HPU: Exotic Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

musclecar326

Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres

Post by musclecar326 »

CrystallineWolf wrote:"Those ideas both sound like they'd look awesome." Echo followed Speedy, matching the cheetah's quick pace with her own long stride. Spying the store close at hand, she questioned, "What's the ratio of commercial development to land here in Exotic Acres?"
I don't really know the answer to that question, but I'm sure my brother Snowy would know that. He keeps track of lots of things here in EA. Also we're here. Speedy said as she grabbed the door and pulled it open for the others.
(OOC: Just imagine toys, food, and etc. when your character walks in)
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ryan sat in quiet peace with a smile formed from the joking, atleast until the history of how some of the humans had captured a few of his friends here and his façade immediately changed to angry and a bit irritated. He already wasn't a fan of humans whatsoever and hearing this didn't help him to despise them any less. But as Snowy let him know it was his turn he nodded and got his ball from the return, a still displeased look showing he waited for the pins to come up and he then wasted no time in following through the movements again and having go down the middle but to his "fortunate luck" it knocked 6 going through the middle, he stood there not sure how this was going to work for him but in the meantime he just patiently waited by the return for his ball, tapping his awkward shoe on the floor until his ball returned to him and he walked again to the lane, staring down the pins he decided to go for the right side and with a good running start he let the ball fly down the lane going right, right and too far right as it knocked down the farthest corner pin and then went into the gutter. Ryan still looked a bit displeased but seeing that he at least hit one he just shrugged and returned to his seat with a slightly content smile appearing.
"At least I got 7"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Hey dad, can go for a walk?" Namine asked. "Sure, but don't get into any trouble." her father replied. "Thanks." Namine said, as she walked out the door. I want to see if there's a pet shop around here. I want to look at the toys. the ocelot thought to herself. Namine walked for a while, then she saw the pet store. She was looking around, clutching her tag, and didn't notice the cheetah in front of her and bumped into her. "Oh, sorry about that. I didn't see you there." she apologized.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
CrystallineWolf

Post by CrystallineWolf »

Echo was just about to head inside when an ocelot bumped into Speedy. " Oh! Are you guys okay?" The question was posed both towards the newcomer and the cheetah- partly because ocelots were so small in comparison with other wild cats, and cheetahs weren't known for their strength.
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm fine."Namine told her. "I really am sorry though." she said to the cheetah. Namine turned back to the liger. "My name is Namine." she said as she held out her paw.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

CrystallineWolf wrote:Echo was just about to head inside when an ocelot bumped into Speedy. " Oh! Are you guys okay?" The question was posed both towards the newcomer and the cheetah- partly because ocelots were so small in comparison with other wild cats, and cheetahs weren't known for their strength.
Speedy took a step back after the small cat bumped into her. Oh, I'm fine I'm used to Snowy tackling me after he jumps out of trees or other high places. He always pretends I'm his 'Prey'. Speedy explained to the animals around her. Hello Namine, I'm Speedy, your an Ocelot right? She asked.
-----------------
Marine Fox wrote:Ryan sat in quiet peace with a smile formed from the joking, atleast until the history of how some of the humans had captured a few of his friends here and his façade immediately changed to angry and a bit irritated. He already wasn't a fan of humans whatsoever and hearing this didn't help him to despise them any less. But as Snowy let him know it was his turn he nodded and got his ball from the return, a still displeased look showing he waited for the pins to come up and he then wasted no time in following through the movements again and having go down the middle but to his "fortunate luck" it knocked 6 going through the middle, he stood there not sure how this was going to work for him but in the meantime he just patiently waited by the return for his ball, tapping his awkward shoe on the floor until his ball returned to him and he walked again to the lane, staring down the pins he decided to go for the right side and with a good running start he let the ball fly down the lane going right, right and too far right as it knocked down the farthest corner pin and then went into the gutter. Ryan still looked a bit displeased but seeing that he at least hit one he just shrugged and returned to his seat with a slightly content smile appearing.
"At least I got 7"
That sounds like too much to handle Jake and Joey, you both are really strong to make it through that and still be happy. Snowy said in a sad voice, then to Ryan, That's much better than last time so ya, great job Ryan. Also just a tip, whenever the pins are split, like some on the right some on the left, always go for the area with the most pins. But since the pins were at an even number for you, that was a good choice. Snowy told Ryan, as well as giving him a thumbs up to start. So, looks like the other two snow leopards of the neighborhood are up, go ahead and try your best. He said to them.
Yes, I am a furry.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"It's nice to meet you, Speedy." Namine told her. "And yes, I'm an Ocelot."
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
CrystallineWolf

