas Karam here is a master programmer who builds walls of code that our own cybersecurity teacher can't get in to, including one that has no defenses and is-correct me if I'm wrong, Karam-just an immediate counterattack that crashes the device before they can do anything in the system." She pokes him in the arm, and he sticks out his tongue halfheartedly, eyes almost closed. "You would remember th' only one that doesn't show cybers'curity skill." He mutters, still not turning to face her. He's not bothered by her response, just trying to get on her nerves so they can leave. Neither is really taking the recruitment opportunity seriously, as both have jobs already. She still hasn't explained why he's been dragged here.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

Post Reply