HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by xhunterko »

Oh he'll be fine. Miles thought to Serenade, running forward on all fours towards Lyn!

No not really. But this one was being plotted against anyways, may as well take the lead. Besides, he was practically BEGGING for it any way. Miles thought to Rena.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ray and Lilly nod understandingly and then hold still, allowing themselves to be thoroughly sniffed, their noses twitching in the direction of the dog in return.
"So, what do you like to do for fun when you're not hunting, Rena? And what do you like to hunt? Ferrets were bred for hunting too, you know. We're just the right size to fit in rabbit holes, not that I've ever tried that of course. In fact, I've never even met a rabbit, or tried eating one, to know if they're good hunting or not, and I doubt I'd be able to hunt one anyway given that it's hard to chase things when you're blind and can't see where they're running."
"Woah, you gonna let her answer?" Ray giggles when Lilly pauses for breath, allowing the tip of his tail to twitch contentedly.
Miles, you know we were plotting revenge on Lyn, didn't you? Were you here the whole time? Thanks for the candy, by the way. It was delicious. the cat thinks at the ghost.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote: "Of course" Serenade nodded , seeing how happy Duke was at the suggestion also reassured her a bit
Duke smiled brightly and closed the book then finding a random nearby spot to stick it in before un-snuggling himself and standing up, offering a gentlefoxes paw for the vixen. When they were able Duke led them to the front where Rena's scent and the commotion seemed to be arising from, coming up on a very scared Lyn apparently the result of Miles having some fun. The fox let out a little chuckle as he figured there was some fun to be had, either way though he led Serenade to Rena and greeted her with a wave of a paw, copying the humans and taking in her scent as they did mainly to avoid the scrape they had earlier due to that issue. "Hello Rena! Long time no see"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn screamed again and turned around as fast as he could and ran away from the beast chasing him.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey allowed herself to be sniffed, smiling a little. She held the book in her tail, while she held her paws behind her back.

"So, Rena, was it? Where ya from?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Just long enough to hear you plotting. Otherwise like I said, I was out having fun! Glad you enjoyed the candy though! Miles thought to Ray.

The werewolf licked his chops and pursued it's prey, giggling madly, relishing the chase! Snarling with glee, knowing it's prey had not much space to run in a tight store.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn ran into a bookshelf and looked around. He shook his head and started climbing up the shelves. "Get away from me!" he yelled.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena's ears fold back. "Ah put up with all this," she says flatly, giving a wide gesture across the store and everyone inside. It's hard to tell if the comment is sarcastic or not. "Ah can't rightly say ah know where ah'm from. Used to travel a lot and never did care 'bout where ah was," she answers to Mickey before turning to Duke. "Nice of you to finally sniff me. Now how's the leg?"

<Ah think that's far enough. We don't need the bookstore being a complete mess,> she thinks to the cat ghost, huffing slightly. :Nice to see him having fun though. Hopefully the town stays this relaxed...:
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"In fact, I've never even met a rabbit, or tried eating one, to know if they're good hunting or not, and I doubt I'd be able to hunt one anyway given that it's hard to chase things when you're blind and can't see where they're running."
Don't try to eat Buster when you meet him, Tara thought to Lily jokingly or you'll have to answer to his boyfriend and I.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All of what?" Lilly queries, unable to see the gesture and unsure how to interpret the tone of voice without the non-verbal clues that sighted pets instinctively read.
Who's Buster? And who's his boyfriend? And when will I meet him? Lilly demands of Tara, her irrepressible nature preventing her from stemming the flow of questions.

Wow. What are you doing to him, Miles? Ray thinks incredulously at Miles.
"You know, Rena, we were going to go exploring after this. Apparently there's a haunted house in the woods. Wanna come with us? You ever been there before?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Marine Fox wrote: Duke smiled brightly and closed the book then finding a random nearby spot to stick it in before un-snuggling himself and standing up, offering a gentlefoxes paw for the vixen. When they were able Duke led them to the front where Rena's scent and the commotion seemed to be arising from, coming up on a very scared Lyn apparently the result of Miles having some fun. The fox let out a little chuckle as he figured there was some fun to be had, either way though he led Serenade to Rena and greeted her with a wave of a paw, copying the humans and taking in her scent as they did mainly to avoid the scrape they had earlier due to that issue. "Hello Rena! Long time no see"
Gladly accepted Duke's paw , Serenade stood up and followed him until we met the new dog , who seemed to have known Duke before . Though , seeing how she's seemingly uncomfortable by the commotion that was happening , Serenade decided it's best to stay back and leave her some room
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Who's Buster? And who's his boyfriend? And when will I meet him? Lilly demands of Tara, her irrepressible nature preventing her from stemming the flow of questions.
Buster's my friend, Janus is his boyfriend, and they should be back tomorrow, so you'll meet them then, Tara replied.
------------
Nettie was standing back, watching the commotion with a smile. "It's been a while since the shop was this lively," she said to herself.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Eh heh, werewolf. Miles thinks to Ray.

Spoil sport. :p Miles thinks to Rena. The werewolf leaps, holes, gnashes his teeth, snaps, and claws at the elevated cat, then leaps and takes one last swipe at him! He then goes to all fours, holes low and longingly, and then the apparition ends! And Lyn's environment is returned to normal.

What have we learned? Miles thought to Lyn.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn hissed when the werewolf jumped up at him. He backed up as much as he could, trembling and whimpering as he did. He looked down when the room changed back to normal. I've learned that you're mean... he thought back, still trembling on top of the bookshelf.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey walks over to Lyn, holding out her paw. She had no idea what had happen to him, but she figured it was probably some weird ghost stuff. She snickered a bit.

"You ok?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn backed away from Mickey. "N-no... I-I'm not." he said, cowering against the wall.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey sits down a few feet away from him, giving him some space.

"Ah'm not a hallucination, Lyn. Ah'm real and everything is alright. Nothing's gonna happen."

"You see you did? Poor critter's scared stiff! I mean come on!", she thought, hoping the ghost who scared him was listening.

Mickey smiled up at Lyn, waving a little.

"You could have chased him into a corner! That just causes more fear! But if you scare him an more, we might just have to get a crowbar."

"Easy, Lyn. Ya'll come down when yer calm enough to, ok?"
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I-I'm not s-s-sure I can b-believe that nothing i-is going to h-happen..." Lyn said, hoping that Miles wouldn't scare him again. He nervously looked around while scratching the top of the bookcase. "O-okay. I c-can do th-that." Lyn said, poking his face over the bookcase to look at Mickey.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"And if something does happen, Ah'm sitting right here, ok?"

Mickey looked up at Lyn, smiling.

"Cityfolk are weird, but I can't really say that. I'm weird too."
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn nodded and sat up on the bookshelf for a few more minutes. He felt he had calmed down enough to climb down, even though he was still shaking. He climbed down and sat next to Mickey and laid his head on her shoulder. He was still shaking pretty badly and he looked around nervously as if someone was going to jump at him.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey removed her handkerchief, revealing the leather collar underneath, carefully tying it around Lyn's neck.

"It's alright. Easy now. Nothing's gonna hurt ya."
My characters!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Oh oh, says mister I'm just gonna scare the crap out of someone out of the blue? Miles thought to the cat.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I don't scare them like that! Lyn argued at Miles. He smiled a bit when Mickey tied her handkerchief around his neck. "T-thanks." he said, purring softly. He was still shaking but nowhere near as much as he had been.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Who was scaring ya to begin with? I assuming a ghost, but Tara was over with us and Rena when y'all started running around."

Mickey awkwardly pulled on her collar, the absence of the handkerchief feeling weird to the space around her neck. But Lyn was her friend and she could go without it until he's feeling better. She pulled her paw down, brought her tail in front of her and grabbed the book it still held. She located her bookmark before turning to the first page and began reading out loud.
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"It was Miles." Lyn replied, now in control of his voice. He was soothed by Mickey's reading and he had stopped shaking. He purred softly as his tail swished around.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Who's Miles? I don't think I've met that ghost."

Mickey continues to read, telling the meanings of the words written in Husky. She smiles at the well-drawn picture of Farow, even purring a bit at the hunky husky.
My characters!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"He's a ghost cat." Lyn replied, giggling a bit at Mickey's reaction to the husky.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Wonder why'd he do that to you."

Mickey set the book in her lap and put a paw to her chest as she recited the Husky Motto in fluent Husky. She followed this up with a growl, howl, and two barks. She continued to read.

"Yeah, Ah'm shameless when it comes to species boundaries. Ah'll act like a dog if Ah wanna."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Originally too shy to actually greeted Rena , Serenade was instead distracted by Lyn's distressing screams , though the vixen knew it was Miles' doing , seeing the poor cat frightened out of his fur like that still concerned her quite a bit.
"It's alright Lyn , it's alright" she said , sitting down next to Lyn , stroking his fur in an attempt to calm him down "I'm sure Miles didn't mean to harm you or anything"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Lyn nearly jumped out of his fur when he felt Serenade pet him. "That's not what it seemed like." he said, looking at the fox, his eyes wide with fear.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Miles, I think you may have taken things too far, Tara thought to the other ghost. There's a big difference between being pranked and actually fearing for your life.

she then quietly added especially from a wolf.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena's paws go up to rub her face briefly. "Ah don't think it's been long enough," she says flatly as she lets her paws drop from her face, then clears her throat. "Ah can show ya there, but ah ain't going until ah've had a moment to talk to Ma and get used to all the new scents."

<Glad ya had fun. Y'all will need to fill me in on what ah've apparently missed.>
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure. No rush. The shack ain't going anywhere." smiles Lilly.
Cool! So, if Buster's a rabbit, is Janus a rabbit too? she asks Tara.
"Sorry, did you say something, Mrs. Callahan?" she queries, her sensitive ears having picked up on the muttering.

Eep. Poor Lyn. Werewolf movies are some of my least favourite movies. I'd hate to meet one in real life! Guess I don't need to get Lyn back after all. I wonder if it's possible to prank a ghost instead... Er... I mean... Oh dear. You didn't just hear that last thought, did you? Ray tries to look unfazed by his thought and by the previous goings on but even he is slightly shaken, now realising that the ghosts are capable of far more than he'd thought. To distract himself he turns his attention back to the new dog.
"So... You've been there before then?" he queries, trying to keep the conversation going.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Cool! So, if Buster's a rabbit, is Janus a rabbit too? she asks Tara.
No, he's actually a... I think he said a Czech Wolf? Tara replied, shaking off her earlier thoughts. They're an odd couple, to be sure.
---------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Sorry, did you say something, Mrs. Callahan?" she queries, her sensitive ears having picked up on the muttering.
"Nothing important, dear," Nettie replied. "Just enjoying the excitement."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

It doesn't matter. You scare someone you scare someone. It is still a level of terror. And, as you soon found out for yourself, isn't nice. Miles thought to Lyn.

~Yes I did.~ But he'll be fine. Miles thought to Ray.

Will do dearest eventually. Miles thought to Rena.

There is scaring, and there is scaring. I for one, don't see a difference. I just hope he learned his lesson. Miles thought to Tara.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:Lyn nearly jumped out of his fur when he felt Serenade pet him. "That's not what it seemed like." he said, looking at the fox, his eyes wide with fear.
"I know I know" Serenade replied gently , still stroking Lyn's fur "I know me scared you , but it's alright , I'm sure he didn't mean you any actual harm , just calm down a bit OK ? Everything has its reason after all"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

That was a completely different level of terror than just sneaking up behind someone. Lyn thought back. He turned towards Serenade. "There's gotta be an amazing reason for doing that then." he said, calming down slightly, but still looking around.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The shiba inu nods. "More'n once. Did Miles invite y'all over?" she asks as she straightens back up and shakes herself off some to ease the nerves, glad that the attention has started to slowly drift away from her for the moment.

<Dearest? What time are y'all from again?> Rena thinks to Miles, looking around to try to spot anything translucent.
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nah, I kinda did. We were all in the music shop and we decided to go and explore the haunted house and I suggested exploring here on the way because I wanted some new books. So, here we are. I found some books too. Your mom was very accommodating."
"Yeah. What Lilly said. You okay there, Lyn?" he queries, turning to the other cat.
"Where did Draco go to? I haven't heard him for a little while." The ferret sniffs around a little, trying to locate the dog.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey waves to Serenade as she comes over.

"Hello, Serenade! Ah'm just over here reading a story to Lyn."

Her ears swivel toward Ray, for he had spoken, but her head didn't turn.
My characters!