HPU: Mystic Meadows

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Neko »

Welcome to the Mystic Meadows Roleplay thread! You'll find the OOC thread here, and our discord group here.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Peck!
“Ow!” A deep groggy voice cried out.
“I told you he wasn’t dead!” A gritty voice proclaimed. “Fly, Hester!”
“Why is he sleeping out in the middle of nowhere then?!” A different voice rang out in a panicked but annoyed tone. The sound of large wings flapping drowned out the bickering voices, both of which got quieter until they could no longer be heard.

“Ugh.” A white furred wolf groaned, having been rudely awakened. He opened his eyes in time to see two vultures raising up above the tree line and disappearing from view. One of the wolf’s paws went to his forehead where a rough peck had previously landed. As he rubbed the growing sore spot the wolf glanced around, taking in his surroundings.

It seemed he was out in the forest, sitting down on the cold earth and leaning back against the base of a pine tree. There were trees all around, no signs of buildings or roads, a small layer of snow not having melted yet from the rising sun. “Hello?” The wolf called out, hand leaving his head as he stood up and looked around once more. There was no reply, no sight or sound of a living creature.
“Ah!” The wolf yelped after looking down at himself, both of his hands lowering to cover himself. “Where are my-” He stopped mid sentence, as if he had gotten an answer to the unfinished question, or possibly a question more concerning than the first. His body relaxed, lifting his hands up to look them over, then his arms. They were both covered in white fur, almost a pure white, and both were muscled. A confused expression crept onto his face, looking over his arms, then down to his barreled chest and equally bulging legs.
His hands roamed his body, as if exploring it for the first time. He felt through the thick winter coat, down his torso to his belly, finding a six pack nearly hidden away beneath the fur. “Gah!” The wolf jumped and spun around, expecting to find someone behind him but only coming to face the tree he had just been slumbering against. After a few moments of confusion he felt it again, his head turning to catch sight of his tail lazily wagging behind him. “Huh!” He reached back and took hold of it to pull around to his side, exploring it with his hands.

The wolf’s tail was released after a minute of intrigue. He found himself glancing around once more, the forest still quiet as it was just a few minutes ago. “Huh.” His eyes slowly scanned the area, a look of concern growing stronger. After a few moments his tail would twitch as he slowly turned in place, stopping and then heading off in the direction he was looking, paws crunching on pine needles and snow. It would be several hours of walking before the wolf’s pace would begin to slow, aimlessly wandering in one direction through the vast forest.
His tail and ears were drooping, the cool morning chill wearing off with the sun standing high up in the sky. The wolf slowed to a stop, hearing a soft sound, unable to hear it well until he stopped stomping through twigs, pine needles and snow. Ears perking up, the wolf took off in quick stride, a smile on his face as he came to a stop on the shore of a stream. Dropping down to his knees he eagerly uses both paws to cup water and lift it to his lips.
Several drinks of water later he lets out a satisfied sigh, arms falling down limply along his sides. After a short respite, he goes to stand up, stopping after a brief second when he catches sight of his reflection in the flowing water. The wolf stares for a moment, slowly lowering back down to his knees and leaning down to get a better look. His head turns left and then right, a paw lifting to feel at his nose, fingers trailing along his muzzle and up to feel each perked ear. The wolf’s gaze turns to his reflected eyes, they were a bright blue making his eyes ‘pop’.

“Hm?” He had started to sit back up, stopping halfway when he took notice of the blue collar around his neck. The wolf gave the collar’s reflection a quizzical look, both paws reaching up to fiddle with it and shift it around. The shimmering of an object dangling from the leather collar caused him to lean forward once more, turning it about to see that it was a steel magnifying glass shaped tag. “Jake?” He read off the only word engraved on the tag, turning it over revealed nothing more. “Jake.” The wolf repeated, looking down into his rippling reflection.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Oof!”
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _“Ow!”
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _“@%#!”

Jake tumbled down the hillside near the base of the mountain, a big bush catching him and absorbing him into its branches and leaves. The wolf let out a big drawn out sigh, his tail twitching as it stuck out of the greenery. It had been two days since he had ‘woken up’, and the start of his third day was not going so well. The loud growl of his stomach urged him to continue. “Shut up.” He grumbled, rolling out of the push after a moment of rest.
The formerly white furred wolf stood up, his body dirtied up nearly all over. It wasn’t something that could be helped after two days of traveling in the forests and mountainside, sleeping on the ground and in the cold nights. He hadn’t been awake too long, the sun having been in the sky for only a few hours by his estimation. His movements were slow and staggered, continuing off into a direction. There was no way to be sure, but he was confident he had been heading the same direction this whole time.

A break in the tree line came into view, he soon found himself out in a beautiful meadow, a big field of grass and the occasional bush with only the occasional tree, the sweet scents of the last surviving flowers of the cold weather hitting his nose. More importantly he heard and saw the sounds of water, feet dragging along to the small lake’s shoreline to fill his belly up with water.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hmm.” A young husky hummed in thought, peaking over the tall brick wall that surrounded the community of homes. He stood atop a makeshift ramp of wooden planks and cinder blocks, sturdy enough for him to traverse it up and down. The ramp was constructed on the back corner of the gated community nearest the construction site. Even though he was way in the back he could see the occasional vehicle or moving van going to one of the many empty homes. “I guess that bird was right.” The gray and white husky commented to himself, sliding an old and raggedy backpack off his back.

He pulled out a makeshift rope consisting of rags, blankets and towels to tie to the top of the ramp before letting the rest fall to the other side. A few tugs confirmed it was tied on well enough. Dropping his bag down on the ramp side, the husky descended into the community center with only his collar and wits. Now that there would actually be people living here there was a finally a reason to head inside and look around. After landing down on the grassy backyard, he glanced around to make a mental note of the area before heading off towards the streets.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Cloudwatching 101

Post by DdeeStar »

Two cats stand in the front yard of their new home, staring straight up at the sky. One, an oddly-patterned brown cat in a thick scarf, looks up unerringly, his eyes catching every nuance in the clouds hanging above. The other, a tiger-like cat in a hooded jacket, switches between looking curiously at the sky and concerned at her 'brother'. All the while their human pulls cardboard boxes from the back of the car, trekking in and out of the house. "What do you see?" Tiffani asks gently, leaning forward to see his face.

