HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda flinched from the sudden claws, but recovered as she listened to Eira speak, an image of herself dressed like Green Lantern summoned to her mind, flying through space, flinging and even creating icy comets, "Whoa..." Her mood instantly lifted at the thought, wondering if she could utilize her telekenesis to fly herself in Eira's world, "You make me sound like a comic book hero." She happily took a sip of her tea after she spoke.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Nice to meet you, Rig." Eira focused on restoring her disguise. She wasn't sure what was happening. Normally if she lost her transformation, she would fully loose it, and she only ever lost it when she fell asleep or was knocked out. Now her human disguise seemed to be breaking down in parts. This was the second time in only a little while that she partially shifted in response to some kind of outside trigger.

Her claws retracted, and... turned into human fingernails? That wasn't right. She never was able to change their shape before. All she could do was retract them and cover them with false nails. She looked at her hand for a second before turning to Amanda again, smiling at her apparently improved mood.

By pure coincidence, Eira added "You know what else my mom and I used to do? We used to create a kind of ice harness around ourselves and use it to lift ourselves through the air. I bet that you'd be able to as well, but with better speed and greater control 'cause of your ice specialization."

She felt the chair where her claws dug into it and noticed some deep claw marks in the arm. "Ah... I'm really sorry about the chair. I can pay for it..."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah... But what'th a lycan-thingy?" Sandy asks Amanda.

~~~~~~~~
Holly reappears, grinning.
"Yup, she got it. I'm Holly. The retriever there is my best friend, Sandy." The rat looks over at Yensid and Retlaw, a mischievous glint in her eye.
"What about me and Sandy Chinchilla? Are we not pretty?" she queries, batting her eyelashes at the pair.

~~~~~~~~
Socks releases Noah and glares at him.
"You need to stop trying to @#$%#& kill 04! She's not trying to manipulate or take over Sandy - she's protecting her! And everyone else! They had a traumatic past and if Sandy knew all the details she'd go insane. And you DO NOT want to see an insane telepath! Capiche?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nah, ya can't," Kaylee breezed, "and I wouldn't ask. Holly just surprised me, is all. Playing a prank. Andrew'll go for that and, if he doesn't, what's he going to do to her?" She gave the ghost a 'scritch' behind the ears. "And a lycanthrope is a Human who can become a wolf, Sandy. But it's often a Jeckyll and Hyde thing."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah... But what'th a lycan-thingy?" Sandy asks Amanda.
"Actually it's probably best if I answer that for everyone. I don't want to be called a Werewolf again. A Lycanthrope, or Lycan for short, in my universe is a member of a species of canine-like creatures that have the ability to disguise themselves as human. This transformation is controlled, natural, and we maintain our minds in both forms. This differs from Werewolves who, in my universe, are humans or human-like beings who turn into mindless beasts given certain triggers. Please remember to differentiate between the two. Calling a Lycan a Werewolf is a pretty heavy insult." she said. She then grabbed something out of her large backpack. It looked a little like an electric thermometer, but with a small touchscreen instead of a number display. She stuck the end of it in her tea and looked at the screen. Seemingly satisfied with what she saw, she started drinking. "I'm sort of like a wolf who can disguise herself as a human. Though, I normally prefer the human look, seeing as I grew up around them."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig snapped his fingers, "So that is why you smelled weird! I thought people from your area just smelled weird, but it was because you are not human!"

-----------

"You still think that if you just give in that she's just going to suddenly become nice and amiable? Have you ever learned about World War 2? Where they gave in to hostile actions and it still didn't help anything."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Yup, she got it. I'm Holly. The retriever there is my best friend, Sandy." The rat looks over at Yensid and Retlaw, a mischievous glint in her eye.
"What about me and Sandy Chinchilla? Are we not pretty?" she queries, batting her eyelashes at the pair.
"Oh honey! You're both gorgeous!"

"You're both radiant!"

"Why, Holly, you're practically glowing with beauty!"

