HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Leafolawl

Re: HPU: Exotic Acres

Post by Leafolawl »

"That's a good general assumption, yes..." The fox goes over and sits down closer to the others, anxiously stroking her own tail.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"How long do you normally have to stay down for?" Joey asks.
"it really just depends on how fast the storm moves on," Met answered.
Hlaoroo wrote:Jake, on the other paw, is fascinated by the radio and shifts to look at it more closely.
"This is so cool! Can we talk to people with it? Geoff has something like it in his car he uses to talk to the clinic sometimes. What's that handle do? And the thin shiny thing?" he asks, pointing to the antenna.
"Nah, this is just a one way radio," Riggs explained. "The handle actually charges it so it doesn't need batteries. and the thin shiny thing is like its ears, it's how it gets the sounds we hear from it."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah." says Joey.
"I see. And I suppose the humans haven't invented anything to make it go faster, have they?" he asks hopefully.

~~~~~~~~
"Huh. cool! And the little thing with the numbers is who you're talking to, right? I mean, who it's listening to. But who's talking to it?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

CyberDragon wrote:"It is that cold thousands of feet up where the storm is." Jack said, casually. "Hail's not too uncommon in thunderstorms, and often happens during tornadoes."
"That can happen huh?" Storm mused "I didn't know about that. Where did you learn about these things?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jack shrugged nonchalantly. "I've lived in the midwest all my life. Fitting, since it's the most boring plain-looking part of the country. But since so much of it is flat, and we've got the hot air from the south meeting the cold air from the north, we get a lot of tornadoes. This isn't my first I've been through."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"It has striking similarities to haboobs, which I am more familiar with... However, tornadoes are far colder, and much more specific about what kind of shelter is safe." The fox stands back up to pace, ears folding back. "Makes me real worried about mom..." she adds, mumbling.
Love me right now! Done.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Haboobs?" Jack asked. He pulled his phone out of his collar. He searched the term on his browser. "Yeah, we don't get those here." he said. "Tornadoes are a lot smaller, but can be a lot more powerful. An F5 tornado can lift a house off of it's foundation. We're probably dealing with an F1 though. It can do a lot of damage, but as long as people stay away from windows, they should be fine."
-Champion Motto

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Haboob" Storm said "That's a weird name , haboob"
Leafolawl wrote:"It has striking similarities to haboobs, which I am more familiar with... However, tornadoes are far colder, and much more specific about what kind of shelter is safe." The fox stands back up to pace, ears folding back. "Makes me real worried about mom..." she adds, mumbling.
"Yeah.....me too"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah." says Joey.
"I see. And I suppose the humans haven't invented anything to make it go faster, have they?" he asks hopefully
Well making it faster could make it worse," met explained.
Leafolawl wrote:"Makes me real worried about mom..." she adds, mumbling.
Serence Frostbite wrote: "Yeah.....me too"
"Well the radio doesn't seem to be mentioning the tornado coming through town," Met said. "So I think for now the worst you have to worry about is hail breaking windows."[/quote]
-----------
Hlaoroo wrote: "Huh. cool! And the little thing with the numbers is who you're talking to, right? I mean, who it's listening to. But who's talking to it?"
"Basically, yeah. There's someone in a building somewhere kinda close but far away," Riggs explained. "They have another machine that sends the words out to everyone with one of these."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Cool! That sounds like fun. I'd like to try it!"

"How would it be worse? It'd be gone quicker."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"The amount of damage a tornado is capable of causing is directly related to wind speed." Jack explained to the roo. "The faster the wind,
The more dangerous the tornado. If a tornado is moving fast enough, it can pick up and throw cars, trees, even whole houses. You want a tornado to be slow. Even if it lasts longer,
There's only so much damage it can do."
-Champion Motto

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla flicks one of her ears, a fairly noticable motion considering their size in relation to her body. "I want my journal back... hopefully it's not hurt too bad by the rain."
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

CyberDragon wrote:"The amount of damage a tornado is capable of causing is directly related to wind speed." Jack explained to the roo. "The faster the wind,
The more dangerous the tornado. If a tornado is moving fast enough, it can pick up and throw cars, trees, even whole houses. You want a tornado to be slow. Even if it lasts longer,
There's only so much damage it can do."
"but if it's slow and stay in one place, wouldn't we be stuck here longer? and the longer it's happening, the more chances of something bad happening, right?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla turns to Jack and Storm. "It's a bit more complex than either of those answers, but for now it doesn't sound like it matters. It's growing quiet outside," she explains, stepping over to listen at the radio eagerly. "Please be passing, please be passing," she chants under her breath.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"How would it be worse? It'd be gone quicker."
"Well, I think there's a station nearby," Riggs replied. "Maybe they'd want to talk to a couple of exotic pets sometime."
------------
Serence Frostbite wrote: "but if it's slow and stay in one place, wouldn't we be stuck here longer? and the longer it's happening, the more chances of something bad happening, right?"
"Well, yeah," Maria chimed in. "But i'd rather have it slow and break a window than fast and destroy a house."
Leafolawl wrote:Tesla turns to Jack and Storm. "It's a bit more complex than either of those answers, but for now it doesn't sound like it matters. It's growing quiet outside," she explains, stepping over to listen at the radio eagerly. "Please be passing, please be passing," she chants under her breath.
The voice on the radio reported that the tornado had died down to a normal rainstorm, but to stay tuned for any further developments in the storm.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Looks like it dying down" Storm's ears perked up at the radio "that's good"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Should we head upstairs then?" Jack asked.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well, I think there's a station nearby," Riggs replied. "Maybe they'd want to talk to a couple of exotic pets sometime."
"Really? Awesome! What would we talk about though? And how would we organise it?" Joey asks.
CyberDragon wrote:"Should we head upstairs then?" Jack asked.
"Hmm. I think up should be easier and less painful than down." Jake opines.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I agree" Storm said, her motivation rose "The sooner we come up the better"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla reaches up to fiddle with the tag. "Well, the tornado is at least gone, but it's still going to be freezing out there... I can't wait until I'm home, cozied up under a sun lamp."
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote: "Really? Awesome! What would we talk about though? And how would we organise it?" Joey asks.
"Well, maybe about the differences between life in the wild and life here," Riggs answered. "and you'd just have to make some calls, talk to the right people."
Leafolawl wrote:Tesla reaches up to fiddle with the tag. "Well, the tornado is at least gone, but it's still going to be freezing out there... I can't wait until I'm home, cozied up under a sun lamp."
"yeah, we should probably all head home," Met said. "let everyone know we're safe."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I can do calls! Kookaburra, crow, Tawny Frogmouth, owl, whatever you like... I don't see how that would help me get on the radio though..."

"Yeah, Met. Or, can we use your talky-box and let them know that way? Then we can keep hanging out."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Meanwhile, while everyone's talking about going upstairs or calling their families, Jack has already started walking upstairs without anyone really noticing him. In fact, he's already called his dad and is at the tail-end of his conversation. "...Alright Dad. Love you too. Bye." he said before hanging up and stowing his phone in his collar. "Dad knows I'm safe. I told him I'd be back later today. So what should we do now? I'm free for a while."
-Champion Motto

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Leafolawl wrote:Tesla reaches up to fiddle with the tag. "Well, the tornado is at least gone, but it's still going to be freezing out there... I can't wait until I'm home, cozied up under a sun lamp."
"Well, cold or not, I'm gonna go up. Sorry for being a worrywart guys, but I gotta check on my dad." Storm said, beginning her climb out of the basement "Maaaaaaaybe we can hang out afterward still? If there's still time?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla takes the stairs in bounds of three to the top. "I plan on going home so I can warm up and get some sleep. It's been a long day, and the sudden tornado has been taxing emotionally, not to mention physically with cold rain and hail."
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"I can do calls! Kookaburra, crow, Tawny Frogmouth, owl, whatever you like... I don't see how that would help me get on the radio though..."
"actually, if you're good at that they may wanna hear those," Riggs said. "but I meant on the phone."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah, Met. Or, can we use your talky-box and let them know that way? Then we can keep hanging out."
"Well, yeah, but it seems like we're losing a couple people," Met said. "and if another tornado forms it may be better to be home."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"If everyone's headed home..." Jack said, "I might as well head home too. Nothing interesting ever happens when I'm on my own."
-Champion Motto

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

CyberDragon wrote:"If everyone's headed home..." Jack said, "I might as well head home too. Nothing interesting ever happens when I'm on my own."
"Aw don't think of it like that" Storm said, feeling a little bad for her new acquaintance "I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting thing around here. Just gotta have to look around. Howl, if it wasn't for my worrying, I could have called this hail.......interesting on its own"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well, yeah, but it seems like we're losing a couple people," Met said. "and if another tornado forms it may be better to be home."
"There's gonna be another one?" Jake looks worried.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"actually, if you're good at that they may wanna hear those," Riggs said. "but I meant on the phone."
"Oh, the talky-box. I wouldn't have a clue who to call though."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla steps away from the top of the stairs. "It's always a threat until the weather passes... We just have to be quick and careful, go to a public storm shelter if needed... Thank you again Riggs, sorry about the emergency visit... and the blanket..." She nervously grabs her jacket, running her fingers along the hems.
Love me right now! Done.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"Aw don't think of it like that" Storm said, feeling a little bad for her new acquaintance "I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting thing around here. Just gotta have to look around. Howl, if it wasn't for my worrying, I could have called this hail.......interesting on its own"
"No, really." Jack started. "I sometimes wonder if I'm cursed with monotony. Once, the carnival was in town and the moment I bought my ticket, it started to rain and the carnival closed. There was a solar eclipse a while back. It ended two minutes before I got there. It just kind of goes on like that. Even when I find something exciting to do, something happens to cancel the plan before I can do it." He shrugged. "It's not all bad, I guess. Nothing happening to me also means nothing bad happens either."
-Champion Motto

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote: "There's gonna be another one?" Jake looks worried.
"Maybe," Maria answers. "Weather can be unpredictable."
"But it's not a definite thing."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, the talky-box. I wouldn't have a clue who to call though."
"If you're really interested, I'm sure your human could try to get you in," Riggs says to the roo.
Leafolawl wrote:Tesla steps away from the top of the stairs. "It's always a threat until the weather passes... We just have to be quick and careful, go to a public storm shelter if needed... Thank you again Riggs, sorry about the emergency visit... and the blanket..." She nervously grabs her jacket, running her fingers along the hems.
"Oh, don't worry about it," the rabbit replied. "you guys are alright, I wasn't doing much"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sh-shouldn't we stay inside then, just in case?" Jake asks.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"If you're really interested, I'm sure your human could try to get you in," Riggs says to the roo.
"Um, sure, okay. Thanks! Um, just call Geoff at the vets if you need us. He's our o-... He... I can't say it. He's the human we live with now."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

CyberDragon wrote: "No, really." Jack started. "I sometimes wonder if I'm cursed with monotony. Once, the carnival was in town and the moment I bought my ticket, it started to rain and the carnival closed. There was a solar eclipse a while back. It ended two minutes before I got there. It just kind of goes on like that. Even when I find something exciting to do, something happens to cancel the plan before I can do it." He shrugged. "It's not all bad, I guess. Nothing happening to me also means nothing bad happens either."
"I suppose that's one way to look at it" Storm let out a small chuckle as she stepped aside to make way for others "Still though, we should probably try to fix that one of these days. Bad luck can only last so long ya know"
Hlaoroo wrote:"Sh-shouldn't we stay inside then, just in case?" Jake asks.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"If you're really interested, I'm sure your human could try to get you in," Riggs says to the roo.
"Um, sure, okay. Thanks! Um, just call Geoff at the vets if you need us. He's our o-... He... I can't say it. He's the human we live with now."
"Why couldn't you?" she asked curiously
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

In spite of herself, the small fox smiles at Riggs. "It was still bold to come check the door... especially with your owners out. I'll bring some cactus fruit over some time."
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:"Sh-shouldn't we stay inside then, just in case?" Jake asks.
"it's probably safe long enough to get home," Met reassured.
Serence Frostbite wrote: "Um, sure, okay. Thanks! Um, just call Geoff at the vets if you need us. He's our o-... He... I can't say it. He's the human we live with now."
"eh, whatever makes ya more comfortable," the jackrabbit said.
Leafolawl wrote:In spite of herself, the small fox smiles at Riggs. "It was still bold to come check the door... especially with your owners out. I'll bring some cactus fruit over some time."
"I'll look forward to it," he replied with a smile.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"Why couldn't you?" she asked curiously
Joey sighs.
"Because we're wild animals. Born and raised wild until we were snatched and dragged over here. We're not objects, we're not things to own. We're people."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"it's probably safe long enough to get home," Met reassured.
"Probably? Well, I guess we should get going then. See you all tomorrow?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"I suppose that's one way to look at it" Storm let out a small chuckle as she stepped aside to make way for others "Still though, we should probably try to fix that one of these days. Bad luck can only last so long ya know"
Jack just shrugged. "I guess something interesting finally happening would be... well, interesting. But I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about it."
-Champion Motto

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Tesla looks around at everyone while fidgeting with the hem of her jacket a bit, then quietly says, " Thanks for the fun day... I think I should go home though. Mom'll be worried." She shuffles for the door, going to open it before the fact it's too high for her to reach without jumping stops her.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Joey sighs.
"Because we're wild animals. Born and raised wild until we were snatched and dragged over here. We're not objects, we're not things to own. We're people."
"Aw" Storm muttered "Sorry to hear that. Is he a nice man at least?"
CyberDragon wrote: Jack just shrugged. "I guess something interesting finally happening would be... well, interesting. But I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about it."
"There's a will, there's a way my dude, maybe we can try something tomorrow"
Leafolawl wrote:Tesla looks around at everyone while fidgeting with the hem of her jacket a bit, then quietly says, " Thanks for the fun day... I think I should go home though. Mom'll be worried." She shuffles for the door, going to open it before the fact it's too high for her to reach without jumping stops her.
"You need some help with that?"