Matatabi doesn't react, silent for a moment. Slowly he brings his head down, responding with a deadpan "Partly cloudy. Low chance of precipitation in the evening." He notices her confused look, leading him to step back and bring his eyes to her. "Low of 42 degrees." She shakes her head, crossing her arms in annoyance. He interrupts before she starts talking again with "I know what you mean. And we've had this discussion." A shake of his head and he turns back to the sky, Tiffani giving a quiet huff. Another moment of silence passes.

"You sure you don't want help Dad?" Tiffani offers to the human as he goes back and forth. He smiles and shakes his head. "I got it. You guys go have fun. I still gotta take all this out anyway." Tiffani claps her handpaws together, forcing a large smile as she asks "Well, where should we go Matt?"

"I have work." Matatabi smoothly moves to the car, opening the back and retrieving an appropriately-sized walking stick. "I have my phone. I'll see you both later." Tiffani stares in shock as the teen simply starts walking off into the town. The human barely reacts, just nodding in the direction.

"Hey! Don't just ignore me!" Tiffani calls to the scarfed cat before he leaves the yard, purposefully looking hurt.

Matatabi stops... slowly turns... and locks eyes with Tiffani, an odd tilt to his head. "The spirits remind us that communication is cooperation. You don't simply wait for your turn to speak. You listen. Let that guide your actions today." With that said, it's done. He transitions into a soft jog, the scarf flapping along behind him. The Rangers should be expecting him if the collar tag is to be trusted.

Tiffani is left standing in the yard, alone. Excluding the chef who is working away, as usual. A moment of silent contemplation passes before Tiffani spins around, her joyful smile back on her face. "Dad! Can I go out exploring?" The human stops in his path and replies "Sure, why not. Just stay off of people's porches." Tiffani gives a twinkly laugh, responding "No promises!" as she dashes towards the backyard, vaulting the fence with ease. "Be back soon!"
Last edited by DdeeStar on Sun May 03, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Foxfan2164 »

Zane, a white, black-spotted cat, wandered around in the yard of his home, kicking up piles of leaves in boredom. "I really wish there was something to do around here." he muttered, letting out a sigh. He walked over to one of the fences surrounding his home and rested himself on it holding up his head with a paw. After surveying the neighborhood, he noticed an orange striped cat surveying the neighborhood themselves. Since he wasn't doing anything himself, he decided to maybe meet them. 'It would be nice to meet someone,' he thought, getting up to his feet. "Mom! I'm going outside!" after a couple of seconds he heard a reply: "Where?" "Out of the yard!""Sure! Just be back before it gets dark and don't get lost.""Alright!" he replied, already over the fence, running toward the cat he spotted earlier.
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

User avatar
Citrisfur
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Citrisfur »

Yet another character appears - a red fox, lazily looking up at his surroundings as he follows a concrete sidewalk that runs through the neighborhood. His gaze snaps forward as he hears raised voices, and watches as a black-and-white cat rushes from a nearby house to meet a striped orange. He pauses for a moment, thinking to himself, before he starts walking again, listening for the two's conversation as he approaches, still silent himself.
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Image
Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Neko »

The young husky was about to turn a street corner when he saw two cats about to converge onto each other. The canine quickly slipped behind a hedge bush, his head poking around the corner of it. "Ugh, two cats?" He scoffed, generally never getting along with any cat he had ever met before.


______________________________________________________________________

The wolf stood up with a groan, feeling better to have something in his belly, even if it was only water. "Ugh...Is this just a never ending forest or something?" He yelled out meekly, not exactly feeling energized. Jake turned in place, slowly taking in the surrounding meadow. He lifted a foot and went to take a step, stopping with it frozen in the air. His tail stood still behind him, foot lowering back to the ground. "Which way did I come from?"
Last edited by Neko on Mon May 04, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

How the Mighty Fell

Post by DdeeStar »

Matatabi continues the travel at a steady pace, watching various pieces of scenery with no clear reasoning why. He's oddly focused on these mundane scenes, barely watching his path. Even with the distraction, the walk is peaceful and he finds himself at the Ranger building before long. Quickly he pushes the scarf up, allowing the collar's tags to fall underneath, and pushes the door in. A moment passes in silence with him holding the door open with one hand and his 'staff' with the other before he releases a soft sigh. His voice almost sounds reluctant. "Ranger... Ralph?"
============
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:55 pm
"Alright!" he replied, already over the fence, running toward the cat he spotted earlier.
Tiffani continues on initially, the shouts hardly registering as neither voice is important. She continues on to hop atop another fence, throwing her arms out to the side as she stands on it. She stretches upward, a pleased smile on her face as her tail flicks around, then she opens her eyes. Finally, she notices the sound and sight of another cat dashing towards her. Her smile falls. "Wha-" Her body as well. "-aooh!" As an automatic reaction, she had attempted to spring off the fence, instead slipping off and landing heavily on the other side. She barely managed to land feet first, falling all the way until her back and head hit the ground with a solid thud.
Last edited by DdeeStar on Sun May 03, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:42 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:55 pm
"Alright!" he replied, already over the fence, running toward the cat he spotted earlier.
Tiffani continues on initially, the shouts hardly registering as neither voice is important. She continues on to hop atop another fence, throwing her arms out to the side as she stands on it. She stretches upward, a pleased smile on her face as her tail flicks around, then she opens her eyes. Finally, she notices the sound and sight of another cat dashing towards her. Her smile falls. "Wha-" Her body as well. "-aooh!" As an automatic reaction, she had attempted to spring off the fence, instead slipping off and landing heavily on the other side. She barely managed to land feet first, falling all the way until her back and head hit the ground with a solid thud.
Zane approached the startled cat with a worried look on his face. "Are you ok?" he asks holding out a paw to the cat. "Sorry if I startled you. I was just trying to say hi." he apologized after helping the cat up. "Are you hurt?" he asked, his ears drooping.
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

User avatar
Citrisfur
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Citrisfur »

It doesn't take long for the fox to reach the same fence where Tiffani had been standing, further down the yard. He looks up at the fence, wondering if it's worth the scramble over as he continues to listen for the voices on the other side of the wall.
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Image
Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: How the Mighty Fell

Post by Neko »

DdeeStar wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:42 pm
Matatabi continues the travel at a steady pace, watching various pieces of scenery with no clear reasoning why. He's oddly focused on these mundane scenes, barely watching his path. Even with the distraction, the walk is peaceful and he finds himself at the Ranger building before long. Quickly he pushes the scarf up, allowing the collar's tags to fall underneath, and pushes the door in. A moment passes in silence with him holding the door open with one hand and his 'staff' with the other before he releases a soft sigh. His voice almost sounds reluctant. "Ranger... Ralph?"
"Just a second!" A male voice rang out from the back of the station. After roughly 15 seconds a man emerged from the hallway, stopping behind the reception desk. "Hey there, can I help you?" He was on the taller side, short brown hair frazzled and messy, shirt beginning to come untucked on his left side. Ralph wore green pants and a button up brown shirt, typical park ranger attire.
__________________
DdeeStar wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:42 pm
Tiffani continues on initially, the shouts hardly registering as neither voice is important. She continues on to hop atop another fence, throwing her arms out to the side as she stands on it. She stretches upward, a pleased smile on her face as her tail flicks around, then she opens her eyes. Finally, she notices the sound and sight of another cat dashing towards her. Her smile falls. "Wha-" Her body as well. "-aooh!" As an automatic reaction, she had attempted to spring off the fence, instead slipping off and landing heavily on the other side. She barely managed to land feet first, falling all the way until her back and head hit the ground with a solid thud.
Kutamo gave a curious look to the tumbling cat disappearing to the other side of the fence. Weren't cats suppose to be more....agile? The husky's ears perk up, spotting a fox further down the fence. He steps out from behind the bushes and walks over towards the fox. "Hey, what are you doing out-" He slowed to a stop, roughly 6ft away from the fox, able to see the other clearly now. "I mean, uh....Hi there!" His expression changed to that of a smile, not revealing his teeth too much.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Ranger Stranger

Post by DdeeStar »

Neko wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:42 pm
"Just a second!" A male voice rang out from the back of the station. After roughly 15 seconds a man emerged from the hallway, stopping behind the reception desk. "Hey there, can I help you?" He was on the taller side, short brown hair frazzled and messy, shirt beginning to come untucked on his left side. Ralph wore green pants and a button up brown shirt, typical park ranger attire.
The brown-furred teen almost looks disappointed as he steps in, easing the door shut with the staff as he responds "I had hoped I'd left a greater impression... it hasn't been that long." Concluding with the door he turns fully to the Ranger, standing the staff with both handpaws and bowing his head along the right side of it, tail flicking behind him. "Matatabi Snaketail. I've been through Ranger orientation over a mobile device, today is my first day of on-the-job training. I was told to ask for you." The bow ends and the odd cat just stares at the Ranger silently.
============
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:56 pm
Zane approached the startled cat with a worried look on his face. "Are you ok?" he asks holding out a paw to the cat. "Sorry if I startled you. I was just trying to say hi." he apologized after helping the cat up. "Are you hurt?" he asked, his ears drooping.
Tiffani shakes herself quickly, beaming at Zane as she pulls her coat back into place. She giggles "Oh, no, you're fine! I'm fine, it's all fine! Fit as a fiddle." She quickly brushes her handpaws along her legs and dusts her coat, no flinching or winces giving hints to pain. She sizes him up quickly, then adds "Honest, no worries-you just looked a little bigger when I saw you practically on top of me. Was a little too focused on stretching the car trip out of my muscles, y'know?" She pauses, a realization crossing her face as she concludes "Ah, I'm just talking about me! What's your name-and what brought you here?" She smiles eagerly as she awaits a response.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Citrisfur
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Contact:

Mystic Meadows: The Fox Responds

Post by Citrisfur »

Neko wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:42 pm
Kutamo gave a curious look to the tumbling cat disappearing to the other side of the fence. Weren't cats suppose to be more....agile? The husky's ears perk up, spotting a fox further down the fence. He steps out from behind the bushes and walks over towards the fox. "Hey, what are you doing out-" He slowed to a stop, roughly 6ft away from the fox, able to see the other clearly now. "I mean, uh....Hi there!" His expression changed to that of a smile, not revealing his teeth too much.
The fox turns for a second to glance at Kutamo - enough time to study the figure. As he does so, one of the many faces on the small dodecahedron hanging from his collar catches the sunlight, seemingly making the entire figure flash. He turns back to the fence, ears pricked as he listens to the feminine cat speaking on the other side of the wall. "Hello," he responds to the husky somewhat close to him, no longer looking in his direction.
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Image
Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: How the Mighty Fell

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:08 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:56 pm
Zane approached the startled cat with a worried look on his face. "Are you ok?" he asks holding out a paw to the cat. "Sorry if I startled you. I was just trying to say hi." he apologized after helping the cat up. "Are you hurt?" he asked, his ears drooping.
Tiffani shakes herself quickly, beaming at Zane as she pulls her coat back into place. She giggles "Oh, no, you're fine! I'm fine, it's all fine! Fit as a fiddle." She quickly brushes her handpaws along her legs and dusts her coat, no flinching or winces giving hints to pain. She sizes him up quickly, then adds "Honest, no worries-you just looked a little bigger when I saw you practically on top of me. Was a little too focused on stretching the car trip out of my muscles, y'know?" She pauses, a realization crossing her face as she concludes "Ah, I'm just talking about me! What's your name-and what brought you here?" She smiles eagerly as she awaits a response.
Zane let out a relieved sigh and was happy she took it all well. "My name's Zane. I was looking around for something to do or someone to meet, and then I saw you and decided it would be a good idea to say hi. I moved here today and had nothing to do." He said rather quickly, "Heh that was kind of a mouthful wasn't it?" he asked in a rhetorical fashion,"How 'bout you; what's your name?"
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Mystic Meadows: The Fox Responds

Post by Neko »

Citrisfur wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:28 am

The fox turns for a second to glance at Kutamo - enough time to study the figure. As he does so, one of the many faces on the small dodecahedron hanging from his collar catches the sunlight, seemingly making the entire figure flash. He turns back to the fence, ears pricked as he listens to the feminine cat speaking on the other side of the wall. "Hello," he responds to the husky somewhat close to him, no longer looking in his direction.
GM rolls perception check on Takido (7), successful roll.

Takido would notice something was off with the husky. If he gave another look to the canine he would take note that they were on the taller side.

The husky raised an eyebrow to the flashing tag hanging from the fox's collar, then up to the fox themselves. "Soo....Did you see that cat fall over too? That was pretty funny." Kutamo's ears perked up, picking up the conversation happening on the other side of the fence.

___________________________________________
DdeeStar wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:08 pm
The brown-furred teen almost looks disappointed as he steps in, easing the door shut with the staff as he responds "I had hoped I'd left a greater impression... it hasn't been that long." Concluding with the door he turns fully to the Ranger, standing the staff with both handpaws and bowing his head along the right side of it, tail flicking behind him. "Matatabi Snaketail. I've been through Ranger orientation over a mobile device, today is my first day of on-the-job training. I was told to ask for you." The bow ends and the odd cat just stares at the Ranger silently.
The ranger's friendly smile faltered slightly, his gaze turning upwards for a moment. "Oh, right! Sorry, I think it was my dad, or maybe Joe, that had worked with you. Let's see..." Ralph opened a drawer, the shuffling of papers could be heard. "Here we go!" He slips a small pack of stapled papers onto a clipboard and hands it over to the feline. "This is the form you had filled out online, I just need some signatures and dates." His smile had returned.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Diner Dash

Post by DdeeStar »

Foxfan2164 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:21 am
Zane let out a relieved sigh and was happy she took it all well. "My name's Zane. I was looking around for something to do or someone to meet, and then I saw you and decided it would be a good idea to say hi. I moved here today and had nothing to do." He said rather quickly, "Heh that was kind of a mouthful wasn't it?" he asked in a rhetorical fashion,"How 'bout you; what's your name?"
Tiffani looks pleasantly surprised throughout his discussion then smiles as he finishes, giving a curtsy. "Tiffani Toyger. Nice to meet you!" She chirps happily. "We moved because our owner's part of a diner around here somewhere." She looks around as if she could somehow see it from within the fenced yard, then shrugs. "I didn't get far in looking for it!" She laughs, her ears flicking back briefly. "So you're just walking around too, huh?"
Neko wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:38 pm
The ranger's friendly smile faltered slightly, his gaze turning upwards for a moment. "Oh, right! Sorry, I think it was my dad, or maybe Joe, that had worked with you. Let's see..." Ralph opened a drawer, the shuffling of papers could be heard. "Here we go!" He slips a small pack of stapled papers onto a clipboard and hands it over to the feline. "This is the form you had filled out online, I just need some signatures and dates." His smile had returned.
Matatabi grabs the clipboard in his off-hand, bracing it against the counter. The scarfed cat leans the staff against his chest and picks up the pen, bringing it (capped) to a signature blank. There's a moment where he stands there staring at it, his tail swishing idly behind him, then he expressionlessly looks back at the Ranger. "They didn't tell you much about me, did they?"
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: Diner Dash

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:18 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:21 am
Zane let out a relieved sigh and was happy she took it all well. "My name's Zane. I was looking around for something to do or someone to meet, and then I saw you and decided it would be a good idea to say hi. I moved here today and had nothing to do." He said rather quickly, "Heh that was kind of a mouthful wasn't it?" he asked in a rhetorical fashion,"How 'bout you; what's your name?"
Tiffani looks pleasantly surprised throughout his discussion then smiles as he finishes, giving a curtsy. "Tiffani Toyger. Nice to meet you!" She chirps happily. "We moved because our owner's part of a diner around here somewhere." She looks around as if she could somehow see it from within the fenced yard, then shrugs. "I didn't get far in looking for it!" She laughs, her ears flicking back briefly. "So you're just walking around too, huh?"
Zane laughed awkwardly to Tiffani's subtle joke. He still felt bad about her fall even if she was fine with him about it. "Yeah I guess you could say that." He held his hand paws together behind his back and scuffed a foot paw on the ground. "Could I walk with you?" he asked, his tail continuing to swish calmly and him starting to loosen up.
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

User avatar
Citrisfur
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Contact:

Mystic Meadows: The Fox Responds

Post by Citrisfur »

Neko wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:38 pm
GM rolls perception check on Takido (7), successful roll.

Takido would notice something was off with the husky. If he gave another look to the canine he would take note that they were on the taller side.

The husky raised an eyebrow to the flashing tag hanging from the fox's collar, then up to the fox themselves. "Soo....Did you see that cat fall over too? That was pretty funny." Kutamo's ears perked up, picking up the conversation happening on the other side of the fence.
"Yes. I suppose," the fox answers in the same concise manner as his greeting, not unpleasant or dismissive, but as an indifferent tone of voice. He turns to look at the husky again, studying him for a longer time than the inital glance while still pointing his ears towards the fence. "What's your name? Are you from around here?" he suddenly asks, a prick of curiosity mixed in with his questions as his expression still remains neutral.
Last edited by Citrisfur on Thu May 07, 2020 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Image
Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Diner Dash

Post by Neko »

DdeeStar wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:18 pm
Matatabi grabs the clipboard in his off-hand, bracing it against the counter. The scarfed cat leans the staff against his chest and picks up the pen, bringing it (capped) to a signature blank. There's a moment where he stands there staring at it, his tail swishing idly behind him, then he expressionlessly looks back at the Ranger. "They didn't tell you much about me, did they?"
Ralph went back to looking through the drawers, letting out a sigh at all the paperwork building up. "No, sorry." He looks over to the feline, offering a kind smile. "Joe was in charge of training volunteers, and he left. Lucy did all the calls and paperwork." He pulls up a handful of papers into the air for Matabi to see. "And my dad oversaw everything and made sure it ran smoothly. I mostly deal with the animals, giving tours, hosting hiking events...But I have to cover everything for now so-" The ranger smiled, evident that it was being forced somewhat. "It's a little hectic at the moment."


__________________________________________
Citrisfur wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:09 am
"Yes. I suppose," the fox answers in the same concise manner as his greeting, not unpleasant or dismissive, but as an indifferent tone of voice. He turns to look at the husky again, studying him for a longer time that the initial glance while still pointing his ears towards the fence. "What's your name? Are you from around here?" he suddenly asks, a prick of curiosity mixed in with his questions as his expression still remains neutral.
The husky gave a confused look to the fox, not having dealt with anyone like this before. His tail straightens out when the fox turns back to him, seemingly looking him over more closely now. "I'm.....Kutamo." The husky took a small step backwards. "I'm new to the area. Who are you?" He asked in return, his eyes looking over the fox.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

The Writing On The Wall

Post by DdeeStar »

Foxfan2164 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:59 pm
Zane laughed awkwardly to Tiffani's subtle joke. He still felt bad about her fall even if she was fine with him about it. "Yeah I guess you could say that." He held his hand paws together behind his back and scuffed a foot paw on the ground. "Could I walk with you?" he asked, his tail continuing to swish calmly and him starting to loosen up.
Tiffani giggles, noticing his bashfulness. "No need to be so shy! I'm in no position to judge you anywhere." The teeth-baring smile doesn't fit the statement well. "But I'd love some company, for sure. Let me know if I'm going too fast at any point." She gives a resolute nod, the warm smile making it clear that the statement wasn't a challenge. She immediately takes a few large steps and hops up onto the next fence, surveying the land around for the diner she knows next to nothing about.
Neko wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:13 pm
Ralph went back to looking through the drawers, letting out a sigh at all the paperwork building up. "No, sorry." He looks over to the feline, offering a kind smile. "Joe was in charge of training volunteers, and he left. Lucy did all the calls and paperwork." He pulls up a handful of papers into the air for Matabi to see. "And my dad oversaw everything and made sure it ran smoothly. I mostly deal with the animals, giving tours, hosting hiking events...But I have to cover everything for now so-" The ranger smiled, evident that it was being forced somewhat. "It's a little hectic at the moment."
Matatabi stands, listening patiently and nodding along. He gives Ralph another moment to ensure he's done talking, then places the clipboard back on the counter with the pen. He holds the staff with both hands again. "I've never learned to write." He replies in a perfectly neutral tone, looking Ralph dead in the eyes.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Citrisfur
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Diner Dash

Post by Citrisfur »

Neko wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:13 pm
The husky gave a confused look to the fox, not having dealt with anyone like this before. His tail straightens out when the fox turns back to him, seemingly looking him over more closely now. "I'm.....Kutamo." The husky took a small step backwards. "I'm new to the area. Who are you?" He asked in return, his eyes looking over the fox.
Hearing Zane and Tiffani start to depart, the fox lets his ears naturally rest, pointing forward. "Takido," he responds, "I'm pretty new here too. You... looking for someone?"
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Image
Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: The Writing On The Wall

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:32 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:59 pm
Zane laughed awkwardly to Tiffani's subtle joke. He still felt bad about her fall even if she was fine with him about it. "Yeah I guess you could say that." He held his hand paws together behind his back and scuffed a foot paw on the ground. "Could I walk with you?" he asked, his tail continuing to swish calmly and him starting to loosen up.
Tiffani giggles, noticing his bashfulness. "No need to be so shy! I'm in no position to judge you anywhere." The teeth-baring smile doesn't fit the statement well. "But I'd love some company, for sure. Let me know if I'm going too fast at any point." She gives a resolute nod, the warm smile making it clear that the statement wasn't a challenge. She immediately takes a few large steps and hops up onto the next fence, surveying the land around for the diner she knows next to nothing about.

Zane hops up onto the fence, sitting next to Tiffani. "So do you know the name of the diner you were talking about or at least its general location?" Zane asked calmly, kicking his legs softly in the air. He looked around the general area. "If so I might know where it is. I saw some diners on my way into the community, mostly by the entrance. Wanna check them out?" He asked, now looking at Tiffani.
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Neko »

DdeeStar wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:32 pm
Matatabi stands, listening patiently and nodding along. He gives Ralph another moment to ensure he's done talking, then places the clipboard back on the counter with the pen. He holds the staff with both hands again. "I've never learned to write." He replies in a perfectly neutral tone, looking Ralph dead in the eyes.
Ralph quirked an eyebrow, his gaze on the quiet feline then on the clipboard being moved onto the counter. "Oh." His shoulders slump, setting the pile of papers onto the desk before collapsing back into the office chair. "I should know better, dealing with wild life that barely know basic math." The ranger sighs, the extra help would have been really useful. "Well, No worries. You can take it home and bring it back tomorrow with your owner's signature. It just means I can't do too much training today." He sits up, giving the feline a reassuring smile.

___________________

Citrisfur wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:40 am
Hearing Zane and Tiffani start to depart, the fox lets his ears naturally rest, pointing forward. "Takido," he responds, "I'm pretty new here too. You... looking for someone?"
The canine shook his head. "Nah, I was just exploring around. Lots of new stuff to see." Kutamo looks up at the fence, the voices of the two cats getting quieter. "What are you doing? Exploring too?" He paused for a second. "Were you following those cats?"
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Wagon Leader Zane

Post by DdeeStar »

Foxfan2164 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:59 am
"If so I might know where it is. I saw some diners on my way into the community, mostly by the entrance. Wanna check them out?" He asked, now looking at Tiffani.
The tiger-patterned cat's head tilts down to look at Zane, looking a little embarrassed. "I, ah... forgot to ask... I know he mentioned it, but he said a lot of names before picking one." Tiffani rubs her handpaw along her head, scratching at her ear lightly before snapping back to the topic with a grin at her new friend. "Soooo, if you have a direction, you can lead this little wagon train! I'll be right with you, don't worry."
Neko wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:02 pm
The ranger sighs, the extra help would have been really useful. "Well, No worries. You can take it home and bring it back tomorrow with your owner's signature. It just means I can't do too much training today." He sits up, giving the feline a reassuring smile.
Matatabi is, once more, perfectly still and silent until Ralph finishes. Again he waits a moment longer to ensure Ralph is finished, then replies "My owner mentioned that you take volunteers. I have no other plans today and you've explicitly stated you're overworked. My paws aid yours." He gives Ralph a determined nod, the staff planted against the floor as if to prove his stubbornness. Then the odd cat continues further, the voice softer to communicate an explanation rather than an argument. "You'll be giving me orders. All the choice changes is whether that's today or tomorrow, and time is clearly not your ally." He glances over at the stack of papers with a disdain mimicking Ralph's own.
Last edited by DdeeStar on Fri May 08, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Citrisfur
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Citrisfur »

Neko wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:02 pm
The canine shook his head. "Nah, I was just exploring around. Lots of new stuff to see." Kutamo looks up at the fence, the voices of the two cats getting quieter. "What are you doing? Exploring too?" He paused for a second. "Were you following those cats?"
"Ah, no, I was on my way back from visiting the rangers here. I'm applying for volunteer work, actually." he shakes his head gently, appearing to be slightly embarrassed. "Not stalking my neighbors. That'd be a bad first impression to make." Takido then draws his body up, looking to change the subject. "So, where'd you come from? Like, around where's your house? If we're both outside a lot, we'll probably see each other often."
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Image
Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:59 am
"If so I might know where it is. I saw some diners on my way into the community, mostly by the entrance. Wanna check them out?" He asked, now looking at Tiffani.
The tiger-patterned cat's head tilts down to look at Zane, looking a little embarrassed. "I, ah... forgot to ask... I know he mentioned it, but he said a lot of names before picking one." Tiffani rubs her hand paw along her head, scratching at her ear lightly before snapping back to the topic with a grin at her new friend. "Soooo, if you have a direction, you can lead this little wagon train! I'll be right with you, don't worry."
"Then follow me!" Zane exclaims enthusiastically. He hops off the fence and starts walking toward the entrance of the community where he said he saw the diners. He walked on the inside of the sidewalk, taking a peek to his right or behind him to make sure Tiffani was following him. He stayed silent, not trying to converse since he didnt really know what to say.
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Neko »

DdeeStar wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 pm
Matatabi is, once more, perfectly still and silent until Ralph finishes. Again he waits a moment longer to ensure Ralph is finished, then replies "My owner mentioned that you take volunteers. I have no other plans today and you've explicitly stated you're overworked. My paws aid yours." He gives Ralph a determined nod, the staff planted against the floor as if to prove his stubbornness. Then the odd cat continues further, the voice softer to communicate an explanation rather than an argument. "You'll be giving me orders. All the choice changes is whether that's today or tomorrow, and time is clearly not your ally." He glances over at the stack of papers with a disdain mimicking Ralph's own.
The ranger's smile fades slightly as he watches and listens to the feline, certainly an interesting cat to say the least. "You sure are a cute cat, but-" He sighs, leaning back in his chair. "It's against regulation to have non-workers helping out the station, especially when it comes to paper work. It isn't exactly a rule, but even a volunteer helping organize papers can be frowned upon." The smile returns to the man's face, reaching over to ruffle the cat's head fur gently. "How about you...Take a look around and get acquainted with the area? You don't need to sign paperwork to get adjusted to the forest, and it'll be helpful for when you can be a proper volunteer." He suggests, beginning to straighten up the many pieces of paper. "How does that sound?"


________________________
Citrisfur wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:59 am
"Ah, no, I was on my way back from visiting the rangers here. I'm applying for volunteer work, actually." he shakes his head gently, appearing to be slightly embarrassed. "Not stalking my neighbors. That'd be a bad first impression to make." Takido then draws his body up, looking to change the subject. "So, where'd you come from? Like, around where's your house? If we're both outside a lot, we'll probably see each other often."
"Volunteer work?" The husky repeated in a confused tone. "It'd only be a bad impression if you did it bad and got caught." He shrugged his shoulders. "Uuuh..." The canine turns his head, looking around before pointing off in a direction. "Over that way I think. What about you?" He was quick to turn the question back around onto the fox, a gentle smile forming on his face.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by DdeeStar »

Foxfan2164 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:56 pm
"Then follow me!" Zane exclaims enthusiastically.
Tiffany slides down the side of the fence, landing easily. She takes a quick series of steps to match stride with the younger cat, silent for as long as she can be - about two seconds. Grinning eagerly, she turns her head slightly to him. "So have you seen anyone else around here? Anyone we might meet on the way? Humans? Though preferably other pets if I'm being truthful."
Neko wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:41 pm
He suggests, beginning to straighten up the many pieces of paper. "How does that sound?"
Matatabi shies away from the touch slightly, a soft flinch and confused look on his face. Both responses end once the contact does, Matt's tail flicking in surprise. As usual, there's a moment of silence after the Ranger stops. Then the cat pulls the staff closer to him, the grip relaxed. His face holds a hint of suspicion, or maybe concern... it's hard to tell with him. The voice is calm, clear of any accusation. "I'm not looking to volunteer, I'm trying to help as an employee. If signing that paper is what it takes to do something, I'll be back in a pawful of minutes - no signs tell of a delay. Then I can be of some actual use instead of playing stray again. Is that not better?"
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:29 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:56 pm
"Then follow me!" Zane exclaims enthusiastically.
Tiffany slides down the side of the fence, landing easily. She takes a quick series of steps to match stride with the younger cat, silent for as long as she can be - about two seconds. Grinning eagerly, she turns her head slightly to him. "So have you seen anyone else around here? Anyone we might meet on the way? Humans? Though preferably other pets if I'm being truthful."
"I don't know any other pets other than you." Zane said honestly, with a shrug "We might come across some humans but I'm not sure about pets." He tried to say with enthusiasm. "So.. uh.. why are you looking for a diner?"
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Neko »

DdeeStar wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:29 pm
Matatabi shies away from the touch slightly, a soft flinch and confused look on his face. Both responses end once the contact does, Matt's tail flicking in surprise. As usual, there's a moment of silence after the Ranger stops. Then the cat pulls the staff closer to him, the grip relaxed. His face holds a hint of suspicion, or maybe concern... it's hard to tell with him. The voice is calm, clear of any accusation. "I'm not looking to volunteer, I'm trying to help as an employee. If signing that paper is what it takes to do something, I'll be back in a pawful of minutes - no signs tell of a delay. Then I can be of some actual use instead of playing stray again. Is that not better?"

Ralph gave a curious look to the feline. "No offense, but the park rangers can't just hire anyone. Plus..." His gaze turns to the ceiling, trying to think of a good way to phrase this next part. "It's kind of important to be able to read and write well when it comes to paperwork." He smiles to the feline. "That's why I was suggesting you take a look around nearby, because I need help with outdoor jobs. If you get familiar with the area now, you can help me with it later or tomorrow."
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

A Hint of Emotion

Post by DdeeStar »

Foxfan2164 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:41 pm
"I don't know any other pets other than you." Zane said honestly, with a shrug "We might come across some humans but I'm not sure about pets." He tried to say with enthusiasm. "So.. uh.. why are you looking for a diner?"
"Dad works there or something. Can't quite remember. But it's important to him, and he asked if I would be interested in helping around there... Figured I'd come see it!" She chirps happily. "Something to do during the day. Like... how are you going to spend your days after this? Once you've got food, water, and shelter, you don't need anything else, really."
Neko wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:33 pm
Ralph gave a curious look to the feline. "No offense, but the park rangers can't just hire anyone. Plus..."
Matatabi looks briefly alarmed at this statement, though he still maintains his composure and habit of waiting. After the pause, he immediately presses "Was the training not to be hired? I was told that was the purpose. If this is just for volunteer service it hardly matters. I didn't come here to pick up trash on some hiker trails." The slight emotion in his voice and face share betrayal, his tail twitching behind him as his fangs linger under the small scowl. The staff drops to a loose carry, more diagonal as he pulls his stance inwards. "And I can read fine." He almost seems insulted.
Last edited by DdeeStar on Sat May 16, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Neko »

DdeeStar wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:14 pm
Matatabi looks briefly alarmed at this statement, though he still maintains his composure and habit of waiting. After the pause, he immediately presses "Was the training not to be hired? I was told that was the purpose. If this is just for volunteer service it hardly matters. I didn't come here to pick up trash on some hiker trails." The slight emotion in his voice and face share betrayal, his tail twitching behind him as his fangs linger under the small scowl. The staff drops to a loose carry, more diagonal as he pulls his stance inwards. "And I can read fine." He almost seems insulted.
"There is more to volunteer work then trash clean up...Though that is one of the things that helps a lot, and I-" The ranger blinked, staring off in Matatabi's direction for several seconds. "Wait, what kind of training? What exactly did you learn and get trained for?" Ralph turns back to his piles of papers, pulling the feline's paperwork off the top and flipping through it.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
Citrisfur
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Citrisfur »

Neko wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:41 pm
"Volunteer work?" The husky repeated in a confused tone. "It'd only be a bad impression if you did it bad and got caught." He shrugged his shoulders. "Uuuh..." The canine turns his head, looking around before pointing off in a direction. "Over that way I think. What about you?" He was quick to turn the question back around onto the fox, a gentle smile forming on his face.
"Almost right in the center of this neighborhood. Two story house. Although... I forget the exact address..." Takido admits, looking slightly embarrassed for a moment, again. "Were you busy doing anything? I can show you the area if not."
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Image
Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:14 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:41 pm
"I don't know any other pets other than you." Zane said honestly, with a shrug "We might come across some humans but I'm not sure about pets." He tried to say with enthusiasm. "So.. uh.. why are you looking for a diner?"
"Dad works there or something. I can't quite remember. But it's important to him, and he asked if I would be interested in helping around there... Figured I'd come to see it!" She chirps happily. "Something to do during the day. Like... how are you going to spend your days after this? Once you've got food, water, and shelter, you don't need anything else, really."
"I think we should be near that diner I spoke about." Zane mentions, looking around the block. He gives Tiffani a soft smile. "I think this might be it! This was one of the only diners I saw in town. Sorry if it''s not it."
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by DdeeStar »

Foxfan2164 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:07 am
"I think we should be near that diner I spoke about." Zane mentions, looking around the block. He gives Tiffani a soft smile. "I think this might be it! This was one of the only diners I saw in town. Sorry if it''s not it."
"Sorry? Come on! You're the best lead I've had all day and even if it's not it, at least I got to meet someone! I can find that thing any day, it's not going anywhere. Don't worry about it." She grins, a casual flourish of a bow accompanying the response. "I owe you one anyway."

As they reach the front she stops, looking it up and down slowly. She doesn't give any sign of familiarity, just walks up and tries the door. As the diner is closed, the door rattles when she pulls on it. This rattling happens twice more before she gives up, dusting her handpaws together with a shrug at Zane. "I'm not sure what I expected to find."
Neko wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:20 pm
"There is more to volunteer work then trash clean up...Though that is one of the things that helps a lot, and I-" The ranger blinked, staring off in Matatabi's direction for several seconds. "Wait, what kind of training? What exactly did you learn and get trained for?" Ralph turns back to his piles of papers, pulling the feline's paperwork off the top and flipping through it.
Short pause. "I learned to identify the general and some specific animal tracks, how to check tracker tags, read animal body language, how to feed and fend off a feral animal as well as how to set and disarm both basic and complex traps safely. Most of it was supplemental information I was told would not be necessary, but I had little else to do. The video tutorials were a welcome distraction and the follow-up assessments seemed accurate." His head begins to lean away from the staff, leading him to renew a basic standing stance with the staff held near his side upright. His tail is nearly still, just a slow wave behind him as he returns to an expressionless look.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:49 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:07 am
"I think we should be near that diner I spoke about." Zane mentions, looking around the block. He gives Tiffani a soft smile. "I think this might be it! This was one of the only diners I saw in town. Sorry if it''s not it."
"Sorry? Come on! You're the best lead I've had all day and even if it's not it, at least I got to meet someone! I can find that thing any day, it's not going anywhere. Don't worry about it." She grins, a casual flourish of a bow accompanying the response. "I owe you one anyway."
Zane smiled and blushed a bit to Tiff's praise. He was happy to have been able to help.
DdeeStar wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:49 pm
As they reach the front she stops, looking it up and down slowly. She doesn't give any sign of familiarity, just walks up and tries the door. As the diner is closed, the door rattles when she pulls on it. This rattling happens twice more before she gives up, dusting her hand paws together with a shrug at Zane. "I'm not sure what I expected to find."
Zane shrugs back. "Maybe the diner's just closed. It is like around nine o'clock. It might not have opened yet." He offers, "I could come back with you if you decide to check back on it later."
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Neko »

Citrisfur wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:52 pm
"Almost right in the center of this neighborhood. Two story house. Although... I forget the exact address..." Takido admits, looking slightly embarrassed for a moment, again. "Were you busy doing anything? I can show you the area if not."
"Two stories sounds nice." The husky commented."Have you already explored around here?" Kutamo asked, having thought the place had only opened up that day. Perhaps this fox had been here early? "Is there anything cool around here to see?"


_____________________________________________________________________________
DdeeStar wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:49 pm
Short pause. "I learned to identify the general and some specific animal tracks, how to check tracker tags, read animal body language, how to feed and fend off a feral animal as well as how to set and disarm both basic and complex traps safely. Most of it was supplemental information I was told would not be necessary, but I had little else to do. The video tutorials were a welcome distraction and the follow-up assessments seemed accurate." His head begins to lean away from the staff, leading him to renew a basic standing stance with the staff held near his side upright. His tail is nearly still, just a slow wave behind him as he returns to an expressionless look.
Ralph shook his head slightly, eyes closing as he silently cursed at his former coworker. "He had the wrong form filled out." He sighed, holding up the papers that clearly read out 'Volunteer' on the top. They were rather similar to the Ranger forms, except the ranger form packet had at least 3 extra pages to it. "Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was going off of the papers that had been left behind. But, uh..." He opened a drawer and pulled out a stapled pack of papers. "It's going to take some time for me to fill out this paperwork with your information." The ranger looks to the feline thoughtfully for a moment. "Why don't you take a stroll outside and get familiar with the area, give me some time to get this situated, and come back in...20 or 30 minutes? I should have it done by that time, then you can go home and have it signed."
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by DdeeStar »

Foxfan2164 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:51 am
Zane shrugs back. "Maybe the diner's just closed. It is like around nine o'clock. It might not have opened yet." He offers, "I could come back with you if you decide to check back on it later."
Tiffani smiles casually, a full shrug accompanying her line. "This could totally be the right diner. He's not gonna open it while he's unpacking everything. I just liked the walk." She taps the door one more time, then claps her hands together with an eager grin. "Where to next?"
DdeeStar wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:49 pm
Ralph shook his head slightly, eyes closing as he silently cursed at his former coworker. "He had the wrong form filled out." He sighed, holding up the papers that clearly read out 'Volunteer' on the top. They were rather similar to the Ranger forms, except the ranger form packet had at least 3 extra pages to it. "Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was going off of the papers that had been left behind. But, uh..." He opened a drawer and pulled out a stapled pack of papers. "It's going to take some time for me to fill out this paperwork with your information." The ranger looks to the feline thoughtfully for a moment. "Why don't you take a stroll outside and get familiar with the area, give me some time to get this situated, and come back in...20 or 30 minutes? I should have it done by that time, then you can go home and have it signed."
"By the stars." The cat immediately sighs once he's assured the mistake was not his. The whisper of a relieved smile graces his muzzle. Matatabi gives the time expected after the last of what's said is done so, responding with another blank look and a slight bow. "You have my thanks, as well as my apologies. Is there any other task I can complete while away? Specific areas to survey?" His head tilts slightly, one ear tilted flicked to the side.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:31 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:51 am
Zane shrugs back. "Maybe the diner's just closed. It is like around nine o'clock. It might not have opened yet." He offers, "I could come back with you if you decide to check back on it later."
Tiffani smiles casually, a full shrug accompanying her line. "This could totally be the right diner. He's not gonna open it while he's unpacking everything. I just liked the walk." She taps the door one more time, then claps her hands together with an eager grin. "Where to next?"
"I'm not sure." Zane replies, stuffing his paws into his jacket pockets, "Is there anywhere you'd like to go?" He asked, tilting his head slightly towards Tiffini.
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

User avatar
Neko
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Neko »

DdeeStar wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:31 pm
"By the stars." The cat immediately sighs once he's assured the mistake was not his. The whisper of a relieved smile graces his muzzle. Matatabi gives the time expected after the last of what's said is done so, responding with another blank look and a slight bow. "You have my thanks, as well as my apologies. Is there any other task I can complete while away? Specific areas to survey?" His head tilts slightly, one ear tilted flicked to the side.
Ralph shook his head, "You didn't do anything wrong, no need to be sorry." He sighed, beginning to shuffle papers around to get them organized once more. "Well...I would say, take the trail that leads to the meadow. Oh! Before that make sure there aren't any animals hanging out the picnic area. Sometimes they like to dig through the trash cans and make a big mess, and they generally aren't allowed over there in the first place." The ranger turns back to the feline. "If any are there, just give them a warning and let me know if they are still there when you come back from the trail. Definitely head to the meadow though, it's our namesake so you should get a good look and get acquainted with the area."
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.

User avatar
DdeeStar
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: Southwest North America

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by DdeeStar »

Foxfan2164 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:53 pm
"Is there anywhere you'd like to go?" He asked, tilting his head slightly towards Tiffini.
Tiffani brings a handpaw to the back of her head, leaning back slightly as she stares off into the distance. "Hmm... a rec center could be cool! I visited one of those a while ago, they've got treadmills and a bunch of things for working out." She switches back to her eager stance, adding with a laugh "You don't keep this shape by sitting around and looking at clouds! At least I don't. Some cats get lucky." The smile weakens a bit, her focus clearly elsewhere before she interrupts her own train of thought.

"Anyway we can go ask the gate guard, maybe they have a map too! Provided you're not in a rush to get home, that is." The toy cat asks, beginning to walk backward to the entrance of the gated community to keep her attention on Zane. "Whadaya say?" She invites with a welcoming grin.
Neko wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:29 am
"Well...I would say, take the trail that leads to the meadow. [...] Before that make sure there aren't any animals hanging out the picnic area..."
"...Definitely head to the meadow though, it's our namesake so you should get a good look and get acquainted with the area."
Pause. "Understood. Thank you again." The cat replies, a small smile accompanying his parting bow as he heads off to the great outdoors, scarf wound firmly and staff by his side. Stepping onto the trail he begins a slow, methodical pace as his eyes, ears, and nose catch every scene and scent. It's almost overwhelming at first, but soon he finds the method behind the perceived madness, starting to focus on sources like small critters within the foliage and assorted bits of refuse around the entrance trash can. With a moment to steady himself he's back to the search, painting the area into his mind with his senses as he searches for the patterns that make up the world.
All the characters!
Image
Applications are free today only! Don't wait!

User avatar
Foxfan2164
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Location: home in nyc indefinitely

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:22 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:53 pm
"Is there anywhere you'd like to go?" He asked, tilting his head slightly towards Tiffini.
Tiffani brings a handpaw to the back of her head, leaning back slightly as she stares off into the distance. "Hmm... a rec center could be cool! I visited one of those a while ago, they've got treadmills and a bunch of things for working out." She switches back to her eager stance, adding with a laugh "You don't keep this shape by sitting around and looking at clouds! At least I don't. Some cats get lucky." The smile weakens a bit, her focus clearly elsewhere before she interrupts her own train of thought.

"Anyway we can go ask the gate guard, maybe they have a map too! Provided you're not in a rush to get home, that is." The toy cat asks, beginning to walk backward to the entrance of the gated community to keep her attention on Zane. "Whadaya say?" She invites with a welcoming grin.
"Sounds good to me!" Zane replied with a smile. "Don't really have anywhere else to go. My mom told me to come back by dusk." The black and white cat added as he walked towards Tiffini.
My Characters (Links and all)
Image
Image
Image
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.

Post Reply