HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by CyberDragon »

The Nightmare looked livid. Or as livid as a shadowy skeleton can look. The bindings didn't stop the whispering, however. The whispering was mental, speaking directly through thought. As if it mattered, however, The Nightmare brought one if it's long, wicked claws up to it's face and swiftly swiped it through the strands, cutting them off.

Phoebe was looking at Rua, tears in her eyes. She knew why Ghostie was acting up. Ghostie was only saying things Phoebe already was afraid of. She wanted to trust Rua. She wanted to trust someone. Anyone. She just didn't know if she could. The only friend she ever had was that dog in the pet place, but he was taken away by people Phoebe thought she trusted, and she knew deep down she wouldn't see him again. The forest dog thing said she could trust him. Then he hurt her. Her late mom and dad said they could be trusted. The moment they got home from the adoption agency, Phoebe was sent to the scary room. Phoebe really wanted to trust someone, but was that even possible?

She decided. There were always signs. Her parents sounded mean and impatient when they brought her home. The pet place people were always cold, never comforting her. The forest dog looked at her with scary eyes and acted really selfish. Rua hadn't done anything to suggest she would hurt Phoebe. Rua fed her, and helped treat her wounds. "No. You haven't" Phoebe said in response to Rua's questions. Phoebe didn't want to be afraid. She decided, right there, that Rua was someone she could trust.

The nightmare immediately shut up. The fire in it's eyes died down, and it became docile again. It acted as if nothing had even happened, barely even taking note of Rua's existence like it couldn't even see her. The demon retreated back to Phoebe and melted into her shadow where it stayed. "I'm sorry..."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

If he had to be honest with himself, going on this tour hadn't turned out to be the best idea. Every grand staircase, every bit of real wood trim with ornate carvings strewn throughout did nothing to ease the pain he felt in his chest. Every well furnished room, from the antique furniture to the cozy looking fireplaces that probably danced with magical flame, did nothing to help him forget even a little. The cat yearned to go back to a home he didn't have anymore and on the outside he probably looked more than just a little sad. But he was doing a good job of holding it in, even if it meant being silent. He looked up at the paintings on the walls, scenes of old displayed before him, the same as they'd been for probably hundreds of years. He stopped, only for a few seconds before continuing after the group, being careful not to get too lost. But he couldn't help but feel like maybe he'd rather get lost than be guided.

-------

Rig looked at the phone with mild confusion, "I think it's down the street here. Pretty close to my house actually." He gestured in the direction they were meant to go, "Do you mind if I ask why you decided to leave?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke rubbed the back of his head as he was questioned "It was a mix of things really... Mostly cause my dad had to go abroad for work. We decided since he's gonna start traveling alot I should pick a place I felt the most relaxed and welcome in so... That's why I'm back" he began to walk, they lived close by so they could walk together for a bit."So tell me about yourself unless you think you got more questions" the malamute smiled, crossing his arms behind his head as they walked, his tail giving a gentle sway back and forth
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda positively beamed at Socks' words, her fear quickly forgotten for the moment. "Well, we usually eat together around eight to nine or so. We also tend to have dinner here as well, but, heh, these past few days have been quite hectic. Great! b-but hectic. Oh, but w-we should have a spare clock with alarm functions some where. We'll have to ask dad about that." She said, rubbing her fancy bow happily as light frost flowed from her.

Alex meanwhile stared back at Noah, expression revealing little about what was going on behind the shades. "Somethin' eatin' at ya?" She asked with a head tilt, voice not really demanding at all.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Honestly there is not really much to tell. My name is Rig, I am a wolf and I am not entirely sure how I got here. It was all kind of hazy and my memories feel like they fade into existing rather than always being there. The vet tells me that I was probably injured and someone brought me in so it might have taken a while for everything to start making sense again." He thought for a second before continuing, "I guess there is the obvious stuff, like I can not see out of my left eye. But that is about it. Not too interesting, I know," he shrugged with a smile.
--------
"Honestly? The less I try to think about my house the more things start to reminds me of it and no matter how much I try I feel like I'll never really get over it. I know I've got a great friend who took me in, but it's still just kinda weird. I mean he's a wolf, I'm a cat. There's this non-existent dog-cat dynamic I keep expecting. His lifestyle was entirely different, I mean he didn't even have a phone. It's just so different." Normally the explanation would have stopped, but it all just seemed to bubble up in him time and time again, so this time it simply continued to overflow. "I went from going to the store and getting packaged food with my mom to questioning why the meat I was eating was still so fresh. Like I'm pretty sure he still hunts. Every meal I've eaten since I moved in with him has been home cooked. I don't even know if I'm complaining or not. There's just a massive change and I don't know if I'll every really get used to it..."
Last edited by Deske on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke thought for a moment before speaking "That's Radient Gardens for you... Mysterious and drawing in interesting people! Magic people or normal people and their magical pets. I would NOT be surprised if a dragon flew overhead RIGHT now!" he laughs to himself but does a cautionary look upwards. "Er... Stop me if I start sounding crazy! So the address is right near your place ya said? Why that makes us neighbors! I do hope we get along if that's the case, I'll be more than happy to loan a cup of sugar or a power tool... As long as you bring it back~!" he joked, at least the locals still seemed just as friendly as when he lived here, maybe he could snag his part-time job again! If that pet store still existed... He'd definitely go and check that in the morning
Pet Friendly:
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I think the place you remember was a little more open about magic. There is a group of us who know of magic, but we try to keep it hidden from regular people."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Oh... We tried to keep it secret but magical mishaps seemed to happen on a daily basis, and just about everyone could do something so I guess I got used to talking about it openly... Good thing you're in the know" Zeke rubbed the back of his head "So do you have the ability to use magic yourself or just of magic?" he asked, his curiosity getting the best of him
Pet Friendly:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda positively beamed at Socks' words, her fear quickly forgotten for the moment. "Well, we usually eat together around eight to nine or so. We also tend to have dinner here as well, but, heh, these past few days have been quite hectic. Great! b-but hectic. Oh, but w-we should have a spare clock with alarm functions some where. We'll have to ask dad about that." She said, rubbing her fancy bow happily as light frost flowed from her.

Alex meanwhile stared back at Noah, expression revealing little about what was going on behind the shades. "Somethin' eatin' at ya?" She asked with a head tilt, voice not really demanding at all.
"I'm going to go with the 'or so'." Socks drawls. "I need my beauty sleep."

"He'th got that right." Sandy whispers in Kaylee's ear.
"Tho, ith it time for cookieth?" he asks more loudly.

"You know, I never got to eat a cookie while I was alive. I had some old crumbs on occasion that Sandy saved for me. Never a nice, fresh cookie though."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I can use rune magic. It is a lot of small ones instead of more powerful ones though. I can make more powerful ones, but the last time I tried I didn't wake up for some days and I didn't even succeed at what I was trying to do, so I do not do that anymore. I guess I am just not powerful enough yet. What about you? What can you do?"
Buster
Game Master

HPU: Raging Gumball Vagrants

Post by Buster »

Hmmm... I'll have to try something harder to cut next time. Rua thought to herself as she walked over to Phoebe, hoping a hug will be enough to settle things down after that.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Phoebe accepted and returned the hug. She felt a warmth she wasn't used to. She felt safe. She felt cared for. Of course, she didn't recognize either of these feelings, or why she felt them, but she felt comfortable and calm.

There was a knock on the door. "Hello? This is officer Riccardo of the RGPD. I'm looking for a missing rabbit named Phoebe who escaped from the pet shelter a few days ago. I was wondering if you might have seen her?"

Phoebe's ears perked up. She knew his voice. "That's the nice police man who found me."
-Champion Motto

FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

A certain mail van entered Radiant Gardens Vineyard. In its back was a load of packages and letters, but only one of them were addressed to somebody in this neighborhood. It was an odd package, coming from overseas. Who was sending and to whom it was to be sent wasn't put down, only the address was given.

"Hmm... Radiant Gardens... Which one is the right house...?" The driver muttered as it gazed upon the houses while slowly driving. He had to admit it, he was slightly lost.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex was a little taken aback by Noah's wave of explanation, though she quickly found her footing again."Ah. Loss and sudden changes to your life." She paused for a moment, her emotions hidden behind her aviators until she flashed a small, genuine smile that revealed her still slightly too big and pointy fangs. "I think you'll find a few here who can relate to that. Not too sure about Mandy's other friends too much, but I'll let ya know I do. Not so much the loss part though. And..." She turned to look into the room, Amanda still delighted that Socks would willingly join their morning routine without much fuss. Alex's smile wilted ever so slightly. "... even Manda could understand. Not so much the change part." She let out a light sigh, turning back to Noah and placing a paw on his shoulder. "I'm not sure how much I can help. But I'd suggest talking to him about it. Sort out the dynamic you expect and the one you have, and if too fresh meat isn't to your liking, talk to him about that. Converse and come to understandings and adapt and stuff. And if worst comes to worse you can always borrow my ear." She finished, with a light shrug.

Amanda hummed happily at Sandy inquiring about cookies. "They should be! Everyone up for a cookie run?" Her demeanor shifted slightly at Holly's comment, the simple aside seemingly striking her harder than one might think. "That's sad."
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

FlanDab wrote:A certain mail van entered Radiant Gardens Vineyard. In its back was a load of packages and letters, but only one of them were addressed to somebody in this neighborhood. It was an odd package, coming from overseas. Who was sending and to whom it was to be sent wasn't put down, only the address was given.

"Hmm... Radiant Gardens... Which one is the right house...?" The driver muttered as it gazed upon the houses while slowly driving. He had to admit it, he was slightly lost.
Perhaps fate was throwing the driver a bone as one of the younger pets was out for a walk. It was only a collar on his neck that suggested to the driver the fox was a tame breed, that and a few advertisements on a jacket it wore to a mechanics shop... he noticed the postman looking at him and started moving over. “hey man, you new to this route?” he got a little closer than was polite, sniffing at the man a bit to see if he smelled familiar... and picked up another smell, coming from the man’s box... wondering how the man hasn’t picked up on what was in it, he noticed by chance it’s address. “... huh, guess Dad ordered some parts for the shop. You mind if a pet signs off for some stuff? Bet it’s the heaviest thing you have so I doubt you want to lug it all around town.” He did his best to look innocent as he asked the question, giving a light smile and his best puppy dog eyes.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Gameb18oy wrote: Perhaps fate was throwing the driver a bone as one of the younger pets was out for a walk. It was only a collar on his neck that suggested to the driver the fox was a tame breed, that and a few advertisements on a jacket it wore to a mechanics shop... he noticed the postman looking at him and started moving over. “hey man, you new to this route?” he got a little closer than was polite, sniffing at the man a bit to see if he smelled familiar... and picked up another smell, coming from the man’s box... wondering how the man hasn’t picked up on what was in it, he noticed by chance it’s address. “... huh, guess Dad ordered some parts for the shop. You mind if a pet signs off for some stuff? Bet it’s the heaviest thing you have so I doubt you want to lug it all around town.” He did his best to look innocent as he asked the question, giving a light smile and his best puppy dog eyes.
The driver looked at the fox. He looked friendly enough, and so checked back his list of deliveries.

"Hmm... I don't actually have any box of parts in the back addressed to here. However, if you would be so kind, do you know this address?" The man the showed a clipboard. An address was written on it with the corresponding box to be delivered there. It seems that the box came from Germany.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

The fox nods his head a bit, already seeing the address was the same as the one for where Ferrum Fixer-uppers was located, a fairly lucky break for him as he doubted he could have convincingly fibbed about it not being theirs. “that’s dad’s garage, if you don’t want me to take it, it’s not too hard to spot. From here... I think if you make a right at the first fork in the road and then make a left at the pet food shop it should be in that direction.”
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Deske wrote:"I can use rune magic. It is a lot of small ones instead of more powerful ones though. I can make more powerful ones, but the last time I tried I didn't wake up for some days and I didn't even succeed at what I was trying to do, so I do not do that anymore. I guess I am just not powerful enough yet. What about you? What can you do?"
"I can create and conduct electricity, and I am looking into the possibility of learning more kinds of magic... But I dunno if I can" Zeke shrugged a bit as they found his house, looking from the address on his phone then to the house. It was a fairly decent sized, two-story house with a round window in the attic "This seems to be it... Would you like to step in for a bit, or have you someplace to be?" he asked, shifting from paw to paw as he reached into one of his collar pockets
Pet Friendly:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"My guess has him stuck up a chimney somewhere so yours is probably better, Bonnie," Jake advised.
-------------------------------------
"Not all that much beauty sleep needed," Kaylee advised Socks quietly before turning back to Sandy and Amanda. "Cookies are the treat of the gods. Minor ones anyway. Lay on, Amanda. Err, I mean LEAD on, Amanda." She shook her head. "Never using that proper quote again."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Electricity, that sounds like fun. Never without power I guess. Speaking of learning magic, I know a family who might be able to help with that. They are helping me learn about my powers and try to figure where I am from," He explained, mentioning Amanda's family, as they walked up to the house. "I do not have anywhere to be. I was going for a walk to clear my head a little bit."
-------
Noah sighed, "Maybe that wasn't the best example. I dunno, I'm probably just overreacting or something. I'm sure it's one of those things I'll grow to enjoy or whatever." He grinned slightly, "He's going to be so surprised when he gets home though. I've had some guys head over to the house and bring up to the modern day. We actually planned on picking him up a phone this morning, store was closed though."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Phoebe accepted and returned the hug. She felt a warmth she wasn't used to. She felt safe. She felt cared for. Of course, she didn't recognize either of these feelings, or why she felt them, but she felt comfortable and calm.

There was a knock on the door. "Hello? This is officer Riccardo of the RGPD. I'm looking for a missing rabbit named Phoebe who escaped from the pet shelter a few days ago. I was wondering if you might have seen her?"

Phoebe's ears perked up. She knew his voice. "That's the nice police man who found me."
"Well, I suppose we should go talk to him then." Rua answers with a nod, before heading out of the kitchen, and through the living room. Picking her way over the somewhat splintered boards between that and the front hall, - Over did that... I'll have to fix it later... - she reaches the door reasonably quickly.

The officer would find the door opening before him to reveal what appears to be a much darker than normal diminutive lioness cub, wearing a paint-ball jersey, and carrying around a stage magician wand in her pocket... there's also a tophat, suitjacket, and one-sided cape hastily dumped on a shoe-rack a few feet behind her.

"You rang, officer?" she asks politely.

there isn't a single pair of actual shoes on or anywhere near the shoe-rack, it looks entirely decorative. as if someone only put it there because it's supposed to be there, but they don't know what to do with it.

- - - - -

"It's an expression 'Thumper'. You found the dork in a dilapidated bunker in the woods, if he'll stay there he'll stay anywhere." bonnie answered back rolling her eyes. "Maybe foxboy got hungry and headed back to the woods, i'm still not certain he was domestic."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yes, hello." the officer said. He glanced around, taking in the mess in the background and the magician's supplies in the front. "I'm looking for a rabbit named Phoebe who escaped from the shelter a few nights ago. A rather traumatized fox pointed me to your house. Have you seen her, by any chance?"

Phoebe came running and poked her head around the corner. "Hello Mr. Officer Man!"

"Phoebe!" the officer's attention turned toward the rabbit. "Where have you been? I was worried... ahem." His professional attitude dropped for a moment, then returned. "What are you doing here? Why did you leave the shelter?"

"I... I ran... It was scary there and the people were mean. But... but I don't have to go back there, right?" she asked, half pleading. "Miss Rua is gonna let me stay here! Right?"

The officer sighed. While Phoebe technically belonged to the shelter, he knew what they'd do to her after her... theatrical... exit the other day. The next time that place needed more space, she would be the first to go. "You are... aware... of what you're getting into, right?" the officer asked Rua.
-Champion Motto

FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Gameb18oy wrote:The fox nods his head a bit, already seeing the address was the same as the one for where Ferrum Fixer-uppers was located, a fairly lucky break for him as he doubted he could have convincingly fibbed about it not being theirs. “that’s dad’s garage, if you don’t want me to take it, it’s not too hard to spot. From here... I think if you make a right at the first fork in the road and then make a left at the pet food shop it should be in that direction.”
"Thank you," the driver said. "However, I can't give you the package, especially out here. Can't have the package given to the wrong person. I could give you a ride though."

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

FlanDab wrote: "Thank you," the driver said. "However, I can't give you the package, especially out here. Can't have the package given to the wrong person. I could give you a ride though."
Ferrum looked nervous as the man made the suggestion... he looked about the interior of the van’s front... he wordlessly hoisted himself upon onto the seats, his feet just brushing against the steps for a moment... he prayed the postman would assume the puddles were from water on his feet or something if he spotted them. “Um... dad will be leaving to check on someone’s car in about 30 minutes, so he’ll not be there long, can you hurry if you need to get it to him?”
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Gameb18oy wrote: Ferrum looked nervous as the man made the suggestion... he looked about the interior of the van’s front... he wordlessly hoisted himself upon onto the seats, his feet just brushing against the steps for a moment... he prayed the postman would assume the puddles were from water on his feet or something if he spotted them. “Um... dad will be leaving to check on someone’s car in about 30 minutes, so he’ll not be there long, can you hurry if you need to get it to him?”
The mail drove the car relatively quickly through the streets, following the fox' directions. The car eventually stopped in front of a garage.

"Go get your dad. I'll get the package in the back." The driver switched off the engine, and exited the vehicle. He goes to the back of the van to retrieve a large box. It emitted a musty smell. It sounded like there's still much space inside the box.

"Here's your package. Sign here, sir," the mailman brought up the clipboard.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

[quote=FlanDab]
"Go get your dad. I'll get the package in the back." The driver switched off the engine, and exited the vehicle. He goes to the back of the van to retrieve a large box. It emitted a musty smell. It sounded like there's still much space inside the box.

"Here's your package. Sign here, sir," the mailman brought up the clipboard.[/quote]

Ferrum hopped down from his spot in the car directly to the ground. Luckily his dad was nearby, so all he had to do was a tug on his feet so he’d know to get out from beneath the car as he worked on it. “hmm, Ferrum that you boy?” He pulled himself out just as the mailman came by with the package. He listened for a bit before the man handed him the clipboard. “... don’t remember buying anything. You didn’t try and hide a birthday present for me again did you Ferrum?” The fox shook his head. “no sir, I learned my lesson, but I really did think you’d like that wallet.” “I’d have enjoyed it more if you didn’t try and buy it because I was gonna find you’d chewed up the last one.” The fox simply blushed as the mailman heard all this, just as his owner finished signing the papers.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Gameb18oy wrote: Ferrum hopped down from his spot in the car directly to the ground. Luckily his dad was nearby, so all he had to do was a tug on his feet so he’d know to get out from beneath the car as he worked on it. “hmm, Ferrum that you boy?” He pulled himself out just as the mailman came by with the package. He listened for a bit before the man handed him the clipboard. “... don’t remember buying anything. You didn’t try and hide a birthday present for me again did you Ferrum?” The fox shook his head. “no sir, I learned my lesson, but I really did think you’d like that wallet.” “I’d have enjoyed it more if you didn’t try and buy it because I was gonna find you’d chewed up the last one.” The fox simply blushed as the mailman heard all this, just as his owner finished signing the papers.
"Well. I'll be leaving this box with you. I hope you enjoy whatever is in that box," the mailman announced. "I'll be going now. I have other packages to deliver."

The mailman retreated back to their van, and put away the clipboard that was just signed. The engine was revived, and the van was now moving away, out of Radiant Gardens Vineyard.

As the van itself had disappeared from view, the thing inside the large box began to shift, as if an asleep creature just awoke.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Mr. Flash wasn’t that taken aback by this, merely looking at his kid. “Just gonna ask. You have anything to do with why that ended up on our doorstep?” Ferrum was quick to shake his head... his father took this with a shrug. “give it some food and water if it needs it.” With that said, Mr. Flash returned to his work on the car. Ferrum found a leather bound knife and grabbed it with one of his handpaws. As soon as he got back to the box, he began working the tape off the sides of the box.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Gameb18oy wrote:Mr. Flash wasn’t that taken aback by this, merely looking at his kid. “Just gonna ask. You have anything to do with why that ended up on our doorstep?” Ferrum was quick to shake his head... his father took this with a shrug. “give it some food and water if it needs it.” With that said, Mr. Flash returned to his work on the car. Ferrum found a leather bound knife and grabbed it with one of his handpaws. As soon as he got back to the box, he began working the tape off the sides of the box.
When the box was opened, Ferrum would find the young wolf named Pierre curled up inside. He stirred and soon stood up to survey his environment.

Then the wolf started to speak in French. "(Hello there, handsome.)" Pierre began. "(I like the impressions of your country. Canada looks great.)"

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks is taken aback by Kaylee's comment but is immediately distracted by Amanda.
"Yay! Cookieth!"
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Her demeanor shifted slightly at Holly's comment, the simple aside seemingly striking her harder than one might think. "That's sad."
"Eh, you can't miss what you've never had." Holly shrugs. "You guys enjoy them though. Watching you will make me happy enough."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Is there any way to make a Ghost Cookie," Kaylee asked before stopping and blinking. "Amanda, have you ever said a sentence and then decided you can't believe you just said it?"
-----------------------------------------
"Wild," Jake replied.
"I know where this is going..." Mrs Wilkins muttered.
"I seem to recall people telling me he was LIVID when you guys found him!" He grinned back at them.
"Knew it."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

FlanDab wrote:When the box was opened, Ferrum would find the young wolf named Pierre curled up inside. He stirred and soon stood up to survey his environment.

Then the wolf started to speak in French. "(Hello there, handsome.)" Pierre began. "(I like the impressions of your country. Canada looks great.)"
He was met by a fox who merely blinked when he heard that and responded “... um I only understood one of those words, and that was Canada. If you’re asking if we’re there, well no, this is the USA you’re in.Care to tell me why we got your box if you didn’t even intend to send it here?
Last edited by Gameb18oy on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex gave a light laugh. "Well, I guess you're already on your way to adapting! And, uh, not sure about the house thing though. But, glad to hear ya got a decent set up already." She said, leaning against the door frame in anticipation for everyone to get ready to run for cookies.

Amanda meanwhile seemed to stall out, her demeanor shifting once again from Holly's aside to Kaylee's phrase slip, a part of her mind opposed to the implication of physical contact, but that was drowned out by a bigger part of her mind, as evidence by the frost gathering on her cheeks; though she ignored it in favor to answer Kaylee's question. "U-uh, not as much as you would think. If anything I-I'd hope for it to happen more often." She shook her head lightly as she moved towards the door. "But, no I do not know of any work around for ghostly taste buds. And if anything that would be dark magic, what with imbuing an inanimate object with some sort of spirit only to be eaten." She smiled as she neared Alex, still a bit flustered. "B-but, let's go everybody! I, uh, just hope nothing kept the cookies from being made by now. Heh, would hate to do a cookie run with no cookies available."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Deske wrote:"Electricity, that sounds like fun. Never without power I guess. Speaking of learning magic, I know a family who might be able to help with that. They are helping me learn about my powers and try to figure where I am from," He explained, mentioning Amanda's family, as they walked up to the house. "I do not have anywhere to be. I was going for a walk to clear my head a little bit."
-------
Noah sighed, "Maybe that wasn't the best example. I dunno, I'm probably just overreacting or something. I'm sure it's one of those things I'll grow to enjoy or whatever." He grinned slightly, "He's going to be so surprised when he gets home though. I've had some guys head over to the house and bring up to the modern day. We actually planned on picking him up a phone this morning, store was closed though."

Zeke raised an eyebrow "Sounds quite interesting I'll have to give them a visit sometime. Now..." He then turned his attention to the door, checking that the key he was given went to the lock and after a few moments and a click, the door was open "Well... Guess this is the place huh" he smiled a bit, looking back to Rig "Would you like to come in and tour the place with me?"
Pet Friendly:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

while his emphasis on the word aware was not lost on her rua wasnt about to to trust somone she couldn't sense even a scrap of mana from with that tidbit so easily. she needed to be sure.

"What, taking in a cute little rabbit? what's there to be aware of?" she asked playing stupid.

- - - - - -

"You're referencing TV again aren't you?" Bonnie asks, not quite getting it.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Her... not-so-imaginary and ill-tempered "friend"? She calls it "Ghostie"?" The Officer said, unsure if Rua was playing stupid or not. He didn't want to sound insane if Rua really didn't know. "If you are watching after her, you should know she isn't exactly... alone?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"If you're that careless with such delicate knowledge this place clearly doesn't have huntsmen." Rua deadpans face-palming.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Never heard of them." the officer admitted. "So. You obviously know about it. Now that we've established that, I want to ask what you know about it?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Sure, I am not busy right now. A tour would be nice." He smiled at Zeke and followed him inside.
-------
"He seemed interested in it when we talked about today's technology. I think he'll have fun once he gets used to it. Though, I guess the same could be said for me."
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Gameb18oy wrote: He was met by a fox who merely blinked when he heard that and responded “... um I only understood one of those words, and that was Canada. If you’re asking if we’re there, well no, this is the USA you’re in.Care to tell me why we got your box if you didn’t even intend to send it here?
"Oh," Pierre began, switched to speaking fluent English, and blinked in puzzlement. "Is that somewhere in Mexico or Alaska? I was pretty sure I addressed my box to America."

Pierre then changed stance, and removed his face of confusion with a smile. "Regardless of place, let's introduce each other. I'm Pierre." He held out his hand for a handshake.