HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You thought I should see what I can lift," Jake replied, not quite hearing Bonnie's radio. He walked over to a stack of barbell weights weighing over a thousand pounds in weight. "I've never really tested it," he confessed, picking up the weights more or less with ease, only struggling slightly with the size, not the weight.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"WellTheseArentReallyMadeToBeWallMounted, SoINeedToGetTheCasingsOffSoICanCoatTheBackOfTheHeater'sDishWithSomethingFireproof, ThenINeedToUnsolderTheControlWiresSoTheyCanBeResolderedToaDimmerSwitch, AndAlsoDoTheElectricalLeadsSoTheyCanBeWiredIntoTheMotorBattery, ThenThere'sTheChargingPlugIheardYouAndDadTalkingAboutThat'llNeedToBeAdded, AfterwardsIt'sAQuickCoatOfElectricalGradeLiquidRubberOnTheSplicePoints, ThenIDoTheFanWichIsBasicalyTheSameThingMinusTheHeatShielding, AndWeOnlyNeedOneCharger. YouKnowHowToDoAnyOfThat?" Sandy asks in her usual rapid fire squeaks, never taking her eyes off the space heater she has managed to get the stand off of so far. The mental images that accompany her words would only really be helpful in providing context to someone who can read schematics and wiring diagrams.

- - - - - -

"You probably haven't had a spotter who can change the density of the weights on you either." Bonnie comments, hoping her tone and expression are getting the allusion to her earlier 'see how much we can change without anyone noticing' comment across, as she walks over and starts setting out a few weights. Just a pair of 25lb-ers to start.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig stared at her with a little confusion, "Why do you not just plug it in to the wall? Then he could move it around to the room he needed plus he could plug in what ever else he needed to."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Magic for the win," Jake said happily, leaving the pile on the floor and heading over to pick up the first weights laid out for him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaylee waited until the car arrived at the shop.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sandy took on a slightly befudled expression, tilting her head to the side and slowing her speech, "because the fan, heating coil and motor cycle battery are all DC, but a wall plug would be AC? A battery that size barely has enough current to run everything as it is, adding inverters to the mix would be a colossal waste."

- - - - -

The minute Jake tried to pick up the weights, he'd probably notice that they definitely weren't the combined 50lb of cast iron advertised between the two of them. Instead of being 25 each, it looks like somebody added an extra 0 to the end of that number. "Probably best not to look like youre starting with the biggest weight in the room... Do they feel alright?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Certainly so far," Jake replied brightly. "You're full of surprises. What do you think of the other guys and ladies from last night? That Amanda's pretty nice, yeah?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig just nodded slowly, feigning comprehension. "Ahh. I understand. It would not fit together correctly. It is making sense now."

------

Wrench after wrench just wouldn't fit correctly, either being too big and stripping the nut or too small and just plain not fitting. Noah pulled yet another one from the bag and tried it a few times, a pulling feeling building in his chest with each one. The one he had now didn't fit either. He stood up and held it in his paw for a few seconds before simply hurling it across the yard, sinking back down and burying his head in his paws as it thunked against the saw. His mind was running at full tilt, thoughts of how anything and everything could go wrong overlapping each other. He'd never see them again, they'd get caught. Tortured? Murdered outright? It didn't matter, he knew it, something was going to happen. He'd get a call from the police with the news, he'd pick up the phone- but it couldn't be true; the scenarios ran through his head like a movie. The tension in his chest tightened as his breathing quickened. He couldn't do anything; useless. He was useless, what good was he if he couldn't do anything. He was stuck here and if something happened what could he do? Each individual scene replayed itself over and over in his head. He clutched at his head; air. He needed air, to breath. But he was breathing. It wasn't enough, he felt like he was suffocating and nothing would stop it, but he had to breath. He could feel his heart racing as his breaths didn't quite reach his lungs. He'd never be able to help them. He stayed, it would be his fault if they were killed. He could stop them, protect them but he was here. That word reared its head again; Useless. It was right. He could do nothing but sit here and do nothing. He let out a small whimper as it filled the void in his mind, tightening its hold on his chest and lungs, the mere thought of it was absolutely suffocating and he just couldn't breath. Useless. USELESS. A few tears ran down his cheeks and found their way to the ground. He couldn't see, he couldn't breath. Yet still the thoughts played like a movie with no end.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda thought to comment on how she was in the front seat so they had little to worry about, in response to the dog comments, but the more she thought about it the more she doubted the words and so remained silent until they reached the store.

Once outside the store Mac parked the car and let the pets out, "Feel free tah take your time in pickin' something, we're in no rush."

Amanda unbuckled and got out of the car and waited for the others to get out, her hand paws behind her back, shuffling her hind paws anxiously.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee wormed her way through the front gap and out Amanda's door to beat the boys out of the car and she cam up behind Amanda. "I'd've had you in the back if there was room, Amanda," she whispered into Amanda's ear. "Much less smelly than the guys."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, she seems like the only one who's had any proper training out of the lot, but honestly I wasn't paying much attention to the cats." Bonnie commented with a shrug, "And I think I might have been a bit too dismissive of Sandy... Rig kind of overshadowed, well, everyone up until I realized he has no common sense at all. Either that or he's never been trained at anything, so could be his owner's fault." she grumbled thinking back on the large-breed canine, still uncertain exactly what he was other than HUGE. Norwegian Elkhound maybe? Shape and accent fit, but I didn't think they got that big... she thought to herself, momentarily distracted.

After a moment her focus is back in the present.

"How about now?" she asks, touching the weights and bringing them up to 500 each, walking behind Jake to get to the 2nd one without reaching over him, before her expression shifts a bit and she added, "I guess I don't really know them well enough to say, what about you?"

- - - - -

The first clue Jack got that something was wrong, was a wrench narrowly missing his head, looking up his gaze immediately locked on the feline across from him, only now registering that he was hyperventilating, as well as the board bolted down so tightly the wood was starting to crack and the bolt in question had been stripped completely round. "Kid, you okay?"

"Doesn't fit? how-Right, NoConceptOfElectricit-OHNO." was about all Sandy managed to get out before zipping over and latching onto Noah in a hug. Don't think about it. You can't predict what might happen any better than I can. Worrying about it will only hurt.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig lifted an eyebrow until he heard the clunk before he too ran back around to the backyard. He walked over to the huddled from if Noah with Sandy wrapped around him. He bent over and picked the two of them, sitting back down on the doghouse, practically cradling the two of them.

---------

Noah sniffled and pushed his palms into his eyes. He took another choked gasp, "How-to How can I not th-think about it?! They're just out there! Anything could happen to them and I can't do anything!" He chokes back another rounding of sobbing, "Y-you don't understand." A small sob escapes him as he sniffles. "If they're gone I'll lose my family again. And- And what good am I if I can't even help them and they'll just be gone!? I don't want to be alone agaaaiiin..." He finally lost it and buried his face into Rig's chest sobbing, wrapping his arms around Sandy.

----------

Rig simply leaned back and rubbed the cats back. Humming a soft tune.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake gave very little indication of registering the extra weight as he replied. "Me?" He thought. "I'd begun to doubt there were any others like me out there - which isn't good as I'm easier to hurt if I'm not confident - but they seem to have their heads on straight as far as they know. Except, possibly, the Canine males. But," he added languidly, "it's possible they were showing off for the lady in the room?" He winked at Bonnie.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda giggled at the remark and turned to Kaylee, her ear twitching from the close proximity of the whisper, "It's okay. I'd have probably given Socks a cold anyway." Despite the remark towards herself she smiled, a small sheen of ice appearing on her cheeks as she took the part about smells as a compliment saying she smelled good.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks lets out a hint of a smirk at Kaylee's comment about dogs in the front seat before the car pulls up at the pet shop. He hesitates a moment before following Kaylee out of the car, secretly enjoying the sight of the female feline's undulating hips. He catches sight of the ice on Amanda's cheek as he shuts the car door (That trick of the light again...) and waits awkwardly for the other pets to start walking before heading into the store. He has no idea what to pick and stares around him, slightly lost amid the myriad items for sale cluttered by the thousands of price tags and hundreds of flashy adverts. It's clearly been a long time since he's been in a store and, in fact, he's never had his choice of a gift. He has no clue where to even begin looking.

Sandy, on the other paw, knows exactly what he wants. He'd seen it last time he was in the shop and now he's excited to see it's on special. Jogging to the shelf, a shrill shriek sounds as he wraps his jaws around a green rubber squeaky bone. The delight in his eyes as plain for all to see as the grin on his face and the frantic wagging of his tail which only increases as he chews it several times, the toy squeaking just as fast as his jaw can move.

"Hehehe. Cute. Dogs really like the simple pleasures, don't they?" Holly giggles in Amanda's ear.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Just when he's warming up, too," Kaylee said quietly before looking back and seeing Socks' face. She crossed over, stood beside him and put a handpaw on his opposite shoulder. "\So what do you want, handsome? Something to make you look even better? Something to play with? What frippery has Socks always wanted, hmm?" She looked him in the eyes for a moment until Sandy reappeared. "Oh, lordy," she said as she saw the squeaky bone. "that's gonna be annoying." She was, however, still grinning.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I mean that must have boosted your morale a bit, eh?" He kept up the smile as she added more weight. He was feeling it now but it was more like lifting a slightly heavy box.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

There wasn't much sandy could say to most of that, so she latched on to the one detail she knew she could argue. You're not alone. Sandy stated, trying to bring up as many images of everyone they had met or run into since the 'crater incident', and 'push' them at Noah one after another blocking out as much of the negative thoughts with them as she could... Though with Noah having mental powers of his own, on some level he still had to let her for it to work... You're never alone Noah.

of course her next action might not be as smart, as for all her knowledge you're still talking to a little kid...
one who just decided the fastest way to distract someone from being sad is to make him laugh, and knows exactly where Noah's most ticklish spots are, because HE knows where they are...

----------

"I seriously doubt Rig was showing off. It was before you got there, but he was being dense enough that that one cat,the tom who's powers work like Hackle's, actually took one of my cave dog jabs at face value." she grumbled, frustration showing through, still not entirely sure how, if that was right, one could be in the present long enough to speak modern English and still be that clueless. "I think he's just always that 'off'. As for Sandy... Like I said, I should have been paying more attention to him. He's, nice."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda nodded, "At least Sandy does. Kinda glad I won't have to live with that. Never lived with a dog before. Never really lived with that many people really." She turned from Sandy to Socks and Kaylee, wanting to help Socks pick out a gift, but felt like she'd be useless or not wanted. She hesitated a bit before moving off to browse more thoroughly than before, feeling more inclined to waste her fathers money than Andrew's.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Jake said, finally straining a little as the weights grew heavier, "well, I'd never argue. Not with someone who can do the equivalent of piling several gravities on a small area whilst leaving the area around unaffected." He paused, then broke into a smile. "you do realize it's impossible, hmm? Just like me."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah blinked away the tears in his eyes, rubbing a paw across his cheeks as the slideshow of memories came floodback to him. He smiled a little, "Thanks..." He sniffled and wiped his eyes again, taking a few deep breathes before letting out a yelp of surprise as the tickling began, "No, wait!" He laughed as he gasped for air, "Stop!" He had to blink away the tears yet again. These, however, weren't from sadness and instead were byproducts of the amount of laughing he was doing.

--------

Rig caught on rather quickly as to what Sandy was doing and held Noah steadfast so that he would bear the full brunt if her tickling assault.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bonnie actually seems to be under strain as well at this point, from the way she's trying to hide the pained cringe that keeps slipping onto her face.

"Well, I think we might have to switch to bigger weights, I've got them up to 1250 a side, but trying to keep them there is giving me a nasty headache... Downside of stacking spells that require you to concentrate." She explains, a moment before the weights return to the mass they normally would have been, reverting back to cast iron. "As for impossible, I'm not sure if you mean rig or what I did, but the former definitely happened, and for the latter, the laws of physics are more 'polite suggestions' to beings like us. if I want a material to be 200 ounces per inch, I just need to concentrate... a lot... ow."

Bonnie pauses a minute, sitting down on a bench before adding, "Maybe I should wait for this to go away before I make anything heavier..."

- - - - - -

Sandy keeps up her 'attack' for a bit under a minute before stopping, a giant grin on her face. "Done being mopey?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake put down the weights and sat beside Bonnie, flexing his fingers before sighing slightly. "Always something of a strain," he admitted, "isn't it? You know why I'm always seeming so upbeat? How to put it? Comics might work. My strength is Hercules, my endurance is Captain Britain... No, that's not right. Uh," he thought. "My strength is always there but my... endurance I think you'd call it is dependent on how confident I am. If I'm not confident I could lift all that weight but do so much damage to myself. So I laugh and joke to raise my spirits and keep them high, y'know?" He chuckled. "So, you've seen I'm strong? You reckon I'm strong enough to lift something as dense a Rig when he's argued with you?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah took a deep breath, "Yeah..." He sniffled and wiped at his nose, "It's just- I don't know what I'd do. Lose a family again? I just don't know..." He gave Sandy a big hug and leaned his face on her shoulder. He sighed and stood up once Rig let him go. "We, uh, we have a house to build... Don't we?" He smiled uneasily.

------

Rig picked up Sandy and set her gently on the doghouse. He stood up himself and stretched, earning a crack from his shoulder. "Yes. Let us work on the project. Maybe it will get our minds off of the worse ideas?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"For me it's all about focus and concentration, internalize the details of the change you're trying to make, and keep that image clear in your mind." Bonnie explained, tone and expression dull as she waits for the headache to fade, "If it slips, anything breaking the rules tends to snap back to the way it was. The more complex the change, the more there is to keep track of. Only limit is how much of a headache you can give yourself without passing out."

When Jake started to make jokes again though, she couldn't help but laugh. "Hardly, I'm amazed the floor held up under that. I doubt you'd be havin a Bun time." she answered back, grinning.

(At work, will post Sandy's later.)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake leaned back and groaned. "You'd drive me spotty with many more jokes like that." He straightened up again. "You want me to get you some water or give you a shoulder massage? I know how to do them gently. Hmm. Better not. we might get interrupted. But I can do the water or coffee. Y'know," he added after a moment, "your smile isn't quite as beautiful as Amanda's to my eyes but it still lights the room, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. I'm sure there are worse things to live with." Holly opines. "So, any idea what you'll get?"

~~~~~~~~
Hearing Kaylee's comment, Sandy grins at the cat and catches her eye before squeaking the bone a few more times cheekily. That done, he heads off to show Amanda's human his prize.

~~~~~~~~
Seeing that he's alone with Kaylee, Socks decides to let his guard down a little.
"I... I have no idea... I've never been in a place like this before, let alone had my pick..." he admits. "I don't even know where to begin..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee walked him over to a section of ceramics and picked one up. "What about a bowl," she said, holding the white, ceramic, dish up. She smirked. "With your name on it?" She put it back and picked up a toy. "Have the kittenhood you never had with a plush mouse? No? She picked up a round object with pads and mimiced the shaking. "A m-a-a-a-a-s-s-s-a-a-a-g-g-e-e-r-r-r?" She pointed up onto the shelves. "Your own bed?" She smiled and put the massager back, squeezing Socks' handpaw as she did so. "What do you want, Socks," she asked before standing by his side again and trying to calm the winds outside.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Yeah, DoYouWantToHelpGetTheHeaterAndStuffReady? IDontThinkRigIsAnyGoodWithWires..." paying close attention to Noah's thoughts in case he started having trouble again.

Jack on the other hand chose that moment to wander off.
"I'll be right back, I need to go figure out where the 9/16'' landed..."

------

"Oh come on, I'm sure you'd bounce right back. It'd Haredly be an issue." Bonnie fired right back, grin never leaving her face. When he started offering to help, she just waved him off and explained "That won't be necessary, it'll be gone by the time you get back. Thanks though."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So," Jake asked with interest, "if you got the chance, would you want to be station officer here or summat? Never mind if it's possible or not," he added, "just... would you? All the responsibility but all the humes here looking up. To you."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig chuckled, "I could learn, you know." He chuckles again and goes to help Jack find his missing whatever it was.

------

Noah sighed and nodded hesitantly, "Yeah. We'd probably take it from here." He smiled and went to the garage to grab the parts he'd need. His mind was awash with thoughts. He thought to himself, What can I do? I don't want to sit here but if I got in trouble mom'n'dad'd be mad... He groaned inwardly and huffed, letting the smile fall from his face when he had his back to everyone else.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"You mean me in charge of them? A Captain like Dad? I don't know... Maybe?" Bonnie commented, sounding much more like her usual self now. she seemed to stare off into space a moment before continuing, "But... at the same time, he's always here, at the station. I can be more help if I'm out there..." She gestures with a paw at one of the walls, you can only assume the outside is beyond, before finally making one lase comment with a shrug, "I don't know..."

She's silent for a good minute, just listening to see if Jake has any more to add, before telling him, "I think I'd rather bee where I'm needed." in a tone that's just slightly, off. as if there's more to that than what she's saying.

- - - - -

Maybe what you should do is stay safe? That's what your mom wants right? It's what I'd want you to do. Be safe, Be happy. Sandy interrupted as they headed for the shed, all the while silently trodding along behind noah. Sides, you basically have laura Croft for a mom. She'll be fine. once there she got back to work taking apart the heater.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah sat across from Sandy and started dismantling the fan, Y-yeah... She can take care of herself. She doesn't need me. He sighs shakily and focuses on taking apart the fan. Anything to get his mind off the fact that his life had just been almost completely inverted. Anything. He cut wires and stripped others, disconnecting parts and rewiring them to give them some distance. His thoughts eventually turned to the task at hand, but there were always a few nagging ones that wouldn't quite go away.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda shrugged, "Don't know. Not really a toy cat. So, I'll just have to look and see." As she browsed from shelf to shelf she turned slightly to Holly, "Anything you might want, even as you are?" She continued to look until her eyes laid upon the accessory section. Her eyes darted around the shelf until they stopped upon something that spoke to her. It was a decently sized purple bow that looked to be of good make, even the sparkles on the bows surface didn't look cheap. The smile she held turned to a troubled frown though, as a problem appeared with it. It was hanging from a peg that was just out of her reach.

She replaced the frown with a determined grimace as she glanced around, not seeing anyone look her direction. She hopped lightly grabbing at the bow a few times to test her limit before enacting her plan. She hopped again and grabbed towards it without actually pulling it at all, instead slipping it off the peg with her telekinesis and right into her paws. She gained a triumphant smile, happy at her, hopefully convincing display. Her smile didn't fade at the price tag attached to it, as she felt it in her paws, the cloth felt like it deserved the price. She had to repress some happy sparkles, glad to have a bow to replace the one that got destroyed the other night!

Her smile faltered and her ears tilting back at the memory of how her previous bow got ruined. Echoes of her negative thoughts at that moment in the night rang through her with some new doubt, the most potent one berating her for picking out an expensive bow that would most likely end up like the last one. She remained silent, staring at the bow, pondering on whether to get it or not while trying to ignore the more obtrusive thoughts.

----------------------------------

Amanda's father sat back, watching the pets when Sandy run to him, "Ay lad, pick out somethin' ya like already?" He asked with a smile.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I suppose all that's true." He sighed slightly. "At least your future's secure. Mine's anything but. Whilst I'm around," he explained, "Mrs Wilkins doesn't get forced into a home by her kids. If anything happens to her, I'm out." He half grinned but it didn't really take on his face. "And I'd have to find something useful to do. Do they do firehouse Rabbits?" He grinned again. "30ft leaps through fire a speciality."
--------------------------------------------------
"I might go for a little fishing rod," Kaylee said absently. "It... seems right, somehow."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Hah, I doubt you'd have any trouble finding a new home. You're cute, and there's nothing messed up anywhere, any family would keep that..." She states, you can tell it's supposed to sound confident, but there's that off tone again.

It's just faintly audible, but there's a call on her radio that her crew is being sent out... yet she doesn't move, doesn't even act like she noticed.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Bonnie," Jake said, concern evident in his tone as he turned to look into her eyes. "Bonnie," he repeated, placing his hands gently on either side of her head. "You OK, Bonnie? You've had a call out..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah finishes taking apart the fan and heads out of the garage to go mount it in the doghouse. He climbs up inside and screws it into the wall where it will move the air efficiently. He pulls a few wires out of a housing and twists them together. Heh. Lara Croft. I don't know why I'm so worried. Just like Lara Croft. He whistles a Tomb Raider theme in his head.

--------

Rig searches near the wall, looking for anything shiny that might be a wrench.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks is a little surprised to find Kaylee's paw in his but he likes it there and squeezes it back slightly before realising what he's doing and quickly hiding the growing smile again.
"Why a fishing rod?" he queries, confused, as he stares at a scratching post topped with a fluffy ball on a tall spring.

~~~~~~~~
Taken by surprise by the jumping, Holly tumbles from Amanda's shoulder but catches herself mid-air and retakes her perch once the cat is firmly on the floor again.
"Oh yeah. I forgot you had telekinesis." the rat spectre observes. "Nice bow too. Suits you. The sparkle matches your eyes."

~~~~~~~~
"Yup!" Sandy wags. "I thaw it the other day but didn't get it becauthe I didn't have any money and becauthe Andy wath already getting me tho much and I didn't want to cotht him more. It'th on thpethial now though!" the dog grins, showing the human the now slightly slobbery bone.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'm not totally sure," Kaylee replied, giving a little grin as she felt the squeeze and the top popped off a bin outside the door, spewing rubbish in the parking lot. "Something about water..." She shook her head. "Any ideas yet, big guy?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's ears flicked back up at Holly's voice. She glanced to the ghost on her shoulder and back to the bow, still contimplating. She grimaced slightly as she made up her mind, tilting her head to one side and giving off a small cracking noise before turning back down the aisle. She put on a smile and addressed Holly's compliment, "Thanks. I was unsure about getting because of its price and well... what happened to my other bow..."

--------------------

Amanda's father gave a chuckle, "Great timin' then." He looked up, his vision laying upon Socks and Kaylee, Amanda not in sight before looking back to Sandy, "Any idea what the others migh' be gettin'?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The poor old trash collector outside is knocked off his feet when the lid explodes from the bin into his face. He sits on the ground and stares at the bin in shock as his colleague jumps from the truck and rushes to help him up.

~~~~~~~~
"Not really." Socks shrugs, poking the fluffy ball absently.

~~~~~~~~
"Well, it doesn't hurt to treat yourself sometimes. But if you're worried, you could always save that for special occasions and find another for daily wear."

~~~~~~~~
"Yup! And nope, no idea." Sandy answers.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters