HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Gameb18oy »

FlanDab wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: He shrugged at that "Dad says I needs to get better at listening for stuff like that, but it's not caused me any actual problems yet." The soon arrive at a small mexican restaurant. Ferrum seems careful about handling the door handle for some reason. "Find yourself a place to sit while I see if I can find one of the owners, they usually don't just serve pets or strays here, but my dad has a deal with them since he's the only one that can help them with the cooking equipment if it breaks down."
"Ey. It's okay. No harm done," Pierre replied as he followed closely behind him.

"Must be nice to have friends like that," Pierre remarked.

Pierre heeded Ferrum, and headed for a seat. Once he had settled, his hands began to wander, touching everything on the table: the napkins, the condiment shakers, the table mantle, the chairs. His eyes also wandered, examining the walls, the ceilings, the floors, and the fellow customers. His intense fascination soon calmed down.
Ferrum kept in sight of Pierre as he looked around for the owners. He pretty much just needed them to spot him, after that, they’d bring him his usual plus the usual chips and salsa. He was sure there would be more than enough there for him and Pierre to share.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:((You know, i spent stupidly long trying to come up with an answer that wasn't this but... *shrugs* never did. so you get rua acting like bonnie cause i don't know what to do with that post.))

"Thank you professor wikipedia. you can stop now." She states flatly, "one, I already answered that at the start, yes. and two, are all police officers this redundantly longwinded? we passed the 'testing' point a good fifteen minutes ago."
"Fine." The officer said. He then pulled out a folder filled with documents and handed it to Rua. "These are the adoption papers. Please sign them, and I will take them to the shelter."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Uh, Gimmie a second..." she comments, holding out one hand, palm up. a little bird-like construct the size of forming, seemingly made out of twigs and leaves that sprouted from nowhere, before flying off. "Technically Soqhu would be the one who'd have to fill out the papers. Your backwards laws consider me a 'minor' even though I passed fifteen years ago." she complains with no small amount of disdain. tapping her claws against the rubbery pad of her palms out of boredom while she waits for the Messenger Bird to do it's job.

When the big guy does arrive she takes one look at the tag-along he's pulled along with him, apparently refusing to leave the boy out on the archery field alone, "Oh what is he still doing here?"

Soqhu glances nervously before rua utters an unfamiliar word, the tension leaving his features.

"The boy may as well learn basic control so he doesn't hurt anyone."

"Tch... Fine. I suppose it'd be negligent not to at least ensure that much." Rua grumbles, picking up the papers and bring them over, the two having a conversation in an unfamiliar language. by the time they're done the forms are filled out, and the pet owner registration one has even been duplicated and filled out with information about eclipse.

"Here." she states, hading them back to the officer.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"You just got back from a long trip, I do not think remembering over it is such a bad thing," Rig said with a shrug, "Everyone needs time to settle back into their home."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Quite right." Zeke smiled, looking out the attic window "So. What do you know of old Radient Gardens? What happened to make it all so... different?" he asked, inviting Rig to sit with him, a soft smile on his face
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Excellent." The officer said, taking the papers from Rua. "I'll ensure these get to the shelter." He started packing up the books and photos before writing something down on a slip of paper, handing it to Rua, and getting to his feet. "That's my phone number. If you ever need any help, just give me a call. Now, I must get going. It was a pleasure meeting you." He said before walking out of the door.

"Bye Mr. Officer!" Phoebe called, waving goodbye to him before turning to Rua. "So... what happens now?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I actually do not know much about it. I think I moved here after the change had already happened," Rig said with a shrug. "I have only been here for a few years. Sorry. What do you remember about the old one that is different form the new? Maybe that would be a better place to start."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke closed his eyes in thought at the question "Well... The houses for one." he chuckled a bit "Probably the pets too... I probably don't know anyone here, and the one I was excited to see the most is probably long gone." he paused at that for a bit, his smile seeming to falter just for a moment.
Pet Friendly:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't worry, Bonnie, love," Jake said lightly, "I'd be so clod-pawed you'd look brilliant!"
-----------------------
"I'll take a couple if I am so allowed," Kaylee said, "and I suppose Socks should check to see if the food gets his seal of approval?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"A lot of new faces means a lot of chances to make new friends though," Rig said, placing a paw on the dogs shoulder. "Hopefully you can make the new one just as much like home as the old one."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, there's four of us but only two beds, so that part seems self evident. we need to go shopping for supplies." Soqhu states, just as rua seems like she was going to suggest something, causing her to instead pout and huff.
"fine..."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I've never been shopping before. Is it fun?" Phoebe asked, tilting her head.

"What were you gonna say, Miss Rua?"
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda seemed to freeze for a moment before turning to Kaylee with a strange, caring intensity. "You can take as many cookies as you want."

Alex smiled, quite smugly at her precise throw to Noah. "No prob, bob!" And as Sandy asked for a throw her smile grew. "Alright bud! Go long!" She threw a cookie, aiming just a bit past Sandy, generally away from the others so as not to get them trampled.

Mac smiled at the pet's antics, but turned his attention to Socks'. Yes! I hope my cookies are to your liking. If not I can always try different tweaks. Can't be leaving anybody out!"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Deske wrote:"A lot of new faces means a lot of chances to make new friends though," Rig said, placing a paw on the dogs shoulder. "Hopefully you can make the new one just as much like home as the old one."

Zeke nodded softly "Quite right!" He looked out the window again "That being said it is getting rather late, and as I see it we have two options" He looked to Rig "I walk you home and share my cellphone number with you, or, if you wanted, could stay over so I'm not lonely on my first night in my new home. I dare say I am quite enjoying your company!" he gave a warm smile, his tail lightly thumping against the bed "Although you'd probably also have to ask guardian of choice no?"
Pet Friendly:
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Staying over should not be a problem, I do not have a gaurdian to talk to and I'm sure my roommate would not mind a night alone. I just have to leave a note that I will be gone so that if anything happens, he can find me. You would not happen to have a pen and paper, would you?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In true dog form, Sandy backpedals rapidly before launching himself into the air and catching the cookie neatly between his teeth. By the time he's landed neatly in the cushions on the sofa he's already swallowed the cookie.
"That wath awethome! And delith- Deliths- Delith- Tathty! Let'th do that again!" he grins, tail thumping.

"You'll end up breaking your neck, Sandy!" Holly scolds, hiding a grin.

~~~~~~~~
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll take a couple if I am so allowed," Kaylee said, "and I suppose Socks should check to see if the food gets his seal of approval?"
"I'm a cat. I don't approve of any food." Socks deadpans.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Rua grumbles something about 'finding a lake to toss eclipse into' in a half hearted attempt at answering Phoebe, as Soqhu went to get the truck.

"I guess it can be fun? It depends." she explains after a minute.

with the sound of an engine growling a gunmetal gray four door pickup comes into view of the front door, and Rua starts to lead the two house guests outside. practically having to drag the idle canine and get him seated in the back of the vehicle, not wanting to leave him alone. Going back for Phoebe after.

"Um, do you know how to use a seatbelt?" she only thinks to ask, as she's holding the door of the truck open.

- - - - -
"Well if you insist, i suppose i could try." Bonnie answers, rolling her eyes and smiling "I get the feeling if i kept refusing i'd never Hare the end of it anyway."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Uh-huh!" Phoebe replied, climbing into the back seat. "Had to do it when I first got adopted." She pulled on the seat belt and, after some fumbling and getting the buckle the wrong way, she buckled up and nodded to Rua that she was secured.
-Champion Motto

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Deske wrote:"Staying over should not be a problem, I do not have a gaurdian to talk to and I'm sure my roommate would not mind a night alone. I just have to leave a note that I will be gone so that if anything happens, he can find me. You would not happen to have a pen and paper, would you?"
"Should be right in the kitchen I think? If its anything like the old house." Zeke hopped to his feet, and started heading down, leading Rig towards the kitchen and rifling through the various drawers "Ah! Here we are!"
Pet Friendly:
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Thank you," Rig said as he took the pen and paper and began scribbling a note saying he'd be back tomorrow and the address of where he was staying. Once he finished, he handed the pen back to Zeke. "I will be right back," he said as he vanished. Reappearing a couple seconds later and missing the piece of paper he smiled widely at Zeke, "Now let us go and see this arcade machine that you were so excited to find."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex chuckled at Sandy's antics, casually tossing him another cookie for him to easily catch without moving. "Eh, maybe later, don't want to encourage too much rambunctiousness, ya know?" She took a bite of her own cookie and nudged Noah with her elbow before holding one out to him, in case he craved another.

Amanda meanwhile grabbed two cookies within her telekinesis and offered Kaylee her choice between the two cookies.

Mac chuckled at Socks' comment. "Ah, quite fair I suppose. Met my fair share of cats who wouldn't be pleased with anything! So long as you don't disapprove too much I guess."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

With Phoebe strapped in, Rua got in the passenger door, taking the seat right infront of her. Both she and soqhu seem to be leaning forward a bit as he drives, not actually letting the seats press against the backs of their shoulders. it actually takes a bit under an hour by truck to get to a department store as they seem to be headed to a big one that's technically in a neighboring town.

along the way Rua asks aloud if phoebe knows any car-games, looking for a way to kill time.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll got for the one on the... left" Kaylee said, deliberately pointing at Amandas' right hand-paw.
-----------------------
"Rabbit jokes," Jake said, rolling his eyes thatrically. "I should have 'spotted' they were coming."
"Oh, the jokes," Miss Wilkins said, "I'll need to go back to my shows if they keep up."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Um... well... whenever I was crying, mom an' dad would make me play the 'silence game'. I was supposed to be quiet. If I won, I got dinner that night." Phoebe said, once again showing that every little aspect of her life up until this point has been almost entirely filled with cruelty. It's no wonder she's attached to a fear demon.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bonnie frowns momentarily before mumbling 'oh you're no fun.' before focusing on jake again.
"So, had anywhere in mind?"

- - - - -

"That... just sounds depressing. We're not doing that." Rua comments, with a noticeable and pronounced scowl as she's leaning around her chair. "hmm... what to do..."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Deske wrote:"Thank you," Rig said as he took the pen and paper and began scribbling a note saying he'd be back tomorrow and the address of where he was staying. Once he finished, he handed the pen back to Zeke. "I will be right back," he said as he vanished. Reappearing a couple seconds later and missing the piece of paper he smiled widely at Zeke, "Now let us go and see this arcade machine that you were so excited to find."
"Ah! Yes if its not here in my room... Its probably down in the attic!" Zeke smiled, seemingly unphased by the vanishing act "And thanks for accepting the invite... Not often people are just readily trusting of strangers these days!" he chuckled and began to lead the way onward and downward
Pet Friendly:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sandy snaps up the second cookie.
"Aww. Thpoilthport." he mock complains, poking his tongue out at Alex.

~~~~~~~~
Socks looks at the half-eaten cookie in his paw and shrugs.
"Eh, I've had worse."
"Wow. High praise, hey, Mac?" Holly quips from Amanda's shoulder.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Across from one of the mall stores, a wolf is sitting on one of the benches with his head hung low and eyes focused to the world ahead while lost in thought. He just moved into Radient Vineyard a few days ago but hasn't really made an effort to introduce himself to anyone. It's not that he doesn't want to meet someone new...it's just that he hasn't had the best few years as of late. "I know I should feel safe in this town", he said quietly to himself, "But I'm more concern about...that and what'll cause it to...act up again" Of what 'that' is, even he doesn't know, other then what happened to him a few months back...a event that he's trying to wipe from his head. Leaning back on the bench, he lifts his head to look up at the sky through the glass panels and sighs before returning his focus to the world around him.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Um... I don't know... How far away is the store?" Phoebe asked while the nightmare looked over her shoulder out the window.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex chuckled and stuck her own tongue out at Sandy, but not too long before returning to her cookie. As Alex did so, Amanda started to hold out the cookie Kaylee pointed to, before her brain caught up with her and she stalled. Wisps of icy mist slowly swirled around her as she thought for a few seconds, frowning from at one paw then the other, before holding out the original paw Kaylee pointed to. Though she did throw in a light, if friendly glare along with it, that didn't last too long as she nibbled her own cookie. "Twas rude."

Mac chuckled happily at Socks' assessment and Holly's inclusion. "Aye, lass! No better a praise from a cat ya can't please than simply being not the worst."

Tony meanwhile was sitting next to the Matriarch, tapping away on his phone, Bridgette seeming to make light conversation with the aviator wearing man.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig shrugged as he followed Zeke back to the attic, "I do not usually worry about strangers. People who are not up to good usually smell different because they are nervous."

-----

Noah took it and held it in his hands, "Thanks, think I'm gonna save this one for later and what better place to save food than the stomach," He grinned, taking a bite of the cookie.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"If you really wanna please me then let me finish the nap you interrupted this morning." Socks drawls, reaching for another cookie.

~~~~~~~~
"Tho what'th the plan when we've finithsed the cookieth?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

While sitting on the bench, a small growl suddenly emerges from the wolf...but thankfully it wasn't that of a killer. "Oof...guess I'm getting hungry" he utters to himself while patting his stomach, "Guess having nothing but spam and cereal the past few days is catching up to me. Hopefully the food in this mall is decent..." Standing up, he begins to make his to the food court hoping that he an find something to satisfy his current hunger.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, it's in a shopping center in Lakewood, so... twenty minutes?" Rua explained, her tone and forced grin somewhere approaching but not quite apologetic, as Soqhu guided the truck down the road.

out the window the truck would be going past the town's namesake vinyards.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Wow...I forgotten what good food tastes like" the wolf thinks to himself while gorging on a burger (with a side of fries and root beer), "Heck, since I'm starting to feel somewhat better, I could probably go and do a little more shopping since I'm here...could use some more movies to watch." While his earlier thoughts were still there in his mind, for that moment he was in a state of peace he hadn't felt for a long time. Not since he was a young pup has he felt happiness like this! Granted it was because he was getting somewhat decent food (You can't really call a greasy burger 'Gourmet Dining' now, can you?) in his stomach for once, but the fact remains that he had some happiness back....but for how long?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Oh." Phoebe said, a little bored and disappointed. "Well... Do you know any games?"
-Champion Motto

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Deske wrote:Rig shrugged as he followed Zeke back to the attic, "I do not usually worry about strangers. People who are not up to good usually smell different because they are nervous."

Zeke gives that a bit of thought as he continues to lead towards the basement "I suppose that's true... Although some dogs don't know the smell all too well..." He walks and in the kitchen was a door that opened to another set of down stairs "Guess I'm just a little lonely these days is all that's wrong with me." he gave a half chuckle at that, his tail swishing lightly
Pet Friendly:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Finishing up the meal and grabbing his drink, he starts to head to one of the various Movie Stores while passing by other shops. His mind was at ease still, though there was this tiny feeling that something was up but he couldn't place it at the moment. Choosing to ignored it for the time being, he began to think, while finishing his drink, about what films he wanted to search for while in the store along with looking at anything else they sold.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I... hmmm." Rua commented frowning, clicking her claws against the arm rest as she thought. "Most of the good ones need more space than the truck allows."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig nodded, "I guess it helps that I am not most dogs. Easier to get a feel for what nervous is, when a lot of people are nervous around you," he let out a small laugh.