"My name is Echo..." Echo added, suddenly feeling shy again. "I'm glad you're okay."
Right then and there, Echo honestly wanted to make herself smaller. She towered over the three animals in company, and it was awkward...almost as if she was a giant trying to listen in on a nest of mice. The worst part was, technically, the liger was still growing. She almost felt like stooping over just to compensate.

So Echo shrunk herself just a teeny bit, though it was a bit uncomfortable- she certainly hoped her height hadn't made the others uncomfortable....
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I'm Maria," the Capuchin said to the ocelot. "I haven't met an ocelot before."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks... We've had to be..." The two kangaroos ponder for a few moments more before making a visible effort to cheer up.
"Say, Snowy, I don't suppose you could give us a few pointers on dealing with the humans. At the moment, having never really seen them except for behind bars at the zoo all we can really think - or I can really think, at least, Joey seems a little better - when we meet them is 'don't bolt', since bolting or boxing is our natural instinct."
"Yeah, that would be helpful; as much as I hate to admit that Jake's right, I gotta agree. We don't really know what to do or think around them yet. We're still far more comfortable around other animals."
"Yeah, so... How 'bout it?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks... We've had to be..." The two kangaroos ponder for a few moments more before making a visible effort to cheer up.
"Say, Snowy, I don't suppose you could give us a few pointers on dealing with the humans. At the moment, having never really seen them except for behind bars at the zoo all we can really think - or I can really think, at least, Joey seems a little better - when we meet them is 'don't bolt', since bolting or boxing is our natural instinct."
"Yeah, that would be helpful; as much as I hate to admit that Jake's right, I gotta agree. We don't really know what to do or think around them yet. We're still far more comfortable around other animals."
"Yeah, so... How 'bout it?"

Ryan had been relaxing until he heard Joey and Jake mention trusting the humans and Ryan immediately sat straighter and looked almost disgusted, he didn't want to be rude but he interjected. Looking cross with a serious slightly irritated tone
"Look the humans are not to be trusted, they may act like they care and whatnot but most of them care only about themselves and their comfort. Think of them as you will but they will throw you under the bus in an instant."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"whoa," Met said, hearing Ryan's outburst. "I don't know where you're coming from, or what messed up people you've met in the past, but my dad would sooner die than do anything to hurt me or Maria."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Our experience with them has been more like Ryans."
"Yeah. They haven't hurt us - physically at least - aside from that dart but they did capture us and use us just for their viewing pleasure."
"Mmm. But the way we see it-"
"We have no choice but to live with them now so we might as well do what we can to keep them placated."
"Trouble is we have no idea what that is. We don't really know anything about humans. And the guy we live with, he-"
"He just considers us trophies or part of his Australiana collection, I think. Sure he's kind enough but-"
"But he likes to just show us off rather than talking to us. As long as we're around for his friends to see when they come over he's happy."
"Mostly we're just left to out own devices since he doesn't have many friends..." explain the twins, unconciously finishing each other's sentences.
"So really we don't know anything about humans"
"And that's why we're stuck."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm Maria," the Capuchin said to the ocelot. "I haven't met an ocelot before."
Well we've got quite a few different types of cats now. If my memory serves me right we have an: Ocelot, liger, cheetah, snow leopard, and a lion in this neighborhood now. Either way It's great to meet you. What brings you here? As in the store and neighborhood? Speedy rambled out of her mouth in a rather short period time.
--------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"whoa," Met said, hearing Ryan's outburst. "I don't know where you're coming from, or what messed up people you've met in the past, but my dad would sooner die than do anything to hurt me or Maria."
That's exactly how my dad would protect us too, Met. He'd rather lose his fortune or his life than lose us. Snowy agreed with met. Not all humans are mean or ruthless or not to be trusted. There may be a few handfuls of people who are like that, but that doesn't mean you have to distrust all humans. Yes you two and Ryan may have ended up with some not-so good owners. But still you gotta learn to trust them sometime in the future. He continued to say at the twins.
Yes, I am a furry.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"How?" asks Jake simply.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Well you can start small, like trusting that they will feed you, they will pet you, or they will be gentle. You can start with small stuff like that then slowly work your way up to trusting them with your lives. Snowy replied trying to sound gentle, not harsh. He couldn't believe how bad their past had been while his had been a wonderful time that was much fun, he was saddened by their experience.
Yes, I am a furry.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The JJ's ponder this for a while. "I suppose it's not all bad... Harry did give us the money to come bowling today. We've never had money before, but then we've never needed it either. And I think he really just gave it to us to get us out of his hair for a while..."
*sigh* "It's not going to be easy, learning to trust the humans, is it, especially when the one we've got to live with isn't the friendliest... But... I suppose we'll have to try..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm Maria," the Capuchin said to the ocelot. "I haven't met an ocelot before."
"It's a pleasure to meet you Maria." Namine said.
musclecar326 wrote:Well we've got quite a few different types of cats now. If my memory serves me right we have an: Ocelot, liger, cheetah, snow leopard, and a lion in this neighborhood now. Either way It's great to meet you. What brings you here? As in the store and neighborhood? Speedy rambled out of her mouth in a rather short period time.
"That's more than I expected." Namine replied. "Oh, the reason I moved here is because my dad wanted me to have an easier life. The reason I came to the store is to see the toys they had."
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Hlaoroo wrote:The JJ's ponder this for a while. "I suppose it's not all bad... Harry did give us the money to come bowling today. We've never had money before, but then we've never needed it either. And I think he really just gave it to us to get us out of his hair for a while..."
*sigh* "It's not going to be easy, learning to trust the humans, is it, especially when the one we've got to live with isn't the friendliest... But... I suppose we'll have to try..."

Ryan just rolled his eyes and huffed, not wanting to rant again to the others but he clearly didn't have the same opinion or will to try to become trusting of the humans.
CrystallineWolf

hypernovatic wrote:
"It's a pleasure to meet you Maria." Namine said.
musclecar326 wrote:Well we've got quite a few different types of cats now. If my memory serves me right we have an: Ocelot, liger, cheetah, snow leopard, and a lion in this neighborhood now. Either way It's great to meet you. What brings you here? As in the store and neighborhood? Speedy rambled out of her mouth in a rather short period time.
"That's more than I expected." Namine replied. "Oh, the reason I moved here is because my dad wanted me to have an easier life. The reason I came to the store is to see the toys they had."
"That's the same reason I came. I-i wanted to find a ball that wouldn't pop so easily.......Do you mean easier socially, or physically?" Echo tried shrinking down some more, but it was really hard- she was absolutely positive that ligers were meant for crouching down on all fours, not twos. As she heard Speedy rattle off her list of big cats at Exotic Acres, the liger couldn't help hoping that the snow leopard, or the lion, would be bigger than her- it would certainly make her hieght less awkward and maybe negate her blue coloring.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Probably both." Namine replied. "Because we had a small house before we moved, and everyone would think I was wild even though I wore this collar." She said pointing to her collar.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Meanwhile, an airplane is flying over Exotic Acres.

OKAY WE'RE NOT FAR FROM THE DROP POINT. ARE YOU READY HOUSTON?

I WAS BORN READY!

ALRIGHT THEN! I'M OPENING THE HATCH, BE SURE TO MEET KIMBERLY AT THE RENDEZVOUS POINT! DO YOU HAVE EVERYTHING READY!?

DO YOU MIND IF I EXPLORE FIRST!?, I WANT TO GET A GOOD VIEW OF EXOTIC ACRES SO THAT I CAN MAKE MY MAP! I ALSO WANNA SEE THE EXOTIC PETS HERE!

ALRIGHT, JUST BE CAREFUL. MAKE SURE YOUR HOME BY 7, GOT IT!?

YES DAD, I GOT IT! I'M GOING NOW! SEE YA IN A WEEK!

Houston puts on his Orange goggles and jumps of the plane and starts doing sky diving stunts.

WOOHOOO, YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muffins and cookies, EXOTIC ACRES LOOKS FANTASTIC FROM UP HERE!

As Houston is free falling, he notices the river and sees some pets.

WOW, THERE REALLY ARE AWESOME LOOKING PETS HERE! I THINK I'LL GIVE THEM A LITTLE SURPRISE VISIT!

Houston spirals towards the direction of the river and starts to flap his wings.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After drifting along the river for a time, Chem reached a state of mind he rarely embodied.
Relaxed.
Exhaling deeply he opened his eyes and checked to see where he was. The river wasn't flowing very quickly, since the last time checked they may have strayed a mere meters but-
His thoughts were interrupted when something caught his attention out of the corner of his eyes. He squinted, trying to focus on what it was... a bird maybe, without his glasses it was hard to tell.
"Incoming." He called out, and waved at the blob, not really sure what else to do.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Houston swoops down and circles around the gray wolf and hops one foot onto the ground and jumps in a spiral upwards and lands on a tree branch.

He opens his wings out

Greetings and Salutations.

He takes of his goggles.

I am Houston Gilgan, the new Falcon of Exotic Acres.

Takes a bow of courtesy

How do you do?
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

hypernovatic wrote:"Probably both." Namine replied. "Because we had a small house before we moved, and everyone would think I was wild even though I wore this collar." She said pointing to her collar.
I understand that completely. My family used to move around a lot, mostly because of me and my brother. People would get scared of large predator cats, living in the same neighborhood as them. So you wanna join us? With searching for toys, then maybe looking in another store? Speedy asked the ocelot. Now having walked into the store, hearing the door shut behind her after everyone was in.
---------------
Marine Fox wrote:Ryan just rolled his eyes and huffed, not wanting to rant again to the others but he clearly didn't have the same opinion or will to try to become trusting of the humans.
Snowy was about to tell the other leopards that it was their turn again, when he looked and they were gone. Their shoes sitting on the chairs they previously sat in. Uh, guys? Where did Soren and Cody go? They were here a minute ago. Snowy asked the group, looking over at their seats. They must of had to go home. He said under his breath mostly to himself.
Yes, I am a furry.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sure, sounds like fun." Namine said with a smile as she walked inside.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
CrystallineWolf

Echo walked inside, and gasped at all the sorts of toys the store had. Containing her urges to go rip them off the shelves and into her own little hoard, the liger walked over to the balls- which were assorted in nearly every color and size. Her own eyes were attracted, however, to a large red ball, bright and round and inviting. Taking it off the shelf, she played with it in her paws for a bit, testing it's durability. In a lapse of reflexes, it slipped from her fingers and fell to the floor. Growling playfully, she pounced and- *POP*

"Oh dear." Echo held up the remaining shreds of the ball, fearing the repercussions.
Last edited by CrystallineWolf on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Typical for Henry and Takoda, they arrived quietly in the town, not drawing any attention on themselves. Henry's Jeep stopped in front of the small house he had bought in this paradise- a place within the forest area, just as far from the planes as it is from the mountains. Their luggage was small mainly because they did not owe much as it is. The only big thing they had was Henry's bank account, but it wasn't even that much - a few millions earned from his books. But this wasn't what they considered treasure - it was the knowledge they gathered throughout their adventures and which was stored in a few cardboard boxes they carried as well as a small laptop and few other stuff. Once they took their items in, Henry dismissed his pet, giving him his vest- gift from the Native americans he grew with.
The coywolf took his flute and playing on it - got out of the house and headed to the forest. He chose to play repeatedly a single happy melody.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Huh. I never saw them go."
"Me neither. Ah well." Jake deletes their score rows from the computer.
"Whose turn are we up to now?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro waves up "Hello up there" he called, making a bit of a splash around him, that had set off something as water splashed against his forehead, faint images entering his sight, not enough to see ,but enough to give him a small headache
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
69eist

Post by 69eist »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Marro waves up "Hello up there" he called, making a bit of a splash around him, that had set off something as water splashed against his forehead, faint images entering his sight, not enough to see ,but enough to give him a small headache
Houston notices the Black wolf and flaps over to him.

Greetings Black Wolf. Are you alright? You look a little dizzy from over here.
My Personas

Argent

Post by Argent »

Meemaw snorts and turns over, burying his muzzle under his tail.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Argent wrote:Meemaw snorts and turns over, burying his muzzle under his tail.
Houston looks up for a moment and sees some sort of bearcat.

What is that over there?
My Personas

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Meemaw?" The wolf asked, looking in the sleeping animals direction.
"Arctictis binturong." Chem answered. "Or bearcat" He added, nodding in confirmation.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Roarin wrote:"Meemaw?" The wolf asked, looking in the sleeping animals direction.
"Arctictis binturong." Chem answered. "Or bearcat" He added, nodding in confirmation.
Cool. The pets here are absolutely amazing. So um, how long have you guys been in Exotic Acres?
My Personas

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Marro chuckles a bit Just got settled in myself, how about you?" he gives a slight smile, swimming to shore and setting himself at the edge of the water not too far from everyone
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
69eist

Post by 69eist »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Marro chuckles a bit Just got settled in myself, how about you?" he gives a slight smile, swimming to shore and setting himself at the edge of the water not too far from everyone
Houston laughs.

I just sky dived on the way here. The weather was great today so my Dad gave me a lift.
My Personas

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

CrystallineWolf wrote:Echo walked inside, and gasped at all the sorts of toys the store had. Containing her urges to go rip them off the shelves and into her own little hoard, the liger walked over to the balls- which were assorted in nearly every color and size. Her own eyes were attracted, however, to a large red ball, bright and round and inviting. Taking it off the shelf, she played with it in her paws for a bit, testing it's durability. In a lapse of reflexes, it slipped from her fingers and fell to the floor. Growling playfully, she pounced and- *POP*

"Oh dear." Echo held up the remaining shreds of the ball, fearing the repercussions.
When Namine heard the pop she jumped. She walked over to Echo. "That's not good." she said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Huh. I never saw them go."
"Me neither. Ah well." Jake deletes their score rows from the computer.
"Whose turn are we up to now?"
I believe it would be back to you two. Snowy replied, still with a questionable face appearance. Still wondering how those two snuck out that unnoticed. Then it'll be me.
---------------------------
hypernovatic wrote:
CrystallineWolf wrote:Echo walked inside, and gasped at all the sorts of toys the store had. Containing her urges to go rip them off the shelves and into her own little hoard, the liger walked over to the balls- which were assorted in nearly every color and size. Her own eyes were attracted, however, to a large red ball, bright and round and inviting. Taking it off the shelf, she played with it in her paws for a bit, testing it's durability. In a lapse of reflexes, it slipped from her fingers and fell to the floor. Growling playfully, she pounced and- *POP*

When Namine heard the pop she jumped. She walked over to Echo. "That's not good." she said.
Speedy was looking the other way when she heard the *POP* as well, turning she looked at the deflated mess. No that's definitely not good, luckily both me and snowy have done similar things here. All you'll have to do is pay for the damaged property. Luckily for you that was a rather inexpensive ball, the shop keep keeps everything expensive behind the counters now after me and Snowy's incid... Speedy trailed off at the end of her sentence looking down now a little embarrassed.
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

musclecar326 wrote:Speedy was looking the other way when she heard the *POP* as well, turning she looked at the deflated mess. No that's definitely not good, luckily both me and snowy have done similar things here. All you'll have to do is pay for the damaged property. Luckily for you that was a rather inexpensive ball, the shop keep keeps everything expensive behind the counters now after me and Snowy's incid... Speedy trailed off at the end of her sentence looking down now a little embarrassed.
"so does that mean the strong stuff's there too, or only the expensive and easily popped stuff?" Maria asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets