HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by valerio »

"In this case, I could teach you something about possession. I know what I just told you, but it may come a moment you will have to do it. I guess it is better to be prepared to what awaits you, rather than discovering too late the consequences of untrained action."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles sighed, he didn't like the idea either, but Hubert was right.

"I suppose," Miles said, and the words sounded strange as he said them, "What shall we, possess then?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Miles sighed, he didn't like the idea either, but Hubert was right.
"I suppose," Miles said, and the words sounded strange as he said them, "What shall we, possess then?"
"Not 'what'. 'Who'. And it must be under strict voluntary basis."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh dear," he said. Then all at once he snapped his fingers.

"Serenade! She's fairly powerful, and should probably be able to expel a feral ghost if she wanted. Cause, I, am not asking Janus or Buster to volunteer." Miles said.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Grace was not aware about the gravity of her question on the two foxes, just wanting to keep the conversation flowing. But when she saw Duke's nonchalant attitude and listened to Serenade's hesitant answer, she wanted to do a facepaw right there and then. So much for trying to break the re-frozen iced between them.

"I-I see," she instead said, eyes going down slightly in Serenade's direction in an apologetic manner. She helped herself to another slice of pizza, and nibbled at the end again. "How about you ah, officer?" she started asking the deputy, hoping to divert the conversation in a favourable direction. "Have you been working here long?"

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Jessie went for another slice of pizza when Grace did, almost bumping into her with her own paw. She then ate it slowly and waited for the officer to reply.

(Ooc: Short post is short.)
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Still keeping a neutral, calm demeanor Duke listened to Serenades answer and hoped that, that wouldn't be the case anymore, that at the very least the two of them wouldn't ever struggle for food and shelter.
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Nods his head quietly while chewing the pizza. He tried to picture in his head what it would be like to find your own home and food every night. Eventually it got too hard to picture so he dropped the thought for now. "Must be hard to do I suppose..."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Oh dear," he said. Then all at once he snapped his fingers.
"Serenade! She's fairly powerful, and should probably be able to expel a feral ghost if she wanted. Cause, I, am not asking Janus or Buster to volunteer." Miles said.
"I see your point...But Serenade already shares her physical being with another entity, whose allegiances elude me. I would not recommend her. Not to mention that I would rather try with someone who would offer him- or herself as volunteer to such course of action."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

sunauto wrote:Nods his head quietly while chewing the pizza. He tried to picture in his head what it would be like to find your own home and food every night. Eventually it got too hard to picture so he dropped the thought for now. "Must be hard to do I suppose..."
"yes it could be a little bit difficult at times , but you know , you get used to it"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"If we got too carried away, would, would you be able to help pull us out?" Miles asked nervously.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"If we got too carried away, would, would you be able to help pull us out?" Miles asked nervously.
"Of that, I have no doubt."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The silence inside the restaurant was deafening, to say the least. At least that was how Grace was feeling after no one except Riley had spoken for a while, mulling in their own thoughts. Was her slip of tongue had been that bad? The ermine swiveled her ears in an uncertain and erratic pattern, betraying her usual calm demeanor. She needed to say something to break the wall of silence.

But then again, was there anything worth saying now? As she picked up the glass of water to sip a little, Grace felt like anything that was said now would just make things worse. There was the sudden cold front that seemed to only affect her, then there was Duke's offish stance against Riley. She couldn't say anything against him, because she knew he was troubled by the "having to become a pet" issue.

And she was just hoping to draw something after not doing so for so long today...

Sighing, she set her sights towards the deputy once again, only this time with a determined look. Might as well go ahead and take the risk.

"Umm, Officer, I want to make a proposal about Duke's and Serenade's situation. How about letting both of them be registered under my partner's name? He is a licensed pet owner specializing in handling exotic and unusual pets such as myself--" She looked at both the foxes with a more softened expression "I mean no offense, but foxes are regarded as unusual pets, at least from what I have read on my partner's license statement." "--and maybe they can just register under his name. He will only be their owner by name and nothing else, but he will also take care of them if the need arises. Of course, they will need to visit and be visited by him once a week and be sent to the clinic regularly, as you have explained in your 2nd option just now, but my partner is very free, and will be able to do all this without any sacrifice on his side. As I had said, we are both illustrator and author of books, and I doubt we would be very busy, seeing that we both are recovering and needed a break."

Letting that all sink in for a while, the ermine concluded, "So, what do you think, Officer? And you two too, Duke, Serene. It won't be a burden to my partner, and I'm sure this is pretty much a win-win situation for everyone."

She didn't even notice she had dropped her dialect completely, and stared at the three of them intently, waiting for either an agreement or a whiplash. She was ready to take either of them.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

After a long period of silence Duke almost wanted to say something but all of a sudden Grace spoke up, suggesting to the officer that he and Serenade stay with her owner. Duke didn't know what he thought of this, it was unexpected and at the same time appreciated but he still didn't know if it was right to do this. He really didn't feel like donating their time to a human every week and spending a day with them but he wanted to do what was best for the both of them. He sat by and looked between Serenade, grace and the officer waiting for some sort of reaction.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Thanks Grace , for offering , I'm really appreciate it , and of course I see you point as well." Serenade smiled , after a sudden silence like that , this is a rather nice change of pace "But you see , the thing is , I don't think I'm ready for this kind of thing yet . to be honest up until today the thought of settling down didn't even occurred to me , yeah I know it might sounds a bit weird , but ya know . Furthermore , I also have some little problems here and there of my own . Don't get me wrong Grace I really am grateful for that offer , but like I've said to Mr.Deputy here , this is a really big decision Duke and I are making , so I think we need some time to think it over." She said , even though the fox still couldn't completely open up to the others , it still wouldn't hurt to show that she acknowledge Grace's good intention
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"I understand, this is a big thing for the both of you," Grace started. "But I think I need to clarify something before you decide. You don't have to stay with us, and you're free to be wherever you want to be in the neighbourhood. No need to settle down in a house like me, you can see my partner as a free-for-all entrance ticket to Applegate, with the fee of spending just a little of your time with him as per instruction, and visiting the vet every once in a while."

The ermine paused, took a deep breath, and continued, "And the vet, while it might be scary sometimes with the needles and such, is a friendly place full with friendly people and other pets. Going in will not rub off your individuality and freedom as a free being. Also, I for one am not a fan of microchipping, because it seems so... demeaning. No offense Mr Officer." She nodded apologetically towards the burly man in uniform.

Suddenly, she became more self-aware of how forward she was being, and shied back into her seat, bowing her head down in embarrassment but keeping her eye contact with both Duke and Serenade. "I-I don't mean to be pushy, I'm sorry, but I must make the offer as clear as possible so that you will not regret it."

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Sigh, all right then, I think I know who to ask, just keep a good eye on me will you?" Miles said.

Hey Grace? He thought to her.
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Riley shudders a bit at the mention of the vet. "I personally rather not remember that place, never been much a fan of vets myself, but I had to go there before coming here. Don't know why they need to do all those tests if they could just ask me..." He blinks suddenly as he realizes he might be scaring the foxes a bit. "I'm sorry I didn't make mean to make them sound so bad, I just don't care for them much other than the free treats at the end."

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

*Ehem* "Well, you see ah, what Riley said is true, they will subject you to several tests, but they're mostly to check for your vitals and health, because there are times where you yourself might not know whether you are OK or not lor," Grace stated. At one point, she felt like smacking Riley's head, but he was stating the truth, and she did not want to cover up anything!
xhunterko wrote:"Hey Grace? He thought to her.
Grace was still staying quiet and waiting for some sort of response when she heard a familiar voice. Keeping a straight face, she thought, "Oh, hi again Miles! Thought you have to hide from the afternoon sun or something... you sound anxious, everything OK?"

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I know guys , I know" Serenade giggled "Don't worry I know they're not that bad" she said , which is half of the truth . Sure the vet wouldn't be that bad , if she was a normal fox , like any other foxes. But she wasn't , there was something wrong with her , and she knew that . What if she agreed to this , to go to the vet ? What would happen if they find out what she is ? And that there might be no cure for it ? What would happen to her ? And more importantly , to Duke ? And those are just a few of many questions that were still on her mind......maybe she would find some way to discuss with the others later , but not now , not with a human still around...
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Ha ha, not this ghost. But now that you mention it. I was gonna ask you something. But it didn't feel right seeing we just met. But if you want to do me some kind of ghost training favor, I'd rather let you think about it for a minute or two okay and ask someone else in the meantime. Okay? Miles thought to her.

Hey Duke? Miles thought to him.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

xhunterko wrote:Ha ha, not this ghost. But now that you mention it. I was gonna ask you something. But it didn't feel right seeing we just met. But if you want to do me some kind of ghost training favor, I'd rather let you think about it for a minute or two okay and ask someone else in the meantime. Okay? Miles thought to her.

Hey Duke? Miles thought to him.
Duke had been listening to the others, letting Nadia answer some of the questions as she was more calm and able to not be irritated by some of the questions. But in the middle of Dukes thinking a familiar voice filled his head.
"Yes?"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

xhunterko wrote:Ha ha, not this ghost. But now that you mention it. I was gonna ask you something. But it didn't feel right seeing we just met. But if you want to do me some kind of ghost training favor, I'd rather let you think about it for a minute or two okay and ask someone else in the meantime. Okay? Miles thought to her.
"Wait, ghosts need to train too? Interesting... I don't mind helping, but I'm kind of in the middle of a discussion woh. Maybe a little later?" Grace told him telepathically.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

serence ice fox wrote:"I know guys , I know" Serenade giggled "Don't worry I know they're not that bad" she said , which is half of the truth . Sure the vet wouldn't be that bad , if she was a normal fox , like any other foxes. But she wasn't , there was something wrong with her , and she knew that . What if she agreed to this , to go to the vet ? What would happen if they find out what she is ? And that there might be no cure for it ? What would happen to her ? And more importantly , to Duke ? And those are just a few of many questions that were still on her mind......maybe she would find some way to discuss with the others later , but not now , not with a human still around...
"For what it's worth," the deputy began to say, "Her proposal would work. But I understand that you still need time to think. But no matter your decision, I'd like to give you this." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a key and put it on the table. "This opens the basement of the house out in the woods. There's some beds and food in there if you need it."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Wait, ghosts need to train too? Interesting... I don't mind helping, but I'm kind of in the middle of a discussion woh. Maybe a little later?" Grace told him telepathically.
Well, not all ghosts do. Me and Tara do though. But okay, talk to you later. Miles thought back.
Duke had been listening to the others, letting Nadia answer some of the questions as she was more calm and able to not be irritated by some of the questions. But in the middle of Dukes thinking a familiar voice filled his head.
"Yes?"
Hey Duke? Do you want to help me with something, I dunno, slightly dangerous? He thought to him.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

xhunterko wrote:
Hey Duke? Do you want to help me with something, I dunno, slightly dangerous? He thought to him.
Duke didn't show it but he felt a bit curious and also somewhat cautious of what Miles needed that was Dangerous.
"Uh Sure. How dangerous are we talking here though"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, it's only slightly dangerous, as I may get too carried away. But, as part of teaching us ghost things, one of those is, possession of a body. Although it shouldn't be too dangerous, Hubert will be keeping a very close watch and will be able to yank me away. He thought to him.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "For what it's worth," the deputy began to say, "Her proposal would work. But I understand that you still need time to think. But no matter your decision, I'd like to give you this." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a key and put it on the table. "This opens the basement of the house out in the woods. There's some beds and food in there if you need it."
"sir...I..." Serenade muttered , showing a mix of both confusion and surprised at the human's gesture . Sure she wanted to ask why would he gives them something like this when they just met , and she's not even promising Duke and her would go through with this , but at the same time , as far as it appeared to be , this is a gesture of kindness , one which the fox can't just ignore . "I don't know what to say but....thank you" she said, taking the key with her right paw. Well....it's a start at least
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

xhunterko wrote:Well, it's only slightly dangerous, as I may get too carried away. But, as part of teaching us ghost things, one of those is, possession of a body. Although it shouldn't be too dangerous, Hubert will be keeping a very close watch and will be able to yank me away. He thought to him.
Without doing it on purpose Duke sort of left the situation at the table and focused on the mental situation that may unfold, he wanted to do what he could to help but possession sounded really dangerous if a thousands year old spirit may have to intervene but right now it was worth a shot.
"Alright, as long as it is safe I don't mind. Just please don't do anything embarrassing with my body"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hey chill! I'm not one of those kinds of ghosts remember? I'll be over there in a minute. Miles thought to him.

"Well, Duke's agreed to let me practice on him, with you watching Hubert," Miles said.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

xhunterko wrote:Hey chill! I'm not one of those kinds of ghosts remember? I'll be over there in a minute. Miles thought to him.

"Well, Duke's agreed to let me practice on him, with you watching Hubert," Miles said.

Duke let out a small sigh, slightly worried but at that moment he realized something may happen in front of everyone else, it might not be such a big deal with just pets but he didn't want to give the human officer another reason to distrust ferals, he looked over at the table with a slightly anxious look.

"If you'll excuse me for just a moment. I'll be right back"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote: Duke let out a small sigh, slightly worried but at that moment he realized something may happen in front of everyone else, it might not be such a big deal with just pets but he didn't want to give the human officer another reason to distrust ferals, he looked over at the table with a slightly anxious look.

"If you'll excuse me for just a moment. I'll be right back"
"please excuse Duke." Serenade said to the rest , seeing the looks on her friend's face as he left the table "It's just that us ferals don't do well in a place with many people like this"
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Hey chill! I'm not one of those kinds of ghosts remember? I'll be over there in a minute. Miles thought to him.
Well, Duke's agreed to let me practice on him, with you watching Hubert," Miles said.
"Excellent. Miles, you will start first. Tara, as mortals use to say, watch and learn. You will have your chance to try." This said, the three spirits faded away
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

After his possible mistake of making the vet seem like a bad place he slowly went silent. As the group talked he looked at the last piece of pizza before pushing it towards Serenade. "Here, I don't think any of us would argue if you took the last piece of pizza, you need it more than we do, if anything this is just a treat for us."

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

sunauto wrote:After his possible mistake of making the vet seem like a bad place he slowly went silent. As the group talked he looked at the last piece of pizza before pushing it towards Serenade. "Here, I don't think any of us would argue if you took the last piece of pizza, you need it more than we do, if anything this is just a treat for us."
"th-thank you" Serenade said , slowly took the last piece while blushing a little bit . Sure it is true that she would love some more of those delicious pizza , but at the same time she didn't want to look like she needed it that much in front of so many people "It's been quite awhile since the last time I had something human actually cook , kinda forgot how good it can be actually" She said , smiling a little bit while nomming on the last pizza piece
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

xhunterko wrote:Well, not all ghosts do. Me and Tara do though. But okay, talk to you later. Miles thought back.
"Wait, who's Tara? Anoth--oh, okay," Grace stuttered in monologue, feeling Miles leaving her conscience.

She returned back to the situation in front of her to see that the deputy had literally given the two foxes a place to live in. She couldn't hide her surprise as well, and smiled at the turn of situation. "That's very kind of you woh, Officer."

Seeing that things had turned for the better, she was puzzled when Duke excused himself and leaving. After Serenade's explanation though, she dismissed any bad thoughts outright. "Okay, I understand, there IS a lot of people and pets inside."

While she watched Riley passing the last piece of pizza to the blue fox, possibly as an act of apology, and seeing Serenade taking the pizza gratefully, the ermine touched Jessie's paw and asked, "You've been quiet, sweetie. Thinking of something?"

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:
"please excuse Duke." Serenade said to the rest , seeing the looks on her friend's face as he left the table "It's just that us ferals don't do well in a place with many people like this"
As he scooted out of the booth Duke gave Serenade a small thankful smile for covering his exit, when he got out he walked out of the diner and looked around him for humans or any witnesses, feeling it was obvious someone may see Duke nonchalantly walked a little bit before he came across a small alley and walked a ways in till he was sure if something happened it would draw attention.
After he was clear he took a breath and thought back to Miles
"Alright buddy, I'm ready when you are"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

All right. Miles thought to him. Standing behind him already. A little nervous and wary himself. He placed his paws gently on Duke's shoulders.

Phew, so. What do I do now? Miles asked Hubert.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Duke, this mere contact will trigger your atavic fears of the dead. Relax, ignore them, open yourself to your spiritual friend, just as if his was the touch of a mortal being.
<Miles, once Duke has relaxed, you will perceive him as a warm, glowing light. That is the light of the living ones, and you will feel drawn to it. You will feel the hunger as if it was a physical thing, an irresistible force. And so, in order to help you fight it, I will paint a...more apt scenario for you to work with. Are you ready?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Yeah. So long as Duke is. Miles thought to both, still just a tad nervous but knowing that if, should anything go awry, a much more stronger spirit then he would intervene. That gave him a small amount of confidence.