HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Buster »

"More that it's a bit more accurate than 'y'know, the one with the jacket' tends to be." Bonnie explains.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Besides," Jake said absently, "Bonnie's got a better jacket."
"They went this way," Kaylee said, heading for the office whilst wondering where all the Humans were. "Not that I glanced, of course."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

((Huh? Oh! right, I never actually had her take off her coat from work did I? hah, she's been traipsing around in a black and yellow jacket all day. how did you remember that when i didn't?))

"...I completely forgot i was wearing this..." Bonnie mumbles as her train of thought goes right off the rails crashes and burns.

- - - - -

Rua is just glad the subject changed before she had to admit to not noticing the map board. That said she doesn't recognize the names mentioned, so she's not entirely sure who they're looking for, beyond the fact that their numbers seem to have dropped slightly.
"I guess I'll meet back up with you at the store then?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

"You want me to tag along or do you rather I stay with these guys?" Leon asked Rua, "I'm fine with either."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe had no idea what to do, but she figured that since Ghostie was the one who hurt their friend in the first place, it would be better if she didn't try to help. Instead, she moved a bit closer to Rua, holding on to her and decided to just follow wherever her new mom went.

She didn't know how to read the map anyway.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda followed Kaylee to check on Socks when she lightly slapped the side of her face with a groan. "Ugh, I totally should have gone with them. I could have given Socks some ice." She crossed her arms and did her best to suppress her annoyance at herself, which proved difficult by the nagging want to berate herself further.

Alex meanwhile simply kept her eyes open as she waited for the group to make sure Socks was fine or not. Not only did she not want to potentially overwhelm him, plus it never hurt to keep an eye out for the unexpected, or so her paranoid side told her. Either way she turned to Holly and tilted her head slightly. "Eh, more like magical problems kept finding us, so we decided to be prepared. And even then, we can get... well." She pointed to her too sharp teeth, "But, yeah, we just try to keep dark magics from falling into the wrong hands and seek out malpractice. And considering some of the stuff we have in the Vault, I think we're doing the right thing."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Heading over to the map board, Phoebe and whoever else may follow in tow, she's looking it over a moment before tilting her head to the side a bit, the old instinct to correct her hearing when confused rearing it's head.

"Right... English and Common look nothing alike. Where is my dictionary when i need it, i cant understand half these store names..." she mutters to herself.

Sure the layout is easy enough to parse, but when only half of the labels are readable, colored squares are just colored squares.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe only has the most basic reading skills, and so she has no idea what the board says either. She just looks up at Rua and tilts her head, cutely, letting her ears flop to one side.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks snickers at the dog's embarrassment.
"Well, at least I can tick "being rescued and carried off by a firefighter" off my bucket list. Always thought there'd be a tree involved in that scenario though."

~~~~~~~~
"Yeah, that definitely sounds like the right thing to me. And it's very brave of you with the risk. Given what I've seen of our little group, I don't even want to think about what could happen if they used their magic for evil. It must be a terrifying job."

~~~~~~~~
"I'll follow your tail then, Kaylee. I didn't thee where they went. I wath buthy with Phoebe. Thorry."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Why cant this lot use ideograms? letters are supposed to be reserved for proper names. Ugh i hate this language." Rua grumbles scowling at the map board as if it had committed some unforgivable offense. this was going nowhere, she was better off just searching the mall systematically, she decided. setting off with phoebe still in tow.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Leon just shrugged and threw his hands as he had no idea what was going on just now (He had a feeling he zoned out but he wasn't sure).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't worry about it, Sand," Kaylee said, playfully ruffling her new Brother's headfur, "or you, Amanda. We can go with you guys in a minute if you like," she said to Rua and company, "if we can have moment to check on Socks first?" Almost without waiting for reply, she headed to the First aid station to check on the patient and his attendees.
"Cat in a jacket incoming," Jake warned. "Better make sure the guy's presentable!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Better make sure the guy's presentable!"
Cue deadpan "Presentable? He's a cat. I don't do miracles."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Why cant this lot use ideograms? letters are supposed to be reserved for proper names. Ugh i hate this language." Rua grumbles scowling at the map board as if it had committed some unforgivable offense. this was going nowhere, she was better off just searching the mall systematically, she decided. setting off with phoebe still in tow.
As the two walked along, Phoebe kept her eyes open for the store. It didn't take long, as luckily the art store was on the same branch of the mall they were walking down. "Ooh! Miss Rua! I think that's it! I can see paintbrushes!" she said, pointing excitedly to the store.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex shrugged and smirked. "It isn't that bad most of the time. Modern times have kinda helped keep dark magic under wraps from use. Even common museums have helped keep magic objects out of the wrong hands, and most willing to use magic for ill usually don't have a master to teach 'em, so we usually get amateurs and idiots. Though, when they know what they're doing, well, it can get kinda bad. As for it being brave... sometimes it feels like I have the easy job." She said, looking to the group going to check on Socks. Alex had half a mind to follow Rua and Phoebe, but decided against it, not wanting to be over bearing to them.

Amanda didn't feel all that placated by Kaylee's words, but she did her best to hide that as they neared Jake, Bonnie and Socks. "No lasting damage I hope? And, hello again Jake, Bonnie. Feels like it has been ages since we saw you last."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Running over to where Phoebe and Rua were, Leon caught and, after catching his breath a bit, looked over to Rua and asked "Who were those guys? Friends of yours?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

noticing the crowds here are thin enough, that she can probably get away with it, she lets go of her grip on phoebe and drops into a running stance.
"Race ya!" she says playfully, darting forward, though nowhere near her top speed, and keeping one eye on phoebe the whole time, to make sure she's keeping up. once inside the store, she's back to a walking pace, and keeping phoebe close starting the search for something appropriate.

she was a little surprised when Leon found them, sure he had gone with the other group.

"No more than i know you. I honestly have no idea, but phoebe seems to like the brown one, so i'll humor them for now." Rua explains as she browsed shelves staying close to the rabbit in question, "Aside from the air user having laughable control of her abilities, they seem mostly harmless."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

If Rua thought she was going to keep ahead of Phoebe in this race, she has never dealt with kids, rabbits, or kid rabbits. Both are deceptively fast. Giggling happily, Phoebe bounded ahead, her large rabbit feet launching her forward at a rate that, while not too extraordinary for an average rabbit, was rather fast for someone her age. She managed to catch up with Rua and race past, chanting "Can't catch me!" while laughing.

Phoebe stopped at the store and waited for Rua to get there. She walked alongside her guardian inside the store, looking at the different crayons, paints, markers, and other art supplies with her eyes wide in wonder. "So much stuff! I don't know where to look first!"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Buster wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Better make sure the guy's presentable!"
Cue deadpan "Presentable? He's a cat. I don't do miracles."
"You'd need a miracle to make this bandage job look any good." Socks deadpans in return.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda didn't feel all that placated by Kaylee's words, but she did her best to hide that as they neared Jake, Bonnie and Socks. "No lasting damage I hope? And, hello again Jake, Bonnie. Feels like it has been ages since we saw you last."
"Nah. I went easy on the dog. She'll recover in a few weeks." the tuxedo cat quips.

"Welp, Thockth ith fine." Sandy wags. "Thsall we go then? We're gonna find the art shop with thothe new petth if you want to come, Bonnie and Jake."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Alex shrugged and smirked. "It isn't that bad most of the time. Modern times have kinda helped keep dark magic under wraps from use. Even common museums have helped keep magic objects out of the wrong hands, and most willing to use magic for ill usually don't have a master to teach 'em, so we usually get amateurs and idiots. Though, when they know what they're doing, well, it can get kinda bad. As for it being brave... sometimes it feels like I have the easy job." She said, looking to the group going to check on Socks. Alex had half a mind to follow Rua and Phoebe, but decided against it, not wanting to be over bearing to them.
"Okay, now you've got me wondering. These museums - do they really know or understand what they've got? And how is yours the easy job? ... I'd better go invisible again. Rats DEFINITELY aren't welcome in hospitals." Holly vanishes again as the pets enter the medical station.
"Still here though." her disembodied voice adds, just in case.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I like this, Bonnie," Jake said, in response to Amanda's words, "having friends who miss us so quickly. I suppose we'd better come along," he added slyly, looking to touch the bandaged head, "just to make sure the brain doesn't leak out, of course..."
Kaylee swatted his hand back with no real hostile intent. "I'll be the one who checks him," she said, before looking to Bonnie, Although I doubt you do bad work." She waited until the wind behind her settled. "Where to for art supplies?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

The moment Rua and Phoebe ran off like the road runner, Leon threw his paws up and plopped down on a nearby bench that was just close enough to where they were. "You guys go ahead," He huffed, trying to catch his breath still, "I'm just gonna...relax here." He was now wishing he hadn't shirked his exercises, like jogging, as going a few weeks without doing that was coming back to hurt him, hence him being out of breath. That and the fact Phoebe was probably one of the fastest kids he's ever seen didn't help much either. "Kid could win every gold medal in the Olympics with that speed," he thought to himself as he relaxed.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Nah. I went easy on the dog. She'll recover in a few weeks." the tuxedo cat quips.
"There's nothing 'easy' about diagnosing that rock you call a skull." she's quick to answer back. "I'm trained in basic first aid, I'm not a vet. Try to put less cracks in it next time."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I like this, Bonnie," Jake said, in response to Amanda's words, "having friends who miss us so quickly. I suppose we'd better come along," he added slyly, looking to touch the bandaged head, "just to make sure the brain doesn't leak out, of course..."
"Oh fine," she answers with mock reluctance and a grin, "If you insist."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Kaylee swatted his hand back with no real hostile intent. "I'll be the one who checks him," she said, before looking to Bonnie, Although I doubt you do bad work." She waited until the wind behind her settled. "Where to for art supplies?"
"Well there's a Michaels Art Supplies, in the north part of the mall on the main floor." Bonnie offers with a shrug. "Take a left back where we were, go straight for two minutes then take a righ-... What? I have to get ink somewhere, i'm not going to use some random cheap ballpoint in this thing." As Bonnie speaks , during the later part, she holds up the spell book 'tag' hanging from her collar.

-----

is he seriously winded already? that was only fifty meters... i'm used to sprinting that in full plate...
CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe stopped at the store and waited for Rua to get there. She walked alongside her guardian inside the store, looking at the different crayons, paints, markers, and other art supplies with her eyes wide in wonder. "So much stuff! I don't know where to look first!"
"Well, we could start with some colored chalk." She starts with. finding a package of chalk, a mix of muted red, soft violet, sky blue, highlighter yellow, lime green, fiery orange, and regular white, she passes it to phoebe. "there's special dark green paint on the walls in the attic that makes them extra hard to stain, and makes this stuff show up on them better."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Well, we could start with some colored chalk." She starts with. finding a package of chalk, a mix of muted red, soft violet, sky blue, highlighter yellow, lime green, fiery orange, and regular white, she passes it to phoebe. "there's special dark green paint on the walls in the attic that makes them extra hard to stain, and makes this stuff show up on them better."
Phoebe accepted the chalk and looked it over, a big goofy grin on her face. She looked up at Rua with her adorable watery eyes, then jumped up surprisingly suddenly and hugged Rua around the neck. "Thank you! Thank you, Miss Rua!" She said, happily.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

considering rua had been standing up straight at the time, and was close to four feet tall compared to phoebe's two, well, to say she was surprised at that reminder of how good even little rabbits are at jumping would be understating it a bit. she stumbles slightly before righting herself, grabbing hold of phoebe's midsection so her neck isn't holding the rabbit's entire weight.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe let go of Rua's neck and dropped to the ground with an "Oof!"

She looked back up at Rua, smiling brightly. "I'm gonna draw lots of stuff!" she said. "There somethin' you want to get, Miss Rua?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Leon sat on the bench and continued to try to catch his breath. Usually, he was able to run for long periods of time but this was the first time he ever got winded. He again regreated shirking his exercises, like jogging, but he had also had a small feeling that his little outburst earlier had something to do with it but he honestly had no proof that it was the cause. Looking up at the nearby store where Phoebe and Rua were, he told himself he would spend a bit more time with them before heading for home, though he wouldn't mind hanging out with them again. But, right now, he needed his breath back before he'd do anything else.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:She looked back up at Rua, smiling brightly. "I'm gonna draw lots of stuff!" she said. "There somethin' you want to get, Miss Rua?"
"I don't think this store sells parental approval, so no..." Rua mutters to herself, rolling her eyes and trying to make it sound like a joke.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex shrugged. "Eh, sometimes the museum can be in on it, sometimes it's only like a night guard or something. Even if no one knows it keeps the artifacts locked away so if someone with ill intentions wants it, they have to reveal themselves in some capacity which most tend to avoid. As for my job being easy, I've got mentors, training and nine times out of ten anything actually happens it's an accident or someone with no idea what they're doing. The one time they do know is bad, but I've only had that once."

Amanda was relieved to see Socks better than before and back to his snarky self. Well, if everything is in order what shall we do now? We can follow the trio from before to the arts supplies, or we can do something else. I doubt we will find the flying whatever it was anyway."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake inclined his head towards Bonnie. "Well," he said, "at least I know what to get you for Christmas."
----------------
"Yeah, we probably ought to keep an eye on them," Kaylee admitted, offering Sandy a paw, "Plus we get to look around the place."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"I don't think this store sells parental approval, so no..." Rua mutters to herself, rolling her eyes and trying to make it sound like a joke.
Phoebe didn't really understand what Rua was saying. She tilted her head, causing one ear to flop to the side. "Whaddaya mean by that?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bonnie rolls her eyes at that, though she does at least have a smile on her face. "So what were you lot up to while we were at the movies?"

-----

"Nothing..." she says shaking her head, her mood returning to calm. "Lets see what else we can find."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Buster wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Nah. I went easy on the dog. She'll recover in a few weeks." the tuxedo cat quips.
"There's nothing 'easy' about diagnosing that rock you call a skull." she's quick to answer back. "I'm trained in basic first aid, I'm not a vet. Try to put less cracks in it next time."
"Touché." Socks grumbles, following the herd of pets and grinning as the cat and bunny fight over him.
"Calm down, you two. There's plenty of me to go around." he grumbles, falling silent and returning to his normal, sullen self as the conversation moves on.

~~~~~~~~
"We went to Amanda'th houthe to thee the Matriach. Thse's gonna help all of uth learn to control our powerth better! And I vote we go find the otherth at the art thtore!" Sandy answers the dalmatian, taking Kaylee's proffered paw as the group strolls through the mall.
"Oh, look, it'th Leon again. But where did the otherth go?"

~~~~~~~~
"That sounds like an interesting story, Alex. You'll have to tell us sometime." Holly enthuses.
"Er, assuming you're comfortable talking about it, of course. No pressure." she adds, remembering the mention of the curse and the blood-drinking.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Nothing..." she says shaking her head, her mood returning to calm. "Lets see what else we can find."
Phoebe walked alongside Rua, skipping slightly while holding the box of chalk. "Maybe we could get some crayons? An' maybe a coloring book?" she asked.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:"We went to Amanda'th houthe to thee the Matriach. Thse's gonna help all of uth learn to control our powerth better! And I vote we go find the otherth at the art thtore!" Sandy answers the dalmatian
"Sounds like fun. Finding your teacher and learning to cast properly is always interesting." bonnie nods in agreement as she speaks, winding up getting swept along with the others.
CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe walked alongside Rua, skipping slightly while holding the box of chalk. "Maybe we could get some crayons? An' maybe a coloring book?" she asked.
"hmmm. i wonder what kind of selection they have of those..." Rua wonders aloud, as she helps phoebe look, keeping an eye out for anything book-ish.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Kaylee agreed, as wind swept down the way, pushing dust and litter around them, "I could probably stand to get some more control." She glanced at a dishevelled old human in a long coat and beard as they passed by and wondered where she'd seen him before. Or if she had. The problem with being a traveller was that you met a lot of people along the road. She looked back. He'd gone.
--------------
"You ready to face... that again," Jake asked Socks.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda crossed her arms, looking almost like she's hugging herself. At mention of the Matriarch she lowered her voice and muttered, obviously meant to keep it to herself, "'Cause she was so much help." If one was paying attention, they might even see her eye twitch for a moment.

Alex chuckled at Holly's small bit of verbal backtracking. "Oh, it's okay. I probably wouldn't be able to go into detail about too much, but once things settle down her I can give the cliffnotes version, or something. My magical story is probably alot nicer than some other's here anyhow. Even if it does involve hostile vampires." As they made their way closer to Leon, Alex waved and turned to Sandy. "Maybe they went on ahead for some reason? We can just, you know, ask him?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

With his breath now caught up with him (though he was still trying to figure out why he had such a shortness), Leon glanced up from the bench and caught sight of a few folks he recognized walking towards him. Raising his paw, he shouted, but not loudly, "Alex! Sandy! Fancy seeing you two again!"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"hmmm. i wonder what kind of selection they have of those..." Rua wonders aloud, as she helps phoebe look, keeping an eye out for anything book-ish.
Phoebe started racing around the store, looking for coloring books and crayons. From the umbra sliding through the shadows down some of the other aisles, Ghostie was looking too. After dipping into a few aisles, Phoebe emerged with her tiny arms full of crayons, colored markers, and a handful of coloring books. A couple more coloring books floated through the air and hung in front of Rua. Phoebe looked up at Rua, smiling.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rua shakes her head, limiting the urge to laugh to a soft chuckle, but still smiling. of course the excitible rabbit would do something like that. "We're not going to get all of them in one trip, phoebe. Do you want me to help you pick out a few?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Oh..." Phoebe said, looking slightly disappointed. The sadness didn't last, however, as her ears perked up again soon after. "Ok, Miss Rua!" She plopped herself right down on the floor there and started spreading out the different books, looking through them. She put the crayons and markers aside. Ghostie likewise dropped the books it had been telekinetically holding onto the pile, still remaining hidden in the shadows of the shop's shelves. Phoebe looked through them for a bit, before holding up two. One was a sort of Halloween spooky-but-not-really book full of cute depictions of classic monsters like ghosts and Frankenstein's monster and werewolves. The other one was a coloring book filled with dinosaurs. "I kinda like these two!" Phoebe said. "Whaddaya think, Miss Rua?"
-Champion Motto