HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: HPU: Exotic Acres

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Probably? Well, I guess we should get going then. See you all tomorrow?"
"Yeah, We'll hang out then. Hopefully the weather is better," Met replied as he headed to the door with everyone else.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"There's a will, there's a way my dude, maybe we can try something tomorrow"
"Not sure what there is to try that will change bizzaro luck like that, but OK." Jack said, skeptically.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Yeah, We'll hang out then. Hopefully the weather is better," Met replied as he headed to the door with everyone else.
Jack followed along. "Where should we all meet up?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The small fox nods while mumbling something, stepping out of the way of the larger animals as they proceed to the door. She continues fidgeting with the hem of her jacket, looking a bit anxious but otherwise eager to be out.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The next morning, the tornado is all over the news. While the town had thankfully been spared, a nearby substation had been damaged, meaning most of the town would be without power for at least the next day. Because of this, many businesses are shut, and the town is unusually peaceful.

The dangerous storm has long since moved on but the sky remains gloomy and a fine drizzle hangs in the air, the kind that gently but thoroughly soaks everything and everyone within five minutes of being outside. This, too, discourages travel and oppresses sound, making the town feel even quieter.

Through this haze two kangaroos slowly hop, stopping every now and again to graze at a bit of greenery. They chat in hushed voices, unbothered by the rain but unwilling to disturb the atmosphere of the place, alert for danger as they make their unhurried way toward the house of a friendly lion and an energetic monkey.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Met wasn't about to let a little rain get in the way of his daily run, but he did cut it short. Maria had stayed home and he wanted to get back to her, plus Jake and Joey were coming over. He waited outside of his house once he got back.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

A red fox named John peeked out his window in the southwest section of the town. While under normal circumstances he wouldn't go outside, but due to the town being without power, the video games the he would have been using to pass the time were non-functional. So, he grabbed an umbrella, and yelled, "Moooom, I'm going for a walk!" His mom replied, "Okay, please be careful out there!"

John left his house and walked along the sidewalk.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jack woke up at the same time he always does, neither being too early or too late. He got up, ate the most boring breakfast available, and contemplated putting something on it to make it the least bit interesting. He checked the spice rack and, true to his luck, there wasn't so much as salt left. He let his dad know about the lack of spice, both on the rack and just in his life in general, and then mentioned he was going out to try to meet some friends. He grabbed his raincoat and stepped outside.

Even the weather was ordinary. It wasn't sunny enough to be fun, but it wasn't rainy enough to be exciting. He hoped that, once he joined up with his new friends, things hopefully would get more interesting.
-Champion Motto

FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

CyberDragon wrote:Jack woke up at the same time he always does, neither being too early or too late. He got up, ate the most boring breakfast available, and contemplated putting something on it to make it the least bit interesting. He checked the spice rack and, true to his luck, there wasn't so much as salt left. He let his dad know about the lack of spice, both on the rack and just in his life in general, and then mentioned he was going out to try to meet some friends. He grabbed his raincoat and stepped outside.

Even the weather was ordinary. It wasn't sunny enough to be fun, but it wasn't rainy enough to be exciting. He hoped that, once he joined up with his new friends, things hopefully would get more interesting.
A fox carrying an umbrella waved to Jack and walked beside him. he said, "Hi! I'm John. I'm new to this town, and I was wondering if you could show me around." He smiled, and asked, "Oh, and before I forget, what's your name?"
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The badger in the raincoat turned to the fox addressing him. "Oh... um..." he started. "My name's Jack. I'm sorry... but I'm actually on my way to meet some friends right now. I don't have time to show you around, really..."
-Champion Motto

FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

"Oh, that's okay, Jack." John said. "Actually, could you introduce me to your friends please? I just moved into this town and I don't have any friends here yet."
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

The cold, gloomy air and the gentle sound of the rain would have made this a perfect day to sleep in. Unfortunately, the sound of splashing and running water from the bathroom woke old Tom up from his slumber.
"Storm? You in there girl?" he asked, knocking gently on the door
"ye-yeah I'm here dad" the lioness replied, clearly was spooked by the sudden knocking
"You ok in there?"
"Yeah I'm alright. I'm alright, just give me a moment"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As the roos approach their leonine friend, they begin to snicker. They do their best to hide it though.
"G'day, Met!"
"How's it -ahem- going?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

FoxyBoi wrote:"Oh, that's okay, Jack." John said. "Actually, could you introduce me to your friends please? I just moved into this town and I don't have any friends here yet."
Jack just shrugged. "I mean, I guess? Just know, I'm not really the most... interesting... person to hang out with."
-Champion Motto

FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

"Oh..." the fox paused for a minute, as if he really wasn't sure what to say. "Well, I believe anyone can be interesting if they really try. Besides, I need someone to introduce me to some people!"
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jack shook his head. "Everyone keeps saying that. But I've tried doing interesting things. Something always stops it from getting interesting. I want to go to a movie? The showing gets cancelled. I want to try a concert? It gets rained out. I want to go out for a walk? The sun gets blocked by clouds." He sighed, figuring there wouldn't be any harm in helping out. "But alright. You can follow me."
-Champion Motto

FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

"Yay, let's go!" the fox says, "I've always wanted some friends!"
He pauses, and says, "Yeah... I've never really had a lot of friends. I don't know why. Also, I'm sorry to hear about that stuff that happened to you."
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:As the roos approach their leonine friend, they begin to snicker. They do their best to hide it though.
"G'day, Met!"
"How's it -ahem- going?"
"Good morning. It's going alright," the lion replied, while texting Maria to let her know he was outside.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla steps out in a rain coat, ears tucked under the hood with water resistant boots on so her paws don't get soaked with all the fur. She hugs her new notebook and pen close to protect them from the ongoing shower, her head down to help protect against any wind as she heads north into town.

-----

Valor stretches his wings out, yawning. "'Find a friend' he says... At least the rain clouds offer some protection from the sun," he grumbles to himself. After one final shake to ready himself for the damp flight, the bat lets go, doing his best to keep under the trees as he wanders the jungle district.
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good, good."
"Snrk. Sorry, Met. It's just, you look silly with your mane all flattened down and wet like that!"
"Maria didn't wanna join your run today?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

FoxyBoi wrote:"Yay, let's go!" the fox says, "I've always wanted some friends!"
He pauses, and says, "Yeah... I've never really had a lot of friends. I don't know why. Also, I'm sorry to hear about that stuff that happened to you."
Jack shrugged. "I guess the positive of nothing ever happening is nothing bad ever happens either. Pretty sure the tornado yesterday went away specifically so it wouldn't make my day any more interesting than it already did." the badger joked.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Good morning. It's going alright," the lion replied, while texting Maria to let her know he was outside.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Good, good."
"Snrk. Sorry, Met. It's just, you look silly with your mane all flattened down and wet like that!"
The two of them walked further into town until Jack spotted several familiar faces. A lion and two kangaroos in particular. "Hey guys. Glad I managed to find you. This is John." Jack pointed to the red fox.
-Champion Motto

FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

John's ears perk up when he sees them. He smiles and waves. He says, "Hey guys! It's nice to meet you! What're your names?"
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Good, good."
"huh? oh, right," the lion shook off to dry his mane a bit. "Nah, she doesn't really like the rain.
CyberDragon wrote:The two of them walked further into town until Jack spotted several familiar faces. A lion and two kangaroos in particular. "Hey guys. Glad I managed to find you. This is John." Jack pointed to the red fox.
FoxyBoi wrote:John's ears perk up when he sees them. He smiles and waves. He says, "Hey guys! It's nice to meet you! What're your names?"
"Oh, hi there. I'm Met," the lion introduced himself as the door behind him opened and a monkey came out. "and this is Maria."
"Oh, hi," the Capuchin greeted.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh!"
"G'day! I'm Jake!"
"Joey! Pleased ta meetcha!"
"We're twins."
"You know, if you hadn't noticed." the roos greet the newcomer. Stepping onto the porch, the roos flank Maria and shake themselves dry-ish, neither considering or realising the impact this will probably have on the monkey until it's too late.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

John smiles and says "Hi everyone! It's great to be meeting new friends!" He looks at everyone around him. "You know, I've never met a lion before. Or a monkey, or a kangaroo for that matter!" He pauses, and then says, "So, what are we gonna be doing today?"
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla stops a bit back from the gathering, both weary from her relatively long walk and wary of the new fox. She opts instead to watch for the moment, ears pushing up at the rain cap she's wearing as she listens curiously.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Storm?" Thomas knocked on the bathroom door again. It's been over 10 minutes since he last called, and Storm was still in the bathroom, which wasn't normal "you alright?"
"I'm ok! I'm ok."
"You sure?" he asked, still worried "What are you doing in there?"
"Just washing my wounds for a little bit"
"Wounds? What wounds?" the man asked worryingly as he opened the door out of instinct, only to see Storm sitting in the bathtub showering herself from the head down, a few marks of burnt and singed fur can be seen on her arms and legs.
"What happened?! How did you hurt yourself like this?!"
"Dad it's fine" Storm grumbled "It just stings a little, not even hurt anymore"
"Did you try cooking or something, how did this even happened?"
"I don't know, I just woke up feeling hurt in places and found myself like this, that's it"
"That's it?"
"Dad, really"
"Well....I'm gonna call the vet anyway just to be sure"
"What?! No dad stop!
A few moments later, the vet's phone rang
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"So, Met, is there anything you guys are planning on doing today?" Jack asked. "If so, mind if we join?"
-Champion Motto

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:35 am "Oh!"
"G'day! I'm Jake!"
"Joey! Pleased ta meetcha!"
"We're twins."
"You know, if you hadn't noticed." the roos greet the newcomer. Stepping onto the porch, the roos flank Maria and shake themselves dry-ish, neither considering or realising the impact this will probably have on the monkey until it's too late.
Maria was distracted by the newcomer and didn't notice the roos getting close to her, so the sudden rainstorm caught her by surprise. "hey, watch where you're shaking," the she exclaimed, attempting to block the spray with her hands before climbing onto Met. "*pfft**ptoo* Some of it got in my mouth."

Met chuckled a bit.
CyberDragon wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:27 pm "So, Met, is there anything you guys are planning on doing today?" Jack asked. "If so, mind if we join?"
"Nah, we were just hanging out," the lion replied. "the more the merrier."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh!"
"Uh..."
"Sorry, "Maria!" the roos say together.
"Heh, I guess at least you're now as wet as the rest of us. Fair's fair and all that." Joey jokes.
"Oh, hey, Tesla!" Jake waves, spotting the fennec in the background.
"You wanna come hang out with us? Whatcha got there?" he asks, nodding at the book clutched in Tesla's arms.

~~~~~~~~
"Kingston Exotic Vets, this is Geoff speaking. How can I help you?" Geoff says, first into the remote for the heat pump which he'd grabbed without looking, and then into the actual phone. He's glad no one else is around to witness his mistake.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla tenses briefly at the call, then steps forward to properly join the group. "It's... a new journal, after I lost my last one in the storm yesterday," she answers quietly, still trying to keep a comfortable space between herself and the new fox. "I... like to organize my thoughts and observations..."
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:21 am "Kingston Exotic Vets, this is Geoff speaking. How can I help you?" Geoff says, first into the remote for the heat pump which he'd grabbed without looking, and then into the actual phone. He's glad no one else is around to witness his mistake.
"Hi, sorry for calling so early. My pet, a lioness, she seemed to have burn marks on her"
"Dad I'm fine! For **** sake" Storm's voice could be heard in the distance
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:17 am Maria was distracted by the newcomer and didn't notice the roos getting close to her, so the sudden rainstorm caught her by surprise. "hey, watch where you're shaking," the she exclaimed, attempting to block the spray with her hands before climbing onto Met. "*pfft**ptoo* Some of it got in my mouth."

Met chuckled a bit.

"Nah, we were just hanging out," the lion replied. "the more the merrier."
Jack smiled slightly at Maria and the roos' antics. "Well, where do we want to go to hang out?" he asked.
-Champion Motto

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:31 pmJack smiled slightly at Maria and the roos' antics. "Well, where do we want to go to hang out?" he asked.
"We could hang out in the caves under the town," Maria suggested. "There are some cool bats that live dwn there."

"Eh, the caves aren't that exciting," Met said. "They're artificial so there aren't even any interesting formations." The lion thought over what options were around town. "A laser tag arcade place just moved in on main street."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Leafolawl wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:00 pm Tesla tenses briefly at the call, then steps forward to properly join the group. "It's... a new journal, after I lost my last one in the storm yesterday," she answers quietly, still trying to keep a comfortable space between herself and the new fox. "I... like to organize my thoughts and observations..."
"Ah, cool. Sorry about your old journal. Maybe we can find it again?" Jake suggests.

"What's laser tag, Met?" Joey wants to know.

~~~~~~~~
"Oh. Do you know what's caused them? I take it they're somewhat severe since you've called me?"[/color] Geoff asks, reaching for a notepad.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:32 pm "We could hang out in the caves under the town," Maria suggested. "There are some cool bats that live dwn there."

"Eh, the caves aren't that exciting," Met said. "They're artificial so there aren't even any interesting formations." The lion thought over what options were around town. "A laser tag arcade place just moved in on main street."
Jack just shrugged at this. "That sounds like it would be fine with me, personally. Laser Tag sounds more interesting than just standing here."
-Champion Motto

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:14 am "Oh. Do you know what's caused them? I take it they're somewhat severe since you've called me?"[/color] Geoff asks, reaching for a notepad.

"Well, she doesn't tell me, exactly, she said she just woke up like that, and.......I don't know how severe they are, but the wounds happen in multiple spots from what I've seen"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla hugs her new journal close. "Between the storm's precipitation and the wind speed, it's likely that even if I had left my journal under one of the benches at the mini-golf center it would be illegible, and that assumes the moisture hasn't fused the pages together," the small fox reasons, consciously checking that her rain coat is over the journal to protect it from the light drizzle.

"That in mind, I'd rather not set the new one down just yet, and... I worry about the size difference advantages involved in competition games."
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Leafolawl wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:44 pm Tesla hugs her new journal close. "Between the storm's precipitation and the wind speed, it's likely that even if I had left my journal under one of the benches at the mini-golf center it would be illegible, and that assumes the moisture hasn't fused the pages together," the small fox reasons, consciously checking that her rain coat is over the journal to protect it from the light drizzle.

"That in mind, I'd rather not set the new one down just yet, and... I worry about the size difference advantages involved in competition games."
"Well, Laser tag's one of the few games where us smaller pets have the unfair advantage," Maria reassured Tesla. "But holding a journal would probably make it hard, so we should probably do something else then."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, bring her straight in and I'll take a look. We're not open just yet but ring the doorbell when you arrive and I'll let you in." Geoff promises.

~~~~~~~~
"So what do you suggest we do instead, Maria?"
"What about that rabbit from yesterday, Tesla? Maybe it's at his house." Joey suggests.
"I think he's a hare. But yeah, maybe. Maybe we should go back and ask him. And we could invite him to hang out. He seemed cool."
"No, he's definitely a rabbit."
"No, pretty sure he's a hare."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:14 am "Well, bring her straight in and I'll take a look. We're not open just yet but ring the doorbell when you arrive and I'll let you in." Geoff promises.
"Alright, thank you very much, we'll be right over" Thomas replied and quickly hung up the phone, as the lioness' groan of frustration can be heard throughout the house