HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sorry," Kaylee called over. "Accident, I promise you!"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sandy meanwhile, has gotten distracted, and is exploring the patch of unused land they're currently camped out on. Bounding off into a bush, then up the tree to look around, before climbing back down to look at a few of the other bushes, and some of the taller patches of grass.

"ItDoesntReallyLookLikeAnybodyTakesCareOfThisSpot. YouThinkAnybodyOwnsIt? YouCouldProbablyFitAClubhouseBackHereNextToTheTree. Heh. ThatWouldBeNeat. LikeAClubJustFor'Special'Pets, NobodyCanFindItButUs AllHiddenAwayBehindAPairOfOldShopsWhereNobodyLooks. LikeSomethingOutOfAStory. Heheh. 'JustSilly. Ohh, What'sThis?" She's talking to herself as she goes, her words occasionally interspersed with giggles at her silly idea, before getting distracted finding a nickel in one of the bushes.

And now she's up the tree again.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Horus smiled "eat up" horus said diging into the food
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee looked back at Amanda. "Just checking you're still there," she said with a grin, "as it seems everyone else is able to move at near light speed."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda smiled back at Kaylee's grin, giving off a small giggle, "Well, today has been quite exciting, what with finding other supernatural pets and all." She looked around the landscape that her friends covered, smile growing before returning her gaze back to Kaylee, "But, it begs the question, now what?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, shall we see what the guys decide? I'm getting the lay of the land so I don't much mind which way the... hem... wind blows. Supernatural, eh? Cool."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"I'll ya this, buster. If we were any more cartoony-"

"Walt Disney would sue us for copyright!"

The two begin laughing before pulling out their sketchbooks and putting the drawings in their heads. They suddenly changed to look like old, black and white cartoon characters.

"See? Look just like Mickey and Oswald!"

"Haha!"

The two suddenly changed back, their magic still not the best from the earlier mirror ordeal.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda nodded towards Kaylee, "That would probably be best, as we are newcomers while some of the others appear to have been here at least awhile longer. Doesn't help that this place is extremely different from the family home."

She gave a wide smile, "Though, I guess it would appear we have an opportunity to experience what this town of apparent magic has in store for us, together!" Her smile then became nervous, as if she felt she said something wrong, "At least, i-if you don't mind that is."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nah, I don't mind," Kaylee replied, "best to get all the surprises over at once. Then things can get normal. SO, GUYS," she called, making sure all could hear her, "WHAT ARE WE DOING NEXT?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both Furettia and Bianca resumed their normal slow and steady walk while checking everything out, from what they could gather this was a normal town, besides that one group they ran into twice, but they probably weren't going to see them again. They walked down the street for a little longer before arriving at the store Horus had told them about. "So what exactly are we looking for?"
"Anything that a human would own to live in a house, bed and other stuff, plus anything we might like too."
"Excellent."
They both walked inside the store, to check everything they had out. Then probably try to buy some of said stuff.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sandy pops down from the tree, hanging upsidedown with her knees hooked over a branch.

"Didn'tRigSaySomethingAboutFoodEarlier? WeDidKindaGetSidetracked."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig nodded at Sandy, "I did. I still need to buy food if you all wish for this end of the day feast to have food other than bread and water." He turns toward the store, looking at the clock hanging on the outside of it, "I say end of the day because we seem a bit late for a midday meal."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"YeahLikeISaidThatMightBeTrickyToFind, UnlessYouKnowSomwhereThatSellsLowFatLowSugarNutFreeDairyFreeVegatarianFood, ThatsDryAndDoesn'tActualyContainAnyVegtables." Sandy adds in, before anyone else can say anything.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's smile was just as wide as before due to Kaylee's answer, when she turned to address Rig, ''I haven't told you, have I? Please pardon my manners there. I don't have any overwelming disgust to any food really. So, basically anything should be fine for me.''
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig scratched his chin in thought before snapping his fingers, the metaphorical light bulb springing to life, "You can eat dried fruit. Most dried fruit is low in sugar, no fat, no nuts and no dairy." He turned his attention to Amanda, "No it's alright. Making sure everyone is alright is far more important than thoughts of a friendly feast." He gave her a smile and a small nod, he surveyed the rest of the group, "Everyone else though, are you okay with meat? Turkey legs maybe, pea soup with bacon, vegetables, breads and broth from the turkey? Does this sound pleasing? If our rabbit and mouse friend prefer salads I can certainly accommodate that."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Need a hand up, Mister Mouse," Kaylee said, offering a handpaw to Retlaw. "I think we're going provision shopping"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

hypernovatic wrote:Kamatari smiled as the same thing was placed in front of him. "That looks good."
horus smiled as she ate, "well eat as much as you like its on me" horus said
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Retlaw takes Kaylee's paw and stands up, helping Yensid up afterward. The two are still tired and lean on one another.

"How come no one ever helps me up?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"They reckon you'd leave them holding just a paw," Kaylee answered quizzically. "Wanna come with, Noah?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig nodded in agreement, "Yes, all are welcome. Feel free to join us for dinner." He gave the small one armed hug.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah drooled slightly at the list of food Rig provided, particularly the pea and bacon soup. I'd love to try your cooking. Maybe I'll be able to show you guys some of what I can do with my aura. I could do it here, but food helps me regain my aura faster, so we don't have to wait a couple minutes between each example.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid and Retlaw wanted to sketch up a car to irresponsibly drive everyone in, but they were too tired. They leaned on one another. They heard the listing of foods and smiled.

"Salads sound good! With carrot soup!"

"And shredded blue cheese! Boy, oh boy, today's a good day, isn't chaps?"

The two cartoony magician began to list all the things they could put on their salads. Yensid actually lifted off the ground, using his ears, squeeing happily. Retlaw coiled his tail and balanced in it, placing his hands on his feet.

"Dude. You know what we should have?"

"BROCCOLI PIZZA!"
My characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Shall we head that way then?" He gave a hearty laugh at the mouse and rabbit duo, gesturing to the store just down the street. "You know, I don't think I know how to make a pizza, but I've seen them made so I can probably try to do it like that."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Kaylee said, walking the few steps back to Amanda but talking to Yensid and Retlaw, "if you two are going to be the insane part of the tour group, Amanda, Sandy and I'll be the sane part." She looked up to Sandy. "Good balance there." She followed Rig's gaze. "Seems a smart place to begin."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Pulling herself back up onto the tree, sandy jumps down, landing half-on rig's shoulder facing the same direction he is, not hard when one takes into account the considerable size difference between a chinchilla and even a dog, let alone a wolf, before pointing down the street and shouting "ONWARD!"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Just don't fall," A smile creased his muzzle and he headed towards the store. He tilted his head up to look at the chinchilla, careful to not upset her, "So do you translate thoughts or do you only understand thoughts in certain languages?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Not all thoughts are words. Those ones though, from you, are 'organized gibberish', for now. But there are plenty of other kinds; some thoughts are concepts, sounds, smells, images, and emotions. If it's something you can consciously focus on so can I, And those are easier to interpret. She broadcasts the thoughts rather than speaking, as it's not only faster, but it allows her to demonstrate, broadcasting a memory. Helping her father test one of his machines.

The voices are distorted, lips moving out of sync to the sounds, She's forgotten what's being said. The machine is incomprehensible, Even Sandy doesn't fully understand it, but that's not the point. Anticipation, curiosity, The smells of the chemicals, the sound of the parts.

The buz of the machine starting up, before the images skip forward out of sync. Now the metal is red and the wonder has become panic.

The perspective of the images focuses on something beneath the machine, white mist spraying. The image shifts forward, now inside. the smell of the mist burns, and a chill starts as small hands grasp a hose and force it back onto threads. The cold replaced by heat as the hose is slowly tightened in place, too much heat. But it fades when the perspective shifts again.

Outside the machine. The smell of singed fur. Laughter. Pride. Happy. We did it.

Outside the memory it's been less than a second.

See? Not always words.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ert þú-, Sorry. Are you capable of seeing thoughts that others have forgotten. Do they reside there or are they gone as they are for their owner.
The words are noticeably slower as he thought them out, after all these years he'd never had to think in another language and it was definitely an odd feeling, one he was definitely not used to.
Last edited by Deske on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid and Retlaw were along with the others, when suddenly Yensid staggered and started to fall. Retlaw caught him, the rabbits eyes closing.

"Yensid! You can't be this tired! Yens-upp, there it goes."

Retlaw dropped Yensid and fell on top of him, all their magic casting finally catching up with them. They fell asleep, mumbling gibberish.

"Oswald...what happened to...Wasteland?"

"Mickey. Mad Doctor. Earthquakes. My kids. Ortensia."
Last edited by Mickey on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Kaylee said brightly as Sandy declared the advance, "that just leaves you and me for the sane, Amanda... Aw, nuts!" She watched the pair fall asleep and sighed. "I'll carry the rabbit if you take the Mouse?" She struggled but managed to pick Yensid up. "If your arm falls off," she warned, "I'm leaving it where it falls."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda nodded, getting up from the ground and walking over to the collapsed Retlaw. She closed her eyes and concentrated, lifting the mouse into the air with her telekinesis, before hovering him just over her arms in case her telekinesis fails. She turned to Kaylee, "The sane duo, resisting the madness of their friends while still trying to have fun. Sounds like a sitcom, wonder who the star is."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig turned back to the two now sleeping magicians at the sound of their voices, stopping in his path to the store. "Do you need help? She does not weigh much," He gestured towards sandy with a thumb, "I can carry them if you do not wish to do so yourself."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Furettia and Bianca spent most of their time in the furniture store looking at what they had to offer and checking the prices. "We forgot to bring any money didn't we?"
Furettia looked over at her, "Um... Yeah, I guess we did."
Bianca just stared at her, "Oh we'll just check everything out and come back later with the money."
"Fine."
Both the ferrets resumed walking up and down the aisles, stopping at each thing to see if they would ever want it, or debate on why they should have it. When they finished exploring the walked back to the front of the store, "Do you think they deliver?"
"They should, probably cost extra though." Bianca let out a small chuckle, "Come on, let's hurry back home, that king size bed would look great in our bedroom." With that they both headed back outside.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Deske wrote:Rig turned back to the two now sleeping magicians at the sound of their voices, stopping in his path to the store. "Do you need help? She does not weigh much," He gestured towards sandy with a thumb, "I can carry them if you do not wish to do so yourself."
Kaylee sighed, shifting the Rabbit's weight. "You probably better take this guy," she said, "before he falls apart." She handed him over to the big fella and looked to Amanda. "That way, if you need me to take Ret off your mind, I can."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda gave Kaylee a smile, "Thanks, my telekinesis should hold til he wakes up. Heh, today seems to be a day for firsts, first time I've met magical pets outside of my family, first time I'm carrying another pet. Wonder what other firsts today will bring."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig walked over to Kaylee and scooped up Yensid in his arms, shifting him so that he still had a free hand to work with, "These two should learn how to control their power. This is the second time they've fallen unconscious. Well, I suppose it could be worse." He chuckled to himself and headed back towards the store entrance. "A day for first, hm? I must admit, I feel the same way as well. It is not often you meet magical creatures."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid and Retlaw grumbled and shifted at all the talking, but never really woke up, surprisingly. Usually, all it took was someone tapping lightly on a table to wake up these two goons. At least they didn't snore...much.
Last edited by Mickey on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig simply shook his head and sighed. "What kind of broccoli do you want for your pizza?" He opened the front door of the store, ducking so Sandy wouldn't hit her head.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

The two were limp, but still shifted at the mention of pizza.
Last edited by Mickey on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Magical," Kaylee smiled as she followed them into the shop. She shook her head happily. "It's better than cursed, I suppose."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie