HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake thought for a few seconds. "Is there a break room," he asked. "Y'know, somewhere to let your fur down and beat all the humes at pool?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Takes one to know three," Kaylee said, a slightly childish tone to her voice.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I have a few. I have wood and metal working tools at home." He answered slowly, still working on translating what Sandy had said, "I make them based off of other animals. I was going to make one for each of you, but I have not had the time." He slid the safety goggles down over his eyes and pulled the switch on the saw, cutting another piece of wood, "Yes. My winter coat has come in now." He ran a paw across his arm, shifting the top layer of guard hairs out of the way to reveal a thicker under layer, "Stay warm in the winter, come spring it begins to shed. It is already cold at night though, so that is okay. It is nice to go out and look at the stars and moon on a clear night." He cut another corner in the wood for use as a brace in the wall and stacked it with the others.

----

"Eehhh, I hafta agree with Sandy on this one. I got used to the heat and temperate climate of Rome so the colds always been a bit of a shock once it really sets in." He hammers in another nail to support the loft floor, "Though I do like the cloudy days, good for sittin' next to a fire and drinking warm milk." He reached in the box and pulled out a few more nails, crawling along the beams to start on the loft flooring.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ugh. Fine. One day, if it'll get you to shut up and let me sleep." Socks acquiesces grudgingly, ignoring the man's hand as he stalks out of his cage.
"Well? You comin'?" he queries without looking back. He pauses a yard or so short of the receptionist and the airlock, waiting for the human to catch up and for the receptionist to let him out.

~~~~~~~~
"Hot dogth! Yum! When'th lunch?" Sandy grins. "Heh, thankth, Amanda. You're cool too! Right, Kaylee? Holly?"
"Yup." answers Holly, giving the cat a thumbs-up. Then she turns to Kaylee and pulls a face.
"Hot dog, cool cat... I can't think of any witty pun for you that doesn't involve toilet humour though, Kaylee."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Kaylee grinned, "I'm just a cat who can put the wind up people, Hol. Which should be your job." She looked at Sandy. "Didn't we just have breakfast?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's father still smiled as Socks walked past him. He straightened up and followed the cat and said to himself, quietly, "Well, a fair start I'd say."

----------------------

Amanda giggled, "Breakfast wasn't too long ago, Sandy. I'm sure we can get lunch later."
hackle

Post by hackle »

Hackle not even registering bonnies comment as he thought on, specifically, the type of weapon it should be 'knifes are too small, hammers are too clunky & like an axe too heavy, whip based designs could work, maybe a collapsable staff? N- well that could work.. if I could.....' his thoughts kept going as he chewed his endless ice cube
Last edited by hackle on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Hackle V. Tremor ~Friendly foxy foo!! ^o^
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

the 'wolf'spider turned, it's web finished hearing about the chance of them moving to another room
We are but candles in the suffocating darkness, gentle, beautiful, but deadly & ever consuming
Reaper Inkheart ~ Kavick Inkheart - blacksmithing tiger, S9, P8, E6, C4, I5, A6, L4 ~ sparty wolf, S)6 P)7 E)6 C)5 I)8 A)7 L)3
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I mean," Jake enthused, eyes shining, "I'd ask to see one of the engines but I'd probably try and lift one and that'd never do, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"WaitYourCoatIsThinMostOfTheYear? WhyWouldYouWantThat, That'sWierd." Sandy comments, staring at rig.

"They don't shed every six weeks or have to worry as much about getting wet though." Jack pipes up from where he's trying to line up the motor frame so it can be inserted under the doghouse quickly, unaware of just how strong Rig is or Noah can be.

Sandy simply huffs at the rebuttal, not speaking at first before finally grumbling "It'sStillWierd."

Looking over at Noah for a moment, she stares at him trying to read the explanation from him, before giving up. "IsThatACatThing? MilkIsForCerial. OrMakingPancakes. Or Other Foods."

- - - - - -

"Hackle? Hackle!" Bonnie verbally prods at the unresponsive fox trying to get his attention, Snapping a finger in front of his face, her attention momentarily off Jake. "Heloooo~ You awake?"

The dalmatian is visibly confused.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"If my fur was thick in Summer, I would get too hot. If it was thin in Winter, I would be too cold." He replies, nailing another wall support up. "Here." He brings up a memory of him standing in front of the mirror checking how his shedding was coming along. He looked more toned and slimmed down, but otherwise he hadn't changed that much. "That is from winter to spring some time ago."

------

"Yeah it's a cat thing, not all cats like milk but a lot do. But I mean, I can't argue over the deliciousness of a good pancake. It's also a drink though, so there's that." He laid the last board down for his half of the loft floor, "It's also nice to have something warm on a cold day, really sets the mood."
Last edited by Deske on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"II think he's entranced by the 'Mortal Kombat' section," Jake remarked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Come on, Socks. You know the drill." encourages the receptionist. The cat makes a sound of disgust but dutifully steps forward and allows himself to be collared and leashed. The receptionist hands the end of the leash to Socks' new owner and ushers the pair through the airlock and back into the reception area.
"So, I'll just get you to finalise the paperwork and then we'll take payment and then you'll be good to go." she says to the man.

~~~~~~~~
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Didn't we just have breakfast?"
"Yeah. Tho?" Sandy asks.
"Tch. Dogs. Ulp. Here they come." Holly grins before vanishing. Amanda will still be able to feel the cold on her shoulder though.

Socks appears bored and disinterested as he stands by the reception desk. Secretly though, he's watching the lady cats from the corner of his eye.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, you gotta get a new bag, Sandy," Kaylee reminded him, "but, other than that, all the cash we have can go on food later, yeah?" She gave Socks a wave. "and there's the cat of the day, Amanda."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's father nodded at the receptionists words, giving a smile and a wave to the pets before turning back to the receptionist, "Of course. Just tell me where to sign."

As they came into the view of the group of pets Amanda also gave a wave, if a tad nervously. She took Kaylee's paw into her own to try and be less nervous about meeting her new house-mate, "Um, do you mind introducing me to him, Kaylee? H-he might be more open if a familiar face is there r-rather than if I went alone."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course," Kaylee said, giving a little squeeze back before breaking the grip and stepping forward when he came through. "Said I'd be here when you got free, didn't I, Socks." She gestured to Amanda. "This is Amanda. She's someone you're gonna be like a brother to. Got that?" She narrowed her eyes very slightly and hoped she didn't need to say the threat implicit. She smiled. "Ready for some freedom, handsome? Oh," she added happily, turning to Amanda's dad. "Hello, sir, and thank you for all this."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If I bring him along," Jake said, indicating Hackle, "can we see the break room?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hackle

Post by hackle »

Snapping his attention to the snapping of digits "Wha.. Oh, sorry about that.." he scratched at his softly, for zoning out of the other two on his weapon he could get."Did I miss anything when I.. erm, zoned out "
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Jake and I were going to head to the break room, before he hurts himself trying to lift impossible things. Come on." Bonnie explained, gesturing to the aforementioned rabbit, and starting towards one of the doorways, before turning back and jokingly adding, "And I'm not leaving you here to drool over the pointier bits of kit."

"Sorry for ignoring you there a bit."
she commented to Jake, once back over where he was.

- - - - -

"Huh, I'mfluffyAllTheTimeMaybeIt'sASizeThing, ThoughMySheddingDoesSlowDownInTheWinterButMyCoatIsAlwaysSuperThickeitherWaySoMaybeIt'sAChinchillaThing, HeyDadWhatDo... OhNevermindYouWerentListeningHuh? UhYouDontNeedToBeSoPreciseAboutThatTheseTwoAreLikeCrazyStrongIDoubtItllBeThatHardToTipitUp." Sandy comments before scrunching her face up like she's concentrating, adding "OhWowThatIsAnAnoyingTune... HowLongHasThatBeenStuckInThere?"

"Too long." her owner just grumbles when he can finally get a word in edgewise.

Sandy now has the ducktales theme playing in her head on repeat, and since she's connected to Noah...

"IJustDon'tGoOutsideWhenItGetsTooColdForMe."
She answers after Noah's comment about liking warm drinks on cold days.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
hackle

Post by hackle »

he nods as he follows behind keeping an even pace of two arms lengths stopping the ice from reforming as he finishes the cube
Deske

Post by Deske »

"We could probably l-" He pauses as he's suddenly forced into any audience of the duck tales theme, on repeat of course. "I haven't heard this in forever!" He starts humming along to it, keeping surprisingly close in pitch to the actual song. "I used to watch this when I first moved in with mom, early morning with snacks for the cartoons. Yeah, those were good days." He reminisced aloud.

----

"Maybe, I do not think it would be fun if I could not go out in the winter. Everything is so crisp; the smells, the air, the snow. It is very nice." He walked over to Jack at the mention if the word Lift. "Do you need something moved? I am sure that Noah and I can do it."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, don't worry, Bonnie," Jake said. "After all, Hackle was all..." He let his ears droop ovefer the side of his head as his tongue lolled from his mouth and he went into an impression of a zombie walk. "My precious....." He snapped out of it. "...over those axes."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course," Kaylee said, giving a little squeeze back before breaking the grip and stepping forward when he came through. "Said I'd be here when you got free, didn't I, Socks." She gestured to Amanda. "This is Amanda. She's someone you're gonna be like a brother to. Got that?" She narrowed her eyes very slightly and hoped she didn't need to say the threat implicit. She smiled. "Ready for some freedom, handsome? Oh," she added happily, turning to Amanda's dad. "Hello, sir, and thank you for all this."
"Brother. Got it. And what, you're to be my mistress?" Socks drawls to Kaylee as the receptionist shows the human where to sign and where to stick his credit card.

Sandy decides it's best to stay back a bit, not exactly having gotten along with Socks during their last meeting, while Holly sits quietly on Amanda's shoulder, assessing the situation.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We'll go with 'good friend' for now and see what happens over time, eh," Kaylee chuckled, putting a hand on his shoulder and squeezing it encouragngly. "Gonna choose a tag?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's father turned to Kaylee at her thanks with a smile, "No problem. Anything for someone who's treated my daughter so well and earned her trust so. At the very least deserves chance, no?" He turned back to write where the receptionist indicated and slide his card.

Amanda followed after Kaylee, a little curious of her words towards Socks and a little put off from Socks' own words, though decided she wouldn't hold them against him. For now. She waved again, a tad awkwardly, "Hi, uh, nice to meet you." She said in greeting to Socks, giving a silent thanks to Holly's cold presence on her shoulder.
hackle

Post by hackle »

he raises an eyebrow as the refrences flew over his head like a jumbo jet
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bonnie couldn't quite supress a snicker at Jake's impression, the corner of a smile peeking out from behind the paw on her muzzle.
"Well, maybe not that bad." she commented as they headed down the hall, past a room that looked like it might have been a oddly furnished livingroom if everything were plywood props, "Training room." Bonnie explained, in answer to the unspoken question as they passed, her mind drifting to memories of running drills in mock-ups like that, navigating around prop debris and trying to see through artificial smoke clouds being generated by hidden machines. "It's for Practice, to make sure we can navigate through the real thing if we need to. It comes apart like a puzzle, Dad tends to change the layout on us every now and then. No actual fire, just smoke machines, heaters, and tons of stuff to trip over."

Past the training room, at the end of the hall is another relatively large room. Inside looks like a cross between a kitchenette, a living room, an office breakroom, and a few other things. It's surprisingly tidy despite the amount of stuff, one wall having a large TV, a few machines, and collections of games and movies, a dart board on another, couches chairs and tables in the appropriate places, and in one corner is a beanbag chair lightly dusted with shed fur next to a shelf of books. Fantasy novels mostly.

There's also a card table set up off to one side, currently occupied by Mike and Chris, playing... something, its hard to tell since they're half way in at the moment and talking about everything but the game. "What do you think?"

- - - - -

Well, by the second loop it seems Noah has gotten Sandy into the spirit of things, as she's slowed down her speech enough to keep time with the song.
"...-Might solve a mystery, or rewrite History!"

Jack is just cringing at the overly squeaky singing, trying to ignore it. "Hmmm? oh, no, not yet. Once I have this lined up right though, we'll need to boot those two off the frame so it can be moved on top of this." He explains, gesturing to the motorized section he's been working on positioning. "I want to get it so the frame wont need to be held up very long."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah is busy being caught up in the moment, the singing making the work that much less tedious.
"DuckTales! Woo-oo! Everyday they're out there making DuckTales! Woo-oo! Tales of daring do bad and good Luck Tales!" He sings happily as he picks up where she left off.

----

Rig flinched as a particularly high note was hit, giving Jack a look that sympathized with his pain. "Okay. I have a question." He looked at the frame, "Are we really going to be able to put a heater inside? All of the lights? It seem like so much."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ha ha, what a room," Jake said happily, hopping over to the beanbag and twisting on his final jump so he landed facing Bonnie amidst a sudden rain of fur. "I quite envy you, Bonnie," he said. "The things I can do, I do for one old lady and I've got a bare room for it. I mean I'm happy with it and all but... What you do? You do so much more for so many people and you've got colleagues and friends... hello, sirs," he added, waving to the two who were now looking at him, "... and rooms like this? You're so lucky, y'know? No pool table, though. Did you beat them too many times?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"D-D-D-Danger, What's behind you? There's a stranger, Out to find you. What to do, just grab on to some Duck Tales!" Sandy continues, Filling in the next verse after Noah does the chorus, the same time as she starts bringing boards Rig cut earlier up to the loft to start making the roof.

"Well, A few lights a fan and a heater won't actually draw that much, the battery can take it as long as they're not all on at once, but we'll probably wire in a socket for an extension cord anyway. At the very least it'll make it easy to charge." Jack explains, glancing over at the singing duo while setting the RC remote down off to the side. "Sandy's good with wires... er... Assuming she doesn't keep getting distracted singing show themes. It shouldn't take too long. I think."

- - - - - - -

"Being service animals is about more than what we get out of it Jake, It's about helping those that need it." Bonnie answered, at the comment about not getting much back. A small part of her mind reminding her that the most important thing she had gained since arriving here, Friends who she can be herself around, magic and all, didn't come from the station either. "And no, We don't have a pool table. We used to, but um..."

"Bon' had a bad habit of chewing 'sticks' when she first got here."

"Mike!"
Last edited by Buster on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We'll go with 'good friend' for now and see what happens over time, eh," Kaylee chuckled, putting a hand on his shoulder and squeezing it encouragngly.
"How about just 'friend' then and we'll go from there?" Socks queries sardonically.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:"Hi, uh, nice to meet you."
"Yeah, whatever. You too, I guess."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Gonna choose a tag?"
This is something Socks hadn't expected and somewhere within his jaded interior stirs a glimmer of hope.
"...I get to choose?" he queries, trying to hide his surprise.

Sandy, still standing in the background, grins to himself at this turn of events.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course," Kaylee said, trying to be calm as she caught sight of a bin outside teetering against an invisible force. "And, if they don't have any you like? Take a temporary one and buy a new one from a shop later." She reached up and scritched behind one of his ears. "All your choice, Socks."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda was disappointed and felt a slight sting from the shallow greeting. Her ears lowered slowly, not feeling all too welcome at that moment. Her ears perked back up quickly as her father's phone vibrated in her grasp. She saw it to be a text and walked past the other two cats, missing Kaylee scratching Socks' ear, "Quia vos.*" She held out the phone for her father.

Amanda's father looked down and took the phone from her, "Ah, ha, thank ya lass." He looked over the text and smiled at its contents before returning to finishing up the paperwork, giving himself a reminder to do something for Kaylee or her owner for her help.

(* For you.)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Be nice to her," Kaylee grumble-whispered into Socks' ear. "You do recall how?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks has to resist melting and bites back a purr as his ear is scratched. He hopes Kaylee won't notice. To cover his embarrassment he rolls his eyes at Kaylee's comment and steps to the stand of tags, casting his eye critically over them. One in particular catches his eye, and he snickers and grabs it down.
"What do you guys think?" he asks, holding it up against his throat. It's a black bow-tie and buttons on a white disc, rather appropriate for a tuxedo cat like Socks.

In the background Sandy gives Socks a thumbs-up but the cat doesn't notice, watching the two lady cats instead of the dog.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee smiled. "That works, wouldn't you say, Amanda?" She hoped her friend might also pick up on Socks' little burst of happiness as a hint to the real cat under the armour.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda turned as Socks spoke and wondered what would be the best to say when Kaylee asked her thoughts as well, "Spectat bonum.* It compliments you, a-and looks nice."

(*It looks good.)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Buster wrote:"D-D-D-Danger, What's behind you? There's a stranger, Out to find you. What to do, just grab on to some Duck Tales!" Sandy continues, Filling in the next verse after Noah does the chorus, the same time as she starts bringing boards Rig cut earlier up to the loft to start making the roof.

"Well, A few lights a fan and a heater won't actually draw that much, the battery can take it as long as they're not all on at once, but we'll probably wire in a socket for an extension cord anyway. At the very least it'll make it easy to charge." Jack explains, glancing over at the singing duo while setting the RC remote down off to the side. "Sandy's good with wires... er... Assuming she doesn't keep getting distracted singing show themes. It shouldn't take too long. I think."
Noah finishes it off with gusto, Everyday they're out there making Duck Tales! Tales of daring do bad and good. Duck Tales! Not pony tales or cotton tales, no, Duck Tales!" He laughs as he finishes the song, "Oh man I loved that show. I should watch it again." He helped Sandy start putting the roof together.

-----

"Oh, I think I understand. She is going to put wires in the house and then it will light up and be warm?" He asks Jack, straightening everything out in his head. "I think Sandy is going to like this. But why would he live here and not in his house?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake laughed at mike's comment. "Well, if you can't beat 'em," he said, "make sure they can't beat you, eh?" He looked around. "Mrs Wilkins taught me how to read somewhat properly," he said, "but I don't think I've seen this many books outside of a bookshop!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, yes, but it's not the wires by themselves that do that... Or if it is you have a problem." Jack explains, Chuckling at his own joke, before questioning from rig's expression if he gets it... "...Uh, because that would mean an electrical fire? kinda a bad thing?" he stumbles over the words a little, but before he can say more, somebody doesn't feel like stopping their musical escapades, and has plenty of material left thanks to her old man's VHS collection.

It seems the next track sandy has in mind, she has the perfect voice for. Fast and squeaky just seems natural with this one.
"Watch out, 'cause here we come! It's been a while, but, we're back with style, so, Get set, to have some fun. We'll bring you action, and satisfaction." She sings, dancing along to the tune while continuing to put the doghouse together.

"Oh no... I was afraid that might happen... She's going to be at this for hours unless someone derails her." Jack grumbles, face-palming at sandy's impression of a chipmunk voice. the other question going unanswered and somewhat forgotten.

- - - - -

Bonnie is alternating between glaring at Mike, glaring at Jake, and silently fuming while turning the color of a tomato.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't worry, Bonnie," Jake chuckled, "you're still brilliant."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Socks turned back towards the counter, Kaylee edged towards Amanda and Holly. "He's used to being returned," she said in a low voice. "He's armouring by sabotaging himself. Not getting close quickly. But see his smile when he found that tag?" She kept a little distance in case Socks turned around.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig scratched at his chin, "Usually fire is a good thing. Electrical fire is a bad thing because-," His eyes widened as he had a small epiphany, "Ooh! Because then the walls would be on fire too! That-" A sudden burst of song interrupted him and his train of thought. He listened to jack before singing a song in his own language, one he learned from a passerby a couple years back. He started out slow before growing faster and louder, the rhythm and beat almost irresistible with its upbeat and adventurous feeling. In his mind pictures of mountains and valleys, friends and travellers flowed with the music, creating a rather nice show.

-----

Noah opened his mouth to perform a duet with Sandy when he stopped and looked over the edge of the roof at the wolf. He gave Sandy a little nudge to get her attention before giving a short nod in Rig's direction, "Listen. I can't understand any of it but I can feel it."