Yensid and Retlaw blow kisses again, smirking at Holly. They wonder if she catch Yensid's little joke.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda 'oohed' at the thought of making herself fly, but didn't really know what Eira meant by an ice harness, "What is that? My mind jumps to using my telekinesis to lift it and myself which might be feasible... If my telekinesis doesn't give out." It took a moment for Amanda to remember but all the talk of werewolves and lyncans reminded her of something, "There ARE many different types of lyncanthropy, werewolves, intentional transformations, magical item induced ones, and even just different species born with the spirit of a wolf... Or something like that at least."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Casually and slowly, Kaylee made her way into the other room, staying by the door as she kept an eye on Socks and Noah's conversation.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh sure, Kaylee. Blame the ghost!" Holly teases before looking over at the toony duo. In a blink she's standing in mid-air between them and she pecks them both on the cheek in quick succession.
"Aw shucks. You're so sweet. You're just saying that!" she demurs coyly.

~~~~~~~~
"Ha! That'th why you thmelled like dog!" Sandy wags, watching her test her tea.
"What'th that mathsine* thing?"

*machine

~~~~~~~~
Socks snorts.
"Please. You really think provoking her is the answer? You really think that'll stop her attacking? Germany provoking its neighbours started World War Two in the first place! Read your history!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Rig snapped his fingers, "So that is why you smelled weird! I thought people from your area just smelled weird, but it was because you are not human!"
"I probably smell weird 'cause I was just in my dad's lab where he keeps all kinds of weird stuff he's working on. He makes things to help him with his whole smoke-and-mirrors thing"
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda 'oohed' at the thought of making herself fly, but didn't really know what Eira meant by an ice harness, "What is that? My mind jumps to using my telekinesis to lift it and myself which might be feasible... If my telekinesis doesn't give out." It took a moment for Amanda to remember but all the talk of werewolves and lyncans reminded her of something, "There ARE many different types of lyncanthropy, werewolves, intentional transformations, magical item induced ones, and even just different species born with the spirit of a wolf... Or something like that at least."
Eira turned to Amanda. "Ever been to a climbing wall? You know all of those straps and belts they put on you to hook the safety cable to? It's kind of like that. We just put some ice around our arms, legs, and bodies and use that to basically fly."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ha! That'th why you thmelled like dog!" Sandy wags, watching her test her tea.
"What'th that mathsine* thing?"

*machine
She looks at the thermometer like device and sticks it back in her bag. "Just something for safety. I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything unless I've tested it to make sure it won't poison me. Not that I think any of you would intentionally do that" she added quickly, "But something that is completely harmless to the people from a planet or universe could be dangerous to those who are from somewhere else." She took another sip of tea. "Luckily the device told me it won't hurt me, so I can drink it."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Y'know," Kaylee said, stepping into the room fully as she finished her drink, "I'm told the first to invoke the nasties of World War Two is supposed to automatically lose the argument?" She placed the cup on a table coaster and made herself comfortable on the sofa, making sure she was looking towards the other half of the piece of furniture. "Me? I think a change of pace is needed. So you're going to take it in turns to sit here," she continued, gesturing to the other half of the sofa, "and, without raising your voices, tell me what happened. Not what you think happened. Not what you believe. What you know to have happened. Then I'll hear the other and, hopefully? You'll actually find a way through this." She looked at a coin she'd pulled from the impossible pocket and indicated Noah. "You first. Everything seemed fine when you left the shop so start there, my friend."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah huffed and sat at the other end of the couch, "Fine." He sighed and began his side of the story, "We were talking about some sort of fusion type thing since our powers seemed to meld together better than they probably should've. It was going fine until she must've remembered something bad, I wouldn't know what. I don't probe the minds of other people. She said she was fine, but she's also a terrible liar, especially against someone who can tell if you're lying or not. So, y'know, I ask her whats up because I want to see if there's anything I can do and she just snaps at me. She didn't sound like herself though, so that really tipped me off that something wasn't quite right. Before I could ask anything else she runs inside the doghouse. Again, I follow her. Rig stopped me, like actually forced me to sit with him and give her some alone time. But I remembered what my mom had said about bottling up emotions. So I went to try and get her mind off of things and when I get there she acts like she didn't expect me to be here? She goes on to act like she doesn't even remember what had happened since the start of the day and if that isn't a massive red flag then I don't know what is. Then she said something about how she hadn't blacked out like that in months, except for the fact that she didn't black out. Then she outright refused to believe me on my account of the day, so I showed her what had happened, because obviously something wasn't right and I think someone should know if they're acting weird and they don't know about it. Then all of a sudden she changed; her voice, her speech patterns and what she was doing. She said something about wanting to give her her fantasy back, then she proceeded to try and block off parts of my own mind which, if you haven't guessed, isn't cool. I retaliated because why wouldn't I? Then she proceeded to start attacking me for real. Loads of false images, hallucinations, everything she could try and get me to let my guard down. So, I called for some backup from the only other person nearby, Rig, who came to my aid, because luckily at least one of us was thinking straight. That's when he choked her out and I'm pretty sure that's also when you all showed up." He settled back into the couch as he finished his side of the story, "You're the only one that's actually spoken with her, yet this entire time you've expected me to act like I should know exactly what was said. So go ahead. Your turn."

-------------------------------

"No, Sandy was right, you smelled like a canine, not a human. That must be what the other smells were." He listened to her explanation behind her handheld machine, "So our world must be different enough to need some caution? I wonder how different they are truly."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee looked up to the tuxedo cat and nodded. "Go on, Socks," she prompted gently, "tell the next part, good sir."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda smiled, "I'm definantally going to try that sometime. In a safe area and under supervision if possible." She took another sip from her quickly draining cup before addressing Eira, "You know, we've been asking you lots of questions. Do you have any questions for us?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"No, Sandy was right, you smelled like a canine, not a human. That must be what the other smells were." He listened to her explanation behind her handheld machine, "So our world must be different enough to need some caution? I wonder how different they are truly."
Eira immediately thought about the clearly apparent differences in the fauna of the two universes. "I can think of a few differences. Can't think of how to explain them though."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda smiled, "I'm definantally going to try that sometime. In a safe area and under supervision if possible." She took another sip from her quickly draining cup before addressing Eira, "You know, we've been asking you lots of questions. Do you have any questions for us?"
She let out a chuckle. "In my line of work, we don't try to ask too many questions. A giant butterfly is drinking the city's water supply? A dude dressed like Micky Mouse robbing a bank? No questions, dangit. No questions. If we spent all our time asking questions about the weird things we see, we'd never be able to hero." She started laughing. She just made those things up, but now that she thinks about it she's pretty sure those were among last week's incidents. "Ah, though now that I think about it, I was wondering if you knew of a hotel or something nearby I could rent a room at until I can get an apartment or place I can rent out? This 'vacation' is going to be quite a long one..."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sandy has been quiet and avoiding eye contact ever since the lab animal remark.

"Father's Workshop is technically a four bedroom house, though he's been trying to rent out the room on the third floor with little luck due to the odd design." she chimed in though her voice was different than before, slower and more controlled. "we mostly just use the main floor and the basement, and It has a separate kitchenette and bathroom, and a balcony over the greenhouse."

Thats not like you...
She might be the key to a more permanent solution. I want her close.
...are you ever not cryptic?
. . . . .
I also want her a safe distance from Noah... he might try to talk her into attempting something that could lead to brain damage.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I appreciate it." Eira said, suspicious about the chinchilla's change in voice. "I'll take a look at it, but I should probably keep other options open as well. By the way, I don't really know if we've been officially introduced. What's your name again?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I typically go by Subject Four, or just Fourth. The motormouth is Sandy though, normally we both prefer if she's 'behind the wheel', but today has been... stressful." She comments, with a deliberate glare at the doorway leading to the living room.

Hi, sorry... She means me. Everybody was being all grumpy or panicky or questiony and Noah was being mean... so I kinda hid.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira put her head in her hands. This really wasn't as crazy as all of the other things she's seen, but it's been one crazy thing after another. Not to mention stepping through the portal is does the equivalent of a 12 hour airplane ride in the span of seconds. "Hello Sandy and, um... Subject Four. I'm sorry. I kind of figured you had multiple personalities, given what that one cat, Noah I think, was asking about split personalities. After that, your change in voice kind of gave it away. Still..." She sighed and looked up. "In the past half hour I've stepped through a portal, landed miles from my target, blown my cover, and encountered more supernatural people in the span of two minutes than I normally do in a couple hours at least. And I'm a superhero who lives on a spaceship! I give myself about fifteen more minutes before exhaustion from using that portal catches up with me, at which point I'll struggle to stay awake at all let alone be aware enough to handle any more surprises." She looks back up. "So first, please don't speak in my head. I already feel the headache coming on from the jump. Second, while I'm still awake enough to know left from right, are there any other major details I should know about?"
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda gave a sympathetic pat to Eira's arm, "Honestly, we all felt the same the past forty eight hours as well, this place is a supernatural hotspot. As for major things... well you might want to know Socks is an empath, can't control it, and...
it'd probably be best if you keep your trans-dimensional travels on the down low if you meet my family's Matriarch. I just have no idea how she'd react to someone like you, which is impressive as she's been around for awhile, and... well don't ask, don't tell if I'm honest."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Hmm... Got it. Honestly, I wouldn't have told y...you guys if I had a good cover and thought I could get it past Sandy." She yawned. Her eyes were starting to droop. "Ah... I may have overestimated the time I have..."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"There is a hotel near the center of the city.
Or, I could make a space in my home, if you want. I am sure I have extra blankets somewhere."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira yawns again, her eyes almost closed. "Either... sounds fine... so tired... is there a couch or... someplace I could... lie down... just a little..."
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda leaned away to see into the living room before leaning back, "Well I would not recommend the couch in there. Appears to be occupied. If you hold out a little longer you might be able to claim it. Though I am not sure what we will do then, I mean we were planning on going to see the matriarch but it would feel wrong to leave you. Though there IS still the car situation to sort out..."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"..." Eira's eyes closed. Her breathing became deep and slow as she succumbed to the exhaustion. Pretty soon her head fell against the table with a thud and All of her energy had been going into maintaining her human disguise, and now that she was not awake enough to put the energy into it, her disguise started to break down.

Her lower spine began to extend out into a tail. Her face seemed to stretch and pull itself into a muzzle. Her ears grew large and pointed, as did her teeth which were now ten more in number than before. Her nails twisted and sharpened into long, razor-like claws. She shrunk down in height as well until she was just barely taller than Rig. Her outfit, designed for shape-shifters, flashed a light before conforming to her new appearance and size. Her mechanical arm however could not adapt, and instead slipped off of Eira's arm and fell to the ground.

*THUNK*

As all of this happened, she began to sprout a long, beautiful coat of snow white fur with a subtle ice-blue hue visible on the outer layer. Her appearance would bring thoughts of fresh snow and shimmering icicles to mind even if it were the summer. Pretty soon, where once Eira sat in human form, "Arctos the Ice Wolf" slept away.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig stared for a second, taking in the transformation that had just occurred. "Vá, hún er falleg.*" he said mostly to himself. He looked over towards Amanda, "Should I just take her back to my house? I can leave a note."

*Wow, she's beautiful.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda was shocked by the sudden transformation, but was replaced by surprise at Eira's coat, "... She may be right about the powers but there is nothing she can do to make me stop being jealous of that coat." She turned to Rig, "Well... she said either was fine. So, yeah, as long as the note explains everything I don't see any reason not too. Though I think we should include directions to some of our places in case she wakes up, being the only ones to know about her and all."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig scratched at his own coat, suddenly feeling rather self conscious, "Agreed." He stood up and turned towards Amanda, "I will be back soon." He moved next to Eira and picked her up in his arms and in a small flash of light they were gone.
Back at his house, Rig stopped for a second, taking in all the changes that the workers had done while he was away. Something large on the wall, he assumed it was a TV; a black box with lights on the front, no idea what that was; a pair of thin colored rectangles on the coffee table, one adorned with the Transformers logo and another with various images from Norse mythology etched into it's surface. He set Eira down on the couch and pulled a blanket up over her before finding paper and a pencil and writing a note on why she was there and where they might be should she want to come looking for them, complete with a rather crude drawing of directions to each house. He surveyed his house before he left, rather impressed at the new additions, whatever they might be. He took one last look at Eira before leaving and in a similar flash of light, was back at Kaylee's house.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh sure, Kaylee. Blame the ghost!" Holly teases before looking over at the toony duo. In a blink she's standing in mid-air between them and she pecks them both on the cheek in quick succession.
"Aw shucks. You're so sweet. You're just saying that!" she demurs coyly.
The boys blushed under their fur and waved her off, smiling bashfully.

"We are never just saying, Holly!"

"We mean what we say when it comes to someone's appearance and your is simply rad-"

They stop talking, watching Eira transform with open mouths and wide eyes. They don't say a word even as Rig disappears with her, their eyes simply shifting to the table in shock.

"That was...unexpected."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

As Rig disappeared Amanda sighed, moving to pick up the prosthetic arm that had come off Eira's when she transformed. As she bent down to pick it up she noticed a backpack on the floor as well. She had completely forgotten their guest had brought a bag as well. As Rig returned she held up the arm and gave it a wave as she levitated the backpack with her telekinesis, "Forget something big boy? Don't worry I missed the bag too to be honest. But, I assume she would like these back when she wakes up." She held the arm out and levitated the pack closer to Rig expectantly.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig nodded, "Sorry. I forgot about them." He took the arm from Amanda and wrapped an arm around the backpack. He gave the cat a smile, "Thank you. I will be back soon." and with that he disappeared, baggage in hand. He set it down by the end of the couch Eira was on.
Last edited by Deske on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira stirs and mumbles in her sleep. Her tail tucked itself between her legs and she gripped her right arm. She was obviously having nightmares.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well... I should get back to the workshop. If i remember correctly, Sandy wanted to see if she could track down the strange fox, that teleported into the yard during the party yesterday, after the doghouse was delivered. I suspect she would appreciate a nap first, after everything..." 04 stated rather matter of factly, finishing off her tea, and climbing up onto the counter to rinse it off in the sink. Careful not to get any water on herself.

Once that was done, she started heading for the back door, partly to deliberately avoid going through the room Noah was in, and partially because going over the neighbor's roof squirrel style was much faster than going around via the sidewalk.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig was about to leave until he heard his guest mumbling in her sleep. He frowned slightly as, from what he could tell, it was obviously not a good dream.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira curled into a tight ball. She continued mumbling, though it was more audible now.

"N... No... Please... Not... Not a m...monster. Please... don't..."

She was gripping the sock on the end of her half missing arm. She nearly pulled it off, but it still remained for now.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Meanwhile...

There was a muffled 'thwup' sound as Bonnie's paw met her face. "So, guy with time powers gets called Doctor as if it's a name... Where's his police box?" she comments trying not to grin or laugh, and it shows. It sounds like she's not the only one in the audience that thinks that exchange is silly though. Apparently she's not completely out of the loop with some things TV related after all...

(Actually she is, but that series includes a few books and audio dramas.)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda thought for a moment before calling out to Sandy/04 who were in the back doorway, "Sandy. Four. Bit of a warning, I want you to know that I want the best for Sandy and you Four, and while Noah was being a bit... well a bit of an %$^, I won't hesitate to go to my Matriarch if anyone else gets hurt from this situation. INCLUDING you and Sandy." As she spoke something small had changed in Amanda, but it quickly snapped back into place as she adopted a smile and said, "Anyways, sweet dreams, and I hope you find your fox!" While it seemed abrupt, it would be doubly obvious to the telepath that both of Amanda's demeanors were sincere.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake chuckled as he rested against Bonnie. "I think it's just him hanging on to something he's actually earned. Besides, Mister Strange would be a terrible title!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig huffed and leaned back on the arm of the couch, "Heh. Það virðist sem við erum, í sömu bát. Að minnsta kosti, í sama vatninu.**" He sighed and lifted a hand over her, a familiar calm coming over the room, "Kannski mun Jera hjálpa þér að sofa auðveldara."

* Heh. It seems we are, uh, in the same boat. At least, in the same lake
** Maybe Jera will help you sleep easier