Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by CyberDragon »

"The counsel is a part of the city government. You can't just get rid of it. And while there have been plenty of grassroots candidates running for mayor or various counsel positions, they never get the funding or publicity that the incumbents do. There are a lot of very rich people who like the current counsel, and don't like their influence being diluted by members they haven't bought and paid for." Wildfire explained, before spitting out a small burst of flame in irritation. "Money holds power. The counsel just has to make sure of two things: their dirty laundry doesn't get aired in public, and they give their donors everything they ask for. They do that, and they'll have all the funding for advertisements they need and the press will sing their praises, and challengers won't stand a chance no matter what they do."

---------------------------------

"I can drop you all off at the cafe and let you explore the town, or I can drop you off at the HQ and you can take the time to familiarize yourselves with it." Heather said to the passengers she was about to drop off. "Your pick."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Maybe I should run for council." Ryan suggests.
"Couldn't hurt to have a Kaiju on the board, even if no one knows it."

~~~~~~~~
Almost without breaking step, Lightfoot shifts back into Ted and follows the truck through the gate.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Sipping his drink, Mordecai gave a nod at what Wildfire said, sighing as he did. "I'd vote for you. Heck, we have a few Kaiju's on our council, Ryan, one being a retired Navy SEALs," he then answered Ryan, before turning back to Wildfire, "Serious question: Since you're human as well as kaiju, is the council more lax with you or are they more strict?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:34 pm
"I can drop you all off at the cafe and let you explore the town, or I can drop you off at the HQ and you can take the time to familiarize yourselves with it." Heather said to the passengers she was about to drop off. "Your pick."
The cat's head swings immediately to Heather, responding with an eager "The town!" before he catches himself. "Ah, if that works with your plans, M- Gregg. You sounded like you were up for it earlier." He offers, sitting upright in his seat as he tries to catch sight of more familiar structures.

"What do we need to see at the HQ?" Tigress asks, a growing boredom inspiring discussion. "If you need those security passes and the checkpoint at the door there's more there than just the clinic, right?"
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hm, sounds like we're decided then. It'll be good to see the area we'll be working in for the most part. Or at least what we'll be calling home base," Gregg says, reaching towards the door handle in preparation for their stop. "Get to know people, see the sights, stuff like that."

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Julian said, not moving as he wasn't getting out, "I'll take now to bid you goodbye until tomorrow. Gregg" He nodded to the Human before turning around. "Tigress. Mist." To Mist he offered a hand to shake.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, thanks, Mordecai." Ryan grins, before looking at Wildlife, interested to hear the dragon's answer to the question.

~~~~~~~~
"Oh yeah. There's a lot of important stuff at HQ." Ted answers Tigress as he leans casually on the truck.
"I could tell you all about it. But then I'd have to kill you." he jokes, leaving the real answer to the Colonel.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I believe so. Even though I am not technically human, I just look like one." Wildfire answered. "Most of the council are humans, so there's a little comfort in familiarity with my disguised form. And, of course, several of the more anti-Kaiju members are also not fans of Zoomorphs either."

Wildfire grumbled angrily and flames flickered in his nostrils. "Some of them I would really like to just throw into the bay."

--------------------------------

"There are plenty of things at the HQ to see and learn, but nothing that needs to be seen today. I took you to get checkups in part because it is needed for orientation, and partly to make sure no one was injured in that hunter attack. Everyone who wants to explore the town can get out now. Meet me back at the diner in about three hours, and I'll show you to where you can stay for the night."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:05 pm
"I believe so. Even though I am not technically human, I just look like one." Wildfire answered. "Most of the council are humans, so there's a little comfort in familiarity with my disguised form. And, of course, several of the more anti-Kaiju members are also not fans of Zoomorphs either."

Wildfire grumbled angrily and flames flickered in his nostrils. "Some of them I would really like to just throw into the bay."
"Wouldn't blame you if you did toss a few," Mordecai replied chuckling, "Being a mayor and a member of one of the oldest kaiju species out there, you'd think they'd be a bit more open to me but no. In all the history of my people, none of us have ever went rogue, purposely destroyed a city, or ate anyone. We live to protect the lives of humans and we go out of our way to help them...yet, most rather look upon the negative of something and decide that all things must be negative." He reached for his soda and sipped it, "Funny enough, I got one more meeting with them before I return to Thunder Bay and, knowing how things went today? I don't expect anything different in the next; They'll still want me to register, still want me to show them where Jörmungandr is, and all this other malarkey. And I'll just keep telling them the same thing I told them today and my people have told them for years: I will not register and the sword will remain locked away."

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:05 pm
"Well," Julian said, not moving as he wasn't getting out, "I'll take now to bid you goodbye until tomorrow. Gregg" He nodded to the Human before turning around. "Tigress. Mist." To Mist he offered a hand to shake.
Barely still in his seat, Mist's attention is focused outside until his name is spoken. With a note of surprise, he turns back, mistaking the handshake for a more casual goodbye and slapping his own hand against Julian's, then switching to a fist bump. "See you later, Mr. Julian!" The Raksasi beside him gives Julian no more than a curiously amused look, saying nothing of the fact that she didn't plan on leaving yet.
Hlaoroo wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:29 am
"Heh, thanks, Mordecai." Ryan grins, before looking at Wildlife, interested to hear the dragon's answer to the question.

~~~~~~~~
"Oh yeah. There's a lot of important stuff at HQ." Ted answers Tigress as he leans casually on the truck.
"I could tell you all about it. But then I'd have to kill you." he jokes, leaving the real answer to the Colonel.
CyberDragon wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:05 pm
"There are plenty of things at the HQ to see and learn, but nothing that needs to be seen today. I took you to get checkups in part because it is needed for orientation, and partly to make sure no one was injured in that hunter attack. Everyone who wants to explore the town can get out now. Meet me back at the diner in about three hours, and I'll show you to where you can stay for the night."
There's a flash of white as Tigress prepares her own witty remark, but the note on the hunter attack quickly kills whatever fun she planned to have. She gives a meaningless "Huh." as she settles back into her seat, turning back to the front windshield without further response for the doctor.

The other feline is no happier to think about it again, but any apprehension serves only to slightly dull his excited tone. "Three hours! Got it." and he's on his feet immediately to follow Gregg out of the car. Tigress's tenseness is seemingly nonexistent to him, but she does nothing to stop him.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You mind if I ask what you're tryign to get out of the council, Mordecai? Perhaps I can help with it. You don't get to be COO of a multinational business without making a few connections." Ryan asks, taking another chip and then helping himself to a garlic scroll.

~~~~~~~~
"Something on your mind, Tigress?" Ted asks gently through the window of the open door, making sure not to block the feline's escape route, just in case.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:51 am
"You mind if I ask what you're tryign to get out of the council, Mordecai? Perhaps I can help with it. You don't get to be COO of a multinational business without making a few connections." Ryan asks, taking another chip and then helping himself to a garlic scroll.
"What I want is for this council is to leave me and my people alone. Again, throughout this world's history, there has never been a rogue Tikbalang attack, purposely destroyed a city, or ate anyone. If you can make them see that we are not like the other kaijus of this planet and convince them to stop trying to get us to register...I'd...we'd be eternally grateful." He answered, almost sounding frustrated in tone. Of all councils he interacted with, Crater City is the only one that gave his people the most issue.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"...Like the other Kaiju?" Wildfire raised an eyebrow, before his eyes narrowed. He continued with a sort of cold calmness that betrayed a sort of fierce anger at the insinuation. "Well, I've got news for you. Tikbalang aren't at all different from 'other Kaiju.' We're all essentially members of the same, diverse species. There is nothing inherent in Tikbalang that makes you immune to the trappings that come with having the kinds of power we all do. If there were as many Tikbalang out there as there are, say, colossi, you would certainly have one or two who would use their power inappropriately. If there were Tikbalang living in this city for long enough, outside of the protection your village offers, where they'd have people hunting them and nobody on their side, I guarantee you eventually one would retaliate. You are not immune. You are not better than the rest of us. Turning a blind eye to the possibility of something going wrong all but guarantees it will happen, and insinuating that these problems only happen to 'others' or because of some inherent biological trait is what leads to people hunting us down because of the belief we are all just time bombs waiting to go off. It shifts the 'solution' to the problem towards extermination rather than understanding. It is a dangerous idea, as well as being wrong."

----------------------------

"If we don't leave now, we're going to get stuck in traffic, Doc." Heather informed him. "You know how the bridge gets during rush hour. We'll see you later, right?"

She put the truck in reverse.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:41 pm
"...Like the other Kaiju?" Wildfire raised an eyebrow, before his eyes narrowed. He continued with a sort of cold calmness that betrayed a sort of fierce anger at the insinuation. "Well, I've got news for you. Tikbalang aren't at all different from 'other Kaiju.' We're all essentially members of the same, diverse species. There is nothing inherent in Tikbalang that makes you immune to the trappings that come with having the kinds of power we all do. If there were as many Tikbalang out there as there are, say, colossi, you would certainly have one or two who would use their power inappropriately. If there were Tikbalang living in this city for long enough, outside of the protection your village offers, where they'd have people hunting them and nobody on their side, I guarantee you eventually one would retaliate. You are not immune. You are not better than the rest of us. Turning a blind eye to the possibility of something going wrong all but guarantees it will happen, and insinuating that these problems only happen to 'others' or because of some inherent biological trait is what leads to people hunting us down because of the belief we are all just time bombs waiting to go off. It shifts the 'solution' to the problem towards extermination rather than understanding. It is a dangerous idea, as well as being wrong."
Almost smacking Ryan as he did, Mordecai stood up rather quickly from the seat as anger began to seep back into him. Unlike what he felt earlier in the day, the anger he was feeling now? This anger felt different. Many words began dancing in his head, many insults and many vulgarities as well. There was so many things he wanted to say right now and defend his people but, deep down? It wouldn't do anything but ignite a bigger argument. One that would even surpass prior events. However and realizing arguing would just lead to bigger problems, Mordecai simply and slowly shook his head at Wildfire and left the room, shutting the door behind him as he headed out to the pool deck overlooking the city, resting his arms on the ledge.

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:51 am

~~~~~~~~
"Something on your mind, Tigress?" Ted asks gently through the window of the open door, making sure not to block the feline's escape route, just in case.
The warrior's head flicks towards Ted suddenly, her attention lingering at the door as Mist passes by her to exit. "Nothing. It's fine. It's fine." Her muttering is accompanied by the balling of her hands into fists, then releasing, repeating the motion anxiously as she tries to focus on the sights out front. Her son vanishes along the side of the car, leaning briefly against the frame as he checks to make sure both his phone and the newly-acquired blade are still on him.
CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:41 pm
"If we don't leave now, we're going to get stuck in traffic, Doc." Heather informed him. "You know how the bridge gets during rush hour. We'll see you later, right?"

She put the truck in reverse.
Tigress's phone is suddenly thrust towards the doctor at the door, her number (under the name GARIMA) displayed in the massive blocky font on the screen. "If ANYTHING! ANYTHING happens! I wa-I need to know. Right away. And - if any - ANY of that smoke is on him." She seems to have to stop to catch her breath, her short, panicked inhalations drawn between grit teeth. ""Please." Her voice, far more of a sharp demand than a plea, is deliberately lowered in an attempt to keep eavesdroppers to a minimum, but the soft sigh from the feline just around the corner suggests little effect. He pushes himself off the car, maintaining the smile automatically as though nothing were wrong. His attention deliberately turns away from the doctor and the car, the few steps away from the roadside letting him pretend to survey the nearby structures more convincingly.
All the characters!

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Some hard truths there but I think he needed to hear them." Ryan says quietly once the door is shut behind the Tikbalang.
"I'll do what I can to help, of course, but when it comes to policies like that I only have so much influence... It's strange, though. I didn't think our council even had jurisdiction over Thunder Bay. Why, then, would they be trying to round up Kaiju over there?"

~~~~~~~~
"Don't worry. I promise I'll let you know the moment anything happens." Ted assures Tigress, plugging the number into his own phone and stepping back to let the truck go.

Once Tigress is safely out of earshot, Ted looks across at Mist.
"Don't worry, Mist. I'm not going to spy on you or follow you. You're old enough to look after yourself and the base is pretty safe as long as you follow any warning signs and stay out of restricted areas. I am trusting you to be sensible and let me know if anything happens or if you need help though, okay?" the doctor promises the tuxedo cat.
"You have my number now, plus you know where the medical centre is, and you know the code words. So I'm sure you'll be fine. Go enjoy yourself."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:52 pm
"Some hard truths there but I think he needed to hear them." Ryan says quietly once the door is shut behind the Tikbalang.
"I'll do what I can to help, of course, but when it comes to policies like that I only have so much influence... It's strange, though. I didn't think our council even had jurisdiction over Thunder Bay. Why, then, would they be trying to round up Kaiju over there?"
Mordecai stood there in silence for a spell. It was a good question Ryan asked, but it was one that even he didn't have the answer for. "Your guess is as good as mine and the rest of my people," he shrugged, "We never gave any councils reason to fear us, round us up, or keep an eye on us like other kaijus. We always strived to put mankind ahead of us and help out where we can...so why this council wants to, how you said, round us up is beyond my thinking." A small sigh left the horse's mouth, "Sorry for storming out again, Wildfire just...I swear he doesn't getus Tikbalang, our way of life, and beliefs."

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Well, Julian thought, shifting back in his seat. this has been quite the day. 'Found' by the state, a new job, new friends and, hopefully, money enough to make my room a bit less sparse. " And," he thaught audibly, "it's not over yet. The lovely Tracie awaits." He seemed to reason he'd said that last aloud. "Uh, sorry. Just thinking how a day changes a life."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:52 pm
"Don't worry. I promise I'll let you know the moment anything happens." Ted assures Tigress, plugging the number into his own phone and stepping back to let the truck go.

Once Tigress is safely out of earshot, Ted looks across at Mist.
"Don't worry, Mist. I'm not going to spy on you or follow you. You're old enough to look after yourself and the base is pretty safe as long as you follow any warning signs and stay out of restricted areas. I am trusting you to be sensible and let me know if anything happens or if you need help though, okay?" the doctor promises the tuxedo cat.
"You have my number now, plus you know where the medical centre is, and you know the code words. So I'm sure you'll be fine. Go enjoy yourself."
In the same vein, half of the youth's outfit vanishes as soon as the car starts to move. The vest and suit are stuffed into his hat carelessly, leaving him in the black pants and plain white undershirt. His attention flicks back over his shoulder to the doctor as he hears his name, a quick spin leaving him face-to-face. His demeanor has changed significantly, the wide, forced grin and tense stance replaced with a more casual, unbalanced stance and comfortable expression. His head is tilted slightly as he looks up at the doctor, giving a nod once he's finished. "Yeah, you know it!" He grins, tail flicking in excitement as he gives an overzealous Boy Scout salute. "And with that said, know that while it's been great meeting you two, I've had way more attention on me today than I'm cool with, and Doctor Ted's right - I don't need a chaperone. So, Gregg, I'll see you in like... three hours, I guess! Take care~" His assertion ends in a sing-song fashion, with a quick bow directed vaguely between the two. A graceful pivot immediately turns it into a gentle jogging escape, his gaze wandering across the buildings around him. With his phone in his pocket and several years' experience running around urban areas after dark, there wasn't a thought in his mind that he could be late.

===========
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:23 pm
Well, Julian thought, shifting back in his seat. this has been quite the day. 'Found' by the state, a new job, new friends and, hopefully, money enough to make my room a bit less sparse. " And," he thought audibly, "it's not over yet. The lovely Tracie awaits." He seemed to reason he'd said that last aloud. "Uh, sorry. Just thinking how a day changes a life."
Tigress, having fallen completely silent as the car begins to move, finally closes the phone cradled in her hands. She doesn't need to look up from it to see the look on Julian's face, the oddities of her senses giving as full a picture blindly as it would otherwise. The swell of celestial energy within his Aura, a sign of unrestricted self-expression, along with that line... resonates. Something vaguely familiar. The word she's looking for shields itself well, a word she'd been read in one of the audiobooks borrowed (indefinitely) from a local library, and it takes time to finally arrive at her bared fangs. "Smitten." She mumbles loudly, mildly disgusted by it. One of many words denoting attraction - one of many words denoting self-destruction. "Change your life is right." The soft remark lacks any form of hostility, left with an almost pitying hollowness. With the dead stare through the windshield, there's no sign she's trying to be heard.
All the characters!

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Have a good one, Jules. Good luck with your vixen," Gregg says with a smile. He turns back to the town after giving Julian a wave goodbye. "Oh, well," he pauses, "I hadn't really intended on being your chaperone, but I guess I'm getting old enough, so that's understandable." He says, brushing his hair back as if searching for the grey hairs he hoped weren't already there. "I knew apprenticing wasn't easy, but I didn't think I looked that old already," he said with a chuckle. "Still, I'll leave you to your own devices."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, don't get him wrong." Ryan answers the Tikbalang.
"He does get Tikbalang. Remember he's like eighty years old. He's been around the block a few times. What you need to understand, is that this isn't about you as Tikbalang. It's about you as Kaiju. The council wants to treat you the same as all other Kaiju, and like as not, you are still Kaiju, despite your ways of life and belief systems. You can't put yourself above other Kaiju when it comes to anti-Kaiju legislation. Because the fact is, if they come for all of us then they'll come for you too. You just have to look at how humans treat each other, how their history repeats itself, to see that."

~~~~~~~~
"I think I earned his respect and trust there." Ted confides to Greg once Mist is out of earshot.
"I just hope he'll be sensible and won't lose mine. Did you see how he relaxed after Tigress left though? That was interesting..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 4:59 am
"Oh, don't get him wrong." Ryan answers the Tikbalang.
"He does get Tikbalang. Remember he's like eighty years old. He's been around the block a few times. What you need to understand, is that this isn't about you as Tikbalang. It's about you as Kaiju. The council wants to treat you the same as all other Kaiju, and like as not, you are still Kaiju, despite your ways of life and belief systems. You can't put yourself above other Kaiju when it comes to anti-Kaiju legislation. Because the fact is, if they come for all of us then they'll come for you too. You just have to look at how humans treat each other, how their history repeats itself, to see that."
Mordecai opened his mouth to speak, yet no words formed, instead shutting his mouth and just shaking his head as he leaned on the balcony. "I...I'd like to be alone with my thoughts for a bit," he soon said, "If that's OK with you. I just...I just need to think about this whole thing."

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Seems like it," Gregg says, a small smile crossing his face. "Don't forget to give him some chances though. You know how teenagers like to push boundaries if they think they can get away with it." He casts a look towards the doctor as his smile lessens. "I'm no doctor, but I feel like I can recognize a less than stellar home life, from personal experience."

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Heather continued driving down the Kaiju tunnels like before, heading west towards downtown. The vehicle was hitting over 100 mph, though because of how flat and straight the tunnel was. She slowed down to take a couple of turns before finally arriving at the old WWII airbase ruins. A rough drive up a dirt trail, and they were on the Crater Rim again. After half an hour, they arrived in front of the warehouse the interview took place at. Tigress's bike was, thankfully, still there.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

It isn't long into the drive when the warrior's head presses firmly against the chair in front of her, eyes shut tight against creeping nausea. She wasn't used to dealing with cars, and while distracting herself with the other passengers had helped earlier, the higher speed and lack of engagement made it hard to ignore the disjointed sense around her. Even with her eyes closed, her mock-synesthesia kept her keenly aware of the still metal box she was in as she felt the electric cables fly past. The drive drags forever to her, but even once they stop it takes her a moment to realize where they are. After a failed attempt to get up, she manages to release her seatbelt and exit the vehicle, carefully approaching and circling the motorcycle as she scans it for pieces either removed or attached. With no sign of a problem, Tigress releases a nervous breath. There's still plenty to be tense about, but at least now she could get around.

One hand draws her phone, and with a single button pressed begins a call. It's put on the seat, leaving both hands to struggle with the chain lock while she announces over her shoulder "Alright! I'm sure you have all of our information, so you can meet me at my place once you pick him back up and I'll follow you back." With a quick snap the lock falls open. The chain is quickly wrapped around her right arm, leaving her free to turn and address the car properly. She stares through the tinted windows at Julian, adding, after a short pause, "Just - good luck." The cell phone moves on to the voicemail message, with the muffled voice of her son responding to the missed call.
All the characters!

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ryan nods and re-enters the apartment.
"Some hard truths there, Wildfire, but I think he needed to hear them." he repeats to the dragon on the sofa.
"So, why do you think our council would be so worried about the Thunder Bay kaiju? It doesn't really make sense, given that they don't even have jurisdiction there. Something funny is going on..." the otter opines, seating himself, and grabbing another chip and his drink.

~~~~~~~~
"Oooh, yeah!" Ted answers with an eye roll, thinking back to his own time as a teenager.
"That they do!" he grins, but his smile fades along with Greg's.
"Don't get me wrong though. I don't think there's any kind of abuse happening. I think his mother is just fearful and controlling as a result of that fear. And she has good reason to be, from the sounds of it. But don't ask me to explain any further. Patient confidentiality and all that. I shouldn't even have said that much, really. I don't know why I even brought it up with you." the doctor admits, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.
"I guess maybe you're just a likeable person..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Oh, no, yeah, I don't think it's physical or anything and it comes across exactly as you said, so I don't think there's anything malicious about it either." He shifts his weight from one foot to the other, "Honestly I can't quite tell if he's just better at switching off than she is and I'm not going to overly speculate on it either." He smiled warmly at the hare, "And, uh, thank you, I try to make myself likeable," he says with a chuckle before turning away slightly to hide the blush.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

As they dropped Tigress off, Julian came to the moment he'd feared, just a little, for the drive back. If Heather was to drop him off at his place - and, in point of fact, pick him up there tomorrow, she'd need the address. It wasn't exactly one of the nicer areas of town. In fact it was the sort of place where the house values would go up by having a vehicle such as this outside them for five minutes. "Uh, it's 238 Salamanca," he said, trying not to feel embarrassed. "But you can let me out on Caldwell if you like," he added.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Standing out on the balcony, alone with his thoughts, Mordecai gazed out into the city, his mind replaying not just what both Ryan and Wildfire said to him earlier but the days events on a whole. From his less than stellar meeting with the council to every event with Wildfire, he began to wonder if it was a mistake even having any interaction with the dragon in the first place. Yes, he did save his life and grandfather's and, yes, he did save the life of that kid, that much was certain. And yet? Yet, for every positive thing he did, there were three or more negatives that overshadowed them. He glanced back over at the two inside, watching them as they talked for a bit before shaking his head. With a huff of his breath, he walked back into the room and, passing both Ryan and Wildfire without even acknowledging either of them, grabbed his phone and headed towards the elevator, taking it down to the lobby and exiting the building entirely.

Once he was outside and away from the other, Mordecai took a deep breath to calm his nerves and began walking down the sidewalk. He had no destination in mind for this stroll, just a simple walk to cool the flames within him that was currently burning while letting the sounds of the city fill his ears; from children playing to folks chatting to the sounds of vehicles driving by him. It was honestly very peaceful to him, hearing the symphony of the world instead of the song of two folks. Still, as he passed by a family sitting on their porch, he couldn't get the day's events out of his head. "I should've never taken Ryan and that dragon up on that lunch offer in the first place", he said with a sigh to himself as he sat on the bench close to the house, "None of this would've happened if I went straight for a hotel room instead of going to that seafood place. That dragon means well but...he just doesn't get my people and why we never registered." Though he believed he was speaking to himself, he was unaware that the family behind him could hear every word he said.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:23 am
Ryan nods and re-enters the apartment.
"Some hard truths there, Wildfire, but I think he needed to hear them." he repeats to the dragon on the sofa.
"So, why do you think our council would be so worried about the Thunder Bay kaiju? It doesn't really make sense, given that they don't even have jurisdiction there. Something funny is going on..." the otter opines, seating himself, and grabbing another chip and his drink.
"The city's been trying to expand." Wildfire sighed. "Or, at least, the giant tech companies, developers, and real estate barons who pay for the counsel's campaigns have been trying to expand. Get the city to basically annex neighboring towns, bully the residents into leaving or seize their property through eminent domain, then let the fat-cats have their way. The Real Estate people want to tear down the small, affordable houses and replace them with expensive luxury mansions, or just buy and sell the land for a profit until nobody can afford to live there anymore. The tech companies want more space so they can make their developers live on campus, where they'll always have an eye on them. Developers are just the middlemen. They flatten what's there and build whatever they're told to." the dragon growled, flames flickering from his nostrils as his scales glowed a soft red color. "Not accusing your family of anything, Ryan, but a lot of people your family has to deal with, and has to be friendly with, are the scum of the Earth."

Wildfire looked Ryan in the eyes with concern in his own. "When a business becomes profitable, one of a few things happens. The owner forgets their principles and becomes like a sociopath, chasing further growth like a cancer. The owner sticks to their principles, and another company that doesn't grows big enough to absorb them and oust the moral owner. Or the owner sticks to their principles and company hits a ceiling. When that happens, the shareholders either oust the owner and replace them with one without principles, or they sell their stock to shareholders who will."

"I've seen it happen hundreds of times." Wildfire said sadly. "There's no room for moral men in Corporate America. Not anymore. Moral men don't turn a profit. The moment their morality gets in the way of growth, they get purged. Your father is a moral man. You are a moral man." Wildfire's voice was serious. "Be careful of your 'friends' Ryan. Tax Evasion, NDA's, Wage theft... Those are things that can be proved, and can be stopped. But they don't need a knife to stab you in the back. They don't need to break the law to betray you. They just need a check too fat for your company to refuse. The moment they think it is profitable to do so, they'll throw you under a bus, and I won't be able to stop them. You're a nice guy, Ryan. But the people coming to your party? They make a living eating nice guys for breakfast."

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:10 pm
As they dropped Tigress off, Julian came to the moment he'd feared, just a little, for the drive back. If Heather was to drop him off at his place - and, in point of fact, pick him up there tomorrow, she'd need the address. It wasn't exactly one of the nicer areas of town. In fact it was the sort of place where the house values would go up by having a vehicle such as this outside them for five minutes. "Uh, it's 238 Salamanca," he said, trying not to feel embarrassed. "But you can let me out on Caldwell if you like," he added.
Picking up on Julian's sense of embarrassment, Heather decided to let him out on Caldwell, as close to the neighborhood as possible. "Stay safe, and good luck with the date." she said.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

After a symphony of various thoughts played in his head, Mordecai still wasn't back to his usual self. In fact, he felt himself getting angry once again over the whole day's events. He didn't want to go back to Ryan's apartment in this mood, knowing full well he'd lash out at Wildfire worse than he did a few hours prior. Still, he needed someone to chat with about the situation. Someone that he could confine in that he trusted. There was his town's council and his family, but he needed someone different. That's when a familiar name came to him, one that brought a small smile as he dialed in Mr. Jason O'Connor's number on his cell.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you, boss," Julian said. "I'll see you tomorrow? Uh, here? At what time?" After waiting on Heather's responses, Julian made his way home to change and get back out for the evening's date with Tracie.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie