HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by CyberDragon »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Alex smiled at Phoebe. "Sadly, it isn't really curable, but it ain't that hard to live with after awhile. As for the Matriarch, she is the really really old, but really smart and powerful leader of me and 'Manda's family. The Bellus have been around quite awhile, trying to protect people."
"Oh..." Phoebe thought for a moment. "Um... do you... do you think she might help me? I mean... With controlling Ghostie? He... he hurts people sometimes... When I'm scared. He breaks things. I think me bein' scared makes him angry... And sad. And scared. I can feel it sometimes... I can understand what he says. He says mean things, like tryin' to make me scared of Miss Rua's teeth." Phoebe put her hands together a bit and twiddled her thumbs, fidgeting. "Do you think she can help make Ghostie nicer? And not so angry all the time?"
SeanWolf wrote:Leon shrugged and placed his paws on his hips, "I haven't seen anything like that ever since I moved here a few days ago and the closest to, um, 'magic' that I've seen is Rua and Phoebe here...the later I had the unfortunate pleasure of being at the receiving end of."
"Sorry..." Phoebe said shyly before turning back to Alex. "Ghostie grabbed Mr. Leon earlier. He was sayin' Mr. Leon was dangerous."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Kaylee said, standing and stretching, "we could always go for the other way? We go about our business and, if it doesn't try to attack us, it's not our business? She relaxed. "But Amanda's right. Three days ago, I was the only one I'd ever heard of with... abilities. Now look at the group that's assembled. I'm not sure I believe that's for no reason, yeah? Oh, and Holly? Think you can come out now."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda shrugged and crossed her arms. "I doubt we would find it if it did not come this way, so why bother?"

Alex nodded at Phoebe's question. "I'm sure she could, but she could be on her way out of town by now if she wanted." She hummed at Phoebe's last words. "Maybe Ghostie just needs to learn the difference between dangerous and an active threat. Technically all of us are 'dangerous,' but I doubt any of us are actually a threat to any of the others." She said, trying to reassure her. She put a paw to her chin as a thoughtful look overtook her. "Though... we could always take her to him, he would definitely know at least something helpful."

Amanda's gaze shot straight to her cousin. "You cannot be serious! Kayl- Socks- nobody has actually met him yet, and you want to introduce him to those we have only just met?"

Alex chuckled and scratched the back of her head. "What? He could be a real help for Phoebe! And there's no time like the present to introduce him to everybody." Amanda shook her head, but didn't protest further.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe looked back and forth between Amanda and Alex before asking the obvious question the pronoun game is intended to provoke: "Um... Who's 'He'?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"Sorry..." Phoebe said shyly before turning back to Alex. "Ghostie grabbed Mr. Leon earlier. He was sayin' Mr. Leon was dangerous."
"Phoebe, ghostie thinks everything is dangerous. Leon is at worst annoying, not dangerous." Rua commented rolling her eyes at mention of the entity's paranoia.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Kaylee said, standing and stretching, "we could always go for the other way? We go about our business and, if it doesn't try to attack us, it's not our business? She relaxed. "But Amanda's right. Three days ago, I was the only one I'd ever heard of with... abilities. Now look at the group that's assembled. I'm not sure I believe that's for no reason, yeah? Oh, and Holly? Think you can come out now."
Rua actually seems upset by that. "many talented individuals unknowingly gathering together suddenly... That... Where i'm from at least, that would be considered quite a bad omen... a sign that fate is placing them where they'll soon be needed. I pray you're wrong about it having meaning." her voice is slightly lower than usual as she speaks, and when alex and amanda chime in about their mysterious figure, you can almost see the shift in rua from casual if mildly irritated to alert and on guard.
Last edited by Buster on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Kaylee said, "if that's the truth it's probably better we try and be friends, yeah?" She offered her Right handpaw to Rua for shaking, her left one to Phoebe and nodded to Leon. "And I don't know who they're talking of yet either."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jake put a hand on Sock's chest to stop him rising but was careful not to put pressure on him. "Easy now, err... Boots? Let Bonnie check you over first, eh?"
"Socks." Socks corrects the bunny automatically. "Boots is my brother."
He couldn't rise even if he'd wanted to. Jake's paw is like Thor's hammer on his chest, not applying any pressure but completely immobile and pinning him firmly regardless. So, with little alternative, he allows the firedog to minister to him.
Buster wrote:"Any dizziness or headache?" she asks, now focused on the cat she's checking.
"Headache but no dizziness. But that's normal for me. You try feeling every emotion in a two hundred yard radius and see how you hold up." As the cat drops his paw it reveals a small amount of blood oozing from his temple that he hasn't noticed. Apparently he landed a bit harder than he realises.

~~~~~~~~
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, and Holly? Think you can come out now."
The rat returns to the visible spectrum as invited and waits quietly to be noticed, leaning half out of Sandy's satchel.

"Yeah, I'm totally confuthed too. Who'th 'he', Alekth and Amanda?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Both Amanda and Alex spoke the name at the same time, Alex with amusement, Amanda with annoyance.

"Bob..."
"Bob!"

Alex stretched her arms behind her head and elaborated. "He fought the Matriarch once. She won, trapped him away and after awhile he's become a source of knowledge and advice for the Bellus."

Amanda chimed in, lightly. "He has served our family for the past five hundred years, bound by a spell that has not been replicated since before or after the Matriarch's death."

Alex shifted slightly. "He's helped out quite a bit over the years. The Matriarch even made him Amanda's therapist." Amanda sent a glare Alex's way, but otherwise didn't react.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe accepted Kaylee's offered hand, then turned her attention on Alex and Amanda. "Oh..." Phoebe said, not comprehending much of what they were saying. "Um... Do you think Bob might be able to help me make sure Ghostie doesn't hurt anyone?"
Last edited by CyberDragon on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Socks." Socks corrects the bunny automatically. "Boots is my brother."
He couldn't rise even if he'd wanted to. Jake's paw is like Thor's hammer on his chest, not applying any pressure but completely immobile and pinning him firmly regardless. So, with little alternative, he allows the firedog to minister to him.

"Headache but no dizziness. But that's normal for me. You try feeling every emotion in a two hundred yard radius and see how you hold up." As the cat drops his paw it reveals a small amount of blood oozing from his temple that he hasn't noticed. Apparently he landed a bit harder than he realises.
that response, combined with a confirmed head injury judging by his paw and right temple have bonnie mildly alarmed. "Do you know where you are? what's the last thing you remember?" she asks while retrieving a disinfecting wipe and a fur-safe bandage to deal with the surface wound. thankfully the mall staff are apparently good at following workplace health and safety rules, and keep this room well stocked.

- - - - - - -

Rua's attempt at accepting the handshake is a bit stilted. as if she's seen it but doesn't know if she's doing it right...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake kept himself calm and followed any instructions Bonnie gave him. "Good thing a qualified first aider was on paw, eh," he said cheerily, more for Socks' benefit than his own. "Oh, and you're probably concussed so I shouldn't pay attention to anything you said about family, hmm?" He winked at the Cat.
--------------
"And now you can see our little spirit," Kaylee said, nodding to Sandy's bag. "You OK, Holly?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

As the group conversed, Leon stood listening in silence, though he did shoot a bit of a 'really?' look over to Rua when she commented about him being annoying. Still, there was still this feeling of uneasiness he was having, but he had no idea what was causing it. After nodding back to Kaylee, Leon asked her "Say uh, this Bob fellow...think he can figure out what 'I' am? Rua knows what I'm referring to...unfortunately..."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Kind hard to tell where I am when I can't see anything but you and the roof," Socks replies, "But you wouldn't have taken me far from the others. Judging by the smell of antiseptic I'm guessing some sort of nurse's station at the mall and judging by the smell of blood and the way the bunny is pinning me I must have hit my head. The last thing I remember is that... Thing appearing. Felt like getting punched in the head, all that terror all of a sudden..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jake kept himself calm and followed any instructions Bonnie gave him. "Good thing a qualified first aider was on paw, eh," he said cheerily, more for Socks' benefit than his own. "Oh, and you're probably concussed so I shouldn't pay attention to anything you said about family, hmm?" He winked at the Cat.
"I dunno. She's a dog. Who knows what I might catch off her? She's not even wearing gloves. What kind of first aider doesn't wear gloves?" the cat complains, unable to resist a chance to tease a canine.

~~~~~~~~
"I'm all right, Kaylee." Holly answers.
"But I think we're asking the wrong question. Hey, Amanda, Alex? Exactly WHAT is Bob?"
"Heeeey, that'th a good quethtion! I bet he'th a genie or thomething cool like that!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"One with little choice. They don't have any paw-size ones in here, and I don't have access to my kit right now." Bonnie explains, her tone remaining professional regardless of socks' jab, while cleaning the headwound with the alcohol based disinfectant before bandaging it. "You'll have to make do with generous use of disinfectant."

- - - - - -

"Hmmm." Rua comments to herself, looking at holly. "I expected her to look a bit more fiery considering her partner's abilities... unless i missed something..."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex smiled at Phoebe and Leon. "I'm sure he would at least know something that could help you guys out. Maybe not totally, but something at least."

As Holly and Sandy asked 'what' Bob was Alex seemed to hesitate, only to wince when Amanda answered. "Bob is a Lich."

Alex rubbed the back of her head and chuckled. "Over five hundred years old, and doesn't look a year over a millennia... If he isn't actually a millennia old that is." She tilted her head at Rua's strange comment, but didn't say anything.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I'm all right, Kaylee." Holly answers.
"But I think we're asking the wrong question. Hey, Amanda, Alex? Exactly WHAT is Bob?"
"Heeeey, that'th a good quethtion! I bet he'th a genie or thomething cool like that!"
"Oh..." Phoebe said when the ghost spoke up. "Um... hello there. Ghostie said you were there, but I didn't see you."
Buster wrote:"Hmmm." Rua comments to herself, looking at holly. "I expected her to look a bit more fiery considering her partner's abilities... unless i missed something..."
"I think that's 'cause she's a ghost, Miss Rua." Phoebe said, surprisingly calm about the presence of a literal ghost. "At least, ghostie said that's what she is. I don't think ghosts are fiery. Also..." She looked back towards Holly. "Um... sorry... um... that you're dead..."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Alex smiled at Phoebe and Leon. "I'm sure he would at least know something that could help you guys out. Maybe not totally, but something at least."

As Holly and Sandy asked 'what' Bob was Alex seemed to hesitate, only to wince when Amanda answered. "Bob is a Lich."

Alex rubbed the back of her head and chuckled. "Over five hundred years old, and doesn't look a year over a millennia... If he isn't actually a millennia old that is." She tilted her head at Rua's strange comment, but didn't say anything.
Phoebe tilted her head slightly. "What's a lich?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"And the fact Bonnie didn't tell you it wouldn't hurt should tell you you can trust her, Socks," Jake advised, lessening his 'grip' on the Feline somewhat.
-------------
"Near as I know," Kaylee said, trying not to think about various undead types, "it's someone who found a way to live forever, Phoebe."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Holly smiles gently at the bunny kit.
"Hi Phoebe. Yeah, I was hiding. Humans don't tend to like my kind. And thanks, but don't be sorry. It's not so bad, really, being dead. It has its perks." she says, attempting to reassure the kit before turning to Rua.
"... You knew I was here too? How? And why firey? I'm a ghost, not a demon. Sandy and I are just good friends. We're not magically bonded or anything."

Sandy opens his mouth to answer Phoebe's question about but is beaten to it by Kaylee. He shuts his mouth as the cat speaks, looking thoughtful.
"Oh, ith that what a lich ith?" he asks when she's done.
"I wath going to thay I thought it wath a bad word..."

~~~~~~~~
S'pose I haven't got a choice, have I? I hope you washed your paws at least." the cat tells the dog.
"... Thanks, by the way... Dog." he adds somewhat awkwardly after a bit, realising that he hasn't been properly introduced and doesn't know his nurse's name.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rua at this point is focused on Holly but seems to be floundering in her attempts to say something, as she can't figure out a polite way to say 'but ghosts aren't a thing, even with magic'...

- - -

"Don't worry about it, kitty." misunderstanding his choice of words, having assumed he would have overheard her name at Sandy's the same as she did his.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda broke out laughing, her spirits being lifted from where they were by Sandy's mistake over the word, leaving her with a good natured smile, even as she stayed silent.

Alex chuckled lightly at Kaylee's description of a Lich. "Ah. I wouldn't exactly say 'living', 'existing' might be a better word for it, but the forever part is spot on!" She put her paws on her hips and shook her head, "Like, we have no idea when he's from, and he finds it too funny having us guessing so he won't tell us."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda broke out laughing, her spirits being lifted from where they were by Sandy's mistake over the word, leaving her with a good natured smile, even as she stayed silent.

Alex chuckled lightly at Kaylee's description of a Lich. "Ah. I wouldn't exactly say 'living', 'existing' might be a better word for it, but the forever part is spot on!" She put her paws on her hips and shook her head, "Like, we have no idea when he's from, and he finds it too funny having us guessing so he won't tell us."
Phoebe tilted her head. "Umm... Ok?" She didn't really understand what they meant, but she had a bad feeling about it. Her ears drooped behind her, and her shadow started to whisper.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't worry, Phoebe," Kaylee said gently, "they;d never suggest him if they were worried."
-------------
"So what IS going on out there, Socks," Jake asked, looking to stave off animosity between the others. "I mean, Bonnie and I were just out for the evening and noted the wind..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Existential questions, huh, hon?" Holly asks Rua with a slight grin.
"Let me know when you work out the answers. I'm dying to hear them. Well, in a manner of speaking." she jokes.
"And don't worry. I never believed in ghosts either, until I became one."

~~~~~~~~
"Yeah, Phoebe. It'th thafe, I'm thure. Amanda and Alekth'th family hath uthed magic for generathsionth. If anyone can control it thafely and teach uth about it it'th them." Sandy assures the bunny.
"Tho no more droopy earth, okay?" he grins, squatting beside her and gently grabbing her eartips, playfully standing her ears upright again.

~~~~~~~~
"No idea." Socks concentrates for a few moments but at this distance the group of pets is now blending into the general flow of emotions amongst the public.
"I can feel that thing there still. And there's some confusion and... Amusement? But I can't get anything more specific at this range."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

As Leon watched Sandy play around with Phoebe's ears, he tells Alex "You know, aside from Phoebe and Sandy here, you're probably the first friendly face I've seen and talked to since moving here. Though I'll give Rua there the benefit of a doubt as I didn't really do the best first impressions on her."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee stood quite close to Rua and whispered in aside to her. "I think I need to improve my friendly face," she said in an exaggerated Southern drawl.
--------------------
"Well, let's just stay out of it and make sure your brain doesn't leak out, yeah?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Being out of range might be a good thing. you show a few signs of concussion, but with your abilities they could be pre-existing and unrelated issues, so, just... be careful." bonnie commented as she put everything away.

- - - - -
Hlaoroo wrote:"Existential questions, huh, hon?" Holly asks Rua with a slight grin.
"yes... a few... the biggest one being 'how do you exist, souls don't work that way?' but it's hard to come up with a polite way to ask..." Rua admitted, after a fair bit of hesitation.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Let me know when you work out the answers. I'm dying to hear them. Well, in a manner of speaking." she jokes.
"And don't worry. I never believed in ghosts either, until I became one."
that just causes her to droop and scowl. it's bad enough that this place has a way to make a part of you that shouldn't ever be able to be tangible tangible, but for there not to be an answer on hand as to how and why was just unfair!
SeanWolf wrote:As Leon watched Sandy play around with Phoebe's ears, he tells Alex "You know, aside from Phoebe and Sandy here, you're probably the first friendly face I've seen and talked to since moving here. Though I'll give Rua there the benefit of a doubt as I didn't really do the best first impressions on her."
"Yes, insulting gestures have that effect." Rua states, delivering the line in a 'dead' monotone. her mind still more on the oddity of the rodent in front of her.

that is until her mind kicks back into gear, and she straightens up a bit. "Right, art supplies, need to stop getting sidetracked. No where was that dollar store from here... Phoebe, we should... uh... *snrk*" and now she's trying not to laugh, and suffering a mild case of mood wiplash as she spots sandy and phoebe's shenanigans...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah, Phoebe. It'th thafe, I'm thure. Amanda and Alekth'th family hath uthed magic for generathsionth. If anyone can control it thafely and teach uth about it it'th them." Sandy assures the bunny.
"Tho no more droopy earth, okay?" he grins, squatting beside her and gently grabbing her eartips, playfully standing her ears upright again.
Phoebe giggled, and the whispering stopped. Smiling brightly, she reached up and started playing with his own floppy ears, flipping them up and down, until one of them flipped completely and rested on his head, causing Phoebe to laugh.
Buster wrote:that is until her mind kicks back into gear, and she straightens up a bit. "Right, art supplies, need to stop getting sidetracked. No where was that dollar store from here... Phoebe, we should... uh... *snrk*" and now she's trying not to laugh, and suffering a mild case of mood wiplash as she spots sandy and phoebe's shenanigans...
With Rua's laughter joining in the fun, Phoebe started laughing even more. Eventually she stopped playing with Sandy's ears. "We gonna go get some drawing stuff now, Miss Rua?" she asked.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda gave a small smile at the sight of Sandy and Phoebe bonding, but didn't approach herself, not wanting to disturb the calm with her frost any.

Alex also smiled as everything seemed to be going smoothly, Socks' pain nonwithstanding. She looked to Leon and shrugged. "Eh, glad to add to that bit of niceness. Granted I was given emotional training, yeah because of my condition, but also 'cause having a kit flicker in and out of sight wouldn't be very professional." She stretched her arms behind her head again in a calm pose. "But I am glad our little meet 'n greet has been pleasant, all things considered. I'd have hated to have to tell the Matriarch that I was part of a violent confrontation with other magical folk not even a day after being reassigned to what should be something of a vacation, heh."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sandy goes crosseyed for a moment, trying to see his own ear. Then, in order to flip it down again, he shakes his head vigorously.
"BUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBL!!!" he exclaims as both his ears and his lips flap crazily.
"That'th better!" he grins once ears and lips have returned to their accustomed positions.
CyberDragon wrote:With Rua's laughter joining in the fun, Phoebe started laughing even more. Eventually she stopped playing with Sandy's ears. "We gonna go get some drawing stuff now, Miss Rua?" she asked.
"Oh, that thoundth fun! You like drawing, Phoebe? I like drawing too!"

~~~~~~~~
"Maybe I'm a spirit rather than a soul? I dunno. Noah said before that I'm nothing but aura, so I dunno if that tells you anything. I'd have thought I was more ectoplasm but there you go. " Holly informs Rua with a wonky grin.

~~~~~~~~
Socks snorts. "I said they were out of range. They just blend into the background noise from this distance. There are always others closer. I'm never out of range of everyone."
Finally noticing the blood on his paw, he carefully gets up and crosses to the sink.
"So, what signs of concussion am I showing?" he asks curiously as he washes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:With Rua's laughter joining in the fun, Phoebe started laughing even more. Eventually she stopped playing with Sandy's ears. "We gonna go get some drawing stuff now, Miss Rua?" she asked.
"That's the plan."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, that thoundth fun! You like drawing, Phoebe? I like drawing too!"
"Oh, then would you know the closest place to find supplies?" Rua asks, showing a rare smile. Maybe having trouble remembering where that shop was wouldn't be such of an issue.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Maybe I'm a spirit rather than a soul? I dunno. Noah said before that I'm nothing but aura, so I dunno if that tells you anything. I'd have thought I was more ectoplasm but there you go. " Holly informs Rua with a wonky grin.
...and it's gone.
"I... What? Those are two different words for the same thing, and 'made of aura' makes about as much sense as 'tastes shiny' or 'Spicy colored' unless there's a definition i'm not aware of..."
she's back to confused.

~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:Socks snorts. "I said they were out of range. They just blend into the background noise from this distance. There are always others closer. I'm never out of range of everyone."
Finally noticing the blood on his paw, he carefully gets up and crosses to the sink.
"So, what signs of concussion am I showing?" he asks curiously as he washes.
"Head injury, pupils out of sync, complaining of a headache." Bonnie answers, having finished up. though shedoes roll her eyes and add "No leaky brain though." in a joking tone, elbowing jake for the dumb joke that prompted it.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Well if you'd still don't mind me hanging out with you, I'd like to check this art store out," Leon added, "Unless you still think I'm annoying."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:Sandy goes crosseyed for a moment, trying to see his own ear. Then, in order to flip it down again, he shakes his head vigorously.
"BUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBL!!!" he exclaims as both his ears and his lips flap crazily.
"That'th better!" he grins once ears and lips have returned to their accustomed positions.
Phoebe's giggling suddenly turned into full-blown laughter at this that has her literally tearing up. "I like you! You're funny!" she said once she was calm enough to speak.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, that thoundth fun! You like drawing, Phoebe? I like drawing too!"
Phoebe nodded. "Uh huh! It was one of the only things I could do without Mommy and Daddy... um... getting mad..." She suddenly started looking and acting rather shy. "But... um... I'm not supposed to talk about that. It makes me sad, and Miss Rua doesn't like it when I'm sad."
Buster wrote:"That's the plan."
"Yay!" Phoebe exclaimed, moving on rather quickly.
SeanWolf wrote:"Well if you'd still don't mind me hanging out with you, I'd like to check this art store out," Leon added, "Unless you still think I'm annoying."
"I don't think you're annoying!" Phoebe said cheerfully. "I think you're nice!"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Jake joked, rolling with the elbow, "none more than any other Cat. But you seem like you're going to be fine."
-------------
"And that's why I'm beginning to enjoy calling him Brother. And you Sister," she added, giving the little ghost a stroke on the 'head'.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Buster wrote:...and it's gone.
"I... What? Those are two different words for the same thing, and 'made of aura' makes about as much sense as 'tastes shiny' or 'Spicy colored' unless there's a definition i'm not aware of..."
she's back to confused.
"I dunno. It's Noah's speciality, not mine. All I know is that I'm very, definitely dead yet I'm still here." the rat shrugs.
"Huh. I can't believe it." Holly murmurs, tilting her head back slightly so that Kaylee's claw hits juuuuust the right spot.
"I'm enjoying being scritched by a cat. What is this world coming to?"

~~~~~~~~
"Tho what do you like to draw, Phoebe?"
Buster wrote:"Oh, then would you know the closest place to find supplies?" Rua asks, showing a rare smile. Maybe having trouble remembering where that shop was wouldn't be such of an issue.
"Er, no, thorry... I, uh... I only moved in yethterday." Sandy apologises awkwardly, not wanting to admit his recent adoption. It's not really a lie as he did only move in with Kaylee the previous day, but he has been in town for several nights.
"It'th gotta be in thith mall thomewhere though! Maybe we can find it by thmell! Paint thtinkth!" he suggests, wagging.

~~~~~~~~
"Pupils, huh..." Socks says thoughtfully, drying his paws.
"Never had that before. Always thought my skull was pretty thick. That's not a good sign, is it?" he asks, trying to hide the fact that he's holding the sink for support against a sudden wave of dizziness.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"I don't think you're annoying!" Phoebe said cheerfully. "I think you're nice!"
Leon smiled and stretched his one arm out towards Phoebe with a hug offer, "And I think you are very nice and adorable, too!"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Tho what do you like to draw, Phoebe?"
"Umm... well, I drew the sun once since I didn't think I'd see it again. But my drawing kinda turned ugly and smelly after a while..." Phoebe said. Her arms were crossed behind her back, and her ears were drooped back again. She was looking down and fidgeting. "Then, at the pet place, I drew ghostie a couple times. I don't think the people there liked it. They called this old guy in a weird long black coat with and a sort of scarf with a cross on it. I don't think he liked my drawing either. When they showed it to him, he said 'nope' a bunch an' ran for the door."
SeanWolf wrote:Leon smiled and stretched his one arm out towards Phoebe with a hug offer, "And I think you are very nice and adorable, too!"
Phoebe quickly hugged Leon, then went right back to Rua's side.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Jake admitted casually, "I agree most cats are pretty thick... Figured you and Kay were exceptions though."
----------
"It's a pretty exceptional world. Hol," Kaylee stated, reflectively. "More exceptional than I thought it was a few days back, certainly."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I dunno. It's Noah's speciality, not mine. All I know is that I'm very, definitely dead yet I'm still here." the rat shrugs.
"Huh. I can't believe it." Holly murmurs, tilting her head back slightly so that Kaylee's claw hits juuuuust the right spot.
"I'm enjoying being scritched by a cat. What is this world coming to?"
Rua doesn't really know what to say to that, and lets the topic drop. instead focusing on phoebe and sandy.
CyberDragon wrote:"Umm... well, I drew the sun once since I didn't think I'd see it again. But my drawing kinda turned ugly and smelly after a while..."
And promptly had to resist the urge to facepalm as phoebe brought up that one literal bloody drawing again...
CyberDragon wrote:"Then, at the pet place, I drew ghostie a couple times. I don't think the people there liked it. They called this old guy in a weird long black coat with and a sort of scarf with a cross on it. I don't think he liked my drawing either. When they showed it to him, he said 'nope' a bunch an' ran for the door."
Wait she... oh wow, this place has really cowardly witchhunters if she scared one off that easily. despite such thoughts, it still has her feeling a bit protective and she take's phoebes hand, keeping her close.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Er, no, thorry... I, uh... I only moved in yethterday." Sandy apologises awkwardly, not wanting to admit his recent adoption. It's not really a lie as he did only move in with Kaylee the previous day, but he has been in town for several nights.
"It'th gotta be in thith mall thomewhere though! Maybe we can find it by thmell! Paint thtinkth!" he suggests, wagging.
"Well, That's as good an idea as any other." she admits shrugging, before adding "Lead the way."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Pupils, huh..." Socks says thoughtfully, drying his paws.
"Never had that before. Always thought my skull was pretty thick. That's not a good sign, is it?" he asks, trying to hide the fact that he's holding the sink for support against a sudden wave of dizziness.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Jake admitted casually, "I agree most cats are pretty thick... Figured you and Kay were exceptions though."
Bonnie was about to answer socks when she wound up slightly derailed again. "Wait, her name's kay?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex laughed at Phoebe's story. "Hah, I honestly forget there are others that go seeking magical problems out there. If their reaction was anything to go by then they mustn't have been that experienced. They can honestly get in the way when my clan tries to do our job sometimes, can be a real pain."

Amanda tilted her head lightly, mainly to get rid of some stiffness and responded to Sandy's suggestion to sniff out the art shop. "Or you could use the map of the mall back there." She said, jabbing her thumb behind her, where a plastic case stood with an advertisement on one side and the layout of the mall on the other. "I doubt finding it by smell would help much anyway, with how many shops there are, with so many people walking around. Plus Kaylee's winds probably would have made any trails hard to follow for awhile anyway." She then turned to Kaylee, brows creased slightly, "But, before any number of us go on an art adventure, should we not check up on Socks, Jake and Bonnie? A bit rude to not see those two for awhile and leave them tending to our hurt friend."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, Kaylee. Kay for short. Why? That mean something to you?" Socks asks the dog, standing a little straighter now that the dizziness has passed.

~~~~~~~~
"Huh. What is your clan's job, Alex? You guys find magical problems for a living?"

~~~~~~~~
"Oh, yeah! We thsouldn't leave them behind! Better find them firtht!" Sandy agrees with Amanda, secretly glad that he doesn't have to try to read the map. It's been a while since he's read anything and given he hadn't quite finished school when he was forced onto the streets his skills are a bit lacking.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters